Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 31 August 2006

[Thu Aug 31 19:20:05 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Aug 31 19:20:47 2006] : (1) DM: You're standing outside the mine entrance where a few wisps of smoke leave.
[Thu Aug 31 19:20:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So what do we do now?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:21:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "So now we wait until the fire goes out?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:21:19 2006] : (4) Adrin: "and have a better look around?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:21:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Who knows what we might find. That creature has had a lot of time to collect"
[Thu Aug 31 19:21:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think it's worth examining the cave for anything valuable. From the look of that bone pile he's been around for a while"
[Thu Aug 31 19:22:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits and waits
[Thu Aug 31 19:22:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "The poor thing never got around to taste our sweet, sweet blood"
[Thu Aug 31 19:22:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Thu Aug 31 19:23:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Came pretty close though."
[Thu Aug 31 19:23:15 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin shivers
[Thu Aug 31 19:23:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc er. Aren't we missing someone?
[Thu Aug 31 19:23:30 2006] : (1) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Aug 31 19:25:34 2006] : (1) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Aug 31 19:25:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc np, just come and play with us
[Thu Aug 31 19:25:49 2006] : (1) DM: After a few hours no more smoke can be seen leaving the mine.
[Thu Aug 31 19:26:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Everybody ready to take a good look inside"
[Thu Aug 31 19:26:26 2006] : (4) Adrin: "No time like the present"
[Thu Aug 31 19:26:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a torch and goes in
[Thu Aug 31 19:26:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK"
[Thu Aug 31 19:26:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows Ali
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:01 2006] : (1) DM: You decend into the mine until you reach the black and charred corpse of the vampire. Its been totally consumed by fire and is barely recognizable as a body.
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc umm brb 10 mins
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:26 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc sorry. P just phoned
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc At the hairdresser again?
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:55 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc btw, did we get the big XP or the small XP?
[Thu Aug 31 19:28:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'll just hand out the loot without you ;)
[Thu Aug 31 19:29:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the small.
[Thu Aug 31 19:29:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc The small
[Thu Aug 31 19:29:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc As Adrin leaves Aliatra starts dividing the loot between everyone else ;)
[Thu Aug 31 19:30:20 2006] : (1) DM: The smell of smoke and burnt flesh is strong within the tunnels.
[Thu Aug 31 19:30:23 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'm pretty concerned as if I don't level up within 24 hours, and lose a level, i will have to go back to 1xp over the level I was at if I get a restoration
[Thu Aug 31 19:30:25 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is there anything between or behind those obstruction?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:30:45 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc i.e. back to the start of level 3 :(
[Thu Aug 31 19:30:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the DM isn't as stupid as the rules.
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc So don't lose a level :P
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:08 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so how much was it?
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "We could try moving them Ali"
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc 675
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:49 2006] : (6) Lia: "Now, this...stinks"
[Thu Aug 31 19:31:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's take a good look first before we break our backs trying to move them"
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "He stunk more before we killed him"
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:10 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia looks around in the smoking ruins, trying not to burn herself on fuming things
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Fair enough. Perhaps I should scan the area for magic?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:23 2006] : (1) DM: Inside the main chamber is a pile of ash and bits of partially burnt lumber.
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:23 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Sounds good"
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu Aug 31 19:32:48 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan scans the room looking for a telltale glow
[Thu Aug 31 19:33:46 2006] : (3) Dan: "well, i can't find any magical auras, except the torches"
[Thu Aug 31 19:34:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "These torches are nice, but not very practical when travelling. A bit too hot"
[Thu Aug 31 19:35:24 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed. He's learned that to his dismay"
[Thu Aug 31 19:36:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's start with a scan of the main room, he might have kept the most interesting items close by"
[Thu Aug 31 19:36:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "if anything interesting can come off such a creature"
[Thu Aug 31 19:36:45 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan starts searchin the walls thoroughly - Search = 27
[Thu Aug 31 19:36:47 2006] : (1) DM: The chamber is bare except for the ash surrounding the bier.
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I found him to be very interesting and evil and cruel and plain weird"
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:14 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia searches the ashes around the bier
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:23 2006] : (6) Lia: take 20
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:23 2006] : (1) DM: Search check, Lia.
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:28 2006] : (6) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Aug 31 19:37:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc wb :)
[Thu Aug 31 19:38:03 2006] : (1) DM: Lia spends a considerable amount of time searching through the hot ashes.
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at the stone on which the coffin had stood
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:24 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia gathers a pile of stones on the floor
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc gems, not stones
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:40 2006] : (1) DM: It's a solid block of stone, nothing remarkable about it except for the deeply engrained blood stains.
[Thu Aug 31 19:39:44 2006] : (6) Lia: "Those have made it through the fire, luckily"
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Are they worth anything?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:14 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia points at 14 gel stones
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:17 2006] : (6) Lia: *gem
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "They are born in fire, they shouldn't be too damaged by what heat comes from a wood fire Lia"
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc aisn't diamond a gem stone?
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan continues to search the walls
[Thu Aug 31 19:40:54 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc that's a vocabulary question ;)
[Thu Aug 31 19:41:00 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc search is actually 25, -2 for each negative level
[Thu Aug 31 19:41:11 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc -1 for each I mean
[Thu Aug 31 19:41:19 2006] : (1) DM: You find nothing remarkable about the walls.
[Thu Aug 31 19:41:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc diamonds are gemstones
[Thu Aug 31 19:41:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc because diamond will just disapear in a fire
[Thu Aug 31 19:42:07 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin has a good look round the blocked exits
[Thu Aug 31 19:42:10 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin has a good look round the blocked exits
[Thu Aug 31 19:42:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Uh...?
[Thu Aug 31 19:42:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc DO NOT GIVE TH DM ANY IDEAS!
[Thu Aug 31 19:42:55 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I wasn't aware of that. I guess that they form with intense heat, but a lack of oxygen
[Thu Aug 31 19:43:12 2006] : (1) DM: As you peer through the gaps in the collapsed passages you can see that they're completley collapsed. It would take dozens of people many weeks to clear just one of them.
[Thu Aug 31 19:43:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc they're pure carbon
[Thu Aug 31 19:43:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc diamond is pure carbon. It will just disappear iwhile you roast your beef in the bbq. Sad, but true
[Thu Aug 31 19:43:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc But I guess they need a quite intense heat to burn up
[Thu Aug 31 19:44:07 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Nothing down these tunnels."
[Thu Aug 31 19:44:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc False. Otherwise diamond cutting surfaces wouldn't work at all.
[Thu Aug 31 19:44:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "No need shifting those stones then"
[Thu Aug 31 19:44:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'll take a look at the gems in the sunlight outside. No point trying in here"
[Thu Aug 31 19:44:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Anything about that stone the coffin was on?
[Thu Aug 31 19:45:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc him. actually they burn at 800 C.
[Thu Aug 31 19:46:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc look up about 20 lines Hannele
[Thu Aug 31 19:46:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc So not in a woordire
[Thu Aug 31 19:46:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc assuming wikipedia is correct.
[Thu Aug 31 19:46:50 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc was going to say :)
[Thu Aug 31 19:46:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc ty, David, I missed that
[Thu Aug 31 19:47:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, i think that we've found what there is to be found"
[Thu Aug 31 19:47:39 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Lets get out of here"
[Thu Aug 31 19:47:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we vacate these gloomy halls and head back to town?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:47:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Hmm, town"
[Thu Aug 31 19:48:20 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Did anyone think of collecting that head?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:48:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: "What head?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:49:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, you just did ;)
[Thu Aug 31 19:49:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "The one of the head goblin"
[Thu Aug 31 19:49:15 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I mentioned it just before the game ended, then the game ended and we forgot
[Thu Aug 31 19:49:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Lia chopped it off, so I guess someone took it
[Thu Aug 31 19:50:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Doesn't Lia have the head?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:50:39 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc huhu I don't remember taking it honnest
[Thu Aug 31 19:50:39 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin shrugs
[Thu Aug 31 19:50:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I hope so, it's worth money"
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:09 2006] : (6) Lia: "I did not take it, no"
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:14 2006] : (3) Dan: "If not, it will still be outside, just minus his eyes probably"
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:24 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, and a little flesh"
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "Let's go"
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:52 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia scoops the gems
[Thu Aug 31 19:51:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's get as far away from here as we can before it gets dark"
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:02 2006] : (1) DM: You easily find the battle side by following the caws of all the crows.
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan heads out of the tunnel
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra places teh torch back in its holder
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "Are we not taking those?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:48 2006] : (3) Dan: "They're probably worth something to someone"
[Thu Aug 31 19:52:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And risk burning ourselves? Do you know how to extinguish them?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:53:08 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "But if you want them, take them"
[Thu Aug 31 19:53:21 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't think that you can. But I think that we should take them"
[Thu Aug 31 19:53:29 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'll take one. If its too much trouble I'll just throw it away"
[Thu Aug 31 19:53:33 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan takes one of the torches
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "We may as well take one each"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:04 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:13 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Can we get out of here now?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just make sure they don't give us away when we want to stay out of sight"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:25 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia does too
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Going now"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, we're going back to town, right?"
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:37 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Aug 31 19:54:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra leaves, gladly
[Thu Aug 31 19:55:02 2006] : (3) Dan: "Dan puts his tin mug over the burning end of his torch"
[Thu Aug 31 19:55:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan puts his tin mug over the burning end of his torch
[Thu Aug 31 19:55:37 2006] : (3) Dan: Once outside Dan says to Lia...
[Thu Aug 31 19:55:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess examining those gems will wait until we get back to town"
[Thu Aug 31 19:57:02 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ping
[Thu Aug 31 19:57:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "I think it is as well"
[Thu Aug 31 19:57:49 2006] : (1) DM: At the battle site you find Taknnr's head minus its eyes. It's a pretty grisely trophy.
[Thu Aug 31 19:57:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I think you have more important things to examine, Dan"
[Thu Aug 31 19:57:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "No point hanging around here. I'd like to get as far away before nightfall"
[Thu Aug 31 19:58:21 2006] : (6) Lia: "Good point"
[Thu Aug 31 19:58:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra picks up the head and puts it in a bag
[Thu Aug 31 19:58:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Not veryh nice, but it's worth something"
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:03 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia goes and stays on the watch for a good camping spot when night gets near
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:04 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shoulders his pack ready for a long march
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:10 2006] : (1) DM: The return journey is remarkably free of random encounters and you make it to the Line the following day at noon.
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:25 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn is there to great you.
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:36 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc what? a cue?
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:43 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Welcome back, all."
[Thu Aug 31 19:59:51 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Car! Good to see you. How have things been here?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:06 2006] : (6) Lia: Hi there !
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Good to see you, Caraegyn, you've been missed"
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:21 2006] : (3) Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "Urgh!"
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Quiet, and dull. No more ghosts, and no news either."
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:41 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Dan, are you ok?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks visibly shaken the next day
[Thu Aug 31 20:00:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Dan, you look tired."
[Thu Aug 31 20:01:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "No, I think that the vampire took a prt of me with him"
[Thu Aug 31 20:01:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "He's been hurt badly and needs help we can't give him"
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I really should backup my old level nodes - then I can just switch!
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:14 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what cures that stuff?
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:30 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc restoration, once for each level
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc think positive!
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc restoration a level 5? cleric spell.
[Thu Aug 31 20:02:34 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then where do we turn? I should like to let the city know about the deaths here."
[Thu Aug 31 20:03:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc a messenger bird was sent and reinforcements are on their way.
[Thu Aug 31 20:03:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: "We'll need to get back to the city to get help for Dan"
[Thu Aug 31 20:03:23 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, we really do"
[Thu Aug 31 20:03:33 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "It seems a better idea than trying to find help here"
[Thu Aug 31 20:03:44 2006] : (6) Lia: "No doubt these stones will help us buy some help"
[Thu Aug 31 20:04:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I hope so. Are you fit to travel Dan?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:04:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can stil identify those two items today"
[Thu Aug 31 20:04:52 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Thu Aug 31 20:04:54 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Thu Aug 31 20:05:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So what are they?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:05:21 2006] : (1) DM: Shortsword +1, Studded leather +1.
[Thu Aug 31 20:05:54 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "So, you took on a vampire. Very brave." Caraegyn interrogates his friends, until he has a good idea what they've been up to.
[Thu Aug 31 20:06:06 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc that takes 2 hours, a nice break in the tower
[Thu Aug 31 20:06:29 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Brave or stupid, I haven't decided"
[Thu Aug 31 20:06:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "If I never meet another vampire again, it'll be too soon"
[Thu Aug 31 20:07:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "To be fair, the first time we had no idea what it was"
[Thu Aug 31 20:07:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "And we also still have little idea about them. All we learned is that fire can harm them, and that they don't like sunlight"
[Thu Aug 31 20:07:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Brave and stupid, by my best guess."
[Thu Aug 31 20:07:50 2006] : (6) Lia: "And we acted pretty stupidly conerning it"
[Thu Aug 31 20:08:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Second think I'm doing when we get to town is finding out how to kill them"
[Thu Aug 31 20:08:17 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc me was reading the PHB at night this week and realized she's missed 1 skill point/level as a human !
[Thu Aug 31 20:08:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Ha, we won, what else is important? We live, it died"
[Thu Aug 31 20:08:55 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am interested as well about how these unnatural beings come to life and die. Or re-die?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:09:03 2006] : (3) Dan: "I feel like I could still die. Who knows what else may happen to me"
[Thu Aug 31 20:09:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, I shall nto be caught out like that again. As soon as I get a chance, I am going to study a little in lots of areas"
[Thu Aug 31 20:09:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We're not about to let you die now, Dan, we'll get the help you need as soon as we reach town"
[Thu Aug 31 20:09:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Best get back to town"
[Thu Aug 31 20:10:21 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc DM can I add 2 points in dungeoneering and get wiser about undeads?
[Thu Aug 31 20:10:41 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gets to his feet and looks a little wobbly
[Thu Aug 31 20:10:54 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc undead is religion
[Thu Aug 31 20:10:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc undead are religion.
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc jinx
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc or religion :)
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:23 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc and it seems a bit pointless now. Add them at the next level
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:30 2006] : (1) DM: oox when you level up, yes.
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:39 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I have these 3 points I need to use up!
[Thu Aug 31 20:11:56 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k
[Thu Aug 31 20:12:07 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc 2 points actually
[Thu Aug 31 20:12:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shoulders his pack ready for another march
[Thu Aug 31 20:12:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us go"
[Thu Aug 31 20:12:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Are we moving on?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:13:04 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Give me some of your pack Dan. You look tired already"
[Thu Aug 31 20:13:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye, let us go."
[Thu Aug 31 20:13:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra greats the guard and marches out
[Thu Aug 31 20:13:53 2006] : (1) DM: You walk onwards through a light rain until you reach Northwatch just before sunset.
[Thu Aug 31 20:14:25 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, first of all we need a temple"
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "Oh, Adrin, i believe that you gave me this. I never drank it"
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:13 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan passes back Adrin's CLW potion
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:23 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Are you sure you dont need it?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have some of my own, thanks anyway"
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Ok"
[Thu Aug 31 20:15:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, a temple!"
[Thu Aug 31 20:16:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think that we know where the church was"
[Thu Aug 31 20:16:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "And we are welcome and known there"
[Thu Aug 31 20:16:20 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That'll do"
[Thu Aug 31 20:16:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sets off with a determined stride
[Thu Aug 31 20:17:03 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Adrin keeps pace easily"
[Thu Aug 31 20:17:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc and a pocket full of cash?
[Thu Aug 31 20:17:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin keeps pace easily
[Thu Aug 31 20:17:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I've got cash
[Thu Aug 31 20:17:35 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia keeps up with Adrin and Dan
[Thu Aug 31 20:18:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra walks on
[Thu Aug 31 20:18:39 2006] : (1) DM: At the chapel the head cleric gives you an examination and requests 640 gp for the 2 restoration spells required.
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That's very reasonable"
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:19 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan counts out the money
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "This could go from the party loot"
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:43 2006] : (6) Lia: "After all, we all are in this together"
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:44 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc how much is in there?
[Thu Aug 31 20:19:53 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I think it's fair to share this expense, since you took the harm when we were fighting"
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:02 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way"
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc 14 gems, surely that's a few GP in the end
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "OK, we'll reimburse Dan"
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:19 2006] : (6) Lia: "When we sell the gems"
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't mind paying"
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:46 2006] : (1) DM: A few minutes and two spells later, Dan feels as good as new.
[Thu Aug 31 20:20:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra pays her share
[Thu Aug 31 20:21:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc your XP is what it would have been if you'd not be level-drained.
[Thu Aug 31 20:21:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc cheers DM
[Thu Aug 31 20:21:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc take it out of party loot in a minute Ali
[Thu Aug 31 20:22:04 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan thanks the priest and feels much better
[Thu Aug 31 20:22:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "You look much better indeed!"
[Thu Aug 31 20:22:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'm glad we could avoid permanent damage"
[Thu Aug 31 20:22:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "Wow, the things that a cleric can do to make you feel better!"
[Thu Aug 31 20:22:48 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Still a bit thin and weak looking, but no more than your usual self"
[Thu Aug 31 20:23:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "Why thankyou Adrin"
[Thu Aug 31 20:23:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: To the priest: "Is there a temple of Kord in this tonw?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:23:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I didn't think that there were gods in this cosmos
[Thu Aug 31 20:23:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Who the heck is Kord?
[Thu Aug 31 20:24:10 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc the guy that goes around with a rope around his neck.
[Thu Aug 31 20:24:18 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ok, I'm out. ;)
[Thu Aug 31 20:24:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc A fighting god, straight from the PHB
[Thu Aug 31 20:24:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Kord is the Greyhawk god of Strength
[Thu Aug 31 20:25:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc we aren't in Greyhawk anymore, Toto.
[Thu Aug 31 20:25:11 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Aug 31 20:26:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Didn't Craig's character follow Kord, that paladin he played a while back?
[Thu Aug 31 20:27:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc The gods from the PHB don't exist in this world. You can invent your own god that's like Kord but give him/her a different name unless you have zero imagination.
[Thu Aug 31 20:27:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc as I said, call him Ropes or something ;)
[Thu Aug 31 20:27:40 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc he did, but I don't think that was this world either
[Thu Aug 31 20:27:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I never realised we were still somewhere else, since we started with fresh characters
[Thu Aug 31 20:28:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc how about Benji?
[Thu Aug 31 20:28:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Ouch!
[Thu Aug 31 20:28:47 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it's all on the wiki
[Thu Aug 31 20:29:25 2006] : (1) DM: The cleric explains that this small chapel is the only religious establishment in the town and that they cater to the usually collection of gods ordinary townsfolk, soldiers and farmers.
[Thu Aug 31 20:29:44 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it's all on the wiki
[Thu Aug 31 20:30:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc How come I missed all tha information about htis world?
[Thu Aug 31 20:30:50 2006] : (1) DM: ...they cater to the usual collection of gods ordinary townsfolk, soldiers and farmers worship.
[Thu Aug 31 20:31:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc probably 'cos you don't read the wiki occasionally.
[Thu Aug 31 20:31:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I never even knew this information was there, or I would have read it
[Thu Aug 31 20:31:51 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I look for new stuff when I'm in work :)
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc same here
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc oh recent changes...
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:23 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra has a look around in the temple, talking to the clerics and making a nuisance of herself
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yep
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:36 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yes, like this
[Thu Aug 31 20:32:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I can't reach the web while on work
[Thu Aug 31 20:33:02 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin asks about stuff to do with undead (I'll use the skill points on next level up)
[Thu Aug 31 20:33:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Aie! What kind of horrific place do you work for?
[Thu Aug 31 20:33:35 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan listens to what Adrin is told
[Thu Aug 31 20:34:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I can't even read my mail from work, much less surf
[Thu Aug 31 20:34:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn doesn't pay too much attention, but sits in a quiet corner playing with a bit of carving and thinking.
[Thu Aug 31 20:34:50 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia listens too
[Thu Aug 31 20:35:08 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc And if I don't realise what's there, I don't go to the wiki just to read the logs. I've got them on my laptop
[Thu Aug 31 20:35:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I did send an email round when it first when live, ditto with blog.davidvrabel.org.uk
[Thu Aug 31 20:36:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: "If we're all done here lets go get our bounties"
[Thu Aug 31 20:36:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc And of course I went over then and there, had a look around and forgot about it
[Thu Aug 31 20:36:29 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc and no chocolate jokes please!
[Thu Aug 31 20:36:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sure, coconuts don't grow this far north.
[Thu Aug 31 20:37:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 31 20:37:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's ditch this stinking head"
[Thu Aug 31 20:37:52 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gets ready to follow Adrin
[Thu Aug 31 20:38:20 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: Captain Etzel can be found in castle courtyard.
[Thu Aug 31 20:38:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Up in the castle, wasn't it?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:38:46 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I read that as Pretzel :D
[Thu Aug 31 20:39:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 31 20:39:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "To the castle then"
[Thu Aug 31 20:39:19 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc thats twisted! ;)
[Thu Aug 31 20:39:37 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: ooc lol@bert
[Thu Aug 31 20:39:57 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin asks at the castle for the captain
[Thu Aug 31 20:40:30 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Captain, we have something for you"
[Thu Aug 31 20:40:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is anything happening at the blockade?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:40:37 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Aug 31 20:41:08 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: A soldier points to Etzel who's insepect some horses lined up in the courtyard.
[Thu Aug 31 20:41:51 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Captain, we have something for you"
[Thu Aug 31 20:42:18 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: (The captain looks puzzled momentarily) "Oh, you're those adventures. What do you have?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:42:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "A head"
[Thu Aug 31 20:42:45 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Lia.... "
[Thu Aug 31 20:42:52 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra shows the sack
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:03 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc oh, I though Lia had it
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:25 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc No, I have it
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:30 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: BTW, while you were about town you heard the news that the port is still blockaded.
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc she does ;)
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "We also killed a goblin vampire that seemed to be the *real* leader"
[Thu Aug 31 20:43:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "yes, and as real as those things can be"
[Thu Aug 31 20:44:01 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Urg. A grisely specimen. And the head belongs to who exactly?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:44:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "I believe he said his name was Takknr"
[Thu Aug 31 20:44:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "The goblin leader, he rode a worg"
[Thu Aug 31 20:44:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "Just before we sneaked it from his shoulders"
[Thu Aug 31 20:45:18 2006] : (4) Adrin: "That was a nasty beast"
[Thu Aug 31 20:45:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "Powerful beast actually"
[Thu Aug 31 20:46:19 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Ah. The goblin leader you say? That's the best news I've had in some time. With the goblin tribe leaderless and ineffective (and likely falling into inter tribal war), I shall be able to move forces south to deal with these troublesome southerners."
[Thu Aug 31 20:46:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "But they were as nothing compared, as I said to the *real* leader"
[Thu Aug 31 20:46:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra shudders
[Thu Aug 31 20:47:03 2006] : (3) Dan: "Captain, the real threat was a goblin vampire"
[Thu Aug 31 20:47:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That was a nasty creature and difficult to kill as well"
[Thu Aug 31 20:47:16 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "This real leader you've mentioned my scouts never reported any such creature."
[Thu Aug 31 20:47:18 2006] : (3) Dan: "Takknr was subordinate to him"
[Thu Aug 31 20:47:51 2006] : (3) Dan: "He lived in a locked cave, and presumably only came out at night"
[Thu Aug 31 20:48:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "And I imagine any scouts that did encounter him never made it back to report"
[Thu Aug 31 20:48:12 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I would say any scouts who encountered him wouldn't be reporting very much"
[Thu Aug 31 20:48:31 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "I see. Regardless, there was only the reward for this Taknnr creature."
[Thu Aug 31 20:48:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Not judging by the pile of dead bodies in front of that cave"
[Thu Aug 31 20:49:02 2006] : (3) Dan: "A pile of bones, looked like thousands of carcasses"
[Thu Aug 31 20:49:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Perhaps better employment might be found elsewhere."
[Thu Aug 31 20:49:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Ah, well, never mind. It's dead now"
[Thu Aug 31 20:50:09 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "That might be best, this town isn't yet rich enough to hire a group of adventurers."
[Thu Aug 31 20:50:31 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "I imagine you want the reward?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:50:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu Aug 31 20:50:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: "You imagine correctly"
[Thu Aug 31 20:50:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Given we have performed the requisite task, the reward would seem appropriate."
[Thu Aug 31 20:51:30 2006] : (6) Lia: "There is a reward?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:51:41 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc whats this 'we' business? :P
[Thu Aug 31 20:51:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Why else would we have gone out there?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:51:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc he doesn't need to know that :-P
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:02 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: Etzel hands over 500 gold pieces.
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "Tell me captain, would you find a use for this ever-burning torch in the garrison?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:38 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shows the torch
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:51 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I can make it a nice pair or torches"
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:55 2006] : (6) Lia: "Things against nature, disrupting nature's order, that would be a goal in itself. Mind you I won't say not to some reward"
[Thu Aug 31 20:52:59 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan removes the tin cup before showing it ;)
[Thu Aug 31 20:53:01 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "You say it burns forever? That would be useful for the gatehouses and such."
[Thu Aug 31 20:53:22 2006] : (3) Dan: "Would you be interested in buying 4?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:53:38 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "50 gold pieces each?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:54:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks a little shocked
[Thu Aug 31 20:54:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I'm sure such a profitable town could be a little more even-handed in its fiscal policy."
[Thu Aug 31 20:54:27 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think perhaps we'll see if anyone else has a better offer"
[Thu Aug 31 20:54:48 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: The captain shrugs.
[Thu Aug 31 20:55:21 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: ooc How much do you think they should be worth, Craig?
[Thu Aug 31 20:55:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Softly: "Dan, torches are cheap and this place is at war. Who's going to spend o lot of money on burning ticks?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:55:40 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc the base component for the spell is 50gp
[Thu Aug 31 20:55:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: sticks
[Thu Aug 31 20:55:53 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I know it's not actually continual flame
[Thu Aug 31 20:56:08 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc objects!
[Thu Aug 31 20:56:31 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 50 + 60 for the spell - 150gp each?
[Thu Aug 31 20:57:25 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: ooc sounds about right. so 75 gp each if you sell 'em.
[Thu Aug 31 20:57:47 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc OK
[Thu Aug 31 20:58:13 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc although with their rarity...
[Thu Aug 31 20:58:34 2006] : (6) Lia: 'Aliatra has a point"
[Thu Aug 31 20:58:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc drop it :P
[Thu Aug 31 20:59:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "Can we push you for a little more captain? 75gp each?"
[Thu Aug 31 20:59:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "They were won at great cost to us"
[Thu Aug 31 21:00:09 2006] : (4) Adrin: "and surely the Duke(?) would be very happy with such unique items"
[Thu Aug 31 21:00:20 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: The captain agrees.
[Thu Aug 31 21:00:37 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: ooc 300 gp total for all 4.
[Thu Aug 31 21:00:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "For now this adventure has cost us more than we gained from it"
[Thu Aug 31 21:00:55 2006] : (6) Lia: "Grand. Dan, you can take your money back"
[Thu Aug 31 21:01:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "640 GP"
[Thu Aug 31 21:01:39 2006] : (6) Lia: that leaves us with 160 GP to split"
[Thu Aug 31 21:01:47 2006] : (3) Dan: "Thankyou captain"
[Thu Aug 31 21:02:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And what would the brave captain have us do now?" Caraegyn manages to keep some, but not all, of the contempt out of his voice.
[Thu Aug 31 21:02:16 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed, thank you captain. Do you have any idea of who would be interested in gems? We have gathered a few along this hjourney"
[Thu Aug 31 21:02:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What news about the blockade of the harbour?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:02:45 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Unless you fancy manning the walls in a siege. I have no more work available."
[Thu Aug 31 21:02:59 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: ooc there's a gem dealer on Merchant Street if you remember.
[Thu Aug 31 21:03:17 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I don't :-) thanx
[Thu Aug 31 21:03:31 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Good day captain"
[Thu Aug 31 21:03:52 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: Etzel turns back to inspecting the horses.
[Thu Aug 31 21:04:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Good bye captain, pleasure doing business with you"
[Thu Aug 31 21:04:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra turns and leaves
[Thu Aug 31 21:04:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia goes after Aliatra
[Thu Aug 31 21:04:53 2006] : (6) Lia: "Good day"
[Thu Aug 31 21:05:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So now what do we do?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:05:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows
[Thu Aug 31 21:05:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "Let's get a drink and i'll look at the gems"
[Thu Aug 31 21:05:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Sell the gems and ask about our metal, Find an inn and get a meal and a bed. And then perhaps some R&R"
[Thu Aug 31 21:06:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yeah, I'll study them as well. Some look faliliar"
[Thu Aug 31 21:06:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We could see if our contacts in this town know of any work, or failing that see if the southerners have anything of any... interest."
[Thu Aug 31 21:06:17 2006] : (4) Adrin: "They all sound good, especially the drink"
[Thu Aug 31 21:06:19 2006] : (6) Lia: *familiar
[Thu Aug 31 21:08:04 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: You retire to the inn.
[Thu Aug 31 21:08:22 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gets some drinks in
[Thu Aug 31 21:08:50 2006] : (6) Lia: "Wine"
[Thu Aug 31 21:09:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Beer'll do me fine"
[Thu Aug 31 21:09:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Cheers Dan."
[Thu Aug 31 21:09:41 2006] : ** (3) Dan begins his bard song... Inspire Competence (+2 to skill roll, lasts for 2 minutes (take 20 permitted)) **
[Thu Aug 31 21:09:46 2006] : (3) Dan: "Let me take a look at those gems"
[Thu Aug 31 21:09:58 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc oops - function key
[Thu Aug 31 21:10:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 31 21:10:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Your health, Dan"
[Thu Aug 31 21:10:54 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan appraises the gems
[Thu Aug 31 21:10:57 2006] : (6) Lia: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Aug 31 21:11:02 2006] : (3) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Aug 31 21:11:17 2006] : (6) Lia: appraises too, taking 20 (can you take 20 on that?)
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:05 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I don't think that youcan
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc no, you can't.
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:10 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc (sadly!)
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I still dont understand why they were sacrificing people to that thing. What were they getting out of it?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:31 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc thought so.
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra akes a look as well
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn works on his spear-carving, decorating the shaft with images of vines and leaves.
[Thu Aug 31 21:12:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We're on a roll here
[Thu Aug 31 21:13:03 2006] : (1) DM: The 14 gems are an assortment of more valuble ones and cheaper ones. Totalling around 900 gp.
[Thu Aug 31 21:14:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc typo. I meant 1900 gp.
[Thu Aug 31 21:14:33 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc \o/
[Thu Aug 31 21:14:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc :)
[Thu Aug 31 21:15:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc "Bank error in your favour. Collect 1000gp."
[Thu Aug 31 21:15:37 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 31 21:15:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc heh.
[Thu Aug 31 21:15:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Aug 31 21:16:06 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 31 21:16:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think it might be best to skip over the in-character gem dealing and move straight on to what your characters plan to do next.
[Thu Aug 31 21:16:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc knowing us, I agree!
[Thu Aug 31 21:17:13 2006] : (1) DM: ooc and you may wish to open up that old message tube and read its contents.
[Thu Aug 31 21:17:22 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What is there to do in this town? I wanted to see the world, and we've only seen a bit."
[Thu Aug 31 21:17:24 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So what next? First decision is do we stay in town or leave"
[Thu Aug 31 21:17:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: oco After we find someone to mend the message?
[Thu Aug 31 21:18:00 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we were going to get Seraphina to cast mending on the paper
[Thu Aug 31 21:18:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I want a bigger town than this and someone who could tell me more about what it means to be a cleric"
[Thu Aug 31 21:18:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me has missed a lot and never properly caught up :(
[Thu Aug 31 21:18:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "And I want the woods and more time to tap into my powers"
[Thu Aug 31 21:19:13 2006] : (6) Lia: "That's a tough call"
[Thu Aug 31 21:19:17 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc phone
[Thu Aug 31 21:19:19 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia winks at Aliatra
[Thu Aug 31 21:19:26 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Seraphia will cast mending for free as a favour.
[Thu Aug 31 21:19:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "I would need to get to a town too rthoguh, I have a few things I want to lean"
[Thu Aug 31 21:20:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Afther the message has been mended, Aliatra takes it out of the tube and reads it
[Thu Aug 31 21:20:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I could do with time in a city, or time in the countryside - I am tired of this place that is neither one nor the other."
[Thu Aug 31 21:20:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc reading the message out aloud?
[Thu Aug 31 21:20:42 2006] : (6) Lia: *learn
[Thu Aug 31 21:21:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu Aug 31 21:22:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Darn. Dan, can you read this?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:22:55 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan takes a look
[Thu Aug 31 21:23:33 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc what language is it in?
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I don't know, the DM just said I couldn't read it
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "I wil need to read a spell to read this"
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc any language any of us could read?
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:38 2006] : (3) Dan: "it's the same language as the map"
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:44 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc did we rest and refresh spells?
[Thu Aug 31 21:24:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc It's the following day.
[Thu Aug 31 21:25:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ok, I'll have prepared the spell
[Thu Aug 31 21:25:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Comprehend Languages (level 1) : Understand all spoken and written language (10 minutes/level)
[Thu Aug 31 21:26:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Yep
[Thu Aug 31 21:26:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So, what does it say?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:27:08 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan reads aloud
[Thu Aug 31 21:27:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And what do the markings on the map say?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:27:15 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc still on phone
[Thu Aug 31 21:28:42 2006] : (1) The Message: The message is terse and to the point. "Additional 14 forge unit malfunctions. Attacks intensifying. Request reinforcements. Estimate can hold out for three days."
[Thu Aug 31 21:29:20 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Too little too late. they never even got the message out"
[Thu Aug 31 21:29:36 2006] : (1) DM: And that concludes the Northwatch Chronicles.
[Thu Aug 31 21:29:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "maybe Seraphina will find this useful, it's no use to us"
[Thu Aug 31 21:30:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "She'll probably like it just for the antiquity"
[Thu Aug 31 21:30:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc noooo! What happens now? :-P
[Thu Aug 31 21:30:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "She's welcome to it, tube and all"
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc wah! No level up
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I dont think there is much left for us here. Maybe we should head on"
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:18 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Ok phone call has ended now, had to take it
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc so how much money did we all get each?
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think so Adrin. We should cart our metals to a bigger town"
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:35 2006] : (1) DM: Oh, nearly forgot. 1000 end of adventure XP.
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: LOLK
[Thu Aug 31 21:32:51 2006] : (3) Dan: \o/
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:00 2006] : (3) Dan: Ka-CHINGGGGG!
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:18 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: History Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:21 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:26 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:30 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:38 2006] : (6) Lia: :(
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Are you going for bard now?
[Thu Aug 31 21:33:48 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc looks like I wasn't paying attention int he church
[Thu Aug 31 21:34:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc nope, I just learned the value of a little knowledge
[Thu Aug 31 21:34:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc no level up for another 1500xp.
[Thu Aug 31 21:34:32 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc 1900+160=206/5=???
[Thu Aug 31 21:34:43 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc 1900+160=2060/5=???
[Thu Aug 31 21:34:51 2006] : (1) DM: 412
[Thu Aug 31 21:35:46 2006] : (6) Lia: LIa goes outside of town for a few hours
[Thu Aug 31 21:35:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "Can we take some time so that I can scribe some spells before we leave? I need about 5 days"
[Thu Aug 31 21:35:56 2006] : (6) Lia: and comes back viperless
[Thu Aug 31 21:36:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "Otherwise I shall be stuck later"
[Thu Aug 31 21:36:36 2006] : (6) Lia: "I wwould need some time to ... well do things"
[Thu Aug 31 21:36:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Take your time, I'll need some time shopping and ... for other things"
[Thu Aug 31 21:36:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "Probably two weeks would be good"
[Thu Aug 31 21:37:21 2006] : (3) Dan: "Two weeks will be fine by me"
[Thu Aug 31 21:37:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "Just to recuperate and get some well earned rest"
[Thu Aug 31 21:37:49 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc although, without next level, I can't have a wolverine...
[Thu Aug 31 21:38:02 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, that too sounds good"
[Thu Aug 31 21:40:08 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 412 gold?
[Thu Aug 31 21:40:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu Aug 31 21:40:50 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc there's another 1050 in gems on the loot page
[Thu Aug 31 21:41:02 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 210 each
[Thu Aug 31 21:41:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc may as well sell them
[Thu Aug 31 21:41:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yep, makes the loot page easier to read as well ;)
[Thu Aug 31 21:42:36 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc did we sell the metal ingots?
[Thu Aug 31 21:42:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Does anyone want the small sword?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:43:03 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we need to take them to the big city with us
[Thu Aug 31 21:43:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't sell the ingots here in northwatch
[Thu Aug 31 21:43:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "You mean the one I'm carrying?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:43:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I can swing it if need be, though I prefer my spears."
[Thu Aug 31 21:43:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ah, yes. I forgot that you have it"
[Thu Aug 31 21:45:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I prefer to keep it and see if it is useful against unded or magic creatures"
[Thu Aug 31 21:45:14 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan learns what he can from Greta's spellbook, then sells it to Seraphina
[Thu Aug 31 21:45:42 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then it's all yours."
[Thu Aug 31 21:45:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc did Adrin take the armour?
[Thu Aug 31 21:46:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I think Lia has it, she's not had anything else
[Thu Aug 31 21:46:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc It was the intention Lika should get it
[Thu Aug 31 21:47:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc no problem.
[Thu Aug 31 21:47:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yes, I did
[Thu Aug 31 21:48:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc or at least I've got +1 studs. I think I got it from the bandits
[Thu Aug 31 21:48:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "If no-one minds, I will recoup wat I have spent on magical inks, then share the remaining money from the spellbook"
[Thu Aug 31 21:48:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That sounds sensible."
[Thu Aug 31 21:49:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Since your spells are useful to al of us, go ahead"
[Thu Aug 31 21:49:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "Thankyou. To keep it all seemed too much"
[Thu Aug 31 21:50:14 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 2300/5 = 460gp each
[Thu Aug 31 21:51:05 2006] : (6) Lia: "should we think about getting mounts?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:51:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Woohoo, I'm rich!
[Thu Aug 31 21:52:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc do I spend it on getting both shield and armour enchanted, or do I go for upgrading my good spear to +2?
[Thu Aug 31 21:52:44 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc if that's the kind of money you have, then I've just diddled myself
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I still only have under 3000gp and no magic items :(
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:09 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Never mind a horse, we need to cart all that metal to a larger town"
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc if you recall, the steel-bronze items require careful study to upgrade,
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "That's what I was aiming at actually"
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "the cart"
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We could stil buy horses and ride besides the cart"
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:50 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'll study it for 1500 gp ;P
[Thu Aug 31 21:53:51 2006] : (6) Lia: "I didn't see us running around with all that metal in our pack"
[Thu Aug 31 21:54:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc true, the spear's steel-bronze.
[Thu Aug 31 21:55:53 2006] : (4) Adrin: "We need a wagon and a few horses"
[Thu Aug 31 21:55:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I have under 3000; I was thinking of saving to upgrade the spear.
[Thu Aug 31 21:56:43 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Oh, OK, I thought you could do it now!
[Thu Aug 31 21:57:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc why save when you can have an electrum credit card! Just fill in the pre-approved application form!
[Thu Aug 31 21:57:27 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can we???????,,
[Thu Aug 31 21:57:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc WHERE?
[Thu Aug 31 21:57:52 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, 5 horses would be good for a start"
[Thu Aug 31 21:57:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc easy payments perpatuating into eternity
[Thu Aug 31 21:58:00 2006] : (6) Lia: "and maybe another for the cart"
[Thu Aug 31 21:58:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "2 mules for the cart, I think"
[Thu Aug 31 21:58:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "It's a heavy load, all that metal"
[Thu Aug 31 21:58:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "true"
[Thu Aug 31 21:58:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess we need to see what's available. Don't forget that the town is at war"
[Thu Aug 31 21:59:21 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Meaning that anything they have may be sold at three times its normal price, and the clothes stolen from our backs."
[Thu Aug 31 21:59:38 2006] : (1) DM: Which means the road south along the causeway is likely blockaded as well.
[Thu Aug 31 21:59:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What else is new?"
[Thu Aug 31 21:59:57 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc what lies north again?
[Thu Aug 31 22:00:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc goblins?
[Thu Aug 31 22:01:19 2006] : (4) Adrin: "How about East?"
[Thu Aug 31 22:01:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you're at the edge of the lands settled by civilized races.
[Thu Aug 31 22:01:56 2006] : (1) DM: East blocked by a large mountain range. and west is the ocean.
[Thu Aug 31 22:02:57 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It would seem that we can try to run the blockade, or try to stop the war, or travel by sea. What is it to be?"
[Thu Aug 31 22:02:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "If we want out of here, it seems our only choice in north"
[Thu Aug 31 22:03:01 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so north or...south through the blockade
[Thu Aug 31 22:03:02 2006] : (3) Dan: "well, maybe the blocakde will have lifted in a fortinght?"
[Thu Aug 31 22:03:36 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc or are we now a fortnight later?
[Thu Aug 31 22:03:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I wouldn't mind stopping a war, if it's not too much trouble"
[Thu Aug 31 22:03:42 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Only one way to find out"
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:01 2006] : (6) Lia: "Can we do this? Stop the war?"
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:07 2006] : (1) DM: A fortnight hasn't passed yet.
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:10 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "South, then, to see what awaits?"
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "I mean, I can go and loose myself in the country side"
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "and be prtty much oblivious to the war"
[Thu Aug 31 22:04:30 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I'm now humming 'Stop the cavalry' :/
[Thu Aug 31 22:05:48 2006] : (3) Dan: "I thought Lia needed some time? I need 5 days to write some spells"
[Thu Aug 31 22:07:09 2006] : (6) Lia: "I do"
[Thu Aug 31 22:07:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "But if we can be of use in this war, I might want to help"
[Thu Aug 31 22:07:30 2006] : (6) Lia: "And take time off later"
[Thu Aug 31 22:07:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We have 2 weeks to decide what to do and who knows? Perhaps events will decide for us"
[Thu Aug 31 22:07:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "None of us knows a way to be of use."
[Thu Aug 31 22:08:12 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It would seem best to wait, if you need time."
[Thu Aug 31 22:09:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "If Lia needs a second week, Seraphina and I can take a look at the steel-bronze items in that week"
[Thu Aug 31 22:10:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'll come clean, I have more money than I thought, I added new money to my old charactersheet - it had the wrong money on it to start
[Thu Aug 31 22:10:43 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, I would appreciate the time"
[Thu Aug 31 22:11:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc DM is going to have you mugged now
[Thu Aug 31 22:11:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "I need to rest in the woods, resource myself. Too much out-of-the-natural" in the late days"
[Thu Aug 31 22:12:01 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'm going to go to that blacksmith and see if I can make myself a better sword."
[Thu Aug 31 22:12:49 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks around Seraphina's for a ring of protection and maybe something else
[Thu Aug 31 22:13:21 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia vansihes into the woods
[Thu Aug 31 22:13:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I want to find out more about how clerics do what they do"
[Thu Aug 31 22:13:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra goes off to the temple
[Thu Aug 31 22:14:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc how much the the ring?
[Thu Aug 31 22:15:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc she has the "something else".
[Thu Aug 31 22:15:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ring +1, and an amulet of natural armour +1
[Thu Aug 31 22:16:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I will ask her to enchant my shield."
[Thu Aug 31 22:17:55 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc gah, the Craft item rules are horrible :(
[Thu Aug 31 22:18:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc - upgrading from a mw buckler to a +1 buckler
[Thu Aug 31 22:18:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan spends his second week studying the steelbronze items
[Thu Aug 31 22:18:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I'm going to have to go, guys - Michelle's just got in from work and she needs looking after.
[Thu Aug 31 22:18:59 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END.