Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 01 June 2006

[Thu Jun 1 19:36:42 2006] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 1 19:37:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, now that we're all awake and our bloodlust has abated, shall we continue?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:37:36 2006] : (2) DM: You're travelling to the ruins Seraphina mentioned.
[Thu Jun 1 19:37:37 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc heh, cool n oone is there, I won't miss anything :)
[Thu Jun 1 19:38:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How far do we have to go?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:38:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lead on, oh fearless one"
[Thu Jun 1 19:38:57 2006] : (2) DM: It's early in the afternoon and you should reach the ruins by the end of the day (I think -- can't remember how far away I said it was).
[Thu Jun 1 19:39:01 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan tries to remember which direction they were walking in
[Thu Jun 1 19:39:08 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "No bloodlust here, just a sleepy eye."
[Thu Jun 1 19:39:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm not going first! I'm too scared"
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:06 2006] : (2) DM: East
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:08 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "I'll lead the way."
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:23 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Though, of course, I shall expect room to manoeuver!"
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:37 2006] : (6) Lia: "Too scared?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:41 2006] : (6) Lia: "Why are you scared?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:49 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan keeps himself in the middle of the team
[Thu Jun 1 19:40:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What's there to be scared off?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm not scared. Just scared of going first"
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:10 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia walks behind
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "Ah."
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stays at the back bow at the ready
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:26 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia eyes Dan strangely
[Thu Jun 1 19:41:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin trots along somewhere in the middle
[Thu Jun 1 19:42:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "One tap and he's down, I don't blame him for being careful, Lia"
[Thu Jun 1 19:42:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "What is it Lia? I'm not built to be at the front. I'm delicate"
[Thu Jun 1 19:42:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes. Ok."
[Thu Jun 1 19:42:50 2006] : (2) DM: You trudge onwards for some hours.
[Thu Jun 1 19:42:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "All those years of study rather than healthy exercise take their toll"
[Thu Jun 1 19:43:16 2006] : (6) Lia: "indeed"
[Thu Jun 1 19:43:35 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc and as I'm an elf it's apparently taken me 70 years or so to reach level 1 for some reason ;)
[Thu Jun 1 19:43:39 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well I suppose tyou feel about the same as when I am stuck in a library"
[Thu Jun 1 19:43:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You could try and build up some muscle, maybe learn to handle weapons"
[Thu Jun 1 19:43:57 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am here at home, whith the sky above and the goround directly beneath my feet"
[Thu Jun 1 19:44:07 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 1 19:44:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yeah, I learned how to read, maybe you can use a sword"
[Thu Jun 1 19:44:23 2006] : (2) DM: ooc suddenly a huge chasm open up beneath Lia's feet.
[Thu Jun 1 19:44:31 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I KNEW IT. LOL
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:07 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc as I wrote this, I thought...damn, David is gonna have some infernal beast coming up at me or something ;)
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm happy to stand back when it comes to fighting. To have the time to decide in what way I can aid with my spells"
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc well, ikt's your own fault for saying stupid things like that :P
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:29 2006] : (2) DM: You pass by a small wood that's been harvested extensively, ahead is a newly built log house.
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:40 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Do we knock on the door?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Time isn't always available"
[Thu Jun 1 19:45:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Time to thiink? It's always best to be the first to strike"
[Thu Jun 1 19:46:18 2006] : (2) DM: As you approach you see some people working in a newly ploughed field.
[Thu Jun 1 19:46:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "Why? Do we need to meet anyone?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:46:39 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn walks past, waving to the farmers
[Thu Jun 1 19:46:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "They might know something about these surroundings"
[Thu Jun 1 19:47:02 2006] : (3) Dan: "Not necessarily. There are beasts in this world and also that are visiting here from others that it is better to evaluate how to attack rather than rush in. Surely any trained fighter appreciates the value of tactics?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:47:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You mean: attack is the best form of defence? That's the best tactic I know off"
[Thu Jun 1 19:47:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe, but its hard to argue with a good, fast chop to the neck"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:00 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smirks at the bullies in the group
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "I see you two agree"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, I would have thought that our recent battle taught us all that attack is not necessarily the right option"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "I would be rather for a mid-term"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:27 2006] : (6) Lia: "think a little, and hack a little"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Can I point out that they attacked us?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:48:57 2006] : (6) Lia: "Too much thinking will get you killed, you do have to act with your instinct"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:00 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "They leapt upon me without warning."
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We weren't the attackers in our last fight, I don't try to kill someone that doesn't want to kill me first"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "But you may make a mistake by rushing into the fray"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "For example Ali, what happens if you rush in and attack, but the beast that you attack is resistent to your ordinary sword?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "They may get a good hit in on you before you even have a chance to harm them"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Then I switch to my flail"
[Thu Jun 1 19:49:51 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me reminds David that not everyone has a 675 inch screen ;)
[Thu Jun 1 19:50:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc /me points to the Zoom Out button
[Thu Jun 1 19:50:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc that map is only about 40% of my screen :P
[Thu Jun 1 19:50:36 2006] : (2) DM: ooc it's not to scale btw.
[Thu Jun 1 19:51:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "And if your flail also fails to hurt the monster Ali?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:51:33 2006] : (3) Dan: "It hits you again, and maybe you are already dead."
[Thu Jun 1 19:51:42 2006] : (2) DM: You see the ruins up ahead, some ruined stone walls and all overgrown.
[Thu Jun 1 19:52:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Dan, I never tried to ridicule what you do, why can't you pay me the same courtesy?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:52:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "Anyway, I'm most grateful for the fact that you and Adrin are there in front of me. It was not redicule"
[Thu Jun 1 19:52:53 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn walks up to the ruins, cautiously, then starts circling around them.
[Thu Jun 1 19:53:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm just trying to point out that brute force is not the only way to win an engagement"
[Thu Jun 1 19:53:20 2006] : (2) DM: The ruins consist of 3 main buildings surrounded by a tumbledown wall.
[Thu Jun 1 19:53:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Never mind. Lets just find a way into this place"
[Thu Jun 1 19:53:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And I never said it was"
[Thu Jun 1 19:53:59 2006] : (2) DM: The easternmost building is the largest and is U-shaped with two wings.
[Thu Jun 1 19:54:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra turns away from Dan and starts circling from the other side
[Thu Jun 1 19:54:56 2006] : (2) DM: The two remaining buildings are smaller and rectangular and face on to a grasses courtyard where a few paving slabs can be seen poking up through the grass in places.
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:12 2006] : (2) DM: None of the walls stand taller than about 6 ft.
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "Sorry guys, can I take 15 minutes to read my remaining spells?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can do it while you reconnoitre"
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Up is East?
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra ignores Dan
[Thu Jun 1 19:55:54 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc I guess so
[Thu Jun 1 19:56:51 2006] : (2) DM: How extensively are you searching the ruins? poking about the undergrowth or just taklng a casual look.
[Thu Jun 1 19:56:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan look sat the others to see if there's a response
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:09 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia puts her backpack down for a sec, and Ouify oozes out
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Poking about, haveing a real good look around
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:39 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc where are we arriving from?
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes a quick look round the exterior of the buildings
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:41 2006] : (2) DM: ooc slithers. Oozes sounds wet like a slug or something.
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc slithers it is :)
[Thu Jun 1 19:57:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc or an Ooze
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:06 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Searching for trapdoors etc., prodding greenery with a spear.
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "Do I have time?"
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:26 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits down and reads quietly
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:27 2006] : (2) DM: Which building are you starting with Caraegyn, the northern one?
[Thu Jun 1 19:58:39 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Yes.
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:09 2006] : (2) DM: As you poke about with your spear something hisses.
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:12 2006] : (2) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:19 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:43 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc all of us?
[Thu Jun 1 19:59:55 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yeah
[Thu Jun 1 20:00:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jun 1 20:00:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc how far away is it from me?
[Thu Jun 1 20:00:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu Jun 1 20:00:26 2006] : (2) DM: ooc each square is about 10 ft or so.
[Thu Jun 1 20:00:29 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 20:01:38 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands up and stops readin when the others start shouting
[Thu Jun 1 20:01:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Thu Jun 1 20:02:41 2006] : (2) DM: A snake darts out of the undergrowth hissing and strikes at Caraegyn. [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Thu Jun 1 20:02:51 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Ai!"
[Thu Jun 1 20:02:52 2006] : (2) DM: Take [1d4-1] -> [2,-1] = (1) damage and make a fort save.
[Thu Jun 1 20:03:03 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Jun 1 20:03:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra runs over
[Thu Jun 1 20:03:52 2006] : (2) DM: It's fangs barely make a scratch through the thick leather of your armour.
[Thu Jun 1 20:03:57 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc miniatures people?
[Thu Jun 1 20:04:52 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:04:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc got a mini for me DM?
[Thu Jun 1 20:05:26 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Stabbit. And shout.
[Thu Jun 1 20:05:32 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 20:05:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You didn't remember to bring you own? \o/
[Thu Jun 1 20:05:42 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc I can't roll for toffee!
[Thu Jun 1 20:05:47 2006] : (2) DM: The rest of you hear Caragyn shout from inside the northmost ruined building.
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:09 2006] : (2) DM: Your stab misses.
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra runs over
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:14 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:31 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia takes her sling in hand and runs, Ouify follows
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:31 2006] : (2) DM: ooc you can't run over until it's your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:06:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just saying :P
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "Are you ok?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:17 2006] : (2) DM: Okay, that'll take you a whole round.
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:20 2006] : (6) Lia: (to Caer)
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:24 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:25 2006] : (6) Lia: yep, done
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:42 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands up and stops readin when the others start shouting
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:45 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:51 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Aye, just startled."
[Thu Jun 1 20:07:59 2006] : (2) DM: The snake strikes at Caraegyn again
[Thu Jun 1 20:08:02 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Thu Jun 1 20:08:23 2006] : (2) DM: ooc your AC isn't in your status, Caraegyn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:08:37 2006] : (2) DM: ooc neither is Aliatras.
[Thu Jun 1 20:08:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It is too, at the end
[Thu Jun 1 20:09:01 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc mine is, it's just over to the right.
[Thu Jun 1 20:09:07 2006] : (2) DM: ooc at the beginning please.
[Thu Jun 1 20:09:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc OK, you only have to ask :)
[Thu Jun 1 20:09:32 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 1 20:10:00 2006] : (2) DM: The viper bites again [1d4-1] -> [4,-1] = (3). (fort save)
[Thu Jun 1 20:10:05 2006] : (2) DM: ooc thanks!
[Thu Jun 1 20:10:07 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Jun 1 20:10:20 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:11:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: double move into the building. Stop just short of the Action
[Thu Jun 1 20:11:26 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:12:01 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 20:12:30 2006] : (2) DM: A quick jab and you stab it in the tail.
[Thu Jun 1 20:12:38 2006] : (2) DM: done?
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:01 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Yep.
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:08 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Running over
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:39 2006] : (2) DM: k. Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia moves, aims and shoots at the viper
[Thu Jun 1 20:13:56 2006] : (6) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 1 20:14:22 2006] : (2) DM: A glancing hit. It hisses at you.
[Thu Jun 1 20:14:35 2006] : (2) DM: Dan?
[Thu Jun 1 20:14:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc this 10ft square business is not very easy to picture :/
[Thu Jun 1 20:14:55 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Can I see what's happening?
[Thu Jun 1 20:15:32 2006] : (2) DM: There's a load of undergrowth and a wall in the way, you can see the others attacking something but you can't see what.
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:03 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc and ouify comes closer, sorry, forgot
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan moves closer
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:14 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:38 2006] : (2) DM: The viper attacks Caraegyn again. [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:48 2006] : (2) DM: And bites its tongue.
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc YES! crit miss :)
[Thu Jun 1 20:16:59 2006] : (2) DM: It slithers back 5 ft.
[Thu Jun 1 20:17:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: occ Aww, the poor thing :(
[Thu Jun 1 20:17:26 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 1 20:18:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: draw sword, move in and try to get a bit behind it
[Thu Jun 1 20:18:37 2006] : (2) DM: attacking?
[Thu Jun 1 20:18:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,1,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:00 2006] : (2) DM: A powerful swing that neatly decapitates...
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:05 2006] : (2) DM: ...a flower.
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:13 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:15 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:27 2006] : (3) Dan: oox you deflowered it?
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:34 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (base): [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:42 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc another 1 for damage?!
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc That's bad!
[Thu Jun 1 20:19:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc shudder
[Thu Jun 1 20:20:03 2006] : (2) DM: The viper is bleeding badly from two deep wounds.
[Thu Jun 1 20:20:28 2006] : (2) DM: done?
[Thu Jun 1 20:21:14 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Yes.
[Thu Jun 1 20:21:26 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 20:21:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Going in and trying to finish it off
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [6,6,6] = (18)
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:11 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ouch
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc eek
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just trying, mind ;)
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:22 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra chops the snake into several pieces.
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 666!
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:33 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ok, I guess I don't need to aim again ;)
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:40 2006] : (6) Lia: "Everyone ok?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:46 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I appear to have teleported
[Thu Jun 1 20:22:57 2006] : (2) DM: ooc one moment, I appear to have misplaced my DMG.
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "Wow that was some swipe!"
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Sorry about that, our miniatures were close together
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Everyone except that snake"
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:50 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, it is strange to be chopping a snake"
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:55 2006] : (6) Lia: "When my best friend is one"
[Thu Jun 1 20:23:55 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Just a couple of scratches."
[Thu Jun 1 20:24:11 2006] : (2) DM: ooc 60 XP each.
[Thu Jun 1 20:24:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Wow!
[Thu Jun 1 20:24:38 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ta DM
[Thu Jun 1 20:24:59 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
[Thu Jun 1 20:25:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I have humans as friends. Doesn't mean I wouldn't kill one"
[Thu Jun 1 20:25:22 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "I was simply searching the area, and the snake attacked me. It seems there is something strange here; most beasts would move away rather than attack."
[Thu Jun 1 20:26:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Great! I love a good mystery!"
[Thu Jun 1 20:26:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Did you find anything, Car?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:26:41 2006] : (3) Dan: ""OK, I'll have to start again on my reading. I just need 15 minutes"
[Thu Jun 1 20:26:50 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Nothing yet."
[Thu Jun 1 20:26:51 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan walks back to his spellbook
[Thu Jun 1 20:27:06 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan starts reading again
[Thu Jun 1 20:27:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let me help you search"
[Thu Jun 1 20:27:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We'll shout if we need you"
[Thu Jun 1 20:27:49 2006] : (2) DM: Going back to searching the buildings?
[Thu Jun 1 20:27:54 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Yes.
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:04 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'll go to the other one"
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:11 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia goes across the yard
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:24 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, knowledge: nature check.
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:28 2006] : (6) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:35 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Jun 1 20:28:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin keeps an eye out, outside
[Thu Jun 1 20:29:06 2006] : (2) DM: You see some large animal tracks heading into the building but you can't tell what animal they are.
[Thu Jun 1 20:29:21 2006] : (6) Lia: "Very strange"
[Thu Jun 1 20:29:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc take 20?
[Thu Jun 1 20:29:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Can't do that on knowledge checks
[Thu Jun 1 20:30:01 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc doh@me
[Thu Jun 1 20:30:31 2006] : (2) DM: As you follow them into the building you see they head into a hole in the ground. The hole is about 6 ft in diameter and appears to be the result of a collapse of the floor into a space beneath.
[Thu Jun 1 20:30:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can I at least say how old they are? and how big the animal is?
[Thu Jun 1 20:30:50 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia examines the tracks closely
[Thu Jun 1 20:30:52 2006] : (2) DM: Large and fresh.
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:07 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia calls to the others
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:11 2006] : (6) Lia: "Come and see!"
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What have you found?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:41 2006] : (6) Lia: "Tracks. Big ones"
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:44 2006] : (6) Lia: "And fresh"
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan continues reading until 15 minutes have passed
[Thu Jun 1 20:31:49 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: If there's nothing of interest in the North building, I'm heading across.
[Thu Jun 1 20:32:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Me too
[Thu Jun 1 20:32:29 2006] : (2) DM: The north building has nothing of interest.
[Thu Jun 1 20:32:42 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 20:32:51 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc I don't know about them either :-O
[Thu Jun 1 20:33:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "Should we go down?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:33:33 2006] : (2) DM: You can't identify them either. The ground isn't really suitable for leaving good prints.
[Thu Jun 1 20:33:43 2006] : (6) Lia: "Or try the last building before we do?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:34:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Might as well look"
[Thu Jun 1 20:34:41 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Of course."
[Thu Jun 1 20:35:14 2006] : (6) Lia: "look where? In the hole? or in the building?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:35:28 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "In the hole. It's probably not that large."
[Thu Jun 1 20:35:34 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 20:35:46 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: (trying to see whether the most recent tracks go in or out)
[Thu Jun 1 20:35:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Since I don't fancy being attacked at the back, I'd like to check first"
[Thu Jun 1 20:36:15 2006] : (2) DM: ooc there isn't a wilderness lore skill.
[Thu Jun 1 20:36:28 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc indeed, there isn't ;)
[Thu Jun 1 20:36:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc There is survival, though
[Thu Jun 1 20:36:52 2006] : (2) DM: ooc do you have the track feat Caraegyn?
[Thu Jun 1 20:37:25 2006] : (6) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 20:37:26 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 1 20:37:32 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Thu Jun 1 20:38:00 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc Gah, I renamed it and it still says w. lore
[Thu Jun 1 20:38:08 2006] : (2) DM: ooc nevermind.
[Thu Jun 1 20:38:25 2006] : (2) DM: The tracks lead both in and out and look like they're used often.
[Thu Jun 1 20:38:32 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc you can't renamle skills, you gotta rename them in the xml file
[Thu Jun 1 20:39:05 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "These beasts are regularly coming and going. It might be wise to set a watch, and observe them, before we enter their den."
[Thu Jun 1 20:39:07 2006] : (6) Lia: "OK, this seems to be a passage of some sort
[Thu Jun 1 20:39:26 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia tries to follow the tracks that go out to see where they lead
[Thu Jun 1 20:39:29 2006] : (6) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Thu Jun 1 20:39:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra leaves them all talking and goes over to the last building
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:00 2006] : (2) DM: After they leave the building they head in numerous directions.
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin goes with Ali
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:08 2006] : (6) Lia: k
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us check what's on the surface before we go onto this hole"
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:40 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc the buildings are ruins aren't they?
[Thu Jun 1 20:40:47 2006] : (2) DM: The last building as several internal walls and in one corner a flight of worn stone steps decending downwards.
[Thu Jun 1 20:41:03 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan continues reading until 15 minutes have passed
[Thu Jun 1 20:41:23 2006] : (2) DM: The vegetation around the stairs has been crudely hacked away.
[Thu Jun 1 20:41:29 2006] : (2) DM: 15 minutes has passed.
[Thu Jun 1 20:41:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra searches the interior before going to the stairs
[Thu Jun 1 20:41:57 2006] : (2) DM: Search check.
[Thu Jun 1 20:42:17 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan packs his spellbook into his pack and goes to find the others
[Thu Jun 1 20:42:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 1 20:42:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Taking 20, so 22
[Thu Jun 1 20:42:29 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn gives up on the large beast tracks, and just goes to check that there aren't any heading over to the large building.
[Thu Jun 1 20:42:52 2006] : (2) DM: No, the tracks head away from the buildings
[Thu Jun 1 20:43:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc who is visible to me? I'm confused
[Thu Jun 1 20:43:59 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra, you poke about through the undergrowth carefully and you find a dirt encrusted cup in one corner.
[Thu Jun 1 20:44:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Jun 1 20:44:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin stick with Ali
[Thu Jun 1 20:44:18 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Jun 1 20:44:54 2006] : (3) Dan: "What have you all found?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a good look at the cup before showing it to Caraegyn
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What do you think?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:17 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:18 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Knowledge: History Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "A hole in the ground and a cup"
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:39 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "A cup, though beyond that I know nothing. Not even if it is the same age as these ruins."
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan has a look around the building
[Thu Jun 1 20:45:48 2006] : (3) Dan: take 20 = 27
[Thu Jun 1 20:46:09 2006] : (2) DM: It's all covered in dirt and as you rub some away you see the bright gleam of gold
[Thu Jun 1 20:46:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra puts the cup in her pack
[Thu Jun 1 20:48:20 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, you find nothing of interest and gain a few scratches from the prickly shrubbery.
[Thu Jun 1 20:48:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ouch"
[Thu Jun 1 20:48:58 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan rubs his scratches
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are you alright?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:03 2006] : (6) Lia: "Can I see the cup?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "So is there anything special about the hole in the ground?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Probably just an animal den. These steps look more interesting"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's take a look down there"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:53 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, there seem s to be one or several large beasts coming in and out of this hole. And most tracks are fresh"
[Thu Jun 1 20:49:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "Can I see the cup?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the stiars
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:23 2006] : (2) DM: They decended into darkness.
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:30 2006] : (6) Lia: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:39 2006] : (6) Lia: (at the cup)
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:48 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Anyone have a torch? It might be worth lighting one before we descend."
[Thu Jun 1 20:50:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It's in my pack :P
[Thu Jun 1 20:51:38 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't have one, I can usually see well enough, but if it's pitch black I won't be able to"
[Thu Jun 1 20:52:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sorry, not me, I knew I'd forgotten something"
[Thu Jun 1 20:52:37 2006] : (6) Lia: "I don't either, but we probably can make one"
[Thu Jun 1 20:52:49 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn looks in his pack, and fishes out a lantern "Ah, knew I had it here somewhere."
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh, nice work Car"
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:15 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia looks around for suited wood for a torch (ie. that does not burn too fast)
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:22 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Who wishes to carry the light? My own style of combat is a little too mobile for it to be truly convenient."
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That'll be a great help"
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "IAnyone has oil?"
[Thu Jun 1 20:53:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's probably not a good idea for me to carry it either"
[Thu Jun 1 20:54:12 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "I have oil, as well."
[Thu Jun 1 20:54:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc wood?
[Thu Jun 1 20:54:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "This sword's too big for one hand"
[Thu Jun 1 20:54:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me pings the DM
[Thu Jun 1 20:54:59 2006] : (2) DM: ooc torches require wood, cloth and oil or fat for fuel.
[Thu Jun 1 20:55:13 2006] : (2) DM: ooc stick with the lantern.
[Thu Jun 1 20:55:15 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I know, I am looking for the suitable wood ;)
[Thu Jun 1 20:55:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 1 20:55:45 2006] : (6) Lia: "I can carry it, but that will hinder me as well"
[Thu Jun 1 20:55:49 2006] : (2) DM: ooc suitable wood is easy enough to find though if you wish.
[Thu Jun 1 20:56:17 2006] : (3) Dan: "I will carry it"
[Thu Jun 1 20:56:24 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn fills and lights the lantern, and hands it to Dan
[Thu Jun 1 20:56:40 2006] : (6) Lia: "I guess we don't need a torch then"
[Thu Jun 1 20:56:59 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia drops a piece of suited wood by the foot of the stairs
[Thu Jun 1 20:57:02 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us go"
[Thu Jun 1 20:58:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra is the first to get down, sword in hand
[Thu Jun 1 20:58:33 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows, staying in the middle as usual, but holding the lanterns so it shines forwards of the leaders
[Thu Jun 1 20:58:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Jun 1 20:58:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin follows Dan
[Thu Jun 1 20:59:57 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn follows behind Ali, ready with his spears
[Thu Jun 1 20:59:57 2006] : (2) DM: As you shine the lantern down the stair well you see some humanoid footprints in the thick dust of the floor.
[Thu Jun 1 21:00:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We'renot the first ones down here"
[Thu Jun 1 21:00:18 2006] : (6) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
[Thu Jun 1 21:00:32 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
[Thu Jun 1 21:00:58 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:07 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:17 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc ignore the rope!
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:28 2006] : (6) Lia: "Those are boots, and it must have mbeen a humanoid of medium size"
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:32 2006] : (2) DM: The stairs decend down into at 10 ft wide corridor that heads south.
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:50 2006] : (6) Lia: "So yes, there was someone before us"
[Thu Jun 1 21:01:59 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia takes her sickle in hand
[Thu Jun 1 21:02:30 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what kind of ground? humid? dry? mud?
[Thu Jun 1 21:03:05 2006] : (2) DM: The floor of the corridor is thick with dust and consists of flag stones.
[Thu Jun 1 21:03:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Actually, more than one. Probably 3 or so"
[Thu Jun 1 21:03:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Where do th footprints go?
[Thu Jun 1 21:03:24 2006] : (6) Lia: "Maybe four"
[Thu Jun 1 21:03:37 2006] : (2) DM: On the ground near the base of the stairs is what appears to be the remains of an ancient wooden door that's been smashed to kindling.
[Thu Jun 1 21:04:12 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc then ouifyi does not follow us downstairs
[Thu Jun 1 21:04:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shines the lamp on the frame
[Thu Jun 1 21:04:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "knock knock"
[Thu Jun 1 21:05:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Huh?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:05:20 2006] : (2) DM: As you look further down the corridor you see a number of of doorways to the right.
[Thu Jun 1 21:05:23 2006] : (3) Dan: "Who's there?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:01 2006] : (2) DM: The end of the corridor is lost in the gloom.
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:04 2006] : (2) DM: No one answers.
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I can see twice as far as th eothers :P
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What do you mean?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:39 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Into the first room, then?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:46 2006] : (6) Lia: "yes"
[Thu Jun 1 21:06:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's just Adrin, Dan"
[Thu Jun 1 21:07:21 2006] : (3) Dan: "i thought he was telling a joke. We have jokes that begin like that at home"
[Thu Jun 1 21:07:31 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc I'm going to have to go soon - about 20-30mins time.
[Thu Jun 1 21:07:40 2006] : (2) DM: ooc k.
[Thu Jun 1 21:07:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "ahh, I was just joking about the door"
[Thu Jun 1 21:07:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Really? So what happens next"
[Thu Jun 1 21:08:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look into the first room
[Thu Jun 1 21:09:04 2006] : (2) DM: The first room is small, about 20 ft square.
[Thu Jun 1 21:09:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shines the lantern into the room
[Thu Jun 1 21:09:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: "See anything interesting?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:09:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
[Thu Jun 1 21:09:55 2006] : (2) DM: It appears to be empty except for some detritus in the corners and roots dangling from the ceiling.
[Thu Jun 1 21:10:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the floor, looking for footprints
[Thu Jun 1 21:10:19 2006] : (2) DM: The footprints head down the corridor.
[Thu Jun 1 21:10:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lest keep going. No point hanging around more than we have to"
[Thu Jun 1 21:10:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It could do with a spring cleaning"
[Thu Jun 1 21:11:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the next room and looks in
[Thu Jun 1 21:11:35 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Caraegyn keeps moving down the corridor.
[Thu Jun 1 21:11:37 2006] : (2) DM: The 2nd room is the same size. It's filled with a substantial network of tree roots from a large tree that's above.
[Thu Jun 1 21:11:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "What a place like this needs is some natural lighting"
[Thu Jun 1 21:11:58 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 21:12:08 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia examines the roots
[Thu Jun 1 21:12:21 2006] : (2) DM: The look like ordinary roots.
[Thu Jun 1 21:12:33 2006] : (2) DM: Further down is another doorway.
[Thu Jun 1 21:13:24 2006] : (2) DM: There's a turning to the left.
[Thu Jun 1 21:13:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the third room and looks in
[Thu Jun 1 21:13:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "Last room before the corridor turns then"
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:03 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc oooh, tunnel!
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:04 2006] : (2) DM: Another similar room. This one has a round hole in the far corner about 6 ft in diameter.
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: The footprints are ignoring this room as well?
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:37 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Do we check the tunnel? or follow the corridor?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:38 2006] : (2) DM: Yes.
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:45 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think I'm going to have to stop for a few seconds. I'm getting nervous"
[Thu Jun 1 21:14:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Going on then
[Thu Jun 1 21:15:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Stopping to do what?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:15:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours.
[Thu Jun 1 21:15:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, all done"
[Thu Jun 1 21:15:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Just wanted to be a bit better protected"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:06 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Very sensible. Now hold that light up, and we'll all be happy!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:08 2006] : (2) DM: Round the corner of the corner is a spiral stair case leading downwards.
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "and the last time I waited I think I alerted someone to our presence"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Right, let's move on"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:12 2006] : (6) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:26 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia examines the tentrance to the tunnel
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Going further down then"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:41 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, as you enter the room....
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:51 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "Of course. Us at the front, with Dan behind to light the path?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:16:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds up the light and shines it around to get the best illumination
[Thu Jun 1 21:17:05 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I HATE those dots
[Thu Jun 1 21:17:34 2006] : (2) DM: A whirling mass of quick, darting shadows sweeps down from the ceiling. Hundreds of high pitched squeaks fill the air.
[Thu Jun 1 21:17:51 2006] : (2) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:01 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:05 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:07 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "Bats!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:08 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:49 2006] : (6) Lia: brb
[Thu Jun 1 21:18:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What are you doing?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:19:38 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 21:19:46 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I hadn't moves my counter, but I was shining the torch for Car and Ali
[Thu Jun 1 21:19:58 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Running back around the corner.
[Thu Jun 1 21:20:23 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: (it's only a single move, so can I still attack?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:20:53 2006] : (2) DM: Yes, if you can reach.
[Thu Jun 1 21:20:56 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Halfspear (ranged skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [2,2,2] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 21:21:28 2006] : (2) DM: Your spear passes though the bat swarm without any effect.
[Thu Jun 1 21:22:02 2006] : (2) DM: The swarm evelops Lia and Car dealing [1d6] -> [1] = (1) and [1d6] -> [4] = (4) damage respectively.
[Thu Jun 1 21:22:34 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 21:23:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Running back, can I still attack?
[Thu Jun 1 21:23:40 2006] : (2) DM: ooc you can only move 20 ft and attack.
[Thu Jun 1 21:23:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just running then
[Thu Jun 1 21:24:24 2006] : (2) DM: Sorry wasn't clear, you can attack from where you are now.
[Thu Jun 1 21:25:15 2006] : (2) DM: Not attacking, then?
[Thu Jun 1 21:25:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: On the contrary :)
[Thu Jun 1 21:25:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
[Thu Jun 1 21:26:04 2006] : (2) DM: ooc why the flail and not the usual greatsword?
[Thu Jun 1 21:26:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc In the hopes that swiping at them will hit some of them
[Thu Jun 1 21:26:52 2006] : (2) DM: Okay. You swing and smash dozens of the bats out of the air.
[Thu Jun 1 21:28:15 2006] : (2) DM: The swarm disperses.
[Thu Jun 1 21:28:37 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc I've got to go now; sorry about the early vanishment!
[Thu Jun 1 21:28:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Can we go on now? Or do you want to see if there are rats here as well?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:28:56 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc see you Henry
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:07 2006] : (2) DM: ooc 120 XP
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Goodnight and sweet dreams, Henry
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:12 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: "I think we should establish a base camp at the top of the tunnel. I will keep watch."
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "What were you hoping to do in there with no light?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:19 2006] : ** (4) Aliatra hugs and kisses Henry goodnight **
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:27 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: [1d100] -> [18] = (18)
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:36 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: ooc nn all
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:41 2006] : (1) Caraegyn: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:41 2006] : (1) Caraegyn (exit): 21:29
[Thu Jun 1 21:29:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc gn Henry
[Thu Jun 1 21:30:30 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shines the light into the room so that Lia is now no longer in pitch darkness
[Thu Jun 1 21:30:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Bats?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:31:21 2006] : (6) Lia: "I was.."
[Thu Jun 1 21:31:23 2006] : (6) Lia: "Oh well"
[Thu Jun 1 21:31:26 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us go further"
[Thu Jun 1 21:31:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am scratched all over now"
[Thu Jun 1 21:31:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, thats what you get for poking your nose into dark rooms"
[Thu Jun 1 21:32:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Next time you want to investigate, LET US KNOW!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:32:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "True"
[Thu Jun 1 21:32:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stumps off
[Thu Jun 1 21:32:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 1 21:34:39 2006] : (2) DM: What are people doing now?
[Thu Jun 1 21:35:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: I'm back at ths spiral staircase
[Thu Jun 1 21:35:25 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan is at the staircase behind Ali
[Thu Jun 1 21:35:34 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Jun 1 21:36:28 2006] : (2) DM: And then....?
[Thu Jun 1 21:36:46 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us go down then"
[Thu Jun 1 21:36:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Lia, when you walk off by yourself, you endanger us all, so don't do it"
[Thu Jun 1 21:36:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back. Standing beside Dan
[Thu Jun 1 21:37:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Going down
[Thu Jun 1 21:37:52 2006] : (2) DM: As you put your foot on the first step there's a loud clunk and the step moves under your feet.
[Thu Jun 1 21:37:57 2006] : (2) DM: Balance check.
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:00 2006] : (3) Dan: dan keeps 5ft behind and to the side of Ali to shine the lamp forwards
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Balance Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [6,-1] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan grabs for Ali
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:37 2006] : (3) Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:41 2006] : (2) DM: You fall back on your ass and start to slide down the now smooth staircase.
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra tries to hold on to her sword
[Thu Jun 1 21:38:57 2006] : (2) DM: Dan tries to grab you as you fall but misses.
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:28 2006] : (2) DM: The steps have all rotated and now form a smooth surface, down which Aliatra slides uncontrollably.
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:29 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia watches the scene helpless
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:35 2006] : (6) Lia: "What happened?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:39:37 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin also misses.
[Thu Jun 1 21:40:14 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia shouts "Alia!?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:40:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "Umm, the stairs turned into a slide"
[Thu Jun 1 21:40:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shouts too "are you OK?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Shout when you hit the bottom!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yeah, just bruised I guess, can't see a thing, thoiugh"
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:16 2006] : (2) DM: ooc I just found a wilderness encounter list in the DMG. Didn't see that last week.
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:25 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc :)
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:30 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I have the DMG!
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Anyone fancy a slide?" Adrin grins
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:42 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan slowly makes his way down the slide/staircase
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Good on you! :)
[Thu Jun 1 21:41:57 2006] : (2) DM: ooc one moment
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:02 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia looks around for a switch or something
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:14 2006] : (6) Lia: taking 20
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:19 2006] : (6) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:25 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc no need ;)
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc wasted a 20!
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 21:42:44 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc rah!
[Thu Jun 1 21:44:23 2006] : (2) DM: While Lia searches carefully for a switch Dan starts down, make a balance check Dan.
[Thu Jun 1 21:44:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jun 1 21:45:16 2006] : (2) DM: You carefully walk downwards about 15 ft when...
[Thu Jun 1 21:45:35 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 21:46:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra waits patiently
[Thu Jun 1 21:46:18 2006] : (2) DM: ....nothing. You walk another 15 ft and you see an indistinct black shape looming over Aliatra.
[Thu Jun 1 21:46:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ali, look out!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra swings her sword over her head, just in case
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [2,6,6] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin hears the cry and jumps onto the slide on his bum
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:20 2006] : (2) DM: Initiative please, first.
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:38 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:42 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 21:47:52 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc dex = +4
[Thu Jun 1 21:48:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Thu Jun 1 21:48:29 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 21:48:57 2006] : (2) DM: There's a shadow looming over Aliatra, an arm outstretched.
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:04 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:05 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:13 2006] : (3) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:26 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc show off
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:30 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc quick check to see if I know what it is
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:32 2006] : (2) DM: ooc anymore?
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:40 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 1 21:49:50 2006] : (2) DM: You don't recognize it.
[Thu Jun 1 21:50:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan takes a gamble
[Thu Jun 1 21:50:17 2006] : (3) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 1 21:50:31 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc and zaps the wall anyway
[Thu Jun 1 21:50:35 2006] : (2) DM: The ray passes by and strikes the wall.
[Thu Jun 1 21:50:58 2006] : (3) Dan: then move as far as I can but close to the inside wall
[Thu Jun 1 21:51:34 2006] : (2) DM: Moving passed will mean an AoO.
[Thu Jun 1 21:51:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Done
[Thu Jun 1 21:51:37 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Jun 1 21:51:40 2006] : (3) Dan: OK
[Thu Jun 1 21:51:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Hit
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:03 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow lashes out with an arm which passes straight through you. You feel drained.
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:09 2006] : (2) DM: And weak.
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:20 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shudders
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:30 2006] : (2) DM: Take [1d6] -> [6] = (6) temporary Strength damage.
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ouch
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:44 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ouch
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Thu Jun 1 21:52:57 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 21:53:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: Draw sword and go for a slide
[Thu Jun 1 21:53:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc need my HTML charsheet open! It allows you to do that stuff and updates all your skills etc.
[Thu Jun 1 21:53:47 2006] : (2) DM: You slide down the stairs and slide into Aliatra who cusions the fall.
[Thu Jun 1 21:54:09 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra, your turn. Adrin just knocked you over.
[Thu Jun 1 21:54:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Whoops!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:54:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Trying to get on my feet
[Thu Jun 1 21:54:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Look out!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:54:44 2006] : (2) DM: Yup, (move equiv so you can attack also)
[Thu Jun 1 21:55:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: And striking at the shwdow
[Thu Jun 1 21:55:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [3,1,6] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 21:55:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I was only moving out of the way of the slide... I thought I was only halfway down. He still got an AoO as I moved from one threatened square to another
[Thu Jun 1 21:55:44 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [90] = (90)
[Thu Jun 1 21:56:10 2006] : (2) DM: Your blade passes harmlessly though it as it seems to momentarily fade from view.
[Thu Jun 1 21:56:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What is this?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:56:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 21:56:53 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn. You'll have to stop your searching cause it's pitch black.
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:04 2006] : (6) Lia: k
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shudders as he thinks back to an earlier conversation
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "What's down tehre?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:17 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia shouts
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:37 2006] : (6) Lia: "Should I come down?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: "A big black thing!"
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:51 2006] : (2) DM: ooc it's medium sized.
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "A shadow that can evade my blade"
[Thu Jun 1 21:57:55 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shouts weakly "Some kind of shadow creature"
[Thu Jun 1 21:58:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I'm lying on my ass and its darkish, so I say it looks big :P
[Thu Jun 1 21:58:44 2006] : (2) DM: ooc didn't need to roll the miss chance, Aliatra has a mundane blade. Duh.
[Thu Jun 1 21:59:09 2006] : (6) Lia: "Should I come down?"
[Thu Jun 1 21:59:51 2006] : (3) Dan: "Carefully, otherwise you'll tumble into the others"
[Thu Jun 1 22:00:19 2006] : (2) DM: Walking carefully down?
[Thu Jun 1 22:00:31 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia slides downtrying to slwo down with her feet on the wall
[Thu Jun 1 22:00:52 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I don't walk, I sit
[Thu Jun 1 22:01:00 2006] : (2) DM: Er, dex check I think.
[Thu Jun 1 22:01:13 2006] : (6) Lia: Dex check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:00 2006] : (2) DM: The stairs are slippery than you thought and you fail to control your decent and pile into Adrin.
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "Ouch"
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:30 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow lunges at Dan again,
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Watch it"
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:33 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 22:02:55 2006] : (2) DM: And misses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:03:03 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:03:14 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan tyakes a 5 ft step back
[Thu Jun 1 22:03:58 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan casts shield
[Thu Jun 1 22:04:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 1 22:04:38 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, you're still on your ass.
[Thu Jun 1 22:04:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: get up and swing at it
[Thu Jun 1 22:04:51 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,3,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:05:41 2006] : (2) DM: It gets an AoO. [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 22:05:58 2006] : (2) DM: It drains some of your strength [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: "urgh"
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc geeeez
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:11 2006] : (2) DM: Your sword places passes straight though it.
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:26 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Switching to my flail
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:06:56 2006] : (2) DM: *swooosh* It's like attacking the air.
[Thu Jun 1 22:07:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Damn!"
[Thu Jun 1 22:07:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 22:07:21 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:07:45 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia tries to understand what this thing is
[Thu Jun 1 22:07:58 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:06 2006] : (6) Lia: by looking at it closely
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:11 2006] : (2) DM: It's not natural that much is obvious.
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:17 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc well as closely as can be
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:23 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:39 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc no-one with knowledge religion?
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:49 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc nope
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:56 2006] : (2) DM: ooc no cleric :O
[Thu Jun 1 22:08:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc knowledge?
[Thu Jun 1 22:09:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Not me, never needed it
[Thu Jun 1 22:09:25 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, doing anything else? You still have an attack action left.
[Thu Jun 1 22:09:46 2006] : (2) DM: ooc or standard action or whatever they call it.
[Thu Jun 1 22:09:59 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia tries to hack and slash, with not much hope
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:05 2006] : (6) Lia: Sickle (base): [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:05 2006] : (6) Lia: Critical hit? [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+0] -> [1,2,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:16 2006] : (7) Dan (enter): 22:10
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:25 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc sorry, killed my tree
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:40 2006] : (2) DM: No use at all.
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:41 2006] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3) Dan' from server... Removing dead client
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc don't touch the trees! (says the druid)
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:42 2006] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3) Dan' from server... Removing dead client
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:42 2006] : (3) Dan (exit): 22:10
[Thu Jun 1 22:10:53 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc trying to load it back in with shield in my spell list
[Thu Jun 1 22:11:15 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow attacks... [1d3] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jun 1 22:11:18 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra
[Thu Jun 1 22:11:23 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:11:34 2006] : (2) DM: Misses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:11:42 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:12:02 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan takes a scroll and reads it
[Thu Jun 1 22:12:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra shudders as the shadow misses her
[Thu Jun 1 22:12:14 2006] : (7) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 22:12:49 2006] : (2) DM: Your ray is deflected
[Thu Jun 1 22:13:04 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:13:17 2006] : (2) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 1 22:13:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: really have to swing again since I dont know any better...
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,6,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] -> [1,1,4,5,6] = (17)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:04 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc thankfully I keep spending lots of money to write scrolls!
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc awwwww :/
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:36 2006] : (7) Dan: Int check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc oh, have I maybe thought of trying something else?
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:43 2006] : (6) Lia: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu Jun 1 22:14:58 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc we're all so smart all of a sudden
[Thu Jun 1 22:15:29 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc I'm checking to see if I assume it is undead, so that I keep trying with the disrupts, or if I assume that the last spell failed to work because it isn't undead
[Thu Jun 1 22:15:44 2006] : (2) DM: ooc doesn't someone have the magic dagger?
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "My sword can't touch it, my flail goes right through it, what else is there to try?"
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I do, but Adrin (not me) didn't think of it before
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:12 2006] : (6) Lia: I'm checking to see if I can find the weapon that's going to slash this thing
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:12 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your ray was deflected by some sort of field around the creature.
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:20 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc and where's car with his magic spear when we need him!
[Thu Jun 1 22:16:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmmm"
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: drop sword and draw the dagger
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:00 2006] : (2) DM: You miss with your greatsword.
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:03 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc so I assume that it's undead?
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: done
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:15 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Jun 1 22:17:22 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Keep on trying
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:17 2006] : (2) DM: Your weapon has no effect.
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:31 2006] : (2) DM: Lia?
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I can't take a five foot step back can I?
[Thu Jun 1 22:18:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc the steps /slide is there?
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:03 2006] : (2) DM: You can take a step back but you'll need to suceed at a balance check.
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:12 2006] : (6) Lia: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:28 2006] : (2) DM: You step back carefully without landing on your ass.
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:33 2006] : (6) Lia: done
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:53 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow attacks Aliatra
[Thu Jun 1 22:19:56 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Jun 1 22:20:12 2006] : (2) DM: And strikes draining strength [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 22:20:19 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc doing well with the rolls tonight DM!
[Thu Jun 1 22:20:23 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:20:39 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan reads from the scroll again
[Thu Jun 1 22:20:43 2006] : (7) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:10 2006] : (2) DM: Your ray strikes and the shadow smokes a little
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:24 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:26 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc thankfully there were 4 on the scroll!
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:30 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin finally looses his temper...
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: strike out at the shadow
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: Steel Bronze Dagger (base): [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:53 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [9] = (9)
[Thu Jun 1 22:21:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: -1 for drain +2 for rage
[Thu Jun 1 22:22:53 2006] : (2) DM: Your dagger seems to snag briefly but then the shadow fades and you feel no resistance for the rest of the thrust.
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:04 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow is unaffected.
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:10 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:16 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc wtf!
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Throwing my dagger at it
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Dagger, thrown (base): [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 50% miss chance?
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:37 2006] : (2) DM: ooc otherwise described as 50% mischance.
[Thu Jun 1 22:23:50 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc it's partially ethereal
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:05 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow gets an AoO on Aliatra... are you sure you wanted to do that?
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:08 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Why not?
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:22 2006] : (2) DM: Misses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:44 2006] : (2) DM: Your dagger clatters somewhere down the corridor.
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:49 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:50 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan watches the dagger fly past him
[Thu Jun 1 22:24:56 2006] : (7) Dan: "Aargh"
[Thu Jun 1 22:25:19 2006] : (6) Lia: "I can't do anything"
[Thu Jun 1 22:25:53 2006] : (2) DM: Just staying put?
[Thu Jun 1 22:25:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "Dan is it undead?"
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:04 2006] : (7) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:11 2006] : (6) Lia: "Anyone has holy water? Something?"
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:12 2006] : (7) Dan: "Cast a cure spell on it Lia"
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:32 2006] : ** (6) Lia casts CLW **
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:41 2006] : (2) DM: Touch attack.
[Thu Jun 1 22:26:49 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc you have to move back to it
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:00 2006] : (6) Lia: Touch attack (base): [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:18 2006] : (2) DM: It dodges and your spell fizzles.
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:31 2006] : (7) Dan: "I think it is undead, it sizzled somewhat when I eventially got it with a disrupt undead spell"
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:33 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow attacks again
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:46 2006] : (2) DM: On Lia: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:52 2006] : (2) DM: Missing.
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:54 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc phew
[Thu Jun 1 22:27:58 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:28:27 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan holds up one of the glass beads
[Thu Jun 1 22:28:36 2006] : (7) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Small magical beast): 6hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 1; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d4+2] -> [3,2] = (5) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jun 1 22:29:07 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc no Bison?
[Thu Jun 1 22:29:10 2006] : (2) DM: The dog tears a chunk of shadow out of the creatures leg.
[Thu Jun 1 22:29:14 2006] : (2) DM: oooc lollers!
[Thu Jun 1 22:29:41 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 22:29:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Bisons are fun! :D
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:07 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc I just remembered that most summons' attacks are magical
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:08 2006] : (2) DM: ooc oops forgot the mis-chance [1d100] -> [57] = (57)
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:30 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: lunge again
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:42 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc did it hit still?
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: Steel Bronze Dagger (base): [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:46 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:50 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [31] = (31)
[Thu Jun 1 22:30:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: +1 STR total
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:06 2006] : (2) DM: Your attack in ineffective again.
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:16 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:18 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc rats
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I don't know what else to do :)
[Thu Jun 1 22:31:55 2006] : (2) DM: ooc I could just skip your turn... ;)
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:06 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc You could :)
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:09 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:13 2006] : (6) Lia: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:16 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc that's just mean
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:27 2006] : (6) Lia: trying to step back.
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:35 2006] : (2) DM: You manage it
[Thu Jun 1 22:32:41 2006] : (6) Lia: done
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:09 2006] : (2) DM: It attacks Ali again. [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:26 2006] : (2) DM: Useless!
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:30 2006] : (2) DM: Dan?
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc cry me a river!
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:48 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan holds up one of the glass beads again
[Thu Jun 1 22:33:54 2006] : (7) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Badger (Small magical beast): 6hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 1; Rage when hit; Speed 30ft
Celestial Badger attack (Smite evil) Claw [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d2] -> [1] = (1) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jun 1 22:34:05 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Dog: Bite [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7) ==> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jun 1 22:34:10 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Jun 1 22:34:26 2006] : (2) DM: The badger seems somewhat useless. What's the smite evil supposed to add? +1?
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:08 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc yes. hmm
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:17 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc always better than a bison :P
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:26 2006] : (2) DM: 2 damage then.
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:41 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc I think that the +1 is taken into account
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:43 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:45 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc already!
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: 3rd time lucky
[Thu Jun 1 22:35:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: Steel Bronze Dagger (base): [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 22:36:18 2006] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 1 22:36:23 2006] : (2) DM: Unlucky
[Thu Jun 1 22:36:49 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra, another fruitless swing in frustration?
[Thu Jun 1 22:37:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Jun 1 22:37:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 22:37:12 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:37:38 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can I throw a CLW potion against the wal behind it?
[Thu Jun 1 22:37:58 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ie. will that do anything, spalsh, whatever?
[Thu Jun 1 22:38:02 2006] : (6) Lia: *splash
[Thu Jun 1 22:38:24 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Potions have to be drunk.
[Thu Jun 1 22:38:37 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc thought so.
[Thu Jun 1 22:38:52 2006] : (6) Lia: do nothing, just try to keep my balance on the stairs and hisss in frustration
[Thu Jun 1 22:38:58 2006] : (6) Lia: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 1 22:39:19 2006] : (2) DM: Your feet slide out from underneath you.
[Thu Jun 1 22:39:43 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc it's getting crowded :D
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:00 2006] : (2) DM: Shadow attacks the badger
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:04 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:21 2006] : (2) DM: ANd misses completely, it really should concentrate on one target.
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:28 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:35 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Dog: Bite [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jun 1 22:40:42 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Badger: Full attack: Claw [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [1,-1] = (0);
Claw [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [1,-1] = (0);
Bite [1d20-1] -> [20,-1] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d3-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)

[Thu Jun 1 22:41:08 2006] : (7) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 1 22:41:12 2006] : (2) DM: Badger claws and bites bits from the shadow.
[Thu Jun 1 22:41:18 2006] : (2) DM: Your ray misses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:41:38 2006] : (7) Dan: Done
[Thu Jun 1 22:41:39 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, come on hit it!
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: rraaaagggghhh
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: Steel Bronze Dagger (base): [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:07 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [13] = (13)
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: +1 STR
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:28 2006] : (2) DM: Another miss, the dice just aren't with you today.
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:38 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:56 2006] : (2) DM: Lia?
[Thu Jun 1 22:42:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Getting a bit tired
[Thu Jun 1 22:43:29 2006] : (6) Lia: get up
[Thu Jun 1 22:43:38 2006] : (2) DM: AoO. [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Jun 1 22:43:51 2006] : (6) Lia: done.
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:02 2006] : (2) DM: Shadow attacks Lia
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:06 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:27 2006] : (2) DM: ooc rrrr. Where's are all the high dice rolls today?!
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:32 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:46 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc you had loads of them at the start of the fight!
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc we used them up on our INT rolls
[Thu Jun 1 22:44:52 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Dog: Bite [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13) ==> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jun 1 22:45:03 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Badger: Full attack: Claw [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [2,-1] = (1);
Claw [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [2,-1] = (1);
Bite [1d20-1] -> [11,-1] = (10) ==> Damage: [1d3-1] -> [2,-1] = (1)

[Thu Jun 1 22:45:11 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [26] = (26)
[Thu Jun 1 22:45:18 2006] : (7) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): Deals [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) damage
[Thu Jun 1 22:45:22 2006] : (2) DM: All misses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:45:54 2006] : (2) DM: The missle strikes the shadow and a shower of sparks and the shadow hisses.
[Thu Jun 1 22:46:11 2006] : (7) Dan: The dog disappears
[Thu Jun 1 22:46:13 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow is looking rather tattered and faded now.
[Thu Jun 1 22:46:22 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Jun 1 22:46:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: Once more into the breach...
[Thu Jun 1 22:46:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Steel Bronze Dagger (base): [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d4+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:02 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc :(
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:12 2006] : (2) DM: ooc forgot flanking bonuses before
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:16 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [95] = (95)
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:24 2006] : (2) DM: The badger clawed it.
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:35 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc OOH! 1 damage!
[Thu Jun 1 22:47:55 2006] : (2) DM: ooc As you hover your move over it a sigh pops up saying "Near death"
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:09 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:17 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:27 2006] : (2) DM: ooc move = mouse.
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Flail, heavy (base): [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:36 2006] : (2) DM: ooc sigh = sign.
[Thu Jun 1 22:48:47 2006] : (2) DM: It sneers at you.
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra sneers back
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:07 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow attacks A
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:15 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:20 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:29 2006] : (2) DM: Take [1d6] -> [3] = (3) strength damage
[Thu Jun 1 22:49:49 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Jun 1 22:50:01 2006] : (7) Dan: Celestial Badger: Full attack: Claw [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [2,-1] = (1);
Claw [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d2-1] -> [1,-1] = (0);
Bite [1d20-1] -> [18,-1] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d3-1] -> [3,-1] = (2)

[Thu Jun 1 22:50:10 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc Come on!
[Thu Jun 1 22:50:11 2006] : (2) DM: [1d100] -> [55] = (55), [1d100] -> [17] = (17), [1d100] -> [75] = (75)
[Thu Jun 1 22:50:39 2006] : (7) Dan: ooc still un-alive?
[Thu Jun 1 22:50:54 2006] : (2) DM: The shadow hisses and falls into tatters before fading away completely.
[Thu Jun 1 22:51:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin falls to his knees
[Thu Jun 1 22:51:18 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia shivers
[Thu Jun 1 22:51:28 2006] : (2) DM: ooc 225 XP each.
[Thu Jun 1 22:51:30 2006] : (7) Dan: The badger disappears and Dan sags against the wall
[Thu Jun 1 22:52:14 2006] : (2) DM: Now that you're not all concentrating on the fight you notice a corpse in leather armour a bit further up the corridor.
[Thu Jun 1 22:52:16 2006] : (6) Lia: 3i am sorry"
[Thu Jun 1 22:52:26 2006] : (6) Lia: "There was nothing I could do"
[Thu Jun 1 22:52:42 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia goes to the corpse
[Thu Jun 1 22:52:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What are you sorry about?"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:02 2006] : (2) DM: Just beyond the corpse is a doorway closed off by a metal door.
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:06 2006] : (7) Dan: "It's not your, or anyone's fault Lia"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "I haven't helped. Just stood there"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:14 2006] : (7) Dan: "There's no need to be sorry"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra almost drops her flail
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I was sure I was hitting it, but felt nothing"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "My strength seems to have deserted me the moment it touched me"
[Thu Jun 1 22:53:57 2006] : (7) Dan: "I failed to use the most efficient strategy"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:02 2006] : (2) DM: There's a whiring and clunk from the stairs and the smooth slide turns back into a step of safe-looking steps.
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:11 2006] : (6) Lia: "I had no cure spells left"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:36 2006] : (6) Lia: "I used them up to cure earlier"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:41 2006] : (7) Dan: "I should have summoned creatures, both to take some of the hits and to attack as the first thing I did"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I feel weak"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I don't like it"
[Thu Jun 1 22:54:59 2006] : (7) Dan: "I feel incredibly weak"
[Thu Jun 1 22:55:16 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia checks if the body is dead or alive
[Thu Jun 1 22:55:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: " don't think we're in a fit state to go on right now"
[Thu Jun 1 22:55:35 2006] : (6) Lia: and if it's dead, searches it
[Thu Jun 1 22:55:38 2006] : (7) Dan: "I agree"
[Thu Jun 1 22:55:39 2006] : (2) DM: The corpse is dead but not long enough to smell, it appears to have no visible wounds on it.
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We need rest to regain our strength and to heal"
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I agree. Perhaps we could make camp in the building we fought that snake in"
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:17 2006] : (2) DM: Leather armour, a short sword and a purse with [2d6] -> [4,6] = (10) * 5 gold pirces.
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:25 2006] : (2) DM: 50 gold pieces.
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:45 2006] : (7) Dan: "Looks like someone on their own met that thing"
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc all look normal?
[Thu Jun 1 22:56:54 2006] : (2) DM: ooc they look ordinary
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:01 2006] : (7) Dan: "I'm just thanksful that we are all alive"
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:12 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia casts detect magic
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "More fool them for verturing down here without help"
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the floor, checking for those tracks they saw earlier
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:47 2006] : (7) Dan: "Maybe they were just intrigued and got caught by the stairs?"
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:55 2006] : (2) DM: You all notice more scuff marks and boot prints heading off down the corridor.
[Thu Jun 1 22:57:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "Nothing, not even a trace of magic around here"
[Thu Jun 1 22:58:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We'll never know, Dan"
[Thu Jun 1 22:58:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "I believe resting is our best option"
[Thu Jun 1 22:58:40 2006] : (7) Dan: "No indeed Adrin."
[Thu Jun 1 22:58:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets get above ground before resting. I dont like it down here"
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:00 2006] : (7) Dan: "I can barely walk, but I'll get out of here"
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:02 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what kind of leather rmour, normal?
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:10 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:22 2006] : (7) Dan: Dan starts walking up the stairs with the lamp and is careful of the top step
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:26 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'll help you, I wasn't touched by that thying"
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And let's not rest too near here either, not with those creatures lurking about"
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:44 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia helps whoever needs help
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:56 2006] : (2) DM: Dan makes it safely to the top.
[Thu Jun 1 22:59:59 2006] : (7) Dan: "I'll be OK if you can carry my pack for me"
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:12 2006] : (6) Lia: oLia makes sure she doesn't step on the first step either
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hand it over"
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:23 2006] : (7) Dan: "It's things like my tent and bedroll that weigh me down"
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin slings Dans pack over his shoulder
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:56 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia takes stuff from the weak ones, but not much, she's not very big
[Thu Jun 1 23:00:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You should try and travel more lightly"
[Thu Jun 1 23:01:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "The same goes for me, I can't carry all my equipment"
[Thu Jun 1 23:01:32 2006] : (7) Dan: "Lia can probably manage my pack"
[Thu Jun 1 23:01:52 2006] : (7) Dan: "It's not greatly heavy, but it's just a bit much for me at present"
[Thu Jun 1 23:01:57 2006] : (2) DM: ooc what strength are you on Dan? 5?
[Thu Jun 1 23:02:02 2006] : (7) Dan: 4
[Thu Jun 1 23:02:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc :O
[Thu Jun 1 23:02:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes Dans and Alis packs
[Thu Jun 1 23:03:36 2006] : (2) DM: You all make it safely back outside and set up a camp in northern most ruined building.
[Thu Jun 1 23:03:39 2006] : (2) DM: GAME END