Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 11 May 2006

[Thu May 11 19:26:26 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 11 19:26:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "Shall we sell this shortsword?"
[Thu May 11 19:27:10 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc can I use a heal check on myself to heal faster?
[Thu May 11 19:27:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "It's quite well made, but I don't think anyone wanted to use it"
[Thu May 11 19:27:28 2006] : (1) DM: You've just left the castle gates and are standing in Castle Walk having just received information about a reward for the capture of a goblin leader.
[Thu May 11 19:27:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh, and I nedd to spend an entire day to learn one of those spells"
[Thu May 11 19:27:55 2006] : (1) DM: Captain Etzel also mentioned the Town Watch were looking for people to track down a murderer and thief.
[Thu May 11 19:28:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "Do you mind if we stay and you can rest up for another day"
[Thu May 11 19:28:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "Then I can sell this spellbook"
[Thu May 11 19:28:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I could do with another day of rest, I'm healing fine but not very fast"
[Thu May 11 19:28:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How about we see what we can find out about these criminals the Watch is looking for"
[Thu May 11 19:28:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc this wiki-thing is fantastic for making notes and stuff on. I wish I'd thought of it sooner -- I can never remember characters names.
[Thu May 11 19:29:06 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc /me decides she can and heals 4 HP :P
[Thu May 11 19:29:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "Surely that will wait a day Adrin?"
[Thu May 11 19:29:26 2006] : (4) Dan: Ali is still not fully recovered"
[Thu May 11 19:29:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Fair point. I'm just itching for something to do"
[Thu May 11 19:29:56 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc and any heal checks I should make for our friends there?
[Thu May 11 19:30:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm sorry, but if I am to be any use to the party I require time to study"
[Thu May 11 19:30:18 2006] : (2) Lia: "I see"
[Thu May 11 19:30:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "It's an unfortunate part of my profession"
[Thu May 11 19:30:48 2006] : (2) Lia: "Actually, I wanted to ask you. Although I am not much versed into your Arcane magic, I am curious"
[Thu May 11 19:30:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Please do, Lia
[Thu May 11 19:30:59 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc if we wait a day Lia, you can learn all heal spells for the day
[Thu May 11 19:31:02 2006] : (2) Lia: "Would you spend time with me and try to explain some of the stuff?"
[Thu May 11 19:31:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can, but it is not for everyone"
[Thu May 11 19:31:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin looks a bit cheesed off at having to sit about
[Thu May 11 19:31:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "Most find themselves bored by the complexities"
[Thu May 11 19:31:42 2006] : (2) Lia: "I don't want to learn"
[Thu May 11 19:31:47 2006] : (2) Lia: "It is too strange for me"
[Thu May 11 19:31:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "I want to understand"
[Thu May 11 19:32:06 2006] : (2) Lia: "If that makes sense"
[Thu May 11 19:32:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Even that bores a lot of people"
[Thu May 11 19:32:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll try, but for now I need to study"
[Thu May 11 19:32:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc can we skip a day while I do that and Lia heals everyone who's hurt?
[Thu May 11 19:32:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc btw, you're not of sufficient level to truely understand how magic functions in this world.
[Thu May 11 19:32:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sure
[Thu May 11 19:32:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I could use a sparring partner if you don't mind, Adrin. I want to keep nmy weapons skills up to scratch"
[Thu May 11 19:33:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you'll need to find and pay for accomodation and food.
[Thu May 11 19:33:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ah now that sounds better. You're on"
[Thu May 11 19:33:35 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc after a comfortable night, Dan feels much better disposed to the Last inn
[Thu May 11 19:33:38 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc how much dough did you guys get for each of us? ;)
[Thu May 11 19:33:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 11 19:34:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc We haven't divided the money yet
[Thu May 11 19:34:53 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc the money curretly stands at 680gp + 155 if we sell the short sword
[Thu May 11 19:35:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc and whatever we get for the spell book today
[Thu May 11 19:35:39 2006] : (1) DM: Dan hunches over his scrolls and books for the day while Adrin and Aliatra spar in the courtyard behind the inn.
[Thu May 11 19:35:43 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc should be about 700gp at 50gp per page
[Thu May 11 19:35:58 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc ok, sell the lot, so I can shop. Although, I have nothing to buy really
[Thu May 11 19:37:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc A woman that has nothing to buy? Shame on you!
[Thu May 11 19:37:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Druid!
[Thu May 11 19:37:49 2006] : (1) DM: Anyone going into the magic shop on Merchant's Street?
[Thu May 11 19:38:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Sure, I want to see what they sell
[Thu May 11 19:39:04 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yes, I need to sell the spellbook
[Thu May 11 19:39:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tags along for something to do
[Thu May 11 19:39:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Now I can sell the spellbook"
[Thu May 11 19:39:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "It should fetch a tidy sum"
[Thu May 11 19:39:30 2006] : (2) Lia: "I'll go with you"
[Thu May 11 19:39:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "More than we have now?"
[Thu May 11 19:39:46 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc that is if we're now in the next day of course
[Thu May 11 19:40:01 2006] : (4) Dan: "About the same"
[Thu May 11 19:40:19 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Seraphina's Curiosities" is a small, cluttered shop tucked away on Merchant's Street.
[Thu May 11 19:40:49 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc can I just sell the book, or do I need to haggle?
[Thu May 11 19:40:56 2006] : (1) Seraphina: There are peculiar bottles with preserved animals lined on shelves...
[Thu May 11 19:40:59 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc just sell it.
[Thu May 11 19:41:29 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ...an assortment of curious incrediants and herbal plants both dried and pickled.
[Thu May 11 19:41:59 2006] : (1) Seraphina: In locked glass-fronted display cabinets are an assortment of what can only me magical items.
[Thu May 11 19:42:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the bottles
[Thu May 11 19:42:13 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc we have 1438gp... 300 each and 38 for the kitty? Or are we saving some for Caraegyn?
[Thu May 11 19:42:14 2006] : (1) Seraphina: Rings and amulets, a few cloaks and the like.
[Thu May 11 19:42:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What is all this? What good does it all do?"
[Thu May 11 19:43:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hello, do you have any potions of curing?"
[Thu May 11 19:43:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc If we have 1438 and tqke 300 each, there's 238 for the kitty, not 38
[Thu May 11 19:43:40 2006] : (1) Seraphina: Seated behind the counter is Seraphina, the shop-owner. A woman of around 30-40, dressed in practical clothes with small designs embroidered in the sleaves.
[Thu May 11 19:43:45 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc oh yeah!
[Thu May 11 19:43:57 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 200 for Car, 38 for the kitty?
[Thu May 11 19:44:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc sounds ok.
[Thu May 11 19:44:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Sounds fine
[Thu May 11 19:45:29 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc so 300GP each,
[Thu May 11 19:45:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hello, do you have any potions of curing?"
[Thu May 11 19:46:25 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, some of those would be good"
[Thu May 11 19:46:58 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Hello there, I have a few of the minor spells, you may wish to try the chapel for more powerful potions."
[Thu May 11 19:47:11 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I deal mostly in arcane items you see."
[Thu May 11 19:47:12 2006] : (2) Lia: "not that we can afford them"
[Thu May 11 19:47:17 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ah"
[Thu May 11 19:47:33 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc also sold the shortbow for 15gp
[Thu May 11 19:47:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc put that 15 in the kitty?
[Thu May 11 19:48:07 2006] : (1) Seraphina: She indicates the row of small bottles filled with variously coloured liquids. All with neat labels indicating their function.
[Thu May 11 19:48:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes two CLW potions if she has them
[Thu May 11 19:48:36 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc she does.
[Thu May 11 19:48:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin also takes two
[Thu May 11 19:49:16 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc how much is one???
[Thu May 11 19:49:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes 2 as well
[Thu May 11 19:49:18 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Say, you wouldn't be looking for some work by any chance?"
[Thu May 11 19:49:21 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc 50 gp
[Thu May 11 19:49:39 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia takes 4
[Thu May 11 19:49:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What kinda of work?"
[Thu May 11 19:49:49 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "You all look like the adventering sort."
[Thu May 11 19:50:27 2006] : (2) Lia: "indeed."
[Thu May 11 19:50:42 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Assistance in some research I'm conducting, local history."
[Thu May 11 19:51:00 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "You've no doubt seem all the old fortifications and the like in the area, yes?"
[Thu May 11 19:51:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Out in the marsh? Yeah"
[Thu May 11 19:51:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We've had that displeasure"
[Thu May 11 19:52:05 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "The Gray Marsh causeway is from that era, as is Northwatch. Or at least it's foundations are."
[Thu May 11 19:52:14 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, pretty bad shape, except for that door..."
[Thu May 11 19:52:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "I wondered what civilisation had created the original structures"
[Thu May 11 19:53:31 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Exactly! A most interesting question indeed. And one which I intend to find out the answer too."
[Thu May 11 19:54:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So what would you like to ask us?"
[Thu May 11 19:54:19 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Also, there use of metals and magic is most facinating. But alas, I've yet to determine how these ancient items either work or where made."
[Thu May 11 19:54:27 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "This is where you come in."
[Thu May 11 19:55:15 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Ye-es"
[Thu May 11 19:55:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "And what service can we be?"
[Thu May 11 19:55:27 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "One of the recent settlers was clearing land to the east of here and the discovered one of these fortifications."
[Thu May 11 19:56:10 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I'd go and investigate it myself but I cannot leave the store unattended for such an extended expedition."
[Thu May 11 19:56:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How long is 'Extended' ?"
[Thu May 11 19:57:30 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "The ruins are about days walk away, I do not know how large the tunnels or chambers inside are."
[Thu May 11 19:57:51 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc how many days?
[Thu May 11 19:58:03 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc a day. sorry, typo
[Thu May 11 19:58:17 2006] : (2) Lia: "I see"
[Thu May 11 19:58:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: '"You want us to go underground to investigate? What do you hope we'll find?"
[Thu May 11 19:58:45 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I'm not really sure. Beyond the bears or other animals that lair within."
[Thu May 11 19:59:02 2006] : (2) Lia: "Bears. Interesting"
[Thu May 11 19:59:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "Bears? That sounds pretty dangerous"
[Thu May 11 19:59:15 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I hope there will be more artifacts or items to study. Or even some well preserved text if we're fortunate."
[Thu May 11 19:59:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Sounds fun. We survived our last trip under one of them after all"
[Thu May 11 20:00:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "So what do you get out of this?"
[Thu May 11 20:00:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Fun?"
[Thu May 11 20:00:23 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Knowledge! Surely you must understand the value of that?"
[Thu May 11 20:00:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu May 11 20:00:43 2006] : (2) Lia: "I do"
[Thu May 11 20:00:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "I just wondered if perhaps you had other requests"
[Thu May 11 20:00:56 2006] : (2) Lia: "Why did you mention those bears?"
[Thu May 11 20:01:33 2006] : (2) Lia: "or other animals for that matter"
[Thu May 11 20:01:41 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "So you aren't caught unawares, preparation is the key to sucess in adventurering."
[Thu May 11 20:01:43 2006] : (2) Lia: "are those caves guarded of sorts?"
[Thu May 11 20:01:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "I see."
[Thu May 11 20:02:12 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I believe the bears or other animals merely make the underground caverns their home."
[Thu May 11 20:03:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are there any stories about undead?"
[Thu May 11 20:03:29 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "So do you agree to this task? You needn't start straight away. What's been there for centuries can remain a few weeks longer."
[Thu May 11 20:04:04 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I've heard nothing about undead in or around any of these ruins, I would consider it most unlikely."
[Thu May 11 20:04:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We could always take a look, if and when we have time"
[Thu May 11 20:04:37 2006] : (2) Lia: "Good. I'd rather deal with bears than with undeads"
[Thu May 11 20:04:42 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Of course."
[Thu May 11 20:04:46 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia shivers just at the thought
[Thu May 11 20:04:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, I would be intrigued to learn some more of these people"
[Thu May 11 20:04:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, you know what I think already"
[Thu May 11 20:05:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "We already have some items from under one of the towers"
[Thu May 11 20:05:27 2006] : (1) Seraphina: ooc btw, this is the 3rd obvious plot hook -- the one that isn't really prepared yet.
[Thu May 11 20:06:07 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I noticed the armour, you have other items?"
[Thu May 11 20:06:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc We'll give you some more time before we go there, then :)
[Thu May 11 20:06:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "There was a spearhead. Our companion has it"
[Thu May 11 20:07:00 2006] : (2) Lia: "And those stones"
[Thu May 11 20:07:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do you mean my armour? What's so special about it?"
[Thu May 11 20:07:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't believe that the stones are related Lia"
[Thu May 11 20:08:07 2006] : (2) Lia: "Maybe not to the craft, but certainly to the magic, or the magical being who is behind oall this"
[Thu May 11 20:08:29 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Well, I've studied such items a bit. The alloy used is like none known in this kingdom, the forging appears to be some type unfamilar, and the magic is most interesting.
[Thu May 11 20:08:53 2006] : (2) Lia: "I will not believe that it is just coincidence that we found two stones in the hand of villains, stones that are so alike"
[Thu May 11 20:08:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "It is indeed"
[Thu May 11 20:09:09 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Alas, I've yet to get my hands on an items long enough to give the magic a proper study."
[Thu May 11 20:09:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "I could not fathom the magic, even with the identify spell"
[Thu May 11 20:09:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "I imagine that those who find, or inherit such items do not offer them for study often"
[Thu May 11 20:09:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I just want to know what kind of protection my armour gives me"
[Thu May 11 20:10:08 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Precisely! If I where you I'd give the armour your companion where are most careful study, with the proper equipment and library you may be able to determine somthing of the magic."
[Thu May 11 20:11:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How long will that take?"
[Thu May 11 20:11:28 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "I would think a weeks study would reveal some initial results."
[Thu May 11 20:11:36 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "It is hard to say of course."
[Thu May 11 20:11:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "A week??"
[Thu May 11 20:12:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "Such is the nature of the arcane Adrin"
[Thu May 11 20:12:09 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Could be more."
[Thu May 11 20:12:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Nothing without time and hard study"
[Thu May 11 20:12:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "How easy sorcerors have it!"
[Thu May 11 20:12:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, each to their own"
[Thu May 11 20:13:14 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Unless you have any more questions, I really need to get back to inspecting this latest shipment of wands."
[Thu May 11 20:14:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin heads outside
[Thu May 11 20:14:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra laees, fearful someone will try to take her armour off her
[Thu May 11 20:15:02 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan follows the others
[Thu May 11 20:15:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Until we next meet"
[Thu May 11 20:15:19 2006] : (1) Seraphina: "Good luck!"
[Thu May 11 20:16:57 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, that's something interesting to look into"
[Thu May 11 20:17:17 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yes, but it can wait"
[Thu May 11 20:17:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "And I'm glad to have some cureing potions!"
[Thu May 11 20:18:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc DM pokes players.
[Thu May 11 20:18:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra doesn't say a word as she walks along
[Thu May 11 20:19:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How about we find out about these two the Watch are after?"
[Thu May 11 20:19:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, now I have done what I needed, I'm more than happy to accompany you Adrin"
[Thu May 11 20:20:00 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes. I'm interested in the animals though"
[Thu May 11 20:20:16 2006] : (2) Lia: "The more I can study them, the better I understand them"
[Thu May 11 20:20:24 2006] : (2) Lia: "And the less I understand humans I suppose"
[Thu May 11 20:20:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra makes a quick stop to change her greatsword for a better one
[Thu May 11 20:20:51 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc bought MW bullets somewhere in town
[Thu May 11 20:20:57 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc regular price?
[Thu May 11 20:21:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Her's your sword back, Adrin"
[Thu May 11 20:21:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, from Katja's Armour and Weapons.
[Thu May 11 20:21:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Oh, thanks."
[Thu May 11 20:21:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "You gave it to me Ali"
[Thu May 11 20:21:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Not Adrin"
[Thu May 11 20:21:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Yes, very near the shop we just visited
[Thu May 11 20:21:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Thu May 11 20:21:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ah yes, I was wondering what sword you were talking about"
[Thu May 11 20:22:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Just a wrong name, please ignore
[Thu May 11 20:22:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes the longsword
[Thu May 11 20:22:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I just reckoned that the history lesson and the goblin can wait, and we may as well see what we can do in town first"
[Thu May 11 20:23:06 2006] : (2) Lia: "Well, whatever we do, let us do it fast"
[Thu May 11 20:23:54 2006] : (2) Lia: "Why not. But what are you after exactly? Is ther a bounty notice board somewhere?"
[Thu May 11 20:23:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's the rush?"
[Thu May 11 20:23:59 2006] : (2) Lia: "Adventurers unite?"
[Thu May 11 20:24:10 2006] : (1) DM: You walk on over to the watchhouse where you meet a Sargeant Klaus Rein.
[Thu May 11 20:24:46 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Yes?"
[Thu May 11 20:25:46 2006] : (2) Lia: "We're just wandering aimlessly in this town, and are getting bored. Anything you need us for?"
[Thu May 11 20:25:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We hear you've got a problem and we wonderd if we could help"
[Thu May 11 20:26:10 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc oops, I missed an episode
[Thu May 11 20:26:27 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Ah yes, the murder and theft at the chapel. A most peculiar and nasty business."
[Thu May 11 20:26:52 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Let me start at the beginning..."
[Thu May 11 20:27:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What;s so problematic about these events?"
[Thu May 11 20:27:46 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Some, uh, three weeks ago the chapel received a shipment of colour glass. They wanted to redo the stained glass windows you see."
[Thu May 11 20:28:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Either our reputation has preceded us or this guy doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut ;)
[Thu May 11 20:28:15 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan stands and listens
[Thu May 11 20:28:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra listens attentively
[Thu May 11 20:28:39 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "There were a number of boxes stored in a locked shed in the grounds of the chapel."
[Thu May 11 20:29:38 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "One night 2 weeks ago, no, more like two weeks and 2 days by now, someone broke into the shed and made of with one of the boxes of glass."
[Thu May 11 20:30:10 2006] : (2) Lia: "Why would anyone want to steal a box of coloured glass is beyong me"
[Thu May 11 20:30:12 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Who'd want a box of glass?"
[Thu May 11 20:30:16 2006] : (2) Lia: "Was this glass special?"
[Thu May 11 20:30:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Somebody stole coloured glass? I know the stuff can be expensive, but ..."
[Thu May 11 20:30:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know its value Adrin, maybe it's worth a lot of money"
[Thu May 11 20:30:46 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "That is one of the peculiar part of the whole affair."
[Thu May 11 20:30:56 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Now, we believe that the one of the chapel acolytes either saw something or heard a disturbance and investigated."
[Thu May 11 20:31:57 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "She surprised the thief or so we assume and was stabbed and killed. A clean thrust through the rib cage and into the heart, Either a very lucky stab or someone with good skills with the blade."
[Thu May 11 20:32:44 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "The commotion attracted the attention of one of the night patrols who came running and gave chase to the fleeing murderer."
[Thu May 11 20:32:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That's a bit drastic, a thief that kills. Don't they usually just run away?"
[Thu May 11 20:33:14 2006] : (2) Lia: "and they ran with the box?"
[Thu May 11 20:33:19 2006] : (2) Lia: "that cannot be possible"
[Thu May 11 20:33:29 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "You'd think two fit guards could easily outrun someone lugging a large heavy box but the crook turned into an alley and vanished completely."
[Thu May 11 20:33:39 2006] : (2) Lia: "I see"
[Thu May 11 20:34:08 2006] : (4) Dan: "Now that sounds sinister"
[Thu May 11 20:34:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "To disappear with a large box implies magic to me"
[Thu May 11 20:34:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "or a hidden doorway"
[Thu May 11 20:35:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Or an other order of events"
[Thu May 11 20:35:37 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Believe me, we've been over that alleyway with fine tooth comb and couldn't see any means of escape."
[Thu May 11 20:35:57 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "Though you're welcome to take a look yourself. I can have one of the watchmen show you the way."
[Thu May 11 20:36:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Did anyone check for magic?"
[Thu May 11 20:36:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: "May as well start somewhere"
[Thu May 11 20:36:24 2006] : (2) Lia: "nothing? Yes, did anyone check for magic?"
[Thu May 11 20:36:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ""That's not a skill available to most people"
[Thu May 11 20:36:54 2006] : (2) Lia: "But three weeks. There's not going to be any left if there ever was"
[Thu May 11 20:37:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ALiatra tries to look as if she knows all about magic
[Thu May 11 20:37:09 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "The watch doesnt' have wizards, so no. Which is we we put out the bounty, for some outside assistance."
[Thu May 11 20:37:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "If they used a potion, it's unlikey that there ever would have been any sign"
[Thu May 11 20:37:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Drink a potion while carrying a large box?"
[Thu May 11 20:38:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Did the guards see that box?"
[Thu May 11 20:39:11 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "The killer was carrying it and it vanished at the same time."
[Thu May 11 20:39:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Hmm. Curiouser and curiouser"
[Thu May 11 20:40:16 2006] : (4) Dan: "Put it down briefly, drink potion, pick it up"
[Thu May 11 20:40:22 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ok, since we don't have anything else to do just yet, let us go and investigate"
[Thu May 11 20:40:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "When you pick it up, it disappears too"
[Thu May 11 20:40:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm certainly intrigued"
[Thu May 11 20:40:46 2006] : (1) Sargeant Rein: "I'll have one of the watchmen escort you to the alley."
[Thu May 11 20:40:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "The thief sounds like a coward to kill thus"
[Thu May 11 20:41:45 2006] : (1) DM: The watchman leaves you outside the alleyway.
[Thu May 11 20:41:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Kill or be captured I suppose"
[Thu May 11 20:42:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "He sounds incompetent, getting caught like that"
[Thu May 11 20:42:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "He hasn't been caught yet"
[Thu May 11 20:42:27 2006] : (1) DM: The alleyway is betwen two stone houses that abutt the eastern town wall.
[Thu May 11 20:42:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "No indeed. I hope that we can help"
[Thu May 11 20:43:00 2006] : (1) DM: It's about 5 ft wide and seems to serve no purpose at all. There are neither doors nor windows on either side.
[Thu May 11 20:43:03 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan takes 20 on a search of the alley walls
[Thu May 11 20:43:12 2006] : (4) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu May 11 20:43:16 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc I need to make a call for 10 minutes
[Thu May 11 20:43:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 27
[Thu May 11 20:43:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc k.
[Thu May 11 20:43:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Getting cauhgt redhanded when breaking in, I meant"
[Thu May 11 20:44:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ccc we pausing?
[Thu May 11 20:44:19 2006] : (1) DM: Blank walls, even the cobbled ground is clear of refuse and debris which unusual for even such a well kept town like Northwatch.
[Thu May 11 20:45:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc we'll carry on I think. Nothing's going to happen yet.
[Thu May 11 20:45:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a good look at the ground
[Thu May 11 20:45:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc nah.
[Thu May 11 20:45:15 2006] : (1) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu May 11 20:45:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Taking 20 on search
[Thu May 11 20:45:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu May 11 21:00:26 2006] : (1) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu May 11 21:00:51 2006] : (1) DM: For the people searching can you describe how you're searching.
[Thu May 11 21:01:32 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia is trying to find if there is anything iunusual there. Something that should not be there. Grass, earth, a peice of cloth...
[Thu May 11 21:01:35 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan, being an elf has an affinity for secret doors... He's thoroughly examining the walls with his hands
[Thu May 11 21:01:38 2006] : (2) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu May 11 21:02:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Looking at the ground between the walls, walking step by step while studying the ground before me
[Thu May 11 21:02:14 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc take 20 though, would make sense
[Thu May 11 21:02:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin is watching the others
[Thu May 11 21:03:17 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan stops
[Thu May 11 21:03:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "I think that I felt something here, but I can't see anything now I've looked"
[Thu May 11 21:03:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Pardon?"
[Thu May 11 21:04:06 2006] : (4) Dan: Will save: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu May 11 21:04:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Are you ok?"
[Thu May 11 21:05:32 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes"
[Thu May 11 21:05:44 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
[Thu May 11 21:05:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "So, have you found somethin gor not?"
[Thu May 11 21:06:10 2006] : (4) Dan: "There's a stone here with letters on it"
[Thu May 11 21:06:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "Why didn't I see it before?"
[Thu May 11 21:06:46 2006] : (1) DM: Will saves, for everyone else.
[Thu May 11 21:06:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tries out his new found ability to read
[Thu May 11 21:06:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: Will save: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu May 11 21:06:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu May 11 21:07:17 2006] : (2) Lia: Will save: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Thu May 11 21:07:25 2006] : (2) Lia: Will save: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Thu May 11 21:07:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, there seems to be an illusion over this stone to conceal the writing"
[Thu May 11 21:07:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I'm still searchuing the ground, pretty much ignoring Dan
[Thu May 11 21:07:40 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc second was for the viper
[Thu May 11 21:07:43 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan points it out to everyone
[Thu May 11 21:07:46 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc just in case
[Thu May 11 21:07:54 2006] : (2) Lia: "Oh yes, I see it"
[Thu May 11 21:08:06 2006] : (1) DM: The rest of you just look at the featurless stonewall that Dan is pointing at.
[Thu May 11 21:08:25 2006] : (2) Lia: "Can you read it?"
[Thu May 11 21:08:30 2006] : (2) Lia: (to Dan)
[Thu May 11 21:08:30 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Are you sure you're not just going nuts"
[Thu May 11 21:08:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Hmmm? What us it? What did you find?"
[Thu May 11 21:09:11 2006] : (2) Lia: "No, I saw it"
[Thu May 11 21:09:19 2006] : (4) Dan: "I am quite sure. There's some cunningly concealed writing here, but I can't read it"
[Thu May 11 21:09:57 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc would a read magic do anything here?
[Thu May 11 21:10:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can try
[Thu May 11 21:10:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "If we were to come back tomorrow, then I will have time to read the new spell that I just scribed"
[Thu May 11 21:10:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "There is nothing to see, just some stones. What writing are you talking about?"
[Thu May 11 21:10:45 2006] : (2) Lia: Eollia casts Read Magic ( level 0, "Read scrolls and spellbooks" )
[Thu May 11 21:10:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra stares at the wall
[Thu May 11 21:10:58 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia studies the stones
[Thu May 11 21:11:02 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan points out wher the illusion starts and ends
[Thu May 11 21:12:01 2006] : (2) Lia: "I can't read it, even with the help of Nature"
[Thu May 11 21:12:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Stones, just stones"
[Thu May 11 21:12:18 2006] : (2) Lia: "No, there is a text"
[Thu May 11 21:12:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I agree Ali"
[Thu May 11 21:12:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra traces the stones with her fingers, trying to feel the letters
[Thu May 11 21:12:34 2006] : (4) Dan: "The new spell that I learned was one to comprehend foreign languages"
[Thu May 11 21:12:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "If we come back tomorrow I will be able to read it"
[Thu May 11 21:12:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "and you think that'll help?"
[Thu May 11 21:13:12 2006] : (1) DM: The text is 7 words long on two lines.
[Thu May 11 21:13:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, it's most off to hide this under an illusion"
[Thu May 11 21:13:25 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc off = odd
[Thu May 11 21:13:45 2006] : (4) Dan: "We'll at least know what it says"
[Thu May 11 21:13:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Can I feel the text?
[Thu May 11 21:14:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, you can.
[Thu May 11 21:14:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "Or we could purchase a scroll from the magic store, and I can do it now"
[Thu May 11 21:14:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "That will cost 25gp
[Thu May 11 21:14:25 2006] : (2) Lia: "that's a good idea"
[Thu May 11 21:14:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I can feel the letters, the text really is there"
[Thu May 11 21:15:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "Keep your fingers on it Ali, I'll go and get the scroll"
[Thu May 11 21:15:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "Care to come with me Adrin?"
[Thu May 11 21:15:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'd rather not wander around alone"
[Thu May 11 21:15:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Yeah, ok. I still think you're crazy though"
[Thu May 11 21:16:28 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan goes off to see if the magic shop has a scroll of comprehend languages
[Thu May 11 21:16:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin goes with him
[Thu May 11 21:16:55 2006] : (1) DM: Yes it does. You return 20 minutes later with the scroll.
[Thu May 11 21:17:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan locates the text, then reads the scroll
[Thu May 11 21:17:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan studies the text again
[Thu May 11 21:18:37 2006] : (4) Dan: "Under lidded eye, knock and enter"
[Thu May 11 21:18:50 2006] : (4) Dan: "What in the world does that mean?"
[Thu May 11 21:18:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu May 11 21:19:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: "No idea"
[Thu May 11 21:19:32 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc I don't even know what lidded eye means :/
[Thu May 11 21:19:48 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks around the alleyway looking for anything that might look like a lidded eye
[Thu May 11 21:19:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lidded eye? closed eyes? Close your eyed and knock?"
[Thu May 11 21:20:07 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, I was thinking that"
[Thu May 11 21:20:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Worth a try"
[Thu May 11 21:20:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin draws his sword just in case
[Thu May 11 21:20:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'll let one of you big types try that"
[Thu May 11 21:20:43 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan steps back
[Thu May 11 21:20:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Stand back then"
[Thu May 11 21:21:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra drwas her sword, closes her eyes and knocks on the stones
[Thu May 11 21:21:01 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia takes a step back
[Thu May 11 21:21:18 2006] : (1) DM: Nothing happens.
[Thu May 11 21:21:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra pushes at the wall after knocking
[Thu May 11 21:21:48 2006] : (1) DM: The wall doesn't budge, it seems as solid as it was before.
[Thu May 11 21:21:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps the end of the alleyway"
[Thu May 11 21:22:09 2006] : (4) Dan: Int check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu May 11 21:22:27 2006] : (1) DM: ooc this is at the end of the alley.
[Thu May 11 21:23:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are there any status here, or murals or anything?"
[Thu May 11 21:23:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc statues?
[Thu May 11 21:23:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu May 11 21:23:57 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan examines the writing again
[Thu May 11 21:23:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Anything like an eye?"
[Thu May 11 21:24:15 2006] : (4) Dan: "Under the lidded eye, knock and enter"
[Thu May 11 21:24:30 2006] : (1) DM: There are no statues or murals in the near vicinity. And you don't recall any prominent ones as you went about town.
[Thu May 11 21:24:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, I maybe misinterpreted that a little"
[Thu May 11 21:24:59 2006] : (4) Dan: "This is an odd alleyway"
[Thu May 11 21:25:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The lidded eye. What might that mean?"
[Thu May 11 21:25:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What's odd about it?"
[Thu May 11 21:25:27 2006] : (4) Dan: "Mysterious writings covered by illusions, and it's very clean down here"
[Thu May 11 21:25:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmmm, you're right. Very tidy"
[Thu May 11 21:25:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps the lidded eye is a reference to the phases of the moon or something like that"
[Thu May 11 21:26:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Could be. Or maybe it only works at night"
[Thu May 11 21:26:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, under half moon, or new moon maybe"
[Thu May 11 21:26:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The new moon, more likely, you could say it is lidded then"
[Thu May 11 21:27:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What phase was the moon the night of the murder?"
[Thu May 11 21:27:18 2006] : (2) Lia: "That is an idea actually"
[Thu May 11 21:27:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, it was two weeks and two nights ago"
[Thu May 11 21:27:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "So that means it could be two weeks til we can get in here"
[Thu May 11 21:28:13 2006] : (4) Dan: "Unless it's half moon"
[Thu May 11 21:28:17 2006] : (2) Lia: T"It is half moon. And waxing"
[Thu May 11 21:28:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Or tonight if it was a half moon"
[Thu May 11 21:28:24 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What is this the wall of?"
[Thu May 11 21:28:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "In which case we should be just about right"
[Thu May 11 21:28:50 2006] : (2) Lia: "So two weeks ago, it would have been also half, but wanning"
[Thu May 11 21:28:56 2006] : (1) DM: The wall is the town walls.
[Thu May 11 21:28:58 2006] : (2) Lia: "Actually, it might work"
[Thu May 11 21:29:08 2006] : (2) Lia: either way, it is lidded, even if just half"
[Thu May 11 21:29:24 2006] : (2) Lia: "and lidded does not necessarily mean closed"
[Thu May 11 21:29:42 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc to me in English it means half-open
[Thu May 11 21:30:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "So we come back tonight and try?"
[Thu May 11 21:30:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc is that cos you're an optimist?
[Thu May 11 21:30:29 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu May 11 21:30:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Sounds like a plan"
[Thu May 11 21:30:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's return here tonight and try. What do youj think though, mkight the walls actually move and sweep the dirt away?"
[Thu May 11 21:30:43 2006] : (1) DM: The town are very thick -- greather than 10 ft thick at the base.
[Thu May 11 21:31:24 2006] : (4) Dan: "It does say knock and enter, so I'm guessing that wherever the door goes, it's not outside the town"
[Thu May 11 21:31:40 2006] : (1) DM: The town walls are thick.... (as is the DM apparently....)
[Thu May 11 21:31:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Or maybe the ground moves which is why its so clean"
[Thu May 11 21:31:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc :)
[Thu May 11 21:31:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "probably a staircase that goes under the walls"
[Thu May 11 21:32:00 2006] : (2) Lia: "OK, let us gcome back tonight then"
[Thu May 11 21:32:14 2006] : (2) Lia: "If nothing happens, we'll have to come back in two weeks"
[Thu May 11 21:32:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "A bit odd if we're right, a door that opens only a couple of nights each month"
[Thu May 11 21:32:29 2006] : (4) Dan: "Indeed Lia"
[Thu May 11 21:33:06 2006] : (4) Dan: "Well, if we are wrong, we have not really wasted much time"
[Thu May 11 21:33:07 2006] : (5) Adrin: "With a little planning Ali, it could be very useful to a theif"
[Thu May 11 21:33:38 2006] : (4) Dan: "Why yes it would Adrin"
[Thu May 11 21:33:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "I find it hard to think like that"
[Thu May 11 21:34:20 2006] : (4) Dan: "So shall we go, and return this evening?"
[Thu May 11 21:34:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: "You need to get your head out of a book more"
[Thu May 11 21:34:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "Alas, to train further in my craft, I need to do just the opposite!"
[Thu May 11 21:35:01 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan laughs
[Thu May 11 21:35:40 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, dont say I didn't warn you"
[Thu May 11 21:35:43 2006] : (2) Lia: "How about some good time for a while?"
[Thu May 11 21:35:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's all get some rest"
[Thu May 11 21:35:57 2006] : (2) Lia: "Or srest"
[Thu May 11 21:36:08 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I took the 25gp out of the kitty BTW
[Thu May 11 21:36:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I meant to suggest that"
[Thu May 11 21:37:11 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan walks back to the inn
[Thu May 11 21:37:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I feel like all we're doing is resting."
[Thu May 11 21:38:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "You can spend time training"
[Thu May 11 21:39:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Yes, Adrin, how about it?"
[Thu May 11 21:39:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Its not as exciting as real combat though"
[Thu May 11 21:40:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We might have a real fight on our hands tonight"
[Thu May 11 21:40:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin grins at the prospect
[Thu May 11 21:41:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And since I like to be prepared ... en garde!"
[Thu May 11 21:41:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ha ha!"
[Thu May 11 21:42:08 2006] : (1) DM: ...as night falls...
[Thu May 11 21:42:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: After sparring with Adrin Aliatra goes on sheathing and drawing her weapons, until her movements just seem a blur
[Thu May 11 21:42:48 2006] : (1) DM: The sun has set, a near half moon rises in the sky.
[Thu May 11 21:42:56 2006] : (2) Lia: "Let us go"
[Thu May 11 21:43:01 2006] : (2) Lia: "And see if that works"
[Thu May 11 21:43:24 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, I hope we're correct"
[Thu May 11 21:43:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Yes, I want to konw"
[Thu May 11 21:43:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "If it doesn't, I may have to stab one of you"
[Thu May 11 21:43:52 2006] : (2) Lia: "Why?!"
[Thu May 11 21:44:23 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia realizes "Oh. Well, I sure hope we find something tonight"
[Thu May 11 21:44:27 2006] : (1) DM: You return to the alley.
[Thu May 11 21:45:21 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan returns to the end of the alley and waits for one of the others to knock
[Thu May 11 21:45:33 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword ready as she goes over to the wall
[Thu May 11 21:45:44 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin draws his sword and readies himself
[Thu May 11 21:45:48 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia readies her sling
[Thu May 11 21:45:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Right, me first?"
[Thu May 11 21:46:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra knocks on the wall
[Thu May 11 21:46:29 2006] : (1) DM: Nothing happens.
[Thu May 11 21:46:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ah, blast"
[Thu May 11 21:47:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra pushes at the wall
[Thu May 11 21:47:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Right, who's getting stabbed"
[Thu May 11 21:47:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps the moon has gone too far beyond the half moon"
[Thu May 11 21:47:18 2006] : (2) Lia: "What was the phrase again?"
[Thu May 11 21:47:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc has the moon reached half-moon yet DM?
[Thu May 11 21:47:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the moon is waxing and it not quite half-full yet.
[Thu May 11 21:47:54 2006] : (4) Dan: "Under the lidded eye, knock and enter"
[Thu May 11 21:48:07 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc ignore the emphasis this time
[Thu May 11 21:48:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps the moon has not yet reached half moon"
[Thu May 11 21:49:50 2006] : (2) Lia: "Well, I find it very strange.."
[Thu May 11 21:50:04 2006] : (2) Lia: ""This said, even if a door appears, there has to be another way in"
[Thu May 11 21:50:18 2006] : (2) Lia: "I cannot imagine that people would stay trapped for a month in there"
[Thu May 11 21:50:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Who cares about the moon while living in town? How could we even know the phase?"
[Thu May 11 21:50:33 2006] : (2) Lia: "or outside of there for that matter"
[Thu May 11 21:50:42 2006] : (2) Lia: "I care"
[Thu May 11 21:51:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "We have been out on the road for days"
[Thu May 11 21:51:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Well, you're not exactly someone for living in towns, now are you?"
[Thu May 11 21:51:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "Two weeks seems more likely Lia"
[Thu May 11 21:51:47 2006] : (4) Dan: "Who knows"
[Thu May 11 21:51:53 2006] : (2) Lia: "I'll say we either find a way to get in somewhere lelse"
[Thu May 11 21:51:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "I am now at a loss"
[Thu May 11 21:52:01 2006] : (2) Lia: "Or we wait another 12 days"
[Thu May 11 21:52:30 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe that Sergeant might remember what the moon was like on that night"
[Thu May 11 21:52:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "The moon has not yet reached half moon Lia"
[Thu May 11 21:52:41 2006] : (2) Lia: "I have told you"
[Thu May 11 21:52:46 2006] : (4) Dan: "we possibly need to try again tomorrow night"
[Thu May 11 21:52:49 2006] : (2) Lia: "believe me, I know my way around with the moon"
[Thu May 11 21:53:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "Not in 12 days"
[Thu May 11 21:53:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So why did we return here tonight then?"
[Thu May 11 21:53:39 2006] : (4) Dan: "I was not aware that the moon was not quite half yet"
[Thu May 11 21:53:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you think you have the right idea with the first clause. Perhaps the 2nd bears a closer scrutiny?
[Thu May 11 21:54:30 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc who's that to DM?
[Thu May 11 21:54:39 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc the baffled players :D
[Thu May 11 21:54:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu May 11 21:54:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc What delphine said ;)
[Thu May 11 21:54:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc What delphine said ;)
[Thu May 11 21:55:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmm, if the words were hidden, maybe the door that opens is also hidden"
[Thu May 11 21:55:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe we are in the wrong place"
[Thu May 11 21:55:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "I don't know"
[Thu May 11 21:55:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, maybe"
[Thu May 11 21:56:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'm no good with hidden doors. But what did the text say again, exactly?"
[Thu May 11 21:56:53 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan has a good think about the riddle, the alleyway and the moon
[Thu May 11 21:57:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "Under the lidded eye, knock and enter"
[Thu May 11 21:57:27 2006] : (4) Dan: Int check: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Thu May 11 21:57:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu May 11 21:57:56 2006] : (4) Dan: "Why is this alley that apparently serves no purpose so uncommonly clean?"
[Thu May 11 21:58:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc not giving you clues just yet ;)
[Thu May 11 21:58:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Knock. Knock where exactly?"
[Thu May 11 21:58:52 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan wanders up and down the alley knocking on the wall
[Thu May 11 21:58:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin walks up to the stone, closes his eyes, knocks on the stone and says "Enter"
[Thu May 11 21:59:23 2006] : (1) DM: Still nothing happens.
[Thu May 11 21:59:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc "Speak, friend?"
[Thu May 11 21:59:31 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin shrugs "Worth a go"
[Thu May 11 21:59:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc heh.
[Thu May 11 21:59:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc yeah :)
[Thu May 11 22:00:31 2006] : (4) Dan: "So, I come back to the fact that it's not quite half moon yet"
[Thu May 11 22:00:36 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia looks at the moon and thinks
[Thu May 11 22:01:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan throws his hands in the air in frustration
[Thu May 11 22:01:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "True, but we may as well keep trying while we are here"
[Thu May 11 22:01:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra examines the unusally clean ground (taking 20 on search, looking for anything unusual)
[Thu May 11 22:01:28 2006] : (4) Dan: Danbegins incanting
[Thu May 11 22:01:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu May 11 22:01:37 2006] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu May 11 22:01:51 2006] : (1) DM: Spellcraft check, Dan
[Thu May 11 22:01:52 2006] : (4) Dan: "What have you got to show me?"
[Thu May 11 22:02:00 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Thu May 11 22:02:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Hmmm"
[Thu May 11 22:02:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra traces some stones with her fingers
[Thu May 11 22:04:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Guys, do you see this? What could it mean?"
[Thu May 11 22:04:27 2006] : (5) Adrin: "What is it?"
[Thu May 11 22:04:44 2006] : (4) Dan: "there's definitely a doorway here"
[Thu May 11 22:04:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "The stones closer to the wall are smoother than the others, as if they're worn or something"
[Thu May 11 22:05:02 2006] : (4) Dan: "I can faintly see the outline underneath the illusion"
[Thu May 11 22:05:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "I don't understand anymore"
[Thu May 11 22:06:12 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ok, so now we are sure the wall moves to open a door"
[Thu May 11 22:06:19 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan searches for the outlines of the door
[Thu May 11 22:06:26 2006] : (4) Dan: take 20 = 27
[Thu May 11 22:07:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: After searching the ground, Aliatra now tries to feel the door under the illusion
[Thu May 11 22:07:51 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, I can see the outline of the door. It is most difficult to trace"
[Thu May 11 22:08:05 2006] : (4) Dan: "Ok, so we're still unable to open the door"
[Thu May 11 22:08:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Let me known if you want me to a) give you a week to ponder the riddle or b) spoil it tonight with an obvious hint.
[Thu May 11 22:08:43 2006] : (4) Dan: "Maybe as the moon waxes tonight it will reach the right time to try again?"
[Thu May 11 22:09:01 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc I'd like to ponder. I'm leaving tomorrow at 5.00 A, and I still haven't eaten ;)
[Thu May 11 22:09:06 2006] : (2) Lia: *am
[Thu May 11 22:09:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I hope so, this is getting tiresome"
[Thu May 11 22:09:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc call it a night, then?
[Thu May 11 22:09:50 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc OK
[Thu May 11 22:09:54 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan knocks once more
[Thu May 11 22:10:05 2006] : (1) DM: Nothing happens.
[Thu May 11 22:10:23 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia knocks and simply walks to the wall, very confident that there is a door there
[Thu May 11 22:10:44 2006] : (1) DM: Ouch! You bump into the wall.
[Thu May 11 22:10:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 11 22:11:03 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ouch!"
[Thu May 11 22:11:07 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ok, that wasn't it"
[Thu May 11 22:11:20 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END