Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 25 May 2006

[Thu May 25 19:35:04 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 25 19:36:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "So now we have the crystal manufacturer, all that remains is to find the murderer"
[Thu May 25 19:36:49 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Any idea where to start?"
[Thu May 25 19:36:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "Do we think that the human upstairs was the one who obtained the glass from the church?"
[Thu May 25 19:37:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "If so, then we have already caught them"
[Thu May 25 19:37:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Do you think there's any point waiting to see if anyone shows up here?"
[Thu May 25 19:37:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "She probably has her accompl.ices"
[Thu May 25 19:37:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Might it be better to watch over this location, rather than waiting inside?"
[Thu May 25 19:38:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd say that we leave it up to the baron's men to find that out"
[Thu May 25 19:38:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "We have done our task"
[Thu May 25 19:38:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "We found the glass"
[Thu May 25 19:38:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: "and got the ringleader"
[Thu May 25 19:39:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Could we bar the door so no-one can get in here?"
[Thu May 25 19:40:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And then how would we leave?"
[Thu May 25 19:40:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Leave that to the guards. Make them work for their pay"
[Thu May 25 19:40:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And will we get the reward if we don't have the burglar/killer?"
[Thu May 25 19:40:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd say that we inform the guard, and allow them to escalate this to the baron"
[Thu May 25 19:40:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I meant from the outside, of course"
[Thu May 25 19:40:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "He will either use it himself, or have it properly sealed"
[Thu May 25 19:41:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd say that he may find it useful"
[Thu May 25 19:41:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra mumbles something, the word "idiot" can be heard
[Thu May 25 19:42:05 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks Ali in surprise
[Thu May 25 19:43:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, we have the ringleader, and the glass. I suggest that we take them both to the guards"
[Thu May 25 19:43:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So what now? We report to the guard? All os us or do some of us stay behind to make sure nobody gets here before they do?"
[Thu May 25 19:44:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I say we all stick together. Someone may try to free their friend here"
[Thu May 25 19:44:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It might be best to set a small wiremark - if we leave a wire across the door, or similar, we can tell if anyone has entered."
[Thu May 25 19:44:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "Shall we search the place thoroughly first?"
[Thu May 25 19:45:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sure, there might be some surprises here yet"
[Thu May 25 19:45:08 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes 6 minutes to search all the walls and floors
[Thu May 25 19:45:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc taking 20 = 27
[Thu May 25 19:45:31 2006] : (1) DM: You find nothing else.
[Thu May 25 19:45:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin checks the prisoner is well bound
[Thu May 25 19:45:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Thu May 25 19:45:46 2006] : (1) DM: She is.
[Thu May 25 19:46:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, I don't think that there's anything more to be found here"
[Thu May 25 19:46:41 2006] : (4) Dan: ""I think Car had a good idea about marking the place"
[Thu May 25 19:47:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets go then. Could someone give me a hand carrying her?"
[Thu May 25 19:47:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll help. There's the glass and the gold to bring too"
[Thu May 25 19:47:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Will it not cause concern, if we are to walk the streets carrying a bound prisoner?"
[Thu May 25 19:47:42 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc did we split the gold 5 ways?
[Thu May 25 19:47:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Don't forget to split the gold up first, some for us and soem for the guards"
[Thu May 25 19:48:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "For the guards? I thought that the remainder was for the chapel?"
[Thu May 25 19:48:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 900 each and 500 to the church?
[Thu May 25 19:48:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc 900 gp for each of us, right?
[Thu May 25 19:49:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I thought so.
[Thu May 25 19:49:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "We are taking the prisoner to the guardhouse Car. If it's a problem, maybe they can carry her, rather than us"
[Thu May 25 19:49:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If anybody tries to stop us we just tell them we're on the guard's business"
[Thu May 25 19:50:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Fair enough."
[Thu May 25 19:51:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Let's go, then." Caraegyn loads his pack with the glass that needs transporting, wrapping it well. He then carries the pack by one strap, close to the ground.
[Thu May 25 19:52:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin hauls the prisoner to her feet
[Thu May 25 19:52:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a last look around and heads for the exit
[Thu May 25 19:52:43 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes the other side to Adrin
[Thu May 25 19:53:34 2006] : (1) DM: You climb the stairs and re-enter the alleyway. Remember that it's nighttime and dark outside.
[Thu May 25 19:54:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Dan has low light vision - half moon is plenty enough light
[Thu May 25 19:54:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can see well enough in this light"
[Thu May 25 19:54:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door and waits a moment before going out, looking and listening
[Thu May 25 19:54:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu May 25 19:54:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu May 25 19:54:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You lead the way then."
[Thu May 25 19:55:12 2006] : (1) DM: The streets are deserted.
[Thu May 25 19:55:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "Let me look first"
[Thu May 25 19:55:21 2006] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu May 25 19:55:25 2006] : (4) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu May 25 19:55:39 2006] : (4) Dan: Freya: Spot check [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu May 25 19:55:43 2006] : (4) Dan: Freya: Listen check [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu May 25 19:56:04 2006] : (4) Dan: A weasel pops its head out of Dan's robes
[Thu May 25 19:56:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc oo-er!
[Thu May 25 19:56:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 19:56:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let me go first though, I pack more of a punch than you"
[Thu May 25 19:57:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword in her hand
[Thu May 25 19:57:11 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, it's clear"
[Thu May 25 19:57:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra steps outside and starts walking through the streets
[Thu May 25 19:58:11 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hold on Ali"
[Thu May 25 19:58:23 2006] : (4) Dan: "Car was going to do something to the door"
[Thu May 25 19:58:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's wrong?"
[Thu May 25 19:58:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Ah, I almost forgot about that"
[Thu May 25 19:59:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn takes a small thread, and ties it across the doorframe so that it will break if the door is opened, then covers it with dust so it's not very visible.
[Thu May 25 19:59:51 2006] : (1) DM: Tying it to what? Both the door and the doorframe are stone.
[Thu May 25 20:00:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Does the door open in or out?
[Thu May 25 20:00:32 2006] : (1) DM: Outwards.
[Thu May 25 20:00:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc It opens out
[Thu May 25 20:01:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Car, I have some sealing wax, if that will help"
[Thu May 25 20:01:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: What's the floor made of?
[Thu May 25 20:01:24 2006] : (1) DM: Cobbles
[Thu May 25 20:01:24 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Dan, that would be ideal."
[Thu May 25 20:01:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "But it's hadly discrete"
[Thu May 25 20:01:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "There is enough dust around that we can disguise it, I hope."
[Thu May 25 20:02:33 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan passes the block of wax over
[Thu May 25 20:02:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just put a pebble right next to the door and check if it's still there when we return"
[Thu May 25 20:03:14 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn melts a little, then attaches the thread to both door and wall. He then places two pebbles in front of the door, next to each other.
[Thu May 25 20:03:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The thread is more visible; even if they notice that they are unlikely to believe we have made two markers."
[Thu May 25 20:03:41 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, done.
[Thu May 25 20:03:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "anything else you want to do?" (impatiently)
[Thu May 25 20:04:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Right, are we done now?"
[Thu May 25 20:04:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Nothing else."
[Thu May 25 20:04:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra walks off, a bit fast
[Thu May 25 20:05:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn follows, amused at the other's impatience.
[Thu May 25 20:05:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan folows at the side of the captive
[Thu May 25 20:05:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "You catch no deer with haste."
[Thu May 25 20:06:07 2006] : (4) Dan: "And contingency helps cover you should brute strength fail"
[Thu May 25 20:06:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Deer? What are you talking about deer for?"
[Thu May 25 20:06:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Neither with waiting until you're starved yourself"
[Thu May 25 20:06:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Indeed."
[Thu May 25 20:07:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You're just making me hungry"
[Thu May 25 20:07:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We've got money for a great meal"
[Thu May 25 20:08:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Deer, rabbits, wild boar - you hunt them all in different ways, and know which may be found where. It is a case of caution and planning."
[Thu May 25 20:09:04 2006] : (1) DM: Walking to the watchhouse, now?
[Thu May 25 20:09:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu May 25 20:09:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Yes
[Thu May 25 20:10:37 2006] : (1) DM: You drag your captive over to the watchhouse and hand her over to the officers in charge. They tell you to return in the morning for your reward.
[Thu May 25 20:10:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "And the glass?"
[Thu May 25 20:11:02 2006] : (4) Dan: Should we take that to the chapel now, or in the morning?"
[Thu May 25 20:11:19 2006] : (1) DM: The chapel will be closed now.
[Thu May 25 20:11:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Surely it can wait. Besides. will anybody be awake?"
[Thu May 25 20:11:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "The morning it is then"
[Thu May 25 20:11:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc we could break in. Seems to be easy enough ;)
[Thu May 25 20:12:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Shame on you! :P
[Thu May 25 20:12:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "And in the morning, I shall memorise a couple of identify spells"
[Thu May 25 20:13:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "So that we can learn what we can about the two new crystals"
[Thu May 25 20:13:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets get some rest, eh?"
[Thu May 25 20:14:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "In the morning, I am tempted to dispose of some of my spare gold."
[Thu May 25 20:14:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes"
[Thu May 25 20:14:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Going on a shopping spree?"
[Thu May 25 20:15:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "I have an eagerness to rest. I have the certainty that tomorrow I shall be able to memorise more spells"
[Thu May 25 20:15:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I might be ready to buy myself some lightly-enchanted armour..."
[Thu May 25 20:15:58 2006] : (4) Dan: "Do we wish to check onthe alleyway before we turn in?"
[Thu May 25 20:16:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc By the way, DM, what happened to that spearhead that I attached to a shaft?
[Thu May 25 20:16:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc aren't you using it?
[Thu May 25 20:16:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets leave it til the morning. Its only been a short while since we left it"
[Thu May 25 20:16:36 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc we assumed that you had had it set while you were away
[Thu May 25 20:17:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc Yes, but what is it? MW, IIRC.
[Thu May 25 20:17:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc It's steel-bronze so it's masterwork.
[Thu May 25 20:18:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc OK, I've updated my weaponlist.
[Thu May 25 20:18:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc characteristics here
[Thu May 25 20:18:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc spears aren't lighter though since they're mostly the wooden shaft.
[Thu May 25 20:19:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That makes sense
[Thu May 25 20:19:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "And so, to bed?"
[Thu May 25 20:19:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Indeed."
[Thu May 25 20:19:41 2006] : (1) DM: You retire to the inn for some rest and awake the following morning.
[Thu May 25 20:20:27 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan scribes some scrolls before sleep
[Thu May 25 20:20:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc trance not sleep.
[Thu May 25 20:20:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has a quick breakfast and then heads for the alley
[Thu May 25 20:20:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin rises and ges for some light exercise
[Thu May 25 20:21:19 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc :P
[Thu May 25 20:21:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn joins Adrin
[Thu May 25 20:21:49 2006] : (4) Dan: In the morning, Dan spends time reading the new spellbook and then readin his own to memorise spells
[Thu May 25 20:22:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can identify one of the crystals now. I've saved the other spell slot in case we need something specific later"
[Thu May 25 20:22:38 2006] : (1) DM: When you head downstairs the innkeep indicates a crate of items that arrived in the morning from the chapel.
[Thu May 25 20:23:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh, whats this?"
[Thu May 25 20:23:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra checks the door to see if anything had been disturbed, careful not to touch anything herself
[Thu May 25 20:23:56 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item.
[Thu May 25 20:24:08 2006] : (1) DM: Inside are a number of labelled bottles. They are: Oil of Bless Weapon, Potion of Bull's Strength, 2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds, Potion of Lesser Restoration.
[Thu May 25 20:24:29 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc on the violet stone
[Thu May 25 20:25:13 2006] : (1) DM: It's a Violet Glass Egg of Invisibilty. (level 3, 9 charges).
[Thu May 25 20:25:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Very interesting. These should come in handy"
[Thu May 25 20:25:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What about the door in the alley way? Anything disturbed?
[Thu May 25 20:26:04 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc no
[Thu May 25 20:26:53 2006] : (1) Johann: "You going to see the executions today up by the castle? Seems someone caught a couple of traitors last night."
[Thu May 25 20:26:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra returns to the inn
[Thu May 25 20:27:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes a CMW potion
[Thu May 25 20:28:15 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks over the potions with interest, then looks a bit disappointed
[Thu May 25 20:28:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Really? Might be worth a watch"
[Thu May 25 20:28:48 2006] : (4) Dan: "I wonder what the justice system is like here"
[Thu May 25 20:29:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Direct and to the point by the sound of it"
[Thu May 25 20:29:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What are you accustomed to?"
[Thu May 25 20:29:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "At least we know that both of them were aware that they were working with the gobins. So they are indeed traitors"
[Thu May 25 20:29:59 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know. We've never suffered treachery in The Eyrie"
[Thu May 25 20:30:00 2006] : (1) Johann: "Aye, why anyone would choose to colaborate with Goblins I've no idea."
[Thu May 25 20:30:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Money, most like"
[Thu May 25 20:30:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, if there were better motives, we never heard any"
[Thu May 25 20:31:42 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc how much was boarding and a day's food here?
[Thu May 25 20:31:58 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc 1 gp per person per night
[Thu May 25 20:32:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc including food?
[Thu May 25 20:32:22 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc yes
[Thu May 25 20:32:45 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan pays the innkeeper for the night's board and food
[Thu May 25 20:33:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra walks in
[Thu May 25 20:33:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Good morning"
[Thu May 25 20:33:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hey Ali. Look what was sent to us"
[Thu May 25 20:34:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Gifts? How nice!"
[Thu May 25 20:34:25 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan passes the violet orb back to Lia.
[Thu May 25 20:34:46 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc did you cast identify on any other items, Dan?
[Thu May 25 20:34:50 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know if you can use this. It's odd that I could use the Knock one. Maybe anyone can use them"
[Thu May 25 20:34:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the contents of the crate
[Thu May 25 20:35:09 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc on what?
[Thu May 25 20:35:34 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes the rest of the latest loot together
[Thu May 25 20:35:39 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu May 25 20:37:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The door doesn't seem to bge disturbed, string and pebbles are still in place"
[Thu May 25 20:37:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, the dagger is interesting. I'm going upstairs for 15 minutes to memorise an identify spell"
[Thu May 25 20:38:28 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
[Thu May 25 20:38:37 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc concentrating on the dagger
[Thu May 25 20:38:42 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then either there has been no visit or our quarry is more cautious than we thought."
[Thu May 25 20:39:03 2006] : (4) Dan: WThe dagger has some transmutation magic on it"
[Thu May 25 20:39:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I say leave it to the watch"
[Thu May 25 20:39:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll be back in 15 minutes"
[Thu May 25 20:39:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan goes back upstairs to the room
[Thu May 25 20:39:53 2006] : (4) Dan: After memorising the spell, Dan casts it on the dagger
[Thu May 25 20:39:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'll be outside for a bit of training"
[Thu May 25 20:40:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin has breakfast
[Thu May 25 20:41:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn starts carving decorative patterns on the handle of one of his spears.
[Thu May 25 20:42:00 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan returns to the group with the dagger
[Thu May 25 20:42:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "The dagger is enchanted"
[Thu May 25 20:42:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "It still has somewhat of the older magic about it, but it has a tinge of the magic weapon spell on it"
[Thu May 25 20:43:03 2006] : (4) Dan: "At the lowest level, but enchanted nonetheles"
[Thu May 25 20:43:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc i.e. a +1 dagger
[Thu May 25 20:43:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then it should be given to the one who has most need of a strong dagger. I am not accustomed to such weapons."
[Thu May 25 20:43:36 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc nice IC description :-)
[Thu May 25 20:45:00 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd say that our front line fighters have more need of a sure weapon than I do at present. But should they get a bigger replacement in the future, I'd be interested"
[Thu May 25 20:45:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Nnice dagger, but I prefer something with a bit more weight"
[Thu May 25 20:46:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "I say that you or Ali take it for now. There are many creatures out there who cannot be harmed by normal weapons"
[Thu May 25 20:46:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or at least have a certain resistance to them"
[Thu May 25 20:46:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is still outside practising with her weapons
[Thu May 25 20:46:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe you're right"
[Thu May 25 20:47:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "I leave it to you to decide."
[Thu May 25 20:47:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Here, take this then" Adrin whips his normal dagger out of his boot strapping
[Thu May 25 20:48:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh no. I'm fine. I have a longsword, and als have little intention of ending up in a melee"
[Thu May 25 20:48:34 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan winks at Adrin
[Thu May 25 20:48:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ok. Car, you want this?"
[Thu May 25 20:48:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "That's why I adventure with the likes of you and Ali"
[Thu May 25 20:49:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: "So we distract them while you drown animals at their feet?"
[Thu May 25 20:50:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Who's drowning animals?"
[Thu May 25 20:50:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra comes in, loikking a bit flustered
[Thu May 25 20:50:23 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc It didn't drown.
[Thu May 25 20:50:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Not I. I have a short knife and my spiked fist, and my spears."
[Thu May 25 20:50:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'm just kidding with Dan, Ali"
[Thu May 25 20:51:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "Umm, while I was detecting magic I came across this logbook from the cavern"
[Thu May 25 20:51:24 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits and skim reads it
[Thu May 25 20:51:28 2006] : (1) DM: You open it up and start reading...
[Thu May 25 20:51:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Dan, did you find anything out about the things we found? What does the crystal do?"
[Thu May 25 20:51:52 2006] : (1) DM: Its mostly full of technical notes on magical reasearch Greta had been conducting.
[Thu May 25 20:52:02 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan is reading. He waves a hand distractedly at you
[Thu May 25 20:52:14 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc anything on her motives int here?
[Thu May 25 20:52:35 2006] : (1) DM: One of the items she investigated is a black glass egg she found in an ancient (unspecified) crypt.
[Thu May 25 20:52:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Guys, what did Dan find out?"
[Thu May 25 20:53:13 2006] : (1) DM: The other items is the dagger, the material of which she's dubbed steel-bronze.
[Thu May 25 20:53:21 2006] : (1) DM: Make a spell craft check, Dan.
[Thu May 25 20:53:26 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26)
[Thu May 25 20:53:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Some stuff"
[Thu May 25 20:54:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What does the crystal do? And what is that dagger made of?"
[Thu May 25 20:54:24 2006] : (1) DM: The notes describe how Greta unravelled the first thread of the dagger and unlocked its minor power.
[Thu May 25 20:54:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The dagger carries some minor enchantment."
[Thu May 25 20:54:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Does that make it a better weapon?"
[Thu May 25 20:55:04 2006] : (1) DM: The procedure is involved but you follow the instructions.
[Thu May 25 20:55:50 2006] : (1) DM: Some of the entries cover Greta's dire financial status.
[Thu May 25 20:55:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Dan reckons it would"
[Thu May 25 20:56:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "If by 'better' you mean 'will harm a wider range of foes, and strikes harder and sure', then yes."
[Thu May 25 20:56:23 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan frowns sadly
[Thu May 25 20:56:36 2006] : (1) DM: Others briefly describe deals made with goblins for magical eggs.
[Thu May 25 20:56:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sounds good. And what about the crystal?"
[Thu May 25 20:57:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc did we ever learn anything about that breastplate?
[Thu May 25 20:57:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I don't even know if it's magical
[Thu May 25 20:58:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Lia could tell you about it... I guess she's there to ask
[Thu May 25 20:58:18 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc the egg that is
[Thu May 25 20:58:47 2006] : (1) DM: And there's one short entry on what Greta describes as a "regretable incident" at the chapel but she considers the result worth the cost and is please she'll soon be able to earn some gold to further her studies.
[Thu May 25 20:59:32 2006] : (1) DM: There's nothing else of interest in the log book.
[Thu May 25 20:59:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm. Sorry, it was very interesting if a little sad reading"
[Thu May 25 20:59:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "It seems that the mage was called Greta"
[Thu May 25 21:00:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That's not sad, I've heard much worse names"
[Thu May 25 21:00:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "The basic story is one of a mage so obsessed in her studies that she was willing to take any steps necessary to fund and further them"
[Thu May 25 21:01:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "To the point where even the death at the chapel is described merely as regrettable"
[Thu May 25 21:01:42 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan tells the basic story of Greta
[Thu May 25 21:02:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "The really interesting part is that there's a deal of work here describing ways to unlock the 'steel-bronze' as she calls the metal items"
[Thu May 25 21:02:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or at least some of the powers therein"
[Thu May 25 21:02:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Could you do that?"
[Thu May 25 21:03:10 2006] : (1) DM: The procedure requires 1 week in a laboratory and uses up some 500 gp of materials.
[Thu May 25 21:03:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "I believe that I could follow the instructions"
[Thu May 25 21:03:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "But it needs a fair amount of time"
[Thu May 25 21:03:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "And it only details the most basic methods"
[Thu May 25 21:03:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc: you going on holiday soon, Craig? :-P
[Thu May 25 21:03:47 2006] : (1) DM: You can do several items in parallel though.
[Thu May 25 21:03:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "And it also requires money"
[Thu May 25 21:04:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Money can be find, if it would be worth it"
[Thu May 25 21:04:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "We have enough already"
[Thu May 25 21:04:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "But it's the time that's always a problem. I also need time to learn spells"
[Thu May 25 21:05:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe that shop owner would be interested in doing the work"
[Thu May 25 21:05:25 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I do always feel that our groups lead relentless BG style campaigns with no resting (my campaign included)
[Thu May 25 21:05:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "She was very interested in the breastplate"
[Thu May 25 21:05:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc so take a break!
[Thu May 25 21:06:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 21:06:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra looks bored
[Thu May 25 21:06:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "If you wish to establish a laboratory, then we will need some location for it - we would need to lease a room or building on a longer-term basis."
[Thu May 25 21:07:00 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, we have captured the thief. The tower can wait, and I think that we've thwarted the goblins somewhat, maybe buying us some time"
[Thu May 25 21:07:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Or we could use gretas lab"
[Thu May 25 21:07:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just make up your mind: can you do it, do you want to do it, will it be worth the time and money?"
[Thu May 25 21:07:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "I was wondering if the spell shop owner would be interested in working with me on it."
[Thu May 25 21:07:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe we could reduce the time needed. And use her facilities"
[Thu May 25 21:07:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Lia also needs time to train her animal companion to do new tricks.
[Thu May 25 21:08:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "And she gets the knowledge that she wanted"
[Thu May 25 21:08:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd rather not use Greta's lab Adrin"
[Thu May 25 21:08:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Why not?"
[Thu May 25 21:09:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why not? What's wronmg with it?"
[Thu May 25 21:09:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "Once that stone has run out of power, I have no way back in"
[Thu May 25 21:09:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "I cannot normally cast knock"
[Thu May 25 21:09:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Plus I believe that the place should be revealed to the baron for town safety"
[Thu May 25 21:10:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Fair enough. Was only an idea"
[Thu May 25 21:10:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That can wait a bit, if we'd want to use it"
[Thu May 25 21:10:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd rather not end up before the baron with him asking me why I have a hidden lair in the town"
[Thu May 25 21:10:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We could always adapt the door, to open at all times."
[Thu May 25 21:11:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "A town this size only needs one wizard, and I'd rather not step on the current one's toes"
[Thu May 25 21:11:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Removing the magic?"
[Thu May 25 21:11:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think that it will be beneficial to have a partner in this"
[Thu May 25 21:11:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Perhaps you could become him, Dan"
[Thu May 25 21:12:05 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc in the week am I able to do anything else? Like scribe spells too?
[Thu May 25 21:12:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu May 25 21:13:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, we have two items for which we could unlock the minor spells on. The spearhead and the breastplate"
[Thu May 25 21:13:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Perhaps we should all find some employment for this time - better that than sit and wait."
[Thu May 25 21:13:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "Myself and..."
[Thu May 25 21:13:52 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc what's the mage's name??
[Thu May 25 21:14:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn plans to take temporary work with a weaponsmith, making spears for the town's militia.
[Thu May 25 21:14:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Seraphina Christina
[Thu May 25 21:15:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "... Seraphina can reveal the basic magic in both of them in a week"
[Thu May 25 21:15:37 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sure, Caraegyn. I'll need to work out the weekly wage for that.
[Thu May 25 21:15:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "You'll have to be content to see me there as well, Dan, I can't leave you there unprotected, Greta might have friends that would love to hurt you"
[Thu May 25 21:15:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Does that sound like a plan?"
[Thu May 25 21:16:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "I have no problem with that Ali, I just hope that you don't get bored"
[Thu May 25 21:16:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "I guess that you could man the shop for Seraphina"
[Thu May 25 21:16:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "But that's her call"
[Thu May 25 21:16:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just give me a place to practice my weapons and some books"
[Thu May 25 21:17:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan eats some breakfast, then goes to make his proposal to Seraphina
[Thu May 25 21:17:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'll maybe see if I can get some work with that Captain"
[Thu May 25 21:18:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc half check result in GP per week for Craft income.
[Thu May 25 21:18:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes with Dan
[Thu May 25 21:19:05 2006] : (1) DM: Seraphina eagerly agrees to your proposal and allows you to use her laboratory and library for free.
[Thu May 25 21:19:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan shares Greta's notes with Seraphina
[Thu May 25 21:20:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Adrin, do you wish to join me?"
[Thu May 25 21:20:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Not sure if I have the patience for it, but I suppose I could give it a go"
[Thu May 25 21:21:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What weapon-crafting have you done before?"
[Thu May 25 21:22:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: "ahh, none"
[Thu May 25 21:22:52 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16)
[Thu May 25 21:23:11 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26)
[Thu May 25 21:23:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then now is a fine time to learn." Caraegyn grabs a wood blank and his short knife, and starts demonstrating how to shape the end of the wood to take an arrowhead.
[Thu May 25 21:24:03 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [15,12] = (27)
[Thu May 25 21:24:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc can I get skill points for this? ;)
[Thu May 25 21:24:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no.
[Thu May 25 21:24:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc boooo :P
[Thu May 25 21:24:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra installs herself in the shop and reads, while she isn't practising
[Thu May 25 21:25:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tries to copy Cars work
[Thu May 25 21:25:18 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc we should be playing Morrowind!
[Thu May 25 21:25:22 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin does a rubbish job.
[Thu May 25 21:25:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Craft Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu May 25 21:25:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "See, I told you I was no good"
[Thu May 25 21:26:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It's always harder work at first." Caraegyn displays more patience in teaching the carving than might me expected.
[Thu May 25 21:27:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you could do a stint as a guard or a dockhand or something, Adrin.
[Thu May 25 21:27:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yeah, I'll have a go at that instead
[Thu May 25 21:28:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Look, I'm just no good at this. I'll see if the watch will pay me to push locals around"
[Thu May 25 21:28:18 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc anyone stumping up the 500 gold for this? I just used 900 on scribing spells and so have 167 left
[Thu May 25 21:28:22 2006] : (1) DM: Merchants are always looking for guards for their cargos in the docks. The pay isn't good, though.
[Thu May 25 21:28:24 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 500 x2
[Thu May 25 21:28:40 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [15,12] = (27)
[Thu May 25 21:28:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc would Seraphina pay some of it?
[Thu May 25 21:29:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no
[Thu May 25 21:29:30 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc they're our items
[Thu May 25 21:29:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'd suggest whoever is going to use the items pays.
[Thu May 25 21:29:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I'll put in the 500 for the spearhead
[Thu May 25 21:30:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra advances 1,000 gp to the cause
[Thu May 25 21:30:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "You'd better make sure I get my money back"
[Thu May 25 21:31:06 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you can earn 6 sp a day from guarding cargos on the docks.
[Thu May 25 21:31:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Umm, I'm afraid that the money will be consumed in arcane components"
[Thu May 25 21:31:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc i'm rich, rich I tell ya!
[Thu May 25 21:31:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan gives Ali 500 back as Car already gave 500
[Thu May 25 21:31:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc so 1 day destroying planks of wood and 6 guarding cargo
[Thu May 25 21:32:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I know that! I meant afterwards, when we sell those items"
[Thu May 25 21:32:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "But the point is to use them Ali"
[Thu May 25 21:32:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "this is only unlocking the most basic thread of magic"
[Thu May 25 21:32:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The items you're unlocking the magic off, that dagger for instance"
[Thu May 25 21:32:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra sighs and stumps off
[Thu May 25 21:33:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "I have no doubt that there is more to be learned, but I need to catch up to Greta's basics before we move onto the next step"
[Thu May 25 21:33:43 2006] : (6) Lia (enter): 21:33
[Thu May 25 21:34:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc hey notafish
[Thu May 25 21:34:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is gone, frustrated with Dan
[Thu May 25 21:34:09 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc JESUS CHRIST! Why didn't you try to ping me, send me an email, nothing? :(
[Thu May 25 21:34:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Hi, Delphine. What kept you?
[Thu May 25 21:34:22 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc today is a holiday here, I totally lost track of time :(
[Thu May 25 21:34:30 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Sorry!
[Thu May 25 21:34:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can I still join? :D
[Thu May 25 21:34:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Holiday?? was I the only mug in work today??
[Thu May 25 21:35:00 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you're teaching your animal companion tricks
[Thu May 25 21:35:08 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc cool ;)
[Thu May 25 21:35:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I was physically at work today though my mind was back in bed...
[Thu May 25 21:35:25 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 21:35:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I was at work.
[Thu May 25 21:35:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc never start an evening at a beer festival with cider called "Suicider"....
[Thu May 25 21:35:52 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I was physically in bed until 12.40 today ;)
[Thu May 25 21:36:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 21:36:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol, I like that name
[Thu May 25 21:37:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc It gives fair warning
[Thu May 25 21:37:41 2006] : (4) Dan: Meanwhile... Dan works very hard on the items with Seraphina
[Thu May 25 21:37:59 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so, can I jump in or does it disrupt everything?
[Thu May 25 21:38:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc jump in, they're just having a week of downtime doing stuff.
[Thu May 25 21:39:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Dan is working in Sera's lab (ironic since Craig has done sod all this week :P )
[Thu May 25 21:39:03 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc cool then I *am* indeed tricking my animal
[Thu May 25 21:39:47 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc teaching it to attack
[Thu May 25 21:39:52 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc finally!
[Thu May 25 21:39:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc does that take a week?
[Thu May 25 21:41:19 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc something along those lines. I'll be doing some herborist stuff as well, earning a little cash and learning about the herbs in the region
[Thu May 25 21:41:41 2006] : (6) Lia: Profession Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
[Thu May 25 21:42:32 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you can do the herb stuff from Seraphina's shop, and lab, provided you don't get in our way ;)
[Thu May 25 21:43:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Wouldn't that be Seraphina's call? :P
[Thu May 25 21:43:36 2006] : (1) DM: Seraphina would let you.
[Thu May 25 21:43:58 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc then I do it :)
[Thu May 25 21:44:33 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc wait, Seraphina is all neat and friendly now?
[Thu May 25 21:44:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Seraphina has always been friendly -- she's the owner of the magic shop.
[Thu May 25 21:45:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc it was Greta that we tied up and handed over to the guards.
[Thu May 25 21:45:23 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc oops, mixed her up with Greta
[Thu May 25 21:45:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Greta has been excecuted by a Baron for treason.
[Thu May 25 21:45:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc along with the messanger you captured.
[Thu May 25 21:46:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc no ASBO's here :)
[Thu May 25 21:46:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 21:46:45 2006] : (6) Lia: Handle Animal (+4 if companion) Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu May 25 21:47:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I just got evils - told Michelle her bum looks big in that.
[Thu May 25 21:47:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ooohhh, not good
[Thu May 25 21:47:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc And you're still alive?
[Thu May 25 21:48:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc He's so gonna pay for that
[Thu May 25 21:48:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc yep :-) - it must be my charm.
[Thu May 25 21:48:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Your what?
[Thu May 25 21:48:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc :-P
[Thu May 25 21:50:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I wouldn't kill it evil though, there's another word 'd use: stupid ;)
[Thu May 25 21:50:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: call it
[Thu May 25 21:50:11 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc mixing your comedy metaphors too??
[Thu May 25 21:50:26 2006] : (6) Lia: "Geez, Oufyi is long to learn all I would teach him"
[Thu May 25 21:50:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That was just such a weird typo
[Thu May 25 21:50:51 2006] : (6) Lia: "I probably need more than just a week off to be able to make him useful in combat"
[Thu May 25 21:51:10 2006] : (4) Dan: One week later, Dan is finished
[Thu May 25 21:51:18 2006] : (6) Lia: "Somthing along three weeks really, but do we have that time to sepnd?"
[Thu May 25 21:51:22 2006] : (6) Lia: *spend
[Thu May 25 21:51:24 2006] : (4) Dan: As is Seraphina
[Thu May 25 21:52:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc btw, there's a cheaper inn on the dockside for 2 sp per day.
[Thu May 25 21:52:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So what have your time and my money accomplished?"
[Thu May 25 21:53:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: brb
[Thu May 25 21:53:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Lia, Seraphina and I will need more time later to get more out of these items"
[Thu May 25 21:53:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "So you will have more opportunity"
[Thu May 25 21:53:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc half of it was my money!
[Thu May 25 21:53:56 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc dunno, DM?
[Thu May 25 21:54:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc You're not there :P
[Thu May 25 21:54:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, well as expected, we managed to tease out the base thread of magic in both items"
[Thu May 25 21:55:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "In the spearhead, it was again transmutation as I expected, so i left that to Seraphina"
[Thu May 25 21:55:45 2006] : (1) DM: Oh, I'll need a spellcraft check for the armour.
[Thu May 25 21:56:04 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
[Thu May 25 21:56:11 2006] : (1) DM: Success.
[Thu May 25 21:56:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "In the breastplate, I suspected that conjuration was the base magic, and as it's my speciality"
[Thu May 25 21:56:15 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I make like 10 GP for my herborist trade, is that OK?
[Thu May 25 21:56:23 2006] : (4) Dan: "I took responsibility"
[Thu May 25 21:56:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't do your trade and animal training at the same time.
[Thu May 25 21:56:50 2006] : (4) Dan: "The upshot is that we have unpicked the first weave of magic in both items"
[Thu May 25 21:56:57 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ah, ok
[Thu May 25 21:57:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "Both now have standard minor enchantments"
[Thu May 25 21:57:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Does that mean my armour now gives better protection?"
[Thu May 25 21:57:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "But there remains more to be unwoven"
[Thu May 25 21:57:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Yes Ali"
[Thu May 25 21:57:35 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc +1
[Thu May 25 21:57:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Good, that should be worth the money I spent"
[Thu May 25 21:58:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "Indeed Ali, but more than that. the item still has much to be unwoven"
[Thu May 25 21:59:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Well, when we next have time and money, perhaps"
[Thu May 25 21:59:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "The ancients who made the items used magic in different ways. It's a slow process to convert it to our modern magic equivalent, but there's more to be done on the breastplate, the dagger and spearhead"
[Thu May 25 22:00:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "I Agree. I enjoy study, but I also need to hone my magical skills practically"
[Thu May 25 22:00:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then they are fine pieces indeed."
[Thu May 25 22:00:34 2006] : (6) Lia: "I could use another two weeks"
[Thu May 25 22:00:43 2006] : (6) Lia: "of rest and study"
[Thu May 25 22:00:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "Lia, I'm afraid that you won't be able to use that bead. I will, can I take it?"
[Thu May 25 22:00:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "The purple one?"
[Thu May 25 22:01:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'm sure its been fun for you, but I'm about ready to kill some of those merchants at the docks"
[Thu May 25 22:01:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "I probably can to some extent, but yes, go ahead. I would argue we should think at the time of need who benefits better from it"
[Thu May 25 22:01:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes"
[Thu May 25 22:02:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Use of arcane items when you have not studied the art is difficult and most often wastes the spell"
[Thu May 25 22:02:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "But you can by all means keep it. I'm just trying to think of best use."
[Thu May 25 22:02:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "You can have the one that opens doors if you wish. It does not seem to have the same restrictions"
[Thu May 25 22:03:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "no no, as I said, I believe that you should have it"
[Thu May 25 22:03:35 2006] : (6) Lia: "Here you go"
[Thu May 25 22:03:38 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan smiles
[Thu May 25 22:03:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "Thankyou"
[Thu May 25 22:04:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "I doubt that I shall use it on myself though"
[Thu May 25 22:04:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "With regards to the dead stone, can we leave it with Seraphina?"
[Thu May 25 22:04:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "Sure"
[Thu May 25 22:04:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "There was some writing in Greta's logbook about black stones"
[Thu May 25 22:04:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Fine with me"
[Thu May 25 22:05:15 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan passes it to Seraphina for her to examine while we adventure
[Thu May 25 22:05:48 2006] : (4) Dan: "Now I believe that you owe me a drink!"
[Thu May 25 22:05:58 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan points to Car and Ali
[Thu May 25 22:06:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Now that I can deal with!"
[Thu May 25 22:06:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If you insist!" Aliatra grins as she leads the way
[Thu May 25 22:07:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc how much have we paid for food and lodging?
[Thu May 25 22:07:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 1gp /night
[Thu May 25 22:07:46 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Depends, did you move to a cheaper inn?
[Thu May 25 22:07:46 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 1gp per night for 8 nights
[Thu May 25 22:07:55 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I didn't
[Thu May 25 22:08:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I did!
[Thu May 25 22:08:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I didn't
[Thu May 25 22:08:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the cheap inn on the docks was 2sp a night
[Thu May 25 22:09:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I did!
[Thu May 25 22:10:37 2006] : (1) DM: What's the plan when the week is over?
[Thu May 25 22:10:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I didn't . Enjoying having money to spend for a change
[Thu May 25 22:11:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Going out of time and hack off some head
[Thu May 25 22:11:11 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Erm... ask the guard if they've got any more dirty work that needs doing?
[Thu May 25 22:11:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how about we head out to that tower
[Thu May 25 22:11:26 2006] : (4) Dan: After his prima-donna-esque rant, Dan enjoyed the luxury too much
[Thu May 25 22:11:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so I can get my armour brushed up or something?
[Thu May 25 22:11:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc in a week that is?
[Thu May 25 22:11:47 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yes, I thought so
[Thu May 25 22:12:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc brushed up? Do you mean enchanted?
[Thu May 25 22:12:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "Can anyone use Greta's crossbow? It's a well made affair"
[Thu May 25 22:12:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "If not we can sell it"
[Thu May 25 22:13:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: "No use to me"
[Thu May 25 22:13:16 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc something along those lines, yes, although I'd have to see what I can really do with that stuff ;-)
[Thu May 25 22:13:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I can use it"
[Thu May 25 22:14:24 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then take it."
[Thu May 25 22:14:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are you sure?"
[Thu May 25 22:14:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you need masterwork armour to start with.
[Thu May 25 22:14:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc MW?
[Thu May 25 22:14:40 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc if it's not m'work you can't enchant it
[Thu May 25 22:14:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "I can't use it, and wouldn't anyway. I'm clumsy with these big fancy mechanical things of sorts"
[Thu May 25 22:14:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 25 22:14:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The crossbow I meant
[Thu May 25 22:15:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 25 22:15:21 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc and 20 bolts
[Thu May 25 22:17:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Can I get a decision on what you're doing next so we can jump straight into the action next week.
[Thu May 25 22:18:09 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc tower sounds good
[Thu May 25 22:18:25 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc yep, tower
[Thu May 25 22:18:31 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc we could head there now *cough* random encounter *cough*
[Thu May 25 22:18:37 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I'll have thought up my beefup armour Dave
[Thu May 25 22:18:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 22:18:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Good idea Craig, thanks.
[Thu May 25 22:19:26 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc the shame about text on a PC is you can't tell sincerity from sarcasm :(
[Thu May 25 22:19:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc You can if you know whio's saying it ;)
[Thu May 25 22:19:48 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 22:19:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 22:19:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc that was sincere
[Thu May 25 22:20:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I've bought a masterwork buckler, if one could be found in town.
[Thu May 25 22:20:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yup
[Thu May 25 22:21:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What kind of crossbow are we talking about? Light, composite, heavy, repeating?
[Thu May 25 22:22:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc light
[Thu May 25 22:22:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc ty
[Thu May 25 22:23:26 2006] : (6) Lia: where can I find armour stuff?
[Thu May 25 22:23:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc oops, ooc :D
[Thu May 25 22:23:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc DMG
[Thu May 25 22:25:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc buying mw studded leather too, and selling the old leather.
[Thu May 25 22:25:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Selling my old bow, buying some extra bolts
[Thu May 25 22:26:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc If I want to upgrade MW armour to +1 it's 1000gp?
[Thu May 25 22:26:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 25 22:26:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc rats, I have to upgrade mine to MW first :(
[Thu May 25 22:27:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Adrins armour goes ker-ching ;)
[Thu May 25 22:27:27 2006] : (1) DM: heh
[Thu May 25 22:28:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc You can't upgrade to MW, you'll have to buy new armour
[Thu May 25 22:28:01 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+20] -> [10,20] = (30), [1d20+20] -> [5,20] = (25)
[Thu May 25 22:28:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan watches everyone purchasing stuff and examines his paltry coin purse
[Thu May 25 22:28:34 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan buys some rations
[Thu May 25 22:28:38 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc whatever, I jdon't have the money to go MW AND +1 :D
[Thu May 25 22:29:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc did you remember the 900 gp from Greta's chest?
[Thu May 25 22:30:37 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc all spent scribing 3 level 2 spells and 1 level 1
[Thu May 25 22:31:09 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc, yes, with them I have just 1000 GPs
[Thu May 25 22:31:55 2006] : (1) DM: You head out for the ruins Seraphina mentioned, in the early afternoon the poor track you're following passes though a small wood.
[Thu May 25 22:32:08 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Thu May 25 22:32:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
[Thu May 25 22:32:35 2006] : (6) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu May 25 22:32:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu May 25 22:33:01 2006] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu May 25 22:33:08 2006] : (4) Dan: Freya: Spot check [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu May 25 22:34:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
[Thu May 25 22:34:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Can you put yout minis into marching order please.
[Thu May 25 22:35:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I just realised I forgot to add my con bonus to HP :/
[Thu May 25 22:35:27 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc actually, MW does not make sense on a leather armour...
[Thu May 25 22:35:56 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc it does if you intend to get it enchanted later
[Thu May 25 22:36:26 2006] : (1) DM: Two small flying creatures burst out of the undergrowth and attack Caraegyn
[Thu May 25 22:36:29 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc plus it's better for aesthetic reasons
[Thu May 25 22:36:37 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16), [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
[Thu May 25 22:36:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc suit you sir
[Thu May 25 22:36:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Something does not want us here!"
[Thu May 25 22:36:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc AC while flat footed?
[Thu May 25 22:37:07 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc 17
[Thu May 25 22:37:12 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc :-D
[Thu May 25 22:37:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I've got Uncanny Dodge.
[Thu May 25 22:37:54 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc sounds like a character from Dickens ;)
[Thu May 25 22:38:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 22:38:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 22:39:54 2006] : (1) DM: The creatures resemble miniature red dragon but a red-brown colour, with wings, and a long whip like tail with a stinger. They're about 1 ft long.
[Thu May 25 22:39:59 2006] : (1) DM: Initiative
[Thu May 25 22:40:02 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu May 25 22:40:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Thu May 25 22:40:17 2006] : (4) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu May 25 22:40:22 2006] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Thu May 25 22:40:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu May 25 22:40:36 2006] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
[Thu May 25 22:40:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
[Thu May 25 22:40:40 2006] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
[Thu May 25 22:40:51 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc covering all bases that I can :P
[Thu May 25 22:41:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Lia, initiative.
[Thu May 25 22:41:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu May 25 22:41:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc So we see ;)
[Thu May 25 22:41:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu May 25 22:41:28 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu May 25 22:43:04 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: The pseudodragons attack again.
[Thu May 25 22:43:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "They're pseudodragons. Be careful of their poisoned stinger which will put you to sleep."
[Thu May 25 22:43:13 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
[Thu May 25 22:43:21 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Fortitude save Caregyn.
[Thu May 25 22:43:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu May 25 22:43:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just to sleep? It won't kill us?"
[Thu May 25 22:44:05 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Take 1 point of damage as the stinger jabs into your cheek.
[Thu May 25 22:44:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc how come they get to act first? didn't my initiative beat them?
[Thu May 25 22:44:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm sure that they will then eat you if that makes you feel better Ali"
[Thu May 25 22:44:32 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: ooc because your DM is dumb.
[Thu May 25 22:44:39 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Thu May 25 22:44:42 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu May 25 22:44:51 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Another fort save Caraegyn
[Thu May 25 22:44:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just asking, no need to treat my like some kind of imbecile"
[Thu May 25 22:44:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu May 25 22:45:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Could you two stop arguing and fight?"
[Thu May 25 22:45:26 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan splutters with indignation
[Thu May 25 22:45:33 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Caraegyn, you suddently feel very sleepy and slump to the ground fast asleep and snoring.
[Thu May 25 22:45:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra ignores Dan
[Thu May 25 22:45:58 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Caraegyn, it's your turn /before/ the pseudodragons attacked...
[Thu May 25 22:46:22 2006] : (1) DM: Also 2 damage Caraegyn
[Thu May 25 22:46:32 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc DM dumb? Na. Can't be.
[Thu May 25 22:46:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Not our DM, he's the smartest DM in the whole wide world
[Thu May 25 22:46:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: OK, I was moving off to the side and attacking #1 as I did so.
[Thu May 25 22:47:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [3,3,5] = (11)
[Thu May 25 22:47:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc agreed
[Thu May 25 22:47:10 2006] : (1) DM: A miss.
[Thu May 25 22:47:11 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc miss. Bother.
[Thu May 25 22:47:32 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu May 25 22:47:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Shooting at #1
[Thu May 25 22:47:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 25 22:47:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d8+0] -> [1,2,0] = (3)
[Thu May 25 22:48:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Not a lot of damage :(
[Thu May 25 22:48:14 2006] : (1) DM: A hit but the bolt just grazes it.
[Thu May 25 22:48:33 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Thu May 25 22:48:50 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan steps back 10 feet
[Thu May 25 22:49:09 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): Deals [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
[Thu May 25 22:49:16 2006] : (4) Dan: on no 1
[Thu May 25 22:49:28 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu May 25 22:49:32 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu May 25 22:49:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: jump forward and attack #2
[Thu May 25 22:49:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [4,2,3] = (9)
[Thu May 25 22:50:07 2006] : (1) DM: You swing wide.
[Thu May 25 22:50:13 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 25 22:50:31 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc mw bullets (yeah, I bought them before)
[Thu May 25 22:50:33 2006] : (6) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 25 22:50:38 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc on 1
[Thu May 25 22:50:40 2006] : (6) Lia: done
[Thu May 25 22:50:47 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc no, I move
[Thu May 25 22:50:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc btw, it's better to have MW sling and ordinary bullets.
[Thu May 25 22:51:16 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I know, I bought the MW bullets before I knew that and had the $$ to buy a MW weapon ;)
[Thu May 25 22:51:18 2006] : (1) DM: Your bullet misses by miles.
[Thu May 25 22:51:44 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn snores.
[Thu May 25 22:51:58 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: The pseudodragons turn and attack Adrin and Lia
[Thu May 25 22:53:00 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
[Thu May 25 22:53:05 2006] : (6) Lia: "They're telling us we're intruding"
[Thu May 25 22:53:06 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Adrin, a fort save.
[Thu May 25 22:53:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"
[Thu May 25 22:53:12 2006] : (5) Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu May 25 22:53:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just tell them that if they leave us alone we will as well"
[Thu May 25 22:53:41 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Adrin falls to the ground asleep.
[Thu May 25 22:53:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: zzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz
[Thu May 25 22:53:55 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Thu May 25 22:54:12 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu May 25 22:54:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Changing bow for sword
[Thu May 25 22:54:35 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia tries to think as hard as she can "We didn't mean to intrude'
[Thu May 25 22:54:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [6,4,6] = (16)
[Thu May 25 22:54:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] -> [2,3,3,1,12] = (21)
[Thu May 25 22:54:56 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan speaks in Draconic
[Thu May 25 22:55:11 2006] : (1) DM: Do you have quickdraw Aliatra?
[Thu May 25 22:55:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "We are simply passing through and meant no disrespect"
[Thu May 25 22:55:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra just swings her sword
[Thu May 25 22:55:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "Please, let us not quarrel"
[Thu May 25 22:56:05 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, do you have the quickdraw feat?
[Thu May 25 22:56:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu May 25 22:56:49 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan speaks again in Draconic
[Thu May 25 22:56:53 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra cuts one of the pseudodragons onto two, slicing throw it's neck and wing.
[Thu May 25 22:56:59 2006] : (4) Dan: "Please, this fighting is..."
[Thu May 25 22:57:12 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan switches to common
[Thu May 25 22:57:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah, that's torn it"
[Thu May 25 22:57:57 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan speaks again in Draconic
[Thu May 25 22:58:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "Now, we still have chance to stop this. I'm sure that you have young that need you"
[Thu May 25 22:58:31 2006] : (1) DM: The remaining pseudodragon screeches and you all here in your head: "My mate! You've killed her! Who will look after the eggs now?! Murderers! Thieves!"
[Thu May 25 22:58:39 2006] : (1) DM: hear
[Thu May 25 22:58:48 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu May 25 22:58:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "We don't want this fight. Please stop and fly to the eggs"
[Thu May 25 22:59:09 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan casts mage armour just in case
[Thu May 25 22:59:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra holds her sword and glares at #1
[Thu May 25 22:59:22 2006] : (4) Dan: Done
[Thu May 25 22:59:40 2006] : (1) DM: The pseudodragon just screeches angrily at you.
[Thu May 25 22:59:54 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin snores.
[Thu May 25 22:59:58 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu May 25 23:00:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: zzzz
[Thu May 25 23:00:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc pseudodragon eggs are worth a fair bit, IIRC...
[Thu May 25 23:00:19 2006] : (6) Lia: tiuck sling, take sickle
[Thu May 25 23:00:33 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu May 25 23:00:37 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can I still attack?
[Thu May 25 23:00:38 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan switches to common
[Thu May 25 23:00:41 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: ooc no.
[Thu May 25 23:00:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Please stop"
[Thu May 25 23:00:58 2006] : (4) Dan: "This is a creature of good"
[Thu May 25 23:01:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "
[Thu May 25 23:01:17 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan is weeping
[Thu May 25 23:01:30 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: The remaing pseudodragon attacks Lia and a frenzied lashing of teeth and tail.
[Thu May 25 23:01:42 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20-1] -> [20,-1] = (19), [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu May 25 23:01:50 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: [1d20-1] -> [11,-1] = (10)
[Thu May 25 23:01:55 2006] : (1) Pseudodragon: Take 1 damage Lia.
[Thu May 25 23:02:06 2006] : (6) Lia: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu May 25 23:02:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "They shouldn't attack us if they don't want to get killed"
[Thu May 25 23:02:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "They are defending their young"
[Thu May 25 23:02:23 2006] : (1) DM: It bit you on the hand you're not poisoned.
[Thu May 25 23:02:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k
[Thu May 25 23:02:37 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu May 25 23:02:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Which is a good thing with that save
[Thu May 25 23:02:52 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 23:02:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [1,5,6] = (12)
[Thu May 25 23:03:56 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra cuts the pseudodragon badly and it flutters to the ground wimpering.
[Thu May 25 23:04:04 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu May 25 23:04:25 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan runs over to it
[Thu May 25 23:04:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm sorry Ali, but I can't see it murdered"
[Thu May 25 23:04:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "these creatures are friends to good wizards"
[Thu May 25 23:05:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "They did not listen to us really"
[Thu May 25 23:05:19 2006] : (6) Lia: "Should i heal it"
[Thu May 25 23:05:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know why it attacked, but I'm sure that there was a good reason in it's small brain"
[Thu May 25 23:05:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "Please, don't kill it"
[Thu May 25 23:05:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I don't want to kill them, but we have to defend ourselves"
[Thu May 25 23:06:03 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, I understand"
[Thu May 25 23:06:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "Can you find the nest Lia?"
[Thu May 25 23:06:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Do you want me to heal it?"
[Thu May 25 23:06:25 2006] : (4) Dan: We could put it back at the nest and heal it"
[Thu May 25 23:06:41 2006] : (6) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
[Thu May 25 23:06:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "To show that we have no interst in the nest"
[Thu May 25 23:06:52 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia looks around for the nest
[Thu May 25 23:07:00 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc take 20?
[Thu May 25 23:07:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If you can heal it without it trying tio kill us again, please do so"
[Thu May 25 23:07:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or its eggs"
[Thu May 25 23:07:07 2006] : (1) DM: Spot check, take 20.
[Thu May 25 23:07:14 2006] : (6) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu May 25 23:07:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu May 25 23:07:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu May 25 23:07:20 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 25
[Thu May 25 23:07:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu May 25 23:07:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: 25
[Thu May 25 23:07:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: are we still asleep?
[Thu May 25 23:07:43 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc is the other beyond -10?
[Thu May 25 23:07:52 2006] : (1) DM: After peering around a while you finally spot a nest high up in a tree by the side of the road.
[Thu May 25 23:08:04 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan examines the other pseudodragon corpse
[Thu May 25 23:08:33 2006] : (1) DM: It's bleeding badly put still alive. (assuming you check before looking for the nest.
[Thu May 25 23:08:40 2006] : (4) Dan: With tears in his eyes, dan picks up the body and takes it to Lia
[Thu May 25 23:08:48 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc we do, I heal
[Thu May 25 23:08:52 2006] : (6) Lia: Eollia casts Cure Minor Wounds ( level 0, "Cures 1 point of damage" )
[Thu May 25 23:09:04 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan pours a potion of CLW into it
[Thu May 25 23:09:05 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I hate this stuff, I'm not using it anymore
[Thu May 25 23:09:10 2006] : (4) Dan: [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu May 25 23:09:20 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc great!
[Thu May 25 23:09:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc lol
[Thu May 25 23:09:44 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 50gp put to good use
[Thu May 25 23:09:46 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia casts Cure minor wounds on the other dragon as well
[Thu May 25 23:09:50 2006] : (1) DM: The concious pseudodragons expresses it's surprise and thanks.
[Thu May 25 23:10:42 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan has a good think
[Thu May 25 23:10:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu May 25 23:10:49 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc how far is the tower?
[Thu May 25 23:10:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan speaks in Sylvan
[Thu May 25 23:10:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Secondary save - do I wake up?
[Thu May 25 23:11:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "We never meant to intrude"
[Thu May 25 23:11:18 2006] : (1) DM: In your heads: "Evil men come to steal our eggs, but we see you are good people."
[Thu May 25 23:11:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "We never meant to hurt you, or your clutch"
[Thu May 25 23:11:32 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, you sleep for another [1d3] -> [1] = (1) hours.
[Thu May 25 23:11:34 2006] : (6) Lia: "We are sorry for the harm caused"
[Thu May 25 23:11:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Thu May 25 23:11:40 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, another fort save
[Thu May 25 23:11:45 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin wakes up.
[Thu May 25 23:11:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "I am afraid that we cannot spare any more healing"
[Thu May 25 23:12:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin gets up and looks around
[Thu May 25 23:12:13 2006] : (6) Lia: "I can"
[Thu May 25 23:12:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Where are they?"
[Thu May 25 23:12:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: *snore*
[Thu May 25 23:12:30 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia casts Cure light wounds on both dragons
[Thu May 25 23:12:45 2006] : (6) Lia: [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu May 25 23:12:47 2006] : (6) Lia: [1d8+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu May 25 23:12:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin pokes Car with the tip of his boot
[Thu May 25 23:12:50 2006] : (1) DM: Pseudodragons don't speak draconic btw.
[Thu May 25 23:13:02 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I worked that out by now
[Thu May 25 23:13:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 25 23:13:12 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc that's why I switched to Sylvan
[Thu May 25 23:13:15 2006] : (1) DM: Both pseudodragons chirp happily and fly up to their nest.
[Thu May 25 23:13:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc hey! I speak Sylvan too :D
[Thu May 25 23:13:37 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan speaks in Sylvan again
[Thu May 25 23:13:42 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin finds the others by the tree
[Thu May 25 23:13:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Did you chase them into a tree?"
[Thu May 25 23:13:57 2006] : (4) Dan: "we may return this way, but you need not fear us. We will not harm you"
[Thu May 25 23:14:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed, we will not"
[Thu May 25 23:14:17 2006] : (1) DM: They chirp an acknowledgemeant.
[Thu May 25 23:14:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "BUt maybe we can help? And find those men who have aharmed you?"
[Thu May 25 23:15:10 2006] : (1) DM: They're not much good at describing people.
[Thu May 25 23:15:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "They attacked us and now you're wanting to help them?"
[Thu May 25 23:15:45 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles
[Thu May 25 23:15:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc hmm, vaguely man shaped with hair
[Thu May 25 23:16:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, do not hesitate to ask for our help if the need arises. We are heading to the tower"
[Thu May 25 23:16:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What direction did those bad men go?"
[Thu May 25 23:17:05 2006] : (1) DM: One of them points with a wing to the east
[Thu May 25 23:17:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You two are crazy" Adrin walks off to kick Car some more
[Thu May 25 23:17:21 2006] : (1) DM: 120 XP each.
[Thu May 25 23:17:33 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc /me takes subdual damage and sleeps even longer.
[Thu May 25 23:17:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc heh
[Thu May 25 23:18:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "Dan, I am sorry, I did not realize"
[Thu May 25 23:18:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "It's OK. it took me a while to remember"
[Thu May 25 23:19:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "To remember what?"
[Thu May 25 23:19:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "I, best of all should know"
[Thu May 25 23:19:19 2006] : (6) Lia: "That these creatures are not harmful"
[Thu May 25 23:19:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "That they were good creatures with no reason to attack us"
[Thu May 25 23:19:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "They were just trying to defend themselves"
[Thu May 25 23:19:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hence they had a good reason"
[Thu May 25 23:19:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Not harmful? They tried to kill us"
[Thu May 25 23:20:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "We invaded their home Ali"
[Thu May 25 23:20:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'm sorry, but if something tries to kill me, I'll kill it, harmful or not"
[Thu May 25 23:20:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'm with Ali on this"
[Thu May 25 23:20:38 2006] : (4) Dan: How would you feel if some creature chose to walk through your bedroom?"
[Thu May 25 23:20:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'd attack it, and expect it to fight back"
[Thu May 25 23:21:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, I suppose you have learned somthing then"
[Thu May 25 23:21:11 2006] : (4) Dan: "Which is what they did"
[Thu May 25 23:21:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Except that we were not even near their bedroom and we never saw any door (or indeed bullding)"
[Thu May 25 23:21:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: "And what we did. I refuse to apologise for defending myself"
[Thu May 25 23:21:57 2006] : (4) Dan: "But if it could be explained to the unknowing stranger in your hoe that it was not acceptable to be inside your home without permission?"
[Thu May 25 23:22:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "Anyway, let us go on?"
[Thu May 25 23:22:21 2006] : (1) DM: After an hour a somewhat bruised Caraegyn wakes up.
[Thu May 25 23:22:23 2006] : (4) Dan: "I agree with you Ali and Adrin"
[Thu May 25 23:22:30 2006] : (6) Lia: "Dan, drop it. Ali and Adrin are right, they did attack us"
[Thu May 25 23:22:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Gah, my ribs. What's happened?"
[Thu May 25 23:22:52 2006] : (6) Lia: "You slept. And I believe Adrin tried to wake you"
[Thu May 25 23:22:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Did you have a nice nap?"
[Thu May 25 23:23:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Relaxing."
[Thu May 25 23:23:39 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END