Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / played - 11 January 2003

[Sat Jan 11 21:05:54 2003] : (1222) DM: GAME START
[Sat Jan 11 21:06:05 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is sitting in the corner with an ale **
[Sat Jan 11 21:06:23 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar is sitting in the corner nursing blisters. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:06:33 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle danders in **
[Sat Jan 11 21:06:42 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what happened to you, mage?
[Sat Jan 11 21:06:44 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya is sitting at a table looking at her new dagger **
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:03 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath idly fingers sword hilt **
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:20 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Ark, we have a dagger for you somewhere."
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:20 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard drinks her beer, glad to relax for a moment **
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:25 2003] : (1223) Cayle: hey Sil'anya, Like the face
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:34 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara looks to see if anyone is still hurt or anything **
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:37 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar looks around **
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:39 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: a dagger is not a warrior's weapon!
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:46 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Thank you Cayle, think I'm getting used to it myself by now :)
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:47 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Anyone seen Ark's dagger?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:07:56 2003] : (1223) Cayle: ooc oo-er
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:03 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And Chiara's?
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Ark, you can use it for peeling apples or something."
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:14 2003] : (1223) Cayle: did I get one?
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:14 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Errrr....
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:15 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Or shaving?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:26 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc elves don't shave
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:32 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We all got one
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:42 2003] : (1223) Cayle: cool.
[Sat Jan 11 21:08:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: hah, I shall carry it by my side...
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: an extra blade can still be an advantage if your enemy does not know it is there
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:20 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And that's a fact, my friend
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:26 2003] : (1223) Cayle: actually Ark, I may have just the weapon for you
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: oh?
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:38 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what is that, my friend?
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:52 2003] : (1225) Chiara: (retcon Chiara clearly went trancelike while getting wiser and doesn't remember anything for a while after she asked :-) )
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:52 2003] : (1223) Cayle: meet.... Arturo Orcsbane
[Sat Jan 11 21:09:58 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Trying to get rid of him Cayle?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:06 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: this blade is too short!
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:07 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc dagger of defiance, +1, immune to fear and compulsions, +3saves vs enchantment
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:24 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: a true warrior does not need a blade shorter than his arm...
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:27 2003] : (1223) Cayle: he's a little too.... eager for my liking
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:50 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Chiara, I still happen to have a ring that might help you, do you want it? Ring of force shield (+2 AC, activated/deactivated at will)
[Sat Jan 11 21:10:51 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: lol
[Sat Jan 11 21:11:19 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc does dagger use STR to hit?
[Sat Jan 11 21:11:29 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Um. Ironbeard A'Sadar has that ring.
[Sat Jan 11 21:11:41 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc someone wanna update the absentee's on the quest
[Sat Jan 11 21:11:51 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc of course ark
[Sat Jan 11 21:11:55 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc ta
[Sat Jan 11 21:12:06 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I am rarely injured, Ironbeard, my Lord protects me - as does my rather expensive armour :-) Let A'Sadar keep it if he has need
[Sat Jan 11 21:12:35 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc I re-read the log today, and I thought I still had it, sorry
[Sat Jan 11 21:12:46 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: do you rely on your god's protection?
[Sat Jan 11 21:13:30 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc brb. Putting pizza in oven
[Sat Jan 11 21:13:44 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc OK, hurry up
[Sat Jan 11 21:14:44 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I think that the gods are loath to aid the criminally foolhardy, Arkannath, hence this metal suit of mine. Still, it is true that I rarely take injury. I believe that Lathander's favour is a part of that
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:30 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc back
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:36 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:38 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ah, that is not too far from the views of... my people... *looks pained*. The gods will only aid those worthy of it.
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:54 2003] : (1223) Cayle: ooc brb
[Sat Jan 11 21:15:55 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "And you are worthy Ark."
[Sat Jan 11 21:16:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: As we all know :)
[Sat Jan 11 21:16:21 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Perhaps Lathander preserves me to aid others. I am no use to them if I am myself lying facedown in agony
[Sat Jan 11 21:16:46 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: if I were worthy, my people would be avenged. I must only assume that I must yet prove myself.
[Sat Jan 11 21:16:58 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: That is one of the reasons I asked for healing powers, actually, so I can help you as well if needed
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:02 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath drinks heavily **
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:18 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath drinks deeply **
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:21 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard sits down besides Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:28 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc that should be 'sighs heavily'
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:38 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara looks at Ironbeard and thinks for a minute **
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: No need to drink that fast, friend, there is more where that came from
[Sat Jan 11 21:17:51 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: hah, that is true
[Sat Jan 11 21:18:07 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but I must do something while we are forced into idleness
[Sat Jan 11 21:18:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Besides, drink tastes better when relished
[Sat Jan 11 21:18:33 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar spoons some relish into Ironbeards drink :P **
[Sat Jan 11 21:19:05 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: If you are drunk or have a hang-over you're of little use to us, so I'd prefer it if you went easy on it
[Sat Jan 11 21:19:22 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath leaps to feet and bows **
[Sat Jan 11 21:19:25 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Ah, did you see my reaction to your request, Ironbeard? I meant not to show it. I sometimes wonder if this is the best place for me to be at this time - if there is not someone elsewhere who suffers for the lack of me, given that you all all seem so strong and capable of looking out for yourselves
[Sat Jan 11 21:19:38 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: of what use can I be now, fair lady?
[Sat Jan 11 21:20:05 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We are strong yes, but still mortal, we do need the services of a healer and I loathe to lose friends
[Sat Jan 11 21:20:11 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc note to self: type shorter comments
[Sat Jan 11 21:20:28 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle is cleaning his fingernails with the 'dragon-dagger' **
[Sat Jan 11 21:20:59 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Deer friend, let'still spend the rest off this day to talk, we have new friends who don't know us as well as we know eachother
[Sat Jan 11 21:21:10 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *to Chiara* there are others you could help. You can also help us, and we can, I hope, help you. We are capable, but still vulnerable, and I have come to respect you.
[Sat Jan 11 21:21:17 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Might try shorter sentences as well
[Sat Jan 11 21:21:20 2003] : (1223) Cayle: barkeep, a pint of your finest please
[Sat Jan 11 21:21:46 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Dear friend, of course, not deer
[Sat Jan 11 21:22:01 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya puts her dagger away and approaches Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 21:22:10 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath looks up **
[Sat Jan 11 21:22:19 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara looks a little surprised at Ironbeard's comment **
[Sat Jan 11 21:22:22 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: a face I do not know... and you are?
[Sat Jan 11 21:22:27 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle walks over to A'Sadar **
[Sat Jan 11 21:23:02 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath has his hands on the table, but sword within reach **
[Sat Jan 11 21:23:08 2003] : (1223) Cayle: so friend, how do you feel without your 'companion'
[Sat Jan 11 21:23:21 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "What? Who?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:23:45 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: I do believe Arkannath, that you will be able yo avenge your people in the future... For now you will be a big help in avenging the misfortune of A'Sadar who saw his dream crumble
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:08 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: I believe we have a Fzoul to ask a few questions?
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:08 2003] : (1223) Cayle: the demon, you twit
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:25 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I will help the mage. He is, after all, one of the oldest friends I have.
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:39 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard looks at Cayle, surprised by his name-calling **
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:45 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: The only others I have known so long are Ironbeard and Xerox
[Sat Jan 11 21:24:54 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Some slaves to free too I believe?
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: slaves?
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:04 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Oh... It's...wonderful...like a shadown lifted off of me."
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:11 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath suddenly pays more attentino **
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:30 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And you know I'll help you with your revenge would you wish so, Arkannath
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:42 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I trust my friends.
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:50 2003] : (1223) Cayle: sounds about right. I certainly feel more confident today
[Sat Jan 11 21:25:50 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: that is why I am slow to make friends.
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:00 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard smiles at Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:03 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: If there are any at all Arkannath, but we should look into it
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:04 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I am not very used to being considered a friend by anyone, I suppose.
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:20 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: why not, Chiara?
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:36 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: surely everyone has some friends in their home?
[Sat Jan 11 21:26:47 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We've fought side by side, you helped us do good, I do consider you a friend, Chiara
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:02 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar looks about to say something and then doesn't. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:08 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: after all, the tribe cannot function if its members war with each other
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:17 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle interjects into the conversation **
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:18 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya smiles at A'Sadar **
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:28 2003] : (1223) Cayle: not all of us have a home, Ark
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:43 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Are we ready to go?
[Sat Jan 11 21:27:49 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *angrily* don't remind me!
[Sat Jan 11 21:28:11 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And some of us prefer never to return to their home
[Sat Jan 11 21:28:12 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *more soflty* Surely everyone has a home at least once?
[Sat Jan 11 21:28:32 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Service of others is my purpose, and my reason, and my delight for that matter; but to be useful is occasionally to feel a little ... utilitarian. Valued for my uses, not wanted otherwise
[Sat Jan 11 21:28:44 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Home doesn't mean happiness Ark."
[Sat Jan 11 21:29:00 2003] : (1223) Cayle: the last time I saw the only home I ever knew, it was being destroyed by... something
[Sat Jan 11 21:29:09 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: not necessarily, mage, but it should mean friends.
[Sat Jan 11 21:29:20 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *to Cayle* by what? tell me...
[Sat Jan 11 21:29:32 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Friends! Slaves to free? Doesn't it mean anything to you?
[Sat Jan 11 21:29:51 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "In which case. Home is the open road, inumerable dangers and fearful foes."
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I'm sorry if I might have let it sound like your only value lies in what you do for us, that was not my intention, I do like you, but I don't know you very well
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:07 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Unfortunatly. *Sigh""
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:18 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: aye, we should act... but my shield grows heavy, and my sword grows slow
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:25 2003] : (1223) Cayle: flying demons of some sort. We left quickly
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:41 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: how many survived?
[Sat Jan 11 21:30:55 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I had a home before I grew old enough to feel the injustice of how my family lived ... not afterwards. I have been only 'Chiara of Lathander' from my mid-teens.
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:06 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We don't know, we didn't stay long enough to count them
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:06 2003] : (1223) Cayle: I dont know. We have since changed planes
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:11 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya mumbles to herself "Well maybe if you stayed a bit low on the drinking..." **
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:38 2003] : (1223) Cayle: I dont know if I will ever find home
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:52 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What injustice, Chiara?
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:53 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *to Chiara* out of use comes toleration, toleration grows trust, and then comes friendship. I am beginning to trust you.
[Sat Jan 11 21:31:53 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar flicks a pea at Sil'anya. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:32:05 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: * to Cayle* I will never find home again.
[Sat Jan 11 21:32:20 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya glares at A'Sadar **
[Sat Jan 11 21:32:35 2003] : (1223) Cayle: really? what is your story?
[Sat Jan 11 21:32:48 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard smiles at Sil'anya **
[Sat Jan 11 21:33:32 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle sips his ale **
[Sat Jan 11 21:33:33 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya is not smiling back **
[Sat Jan 11 21:33:39 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I was on my Trial. I was to prove myself as a warrior of the Clan Eskriador. I had to survive for a monh in the wilderness, with just a sword and bow.
[Sat Jan 11 21:33:54 2003] : (1225) Chiara: if I ever seem indifferent to material gain while we are travelling, it is partly my training as a priest, but much influenced also by the little good that riches ever did my family. To use it for the relief of others is a ... doubly-enforced impulse
[Sat Jan 11 21:34:26 2003] : (1223) Cayle: tough trial
[Sat Jan 11 21:34:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: As I returned, I found my tribe's settlement burning. The warriors were slain, the women taken.
[Sat Jan 11 21:34:46 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: How dreadful
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:04 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: As I watched, my friend Shulgar charged towards the figure leading the attack. He was slain
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:20 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I should have fallen at his side, but I... I was AFRAID!
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:25 2003] : (1223) Cayle: the attackers were still there?
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:46 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: And... *sobs* Relessa... was killed. As an 'example'.
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:51 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Somewhere people are peing held in slavery! Somewhere this Fzoul guy is hiding his true intentions for us and at the temple someone is giving different answers to the same question, and all you people want to do is sit around and chit chat?
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:58 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: There is no shame in fear, only fools are never afraid
[Sat Jan 11 21:35:59 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: aye, I arrived as they were firing the camp.
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:08 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: I'm sorry, maybe I should have stayed with Muystra after all...
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:13 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya heads for the door **
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:13 2003] : (1223) Cayle: Ironbeard is quite right
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:15 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "You're right Sil'anya."
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:26 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Let's get the horse ready."
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:32 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: paralysing fear is not to be allowed. I should have done SOMEThing!
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:35 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We need some answers from the Fzoul guy."
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:43 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar looks determined. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:46 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath buries his head in his hands **
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:53 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya sits down against the wall outside the inn **
[Sat Jan 11 21:36:57 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What could you have done except rush to your own death?
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:05 2003] : (1223) Cayle: you did. You lived to avenge their deaths
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:09 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I could have harried them from a distance.
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:19 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: With one bow?
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:27 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: one arrow to one corpse, and I could have halved their number
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: One blade, and I should have used it.
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:46 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Before dieing yourself
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:50 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but I was afraid.
[Sat Jan 11 21:37:59 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar helps Sil'anya with the horses. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:38:09 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: honourable death is preferable.
[Sat Jan 11 21:38:15 2003] : (1223) Cayle: half is nothing
[Sat Jan 11 21:38:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Preferable to revenge?
[Sat Jan 11 21:38:34 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Thank you A'Sadar, at least someone is listening... I'm sorry I got so upset
[Sat Jan 11 21:38:49 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: preferable to cowardice
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:07 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard looks closely at Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:13 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I see no cowards here
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:25 2003] : (1223) Cayle: rushing to certain death is not honourable
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:27 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: (sticking his round the door). "Hey, are you lot coming? Or do I have to do it all myself?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Coming
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:44 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya smiles at A'Sadar **
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:47 2003] : (1223) Cayle: "he who ffights and runs away, lives to fight another day"
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I am Quel'Hardraan, without honour. I can live only for vengeance. If I achieve it, I may call myself a man.
[Sat Jan 11 21:39:59 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Let's go, the others are getting restless
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:12 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath sighs, gathers sword and shield, and finishes his drink. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:14 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And you will have it. Might I help you?
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:30 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: let's go. This gets you nowhere, friends.
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:30 2003] : ** (1223) Cayle downs his ale, grabs his kit and heads for the door **
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:31 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc I said this conversation should be held out of game-time - now I *really* feel like a lowlife :-( :-(
[Sat Jan 11 21:40:54 2003] : (1223) Cayle: ooc Cayle wanted a beer
[Sat Jan 11 21:41:04 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Why a lowlife?
[Sat Jan 11 21:41:06 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc Ark wanted some angst
[Sat Jan 11 21:41:20 2003] : (1223) Cayle: ooc someone wake Darren up?
[Sat Jan 11 21:41:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc /me slaps the DM
[Sat Jan 11 21:41:33 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc And IB always wants to give advice ;)
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:03 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc awake :P
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:07 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard goes out to meet up with the others **
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:13 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc on count of three: one, two, three: OI, DM!
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:18 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:22 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath goes to the stables **
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:51 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc xerox has the party treasure doesnt he??? ;)
[Sat Jan 11 21:42:58 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc yeah
[Sat Jan 11 21:43:22 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc All of it? Or do I still have my share. I get confused
[Sat Jan 11 21:43:30 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc he has it all i think
[Sat Jan 11 21:43:33 2003] : (1222) DM: anyway.....
[Sat Jan 11 21:43:40 2003] : (1222) DM: setting out on the road north?
[Sat Jan 11 21:43:49 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Yep
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:01 2003] : (1222) DM: ok
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:21 2003] : (1223) Cayle: brb, OpenRPG is playing up
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:26 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath takes the rearguard, bow ready **
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:27 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: *clip, clop*
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:28 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc OK
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:32 2003] : (1223) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:33 2003] : (1223) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:33 2003] : (1223) Cayle (exit): 21:44
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:37 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard takes the front **
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:40 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar rides alongside Ark **
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:47 2003] : (1222) DM: you leave waterdeep behind and start north. everything is quite peaceful, maybe the lands are well protected, or maybe the sight of 6 adventurers who 'seem' to know what they are doing is putting the nasty monsters off attacking
[Sat Jan 11 21:44:47 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya clip clops along too :P **
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:08 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc seem? We know!
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:09 2003] : (1233) Cayle (enter): 21:45
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:14 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:27 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc what happened to the big hole in the floor at the Jade Dancer? (see Session One, ages ago)
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:44 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc The hole was in a different inn.
[Sat Jan 11 21:45:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc OK
[Sat Jan 11 21:46:22 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc The Jade Dancer had a jade dancer ;)
[Sat Jan 11 21:46:35 2003] : (1222) DM: your trip takes a couple of weeks of non exciting travel, past luskan and silverymoon until you ride up a hill and see before you the icewind dale
[Sat Jan 11 21:46:54 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Brr. It's darn cold here."
[Sat Jan 11 21:47:08 2003] : (1233) Cayle: very picturesque
[Sat Jan 11 21:47:10 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Where are my warm clothes?
[Sat Jan 11 21:47:11 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya has luckily changed to her cold weather outfit :P **
[Sat Jan 11 21:47:58 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is still comfortable in fur undershirt and breastplate **
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:13 2003] : (1222) DM: the wind id blowing and it is VERY cold
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:21 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard changer her clothing (fast) ;) **
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:28 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:39 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar dreams of fireballs and Akannazar's Scorchers. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:40 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle thinks about having a pee, but decides against it **
[Sat Jan 11 21:48:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: may we visit the shops, please, friends? This armour is hampering my movement... A decent suit of leather would serve better.
[Sat Jan 11 21:49:14 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Scry Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Sat Jan 11 21:49:20 2003] : ** No match found
[Sat Jan 11 21:49:58 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Weird. I feel as though someone is watching us.
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: where?
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:15 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar shifts unfcomfortably. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:17 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Like who and where?
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:17 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya looks around her... **
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:18 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle looks around warily **
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:21 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath nocks an arrow **
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:24 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I don't know. They're using magic."
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:34 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: accursed mages!
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: How far away?
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:41 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We should be cautious. Our approach is know."
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:44 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: known
[Sat Jan 11 21:50:58 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Well maybe we should get away from here then, not hang around too long
[Sat Jan 11 21:51:35 2003] : (1222) DM: ythe area that the slavers are working from is about 2 days further north
[Sat Jan 11 21:51:41 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: if our approach is known, we should have a pretext.
[Sat Jan 11 21:51:47 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: If our approach is known, we have no reason to hide ourselves
[Sat Jan 11 21:52:06 2003] : (1233) Cayle: lets head for the town. Maybe we can find a warm hostelry
[Sat Jan 11 21:52:19 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I will be searching for other tribes of Clan Eskriador
[Sat Jan 11 21:52:50 2003] : (1222) DM: there is no town in this area
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:10 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Could there be other tribes here?
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:18 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc oh, i thought there was. sorry
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:27 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I think we should set up a camp closer to the slavers and scout around."
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:37 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: yes, the Clan reaches far.
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:53 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Maybe I can hide the scouts from the scryers. I don't know though. Not something I've done before."
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:53 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: or did, I do not know how widespread the attack was.
[Sat Jan 11 21:53:57 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar looks worried. **
[Sat Jan 11 21:54:20 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Do what you can then, every little birt helps
[Sat Jan 11 21:54:36 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we should light a fire, in order to keep warm.
[Sat Jan 11 21:54:40 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc maybe you'd better assume you were at the other shops, Ark (after all, where else would you have been?) and teleport in your leather :-)
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:05 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: the beasts around here will not attack six of us by a fire...
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc probably a good idea
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:29 2003] : (1222) DM: travelling into the dale?
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:38 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Onwards?"
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:42 2003] : (1222) DM: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
[Sat Jan 11 21:55:45 2003] : (1233) Cayle: It's not dumb animals I'm concerned about
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:00 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc DM: how much for studded leather +2?
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:01 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: No, we can manage those easily
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:03 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya continues forth **
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:15 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath follows **
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:26 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc I hate it when he throws un-announced rolls
[Sat Jan 11 21:56:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: the beasts around here are adapted for survival. They are not as weak as those to the south.
[Sat Jan 11 21:57:06 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc 4175
[Sat Jan 11 21:57:20 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We are too far to set up a camp. We should continue onwards. Even though I do not like it."
[Sat Jan 11 21:57:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc how much from selling a shadow breastplate +1?
[Sat Jan 11 21:57:38 2003] : (1222) DM: you travel on thru the morning, its gets colder the further north u go
[Sat Jan 11 21:57:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Very well, onwards
[Sat Jan 11 21:58:00 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc 4350
[Sat Jan 11 21:58:04 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath keeps bow ready, and constantly scans the horizon **
[Sat Jan 11 21:58:13 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: to group
[Sat Jan 11 21:58:28 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard always has her weapon ready **
[Sat Jan 11 21:58:51 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: sorry! to group: does anyone wish to keep this armour of mine? It aids the wearer to hide in shadows, but is heavier than I prefer.
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:08 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc who'd wearing cold weather clothing?
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:13 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Might it be something for Cayle?
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:16 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc me
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:18 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc I am
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:21 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Keep your stinky ironmongery to yourself Ark!"
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc I am
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:24 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc I am.
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:30 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc me
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:31 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc yep
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:44 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc stinky???
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:50 2003] : (1233) Cayle: no thanks Ark. I've got my own leather suff
[Sat Jan 11 21:59:57 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc stuff
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:02 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then should we sell it, friends?
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc DM: how much for studded leather +3?
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:15 2003] : (1225) Chiara: and I'm wearing heavy mettal already :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc /me gets greedy
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:18 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: At the earliest opportunity
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:30 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc /me looks around for a 'Fast-Show' style merchant
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:38 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:43 2003] : (1222) DM: ooc 9175
[Sat Jan 11 22:00:58 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Not again, please, not that again!
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:18 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then I will take the +2 leather and sell the breastplate. (This all took place in Waterdeep!)
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:25 2003] : (1222) DM: the wind picks up futher near midday
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:28 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we can add 175 gp to party treasure
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:28 2003] : (1222) DM: it gets colder
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:30 2003] : (1222) DM: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:44 2003] : (1222) DM: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 22:01:57 2003] : (1222) DM: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 22:02:37 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Make a note of it so we can tell our treasuror next week
[Sat Jan 11 22:02:37 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Geez, It's cold enough to freeze balls of a brass... *polar bear*"/
[Sat Jan 11 22:02:40 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc what temperature is it?
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:02 2003] : (1222) DM: [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:07 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I am used to these conditions, friends... but I doubt our horses are.
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:12 2003] : (1222) DM: [2d8+12] -> [6,8,12] = (26)
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:18 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc sub-zero?
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:18 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc is he weighting those dice?
[Sat Jan 11 22:03:57 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Of course he is ;)
[Sat Jan 11 22:04:04 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc we are warm, yes? the rings
[Sat Jan 11 22:04:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc yeah, good point :-D
[Sat Jan 11 22:04:22 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Almost forgot them
[Sat Jan 11 22:04:28 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc brb, getting pizza
[Sat Jan 11 22:04:32 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc what rings?
[Sat Jan 11 22:05:01 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc yeah, what rings?
[Sat Jan 11 22:05:26 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc we all have Rings of Warmth, no? I have one, didn't we get one each?
[Sat Jan 11 22:05:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Yes, we did
[Sat Jan 11 22:05:45 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc from who?
[Sat Jan 11 22:05:48 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc when?
[Sat Jan 11 22:06:12 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc before going underwater, was it?
[Sat Jan 11 22:06:31 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar checks fingers. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:06:42 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Oh, *That* ring."
[Sat Jan 11 22:06:43 2003] : (1222) DM (exit): 22:06
[Sat Jan 11 22:06:44 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: On the boat, from Mirt
[Sat Jan 11 22:07:12 2003] : (1237) Darvin (enter): 22:07
[Sat Jan 11 22:07:19 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc I remember, because I said my ring of Water Walking might be counterproductive and replaced it with the Warmth ring :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:07:21 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc wb Darren
[Sat Jan 11 22:07:24 2003] : (1237) Darvin: ooc what was your roll silanya?
[Sat Jan 11 22:08:27 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:11 2003] : (1237) Darvin: A Huge blue/white worm with dozens of insectoid legs, faceted eyes and a wide mouth brimming with jagged teeth launches itself out of the snow just in front of sil'anya and its jaws clamp down on her horse. SIl'anya is thrown clear and the creature throws back its head and swallows the horse whole.
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:27 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:31 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What is that?
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:34 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:36 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: attempt to identify the thing
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:38 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc shit!
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:41 2003] : (1237) Darvin: initiative
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:46 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:46 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: My horse!
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:51 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Initiative Sil'anya:: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:51 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:56 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Improved Initiative IB: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Sat Jan 11 22:09:57 2003] : (1225) Chiara: in-character: Lathander!
[Sat Jan 11 22:10:02 2003] : (1237) Darvin: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 22:10:10 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 22:10:18 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya gets crossbow ready **
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:02 2003] : (1237) DM: Sil'anya...your out of it for this round, you landed heavily and need to pick yourself up
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:11 2003] : (1237) Worm: cayle?
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:21 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Masterwork Shortbow (base): [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:28 2003] : (1237) Worm: miss
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:29 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya is trying to pick herself up ;) **
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:31 2003] : (1237) Worm: IB?
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (base): [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (second): [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:49 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (base): [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:49 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (second): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Sat Jan 11 22:11:57 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: First 3
[Sat Jan 11 22:12:19 2003] : (1237) Worm: 2 hits.....the arrows burst into flame as they connect with its body
[Sat Jan 11 22:12:25 2003] : (1237) Worm: ooc still do damage
[Sat Jan 11 22:12:33 2003] : (1237) Worm: asadar?
[Sat Jan 11 22:12:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: flame magics here!
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:07 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Flame arrow.
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:13 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:17 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc he's been looking forward to this :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:18 2003] : (1237) Worm: miss
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:32 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Miss? Remember no armour with ranged touch attacks.
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:43 2003] : (1237) Worm: ooc natural armour?
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:53 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc no natual armour either.
[Sat Jan 11 22:13:58 2003] : (1237) Worm: hit then
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:03 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [4d6] -> [3,1,6,2] = (12)
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: reflex save for half/
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:23 2003] : (1237) Worm: dc?
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:39 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: DC=10+3+4=17
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:42 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: I think...
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:42 2003] : (1237) Worm: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:53 2003] : (1237) Worm: hurt it
[Sat Jan 11 22:14:57 2003] : (1237) Worm: ark?
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc mmmm.... pizza
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what range am I at?
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:18 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc No eating: time to fight! ;)
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:18 2003] : (1237) Worm: about 20ft
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:25 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Longbow, Flaming +1 (base): [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+1d6] -> [3,1,1] = (5)
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:25 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Longbow, Flaming +1 (second): [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+1d6] -> [5,1,1] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:31 2003] : (1237) Worm: 2 hits
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:50 2003] : (1237) Worm: me n chiara simultaneous
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:52 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: take that, foul creature!
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:55 2003] : (1237) Worm: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
[Sat Jan 11 22:15:58 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Light crossbow +2, pointblank weap-focus (base): [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:04 2003] : ** (1237) Worm launches itself at Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:11 2003] : (1237) Worm: miss chiara
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:15 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ac 22
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:26 2003] : (1237) Worm: [1d20+13] -> [8,13] = (21)
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc sorry, ac is 19
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: not got shield ready
[Sat Jan 11 22:16:55 2003] : (1237) Worm: hit
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:15 2003] : (1237) Worm: grapple check.....looking in book
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:16 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc damn suicidal honesty
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:23 2003] : (1237) Worm: [2d8+12] -> [2,7,12] = (21)
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:25 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:26 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:29 2003] : (1237) Worm: take 21 damage
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:44 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc definitely suicidal :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:17:52 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Ouch
[Sat Jan 11 22:18:00 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is hurt but not life-threateningly... yet **
[Sat Jan 11 22:18:23 2003] : (1237) Worm: ark....d20+bab+str mod
[Sat Jan 11 22:18:37 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:05 2003] : (1237) Worm: [1d20+17] -> [7,17] = (24)
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:19 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc damn
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:21 2003] : ** (1237) Remorhaz swallows Arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:39 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: new round
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: NO!!!!!!!
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:44 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: cayle?
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:51 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Masterwork Shortbow (base): [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Sat Jan 11 22:20:55 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: miss
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:00 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: IB?
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (base): [1d20+12] -> [19,12] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:08 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (second): [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (base): [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Masterwork shortbow, mighty composite +2, weapon focus, rapid shot (second): [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:17 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: 2 hits
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:32 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Not dead yet?
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:39 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ooc nope
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:43 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: asadar?
[Sat Jan 11 22:21:58 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Ark?!!
[Sat Jan 11 22:22:06 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar casts summon monster III **
[Sat Jan 11 22:22:21 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: A small fire elemental appears.
[Sat Jan 11 22:22:29 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: fine
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:03 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: attacks: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:07 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: miss
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:19 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ark?
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:41 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what are my options?
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:43 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ooc ark...u cant suse any weapon bigger than small
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:52 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ooc cut your way out
[Sat Jan 11 22:23:56 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath draws dagger and enters rage **
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:00 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Good thing you have that dagger.
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:11 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:25 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Dagger of Defiance (base): [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:25 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Dagger of Defiance (second): [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:32 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: 1 hit
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:40 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: not out yet tho
[Sat Jan 11 22:24:54 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: me, chiara and sil'anya simultaneous
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:05 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: Damage to Ark......
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:05 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Light crossbow +2, pointblank weap-focus (base): [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:09 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Heavy Crossbow (base): [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d10+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:09 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Heavy Crossbow (second): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d10+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:14 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: [2d8+12] -> [6,3,12] = (21)
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:24 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: [10d10] -> [9,10,9,7,3,1,6,7,2,3] = (57)
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:34 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: 78 damage ark
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:38 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: 21 crushing
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:43 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: 57 fire
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: damage resistance to fire: only 52 fire
[Sat Jan 11 22:25:54 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ok
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:03 2003] : ** (1237) Remorhaz attacks Ironbeard **
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:14 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: ac IB?
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:14 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc still at -14 though...
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: 22
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:45 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: [1d20+13] -> [3,13] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:47 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: miss
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:52 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: cayle?
[Sat Jan 11 22:26:59 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: oh
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:01 2003] : (1237) Remorhaz: hang on
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:17 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc this is where you wish Chiara had gone for the power to insta-raise :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:21 2003] : ** (1237) Remorhaz keels over as sil'anya's crossbow bolts hits it **
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:27 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:30 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:40 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Dead?
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:44 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc not funny :-(
[Sat Jan 11 22:27:45 2003] : ** (1237) Remorhaz is dead **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:06 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard jumps from her horse to cut the Remorhaz open **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:11 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is dead. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:15 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar rushes to the corpse and hacks away with a dagger. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:25 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya ythrows crossbow away, grabs sword and rushes to help free ark **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:31 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc the remorahz, he means...
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:33 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle watches for other attackers **
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:45 2003] : (1237) DM: your cut into the remorhaz's stomach and find a crushed, burnt corpse that kinda looks like arkannath
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:48 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL@Chiara
[Sat Jan 11 22:28:52 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc ... not hte other current corpse
[Sat Jan 11 22:29:03 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar bursts into tears **
[Sat Jan 11 22:29:15 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard pulls Arkannaths body out **
[Sat Jan 11 22:29:31 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara looks very dismayed **
[Sat Jan 11 22:29:32 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc damn my honesty!
[Sat Jan 11 22:30:08 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I had thought that to ask not for raising power yet showed patience and humility, but was it not perhaps arrogance instead? :-(
[Sat Jan 11 22:30:30 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard doesn't cry (yet) **
[Sat Jan 11 22:30:45 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Now our companion is dead and I could have aided if I had....
[Sat Jan 11 22:30:56 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara looks like crying too **
[Sat Jan 11 22:31:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What do we do now? Is there no chance to raise him?
[Sat Jan 11 22:31:27 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya returns to pick up her crossbow **
[Sat Jan 11 22:31:46 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I can preserve him if we wait the sunrise, until we may reach a place of more holy power...
[Sat Jan 11 22:31:52 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard takes the body with her on her pony **
[Sat Jan 11 22:32:19 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Whatever you can do, do it, please
[Sat Jan 11 22:32:29 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle fetches his mount **
[Sat Jan 11 22:32:37 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc what time is it in game?
[Sat Jan 11 22:33:00 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc did we bring the spare mounts?
[Sat Jan 11 22:33:34 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc We have mounts enough for now, Arkannath can't ride
[Sat Jan 11 22:33:37 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc take Arks
[Sat Jan 11 22:34:23 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Death isn't necessarily the end. Been there done that.. ha ha ha..... *sniff*"
[Sat Jan 11 22:34:24 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya looks a bit uncomfortable, then takes Ark's mount **
[Sat Jan 11 22:34:54 2003] : (1225) Chiara: DM, what time is it?
[Sat Jan 11 22:35:04 2003] : (1237) DM: just after midday
[Sat Jan 11 22:35:40 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc is temperature below zero (I wanna see my sword glowing)
[Sat Jan 11 22:35:45 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: We can't stay here, there might be more of these "worms" around...
[Sat Jan 11 22:35:53 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya looks warily around her **
[Sat Jan 11 22:36:12 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc yes cayle
[Sat Jan 11 22:36:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc they're solitary
[Sat Jan 11 22:36:26 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc woohoo :)
[Sat Jan 11 22:36:47 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle draws his sword **
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:02 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Hey look, my sword is glowing
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:04 2003] : (1225) Chiara: "Tomorrow I will petition my Lord for the spell of Gentle Repose, which will preserve our friend a week without decay. I can easily cast it again if we have not found a holy place by then. This is indeed not the end for him, though he may have strange dreams a while if we do not raise him soon ...
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:12 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard rides on, not looking back, still fighting against her tears **
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:34 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I.... Thank you... Chiara."
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:46 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar consults the maps. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:37:57 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Where is the nearest town with a temple?
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:00 2003] : (1233) Cayle: In this cold, I think Arks body would be preserved anyway
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:01 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Cayle, what's with your sword?
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:10 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc a week south
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:19 2003] : (1233) Cayle: dunno Sil, must be the cold.
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:38 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Oh dear. The nearest temple is a week to the South.... What should we do?"
[Sat Jan 11 22:38:57 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Cayle, I ... would feel better to do all that I can, be it needed in truth or not
[Sat Jan 11 22:39:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Are there no healers closer to us?
[Sat Jan 11 22:39:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20] -> [7] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 22:39:21 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc oops. sorry.
[Sat Jan 11 22:40:19 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar looks around. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:40:35 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Our scryer has stopped. I wonder why..."
[Sat Jan 11 22:41:52 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard holds her mount and looks back **
[Sat Jan 11 22:42:10 2003] : (1233) Cayle: hmmm
[Sat Jan 11 22:42:19 2003] : (1237) DM: north or south?
[Sat Jan 11 22:42:24 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: south
[Sat Jan 11 22:42:48 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We should head south now."
[Sat Jan 11 22:43:00 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Ark needs our help."
[Sat Jan 11 22:43:14 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Very well, show the way
[Sat Jan 11 22:43:31 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar gallops off crazily **
[Sat Jan 11 22:43:43 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya follows **
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:03 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Hold on, if you break your neck it won't help Arkannath
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:12 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard follows **
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:12 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc damn, now winAmp crashes as well
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:15 2003] : ** (1233) Cayle shrugs hiw shoulders and follows (carefully) **
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:18 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar pulls up. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:25 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "But...., but..."
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:34 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We need to hurry!"
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What?
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:41 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara goes after them, stops when A'Sadar does **
[Sat Jan 11 22:44:49 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Yes. but carefully
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:05 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I guess you're right."
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:07 2003] : (1237) DM: to silverymoon then? (temples there)
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:15 2003] : (1233) Cayle: ooc brb - gotta reconnect. Open RPG is acting up still so gonna reboot too
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:23 2003] : (1237) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:25 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc ok
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:33 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:34 2003] : (1233) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:34 2003] : (1233) Cayle (exit): 22:45
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:42 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc sometimes it's possible to REALLY REALLY HATE the DM....
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:50 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I'm sure he's a nice guy really, but sometimes...
[Sat Jan 11 22:45:56 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Very easy indeed ;)
[Sat Jan 11 22:46:30 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc don't tempt fate :-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:46:38 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We knew he was evil, didn't we? He just keeps proving it to us
[Sat Jan 11 22:46:56 2003] : ** (1237) DM doesnt comment **
[Sat Jan 11 22:47:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I hated those Remorhaz-creatures already, and now we have to fight them without reload :(
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:16 2003] : (1248) Cayle (enter): 22:49
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: wb
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:29 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: wb
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:35 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc ok ready to go
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:37 2003] : (1237) DM: GAME UNPAUSE
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:39 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: wb cayle
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:43 2003] : (1237) DM: a week later.....
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:52 2003] : (1237) DM: you enter silverymoon
[Sat Jan 11 22:49:56 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc *blink*
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:06 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard takes Arkannaths body to the temple **
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:16 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar follows anxiously **
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:20 2003] : (1248) Cayle: phew, time really moves
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:26 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc hehe
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:28 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya takes the horses to the nearest stable **
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:33 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara has cast Gentle Repose, so Arkannath has been officially dead only one day **
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:47 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: Welcome
[Sat Jan 11 22:50:49 2003] : (1248) Cayle: hey Sil, see if they have any horses for sale
[Sat Jan 11 22:51:16 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara is glad to see a priest of Lathander **
[Sat Jan 11 22:51:25 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Um. We have a friend in need of some... aid."
[Sat Jan 11 22:51:26 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Help us, our friend has died
[Sat Jan 11 22:51:30 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: HHow can we be of service?
[Sat Jan 11 22:51:53 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Raise him, what else?
[Sat Jan 11 22:52:10 2003] : (1248) Cayle: (muttering) I wonder what 'task' we'll have to do this time
[Sat Jan 11 22:52:39 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard glares at Cayle **
[Sat Jan 11 22:52:48 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: That will cost.....
[Sat Jan 11 22:53:02 2003] : (1225) Chiara: My brother, what will Lathander's servants ask of us to raise our friend?
[Sat Jan 11 22:53:04 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc one milllllion pounds"
[Sat Jan 11 22:53:04 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc the evil .....
[Sat Jan 11 22:53:19 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:53:21 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc our souls?
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:04 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc gladly give up my sole... and anyother flat fish as required.
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:12 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:12 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:15 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc brb
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc *groan*
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:26 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc don't call the servants of Lathander evil!! ;-)
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:36 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc the suspense is killing me!!
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:37 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Only Henry had the correct response to that "joke".
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:41 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc it's the evil "....", sorry
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:45 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: 6530gp
[Sat Jan 11 22:54:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc does that mean I get a prize?
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:12 2003] : (1248) Cayle: dont you want to haggle?
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:14 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc That means you may pay the man
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:16 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc back
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:21 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:28 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar digs into the funds and hands other the cash. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:38 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Here yoy go."
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:44 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: Thankyou
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:44 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc do we have it? or do we have to offer to do stuff? Ah, we have it
[Sat Jan 11 22:55:57 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: Please carry your friend into the next room, he will return to you shortly
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I'm staying with him
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:21 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: as you choose
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:24 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc aren't you glad I'm not a Bhaalspawn!
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:27 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard doesn't trust resurrections without supervision **
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:30 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander goes and stands next to the body **
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:39 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander begins spellcasting **
[Sat Jan 11 22:56:51 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander sprikles holy water over arkannath **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:09 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard looks on suspiciously **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:26 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander places a large diamond on arkannaths chest **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:34 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander is deep in prayer **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:39 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar gnaws on his nails. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:55 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle senses the presense of a 'large diamond' **
[Sat Jan 11 22:57:58 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander finishes the spell with "From Death comes Life" **
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:21 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: the wounds heal
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:24 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: burns too
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:24 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath springs up, hunting for dagger **
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:33 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what? what happened?
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:38 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: Welcome back
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:40 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Thank the gods you're alive again
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:49 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Ark. You're back!"
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:50 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Welcome back, my friend
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ah, I see. I could not quite prevail, clearly.
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:55 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Thank Lathander in particular
[Sat Jan 11 22:58:58 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: I will leave you alone
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:02 2003] : ** (1237) Priest of Lathander steps out of room **
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:08 2003] : (1248) Cayle: nice to see you again, Ark
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:11 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar moves to hug Ark and then stops... looking awkward. **
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:12 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: thank you, friends.
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:37 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara smiles at priest and shakes his hand in special way **
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *laughs* hey, mage, you need not be shy.
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I owe you all a debt.
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:57 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara ... before he goes, that is **
[Sat Jan 11 22:59:58 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya has found a stable and is asking around for horses for sale **
[Sat Jan 11 23:00:21 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara does hug Ark **
[Sat Jan 11 23:00:33 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "No debts amongst friends Ark."
[Sat Jan 11 23:00:37 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is grateful **
[Sat Jan 11 23:00:41 2003] : (1248) Cayle: I dont think you owe us anything
[Sat Jan 11 23:00:42 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard donates 50 gp to the temple **
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:01 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara goes to altar and prays **
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:04 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but we must continue our quest! my error has cost us time...
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:07 2003] : (1248) Cayle: lets go, I dont feel to comfortable in here
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:13 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath goes to find the priest **
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:15 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Just try to be more careful next time, Arkannath :)
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:33 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Thank you, sir. I am at your service.
[Sat Jan 11 23:01:57 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc brb (getting icecream)
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:01 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: You owe me nothing warrior, I do what I can in Lathanders name
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:03 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc OK
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:13 2003] : (1248) Cayle: I'll be outside
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:21 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle leaves the temple **
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:36 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Let us leave here, we have things to do
[Sat Jan 11 23:02:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then I owe a service to your god. If he calls on me, I will know.
[Sat Jan 11 23:03:08 2003] : (1237) Priest of Lathander: As you wish.
[Sat Jan 11 23:03:14 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle looks around the town for anything interesting **
[Sat Jan 11 23:03:36 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara goes with Ironbeard **
[Sat Jan 11 23:03:52 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc anything interesting DM?
[Sat Jan 11 23:04:09 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc what u after cayle?
[Sat Jan 11 23:04:34 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc anything unrelated to horseback!
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:02 2003] : (1237) DM: silverymoon is a large city, there are lots of interesting things there
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:08 2003] : (1248) Cayle: I say we find a good place to sleep tonight.
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:15 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Sounds elvish. Is it?
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:18 2003] : (1248) Cayle: we've been on horseback far too long
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:26 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc elvish??? lol
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:34 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc not quite
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc I'm not Elvish! I'm Buddy!
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:54 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 23:05:58 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc humans, elves and dwarves live together in peace in silverymoon
[Sat Jan 11 23:06:06 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle starts humming **
[Sat Jan 11 23:06:37 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is still a little groggy **
[Sat Jan 11 23:06:40 2003] : (1248) Cayle: "by the liiiiight, of the silvery moooon, dirty old town, dirty old town"
[Sat Jan 11 23:06:47 2003] : (1237) DM: there are plenty off good inns around
[Sat Jan 11 23:07:13 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: A good nights sleep sounds great
[Sat Jan 11 23:07:31 2003] : (1237) DM: all crashing for the night?
[Sat Jan 11 23:07:44 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya has bought herself a light warhorse, bit n bridle n stuff and hands over 776 gp **
[Sat Jan 11 23:07:55 2003] : (1225) Chiara: why not?
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:04 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Seems I got may way and paid my own mount after all :)
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:06 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Where did that money come from?
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:12 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc mine
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:13 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:37 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard accepts the gold for the party funds **
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:44 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya heads for the inn, feeling a bit better **
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we all go to the inn
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:56 2003] : (1248) Cayle: agreed
[Sat Jan 11 23:08:58 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc No Iron, was payment for the horse I bought
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:26 2003] : (1237) DM: i take it its eat, drink n sleep time
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: yep
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:35 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Zzzz
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:40 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: on my part at any rate...
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:40 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc You said: hands over, did I muisunderstand that?
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:51 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc drink, feck, arse
[Sat Jan 11 23:09:58 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath gets 14 hours uninterrupted sleep... mmmm.... **
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:00 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc you did. Handed to the guy I bought the horse n stuff from
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:01 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc did you have non-party money, Sil? - she meant hands it to a merchant, IB
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:12 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc I had
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:12 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Drink, drink, drink, eat, drink, drink, sleep ;)
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:29 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc OK, I understand now :)
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:35 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya follows IB's example :P **
[Sat Jan 11 23:10:58 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *the next day...*
[Sat Jan 11 23:11:03 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara eats, drinks a little, sleeps, skips the wilder stuff :-) **
[Sat Jan 11 23:11:26 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar stays up drinking with Ark. **
[Sat Jan 11 23:11:49 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath doesn't stay up too long, I need to sleep **
[Sat Jan 11 23:11:55 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara tries conversation with them but they're too drunk to make sense **
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:04 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but is happy to share a few drinks
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:08 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: During the night while everyone is asleep...
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:12 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Arghh!!"
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:14 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle has a drinking contest with IB **
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:26 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:34 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: do I hear him?
[Sat Jan 11 23:12:49 2003] : (1237) DM: nope
[Sat Jan 11 23:13:10 2003] : (1225) Chiara: oooc can't waste a good scream, so
[Sat Jan 11 23:13:12 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar tries to find everyone else **
[Sat Jan 11 23:13:20 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Sat Jan 11 23:13:27 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard is winning, she's a dwarf :) **
[Sat Jan 11 23:13:42 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc so is Cayle :P
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:09 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc what use is that? :-) - oh, you''re up, A'Sadar. - so is Chiara a dwarf, but Arian's intolerance for booze is infectious
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:24 2003] : (1237) DM: PAUSE - CIG BREAK - asadar can tell u stuff while i'm gone
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:39 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is still in bed **
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:48 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar wakes everyone up. **
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:49 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc IB is much more used to drinking like a dwarf :P
[Sat Jan 11 23:14:58 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya is asleep **
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:00 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What's up?
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:10 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I had this vision..."
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:20 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc what does she drink? Shorts? ;)
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:42 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "A man in black armour was leading a line of chained slaves through a magic portal."
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:42 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: a vision?
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:44 2003] : (1248) Cayle: hey A'Sadar, you look a little troubled
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:45 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard slaps Cayle **
[Sat Jan 11 23:15:45 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: of what?
[Sat Jan 11 23:16:03 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "There were ogres and minotaurs. with whips to beat the slaves."
[Sat Jan 11 23:16:04 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Could you see where this happened?
[Sat Jan 11 23:16:38 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: a black warrior. In league with a mage.
[Sat Jan 11 23:16:45 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "A hooded figure was counting the people though the portal."
[Sat Jan 11 23:16:52 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *intently* what else did you see?
[Sat Jan 11 23:17:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "They had women and *children* chained."
[Sat Jan 11 23:17:13 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: and what colour was the hooded figure's cloak?
[Sat Jan 11 23:17:26 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath starts to become agitated **
[Sat Jan 11 23:17:27 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard looks angry **
[Sat Jan 11 23:17:32 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc probably black too!
[Sat Jan 11 23:18:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I don't know. At that point I heard the screams... from the portal. *shudder*"
[Sat Jan 11 23:18:25 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "What are they doing to those people?"
[Sat Jan 11 23:18:46 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Can you tell us more about those screams?
[Sat Jan 11 23:18:51 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: were there any men among the slaves?
[Sat Jan 11 23:18:52 2003] : (1248) Cayle: I guess we'll find out when we get there.
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:18 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: (a bit desperatlly "Tell me I didn't do wrong by coming here for Ark? Please?"
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:20 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: There? Where is there?
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:36 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Men, women, children, everyone."
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:45 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: You didn't, loyalty to friends is a virtue
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:47 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: you did not flee, friend mage... you have not dishonoured yourself.
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:53 2003] : (1225) Chiara: No, of coursen ot, how can we do our best for them if we have not all our friends with us?
[Sat Jan 11 23:19:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: you did not abandon your people!
[Sat Jan 11 23:20:03 2003] : (1248) Cayle: This is gonna be tough enough with all of us, A'Sadar
[Sat Jan 11 23:20:15 2003] : (1225) Chiara: we need Arkannath to be there with us
[Sat Jan 11 23:20:27 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar feels a bit better but the vision still haunts him. **
[Sat Jan 11 23:20:39 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: And even if you had wanted to go on, I found resurrectuing Arkannath very important
[Sat Jan 11 23:21:08 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Arkannath, even those who have withdrawn once from a fight can return. Only those who fear to go back *ever* have failed.
[Sat Jan 11 23:21:56 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I too, IB You are not the only one who felt different actions on their part might have kept Ark safe
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but it is not the same fight... if I had fought, my Relessa might yet live.
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:33 2003] : (1225) Chiara: No, you would be dead, and she still would be.
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:36 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we must find this portal of yours, A'Sadar.
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:40 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: All fights for good are the same fight
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:42 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Yes."
[Sat Jan 11 23:22:42 2003] : (1248) Cayle: all that would have changed is that you would lie beside her
[Sat Jan 11 23:23:21 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: aye, I shall avenge my people, and free any that I can, then I might join her at last
[Sat Jan 11 23:23:21 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Now you have power to effect a more lasting good
[Sat Jan 11 23:23:53 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "And leave us Ark?" (looking a bit shocked)
[Sat Jan 11 23:23:57 2003] : (1248) Cayle: dont be in too much of a rush to join her
[Sat Jan 11 23:23:57 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then shall we ride?
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:05 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Don't hurry to join her, wouldn't she want you to gon living and be happy?
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:07 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: or do we wait for the morning?
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:13 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath avoids the questions **
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:17 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: go on
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:28 2003] : (1248) Cayle: wait. We have more than a weeks ride ahead of us
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:45 2003] : (1237) DM: back
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:50 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:51 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: So a few hours of sleep won't make anyg difference to them
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:51 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then I shall sleep. We need our strength.
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:54 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:57 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath sleeps **
[Sat Jan 11 23:24:59 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc wb DM
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:04 2003] : (1225) Chiara: how can you do your promised service to Lathander if you have died first?
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:09 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard goes to bed as well **
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:28 2003] : (1225) Chiara: (spoken after him if he left first)
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:29 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya follows IB's example again :P **
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:41 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath pretended not to hear **
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:48 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc DM is there anything in the city that could help us? like a teleport gate?? ;)
[Sat Jan 11 23:25:57 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc nope :P
[Sat Jan 11 23:26:22 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc aww
[Sat Jan 11 23:26:26 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc damn evil DM :-P
[Sat Jan 11 23:26:59 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Are there non-evil DMs?
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:06 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle heads for bed **
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:08 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc. Yeah. Me.
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:13 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc only in theory
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:16 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:18 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc Me, actually.
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:20 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc Yeah right
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:21 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: next morning...
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:37 2003] : (1237) DM: beautiful day tho a tad chilly
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:44 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard goes down for breakfast **
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:46 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath gets up early, and goes to watch the sun rise **
[Sat Jan 11 23:27:47 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc bit like today.
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:17 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc yep
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:24 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya gets dressed in her cold weather outfit again and goes down for breakfast **
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:25 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle orders a full Ulster Fry (whatever that is) **
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:33 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:34 2003] : (1237) DM: breakfast is served to all who want it
[Sat Jan 11 23:28:38 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc I am, because I don't kill players on purpose. Death is harder to get rid of in my game, and I have a character in the party also, I don't want *anyone* to die. Challege w/o fear :-)
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:28 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc anyway :P
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:33 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath joins the others at breakfast **
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:38 2003] : (1237) DM: what are everyones plans for the day
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:40 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara eats **
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: it is good to see the sun rise again.
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:50 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara prays **
[Sat Jan 11 23:29:52 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Riding north
[Sat Jan 11 23:30:02 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: mage, do you have any idea where the portal is?
[Sat Jan 11 23:30:04 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara rides :-) **
[Sat Jan 11 23:30:04 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Where do we go now? Does anyone have an idea?
[Sat Jan 11 23:30:32 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Um. No. North I guess. Where Fzoul said. If we can trust that ball of slime."
[Sat Jan 11 23:30:44 2003] : (1248) Cayle: north for now. A'Sadar may have more 'visions' as we go
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:04 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is ready to set off **
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: He wants us here, so he wouldn't have lied about the location, just about everything else
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:17 2003] : (1237) DM: north then
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:55 2003] : (1237) DM: After another weeks ride you are back at the site of arkannaths fall, it feels colder than before, with the wind being a little stronger
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:57 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then we ride!
[Sat Jan 11 23:31:59 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard takes the lead, trusting A'Sadar to tell her if she takes a wrong turn **
[Sat Jan 11 23:32:22 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath recognizes the area, and has his bow loaded and ready **
[Sat Jan 11 23:32:40 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Scry Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 23:32:40 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya looks warily around her **
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Scry Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [16,0] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:05 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc :-P
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:11 2003] : (1237) DM: there are no signs of life around, the body of the remorhaz has been stripped and eaten by the look of it
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:12 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I think we should go around this area. Someone is watching us again."
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:41 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Are you sure they'll lose us if we go around?
[Sat Jan 11 23:33:48 2003] : (1237) DM: there is still a day n a half travel ahead of you
[Sat Jan 11 23:34:00 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I.. don't know."
[Sat Jan 11 23:34:14 2003] : (1248) Cayle: may as well keep going then
[Sat Jan 11 23:34:17 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Where do you propose we go?
[Sat Jan 11 23:34:38 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: (getting annoyed) "I don't know that either""
[Sat Jan 11 23:35:05 2003] : (1248) Cayle: Lets just keep going, and see what happens
[Sat Jan 11 23:35:15 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: No need to get upset, I hoped you knew, that's all. None of us knows anything
[Sat Jan 11 23:35:29 2003] : (1237) DM: still going north?
[Sat Jan 11 23:35:36 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: I guess
[Sat Jan 11 23:35:43 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: We might as well
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I agree
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:06 2003] : (1237) DM: it starts to snow
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:20 2003] : (1237) DM: and the wind keeps getting a little stronger the further you go
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:23 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle pulls his hood closer **
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:36 2003] : (1237) DM: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
[Sat Jan 11 23:36:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc stop rolling, dammi!
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:03 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:04 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:11 2003] : (1237) DM: you are travelling over an open expanse of snow, there are hills to the north, mountains to the east and west
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:22 2003] : (1237) DM: its getting toward evening
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:33 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We should seek shelter"
[Sat Jan 11 23:37:54 2003] : (1248) Cayle: there may be caves in the mountains
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I agree, but they are not always safe
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:07 2003] : (1237) DM: there is no shelter, the hills are about 1 days travel away
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:19 2003] : (1237) DM: the moutains are even further
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:28 2003] : (1237) DM: you cannot see them for snow now either
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:43 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Those arre no use then, set up camp here?
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:47 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc we have tents right?
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:47 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then we should stop moving!
[Sat Jan 11 23:38:59 2003] : (1237) DM: ooc you cant travel far/fast over snow on horses i'm thinking
[Sat Jan 11 23:39:05 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we can survive the cold. It is our horses that will suffer.
[Sat Jan 11 23:39:28 2003] : (1248) Cayle: if we stop they'll freeze
[Sat Jan 11 23:39:47 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we must keep the horses moving!
[Sat Jan 11 23:40:08 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but we cannot see the ground in this snow....
[Sat Jan 11 23:40:12 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle draws his sword to provide a little light **
[Sat Jan 11 23:40:25 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar casts light on his staff. **
[Sat Jan 11 23:40:25 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Then I suggest we lead them for a while, no use if they're exhausted
[Sat Jan 11 23:41:00 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle dismounts **
[Sat Jan 11 23:41:34 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath dismounts and leads his horse, sword in the other hand **
[Sat Jan 11 23:41:37 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard dismounts **
[Sat Jan 11 23:41:48 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya dismounts **
[Sat Jan 11 23:41:57 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara dismounts **
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:02 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ditt
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:04 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: o
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:36 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: (shouting over the wind) "Can anyone tell which way we're going?"
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:42 2003] : (1237) DM: PAUSE
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:55 2003] : (1237) DM: Firewall is down, giving me crap until i reboot
[Sat Jan 11 23:42:58 2003] : (1237) DM: brb
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:00 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ok
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:07 2003] : (1237) DM: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:07 2003] : (1237) DM: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:07 2003] : (1237) DM (exit): 23:43
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:18 2003] : (1248) Cayle: firewall mmmmm heat
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:24 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: KMAO
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:51 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: lol
[Sat Jan 11 23:43:53 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *to Chiara* you mentioned your family... why did you leave them?
[Sat Jan 11 23:44:30 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc *cough* My firewall has been up for 34 days and counting with no problems....
[Sat Jan 11 23:44:55 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Rub it in, why don't you ;)
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:03 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Tell Darren when he comes back
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:26 2003] : (1271) DM (enter): 23:45
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:34 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc wb :)
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:35 2003] : (1271) DM: ok
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:36 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc wb
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: wb Darren
[Sat Jan 11 23:45:56 2003] : (1271) DM: everyone rolls me fortitude checks...for you and your horses
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:07 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:08 2003] : (1248) Cayle: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:15 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:17 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc What's a roll for a horse?
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:21 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Fortitude save: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:24 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:26 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what are the modifiers for the horses? and remember we have the rings
[Sat Jan 11 23:46:54 2003] : (1271) DM: rings?
[Sat Jan 11 23:47:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: rings of warmth
[Sat Jan 11 23:47:08 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: given to us by Mirt
[Sat Jan 11 23:47:50 2003] : (1271) DM: horses get +5 for light, light war get +6 , heavy get +5, heavy war get +7
[Sat Jan 11 23:47:54 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23) for my light horse
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:08 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:09 2003] : (1271) DM: ooc ignore your own checks...forgot the rings (still dont remember too well)
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:11 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:17 2003] : (1248) Cayle: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:29 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: what kind of horse do I have?
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:40 2003] : (1271) DM: light probably
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:47 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ok
[Sat Jan 11 23:48:52 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 23:49:14 2003] : (1271) DM: chiara?
[Sat Jan 11 23:49:40 2003] : (1225) Chiara: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Sat Jan 11 23:49:45 2003] : (1271) DM: ok
[Sat Jan 11 23:50:03 2003] : (1271) DM: Arkannath, your horse seems to be suffering badly with the cold
[Sat Jan 11 23:50:35 2003] : (1271) DM: what are you all doing?
[Sat Jan 11 23:50:52 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Walking along, slowly
[Sat Jan 11 23:50:55 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Are there any trees or anything?
[Sat Jan 11 23:50:57 2003] : (1248) Cayle: trudging on slowly
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:01 2003] : (1225) Chiara: (answering Ark's question from during the Pause:) Because...they had no care for others, Arkannath. As I said earlier, all their wealth merely made them self-absorbed and self-centred. They did not believe I had been called by Lathander, and they spoke against the poor and the sick in words that ... that provoked from me words they did not like to hear. They said that if I were such a fool as not to value my upbringing and shame my family by joining a temple, I might call the members of that temple my famly henceforth and not my parents. This ... I have done. Perhaps you would know my former family name if I told it to you, or one familiar with the city I was born in would, but I do not speak it.
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:02 2003] : (1271) DM: none asadar
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:08 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I lead my horse in the centre of the group, to keep him warm
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:17 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Ark, I have a winter blanket you could put over your horse if you want...
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:19 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I keep walking
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:33 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I thank you, Sil'Anya
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:43 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya hands Ark the blanket **
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:47 2003] : (1271) DM: another hour passes (7pm now)
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:56 2003] : (1271) DM: another fort save for horses
[Sat Jan 11 23:51:57 2003] : (1271) DM: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:03 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:04 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:04 2003] : (1225) Chiara: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:06 2003] : (1248) Cayle: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:28 2003] : (1271) DM: [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:38 2003] : (1271) DM: IB, your horse is struggling too
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:39 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: *to Chiara* moral conflicts are not easy. I admire your courage in holding to your own views, though it grieves me that it led you to leave your home.
[Sat Jan 11 23:52:56 2003] : (1248) Cayle: looks like that extra blanket did the trick, Ark. Your horse seems better now
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:06 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya smiles **
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:20 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ah yes, we should keep those that are suffering more central
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:35 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard trakes a blanket from her bedroll and puts it over her mount **
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:48 2003] : (1271) DM: another hour (8pm)
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:51 2003] : (1271) DM: another roll
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:53 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:57 2003] : (1248) Cayle: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Sat Jan 11 23:53:59 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:00 2003] : (1225) Chiara: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:00 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar puts a blanket on his horse before its too late **
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:03 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:16 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:21 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: this is no good!
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:27 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara definitely puts a blanket on her horse as well **
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:31 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we must find wood or shelter!
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:33 2003] : (1271) DM: All the horses bar Arkannaths are suffering
[Sat Jan 11 23:54:37 2003] : (1271) DM: [5d6] -> [1,2,1,4,6] = (14)
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:05 2003] : (1248) Cayle: but where?
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:05 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard talks to her mount encouragingly to keep it going **
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:20 2003] : (1248) Cayle: we can barely see our feet!
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:30 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya unfolds her tent, laying it over her horse **
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:39 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath tries to keep the party heading north **
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:48 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Sat Jan 11 23:55:57 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar keeps going. **
[Sat Jan 11 23:56:02 2003] : (1248) Cayle: we could be walking in circles
[Sat Jan 11 23:56:11 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Sat Jan 11 23:56:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Then what do you propose? ff we stop the horses will freeze to death
[Sat Jan 11 23:57:19 2003] : (1271) DM: doing anything other than walking in the next hour?
[Sat Jan 11 23:57:29 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: unless we can get them to huddle together...
[Sat Jan 11 23:58:02 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I'm open to any suggestion
[Sat Jan 11 23:58:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: if we can bury ourselves and the horses in the snow, they should survive the night
[Sat Jan 11 23:58:27 2003] : (1248) Cayle: thats a bit of a long shot Ark
[Sat Jan 11 23:59:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: it works, my friend
[Sat Jan 11 23:59:13 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I have used it myself in the winters
[Sat Jan 11 23:59:38 2003] : (1248) Cayle: I'll have to take your word for that
[Sat Jan 11 23:59:45 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Can we use snow to make a barricade against the cold wind?
[Sat Jan 11 23:59:52 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: that is the idea
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: there are bound to be some snowdrifts...
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:21 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Let's do it. It's worth a try. Our horses will die otherwise."
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:31 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc Build Igloo Skill: Untrained
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:38 2003] : (1271) DM: ooc lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:42 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath starts digging with his shield **
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:42 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What do we do, exactly?
[Sun Jan 12 00:00:57 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard works alongside Arkannath **
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:01 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we must create an area big enough for the horses
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:02 2003] : (1271) DM: another roll please
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:09 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:09 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle follows Ark's example **
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:10 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: fort?
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:10 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:11 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:13 2003] : (1225) Chiara: (you'd think it would occur to me to learn cold-protecting spells before coming out in this, wouldn't you?)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:18 2003] : (1225) Chiara: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:21 2003] : (1248) Cayle: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:33 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:34 2003] : (1225) Chiara: (not used to having so many to choose from!)
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:54 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Friends, if we dig deep enough we might be able to find some wood... Maybe a long shot too, but...
[Sun Jan 12 00:01:55 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc The trap of luxury ;)
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:04 2003] : (1271) DM: Asadar, Cayle, Sil'anya and IB...your horses are getting worse
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:07 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I have found wood and stones!
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:18 2003] : (1271) DM: [4d6] -> [2,3,6,3] = (14)
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:24 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: this might be the ruins of a settlement...
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:34 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: mage, can you melt the snow for us?
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:38 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya gets on her kness and starts using her hands to dig as a madman **
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:40 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard goes over to brush some warmth into her horse **
[Sun Jan 12 00:02:54 2003] : (1271) DM: IB, your horse is close to collapse
[Sun Jan 12 00:03:24 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc You'd kill your horse faster doing that Hannele.
[Sun Jan 12 00:03:37 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya tosses IB her bedroll and jkeep digging **
[Sun Jan 12 00:03:38 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc he's right, you know
[Sun Jan 12 00:03:56 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard spreads the bedroll over hjer horse and goes back to digging **
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:05 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath is still digging **
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:15 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: mage, can you cast spells to move or melt the snow?
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:25 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "I can melt it."
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:38 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "But I don't think that would be a good idea."
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:39 2003] : (1248) Cayle: if we back away you could throw a fireball
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:46 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: why not?
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:54 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Snow is warmer than water/ice."
[Sun Jan 12 00:04:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: we can clear the area
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:17 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: but if you can melt an area on a hill, the water will run off
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:24 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: He's right, snow isolates warmth
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:30 2003] : (1225) Chiara: "To keep warmth in us, yes, it is
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:35 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc I know, I _know_. but Ark doesn't :-P
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:35 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We don't want to be on a hill in the wind."
[Sun Jan 12 00:05:47 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then we will dig.
[Sun Jan 12 00:06:03 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath keeps digging, investigating the wood and stone as well **
[Sun Jan 12 00:06:27 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I pull up some of the wood :can anyone start a fire with this?
[Sun Jan 12 00:06:28 2003] : (1248) Cayle: how much wood have we got? enough for a fire?
[Sun Jan 12 00:06:49 2003] : (1271) DM: you can salvage enough wood for a fire
[Sun Jan 12 00:07:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then we should light a fire!
[Sun Jan 12 00:07:09 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar helps with a gathering wood. **
[Sun Jan 12 00:07:17 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc 'insulates', IB :-)
[Sun Jan 12 00:07:24 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard builds a fire and leads the horses as close to it as they want to be **
[Sun Jan 12 00:07:59 2003] : ** (1248) Cayle helps Ark build the wind-break **
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:00 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc You're right, but in Dutch it's the same word
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:03 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: there are stones here too, friends! /me examines the stones
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:25 2003] : (1248) Cayle: what kind of stones?
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:28 2003] : (1271) DM: mlots of different sized stones ark
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:42 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: are they shaped at all?
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:45 2003] : (1271) DM: from very old settlement possibly
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:48 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc no reason why not, indeed :-) sounds odd in Englsih though
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:52 2003] : (1271) DM: some are
[Sun Jan 12 00:08:55 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc ENGLISH
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:00 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:06 2003] : (1271) DM: possibly used in building a very very old home
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:07 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:09 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya keeps a worried eye on the horses **
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:28 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: any evidence of why it was abandoned?
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:45 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar is tending the fire and making sure it doesn't go out. **
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:48 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc brb
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:51 2003] : (1271) DM: possibly the bloody freezing temperature, the severe wind and the constant snow
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I think this was an abandoned settlement... we should not disturb this ground
[Sun Jan 12 00:09:58 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc We're trying to stay alive, who cares?
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:00 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:06 2003] : (1248) Cayle: probably froze to death
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:16 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc the people who settled here initially would have known about it
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:20 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc back
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:28 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard helps digging **
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:35 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: distubing the departed is not a wise action!#
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:38 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc wb
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:46 2003] : (1271) DM: ooc people do the stupidest things, thinking they know how bad things are
[Sun Jan 12 00:10:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc true
[Sun Jan 12 00:11:20 2003] : (1271) DM: you eventually excavate a large enough space for you and the horses, and build a big enough barrier for the wind
[Sun Jan 12 00:11:49 2003] : (1248) Cayle: if we dont, we'll have several 'departed' horses!
[Sun Jan 12 00:11:54 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc not sure these element-protecting spells I see would have helped the horses anyway, are they taking damage?
[Sun Jan 12 00:11:56 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: mage? tomorrow, I should like to investigate this place... could you melt the snow for us?
[Sun Jan 12 00:12:07 2003] : (1271) DM: ooc yes, subdual damage
[Sun Jan 12 00:12:20 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Sure. Might destory anything underneath though. Fireballs aren't subtle."
[Sun Jan 12 00:12:20 2003] : (1225) Chiara: okay, I'll learn some for tomorrow
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:06 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: then can you cast the spell off the ground, so only the edge hits the snow?
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:14 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Building tents or huddle together for warnth?
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:24 2003] : (1271) DM: what are your arrangements for the night?
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:43 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: huddle together, we've got a windbreak
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:49 2003] : (1248) Cayle: can anyone cast Detect Evil? just in case
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:51 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Huddling together might be the wisest
[Sun Jan 12 00:13:55 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: Take turns watching the fire.
[Sun Jan 12 00:14:00 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: (keep the horses together that is, the rest of us are fine)
[Sun Jan 12 00:14:09 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: I will take the first watch...
[Sun Jan 12 00:14:21 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Ark, our body heat may aid the horses too
[Sun Jan 12 00:14:30 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: yes, you are right
[Sun Jan 12 00:14:38 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya smiles **
[Sun Jan 12 00:15:16 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Do wo have enough wood to make the fire going all night?
[Sun Jan 12 00:15:29 2003] : (1271) DM: yes
[Sun Jan 12 00:15:35 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I can cast it, shall I cast it now?
[Sun Jan 12 00:15:54 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: yes, it is a good idea
[Sun Jan 12 00:16:11 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara casts it **
[Sun Jan 12 00:16:14 2003] : (1271) DM: what?
[Sun Jan 12 00:16:24 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Detect Evil
[Sun Jan 12 00:16:27 2003] : (1271) DM: ok
[Sun Jan 12 00:16:31 2003] : (1225) Chiara: out the door :-)
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:11 2003] : (1271) DM: no evil
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:22 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: oh feck
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:29 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc sorry, crash...
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:51 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: ooc brb
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:52 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath found the F4 macro key **
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:55 2003] : ** (1217) Arkannath found the F4 macro key **
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:58 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:58 2003] : (1217) Arkannath: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:17:58 2003] : (1217) Arkannath (exit): 00:17
[Sun Jan 12 00:18:02 2003] : (1271) DM: pause
[Sun Jan 12 00:18:17 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: brb
[Sun Jan 12 00:18:24 2003] : (1248) Cayle: ooc I get the feeling that 'No Evil' means there is something else out there, lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:18:35 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: LOL
[Sun Jan 12 00:19:15 2003] : (1248) Cayle: brb reconnect while i can
[Sun Jan 12 00:19:15 2003] : (1248) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:19:15 2003] : (1248) Cayle: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:19:16 2003] : (1248) Cayle (exit): 00:19
[Sun Jan 12 00:20:03 2003] : (1281) Cayle (enter): 00:20
[Sun Jan 12 00:20:32 2003] : (1225) Chiara: okay, so that's ... 2 level 4 spells, 3 potential prot from elements at level 3, 4 Resist El at level 2, 6 level 1s and 6 level 0
[Sun Jan 12 00:20:52 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: back
[Sun Jan 12 00:20:59 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: wb
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:02 2003] : (1225) Chiara: anyone think I need the level 1 endure elements as well?
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:03 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: :)
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:03 2003] : (1282) Arkannath (enter): 00:21
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:12 2003] : (1271) DM: whats the watch rota?
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:12 2003] : (1281) Cayle: dont overdo them
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:14 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: wb
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:14 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc sorry about that...
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:19 2003] : ** (1282) Arkannath is on first watch **
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:36 2003] : (1281) Cayle: i'll take second
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:38 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: I'll take the last watch
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:38 2003] : (1225) Chiara: I can simultaneosly cast healing anyway, question is should I memorise anything else
[Sun Jan 12 00:21:53 2003] : (1225) Chiara: spontaneously, I meant of course
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:00 2003] : ** (1220) A'Sadar 1st **
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:02 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:09 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: third then
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:15 2003] : (1225) Chiara: okay, keep level 1s as previous then
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:31 2003] : (1271) DM: ark....give me the watch rota
[Sun Jan 12 00:22:58 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya will take any watch needed **
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:10 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: me, then Cayle, then A'Sadar, then Sil'Anya, then Chiara, then IB. 2 hours each.
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:35 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc /me wears his "Captain of the Guard" hat and struts a bit
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:38 2003] : (1271) DM: everyone roll me a d20
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:41 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:45 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: [1d20] -> [15] = (15)
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:47 2003] : (1225) Chiara: [1d20] -> [4] = (4)
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:48 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Sun Jan 12 00:23:56 2003] : (1281) Cayle: [1d20] -> [20] = (20)
[Sun Jan 12 00:24:13 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc without the 5 for IB :-)
[Sun Jan 12 00:24:22 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: [1d20] -> [13] = (13)
[Sun Jan 12 00:24:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Oops
[Sun Jan 12 00:25:56 2003] : (1271) DM: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:13 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc "you are awakened by monsters and must defend yourselves"
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:19 2003] : (1271) DM: nope
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:20 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc LOL
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:42 2003] : (1281) Cayle: ooc you are not awakened and die in your sleep?
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:51 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc heh
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:52 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: ooc KMAO
[Sun Jan 12 00:26:56 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: ooc :P
[Sun Jan 12 00:27:58 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara screams and wakes everyone up **
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:10 2003] : (1225) Chiara: all the animals have been decapitated
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:25 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: the horses?
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:26 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Ew. Gross."
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:27 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: when?
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:33 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: What's happening?
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:35 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: did you see what did it?
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:40 2003] : (1225) Chiara: ooc I just scream, I don't say that
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:42 2003] : (1281) Cayle: ahhhh, Chiara, you scared the life out of me!
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:45 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya looks at the horses, then at Chiara **
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:52 2003] : (1225) Chiara: no, I ... I
[Sun Jan 12 00:28:57 2003] : (1281) Cayle: whats wrong?
[Sun Jan 12 00:29:05 2003] : ** (1282) Arkannath puts an arm round Chiara **
[Sun Jan 12 00:29:12 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: you are safe while I live...
[Sun Jan 12 00:29:16 2003] : ** (1281) Cayle notices the deadness of the horses **
[Sun Jan 12 00:29:47 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard goes over to examine the animals **
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:00 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "We should have stood double watches."
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:01 2003] : (1271) DM: they are dead IB
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:09 2003] : (1225) Chiara: *sobs* but the horses were not safe in *my *charge
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:22 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: it is _not your fault_
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:28 2003] : (1281) Cayle: ooc no shit sherlock!
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:29 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Too late for that now, we didn't and now we pay the price
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:30 2003] : (1225) Chiara: *sobs*
[Sun Jan 12 00:30:46 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya is devastated... I spent most of my money on that horse :O **
[Sun Jan 12 00:31:01 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: now, did you see what did it? if not, then do not worry. I will guard the camp.
[Sun Jan 12 00:31:16 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: It could have been much worse, Chiara wasn't hurt
[Sun Jan 12 00:31:34 2003] : (1225) Chiara: no, Ark, I failed my watch, I slept through all
[Sun Jan 12 00:31:43 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: but why not? unless it was an attempt to immobilise us...
[Sun Jan 12 00:31:57 2003] : (1281) Cayle: If someone wanted to stop us, why kill the horses?
[Sun Jan 12 00:32:25 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: a predator would not have done this...
[Sun Jan 12 00:32:25 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya gathers her tent, blanket and bedroll, not knowing how to comfort Chiara **
[Sun Jan 12 00:32:37 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: it bears the marks of a blade...
[Sun Jan 12 00:32:39 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara is not very functional at all **
[Sun Jan 12 00:32:58 2003] : ** (1282) Arkannath is not very good at comforting **
[Sun Jan 12 00:33:20 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara appreciates the arm **
[Sun Jan 12 00:33:24 2003] : (1271) DM: the job looks like it was done with a damn big sword
[Sun Jan 12 00:33:30 2003] : (1281) Cayle: If they could do this without our knowledge they could easily have slit our throats
[Sun Jan 12 00:33:30 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Chiara, stop blaming yourself, it's done and can't be changed
[Sun Jan 12 00:33:49 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: one horse screaming would wake us, and the others. they must have been killed without knowing it, at least
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:04 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Are there any tracks Ark?"
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:05 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: we should search for tracks...
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:17 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:20 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: ooc Wow. Telepathy :P
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:22 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:27 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:36 2003] : (1271) DM: tracks go north
[Sun Jan 12 00:34:38 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:17 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: If they've left those tracks, it must mean they want us to follow them
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:29 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: I will follow them... if I find nothing within ten minutes, I will return...
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:37 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: *shrug* "We were going north anyway."#
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:46 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: do not worry, I can move undetected in this terrain
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:47 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "Ark, do not go alone!"
[Sun Jan 12 00:35:54 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Be careful, don't walk into any traps
[Sun Jan 12 00:36:38 2003] : (1281) Cayle: ok then scout ahead. We will pack up and follow you as soon as we can
[Sun Jan 12 00:36:42 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: I will take care, friends
[Sun Jan 12 00:36:59 2003] : ** (1282) Arkannath sets off after the tracks, jogging at an easy pace **
[Sun Jan 12 00:37:06 2003] : (1281) Cayle: dont go too far ahead
[Sun Jan 12 00:38:00 2003] : ** (1281) Cayle gets ready to break camp **
[Sun Jan 12 00:38:06 2003] : ** (1225) Chiara is looking cold and clammy **
[Sun Jan 12 00:38:12 2003] : ** (1221) Sil'anya helps packing **
[Sun Jan 12 00:38:24 2003] : ** (1224) Ironbeard helps packing as well **
[Sun Jan 12 00:38:47 2003] : (1281) Cayle: ooc is it light yet?
[Sun Jan 12 00:39:09 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: I return to the group
[Sun Jan 12 00:39:23 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Did you find anything?
[Sun Jan 12 00:39:33 2003] : (1220) A'Sadar: "You're back. Phew!"
[Sun Jan 12 00:39:57 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: friends, there is a bare patch of land. Somehow, the thing that left the tracks vanished there. There was no blood spilt, and the ground is not heated enough to melt snow
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:09 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: I suspect it is a door.
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:14 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc have we got rope?
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:15 2003] : (1271) DM: GAME STOP
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:23 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: ooc noooooooo
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:26 2003] : (1271) DM: XP
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:27 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: OK, no need to shout ;)
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:32 2003] : (1281) Cayle: awwww
[Sun Jan 12 00:40:33 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: lol
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:14 2003] : (1271) DM: 300 xp each
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:22 2003] : (1271) DM: I need a cig, see u all back in chat
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:29 2003] : (1271) DM: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:29 2003] : (1271) DM: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:30 2003] : (1271) DM (exit): 00:41
[Sun Jan 12 00:41:50 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: that was sudden!
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:04 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Must have needed a cig badly ;)
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:05 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:05 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:06 2003] : (1224) Ironbeard (exit): 00:42
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:13 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: See you in the chat :)
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:20 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:20 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:20 2003] : (1221) Sil'anya (exit): 00:42
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:40 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: I'm heading over there now... come on, guys :-)
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:46 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:46 2003] : (1225) Chiara: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:46 2003] : (1225) Chiara (exit): 00:42
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:49 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:49 2003] : (1282) Arkannath: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:42:49 2003] : (1282) Arkannath (exit): 00:42
[Sun Jan 12 00:43:13 2003] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 12 00:43:14 2003] : Game disconnected!
[Sun Jan 12 00:43:15 2003] : Disconnecting from server...