Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / played - 01 March 2003

[Sat Mar 1 20:31:00 2003] : (1503) DM: GAME START
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:13 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc xerox can be waiting at the camp
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:16 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard builds a fire **
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:31 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar looks around nervously for Fzoul **
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:39 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox has already built fire, camp and food **
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:45 2003] : (1503) DM: no sign of fzoul
[Sat Mar 1 20:31:47 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc is it a requirement for bad guys to have a Z in their name?
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:04 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc food building, a vital skill
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:10 2003] : (1509) Cel: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:11 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:23 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc yes, it's so you know they're baddies
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:33 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Ah. It's good to be back."
[Sat Mar 1 20:32:42 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc Wasn't that where the black hats were for?
[Sat Mar 1 20:33:17 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar casts magic missle at a rock **
[Sat Mar 1 20:33:23 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc yeah, but in case their hats blow off or they fall in a river and lose them, this is a back up device
[Sat Mar 1 20:33:42 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard takes her old hammer from her pack and looks at it, trying it's weight and balance **
[Sat Mar 1 20:33:46 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc MM at a rock??
[Sat Mar 1 20:34:00 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc better than at the darkness
[Sat Mar 1 20:34:02 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Can anyone remember where Fzoul and his Zhentariums operate?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:34:14 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc he missed his magic.
[Sat Mar 1 20:34:25 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Mar 1 20:34:29 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc ok
[Sat Mar 1 20:35:26 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "ok so what happened to you lot? and why are you blasting rocks?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:35:55 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "I could have blasted you Xerox but I didn't think you appreciate it."
[Sat Mar 1 20:36:07 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard doesn't appear to be listening **
[Sat Mar 1 20:36:19 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Anyway, I've been playing barbarian and slaying gods. How about you?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:36:38 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Okay, it was only 1 god and we had a little help."
[Sat Mar 1 20:37:34 2003] : (1506) Xerox: Hmmm killing God's heh? yes....
[Sat Mar 1 20:38:34 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Beholders were definitely not one of the gods' more welcome ideas....
[Sat Mar 1 20:38:54 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Not all gods a good, Chiara."
[Sat Mar 1 20:39:28 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "you were fighting eye tyrants? those things are nasty."
[Sat Mar 1 20:39:53 2003] : (1505) Chiara: That is fortunate in this instance; I wouldn't like to think that any Good god had a hand in the creation of those monsters
[Sat Mar 1 20:40:17 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc brb, gettin drink
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:28 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc back
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:37 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc u lot r talkative tonight :P
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc wb
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:54 2003] : (1503) DM: setting up camp for the night? (its evening)
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:56 2003] : (1505) Chiara: we try :p
[Sat Mar 1 20:41:58 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: yeah
[Sat Mar 1 20:42:30 2003] : (1503) DM: settin watches?
[Sat Mar 1 20:42:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: of course
[Sat Mar 1 20:42:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Yep
[Sat Mar 1 20:42:43 2003] : (1503) DM: who on what watch?
[Sat Mar 1 20:42:50 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: me first
[Sat Mar 1 20:43:00 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Then me
[Sat Mar 1 20:43:02 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc /me sets watch for 8pm
[Sat Mar 1 20:43:34 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc oh dear, I think I'm drunk this morning :-)
[Sat Mar 1 20:43:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc 8pm GMT?
[Sat Mar 1 20:43:57 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc no, no, 8pm AEDT of course
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:02 2003] : (1503) DM: ok, 4 watches....asadar then IB then chiara then xerox?
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:06 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox on first as well **
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:22 2003] : (1503) DM: ok, two watches? 4 hours apiece?
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:30 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: looks like it/
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:32 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc yes, sure, DM (trying to calm down)
[Sat Mar 1 20:44:43 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc OK
[Sat Mar 1 20:45:00 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc @ Ironbeard: real time, of course
[Sat Mar 1 20:45:18 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Mar 1 20:45:18 2003] : (1503) DM: a peaceful night is had by all, but i think xerox has something to share about what happened during the night
[Sat Mar 1 20:45:54 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "*Yawn*"
[Sat Mar 1 20:46:15 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Is there anything to eat here?
[Sat Mar 1 20:46:18 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara gets ready to start the morning chants **
[Sat Mar 1 20:47:01 2003] : (1506) Xerox: oh ok
[Sat Mar 1 20:48:10 2003] : ** (1506) Wolf pads over and eats some of the meat **
[Sat Mar 1 20:48:24 2003] : (1505) Chiara: (were you all at maximum hp last night, BTW?)
[Sat Mar 1 20:48:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Hey, get away from the meat wolf."
[Sat Mar 1 20:48:44 2003] : (1505) Chiara: (well, if not, you are now)
[Sat Mar 1 20:48:51 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc I think I was after havinf returned
[Sat Mar 1 20:49:20 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "Hey he's just having his share" Xerox watching him calmly
[Sat Mar 1 20:49:28 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard looks at the wolf **
[Sat Mar 1 20:49:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Okay, what's the wolf doing here?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:49:36 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: What's that animal doing here?
[Sat Mar 1 20:49:56 2003] : ** (1506) Wolf looks at Ironbeard **
[Sat Mar 1 20:50:27 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard walks over to the wolf **
[Sat Mar 1 20:50:27 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "He's a friend I met up with last night"
[Sat Mar 1 20:50:43 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: A friend? After only one night?
[Sat Mar 1 20:51:02 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "It'ds my animal magnetism you know"
[Sat Mar 1 20:51:34 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara raises her eyebrows **
[Sat Mar 1 20:51:41 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 20:51:46 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard shrugs and gets something to eat herself **
[Sat Mar 1 20:52:44 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "You mean the 'Animal friendship' spell, right?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:53:12 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "well you could put it that way.... I suppose"
[Sat Mar 1 20:53:42 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Just make sure he pulls his weight if he's going to wat our food
[Sat Mar 1 20:53:48 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Does he have a name?
[Sat Mar 1 20:53:49 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "I guess the wolf if fine. Just make sure it doesn't consider rats as food."
[Sat Mar 1 20:53:57 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "By the way do you know where we're headed next?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:54:28 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "what need do wolves have for names?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:54:56 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: The need is for us, not for him :)
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:08 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc meaning i cant think of one atm ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:16 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:22 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "I'm good with names. How about Wolf?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:31 2003] : (1509) Cel: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:40 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I prefer to be able to call my friends by name
[Sat Mar 1 20:55:58 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc Belgarath :-p
[Sat Mar 1 20:56:02 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "that sounds ok I'll ask him about it later"
[Sat Mar 1 20:56:06 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc LOL!
[Sat Mar 1 20:56:20 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc though that was a quote from Poledra, strictly speaking
[Sat Mar 1 20:56:37 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Any chance of a beer in the foreseeable future?
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:03 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "We're going north west!"
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:11 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "Anyway anyone know where we're headed next?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:13 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Doing what?
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:14 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Any objections? Good. Let's get moving."
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:32 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: What's inj the north west?
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:37 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um. Not going south east sounds good at this point."
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:50 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Why?
[Sat Mar 1 20:57:52 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "ok and whats that way?"
[Sat Mar 1 20:58:06 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Zhentariums that way."
[Sat Mar 1 20:58:24 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "You can go whatever way you want but I'm going NW."
[Sat Mar 1 20:58:28 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "hmmm a good point"
[Sat Mar 1 20:58:54 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc not a lot to the NW, just water/very very cold land, not much goes on north of IWD
[Sat Mar 1 20:59:14 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc glass container for keeping Zhents in? Zhentarim, not Zhentarium...
[Sat Mar 1 20:59:26 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Mar 1 20:59:28 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 20:59:31 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc wtf?
[Sat Mar 1 20:59:53 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc the organisation is known as the zhentarim
[Sat Mar 1 21:00:30 2003] : (1503) DM: so what u all doing?
[Sat Mar 1 21:00:40 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar is consulting maps. **
[Sat Mar 1 21:00:42 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox and wolf will scout ahead when we set uout **
[Sat Mar 1 21:00:55 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um. Looks like there's nothing NW. Er..."
[Sat Mar 1 21:01:03 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara is probably still chanting **
[Sat Mar 1 21:01:16 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Whatever, but let's make it quick, I'll be glad to leave this place behind me
[Sat Mar 1 21:01:37 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Let's see. How about SW?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:01:40 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc anything there?
[Sat Mar 1 21:01:45 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc Probably? Not sure?
[Sat Mar 1 21:02:07 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc sw is the coastline and from there the moonshae isles, evermeet and maztica
[Sat Mar 1 21:02:49 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: (looking at map) "Never heard of these places before. Oh well, nevermind. They can't be that bad."
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:18 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc you'd have to get a ship to get to them
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:20 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Have you decided where to go yet?
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:34 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc we're horseless right?
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:36 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "south along the coast?
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:52 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc Yes, the horses have been eaten
[Sat Mar 1 21:03:53 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox has a horse and a mule **
[Sat Mar 1 21:04:17 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar checks map for nearest place that sells horses. **
[Sat Mar 1 21:04:28 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc Typical: the one that is no use in a fighjt still has a mount
[Sat Mar 1 21:04:56 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc OI!
[Sat Mar 1 21:05:15 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard isn't impressed :P **
[Sat Mar 1 21:05:17 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc *Xerox* is no use in a fight?!
[Sat Mar 1 21:05:32 2003] : (1503) DM: some small towns are dotted about the map, the nearest is about two days away
[Sat Mar 1 21:05:36 2003] : (1503) DM: south
[Sat Mar 1 21:06:09 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar points at the map. "Here, this looks good. We can resupply and so on." **
[Sat Mar 1 21:06:18 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar head off south to the town. **
[Sat Mar 1 21:06:40 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard follows **
[Sat Mar 1 21:07:01 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox and wolf scout ahead **
[Sat Mar 1 21:07:33 2003] : (1503) DM: your first day of travel is suprisingly quiet
[Sat Mar 1 21:07:42 2003] : (1503) DM: nothing at all jumps out at you
[Sat Mar 1 21:07:42 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc phew
[Sat Mar 1 21:07:47 2003] : (1503) DM: no-one tries to kill you
[Sat Mar 1 21:08:00 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc Why not? ;)
[Sat Mar 1 21:08:05 2003] : (1503) DM: the night passes peacefully too
[Sat Mar 1 21:08:10 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc what a whole day with noone trying to kill us?
[Sat Mar 1 21:08:18 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc tsk, slacking DM.
[Sat Mar 1 21:08:25 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc And a whole night as well ;)
[Sat Mar 1 21:09:14 2003] : (1503) DM: xerox: how far ahead are you scouting?
[Sat Mar 1 21:09:40 2003] : (1506) Xerox: about a mile ahead
[Sat Mar 1 21:09:48 2003] : (1503) DM: trying to keep hidden?
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:01 2003] : (1506) Xerox: reasonably but not excessivly
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:07 2003] : (1503) DM: make the rolls
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:10 2003] : (1503) DM: if you want
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:23 2003] : (1506) Xerox: Skill Check: Move Silently [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:28 2003] : (1506) Xerox: Skill Check: Hide [1d20+21] -> [8,21] = (29)
[Sat Mar 1 21:10:53 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc That looks excessive to me ;)
[Sat Mar 1 21:11:26 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc just trying to avoid being jumped on by dangerous beasts(tm)
[Sat Mar 1 21:11:30 2003] : (1503) DM: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Sat Mar 1 21:12:48 2003] : (1503) DM: ok
[Sat Mar 1 21:13:11 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "guys be quiet theres a white dragon just ahead"
[Sat Mar 1 21:13:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Okay, let's go around it."
[Sat Mar 1 21:13:43 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Where?
[Sat Mar 1 21:14:08 2003] : (1506) Xerox: about a mile ahead of us. it looked to be eating.
[Sat Mar 1 21:14:33 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: We'd better make sure not to disturb it then
[Sat Mar 1 21:14:49 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Let's just circle around it. No need to disturb its dinner."
[Sat Mar 1 21:14:59 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "ok lets head around by several miles"
[Sat Mar 1 21:15:54 2003] : (1503) DM: taking a wide route around?
[Sat Mar 1 21:15:59 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: yep
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:03 2003] : (1503) DM: u sure?
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:13 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Yep
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:16 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: don't fancy being white dragon dinner
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:21 2003] : (1503) DM: not gonna ask again....positive?
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Yes
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:39 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Affirmative
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:42 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc I can just see it ... out of the frying pan...
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:47 2003] : (1503) DM: ok
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:48 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc sounds like the dm wants us to go fight it ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:16:58 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc into the dragonfire ;)
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:19 2003] : (1503) DM: the rest of the day passes peacefully no further dragon sightings
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:23 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc chickens :P
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:28 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc we have to ignore the promptings of our conscience, because we can't hear it in-game :-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:35 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc But still alive :P
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:40 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc Buk, buk. bu-baaaark.
[Sat Mar 1 21:17:42 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc we're cold :-p
[Sat Mar 1 21:18:14 2003] : (1503) DM: at the end of the second day you spot the town in the distance
[Sat Mar 1 21:18:38 2003] : (1503) DM: a smallish cluster of buildings, you guess its home to no more than 100 people
[Sat Mar 1 21:19:06 2003] : (1503) DM: it has 20ft high walls around it, a nice big wooden gate, and the walls are patrolled by armed men
[Sat Mar 1 21:19:16 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc not likely to be hiding a magic sling under their furs, then...
[Sat Mar 1 21:19:22 2003] : (1503) DM: you can see only 6 guards
[Sat Mar 1 21:19:28 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Armored guards? For a place this size?
[Sat Mar 1 21:19:34 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc only 6
[Sat Mar 1 21:20:11 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox tells wolf to keep away from the town and go find some food **
[Sat Mar 1 21:20:25 2003] : (1503) DM: wolf wanders off
[Sat Mar 1 21:20:41 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Looks okay to me. Let's go."
[Sat Mar 1 21:20:58 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Yes, let's find an inn
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:00 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "considering the creatures in the area it's probably normal"
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:33 2003] : ** (1503) Guard looks over the wall at the party **
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:39 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Still, you don't often find guards in a place this small
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:40 2003] : (1503) Guard: who are you?
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:43 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox heads towards town **
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:53 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Travellers, looking for a place to resupply."
[Sat Mar 1 21:21:55 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Adverturers
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:16 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um. Yeah, Travelling adventurers."
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:16 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "travellers in need of supplies"
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:17 2003] : (1503) Guard: coming FROM the north???
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:23 2003] : ** (1503) Guard looks to be about 16 **
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:34 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Bit too chilly up there so we turned around."
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:39 2003] : (1503) Guard: Adventurers???? Really???? wow
[Sat Mar 1 21:22:52 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "yes we've already been up theret"
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:05 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc don't buy him any ale or swords!
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:11 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:14 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:20 2003] : (1503) Guard: What have you killed?? tell me, go on, please???
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:26 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc Anyone read Nodwick?
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:27 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc hes a guard he's already got them ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:42 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc occasionally
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:43 2003] : (1503) Guard: ooc yep asadar
[Sat Mar 1 21:23:56 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc nope
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:04 2003] : ** (1503) Guard doesnt want to throw stones at girls **
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:13 2003] : (1509) Cel: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:15 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Oh, you know the usual. Remorhazes, horrible demon things that would give you nightmare..."
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:26 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Are you going to let us in or what?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:32 2003] : (1503) Guard: Giants?? Dragons??
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:34 2003] : (1503) Guard: oh
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:36 2003] : (1503) Guard: hang on
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:47 2003] : ** (1503) Guard runs down some steps and opens the gate **
[Sat Mar 1 21:24:53 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc C would say "..a god" here except she wouldn't. Someone else say it, go on!
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:00 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Thanks mate, what's your name?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:15 2003] : (1503) Guard: I'm Stefan
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:33 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Thank you, Stefan :)
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Hey (to the party), did we get any giants? I can't remember what things we've slain?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:39 2003] : (1503) Guard: I'm gonna be an adventurer one day
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:45 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Is there an inn here?
[Sat Mar 1 21:25:49 2003] : (1503) Guard: when dad lets me
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:07 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Woah. Steady on there Stefan. It's not what the stories make it out to be."
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:10 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "...duregar, undead, those running things......"
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:11 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: No need to hurry, plenty of time for adventures
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:25 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I don't recall any giants since I joined you, A'Sadar
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:30 2003] : (1503) Guard: An Inn?? oh, yeah. Theres the frozen goblin, down the main street on the right.
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:42 2003] : (1503) Guard: ooc running things???
[Sat Mar 1 21:26:43 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "I know we got those Ogres at the encampment"
[Sat Mar 1 21:27:08 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Ha! Best thing to do with goblins -- freeze them. Thanks Stefan, see later."
[Sat Mar 1 21:27:19 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: How's the beer at that place?
[Sat Mar 1 21:27:32 2003] : ** (1503) Guard sidles up to xerox **
[Sat Mar 1 21:27:32 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc digesters iirc
[Sat Mar 1 21:27:37 2003] : (1503) Guard: Can I see your sword?
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:03 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I started trying to remember how to speak Giant once, but I don't think we ended up talking...
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:03 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox draws out his nice shiny rapier" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:19 2003] : ** (1503) Guard pulls out his cheap many-notched blade **
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:30 2003] : (1503) Guard: I better start saving *sigh*
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:39 2003] : (1503) Guard: Anyway, have fun
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:43 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "hang on yes we got that two headed thing a while back down in thre forest"
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:51 2003] : ** (1503) Guard runs back up the steps to the top of the wall **
[Sat Mar 1 21:28:53 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Thanks, see you later
[Sat Mar 1 21:29:06 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox heads to beer **
[Sat Mar 1 21:29:21 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard is the first in the inn **
[Sat Mar 1 21:29:51 2003] : (1503) DM: the frozen goblin is a cheap looking place, the furniture all looks handmade by someone with two left hands. but there is beer
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:00 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Aha
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:04 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Adventuring types I see
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:08 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Come on in
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:23 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: pull up a stool
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:35 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I don't like beer very much, do you have anything else?
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:40 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: A beer, please
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:47 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: something other than beer???
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:58 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc diet coke?
[Sat Mar 1 21:30:59 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "only the one Iron?" grins
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:01 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper pours IB a beer..."2 copper please" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:01 2003] : (1505) Chiara: yes, please, if you have anything
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:12 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper looks confused **
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:19 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: hmmm, something other than beer
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:25 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard pays **
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:34 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: aha
[Sat Mar 1 21:31:40 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper runs to a back room **
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:06 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper comes back with a bottle of wine.....still brushing cobwebs off it **
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:21 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Here's some of that wine stuff posh folk drink. will that do?
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:24 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc I don't like diet coke either
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:40 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc He won't have that, I wager ;)
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:41 2003] : (1505) Chiara: yes, I thinkj so, what is it?
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:50 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: um, wine
[Sat Mar 1 21:32:58 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox takes a look at the label **
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:05 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: you can have the bottle for 1 silver
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:13 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: ooc no label
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:14 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "A beer if you would?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:26 2003] : (1505) Chiara: (what odds it's passed its prime and gone to vinegar, but even that would be better than beer...)
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:28 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper serves Asadar with a beer "2 copper" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:33 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara pays for bottle **
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:36 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "here you go."
[Sat Mar 1 21:33:58 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Oh, rooms for the night? (before my friends get totally plastered.)"
[Sat Mar 1 21:34:13 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "here" gives innkeeper a gold piece "tell me when that runs out for the beer, i know how much this lot drink sometimes."
[Sat Mar 1 21:34:18 2003] : (1505) Chiara: is the wine red or white?
[Sat Mar 1 21:34:26 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper bites the gold coin to check its real **
[Sat Mar 1 21:35:12 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper puts 10 tankards on the table "help yourself, aint got a golds worth o beer in the whole place" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:35:21 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc was tempted to give him a platinum but you'd probably die of alcohol poisoning before it ran out ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:35:24 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper looks suprised **
[Sat Mar 1 21:35:52 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper walks slowly round the bar and kneels by Chiara **
[Sat Mar 1 21:36:00 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Your blessing Milady?
[Sat Mar 1 21:36:04 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper bows his head **
[Sat Mar 1 21:36:04 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara blinks **
[Sat Mar 1 21:36:19 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper is shaking **
[Sat Mar 1 21:36:52 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Er. Certainly, my brother, though not mine but that of my Lord Lathander.
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:02 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara recites a blessing **
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:12 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard watches, trying to make sense of it **
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:13 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper sighs, seems to relax and returns to his place behind the bar **
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:35 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Anything else I can help you with milady?
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:42 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Hey, what's the probl...(shut mouth suddenly)"
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:44 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "do you know somewher we can get some new mounts? we lost most of ours in the north"
[Sat Mar 1 21:37:57 2003] : (1505) Chiara: can you tell me what stores you have in town?
[Sat Mar 1 21:38:59 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: We have a general store, not much to shout about but the prices are reasonable. We do have a blacksmith who can manage most weapons and armours if pushed. The rest of your requirements can probably be met by the townsfolk
[Sat Mar 1 21:39:29 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: What is it you seek milady?
[Sat Mar 1 21:40:28 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I don't suppose you have a corkscrew? This bottle is so dusty I can't even tell what colour the wine is?
[Sat Mar 1 21:40:39 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: I will find one at once
[Sat Mar 1 21:40:43 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper rushes into the backroom **
[Sat Mar 1 21:40:53 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "What's gotten into him?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:06 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "looks like thay don't get many priests out here"
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:16 2003] : (1503) DM: you hear a door slam in the backroom
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:18 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Lathander be praised. Anything else you want, friends?
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:33 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara is grinning **
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:35 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Whatever it was, it happened suddenly
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:39 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc an outside door?
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:41 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox takes a look into the backroom **
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:48 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc probably
[Sat Mar 1 21:41:56 2003] : (1503) DM: noone in there xerox
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:02 2003] : (1503) DM: its his storeroom/kitchen
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:22 2003] : (1503) DM: the only other door there leads outside
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:25 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "he seems to have gone out. maybe to find one for you chiara"
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:30 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Did you do anything, Chiara, that could explain his behaviour?
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:46 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Oh dear. I could have borrowed a dagger or something...
[Sat Mar 1 21:42:51 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox takes his tankard and heads out front to keep an eye on things **
[Sat Mar 1 21:43:03 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar sits down in a corner with his beer. **
[Sat Mar 1 21:43:50 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I think he noticed my sunrise symbol. It seems that priests are held in high regard....
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:00 2003] : ** (1503) DM comes rushing back in thru the backroom, red faced and out of breath **
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:12 2003] : ** (1503) DM carefully places a corkscrew in front of chiara **
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:12 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc do you, Darren? :-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:19 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc thats innkeeper
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:22 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc thanks :-D
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:24 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc DM? whered he come form?
[Sat Mar 1 21:44:57 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara operates the corkscrew, opens the bottle, smells it. is it red or white and is it okay? **
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:05 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: red, and ok
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:09 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I still find it very odd
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:13 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "oh do you have some rooms to rent here?"
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:19 2003] : (1505) Chiara: a glass please, innkeeper?
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:44 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: a glass?? of course
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:53 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper runs out the backroom, door slams again **
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:58 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc and there he goes again ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:45:59 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: (whispering) Don't get him started again :)
[Sat Mar 1 21:46:03 2003] : (1505) Chiara: oh dear ......
[Sat Mar 1 21:46:14 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard takes another beer **
[Sat Mar 1 21:46:34 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "chiara how about you ask him avbout the rooms he seems to be mostly ignoring me and A'sadar
[Sat Mar 1 21:46:43 2003] : (1505) Chiara: why didn't I say "a tankard"? though it woulld be an isult to decent pinot to serve it in pewter...
[Sat Mar 1 21:46:55 2003] : (1505) Chiara: insult
[Sat Mar 1 21:47:14 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO, a pinot, here?
[Sat Mar 1 21:47:36 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc well, I dunno, you want to come up with the FR name of a red grape?!
[Sat Mar 1 21:47:44 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "probaly but were out on the frontier here"
[Sat Mar 1 21:47:47 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper comes running back in, a spotlessly clean glass in hand **
[Sat Mar 1 21:47:56 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper places the glass gently in front of chiara **
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:09 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Hey, Innkeeper, steady on there. That's only Chiara..."
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:22 2003] : (1505) Chiara: thank you innkeeper. tell me, do you have any rooms we can rent?
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:29 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper looks shocked at asadar's words **
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:42 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: rent?? for you milady?? we have free rooms
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:51 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc this is cool. no-one else seems to respect my reverend status much :-)
[Sat Mar 1 21:48:56 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Handy with a mace, good for pacthing people up and all round excellent companion. But hardly someone to give yourself a heart attack over.""
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:05 2003] : (1505) Chiara: and for my friends as well?
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:15 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox talks quietly to innkeeper "don't worry about him I think he took a bit of the knock a while back" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:19 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: your friends are out friends milady
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:22 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc more handy with a crossbow, actually, but whatever
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:22 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: ooc our
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:38 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox heads over to A'sadar **
[Sat Mar 1 21:49:54 2003] : (1505) Chiara: thank you, friend, Lathander's grace upon you
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:00 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I'd be more than happy to pay, you can't make a lot of money here
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:03 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Thank you milady
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:14 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: The rooms are free
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:36 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox talks quietly "let them think what they want, it seems to make them happy" **
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:37 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: all are just up the stairs......can I carry your equipment up for you?
[Sat Mar 1 21:50:47 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar rolls his eyes. **
[Sat Mar 1 21:51:20 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper looks at chiara expectantly **
[Sat Mar 1 21:51:30 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Don't bother, I'm the only one touching my equipment
[Sat Mar 1 21:51:49 2003] : (1505) Chiara: if you wish, friend, but it is'nt necessary. we are all strong
[Sat Mar 1 21:52:17 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper picks up chiara's equipment and carries it up the stairs **
[Sat Mar 1 21:52:50 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc well, only relatively strong, but I've been carrying the damn stuff so far....
[Sat Mar 1 21:53:00 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara shrugs and lets him **
[Sat Mar 1 21:53:01 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 21:53:16 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper hurries back down the stairs **
[Sat Mar 1 21:53:37 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Is there anything else you require milady?
[Sat Mar 1 21:53:39 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Ask him why he's behaving this way, Chiara
[Sat Mar 1 21:54:30 2003] : (1505) Chiara: please tell me why you regard me with such reverence. priests of my Lord Lathander are the servants of others, we do not expect to be served
[Sat Mar 1 21:55:21 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: I believe this is the proper way to behave in the presence of one who serves the morninglord. Have I done something wrong? Have I displeased you milady?
[Sat Mar 1 21:56:41 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard listens intensely **
[Sat Mar 1 21:56:54 2003] : (1505) Chiara: No, not at all, it is simply something I'm not accustomed to. If you believe it is your service to Lathander to respect his servants, who am I to deny you?
[Sat Mar 1 21:57:21 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper smiles **
[Sat Mar 1 21:58:16 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Whatever you require please just call. I am here to serve.
[Sat Mar 1 21:58:22 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper nips into backroom **
[Sat Mar 1 21:58:28 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Do we need anything else, friends?
[Sat Mar 1 21:58:41 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper stops in doorway just in case **
[Sat Mar 1 21:59:16 2003] : (1506) Xerox: not at the moment, in the morning we'll want to find some new mounts though
[Sat Mar 1 21:59:28 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Mounts? how many would be required?
[Sat Mar 1 21:59:33 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Not that I can think of right now, I want to try a bed first :)
[Sat Mar 1 22:00:07 2003] : (1506) Xerox: three - no theres arkannath and cayle too thats 5
[Sat Mar 1 22:00:39 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: ooc ark and cayle are not with you, they have, um, other business to attend to
[Sat Mar 1 22:00:53 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc three then ;-)_
[Sat Mar 1 22:01:01 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: Just 3? do you require any pack animals?
[Sat Mar 1 22:01:45 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: oh
[Sat Mar 1 22:01:50 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "do we? I've got my mule how many supplies do the rest of you think we'll need?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:01:56 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper steps forward and places 1 silver in front of chiara **
[Sat Mar 1 22:02:09 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "We should travel light and swiftly"
[Sat Mar 1 22:02:35 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: We just have to make sure we have enough food with us
[Sat Mar 1 22:02:38 2003] : (1505) Chiara: what is...? oh, for my wine. are you certain, friend? you will starve yourself at this rate
[Sat Mar 1 22:02:40 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "asadr how far is it till we reach a large city?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:02:54 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: I am certain milady. Your blessing is enough.
[Sat Mar 1 22:03:00 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar checks map. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:03:02 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc DM?
[Sat Mar 1 22:03:05 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: ooc 2 weeks to a city
[Sat Mar 1 22:03:46 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "our mounts can rpobably carry that much but we'll probably want one pack animal as well"
[Sat Mar 1 22:04:18 2003] : (1503) Innkeeper: I will see to it. They will be waiting in the stables behind the inn at first light
[Sat Mar 1 22:04:23 2003] : ** (1503) Innkeeper runs out the back door **
[Sat Mar 1 22:04:44 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: He's not giving them to us, is he?
[Sat Mar 1 22:06:15 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Just leave him some coins before we leave."
[Sat Mar 1 22:06:29 2003] : (1505) Chiara: This is getting too much. If he will not accept money, I must think of another way to do him a benefit.
[Sat Mar 1 22:06:58 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I agree, we must be able to pay him in some way
[Sat Mar 1 22:07:13 2003] : (1506) Xerox: quietly "i'll take care of giving him money if he wont take it openly"
[Sat Mar 1 22:07:19 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar makes a start on another beer. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:07:47 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Please do :)
[Sat Mar 1 22:07:52 2003] : (1505) Chiara: - I know. I think they must not have a temple here. Perhaps I can sanctify a place for them, that they may have a shrine, access to the gods
[Sat Mar 1 22:08:07 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "but give him a blessing or ask if you can do something for him chiara before we leave as well"
[Sat Mar 1 22:08:39 2003] : (1503) DM: carrying on drinking till you almost pass out?
[Sat Mar 1 22:08:49 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: That's the plan
[Sat Mar 1 22:09:16 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "A toast!"
[Sat Mar 1 22:09:34 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "To friends present and... friends past."
[Sat Mar 1 22:09:47 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I'll drink to that
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:17 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ... it is a very expensive spell, though... and I doubt they can supply me with the wherewithal. I may have to come back later to fulfil my intention
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:25 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara drinks too **
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:40 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc David looks up wherewithal...
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:47 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "why what do you need?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:52 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Mar 1 22:10:52 2003] : (1505) Chiara: "what I need to do it with"
[Sat Mar 1 22:12:28 2003] : (1505) Chiara: A large amount of herbs, oil and incense, and as much money again as those cost. A matter of about 2000gp
[Sat Mar 1 22:12:45 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Small change for us."
[Sat Mar 1 22:12:50 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: We have the money :)
[Sat Mar 1 22:13:15 2003] : (1505) Chiara: but do they have the herbs and such, that is my concern
[Sat Mar 1 22:13:36 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Only one way to find out
[Sat Mar 1 22:13:55 2003] : (1503) DM: hours pass.....
[Sat Mar 1 22:14:05 2003] : (1503) DM: you start to feel quite.....relaxed
[Sat Mar 1 22:14:12 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar falls into bed at some point. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:14:42 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara never got drunk, seeing she eked her bottle of wine out carefully **
[Sat Mar 1 22:14:53 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard makes sure he doesn't fall off the stairs **
[Sat Mar 1 22:14:55 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc never said u had :P
[Sat Mar 1 22:15:26 2003] : (1503) DM: eventually.......
[Sat Mar 1 22:15:33 2003] : (1503) DM: the sun rises again
[Sat Mar 1 22:15:46 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar continues sleeping **
[Sat Mar 1 22:16:01 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard goes down for breakfast **
[Sat Mar 1 22:16:10 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox wanders down and checks on his animals and the new ones if their there **
[Sat Mar 1 22:16:12 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara gets up and chants **
[Sat Mar 1 22:16:24 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: *Zzzzzz*
[Sat Mar 1 22:16:38 2003] : (1503) DM: the new animals are in the stables, not the best animals youve seen but they'll do
[Sat Mar 1 22:17:12 2003] : (1503) DM: the innkeeper isnt around
[Sat Mar 1 22:17:32 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard goes to the kitchen to find something to eat **
[Sat Mar 1 22:17:56 2003] : (1503) DM: plenty of food in there IB, all looks to have been brought in overnight
[Sat Mar 1 22:18:17 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard makes breakfast for the whole company **
[Sat Mar 1 22:19:09 2003] : ** (1503) Stefan is peeking into the inn thru one of the windows **
[Sat Mar 1 22:19:14 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox takes a look around for the innkeeper **
[Sat Mar 1 22:19:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Stefan: come in
[Sat Mar 1 22:19:44 2003] : ** (1503) Stefan runs away **
[Sat Mar 1 22:20:35 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Muuh? What's that noise...?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:21:12 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar crawls downstairs looking pretty dreadful. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:21:40 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Breakfast is served, lady and gentlemen
[Sat Mar 1 22:21:50 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "bleah..."
[Sat Mar 1 22:22:07 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara finishes the chants and comes to eat **
[Sat Mar 1 22:22:19 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox is eleswhere **
[Sat Mar 1 22:22:38 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: You'd better eat something, A'Sadar
[Sat Mar 1 22:22:53 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um."
[Sat Mar 1 22:23:25 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar picks at his breakfast **
[Sat Mar 1 22:23:41 2003] : (1505) Chiara: is a hangover subdual damamge? :-) or ability damage? :_0
[Sat Mar 1 22:24:08 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc erg, hit Enter before editing there
[Sat Mar 1 22:24:24 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc that would require thinking about it.... bleah.
[Sat Mar 1 22:24:34 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Mar 1 22:24:45 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc LOL
[Sat Mar 1 22:24:57 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox wanders in **
[Sat Mar 1 22:26:05 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard eats a big breakfast **
[Sat Mar 1 22:26:07 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "hey looks like there is a temple in this village afterall. too lathander no less. looks pretty well looked after too. sign said they have servicres once every 5 weeks"
[Sat Mar 1 22:26:27 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox picks up some food and eats **
[Sat Mar 1 22:26:52 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Wha?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:27:49 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "temple. here. lathander. 5 weeks. services."
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:08 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "awake yet?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:13 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Oh, really, Xerox? I must go there as soon as I've finished my breakfast, to pay my respects to my brothers and sisters.
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:22 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "But? (pointing at Chiara) Why?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:27 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Mind if I tag along?
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:40 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "I'll stay here."
[Sat Mar 1 22:28:57 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: (looking confused)
[Sat Mar 1 22:29:21 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Yes, make sure you get enough rest before we set out again
[Sat Mar 1 22:29:21 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara finishes eating quickly **
[Sat Mar 1 22:29:22 2003] : (1506) Xerox: actually ask them when the last service was. they may think your the one due to do it. and if not well i suppose you could give them one as well.
[Sat Mar 1 22:29:40 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Rest? Bed? Sounds good..."
[Sat Mar 1 22:29:45 2003] : (1505) Chiara: You're welcome to come, Ironbeard. - Yes, that's true, Xerox
[Sat Mar 1 22:30:03 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar crawls back to bed. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:30:25 2003] : (1506) Xerox: I'll stay here for a while too themn I'm going to head out to check on wolf. are we likely to be leaving today? or are we going tomorrow?
[Sat Mar 1 22:31:00 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Not before lunch today, anyway :)
[Sat Mar 1 22:31:08 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I haven't had much practice at giving services, bt I know all the rituals well enough. It would be wrong of me to deprive these people just because of my own lack of experience in being the one out the front.
[Sat Mar 1 22:31:45 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara sets off towards the temple **
[Sat Mar 1 22:31:55 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard walks at her side **
[Sat Mar 1 22:32:14 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox finishes eating breakfast then heads out to find wolf **
[Sat Mar 1 22:32:29 2003] : (1503) DM: you spot people sneaking peaks out of their windows at you as you pass their houses
[Sat Mar 1 22:33:24 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara makes the sunrise gesture with her hands in response to seeing htem (like the sign of the cross for Lathanderites :-) ) **
[Sat Mar 1 22:33:33 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Why do they all keep staring at you?
[Sat Mar 1 22:34:21 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I don't really know. If they have a temple here, surely my brothers and sisters in Lathander's service aren't so uncommon a sight...
[Sat Mar 1 22:34:29 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard tries to act as if she's Chiara's bodyguard **
[Sat Mar 1 22:34:48 2003] : (1503) DM: the temple is at the centre of town
[Sat Mar 1 22:35:08 2003] : (1503) DM: probably the most impressive building in town tho that doesnt mean much
[Sat Mar 1 22:35:24 2003] : (1503) DM: as you approach the doors they swing open
[Sat Mar 1 22:35:58 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara hesitates but keeps going **
[Sat Mar 1 22:36:06 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard is getting a bit nervous by all of the attention **
[Sat Mar 1 22:36:19 2003] : (1503) DM: inside the temple is spotlessly clean
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:03 2003] : (1503) DM: a simple layout (think small church) with the symbol of lathander on the north wall (door is in south wall)
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:19 2003] : (1505) Chiara: do we see any people?
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:22 2003] : (1503) DM: none
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:42 2003] : (1505) Chiara: is there an altar?
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:49 2003] : (1503) DM: yes
[Sat Mar 1 22:37:58 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Anything strange at all about the temple
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:00 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ?
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:07 2003] : (1503) DM: nothing out of the ordinary
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:20 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara goes up to the altar, kneels and says a prayer **
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:44 2003] : (1503) DM: there's suddenly a lot of noise from the doorway
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:53 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard stays at the door, looking out at the houses **
[Sat Mar 1 22:38:58 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara spins on her knees **
[Sat Mar 1 22:39:10 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: What's this?
[Sat Mar 1 22:39:12 2003] : (1503) DM: It seems like all the townsfolk have turned up for a service
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:07 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar staggers out of bed again and follows all the people. **
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:10 2003] : (1503) DM: almost all of them are carrying pouches in front of them, some have other items, antiques, valuables. others lead animals.
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:18 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara stands up and goes behind the altar **
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:37 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Is there anything I can do to help?
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:39 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara isn't sure what to make of this **
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:45 2003] : (1503) DM: the people all walk thru the church to the alter and place their items on the floor in front of it
[Sat Mar 1 22:40:54 2003] : (1503) DM: then they take their seats
[Sat Mar 1 22:41:13 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar nudges a townperson **
[Sat Mar 1 22:41:24 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard walks over to Chiara, not passing the altar, just being close to her **
[Sat Mar 1 22:41:28 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "(whispering) What's supposed to happen?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:41:44 2003] : (1503) Townsperson: The priest of lathander will bless us
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:02 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um. Yeah. What's the deal with the animals and stuff?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:13 2003] : (1503) Townsperson: Our offerings
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:38 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Um. Okay. What's the blessing for? What's it supposed to do?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:39 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc A'sadar wern't you still in bed? ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:41 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: (whispering to A'Sadar) This gives me the creeps
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:53 2003] : (1503) Townsperson: um
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:53 2003] : (1505) Chiara: "Er, greetings to you, people of this town. I am Chiara, a servant of Lathander as you see. Is it your desire that I should say the rituals of the Morninglord for you?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:42:59 2003] : (1503) Townsperson: dont ask stupid questions
[Sat Mar 1 22:43:01 2003] : ** (1503) Townsperson walks on **
[Sat Mar 1 22:43:06 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc He got out when everyone went to the temple
[Sat Mar 1 22:43:11 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc I'm near the door BTW, You can't whisper to me Ironbeard.
[Sat Mar 1 22:43:23 2003] : (1503) DM: almost 100 people say "Yes"
[Sat Mar 1 22:43:28 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc My bad ;)
[Sat Mar 1 22:44:22 2003] : (1505) Chiara: "As my Lord decrees". /me begins the best-known ritual of Lathander. Presumably there are no books -do they know the responses or not?
[Sat Mar 1 22:44:34 2003] : (1503) DM: they know them perfectly
[Sat Mar 1 22:45:40 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard wonders if it's normal to sacrifice to Lathandar **
[Sat Mar 1 22:46:02 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara finishes the chant, after about 20 minutes and ends with "The blessings of the Morninglord upon all here." She comes from behind the altar and goes to walk out of the building **
[Sat Mar 1 22:46:37 2003] : (1503) DM: the townsfolk watch you leave and do not rise from their seats till you are outside
[Sat Mar 1 22:47:12 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc I stay inside near the doorway to see what they're up to next.
[Sat Mar 1 22:47:14 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard walks out with Chiara, keeping an eye out for the townsfolk **
[Sat Mar 1 22:47:28 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara walks a bit further and then turns to wait for the others **
[Sat Mar 1 22:47:33 2003] : (1503) DM: all the townsfolk get up, and slowly file out of the temple and return to thier homes
[Sat Mar 1 22:47:58 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara shakes her head **
[Sat Mar 1 22:48:11 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: I wander around the church looking for anything odd.
[Sat Mar 1 22:48:13 2003] : (1505) Chiara: "Well, I have never met with *that* response before..."
[Sat Mar 1 22:48:37 2003] : (1503) DM: nothing odd at all asadar, apart from the pile of loot and animals now in front of the altar
[Sat Mar 1 22:48:52 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Is it usual to sacrifice to Lathandar?
[Sat Mar 1 22:49:03 2003] : (1503) DM: nope
[Sat Mar 1 22:49:12 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: I go outside to the others.
[Sat Mar 1 22:49:14 2003] : (1503) DM: ooc at least not that i can remember
[Sat Mar 1 22:49:20 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "That was.... weird."
[Sat Mar 1 22:50:03 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Everyone coming out as we were going in, like they'd been waiting for you to come here
[Sat Mar 1 22:50:23 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "It's like mind control."
[Sat Mar 1 22:50:24 2003] : (1505) Chiara: What dd they expect me to do with those objects? I thought perhaps they wanted their special objects blessed, but they seem to have left them for me... as if I could carry even a part of them
[Sat Mar 1 22:50:53 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: As if you wanted them
[Sat Mar 1 22:51:06 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Maybe we should set a watch on the objects? See if anyone takes them?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:51:20 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc Grr. Why does Darvin have the CCTV...
[Sat Mar 1 22:51:41 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Do you think? Could it not simply be that they have waited a long time for a priest to come again? - Though I admit it was all very ..unnatural.
[Sat Mar 1 22:52:23 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: The innkeeper positively worshippes you
[Sat Mar 1 22:52:47 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox returns **
[Sat Mar 1 22:53:56 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Any news Xerox?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:54:10 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I'll stay in the temple for a while, to see if anything happens
[Sat Mar 1 22:54:36 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "hey guys, something seems odd here. I asked the guards when the last priest came through and it was only two weeks ago. and they all looked shocked when i asked them why they were so fawning to chiara."
[Sat Mar 1 22:55:39 2003] : (1505) Chiara: This is not right! Reverence is due to the gods and not to servants of the gods! What can be amiss?
[Sat Mar 1 22:55:44 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "for the level of fawning i was expecting far fewer visits by priests than almost monthly. what happened here?" indicates pile of stuff
[Sat Mar 1 22:55:47 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Shocked? Why?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:56:01 2003] : (1505) Chiara: They left it here, apparently an offering for me
[Sat Mar 1 22:56:34 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "what? how much in the way of donations usually come with a service for your church?
[Sat Mar 1 22:56:34 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "
[Sat Mar 1 22:57:57 2003] : (1505) Chiara: None, as a rule, except sometimes for bed and board. We serve the god, and trust him to maintain us; we do not ask for gifts from his people
[Sat Mar 1 22:58:18 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "I've got an idea, and not a particularly nice one. What if someone is using the trappings of the priesthood as a way of extrorting valuables from the people of the village?
[Sat Mar 1 22:58:31 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "If this wasn't such a poor place I'd suspect some mass compulsion to gain wealth."
[Sat Mar 1 22:58:45 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc great minds think alike :P
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:01 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: we'll have to find out if that's true or not
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:05 2003] : (1536) DM (enter): 22:59
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:06 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "probably by perverting the teachings of the religion somnewhat to make such donations almost compulsory?"
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:12 2003] : (1536) DM: bloody pc
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:39 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc *cough*7 days uptime and counting...
[Sat Mar 1 22:59:47 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: But where does all this come from it they make donations like these avery 5 weeks?
[Sat Mar 1 23:00:04 2003] : (1536) DM: Booting '(1503) DM'...
[Sat Mar 1 23:00:05 2003] : (1503) DM (exit): 23:00
[Sat Mar 1 23:00:38 2003] : (1505) Chiara: It certainly looks like it. I was thinking that sometimes the large temples ask for more money from their congregation, to maintain htier buildings and show the glory of the Lord Lathander in gems and gold. Even my sunrise symbol is set with small gems, though in his honour, not for my adornment. But here the money certainly isn't going into decorating the shrine.
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:02 2003] : (1536) DM: so what next
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:04 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: If it's true someone extorting the townsfolk, they're bleeding this town dry at an alarming rate
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:19 2003] : (1505) Chiara: That's a good question, Ironbeard....
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:20 2003] : (1536) DM: oh, still thinking :)
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:20 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "This is all a bit weird but is it something we'd like to get involved in?"
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:30 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "I'd like to be travelling again soon."
[Sat Mar 1 23:02:32 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Xerox, would you try to ding out what's happening here?
[Sat Mar 1 23:03:02 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: find (ding? where did that come form)
[Sat Mar 1 23:03:59 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "I might not be the best person as I've already asked some questions that would have put them on guard against me questioning them"
[Sat Mar 1 23:04:37 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I don't think they'll talk to me either
[Sat Mar 1 23:04:46 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Yes, it is something we want to, or at least, I *must*, whatever the actions of any of the rest of you may be. If someone is impoverishing Lathander's people and falsely using his name, his priest has no recourse but to pursue the matter before all else.
[Sat Mar 1 23:04:50 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: So who then, Chiara?
[Sat Mar 1 23:05:03 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Me, who else?
[Sat Mar 1 23:05:21 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: They would answer all her questions, I'm sure
[Sat Mar 1 23:06:23 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara decides to go back to the inn and talk to the innkeeper **
[Sat Mar 1 23:06:25 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "possibly but I'm sure they would be even more guarded with you particuarly as you'd seem to be contradicting what they've been taught!
[Sat Mar 1 23:06:30 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "*sigh* I guess this is a fairly obscure place. We can stay for a bit I guess."
[Sat Mar 1 23:07:15 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "but the town really isn't wealthy enough to support this level of donation as a part of normal events
[Sat Mar 1 23:08:08 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I'll remain at the temple for now, please tell me as soon as you find out anything
[Sat Mar 1 23:08:20 2003] : (1505) Chiara: have they the insight to be guarded? if they are being mind-controlled, surely I am Right, even if their minds threaten to snap from the effort of believing contradictions. but I will try not to force them to do that
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:04 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc DM, have I means to detect any magical compulsion on the townspeople?
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:06 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: You could ask them as if you're just checking up on them
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:13 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara returns to the inn **
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:13 2003] : (1506) Xerox: I'm not talking about mind control, but what they've been taught over some period of time
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:23 2003] : (1536) DM: ooc dunno, lol, probably
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:37 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc Detect magic?
[Sat Mar 1 23:09:47 2003] : (1536) DM: ooc yeah, why not
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:00 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox is going to sneak around town to see what theloacals are doing/talking aabout **
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:03 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar casts detect magic on the nearest available townsperson. **
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:12 2003] : (1506) Xerox: Skill Check: Hide [1d20+21] -> [20,21] = (41)
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:16 2003] : (1536) DM: everyone make an int roll
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:22 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox enters ghost mode ;-) **
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:26 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Int check: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:31 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:34 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:39 2003] : (1506) Xerox: Intelligence: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Sat Mar 1 23:10:49 2003] : ** (1536) DM goes looking for someone with a brain **
[Sat Mar 1 23:11:10 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc the cleverest character has the lowest roll. Not fair!
[Sat Mar 1 23:11:13 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: ooc /me feels like an idiot ;)
[Sat Mar 1 23:11:25 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: ooc hungover. That's my excuse.
[Sat Mar 1 23:11:40 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I wonder where all the children are
[Sat Mar 1 23:11:48 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Whatever is going on it's not a magical compulsion."
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:08 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Has anyone seen a person younger than Stefan since we got here?
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:18 2003] : (1536) DM: ooc no they havent
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:30 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Not that I recall
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:38 2003] : (1506) Xerox: no births for 16 years?
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:41 2003] : (1505) Chiara: *NO* children. That's very odd
[Sat Mar 1 23:12:47 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Oh my. You're right!"
[Sat Mar 1 23:13:26 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox has a baaad feeling about this **
[Sat Mar 1 23:13:37 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I'm definitely getting all the way to the inn this time
[Sat Mar 1 23:13:46 2003] : (1506) Xerox: ooc lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:13:53 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard shivers **
[Sat Mar 1 23:14:08 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara enters inn **
[Sat Mar 1 23:14:18 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar is tagging along **
[Sat Mar 1 23:14:26 2003] : (1536) DM: inn is empty
[Sat Mar 1 23:14:44 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara looks in the back room etc **
[Sat Mar 1 23:14:50 2003] : (1536) DM: noone there
[Sat Mar 1 23:15:14 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara goes out and knocks on the nearest house door **
[Sat Mar 1 23:15:37 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson answers door..."Milady?" **
[Sat Mar 1 23:15:47 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson kneels "Your blessing?" **
[Sat Mar 1 23:15:58 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson is male **
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:06 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Lathander's blessing upon you, friend. May I enter your house?
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:22 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: Of course milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:29 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara goes in **
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:39 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson leads Chiara in **
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:40 2003] : ** (1507) Ironbeard stays at the temple, feeling very apprehensive **
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:52 2003] : ** (1508) A'Sadar is hanging around the inn. **
[Sat Mar 1 23:16:54 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson has a little house, a bit run down, not much in the way of furniture **
[Sat Mar 1 23:17:18 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: How can I be of service milady?
[Sat Mar 1 23:17:36 2003] : (1505) Chiara: You all seem very faithful servants of the Lord Lathander in this town, friend
[Sat Mar 1 23:17:42 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: We try milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:17:48 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: We do our best
[Sat Mar 1 23:18:07 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Do you often see my brother and sister priests?
[Sat Mar 1 23:18:27 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: Once every five weeks normaly milady tho sometimes we get unexpected visits
[Sat Mar 1 23:19:27 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I suppose Lathander leads different priests to you, as he did me this day. Or perhaps he sends you one brother as a rule?
[Sat Mar 1 23:20:14 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: We know many priests of lathander, we rarely see the same one more than 3 or 4 times.
[Sat Mar 1 23:21:58 2003] : (1505) Chiara: And do they usually come equipped with the means to carry away such offerings as you made today? My Lord bade me come to serve you, but did not ask me to bring away your offerings, I knew not that he wished me to do so.
[Sat Mar 1 23:22:15 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: They travel by wagon milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:24:20 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I know not what to do with your faith-offering, I am not attached to a temple. Perhaps you know whence come these other priests? If you can give me a wagon and direct me to their temple, I may be able to carry out my Lord's wish in taking it there.
[Sat Mar 1 23:24:54 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: I do not know what you mean milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:05 2003] : (1505) Chiara: [1d100] -> [11] = (11)
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:06 2003] : (1505) Chiara: [1d20] -> [7] = (7)
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:09 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Do my brothers say nothing of where they have been before coming to you?
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:19 2003] : (1505) Chiara: ooc ignore those rolls, my mouse slipped
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:25 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: Nothing Milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:26:58 2003] : (1505) Chiara: and how long have these priests been coming?
[Sat Mar 1 23:27:16 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: 4 years now milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:27:45 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: [1d20-5] -> [9,-5] = (4)
[Sat Mar 1 23:29:01 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I see. Well, I must leave your offering where it was laid, in the temple, for I have no means to convey it where my Lord may wish. Perhaps he might guide me further in due time.
[Sat Mar 1 23:29:13 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Sat Mar 1 23:29:14 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: SUrely he will milady
[Sat Mar 1 23:29:19 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Sat Mar 1 23:29:36 2003] : (1536) Townsperson: [1d20-3] -> [7,-3] = (4)
[Sat Mar 1 23:30:26 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Thank you, friend, I will go now
[Sat Mar 1 23:30:44 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara leaves the house **
[Sat Mar 1 23:31:10 2003] : ** (1536) Townsperson closes the door quickly **
[Sat Mar 1 23:31:25 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara goes to find the others **
[Sat Mar 1 23:31:56 2003] : (1536) DM: IB is at the temple, you dont know where the other 2 are
[Sat Mar 1 23:32:04 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara goes to temple **
[Sat Mar 1 23:33:01 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: What did you find out?
[Sat Mar 1 23:34:09 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Well.... priests come here every five weeks with additional unexpected visits. They come in wagons, they don't say where they have come from, they take away the offering. The people never see the same priest more than three or four times.
[Sat Mar 1 23:34:36 2003] : (1505) Chiara: They've been coming for about 4 years
[Sat Mar 1 23:35:01 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Did you find out from what direction they come? And from what distance?
[Sat Mar 1 23:35:36 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: They should be able to determine the distance by the condition of the horses
[Sat Mar 1 23:37:40 2003] : (1505) Chiara: No, I didn't think to ask; it was really very disconcerting being gazed upon as if a holy statue. If you can think of anything else we might need to know, I will go and find someone else and ask him. Oh, and I didn't think to ask about their children, either... it really is very unsettling to be revered in such a way.
[Sat Mar 1 23:38:46 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: It's creepy alright
[Sat Mar 1 23:39:03 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox rematerialises **
[Sat Mar 1 23:39:38 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Besides, I was trying to speak as if I just happened to have missed the last briefing, as it were; to hear a preist say "So why are you so sure there even *are* such things as gods?" might be somewhat distressing...
[Sat Mar 1 23:39:42 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "well everything 'looks' normal apart from the lack of children"
[Sat Mar 1 23:40:07 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: And apart of the offerings
[Sat Mar 1 23:40:15 2003] : (1505) Chiara: Ironbeard is helping me think of things I should have said, Xerox. :-) Can you think of anything?
[Sat Mar 1 23:40:37 2003] : ** (1505) Chiara narrates the results of the conversation again **
[Sat Mar 1 23:41:17 2003] : (1506) Xerox: "not really. it does sound like a scam going on though"
[Sat Mar 1 23:42:01 2003] : (1505) Chiara: perhaps we should wait until the next priest comes, and see what he does and where he goes
[Sat Mar 1 23:42:17 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: And it their is a connection between the priests and the lack of children it gets even more sinister
[Sat Mar 1 23:42:36 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: there, not their
[Sat Mar 1 23:43:25 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: I walk back to the chuch. Is everyone else there?
[Sat Mar 1 23:43:41 2003] : ** (1536) Stefan is walking right next to A'sadar **
[Sat Mar 1 23:44:40 2003] : (1536) Stefan: ooc i believe everyone is there
[Sat Mar 1 23:44:50 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: "Hello? Anyone in here?"
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:01 2003] : (1536) Stefan: GAME STOP for tonight
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:08 2003] : (1509) Cel: :O
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:27 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Already? :(
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:32 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Awesome session Darren! Brilliant!
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:35 2003] : ** (1506) Xerox is confused at what's going on now **
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:38 2003] : (1536) Stefan: When I am full I can point the way. When I am empty nothing moves me. I have two skins, one within and one without. What am I?
[Sat Mar 1 23:45:50 2003] : (1505) Chiara: That was great. :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:01 2003] : (1536) Darren: well???
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:08 2003] : (1536) Darren: come on david....gimme the answer
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:12 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Still thinking
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:14 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: I dunno
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:19 2003] : (1536) Darren: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:25 2003] : (1536) Darren: thats what i thought david....i was wrong
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:30 2003] : (1505) Chiara: we need Henry, this is his forte
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:36 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sat Mar 1 23:46:54 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Windsock?
[Sat Mar 1 23:47:07 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sat Mar 1 23:47:48 2003] : (1536) Darren: you lot aint much help :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:47:49 2003] : (1509) Cel: Well? What is it?
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:00 2003] : (1536) Darren: I dont know, lol, I wouldnt need to ask if I knew :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:04 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:09 2003] : (1509) Cel: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:30 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Still thinking
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:35 2003] : (1536) Darren: stupid question
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:37 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I was thinking Compass, but I can't make it fit
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:41 2003] : (1536) Darren: :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:44 2003] : (1536) Darren: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:47 2003] : (1536) Darren: i know arian
[Sat Mar 1 23:48:58 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL, I rejected that one as well
[Sat Mar 1 23:49:20 2003] : (1536) Darren: and were u lot asleep a lot tonight or something?? or were you thinking??
[Sat Mar 1 23:49:30 2003] : (1506) Xerox (exit): 23:49
[Sat Mar 1 23:49:36 2003] : (1505) Chiara: full of what? does it float when it's full?
[Sat Mar 1 23:49:44 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: asleep?
[Sat Mar 1 23:49:54 2003] : (1536) Darren: dunno arian
[Sat Mar 1 23:50:10 2003] : (1536) Darren: stupid americans asking stupid riddles of me at almost bloody midnight!!!!
[Sat Mar 1 23:50:21 2003] : (1505) Chiara: hey, I did loads of typing! and had great fun too, that's the best session I've been at for dunno-how-long. A plot based round my character and *no fighting at all*, LOL
[Sat Mar 1 23:50:28 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Ignore them ;)
[Sat Mar 1 23:50:41 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Yeah. /me is a awe of Darren's DMing.
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:00 2003] : (1536) Darren: i did enjoy tonight :)
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:01 2003] : (1509) Cel: So why stop already????
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:12 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: A great session, even without confronting that dragon
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:28 2003] : (1536) Darren: cos I'm almost completely knackered.....bloody suzi turned up this morning early and woke me
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:39 2003] : (1509) Cel: Awwwww :( lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:47 2003] : (1505) Chiara: yep, that would have spoilt it, unless we could have got past by the use of sneaky conversation ;-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:51 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: np Darren. It was a good place to stop anyway.
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:52 2003] : (1536) Darren: she whinged that i hadnt put the iron away
[Sat Mar 1 23:51:53 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Awww, poor Darren :(
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:01 2003] : (1509) Cel: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:12 2003] : (1536) Darren: the dragon was only having a snack, nothing to be scared of :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:37 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: And about to move onto the main course: Adventurers?
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:38 2003] : (1505) Chiara: so why were you so keen to get us to go past it then?
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:46 2003] : (1509) Cel: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:52:48 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:14 2003] : (1509) Cel: It was white, surely it must be friendly :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:28 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: White dragons are evil.
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:34 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: i think
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:37 2003] : (1536) Darren: well, If you'd have gone to fight it I would have changed the town adventure to be more combat orientated, if you went around I made it more for thinkers
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:51 2003] : (1536) Darren: dont be speciesist david
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:55 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:53:56 2003] : (1509) Cel: lol
[Sat Mar 1 23:54:13 2003] : (1505) Chiara: yay, we made the right choice after all :-) :-D
[Sat Mar 1 23:54:43 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sat Mar 1 23:54:48 2003] : (1505) Chiara: I know I'm biased but i don't care if we never fight *anything* :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:01 2003] : (1508) A'Sadar: Back to chat then?
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:11 2003] : (1509) Cel: Sure :)
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:23 2003] : (1536) Darren: not for me, I'm knackered, just gonna chill
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:28 2003] : (1509) Cel: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:28 2003] : (1509) Cel: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:28 2003] : (1509) Cel (exit): 23:55
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:42 2003] : (1505) Chiara: besides I need a better sling. Three attacks I can make with a rapid reload sling (masterwork) and only one with a light X-bow +2, the great Dilemma
[Sat Mar 1 23:55:57 2003] : (1505) Chiara: drat, the DM missed me saying that :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:56:08 2003] : (1536) Darren: :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:56:11 2003] : (1536) Darren: didnt :P
[Sat Mar 1 23:56:22 2003] : (1505) Chiara: oh, no, my mistake, he didn't :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:57:37 2003] : (1505) Chiara: besides, I've noticed that I shouldn't use a shield w a X-bow but I keep reporting my AC as if I'm using it. so I need a better sling, definitely :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:57:56 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Darren: a glove (according to my Google search)
[Sat Mar 1 23:58:09 2003] : (1536) Darren: a glove, cool
[Sat Mar 1 23:58:21 2003] : (1505) Chiara: *grin* yahoo, IB! :-)
[Sat Mar 1 23:58:38 2003] : (1536) Darren: thanks H :)
[Sat Mar 1 23:58:49 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: You're welcome
[Sat Mar 1 23:58:52 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: I
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:02 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: 'm off to the chat now
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:05 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:05 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:06 2003] : (1507) Ironbeard (exit): 23:59
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:16 2003] : (1505) Chiara: me too
[Sat Mar 1 23:59:19 2003] : Disconnecting from server...