Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 08 June 2006

[Thu Jun 8 20:01:02 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 8 20:01:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 45 seconds Henry! Tsk Tsk ;)
[Thu Jun 8 20:01:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: :-P
[Thu Jun 8 20:01:53 2006] : (1) DM: You returned to the surface to find that the sun has set and it's growing dark.
[Thu Jun 8 20:02:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: That building we found the snake in. We should camp there
[Thu Jun 8 20:02:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "That building we found the snake in. We should camp there"
[Thu Jun 8 20:02:46 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn has a fire going, and appears to have cooked some sort of stew
[Thu Jun 8 20:02:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "Urgh, wherever you think. I'm really not up to going far"
[Thu Jun 8 20:03:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are you sure? It seems to be a bit close to those creepy-crawlies fromt the other building"
[Thu Jun 8 20:03:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We're in no state to go any further. Only other place is back underground"
[Thu Jun 8 20:04:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Right, that other building it is" Aliatra shudders
[Thu Jun 8 20:05:37 2006] : (1) DM: ooc a reminder, the north most building had the snake, the south most the tunnel and the building to the east has the stairs down.
[Thu Jun 8 20:06:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yeah, North was left
[Thu Jun 8 20:06:45 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits by the fire feeling weak
[Thu Jun 8 20:07:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it takes 24 hrs for the strength damage to heal naturally
[Thu Jun 8 20:07:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra checks her wounds
[Thu Jun 8 20:07:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jun 8 20:08:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you gain HP equal to 2x your level from resting, Aliatra.
[Thu Jun 8 20:08:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc ty
[Thu Jun 8 20:08:30 2006] : (1) DM: Are you going to camp here overnight or the full 24 hrs?
[Thu Jun 8 20:08:52 2006] : (1) DM: What watches are you setting?
[Thu Jun 8 20:09:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc dont think Dan is fit enough to do anything til he recovers
[Thu Jun 8 20:09:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: I think that if we feel still weak when waking up, we'll decide to stay here a while longer
[Thu Jun 8 20:09:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I'm inclined to suggest a full day's rest - it would not seem good to face beasts while weakened."
[Thu Jun 8 20:10:22 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan lies down in front of the fire and rests
[Thu Jun 8 20:10:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That sounds like a plan, Caraegyn"
[Thu Jun 8 20:11:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What do you think: 4 hour watches, one fighter and one not fighter at a time?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:11:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Those of us with no particular injury can sit and talk, or rest in the sunlight."
[Thu Jun 8 20:11:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would seem sensible."
[Thu Jun 8 20:11:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Aye, I dont feel quite right and Dan looks like he can hardly breathe"
[Thu Jun 8 20:12:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'll take first watch then"
[Thu Jun 8 20:12:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I just need to get my strength back and I'll be fine"
[Thu Jun 8 20:14:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra sits back and closes her eyes
[Thu Jun 8 20:14:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: "That was a strange thing we saw down there. A thing I'd be never to see again"
[Thu Jun 8 20:14:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc +happy
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What was it?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Some kind of shadow creature"
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Sounds unpleasant."
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hard to describe. More like a shadow that a real thing"
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "It was undead, whatever else it was"
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc (and I missed out on the XP!"
[Thu Jun 8 20:15:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why couldn't I hit it?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:16:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I was sure I'd hit it a few times, but my sword just went throught"
[Thu Jun 8 20:16:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't know Ali"
[Thu Jun 8 20:16:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Even this fancy dagger didn't seem much better"
[Thu Jun 8 20:16:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think it may have something to do with it not having a physical body"
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:04 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hmm"
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "I seem to recall that incorporeal creatures are totally unaffected by non-magical attacks"
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc pizzaaaaaaaa!
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes out the dagger
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "And even with magical weapons, there is still a chance that you may miss"
[Thu Jun 8 20:17:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I thought, after that talk we had just before, that you would be the one to tell us things like that"
[Thu Jun 8 20:18:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ""
[Thu Jun 8 20:18:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I wouldn't mind a bigger version of this"
[Thu Jun 8 20:18:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "The only sure bets are force magic, such as my Magic missiles"
[Thu Jun 8 20:18:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And you never bothered to tell me, did you? What a shame"
[Thu Jun 8 20:18:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "Even my rays to affect unded can miss"
[Thu Jun 8 20:19:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't know if you noticed, but I was hit by the thing straight away and it nearly killed me"
[Thu Jun 8 20:19:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "I may have had other things on my mind"
[Thu Jun 8 20:19:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Shouldn't go sliding down slides in the dark then"
[Thu Jun 8 20:19:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "I walked down"
[Thu Jun 8 20:19:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm not mad, I was just saying. You need to share information if you want us to life"
[Thu Jun 8 20:20:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually the shadow can't kill -- strength of 0 is just immobile.
[Thu Jun 8 20:20:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe you should've slid down then"
[Thu Jun 8 20:20:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "It never came to me until now"
[Thu Jun 8 20:20:33 2006] : (3) Dan: "As I said, I was a little stressed, not the best time for remembering old information"
[Thu Jun 8 20:21:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Its true that sometimes I find it hard to think while fighting"
[Thu Jun 8 20:21:11 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc and on your way to joining him as a shadow IIRC, I'd say that was dead :P
[Thu Jun 8 20:21:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc nah, undead :P
[Thu Jun 8 20:21:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 8 20:21:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'll try and get some rest now"
[Thu Jun 8 20:22:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra lies down and falls asleep
[Thu Jun 8 20:22:20 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin takes the first watch while the rest of you turn in for the night.
[Thu Jun 8 20:23:14 2006] : (3) Dan: ZzzzZZZzzz
[Thu Jun 8 20:23:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin moves over to Car and wakes him carefully
[Thu Jun 8 20:23:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "shhhh"
[Thu Jun 8 20:23:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Mmmf? What?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:24:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "WAKE UP!"
[Thu Jun 8 20:24:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What? What are you on about?" Caraegyn springs to his feet, hand already on his spear
[Thu Jun 8 20:24:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: "A Bear!"
[Thu Jun 8 20:25:14 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Where?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:25:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Keep quiet and still, and try not to be noticed. Be ready though."
[Thu Jun 8 20:25:52 2006] : (1) DM: For those that are awake, there's a large brown bear to the south on the edge of the firelight, it's looking at you warily.
[Thu Jun 8 20:26:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Dan is probably awake but resting, he only needs to trance for 4 hours
[Thu Jun 8 20:26:36 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn wakes Dan and Aliatra, trying not to startle the bear
[Thu Jun 8 20:26:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What? Is it time yet?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:00 2006] : (1) DM: After a short while the bear turns and ambles off to the west, satisfied that you're not a threat.
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Shh! bear!"
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I don't see anything"
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan whispers"OK, I see it. I was awake"
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra turns over and falls asleep again
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc: I said that before the bear left.
[Thu Jun 8 20:27:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I thought it would attack"
[Thu Jun 8 20:28:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Better that we were all awake."
[Thu Jun 8 20:28:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: "The bears back home tended to fight"
[Thu Jun 8 20:28:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They weren't brown though, if that makes a difference"
[Thu Jun 8 20:29:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ah well. I'll keep look out for a while longer"
[Thu Jun 8 20:29:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Zzzz ... normal weapon doesn't hit ... can tell you what ... never opened your mouth .... zzzz ... almost killed us all ..."
[Thu Jun 8 20:30:33 2006] : (1) DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully except for the return of the bear to its den in the south building.
[Thu Jun 8 20:31:42 2006] : (1) DM: The following day starts fine but around lunch time the clouds gather and it starts to rain. It looks set to rain for the rest of the day.
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That's all we needed, lousy weather"
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan continues to rest
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc whats the 10-day forecast?
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's a bit bleak isn't it"
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc pinecone says wet.
[Thu Jun 8 20:32:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "It wont bother us when we go back underground"
[Thu Jun 8 20:33:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye, but not any worse than the marsh."
[Thu Jun 8 20:33:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "No indeed"
[Thu Jun 8 20:33:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm going to spend the day working on a new spear - carving the shaft. Going for masterwork.
[Thu Jun 8 20:33:40 2006] : (1) DM: There's some shelter to be had under the tees.
[Thu Jun 8 20:33:47 2006] : (1) DM: trees
[Thu Jun 8 20:34:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc is there no roof where we are?
[Thu Jun 8 20:34:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc nope.
[Thu Jun 8 20:35:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the only nearby full shelter is the ruin's celler.
[Thu Jun 8 20:35:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How about we head underground now? This rain looks like its on for the day"
[Thu Jun 8 20:35:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Where do we go now? Into the woods or underground?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:35:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "No point getting soaked"
[Thu Jun 8 20:36:14 2006] : (3) Dan: "Underground we'll need light"
[Thu Jun 8 20:36:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can cast the light spell which will last 2 hours a time"
[Thu Jun 8 20:36:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "And I can learn 4 per day"
[Thu Jun 8 20:37:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We could light a fire near the entrance"
[Thu Jun 8 20:37:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And what if we're attacked? You'll have used up all your spells"
[Thu Jun 8 20:37:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "Only my cantrips"
[Thu Jun 8 20:38:04 2006] : (3) Dan: "Light is a very simple spell"
[Thu Jun 8 20:38:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yeah, sure, whatever"
[Thu Jun 8 20:39:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Is something the matter"
[Thu Jun 8 20:39:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ?
[Thu Jun 8 20:39:21 2006] : (1) DM: If you just wait in the corridor near the stairs there's enough light during the day to see.
[Thu Jun 8 20:39:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Dan, if you say so that's the way it is"
[Thu Jun 8 20:40:40 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, if you're sure"
[Thu Jun 8 20:40:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "But as you're always saying you need to prepare spells and then run out of them I just wondered"
[Thu Jun 8 20:40:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin ignores the exchange and starts carrying stuff underground
[Thu Jun 8 20:41:18 2006] : (1) DM: You decamp to the celler and towards the end of the day those who lost strength have recovered.
[Thu Jun 8 20:41:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, I run out of useful ones a lot of the time because I can't anticipate what I may need"
[Thu Jun 8 20:41:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gets up and follows Adrin
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:06 2006] : (1) DM: It's dusk and nearly too dark to see underground (except those with low-light vision etc.). It's still raining outside.
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hence why I go to the considerable expense of scribing scrolls whenever I can"
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin gets up and stretches "You know, I'm feeling much better"
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, it just seemed a shame to me to waste them on a spell we don't really need, that's all"
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "That way I have contingency spells when I need them"
[Thu Jun 8 20:42:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra starts helping Adrin
[Thu Jun 8 20:43:21 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you going to spend the night?
[Thu Jun 8 20:43:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Whatever those are"
[Thu Jun 8 20:43:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Once underground, Dan uses what's left of the light to read Light spells
[Thu Jun 8 20:43:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Depends, if the rain stops I'll sleep above ground, otherwise below
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I suggest waiting for dawn to enter once more - it would seem to be the weakest time for the undead."
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Once Done, Dan casts Light onto his backpack
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I dont know Car. Its pretty wet up there"
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc <--- wimpiest barbarian in the world :)>
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc < wimpiest barbarian in the world :)>
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I think he means before getting further down
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc hmmm
[Thu Jun 8 20:44:58 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "A little water will not kill us, but the undead might."
[Thu Jun 8 20:45:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc wimpiest barbarian in the world :)
[Thu Jun 8 20:45:22 2006] : (3) Dan: "If you wish to extinguish the light, you can put a cloak over the backpack"
[Thu Jun 8 20:45:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Now thats a good point Car. A bit of rain never hurt anyone, according to my mum"
[Thu Jun 8 20:46:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have a tent in my pack if we are staying out in the rain"
[Thu Jun 8 20:46:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "But it's not big enough for all of us"
[Thu Jun 8 20:47:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "My skin is waterproof, though it might not be comfortable."
[Thu Jun 8 20:48:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc could we advance to the camping so we can proceed to the monsters...?
[Thu Jun 8 20:48:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Sure
[Thu Jun 8 20:48:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc wall ready!
[Thu Jun 8 20:48:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc all
[Thu Jun 8 20:49:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc where!
[Thu Jun 8 20:49:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc ?
[Thu Jun 8 20:49:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc topside
[Thu Jun 8 20:49:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back in the 'snake shed'
[Thu Jun 8 20:50:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan does his best to erect his tent and rest in it
[Thu Jun 8 20:50:18 2006] : (1) DM: Okay you spend an uneventful night getting wet. The rain stops early in the morning and you awaken to the dawn song of the birds.
[Thu Jun 8 20:50:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Damn birds! Why are they always so happy in the morning?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Because they can pester you?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 5am right outside my bedroom window!
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:22 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc how many days are we resting for?
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:37 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you've all fully recovered.
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc 24 hrs
[Thu Jun 8 20:51:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 24 hrs + 1 night.
[Thu Jun 8 20:53:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Seems strange to be heading underground just as the sun comes up"
[Thu Jun 8 20:53:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Better that than facing undead at night."
[Thu Jun 8 20:53:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are we sure we want to do this?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:54:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: "If you reckon it makes a difference, then I'll take your word for it"
[Thu Jun 8 20:54:11 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Of course."
[Thu Jun 8 20:54:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets go then"
[Thu Jun 8 20:54:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc hrm. the rules are actually 1 point of ability damage per 8 hrs of rest or 2 per 24 hrs.
[Thu Jun 8 20:55:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc too late :-P
[Thu Jun 8 20:55:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc we should probably do it by the rules.
[Thu Jun 8 20:55:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 8 20:55:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc so you've recovered 3 points of damage so far. Going rest some more or what?
[Thu Jun 8 20:56:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 1 in 8, or 2 in 24? have they never heard of things being cheaper in bulk??
[Thu Jun 8 20:56:04 2006] : (3) Dan: "I am feeling much better now, although not 100% healed, i would be happy to continue"
[Thu Jun 8 20:56:26 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc so do we get 3 back for 1 night and 24 hours?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:56:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think so.
[Thu Jun 8 20:56:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Craft Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:05 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan packs up his tent and picks up his pack
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well I feel great. Lets go"
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's not too bad now"
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think you're spear shaft is somewhat crooked.
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how many did you lose?
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc your
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Well, that's a day put to poor use. Never mind."
[Thu Jun 8 20:57:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm still a lot weaker than I should be, it will have its effects when I fight"
[Thu Jun 8 20:58:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I was down 9
[Thu Jun 8 20:58:31 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc wow!
[Thu Jun 8 20:58:45 2006] : (3) Dan: "Maybe we should wait a few more days Ali?"
[Thu Jun 8 20:58:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Aliatra the shadow punching bag ;)
[Thu Jun 8 20:58:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc So now I'm at 12
[Thu Jun 8 20:59:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Which isn't bad, unless you're a tank, which I am
[Thu Jun 8 21:00:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc feel free to camp some more (providing you have the rations for it).
[Thu Jun 8 21:00:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: "If you can't handle it maybe we could wait a bit longer"
[Thu Jun 8 21:00:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc just state how many days.
[Thu Jun 8 21:00:43 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I'm happy to wait."
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc do rations last a day?
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We could have a poke around that other building to pass the time"
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:33 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes. they're "daily" rations aren't they?
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:40 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I have 8 left and I can share them
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have rations if we need to wait"
[Thu Jun 8 21:01:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I still have 15
[Thu Jun 8 21:02:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I have 5 left
[Thu Jun 8 21:02:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "Enough to share some"
[Thu Jun 8 21:02:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc got 5
[Thu Jun 8 21:02:24 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc pick a number of days Ali
[Thu Jun 8 21:02:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I have plenty of food and a look around might be a good idea. I don't fancy facing any uindead until I've become stronger"
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:09 2006] : (3) Dan: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17)
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan misisters to Ali
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc 1 or 2 days should do it to get my strength up so much she;ll trust herself
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc heal 4 per 24 hours
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 2 more days to heal completely
[Thu Jun 8 21:03:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I'm fully healed already
[Thu Jun 8 21:04:02 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc misisters = ministers
[Thu Jun 8 21:04:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It's just my strength
[Thu Jun 8 21:04:28 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 2 days = 8 Str back
[Thu Jun 8 21:04:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc healling can improve the rate of ability point recovery also.
[Thu Jun 8 21:05:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Shouldn't my first healing attempt have had an effect as well then?
[Thu Jun 8 21:05:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually, not on yourself you can't. (just looked at the rules).
[Thu Jun 8 21:06:18 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'm happy to still be down as long as you are better
[Thu Jun 8 21:06:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc physician, heal thyself
[Thu Jun 8 21:06:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "As I said before, I need you in front of me. I'll make sure that you are better!"
[Thu Jun 8 21:06:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc 2 days at 4 points a day should be more than enough
[Thu Jun 8 21:07:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc monsters get bored and wander off for more interesting adventurers to devour ;)
[Thu Jun 8 21:07:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "Look what happens when I got in front of you!"
[Thu Jun 8 21:07:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 8 21:07:55 2006] : (1) DM: Okay one day later. Everyone is fully healed and itching to delve into the depths of the celler.
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Are we ready to raid the ruins then?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:02 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan packs up his things at the end of the days
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Craft Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Actually, 1 more day should do it, that makes it only 2 down, at 16 :)
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:10 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (for the second day)
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think so"
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's do it"
[Thu Jun 8 21:08:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin is itching to get going
[Thu Jun 8 21:09:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Are we there yet?
[Thu Jun 8 21:09:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets her weapons, ignoring the fact she still feels slightly weaker than normally
[Thu Jun 8 21:09:46 2006] : (1) DM: ooc One masterwork spear, Caraegyn.
[Thu Jun 8 21:10:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc oh, nice
[Thu Jun 8 21:10:49 2006] : (3) Dan: Once at the top of the stairs...
[Thu Jun 8 21:10:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours
[Thu Jun 8 21:11:28 2006] : (1) DM: Heading down the spiral stair-slide?
[Thu Jun 8 21:11:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Yep.
[Thu Jun 8 21:11:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep, stepping over the first step
[Thu Jun 8 21:11:59 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds up the lantern and is careful of the top step
[Thu Jun 8 21:12:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin carefully steps on the SECOND step
[Thu Jun 8 21:12:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc pretend you can't see the whole map...
[Thu Jun 8 21:12:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc what map?
[Thu Jun 8 21:12:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc it's fogged now!
[Thu Jun 8 21:12:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: It is!
[Thu Jun 8 21:13:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra is in front, sword in hand
[Thu Jun 8 21:13:30 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin is alongside, likewise
[Thu Jun 8 21:14:03 2006] : (1) DM: Shortly after the stairs is a sturdy metal door on the right handside.
[Thu Jun 8 21:14:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tries the doorhandle
[Thu Jun 8 21:14:46 2006] : (1) DM: The door doesn't budge.
[Thu Jun 8 21:14:49 2006] : ** (3) Dan pretends he remembers what the map looked like ;) **
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's go on, we can break down that door later"
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:22 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, we can try to bash it or I can use that stone"
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin moves on
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:50 2006] : (1) DM: The corridor continues onwards for some 100 ft or so
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Walking on
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "If it's not going to open, we should be safe for now."
[Thu Jun 8 21:15:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: (keeping an eye out for anything odd)
[Thu Jun 8 21:16:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
[Thu Jun 8 21:16:23 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stays in the missle of the group
[Thu Jun 8 21:16:32 2006] : (1) DM: Up ahead you can see the corridor opens out into a room and hear some chittering insect-like noises.
[Thu Jun 8 21:16:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc we have a missile??
[Thu Jun 8 21:16:41 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc hrm, middle
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:01 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:12 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Whats that noise?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Something to kill, perhaps?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Most likely hostile, here."
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Now you're talking!"
[Thu Jun 8 21:17:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds his sword in hand
[Thu Jun 8 21:18:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's move on"
[Thu Jun 8 21:18:35 2006] : (3) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Jun 8 21:18:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:01 2006] : (1) DM: You see a small glowing beetle scurry about in the room. It halts its antennas twitching.
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin stays a few feet behind Ali (shes the tank :) )
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:36 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stops and looks at the beetle
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:50 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:52 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Jun 8 21:19:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 8 21:20:22 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 21:20:44 2006] : (1) DM: Er, Aliatra I meant.
[Thu Jun 8 21:20:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc with a 7??
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL, that's what I thought
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Shooting at #1
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:25 2006] : (1) DM: Your bolt clatters off the the stone floor -- a miss.
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how many are there?
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:39 2006] : (1) DM: You can see three.
[Thu Jun 8 21:21:58 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I can see further, is there anything else visible?
[Thu Jun 8 21:22:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc out of interest, have you shown any more of the map beyond Ali?
[Thu Jun 8 21:22:22 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc "Use group infravision?" Tick.
[Thu Jun 8 21:22:41 2006] : (1) DM: They're about 2 ft long and they glow so the room is illuminated.
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:08 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, are you done?
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:08 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:09 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:11 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 21:23:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 21:24:07 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 21:24:34 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds up the glass bead
[Thu Jun 8 21:24:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Small magical beast): 6hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 6; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d4+2] -> [3,2] = (5) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jun 8 21:25:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc -1 to damage if they aren't evil
[Thu Jun 8 21:25:20 2006] : (1) DM: There's a cruching of chitin.
[Thu Jun 8 21:25:34 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan steps forwards
[Thu Jun 8 21:25:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 8 21:25:50 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 8 21:26:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc did you clear any more map DM? It ends at Ali
[Thu Jun 8 21:26:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Erm... I can't see the map
[Thu Jun 8 21:26:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: and stabbing
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc gah, my dice hate me.
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I can see 2 rooms at the top, one small, one enormous
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:20 2006] : (1) DM: The beetle skitters to one side and you miss.
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Tsk, you can't see that large room.
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc SOrry, I can see just the one, small, room at the top
[Thu Jun 8 21:27:55 2006] : (1) DM: On the east side of the room is a set of large double doors. They're closed.
[Thu Jun 8 21:28:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc there's a map??? ;)
[Thu Jun 8 21:28:10 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 21:28:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep, there's a map, but the fog has gone
[Thu Jun 8 21:28:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: move to #1 and swing
[Thu Jun 8 21:28:59 2006] : (1) DM: I forgot to mention that the dead body you encountered when you were down here last has been picked clean and only bones remain.
[Thu Jun 8 21:29:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [2,4,3] = (9)
[Thu Jun 8 21:29:18 2006] : (1) DM: Nearly taking out Caraegyn...
[Thu Jun 8 21:29:36 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: The beetles surround Adrin
[Thu Jun 8 21:29:46 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: And attack!
[Thu Jun 8 21:29:58 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5), [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18), [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 21:30:24 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: Pincers nip your legs. [2d4] -> [2,2] = (4) damage.
[Thu Jun 8 21:30:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hey!"
[Thu Jun 8 21:30:38 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 21:31:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Shooting #1 again
[Thu Jun 8 21:31:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 8 21:31:29 2006] : (1) DM: You appear to be standing on a beetle.
[Thu Jun 8 21:31:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc and shooting through me :/
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc The map is playing up
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:04 2006] : (1) DM: It flips over.
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:10 2006] : (1) DM: Dead.
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it's me, sorry
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:34 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn. And stop messing about with the map, everyone's seen it now.
[Thu Jun 8 21:32:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc is it? you're greyer than I remember
[Thu Jun 8 21:33:01 2006] : (3) Dan: Celestial Dog: Dog attacks: Bite [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jun 8 21:33:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc on 1
[Thu Jun 8 21:33:28 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra just killed 1
[Thu Jun 8 21:33:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Pay attention! :)
[Thu Jun 8 21:33:52 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ,oh on the next nearest
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:08 2006] : (1) DM: It rips off an antenna
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan steps forwards and attacks 3
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Longsword (base): [1d20+0] -> [6,0] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:33 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:42 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 8 21:34:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Stepping around, and attacking no. 2
[Thu Jun 8 21:35:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [3,3,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 8 21:35:40 2006] : (1) DM: Skewered. It takes a heafty shake to get it off your spear.
[Thu Jun 8 21:35:53 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: turn and attack 3
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,4,3] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:11 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc +2 for flanking.
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:29 2006] : (1) DM: They're pretty nimble.
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: and small
[Thu Jun 8 21:36:53 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: It attacks Adrin again: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 21:37:07 2006] : (1) Fire Beetle: And blunts its pincers on your armour.
[Thu Jun 8 21:37:15 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 8 21:38:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: What's still there? I can't see a thing
[Thu Jun 8 21:38:39 2006] : (1) DM: #3 is left.
[Thu Jun 8 21:38:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: just '3 left
[Thu Jun 8 21:38:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Attacking then
[Thu Jun 8 21:38:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [1,4,5] = (10)
[Thu Jun 8 21:39:28 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra smashes the remaining beetle to bits with a wet crunch and a spatter of gore.
[Thu Jun 8 21:39:43 2006] : (1) DM: 75 XP each.
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:19 2006] : (1) DM: Now you're not distracted by the combat you notice a faint smell of rotting flesh wafting through the large doors.
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They were hard to hit"
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Not too hard"
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Aye, but not terribly dangerous."
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:39 2006] : (1) DM: And as you look around you see a pile of assorted bones heaped in one corner.
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I hate that smell"
[Thu Jun 8 21:40:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes. I'm much less useful with the sword than I am with this lantern."
[Thu Jun 8 21:41:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Thats never a good smell"
[Thu Jun 8 21:41:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "Umm, I mean with the bow"
[Thu Jun 8 21:41:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 8 21:41:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What are these bones? Prey of the beetles or of something else?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:41:40 2006] : (1) DM: on the top of the pile are two almost complete skeletons, one with tatters of leather armour and one if shreds of some sort of clothing.
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:03 2006] : (1) DM: You may examine the bones closer if you wish.
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:15 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Those beetles could not have killed them, could they?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They probably fed off anything that shadow thing killed"
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:31 2006] : (1) DM: Aiming it in which direction? At the bones?
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan concentrates on the pile of bones
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "If it was something else, then perhaps it is still around as a threat."
[Thu Jun 8 21:42:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra examines the bones more closely
[Thu Jun 8 21:43:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can discern nothing magical in there"
[Thu Jun 8 21:43:54 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think that next time we plan on entering a dungeon, I shall learn a light spell."
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:04 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra pokes though the pile and uncovers a short sword and a well-chewed wooden staff.
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "That way I shall not be left with one hand busy"
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc oo-er ;)
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:29 2006] : (1) DM: Except for the two top skeletons most of the other bones appear to animal in nature.
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin moves to look at the 'things in the middle'
[Thu Jun 8 21:44:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "More animals than people here. Anyone needs a sword or staff?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:45:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's probably worth keeping the sword, to sell it"
[Thu Jun 8 21:45:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Alright"
[Thu Jun 8 21:45:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "The staff looks a bit gnawed"
[Thu Jun 8 21:46:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "So, do we open this door, or go back to the last one?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:46:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's try this one first, we need to go back anyway and can try that other one on our way out"
[Thu Jun 8 21:47:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan examines the door first
[Thu Jun 8 21:47:17 2006] : (3) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Jun 8 21:47:33 2006] : (1) DM: Its made of some sort of black metal. You find nothing unusual with the door.
[Thu Jun 8 21:48:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc does the black metal resemble the doors onthe other tower?
[Thu Jun 8 21:48:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, to your untrained eye.
[Thu Jun 8 21:48:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 8 21:48:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can't see anything unusual other than the black metal"
[Thu Jun 8 21:48:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we press on?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:49:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I would prefer to check for traps first."
[Thu Jun 8 21:49:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That metal looks famikliar. Does the door open?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:49:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Jun 8 21:49:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (taking 20)
[Thu Jun 8 21:50:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It appears safe."
[Thu Jun 8 21:50:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn tries the door.
[Thu Jun 8 21:50:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Dan stands around and watches his Shield spell fizzle out while Car searches"
[Thu Jun 8 21:50:52 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands around and watches his Shield spell fizzle out while Car searches
[Thu Jun 8 21:50:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "Oh well"
[Thu Jun 8 21:51:01 2006] : (1) DM: The door swings open
[Thu Jun 8 21:51:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'd rather that than get hit by a trap"
[Thu Jun 8 21:51:43 2006] : (1) DM: As you look inside you see a dead body in armour sprawed on the floor. Several bolts are sticking out of it.
[Thu Jun 8 21:52:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Something to be wary of, I fear."
[Thu Jun 8 21:52:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hmm, either soneone else was here or he walked into a trap"
[Thu Jun 8 21:53:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can summon a beast to walk forwards if you wish"
[Thu Jun 8 21:53:06 2006] : (1) DM: The room is at least 30 ft by 30 ft and there's a piller and some large stone object next to the piller.
[Thu Jun 8 21:53:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Jun 8 21:54:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, let's see what your deciy attracts"
[Thu Jun 8 21:54:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "One decoy coming up"
[Thu Jun 8 21:54:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Any visible writing on the pillar?"
[Thu Jun 8 21:54:48 2006] : (3) Dan: "If you agree Car, you seem to know more about traps than any of the rest of us"
[Thu Jun 8 21:54:51 2006] : (1) DM: It looks like a regular stone piller from that distance.
[Thu Jun 8 21:55:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin picks up one of the insect bodies and throws it inside
[Thu Jun 8 21:56:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "Or we could do that, but maybe they aren't heavy enough"
[Thu Jun 8 21:56:33 2006] : (1) DM: As Adrin tosses the body inside you hear whiring noises from the left and right then a "Tak" and two bolts wizz past from the left and right.
[Thu Jun 8 21:56:42 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I do not know if those bolts are from trap or bow, but they were a danger to him."
[Thu Jun 8 21:56:54 2006] : (1) DM: One of the bolts strikes the insets body and the other skims past and clatters agains the floor.
[Thu Jun 8 21:57:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin picks up another of the insect bodies and throws it inside
[Thu Jun 8 21:57:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Well done, friend. A dangerous trap, I suspect."
[Thu Jun 8 21:57:36 2006] : (1) DM: More whiring and two more bolt zoom past and hit the floor near the insect body.
[Thu Jun 8 21:57:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "in the time you'd all talk about it the trap would fall apart itself"
[Thu Jun 8 21:58:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "JUst one more bug to go"
[Thu Jun 8 21:58:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn holds a spear inside the room
[Thu Jun 8 21:58:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin throws the last one in
[Thu Jun 8 21:58:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "There is something moving inside the room"
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:12 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yeah, that dead bug I just threw in"
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:27 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan peers into the gloom
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:31 2006] : (1) DM: Something small zooms past Adrin's ear. Roll initiative.
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:36 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jun 8 21:59:46 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Jun 8 22:00:20 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Jun 8 22:00:33 2006] : (1) DM: Something pings off your armour, Adrin.
[Thu Jun 8 22:00:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What was that?"
[Thu Jun 8 22:01:17 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn. Whatever struck you is firing from across the room where it's too dark for you to see.
[Thu Jun 8 22:01:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Car was searching for traps, I'd not have been at the front when the door was opened
[Thu Jun 8 22:01:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wish I knew, but I hardly saw it"
[Thu Jun 8 22:02:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: Duck behind the wall
[Thu Jun 8 22:02:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "There's something small and shiny near the rubble"
[Thu Jun 8 22:02:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I can't see anything in there!"
[Thu Jun 8 22:02:51 2006] : (3) Dan: "About 2 feet long"
[Thu Jun 8 22:03:03 2006] : (1) DM: Anything else Adrin?
[Thu Jun 8 22:03:09 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shines the lantern at it
[Thu Jun 8 22:03:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: done. waiting to be able to see stuff
[Thu Jun 8 22:04:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Caraegyn, you can just make out something 2-3 ft long and shiny lurking near the rubble.
[Thu Jun 8 22:04:43 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:04:46 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Get back, draw it out of there!"
[Thu Jun 8 22:04:58 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm closing one of the doors, and readying an attack.
[Thu Jun 8 22:05:10 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Jun 8 22:05:14 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (against the first enemy to come through the open door)
[Thu Jun 8 22:05:14 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 8 22:05:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Trying to get a clear shot at it
[Thu Jun 8 22:06:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
[Thu Jun 8 22:06:10 2006] : (1) DM: Your bolt goes wide.
[Thu Jun 8 22:06:20 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:06:27 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): Deals [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage
[Thu Jun 8 22:07:13 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds the lantern and shines it into the room
[Thu Jun 8 22:07:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 8 22:07:24 2006] : (1) DM: You missle streaks towards the mechanical thing.
[Thu Jun 8 22:07:56 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:04 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:13 2006] : (1) Contructs: Anothing bolt, aimed at Aliatra this time.
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:16 2006] : (1) Contructs: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:44 2006] : (1) Contructs: A hit, a small dart pierces you. [2d4+1] -> [2,4,1] = (7) damage
[Thu Jun 8 22:08:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Ouch!
[Thu Jun 8 22:09:20 2006] : (1) Contructs: It scuttles on its numerous legs to the piller for some cover.
[Thu Jun 8 22:09:33 2006] : (1) Contructs: ooc it now has 50% cover
[Thu Jun 8 22:09:44 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:10:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: I'll hold until the the doorway is clear
[Thu Jun 8 22:10:38 2006] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Jun 8 22:10:43 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Still hanging back, attack readied.
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:12 2006] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:20 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc mexican standoff?
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Getting in and whacking it
[Thu Jun 8 22:11:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [5,5,5] = (15)
[Thu Jun 8 22:12:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Wah!
[Thu Jun 8 22:12:15 2006] : (1) DM: You can't move that far.
[Thu Jun 8 22:12:28 2006] : (1) DM: Can't charge because it's behind the piller.
[Thu Jun 8 22:12:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: No attack then, how far can I go?
[Thu Jun 8 22:13:14 2006] : (1) DM: 2x20 ft = 40 ft or 60 ft if you run in a straight line.
[Thu Jun 8 22:13:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc So with 5 ft/square I can reach it
[Thu Jun 8 22:13:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: doors clear, so I run in after her
[Thu Jun 8 22:13:59 2006] : (1) DM: Yes, but you can't attack.
[Thu Jun 8 22:14:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: No attack, check
[Thu Jun 8 22:14:26 2006] : (1) DM: Okay Adrin make your move.
[Thu Jun 8 22:14:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: done
[Thu Jun 8 22:14:53 2006] : (1) DM: The room is about 12 ft high at the lowest point and vaulted.
[Thu Jun 8 22:15:14 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:15:24 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc where is Adrin?
[Thu Jun 8 22:15:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: I moved it just above the grey pillar
[Thu Jun 8 22:15:44 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc he can attack can't he? 40 ft move?
[Thu Jun 8 22:15:56 2006] : (1) DM: In the western corners are two metal objects affixed to the ceiling
[Thu Jun 8 22:16:20 2006] : (1) DM: They're about 3 ft tall.
[Thu Jun 8 22:16:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yeah, 40ft move
[Thu Jun 8 22:16:39 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:16:48 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 8 22:16:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc keep forgetting that
[Thu Jun 8 22:17:22 2006] : (1) DM: Er. Attack then Adrin...
[Thu Jun 8 22:17:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok
[Thu Jun 8 22:17:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,6,3] = (15)
[Thu Jun 8 22:17:42 2006] : (1) DM: A miss.
[Thu Jun 8 22:17:45 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan moves cautiously into the room
[Thu Jun 8 22:18:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Small magical beast): 6hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 6; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6) ==> Damage: [1d4+2] -> [4,2] = (6) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jun 8 22:18:54 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Done
[Thu Jun 8 22:19:46 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc what about me?
[Thu Jun 8 22:19:53 2006] : (1) Contructs: The mechanical legged thing attacks Aliatra with a saw blade attached to it's metal carapace.. [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Thu Jun 8 22:20:05 2006] : (1) Contructs: ooc you readied an attack.
[Thu Jun 8 22:20:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [6,3,5] = (14)
[Thu Jun 8 22:20:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 8 22:20:40 2006] : (1) Contructs: Take [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4) damage as the blade slices your shins.
[Thu Jun 8 22:21:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Thu Jun 8 22:21:19 2006] : (1) Contructs: There's a whiring from the two turrents and two bolts are fired at Dan. [1d20] -> [19] = (19), [1d20] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 8 22:21:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Right, I'm bleeding again"
[Thu Jun 8 22:21:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Blood!"
[Thu Jun 8 22:21:55 2006] : (1) Contructs: ooc your AC is 18 Dan 'cos the sheild ran out. Take [1d8] -> [2] = (2) damage from a bolt.
[Thu Jun 8 22:22:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I keep changing it, but it doesn't take
[Thu Jun 8 22:22:33 2006] : (1) Contructs: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:22:45 2006] : (3) Dan: "aargh!"
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: turn and charge #1
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: #2
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc its' 9 ft in the air.
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: ah
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:37 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's attached the ceiling which is 12 ft high.
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: just hit #1 then
[Thu Jun 8 22:23:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,6,3] = (15)
[Thu Jun 8 22:24:02 2006] : (1) DM: You can strike it with a greatsword actually, it's long enough.
[Thu Jun 8 22:24:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok can I have that on #2 then?
[Thu Jun 8 22:24:27 2006] : (1) DM: yeah
[Thu Jun 8 22:25:02 2006] : (1) DM: You strike it a the metal plating dents.
[Thu Jun 8 22:25:20 2006] : (1) DM: Quite severly.
[Thu Jun 8 22:25:34 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 8 22:25:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Moving into the room, and flinging a spear at #2.
[Thu Jun 8 22:26:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear (ranged skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [3,2,3] = (8)
[Thu Jun 8 22:26:53 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc is a mounted turret thing always flat footed?
[Thu Jun 8 22:27:02 2006] : (1) DM: You spear smashes into the turrent and there's a loud *ker-sprong* and bits of metal spring apart.
[Thu Jun 8 22:27:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it has no dex, so yes.
[Thu Jun 8 22:27:37 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Smashing the construct
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [4,2,5] = (11)
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+10] -> [6,2,4,1,10] = (23)
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc oops, forgot the DR. oh well.
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc skirmish doesn't rely on flat-footedness. It's whether or not I've moved 10 feet in the round.
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc thats gonna bruise
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:37 2006] : (1) DM: Crushed into small bits of scrap.
[Thu Jun 8 22:28:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You would think so, yes
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:08 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:23 2006] : (3) Dan: Dog runs and jumps at the turret
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Celestial Dog: Jump check [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc (the sound of a PHB being flipped)
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 8 22:29:58 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I think it missed - it's only a small dog
[Thu Jun 8 22:30:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc gotta need more thana 12 to jump 9ft!!
[Thu Jun 8 22:30:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc brb - icecream!
[Thu Jun 8 22:30:25 2006] : (1) DM: It doesn't jump anywhere near high enough.
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:05 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan watches the dog
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:17 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan pulls out a scroll and...
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:23 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): Deals [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc does practically nothing
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:44 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Jun 8 22:31:50 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan steps into cover
[Thu Jun 8 22:32:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 8 22:32:28 2006] : (1) Contructs: The last turret whirrs and ta-chak, fires a bolt at Caraegyn: [1d20+0] -> [14,0] = (14)
[Thu Jun 8 22:32:37 2006] : (1) Contructs: Which skims past.
[Thu Jun 8 22:32:45 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 8 22:33:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: any rule against charging twice in 2 rounds?
[Thu Jun 8 22:33:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Nope.
[Thu Jun 8 22:33:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, charge #3
[Thu Jun 8 22:33:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,3,3] = (9)
[Thu Jun 8 22:34:21 2006] : (1) DM: You crack the outer plating a bit.
[Thu Jun 8 22:34:29 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 8 22:34:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Running across, and throwing a spear.
[Thu Jun 8 22:34:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear (ranged skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [6,2,1] = (9)
[Thu Jun 8 22:35:22 2006] : (1) DM: A hit, a pieces of metal falls off.
[Thu Jun 8 22:35:27 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 8 22:35:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Running over
[Thu Jun 8 22:36:32 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 8 22:36:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dog disappears
[Thu Jun 8 22:37:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan moves
[Thu Jun 8 22:37:34 2006] : (3) Dan: Ray of Frost (no save) (base): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d3+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 8 22:37:48 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 8 22:38:23 2006] : (1) Contructs: The turrent whirrs and aims at Caraegyn again: [1d20+0] -> [17,0] = (17)
[Thu Jun 8 22:38:31 2006] : (1) Contructs: A hit. Take [1d8] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 8 22:38:40 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 8 22:38:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 8 22:39:26 2006] : (1) DM: The turrent cracks into two pieces and one part nearly lands on your head.
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmm someone could get hurt by these"
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "Wow, I was not expecting to see automata in here"
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:21 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Less likely now, I suspect."
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What?"
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc The dead parrot sketch is on
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Or even these machines"
[Thu Jun 8 22:40:57 2006] : (1) DM: 480 XP each
[Thu Jun 8 22:41:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ding
[Thu Jun 8 22:41:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Ker-ching
[Thu Jun 8 22:41:36 2006] : (1) DM: The curious contruction in the centre of the room appears to be a large forge with a chimney
[Thu Jun 8 22:42:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I wonder where these things came from"
[Thu Jun 8 22:42:42 2006] : (1) DM: One corner has collapsed and there's a heap of dirt and rocks.
[Thu Jun 8 22:42:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan examines the remains of the turrets and the mobile automaton
[Thu Jun 8 22:42:57 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I've got to go for 30 min or so - Michelle needs picking up. (Women!)
[Thu Jun 8 22:43:11 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END