Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 27 July 2006

[Thu Jul 27 19:30:01 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jul 27 19:31:05 2006] : (1) DM: You're sitting in the common room of the Last Inn discussing what to do next.
[Thu Jul 27 19:31:41 2006] : (1) DM: It's around mid-afternoon.
[Thu Jul 27 19:31:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I feel we should try to find out more about this map. There may be something to be gained by it; at least, that is what the previous owner felt."
[Thu Jul 27 19:31:52 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc it's always mid-afternoon!
[Thu Jul 27 19:32:04 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sounds like a reasonable conclusion Car"
[Thu Jul 27 19:32:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra orders lunch
[Thu Jul 27 19:32:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So who is going to *find* it?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:32:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "If he didn't take it with him, then it must be somewhere safe"
[Thu Jul 27 19:33:00 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I think the innkeeper might be open to... persuasion. Probably of the financial kind."
[Thu Jul 27 19:33:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How much do you think he'll cost?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:33:49 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "That is always the concern. I would not know."
[Thu Jul 27 19:33:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm not so sure about it, he didn't take the bait this morning"
[Thu Jul 27 19:34:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Alternatively, I could take a look while you make polite conversation."
[Thu Jul 27 19:34:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc no I couldn't - no ranks in Open Lock!
[Thu Jul 27 19:34:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc oops
[Thu Jul 27 19:35:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What about that opening stone thing?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:35:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc can we kill something so that I have some more XP? I'm close to leveling! :-P
[Thu Jul 27 19:35:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Better that than me. You'd never be able to close a lock I opened"
[Thu Jul 27 19:35:48 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "That might be wise. In that case, our spellslinger here would be best."
[Thu Jul 27 19:35:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc if you can find something to kill. Random level 1 commons in the street won't give you much XP.
[Thu Jul 27 19:36:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan whispers"Do not forget that we still have the stone for opening locks"
[Thu Jul 27 19:36:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "It is useable by anyone"
[Thu Jul 27 19:36:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Adrin already suggested that
[Thu Jul 27 19:36:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I just asked about that!
[Thu Jul 27 19:37:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc so he did!
[Thu Jul 27 19:37:14 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then do any of you object to my taking this task? I am probably better equipped to go unnoticed and to be safe from traps."
[Thu Jul 27 19:37:16 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan puts the stone on the table
[Thu Jul 27 19:37:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sorry, I was deep in thought"
[Thu Jul 27 19:37:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How about I snuck up and silently opend the door?" Aliatra grins
[Thu Jul 27 19:38:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "If you'll give me an hour, I'll find out how many charges it has before you use it"
[Thu Jul 27 19:38:23 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "That would be best. I'll get a round of ales."
[Thu Jul 27 19:38:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes the stone up to the room for an hour, then returns
[Thu Jul 27 19:38:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Thu Jul 27 19:38:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn orders a round of drinks for the group in the meantime.
[Thu Jul 27 19:39:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do you really always need an hour before you can cast a spell? I never noticed that in those ruins"
[Thu Jul 27 19:39:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ahh drinks. Good man!"
[Thu Jul 27 19:40:17 2006] : (2) Dan: "The stone has six more charges Car"
[Thu Jul 27 19:40:37 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And if there are seven locks, then the last is most likely portable."
[Thu Jul 27 19:41:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just don't open any locks we can open with force, unless it would be obvious to others what you've taken"
[Thu Jul 27 19:42:08 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Of course."
[Thu Jul 27 19:42:25 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I think opening locks is a skill it would be worth my practising."
[Thu Jul 27 19:42:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That sort of thing is much too fiddly for me, I prefer breaking them"
[Thu Jul 27 19:43:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc interesting, each spell will work on up to two locks on the same door at the same time
[Thu Jul 27 19:43:52 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn leaves the discussion and moves towards the back staircase, taking his beer in one hand and the stone in the other. He sways slightly, but not overdoing it.
[Thu Jul 27 19:43:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "I don't think that we want to leave any signs of force Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 19:44:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Was I suggesting otherwise?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:46:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "So what do you think we should do with all that metal?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:47:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just see if she can sell it for us, for a nice, fat commission of course"
[Thu Jul 27 19:49:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "I wondered if any of it would be useful for armour and the like"
[Thu Jul 27 19:49:43 2006] : (2) Dan: "some of the lighter metals may be most suitable"
[Thu Jul 27 19:50:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "And maybe the heavier ones would be better for weaponry"
[Thu Jul 27 19:50:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You mean like the one I'm wearing? Might be expensive, I don['t know if it's very hard to work with"
[Thu Jul 27 19:50:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "It seems a shame to sell it when we don't know what we have"
[Thu Jul 27 19:50:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "But think how worth it it would be"
[Thu Jul 27 19:51:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "Surely you'd like to have a suit of armour that is light and more flexible, but offers the same protection as normal steel?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:51:42 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn returns.
[Thu Jul 27 19:51:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "That'd be nice"
[Thu Jul 27 19:51:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hey Car. Feeling better?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:52:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "We elves have moulded mithral and adamantine to such purposes"
[Thu Jul 27 19:52:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Shouldn't you have gone for a nap? You look tired"
[Thu Jul 27 19:52:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn belches gently, then slumps back into his chair. "Much."
[Thu Jul 27 19:54:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: Whispering: "Well?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:54:50 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I thought..." hiccup "I thought Dan sent me to get this." He places a scroll case on the table.
[Thu Jul 27 19:55:19 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, I didn't ask for it. but thankyou for getting me it, you drunen oaf"
[Thu Jul 27 19:55:25 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc drunken
[Thu Jul 27 19:55:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes the scroll case and stows it with his others
[Thu Jul 27 19:55:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Don't be like that, Dan, he just wanted to help. What is on it anyway?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:56:18 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks at Ali oddly
[Thu Jul 27 19:56:27 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn makes a vague gesture at the barman, that is obviously intended to mean "more beer!"
[Thu Jul 27 19:56:33 2006] : (2) Dan: It's just a few of my spells of course
[Thu Jul 27 19:56:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's just a few of my spells of course"
[Thu Jul 27 19:56:54 2006] : (1) DM: more beer arrives
[Thu Jul 27 19:57:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "AH, of course. Caraegyn, don't you think you've had enough for now?"
[Thu Jul 27 19:57:12 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc did the innkeeper know what was in the room?
[Thu Jul 27 19:57:17 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'm fine!"
[Thu Jul 27 19:57:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh let him have a drink. He's had a hard day"
[Thu Jul 27 19:57:48 2006] : (1) DM: He mentioned packing it into a trunk, so yes.
[Thu Jul 27 19:58:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "Right, well, I think I may retire for the night"
[Thu Jul 27 19:58:38 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "This early? There's more drinking to do!"
[Thu Jul 27 19:58:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Isn't it just late afternoon by now?
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:01 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, maybe I just need a break from the noise down here"
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm no party animal"
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it is late afternoon, yes.
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin reaches for Dans drink
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'll have this then"
[Thu Jul 27 19:59:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe we could all do with a rest, you too Caraegyn. Too much ale will make you feel bad tomorrow"
[Thu Jul 27 20:00:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I think I'm going for a walk, a nice constitutional after lunch"
[Thu Jul 27 20:00:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, maybe that's a better idea Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 20:00:40 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, Perhaps I shall wait until after we have eaten"
[Thu Jul 27 20:01:12 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan surreptitiously taps the scroll case
[Thu Jul 27 20:01:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc so we all have lunch and go for a walk somewhere quiet?
[Thu Jul 27 20:02:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ok
[Thu Jul 27 20:02:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I already had mine
[Thu Jul 27 20:02:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn finishes his drink then staggers off again. He follows the others outside, then suddenly looks a lot more sober.
[Thu Jul 27 20:02:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc so have another
[Thu Jul 27 20:02:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra orders dessert
[Thu Jul 27 20:04:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK, where to then? A different inn, or should we consult Seraphina on this?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:04:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm sure she'll give us some privacy if we wish it"
[Thu Jul 27 20:05:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find out what's on that map first. Perhaps we could find a park or something"
[Thu Jul 27 20:05:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Good idea."
[Thu Jul 27 20:05:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Thats what the privacy was for. Dont want anyone seeing us with this"
[Thu Jul 27 20:06:04 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "To Seraphina's, I believe."
[Thu Jul 27 20:06:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's just a pieve of parchment"
[Thu Jul 27 20:06:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "It might look odd 4 of us huddles in a park, and me casting spells"
[Thu Jul 27 20:06:59 2006] : (2) Dan: "So the inn is out for the same reason"
[Thu Jul 27 20:07:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's not that I don't trust Seraphina, but she's not my friend, nor confidant. I'd prefer privfacy from her as well, until we know what we've got"
[Thu Jul 27 20:07:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, I suppose that you are right. But she's never given us a reason to distrust her"
[Thu Jul 27 20:08:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "We have brought her things that she wishes to learn about"
[Thu Jul 27 20:08:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And we never gave her any reason to betray us"
[Thu Jul 27 20:08:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Its either seraphina's place, or well outside the walls"
[Thu Jul 27 20:09:01 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The we should take a private room at another Inn, perhaps."
[Thu Jul 27 20:09:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That would suit me fine"
[Thu Jul 27 20:09:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "That sounds like a good idea Car"
[Thu Jul 27 20:10:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks relieved
[Thu Jul 27 20:10:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ok, then lets find one"
[Thu Jul 27 20:10:32 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: We look for another inn, and tell the innkeeper that we want a private room for a couple of hours.
[Thu Jul 27 20:11:50 2006] : (1) DM: A short while later you're sitting around a table in a dingy and smoky room in the somewhat seedy dockside inn.
[Thu Jul 27 20:12:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 3 males and one female looking to rent a room for a couple of hours...hmmmm...:O
[Thu Jul 27 20:12:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra slaps Adrin :P
[Thu Jul 27 20:12:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc nah, a private DINING room :-P
[Thu Jul 27 20:13:33 2006] : (2) Dan: "So, first things first, do we copy this map, or do we keep it?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:13:59 2006] : (2) Dan: "I suggest that we copy it and put it back"
[Thu Jul 27 20:14:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If possible, we should copy it and put the copy back"
[Thu Jul 27 20:14:28 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes off his pack.
[Thu Jul 27 20:14:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Is the map magical at all?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:14:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "CAN we copy it? The guy in the church said it was difficult"
[Thu Jul 27 20:14:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "Luckily I thought ahead and brought some parchment and whatnot"
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:01 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:08 2006] : (1) DM: Not magic
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If we put the copy back, who cares how accurate it is? Nobody is going to know without the original"
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan pulls out a scroll
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "Aah, another scroll bites the dust"
[Thu Jul 27 20:15:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Comprehend Languages (level 1) : Understand all spoken and written language (10 minutes/level)
[Thu Jul 27 20:16:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK, I need room."
[Thu Jul 27 20:16:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin backs away
[Thu Jul 27 20:16:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra moves back
[Thu Jul 27 20:16:58 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan spreads out his blank parchment and puts his paints and inks out, ready to use
[Thu Jul 27 20:17:10 2006] : (2) Dan: Craft: Painting Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Jul 27 20:17:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Not forgery?
[Thu Jul 27 20:17:51 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan attempts to copy the map, but also translate the writing on his new map
[Thu Jul 27 20:18:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm not trying to make a fake ID, I dunno
[Thu Jul 27 20:18:20 2006] : (2) Dan: Forgery Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jul 27 20:18:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc painting it is then :)
[Thu Jul 27 20:18:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 20:19:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Jul 27 20:19:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: brb
[Thu Jul 27 20:19:41 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan quotes as he paints
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why are we copying the map when we don't even know if we're interested in it yet?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "The title reads "The Kingdom of Bronze", there's a moto "Machine enhances Man" underneath the crest or coat of arms. and there are also several place names"
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:39 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan just concentrates on getting it right
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Any places we would know?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:20:55 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc actually, can I take 20 on copying a map?
[Thu Jul 27 20:21:28 2006] : (1) DM: Four of the places you recognize as the towers in/near the marsh, Northwatch, The Line and the recently visited ruins. North of the Line is something labeled "North Mine".
[Thu Jul 27 20:22:09 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan moves his pens and paints around his copy of the map and speaks more or less what the DM is describing
[Thu Jul 27 20:22:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 20:22:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc thought I'd save you retyping it all.
[Thu Jul 27 20:22:52 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc no problem, makes more sense this way
[Thu Jul 27 20:25:13 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan seems to be enjoying himself
[Thu Jul 27 20:25:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "Just a touch up here, and a little more here"
[Thu Jul 27 20:26:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't take 20 on a forgery roll and I have to roll it secretly.
[Thu Jul 27 20:26:16 2006] : (2) Dan: OK, +5 to the roll
[Thu Jul 27 20:27:07 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan puts both maps side by side and asks others to examine closely so that he can tweak it
[Thu Jul 27 20:27:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Thu Jul 27 20:27:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jul 27 20:27:47 2006] : (1) DM: forgery roll.
[Thu Jul 27 20:28:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Forgery Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Jul 27 20:28:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: Forgery Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Jul 27 20:28:30 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc back
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:05 2006] : (2) Dan: Meanwhile Dan closely examines the first map for anything he may have missed
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Forgery Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:21 2006] : (1) DM: It's quite obvious that it's a fake since it's on new parchment and not old and stained.
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:28 2006] : (2) Dan: taking 20 - Search = 27
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:34 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc :P
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:42 2006] : (1) DM: The map itself has been copied reasonably well, however.
[Thu Jul 27 20:29:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra points out one or two minor discrepancies
[Thu Jul 27 20:30:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan touches up as described by the others once his search is finished
[Thu Jul 27 20:30:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc /me says it looks perfect.
[Thu Jul 27 20:31:15 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan holds up the old parchment to the light to look for anything that might show if light is shone through
[Thu Jul 27 20:31:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If we put the new one back, they're just going to think he left the copy here for safe keeping and any mistakes Dan has made in copying won't bother us since we hae the original"
[Thu Jul 27 20:32:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: "But the new one has the translations"
[Thu Jul 27 20:32:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, depends if the landlord saw the old one or not"
[Thu Jul 27 20:32:20 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The new one would be more useful to us, I feel."
[Thu Jul 27 20:32:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why do you say that, Caraegyn?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:32:56 2006] : (2) Dan: "Provided that I haven't missed anything Car, or that there's nothin hidden anywhere in the old one. "
[Thu Jul 27 20:33:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan copies all the old letters onto the back of the new parchment, worrying that they might be needed later
[Thu Jul 27 20:34:07 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Looking at the translations."
[Thu Jul 27 20:34:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "At least if we have to select something out of the old lettering at a later date, we have a copy of that too"
[Thu Jul 27 20:35:40 2006] : (2) Dan: Once Dan has finished...
[Thu Jul 27 20:35:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I think there is always a risk in copying something you're not familiar with. You can miss things and not be aware of it"
[Thu Jul 27 20:35:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, it would seem that there's a mine to the north"
[Thu Jul 27 20:36:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "I agree Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 20:36:14 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And if it is of any use, we may well be rewarded for locating it."
[Thu Jul 27 20:36:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "But can we risk replacing the parchment with a new one?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:36:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So I still say we put the copy back and keep the original"
[Thu Jul 27 20:37:01 2006] : (2) Dan: "In that case maybe I'd better do a direct copy?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:37:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Who could know which one he took? He wasn't going to tell the innkeeper, now was he? And even so: who would know we have it now?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:37:57 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "The kobolds could know."
[Thu Jul 27 20:38:08 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn deadpans, then grins
[Thu Jul 27 20:38:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "They jave their own copy now"
[Thu Jul 27 20:38:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan smiles
[Thu Jul 27 20:38:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK, who wants to keep the new copy, who wants to keep th eoriginal?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:39:01 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I would suggest keeping the copy."
[Thu Jul 27 20:39:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Old!"
[Thu Jul 27 20:39:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Adrin?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:39:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think the new"
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: "keeping the copy would be safer, ah what the hell, keep the original
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "Much as I agree with your misgivings Ali."
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why would you prefer keeping the new copy?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah, stalemate"
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "toss a coin"
[Thu Jul 27 20:40:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "Because the original is not ours"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:02 2006] : (2) Dan: "Umm, 1 or 2 Ali?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Huh? The owner is that, it's nobody's now"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:19 2006] : (2) Dan: "It belongs to his next of kin"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:29 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan holds a coin
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "They can have a perectly good copy"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "1"
[Thu Jul 27 20:41:49 2006] : (2) Dan: [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jul 27 20:42:04 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, the fates have spoken"
[Thu Jul 27 20:42:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan puts the old scroll away and writes the translations in his journal"
[Thu Jul 27 20:43:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "I just hope that no-one knows any better"
[Thu Jul 27 20:43:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Muttering: "Breaking and entering is fine, removing and copying a map is dandy, but keeping the original and returning the copy is theft?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:43:57 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Nothing was broken. I was very careful."
[Thu Jul 27 20:43:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's return it before the guard searches his room"
[Thu Jul 27 20:44:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "So, shall we make preparations to head North? Both the mine and the goblin leader are that way I believe"
[Thu Jul 27 20:44:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Better than staying here, I could do with some exercise. I've been in town for a whole day now"
[Thu Jul 27 20:45:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "To me there's a difference Ali. Not much, or I'd still be protesting, but enough of a difference to make me decide in the first place"
[Thu Jul 27 20:46:24 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'd ask if we could rest for a few days before we head off, but I have no money to write spells anyway"
[Thu Jul 27 20:46:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If anyone wea hurt by that difference I'd understand, but nobody even knows about it"
[Thu Jul 27 20:46:51 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan packs up the painting gear
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, i don't jhave your certainty on that Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "no-one knows.. yet"
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "The map may be a family heirloom for all that we know"
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If you want to rest we'll rest. Perhaps we could use the time to talk with Katinka about armour and weapons of those metals we found"
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Or Katrina?
[Thu Jul 27 20:47:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Katja's
[Thu Jul 27 20:48:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "Actually, that does sound likea good idea."
[Thu Jul 27 20:48:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I've always been lousy with names
[Thu Jul 27 20:49:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I couldn't remember it either. That's what the wiki is for.
[Thu Jul 27 20:50:13 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc does Steel-Bronze confer any benefit to armour check penalties DM?
[Thu Jul 27 20:50:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Steel-bronze armour and weapons count as masterwork so yes.
[Thu Jul 27 20:51:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc and spell failure?
[Thu Jul 27 20:51:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no change.
[Thu Jul 27 20:51:15 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm referring more to its lightness
[Thu Jul 27 20:52:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Ligntness counts as well,, it should reduce the APC by 2, like mythril
[Thu Jul 27 20:52:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's not light enough compared to mithral.
[Thu Jul 27 20:52:46 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc it's lighter than mithral
[Thu Jul 27 20:52:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Isn't it half the weight? That would be the same
[Thu Jul 27 20:53:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's 75% the weight of steel.
[Thu Jul 27 20:53:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc although what the wiki says is wrong.
[Thu Jul 27 20:53:20 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, you said 75% lighter
[Thu Jul 27 20:53:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Can we say a reduction of the ACP by 1 then?
[Thu Jul 27 20:55:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "Shall we rest up for one night, or more?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:56:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well we have to put that map back"
[Thu Jul 27 20:56:17 2006] : (2) Dan: "And collect our gear"
[Thu Jul 27 20:56:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Depends how long we need to take care of business. Apart from that I'm good to go tomorrow"
[Thu Jul 27 20:56:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "SO let's put the map back now, then go see Katja?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:57:26 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "That would seem best."
[Thu Jul 27 20:57:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yeah"
[Thu Jul 27 20:57:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "also we have that tube. Maybe Katja can get it opened for us?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:58:16 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan heads out of the inn and heads back to the other inn
[Thu Jul 27 20:58:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Is it closed magically or does it just need a bit of force?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:58:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "No need for us all to go back to the inn. Car on his own would be less suspicious"
[Thu Jul 27 20:58:56 2006] : (2) Dan: "It didn't register as magical"
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'll take it back."
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK"
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Shall I try opening it?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe you could try to open it Ali?"
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We'll meet you at katjas"
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan passes it over
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Very well."
[Thu Jul 27 20:59:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I can take 20 on a strength check, can't I?
[Thu Jul 27 21:00:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Jul 27 21:00:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Be careful, Caraegyn"
[Thu Jul 27 21:00:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the tube and tries to open it
[Thu Jul 27 21:00:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I shall be as silent as a cloud."
[Thu Jul 27 21:00:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Taking 20 for a total of 24
[Thu Jul 27 21:01:29 2006] : (1) DM: How? Pulling? Twisting? Bending?
[Thu Jul 27 21:02:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Twisting and pulling
[Thu Jul 27 21:02:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Or isn't there anything like a lid?
[Thu Jul 27 21:03:19 2006] : (1) DM: The lid is stiff from the build up of dirt and corrosion but you unscrew it.
[Thu Jul 27 21:03:39 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan holds his breath
[Thu Jul 27 21:03:41 2006] : (1) DM: Peering inside you see some fragments of paper or parchment.
[Thu Jul 27 21:03:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks inside
[Thu Jul 27 21:03:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "What is it?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:04:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Anything good?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:04:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hmm, we need a nice quiet spot to try and get these out. They don't seem to be in the best condition. Just some fragments of paper or parchment"
[Thu Jul 27 21:04:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra puts the lid back on, but not too tightly
[Thu Jul 27 21:04:56 2006] : (2) Dan: "Don't touch them. If they are old, they may disintegrate"
[Thu Jul 27 21:05:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Here you are, Dan"
[Thu Jul 27 21:05:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so forceful there"
[Thu Jul 27 21:05:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc What did I just say? Are you deaf or something?
[Thu Jul 27 21:05:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes the tube back
[Thu Jul 27 21:05:44 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc blind :P
[Thu Jul 27 21:06:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 21:06:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think it may be worth casting a mending spell first to ensure that any pices still present pop back to where they should be"
[Thu Jul 27 21:07:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "Then a careful extraction from the tube"
[Thu Jul 27 21:07:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That sounds like a useful spell"
[Thu Jul 27 21:07:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes indeed, it can be"
[Thu Jul 27 21:07:47 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc unfortunately I think it's probably transmutation :(
[Thu Jul 27 21:08:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Jul 27 21:08:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "Unfortunately it is a spell from one of my forbidden schools"
[Thu Jul 27 21:08:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "So we will have to trust to Seraphina for this one"
[Thu Jul 27 21:09:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How come there are so many spells you just can't cast?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:10:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "When I decided to study how to conjure as a specialisation, I had to forsake two schools of magic"
[Thu Jul 27 21:10:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "That leaves me unable to cast approximately two out of every seven spells known"
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Is that not a bit annoying?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Maybe we need another wizard to assist you. How about teaching me?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "It is the price to be paid for becoming a specialist mage"
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have no objection Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 21:11:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan is straight faced
[Thu Jul 27 21:12:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What would I need to be able to learn magic?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:12:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "Of course, I can't teach you about my forbidden schools, you would have to learn those spells elsewhere if you wished"
[Thu Jul 27 21:12:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks very serious now
[Thu Jul 27 21:12:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc less armour ;)
[Thu Jul 27 21:13:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc No, no, anything but that!
[Thu Jul 27 21:13:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "A spell book, and a spell primer, something that teaches you how to scrape the plains to achieve your will"
[Thu Jul 27 21:13:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc planes I assume.
[Thu Jul 27 21:13:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "Then hours upon hours of practise"
[Thu Jul 27 21:13:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:06 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc err, yeah
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:13 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc /me looks sheepish
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:21 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc sounds the same when spoken :P
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc where are you lot?
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Practice I can do, I'm used to that. Can I buy those other things anywhere?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I should point out that low level wizards don't have the learning required to understand how the planes function.
[Thu Jul 27 21:14:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "We should discuss this later if you wish"
[Thu Jul 27 21:15:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Walking in the street, on our way to Katja
[Thu Jul 27 21:15:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets get to Katya to meet Car"
[Thu Jul 27 21:15:24 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc but it's where the magic comes from in your univers, I'm explaining how you draw the power
[Thu Jul 27 21:16:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan continuse to explain more as we walk
[Thu Jul 27 21:17:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra listens and asks questions
[Thu Jul 27 21:18:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "So is this Katja's?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:18:46 2006] : (1) Katja: Katja is working at her forge on some iron work.
[Thu Jul 27 21:19:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yep, this is it"
[Thu Jul 27 21:19:43 2006] : (2) Dan: "Helooo?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:19:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Good day."
[Thu Jul 27 21:19:57 2006] : (1) Katja: "Hello, what can I get you today?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:20:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "We left some metal samples with you. Have you had a chance to look at them?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:20:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hello Katja"
[Thu Jul 27 21:21:12 2006] : (1) Katja: "Oh yes, some of them are very interesting, remarkably light and strong."
[Thu Jul 27 21:22:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Do you think you could make anythign from them?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:23:45 2006] : (1) Katja: "Of course, these ingots", (she points to a shiny silver one) "would be very useful I think for manufacturing ships fittings and the like. It seems it's resists corrosion better than brass and is strong."
[Thu Jul 27 21:24:04 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc aluminium?
[Thu Jul 27 21:24:16 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc oh, stainless steel
[Thu Jul 27 21:24:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What about armour or weapons?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:24:34 2006] : (1) Katja: "This one is what I believe you call steel-bronze. Perfect for weapons but alas I don't have the forge and equipment to work it."
[Thu Jul 27 21:24:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why would you need a special forge?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:25:09 2006] : (1) Katja: "This one is remarkably light" (pointing to a duller gray one) "but is too soft for armour or weapons."
[Thu Jul 27 21:25:38 2006] : (1) Katja: "The harder and stronger the metal the higher the temperatures required. It's as simple as that."
[Thu Jul 27 21:26:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I think we might know of a forge capable of working that metal"
[Thu Jul 27 21:26:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I was just typing that
[Thu Jul 27 21:26:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc :P LOL
[Thu Jul 27 21:27:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, it's in one of the old forts. How much would it cost to commission you at some point?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:27:17 2006] : (1) Katja: ooc or rather you know of one that /used/ to be capable. It's somewhat ruined at this point.
[Thu Jul 27 21:27:46 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc hmm, forgot about that
[Thu Jul 27 21:28:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Me too
[Thu Jul 27 21:28:31 2006] : (2) Dan: "Any others of interest?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:28:34 2006] : (1) Katja: "I'm not sure I'm the person for that sort of work. You'd want a mastersmith to do the work."
[Thu Jul 27 21:29:23 2006] : (1) Katja: "Most of the others are common metals or alloys: copper, lead and brass and so on."
[Thu Jul 27 21:30:03 2006] : (1) Katja: "Except this one, rather light and hard. I would hazard a guess that it's alloyed with other metals to form steel-bronze."
[Thu Jul 27 21:30:26 2006] : (1) Katja: "Again, it's too unworkable to be of use to a smith such as myself."
[Thu Jul 27 21:30:43 2006] : (2) Dan: "Would you be intersted in buying our stocks of the common metals?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:32:19 2006] : (1) Katja: "Yes, I have a list here. I'll have 4 copper, 4 lead and 4 bronze, and 4 of the rustless steel."
[Thu Jul 27 21:33:26 2006] : (1) Katja: "I can offer 748 gold for the common metals and 2000 gold for the 4 steel ingots."
[Thu Jul 27 21:34:15 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Ka-CHING!
[Thu Jul 27 21:34:34 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks non-committal and looks to the others
[Thu Jul 27 21:34:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "Does that sound acceptable?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:34:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin shrugs
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:04 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I would say so."
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm sure she isn't trying to rob us"
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "You have a deal Katja"
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:31 2006] : (2) Dan: "We will have the ingots delivered"
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:44 2006] : (1) Katja: "And I shall have your gold ready"
[Thu Jul 27 21:35:49 2006] : (2) Dan: "First thing tomorrow OK with you?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:36:02 2006] : (1) Katja: "That would be fine."
[Thu Jul 27 21:36:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "A pleasure doing business with you"
[Thu Jul 27 21:36:45 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan turns to leave
[Thu Jul 27 21:36:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin shakes hands with Katja
[Thu Jul 27 21:37:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Could you point us in the direction of a master smith?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:37:53 2006] : (1) Katja: "You'll have to try the capital. It's been a while since I've been there so I cannot recommend one to you."
[Thu Jul 27 21:37:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc there isn't one in the town
[Thu Jul 27 21:38:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Thank you os much for your help and advice, Katja"
[Thu Jul 27 21:39:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Indeed. You are most kind."
[Thu Jul 27 21:39:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc can we zoom making arrangements for someone to collect it and deliver it to Katja in the morning?
[Thu Jul 27 21:39:23 2006] : (1) Katja: ooc yes
[Thu Jul 27 21:39:42 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc bwe learnt from last week then.
[Thu Jul 27 21:40:07 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "So, do we head North to this mine?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:40:17 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan joins the others in arranging the delivery
[Thu Jul 27 21:40:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jul 27 21:40:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, either that or the goblin leader
[Thu Jul 27 21:40:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure, let's hunt us ssome cobolds"
[Thu Jul 27 21:41:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "Both are North of here anyway"
[Thu Jul 27 21:42:04 2006] : (1) Katja: ooc the Kobolds were to the east
[Thu Jul 27 21:43:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc So we'll save them for later ;)
[Thu Jul 27 21:43:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc dessert
[Thu Jul 27 21:43:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "Did you manage the task OK Car?
[Thu Jul 27 21:43:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Hmm, dessert
[Thu Jul 27 21:43:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Of course."
[Thu Jul 27 21:44:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "Excellent. Shall we return, and retire to awake refreshed tomorrow?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:44:16 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "No heavily armoured noisemakers this time!"
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:00 2006] : (2) Dan: ...................
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Good idea"
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I want to do some shopping first, then a meal, a bath and bed"
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, I'll see you tomorrow Ali"
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan heads back
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how much money did we get each?
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, see you tomorrow"
[Thu Jul 27 21:45:55 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc none yet :P
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc None, until the morning
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:27 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 500 each and 248 in the kitty?
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ok
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:37 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc sounds good.
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep, sounds right
[Thu Jul 27 21:46:45 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc including Lia
[Thu Jul 27 21:47:16 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc is there a reason why there's 5000gp in the kitty?
[Thu Jul 27 21:47:40 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc MONEY!
[Thu Jul 27 21:48:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sounds like the loot from Greta
[Thu Jul 27 21:48:38 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Dan shares out the dosh... 1500 each! We don't need a reserve for emergency raise dead spells!
[Thu Jul 27 21:48:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: so 2k each
[Thu Jul 27 21:49:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 1500 including todays
[Thu Jul 27 21:49:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ok
[Thu Jul 27 21:51:54 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn stashes his money then goes to sleep.
[Thu Jul 27 21:52:10 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan trances
[Thu Jul 27 21:53:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra returns carrying some books, has a meal and a bath and retires
[Thu Jul 27 21:53:21 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I'm getting kinda sleepy...
[Thu Jul 27 21:53:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Already? It's still early
[Thu Jul 27 21:53:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc so am I, but I think its the 2/3 bottle of red wine I've drunk :)
[Thu Jul 27 21:54:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 21:54:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc let's play a bit longer so we're set up for something interesting next session.
[Thu Jul 27 21:54:16 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc OK
[Thu Jul 27 21:54:42 2006] : (1) DM: The next day arrives.
[Thu Jul 27 21:54:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc wasn't saying we should stop, just that I'm slightly tipsy :D
[Thu Jul 27 21:55:31 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I was hoping that we could move onto something interesting this session :(
[Thu Jul 27 21:55:39 2006] : (1) DM: During the night ships from the duchy of Nedal arrived off the coast and are blockading the harbour.
[Thu Jul 27 21:55:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You? tipsy? Never! ;)
[Thu Jul 27 21:56:29 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And now, do we leave the town to its fate, or do we fight?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:56:34 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan awakes and does the usual mage stuff
[Thu Jul 27 21:56:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Unless you can fight a large blockade, I guess we leave"
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up, exercises and has breakfast
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "I can't walk on water... yet."
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc transmutation spell ;)
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How can 4 of us fight a fleet of ships?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "With fire."
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:52 2006] : (2) Dan: "Fire and what?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:57:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually walking on whater would probably be alteration.
[Thu Jul 27 21:58:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "They're out in the water over there"
[Thu Jul 27 21:58:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just torch the ships"
[Thu Jul 27 21:58:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Small boats, perhaps."
[Thu Jul 27 21:58:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "A raft, swimming, whatever it takes"
[Thu Jul 27 21:59:04 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah, I see. In full light? It may work in a fog, shich interestingly IS a spell that I can manage"
[Thu Jul 27 21:59:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, a mist really"
[Thu Jul 27 21:59:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "So do we offer our aid to the guard?"
[Thu Jul 27 21:59:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "But not today, and it's not on any of my scrolls"
[Thu Jul 27 21:59:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I say we get out while we can"
[Thu Jul 27 22:00:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess we can offer, but I don't think we'll be able to help"
[Thu Jul 27 22:00:55 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "If they refuse our offer, we leave."
[Thu Jul 27 22:01:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's a matter or priorities: what is most useful, where can we make a real difference?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:01:20 2006] : (1) DM: They refuse -- they can't see what use you would be.
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:03 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then let us leave here, and see what use we may be to ourselves."
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan packs and is ready to go
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:27 2006] : (1) DM: Heading north, yes?
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:33 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Yep.
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin is ready in 10 mins
[Thu Jul 27 22:02:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have been yearnign to try out my new spells for three days!"
[Thu Jul 27 22:03:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra is already packed, she just needs to pick up her gear
[Thu Jul 27 22:03:33 2006] : (1) DM: You travel northwards along a well worn track leading to one of the forts on the Line.
[Thu Jul 27 22:03:56 2006] : (1) DM: The land becomes hillier and more wooded the further you go from the town.
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:24 2006] : (1) DM: Towards the end of the day...
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:29 2006] : (1) DM: Listen checks
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:45 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Jul 27 22:04:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
[Thu Jul 27 22:05:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc can't hear over all that clanging armour?
[Thu Jul 27 22:05:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra has her fingers in her ears and is singing: "La la la la, I can't hear you!"
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:20 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra is daydreaming, oblivous to the world around her. The rest of you here something crashing through the undergrowth to your right and turn and see a large brown bear charge out from the trees.
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:25 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:28 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Do I notice them looking?
[Thu Jul 27 22:06:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Jul 27 22:07:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc well yes, but the time it takes means you loose the first round.
[Thu Jul 27 22:07:50 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jul 27 22:07:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc OK
[Thu Jul 27 22:08:31 2006] : (1) DM: Car, your turn.
[Thu Jul 27 22:08:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Run & stab.
[Thu Jul 27 22:08:53 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,3] = (12)
[Thu Jul 27 22:09:32 2006] : (1) DM: You dash forwards and stab it in the shoulder.
[Thu Jul 27 22:09:43 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn
[Thu Jul 27 22:09:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: run to it and slash
[Thu Jul 27 22:10:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [2,2,3] = (7)
[Thu Jul 27 22:10:19 2006] : (1) DM: It dodges your swing.
[Thu Jul 27 22:10:44 2006] : (1) Brown bear: The bear growls fiercely and attacks Caraegyn
[Thu Jul 27 22:11:03 2006] : (1) Brown bear: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12), [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14), [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Thu Jul 27 22:11:23 2006] : (1) Brown bear: And bites for [2d6+4] -> [5,3,4] = (12) damage
[Thu Jul 27 22:11:33 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jul 27 22:11:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points his finger at it
[Thu Jul 27 22:11:59 2006] : (2) Dan: Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] -> [4,4,5,2,0] = (15)
[Thu Jul 27 22:12:04 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc Bad! Sit!
[Thu Jul 27 22:12:36 2006] : (1) DM: Your ray scorches a line across the bears back and the smell of burnt hair and flesh fills the air.
[Thu Jul 27 22:12:51 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan punches the air
[Thu Jul 27 22:12:54 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jul 27 22:12:59 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Jul 27 22:13:27 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Stab & step back
[Thu Jul 27 22:13:30 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [1,3,2] = (6)
[Thu Jul 27 22:14:15 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc /me is stupid! Acid arrow first!
[Thu Jul 27 22:14:17 2006] : (1) DM: You stumble and miss.
[Thu Jul 27 22:14:30 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn now.
[Thu Jul 27 22:14:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [2,6,6] = (14)
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just like last week :(
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:27 2006] : (1) DM: A wild swing that goes nowhere near the bear.
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:32 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,6,3] = (15)
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] -> [4,2,3,1,6] = (16)
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:45 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc woo!
[Thu Jul 27 22:15:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc oh get in there!
[Thu Jul 27 22:16:09 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc slice and dice!
[Thu Jul 27 22:16:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc at which point we learn it an undead bear and immune to them ;)
[Thu Jul 27 22:16:38 2006] : (1) DM: A power chop that cuts a deep wound.
[Thu Jul 27 22:16:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc done?
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:30 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc move + attack; that's it.
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Adrin didn't move.
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: I'm done
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:52 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc meh. Oops.
[Thu Jul 27 22:17:58 2006] : (1) DM: The bear attacks Adrin
[Thu Jul 27 22:18:04 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21), [1d20+11] -> [13,11] = (24), [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu Jul 27 22:18:19 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc OUCH!
[Thu Jul 27 22:18:28 2006] : (1) DM: It's a ferocious attack.
[Thu Jul 27 22:18:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You can say that again!
[Thu Jul 27 22:18:47 2006] : (1) DM: [1d8+8] -> [4,8] = (12), [1d8+8] -> [3,8] = (11) and [2d6+4] -> [5,4,4] = (13) damage
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:03 2006] : (1) DM: 36 damage total.
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:13 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin is badly mauled by the bear.
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin fall to the ground!
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "No!"
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get him out of here!"
[Thu Jul 27 22:19:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc How many HP?
[Thu Jul 27 22:20:02 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn
[Thu Jul 27 22:20:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: total? 30
[Thu Jul 27 22:20:11 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc how bad is the bear looking?
[Thu Jul 27 22:20:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc so -6.
[Thu Jul 27 22:20:35 2006] : (1) DM: The bear is badly injuried.
[Thu Jul 27 22:21:07 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Finish it off, quickly!"
[Thu Jul 27 22:21:21 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc sorry
[Thu Jul 27 22:21:45 2006] : (2) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster II - Fiendish Wolf (Medium magical beast): 17hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; AC= 14; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 30ft
Fiendish Wolf attack (Smite good) Bite [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9) (treat as magical; add 2 to damage if target is good)
Trip attack Strength check:[1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20) - vs. opponent's Str or Dex check

[Thu Jul 27 22:22:07 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc on the other side of it
[Thu Jul 27 22:22:43 2006] : (1) DM: Bite misses.
[Thu Jul 27 22:22:48 2006] : (1) DM: done?
[Thu Jul 27 22:22:54 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Thu Jul 27 22:22:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc moved a bit
[Thu Jul 27 22:23:01 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jul 27 22:23:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear (ranged skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [4,2,3] = (9)
[Thu Jul 27 22:23:11 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc lame rolls!
[Thu Jul 27 22:23:14 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Shit."
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:11 2006] : (1) DM: The spear flies overhead and is lost in a bush. The bush takes 9 damage.
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:21 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, 1d100
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: [1d100] -> [31] = (31)
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:33 2006] : (1) DM: You bleed somemore.
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:46 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc Aliatra?
[Thu Jul 27 22:24:47 2006] : (1) Brown bear: The bear turns to Aliatra
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:03 2006] : (1) DM: And politely waits for her turn.
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Moving a bit to shield Adrin before attacking
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [5,3,6] = (14)
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] -> [4,6,3,5,12] = (30)
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:51 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc oof, shame!
[Thu Jul 27 22:25:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I managed to end up under Adrin ;)
[Thu Jul 27 22:26:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc woulda been nice hit
[Thu Jul 27 22:26:12 2006] : (1) DM: The bear roars in pain, staggers about a bit before crashing to the ground.
[Thu Jul 27 22:26:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan runs over to Adrin
[Thu Jul 27 22:26:58 2006] : (2) Dan: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17)
[Thu Jul 27 22:27:09 2006] : (1) DM: 340 XP each.
[Thu Jul 27 22:27:18 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin is stabilized,
[Thu Jul 27 22:27:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why would that bear attack us? Was it mad?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:28:03 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc Can I have 60 more? Pwease? *flutters eyelashes*
[Thu Jul 27 22:28:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a potion out and gives it to Adrin
[Thu Jul 27 22:28:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc what level are you car?
[Thu Jul 27 22:28:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:00 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc level 2
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc it's all the same from level 1-3 anyway Bert
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin blinks a few times before opening his eyes fully
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What hit me?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ah, ok
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:30 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points at the bear
[Thu Jul 27 22:29:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh, yeah, thats right"
[Thu Jul 27 22:30:15 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc roleplay "Oh woe, the brave fighter... " etc...
[Thu Jul 27 22:30:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc you're not a bard anymore :P
[Thu Jul 27 22:30:40 2006] : (2) Dan: Wolf disappears
[Thu Jul 27 22:30:44 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I meant Henry
[Thu Jul 27 22:31:23 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: [1d8] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jul 27 22:31:51 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc bummer!
[Thu Jul 27 22:32:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin reaches into his pack and pulls out a potion
[Thu Jul 27 22:32:39 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc expression of disappointment, I'm not callin you a bummer, like I was 10 ;)
[Thu Jul 27 22:32:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 27 22:33:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc CMW potion is..?
[Thu Jul 27 22:33:17 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 2d8+3
[Thu Jul 27 22:33:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ty
[Thu Jul 27 22:33:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: [2d8+3] -> [6,8,3] = (17)
[Thu Jul 27 22:34:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ahhh thats better. That thing had quite a set of claws"
[Thu Jul 27 22:34:14 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn goes to fetch his spear
[Thu Jul 27 22:34:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "No kidding"
[Thu Jul 27 22:35:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Anybody for bear steak?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:35:10 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "It sounds good to me."
[Thu Jul 27 22:35:30 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess it's worth a try"
[Thu Jul 27 22:35:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "The skin is worth money too, does anyone know how to cure it?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:35:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger: especially if we weat it" Aliatra laughs
[Thu Jul 27 22:36:07 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan smiles
[Thu Jul 27 22:36:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It does have some holes in it and it's a bit scorched around the edges"
[Thu Jul 27 22:36:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "What doesn't kill us costs us hundreds of GP in cure potions"
[Thu Jul 27 22:36:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Too true"
[Thu Jul 27 22:37:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Perhaps we should kidnap a healer to take with us"
[Thu Jul 27 22:37:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah yes, I did rather burn it. Did you like the spell?"
[Thu Jul 27 22:37:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hot stuff"
[Thu Jul 27 22:38:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I think I'll pass on the pelt, I'm afraid it's more trouble than it's worth and heavy as well"
[Thu Jul 27 22:38:54 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's some more powerful magic that I learned recently"
[Thu Jul 27 22:39:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Keep those spells coming"
[Thu Jul 27 22:40:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "I intend to"
[Thu Jul 27 22:40:39 2006] : (1) DM: Continuing?
[Thu Jul 27 22:40:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "I seem to recall that the next set of spells can get very powerful"
[Thu Jul 27 22:40:46 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And I will work on the accuracy of my throwing arm."
[Thu Jul 27 22:41:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc yes
[Thu Jul 27 22:41:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "and I'll try and not get hit next time"
[Thu Jul 27 22:41:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are there other spells that would be useful? I don't see myself fighting with magic, that's what my sword is for"
[Thu Jul 27 22:41:42 2006] : (1) DM: You continue northwards and by the end of the day reach one of the towers on the Line.
[Thu Jul 27 22:41:47 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END