Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 20 April 2006

[Thu Apr 20 19:33:56 2006] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Thu Apr 20 19:34:40 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan goes to the hut on returning to the village and studies the spellbook for a while
[Thu Apr 20 19:35:00 2006] : (1) Dan: "Aha! I see... Yes."
[Thu Apr 20 19:35:14 2006] : (1) Dan: "Hmm, err nope..."
[Thu Apr 20 19:35:28 2006] : (1) Dan: mumble mumble
[Thu Apr 20 19:35:44 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc they've moved the text format buttons!
[Thu Apr 20 19:35:53 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks around the village for a great sword
[Thu Apr 20 19:36:18 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc no they haven't
[Thu Apr 20 19:36:22 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Sounds like someones having fun with his new book"
[Thu Apr 20 19:36:37 2006] : (2) DM: The village is more of a hamlet, and whilst there is a smithy it's not cut out for anything more than sharpening and fixing simple tools.
[Thu Apr 20 19:36:58 2006] : (2) DM: It does have a spare crowbar or two... ;)
[Thu Apr 20 19:37:04 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan barely registers the comment
[Thu Apr 20 19:37:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra returns to the others
[Thu Apr 20 19:37:36 2006] : (1) Dan: Distractedly... "It's most interesting to see another's magical notations"
[Thu Apr 20 19:37:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Is he still reading that book? Does it have pictures in it?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:02 2006] : (1) Dan: "Of course I can't prepare these spells until I have transcribed them into my own spellbook"
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look over Dan's shoulder
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:09 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin does the swirly finger sign beside his head
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:34 2006] : (1) Dan: "The ways of the arcane are often mysteriously complicated"
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Why can't you just use that one?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:39 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia does the flat hand in front of her face
[Thu Apr 20 19:38:54 2006] : (1) Dan: "To be honest Adrin, I don't know"
[Thu Apr 20 19:39:03 2006] : (8) Lia: "I don't like this fabricated magic much"
[Thu Apr 20 19:39:18 2006] : (1) Dan: "I just know that I don't fully comprehend spells until I have spent time writing them myself"
[Thu Apr 20 19:39:23 2006] : (8) Lia: "Well, did any of you find anything to open that trapdoor?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:39:53 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Hmmm, writing..... I never got the hang of that"
[Thu Apr 20 19:40:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "There are some crowbars at the smith, I just forgot about them because I was looking for a sword"
[Thu Apr 20 19:40:33 2006] : (1) Dan: "Lia, if you like, in the morning I shall prepare an identify spell to ascertain exactly what that bead is"
[Thu Apr 20 19:40:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Would you like to learn to write, Adrin?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:40:57 2006] : (8) Lia: "Dan, that might help, although it's lost its magic for most"
[Thu Apr 20 19:41:11 2006] : (8) Lia: "I guess your magic is not *all* that bad"
[Thu Apr 20 19:41:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Dunno. I guess it might be useful sometime"
[Thu Apr 20 19:41:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I could try teaching you, while we're still travelling together"
[Thu Apr 20 19:42:17 2006] : (1) Dan: "If you don't feel it's necessary, maybe I should hold back that spell when I prepare"
[Thu Apr 20 19:42:45 2006] : (1) Dan: "I'll study detect magic, then if I need to I can take 15 minutes to study identify"
[Thu Apr 20 19:42:45 2006] : (2) DM: You all here the sound of distant horses approaching from the north.
[Thu Apr 20 19:42:54 2006] : (2) DM: s/here/hear/
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:00 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Maybe. My brother tried to teach me too, but it didn't work out too well"
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:36 2006] : (8) Lia: "People ?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Well, no guarantees, we can but try"
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:38 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan looks at Adrin in a bit of wonder
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:46 2006] : (1) Dan: "Perhaps I can help"
[Thu Apr 20 19:43:53 2006] : (8) Lia: "oh, Caraegyn is back?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:44:01 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks in the direction of the sound
[Thu Apr 20 19:44:03 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin gets up at the sound
[Thu Apr 20 19:44:07 2006] : (1) Dan: "All those years under my school master's rod were not to no avail"
[Thu Apr 20 19:44:51 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan closes the spellbook and joins the others
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I always hated that rod, it's a good thing I grew up quiclky and the teacher got afraid to hit me"
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:08 2006] : (2) DM: Approaching from the north along the causeway are 10 armoured people on horses.
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn rides into town, at the head of a small squadron
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:31 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc its a hamlet, not a town :P
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:34 2006] : (1) Dan: "Hmm, perhaps the respect for masters is less down here on the plains"
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Soldiers or bandits"
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ?
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:43 2006] : (1) Dan: "I would never deem to defy mine"
[Thu Apr 20 19:45:50 2006] : (2) DM: The villagers that are present give a ragged cheer. Saying things like: "We're saved!"
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:02 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc does everyone have a black/green map?
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I never needed to, my reputation preceded me"
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:09 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:09 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc yes
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:13 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes, it's supposed to be like that.
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grins widely
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc yep
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:33 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan looks a little shocked
[Thu Apr 20 19:46:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I... gained a reputation after a while"
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:02 2006] : (2) DM: The squad leader start bawling orders to his men to make the area secure and.
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I return, as promised!" Caraegyn grins
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:28 2006] : (2) DM: ... and set up a perimeter watch.
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:30 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Hail Car. You're faster than you look"
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:33 2006] : (1) Dan: "Wow, he was quick!
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:39 2006] : (8) Lia: "Welcome back. We would have well needed you back there"
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I was lucky; I met them on the road."
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:57 2006] : (8) Lia: "Although, you have a thing with your nknofe..."
[Thu Apr 20 19:47:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That was indeed fortunate"
[Thu Apr 20 19:48:02 2006] : (8) Lia: *knife
[Thu Apr 20 19:49:25 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Does anyone have a short knife I might carry, in case we meet more of those walking corpses? My spears are not the best of tools in such cases."
[Thu Apr 20 19:49:26 2006] : (2) DM: Taniel thanks Caraegyn for assisting.
[Thu Apr 20 19:50:12 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I think we got a short blade off those bandits"
[Thu Apr 20 19:50:35 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "If I might test its weight, that would be excellent."
[Thu Apr 20 19:50:56 2006] : (2) DM: ooc short swords are piercing.
[Thu Apr 20 19:51:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc given the lack of magical bags, I assume we'd split loot among us to carry
[Thu Apr 20 19:52:02 2006] : (1) Dan: "There was quite a bit of equipment"
[Thu Apr 20 19:52:32 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Yes, there was"
[Thu Apr 20 19:52:34 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin raps his fancy new armour
[Thu Apr 20 19:52:46 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc Party loot
[Thu Apr 20 19:53:21 2006] : (2) DM: ooc the dagger is slashing is you want it Caraegyn.
[Thu Apr 20 19:53:31 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc that would be ideal!
[Thu Apr 20 19:54:40 2006] : (1) Dan: "Does anyone mind if I take some of these arrows?"
[Thu Apr 20 19:54:42 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I would've thought that if a dagger can do both types, then a shortsword would be the same. Strange
[Thu Apr 20 19:54:48 2006] : (2) DM: As dusk falls the soldiers form into two groups, 4 watching north and south and 4 resting in their rapidly errected tents.
[Thu Apr 20 19:55:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Help yourself"
[Thu Apr 20 19:55:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: "May as well split them among whoever wants them"
[Thu Apr 20 19:55:22 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan takes 5
[Thu Apr 20 19:55:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes 5 as well
[Thu Apr 20 19:56:00 2006] : (8) Lia: "I don't need anything actually"
[Thu Apr 20 19:56:39 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I do not want them, thank you."
[Thu Apr 20 19:56:56 2006] : (1) Dan: "Well, I think I'll scribe some of the spells in my head before I sleep"
[Thu Apr 20 19:57:13 2006] : (1) Dan: "Glad to see you again Caraegyn"
[Thu Apr 20 19:57:32 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan heads to the hut and eats some rations
[Thu Apr 20 19:57:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And you; hopefully we can leave this little swamp before too long."
[Thu Apr 20 19:59:13 2006] : (2) DM: Nearly forgot. The people you captured have been taken into custody by the soldiers and are awating transfer back to Northwatch for trial on charges of banditry.
[Thu Apr 20 19:59:39 2006] : (1) Dan: Once Dan has finished scribing his scroll, he sketches an image of the squat tower from memory in pencil
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Shouldn't we ask the prisoners about those zombies?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin cleans his sword and checks his bow
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:08 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan then finishes the scroll off in watercolours
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:10 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc they're awake and kicking?
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:13 2006] : (1) Dan: Craft: Painting Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:19 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc not very well
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:28 2006] : (2) DM: It's somewhat gray and square.
[Thu Apr 20 20:00:56 2006] : (2) DM: ooc the prisoners are still unconcious and the soldiers don't seem to care overmuch for their welfare.
[Thu Apr 20 20:01:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc brb
[Thu Apr 20 20:02:31 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc any shops and things here?
[Thu Apr 20 20:02:40 2006] : (2) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Apr 20 20:02:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc back
[Thu Apr 20 20:02:53 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan settles down to sleep
[Thu Apr 20 20:03:29 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia goes to the edge of the hamlet and prays
[Thu Apr 20 20:04:04 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn sits down, and starts carving a piece of wood he's picked up along the way
[Thu Apr 20 20:04:07 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin does some sword swinging exercises before heading to bed
[Thu Apr 20 20:04:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra lies down and goes to sleep
[Thu Apr 20 20:04:29 2006] : (2) DM: After an uneventful night...
[Thu Apr 20 20:04:41 2006] : (2) DM: Another gray and misty day dawns.
[Thu Apr 20 20:05:10 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin rises and stretches
[Thu Apr 20 20:05:27 2006] : (1) Dan: After a good sleep Dan awakes and sits down to prepare his spells
[Thu Apr 20 20:05:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Ahh, another bright and sun-drenched day" (sigh)
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Better than cold and wet"
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:24 2006] : (2) DM: Taniel joins you.
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:25 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn sleeps in
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "This must be the perfect spo for a vacation"
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:34 2006] : (4) Adrin: "It IS cold and wet. This mist is depressing"
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: spot
[Thu Apr 20 20:06:49 2006] : (8) Lia: "Hello Taniel"
[Thu Apr 20 20:07:15 2006] : (2) DM: "Good night last night -- nothing happened. Maybe all those soldiers scared the zombies away."
[Thu Apr 20 20:07:17 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Morning Taniel. Is it always misty here?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:07:34 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Hmm. Why can't I change my nick?
[Thu Apr 20 20:07:37 2006] : (1) Dan: "Dan finishes up andd looks mournful at the thought of more rations for breakfast"
[Thu Apr 20 20:07:47 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan finishes up andd looks mournful at the thought of more rations for breakfast
[Thu Apr 20 20:08:22 2006] : (2) Taniel: "This isn't called the Gray Marsh for nothing!"
[Thu Apr 20 20:08:26 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc I just did
[Thu Apr 20 20:08:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Works for me
[Thu Apr 20 20:08:39 2006] : (1) Dan: "Mmm, more rations"
[Thu Apr 20 20:08:47 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Well, wishful thinking eh?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: "What do you do for food here?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:05 2006] : (1) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:19 2006] : (2) DM: ooc it works if I use a macro key. How odd.
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:42 2006] : (1) Dan: "Lia, shall I take a look at that bead?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Are you trying to frighten us? I can tell you it works!
[Thu Apr 20 20:09:50 2006] : (8) Lia: "Yes, here you go"
[Thu Apr 20 20:10:02 2006] : (1) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Thu Apr 20 20:10:09 2006] : (1) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Thu Apr 20 20:10:37 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan concentrates on the bead for some time
[Thu Apr 20 20:12:08 2006] : (2) Taniel: You no longer sense any magic emanating from the bead.
[Thu Apr 20 20:12:35 2006] : (1) Dan: "Well, it's not magical now"
[Thu Apr 20 20:12:50 2006] : (1) Dan: "Whatever it was it seems to have been depleted"
[Thu Apr 20 20:12:56 2006] : (2) DM: At least at first glance, however after concentrating for a while you sense a very faint, lingering trace.
[Thu Apr 20 20:13:10 2006] : (1) Dan: "Or is it?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:13:12 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 20:13:31 2006] : (2) DM: The aura is black but very faint.
[Thu Apr 20 20:13:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc da da daaaaaah
[Thu Apr 20 20:14:06 2006] : (1) Dan: "A black aura, I don't know the like"
[Thu Apr 20 20:14:28 2006] : (2) DM: ooc black is necromancy.
[Thu Apr 20 20:14:38 2006] : (1) Dan: "I can take 15 minutes to read an Identify spell if it's deemed worth it"
[Thu Apr 20 20:14:43 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc aah
[Thu Apr 20 20:14:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks on, fascinated
[Thu Apr 20 20:15:13 2006] : (1) Dan: "Oh yes, black - necromancy. Possibly something to do with the zombies?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:15:26 2006] : (8) Lia: "Well, I think it is worth it, if you're ready to do it"
[Thu Apr 20 20:16:04 2006] : (1) Dan: "Certainly, I am also fascinated to use the spell for the first time on my own"
[Thu Apr 20 20:16:30 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'm not sure like the sound of that. Is it dangerous?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:16:31 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan sits down in the hut again and returns in 20 minutes
[Thu Apr 20 20:17:17 2006] : (1) Dan: "OK, I have studied the spell and am ready to cast it"
[Thu Apr 20 20:17:24 2006] : (1) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item.
[Thu Apr 20 20:17:54 2006] : (1) Dan: "I at least hope that it gives us some clues"
[Thu Apr 20 20:18:29 2006] : (1) Dan: "Hmm, yes it is indeed expended"
[Thu Apr 20 20:18:41 2006] : (1) Dan: "It was once a gem for animating the dead"
[Thu Apr 20 20:18:52 2006] : (8) Lia: "Great"
[Thu Apr 20 20:19:01 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So what happened to it?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:19:07 2006] : (1) Dan: "I suppose that we should be at the least grateful that we know the number of zombies is finite"
[Thu Apr 20 20:19:12 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "So it was used to make zombies?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:19:23 2006] : (1) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu Apr 20 20:19:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "They used zombies to rob the people travelling this road?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:20:01 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc this whole saving spells for later decisions is a good idea!
[Thu Apr 20 20:20:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: "More likely the zombies killed them and they stripped the bodies"
[Thu Apr 20 20:20:36 2006] : (1) Dan: "I couldn't cojecture that from the object, though that would certainly fit in with the motives of a common bandit"
[Thu Apr 20 20:20:58 2006] : (1) Dan: "Indeed Adrin, that is very incisive"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "How common is it to use magic to rob?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:07 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan smiles at Adrin
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:11 2006] : (8) Lia: "yes, we don't know if the number of stone is finite"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:20 2006] : (8) Lia: "And yes, how common?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Just because I can't read, doesn't mean I'm stupid!"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:39 2006] : (1) Dan: "There are illusions and the like, mage hand and other things"
[Thu Apr 20 20:21:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Well, their magic user is dead so they can't make any more zombies now"
[Thu Apr 20 20:22:02 2006] : (1) Dan: "I have never heard of this use, but then I have limited experience in the lowlands"
[Thu Apr 20 20:22:37 2006] : (8) Lia: "So, what next? Are we ready to go back to that trap door?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:22:40 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan steps back at Adrin's comment
[Thu Apr 20 20:22:46 2006] : (1) Dan: "I meant no offence"
[Thu Apr 20 20:23:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's buy some crowbars and kill us some zombies"
[Thu Apr 20 20:23:32 2006] : (8) Lia: "Sounds like a good plan"
[Thu Apr 20 20:23:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Ok, maybe I'm just a bit touchy about it"
[Thu Apr 20 20:24:02 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc sounds like Half-life
[Thu Apr 20 20:24:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc heh, crowbar of justice
[Thu Apr 20 20:24:37 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc dm, can I have a gravity gun? :)
[Thu Apr 20 20:24:49 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Um. No.
[Thu Apr 20 20:25:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc oh, is that d20 modern then? :(
[Thu Apr 20 20:25:14 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc damn
[Thu Apr 20 20:25:40 2006] : (2) DM: The part-time smith gives you a crowbar, thanking you for aiding the village.
[Thu Apr 20 20:26:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Are we all ready then?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:26:40 2006] : (8) Lia: "I am"
[Thu Apr 20 20:27:01 2006] : (1) Dan: "I am"
[Thu Apr 20 20:27:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "And I."
[Thu Apr 20 20:27:18 2006] : (2) Taniel: Taniel offers to lead the way again.
[Thu Apr 20 20:27:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's go"
[Thu Apr 20 20:27:46 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Apr 20 20:28:12 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin keeps close by Taniel
[Thu Apr 20 20:28:14 2006] : (2) Taniel: Two hours later you reach the ruined tower again.
[Thu Apr 20 20:28:31 2006] : (2) Taniel: "I'll keep watch out here, okay?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:28:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just be careful and run like hell if you need to"
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:03 2006] : (1) Dan: "Just don't leave us stranded here though"
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:07 2006] : (2) Taniel: "I'll wait until 2 hours before sundown like yesterday."
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:09 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra goes on to the tower, sword in hand
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:15 2006] : (1) Dan: "Come back if you need to run"
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:25 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn looks around "It's about as depressing as the rest of this masrh.
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:39 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan arranges his scroll in an easy to reach spot
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "If he needs to run we'll probably know before he does"
[Thu Apr 20 20:29:51 2006] : (4) Adrin: "See you soon"
[Thu Apr 20 20:30:18 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Then lead on, companions."
[Thu Apr 20 20:30:42 2006] : (1) Dan: "Fair enough Aliatra"
[Thu Apr 20 20:31:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra enters
[Thu Apr 20 20:32:09 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Does anything look different from yesterday?
[Thu Apr 20 20:32:16 2006] : (2) Taniel: The tower looks the same as you left it. Stone slabs overground with greenery with larger shrubs in the corners.
[Thu Apr 20 20:33:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Going over to the trapdoor
[Thu Apr 20 20:34:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: And using the crowbar on the hinges
[Thu Apr 20 20:34:06 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan steps back
[Thu Apr 20 20:34:11 2006] : (1) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour.
[Thu Apr 20 20:34:53 2006] : (2) DM: There's a grating of metal on stone and the crowbar levers the hinges out of the stonework.
[Thu Apr 20 20:35:16 2006] : (2) DM: With the hinges freed the trapdoor can lifted out.
[Thu Apr 20 20:35:28 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin helps lift it
[Thu Apr 20 20:35:48 2006] : (2) DM: Under the trapdoor is 4 ft square hole.
[Thu Apr 20 20:36:42 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan looks down there from a distance
[Thu Apr 20 20:36:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Did anyone think to bring a lamp or something?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:36:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Anyone see anything down there"
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:10 2006] : (1) Dan: I generally can see well in low light
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:19 2006] : (1) Dan: "I generally can see well in low light"
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:19 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I have a lamp."
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:28 2006] : (2) DM: There's a metal ladder fixed to the side of a stone wall on the north wall.
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:34 2006] : (8) Lia: "I only have a candle"
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:39 2006] : (2) DM: The bottom is covered in murky water.
[Thu Apr 20 20:37:53 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Whata surprise, more water"
[Thu Apr 20 20:38:04 2006] : (1) Dan: "Oh joy, this looks pleasant"
[Thu Apr 20 20:38:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And I bet it's cold"
[Thu Apr 20 20:38:26 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Shall I do the honours and go first?"
[Thu Apr 20 20:38:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'm right behind you."
[Thu Apr 20 20:38:50 2006] : (1) Dan: "Please"
[Thu Apr 20 20:39:04 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan waits until last
[Thu Apr 20 20:39:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc ohhh, fancy
[Thu Apr 20 20:39:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra descends
[Thu Apr 20 20:39:33 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia takes her sickle in hand
[Thu Apr 20 20:39:52 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'll go third then"
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:01 2006] : (8) Lia: and goes down right before Dan
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:03 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan stows his bow
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:30 2006] : (2) DM: As you all reach the bottom your feet squelch into thick, sticky ooze halfway up your shins.
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:48 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc what are shins!
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:49 2006] : (2) DM: ooc this counts as difficult terrain and you move at half speed and can't run or charge.
[Thu Apr 20 20:40:57 2006] : (1) Dan: "Great gods this is not what I imagined"
[Thu Apr 20 20:41:05 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc the front of your lower leg
[Thu Apr 20 20:41:19 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc the bit you hit off tables
[Thu Apr 20 20:41:47 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc or wooden sunbeds as I did when half-cut in Thailand - ouch!
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:03 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra drwas her sword and moves on
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:20 2006] : (2) DM: You're standing is a corridor some 10 ft wide and 25 ft long, it bends to the right.
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:28 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I can't see my miniature ?
[Thu Apr 20 20:42:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Very nice, David :)
[Thu Apr 20 20:43:02 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc fuck
[Thu Apr 20 20:43:12 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan takes his staff in one hand and uses it for stability
[Thu Apr 20 20:43:16 2006] : (2) DM: Your squelch around the corner, tendrils of organic matter brushing your faces.
[Thu Apr 20 20:43:36 2006] : (2) DM: The walls are covered in slime and run with water.
[Thu Apr 20 20:44:15 2006] : (1) Dan: "I don't think much of these foundations. I doubt that the tower will be standing for long"
[Thu Apr 20 20:44:17 2006] : (2) DM: In this longer section of corridor are two doors, small one on the left and a larger double door on the left.
[Thu Apr 20 20:45:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Open or closed?
[Thu Apr 20 20:45:13 2006] : (2) DM: The doors are closed.
[Thu Apr 20 20:45:43 2006] : (2) DM: And beneath the slime they appear to be metal bound wood.
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:15 2006] : (2) DM: ooc everyone can see the L-shaped corridor, right?
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:29 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc not all of it
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:37 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc only bits of it - there's a gap on the left, and it doesn't get as far as the doors.
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:51 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc damn I saw it perfect :)
[Thu Apr 20 20:46:58 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc still do
[Thu Apr 20 20:47:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Back again
[Thu Apr 20 20:47:13 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc better :)
[Thu Apr 20 20:47:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc bonza!
[Thu Apr 20 20:47:22 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc that's better, still no doors
[Thu Apr 20 20:47:44 2006] : (2) DM: ooc The doors are those brown lines.
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:07 2006] : (1) Dan: oo cnope
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc not getting any brown line focus.
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:15 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc what brown lines
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:21 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc it only goes 3 squares wide.
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I can see up to one square to the right of me
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:45 2006] : (1) Dan: ,.
[Thu Apr 20 20:48:53 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc 7 x 2 squares from here, around the corner
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:27 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc all gone now!
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:31 2006] : (1) Dan: What I saw
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:48 2006] : (1) Dan: What I saw
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.6.3...
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] :
Emote commands:

[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /date - Display the local and GMT time and date.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /dieroller roller - Set your dieroller or list the available rollers.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /font - Sets the font.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /fontsize - Sets the size of your fonts. Recomended 8 or better for the size.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /help - Displays a list of emote commands.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /i or /i player_id_number - Ignore user associated with that player ID.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /lines [number] - View or set the maximum number of lines shown in chat.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /load - Loads settings from another ini file from the myfiles directory.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /log [ on | off | to filename ] - Check log state, additionally turn logging on, off, or set the log filename prefix.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /me - Alias for **yourname.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /moderate [ on | off ] - Show who can speak in a moderated room, or turn room moderation on or off.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /moderate player_id,...=on | off - Give people the ability to speak in a moderated room, or revoke it.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /name or /nick your_name - Change your name.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /ping - Ask for a response from the server.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /purge - Purge history older than your buffersize.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /role [player_id = GM | Player | Lurker] - Get player roles from ther server, or change the role of a player.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /set [setting[=value]] - Displays one or all settings, or sets a setting.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /status your_status - Set your online status (afk,away,etc..).
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /time - See /date.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /update [get] - Get the latest version of OpenRPG.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /version - Displays current version of OpenRPG.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /w player_id_number, ... = message - Whisper to player(s). Can contain multiple IDs.
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /gw [group_name]=message - Type /gw help for more information
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : /gm message - Whispers to all GMs in the room
[Thu Apr 20 20:49:58 2006] : Font is now Times New Roman point size 12
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: ppc same here
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:07 2006] : Locating server at 127.0.0.1:6774...
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:08 2006] : Game connected!
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:08 2006] : (9) DM (enter): 20:50
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:08 2006] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.6.3', named 'dvrabel's'. [Thu Apr 20 20:50:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:11 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc likewise
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Still perfect for me
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:16 2006] : Moving to room 'Gray Marsh'..
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:16 2006] : (9) DM (enter): 20:50
[Thu Apr 20 20:50:35 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I see the brown lines :)
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc So do I
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc So do I
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:28 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc but I have huge squares
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:33 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc show offs... Must be a UK problem ;)
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:33 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc show offs... Must be a UK problem ;)
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:43 2006] : (2) DM: ooc OpenRPG is quite shit really.
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:44 2006] : (2) DM: ooc OpenRPG is quite shit really.
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:50 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Apr 20 20:51:50 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Apr 20 20:52:26 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I csn see stuff!
[Thu Apr 20 20:52:26 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I csn see stuff!
[Thu Apr 20 20:53:19 2006] : Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Apr 20 20:53:20 2006] : Game disconnected!
[Thu Apr 20 20:53:34 2006] : (2) DM: What are people doing?
[Thu Apr 20 20:53:39 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc I found that fog wasn't any good in my game (I know they've supposedly fixed it since). I ended up importing the background on the fly, selectively unmasking the backgound on my master, then reloading a new image
[Thu Apr 20 20:54:27 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan keeps up with the others
[Thu Apr 20 20:54:34 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Prowling along, spears ready, and searching for traps.
[Thu Apr 20 20:54:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin draws his sword, watching
[Thu Apr 20 20:54:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Trying the first door, see if it's locked
[Thu Apr 20 20:55:26 2006] : (2) DM: As you try the first door on your left is collapsed into a heap of rotten timber and rusted metal.
[Thu Apr 20 20:55:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I wonder what this goo does to your feet"
[Thu Apr 20 20:56:11 2006] : (8) Lia: "nice place indeed"
[Thu Apr 20 20:56:16 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Makes them rot, slowly, if you do not dry them off."
[Thu Apr 20 20:56:21 2006] : (1) Dan: "Hopefully it just makes them wet"
[Thu Apr 20 20:56:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: looking into the room
[Thu Apr 20 20:56:48 2006] : (2) DM: The room is much like the corridor, flooded and shin deep in ooze.
[Thu Apr 20 20:57:18 2006] : (2) DM: In the far edge of a heap of material on which are some bulbous white objects.
[Thu Apr 20 20:57:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "This place should be perfedt as an inn"
[Thu Apr 20 20:57:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Checking out the white objects, whithout touching them
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:14 2006] : (1) Dan: "I know that I am good at searching, but I don't wish to know what's in there"
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:18 2006] : (2) DM: ooc can I have your character sheet please.
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:33 2006] : (2) DM: Anyone else entering that room?
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Whose?
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:44 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yours.
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:46 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc I guess I did
[Thu Apr 20 20:58:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra has sent you a tree node...
[Thu Apr 20 20:59:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Done
[Thu Apr 20 20:59:05 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc or else how did I see the stuff
[Thu Apr 20 20:59:10 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I am.
[Thu Apr 20 20:59:39 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc staying outside, watching the other doorway in case
[Thu Apr 20 20:59:52 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:01 2006] : (2) DM: The white bulbous things look like the fungi.
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:01 2006] : (8) Lia: same as Adrin
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:13 2006] : (1) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, I've seen all I need to see here. Onward"
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:42 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Anyone mind if I prod one?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:00:50 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc hold on
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Are you sure you want to?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:18 2006] : (2) DM: ooc it's knowledge: nature to ID the fungi.
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:31 2006] : (1) Dan: "Umm, go ahead"
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Find anything in there?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:01:47 2006] : (8) Lia: "Yes, what's in there?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:02:03 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn prods one of them with a spear, and wiggles it about a bit.
[Thu Apr 20 21:02:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just some rubbish and toadstools"
[Thu Apr 20 21:02:42 2006] : (2) DM: The fungus collapses of puffs a large cloud of spores over a 10 ft radius area.
[Thu Apr 20 21:02:57 2006] : (2) DM: Ali and Caraegyn start choking on the spore-laden air.
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:03 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I have big squares, are those 10 ft?
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:06 2006] : (2) DM: Make fortitude saves.
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:08 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:13 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc just lovely.
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:25 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:03:55 2006] : (1) Dan: "What the hell just happened? It just collapsed and a big cloud appeared"
[Thu Apr 20 21:04:07 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan holds his breath
[Thu Apr 20 21:04:47 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia approaches the door carefully
[Thu Apr 20 21:04:50 2006] : (2) DM: Take [1d4] -> [1] = (1) dex damage.
[Thu Apr 20 21:04:53 2006] : (2) DM: each
[Thu Apr 20 21:04:56 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn coughs and splutters
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:06 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I can't move my miniatrure :(
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:09 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan leaves the room
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:18 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc damage is the sort that you can recover from, right?
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:28 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc dis you make yourself a player Del?
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:30 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc anything left behind that looks worthwhile?
[Thu Apr 20 21:05:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Are you all ok?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:02 2006] : (1) Dan: "I'm fine, but I was not in the cloud"
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:03 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I feel a little choked, but otherwise fine."
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:29 2006] : (8) Lia: "Is the air clear?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:32 2006] : (2) DM: No. Unless you fancy prodding another puffball. They're just growing a a pile of dirt and decaying organic matter.
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:44 2006] : (2) DM: The spores have settled out by now.
[Thu Apr 20 21:06:53 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: How big are they?
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:14 2006] : (8) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:21 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc apparently they're great eating if you get them before they gas up
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:27 2006] : (2) DM: They're large, about a foot across and oblate.
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:30 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia looks at the fungi-type things
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'm fine. Caraegyn: next time you want to prod something ... don't!"
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:51 2006] : (8) Lia: and tries to remember her forest studies
[Thu Apr 20 21:07:57 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'll remember that. Should I slice next time?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:08:09 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn grins
[Thu Apr 20 21:08:23 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Lets just get on and try the next door"
[Thu Apr 20 21:08:45 2006] : (8) Lia: "Puffballs"
[Thu Apr 20 21:08:56 2006] : (8) Lia: Cave sort actually
[Thu Apr 20 21:09:22 2006] : (2) DM: Opening the door, Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 21:09:27 2006] : (8) Lia: "those are very toxic. They will make you slightly dizzy, a bit clumsy of sorts"
[Thu Apr 20 21:09:33 2006] : (8) Lia: "very strange power they have"
[Thu Apr 20 21:09:45 2006] : (8) Lia: "the bottom line is, don't touch anything you don't know"
[Thu Apr 20 21:10:02 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Yep, I'll open it.
[Thu Apr 20 21:10:38 2006] : (2) DM: As caraegyn pushes the door open it collapses like the other, falling into the water with a splosh.
[Thu Apr 20 21:10:43 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I'm always stuck in the middle of a squere :(
[Thu Apr 20 21:10:58 2006] : (2) DM: ooc you have snap to grid on.
[Thu Apr 20 21:11:06 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc click where you want the top left of your mini.
[Thu Apr 20 21:11:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: "No-one has been down here in a long time"
[Thu Apr 20 21:11:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Where did those zombies come from? Not from here, not with these doors crumbling as soon as you touch them"
[Thu Apr 20 21:12:24 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, as the door collapses you see into a larger room, directly opposite is a skeletal figure, smeared in mud and slime and carrying a large spear.
[Thu Apr 20 21:12:33 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc How nice: arrows on the ground
[Thu Apr 20 21:12:52 2006] : (2) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:07 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:10 2006] : (1) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:15 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:16 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:32 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Thu Apr 20 21:13:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
[Thu Apr 20 21:14:18 2006] : (2) DM: Ali, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:14:56 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Going in to face him, sword ready
[Thu Apr 20 21:15:06 2006] : (2) DM: What's your speed?
[Thu Apr 20 21:15:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: 20 x 3, max
[Thu Apr 20 21:15:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I miscounted the squares ;)
[Thu Apr 20 21:15:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Can I still attack?
[Thu Apr 20 21:16:05 2006] : (2) DM: Okay, remember, you move at half speed through the muck and can't run or charge. You may only move 20 ft this turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:16:22 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc, this is the size of my square, is that normal?
[Thu Apr 20 21:16:25 2006] : (2) DM: Make a spot check.
[Thu Apr 20 21:16:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu Apr 20 21:18:04 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:18:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "There's more than one here" Aliatra points to the corners behind her
[Thu Apr 20 21:18:34 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia enters the room (ooc I can slip past Cara?)
[Thu Apr 20 21:18:40 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Apr 20 21:18:47 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc I'm letting you, so yes.
[Thu Apr 20 21:19:10 2006] : (8) Lia: "Lia looks in the corners"
[Thu Apr 20 21:19:19 2006] : (8) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Apr 20 21:19:43 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:21:14 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Moving up.
[Thu Apr 20 21:22:07 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The skeleton takes a stop forwards and jabs nice spear at Lia, [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Apr 20 21:22:17 2006] : (2) Skeletons: It's thrust misses.
[Thu Apr 20 21:23:11 2006] : (2) Skeletons: From the matted roots hanging from the roof on the sides, lurch two more skeletons.
[Thu Apr 20 21:24:02 2006] : (2) Skeletons: One attacks Car. [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Apr 20 21:24:24 2006] : (2) Skeletons: AC, Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 21:24:38 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: 15
[Thu Apr 20 21:24:59 2006] : (2) Skeletons: A claw rakes your body (take [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage)
[Thu Apr 20 21:25:25 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn
[Thu Apr 20 21:25:28 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan moves 10 feet
[Thu Apr 20 21:25:48 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan holds up his scroll and intones
[Thu Apr 20 21:25:56 2006] : (1) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Apr 20 21:26:02 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc on 3
[Thu Apr 20 21:26:43 2006] : (2) DM: A white ray leaps forth from Dan's hand and strikes the skeleton which staggers back under the magical attack.
[Thu Apr 20 21:26:51 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:26:55 2006] : (1) Dan: Done
[Thu Apr 20 21:27:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc 5ft squares?
[Thu Apr 20 21:27:21 2006] : (2) DM: ooc yeep
[Thu Apr 20 21:27:31 2006] : (4) Adrin: ok, move 20ft
[Thu Apr 20 21:27:37 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc 4 damage seems so crap, but I forget that we're only 1st level
[Thu Apr 20 21:27:57 2006] : (2) DM: done?
[Thu Apr 20 21:28:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: can I attack #3?
[Thu Apr 20 21:28:25 2006] : (2) DM: ooc unless your speed is 40ft, no.
[Thu Apr 20 21:28:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: it is :)
[Thu Apr 20 21:28:46 2006] : (2) DM: Attack away. (bloody barbarians, rrrrr)
[Thu Apr 20 21:28:50 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,3,3] = (9)
[Thu Apr 20 21:29:04 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc hehe
[Thu Apr 20 21:29:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 21:29:35 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin smacks the skeleton in the ribs and it is falls to pieces.
[Thu Apr 20 21:29:59 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:30:13 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc "I stand on the skeleton's corpse, and play 'king of the hill'"
[Thu Apr 20 21:30:20 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc yay! Go team smart/grunt!
[Thu Apr 20 21:30:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Attacking # 1
[Thu Apr 20 21:30:29 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:30:34 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc lets not do the standing on bodies thing again
[Thu Apr 20 21:31:14 2006] : (2) DM: Your sword scraps across its breastplate before nicking it's arm.
[Thu Apr 20 21:31:34 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:31:57 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia approaches #1 and slashes
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:08 2006] : (8) Lia: Sickle (base): [1d20+0] -> [20,0] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:08 2006] : (8) Lia: Critical hit? [1d20+0] -> [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+0] -> [2,3,0] = (5)
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:40 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc I *really* don't like these undead :D
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:42 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc nice
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:50 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc too bad they don't care for crit
[Thu Apr 20 21:32:52 2006] : (2) DM: A good hit, a shame the blade doesn't even make a scratch on the bones.
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:08 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:30 2006] : (1) Dan: "Move around him to give me a clear shot"
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn swings his spear sideways, trying to smash the bones rather than stab
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:45 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear (base): [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:45 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Critical hit? [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21) ===> Damage: [3d6+6] -> [2,1,6,6] = (15)
[Thu Apr 20 21:33:58 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Then taking 5ft step.
[Thu Apr 20 21:34:03 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc improvised weapon?
[Thu Apr 20 21:34:15 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc yes, probably.
[Thu Apr 20 21:34:16 2006] : (2) DM: ooc a crit though so the -4 penalty doesn't matter.
[Thu Apr 20 21:34:17 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc club?
[Thu Apr 20 21:34:58 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn makes a skillfully places blow and shatters the skeleton's vertebra, it collapses with a splash.
[Thu Apr 20 21:35:37 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The remaining skeleton takes a step back and stabs at Lia again. [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:35:44 2006] : (2) Skeletons: It misses again.
[Thu Apr 20 21:35:55 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc do we get AoO as it moves?
[Thu Apr 20 21:36:06 2006] : (2) Skeletons: No, it's a 5ft step.
[Thu Apr 20 21:36:30 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:36:37 2006] : (1) Dan: Move 15 ft
[Thu Apr 20 21:36:51 2006] : (1) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Apr 20 21:36:56 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc bum
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:00 2006] : (1) Dan: Done
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:08 2006] : (1) Dan: "Pesky fingers"
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:26 2006] : (2) DM: Your ray misses.
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:32 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: Move around the others and whack it
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:48 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,6,3] = (15)
[Thu Apr 20 21:37:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Watch where you point your spells, please"
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:05 2006] : (2) DM: A miss
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc damn
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:21 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:33 2006] : (1) Dan: "Unless you're suddenly undead, you have no worries"
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:42 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan shakes his head
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Are you sure?"
[Thu Apr 20 21:38:48 2006] : (2) DM: ooc where are you moving to?
[Thu Apr 20 21:39:14 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc In from of Lia, can't you see my marker?
[Thu Apr 20 21:39:41 2006] : (2) DM: A hit, but its just a scratch.
[Thu Apr 20 21:39:52 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:21 2006] : (1) Dan: "of course I'm sure!"
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:34 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Moving around behind it
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just checking"
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear (base): [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:46 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Throwing away a perfectly decent spear.
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:50 2006] : (2) DM: A miss.
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:50 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Dex check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Apr 20 21:40:59 2006] : (2) DM: ooc I don't do critical misses like that.
[Thu Apr 20 21:41:11 2006] : (2) DM: ooc only when there are innocents to stab ;)
[Thu Apr 20 21:41:21 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 21:41:27 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan mutters "Infuriating mocking people1"
[Thu Apr 20 21:41:54 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The skeleton takes a step back and stabs at Lia again.
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:01 2006] : (2) Skeletons: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:18 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia cries in pain
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:22 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The spear stabs you in the arm for [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6) damage
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:29 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc Lia is miles away??
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:38 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc yes, I am...
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:48 2006] : (2) Skeletons: ooc sorry, I meant Aliatra.
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:55 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc good :)
[Thu Apr 20 21:42:57 2006] : (2) Skeletons: What's your AC, Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 20 21:43:01 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc same letters, wrong order :)
[Thu Apr 20 21:43:08 2006] : (5) Aliatra: 16, it's a hit
[Thu Apr 20 21:43:14 2006] : (2) Skeletons: 6 damage then.
[Thu Apr 20 21:43:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Ouch"
[Thu Apr 20 21:43:57 2006] : (2) Skeletons: As the skeleton withdraws the longspear the head with glints in the lamp light, breaks off and falls into the murky water
[Thu Apr 20 21:44:12 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The skeleton drops his broken spear, it's rotten wood useless.
[Thu Apr 20 21:44:18 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:44:31 2006] : (1) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): Deals [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage
[Thu Apr 20 21:44:52 2006] : (1) Dan: Then move 10 feet, done
[Thu Apr 20 21:44:57 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 20 21:45:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: step forward and swing
[Thu Apr 20 21:45:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,5,3] = (9)
[Thu Apr 20 21:46:09 2006] : (2) DM: A good hit, it's looking only slightly battered at this point.
[Thu Apr 20 21:46:17 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 20 21:46:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Following and hittting
[Thu Apr 20 21:46:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Apr 20 21:46:50 2006] : (2) DM: It gets an AoO if you move like that.
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:01 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:16 2006] : (2) DM: Take [1d4+2] -> [1,2] = (3) damage as the skeleton claws you as you pass.
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:26 2006] : (2) DM: You miss.
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:46 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:47:52 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra is looking pale and bloody
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:02 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia steps behind Aliatra
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:04 2006] : (8) Lia: Eollia casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8 +1/level damage (max +5)" )
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:07 2006] : (8) Lia: Casts Cure light wound for [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2) (arrows+1)
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:22 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:22 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc err, the arrows are a left over from Ayhlanne ;)
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:27 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc you cure wounds with arrows?
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:38 2006] : (2) DM: Uh, stepping where, exactly?
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc remind me never to let you perform surgery
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Apr 20 21:48:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc thats me
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:04 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc oooops
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:05 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc ali is right at the bottom of the map
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:06 2006] : (2) DM: Those that have entered this corridor notice that it starts to slope down.
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:19 2006] : (8) Lia: errr, let me think this through
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:24 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc who moved me??
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:28 2006] : (8) Lia: I can't really do that, can I?
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:50 2006] : (2) DM: You can move there, if you wish.
[Thu Apr 20 21:49:54 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc Car's in the way and you'd be taking an AoO even if he wasn't
[Thu Apr 20 21:50:04 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc ok, AoO I suppose ?
[Thu Apr 20 21:50:16 2006] : (2) DM: ooc the skeleton has used its AoO for this round.
[Thu Apr 20 21:50:31 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc k, then I do this and cure Aliatra for 2
[Thu Apr 20 21:50:39 2006] : (8) Lia: done
[Thu Apr 20 21:50:42 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:51:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you, Lia"
[Thu Apr 20 21:51:23 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Halfspear (base): [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Apr 20 21:51:35 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Still using it as a blunt weapon.
[Thu Apr 20 21:51:58 2006] : (2) DM: ooc -4 for improvised, +2 'cos it's flanked...
[Thu Apr 20 21:52:00 2006] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Apr 20 21:52:36 2006] : (2) Skeletons: The skeleton claws at Lia
[Thu Apr 20 21:52:41 2006] : (2) Skeletons: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20), [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Apr 20 21:53:00 2006] : (2) Skeletons: It rakes her twice for [1d4+2] -> [1,2] = (3) and [1d4+2] -> [2,2] = (4) damage.
[Thu Apr 20 21:53:09 2006] : (2) Skeletons: 7 damage total.
[Thu Apr 20 21:53:22 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia stumbles and looks not very good
[Thu Apr 20 21:53:56 2006] : (2) Skeletons: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:06 2006] : (1) Dan: Ray - Disrupt Undead (no save) (base): [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:22 2006] : (2) DM: The skeleton smokes.
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:24 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan then says...
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:37 2006] : (1) Dan: "Car, take my staff"
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:54 2006] : (1) Dan: He then holds his staff for Car to take it
[Thu Apr 20 21:54:59 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Thanks!"
[Thu Apr 20 21:55:01 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 21:55:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: smack it (+2 for flanking)
[Thu Apr 20 21:55:08 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,1,3] = (10)
[Thu Apr 20 21:55:43 2006] : (2) DM: A solid hit, it looking battered and cracked but still hearty (for an undead skeleton at least).
[Thu Apr 20 21:55:52 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Hitting it again
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:22 2006] : (2) DM: You mean, missing it again ;)
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:31 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc harsh
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:34 2006] : (2) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:45 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Nope
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:51 2006] : (2) DM: Lia?
[Thu Apr 20 21:56:56 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc canyou sunder a skelton's claws??
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:17 2006] : (2) DM: ooc I don't think you can sunder natural weapons.
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:19 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia backs away
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:23 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc you can't.
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:36 2006] : (8) Lia: Eollia casts Cure Minor Wounds ( level 0, "Cures 1 point of damage" )
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:39 2006] : (2) DM: Lia, your foot searchs for a firm foothold...
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:43 2006] : (8) Lia: on myself
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:43 2006] : (2) DM: Reflex save.
[Thu Apr 20 21:57:47 2006] : (8) Lia: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Apr 20 21:58:05 2006] : (2) DM: YOu keep your balance as you take a hidden step down.
[Thu Apr 20 21:58:25 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 21:58:45 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Take Dan's staff and thwack the thing (2-handed)
[Thu Apr 20 21:58:58 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11), damage [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:03 2006] : (2) DM: The water is up to Lia's hips now
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:08 2006] : (2) DM: A miss.
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:25 2006] : (2) DM: The skeleton claws at Adrin
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:35 2006] : (2) DM: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18), [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: hit
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:47 2006] : (2) DM: One claw hits for [1d4+2] -> [3,2] = (5) damage
[Thu Apr 20 21:59:49 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Argh!"
[Thu Apr 20 22:00:16 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 22:00:41 2006] : (1) Dan: Casts Summon Monster I - Celestial Badger (Small magical beast): 6hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 1; Rage when hit; Speed 30ft
Celestial Badger attack (Smite evil) Claw [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d2] -> [2] = (2) (treat as magical)

[Thu Apr 20 22:01:11 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc into the space next to Ali
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:29 2006] : (1) Dan: so it's flanking
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:33 2006] : (2) DM: The badger splutters in the water and struggles to keep above the water. It does not attack.
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:42 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:51 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc hehe
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 20 22:01:59 2006] : (2) DM: ooc doesn't count as flanking either.
[Thu Apr 20 22:02:12 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 22:02:14 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc still laughing
[Thu Apr 20 22:02:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,5,3] = (13)
[Thu Apr 20 22:02:40 2006] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:01 2006] : (2) DM: done?
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Just die you pile of bones!"
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:10 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:20 2006] : (2) DM: ooc btw, I would have stepped 5ft to your left and flanked.
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:33 2006] : (2) DM: it still misses though.
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc surely the walls in the way
[Thu Apr 20 22:03:59 2006] : (2) DM: ooc oh yeah, maybe.
[Thu Apr 20 22:04:10 2006] : (2) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 20 22:04:22 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Apr 20 22:04:26 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Flanked
[Thu Apr 20 22:04:52 2006] : (2) DM: A good hit, cracking it's upper arm bone.
[Thu Apr 20 22:05:11 2006] : (2) DM: It's looking really battered and cracked now.
[Thu Apr 20 22:05:16 2006] : (2) DM: Lia?
[Thu Apr 20 22:05:38 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc how high is the ceiling?
[Thu Apr 20 22:06:06 2006] : (2) DM: The ceiling is some 8 ft high. It slopes down with the passageway.
[Thu Apr 20 22:06:40 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia casts Summon Nature's ally I
[Thu Apr 20 22:06:57 2006] : (2) DM: ooc something that can swim or fly I hope...
[Thu Apr 20 22:07:00 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc Ali, you stepped on my poor flailing badger!
[Thu Apr 20 22:07:48 2006] : (8) Lia: an small eagle appears aove the skeleton's head
[Thu Apr 20 22:08:39 2006] : (2) DM: ooc +3 melee attacl 1d4 damage
[Thu Apr 20 22:08:43 2006] : (8) Lia: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 22:08:59 2006] : (2) DM: A miss.
[Thu Apr 20 22:08:59 2006] : (8) Lia: [1d20-2] -> [10,-2] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 22:09:34 2006] : (2) DM: ooc You don't get to make a full attack with a freshly summoned critter.
[Thu Apr 20 22:09:43 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc oops, sok :)
[Thu Apr 20 22:09:47 2006] : (2) DM: Caraegyn?
[Thu Apr 20 22:10:48 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Wallop it again: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7), damage [1d6+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Apr 20 22:10:52 2006] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Apr 20 22:10:54 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc gnaaaah!
[Thu Apr 20 22:11:10 2006] : (2) Skeletons: Done?
[Thu Apr 20 22:11:44 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc yes
[Thu Apr 20 22:12:02 2006] : (2) Skeletons: Skeleton claws at Caraegyn: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21), [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Apr 20 22:12:11 2006] : (2) Skeletons: One hit for [1d4+2] -> [4,2] = (6) damage.
[Thu Apr 20 22:12:29 2006] : (2) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 20 22:12:36 2006] : (1) Dan: Acid Splash (base): [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d3+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Apr 20 22:12:54 2006] : (1) Dan: "Umm, drat my useless aim"
[Thu Apr 20 22:13:00 2006] : (2) DM: Miss, roll a 1d8.
[Thu Apr 20 22:13:07 2006] : (1) Dan: [1d8] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Apr 20 22:13:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Why? No innocent bystanders here ;)
[Thu Apr 20 22:13:38 2006] : (2) DM: Your poorly aimed spell fizzles harmlessly in the water.
[Thu Apr 20 22:13:55 2006] : (2) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 20 22:14:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,5,3] = (13)
[Thu Apr 20 22:14:06 2006] : (4) Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] -> [5,2,6,4,6] = (23)
[Thu Apr 20 22:14:54 2006] : (4) Adrin: "RAAAAAARR"
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:05 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc a critical mhit that's a critical miss. hehe ;)
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:16 2006] : (2) DM: Your greatsword clangs off the breatplate of the skeleton smacking it into the wall with a crash where it then slowly topples over into the water with a loud splash, drenching everyone around in murky water.
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:44 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Finally!"
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:45 2006] : (2) DM: ooc darn. Didn't kill anyone :(
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That's not nice, splashing us like that"
[Thu Apr 20 22:15:48 2006] : (8) Lia: "Finally!"
[Thu Apr 20 22:16:01 2006] : (1) Dan: "Ugh, bad water"Q
[Thu Apr 20 22:16:05 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "That was more trouble than I like."
[Thu Apr 20 22:16:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: "You seem reasonably well splashed in your own blood already"
[Thu Apr 20 22:16:20 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Do you want this branch back, Araydan?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:07 2006] : (1) Dan: "I can't believe how many spells I used up. I have only one pre-prepared cantrip and one that I have not yet memorised left"
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Do we go on now, or de we safe some fun for tomorrow?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:23 2006] : (1) Dan: "And I still used up 3 spells from my scroll"
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:26 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn waves the staff at Dan
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: save
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:32 2006] : (8) Lia: The eagle flies a bit around the room
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:46 2006] : (1) Dan: "I have never used so much in a day! I feel quite overwhelmed"
[Thu Apr 20 22:17:57 2006] : (4) Adrin: "It doesn't look like we can go much further down this corridor anyway"
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:03 2006] : (8) Lia: "I am not exactly feeling very good myself"
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:09 2006] : (2) DM: Looking further down the passage you see it continues to slope down. The water level reaches the ceiling some 30 ft further down the corridor.
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:15 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan takes the staff back
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:44 2006] : (1) Dan: "I don't much fancy going under this water"
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I could do with some rest and bandages"
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:49 2006] : (8) Lia: Eollia Tried to cast Cure Minor Wounds but has used all of them for today, "Please rest so I can cast more."
[Thu Apr 20 22:18:57 2006] : (8) Lia: "So could I"
[Thu Apr 20 22:19:10 2006] : (2) DM: As you fought the skeleton and struck it your weapons cleared some of the muck away and you noticed a bright silvery-bronze metal underneath.
[Thu Apr 20 22:19:46 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Hmm, whats this"
[Thu Apr 20 22:20:12 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia crapes the muck with the back of her sickle
[Thu Apr 20 22:20:18 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra clears some of the muck off and has a closer looks
[Thu Apr 20 22:20:20 2006] : (1) Dan: "Is it armour"
[Thu Apr 20 22:20:23 2006] : (1) Dan: ?
[Thu Apr 20 22:20:56 2006] : (2) DM: The skeleon was wearing a breastplate.
[Thu Apr 20 22:21:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn appears disinterested in looting, and goes to search the room where the skeletons first appeared.
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:00 2006] : (2) DM: How carefully are you searching?
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the breastplate off the skeleton and takes it to the other room to have a real good look
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Taking 20
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Grab what you can and lets get out of here"
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:48 2006] : (2) DM: 220 XP each.
[Thu Apr 20 22:22:57 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan helps Car out
[Thu Apr 20 22:23:06 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: +4 modifier.
[Thu Apr 20 22:23:09 2006] : (1) Dan: Take 20 = 27 on search
[Thu Apr 20 22:23:53 2006] : (2) DM: You find the slivery-bronze metal spearhead that broke off, the rotten spear shaft but nothing else.
[Thu Apr 20 22:24:41 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'll take the spearhead with me, if no-one else wants it."
[Thu Apr 20 22:24:57 2006] : (1) Dan: No problem
[Thu Apr 20 22:25:18 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc test
[Thu Apr 20 22:25:23 2006] : (8) Lia: Casts...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9) HP
[Thu Apr 20 22:25:32 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc end of test
[Thu Apr 20 22:25:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Anything unusual/special on the breastplate?
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:00 2006] : (2) DM: It's made of a curious metal and finely made.
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:03 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia takes a closer look at the breastplate
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:12 2006] : (8) Lia: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:26 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:33 2006] : (8) Lia: "I am not good with metals"
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:43 2006] : (2) DM: Looks like it could be worth quite a bit. But you've no idea how much.
[Thu Apr 20 22:26:51 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Apr 20 22:27:03 2006] : (8) Lia: "Not to say that I would be stripped of what little power I have if I ever wore such an armour"
[Thu Apr 20 22:27:35 2006] : (1) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Apr 20 22:27:36 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Maybe that smith who lend us the crowbar would know better"
[Thu Apr 20 22:27:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll take it with me then"
[Thu Apr 20 22:28:03 2006] : (1) Dan: "A provincial smith may not have experience with expensive materials"
[Thu Apr 20 22:28:57 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc out of curiosity, what was that stoopid skeleton damage resistance?
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:07 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc 5/blunt
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:08 2006] : (2) DM: ooc 5/buldgeoning
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:10 2006] : (8) Lia: "indeed, they may not"
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "He still might know more than we do"
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:17 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Well then we'll bring it to town with us"
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:27 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc then why didn't my slashing do anything to it :-(
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:43 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Um. cos it isn't blunt?
[Thu Apr 20 22:29:50 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc it's bludgeoning that DOES work.
[Thu Apr 20 22:30:18 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc oops, ok :)
[Thu Apr 20 22:30:36 2006] : (8) Lia: "I suppose"
[Thu Apr 20 22:30:53 2006] : (1) Dan: "So do we consider the hamlet to be saved?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:31:09 2006] : (8) Lia: "I am really not sure"
[Thu Apr 20 22:31:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I read it as "damage reduction 5 against bludgeoning weapons" as well, Delphine
[Thu Apr 20 22:31:37 2006] : (2) DM: ooc A little hint: As players you know the DM would never hand out magical loot willy-nilly when you're first level but your characters wouldn't know that...
[Thu Apr 20 22:31:45 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc dammit, I've been sitting with no drink for 30 minutes when I had another glass of wine left in the decanter!
[Thu Apr 20 22:31:59 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'm sure the small force that Car brought back will be more than enough"
[Thu Apr 20 22:32:10 2006] : (8) Lia: "I am still confused about that stone, and how it came into the hand of those bandits"
[Thu Apr 20 22:32:26 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc but your character didn't know that anyway
[Thu Apr 20 22:32:28 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc DM: I know, which is why I'm searching anyway :-P
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:02 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc /me still tries to understand the meaning of willy-nilly ;)
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Besides: for our chars masterwork is a real good find :)
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:13 2006] : (1) Dan: "I agree Lia, it does not seem likely that bandits would obtain such an item"
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:17 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Could well be worth carrying back to town. As for this speahead - it's a design I've not seen before, and I like novelty."
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:36 2006] : (8) Lia: "One thing is sure, we cleared this tower and its basement. Unless the next creatures are underwater creatures"
[Thu Apr 20 22:33:56 2006] : (1) Dan: "But that could be worth money too. It looks a little golden"
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:16 2006] : (8) Lia: Eollia casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft" )
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:16 2006] : (2) DM: ooc *cough*detectmagic*cough*
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:29 2006] : (1) Dan: "Indeed, who knows, and I'm not in any way willing to go down there"
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:31 2006] : (2) DM: Spell craft check Lia.
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Well then, I'll learn from the design and make myself a copy."
[Thu Apr 20 22:34:46 2006] : (8) Lia: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Thu Apr 20 22:35:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc WOW!
[Thu Apr 20 22:35:07 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia concentrates on the magic vibes of the surroundings
[Thu Apr 20 22:35:27 2006] : (1) Dan: "I wasn't saying that you shouldn't keep it Car"
[Thu Apr 20 22:35:35 2006] : (1) Dan: "It just may be more ornamental"
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Can we just go before my feet start to rot in this muck!"
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:22 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc wow at the roll or at the mod?
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "By all means"
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc At both :)
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:36 2006] : (1) Dan: "Shh, Lia is concentrating"
[Thu Apr 20 22:36:42 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 20 22:37:01 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc it's really the DM that's concentrating ;)
[Thu Apr 20 22:37:16 2006] : (2) DM: Both the spearhead and the breatplate are magical but you can make nothing of the magic within them. It's as if many incredibly fine enchantments permeate the metal and you can't distinguish any particular enchantment. This is the sort of magic you've never seen before nor have you read nor heard any tales on such a thing.
[Thu Apr 20 22:37:18 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc wow, what's your int bonus?
[Thu Apr 20 22:38:04 2006] : (2) DM: ooc +4 to Int does look somewhat high for a druid.
[Thu Apr 20 22:38:20 2006] : (8) Lia: ooc 2, but I took Magical aptitude and 4 ranks :D
[Thu Apr 20 22:38:44 2006] : (8) Lia: "It is so strange"
[Thu Apr 20 22:38:50 2006] : (8) Lia: "This is deinitely magical"
[Thu Apr 20 22:38:58 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Yes ..."
[Thu Apr 20 22:39:11 2006] : (8) Lia: "But I can't place it"
[Thu Apr 20 22:39:19 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "I'm tempted to try using this spearhead on one of my own weapons; it may help me in combat."
[Thu Apr 20 22:39:26 2006] : (8) Lia: "It's complicated, intricate, full"
[Thu Apr 20 22:39:31 2006] : (2) DM: ooc both items behave as masterwork items (for now).
[Thu Apr 20 22:39:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Or it might harm you or us, Caraegyn"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:05 2006] : (1) Dan: "I can examine one of them tomorrow, and the other the day after if you wish"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:18 2006] : (8) Lia: "I believe we should try to make out what they really are"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:21 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: Caraegyn looks a little surprised "Yes. I suppose that is a risk; I shall just carry it for now."
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:25 2006] : (8) Lia: "before we try playing with them"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:32 2006] : (4) Adrin: "He seems capable of that anyway, Ali"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:34 2006] : (8) Lia: "they come from an unatural being"
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:41 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin chuckles
[Thu Apr 20 22:40:43 2006] : (1) Dan: "If needs be, I can do both tomorrow, but that will limit my spells for contingencies to two"
[Thu Apr 20 22:41:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We'll probably need tomorrow to rest anyway, I'm still quite wounded"
[Thu Apr 20 22:41:36 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Bah, I jsut have bad luck at the worst moments."
[Thu Apr 20 22:42:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Isn't that part of the definition of bad luck?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:42:24 2006] : (1) Dan: "I would take that time to scribe a new spell, but alas I have neither the money to do so, or the inks"
[Thu Apr 20 22:42:37 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "No. I have quite good luck at dice."
[Thu Apr 20 22:42:48 2006] : (1) Dan: "But in that case I can examine both items tomorrow"
[Thu Apr 20 22:42:57 2006] : (4) Adrin: Ok, so are we all done here?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:10 2006] : (8) Lia: "We are"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: "or am I the only one with cold, wet feet?"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:13 2006] : (1) Dan: "Then maybe someone in town could reset the spear head"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I mean: luck is bad *because* things go wrong at the worst moments"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:22 2006] : (8) Lia: "Let us go, i am feeling weak and need to rest"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:28 2006] : (1) Dan: "Yes Adrin, I agree. let's go"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Time for a nice walk again"
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:51 2006] : (2) DM: ooc As Caraegyn looks closely at the spear head he sees: "Ctrl Alt Del" enscribed on it.
[Thu Apr 20 22:43:52 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: "Ah, that I can do. I have always made my own spears."
[Thu Apr 20 22:44:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 20 22:45:35 2006] : (2) DM: You exit the celler and emerge into the daylight.
[Thu Apr 20 22:45:50 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan heads out of the dungeon
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:03 2006] : (2) DM: The mist has lifted somwhat and weak sunlight shines though.
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:06 2006] : (1) Dan: "Ah, blessed natural light"
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:17 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Yes, what there is of it"
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Sunshine? I thought it didn't even exist here"
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:41 2006] : (8) Lia: "Nature, at last"
[Thu Apr 20 22:46:54 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc I'm not here next week so if I'm identifying it needs to be done tonight
[Thu Apr 20 22:47:29 2006] : (2) DM: Okay, Casting identify on the spearhead and breastplate?
[Thu Apr 20 22:47:34 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc should have internet by next Thurs. but not sure.
[Thu Apr 20 22:47:54 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc yes, if it's counted as tomorrow
[Thu Apr 20 22:49:28 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc you can always use dial-up... I can provide an account if you need one
[Thu Apr 20 22:49:36 2006] : (2) DM: Unfortunatly your magic fails to reveal anything about the items. The magic within both items is clearly something rare and unusual that a simple spell cannot reveal. Although you think with some weeks of study you may be able to divine something of the nature of the magic within the items.
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:07 2006] : (2) DM: ooc Gosh, has the DM just handed out Epic level items :O
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:22 2006] : (3) Caraegyn: ooc where's a bard when you need one?
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Why am I reminded of leather armour now? ;)
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:37 2006] : (1) Dan: Dan passes the information on, but says that in the meantime Car should go ahead and mount the spearhead
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc analyse dweomer......
[Thu Apr 20 22:50:59 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc not a spell in 3.5e IIRC
[Thu Apr 20 22:51:16 2006] : (8) Lia: Lia ahas observed Dan while he was working his magic on the objects
[Thu Apr 20 22:51:24 2006] : (1) Dan: ooc I'm wrong, it is
[Thu Apr 20 22:52:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "This armour looks better than the one I'm wearing now"
[Thu Apr 20 22:52:32 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Did I get my dex back?
[Thu Apr 20 22:52:59 2006] : (2) DM: You get your dex back after a day.
[Thu Apr 20 22:53:02 2006] : (1) Dan: "If I am to find out what they do i shall need to examine both periodically"
[Thu Apr 20 22:53:42 2006] : (1) Dan: "I can do that in the evenings though"
[Thu Apr 20 22:53:54 2006] : (2) DM: GAME END