Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 10 August 2006

[Thu Aug 10 19:37:47 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Aug 10 19:38:52 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is everybody alright?"
[Thu Aug 10 19:38:57 2006] : (1) DM: It's early morning an hour or so before dawn. You've survived an attack by some ghost kobolds (olol!) that killed two of the soldiers.
[Thu Aug 10 19:39:27 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc should I just show up?
[Thu Aug 10 19:39:50 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc what's the alive one called?
[Thu Aug 10 19:39:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc feel free to pretend you've been here the whole time if you wish. Or just turn up banging on the door.
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Walter
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc you and I could knock on the door together :)
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:19 2006] : (2) Dan: "So Walter, are you OK now you've had a drink?"
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:24 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc if it had been more than two days, I would have said I was gone training my animal companion. If it hasn't then no use.
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Like we would open it after this night :P
[Thu Aug 10 19:40:47 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc, ok, so we slept through the whole thing :)
[Thu Aug 10 19:41:26 2006] : (4) Lia: "I hate those eventful nights"
[Thu Aug 10 19:41:30 2006] : (1) Walter: Walter is pale and his hands tremble as they hold the glass.
[Thu Aug 10 19:41:33 2006] : (4) Lia: "I never seem to get the sleep I deserve"
[Thu Aug 10 19:41:44 2006] : (1) Walter: "I'll be okay I guess."
[Thu Aug 10 19:42:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Sleep is good, but a healthy person can go without for a while"
[Thu Aug 10 19:42:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just take your time. We're not going anywhere"
[Thu Aug 10 19:42:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Are you expecting any reinforcements any time soon?"
[Thu Aug 10 19:44:14 2006] : (1) Walter: "Rotation wasn't for another fortnight. I'll send a messanger bird in the morning. Though I doubt they'll believe the tale."
[Thu Aug 10 19:44:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: "They've no choice. You can't man this place yourself"
[Thu Aug 10 19:44:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "They'll still send somebody though"
[Thu Aug 10 19:44:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, if you need names for the report, mine is ArayDan"
[Thu Aug 10 19:45:40 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am Eollia Ash'nys Shadowhand"
[Thu Aug 10 19:45:53 2006] : (1) Walter: Walter finds a piece of paper and scrawls people's names with a shakey hand.
[Thu Aug 10 19:45:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "We've met the commander in Northwatch"
[Thu Aug 10 19:46:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Mine is Aliatra Gellantara"
[Thu Aug 10 19:46:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Aye, and mine is Adrin. We've done some work for them so it might help your case"
[Thu Aug 10 19:46:41 2006] : (1) Walter: "Ta."
[Thu Aug 10 19:46:52 2006] : (2) Dan: "You're welcome"
[Thu Aug 10 19:47:54 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan sits and reads his spellbook to memorize his spells for the day
[Thu Aug 10 19:48:18 2006] : (1) DM: ...An hour later the rising sun shines through the narrow windows of the tower.
[Thu Aug 10 19:49:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you got enough sleep to replenish your spells etc. except for those you used during the fight.
[Thu Aug 10 19:49:45 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I used scrolls
[Thu Aug 10 19:50:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I hadn't memorized any when we were disturbed
[Thu Aug 10 19:50:25 2006] : (1) DM: Walter prepares and releases a messenger bird and returns to his post on the tower top.
[Thu Aug 10 19:50:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra practices before breakfast
[Thu Aug 10 19:51:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, I guess that we should press on. Hopefully our heading to what we think is the source of the goblins, and the ghosts should lessen the risk to you wlater"
[Thu Aug 10 19:52:01 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I need to find my PHB
[Thu Aug 10 19:52:05 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc give me a minute
[Thu Aug 10 19:52:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc use the online SRD
[Thu Aug 10 19:52:45 2006] : (3) Adrin: "If they come back tonight, I'd run"
[Thu Aug 10 19:53:02 2006] : (1) DM: Walter bids you farewell as you head out northeastwards into the wilderness.
[Thu Aug 10 19:54:05 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc in my PHB is my spell list :(
[Thu Aug 10 19:54:29 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan gets into his stride as he walks, but keeps a wary eye and ear out
[Thu Aug 10 19:54:55 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Thu Aug 10 19:56:05 2006] : (1) DM: There's a rough path heading northeastwards through the rolling hills of the area. The hilltops are bare of trees and are thick with heather and tall grasses and dotted with low lying spiky bushes of gorse.
[Thu Aug 10 19:56:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra as well, walking in front, bow at the ready
[Thu Aug 10 19:56:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "I always loved the yellow flowers"
[Thu Aug 10 19:56:46 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points at the gorse
[Thu Aug 10 19:56:57 2006] : (1) DM: Trees line the smalls streams that flow along the valleys.
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:11 2006] : (1) DM: Are you following the path?
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "It amazes me that a bush so pretty could be so unpleasant to the touch"
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "They're pretty, I guess"
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:34 2006] : (4) Lia: yes
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:41 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin starts to walk slightly faster than the others to get away from them
[Thu Aug 10 19:57:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "Pretty spiky"
[Thu Aug 10 19:58:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Don't run off on your own, Adrin"
[Thu Aug 10 19:58:06 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan smiles
[Thu Aug 10 19:58:20 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc you'd never catch him :P
[Thu Aug 10 19:58:58 2006] : (1) DM: Who's leading? The path as about wide enough for two people walking abreast.
[Thu Aug 10 19:59:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I'm in front, bow in hand
[Thu Aug 10 19:59:28 2006] : (3) Adrin: muttering: "Yellow bloody flowers, hmph"
[Thu Aug 10 19:59:31 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan sticks to the middle of the group as usual, with his bow ready
[Thu Aug 10 19:59:51 2006] : (4) Lia: I'm somewhere in the middle
[Thu Aug 10 20:00:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I'm up front muttering :P
[Thu Aug 10 20:00:07 2006] : (4) Lia: so Adrin and Aliatra are in front ;)
[Thu Aug 10 20:00:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc so no one is at the back?
[Thu Aug 10 20:00:42 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc so Lia is at the back then
[Thu Aug 10 20:00:52 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin and Aliatra make spot checks.
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:08 2006] : (4) Lia: sling in hand
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:16 2006] : (3) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:25 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:36 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc oh dear
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:48 2006] : (1) DM: Everyone else make spot checks.
[Thu Aug 10 20:01:58 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:18 2006] : (4) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We're not the only blind ones
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:35 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin and Aliatra as you step forwards your here a cracking noise of breaking branches underfoot and you start to fall forwards...
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:39 2006] : (1) DM: Reflex saves.
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Thu Aug 10 20:03:57 2006] : (2) Dan: "Look out you're stepping..."
[Thu Aug 10 20:04:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Thu Aug 10 20:04:18 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you spot something coming out of the bushes to your left. It's a goblin!
[Thu Aug 10 20:04:23 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc like a pair of cats!
[Thu Aug 10 20:04:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc blind cats
[Thu Aug 10 20:04:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "Goblins!"
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Where?"
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:11 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you teeter on the edge of a pit that's opened out in front of you. Aliatra, you topple forwards and fall 6 ft into a earthern pit. Take [1d6] -> [2] = (2) damage.
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:20 2006] : (2) Dan: Dain points left
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:38 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Woooah"
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Ouch! And that on top of the 2 from last night as well
[Thu Aug 10 20:05:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What the ..."
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin leaps to the left slightly to avoid the hole
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:18 2006] : (1) DM: Initiative.
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:24 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:28 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:35 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc the dice gods are with me
[Thu Aug 10 20:06:55 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc well, keep them occupied - We dont want them :P
[Thu Aug 10 20:08:10 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 20:08:40 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, you need to roll initiative also.
[Thu Aug 10 20:09:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 20:09:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Sorry, I though I was out of it until I got out of the hole
[Thu Aug 10 20:10:20 2006] : (1) DM: Since Dan shouted a warning you're not surprised by the 5 goblins emerging from there hiding places.
[Thu Aug 10 20:10:58 2006] : (1) DM: One of the goblins seems to be the leader and he (she?) has two large fierce looking rats on leashes.
[Thu Aug 10 20:11:48 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, it's your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:12:22 2006] : (3) Adrin: draw sword and charge #5
[Thu Aug 10 20:12:49 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Aug 10 20:13:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,1,3] = (10)
[Thu Aug 10 20:13:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: +2 for charge
[Thu Aug 10 20:14:17 2006] : (1) DM: The goblin ducks under your swing.
[Thu Aug 10 20:14:31 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:15:06 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan thinks quickly..
[Thu Aug 10 20:15:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster II - Fiendish Wolf (Medium magical beast): 17hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; AC= 14; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 30ft
Fiendish Wolf attack (Smite good) Bite [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9) (treat as magical; add 2 to damage if target is good)
Trip attack Strength check:[1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12) - vs. opponent's Str or Dex check

[Thu Aug 10 20:15:47 2006] : (2) Dan: Behind the leader
[Thu Aug 10 20:16:19 2006] : (1) DM: The goblin narrowly avoids being eaten.
[Thu Aug 10 20:16:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan then moves near Ali
[Thu Aug 10 20:16:36 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:16:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan holds out his had to help her out
[Thu Aug 10 20:17:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Trying to hoist myself up out of the hole
[Thu Aug 10 20:17:06 2006] : (1) DM: Climb check, Aliatra.
[Thu Aug 10 20:17:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Thu Aug 10 20:17:28 2006] : (1) DM: You scramble out of the hole.
[Thu Aug 10 20:17:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Barely ;)
[Thu Aug 10 20:18:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "Whew, glad you got out OK"
[Thu Aug 10 20:18:09 2006] : (1) DM: You can still take an attack action if you wish.
[Thu Aug 10 20:18:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "No problem. Now let's kill some goblins"
[Thu Aug 10 20:18:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at #3
[Thu Aug 10 20:18:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Aug 10 20:19:20 2006] : (1) DM: The goblin topples backwards with a bolt driven deep in its chest.
[Thu Aug 10 20:19:51 2006] : (1) Goblin: But before it did that is tosses a javelin at Aliatra
[Thu Aug 10 20:19:56 2006] : (1) Goblin: Javelin (base): [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:09 2006] : (1) Goblin: Which misses completely.
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:19 2006] : (1) Goblin: The other goblins and creatures also attack.
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:40 2006] : (1) Goblin: Javelins at Lia (twice) and Dan
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:41 2006] : (1) Goblin: Javelin (base): [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:42 2006] : (1) Goblin: Javelin (base): [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:20:44 2006] : (1) Goblin: Javelin (base): [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:21:03 2006] : (4) Lia: hit
[Thu Aug 10 20:21:04 2006] : (2) Dan: "Aargh"
[Thu Aug 10 20:21:33 2006] : (1) Goblin: The leader stabs with his javelin at Adrin.
[Thu Aug 10 20:21:35 2006] : (1) Goblin: Morningstar (base): [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 20:21:55 2006] : (1) Goblin: and then drops it in favour of drawing his morningstar.
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:09 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:24 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: The rats circle around Adrin and jump up baring yellowed teeth.
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:32 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:33 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:22:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: 1 hit
[Thu Aug 10 20:23:20 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: Fortitude save.
[Thu Aug 10 20:23:25 2006] : (3) Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Aug 10 20:23:38 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:23:44 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia takes the blow and casts a spell
[Thu Aug 10 20:23:51 2006] : (4) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally I - Small Eagle: Spd 10 ft., Fly 80 ft., AC 15, 5 HP, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12. Low light vision.

[Thu Aug 10 20:24:06 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc can it attack already?
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc yes
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:23 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc nuts, forgot my dodge bonus :/
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:25 2006] : (4) Lia: on #1
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, summons can attack on the same round provided you can summon them next to the enemy.
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:41 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Talons (melee) [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [2] = (2), Bite (melee) [1d20-2] -> [5,-2] = (3)=>Damage: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 20:24:47 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20-2] -> [16,-2] = (14)=>Damage: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:05 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:17 2006] : (4) Lia: done
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:25 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:34 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin: Rage: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:41 2006] : (3) Adrin: attack #5
[Thu Aug 10 20:25:42 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [3,2,6] = (11)
[Thu Aug 10 20:26:04 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc aww
[Thu Aug 10 20:26:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: + flanking?
[Thu Aug 10 20:26:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Great damage though
[Thu Aug 10 20:26:39 2006] : (1) DM: A hit, The leader is sliced and diced in a spray of goblin blood.
[Thu Aug 10 20:26:53 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc can I throw oufyi into the battle? he's going towards the rats
[Thu Aug 10 20:27:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sure
[Thu Aug 10 20:27:18 2006] : (1) DM: Done?
[Thu Aug 10 20:27:30 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc 20 ft move
[Thu Aug 10 20:27:34 2006] : (3) Adrin: 5' step left
[Thu Aug 10 20:27:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: done
[Thu Aug 10 20:28:13 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Thu Aug 10 20:28:30 2006] : (2) Dan: Wolf attacks the rat
[Thu Aug 10 20:28:34 2006] : (2) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Wolf: Wolf attacks: Bite [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
Trip attack Strength check:[1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17) - vs. opponent's Str or Dex check

[Thu Aug 10 20:28:42 2006] : (1) DM: Wolf swallows the rat.
[Thu Aug 10 20:28:50 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc ewwww
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:03 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan shoots at number 4
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:09 2006] : (1) DM: Wolf is hungry and not very fussy.
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:11 2006] : (2) Dan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:17 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "Damn, I knew there was a reason why i prefer spells"
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc think of the hair ball that'll generate. Lucky its a magical wolf
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Done
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:49 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Aug 10 20:29:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at #4
[Thu Aug 10 20:30:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Aug 10 20:30:11 2006] : (1) DM: Another goblin skewer.
[Thu Aug 10 20:30:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: And moving a bit for next round
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:14 2006] : (1) DM: A goblin charges Adrin (+2 flank +2 charge)
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:19 2006] : (1) DM: Morningstar (base): [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: hit
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Argh!"
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:41 2006] : (1) DM: Barely scratching your armour.
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:47 2006] : (1) DM: Rat has a nibble
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:51 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Damn flea bites!"
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:53 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:31:59 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:06 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: remaining goblin charges Lia
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:14 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: Morningstar (base): [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:29 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc hawk gets an AoO
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:33 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: And nearly throws its weapon away.
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:42 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc eagle :P
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:46 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc eagle :P
[Thu Aug 10 20:32:55 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20-2] -> [4,-2] = (2)=>Damage: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:00 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Talons (melee) [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:00 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc talons are the primary weapon
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:18 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: ooc only one attack allowed for an AoO.
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:24 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc k
[Thu Aug 10 20:33:45 2006] : (1) Dire Rat: The eagle cuts the goblins scalp a bit.
[Thu Aug 10 20:34:09 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu Aug 10 20:34:21 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Talons (melee - primary) [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 20:34:25 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20-2] -> [16,-2] = (14)=>Damage: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:34:50 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia tucks sling and draws sickle
[Thu Aug 10 20:34:56 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc can I still attack?
[Thu Aug 10 20:35:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc using all of a monsters attacks requires a full round action. Only talons can be used if the eagle moved.
[Thu Aug 10 20:35:32 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc k so just talons then
[Thu Aug 10 20:35:42 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc only if you have quick draw
[Thu Aug 10 20:35:57 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc unless you dropped the sling
[Thu Aug 10 20:36:02 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I don't, so sickle in hand ready to bcut next round
[Thu Aug 10 20:36:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc And assume you're talking a 5 ft step back to avoid the AoO.
[Thu Aug 10 20:36:21 2006] : (4) Lia: Oufyi Bite (poison [1d6] CON - DC 11) (base): [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d4-1] -> [4,-1] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 20:36:27 2006] : (4) Lia: on R2
[Thu Aug 10 20:36:45 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:01 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:01 2006] : (4) Lia: done
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: attack R2
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:12 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [1,3,6] = (10)
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:30 2006] : (1) DM: Rat mince.
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:35 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc eww
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:48 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ditto on the eww
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:56 2006] : (1) DM: done?
[Thu Aug 10 20:37:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 10 20:38:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc not what you want in your spag bol
[Thu Aug 10 20:38:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Who cares as long as you don't know it ;)
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:01 2006] : (2) Dan: Wolf attacks the goblin
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:03 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:12 2006] : (2) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Wolf: Wolf attacks: Bite [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
Trip attack Strength check:[1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11) - vs. opponent's Str or Dex check

[Thu Aug 10 20:39:24 2006] : (2) Dan: and fumbles his teeth
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:27 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:47 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc /me updates his 'Places never to eat' list :P
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points at goblin 1
[Thu Aug 10 20:39:57 2006] : (2) Dan: Acid Splash (base): [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d3+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 20:40:34 2006] : (1) DM: Some grass sizzles and blackens.
[Thu Aug 10 20:40:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 10 20:40:46 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Aug 10 20:40:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at #1
[Thu Aug 10 20:40:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Aug 10 20:41:16 2006] : (1) DM: Miss (-4 'cos its in melee)
[Thu Aug 10 20:41:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: In melee? From an eagle above?
[Thu Aug 10 20:41:53 2006] : (1) DM: yes
[Thu Aug 10 20:42:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Weird, since that bird isn't perched on top of his head ;) Still, you're the DM
[Thu Aug 10 20:42:33 2006] : (1) Goblin: Goblin attack Lia
[Thu Aug 10 20:42:38 2006] : (1) Goblin: Morningstar (base): [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:11 2006] : (1) Goblin: The crude metal ball smacks into your thigh.
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:18 2006] : (1) Goblin: and on Adrin
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:21 2006] : (1) Goblin: Morningstar (base): [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:25 2006] : (1) Goblin: A miss.
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:37 2006] : (1) Goblin: Lia?
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:40 2006] : (4) Lia: Casts...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3) HP
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:44 2006] : (4) Lia: on myself
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:50 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin dodges the blow and laughs
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:54 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 5' step back?
[Thu Aug 10 20:43:59 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Talons (melee - primary) [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 20:44:03 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20-2] -> [3,-2] = (1)=>Damage: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 20:44:33 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc yes, 5 step back
[Thu Aug 10 20:44:34 2006] : (1) DM: The eagle opens a vein this it's talons and the goblin falls, bleeding to death.
[Thu Aug 10 20:44:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc eagles get 2 talon attacks
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:04 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc and a beak
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:13 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I don't think so
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:18 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I do
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:20 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc talons are one attacks and include both talons
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:32 2006] : (4) Lia: Oufyi Bite (poison [1d6] CON - DC 11) (base): [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d4-1] -> [2,-1] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:35 2006] : (4) Lia: on 2
[Thu Aug 10 20:45:51 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc that's for hawks
[Thu Aug 10 20:46:12 2006] : (1) DM: Oufyi misses.
[Thu Aug 10 20:46:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, eagles get two talon attacks, hawks only one.
[Thu Aug 10 20:46:42 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 20:46:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: swing at #2
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:01 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [2,5,6] = (13)
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:09 2006] : (4) Lia: Small eagle attacks: Talons (melee - primary) [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:26 2006] : (1) DM: ooc now the goblin is /really/ dead.
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:26 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc not that it does anything ;)
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:33 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc That's a relief
[Thu Aug 10 20:47:57 2006] : (1) DM: All the goblins and rats lay about in the long grass, broken and bleeding from severe wounds.
[Thu Aug 10 20:48:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc combat over
[Thu Aug 10 20:48:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "De we heal one of them a little and interrogate him?"
[Thu Aug 10 20:48:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What for?"
[Thu Aug 10 20:49:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: "let them bleed"
[Thu Aug 10 20:49:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Eh? A camouflaged pit trap has a market value of 1800 gp!
[Thu Aug 10 20:49:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc exactly how do you sell one?
[Thu Aug 10 20:50:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 10 20:50:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's like Cambridge house prices! Ludricrously over valued.
[Thu Aug 10 20:50:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 10 20:51:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, they might give us valuable information if we interrogate one"
[Thu Aug 10 20:51:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 250 XP each.
[Thu Aug 10 20:51:52 2006] : (1) DM: While you're debating they all expire from bloodloss.
[Thu Aug 10 20:52:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah well"
[Thu Aug 10 20:52:22 2006] : (4) Lia: "I guess not"
[Thu Aug 10 20:52:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "Nasy, horrible creatures anyway"
[Thu Aug 10 20:52:45 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Use your healing for those that need it"
[Thu Aug 10 20:53:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, perhaps we should proceed with a little more caution?"
[Thu Aug 10 20:54:22 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Caution be damned!"
[Thu Aug 10 20:54:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "Err, well we don't want to be running into 40 of them!"
[Thu Aug 10 20:54:54 2006] : (4) Lia: A"talking baout healing, anyone need any?"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:01 2006] : (4) Lia: "I have one spell left"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:04 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Easy meat"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "And if you and Ali had both landed in that pit, and if it had been deeper"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:23 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'm fine, but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at me before we go to sleep"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Just let's not be too eager is all"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Ah sure it'll put the day in"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:36 2006] : (4) Lia: "OK, will do"
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:43 2006] : (4) Lia: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
[Thu Aug 10 20:55:48 2006] : (4) Lia: on Aliatra
[Thu Aug 10 20:56:17 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Never mind Dan, I'm only kidding. We'll be careful"
[Thu Aug 10 20:56:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan cleans the blood from his robes with a little water and dresses his spear wound
[Thu Aug 10 20:56:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you, Lia"
[Thu Aug 10 20:57:22 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan then begins searching the corpses
[Thu Aug 10 20:57:28 2006] : (2) Dan: Taking 20 = 27
[Thu Aug 10 20:57:45 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Aug 10 20:58:31 2006] : (1) DM: The leader and a few small gems in a pouch. The rest have nothing interesting, poor quality armour and weapons.
[Thu Aug 10 20:58:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Thu Aug 10 20:59:13 2006] : (1) DM: Blue quartz, Turquoise and a moss agate. worth about 10 gp each.
[Thu Aug 10 20:59:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "There's a few gems here"
[Thu Aug 10 21:00:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Are they worth anything?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:00:31 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc mmmm Raspberry Ruffles :)
[Thu Aug 10 21:00:58 2006] : (4) Lia: "I'm not sure"
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:06 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stashes them
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "Not much, 30 gp in total maybe"
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc What are thoe?
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's go if there's nothing of interest here"
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc "chocolate covered coconut & raspberry fondant creams" apparently
[Thu Aug 10 21:01:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "I couldn't find anyting else"
[Thu Aug 10 21:02:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "Do you suppose there's anything in the bottom of the pit?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:02:27 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin cleans his sword on one of the corpses
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:07 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks for his spent arrow
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:11 2006] : (2) Dan: [1d100] -> [76] = (76)
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Damn, broken"
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah well"
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:32 2006] : (4) Lia: "I would say it is just a plain trap"
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:35 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
[Thu Aug 10 21:03:48 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia looks at the trap
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:20 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks down into the pit for anything intriguing
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:24 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:32 2006] : (1) DM: It's a simple pit dug into the ground a covered with branches and a thin layer of dirt.
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I didn't see anything when I was down"
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "I can't see anything. Shall we press on"
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:53 2006] : (2) Dan: ?
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra has a look as well
[Thu Aug 10 21:04:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 21:05:11 2006] : (1) DM: Nothing except dirt and rocks.
[Thu Aug 10 21:05:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's get a move on"
[Thu Aug 10 21:06:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan starts walking
[Thu Aug 10 21:06:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a move on
[Thu Aug 10 21:07:04 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin stays up front
[Thu Aug 10 21:08:01 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Aug 10 21:08:31 2006] : (1) DM: Same two suc... I mean adventurers leading?
[Thu Aug 10 21:09:13 2006] : (1) DM: You continue walking.
[Thu Aug 10 21:09:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: :P
[Thu Aug 10 21:09:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Of course, DM
[Thu Aug 10 21:11:35 2006] : (1) DM: As you continue onwards the path decends down into a small valley. Gnats hover in the air and their the smell of decaying vegetation around a small stream that moves sluggishly through the damp ground of the valley bottom.
[Thu Aug 10 21:11:47 2006] : (1) DM: The path becomes muddy underfoot.
[Thu Aug 10 21:12:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: How's the ground bvesides the path?
[Thu Aug 10 21:12:17 2006] : (1) DM: [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 21:12:20 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Not so nice now, eh?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:12:39 2006] : (1) DM: The ground appears somewhat marshy with reeds and the like growing in it.
[Thu Aug 10 21:12:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "No pretty yellow flowers here"
[Thu Aug 10 21:13:10 2006] : (1) DM: Continuing along the path?
[Thu Aug 10 21:13:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm sure there's something."
[Thu Aug 10 21:13:43 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan checks the map to see if he can work out where we are
[Thu Aug 10 21:13:54 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin keeps walking, watching the hillsides
[Thu Aug 10 21:14:22 2006] : (1) DM: You estimate that you're about half way between the mine and the fort tower.
[Thu Aug 10 21:14:38 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc where was the goblin camp?
[Thu Aug 10 21:14:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Where's that cave?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:29 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your foot squelches into something and as you look down you see a transparent psuedopod lash out and strike you.
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Hey!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think that we're about halfway Ali"
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:41 2006] : (1) DM: Take [1d6+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage and [1d6] -> [3] = (3) acid damage.
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:46 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:54 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:57 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 21:15:57 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20-5] -> [2,-5] = (-3)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Argh!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc The camp is now due east of you (unless I cocked up my geography)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:33 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks at Adrin and tries to work out what got him
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:39 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 21:16:53 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
[Thu Aug 10 21:17:23 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 10 21:18:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Thu Aug 10 21:18:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "This thing is a grey ooze"
[Thu Aug 10 21:18:39 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, initiative
[Thu Aug 10 21:18:44 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "How do I kill it?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "We its attacks are corrosive. Perhaps we should back off and attack at a distance?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "Or just run and leave it?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's too slow to catch us"
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:36 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Either, just dont get near it"
[Thu Aug 10 21:19:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think it may eat your weapons if you attack"
[Thu Aug 10 21:20:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's also immune to fire and cold attacks"
[Thu Aug 10 21:20:45 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:20:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We can;t leave it ti attack others, can we?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:21:02 2006] : (2) Dan: "Only goblins around here lately"
[Thu Aug 10 21:21:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Stepping back and firing at it
[Thu Aug 10 21:21:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 21:22:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc AC 5, I kid you not. A hit.
[Thu Aug 10 21:22:27 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc -5 dex :)
[Thu Aug 10 21:22:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc 5? That is a bit unbelievable
[Thu Aug 10 21:22:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc they must have DR of some sort.
[Thu Aug 10 21:22:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc one moment
[Thu Aug 10 21:23:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc probably on piercing dmg
[Thu Aug 10 21:23:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "We need to move back far enough to attack without it reaching us if we are to kill it from a distance"
[Thu Aug 10 21:24:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc nope. Immune to poison and stuff and crits.
[Thu Aug 10 21:24:22 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:24:47 2006] : (4) Lia: "hmm"
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:04 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc but if no-one successfully ID's it, you could try to melee it and lose armour, shields and weapons
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Make a reflex save for your armour Adrin.
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:12 2006] : (3) Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:32 2006] : (4) Lia: "I guess hitting it with a bullet will not help"
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:34 2006] : (4) Lia: "right"
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:44 2006] : (3) Adrin: "They are quite slow, so just stay back a bit and you'll be ok"
[Thu Aug 10 21:25:44 2006] : (4) Lia: "?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:04 2006] : (4) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's still susceptible to attacks Lia, bullets should work"
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:18 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc mw bullets
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:25 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your armour is being eaten away by the acid in the ooze's attack. It's now useless.
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:26 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc not that it changes anything
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:27 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc why is no-one listening to me?? Move away!
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:39 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc am I not away enough?
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:49 2006] : (1) DM: miss.
[Thu Aug 10 21:26:52 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc No
[Thu Aug 10 21:27:00 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin shrugs off his Armour "Damn acid!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:27:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc now you are Lia
[Thu Aug 10 21:27:23 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:27:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ali, why did you stay there? move away from it!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:28:03 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan moves back 20 feet
[Thu Aug 10 21:28:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 21:28:44 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 10 21:28:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I did move!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:29:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "You're still next to it. How is that moving away?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:29:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I never understood how saves for items work. I'd guess Adrin's magic armour would have a save bonus of uh... +5?
[Thu Aug 10 21:29:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I moved you the 5ft since you 'stepped back'
[Thu Aug 10 21:29:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just because I didn't run to the other end of the valley"
[Thu Aug 10 21:29:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc for 5th level caster?
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc /me counts it up... yeah that sounds good dm ;)
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, I did warn you. You complain if I dfon't tell you, yet when I do, you ignore my advice"
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc your armour is still ruined though Adrin.
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc :(
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:42 2006] : (4) Lia: "Can we stop bickering and try to get rid of this thing?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:43 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I can never remember that stuff Dm
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Stop that! Would you rather I let that thing attack and kill you?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:30:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc what was the save?
[Thu Aug 10 21:31:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "I told you, it can't catch us if we move away. How's it going to kill me?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:31:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually what's your dex? does it even matter?
[Thu Aug 10 21:31:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc does /anyone/ know these rules?
[Thu Aug 10 21:31:36 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc +3
[Thu Aug 10 21:31:48 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc /me looks at the DM
[Thu Aug 10 21:33:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc +2 +1/2 caster level +dex (for the heck of it 'cos you're wearing it). You armour is saved.
[Thu Aug 10 21:33:37 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc \o/
[Thu Aug 10 21:33:42 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: 5ft step back them move away 20ft
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:25 2006] : (3) Adrin: draw bow if I can, then done
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc can't 5 ft step if you move. just move away as a full round action to avoid the AoO.
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Muttering: "Move away he says, so I move away and then he starts yelling at me for not moving"
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: ok, do that then
[Thu Aug 10 21:34:57 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc though you needed the 5ft step to avoid AoO
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:16 2006] : (1) DM: The ooze ponderously slides over to Aliatra and lashes out with a psuedopod
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:23 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "I said back off and attack at a distance. Not move away. It's not my fault if you don't understand simple instructions"
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:28 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:39 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:46 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc move damn you!
[Thu Aug 10 21:35:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Withdrawing
[Thu Aug 10 21:36:09 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc can we lure it into that pit? ;)
[Thu Aug 10 21:36:19 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Aug 10 21:36:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: What pit? Didn't we leave that miles behind us?
[Thu Aug 10 21:36:39 2006] : (1) DM: As you back away you feet start to sink into the soft ground of the marsh.
[Thu Aug 10 21:36:57 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:07 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc the pit was still on the map :)
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:22 2006] : (4) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:26 2006] : (4) Lia: mw bullets
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:31 2006] : (1) DM: A hit.
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Which was why I never move my miniature. I wasn't sure what situation the map represented
[Thu Aug 10 21:37:49 2006] : (1) DM: done?
[Thu Aug 10 21:38:36 2006] : (4) Lia: yes, moved back
[Thu Aug 10 21:38:43 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:39:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Small magical beast): 8hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 6; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d4+4] -> [2,4] = (6) (treat as magical)

[Thu Aug 10 21:39:29 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc south of the ooze, in front of Ali
[Thu Aug 10 21:39:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc just by the ooze I mean
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc -1 to damage if it's not evil
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:12 2006] : (1) DM: As the dog bites the ooze you see it's mouth blister and burn from the acid.
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:12 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Awww, the poor beastie
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sorry, you poor thing"
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:41 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc it's resistant to acid
[Thu Aug 10 21:40:51 2006] : (1) DM: [1d6-5] -> [2,-5] = (-3) acid damage to the dog.
[Thu Aug 10 21:41:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no blistering then.
[Thu Aug 10 21:41:15 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Aug 10 21:41:46 2006] : (3) Adrin: draw my bow, and shoot
[Thu Aug 10 21:42:03 2006] : (3) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 21:42:49 2006] : (1) DM: Its leaking protoplasm badly from several cuts in its outer membrane
[Thu Aug 10 21:42:53 2006] : (1) DM: done?
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:01 2006] : (3) Adrin: yup
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:19 2006] : (1) DM: The Ooze attacks the dog. [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:30 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Moving and shooting
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Aug 10 21:43:47 2006] : (1) DM: Your boot have sunk into the muddy, marshy ground, str check to move.
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc you can't move and shoot a crossbow
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:01 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:19 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Just moving then
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Can I reach the path?
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:34 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc crossbows suck :(
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can move but only half your speed.
[Thu Aug 10 21:44:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc i.e., 20 ft total in a full round.
[Thu Aug 10 21:45:31 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:45:40 2006] : (4) Lia: aiming at the ooze
[Thu Aug 10 21:45:48 2006] : (4) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Aug 10 21:45:57 2006] : (4) Lia: mw bullets
[Thu Aug 10 21:45:58 2006] : (1) DM: *plip*
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:12 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:20 2006] : (2) Dan: Augmented Celestial Dog: Dog attacks: Bite [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:42 2006] : (1) DM: [1d6-5] -> [5,-5] = (0) damage to the dog.
[Thu Aug 10 21:46:54 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: same again
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20) ===> Damage: [3d6+0] -> [5,4,6,0] = (15)
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:20 2006] : (1) DM: not affected by crits i'm afraid.
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc why do I always get crits on stuff that immune?
[Thu Aug 10 21:47:51 2006] : (1) DM: The Ooze weakly waves a psuedopod at the dog. [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu Aug 10 21:48:01 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 10 21:48:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Aug 10 21:48:47 2006] : (1) DM: The ooze bursts and the jelly like fluid splashes and and slowly soaks into the ground.
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:14 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Everyone ok?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "Thankyou Caspar!"
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:26 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Fine"
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "That's the dog by the way"
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:34 2006] : (1) DM: 340 XP each.
[Thu Aug 10 21:49:57 2006] : (4) Lia: ka'ching
[Thu Aug 10 21:50:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ali, are you OK? I'm sorry for being annoyed, but you got so angry at me last time"
[Thu Aug 10 21:50:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc someone had better *kerching* 'cos I'm out of monster ideas.
[Thu Aug 10 21:50:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I get angry at anyone that treats me as an idiot, Don't take it personally"
[Thu Aug 10 21:51:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, I take it personally when you expect me to tell you information, but then ignore it"
[Thu Aug 10 21:51:49 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Look, everyone's ok so relax"
[Thu Aug 10 21:51:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I DID NOT IGNORE IT"
[Thu Aug 10 21:52:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I did moe back when you told me ot, I just didn't realise how far it was necessary to do so"
[Thu Aug 10 21:53:15 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan doesn't look convinced
[Thu Aug 10 21:53:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "Right, well I guess the sooner we move on, the better"
[Thu Aug 10 21:53:38 2006] : (1) DM: The buzzing gnats irritate you.
[Thu Aug 10 21:54:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Lets go"
[Thu Aug 10 21:54:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Yes'let's"
[Thu Aug 10 21:54:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra seems a bit depreseed
[Thu Aug 10 21:54:51 2006] : (1) DM: You soon climb out of these unpleasant valley and head out onwards.
[Thu Aug 10 21:55:08 2006] : (4) Lia: "Wow, that was what I call an eventful morning"
[Thu Aug 10 21:55:17 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'm glad to be out of that valley. Too murky"
[Thu Aug 10 21:55:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "There's so much in the world that wants us dead"
[Thu Aug 10 21:55:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc aka a level-up-Lia-morning ;)
[Thu Aug 10 21:55:54 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc :D
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:05 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am not even sure they want us dead"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:16 2006] : (4) Lia: "they're just playing their life of nasty things"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Oh not so much. Most just want to live"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'd like some more enemies like those goblins, just plain fighting"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:24 2006] : (4) Lia: "and that include getting us out of the way"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Its just that living may involve us dieing"
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:32 2006] : (1) DM: Towards the end of the end of the day you crest and small rise and look down onto a curious landscape
[Thu Aug 10 21:56:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "That thing wanted to eat us. I'd rather nto be alive for that"
[Thu Aug 10 21:57:40 2006] : (2) Dan: "What a curious landscape"
[Thu Aug 10 21:57:42 2006] : (1) DM: Numerous almost conical mounds dot the area, and lying between the mounds appear to be twisted and broken constructions of some sort.
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:00 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Anyone any ideas about this?"
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:20 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: History Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:26 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:28 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That is something else, to say the least"
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Thu Aug 10 21:58:38 2006] : (1) DM: (Looking at the setting sun to your right you guess dusk is only half an hour away.)
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:17 2006] : (4) Lia: "This is a strange landscape"
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:19 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:26 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I think that the Knowledge Geography skill may be broken. I have no ranks, so it should fail
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:32 2006] : (4) Lia: "It does not look natural in any way"
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:36 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc same here
[Thu Aug 10 21:59:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Well, whatever it is, I think we should find somewhere to camp for the night"
[Thu Aug 10 22:00:10 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 10 22:00:12 2006] : (4) Lia: "I reckon the hand of man had something to do with it"
[Thu Aug 10 22:00:38 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc geography is marked as untrained in the xml
[Thu Aug 10 22:00:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Not down there, we can't see a thing coming between those mounds"
[Thu Aug 10 22:00:53 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Aug 10 22:01:10 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc just checked that, i think it's one I added for 3.5e, I must have made a small mistake
[Thu Aug 10 22:01:57 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc nope, not one of mine, but broken nonetheless
[Thu Aug 10 22:02:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "Shall we make camp?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:02:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have no ideas about where's a good spot. Anyone?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:02:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Not on top of this hill. Back a bit, out of sight"
[Thu Aug 10 22:03:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan follows Adrin
[Thu Aug 10 22:03:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And now to found some place more or less level, so we don't roll off"
[Thu Aug 10 22:04:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc You know the terrain by now, so just choose where you're camping, e.g., near the trees, the exposed hill top or in a marsh etc.
[Thu Aug 10 22:05:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Near the trees sounds fine
[Thu Aug 10 22:05:37 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I guess so
[Thu Aug 10 22:05:42 2006] : (4) Lia: "Near the trees would be good"
[Thu Aug 10 22:05:52 2006] : (4) Lia: "I don't trust marches much"
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:07 2006] : (4) Lia: "and on the exposed hilltop does not make much sense"
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "Nor I Lia. They're all too boggy for a good night's rest"
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:16 2006] : (4) Lia: "unless we want to be easy prey"
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:24 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:33 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia looks around for the best spot
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:42 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I think it's survival for that
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:42 2006] : (1) DM: Trees
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:55 2006] : (4) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
[Thu Aug 10 22:06:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
[Thu Aug 10 22:07:01 2006] : (1) DM: Trees again.
[Thu Aug 10 22:07:15 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I meant the best spot near the trees
[Thu Aug 10 22:07:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks for a good spot
[Thu Aug 10 22:07:51 2006] : (1) DM: You settle down to camp for the night, sheltering under some medium sized decidous trees, a small stream burbles close by.
[Thu Aug 10 22:07:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "How about here, Lia?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:08:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan refills his waterskin
[Thu Aug 10 22:08:31 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia paces around the place and takes the lay of the land in her mind
[Thu Aug 10 22:08:34 2006] : (3) Adrin: "If anyone has some healing spells left over, I'd appreciate them"
[Thu Aug 10 22:08:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan then sits on his bedroll with his back to a tree
[Thu Aug 10 22:09:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Watches eeem to be in order, this close to enemy territory"
[Thu Aug 10 22:10:07 2006] : (4) Lia: "indeed. I don't mind starting"
[Thu Aug 10 22:10:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "Agreed"
[Thu Aug 10 22:10:42 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'll take last watch"
[Thu Aug 10 22:10:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is there anyone here not capable of standing watch?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:11:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm not badly injured"
[Thu Aug 10 22:12:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'll take second watch"
[Thu Aug 10 22:12:20 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I have a few cuts, but nothing serious"
[Thu Aug 10 22:12:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "If no-one minds"
[Thu Aug 10 22:13:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I seem to recall that some spellcasters need a full night's sleep to cast. Is that true?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:13:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, I just need rest"
[Thu Aug 10 22:13:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "If we are constantly disturbed we may have trouble, but even then I still have most of todays spells memorized"
[Thu Aug 10 22:14:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I was just asking in general. So did I remember wrong then?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:14:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "I don't know about Lia"
[Thu Aug 10 22:14:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess so."
[Thu Aug 10 22:14:57 2006] : (4) Lia: "I need to rest, yes"
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc druids just need to hugs trees or something in the morning I thought?
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:44 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc :)
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:48 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc lucky we're camped beside some then
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:48 2006] : (4) Lia: aooc and rest
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "As long as I get 8 hours of rest, with no fighting, I should be fine. If we are interrupted, I need to rest maybe an hour longer to recompose myself"
[Thu Aug 10 22:15:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc You should know, David :)
[Thu Aug 10 22:16:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "As it is I will begin resting while Lia is on watch"
[Thu Aug 10 22:17:16 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan closes his eyes and looks very peaceful in no tim
[Thu Aug 10 22:17:24 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin lays down to sleep
[Thu Aug 10 22:18:04 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia takes watch
[Thu Aug 10 22:18:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra offers a prayer to Kord before turning in
[Thu Aug 10 22:19:15 2006] : (1) DM: The night passes uneventfully, withonly the movement of nocturnal wildlife disturbing the watchers.
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:02 2006] : (1) DM: The new day starts with a light mist.
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:05 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia wakes up and takes some time to hug the trees
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:24 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin gets up and does some stretches
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets up and does her exercises
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Right lets see what those things were"
[Thu Aug 10 22:20:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Fancy some sparring, Adrin?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:21:00 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan memorizes the three spells that he cast yesterday
[Thu Aug 10 22:22:50 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'd rather see what those cone things were. They've got me puzzled"
[Thu Aug 10 22:22:59 2006] : (1) DM: The mist thickens into a light fog.
[Thu Aug 10 22:23:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We've got the time until Dan's finished. We can't move before that"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "i'm done"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "i'm done"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "But you can recconoitre if you wish"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "But maybe we should just all head off?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:52 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Everybody ready to go?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:24:58 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am"
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:24 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:28 2006] : (3) Adrin: "strength in numbers"
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:31 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan packs up, dons his pack and smiles.
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:34 2006] : (3) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:35 2006] : (4) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm ready"
[Thu Aug 10 22:25:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Aug 10 22:26:09 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Then let's move out"
[Thu Aug 10 22:26:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the lead, sword in hand
[Thu Aug 10 22:26:58 2006] : (1) DM: As you reach the top of the hill again you see that the mysterious mounds are concealed in the fog.
[Thu Aug 10 22:27:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "Is it me, or does that look ominous?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:27:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I don't like this. I prefer to see whare I'm going"
[Thu Aug 10 22:27:58 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Its not just you"
[Thu Aug 10 22:27:59 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Thu Aug 10 22:28:10 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia tries to make something of the mounds
[Thu Aug 10 22:28:32 2006] : (1) DM: Er. you can't see them in the fog.
[Thu Aug 10 22:28:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "But what can we do about it? Wait until the fog lifts? I think not"
[Thu Aug 10 22:29:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "In that case, onwards?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:29:18 2006] : (4) Lia: "I guess not"
[Thu Aug 10 22:29:23 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We just have te be careful to not get lost"
[Thu Aug 10 22:29:29 2006] : (4) Lia: "Yes, let us go"
[Thu Aug 10 22:29:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra moves on, cautiously
[Thu Aug 10 22:30:42 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin sticks close by her
[Thu Aug 10 22:30:58 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Aug 10 22:31:09 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stays close too
[Thu Aug 10 22:31:26 2006] : (1) DM: The large mounds loom into view out of the fog.
[Thu Aug 10 22:31:31 2006] : (2) Dan: "hold on, I'd feel safer in there if I have my armour on"
[Thu Aug 10 22:32:00 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 3 hours
[Thu Aug 10 22:32:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is that going to take long?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:32:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, it's done"
[Thu Aug 10 22:32:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I thought you were talking of regular armour"
[Thu Aug 10 22:32:45 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra proceeds
[Thu Aug 10 22:33:11 2006] : (4) Lia: Casts...: Barskin +3 natural armour
[Thu Aug 10 22:33:57 2006] : (4) Lia: for 30 min
[Thu Aug 10 22:35:14 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps peering into the fog trying to see anything at all
[Thu Aug 10 22:35:44 2006] : (1) DM: As you move closer you see the twisted rusty metal girders lying between the mounds -- the "skeletons" of some inconcievably large metal structure.
[Thu Aug 10 22:36:34 2006] : (4) Lia: "wow"
[Thu Aug 10 22:36:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "This is all most odd"
[Thu Aug 10 22:36:46 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I wonder what this used to be"
[Thu Aug 10 22:36:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Who put them here and why?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:37:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "Looks like a building. but who makes buildings out of metal?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:37:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "This place is creepy. Let's clean it up and head back for town"
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:05 2006] : (1) DM: The complete silence of the area is broken is broken by a harsh snarl.
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "The magic required to move those metal pillars must have been enormous."
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Shh"
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:43 2006] : (3) Adrin: "What made that noise?"
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:49 2006] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:54 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am not so sure I want to know"
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I think we've got company"
[Thu Aug 10 22:38:56 2006] : (1) DM: Looking at the source of the sound you see a small humanoid mounted on a large fierce wolf-like creature with burning red eyes padding over the top of a small mound in front of you.
[Thu Aug 10 22:39:36 2006] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
[Thu Aug 10 22:40:27 2006] : (1) Goblin rider: (It speaks in broken common with a harsh guttural accent) "Humans!"
[Thu Aug 10 22:40:46 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan speaks in goblin"Goblin"
[Thu Aug 10 22:41:26 2006] : (1) Goblin rider: "You come to die, humans! Taknnr feast on blood today!"
[Thu Aug 10 22:41:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I don't think so"
[Thu Aug 10 22:42:04 2006] : (1) Goblin rider: It shouts something in goblinoid: "Attack! Attack!"
[Thu Aug 10 22:42:09 2006] : (2) Dan: in goblin "Your entrails will be laid bare for the carrion crows"
[Thu Aug 10 22:42:29 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am pretty sure this is not good"
[Thu Aug 10 22:42:38 2006] : (4) Lia: "This is a bworg, and those are fierce"
[Thu Aug 10 22:42:39 2006] : (1) Goblin rider: On all sounds you near movement and the warcries of more goblins.
[Thu Aug 10 22:43:17 2006] : (1) Goblin rider: On all sides you near movement and the warcries of more goblins.
[Thu Aug 10 22:43:27 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END