Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 04 May 2006

[Thu May 4 19:51:22 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 4 19:51:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra is still out of it
[Thu May 4 19:51:54 2006] : (1) DM: The time is approximately 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
[Thu May 4 19:52:13 2006] : (1) DM: Ahead of you, at the end of the road you see the walls and turrents of the town of Northwatch.
[Thu May 4 19:52:30 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan halps get Ali into the town
[Thu May 4 19:52:48 2006] : (2) Adrin: "At last. It feels like weeks since I started travelling"
[Thu May 4 19:54:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Let us get Ali in, she is in need of healing"
[Thu May 4 19:54:18 2006] : (2) Adrin: "True enough."
[Thu May 4 19:54:32 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin trudges on, carrying Ali
[Thu May 4 19:54:40 2006] : (1) DM: The town gates are open and manned by a pair of bored guards, the soldiers keeping watch on the gate house look more alert.
[Thu May 4 19:55:02 2006] : (1) DM: A few farmers wagons are trundling in from the road to the east.
[Thu May 4 19:56:06 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it it just us 3 this week?
[Thu May 4 19:56:11 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Thu May 4 19:56:40 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc same as last week, with you and del on time-share :)
[Thu May 4 19:56:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just the two of you, I'm not doing a thing :P
[Thu May 4 19:57:50 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows Adrin, carrying anything that he can to help
[Thu May 4 19:58:21 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin approaches the guards
[Thu May 4 19:58:37 2006] : (1) DM: As you pass through the gates the guards pay you no heed.
[Thu May 4 19:59:13 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stops and asks...
[Thu May 4 19:59:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "Where is the nearest temple that can provide healing?"
[Thu May 4 19:59:58 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Some bed rest might be ok"
[Thu May 4 20:00:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'd prefer that she was able to help us if we meet any trouble here"
[Thu May 4 20:01:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks scornfully at the town
[Thu May 4 20:01:33 2006] : (1) Guard: "Hurr. Ain't really no proper temple here. Try the chapel of Aethelrad, 'tis below the castle on the northside o' town."
[Thu May 4 20:02:37 2006] : (1) Guard: The town itself is a mixed of fixed up and repaired stone buildings with recently tiled roofs, and some new half-timber houses.
[Thu May 4 20:02:43 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc mixture
[Thu May 4 20:03:02 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lia didn't think she was too badly hurt. Lets find and inn and see how she in in the morning"
[Thu May 4 20:03:07 2006] : (1) Guard: Just inside the gate is a small square from which a number of streets branch off.
[Thu May 4 20:03:21 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Besides, what could happen to us here?"
[Thu May 4 20:03:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "If that's what you think Adrin, I know little of wounds and healing"
[Thu May 4 20:03:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Famous last words? LOL
[Thu May 4 20:04:00 2006] : (1) Guard: Towards the north you can see the turrents of the castle looming over the town and to the west you here the calls of seagulls.
[Thu May 4 20:04:00 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks at Adrin in surprise
[Thu May 4 20:04:07 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I'm trusting Lia."
[Thu May 4 20:04:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's a pretty rough looking place"
[Thu May 4 20:04:11 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc :)
[Thu May 4 20:04:45 2006] : (2) Adrin: "You're just used to pretty moutain tops"
[Thu May 4 20:05:24 2006] : (1) Guard: Directly opposite the gate is a large half-timbered building with a wooden sign proclaiming "The Last Inn".
[Thu May 4 20:05:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "Not just mountain tops, vaulted marble halls clad with furs and thick rugs to keep out the wind"
[Thu May 4 20:05:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc What a comforting name ;)
[Thu May 4 20:06:15 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lets see what we can get in this place"
[Thu May 4 20:06:20 2006] : (1) Guard: The streets are well cobbled and mostly free of rubbish (at least in the middle -- the corners and alleys look less well kept).
[Thu May 4 20:06:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "Is that short for 'The last inn you'll ever see because your throat has been slit while you sleep'?"
[Thu May 4 20:07:17 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Well, aren't you a happy chap"
[Thu May 4 20:07:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "Sorry, but it seems a little downmarket"
[Thu May 4 20:07:54 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Do you see anywhere else?"
[Thu May 4 20:07:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "Having said that, I'm not the one lugging another person around"
[Thu May 4 20:08:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Here will be fine"
[Thu May 4 20:08:44 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Good"
[Thu May 4 20:08:53 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin heads towards the 'inn'
[Thu May 4 20:09:19 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc why the quotes?
[Thu May 4 20:09:38 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc just being funny :)
[Thu May 4 20:09:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows Adrin, keeping an eye out for villains following him
[Thu May 4 20:10:16 2006] : (1) DM: Walking the streets are ordinary people going about their business, and the occasional strolling pair of watchmen.
[Thu May 4 20:10:45 2006] : (1) DM: You push open the door to the inn...
[Thu May 4 20:11:46 2006] : (3) Dan: "I wonder if we'll ever enter a settlement without you carrying another person in?"
[Thu May 4 20:12:16 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I dearly hope so"
[Thu May 4 20:12:33 2006] : (1) Johann: "Welcome, to the Last Inn, travellers!" Booms a jovial voice as you enter.
[Thu May 4 20:12:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we go in then?"
[Thu May 4 20:13:05 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin smiles at the voice
[Thu May 4 20:14:00 2006] : (1) Johann: "Ahhh... You look like adventurers, come in! come in! Used to do a bit of adventuring, myself, Long time ago now. Ahhh. Good times those."
[Thu May 4 20:14:30 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Today was bad. We need a room or two"
[Thu May 4 20:15:14 2006] : (1) Johann: Beckoning you inside is the innkeeper, a rotund, older man with white hair and a huge, jolly, welcoming smile on his face.
[Thu May 4 20:15:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc rotund???
[Thu May 4 20:15:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands and listens to the 'banter' with an interested look on his face
[Thu May 4 20:15:53 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc fat but in a polite jolly way, Like Santa Claus.
[Thu May 4 20:15:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra just lies there, still and pale
[Thu May 4 20:15:58 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc fat
[Thu May 4 20:16:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc ty, I thought it was something like that, but I wasn;t sure :)
[Thu May 4 20:16:48 2006] : (1) Johann: "Rooms we have! How many would you like? We have a choice of rooms available at the moment."
[Thu May 4 20:17:12 2006] : (1) Johann: "Fancy a view out onto the square? Or some tucked away at the back overlooking the stables?"
[Thu May 4 20:17:59 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Anywhere that can fit all three of us? I dont want to leave our friend alone while she is injured"
[Thu May 4 20:18:33 2006] : (1) Johann: Inside the inn itself are a few other patrons, merchants discussing business, some adventuring types passing the time over a pint."
[Thu May 4 20:19:09 2006] : (1) Johann: "A room or three? Right you are then."
[Thu May 4 20:19:32 2006] : (2) Adrin: "That ok Dan?"
[Thu May 4 20:19:36 2006] : (1) Johann: He scrabbles around behind the bar for a bit before presenting an iron key.
[Thu May 4 20:19:47 2006] : (3) Dan: "Umm, yes"
[Thu May 4 20:20:10 2006] : (1) Johann: "Up the stairs, round the corner, up again and it's the 1st on the left."
[Thu May 4 20:20:39 2006] : (1) Johann: "...And that'll be 6 gold pieces for the night."
[Thu May 4 20:20:47 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Thanks" Adrin takes the key and hands it to Dan "I have enough to carry"
[Thu May 4 20:21:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Six gold pieces for one room?"
[Thu May 4 20:21:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "Do we look like lords?"
[Thu May 4 20:21:32 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Yeah, that sounds a bit steep"
[Thu May 4 20:22:40 2006] : (1) Johann: "It's one of the best rooms in the inn! And I'm afraid I don't do discounts for the injured, wouldn't make any money otherwise." He chuckles.
[Thu May 4 20:23:03 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Haven't you got anything a bit cheaper?"
[Thu May 4 20:23:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "For that price I'd expect a princely suite"
[Thu May 4 20:23:11 2006] : (1) Johann: In the corner a bard strikes up a short tune on a small lap harp before stopping for some quick tuning.
[Thu May 4 20:23:27 2006] : (3) Dan: "I doubt any room in thisplace is worth 6 gold per night"
[Thu May 4 20:24:11 2006] : (2) Adrin: "How much for two smaller rooms?"
[Thu May 4 20:24:15 2006] : (1) Johann: Johann is developing a small frown.
[Thu May 4 20:24:46 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc someone tell me which skill it is for haggling!
[Thu May 4 20:25:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Diplomacy of Bluff?
[Thu May 4 20:25:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "We'll give you 3 for the room, no more"
[Thu May 4 20:25:09 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc its gonna be cha based I bet :/
[Thu May 4 20:25:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc diplomacy sounds most likely
[Thu May 4 20:25:50 2006] : (2) Adrin: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [15,-1] = (14)
[Thu May 4 20:25:59 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc also exactly how many hundreds of gold did you loot from the bandits, you misers ;)
[Thu May 4 20:26:24 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 2gp is the standard price for a good room,and I'm still 1st level
[Thu May 4 20:26:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc They need money for me, in case I'm not better in the morning :P)
[Thu May 4 20:26:42 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc hmm, I mustn't have written that down all that gold :/
[Thu May 4 20:26:54 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc well I'm not rooting around in your pockets"
[Thu May 4 20:27:52 2006] : (1) Johann: "You could have two attic rooms for 3 gold pieces, if that's what you wish."
[Thu May 4 20:28:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think perhaps we should look elsewhere Adrin"
[Thu May 4 20:28:50 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Dan, I'm not carrying Ali any further!"
[Thu May 4 20:28:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "This place obviously catches unwary and weary travellers and charges more than double the going rate"
[Thu May 4 20:29:52 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc did the town look like it would have more than one inn?
[Thu May 4 20:30:13 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc with this inn being a good inn, 2 gp per person (as per the standard) seems reasonable to me. *shrug*
[Thu May 4 20:30:32 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc the town is large enough to have more than one inn, yes.
[Thu May 4 20:31:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Pay the man already, before I'm being dropped on the floor!
[Thu May 4 20:31:22 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc but poor 1st levellers like use wouldn't go to a good inn - 2 gp is a lot to me, it's 1/25th of all I have
[Thu May 4 20:31:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "If you insist on staying here Adrin, then I guess that I have no chice"
[Thu May 4 20:32:14 2006] : (3) Dan: "I just think it's a bit out of our price range"
[Thu May 4 20:33:16 2006] : (2) Adrin: "We've been out in the wilds for ages. Surely you'd like a nice bed for a night"
[Thu May 4 20:33:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "I surely would, but I'll never scribe any new spells at this rate, at 100gp per page it's my biggest outlay"
[Thu May 4 20:34:17 2006] : (3) Dan: "And I can't even afford to do one of them yet"
[Thu May 4 20:34:30 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Well lets see if we can get some work"
[Thu May 4 20:34:39 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan takes out 1gp and hands it to Dan
[Thu May 4 20:34:45 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc err, Adrin
[Thu May 4 20:35:18 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin adds it to the 2 gp he has and hands it over
[Thu May 4 20:35:38 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, let us go. This bed had better be good!"
[Thu May 4 20:36:02 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan picks up Ali's loose gear
[Thu May 4 20:36:07 2006] : (1) Johann: Johann swaps the keys and gestures to the stairs. "Up you go, top floor, the two rooms of the far right."
[Thu May 4 20:36:22 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Cheers"
[Thu May 4 20:37:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sweeps up the stairs with all the haughtiness he can muster
[Thu May 4 20:37:56 2006] : (1) Johann: ooc which sounds like a fair bit ;)
[Thu May 4 20:38:07 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu May 4 20:38:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yup :D
[Thu May 4 20:38:47 2006] : (1) DM: You climb to the top floor of this three story building and locate you rooms.
[Thu May 4 20:39:54 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan helps Adrin get Ali onto her bed
[Thu May 4 20:40:13 2006] : (1) DM: The rooms are cleans and furnished with simple but well made furniture. Cut flowers stand in vases on the dressers and the large windows, their shutters open wide overlook the stable yard at the back and provide a good view of the castle.
[Thu May 4 20:40:32 2006] : (1) DM: The floors are covered with an assortment of colourful rugs.
[Thu May 4 20:40:49 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Not bad, eh?"
[Thu May 4 20:41:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I wish I was awake to enjoy it :D
[Thu May 4 20:41:33 2006] : (3) Dan: "It seems acceptable, maybe, for the price"
[Thu May 4 20:41:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "I will admit that it beats my bedroll"
[Thu May 4 20:42:10 2006] : (2) Adrin: "So, you're saying I was right?"
[Thu May 4 20:42:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm saying that the room is acceptable, no more"
[Thu May 4 20:43:02 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc except for the bedrool bit ;)
[Thu May 4 20:43:42 2006] : (3) Dan: "Do you think Ali will recover overnight then?"
[Thu May 4 20:44:09 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lia seemed to think so"
[Thu May 4 20:44:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc how many HP are you on Ali?
[Thu May 4 20:44:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc -1
[Thu May 4 20:45:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yeah, but she'll be as weak as a kitten in the morning.
[Thu May 4 20:45:41 2006] : (2) Adrin: "If she's no better tomorrow, we'll try and find that place the guard mentioned"
[Thu May 4 20:45:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc In the morning I'll have my new hp :D
[Thu May 4 20:45:54 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK"
[Thu May 4 20:46:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "So what happened while I was at the privy before?"
[Thu May 4 20:46:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "You were set upon by a bunch of goblins?"
[Thu May 4 20:46:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't know how I failed to hear it"
[Thu May 4 20:47:02 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Yeah, one kept summoning these big rats using a strange stone"
[Thu May 4 20:47:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hmm, can I look at it?"
[Thu May 4 20:47:41 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin gets it from the 'party loot' bag
[Thu May 4 20:47:59 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'd suggest spending the rest of the relaxing and leaving the serious discussion for when the remaing 33% of the party is concious.
[Thu May 4 20:48:08 2006] : (3) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item.
[Thu May 4 20:48:31 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Hmm Lia said their bite could carry disease. Maybe we should get that checked too"
[Thu May 4 20:48:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra sleeps on, her colour improving with every passing hour
[Thu May 4 20:49:06 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan examines the stone before retiring to what he hopes is a soft and downy bed
[Thu May 4 20:49:36 2006] : (3) Dan: ZZZZzzzzZZZzzz
[Thu May 4 20:50:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc wanted to use the spell today
[Thu May 4 20:50:26 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin gives Ali one final check before copying Dan
[Thu May 4 20:53:11 2006] : (1) DM: You awaken in the morning to the bustle of the townsfolk going about their business.
[Thu May 4 20:53:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: As Aliatra wakes up she's confused, bewildered and still in pain
[Thu May 4 20:53:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan is up early and quietly reading his and the new spellbook
[Thu May 4 20:54:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks to the window and looks out
[Thu May 4 20:54:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What happened? Where are we? Did we kill them all?"
[Thu May 4 20:54:32 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Hey, good to see you awake"
[Thu May 4 20:54:50 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc you're in rivendell and it's the 15th of September
[Thu May 4 20:54:54 2006] : (2) Adrin: "We got them all apart from the one who ran off"
[Thu May 4 20:55:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "Sounds like you had a bad time of it"
[Thu May 4 20:55:37 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Turns out the town guard were on the hunt for them."
[Thu May 4 20:55:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "Adrin carried you here"
[Thu May 4 20:56:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "And here is Northwatch"
[Thu May 4 20:56:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "More specifically 'The last inn'"
[Thu May 4 20:56:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You carried me Adrin? All by yrouself?"
[Thu May 4 20:57:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I don't know what to say, except Thank you"
[Thu May 4 20:57:56 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lia helped, and she patched you up herself"
[Thu May 4 20:58:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How badly was I hurt? I mjust say I'm feeling better than I could have expected"
[Thu May 4 20:58:51 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I've no idea. Lia seemed to know what she was doing though"
[Thu May 4 20:59:52 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Actually, were you bitten by any of those foul rats?"
[Thu May 4 21:00:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I seem to remember I was. Why?"
[Thu May 4 21:00:58 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lia said they carried diseases that could be passed on by bites"
[Thu May 4 21:01:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So how do we know whether we're infected or not?"
[Thu May 4 21:02:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "If you turn into a rat, then it got you"
[Thu May 4 21:02:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Thu May 4 21:02:22 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands with a straight face
[Thu May 4 21:02:28 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I dont know. There is a chapel across town that might have healers who would know"
[Thu May 4 21:02:45 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ok, you called my bluff, I never was much good at it"
[Thu May 4 21:02:46 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I didn't see you getting bitten"
[Thu May 4 21:02:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How does my nose look? And do my ears twitch yet?"
[Thu May 4 21:03:04 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc (to dan)
[Thu May 4 21:03:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan ingnores the comment
[Thu May 4 21:04:29 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Are you fit to walk Ali?"
[Thu May 4 21:05:09 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu May 4 21:05:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, I feel great"
[Thu May 4 21:06:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "But next time I want to heal up first before getting into another fight"
[Thu May 4 21:06:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "I found out what the goblin was using to summon the rats"
[Thu May 4 21:07:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do tell. Did he use that stone?"
[Thu May 4 21:07:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "It was this stone. Using arcane forces it summons creatures into the world, much as you have seen me do"
[Thu May 4 21:08:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Can you use that stone as well? That might come in handy"
[Thu May 4 21:09:17 2006] : (3) Dan: "I believe that I can"
[Thu May 4 21:09:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Or we could sell it on, and split the money"
[Thu May 4 21:09:50 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu May 4 21:10:50 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc how much of the goblin stuff did we bring with us?
[Thu May 4 21:11:04 2006] : (3) Dan: "Although I'm not sure that we'd get much for it as it only has 6 charges remaining"
[Thu May 4 21:11:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nothing apart from the gems, I thought
[Thu May 4 21:11:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc all??
[Thu May 4 21:11:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I assume you didn't bring any of it except the two gems.
[Thu May 4 21:11:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'd have carried some
[Thu May 4 21:11:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it was all goblin sized and nearly worthless.
[Thu May 4 21:12:02 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ah, ok
[Thu May 4 21:12:25 2006] : (2) Adrin: "If you can use it then hang on to it"
[Thu May 4 21:12:53 2006] : (2) Adrin: "What about the other gem?"
[Thu May 4 21:13:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, I'll also try to discover a few new creatures to summon. My badger summoning dod not go too well in the crypt the other day"
[Thu May 4 21:13:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Which one?"
[Thu May 4 21:13:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc is anyone wearing the breatplate?
[Thu May 4 21:14:10 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Hang on, there were two other gems, weren't there?"
[Thu May 4 21:14:13 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc not me
[Thu May 4 21:14:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Thu May 4 21:14:53 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin fishes for them in his backpack
[Thu May 4 21:15:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Gems? Where did those come from"
[Thu May 4 21:15:21 2006] : (2) Adrin: "the head goblin had them"
[Thu May 4 21:15:30 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks at them in wonder
[Thu May 4 21:15:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks around
[Thu May 4 21:15:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Why would a goblin have such lovely gems?"
[Thu May 4 21:15:46 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin holds out a deep blue gem and a light purple gem
[Thu May 4 21:15:54 2006] : (3) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu May 4 21:15:57 2006] : (3) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu May 4 21:16:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Where did that breastplate go to? Do you think it might be better than my scale mail?"
[Thu May 4 21:16:39 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Well, they were set up to ambush people on the road, so they probably stole them from people they attacked"
[Thu May 4 21:17:14 2006] : (2) Adrin: "The captain said they had been part of a larger group who ran off when guards attacked"
[Thu May 4 21:17:22 2006] : (3) Dan: "It seemed magical, although I could not discern in what way. It seemed to be some older, or deeper kind of magic"
[Thu May 4 21:17:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Dangerous?"
[Thu May 4 21:17:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'd cautiously suggest that you try it and see how it feels"
[Thu May 4 21:17:44 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Didn't Lia take it?"
[Thu May 4 21:18:46 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc just checked logs - she didn't
[Thu May 4 21:18:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "This blue gem seems really quite valuable - 600 gold. The purple one less so, at 90 gold"
[Thu May 4 21:19:13 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Wow!"
[Thu May 4 21:19:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Me getting hurt like that isn't good, so I think I'll risk the magic"
[Thu May 4 21:19:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess Car is getting the spearhead set while he's here too"
[Thu May 4 21:19:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "600? Do you think we could sell it for that?"
[Thu May 4 21:19:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "I agree, cursed items are so unusuall that it's worth the risk"
[Thu May 4 21:20:11 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc more famous last words :)
[Thu May 4 21:20:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed I do think that we can sell them, and I'm sure that there will be buyers here. The blue one is a Blue spinel, we have them in some of the lodes in the mountains"
[Thu May 4 21:21:04 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Shall we venture out and see if we can sell these gems?"
[Thu May 4 21:21:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "Of course we employ dwarves to extract them. Mining is not our fort"
[Thu May 4 21:21:40 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed Adrin"
[Thu May 4 21:22:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "The purple gem is an amethyst, but a particularly fine example"
[Thu May 4 21:22:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra dons her new breastplate before going down for breakfast
[Thu May 4 21:22:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How much do I need to pay for the room?"
[Thu May 4 21:23:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc asking who?
[Thu May 4 21:23:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc us I assume
[Thu May 4 21:23:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc The others
[Thu May 4 21:23:42 2006] : (3) Dan: "Adrin paid for your share"
[Thu May 4 21:23:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How much was that, Adrin?"
[Thu May 4 21:24:00 2006] : (2) Adrin: "1gp if you have it. I hate to ask"
[Thu May 4 21:24:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "By all means, I always pay my debts"
[Thu May 4 21:24:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra hands Adrin 1gp
[Thu May 4 21:24:46 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Dan thought the rooms were a bit expensive, but to be honest I was ready to sleep where i fell"
[Thu May 4 21:26:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we venture forth then?"
[Thu May 4 21:26:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We'll have money soon anyway"
[Thu May 4 21:26:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "I will be able to scribe a new spell"
[Thu May 4 21:27:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do you know of one to scribe? And what good will scribing do?"
[Thu May 4 21:28:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have two new ones to scribe, until I scribe them, I cannot use them"
[Thu May 4 21:28:36 2006] : (2) Adrin: "The guards we met told us to talk to their captain. Reckoned he might reward us for killing those goblins."
[Thu May 4 21:28:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "One of them could prove very useful, it enables me to comprehend all languages for a short period"
[Thu May 4 21:28:50 2006] : (2) Adrin: "We'll be rich!"
[Thu May 4 21:29:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Until we spend it all again"
[Thu May 4 21:29:18 2006] : (3) Dan: "You'd be amazed how quickly writing spells uses up my money"
[Thu May 4 21:29:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So let's see about a reward and selling thiose gems. I need a new sword"
[Thu May 4 21:30:51 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan is ready to go, having been up for hours
[Thu May 4 21:30:59 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Lets go then"
[Thu May 4 21:31:22 2006] : (1) DM: The shops in Northwatch are clustered together on the street between the south gate and the castle.
[Thu May 4 21:31:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes'let's"
[Thu May 4 21:31:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "Perhaps we can break our fast in a colouful local hostelry. I don't imagine that this place offers good value for money"
[Thu May 4 21:32:27 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc "You talk funny" ;)
[Thu May 4 21:33:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc He's such a cheapskate :(
[Thu May 4 21:33:27 2006] : (1) DM: There's a smithy dealing in weapons and armour as well as more mundane items, a goods store, a tailors, a jewelery and gem dealer, and a curious shop tucked away in a corner which you're not sure what it sells.
[Thu May 4 21:33:55 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc is it a Convenient Plot Device shop? :)
[Thu May 4 21:33:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "Adrin, you are the most imposing, perhaps you should try to sell the gems for us."
[Thu May 4 21:34:23 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc read that as ' a curious tuck shop' ;)
[Thu May 4 21:34:34 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Well, I'll give it a go"
[Thu May 4 21:35:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "We'll all come too, but you know the prices. maybe they won't try to rip you off"
[Thu May 4 21:35:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra buys herself a new greatsword
[Thu May 4 21:35:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc do gems sell for the same 50% as other goods? Or is the percentage higher?
[Thu May 4 21:35:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc they sell at face value
[Thu May 4 21:35:45 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin enters the Gem shop
[Thu May 4 21:35:49 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc they are essentially currency
[Thu May 4 21:35:59 2006] : (1) DM: As Aliatra enters Katja Alexia's Weapons and Armour.
[Thu May 4 21:36:26 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we'll all stick with Ali to start
[Thu May 4 21:36:31 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc ok
[Thu May 4 21:36:49 2006] : (1) Katja: "Welcome to my smithy traveller.. oh my... that is a fine suit of armour you have there!"
[Thu May 4 21:37:05 2006] : (1) Katja: "May I take a closer look, if you don't mind?"
[Thu May 4 21:37:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, I like it. I would like to sell a longsword and some scale mail and purchase a greatsword"
[Thu May 4 21:37:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You can look, if you must"
[Thu May 4 21:38:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan watches Katja
[Thu May 4 21:38:39 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin walks around, examining Katja's wares
[Thu May 4 21:38:42 2006] : (1) Katja: Katja appears somewhat distracted is she tries to get a closer look at the breastplate. "Uh, yes, yes... Where did you find breastplate? It is of most unusual appearance?"
[Thu May 4 21:38:51 2006] : (1) Katja: She seems most intruiged.
[Thu May 4 21:39:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ali, I'll take the longsword if you don't want it"
[Thu May 4 21:39:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Be my guest, Dan"
[Thu May 4 21:39:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ""
[Thu May 4 21:39:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have learned that having a slashing and a bludgeoning weapon to hand is useful"
[Thu May 4 21:40:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We ... found this armour on a dead person"
[Thu May 4 21:40:02 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'd suggest that we all have both"
[Thu May 4 21:40:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan takes the longsword
[Thu May 4 21:40:35 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Not a bad idea Dan"
[Thu May 4 21:40:42 2006] : (1) Katja: "Yes...?" Katja appears to be waiting for a more complete explaination.
[Thu May 4 21:40:44 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin looks about for something
[Thu May 4 21:41:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We killed some bad guys and one of them was wearing this and since it seems to fit me perfectly ..."
[Thu May 4 21:41:59 2006] : (1) Katja: "A magical suit of armour? Not seem the like before though."
[Thu May 4 21:42:32 2006] : (1) Katja: "The metalwork is exquiste and appears to be done in a manner unknown to myself."
[Thu May 4 21:42:57 2006] : (1) Katja: "Though I admit I don't see many magical items all the way up north here."
[Thu May 4 21:43:18 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin spies a serviceable Greatclub and tries a few swings
[Thu May 4 21:43:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "I was quite unable to discern the magical properties. It doesn't conform to any of the magics that I have studied"
[Thu May 4 21:43:33 2006] : (2) Adrin: "This'll squish things nicely"
[Thu May 4 21:44:14 2006] : (1) Katja: "Really? I don't suppose you'd consider parting with it?"
[Thu May 4 21:44:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Thu May 4 21:44:42 2006] : (1) Katja: "I would very much like to study the metallurgy."
[Thu May 4 21:44:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Not until we have ascertained its properties"
[Thu May 4 21:45:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Only then would we know its true value"
[Thu May 4 21:45:39 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc are we keeping a party fund?
[Thu May 4 21:45:42 2006] : (1) Katja: "Oh of course. But, please, keep me informed of any discoveries you make. It's a most facinating piece."
[Thu May 4 21:45:58 2006] : (1) Katja: "Now, what were you looking for purchase...?"
[Thu May 4 21:46:11 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc there's something like 10gp in it
[Thu May 4 21:46:12 2006] : (1) Katja: Katja handles any transactions you wish to make.
[Thu May 4 21:46:22 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin buys the greatclub for 5gp
[Thu May 4 21:46:38 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Loot
[Thu May 4 21:46:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a greatsword and a flail
[Thu May 4 21:47:47 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc we got 22sp from the goblins
[Thu May 4 21:47:49 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sells the chainmail
[Thu May 4 21:48:15 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 75gp
[Thu May 4 21:49:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc 22sp each?
[Thu May 4 21:49:10 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc loot page updated with sp and gp
[Thu May 4 21:49:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we sell the gems before we divide the money"
[Thu May 4 21:49:41 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc 22 total.
[Thu May 4 21:49:42 2006] : (3) Dan: ?
[Thu May 4 21:50:00 2006] : (2) Adrin: "It'd make sense"
[Thu May 4 21:50:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Then we know what more we can spend"
[Thu May 4 21:50:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Goodbye Katja, if we are back this way and we have more information, we will call again."
[Thu May 4 21:51:56 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin leaves and heads for the gem shop
[Thu May 4 21:51:56 2006] : (1) Katja: Gem store next?
[Thu May 4 21:52:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "Then there is the reward for the goblins, and possibly for the zombies and skeletobs"
[Thu May 4 21:52:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yep
[Thu May 4 21:52:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan lets Adrin be imposing with is new club
[Thu May 4 21:53:14 2006] : (1) DM: The gem merchant offers 450 for the blue spinel and 95 for the amethyst.
[Thu May 4 21:54:02 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin tries to haggle for 550 for the blue
[Thu May 4 21:54:23 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc is there a haggle skill?
[Thu May 4 21:54:32 2006] : (1) DM: Bluff or diplomacy roll. Your choice.
[Thu May 4 21:54:48 2006] : (2) Adrin: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [2,-1] = (1)
[Thu May 4 21:54:55 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc doh
[Thu May 4 21:54:57 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc nice ;)
[Thu May 4 21:55:28 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc do we have a charismatic player? I'm average
[Thu May 4 21:55:31 2006] : (1) DM: The gem deal points out numerous inperceptible flaws in the gem and insists on going no higher than 450.
[Thu May 4 21:55:42 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'd have gone for intimidate personally
[Thu May 4 21:56:06 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc all 3 rolls are CHA, with no points spent
[Thu May 4 21:56:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc oh yeah
[Thu May 4 21:56:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are you trying to rip us off?"
[Thu May 4 21:56:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks menacingly at the merchant
[Thu May 4 21:56:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu May 4 21:57:07 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc now thats a better roll
[Thu May 4 21:57:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We just want a reasonable, fair price"
[Thu May 4 21:57:30 2006] : (1) DM: 475 and that's the dealers final offer.
[Thu May 4 21:57:42 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Done"
[Thu May 4 21:58:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sorry. I meant 500 gp for the blue spinel.
[Thu May 4 21:58:43 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc 595 total?
[Thu May 4 21:58:43 2006] : (1) DM: The dealer counts out (carefully!) 595 gold pieces and hands them over in exchange for the two gems.
[Thu May 4 21:59:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Thank you, it was a pleasure doing business with you"
[Thu May 4 21:59:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "A pleasure doing business with you"
[Thu May 4 21:59:24 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan exits the shop
[Thu May 4 21:59:49 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin tips his non-existent hat as he leaves
[Thu May 4 22:00:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well done Ali. Of course it's possible either way that I was incorrect in my valuation, or that he was really trying to, and still succeedes in ripping us off"
[Thu May 4 22:00:53 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Yeah, you scared him good."
[Thu May 4 22:01:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "So do we now go to the guard house?"
[Thu May 4 22:01:49 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Yep"
[Thu May 4 22:02:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yeah, I wonder if I shouldn't have waited with buying my new sword. I might be able to afford something better now"
[Thu May 4 22:03:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Maybe he'll refund you full price as you just bought it, if you are spending more?"
[Thu May 4 22:03:19 2006] : (2) Adrin: "We'll try and find a handy trapdoor for you to break it on and then you can buy another"
[Thu May 4 22:03:42 2006] : (3) Dan: "Provided that it has no nicks"
[Thu May 4 22:04:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hah, bloody hah"
[Thu May 4 22:04:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Katja would do that provided you haven't used the sword.
[Thu May 4 22:04:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find the guard"
[Thu May 4 22:04:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "take the longsword back for now, don't use the new sword"
[Thu May 4 22:04:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I would think so as well
[Thu May 4 22:05:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That's an idea, are you sure you won't need it right away?"
[Thu May 4 22:05:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hand to hand fighting is my last resort"
[Thu May 4 22:05:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "I still have my staff"
[Thu May 4 22:06:24 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan passes the sword and starts walking an looking
[Thu May 4 22:06:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the longsword
[Thu May 4 22:06:32 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan passes the sword and starts walking and looking
[Thu May 4 22:06:39 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin approaches one of the guards
[Thu May 4 22:06:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks beside him
[Thu May 4 22:07:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Will we be sparring today again?"
[Thu May 4 22:07:39 2006] : (1) Watchman: A pair of watchmen stroll down the street
[Thu May 4 22:08:05 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Excuse me, guard"
[Thu May 4 22:08:35 2006] : (2) Adrin: "How would we get to speak to your Captain?"
[Thu May 4 22:08:50 2006] : (1) Watchman: These watchmen are armoured differently to the mounted soldiers you encountered differently and they merely have small shield broches with the yellow tower on a field of black.
[Thu May 4 22:09:06 2006] : (1) Watchman: ooc encountered before. Gah.
[Thu May 4 22:09:35 2006] : (2) Adrin: rephrase then "How would we get to speak to the Captain of the guards?"
[Thu May 4 22:10:08 2006] : (1) Watchman: "Guards? Oh, you mean the baron's warband?"
[Thu May 4 22:10:27 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Warband?"
[Thu May 4 22:11:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What warband would that be?"
[Thu May 4 22:11:40 2006] : (1) Watchman: "You'll find Captain Etzel in the castle most like." the watchman looks you up and down. "Won't see the likes of you without good reason. Got no time to be seeing you adventuring types."
[Thu May 4 22:12:03 2006] : (2) Adrin: "We'll see. Thanks"
[Thu May 4 22:12:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And who or what do you represent, sir?"
[Thu May 4 22:12:37 2006] : (1) Watchman: The watchman explains the warband refers to the baron's personal army used to defend the borders against raids and the like.
[Thu May 4 22:13:15 2006] : (1) Watchman: The watch are just concerned with the day-to-day peace of the town itself. Breaking up brawls, catching thieves and investigating murders.
[Thu May 4 22:13:34 2006] : (1) Watchman: Though murders don't happen on a day-to-day basis, of course.
[Thu May 4 22:14:10 2006] : (3) Dan: "So we're heading to the castle?"
[Thu May 4 22:14:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wouldn't expect that here, no"
[Thu May 4 22:14:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks around for the castle
[Thu May 4 22:14:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I don't know, I never saw those people"
[Thu May 4 22:15:37 2006] : (1) Watchman: The castle is to the northwest and stands on a rock above the town.
[Thu May 4 22:15:47 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Maybe we should drop by the chapel in case those rats have given us something"
[Thu May 4 22:16:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Is it my understanding of English that when I hear the word "warband" I get negative associations?
[Thu May 4 22:16:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu May 4 22:16:16 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc no, same here
[Thu May 4 22:16:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I feel fine, let's not spend our money until we have to"
[Thu May 4 22:17:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think it has a sort of celtic feel.
[Thu May 4 22:17:45 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Ok, but if I fall sick I expect you to carry me" Adrin smiles
[Thu May 4 22:18:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Don't worry, I will"
[Thu May 4 22:19:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc warband is supposed to indicate the soldiers swear fealty to their local lord rather than the king.
[Thu May 4 22:20:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc To me it sounds like something almost like raiders
[Thu May 4 22:21:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we head over there then?"
[Thu May 4 22:21:58 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Aye"
[Thu May 4 22:21:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks towards the castle
[Thu May 4 22:22:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "No time like the present, or so they say"
[Thu May 4 22:22:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I can use the term "The Baron's personal army" instead of the "the Baron's warband" if people prefer.
[Thu May 4 22:22:58 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc not bothered, but warband.org is a slightly scary site :)
[Thu May 4 22:23:34 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc now we know, it's no problem
[Thu May 4 22:23:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Warband is fine, I just wanted to clear up my misperception
[Thu May 4 22:24:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think it worth noting that the various lords of this kingdom have a far amount of independance for the king and are not beneath feuding with their neighbours.
[Thu May 4 22:25:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Ouch. Spelling is bad :(
[Thu May 4 22:25:30 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc meh
[Thu May 4 22:25:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Not just your spelling either
[Thu May 4 22:26:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc anyway...
[Thu May 4 22:26:56 2006] : (1) DM: The soldiers at the castle gates bar the way and ask you business inside.
[Thu May 4 22:27:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Where is the captain of the guard that was aftewr the goblins yesterday?"
[Thu May 4 22:28:19 2006] : (2) Adrin: "I think his name was Jorick. He told us we might get a reward for killing the goblins"
[Thu May 4 22:28:32 2006] : (1) Soldier: "We killed the buggers yesterday, so any news you've got is old news."
[Thu May 4 22:29:04 2006] : (2) Adrin: "You didn't get all of them."
[Thu May 4 22:29:27 2006] : (1) Soldier: "Oh aye?" The soldier shrugs.
[Thu May 4 22:29:54 2006] : (3) Dan: "Plus we are fresh from foling a plot against..."
[Thu May 4 22:30:03 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc umm, hamlet name??
[Thu May 4 22:30:36 2006] : (1) Soldier: "But if Jorick send you in you go." She jerks her thumb behind her, "You'll find him in the practice yard giving the recruits a workout."
[Thu May 4 22:31:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan walks in the direction of the thumb
[Thu May 4 22:31:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I would like to see that"
[Thu May 4 22:31:20 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Thanks"
[Thu May 4 22:31:44 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc what was the hamlet on the causeway's name?
[Thu May 4 22:31:58 2006] : (1) Soldier: ooc I don't think I gave it a name.
[Thu May 4 22:33:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It was too tiny to have a name, it just got an "a"
[Thu May 4 22:33:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ok
[Thu May 4 22:33:26 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc the fort on the causeway
[Thu May 4 22:33:59 2006] : (1) Soldier: You enter the castle through the gateway which is cunning constructed to turn you to the right past numerous arrow slits before turning beneath a portculis and into the main castle ward.
[Thu May 4 22:34:27 2006] : (1) DM: I meant left.
[Thu May 4 22:34:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra studies the architecture of the place
[Thu May 4 22:34:47 2006] : (1) DM: To expose your unshielded side.
[Thu May 4 22:34:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc knowledge: Architecture roll.
[Thu May 4 22:35:16 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan doesn't notice such things
[Thu May 4 22:35:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just looking, I don't know anything about it :)
[Thu May 4 22:36:04 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc any left-handed people? ;)
[Thu May 4 22:36:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc On stairways they expose the shieldarm of the intruder, thereby rendering his swordarm useless
[Thu May 4 22:36:20 2006] : (1) DM: On the right side of the ward behind the stables are about a dozen people sparring with wooden sword.
[Thu May 4 22:37:02 2006] : (1) DM: A man stands to one side shouting abuse and occasional encouragement to the recruits.
[Thu May 4 22:37:41 2006] : (2) Adrin: "There he is"
[Thu May 4 22:38:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Would you really think so?"
[Thu May 4 22:38:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the recruits and shakes her head at their efforts
[Thu May 4 22:39:28 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin tries to get Joricks attention
[Thu May 4 22:39:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the captain is called Etzel.
[Thu May 4 22:40:29 2006] : (2) Adrin: ooc ahhh, I though it was jorick doing the training
[Thu May 4 22:41:08 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I thought so too
[Thu May 4 22:42:14 2006] : (1) DM: Anyway, you attract Etzel's attention who turns and glares at you.
[Thu May 4 22:42:34 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Yes?"
[Thu May 4 22:42:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra glares back
[Thu May 4 22:43:11 2006] : (2) Adrin: Hi. We, umm heard there might be a reward for killing some goblins and helping the causeway fort"
[Thu May 4 22:44:35 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "You must be the crew Jorick reported about. Killed a group of goblins that tried to evade one or patrols. Good work."
[Thu May 4 22:44:58 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Yeah, thats us"
[Thu May 4 22:45:23 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "The reward is 25 gp per head. So here's 100 gold pieces owed."
[Thu May 4 22:45:24 2006] : (2) Adrin: "One of them ran, but we got the rest"
[Thu May 4 22:45:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We also killed and captured some bandits that used undead to kill and rob travellers"
[Thu May 4 22:46:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "And attack the hamlet on the causeway with zombies and stirges"
[Thu May 4 22:46:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Captured the survivors, that is"
[Thu May 4 22:46:09 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Commendable but there's no open reward on any bandits."
[Thu May 4 22:47:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, should any be made for these bandits, we're the claimants"
[Thu May 4 22:47:06 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Ah well. Any other bounties and such we should know about?"
[Thu May 4 22:48:47 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "We don't have standing bounties for goblins only for raiding parties that evade the Line. But we do have reports of a band massing close to the Line, lead by a goblin of unusual cunning."
[Thu May 4 22:49:06 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "There's a bounty of 500 gold for this leaders head."
[Thu May 4 22:49:26 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Really? Where is this 'Line'?"
[Thu May 4 22:49:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "500gp? Tha's a lot of money"
[Thu May 4 22:50:15 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "New to these parts? The Line is the northern border. It's a line of forts of earthworks, nothing but trees and goblins to the north."
[Thu May 4 22:51:22 2006] : (3) Dan: "I hope that bounty is ours then"
[Thu May 4 22:51:22 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Other than than this goblin leaders I think the watch is looking for a murders and thief. Nothing to do with us mind you. That's all watch business."
[Thu May 4 22:51:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are there rewards for them as well?"
[Thu May 4 22:52:09 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Like I said, that's watch business."
[Thu May 4 22:52:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc This looks like the most mercenary party we've ever played
[Thu May 4 22:52:51 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Well, Thanks Captain. Maybe we'll see you soon"
[Thu May 4 22:54:01 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: "Bring that sly bastards ugly head with you when you return."
[Thu May 4 22:54:36 2006] : (2) Adrin: "Heh, with a bit of luck"
[Thu May 4 22:55:04 2006] : (2) Adrin: Adrin heads back out
[Thu May 4 22:55:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ok, where to now?"
[Thu May 4 22:55:17 2006] : (1) Captain Etzel: GAME END