Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 18 May 2006

[Thu May 18 19:24:24 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 18 19:24:52 2006] : (1) DM: It's night time, most of you are standing in an alleyway puzzling over a strange secret door.
[Thu May 18 19:25:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "So I think I may eventually have the solution"
[Thu May 18 19:25:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or at least part of it"
[Thu May 18 19:25:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think that we need the Knock spell"
[Thu May 18 19:25:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Could it be that simple?"
[Thu May 18 19:25:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What is a Knock spell?"
[Thu May 18 19:25:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "Unfortunately, not only do I not know that spell, but I can never cast it as it is in a school of magic that is barred to me"
[Thu May 18 19:26:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc can people put their AC at the beginning of the status, it scrolls off my screen otherwise.
[Thu May 18 19:26:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "It is a spell that canbe used to unlock locks"
[Thu May 18 19:27:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Nifty, if you're into that kind of thing. but you say you can't cast it? So what do we do then?"
[Thu May 18 19:27:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think perhaps that we need to try our friend at the magic shop again"
[Thu May 18 19:27:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what status?
[Thu May 18 19:27:30 2006] : (6) Lia: "Hmm. Interesting"
[Thu May 18 19:27:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc idle/typing status in the bottom left hand corner.
[Thu May 18 19:29:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc hrr. now is not the time to find out that the generic NPCs in the DMG no longer list their skills for each level.
[Thu May 18 19:30:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Isn't it a bit drastic, to have a door that can only be opened by magic and only at certain nights a month?"
[Thu May 18 19:30:48 2006] : (4) Dan: "We can only hope that the magic shop guy is awake and either has it as a scroll or a prepared spell"
[Thu May 18 19:30:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "Not if you know the spell by default"
[Thu May 18 19:31:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Perhaps the people who created the door have a device that can cast the spell easily."
[Thu May 18 19:31:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Yeah, but it doesn't seem to be like a normal thieves' hangout, wouldn't they prefer to get somewhere safe quickly, not depending on the time of month?"
[Thu May 18 19:32:19 2006] : (1) DM: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Thu May 18 19:32:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "But it also makes it almost impossible to find and open by accident"
[Thu May 18 19:33:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I just wonder how *ordinary* these thieves are"
[Thu May 18 19:34:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "Not very seems to be the answer"
[Thu May 18 19:34:57 2006] : (4) Dan: "I also wondered at the theft of the glass"
[Thu May 18 19:35:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Is it related to these strange magical beads that we keep finding?"
[Thu May 18 19:35:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Only one way to find out"
[Thu May 18 19:35:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What makes you say that?"
[Thu May 18 19:36:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "I was just trying to think who would steal stained glass"
[Thu May 18 19:37:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "That is an idea"
[Thu May 18 19:37:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "I would have to study the beads and the glass remining to see if it's the same kind of material"
[Thu May 18 19:38:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "If you say so, though I'm not sure what you hope to glean from it"
[Thu May 18 19:38:59 2006] : (4) Dan: "They seem to be arcane in nature"
[Thu May 18 19:39:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc brb - phone
[Thu May 18 19:39:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Rather than divine"
[Thu May 18 19:39:38 2006] : (6) Lia: "Galss is a natural material"
[Thu May 18 19:39:42 2006] : (6) Lia: *glass
[Thu May 18 19:39:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets just get the door open first, and then we can get some answers"
[Thu May 18 19:40:00 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am not talking about the magic in them. But about what they are made of"
[Thu May 18 19:40:16 2006] : (6) Lia: "True, let us go and see whether we can open that door, or find another way to get in"
[Thu May 18 19:40:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at Lia oddly
[Thu May 18 19:40:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc back - they wanted to tell me that my internet connection is ready. Duh.
[Thu May 18 19:40:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think you are confusing glass with obsidian"
[Thu May 18 19:40:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu May 18 19:41:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 19:41:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's not argue, it's tiring"
[Thu May 18 19:41:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, let's see if the shop is open"
[Thu May 18 19:42:22 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan begins the walk to the magic store
[Thu May 18 19:42:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I could try to smash it open"
[Thu May 18 19:42:58 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, as you step out of the alleyway and look to your right you see two men circling one another.
[Thu May 18 19:43:15 2006] : (1) DM: One of them is Caraegyn, the other is a man in a cloak and a wide brimed hat.
[Thu May 18 19:43:22 2006] : (1) DM: Everyone roll initiative.
[Thu May 18 19:43:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Umm, I think perhaps that there's a fight here"
[Thu May 18 19:43:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu May 18 19:43:40 2006] : (4) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Thu May 18 19:43:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu May 18 19:43:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu May 18 19:44:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra grabs her bow
[Thu May 18 19:44:49 2006] : (1) DM: Caregyn stabs with a spear before dancing back 15 ft.
[Thu May 18 19:45:00 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu May 18 19:45:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: Draw sword and run towards the fight
[Thu May 18 19:45:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: how far are they?
[Thu May 18 19:45:49 2006] : (1) DM: You're still in the alley and the fight is some 50 ft from the alley exit.
[Thu May 18 19:46:33 2006] : (1) DM: So, you can run up to the badguy (about 60 ft).
[Thu May 18 19:46:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: can I run behind him?
[Thu May 18 19:47:05 2006] : (1) DM: Yes.
[Thu May 18 19:47:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, thats me then I guess
[Thu May 18 19:47:28 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc can we have a map DM?
[Thu May 18 19:47:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: does the guy look big or small?
[Thu May 18 19:48:04 2006] : (1) DM: The cloaked man looks around at the newly arrived and armed people and turns and legs it down the road.
[Thu May 18 19:48:13 2006] : (1) DM: Human sized.
[Thu May 18 19:48:45 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn. He's now 50 ft + 170 ft away and running fast,
[Thu May 18 19:49:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc 170?!
[Thu May 18 19:49:11 2006] : (1) DM: 50 + 120 = 170
[Thu May 18 19:49:19 2006] : (4) Dan: umm, just a sec need to check ranges on spells
[Thu May 18 19:49:27 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Hey, I'm an engineer not a mathematician!
[Thu May 18 19:49:27 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc you said 50+170 :-P
[Thu May 18 19:50:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That was to check if we were paying attention
[Thu May 18 19:50:20 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan just runs to Car
[Thu May 18 19:50:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc while Craig is looking up spells... Henry, will you be at the beer festival next week?
[Thu May 18 19:50:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hey who was that?"
[Thu May 18 19:50:34 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc yes, though probably only one night.
[Thu May 18 19:51:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'll be there Tuesday probably and definately Friday.
[Thu May 18 19:51:07 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc done
[Thu May 18 19:51:32 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu May 18 19:52:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Chasing after him, full speed. (4x30). I'm assuming I don't have to use a full move to get next to him, as I was moving away from the alleyway.
[Thu May 18 19:53:28 2006] : (1) DM: Yes, you'll catch up to him with 15ft to spare.
[Thu May 18 19:53:37 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu May 18 19:54:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra curses as Caraegyn gets between her and her target and starts chasing after them both
[Thu May 18 19:54:27 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 3x20ft?
[Thu May 18 19:54:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Base speed only 20' :(
[Thu May 18 19:55:01 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 18 19:55:23 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia draws her sling and runs following the others
[Thu May 18 19:55:26 2006] : (6) Lia: done.
[Thu May 18 19:55:31 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu May 18 19:56:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: since I can outrun him easily, can I try and grapple him in a diving tackle style move
[Thu May 18 19:57:10 2006] : (1) DM: Yeah, there will be a -4 penalty though.
[Thu May 18 19:57:25 2006] : (1) DM: Make that -2.
[Thu May 18 19:57:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: dex check?
[Thu May 18 19:57:54 2006] : (1) DM: Grapple check: 1d20 bab + str
[Thu May 18 19:57:58 2006] : (1) DM: Grapple check: 1d20 + bab + str
[Thu May 18 19:58:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu May 18 19:59:18 2006] : (1) DM: It's a touch attack first
[Thu May 18 19:59:29 2006] : (1) DM: which results in an AoO
[Thu May 18 19:59:52 2006] : (1) DM: The man slashes with his shortsword as you lunge for him [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu May 18 20:00:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Make a touch attach Adrin.
[Thu May 18 20:00:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: str+bab?
[Thu May 18 20:00:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu May 18 20:01:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu May 18 20:01:31 2006] : (1) DM: He evades your grasp and you sprawl out on the ground.
[Thu May 18 20:01:48 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc isn't it dex for touch-attack? (most likely a miss anyway, but hey)
[Thu May 18 20:02:04 2006] : (1) DM: The man stabs you as you lay on the ground. [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Thu May 18 20:02:23 2006] : (1) DM: take [1d6+2] -> [2,2] = (4) damage
[Thu May 18 20:02:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc dex for ranged touch attack.
[Thu May 18 20:02:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc well, that was a well executed plan :/
[Thu May 18 20:03:02 2006] : (1) DM: Then he turns and runs 30 ft. 10 ft of the which is to a side street and then 20ft along it.
[Thu May 18 20:03:24 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, AoO on the man.
[Thu May 18 20:03:34 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear (skirmish) (base): [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [1,2,1] = (4)
[Thu May 18 20:03:42 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu May 18 20:03:49 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu May 18 20:03:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc is he denied dex through running?
[Thu May 18 20:04:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no.
[Thu May 18 20:04:22 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc he should be
[Thu May 18 20:04:32 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc unless he has the run feat
[Thu May 18 20:04:59 2006] : (1) DM: ooc he was taking a standard 30ft move action, the running description was for flavour.
[Thu May 18 20:05:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu May 18 20:05:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan runs as close as possible to Car
[Thu May 18 20:05:48 2006] : (1) DM: You can catch up with him.
[Thu May 18 20:06:02 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu May 18 20:06:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Run & stab.
[Thu May 18 20:06:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Halfspear (skirmish) (base): [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [2,2,6] = (10)
[Thu May 18 20:07:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc can't hit for toffee.
[Thu May 18 20:07:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc think how I feel. I dived over the top of him and then got stabbed!
[Thu May 18 20:07:40 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu May 18 20:08:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on running after the guy
[Thu May 18 20:08:24 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 18 20:08:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc how far am I now? 60 ft?
[Thu May 18 20:09:20 2006] : (1) DM: You're 150 ft away from the side street the man went down.
[Thu May 18 20:09:57 2006] : (1) DM: no wait...
[Thu May 18 20:10:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc Yes, I ran 120 ft
[Thu May 18 20:10:12 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc didn't I?
[Thu May 18 20:10:39 2006] : (1) DM: You were right, 60 ft from the side street.
[Thu May 18 20:10:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc You said you were running, sling in hand
[Thu May 18 20:10:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Forgot you were level 2 ;)
[Thu May 18 20:11:01 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc he's alone, right?
[Thu May 18 20:11:11 2006] : (1) DM: yes, but out of sight now, round the corner.
[Thu May 18 20:11:48 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc if I send a nature's ally, can the animal follow him?
[Thu May 18 20:11:53 2006] : (1) DM: Well, alone apart from friendly Caraegyn tickling him with a spear.
[Thu May 18 20:11:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 18 20:12:18 2006] : (6) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Thu May 18 20:12:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Dire bat follows the man and if it can attacks
[Thu May 18 20:12:59 2006] : (1) DM: A momentarily confused bat appears and follows the man down the side street.
[Thu May 18 20:13:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it can't move and attack.
[Thu May 18 20:13:12 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc err, you aren't level 3
[Thu May 18 20:13:16 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k, can I move?
[Thu May 18 20:13:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, 30 ft.
[Thu May 18 20:13:27 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you can only cast level 1 spells
[Thu May 18 20:13:36 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia moves 30 ft
[Thu May 18 20:14:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Er, yeah. what's up with that spell Lia?
[Thu May 18 20:14:14 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc oops, I read that wrong again :/
[Thu May 18 20:14:25 2006] : (6) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally I - Small Eagle: Spd 10 ft., Fly 80 ft., AC 15, 5 HP, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12. Low light vision.

[Thu May 18 20:14:35 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu May 18 20:14:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I can only cast spells under my level? Or spells of my level?
[Thu May 18 20:14:58 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me is confused
[Thu May 18 20:15:00 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you're examining the cobbles. They're hard and rough and unpleasant for lying on.
[Thu May 18 20:15:13 2006] : (1) DM: ooc look at the table in the PHB, Delphine.
[Thu May 18 20:15:20 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc (level/2) +1
[Thu May 18 20:15:28 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc yes, but I have a bonus spell for that level
[Thu May 18 20:15:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc rounded down
[Thu May 18 20:15:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc bonus spells only apply if you can cast that level of spell.
[Thu May 18 20:15:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: I get back up and give chase
[Thu May 18 20:16:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc err, that's still wrong...
[Thu May 18 20:17:02 2006] : (1) DM: The man seeing as he's menaced by two armed men drops his weapons and surrenders.
[Thu May 18 20:17:56 2006] : (1) DM: 60 XP each.
[Thu May 18 20:18:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn kicks the man's weapons to one side, out of reach.
[Thu May 18 20:18:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc Do I get more, as I'm only level 1?
[Thu May 18 20:18:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, well I was a bit rubbish there"
[Thu May 18 20:18:46 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc me too
[Thu May 18 20:18:58 2006] : (1) DM: "Don't kill me! I ain't done nuffin'"
[Thu May 18 20:19:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "What happened Car?"
[Thu May 18 20:19:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is still running
[Thu May 18 20:19:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "He was watching the alleyway, and unfortunately he spotted me watching him. Didn't care to chat; just attacked me."
[Thu May 18 20:20:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Who are you?"
[Thu May 18 20:20:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "I wonder if he has a way to knock?"
[Thu May 18 20:20:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you get the same amount for 1st to 3rd level it seems according to table 2-6.
[Thu May 18 20:20:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "Possibly wanted to get in, but found us already there"
[Thu May 18 20:20:56 2006] : (1) DM: "I ain't nobody! Run errands, messages and stuff."
[Thu May 18 20:21:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What do you know about the alleyway you were watching?"
[Thu May 18 20:21:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "And how do you run errands into that alleyway pray tell?"
[Thu May 18 20:22:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "yes, errands in a dead end, interesting"
[Thu May 18 20:22:58 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: He looks around licking his lips nervously at everyone surrounding him....
[Thu May 18 20:23:14 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: he reaches for a pouch at his belt.
[Thu May 18 20:23:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra aims her bow at him
[Thu May 18 20:23:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hold it!"
[Thu May 18 20:23:52 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: The man stops.
[Thu May 18 20:23:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Please try it"
[Thu May 18 20:24:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Whats in the pouch"
[Thu May 18 20:24:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "Move slowly"
[Thu May 18 20:25:15 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "Green egg thing, opens doorway that's all. I run messages, get paid that's all I do I swear."
[Thu May 18 20:25:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin reaches for the pouch
[Thu May 18 20:26:00 2006] : (4) Dan: "Pass it here"
[Thu May 18 20:26:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a bit closer, never lowering her bow
[Thu May 18 20:26:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Here you go" Adrin tosses the pouch to Dan
[Thu May 18 20:26:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, amazing that it's green"
[Thu May 18 20:26:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "Also the colour of the missing glass"
[Thu May 18 20:27:22 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan opensa the puch and removes the contents
[Thu May 18 20:27:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Does that doorway always open or only on some very specific days?"
[Thu May 18 20:28:01 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia takes a look
[Thu May 18 20:28:31 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Inside is a green translucent stone shaped like an egg, It's similar in appearance to the two other stones you've recovered (except the colour of course)
[Thu May 18 20:28:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, well I never"
[Thu May 18 20:28:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "Take a look Lia"
[Thu May 18 20:29:07 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: The man pleads "That's all I've got of value, let him go, please..?"
[Thu May 18 20:29:17 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: ooc ... let me go...
[Thu May 18 20:29:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "We're not stealing it from you"
[Thu May 18 20:29:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Answer my question: does that doorway always open or only on some very specific days?"
[Thu May 18 20:29:33 2006] : (6) Lia: Eollia casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft" )
[Thu May 18 20:29:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "this will be going to the watch"
[Thu May 18 20:29:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hold on. I'll give you a receipt, and I will keep a copy"
[Thu May 18 20:29:56 2006] : (6) Lia: "Magic, of course"
[Thu May 18 20:30:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan notes down the man's description precisely on a piece of paper and a precise description of the stone
[Thu May 18 20:30:33 2006] : (6) Lia: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
[Thu May 18 20:31:09 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Magic items: colour-coded for your convinience. It's transmutation magic.
[Thu May 18 20:31:12 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan then copies the bit about the stone and puts a piece of paper in the man's hand
[Thu May 18 20:31:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "Would someone care to countersign this?"
[Thu May 18 20:31:27 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: The man seems puzzled by the idea of a receipt.
[Thu May 18 20:31:39 2006] : (6) Lia: "Hmmm, transmutaion, could be exactly what ywe are looking for"
[Thu May 18 20:31:53 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: He tucks it away into a pocket of his cloak anyway.
[Thu May 18 20:32:01 2006] : (4) Dan: "yes but we still need a caster"
[Thu May 18 20:32:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "So you were going to enter that door and deliver a message?"
[Thu May 18 20:32:09 2006] : (6) Lia: "What message?
[Thu May 18 20:32:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Answer my question: does that doorway always open or only on some very specific days?"
[Thu May 18 20:32:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hold on, I need you to sign both my and your copy"
[Thu May 18 20:32:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Don't worry, he isn't going anywhere yet"
[Thu May 18 20:33:13 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "Uh... Collect a message. Not delivering one. No..."
[Thu May 18 20:33:15 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan holds out his copy
[Thu May 18 20:33:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "I see"
[Thu May 18 20:33:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, let me see"
[Thu May 18 20:33:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ali?"
[Thu May 18 20:33:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "I believe he refused to sign"
[Thu May 18 20:33:49 2006] : (6) Lia: "Not delivering you say?"
[Thu May 18 20:33:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "Are you very sure?"
[Thu May 18 20:34:13 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "Uh... Yes. No messages with me. /Collecting/ one."
[Thu May 18 20:34:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Dan, forget the receipt, can we just go find out whats going on?
[Thu May 18 20:34:44 2006] : (6) Lia: d"Don"t move"
[Thu May 18 20:34:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, i think we have enough for the watch to go on with this creep"
[Thu May 18 20:34:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra exchanges her bow for her sword, which she points at the guy's throat
[Thu May 18 20:35:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are you very sure?"
[Thu May 18 20:35:15 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia approaches Adrin
[Thu May 18 20:35:24 2006] : (6) Lia: "Adrin would you try and search this man please?"
[Thu May 18 20:35:29 2006] : (6) Lia: I"I believe he is lying"
[Thu May 18 20:36:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "umm, ok" Adrin sheathes his sword and checks the guys pockets
[Thu May 18 20:36:01 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Beads of sweat appear on his brow. "No...."
[Thu May 18 20:36:10 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Search check Adrin
[Thu May 18 20:36:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu May 18 20:37:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmm, whats this"
[Thu May 18 20:37:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin hands Dan a 'folded piece of parchment'
[Thu May 18 20:39:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra prods gently with the sword
[Thu May 18 20:39:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's this my frrend found?"
[Thu May 18 20:40:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan reads the note
[Thu May 18 20:40:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm"
[Thu May 18 20:40:39 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Looking really quite miserable. "I just deliver the message, nothing else I swear."
[Thu May 18 20:40:42 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc hope it's not the one he just pocketed from me
[Thu May 18 20:40:55 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 20:41:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And are you going to answer my question about the door or do I have to get angry first?"
[Thu May 18 20:41:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra is almost shouting now
[Thu May 18 20:42:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, goblinoid is it? Hold on, i need to translate"
[Thu May 18 20:42:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Believe me, you don't want to see her angry. It's always a bit difficult to clean up afterwards." Caraegyn speaks calmly, almost off-hand.
[Thu May 18 20:42:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Goblins, eh?"
[Thu May 18 20:44:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc brb - loo
[Thu May 18 20:44:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "Why, it looks like a shopping list for more of these beads"
[Thu May 18 20:44:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "Lots of varieties and a total cost of 4000gp"
[Thu May 18 20:44:59 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Someone has a nice business going"
[Thu May 18 20:45:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "Now who would give you such a note?"
[Thu May 18 20:46:11 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "Goblins give me note, I take to wizard, return with goods. That's all I do. I'm not involved in all the other business. I don't know anything else about what's going on."
[Thu May 18 20:46:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "The goblins and other bandits that we have found these on are enemies of this town"
[Thu May 18 20:46:30 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "You have everything I'm carrying. Let me go, please/"
[Thu May 18 20:46:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "Are you an enemy of the town?"
[Thu May 18 20:46:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra prods a bit harder
[Thu May 18 20:46:53 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "No, no, no. Never! I swear."
[Thu May 18 20:46:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think that you need to be escorted to the guard house"
[Thu May 18 20:47:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What about my question?"
[Thu May 18 20:47:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Sounds good to me"
[Thu May 18 20:47:19 2006] : (6) Lia: "Where are those goblins you get the messages from?"
[Thu May 18 20:47:27 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: ooc repeat the question.
[Thu May 18 20:47:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Does that doorway always open or only on some very specific days?"
[Thu May 18 20:47:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That's the fourth time I've been asking this
[Thu May 18 20:49:11 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: "When the moon is not full or something, at night when it's dark."
[Thu May 18 20:49:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Thank you. Now that wasn't hard, was it?"
[Thu May 18 20:50:43 2006] : (1) Scruffy man: Apair of watchmen march up.
[Thu May 18 20:50:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "Where are those goblins you get the messages from?"
[Thu May 18 20:51:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ""
[Thu May 18 20:51:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh look. That's good timing"
[Thu May 18 20:51:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Ah, gentlemen. You come at a very opportune moment
[Thu May 18 20:51:20 2006] : (1) Watchman : What's all the commotion here then?"
[Thu May 18 20:52:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "This is a beautifulo city, just a shame about the riffraff"
[Thu May 18 20:52:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We have someone for you to arrest"
[Thu May 18 20:52:42 2006] : (1) Watchman : "Caught a thief have you? Looks scruffy enough."
[Thu May 18 20:53:26 2006] : (1) Watchman : "Pick pocket or was he breaking and entering?"
[Thu May 18 20:53:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: "He's involved with the group who robbed the church a few weeks ago"
[Thu May 18 20:53:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "Not a thief, a spy and collaborator with the town's goblin enemies"
[Thu May 18 20:54:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: "aye, and that"
[Thu May 18 20:54:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "He attacked one of us without any provocation. Too bad for him the others were near by"
[Thu May 18 20:54:30 2006] : (1) Watchman : "A spy? For the goblins? You got some proof of that claim?"
[Thu May 18 20:54:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Show him the note, Dan"
[Thu May 18 20:54:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, do you by any chance read goblin?"
[Thu May 18 20:54:59 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan shows the guard the note
[Thu May 18 20:55:18 2006] : (1) Watchman : "Uh... no. I'll need to take that for evidence, like."
[Thu May 18 20:55:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Not without a proper receipt"
[Thu May 18 20:55:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "certainly, I'll just need to see your badge"
[Thu May 18 20:56:04 2006] : (1) Watchman : "A what now?"
[Thu May 18 20:56:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc do we recognise the guard from earlier?
[Thu May 18 20:56:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "Just your badge of office, or baronial coin, or whatever marks your position of guardsman"
[Thu May 18 20:58:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "How about we accompany them to the guard house"
[Thu May 18 20:58:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "That sounds capital"
[Thu May 18 20:58:27 2006] : (1) Watchman : The watchman points to brass tower badge on his chest.
[Thu May 18 20:58:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "It's OK, we need to speak to the captain anyway"
[Thu May 18 20:58:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would be sensible. I take it you have no objections?"
[Thu May 18 20:59:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Do we?"
[Thu May 18 20:59:17 2006] : (1) Watchman : ooc btw. 50 XP each for recovering the note.
[Thu May 18 20:59:23 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, regarding the fact that there are goblin allies within the town"
[Thu May 18 21:00:02 2006] : (1) Watchman : "We will pass on your concerns to the captain, now if we could have the note will be taking this prisoner away now."
[Thu May 18 21:00:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "That we think that the glass is being used to make these beads of magic and that we may be about to break the whole case"
[Thu May 18 21:00:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu May 18 21:01:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu May 18 21:01:31 2006] : (1) Watchman : "Oh aye? We'll let the captain now."
[Thu May 18 21:01:45 2006] : (1) Watchman : "This is watch business you understand, now?"
[Thu May 18 21:02:18 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan just wants to be sure that these seem to be real guards
[Thu May 18 21:02:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Don't worry, we're just walking with you, it's still your arrest"
[Thu May 18 21:02:30 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Very well. We shall take a coincidental stroll to the guardhouse, eh friends?"
[Thu May 18 21:03:23 2006] : (4) Dan: After giving them a thorough once-over Dan seems to relax somewhat
[Thu May 18 21:03:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe that's not so necessary"
[Thu May 18 21:03:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The night air and exercise will do us good"
[Thu May 18 21:03:45 2006] : (1) Watchman : Okay, the watchmen tie the man's hands and drag him away.
[Thu May 18 21:04:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "These chaps seem to have everything in hand"
[Thu May 18 21:04:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu May 18 21:05:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Good. Can we go open that door now?"
[Thu May 18 21:05:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "We can try, although I'm not so sure that I can use the bead"
[Thu May 18 21:05:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll give it a try though"
[Thu May 18 21:05:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are you sure, Dan? You seemed a bit unsure about them earlier"
[Thu May 18 21:05:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, they seem to have all the right credentials"
[Thu May 18 21:06:03 2006] : (4) Dan: "But if you want to follow them, that's fine"
[Thu May 18 21:06:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And miss all the fun? Are you kidding?"
[Thu May 18 21:06:28 2006] : (1) Watchman : You arrive back at the alleyway.
[Thu May 18 21:06:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "I meant as a group Ali"
[Thu May 18 21:06:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc Knock is a lvl 2 spell, can I use it with use magic device?
[Thu May 18 21:06:49 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you can try
[Thu May 18 21:07:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you're a druid Lia, Use Magic Device is a rogue only skill.
[Thu May 18 21:07:52 2006] : (4) Dan: Back at the door, dan holds up the bead and tries to activate it
[Thu May 18 21:08:08 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I thought it was open for everyone in 3e?
[Thu May 18 21:08:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc or it was in 3e but isn't now apparently. DM is puzzled.
[Thu May 18 21:08:21 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I thought it was
[Thu May 18 21:08:39 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc there are no more reserved skills in 3e
[Thu May 18 21:09:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Don't you mean 3.5?
[Thu May 18 21:09:34 2006] : (1) DM: There is a shimmer of green light around the doorway, a click and creaking noise and the door opens outwards.
[Thu May 18 21:09:35 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
[Thu May 18 21:09:41 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc wohoooo, it's the first time I know a rule better than any of you :D And yes. 3.5
[Thu May 18 21:10:32 2006] : (1) DM: Peering in you see a short passageway that turns to the right and decends down some stairs.
[Thu May 18 21:10:40 2006] : (6) Lia: "Here we go"
[Thu May 18 21:10:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "hold on a second"
[Thu May 18 21:10:51 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour.
[Thu May 18 21:10:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "Let us go. Do we have any idea if this opens on the way back?"
[Thu May 18 21:11:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 500 XP each for opening the door. (only 200 for Caraegyn).
[Thu May 18 21:11:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes in first, sword in hand
[Thu May 18 21:11:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "Dan, DO you recon this has more than one spell?"
[Thu May 18 21:11:18 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Ka-ching!
[Thu May 18 21:11:18 2006] : (6) Lia: *reckon
[Thu May 18 21:11:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc woe!
[Thu May 18 21:11:34 2006] : (4) Dan: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu May 18 21:12:01 2006] : (6) Lia: "Because if we get trapped inside..."
[Thu May 18 21:12:07 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, using that makes me feel a little more knowledgeable"
[Thu May 18 21:12:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Why only 200 for Caraegyn? Because he wasn't here last time?
[Thu May 18 21:12:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 18 21:12:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: "It just means we have to fight our way out the other side, Lia"
[Thu May 18 21:12:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, I'll be in the middle of the group please"
[Thu May 18 21:12:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I was going to protest, but then I remembered that bit.
[Thu May 18 21:13:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "Hello? Do we want to get trapped inside?"
[Thu May 18 21:13:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc You know me: I like to check I'm right ;)
[Thu May 18 21:13:16 2006] : (6) Lia: "Can we block the door? Make sure it opens again?"
[Thu May 18 21:13:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Something?"
[Thu May 18 21:13:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: "There has to be a way out somewhere"
[Thu May 18 21:13:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If it doesn't. we''ll breakit open"
[Thu May 18 21:13:35 2006] : (1) DM: Seach check, Lia if you're investigating the door.
[Thu May 18 21:13:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know Lia, I don't have an identify spell prepared"
[Thu May 18 21:14:10 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at the bead to see if it has faded like the other expended one
[Thu May 18 21:14:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We could probably wedge the door open, if need be."
[Thu May 18 21:14:22 2006] : (6) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu May 18 21:14:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "What are you looking for Lia?
[Thu May 18 21:14:49 2006] : (4) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu May 18 21:14:50 2006] : (1) DM: On the inside of the door is a small metal handle in the centre.
[Thu May 18 21:14:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'm trying to understand this door"
[Thu May 18 21:15:07 2006] : (6) Lia: "There is a handle, it seems it opens from inside"
[Thu May 18 21:15:24 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, that's good"
[Thu May 18 21:15:27 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at the bead to see if it has faded like the other expended one
[Thu May 18 21:15:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Can we go now already?"
[Thu May 18 21:15:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Of course. I'm ready to move."
[Thu May 18 21:16:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra moves on, slowly
[Thu May 18 21:16:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll wait with my detect magic on the bead until we leave. There may be other items to look at"
[Thu May 18 21:16:48 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan stays 3rd in line
[Thu May 18 21:16:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin draws his sword and moves into the corridor
[Thu May 18 21:17:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What do I see in front of me?
[Thu May 18 21:18:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh, actually, I used it earlier today. Silly me"
[Thu May 18 21:19:02 2006] : (1) DM: The stairs decend down some 10 ft along a narrow 5ft passageway.
[Thu May 18 21:19:45 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, are you just moving down the stairs to the bottom? With everyone else follwing?
[Thu May 18 21:19:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: I'm right behind.
[Thu May 18 21:20:31 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia takes her sickle in hand
[Thu May 18 21:20:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I'm walking along, but slowly, looking around me for anything suspicious
[Thu May 18 21:20:38 2006] : (6) Lia: and follows
[Thu May 18 21:20:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra stosp to look and listen as she reaches the bottom of the stairs
[Thu May 18 21:21:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu May 18 21:21:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
[Thu May 18 21:21:10 2006] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu May 18 21:21:14 2006] : (4) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu May 18 21:21:56 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, at the base of the stairs you see it turns to the left and ends in a wooden door.
[Thu May 18 21:22:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra almost stumbles and looks down at her feet
[Thu May 18 21:22:42 2006] : (1) DM: A short ringing of a small bell can be heard through the door.
[Thu May 18 21:22:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What was that?"
[Thu May 18 21:23:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do we wait or do we go in now?"
[Thu May 18 21:23:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "The doorbell"
[Thu May 18 21:23:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Run on, we are not surprising them now"
[Thu May 18 21:23:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Charge in. Use surprise"
[Thu May 18 21:23:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "If we wait we allow them to prepare"
[Thu May 18 21:23:37 2006] : (1) DM: You hear someone casting a spell behind the door.
[Thu May 18 21:23:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Our host like to be warned of company"
[Thu May 18 21:23:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra rushes to the door and tries to open it
[Thu May 18 21:24:11 2006] : (1) DM: Inititiative first.
[Thu May 18 21:24:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu May 18 21:24:20 2006] : (6) Lia: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
[Thu May 18 21:24:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu May 18 21:24:24 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu May 18 21:24:35 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu May 18 21:24:50 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu May 18 21:24:51 2006] : (4) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu May 18 21:24:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I ma blessed with rolls tonight"
[Thu May 18 21:25:07 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Thu May 18 21:25:44 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu May 18 21:25:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "He's casting protection from arrows"
[Thu May 18 21:26:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra rushes to the door and tries to open it
[Thu May 18 21:26:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And what does that do?"
[Thu May 18 21:26:11 2006] : (4) Dan: "So melee weapon's are needed"
[Thu May 18 21:26:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "It stops arrows and other projectiles damaging him"
[Thu May 18 21:26:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra smiles as she looks at her sword
[Thu May 18 21:26:47 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I think. So melee weapon his ass
[Thu May 18 21:27:05 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin starts to feel adrenaline pumping
[Thu May 18 21:27:35 2006] : (1) DM: The door swings open into the room beyond.
[Thu May 18 21:27:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What do I see?
[Thu May 18 21:28:15 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan stands against the wall to allow anyone who needs to to pass him
[Thu May 18 21:28:20 2006] : (1) DM: Inside is a vaulted stone chamber some 40ft by 50 ft supported by 4 thick pillars in the centre.
[Thu May 18 21:29:03 2006] : (1) DM: The inside of the room is filled with shelfs, tables, benches littered with books and papers and scrolls and apparatus.
[Thu May 18 21:29:24 2006] : (1) DM: One corner is curtained off by a faded blue curtain
[Thu May 18 21:29:32 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc who was second?
[Thu May 18 21:29:40 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc in line
[Thu May 18 21:29:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc car
[Thu May 18 21:30:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc If I see anyone I'll try to get there (and attack if possible)
[Thu May 18 21:30:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc me
[Thu May 18 21:30:19 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Ali, Car, me, Lia, Adrin?
[Thu May 18 21:30:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yep.. I was covering the rear
[Thu May 18 21:30:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc although I didn't actually say so :)
[Thu May 18 21:31:24 2006] : (1) DM: In the far corner just hiding behind the pillars is a woman in robes surrounded by a pale blue ovoid.
[Thu May 18 21:31:52 2006] : (1) DM: You may move 20 ft into the room if you wish Aliatra
[Thu May 18 21:31:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Running towards her, brandishing my sword
[Thu May 18 21:33:12 2006] : (1) DM: The wizard casts another spell and a rectangle of slivery blue light hovers in front of her, sheilding her from head to toe.
[Thu May 18 21:33:30 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu May 18 21:33:38 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Thu May 18 21:33:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah, buggeration"
[Thu May 18 21:34:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Moving as close as I can get, and attacking if it's possible (60ft double move, otherwise running)
[Thu May 18 21:34:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "She now has a shield spell active"
[Thu May 18 21:34:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "No magic missile for me then"
[Thu May 18 21:34:16 2006] : (1) DM: double move, it isn't a stright line.
[Thu May 18 21:34:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: OK, no attack then. Woe!
[Thu May 18 21:34:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc move your mini, please.
[Thu May 18 21:34:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc we've got 2 Cars
[Thu May 18 21:35:19 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 18 21:36:21 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia moves into the room
[Thu May 18 21:36:49 2006] : (1) DM: Probably best not to stand on the bench ;)
[Thu May 18 21:37:03 2006] : (6) Lia: done
[Thu May 18 21:37:06 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Thu May 18 21:37:17 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan moves into the room a little
[Thu May 18 21:37:54 2006] : (4) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Medium magical beast): 13hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 16; SR = 1; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attacks (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ==> Damage: [Bad dice format] - [1d6+] (treat as magical and add +2 damage to evil creatures)

[Thu May 18 21:38:12 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc next to her
[Thu May 18 21:38:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'm not sure bad dice format is a valid amount of damage.
[Thu May 18 21:38:37 2006] : (4) Dan: umm
[Thu May 18 21:39:04 2006] : (4) Dan: [1d6+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu May 18 21:39:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc need to check that
[Thu May 18 21:39:23 2006] : (1) DM: The dog nips at here heels.
[Thu May 18 21:39:26 2006] : (4) Dan: Done
[Thu May 18 21:39:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc It wouldn seem so ;)
[Thu May 18 21:39:39 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu May 18 21:39:49 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc it's +3
[Thu May 18 21:40:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: Run in and... ummm stand behind the dog
[Thu May 18 21:40:22 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc so 5 damage, 7 if she's evil
[Thu May 18 21:40:57 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc err, sorry
[Thu May 18 21:41:12 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu May 18 21:41:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Attacking her
[Thu May 18 21:41:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [3,3,6] = (12)
[Thu May 18 21:41:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] -> [3,5,6,1,12] = (27)
[Thu May 18 21:41:46 2006] : (1) DM: Can't, no space.
[Thu May 18 21:42:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Using my dagger then
[Thu May 18 21:42:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Dagger (base): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu May 18 21:42:41 2006] : (1) DM: You can't reach her, all the squares around are blocked.
[Thu May 18 21:42:51 2006] : (1) DM: Plus where is your mini?
[Thu May 18 21:43:02 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc in the garage??
[Thu May 18 21:43:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu May 18 21:43:50 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The pillar is in my way, right?
[Thu May 18 21:43:54 2006] : (1) DM: Yes.
[Thu May 18 21:44:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Give my some space to miove, guys, I can't hit her"
[Thu May 18 21:45:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc need to judo throw her into a clear spot
[Thu May 18 21:45:18 2006] : (1) Greta: The wizard concentrates [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
[Thu May 18 21:45:27 2006] : (1) Greta: And vanishes.
[Thu May 18 21:45:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "Don't worry, she may be invisible, but she can't get past you"
[Thu May 18 21:45:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "O, wonderful"
[Thu May 18 21:46:06 2006] : (1) Greta: There's a creaking of wood and some glass wear is knocked of the bench.
[Thu May 18 21:46:43 2006] : (1) Greta: Caraegyn, your turn. You may attempt a listen check to guess which direction she went.
[Thu May 18 21:46:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu May 18 21:46:55 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc does adrin get to swipe the shelf if he sees glassware falling AoO style?
[Thu May 18 21:47:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I was just typing that :P
[Thu May 18 21:47:49 2006] : (1) Greta: It fell off from the corner square which you can't reach.
[Thu May 18 21:48:34 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, moving or anything?
[Thu May 18 21:49:22 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Erm... I'm going to move in a straight line, and if I collide with her, attempt to grapple.
[Thu May 18 21:49:52 2006] : (1) DM: You don't encounter anyone.
[Thu May 18 21:49:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc battleships anyone? "B4"
[Thu May 18 21:49:56 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 18 21:49:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 21:50:18 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia looks around on the table to see if she can find anything like flour, dust, whatever she can throw on the wizard so she'll become visible
[Thu May 18 21:50:42 2006] : (6) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu May 18 21:51:04 2006] : (1) DM: The table you're at has mostly books, scrolls and burried under a pile of paper is an ink well.
[Thu May 18 21:51:36 2006] : (1) DM: Searching and grabbing the inkwell takes you the whole round.
[Thu May 18 21:51:36 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia grabs the ink well and owatches carefully for movement
[Thu May 18 21:51:48 2006] : (6) Lia: k, can't move even 5ft?
[Thu May 18 21:51:49 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Thu May 18 21:52:14 2006] : (4) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Thu May 18 21:52:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan tries to listen for her
[Thu May 18 21:52:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dog tries to sniff her out her scent too
[Thu May 18 21:53:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc how's that work?
[Thu May 18 21:53:12 2006] : (1) DM: With Lia scrabbling about on the table you can't hear her.
[Thu May 18 21:53:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc The dog would need blind fight feat for it to be useful in combat.
[Thu May 18 21:54:23 2006] : (1) DM: The dog does look towards the corner of the room and bark.
[Thu May 18 21:54:33 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet.
[Thu May 18 21:55:00 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc where abouts?
[Thu May 18 21:55:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Yeah but it doesn't negate the 50% miss change etc.
[Thu May 18 21:55:11 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Ok
[Thu May 18 21:55:21 2006] : (4) Dan: it tries to bite where it senses
[Thu May 18 21:55:23 2006] : (1) DM: bottom right corner.
[Thu May 18 21:55:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Celestial Dog: Bite [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9) (treat as magical)
[Thu May 18 21:55:46 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Thu May 18 21:55:59 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes out a scroll and reads
[Thu May 18 21:56:05 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Grease (level 1): Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery (Reflex save DC 17).
[Thu May 18 21:56:27 2006] : (4) Dan: in the very corner of the room
[Thu May 18 21:56:34 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc done
[Thu May 18 21:56:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The corner of the room being the bench, DM?
[Thu May 18 21:56:57 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu May 18 21:57:17 2006] : (1) DM: There's a crash of apparatus and glass wear in the corner of the room.
[Thu May 18 21:57:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "Grapple her while she's down"
[Thu May 18 21:57:27 2006] : (1) DM: save for the dog too.
[Thu May 18 21:57:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "She's in the very corner still"
[Thu May 18 21:57:48 2006] : (4) Dan: "Careful of the grease"
[Thu May 18 21:58:01 2006] : (4) Dan: Celestial Dog: Reflex Save [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu May 18 21:58:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc glassware? glasswear? Option 1 methinks.
[Thu May 18 21:58:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Thu May 18 21:58:32 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yeah
[Thu May 18 21:58:34 2006] : (1) DM: The dog slips over and yelps.
[Thu May 18 21:58:44 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu May 18 21:58:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes a quick step and dives into the corner (dropping his sword in the process)
[Thu May 18 21:59:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I wasn't going to comment of that spelling mistake, but since you ask ...
[Thu May 18 21:59:13 2006] : (1) DM: Need to make a touch attack.
[Thu May 18 21:59:14 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc brb
[Thu May 18 21:59:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: on
[Thu May 18 21:59:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Thu May 18 21:59:36 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [45] = (45)
[Thu May 18 21:59:44 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc woot, grease is a great spell!
[Thu May 18 22:00:14 2006] : (1) DM: You hands grope where you think she is but your hands encounter nothing.
[Thu May 18 22:00:27 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu May 18 22:00:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The corner of the room being the bench, DM?
[Thu May 18 22:01:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc grope was possibly a poor choice of word ;)
[Thu May 18 22:01:11 2006] : (1) DM: There are benches in that corner, yes.
[Thu May 18 22:01:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc back
[Thu May 18 22:01:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I thought you meant workbenches, what with the glassware and all
[Thu May 18 22:02:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc er, that is what I mean...
[Thu May 18 22:02:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Can I swipe over Adrin's head or is he in the way again?
[Thu May 18 22:03:26 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you attacking?
[Thu May 18 22:03:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc she fell over
[Thu May 18 22:03:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I want to swipe the bench with my flail
[Thu May 18 22:04:24 2006] : (1) DM: As you step forwards you foot stubs something on the ground.
[Thu May 18 22:04:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Diving down and grabbing whatever I can feel
[Thu May 18 22:05:24 2006] : (1) DM: PAUSE
[Thu May 18 22:14:53 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, make a touch attack to start the grapple.
[Thu May 18 22:14:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Touch attack (base): [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Thu May 18 22:14:56 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I put that in my disrupt undead, it works, but I don't know if it stops the crit roll
[Thu May 18 22:15:13 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [37] = (37)
[Thu May 18 22:15:34 2006] : (1) DM: Your hands don't find anything to grab hold of.
[Thu May 18 22:16:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc How is that possible? I know exactly where she is, I could feel her
[Thu May 18 22:16:27 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 50% miss chance, she is moving around you know.
[Thu May 18 22:16:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: Touch Attack (base): [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 18 22:16:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Yeah, but I was moving straight down
[Thu May 18 22:17:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc whoops
[Thu May 18 22:17:01 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu May 18 22:17:20 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu May 18 22:17:51 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc isn't she lying down?
[Thu May 18 22:18:19 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc going to try to grab the woman.
[Thu May 18 22:18:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Touch attack (base): [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Thu May 18 22:18:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc from over there? got long arms?
[Thu May 18 22:19:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc moving first :-P
[Thu May 18 22:19:32 2006] : (1) DM: Moving there?
[Thu May 18 22:20:17 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [60] = (60)
[Thu May 18 22:20:33 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you grapping? I need to know.
[Thu May 18 22:20:40 2006] : (1) DM: grabbing
[Thu May 18 22:21:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: looking for scuffmarks in the grease, broken glassware etc.
[Thu May 18 22:21:52 2006] : (1) DM: There's broken glass scattered all over the place.
[Thu May 18 22:21:54 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (just a quick look, and attempting to grab her after)
[Thu May 18 22:22:08 2006] : (1) DM: There are marks in the grease in front of Aliatra
[Thu May 18 22:22:18 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Then that's where I'm grabbing.
[Thu May 18 22:22:39 2006] : (1) DM: Your hands touch the robes of the woman, grapple check.
[Thu May 18 22:22:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Grapple (base): [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
[Thu May 18 22:22:49 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I thought David had one long arm
[Thu May 18 22:22:52 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu May 18 22:23:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc ROFLMAO
[Thu May 18 22:23:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what the...?
[Thu May 18 22:23:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc sorry
[Thu May 18 22:23:36 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, you woman wriggles free of your grasp.
[Thu May 18 22:23:46 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, the woman wriggles free of your grasp.
[Thu May 18 22:23:57 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu May 18 22:23:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I had her, briefly"
[Thu May 18 22:24:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc that ink well, is not a bottle, right, ie. it's not closed?
[Thu May 18 22:24:31 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc oo-err
[Thu May 18 22:25:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's a typically inkwell, small, square with a lid on a hinge. Made of glass.
[Thu May 18 22:25:57 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia opens the ink well and tries to pour it over Ali's head (she's small right?)
[Thu May 18 22:26:02 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc not over her head
[Thu May 18 22:26:06 2006] : (6) Lia: reaching over her head
[Thu May 18 22:26:11 2006] : (6) Lia: to pour it on the woman
[Thu May 18 22:26:15 2006] : (1) DM: You can reach round yes.
[Thu May 18 22:26:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I was thinking you were just being a bit nasty
[Thu May 18 22:26:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Aliatra is human, so not too small
[Thu May 18 22:26:31 2006] : (6) Lia: Pouring then. Done.
[Thu May 18 22:26:44 2006] : (1) DM: Ink splatters over the area revealing the woman on the ground.
[Thu May 18 22:26:49 2006] : (6) Lia: "I hpope this helps"
[Thu May 18 22:26:54 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn. The dog vanishes.
[Thu May 18 22:27:29 2006] : (1) DM: Unsummoned I should say.
[Thu May 18 22:27:38 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan moves to block her exit onto the bench
[Thu May 18 22:28:00 2006] : (1) DM: Standing on the workbench then?
[Thu May 18 22:28:07 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan moves to block her exit, onto the bench
[Thu May 18 22:28:11 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yeah
[Thu May 18 22:28:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc how long does Grease last? (and no wise cracks about the film)
[Thu May 18 22:28:26 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu May 18 22:28:35 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc lol 2 rounds now
[Thu May 18 22:29:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What film was that?
[Thu May 18 22:29:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin uses the greasyness to kick himself off the bench and (hopefully) land on top of the woman
[Thu May 18 22:29:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc Grease!
[Thu May 18 22:29:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Aliatra whistles innocently
[Thu May 18 22:29:32 2006] : (1) DM: Reflex save.
[Thu May 18 22:29:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu May 18 22:29:52 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, attempting another grapple?
[Thu May 18 22:29:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 18 22:30:05 2006] : (1) DM: Touch attack first
[Thu May 18 22:30:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: Touch Attack (base): [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 18 22:30:13 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
[Thu May 18 22:30:20 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc as in 2 rounds now I'm level 2, not 2 rounds from now
[Thu May 18 22:30:29 2006] : (1) DM: Not lucky enough!
[Thu May 18 22:30:39 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you've pinned the woman to the ground.
[Thu May 18 22:30:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I've got her!"
[Thu May 18 22:31:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "Thank the heavens"
[Thu May 18 22:31:37 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu May 18 22:31:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc We can now see her right, with the ink and all?
[Thu May 18 22:31:55 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what does the blue stand for? special walls?
[Thu May 18 22:31:57 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc "Now stab her!"
[Thu May 18 22:32:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc curtains
[Thu May 18 22:32:20 2006] : (1) DM: She's mostly visble and Adrin has hold of her anyway.
[Thu May 18 22:32:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra stands over the woman, sword at her throat
[Thu May 18 22:32:55 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Hmm... <evil> "Now stab her!" </evil>
[Thu May 18 22:33:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lie still if you want to live"
[Thu May 18 22:33:27 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan begins to search the place
[Thu May 18 22:33:35 2006] : (6) Lia: "Do we want her to live?"
[Thu May 18 22:33:41 2006] : (4) Dan: Taking 20 - search = 27
[Thu May 18 22:33:43 2006] : (6) Lia: "I suppose"
[Thu May 18 22:33:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We want to question her, don't we?"
[Thu May 18 22:33:56 2006] : (6) Lia: "You should tie her up"
[Thu May 18 22:34:12 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Of course. And perhaps a gag, at least until we wish to question her."
[Thu May 18 22:34:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I've got some rope in my backpack, could you do the honours?"
[Thu May 18 22:34:14 2006] : (1) Greta: "Just let me up you barbarians! Look what you've done to my laboratory!"
[Thu May 18 22:34:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "Barbarians?"
[Thu May 18 22:34:28 2006] : (6) Lia: "What *we* have done?"
[Thu May 18 22:34:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Shut up"
[Thu May 18 22:34:55 2006] : (4) Dan: "Which of us is working with the goblin hordes?"
[Thu May 18 22:34:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Only speak when you're spoken to"
[Thu May 18 22:35:09 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan continues to search the place
[Thu May 18 22:35:14 2006] : (4) Dan: Taking 20 - search = 27
[Thu May 18 22:35:18 2006] : (1) Greta: Greta just lies there.
[Thu May 18 22:35:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin stays silent and concentrates on keeping hold of her
[Thu May 18 22:35:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's tie her before we question her, I don't want her to be alble to use her hands and voice at the same time"
[Thu May 18 22:35:52 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, we have in the room. numerous books, one of the ones on the table appears to be a journal or log book of som esort.
[Thu May 18 22:36:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lia, could you tie her up please?"
[Thu May 18 22:36:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Sure"
[Thu May 18 22:36:31 2006] : (6) Lia: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Thu May 18 22:36:35 2006] : (1) DM: Amonst the crates of assorted goods is a mostly full crate of colour glass pieces, all carefully packed in ample amounts of straw.
[Thu May 18 22:36:36 2006] : (6) Lia: (taking 20)
[Thu May 18 22:36:52 2006] : (6) Lia: "Aliatra, can you help?"
[Thu May 18 22:37:03 2006] : (1) DM: There's a coal burning brazier above which is suspended a crucible.
[Thu May 18 22:37:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "My my, surprisingly, we find the glass, and a method for melting it"
[Thu May 18 22:37:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc what's a crucible?
[Thu May 18 22:37:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'm making sure she doesn't get the wrong idea, Lia"
[Thu May 18 22:37:30 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc a melting apparatus
[Thu May 18 22:37:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k
[Thu May 18 22:37:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra still has her sword at Greta's throat
[Thu May 18 22:37:44 2006] : (1) DM: The workbench area is littered with assorted (broken) glassware, test tubes, flasks, bottles etc.
[Thu May 18 22:37:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Like a melting pot
[Thu May 18 22:38:17 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "So, we have a nice little room for experiments."
[Thu May 18 22:38:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "What is behind these curtains, I wonder?" Caraegyn goes and opens the curtains
[Thu May 18 22:38:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: Once she is secured I retreive my sword
[Thu May 18 22:39:04 2006] : (6) Lia: "I think ishe's held"
[Thu May 18 22:39:08 2006] : (1) DM: Among the equipment is what appears to be the stuff needed to cast glass into egg shapes.
[Thu May 18 22:39:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "Someon checks the knots?"
[Thu May 18 22:39:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "By the way, the gobline want eggs with invisibility, summon monster, acid arrow, slow. They will pay 4000gp"
[Thu May 18 22:39:19 2006] : (1) DM: Behind the curtain is a bed.
[Thu May 18 22:39:30 2006] : (1) DM: And a locked chest.
[Thu May 18 22:40:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra withdraws her sword and sits Greta up
[Thu May 18 22:40:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "But I guess the fact that we got both you and the messenger hinders that somewhat"
[Thu May 18 22:40:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Would it be sensible to make fake eggs, send a message to the goblins, and then ambush them?" Quietly, so the prisoner doesn't here
[Thu May 18 22:40:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Now I'm going to gag you"
[Thu May 18 22:40:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Nice work if you can get it"
[Thu May 18 22:40:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn goes to examine the chest
[Thu May 18 22:40:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra get a piece of cloth and gags Greta
[Thu May 18 22:40:33 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu May 18 22:40:37 2006] : (1) DM: One of the other books is a spell book. The others are general information books on alchemy, magic, metalworking etc. etc.
[Thu May 18 22:40:46 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (Taking 20 on the search for traps, so 24)
[Thu May 18 22:40:58 2006] : (1) DM: It's locked, iron bound and you don't find any traps on it.
[Thu May 18 22:41:00 2006] : (4) Dan: To Car "it might get some of them down here for retribution"
[Thu May 18 22:41:16 2006] : (1) DM: Anyone searched the wizard?
[Thu May 18 22:41:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "We can thin them out a bit maybe, if not them then their allies"
[Thu May 18 22:41:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: I'll search her, now she's bound and gagged
[Thu May 18 22:41:44 2006] : (6) Lia: Yes, I am, once I've tied her up
[Thu May 18 22:41:45 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes the spellbook
[Thu May 18 22:42:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "This will come in usefull for the future, I'll take it for now"
[Thu May 18 22:42:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Taking 20, for a total of 22
[Thu May 18 22:42:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Does anyone have any skill in unlocking these things?"
[Thu May 18 22:42:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Open Lock Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu May 18 22:42:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan holds the bead up in front of the chest
[Thu May 18 22:43:03 2006] : (1) DM: Greta has a dagger, a cross bow and a quiver with 20 bolts, and in a pouch at her waist a violet glass egg.
[Thu May 18 22:43:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "Knock, knock"
[Thu May 18 22:43:24 2006] : (1) DM: Greta mumbles angrily behind her gag.
[Thu May 18 22:43:52 2006] : (6) Lia: "Another one of those"
[Thu May 18 22:43:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "violet this time"
[Thu May 18 22:44:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lia, another egg to examine"
[Thu May 18 22:44:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc the knock bead that is
[Thu May 18 22:44:19 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia pockets the egg for future reference
[Thu May 18 22:44:21 2006] : (1) DM: A careful examination of the pouch suggests that they used to contain a few bottles, except they smashed when she slipped.
[Thu May 18 22:44:26 2006] : (5) Adrin: (to Greta) Something to say?
[Thu May 18 22:44:32 2006] : (6) Lia: "I can't really examine it now"
[Thu May 18 22:44:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Could that other egg open locks? How about using it on the chest?"
[Thu May 18 22:44:51 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc see up about 8 lines
[Thu May 18 22:45:14 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan holds the bead up in front of the chest
[Thu May 18 22:45:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "Knock, knock"
[Thu May 18 22:45:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I was buys seardching a wizard :P
[Thu May 18 22:45:43 2006] : (1) DM: The chest clicks open under a shimmer of green light.
[Thu May 18 22:45:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: busy
[Thu May 18 22:46:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin moves back over to the door to watch for unwelcome guests
[Thu May 18 22:46:53 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the chest to look inside
[Thu May 18 22:46:57 2006] : (1) DM: 360 XP
[Thu May 18 22:47:09 2006] : (1) DM: eahc.
[Thu May 18 22:47:43 2006] : (1) DM: The chest is half full of gold.
[Thu May 18 22:48:01 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc ker-CHING!
[Thu May 18 22:48:10 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan searches it for obvious traps
[Thu May 18 22:48:20 2006] : (4) Dan: Search = 27
[Thu May 18 22:48:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Money! No need to take that to the guard, now is there?"
[Thu May 18 22:48:30 2006] : (1) DM: Dan finds no obvious traps.
[Thu May 18 22:48:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc damn, wiki down?
[Thu May 18 22:48:57 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I can't find magical ones, only rogues can, and I guess scouts
[Thu May 18 22:49:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no.... wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk ?
[Thu May 18 22:49:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "Looks safe to me"
[Thu May 18 22:49:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc wiki is fine for me
[Thu May 18 22:49:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I can find them.
[Thu May 18 22:49:42 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: (and I searched already)
[Thu May 18 22:50:03 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I was worried about the money
[Thu May 18 22:50:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc no mouse traps buried in it? :)
[Thu May 18 22:50:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "I believe that this is wereguild, for our services to the town Ali"
[Thu May 18 22:50:33 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ok, wrong address
[Thu May 18 22:50:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc wereguild?
[Thu May 18 22:51:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc wergild, blood money
[Thu May 18 22:51:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc ic, ty
[Thu May 18 22:51:49 2006] : (1) DM: The dagger is one that unsual silvery-bronze coloured metal.
[Thu May 18 22:52:13 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc extra U
[Thu May 18 22:52:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just let's not mention it at all, they might want to give us another reward as well and we all could use the money"
[Thu May 18 22:52:26 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc and still wrong, but payment nonetheless
[Thu May 18 22:52:58 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm not averse to that. This spellwriting lark is expensive"
[Thu May 18 22:53:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'm with Ali on this"
[Thu May 18 22:53:22 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu May 18 22:53:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh, Car, we have 200gp for you from our prevoius loot sales"
[Thu May 18 22:53:42 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan hands 200gp to Car
[Thu May 18 22:54:06 2006] : (1) DM: In summary: unusual dagger, 1 m'work light crossbow, 20 bolt, 1 logbook, 1 spellbook, lots of gold, crate of glass, violet glass egg.
[Thu May 18 22:54:21 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc already in wiki ;)
[Thu May 18 22:54:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Right, what do we want to take from here? That person, the gold, the spellbook, notes and letters. Her personal belongings?"
[Thu May 18 22:54:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can't detect magic or identify today, but I can do it tomorrow"
[Thu May 18 22:55:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan points to the spellbook already in his pack
[Thu May 18 22:55:17 2006] : (1) DM: Several other books, assorted notes and papers, alchemical and other apparatus
[Thu May 18 22:55:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do we go to the guard now or spend the rest of the night here and rest up first?"
[Thu May 18 22:55:33 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That is... most generous. I could justify, I suppose, saving for a fine set of armour."
[Thu May 18 22:55:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "We've paid for rooms"
[Thu May 18 22:55:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "May as well turn her in now"
[Thu May 18 22:56:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd say that like us, you may benefit from spending at least some money on cre potions"
[Thu May 18 22:56:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And what do we do about all this stuff? What do we turn in and what do we keep?"
[Thu May 18 22:56:27 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc cure
[Thu May 18 22:56:35 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc who has the logbook?
[Thu May 18 22:56:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "We turn in the woman, we keep the rest?"
[Thu May 18 22:56:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We should maybe hand over a little of the gold"
[Thu May 18 22:57:30 2006] : (5) Adrin: "After all, what is the likelyhood of her having no money?"
[Thu May 18 22:57:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It should be a donation, towards the replacement of the glass."
[Thu May 18 22:57:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "That sounds good"
[Thu May 18 22:58:03 2006] : (6) Lia: "Do whatever. I just suggest we keep some gold to buy healing potions"
[Thu May 18 22:58:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "But let us interrogate her first?"
[Thu May 18 22:58:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "But let's count it first and decide how much to give away"
[Thu May 18 22:58:17 2006] : (6) Lia: "See what she has to say for her defence?"
[Thu May 18 22:58:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I dont care about her defence"
[Thu May 18 22:58:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "Otr what she can tell us about those goblins"
[Thu May 18 22:58:56 2006] : (6) Lia: "Aren't we supposed to find them?"
[Thu May 18 22:59:11 2006] : (4) Dan: "And bring back the head of their leader"
[Thu May 18 22:59:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And bring back the leader's head"
[Thu May 18 22:59:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc or you could read the logbook which reveals all... and saves me having to role-play an NPC...
[Thu May 18 22:59:45 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc that's why I asked who has it
[Thu May 18 22:59:47 2006] : (6) Lia: :P
[Thu May 18 22:59:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc who has the logbook?
[Thu May 18 23:00:05 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia starts reading the logbook
[Thu May 18 23:00:09 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc whatever :P
[Thu May 18 23:00:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra looks over Lia's shoulder to read with her
[Thu May 18 23:00:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's late, continue a bit further? or stop here?
[Thu May 18 23:00:51 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc can we qkeep a quest log somehwere? Or is there one on the wiki that I missed?
[Thu May 18 23:00:55 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks through the spellbook to see what delights wait for him
[Thu May 18 23:01:07 2006] : (6) Lia: Actually, I am swamped
[Thu May 18 23:01:24 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I'd rather keep the logook for next time
[Thu May 18 23:01:26 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc finish here, I'm happy with that
[Thu May 18 23:01:27 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc :D
[Thu May 18 23:01:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc decent place to stop
[Thu May 18 23:01:35 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END