Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 03 August 2006

[Thu Aug 3 19:28:22 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Aug 3 19:29:30 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think that we should have used some of our money to acquire horses."
[Thu Aug 3 19:29:38 2006] : (1) DM: You're approaching one of the forts of the Line from the south. It's a short, squat stone tower beside a wooden gate. Earthen ramparts topped with a stone wall stretch out either side.
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do you want to go back and buy one?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "Still, maybe there weren't any for sale in Northwatch"
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:20 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I misread that as buy one of the forts!
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Aug 3 19:30:54 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc have we rested since the bear attacked?
[Thu Aug 3 19:31:05 2006] : (1) DM: No.
[Thu Aug 3 19:31:18 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc what time of day is it now?
[Thu Aug 3 19:31:35 2006] : (1) DM: The sun is just about to set.
[Thu Aug 3 19:32:33 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Should we ask for shelter at the fort?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:32:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's rest at the fort"
[Thu Aug 3 19:32:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "Is it occupied?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:33:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Only one way to find out"
[Thu Aug 3 19:33:37 2006] : (1) DM: The setting sun shines off the helmet of someone on top of the tower.
[Thu Aug 3 19:33:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc really crappy picture above.
[Thu Aug 3 19:34:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "But it does look lived it"
[Thu Aug 3 19:34:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra points at the helmet
[Thu Aug 3 19:34:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "Oh yes, I see him. Perhaps we should knock then?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:34:43 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "March up to the gate, and knock, if you ask me."
[Thu Aug 3 19:34:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "Agreed"
[Thu Aug 3 19:35:12 2006] : (1) DM: There is also a smaller door into the tower.
[Thu Aug 3 19:35:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Worst case scenario we sleep on grass tonight"
[Thu Aug 3 19:36:37 2006] : (1) DM: You march up to the door and knock.
[Thu Aug 3 19:36:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks up to the small door
[Thu Aug 3 19:37:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You just *had* to beat me to it, didn't you?
[Thu Aug 3 19:37:41 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: The look out on the tower leans out and peers down at you.
[Thu Aug 3 19:37:54 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc of course.
[Thu Aug 3 19:38:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hello! Can we come in?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:38:23 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Well, you don't /look/ like Nedal soldiers. What's your business here?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:38:39 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "We travel North."
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Seeing if we can do something about the problems ther"
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:04 2006] : (2) Dan: "We are trying to collect the bounty on the goblin leader"
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: there
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:16 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "What? Into goblin territory? Are you some of those crazy adventuring types?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:33 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Something like that, yes."
[Thu Aug 3 19:39:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks passive
[Thu Aug 3 19:40:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Some people would call us that"
[Thu Aug 3 19:40:17 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "You probably don't want to cross the Line now at dusk. Give me a moment and I'll get the door opened."
[Thu Aug 3 19:40:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Thank you so much"
[Thu Aug 3 19:41:03 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "We are grateful."
[Thu Aug 3 19:41:30 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: The look out disapears from sight and a few moments later the door opens, Walter ushers you into a round room a a few pieces of rough furniture and boxes and supplied.
[Thu Aug 3 19:41:45 2006] : (2) Dan: "Thankyou"
[Thu Aug 3 19:42:03 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Three soldiers are sat at a table dicing.
[Thu Aug 3 19:42:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It looks alright here, for a watch tower"
[Thu Aug 3 19:42:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Does it get very lonely here?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:42:28 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Aye, These towers are well built affairs."
[Thu Aug 3 19:42:58 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Walter shrugs
[Thu Aug 3 19:43:24 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Better than hanging around castle keeping your gear polished."
[Thu Aug 3 19:43:37 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "How much action is there?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:43:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Thu Aug 3 19:43:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I haven't met a warrior yet that enjoys polishing"
[Thu Aug 3 19:44:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc nudge nudge wink wink
[Thu Aug 3 19:44:13 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan is quiet but observant
[Thu Aug 3 19:44:21 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Occasional goblin raid. They're right sneaky buggers -- they climb the ramparts at night when no one can see em in the dark."
[Thu Aug 3 19:44:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Shame on you! Luckily I don't understand what you're implying there
[Thu Aug 3 19:44:43 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc "action"
[Thu Aug 3 19:45:25 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Do you know which direction they come from?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:45:57 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "North of course." Walter looks at you like you might be simple.
[Thu Aug 3 19:46:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Aye, but where to the north?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:47:14 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "We've been keeping our eye on a good bunch of them in a valley to the north east of here."
[Thu Aug 3 19:47:33 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then that is most likely where we are going."
[Thu Aug 3 19:47:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "When it's light, of course"
[Thu Aug 3 19:48:07 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "You'll find the Goblin leader you're after there. But you don't want to go there. There's a good 30-40 goblins in that camp."
[Thu Aug 3 19:48:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The better to draw them off then."
[Thu Aug 3 19:48:43 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Eh?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:49:02 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Aye, we sneak up on them, cause a rockslide, bury the lot of them."
[Thu Aug 3 19:49:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, I believe a little cloak and dagger would be better than a direct assult"
[Thu Aug 3 19:49:53 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Uh... you're obviously not familar with the land round these parts. Not too many cliffs and the like."
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "What nature of valley is it then?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I prefer slashing and bashing myself, but you might be right"
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:29 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL @ Henry
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then it's settled! Ali can be a diversion, while the two of us survive to collect the bounty. Objections?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:48 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: ooc Um. One without cliffs and tocks?
[Thu Aug 3 19:50:51 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn grins
[Thu Aug 3 19:51:23 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "If you want my advise..."
[Thu Aug 3 19:51:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatrat threatens Caraegyn with her sword, before putting it away alughung
[Thu Aug 3 19:51:46 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan waits expectantly...
[Thu Aug 3 19:51:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra listens intently
[Thu Aug 3 19:53:22 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "We've been watching the camp for some time now and regularly the leader with a small squad of 4 to 6 heads north."
[Thu Aug 3 19:53:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Go on, that sounds interesting"
[Thu Aug 3 19:54:36 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "We're not right sure where they go since it's too risky to scout too far north. but we do know they take a kobold prisoner all trussed up with them."
[Thu Aug 3 19:54:53 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The same prisoner each time?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:55:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Like a bribe or a dacrifice, maybe?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:55:27 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Kobold all look alike but I reckon not since they never return."
[Thu Aug 3 19:56:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hmmm. How long do they stay away?"
[Thu Aug 3 19:56:41 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Normally return the following day."
[Thu Aug 3 19:57:02 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sounds like sacrifice is correct Ali"
[Thu Aug 3 19:58:12 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "Aye."
[Thu Aug 3 19:58:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So: on the way there or back? De we safe a kobold or not? Do we first try to find out where they're going and why?"
[Thu Aug 3 20:00:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "If we capture the Kobold, I can interrogate him and find out what the argument is between them and the golbins"
[Thu Aug 3 20:02:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "In any case I think it better to kill the kobold ourselves than allow it to be sacrificed"
[Thu Aug 3 20:02:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I would like to know where they're going and why, though. There might be an adversary we don't even know about"
[Thu Aug 3 20:04:30 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Walter rummages around in a cupboard and pulls out a parchment. He unrolls it on the table and weights it down with a dagger and a plate from the table.
[Thu Aug 3 20:04:40 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: It's a rough map of the area.
[Thu Aug 3 20:04:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And said adversary may be the enemy of our enemy."
[Thu Aug 3 20:05:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If our enemy is bringing him sacrifices?"
[Thu Aug 3 20:05:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes and takes a look at the map
[Thu Aug 3 20:06:33 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan studies the map too
[Thu Aug 3 20:06:56 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Walter points to the map, "Here's the camp and somewhere here is where the leader goes", he says dragging a finger across the map.
[Thu Aug 3 20:08:31 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: ooc no one going to take the hint?
[Thu Aug 3 20:08:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then that is where we should go."
[Thu Aug 3 20:09:27 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Int checks.
[Thu Aug 3 20:09:35 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "If we are waiting for him, we can set an ambush. Is there any pattern to his timing?"
[Thu Aug 3 20:09:38 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu Aug 3 20:09:39 2006] : (2) Dan: Int check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu Aug 3 20:09:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets pen and paper and sketdches a quicjk copy of the map
[Thu Aug 3 20:10:29 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: ooc Aliatra, int check.
[Thu Aug 3 20:10:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Aug 3 20:11:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Sorry
[Thu Aug 3 20:12:08 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: "You're welcome to bunk down here for the night, help yourself to the ale and food if you wish."
[Thu Aug 3 20:12:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Thank you, I don't mind if I do"
[Thu Aug 3 20:13:33 2006] : (1) Watcher Walter: Walter heads up the ladder to the upper floors and presumable back to his watch duties.
[Thu Aug 3 20:13:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Does this map look anything like the map we *found*?"
[Thu Aug 3 20:14:30 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes the map out and compares it
[Thu Aug 3 20:15:46 2006] : (1) DM: Yes, they're similar (being the same location). Interestingly, in this vicinity of where Walter indicated where the leader went is the location of the mine on the ancient map.
[Thu Aug 3 20:16:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "So, it looks like the mine is where they go"
[Thu Aug 3 20:16:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "We were headed that way anywya"
[Thu Aug 3 20:16:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We might as well go there first and wait for them"
[Thu Aug 3 20:16:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "First thing tomorrow then."
[Thu Aug 3 20:18:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I must sqy: the watchers here are mighty friendly, considering they're at war"
[Thu Aug 3 20:18:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc brb
[Thu Aug 3 20:18:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's because you're not goblins or bears.
[Thu Aug 3 20:18:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 3 20:18:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan gets out his pens and inks and does some scribing before retiring and trancing
[Thu Aug 3 20:19:56 2006] : (1) DM: All going to sleep?
[Thu Aug 3 20:20:40 2006] : (1) DM: or trancing as appropriate
[Thu Aug 3 20:20:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Aug 3 20:21:19 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Yep
[Thu Aug 3 20:21:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc one moment
[Thu Aug 3 20:23:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I've just had a rather cool idea. But it involves creating a creature. Do you mind waiting for 15-20 mins or so?
[Thu Aug 3 20:24:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Not at all, I'll wait :)
[Thu Aug 3 20:24:28 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc no problem; gives me time to cook dinner!
[Thu Aug 3 20:25:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Michelle doesn't cook for you? What kind of woman is she? ;)
[Thu Aug 3 20:25:25 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc no prob... need the loo and I can decide on my spells for the day
[Thu Aug 3 20:37:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'm sort of ready.
[Thu Aug 3 20:38:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Sort of? Would you like a bit more time?
[Thu Aug 3 20:38:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc not really. Want to get to slaying you all. *evil chuckle*
[Thu Aug 3 20:40:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Arrghh! It's the evil DM! Run waway now!
[Thu Aug 3 20:43:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Aug 3 20:47:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc ready!
[Thu Aug 3 20:47:18 2006] : (2) Dan: ok ready
[Thu Aug 3 20:47:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc Michelle is currently a not-very-well-feeling woman. She wants tea and sympathy, and I'm here instead.
[Thu Aug 3 20:48:41 2006] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Thu Aug 3 20:48:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You have some making up to do, then ;)
[Thu Aug 3 20:48:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Aug 3 20:48:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Aug 3 20:48:58 2006] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Aug 3 20:49:02 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu Aug 3 20:49:28 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc ol' pointy ears hears a bat whisper.
[Thu Aug 3 20:49:41 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:00 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn is woken up and Dan is startled from his trance by a loud bang from nearby.
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan picks up his scrolls and reads one quickly
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:35 2006] : (1) DM: You both look towards the source of the sound and notice the trapdoor to the upper floors has just slammed shut.
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:35 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn wakes Aliatra, then grabs his spears.
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:46 2006] : (1) DM: ooc hold on.
[Thu Aug 3 20:50:55 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative everyone.
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:02 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:17 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc bleah :-P
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:33 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Aug 3 20:51:43 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc that should be +4 so it's 13
[Thu Aug 3 20:52:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc whatever, it's more than 5 ;)
[Thu Aug 3 20:52:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 3 20:53:10 2006] : (1) DM: Next you hear a frightful moan from the upper floors followed up screams of terror.
[Thu Aug 3 20:53:22 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn and Dan roll will saves.
[Thu Aug 3 20:53:30 2006] : (2) Dan: Will save: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Thu Aug 3 20:53:30 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Aug 3 20:55:11 2006] : (1) DM: The sound reaches deep into some primitive part of your mind Caraegyn. The usually supressed ancient fear of unwholsome dark places.
[Thu Aug 3 20:55:23 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, you're panicked for [2d4] -> [1,2] = (3) rounds.
[Thu Aug 3 20:55:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc dammit!
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:26 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, it would be your turn but you're scrabbled in terror at the door, trying to open it and get away.
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:35 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra sleep on a while longer.
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:39 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan picks up his scrolls and reads one quickly
[Thu Aug 3 20:56:54 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 1 hour only
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you regained all your spell and so on as you slept enough for a full nights rest,
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:33 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stands, takes a 5 foot step then kicks Ali
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:44 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra is awakened.
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:48 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done, and the scroll is OK
[Thu Aug 3 20:57:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: 'Ouch!\What are you doing"
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra sits up and grabs her sword
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "wake up, something's happening"
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:29 2006] : (1) DM: Above you you hear one of the screams of terror from the soldier cease abrutly and then a thump of someone landing on the wooden floor.
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:53 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, you bruise you finger on the door.
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:56 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think it's upstairs, something's frightening the guards"
[Thu Aug 3 20:58:59 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 20:59:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets up and goes to the door
[Thu Aug 3 20:59:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We'd better help them, then"
[Thu Aug 3 20:59:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc which door? The one to the outside or the trap door to the upper floors?
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc The door to the upper floors
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "You're unarmoured, do you need a hand puttin gon your breastplate?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do we have time? They might be dead by the time we get there"
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:36 2006] : (1) DM: You try the trapdoor. It's been barred from the otherside. You could try and force it.
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan shouts at Car
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:43 2006] : (2) Dan: "Stop panicking!"
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Trying to force it
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:58 2006] : (1) DM: Str check
[Thu Aug 3 21:00:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Take 20?
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:31 2006] : (1) DM: You shove but not hard enough.
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:35 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc that's the equivalent of taking 20 turns in combat!
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Trying again
[Thu Aug 3 21:01:40 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:02:16 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan goes to Car's stuff and quickly searches for the opening stone
[Thu Aug 3 21:02:22 2006] : (2) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu Aug 3 21:02:33 2006] : (1) DM: You find in an outside pocket.
[Thu Aug 3 21:02:57 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points it at the trapdoor and activates it, time allowing?
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:14 2006] : (1) DM: No. Searching is a full round action.
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have the opeining stone Ali"
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan slaps Car to try to calm his hysteria
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:44 2006] : (1) DM: Above another scream is abruptly cut off.
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Then use it!"
[Thu Aug 3 21:03:56 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:04:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Trying again
[Thu Aug 3 21:04:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu Aug 3 21:04:25 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra gives the trapdoor a might heave and it bursts open.
[Thu Aug 3 21:04:36 2006] : (1) DM: You can climb up into the next floor if you wish.
[Thu Aug 3 21:05:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Going up!
[Thu Aug 3 21:05:29 2006] : (1) DM: Choose which direction to go once you're up.
[Thu Aug 3 21:05:56 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, this room contains a number of rough beds and a further ladder leading up.
[Thu Aug 3 21:06:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Standing besides the stairs, to get a good look at the place
[Thu Aug 3 21:06:51 2006] : (1) DM: In the centre of the room are two fuzzy, bluish-white, translucent kobolds, the hovering over the still bodies of two of the solders.
[Thu Aug 3 21:07:27 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc cool!
[Thu Aug 3 21:07:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Ghost kobolds! But you weren't expecting that!
[Thu Aug 3 21:07:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc bet
[Thu Aug 3 21:07:52 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:07:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I know I wasn't :)
[Thu Aug 3 21:08:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan leaves Car and follows Ali up the stairs
[Thu Aug 3 21:08:27 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I was expecting ghosts; I had a feeling about the Frightful Moan.
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc incorporeal?
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:06 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, that's your move action.
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:32 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points at no 2 and makes an utterance
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:33 2006] : (1) DM: Ghost are incorporeal yes. Knowledge: religion rolls to find out more.
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Aug 3 21:09:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 3 21:10:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Aug 3 21:10:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Aug 3 21:10:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "These are incorporeal, no body. I'm not sure if they need a magic weapon to hit, like the shadow"
[Thu Aug 3 21:10:13 2006] : (1) DM: The ray skims past the ghost, missing it narrowly.
[Thu Aug 3 21:10:35 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 3 21:11:08 2006] : (1) Ghosts: One of the ghosts turns its gaze on Dan...
[Thu Aug 3 21:11:24 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Fort save
[Thu Aug 3 21:11:28 2006] : (2) Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Aug 3 21:12:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nice!
[Thu Aug 3 21:12:08 2006] : (1) Ghosts: The other glides closer and strikes.
[Thu Aug 3 21:12:13 2006] : (1) Ghosts: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Aug 3 21:12:43 2006] : (1) Ghosts: It's ghostly claws are defected by your mage armour.
[Thu Aug 3 21:13:40 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Caraegyn, the irrational feeling of fear is gone and you look around to see no one around but you hear people upstairs.
[Thu Aug 3 21:13:45 2006] : (1) DM: Your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:13:55 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc remind me to pick up some pamphlets on religion next time I level up ;)
[Thu Aug 3 21:14:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Dashing upstairs, spear ready to stab things.
[Thu Aug 3 21:14:16 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [4,3,6] = (13)
[Thu Aug 3 21:14:30 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [24] = (24)
[Thu Aug 3 21:14:58 2006] : (1) DM: The ghost momentarily fades and your spear has no effect.
[Thu Aug 3 21:15:16 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:15:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Attacking #1
[Thu Aug 3 21:15:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [2,6,6] = (14)
[Thu Aug 3 21:15:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc do you have a magic weapon? I guess not.
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:09 2006] : (1) DM: Your sword has no effect.
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:25 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc can you move please Ali?
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Who has money for magic weapons?
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:43 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc ME!
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Move where?
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:53 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc you? I spend all mine scribing spells
[Thu Aug 3 21:16:55 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:17:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc who has the dagger?
[Thu Aug 3 21:17:09 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc presumably you are within 5 feet of a ghost?
[Thu Aug 3 21:17:32 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan steps back
[Thu Aug 3 21:17:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 2 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage

[Thu Aug 3 21:17:55 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc on 1
[Thu Aug 3 21:18:13 2006] : (2) Dan: Daqn then grabs another scroll from his case
[Thu Aug 3 21:18:17 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 3 21:18:43 2006] : (1) DM: The etheric material bursts and tatters as the missle strike.
[Thu Aug 3 21:19:00 2006] : (1) Ghosts: A ghost swings at Caraegyn
[Thu Aug 3 21:19:06 2006] : (1) Ghosts: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Aug 3 21:19:12 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Another at Aliatra: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Aug 3 21:19:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "I remembered that tactically, magic missiles are the best I have against ghosts"
[Thu Aug 3 21:19:57 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Aliatra, make a fort save
[Thu Aug 3 21:20:00 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then keep at it!"
[Thu Aug 3 21:20:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Aug 3 21:20:48 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Take [1d6] -> [2] = (2) damage.
[Thu Aug 3 21:21:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: OUCH!
[Thu Aug 3 21:21:15 2006] : (1) Ghosts: And as the touch passes through your body you feel your strength being sapped away. Take [1d4] -> [2] = (2) Str drain.
[Thu Aug 3 21:21:48 2006] : (1) Ghosts: The kobold ghost heals visibily after its strike.
[Thu Aug 3 21:21:57 2006] : (1) Ghosts: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:22:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Moving past no. 2 and stabbing no.1
[Thu Aug 3 21:22:34 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [3,3,3] = (9)
[Thu Aug 3 21:22:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "Choices! I can either start to armour you guys, or I can attack the ghosts. Either way, Ali is not effective with no magical weapon"
[Thu Aug 3 21:22:55 2006] : (1) DM: AoO unless you have a funky feat that negates them.
[Thu Aug 3 21:22:59 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:20 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: AC is 19 against him (dodge & skirmish)
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc No skirmish bonus, btw.
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc why not?
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I can at least draw their attacks"
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc to damage I mean.
[Thu Aug 3 21:23:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc OK
[Thu Aug 3 21:24:33 2006] : (2) Dan: "That's true. I shall armour you before I cast again then?
[Thu Aug 3 21:24:45 2006] : (1) DM: The ghost wails and and bursts in a blaze of light
[Thu Aug 3 21:24:48 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc not a question, ignore the ?
[Thu Aug 3 21:25:25 2006] : (1) DM: People standing by are splattered blobs of slime.
[Thu Aug 3 21:25:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sounds like a good idea"
[Thu Aug 3 21:25:30 2006] : (2) Dan: "Oh, that changes things"
[Thu Aug 3 21:25:45 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:25:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Swinging at #1 again
[Thu Aug 3 21:26:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [6,3,5] = (14)
[Thu Aug 3 21:26:19 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [30] = (30)
[Thu Aug 3 21:26:30 2006] : (1) DM: No effect
[Thu Aug 3 21:26:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you do know that number one is no more, right?
[Thu Aug 3 21:27:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ali, you'd be better standing defensively rather than attacking pointlessly"
[Thu Aug 3 21:27:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Didn't I say #2? ;)
[Thu Aug 3 21:27:39 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:27:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc what does "standing defensively" mean?
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:12 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc total defence
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:18 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc defensive stance - gives you AC bonus.
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc bonus to AC but penalties to attack.
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc +2 to AC, -4 to attack unless you have the expertise feat I think.
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan reads from a scroll (first missile only)
[Thu Aug 3 21:28:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 2 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) damage

[Thu Aug 3 21:29:05 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Aug 3 21:29:38 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc total defence gives you no attacks at all but (I think) +4 to AC
[Thu Aug 3 21:29:53 2006] : (1) DM: The orb of enermy blasts a hole through the ghost which quickly flows together again. Although thinner.
[Thu Aug 3 21:30:06 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc correct Henry, I just checked
[Thu Aug 3 21:30:17 2006] : (1) DM: The ghost turns its gaze on Dan, AoOs from Car and Ali.
[Thu Aug 3 21:30:29 2006] : (1) DM: Fort save Dan.
[Thu Aug 3 21:30:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Aug 3 21:30:50 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, AoO?
[Thu Aug 3 21:31:04 2006] : (1) DM: (It's basically standing there glaring)
[Thu Aug 3 21:31:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Aug 3 21:31:28 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [93] = (93) (heh, remembered mischance this time).
[Thu Aug 3 21:31:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 3 21:32:01 2006] : (1) DM: A hit straight through its incorporeal through. The etheric material shred and fades.
[Thu Aug 3 21:32:26 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Aug 3 21:32:54 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:07 2006] : (1) DM: Ooookay. Against what?
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:07 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc err??
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Darn, why do these dead things always manage to sap my strength?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:20 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc didn't realise it had died.
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:23 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Going upstairs.
[Thu Aug 3 21:33:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "Should we look at the next floor?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:34:12 2006] : (1) DM: Top side you see Walter huddles in the corner, shaking in fear. There's nothing else up here,
[Thu Aug 3 21:34:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find out if there are survovirs"
[Thu Aug 3 21:34:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Walter? It's alright, they've gone. Come on down now"
[Thu Aug 3 21:34:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc (combat over)
[Thu Aug 3 21:34:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc "The price is right" ??
[Thu Aug 3 21:35:18 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan follows Car up the stairs
[Thu Aug 3 21:35:35 2006] : (1) DM: It takes you sometime to calm Walter down. But after the application of a libereal dose of some strong spirts he revives somewhat.
[Thu Aug 3 21:35:38 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc he never told us his name, and you are still down stairs :P
[Thu Aug 3 21:35:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc olol pun!
[Thu Aug 3 21:36:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Combat is over, I went upstairs :P
[Thu Aug 3 21:36:32 2006] : (1) DM: oov FYI, had you taken another round to open that door, walter would be dead.
[Thu Aug 3 21:37:07 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I'd have got it if Ali never
[Thu Aug 3 21:37:49 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan hands the knock stone back to Car
[Thu Aug 3 21:38:06 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Thanks. Though maybe you would be better off keeping it, after this performance!"
[Thu Aug 3 21:38:11 2006] : (1) Walter: "You get those bastards that are other there. Bloody ghosts and spirts and things are /not/ what I signed up for. I hope I never see or hear anysuch things again.
[Thu Aug 3 21:38:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "I took this while you were incapacitated. It's better that you keep it, you're more likely to need it then any of the rest of us"
[Thu Aug 3 21:38:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Help me get myh armour on please, I won't be able to get back to sleep now"
[Thu Aug 3 21:38:45 2006] : (1) Walter: It's nearly dawn now.
[Thu Aug 3 21:39:22 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan helps with the armour and learns how to do it quickly
[Thu Aug 3 21:39:23 2006] : (1) Walter: ooc ooo. Must calc XP.
[Thu Aug 3 21:40:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ali, we must get you something magical to attack these incorporeals with"
[Thu Aug 3 21:40:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, next time I'm in town I have to pick something up"
[Thu Aug 3 21:41:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What is it anyway? Why won't my weapons hit them?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:41:28 2006] : (1) Walter: ooc 450 XP each.
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, there's two reasons"
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:10 2006] : (1) Walter: ooc they had pretty awesome special abilities, their gaze attack would have done [1d20] -> [4] = (4) damage if the DC hadn't been so lame (11).
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:16 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc shiny!
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:23 2006] : (1) Walter: ooc 2d10
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:44 2006] : (2) Dan: "One, they only partially exist on this plane, so even with a magical weapon, you still may miss"
[Thu Aug 3 21:42:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Two, they are susceptible only to magical attacks"
[Thu Aug 3 21:44:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I really, really don't like them"
[Thu Aug 3 21:44:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, they are abomination"
[Thu Aug 3 21:44:52 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "We should try to prevent them returning, then."
[Thu Aug 3 21:44:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I liked those, whatchamacallits, magic missiles?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:45:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "How, we don't know where they came from"
[Thu Aug 3 21:45:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Returning from where?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:45:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, they are the stock magical weapon of all mages who can cast from the evocation school"
[Thu Aug 3 21:45:51 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Haunts can return if destroyed in battle, unless the spirit is laid to rest."
[Thu Aug 3 21:46:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "Really? I know so little about undead"
[Thu Aug 3 21:46:31 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I know barely more myself."
[Thu Aug 3 21:46:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How do you know so much about them, Caraegyn?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:46:57 2006] : (2) Dan: "Anyway Ali, the beauty of magic missiles, when it comes to incorporeals, is that they use force magic which will not miss"
[Thu Aug 3 21:47:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How hard is it to learn to cast them?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:47:57 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The forest where I grew is not as peaceful as some might assume. Our shamans have some knowledge of such things."
[Thu Aug 3 21:48:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "That depends. Anyone studied in basic magic shopuld be able to cast them"
[Thu Aug 3 21:48:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I never realised there were disadvantages to growing up in town, Caraegyn"
[Thu Aug 3 21:49:02 2006] : (2) Dan: "Fair enough Car, though I know little of shamen either, other than that they somehow marry religion and the arcane"
[Thu Aug 3 21:49:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Will you teach me, Dan?"
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "I can do Ali, though it requires a lot of study. And the other thing is that when you wear armour, you are not free enough to allow spells to be cast unfettered"
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:33 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I should go to bed guys - I'm starting to feel a bit dizzy.
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "If you wish to cast arcane spells, then the fetters of your armour must be cast off"
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it"
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:42 2006] : (1) Walter: ooc Okay.
[Thu Aug 3 21:50:50 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END