Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 20 July 2006

[Thu Jul 20 19:20:18 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jul 20 19:20:55 2006] : (1) DM: The day starts cool and misty, it looks set to be a fine, warm day.
[Thu Jul 20 19:21:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is awake and limbers up with some exercise
[Thu Jul 20 19:21:57 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits and studies his spellbook
[Thu Jul 20 19:22:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Right lets get going. No point hanging around waiting for more company"
[Thu Jul 20 19:22:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, right after breakfast"
[Thu Jul 20 19:23:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Can you not eat while you walk?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:24:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's the hurry? Can't you wait 15 minutes?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:24:25 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan finishes his spell reading when it's done
[Thu Jul 20 19:25:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "It feels like we've been waiting forever"
[Thu Jul 20 19:25:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has a quick bite and gets ready to go
[Thu Jul 20 19:25:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "You should exercise more, that relaxes you"
[Thu Jul 20 19:26:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: "It may relax you, but it tends to get me a bit edgy"
[Thu Jul 20 19:26:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can have a look at those items that we picked up inside while we ride if you like"
[Thu Jul 20 19:27:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That sounds sensible."
[Thu Jul 20 19:27:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, Adrin will love you not wasting your time"
[Thu Jul 20 19:27:12 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at the dirt track
[Thu Jul 20 19:27:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "Actually, I'm not sure if I'll be able to concentrate looking at what the track is like"
[Thu Jul 20 19:27:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc arewetheryet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?
[Thu Jul 20 19:28:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jul 20 19:28:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If you don't find out today you can always try tonight, cna't you?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:29:10 2006] : (1) DM: The wagon won't be moving fast so you can concentrate.
[Thu Jul 20 19:29:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "I will give it a try"
[Thu Jul 20 19:29:31 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc ok DM
[Thu Jul 20 19:29:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just do the best you can"
[Thu Jul 20 19:30:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra starts walking in front, bow in hand
[Thu Jul 20 19:30:47 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan packs up his things and places them on the wagon, then climbs up, spreads out his bedroll and relaxes while concentrating on the spell
[Thu Jul 20 19:31:01 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Thu Jul 20 19:31:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc after an hour's preparation
[Thu Jul 20 19:31:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc on what item?
[Thu Jul 20 19:31:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan examines the ring
[Thu Jul 20 19:32:05 2006] : (1) DM: Where are the rest of you walking? and who is driving the wagon?
[Thu Jul 20 19:32:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I'm up front, to the right
[Thu Jul 20 19:32:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm walking in front, keeping left.
[Thu Jul 20 19:32:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I was already in front
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: lol
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc leaving Lia to drive :P
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ok, I'll stay back
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'll take the rearguard then
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:21 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc kmao
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:27 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:34 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'll take the wagon, OK? the wagon!
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: :-P
[Thu Jul 20 19:33:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra walks on
[Thu Jul 20 19:34:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Your wagon perhaps, Darvin? ;-)
[Thu Jul 20 19:35:12 2006] : (1) DM: The wagon mule plods slowly along.
[Thu Jul 20 19:35:19 2006] : (1) DM: And the hours pass by...
[Thu Jul 20 19:35:33 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan casts his spell, then looks vaguely pleased
[Thu Jul 20 19:35:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah, this will come in very useful to us all!"
[Thu Jul 20 19:36:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What have you found?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:36:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "The ring emits light at the utterance of the command work."
[Thu Jul 20 19:36:26 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc word
[Thu Jul 20 19:36:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "A magic lantern? How nice!"
[Thu Jul 20 19:36:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "VERY useful"
[Thu Jul 20 19:37:00 2006] : (4) Dan: "Saves us having to carry a torch, and it can be extinguished at any time using the same command word"
[Thu Jul 20 19:37:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or should I say, it saves me from carry the lantern!"
[Thu Jul 20 19:37:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Keeps all fighting hands free"
[Thu Jul 20 19:38:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe now I can stay back and use my bow"
[Thu Jul 20 19:38:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hey, do you want to try holding this sword with one hand?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:38:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Or this one?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:39:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "I appreciate that I am the only one who could spare a hand, but it made me rely too much on my magic."
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:00 2006] : (4) Dan: "Any signs of activity by the way? If not, I can start on the second item"
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:13 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:23 2006] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Play to your strenghts, is what I say. We fight, you magic"
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Jul 20 19:40:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, but I started to run out, and had to rely on scrolls"
[Thu Jul 20 19:41:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's the problem with that?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:41:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "A scroll is much more erxpensive than an arrow. And my fiscal resources are limited"
[Thu Jul 20 19:41:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jul 20 19:41:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Thu Jul 20 19:41:43 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc oops
[Thu Jul 20 19:42:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are you saying that if you read a scroll you use it up?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:42:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "That is correct. The casting does something to the magical inks"
[Thu Jul 20 19:42:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "And those inks are not cheap"
[Thu Jul 20 19:42:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I though it was just the words that did it"
[Thu Jul 20 19:43:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Ouch! We'd better get quick rich thten or you need to be able to cast lots more out of your spellbook"
[Thu Jul 20 19:44:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Crows ahead. There's a corpse as well."
[Thu Jul 20 19:44:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "You hang back; I'll try to find out what it is."
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm afraid not Adrin. Spells often have a vocal component, but not always. Some have material components, taken from my spell pouch, others require specific body movements. Often it's a combination of all three"
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'll come with you"
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You learn something everyday"
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "No offence, but if there's some creature there you will alert it long before I will."
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:50 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits tight
[Thu Jul 20 19:45:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So I'll stay behind you, but you're not going there alone"
[Thu Jul 20 19:46:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would be wise."
[Thu Jul 20 19:46:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Magic is quite complex and, well, arcane"
[Thu Jul 20 19:46:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't confess to know all, or even a lot."
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:08 2006] : (1) DM: How are you moving?
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:24 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Silently, and just off the path.
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:46 2006] : (1) DM: Hide and move silently rolls then.
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Jul 20 19:47:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Following Caraeyn's foorstaps, about 20 yards behind him
[Thu Jul 20 19:48:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [16,-1] = (15)
[Thu Jul 20 19:48:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Thu Jul 20 19:48:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What the ...
[Thu Jul 20 19:48:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc told you you'd scare it! :-P
[Thu Jul 20 19:48:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: oco nice drum kit
[Thu Jul 20 19:49:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc And for my next number ...
[Thu Jul 20 19:51:25 2006] : (1) DM: You creep (or clank) to the top of the rise and look down the slope to a small copse of trees. Just on the edge on the track you see some activity and crows swooping to the ground and flapping away again.
[Thu Jul 20 19:52:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do you see anything? Apart from those crows, that is?"
[Thu Jul 20 19:52:24 2006] : (1) DM: The creatures are small but you've too far (900ft) to make out what they are unless you creep closer.
[Thu Jul 20 19:52:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm moving forwards until I can see - still trying to be hidden and silent.
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:15 2006] : (1) DM: More rolls.
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Staying 100 feet behind now
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [8,-1] = (7)
[Thu Jul 20 19:53:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 20 19:54:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I demand new dice or otherwise the possibility to cheat!
[Thu Jul 20 19:54:40 2006] : (1) DM: You creep closer and attempt to hide behind a bush. From behind you hear a loud crack of a snapping branch followed by a clanking of armour.
[Thu Jul 20 19:54:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc maybe lighter armour?
[Thu Jul 20 19:55:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: /me turns around, her bow still in her hand
[Thu Jul 20 19:55:37 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, you see there a 6 small humanoid witth tails gathered around something, they appear to be searching. At the noise they look up and appear to pick up some stuff and scamper into the woods.
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: What does the thing on the ground look like?
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:04 2006] : (1) DM: You're about 300 ft away now.
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:18 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:24 2006] : (1) DM: It's partially concealed in the long grass so you can't make it out.
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:34 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jul 20 19:56:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17)
[Thu Jul 20 19:57:08 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Jul 20 19:57:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Jul 20 19:57:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc all of us?
[Thu Jul 20 19:57:39 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn. The small humanoid creatures just dashing off into the woods.
[Thu Jul 20 19:57:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc nah, unless you can travel really, reallty fast.
[Thu Jul 20 19:58:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm going to move at normal speed and try to keep hidden (-10 to checks()
[Thu Jul 20 19:58:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Jul 20 19:58:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Thu Jul 20 19:58:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc And have anyh idea what ios going on here
[Thu Jul 20 19:58:53 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, you move forwards 30 ft.
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: double move
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc have speed when hiding.
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc half.
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:22 2006] : (1) DM: occ hiding or moving silently,.
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc not if you take a -10, I thought
[Thu Jul 20 19:59:52 2006] : (1) DM: Oh, sorry. 60 ft.
[Thu Jul 20 20:00:10 2006] : (1) DM: One of the creatures points a hand in your direction and yips.
[Thu Jul 20 20:00:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Yips? Gibberlings!
[Thu Jul 20 20:00:44 2006] : (1) DM: As a group they scamper into the woods.
[Thu Jul 20 20:01:07 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I don't think that they made it into 3e
[Thu Jul 20 20:01:24 2006] : (1) DM: Alliatra, what are you doing?
[Thu Jul 20 20:01:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn curses, silently
[Thu Jul 20 20:01:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Awww
[Thu Jul 20 20:01:46 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc either healthy, or diseased
[Thu Jul 20 20:02:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I turned around because I heard armour clanking. What do I see?
[Thu Jul 20 20:02:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc you WERE the armour clanking.
[Thu Jul 20 20:02:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc You see yourself ;)
[Thu Jul 20 20:02:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 20 20:02:42 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc silly noisy person :P
[Thu Jul 20 20:03:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I never understood that was what you were trying to say, DM, I thought you were rtalking to the both of us
[Thu Jul 20 20:03:42 2006] : (1) DM: The creatures are 300ft away and about to disappear into the woods.
[Thu Jul 20 20:03:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: So I never turned around and I cannow see the little creatures scamper into the woods?
[Thu Jul 20 20:04:08 2006] : (1) DM: You can see them, they're ahead of you.
[Thu Jul 20 20:04:28 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits on the cart and wonders what's happened to the others
[Thu Jul 20 20:04:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra follows Caraegyn
[Thu Jul 20 20:04:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "They seem to be taking their time"
[Thu Jul 20 20:04:54 2006] : (1) DM: How far? You may run if you wish.
[Thu Jul 20 20:05:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They'd shout if they needed help"
[Thu Jul 20 20:05:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "I guess so"
[Thu Jul 20 20:06:09 2006] : (1) DM: Run 60 ft it is then, I don't think it matter anyway.
[Thu Jul 20 20:06:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Trying to catch up with him, so runnng, yes
[Thu Jul 20 20:06:38 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, the kobold are about 270 ft away and about it disappear into the woods. What next?
[Thu Jul 20 20:06:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm going to break cover and run towards them, yelling "Come here!"
[Thu Jul 20 20:06:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: 120ft
[Thu Jul 20 20:07:15 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yeah, they'll obey that ;)
[Thu Jul 20 20:07:18 2006] : (1) DM: Okay. Aliatra, continuing to run?
[Thu Jul 20 20:07:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Jul 20 20:08:25 2006] : (1) DM: The creatures disappear into the woods and are gone from sight. You'll never catch them now.
[Thu Jul 20 20:09:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc "combat" over.
[Thu Jul 20 20:09:41 2006] : (1) DM: Heading down to the wood and the unknown corpse, Caraegyn and Aliatra?
[Thu Jul 20 20:09:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc /me waits for the XP
[Thu Jul 20 20:09:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm going to go up to the corpse (or whatever), doing a careful sweep for traps.
[Thu Jul 20 20:09:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc ZERO XP.
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:11 2006] : (1) DM: Search check.
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Don't you want to pursue, try and pick up their trail or something?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: /me helps searching
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jul 20 20:10:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The trail will not go cold that fast."
[Thu Jul 20 20:11:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "You're the expert"
[Thu Jul 20 20:11:26 2006] : (1) DM: You approach the corpse which you see is the richly dressed man you encountered in the ruins yesterday. You find no traps.
[Thu Jul 20 20:11:51 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc that cleric is still with us isn't she?
[Thu Jul 20 20:12:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Jul 20 20:12:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Well, well, well. How the mighty have fallen!"
[Thu Jul 20 20:12:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm now going to see if I can track the beasties. ooc: my survival rolls come up as Wilderness Lore.
[Thu Jul 20 20:12:33 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Thu Jul 20 20:12:35 2006] : (1) DM: The body has been looted and the clothes are torn.
[Thu Jul 20 20:13:41 2006] : (1) DM: The creatures weren't being carefull and you can easily follow their trail.
[Thu Jul 20 20:13:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Should we follow?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:14:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "hmm. I'm going to see whats happening"
[Thu Jul 20 20:14:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "There may well be information as to who this man was, and what he wanted from the ruins."
[Thu Jul 20 20:14:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc any indication as to cause of death?
[Thu Jul 20 20:14:43 2006] : (1) DM: Heal check.
[Thu Jul 20 20:14:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [18,0] = (18)
[Thu Jul 20 20:15:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin runs to see whats going on, see them farting around and waves Dan to bring the cart
[Thu Jul 20 20:15:29 2006] : (1) DM: Looks like a broken neck.
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:11 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "He may have fallen from his horse."
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:16 2006] : (1) DM: Oh, nearly forgot, while you were looking for the creature tracks you also saw horse prints galloping off.
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:18 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at cleric woman to see if she knows how to drive the cart
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:32 2006] : (1) DM: She can drive.
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Some people can't be trusted to look after themselves"
[Thu Jul 20 20:16:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "What do you think that signal meant anyway?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:17:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc which way do the hoofprints go?
[Thu Jul 20 20:18:35 2006] : (1) DM: The prints at the scene of the crime is as follows. Horse prints at a trot approach, horse prints at a gallop leave heading down the track towards the town. Around the area are numerous prints of the creatures milling about before they head off into the woods.
[Thu Jul 20 20:18:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin sees Dan walking over and walks back to bring the cart himself
[Thu Jul 20 20:19:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Who feels we should follow these creatures while the trail is fresh?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:19:18 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc isn't this all off the track?
[Thu Jul 20 20:19:33 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc only you and Ali there Car
[Thu Jul 20 20:19:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why? they never did us anyh harm nor did they kill this guy"
[Thu Jul 20 20:19:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Its just off the side of the track.
[Thu Jul 20 20:20:04 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan waits for Adrin
[Thu Jul 20 20:20:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "What's happening?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:20:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "But it would be worth our while to find out why he was at the ruins, and they may well have taken any evidence."
[Thu Jul 20 20:20:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know this woman well, so I'm loath to leave the cart with her"
[Thu Jul 20 20:21:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin finally arrives
[Thu Jul 20 20:21:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I guess" "And I don't have anything better to do anyway"
[Thu Jul 20 20:21:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "So he didn't get away at all. Heh"
[Thu Jul 20 20:22:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Apparently not."
[Thu Jul 20 20:22:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc how far are we from the farmhouse?
[Thu Jul 20 20:22:57 2006] : (1) DM: 3-4 hours.
[Thu Jul 20 20:23:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: What's the weather looking like?
[Thu Jul 20 20:23:49 2006] : (1) DM: Sunny intervals.
[Thu Jul 20 20:24:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets take his body with us. Maybe we can get a reward"
[Thu Jul 20 20:24:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I should still stand a chance of tracking these animals once we return, if that is what people would prefer."
[Thu Jul 20 20:25:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "Sure, they may lead to something"
[Thu Jul 20 20:26:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin lifts the dead body onto the wagon
[Thu Jul 20 20:27:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the lead again
[Thu Jul 20 20:27:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "To the farmhouse then."
[Thu Jul 20 20:28:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Not to town?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:29:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would seem a long journey, and the tracks will fade."
[Thu Jul 20 20:29:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, I'll start work on this other cylinder thing"
[Thu Jul 20 20:30:05 2006] : (1) DM: Town is some 10 hours away by wagon.
[Thu Jul 20 20:30:13 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan puts his blanket over the corpse to it breaking his concentration
[Thu Jul 20 20:30:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Let them go Car. This is more important"
[Thu Jul 20 20:30:34 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc to *stop* it
[Thu Jul 20 20:30:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Hmm." Caraegyn looks disgruntled, but falls in with the wagon.
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:17 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan concentrates for an hour or so
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:27 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc any interruptions?
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:27 2006] : (1) DM: You'd reach town about 2 hours after sunset, reading there without a break or camping for the night?
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Yes.
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Might as well
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc which?
[Thu Jul 20 20:32:59 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I thought the dented tube wasn't magical?
[Thu Jul 20 20:33:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc it wasn't?
[Thu Jul 20 20:33:32 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Oh, I thought that both were
[Thu Jul 20 20:34:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's not, it's just sealed and dented.
[Thu Jul 20 20:34:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc there are two end caps on the tube.
[Thu Jul 20 20:35:44 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan examines the tube
[Thu Jul 20 20:36:07 2006] : (1) DM: You travel onwards uneventfully for 8 hours, the sun is setting.
[Thu Jul 20 20:37:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc until....
[Thu Jul 20 20:37:19 2006] : (1) DM: It's 20 cm long and 5 cm in diameter, badly dented but still shiny underneath the dirt. The end caps seem to be stuck or jammed on.
[Thu Jul 20 20:37:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc utill.... you decide to camp or carry on.
[Thu Jul 20 20:37:48 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm"
[Thu Jul 20 20:38:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "Will these oxen travel in the dark?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:38:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We are nearly there. Lets keep going. I fancy a decent bed tonight"
[Thu Jul 20 20:38:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Yes, no need to camp tonight"
[Thu Jul 20 20:38:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They will if I prod them with a sword"
[Thu Jul 20 20:38:52 2006] : (1) DM: Handle Animal (-4 if not companion) Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Jul 20 20:39:23 2006] : (1) DM: Since Lia is driving the wagon she can coax the mule on even though it's dark.
[Thu Jul 20 20:39:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Be easy on them they've worked hard today"
[Thu Jul 20 20:40:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They can rest when we get to town"
[Thu Jul 20 20:40:59 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan walks for a while, keeping his keen eyes trained ahead
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps one of you would like to take the ring?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just keep your sword at your side, no pestering dumb animals"
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:32 2006] : (1) DM: In a couple of hours you see the lights of northwatch twinkling in the distance.
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "You can use it to light the path for the oxen"
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:45 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan holds up the ring
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's have it then"
[Thu Jul 20 20:41:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How long does it last for?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:42:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc for as long as you want.
[Thu Jul 20 20:42:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is still waking in front
[Thu Jul 20 20:42:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "Until you tell it to turn off"
[Thu Jul 20 20:42:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's the ... command ... word?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:42:51 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan tells Ali the command word
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:01 2006] : (4) Dan: "It won't work unless it's worn"
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc is it "My secret magic word"? :)
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra puts the ring on and speaks the word
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Lumos!
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:33 2006] : (1) DM: ooc and remember that D&D people only have one finger on each hand ;)
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc /me holds up his one finger :P
[Thu Jul 20 20:43:53 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc commonly known ad their dibber
[Thu Jul 20 20:45:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, so we take this stuff to Serafina?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:45:30 2006] : ** (3) Aliatra counts on her fingers: 1, 2, many **
[Thu Jul 20 20:45:52 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "Who goes there are this late hour!" calls a voice from atop the gatehouse of the town walls.
[Thu Jul 20 20:45:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Its going there eventually, so it may as well go there first"
[Thu Jul 20 20:46:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Friends, of the Guard and of the City!"
[Thu Jul 20 20:47:18 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "You'll have to wait for dawn for the gates to open. Watch regulation 478 forbids opening the gates during a time of war."
[Thu Jul 20 20:47:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "War with whom? The goblins?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh come on. Theres only a few of us and we're know as friends"
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Frightened people will call anything a war"
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "Look, we're quite obviously not goblins, or any form of monster"
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:31 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "You've not heard the news? The marsh villages have been raided by soldiers from the south."
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (quietly) "Shit."
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "When did this happen?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:48:58 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "How can we assist?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:49:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Would you have us wait here and perhaps get killed in the night?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:49:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "From the South? So now you are beset to both North and South?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:50:49 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "You'll probably be safe outside for the night. The southern bastard won't dare go this far north right now."
[Thu Jul 20 20:51:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It can't do us any harm to wait here."
[Thu Jul 20 20:51:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "In that case you might as well let us in"
[Thu Jul 20 20:51:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yes, If its safe enough for us to stay outside, then sure its safe enough to let us in"
[Thu Jul 20 20:52:24 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "I would.... except for regulation 478."
[Thu Jul 20 20:52:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And our oxen could sure use a stable"
[Thu Jul 20 20:52:36 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: ooc mule!
[Thu Jul 20 20:52:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc nah, they dont need a mule
[Thu Jul 20 20:53:01 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: ooc or horse. I can't remember. But definatly not oxen.
[Thu Jul 20 20:53:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 20 20:53:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "What exactly is regulation 478?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:53:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: mule then.
[Thu Jul 20 20:53:22 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I was sure that it was an ox cart
[Thu Jul 20 20:54:10 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "During times of War (see section 3b) the gates of the Town must remain closed at all times between dusk and dawn."
[Thu Jul 20 20:54:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What if you got a load of ropes and hoisted us over the walls?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:55:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe not. Hold on, whats in section 3b?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:55:46 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "What?!" The watchperson looks at you as if you're daft
[Thu Jul 20 20:56:57 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: "Section 3b defines the Time of War. Which must be declared by the baron. As it was today."
[Thu Jul 20 20:57:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: /me sits down and has a quiet nap while the others talk
[Thu Jul 20 20:58:14 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn settles down to sleep.
[Thu Jul 20 20:58:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, looks like we're not getting in. Let's camp right here in front of the gates. No rules about that is there?"
[Thu Jul 20 20:58:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Agh I give up. Dont blame us if the oxen/mules/horses* keep you awake"
[Thu Jul 20 20:59:04 2006] : (1) Watchperson Vonn: The watchperson shrugs.
[Thu Jul 20 21:00:14 2006] : (1) DM: At dawn the gates open to let you in.
[Thu Jul 20 21:00:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits on his bedroll on the wagon and goes into a trance
[Thu Jul 20 21:02:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's deliver this and decide what to do next"
[Thu Jul 20 21:02:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We have to take the wagon back"
[Thu Jul 20 21:02:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, you are right Adrin"
[Thu Jul 20 21:02:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Jul 20 21:03:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps thos creature live nearby to where Car spotted them, maybe we will happen upon their lair if we go back"
[Thu Jul 20 21:04:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "Anyway, lets get these things to Serafina"
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Anw what do we do with him?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Take him to the watch?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra points at the dead body
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe someone will be grateful to have a body to bury?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would seem most sensible. They can handle matters."
[Thu Jul 20 21:05:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or burn, or whatever folk here do"
[Thu Jul 20 21:06:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Jul 20 21:07:58 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, on to Serafina first or the Watch?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:08:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Serafina, the metal's none of the watches business"
[Thu Jul 20 21:08:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The Watch. They are likely to have issues with us carrying a corpse around."
[Thu Jul 20 21:08:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "I thnk Car has a point Ali"
[Thu Jul 20 21:09:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "It is covered with my blanket though Car"
[Thu Jul 20 21:09:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I think we both do"
[Thu Jul 20 21:09:22 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Separate the two?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:09:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Some of us to the watch and the rest to Serafina?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye."
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "I agree with you too Ali, but getting caught with a corpes is much more likely to illicit a search of our cart than covering the goods and taking the corpse to the Watch"
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Right, I'll take the corps then"
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:33 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I'll join you."
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Car and Ali take the corpse, Dan and I will take the items"
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra lifts the corps, in the blanket, and carries it in her arms
[Thu Jul 20 21:10:50 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK. And Lia"
[Thu Jul 20 21:11:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh yes, Lia"
[Thu Jul 20 21:11:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe the cleric should go with you to explain who he was and vouch for the circumstances in which we found him"
[Thu Jul 20 21:11:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn joins Aliatra, scanning the streets for potential dangers.
[Thu Jul 20 21:11:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Wait for us at Serafina's"
[Thu Jul 20 21:12:26 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits on the cart as Lia drives it to Serafina's
[Thu Jul 20 21:13:34 2006] : (1) DM: You drop the body off at the watchhouse. The watchperson on duty mentions that the man was a recent guest at the Last Inn, and says that the body will be passed on to the town's chapel for burial.
[Thu Jul 20 21:13:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We should rejoin the others, then travel to this Inn."
[Thu Jul 20 21:14:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Unload the cart first, that'll take us hours"
[Thu Jul 20 21:15:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye."
[Thu Jul 20 21:16:28 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I see you have returned and with a wagon load of stuff? Metal ingots? Anything else of interest?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:16:51 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes the automaton part from his pack
[Thu Jul 20 21:17:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "This is a part of some form of automaton that attacked us"
[Thu Jul 20 21:17:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "Sadly it was too large to transport back, and we ha had to destroy it anyway to stop it firing at us"
[Thu Jul 20 21:17:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "There were others, on the roof"
[Thu Jul 20 21:17:43 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Oh. How remarkable that it lasted so long!"
[Thu Jul 20 21:18:17 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Hundreds of years underground and still functional. Most impressive construction and magic."
[Thu Jul 20 21:18:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We think they were guarding whatever was used to make these metals"
[Thu Jul 20 21:18:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "We have all these metal ingots. They appear to be varius forms of alloys, with different properties"
[Thu Jul 20 21:18:48 2006] : (1) Seraphina: Seraphina peers at the broken part closely.
[Thu Jul 20 21:19:48 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "These all support the theory that this extinct civilization where masters of metal work and combining it with magic."
[Thu Jul 20 21:20:17 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I'm not sure what to do with all those ingots though. Perhaps you could sell them to a smith?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:20:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "A conclusion that comes easily if you had seen these contraptions"
[Thu Jul 20 21:20:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "The cellars are safer now, maybe you could venture there at some point?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:21:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "There are still wild animals around, but the undead and constructs are defeated"
[Thu Jul 20 21:21:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "They may be of interest to you."
[Thu Jul 20 21:21:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Of course, there is still the risk of others taking an interest."
[Thu Jul 20 21:22:02 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I may arrange another expedition. Perhaps I can uncover the reasons these people abandoned their towers and settlements."
[Thu Jul 20 21:22:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "Indeed, we were interrupted in our harvesting of these metal ingots by another interested party"
[Thu Jul 20 21:22:34 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc harvesting?? Salvaging
[Thu Jul 20 21:23:12 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Liberation
[Thu Jul 20 21:23:17 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Not man in fancy clothes was it? THere was such a man at the Last Inn recently asking about the ruins and hiring guards."
[Thu Jul 20 21:23:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Sounds like him"
[Thu Jul 20 21:23:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Very much like him."
[Thu Jul 20 21:23:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We found his body on the way back"
[Thu Jul 20 21:24:46 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Humph."
[Thu Jul 20 21:26:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "oh"?
[Thu Jul 20 21:26:44 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc er, can anyone remember if Seraphina offered a fee for this expedition?
[Thu Jul 20 21:27:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc er. No.
[Thu Jul 20 21:27:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc was it in exchange for using her lab to examine the steel-bronze?
[Thu Jul 20 21:28:27 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I think she said we'd find stuff to compensate
[Thu Jul 20 21:28:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I don't think sol that was a learning experience to her
[Thu Jul 20 21:29:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ok. Was only thing I could think of other than her paying us
[Thu Jul 20 21:29:41 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc all she wanted from us was information anyway
[Thu Jul 20 21:30:15 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc that's right.
[Thu Jul 20 21:30:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, Seraphina, we have all these ingots of ancient metal. Can we store them here? You can study them."
[Thu Jul 20 21:31:05 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Of course, unload them round the back." she waves vaguely.
[Thu Jul 20 21:32:46 2006] : (1) Seraphina: It'll take an hour or so to unload the wagon and stack the contents in Seraphina's lab.
[Thu Jul 20 21:33:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe we can get this wagon back to the farm and make it back before they lock the gates"
[Thu Jul 20 21:33:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "It needs the consent of my colleagues, but maybe you can take one of each sort of ingot for your own use?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:34:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Agreed."
[Thu Jul 20 21:34:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Fine"
[Thu Jul 20 21:34:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "It might perhaps be wise if some of us enquire about the dead stranger"
[Thu Jul 20 21:35:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Go ahead, Dan, let Serafina have her pick"
[Thu Jul 20 21:35:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "We can all do so Ali, once we have unloaded"
[Thu Jul 20 21:35:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I meant"some of us return the cart and the others ask around"
[Thu Jul 20 21:35:51 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "That's a generous offer but really I have no need of metal ingots. I'd suggest seeing if Katja's interested in buying a few. You may need to transport them south to to one of the larger towns to sell them all though. Katja's a good smiyj but not really knowledgable abotu the more exotic metals."
[Thu Jul 20 21:36:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah, I thought perhaps that you may be interested in them as the base of the magic items that we discovered?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:36:56 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Perhaps I'll take one or two then,"
[Thu Jul 20 21:38:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, gang, so we could also do with taking some samples to Katja before we return the wagon. One of each type again, and see if she wants to buy any?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:38:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Sounds fair."
[Thu Jul 20 21:38:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Can we not carry them ourselves. I really want rid of this wagon"
[Thu Jul 20 21:39:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "One of each will break our backs, Adrin"
[Thu Jul 20 21:39:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "I only meant that we give her time to see which are of use to her while we are away agin with the wagon"
[Thu Jul 20 21:39:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "The rest will remain here. We can hire a wagon in town if she wants to buy in bulk"
[Thu Jul 20 21:39:44 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc you could invite Katja to Seraphina's lab to inspect them.
[Thu Jul 20 21:39:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ok, ok. Lets get it done. I dont fancy another night sleeping at the gates"
[Thu Jul 20 21:40:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc not our lab to make that offer
[Thu Jul 20 21:41:02 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan starts taking one of each item and putting them back on the cart
[Thu Jul 20 21:41:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra sighs and starts to help him
[Thu Jul 20 21:42:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin joins in
[Thu Jul 20 21:43:07 2006] : (4) Dan: once loaded we head off to Katja's
[Thu Jul 20 21:43:50 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc Uhh. I seem to have forgotten to specify what the ingots are and their value. Ooops.
[Thu Jul 20 21:44:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc it's OK, we're leaving them with her for a while anyway
[Thu Jul 20 21:44:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc So she can tell us what they're worth ;)
[Thu Jul 20 21:45:33 2006] : (1) DM: Okay. What next?
[Thu Jul 20 21:45:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Returning the cart!
[Thu Jul 20 21:45:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: GAther information!
[Thu Jul 20 21:46:33 2006] : (1) DM: Returning the cart will take 2 days.
[Thu Jul 20 21:46:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ... or we could pay the cleric woman to do so.
[Thu Jul 20 21:46:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "We should return the cart, we gave our word to return it in 3 days"
[Thu Jul 20 21:47:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc can Lia do it? ;)
[Thu Jul 20 21:47:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The cleric sounds fine to me
[Thu Jul 20 21:47:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "It will already be overdue even if we set off now"
[Thu Jul 20 21:47:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc so someone suggest it!
[Thu Jul 20 21:48:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ""So we pay that farmer a bit more for returning it a day late"
[Thu Jul 20 21:48:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, but just hope that they weren't waiting for its returnQ
[Thu Jul 20 21:48:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lia, how about you take the cart back with thon cleric type as company. If you dont want to just say"
[Thu Jul 20 21:49:41 2006] : (1) DM: Lia declines, suggesting that you pay for a guard to accompany the cleric.
[Thu Jul 20 21:50:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc, mutter mutter grumble
[Thu Jul 20 21:50:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how much for a guard then?
[Thu Jul 20 21:51:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Right, let's make a head's start then and return ASAP"
[Thu Jul 20 21:51:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 6 sp
[Thu Jul 20 21:51:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc sounds like a plan
[Thu Jul 20 21:52:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "There is always something, why can't we just decide what to do and do it?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:53:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, we can get the cleric to arrange the guard. And give her some money for that and for the extra day or so with the cart"
[Thu Jul 20 21:53:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I think we could hire a guard to take the cart back for around 6sp. Any objections?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:53:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That sounds fair."
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, no problem"
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:05 2006] : (1) DM: With your purses 2 gp lighter, what next?
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra gets 2gp out
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Should we investigate the stories of this man who was interested in the ruins?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "This should take care of that and of my share of the cart hire as well. Can we go now?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:54:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Good idea Car"
[Thu Jul 20 21:55:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "To the Inn?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:55:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, I've only been suugesting that all morning"
[Thu Jul 20 21:55:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, let's go. Luckily, this is the inn where we stay anyway"
[Thu Jul 20 21:56:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Won't he be surprised to see us"
[Thu Jul 20 21:56:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "Sorry Ali, but we needed to do something useful with those ingots that we spent so much time bringing back here"
[Thu Jul 20 21:56:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe they'll be more use than just cash this way?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:56:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I was only suggesting we didn't need all to return that cart"
[Thu Jul 20 21:57:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I never meant for those ingots to go missing"
[Thu Jul 20 21:57:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh, well you were right about that. My misunderstanding then"
[Thu Jul 20 21:58:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, in the end none of us returned the cart so isn't that better?"
[Thu Jul 20 21:58:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Much better, apart from all the time discussing this that and the other"
[Thu Jul 20 21:58:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "To the Inn, and let us not argue about discussions!"
[Thu Jul 20 21:59:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes to the inn at a fairly brisk pace
[Thu Jul 20 21:59:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn sets off.
[Thu Jul 20 21:59:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: "But yesterday you were telling me off for being impatient to get going"
[Thu Jul 20 21:59:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc don't forget that in "game time" this takes barely any time, the slogging with the ox cart took about 1000 times as long
[Thu Jul 20 22:00:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan follows Ali
[Thu Jul 20 22:00:34 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc I could do 10 hour journeys in real time if you prefer ;)
[Thu Jul 20 22:00:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I don't mind waiting for things, but I mind all those discussions, arguments, changing of minds, etc."
[Thu Jul 20 22:00:44 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jul 20 22:01:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "But these things will always happen in any group"
[Thu Jul 20 22:01:22 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "One of you should handle the questioning; I am likely to be too direct for these city dwellers."
[Thu Jul 20 22:01:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:01:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "unless there is a specific appointed leader who makes all the main decisions. But I don't think that any of us wants that"
[Thu Jul 20 22:02:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Make a decision and stick to it, that's my way and it suits me fine"
[Thu Jul 20 22:02:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "Because people have different opinions, and have to bring them all together to come to an agreement that is satisfactory to all, or at least most"
[Thu Jul 20 22:02:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Dan, would you try to find out about this man for us?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:02:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "But that would be your decision, not everyone else's"
[Thu Jul 20 22:03:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "Umm, if you like. I'm not exactly a great communicator. Ask Ali, I seem to annoy her all the time"
[Thu Jul 20 22:03:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Dan, sometimes you think too much. Lets just find out who this guy was"
[Thu Jul 20 22:03:57 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc on the otherhand when it's only 2 gp expense someone should just do it and not bother waiting for consensus.
[Thu Jul 20 22:04:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Not my decision necessarily, I can adapt, but a decision"
[Thu Jul 20 22:04:35 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc but we never thought of that, and the other side of the coin is that ORPG conversations are confusing
[Thu Jul 20 22:04:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin strides towards the Last Inn
[Thu Jul 20 22:04:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Johann, can you tell us about a man who stayed here recently? We found him killed in the wilderness, and brought his body back to town."
[Thu Jul 20 22:05:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "Moneyed type. Probably acted like you were dirt"
[Thu Jul 20 22:05:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Fancy clothes."
[Thu Jul 20 22:05:42 2006] : (1) Johann: "Aye, that would be Mr Black. I heard that he'd died from the watch. He didn't talk much, but secretive, like."
[Thu Jul 20 22:05:53 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc but = bit
[Thu Jul 20 22:06:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Any idea where he was from?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:06:21 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Is dying from the watch painful?
[Thu Jul 20 22:06:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Do you know anything about him at all? We would like to let his family know."
[Thu Jul 20 22:06:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Or what he was looking for?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:06:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc maybe it was a 007 watch with spinning blade
[Thu Jul 20 22:07:28 2006] : (1) Johann: "Perhaps from Nedal, he had that sort of accent."
[Thu Jul 20 22:07:43 2006] : (1) Johann: "Why'd you want to know about him anyway?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:08:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "He tried to kill us. He ran away, and we found his corpse later."
[Thu Jul 20 22:08:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes out a gp and puts it in front of her
[Thu Jul 20 22:08:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Nothign to do with us, mind"
[Thu Jul 20 22:08:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, he tried to have his hired help kill us. he just ran away"
[Thu Jul 20 22:08:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Is there anything you can tell us?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:10:38 2006] : (1) Johann: Johann ignore the coin. "Didn't like the man, it doesn't surprise me he'd do something like that."
[Thu Jul 20 22:11:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We didn't think much of him either, but I like to know why people try killing me."
[Thu Jul 20 22:11:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "He didn't seem too smart, either"
[Thu Jul 20 22:11:07 2006] : (1) Johann: "He didn't say much but I did overhear him mention a map of somesort."
[Thu Jul 20 22:11:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I suppose he would've kept this map with him, eh?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:12:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Most likely."
[Thu Jul 20 22:12:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Think you can find those trails again Car?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:12:54 2006] : (1) Johann: "Well, actually, I believe he had a copy map. That's when I overheard you see, he was asking around for cartographers or skilled scribes."
[Thu Jul 20 22:13:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Do you know where he went?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:13:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do you know if he found one?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:13:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh really? Are there any around?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:13:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra jingles her purse
[Thu Jul 20 22:13:52 2006] : (1) Johann: "Cartographers? all the way out here? Not likely."
[Thu Jul 20 22:14:26 2006] : (1) Johann: "I think he got one of the chapel scribes for the job."
[Thu Jul 20 22:14:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Any idea which one?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:15:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, well, we've got a good reputation there. Maybe we can get some more information from them"
[Thu Jul 20 22:15:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Good point. Lets go"
[Thu Jul 20 22:15:45 2006] : ** No match found
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Thank you for your help."
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Thank you, Johann, you've been very helpfule"
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:26 2006] : (1) Johann: "The map could well be in the chest Mr Black left here. Perhaps, when his kin come to collect it you can ask them to see it."
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra puts a total of 5gp on the bar before leaving
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "Shall we book rooms and drop our stuff off before we leave?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:16:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin stops at the doorway... "Chest?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:17:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Is it not the law that the property of a murderer, or one who attempts murder, is forfeit?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:18:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan tries not to look puzzled
[Thu Jul 20 22:18:32 2006] : (1) Johann: "That's a matter for the watch."
[Thu Jul 20 22:18:54 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We shall bring it to their attention."
[Thu Jul 20 22:19:09 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc "well, we've got a ...
[Thu Jul 20 22:19:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "Shall we book rooms and drop our stuff off before we leave?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:19:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Good idea"
[Thu Jul 20 22:19:58 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd like a room for the night"
[Thu Jul 20 22:20:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Very good idea."
[Thu Jul 20 22:20:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And a bath before diner would be great as well"
[Thu Jul 20 22:20:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "Same arrangement as last time, two to a room?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:21:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, why not?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:21:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye."
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:01 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan quickly drops off his bedroll and other heavy gear, then goes back downstairs
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc provided that we got rooms that is
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:19 2006] : (1) Johann: 1 gp each per night.
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn peeks in at Mr. Black's room.
[Thu Jul 20 22:22:33 2006] : (1) Johann: Mr Black's room is locked.
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Right, let us go to the Chapel."
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:13 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan has a drink of something while he waits
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra drops off het stuff and comes back down again
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan downs the drink and follows
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin follows
[Thu Jul 20 22:24:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "How about something to eat before we go find that clerk?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:25:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How about later?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:25:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Didn't we miss breakfast already?
[Thu Jul 20 22:26:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "After all that carrying this mornign, I'm hungry"
[Thu Jul 20 22:26:14 2006] : (1) DM: At the chapel you locate the the scribe who copied the map. He remembered that it was a map of the marches and indicated a number of what were presumably towns or villages. Some corresponded to Northwatch and the Line, others were in the middle of nowhere.
[Thu Jul 20 22:26:33 2006] : (1) DM: There was text on the map but it wasn't in common and the scribe couldn't read it.
[Thu Jul 20 22:27:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "But it was in the same lettering as Common?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:27:34 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Could you reproduce it for us?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:28:08 2006] : (1) Scribe: "I'm sorry. But I cannot remember any of the details that would make it useful to you."
[Thu Jul 20 22:28:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah well, it was worth trying"
[Thu Jul 20 22:28:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "Thanks for your time"
[Thu Jul 20 22:28:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: "It seems we need the original"
[Thu Jul 20 22:28:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "But it was in the same lettering as Common?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:02 2006] : (1) Scribe: "They were similar to modern letters but of an archaic form. Only seen on texts from hundreds of years ago."
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:20 2006] : (1) Scribe: ooc I did see that the first time. Typing is slow.
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then I think we should try to find the original."
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Ah, interesting. How many people would be able to read that then?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:43 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "To the Watch, or do we investigate the room ourselves?
[Thu Jul 20 22:29:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Perhaps we can *find* it in his chest"
[Thu Jul 20 22:30:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I dont think they'll help us"
[Thu Jul 20 22:30:20 2006] : (1) Scribe: "I couldn't say since I didn't recognize the language. I would hazard very few could read it."
[Thu Jul 20 22:30:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then to the Inn."
[Thu Jul 20 22:30:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "There is a very simple spell that would enable me to read it"
[Thu Jul 20 22:30:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Did that man seem to be able to make sense of it?"
[Thu Jul 20 22:31:22 2006] : (1) Scribe: "Oh yes, he was most particular about having the text copied exactly."
[Thu Jul 20 22:31:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "As soon as we find the map you can try to read it, for now I'd prepare other spells, Dan"
[Thu Jul 20 22:31:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So he might hae been some kind of scholar then"
[Thu Jul 20 22:32:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I think we should check the room."
[Thu Jul 20 22:32:47 2006] : (1) Scribe: GAME END