Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / nwc - 13 April 2006

[Thu Apr 13 19:40:30 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Apr 13 19:41:16 2006] : (1) DM: Early the next day, Caraegyn leaves at the crack of dawn to summon help from one of the towns.
[Thu Apr 13 19:42:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has a lie in
[Thu Apr 13 19:42:57 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan gets up early and reads his spellbook diligently by candle light
[Thu Apr 13 19:43:39 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I have a stoopid question, do we *need* to write our name before the action thing? isn't the color enough?
[Thu Apr 13 19:44:10 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia gets up early too and takes an hour to prepare herself
[Thu Apr 13 19:44:10 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc It's a fragmentary sentence if you don't, it just looks odd
[Thu Apr 13 19:44:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what Craig said.
[Thu Apr 13 19:46:07 2006] : (1) DM: The noise of unusual marsh birds calling can be heard outside as well as the sounds of the vilagers going about.
[Thu Apr 13 19:46:15 2006] : (2) Aryadan: After a while Dan quietly goes outside to see if there's anything to eat
[Thu Apr 13 19:46:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Damned birds"
[Thu Apr 13 19:47:06 2006] : (1) DM: Outside some of the villagers are doing makeshift repairs to the pallisade.
[Thu Apr 13 19:47:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra reluctantly gets up, washes and goes to find some food
[Thu Apr 13 19:47:52 2006] : (1) DM: This isn't an inn. There is no food except what you provide yourself.
[Thu Apr 13 19:48:08 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan tries to attract one of the villager's attention to try to see if he can buy some breakfast
[Thu Apr 13 19:49:06 2006] : (1) DM: The villagers are too busy to provide food.
[Thu Apr 13 19:49:29 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan wonders if he's too busy to help with their problems
[Thu Apr 13 19:49:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do they expect up to fight on trail rations?"
[Thu Apr 13 19:50:09 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Alas I don't even have those"
[Thu Apr 13 19:50:25 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia eats some berries and things she gathers here and there and provides her colleagues with some as well
[Thu Apr 13 19:50:33 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I shall not avail my arts on an empty stomach"
[Thu Apr 13 19:50:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: 'Have one of mine'
[Thu Apr 13 19:50:54 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc that's a survival roll BTW
[Thu Apr 13 19:51:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra hands Aryadan some food
[Thu Apr 13 19:51:15 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan takes the rations hungrily and with thanks
[Thu Apr 13 19:51:30 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Thankyou Aliatra"
[Thu Apr 13 19:51:58 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I... I haven't really seen much in the way of generosity from the lowlanders. You are my first exception"
[Thu Apr 13 19:52:19 2006] : (4) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Apr 13 19:52:25 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc roflmao
[Thu Apr 13 19:52:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "You can't defend me when you're starving, now can you?"
[Thu Apr 13 19:52:40 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, unfortunatly the unfamiliar terrain yeilds nothing to eat.
[Thu Apr 13 19:53:03 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia comes back with no food and eats a ration
[Thu Apr 13 19:53:07 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Take these folk for instance. They want our help, but can't be polite enough to feed us"
[Thu Apr 13 19:53:33 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc do they look starved?
[Thu Apr 13 19:53:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "They might be rude, they might be unthinking or they might be unable"
[Thu Apr 13 19:54:28 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Yes, I suppose so. I'm not much good with other cultures"
[Thu Apr 13 19:54:58 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "My prior life was quite secluded. I have difficulty sensing the motives of other's actions"
[Thu Apr 13 19:55:04 2006] : (1) DM: The villagers don't look starved, nor do they look too well fed.
[Thu Apr 13 19:55:05 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I suppose you haven't had a lot of contact with them"
[Thu Apr 13 19:55:38 2006] : (1) DM: After some time Taniel approaches.
[Thu Apr 13 19:55:46 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "No indeed, but that's all changing now. In at the deep end as they say, although I have no idea what the meaning is"
[Thu Apr 13 19:55:56 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Good morning."
[Thu Apr 13 19:56:06 2006] : (4) Lia: "Good morning Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 19:56:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Whatever it means: it sounds dangerous"
[Thu Apr 13 19:56:09 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan nods
[Thu Apr 13 19:56:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And a good morning to you as well"
[Thu Apr 13 19:56:22 2006] : (4) Lia: "Taniel, where can I fill my waterskin?"
[Thu Apr 13 19:57:12 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel points towards a covered well.
[Thu Apr 13 19:57:44 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan waits his turn to fill his skin
[Thu Apr 13 19:57:49 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia fills her waterskin
[Thu Apr 13 19:57:51 2006] : (1) Taniel: "If you wish I may lead you towards the tower to the North, it may be that the evil that threatens us comes from there."
[Thu Apr 13 19:58:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra joins the queue
[Thu Apr 13 19:58:33 2006] : (4) Lia: "If you have extra waterskins, don't hesitate, the water in these parts is just notdrinkable, and although we are likely to be soaked, we may die of thirst"
[Thu Apr 13 19:59:03 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I have only one. But it holds 4 pints"
[Thu Apr 13 19:59:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why would we go looking for trouble? Let those zombies come here and we'll kill them deader"
[Thu Apr 13 20:00:12 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I have sharp eyes and a bow. I will go if that is where you think we will best serve"
[Thu Apr 13 20:01:02 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I would do better with a longbow however. Do you have one that I could swap for my shortbow Taniel?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:01:53 2006] : (1) Taniel: "I am afraid not, we hunt birds with short bows as longbows are too impractical when one is waist deep in water."
[Thu Apr 13 20:02:13 2006] : (5) Adrin (enter): 20:02
[Thu Apr 13 20:03:01 2006] : (1) Taniel: "There are been strange reports concerning the tower for some days prior to the zombie attacks. Peculiar lights and so forth."
[Thu Apr 13 20:03:27 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Inside the tower itself?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:03:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin rouses himself from a deep sleep and joins the others
[Thu Apr 13 20:03:53 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Well, sort of around the tower."
[Thu Apr 13 20:05:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That's all very interesting, I'm sure"
[Thu Apr 13 20:05:45 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Um..."
[Thu Apr 13 20:06:00 2006] : (4) Lia: "Hmm, so these zombies could be driven by some other force or person, using magic to animate them."
[Thu Apr 13 20:06:14 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "is the tower inside the stockade?
[Thu Apr 13 20:06:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "When they attack, you know where to find me"
[Thu Apr 13 20:06:41 2006] : (1) Taniel: "The tower is someways to the east, deeper in the marsh."
[Thu Apr 13 20:06:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the villagers to help them with repairing the palissades
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Is there a safe path to reach it?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:10 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc it was North a sec ago ;)
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:15 2006] : (1) Taniel: "I have lived here for most of my life, I know all the safe routes."
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:40 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc so I suck at geography. It's supposed to be to the east.
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:40 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Come Aliatra, it seems most likely that the attacks have a source"
[Thu Apr 13 20:07:57 2006] : (4) Lia: "I would argue going to the tower is the better route"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:03 2006] : (4) Lia: "are we ready to go?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: "But why would they want to force you away from here?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:26 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I am prepared. I have memorized more disrupt undead spells"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I seem to remember us having this discussion last night. Whe are we talking of unnecessary risking our lives again?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:50 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "We are not wandering into the swamp itself"
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Why are we
[Thu Apr 13 20:08:55 2006] : (1) Taniel: "We do not know. There is nothing of value here that can't be found elsewhere in the marsh."
[Thu Apr 13 20:09:14 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Perhaps it is the fact that you block the main road?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:09:30 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Maybe someone wishes unfettered use of the road"
[Thu Apr 13 20:09:51 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc if your character is afraid of unnecessary risks to life then perhaps adventurer isn't the right career choice...
[Thu Apr 13 20:10:19 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Oh, I suppose that could be it."
[Thu Apr 13 20:10:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Or perhaps someone is jealous of your reed harvests"
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:19 2006] : (4) Lia: "Aliatra, you deem them unecessary, I don't."
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:27 2006] : (4) Lia: "If you're afraid, stay here."
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:32 2006] : (1) Taniel: "But the marsh is full of reeds! There's more than enough for anyone."
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:33 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan smirks as if his meanness is funny
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So why do you deem them necessary?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:11:57 2006] : (4) Lia: "Do I have to explain this over and over again?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:12:12 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc DM smirks at Dan's ignorance on the economic importance of good quality reeds.
[Thu Apr 13 20:12:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 13 20:12:38 2006] : (4) Lia: "Undeads are unnatural. I will have no rest until they are done with"
[Thu Apr 13 20:12:40 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc Dan's just a bit mean because he thinks he's better than others :P
[Thu Apr 13 20:13:19 2006] : (4) Lia: "They break the balance of nature, neither dead, nor alive. And that balance must be restored"
[Thu Apr 13 20:13:33 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I will not chase undead into the marshes, but I'm all for finding and stopping a likely cause"
[Thu Apr 13 20:13:55 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "especially if we avoid the bogs"
[Thu Apr 13 20:14:05 2006] : (1) Taniel: "You can be assured of that."
[Thu Apr 13 20:14:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "As for me, I don't mind helping people, but I prefer to do that without getting killed We can fight those "abominations" right here, we don't need to go looking for them"
[Thu Apr 13 20:14:15 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Wandering into the marsh will likely tip the balance of your life towards the dead end"
[Thu Apr 13 20:14:22 2006] : (1) Taniel: "I've never gotten lost in 30 years of living here"
[Thu Apr 13 20:14:41 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Please Aliatra. See the bigger picture. Something caused this. Fight the cause, not the effect"
[Thu Apr 13 20:15:25 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia looks at Aryadan "Well said indeed. Whever or whatever is behind this must be stopped"
[Thu Apr 13 20:15:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well Taniel, if you are willing to guide us then it might be fun"
[Thu Apr 13 20:15:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Will coming with you make you stop nagging me?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:15:59 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia shrugs
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:07 2006] : (4) Lia: "I am ready to go when you are Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:10 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I do not nag. I just see the more important course of action, and try to convince"
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:12 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc ooh!
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "But of course, that is always a personal opinion"
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra shurgs and gets her weapons and gear
[Thu Apr 13 20:16:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I am ready to go"
[Thu Apr 13 20:17:03 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Just let me fetch my gear." Taniel heads of to his house and returns carrying a backpack, a stout staff and a short bow.
[Thu Apr 13 20:17:19 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin runs off to get his pack and sword
[Thu Apr 13 20:17:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lead on, oh fearless leader"
[Thu Apr 13 20:18:40 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel frowns slightly.
[Thu Apr 13 20:18:41 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I think she's talking to you Lia"
[Thu Apr 13 20:18:55 2006] : (1) Taniel: "This way, take care where you step."
[Thu Apr 13 20:20:14 2006] : (1) DM: Taniel leads the way through the marshes, carefully choosing near invisible paths through the bogs and quagmires.
[Thu Apr 13 20:20:30 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Apr 13 20:20:39 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan takes care as he steps, but ensures he's in the middle of the pack
[Thu Apr 13 20:21:02 2006] : (1) DM: After two hours of careful travel the ground becomes drying and starts to slope upwards slightly.
[Thu Apr 13 20:21:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra brings up the back, bow in hand
[Thu Apr 13 20:21:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin stays right behind Taniel
[Thu Apr 13 20:21:22 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Almost there..."
[Thu Apr 13 20:21:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan looks visibly relieved to be back on firmer land
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:09 2006] : (1) Taniel: Looming out of the mist ahead is the squat, ruined tower situated on one of the rare high points of land in the marshes.
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:27 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc any dwarfs or people with Knowledge: Engineering?
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "So that is our goal for today"
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:44 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc So this is what Ely looked like 10 centuries ago ;)
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Thu Apr 13 20:22:57 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc nope
[Thu Apr 13 20:23:08 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc and nope
[Thu Apr 13 20:23:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc me barbarian!
[Thu Apr 13 20:23:32 2006] : (1) Taniel: "The ground here is no longer treacherous so you may make the rest of the way safely yourselfs."
[Thu Apr 13 20:23:47 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Will you be waiting for us?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:23:49 2006] : (1) Taniel: "I will wait here for you to return until 2 hours before sundown."
[Thu Apr 13 20:24:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc well, guess what I had just typed, word for word!!
[Thu Apr 13 20:24:20 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "And if we don't return this evening? Will you come back tomorrow?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:25:28 2006] : (1) Taniel: "If you do not return before sundown then you'll probably be dead. The tower is not large enough for you to spend more than a couple of hours within."
[Thu Apr 13 20:25:40 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc brb
[Thu Apr 13 20:25:42 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc give me 3 minutes, starting now
[Thu Apr 13 20:25:47 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc perfect ;)
[Thu Apr 13 20:25:52 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, theres a vote of confidence"
[Thu Apr 13 20:26:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Indeed. If we find any secret tunnels inside we will have to return to report this evening"
[Thu Apr 13 20:27:16 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "It's amazing how easy they seem to be to find sometimes"
[Thu Apr 13 20:27:45 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc where did Aryadan get experience with secret tunnels?
[Thu Apr 13 20:28:28 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Well, good luck."
[Thu Apr 13 20:28:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc you know those elf types. Always making them
[Thu Apr 13 20:28:58 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc he's an elf, they just know about these things apparently
[Thu Apr 13 20:29:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Shalll I go first then?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:29:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: A switches her bow for her sword
[Thu Apr 13 20:29:52 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "If you wish. Maybe Adrin is better? He's light on his feet"
[Thu Apr 13 20:30:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "How about both of us then?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:30:35 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "I'm sure Lia and I can look after each other at the back"
[Thu Apr 13 20:30:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's go and do some chopping up"
[Thu Apr 13 20:30:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the tower
[Thu Apr 13 20:30:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Indeed", Adrin draws his sword
[Thu Apr 13 20:31:04 2006] : (4) Lia: "We can."
[Thu Apr 13 20:31:20 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia has her sickle in hand
[Thu Apr 13 20:31:24 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan keeps his bow in hand for now
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Is the door to the tower locked?
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:30 2006] : (1) Taniel: Can I have some listen checks.
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:34 2006] : (5) Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19)
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:52 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:52 2006] : (4) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu Apr 13 20:33:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc if its 'Ruined ' then it shouldn't be too secure
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:08 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc that's wrong
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:14 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc should be +5
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:25 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc you still heard bugger all
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:49 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc ;-)
[Thu Apr 13 20:34:59 2006] : (1) DM: Move silently checks too.
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:07 2006] : (4) Lia: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:17 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [20,-2] = (18)
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:34 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc what synchronization Bert and I ;-)
[Thu Apr 13 20:35:45 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc a well oiled machine
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Shh, there is someone in the tower"
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:28 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I heard them shout"
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:36 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I didn't ! :P
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What, you didn't expect that?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Lia, you were futher behind.
[Thu Apr 13 20:36:52 2006] : (2) Aryadan: *whisper* "do you think that they know that we're here?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:07 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc yep, sorry :)
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:09 2006] : (4) Lia: "I don't know"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Its seems possible, Dan"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:19 2006] : (4) Lia: "It would make sense though"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "How could then? We didn't know until 5 minutes before we got on our way"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:30 2006] : (4) Lia: "We haven't been exactly..well, silent"
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:35 2006] : (1) DM: You're too far away to make out what's being said.
[Thu Apr 13 20:37:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets go on"
[Thu Apr 13 20:38:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's just go in and kick some ass"
[Thu Apr 13 20:38:09 2006] : (4) Lia: "And let us be quiet"
[Thu Apr 13 20:38:38 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc how quiet is casting a spell?
[Thu Apr 13 20:38:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc talking in a normal voice.
[Thu Apr 13 20:39:10 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour.
[Thu Apr 13 20:39:23 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc as quietly as possible
[Thu Apr 13 20:39:35 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc we thought they'd heard us anyway
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:25 2006] : (1) DM: The shouting stops. followed by a loud clattering sound.
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:41 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:44 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:55 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Apr 13 20:40:57 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Apr 13 20:41:00 2006] : (4) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:00 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, Lia and Aliatra, you spot a head peeking over thr ruined parapet of the tower.
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:08 2006] : (1) DM: Everyone roll initiative.
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:16 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:17 2006] : (4) Lia: Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Apr 13 20:42:59 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Thu Apr 13 20:43:42 2006] : (1) DM: An arrow flys from the tower top aimed at Adrin
[Thu Apr 13 20:43:48 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Thu Apr 13 20:43:50 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu Apr 13 20:44:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc AC, Adrin?
[Thu Apr 13 20:44:11 2006] : (5) Adrin: 15 :(
[Thu Apr 13 20:44:21 2006] : (2) Aryadan: 18
[Thu Apr 13 20:44:28 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc oh, not me
[Thu Apr 13 20:45:10 2006] : (1) DM: The arrow sticks into your shoulder. Take [3d6] -> [2,1,1] = (4) damage.
[Thu Apr 13 20:45:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc bah :(
[Thu Apr 13 20:45:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Urgh"
[Thu Apr 13 20:45:31 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 20:45:58 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc can I see them?
[Thu Apr 13 20:46:10 2006] : (1) DM: You can see the archer on the top of the tower.
[Thu Apr 13 20:46:25 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc how far away is he?
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc he or she is about 120 ft away.
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:28 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Araydan shoots back
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:33 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:44 2006] : (2) Aryadan: "Ah, damnation"
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:46 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow glances off the parapet.
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: done
[Thu Apr 13 20:47:56 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 20:48:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Running to the tower
[Thu Apr 13 20:48:48 2006] : (1) DM: Ahead is the tower with a doorway blocked by a door of what appears to be blackened metal.
[Thu Apr 13 20:48:56 2006] : (1) DM: How far? It's 120 ft to the tower.
[Thu Apr 13 20:49:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: As far as I can get
[Thu Apr 13 20:49:43 2006] : (1) DM: Which is...?
[Thu Apr 13 20:49:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: 80 ft
[Thu Apr 13 20:49:58 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:08 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:23 2006] : (4) Lia: Adrin, can I help?
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:35 2006] : (4) Lia: Player Name casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8 +1/level damage (max +5)" )
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:42 2006] : (4) Lia: [1d8+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:51 2006] : (4) Lia: on Adrin
[Thu Apr 13 20:50:53 2006] : (4) Lia: done
[Thu Apr 13 20:51:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin brightens up
[Thu Apr 13 20:51:22 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn. You haven't spotted the archer and don't know where the arrow came from.
[Thu Apr 13 20:51:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: Run for the door, all the way
[Thu Apr 13 20:52:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: can I put my shoudler to it as I reach the door?
[Thu Apr 13 20:52:35 2006] : (1) DM: The archer takes a shot at Aliatra
[Thu Apr 13 20:52:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Apr 13 20:52:56 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 20:52:58 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc spoilsport :P
[Thu Apr 13 20:53:06 2006] : (1) DM: The arrow thuds into the dirt.
[Thu Apr 13 20:53:49 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 20:53:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on running
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:12 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Dan runs 30 feet then shoots again
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Hurry, they want to lock the door!"
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Get the door open!"
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:15 2006] : (2) Aryadan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:24 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc hmm
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:28 2006] : (1) DM: The arrow shatters on the stonework.
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:39 2006] : (2) Aryadan: done
[Thu Apr 13 20:54:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc can't you do a fireball or something? :P
[Thu Apr 13 20:55:02 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, you may run the remaining 40 ft and attempt to open the door (str check).
[Thu Apr 13 20:55:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu Apr 13 20:56:08 2006] : (1) DM: The door groans and grinds and then swings open suddenly, knocking the person behind it flying.
[Thu Apr 13 20:56:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And who might you be then?"
[Thu Apr 13 20:56:59 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin and Aliatra, inside the tower you see two more people, one dressed in mail and another in robes lying sprawled on the ground.
[Thu Apr 13 20:57:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc one moment drawing a map.
[Thu Apr 13 20:57:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc can be bothered to draw a round tower? Nah. This tower is square!
[Thu Apr 13 20:59:41 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc they were in Britain before the Normans arrived weren't they?
[Thu Apr 13 21:01:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc round towers were sometime after that I think.
[Thu Apr 13 21:01:26 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn. Your still some 120 ft away from the tower.
[Thu Apr 13 21:01:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc You're.
[Thu Apr 13 21:01:43 2006] : (4) Lia: Run to the tower to join the others
[Thu Apr 13 21:01:59 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 13 21:02:48 2006] : (2) Aryadan: run the remaining 90 feet to the others
[Thu Apr 13 21:03:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: run into the tower to the right of #2
[Thu Apr 13 21:03:17 2006] : (1) DM: Uh, I said Adrin.
[Thu Apr 13 21:03:27 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc I keep doing that
[Thu Apr 13 21:03:43 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc change your name to Dan once and for all :P
[Thu Apr 13 21:03:45 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you can attack (etc) if you wish.
[Thu Apr 13 21:04:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, swing at #2
[Thu Apr 13 21:04:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,5,3] = (13)
[Thu Apr 13 21:04:44 2006] : (1) DM: You chop down at the prone person lying at your feet causing a mortal wound.
[Thu Apr 13 21:05:19 2006] : (1) DM: The mailed figter charges Adrin
[Thu Apr 13 21:05:24 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Apr 13 21:05:44 2006] : (1) DM: The archer aims at Adrin also.
[Thu Apr 13 21:05:49 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Apr 13 21:06:06 2006] : (1) DM: The robed person bleeds some more.
[Thu Apr 13 21:06:47 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan, running the rest of the way?
[Thu Apr 13 21:06:51 2006] : (2) Aryadan: yup
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc either this robed guy is important or dave is getting more detailed with his NPC's :)
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:19 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:32 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc can I have a counter??
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:41 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc err.. thanks
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc bah. Forgot.
[Thu Apr 13 21:07:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do you want to fight or live?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:08:20 2006] : (1) DM: A stirge swoops down at Adrin.
[Thu Apr 13 21:08:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Does he answer me?
[Thu Apr 13 21:09:03 2006] : (1) Bandits: "Fight and you die sounds better!"
[Thu Apr 13 21:09:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Then die"
[Thu Apr 13 21:09:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [4,3,6] = (13)
[Thu Apr 13 21:09:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc should #3 not be over beside me after he charged?
[Thu Apr 13 21:09:58 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc now that they have the monicker 'Bandits' we can kill them ;)
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc nah, bandits have a chance, its the Random Encounters you have to feel sorry for
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:35 2006] : (1) Bandits: The mailed fighter takes a heavy blow to the side and falls to the ground bleeding heavily.
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:38 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc anyone up for tea :P
[Thu Apr 13 21:10:48 2006] : (1) Bandits: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 21:11:40 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia joins the fray and slices
[Thu Apr 13 21:11:58 2006] : (4) Lia: Sickle (base): [1d20+0] -> [5,0] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Apr 13 21:11:58 2006] : (1) DM: At who? Both the robed guy and the mailed dude are down.
[Thu Apr 13 21:12:09 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc which is which?
[Thu Apr 13 21:12:25 2006] : (1) DM: The archer guy is on a wooded platform reachable by some stairs.
[Thu Apr 13 21:12:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc #2 robed; #1 archer; #3 fighter
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc #4 is a stirge
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:15 2006] : (4) Lia: ok, can I get to the Strige?
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:24 2006] : (1) DM: Yup.
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:32 2006] : (4) Lia: then at 4
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:55 2006] : (1) DM: You miss.
[Thu Apr 13 21:13:59 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: Charge #1
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:22 2006] : (2) Aryadan: can I see the archer?
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: unless Dan is in the way
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:27 2006] : (1) DM: oo can't, he's above you.
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:37 2006] : (2) Aryadan: ooc sorry, did it again!
[Thu Apr 13 21:14:53 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, run right up to him
[Thu Apr 13 21:15:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc ahhh, I was looking a the stairs from the other way
[Thu Apr 13 21:15:55 2006] : (1) DM: The archer steps backwards and put away this bow before drawing a shortsword.
[Thu Apr 13 21:16:10 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan?
[Thu Apr 13 21:16:23 2006] : (2) Aryadan: MOve into the twoer
[Thu Apr 13 21:16:28 2006] : (2) Aryadan: err tower
[Thu Apr 13 21:16:49 2006] : (2) Dan: Can I see him?
[Thu Apr 13 21:16:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc forgot the stirge's AoO. [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Apr 13 21:17:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: hit
[Thu Apr 13 21:17:49 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, you have a stirge clinging onto your back. It's probiscus probing a gap in your armour.
[Thu Apr 13 21:18:14 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you can see the guy on the walkway.
[Thu Apr 13 21:18:51 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc did Adrin run up there with the Stirge on him?
[Thu Apr 13 21:19:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc I would guess so
[Thu Apr 13 21:19:35 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you want to finish your turn?
[Thu Apr 13 21:19:43 2006] : (2) Dan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Apr 13 21:19:59 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow nicks his ear.
[Thu Apr 13 21:20:06 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 21:21:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Going over to Dan and attackint the stirge
[Thu Apr 13 21:21:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Greatsword (base): [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [4,2,6] = (12)
[Thu Apr 13 21:21:23 2006] : (1) DM: Can't, it's too far.
[Thu Apr 13 21:21:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Just going over then
[Thu Apr 13 21:21:48 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Thu Apr 13 21:22:20 2006] : (4) Lia: Starting to stabilize the robed guy
[Thu Apr 13 21:22:26 2006] : (4) Lia: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 21:22:53 2006] : (1) DM: You attempt to close the gaping wound but your hands slip in the blood.
[Thu Apr 13 21:22:53 2006] : (4) Lia: done
[Thu Apr 13 21:23:16 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin (not Araydan!)?
[Thu Apr 13 21:23:43 2006] : (5) Adrin: can I crush the stirge against the wall?
[Thu Apr 13 21:24:07 2006] : (1) DM: You can try.
[Thu Apr 13 21:24:22 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, I slam my back into the wall
[Thu Apr 13 21:24:45 2006] : (1) DM: oooc uh... 1d6 + str damage?
[Thu Apr 13 21:24:56 2006] : (5) Adrin: [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 21:25:32 2006] : (1) DM: There's a crunchy splat.
[Thu Apr 13 21:25:54 2006] : (1) DM: And bits of crapace and fluids splatter over the wall.
[Thu Apr 13 21:26:00 2006] : (1) DM: carapace.
[Thu Apr 13 21:26:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: :)
[Thu Apr 13 21:26:42 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, you notice the robed perons eyes dim in death.
[Thu Apr 13 21:26:50 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc "a crunchy splat"? That sounds sooooo gross
[Thu Apr 13 21:27:48 2006] : (4) Lia: "He's dying"
[Thu Apr 13 21:28:01 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I think he's past that
[Thu Apr 13 21:28:03 2006] : (1) DM: The leader turns and runs along the walkway and drops down to the ground, dashing out of the door.
[Thu Apr 13 21:28:16 2006] : (4) Lia: "He's dead"
[Thu Apr 13 21:28:29 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc a cure minor wounds does the job of a heal check with no possiblilty of failure BTW
[Thu Apr 13 21:28:54 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I thought about it too late :(
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:07 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan?
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc out of the front door, or onto the roof?
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:24 2006] : (1) DM: Out of the front door, he jumped off the edge of the walkway.
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:39 2006] : (1) DM: It was only a drop of 10 ft.
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:50 2006] : (1) DM: Though he dip yelp as he landed.
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:51 2006] : (2) Dan: move 30 feet... where is he?
[Thu Apr 13 21:29:53 2006] : (1) DM: did.
[Thu Apr 13 21:30:19 2006] : (1) DM: About 60 ft away, and due west.
[Thu Apr 13 21:30:26 2006] : (1) DM: ooc scroll the map down.
[Thu Apr 13 21:31:07 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc he can move, drop, but then only move 30 feet surely?
[Thu Apr 13 21:32:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Uh? Can he? He has a total move of 120 ft.
[Thu Apr 13 21:32:26 2006] : (2) Dan: 120 feet In a straight line
[Thu Apr 13 21:32:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc okay, mr rules lawyer, page in the PHB, please.
[Thu Apr 13 21:33:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm not sure offhand
[Thu Apr 13 21:33:23 2006] : ** (3) Aliatra leans back as she watches the boys fight **
[Thu Apr 13 21:33:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc page 144,
[Thu Apr 13 21:35:02 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 4x speed in a straight line
[Thu Apr 13 21:35:14 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc (for those who aren't looking it up)
[Thu Apr 13 21:35:26 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc lol, how did you know ;)
[Thu Apr 13 21:35:33 2006] : (1) DM: Finish your turn, Araydan.
[Thu Apr 13 21:36:06 2006] : (2) Dan: I only move 25 feet
[Thu Apr 13 21:36:12 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Grease (level 1): Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery (Reflex save DC 17).
[Thu Apr 13 21:36:33 2006] : (2) Dan: rear of the 10 feet just by his feet
[Thu Apr 13 21:36:41 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Apr 13 21:37:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Thu Apr 13 21:38:01 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 13 21:38:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Running outside and switching my sword for my bow
[Thu Apr 13 21:39:27 2006] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Apr 13 21:39:51 2006] : (1) DM: Lia? The mailed guy is still breathing, btw.
[Thu Apr 13 21:39:58 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc the robed is dead, what about the other one?
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:01 2006] : (4) Lia: ooclol
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:11 2006] : (4) Lia: ok, on the mailed guy
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:13 2006] : (4) Lia: Eollia casts Cure Minor Wounds ( level 0, "Cures 1 point of damage" )
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:21 2006] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:24 2006] : (4) Lia: done
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:28 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc is Ali blocking the doorway?
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:39 2006] : (1) DM: You can move past her.
[Thu Apr 13 21:40:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: ok, give chase, as close as I can get
[Thu Apr 13 21:41:36 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 21:41:43 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 21:42:00 2006] : (1) DM: The bandit flails his arms and slips and lands on his arse.
[Thu Apr 13 21:42:10 2006] : (1) DM: Araydan?
[Thu Apr 13 21:42:31 2006] : (2) Dan: Shoot him
[Thu Apr 13 21:42:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Apr 13 21:42:49 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc bonus for prone?
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:02 2006] : (1) DM: Not for ranged.
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:10 2006] : (2) Dan: ok, move 30 feet
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:17 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:21 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow ruffles the grass.
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:28 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Shooting
[Thu Apr 13 21:43:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Shortbow (base): [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Apr 13 21:44:49 2006] : (1) DM: A hit
[Thu Apr 13 21:45:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: And then moving closer
[Thu Apr 13 21:45:16 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Apr 13 21:45:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc then move your minature then!
[Thu Apr 13 21:46:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: iic I did :P
[Thu Apr 13 21:46:22 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc is the mailed guy ok?
[Thu Apr 13 21:46:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc he's stabilized but unconcious.
[Thu Apr 13 21:46:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Who cares? He's a bandit ;)
[Thu Apr 13 21:46:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 13 21:47:35 2006] : (4) Lia: moving. done
[Thu Apr 13 21:47:41 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Thu Apr 13 21:48:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: move over and whack the nasty banditses
[Thu Apr 13 21:48:18 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,5,3] = (9)
[Thu Apr 13 21:48:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc can I take 20 on an attack roll?
[Thu Apr 13 21:48:41 2006] : (1) DM: Miss, the bandit deperatly parries.
[Thu Apr 13 21:48:46 2006] : (1) DM: desperatly.
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:25 2006] : (1) DM: The bandit get to his feet.
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:30 2006] : (1) DM: AoO Adrin.
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:33 2006] : (5) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,6,3] = (15)
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:41 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc ouch
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc thats gonna sting
[Thu Apr 13 21:49:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc grease only lasted 1 round. It's gone now
[Thu Apr 13 21:50:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc where can I find another point of AC, from...?
[Thu Apr 13 21:51:35 2006] : (1) DM: The bandit is struck and falls.
[Thu Apr 13 21:52:19 2006] : (1) DM: Combat is over.
[Thu Apr 13 21:52:48 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin reaches down and trails the bandit into the tower by his foot
[Thu Apr 13 21:52:55 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, I was rather useless in direct combat, but at least I was able to stall him"
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:05 2006] : (1) DM: You leave a smear of blood on the grass
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What do you want to do now, Lia?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:12 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia goes back inside
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "Umm, are any of them still alive?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:32 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia searches the robed guys
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan follows the others back in
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:40 2006] : (1) DM: The leader and the fighter are both still alive.
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:50 2006] : (1) DM: The leader is dying rapidly though.
[Thu Apr 13 21:53:54 2006] : (4) Lia: ah
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:04 2006] : (4) Lia: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:13 2006] : (4) Lia: on the leader
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:23 2006] : (1) DM: Care to try again?
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:26 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc good healer that I make ;)
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:30 2006] : (4) Lia: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Apr 13 21:54:45 2006] : (1) DM: You patch the leader enough so that he's not going to die right now.
[Thu Apr 13 21:55:19 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia sees the leader is stabilized and searches the robed guy
[Thu Apr 13 21:55:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe we should take them back to the village to see if they care to explain themselves there?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:55:34 2006] : (1) DM: You search the robed guy and find a purse of coins, a dagger and a leather bound book, mostly blank pages and cryptic words on the first dozen or some pages.
[Thu Apr 13 21:55:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "May I look at the book?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:23 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That was a nice little fogut, but where are the zombies?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:28 2006] : (4) Lia: "sure"
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:38 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia hands the book to Dan
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc rrr. can't find anything in the new 3.5 DMG yet. Everything's moved!
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:47 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 13 21:56:49 2006] : (1) DM: It's a spell book.
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:01 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc fogut?
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah, a spell bok!"
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:17 2006] : (2) Dan: "Do you mind if I keep this for perusal?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:31 2006] : (4) Lia: "No, of course, go ahead"
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "There may be spell sin here that I do not possess"
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:48 2006] : (4) Lia: "anyone needs a dagger?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:57:49 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe you can show us whats in it when we get back to the village"
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Already got one tucked in my boot, thanks"
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "If you like, though spell books are difficult"
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "Are you able to read spells?"
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:41 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia then tends to the leader and tries to wake him up
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:41 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, no."
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:42 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [91] = (91)
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:52 2006] : (1) DM: 2d8
[Thu Apr 13 21:58:57 2006] : (1) DM: [2d8] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin looks a little embarresed
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:14 2006] : (1) DM: The wizard's purse contains 80 gold pieces.
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:24 2006] : (2) Dan: "No need to flush, the arcane arts are not for everyone"
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:25 2006] : (4) Lia: "Some treasure here"
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:55 2006] : (1) DM: Anyone searched the other bodies/people?
[Thu Apr 13 21:59:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Ah, money"
[Thu Apr 13 22:00:28 2006] : (4) Lia: As she treies to wake the leader up, Lia searches him
[Thu Apr 13 22:00:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra has a look around on the upper floor
[Thu Apr 13 22:00:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan searches the ground floor
[Thu Apr 13 22:00:58 2006] : (2) Dan: take 20
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:03 2006] : (2) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:08 2006] : (2) Dan: err 27
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:08 2006] : (1) DM: The leader is wearing studded leather of good quality (masterwork) and carries a masterwork short sword, a short bow and 15 arrows.
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:31 2006] : (1) DM: And a purse containing...
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:34 2006] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [20] = (20)
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:49 2006] : (1) DM: 4d10
[Thu Apr 13 22:01:52 2006] : (1) DM: [4d10] -> [1,5,4,10] = (20)
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:00 2006] : (1) DM: 200 gold pieces.
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:13 2006] : (4) Lia: "Wow, that purse is loaded
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "It certainly is!"
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I dont think I've ever seen so much gold"
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:33 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc do I manage to bring him back to his senses?
[Thu Apr 13 22:02:51 2006] : (1) DM: The mailed fighter is wearing chain mail, carries a long sword and a purse with [2d8] -> [6,7] = (13) x 10 gold pieces.
[Thu Apr 13 22:03:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc wow. These random treasure tables are generous.
[Thu Apr 13 22:03:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra searches the upper floor (taking 20, making it 22)
[Thu Apr 13 22:03:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc maybe I'm using them wrong...
[Thu Apr 13 22:03:30 2006] : (2) Dan: oo clol
[Thu Apr 13 22:04:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc so thats 410gp?
[Thu Apr 13 22:04:04 2006] : (1) DM: On the ground floor are 3 backpacks with misc supplies and rations, 3 bedrolls etc.
[Thu Apr 13 22:04:46 2006] : (1) DM: And one the far corner under the the greenery growing between the cracks of the floor slabs is a black metal trapdoor.
[Thu Apr 13 22:04:59 2006] : (1) DM: The two people remain unconcious.
[Thu Apr 13 22:05:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "I know I don't tend to get into physical fights, but I'd be more threatening with a longsword than with this staff"
[Thu Apr 13 22:05:17 2006] : (2) Dan: "Does anyone mind if I take it?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:05:33 2006] : (1) DM: Also on the leader is a curious round black object made of some glassey material, it's about the size of a small egg but perfectly spherical.
[Thu Apr 13 22:05:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc What about the upper floor?
[Thu Apr 13 22:05:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc rations!!
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:04 2006] : (1) DM: The upper 'floor' is just a wood walkway, there's nothing there.
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "Ah, food!"
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:25 2006] : (1) DM: There are 15 daily rations.
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Coming down again
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm sorry, but I neglected to bring much store and ate what I had on the cuaseway"
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Find anything interesting? Did anyone of them talk yet?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:06:51 2006] : (4) Lia: "I cannot help those men"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:03 2006] : (4) Lia: "So unless we carry them back to the village to tend to them"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:07 2006] : (4) Lia: "they will probably die"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:21 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We should split the rations between us all"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:41 2006] : (4) Lia: "Look at this" Lia shows the speherical things
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "What about the longsword, does anyone mind?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:51 2006] : (1) DM: [4d31] -> [12,6,10,4] = (32)
[Thu Apr 13 22:07:54 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Hmmm"
[Thu Apr 13 22:08:06 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc d31?
[Thu Apr 13 22:08:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What about what longsword?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:08:17 2006] : (4) Lia: Eollia casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft" )
[Thu Apr 13 22:08:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Go ahead, I wouldn't mind trying on this studded armour. It looks much better than my own"
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:00 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you casting Lia?
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "The one on the mailed fellow"
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:25 2006] : (4) Lia: Where I am
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If you can use it, take it"
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I was picking 4 level 1 spells. there are 31 to choose from.
[Thu Apr 13 22:09:55 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have the spellbook already, so I won't take it if someone else wants it"
[Thu Apr 13 22:10:17 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc will the scroll list help you DM?
[Thu Apr 13 22:10:18 2006] : (4) Lia: Aimed at the black egg that's not an egg
[Thu Apr 13 22:10:27 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc roll on that
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:11 2006] : (1) DM: The black sphere seems to contain some residual magic.
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:22 2006] : (1) DM: Spellcraft check.
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Who found the trapdoor and why didn't s/he shout about it?
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:30 2006] : (4) Lia: "Hmmm. Faint traces of magic there"
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ""
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:41 2006] : (4) Lia: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Where?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:49 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc hmpf
[Thu Apr 13 22:11:59 2006] : (4) Lia: "on this shphere"
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:06 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I got 27 on a search, but never saw anything about a trapdoor
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:13 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tries on the studded leather armour
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:27 2006] : (1) DM: And one the far corner under the the greenery growing between the cracks of the floor slabs is a black metal trapdoor.
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:29 2006] : (4) Lia: "but it's so faint that I can't make out what it was used for"
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:44 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc read up and saw it now
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:45 2006] : (4) Lia: "hurray!"
[Thu Apr 13 22:12:55 2006] : (4) Lia: oops, that was meant to be ooc
[Thu Apr 13 22:13:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "Alas, I believed that we were to face undead today"
[Thu Apr 13 22:13:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "I did not read a detect magic spell"
[Thu Apr 13 22:13:47 2006] : (4) Lia: "I just cast one"
[Thu Apr 13 22:14:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, but mayhap I could have learned more about the item"
[Thu Apr 13 22:14:17 2006] : (4) Lia: "sure"
[Thu Apr 13 22:14:33 2006] : (1) DM: 300 XP each.
[Thu Apr 13 22:14:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are we done here?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "Apart from the trapdoor"
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Halfway there :)
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:15 2006] : (4) Lia: "A trapdoor?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:15 2006] : (1) DM: 340 XP I mean, forgot the stirge.
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:24 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "What trapdoor?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:15:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sorry, yes, I found one in the corner"
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:00 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Maybe we'll find the undead down there"
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "I was busy looking at the spellbook"
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:12 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia goes to the trap door and examines it
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ""We might"
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:19 2006] : (4) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:30 2006] : (2) Dan: "It would be nice to think that we could rid the world of them"
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:44 2006] : (1) DM: The trapdoor a featureless except for a large metal ring that you presume is a handle.
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:45 2006] : (4) Lia: "Yes."
[Thu Apr 13 22:16:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Sword ready, me ready: let's go!"
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:02 2006] : (4) Lia: "Shall we try this?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:06 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes 20 looking for anything trap like
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:12 2006] : (2) Dan: 27
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra lifts the trapdoor
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:19 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia keeps her sickle in hand
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:30 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc err, Ok, I don't ;)
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc uh, only rogues can find traps, right?
[Thu Apr 13 22:17:35 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc nope
[Thu Apr 13 22:18:00 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc only rogues can find traps with a DC higher than 20, or magical ones
[Thu Apr 13 22:18:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc ah, yes.
[Thu Apr 13 22:18:30 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc which is actually most traps ;)
[Thu Apr 13 22:18:42 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra pulls hard on the door's handle, but it doesn't budge.
[Thu Apr 13 22:18:54 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Let me help"
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:09 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Seems to be locked or something"
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin hauls on the handle
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra helps
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:22 2006] : (1) DM: Still doen't move.
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:47 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmm, locked from below?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:19:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan helps the others
[Thu Apr 13 22:21:01 2006] : (1) DM: Other than straining your muscles nothing happens.
[Thu Apr 13 22:21:26 2006] : (4) Lia: "Well there ahas to be a mechanism of some sort, because it is not sealed with magic. I would have detexcted it"
[Thu Apr 13 22:21:46 2006] : (4) Lia: take 20 on examining the whole thing this time
[Thu Apr 13 22:21:52 2006] : (4) Lia: 22
[Thu Apr 13 22:21:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We'd have a hell of a time smashing it, since it's made out of some metal"
[Thu Apr 13 22:22:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "I beleive that there is a spell that can undo locks, but alas, I do not know the spell"
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:09 2006] : (4) Lia: "neither do I. I don't quite understand how this thing is sealed"
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:17 2006] : (1) DM: I should have said featureless apart from the handle... and the hinges.
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:27 2006] : (4) Lia: "None of the bandits had a key of any kind"
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:39 2006] : (4) Lia: "unless..."
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And now we do what? Until until it opens? Or perhaps try that stone thingy?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:23:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Wait until it opens
[Thu Apr 13 22:24:03 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia brings the stone closer to the trap
[Thu Apr 13 22:24:35 2006] : (1) DM: Nothing happens.
[Thu Apr 13 22:25:10 2006] : (4) Lia: "Maybe with a tool to break the hinges?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:25:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc just to check, do the hinges make the door open upwards?
[Thu Apr 13 22:25:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes they do.
[Thu Apr 13 22:26:03 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin tries turning the handle
[Thu Apr 13 22:26:09 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia tries to move the hadle in all possible directions
[Thu Apr 13 22:26:18 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc hehe
[Thu Apr 13 22:26:29 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc :)
[Thu Apr 13 22:26:59 2006] : (1) DM: The handle is a ring of metal fastened to a small hoop. It doesn't turn.
[Thu Apr 13 22:27:17 2006] : (4) Lia: and hoop is blended into the trap I suppose
[Thu Apr 13 22:27:29 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan examines the frame of the door
[Thu Apr 13 22:27:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc what's it made of?
[Thu Apr 13 22:27:47 2006] : (1) DM: The frame of the door is the stone flags of the floor.
[Thu Apr 13 22:28:18 2006] : (2) Dan: "Perhaps we can prise some of these flagstones up?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:28:27 2006] : (1) DM: The hinges appear to be set into the stonework.
[Thu Apr 13 22:28:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "by the hinges?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:29:04 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin takes a Bandit dagger and tries to work it into the gaps
[Thu Apr 13 22:29:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "That may lift the door up"
[Thu Apr 13 22:29:30 2006] : (1) DM: A dagger doesn't provide enough leverage.
[Thu Apr 13 22:30:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let me help you"
[Thu Apr 13 22:30:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra uses her greatsword
[Thu Apr 13 22:31:04 2006] : (1) DM: Str check.
[Thu Apr 13 22:31:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Thu Apr 13 22:31:37 2006] : (5) Adrin: +2 for me also doing it?
[Thu Apr 13 22:31:50 2006] : (1) DM: You give your sword a mighty heave and there's a loud snap as your sword breaks in two.
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:06 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc putain de merde
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:07 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I so saw that coming
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Damn it"
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:18 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc shit whore??
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:28 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are there any swords lying around here?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:29 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ROFL!
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:32 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc lol, freaking hell in purer language
[Thu Apr 13 22:32:35 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Hmmm maybe that wasn't such a good idea"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:00 2006] : (4) Lia: "Maybe using the short part of the broken sword will help"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "Err, would you like this?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:15 2006] : (4) Lia: "I doubt that we want to bsnap all of our swords"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:21 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan hands Lia the longsword
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:29 2006] : (2) Dan: "Not to prise, but to use"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:35 2006] : (4) Lia: "Not that I care much for these weapons, but I suppose you do"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:39 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Well, if we can't get it open, we can't get it open"
[Thu Apr 13 22:33:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Thank you, I'd feel naked without one"
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc err, not Lia, Aliatra, obviously
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:15 2006] : (4) Lia: "OK, there has to be a way. A lever somewhere"
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I trust someone has put crowbar on their shopping list... ;)
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:36 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc definitely not me :)
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:45 2006] : (2) Dan: "Good idea Lia"
[Thu Apr 13 22:34:58 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia gets up and start examining the walls in the trap door corner
[Thu Apr 13 22:35:03 2006] : (4) Lia: taking 20
[Thu Apr 13 22:35:09 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan searches the walls for an opening mechanism
[Thu Apr 13 22:35:10 2006] : (4) Lia: 22
[Thu Apr 13 22:35:14 2006] : (2) Dan: 27
[Thu Apr 13 22:36:28 2006] : (1) DM: The walls are made of blocks of stone cut so well they fit together almost perfectly. There is nothing else unusual about the walls.
[Thu Apr 13 22:36:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stars pushing blocks around the walls
[Thu Apr 13 22:36:58 2006] : (1) DM: None of them move.
[Thu Apr 13 22:37:08 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc no secret doors, elfie? ;)
[Thu Apr 13 22:37:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "Lia, you work one way, i'll work the other"
[Thu Apr 13 22:37:21 2006] : (4) Lia: "It's not working"
[Thu Apr 13 22:37:55 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia shouts "Abracadabra, porte ouvre toi" in druidic
[Thu Apr 13 22:37:59 2006] : (2) Dan: "just keep pushing, any block within reach. We've hours before we are due to be taken back"
[Thu Apr 13 22:38:42 2006] : (1) DM: Hundreds of ordinary, unmovable blocks later...
[Thu Apr 13 22:39:00 2006] : (4) Lia: "OK, anyone has a potion of some kind, to wake these people up?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:39:52 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia goes outside and searches the outside walls and around the tower
[Thu Apr 13 22:40:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "Are you kidding, do you know how much those potions cost?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:40:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why not wait for now, that trapdoor is sure to open if there really are undead in there"
[Thu Apr 13 22:40:39 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc did we split the money btw?
[Thu Apr 13 22:41:12 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc /me can see the DM laughing at us. Hmpf
[Thu Apr 13 22:41:14 2006] : (1) DM: Outside the tower is grass, ferns and other greenery,
[Thu Apr 13 22:41:50 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc 100 each +10 group fund?
[Thu Apr 13 22:42:28 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc omg@grup funds
[Thu Apr 13 22:42:45 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc saving some for the poor guy who went to town?
[Thu Apr 13 22:42:46 2006] : (5) Adrin: oco well, its either that or we split 10 4 ways :P
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:06 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc he can have the 10 then :P
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc if you're not in you can't win :P
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:24 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:36 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Ok, 100 each
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:41 2006] : (4) Lia: "I suggest we just rest and get ready for this trap door to open"
[Thu Apr 13 22:43:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc And it's not like he is our friend, we all just met yesterday
[Thu Apr 13 22:44:03 2006] : (4) Lia: "If it hasn't opened when Tariel comes back, then we see what we do"
[Thu Apr 13 22:44:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "I will watch from the top of the tower to see if tariel comes"
[Thu Apr 13 22:44:43 2006] : (1) DM: You settle down to wait several hours.
[Thu Apr 13 22:45:19 2006] : (1) DM: ...several hours later...
[Thu Apr 13 22:45:32 2006] : (5) Adrin: ooc time?
[Thu Apr 13 22:45:46 2006] : (1) DM: 2 hours before sundown. About 6 pm.
[Thu Apr 13 22:45:48 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a nap
[Thu Apr 13 22:46:20 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you see Taniel approaching cautiously. He stops and waits, looking around carefully.
[Thu Apr 13 22:46:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Shouting "Taniel's back"
[Thu Apr 13 22:46:51 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan runs down the stairs
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "Taniel's back"
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:12 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia stays by the trap door, sickle in hand
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'll go and speak to him"
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "Anyone else coming?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: A gets up, yawns and stretches
[Thu Apr 13 22:47:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Look out for zombies"
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: "I'll come with you"
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:19 2006] : (2) Dan: "Let's go then"
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:25 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel sees you approaching and waves.
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan goes to speak to Taniel
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:38 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin heads outside, watching for zombies etc
[Thu Apr 13 22:48:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hi Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 22:49:02 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Good to see you alive, did you get the bastard zombies, then?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:49:02 2006] : (2) Dan: "I don't suppose that you have a crowbar do you?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:49:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "No. We found a bunch of people here who attacked us, And one of those Stirges"
[Thu Apr 13 22:49:39 2006] : (1) Taniel: "A crowbar? There'll be one in the village. Why? What d'ya need it for?" (Taniel looks puzzled).
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:11 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Bandits, you reckon?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "No zombies. There's a trapdoor that we can't open"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "Possibly. They weren't friendly"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:34 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Kill 'em all?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:34 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And greatswords? Does anyone in the village sell greatswords?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:39 2006] : (4) Lia: "Bu there was a wizard of some kind with them"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:42 2006] : (4) Lia: "he died"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:48 2006] : (4) Lia: "However, we could save the others"
[Thu Apr 13 22:50:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "Care to come and look at the trapdoor?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:51:34 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Tie 'em up and maybe we can question them back in the village."
[Thu Apr 13 22:51:37 2006] : (2) Dan: "We certainly disbled them all"
[Thu Apr 13 22:51:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "That's what i said"
[Thu Apr 13 22:51:57 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel follows Dan into the Tower. Stopping to marvel at the curious metal door.
[Thu Apr 13 22:52:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "You're the injured party here"
[Thu Apr 13 22:52:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "So you'd want to have words"
[Thu Apr 13 22:52:57 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Curious stuff isn't this metal. Never seen the like anywhere else except this tower door."
[Thu Apr 13 22:53:20 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Metal's metal surely"
[Thu Apr 13 22:53:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "Dan thinks..."
[Thu Apr 13 22:53:39 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc err...
[Thu Apr 13 22:53:45 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan thinks
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:05 2006] : (1) Taniel: "You've seen black metal that can last hundreds of years in this damp climate to not rust? I haven't."
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "Do you know, I never noticed that the trapdoor and the front door were the same"
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:23 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Magic of some kind?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:27 2006] : (1) Taniel: "But let's have a look at this trapdoor then."
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:30 2006] : (4) Lia: "Neither did I. But then, metal is not exactly my thing"
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:37 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe closing the front doors..."
[Thu Apr 13 22:54:51 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel takes a look.
[Thu Apr 13 22:55:21 2006] : (1) Taniel: "I reckon a crowbar on those hinges might do the trick. You really reckon the zombies are down there?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:55:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra stands at the trapdoor, sword in hand
[Thu Apr 13 22:55:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "They might be, they suire weren't up here"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "Do you want to stay while I test my theory Taniel?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "I may be totally wrong of course"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:17 2006] : (1) Taniel: "Uh... I think I might wait outside."
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:29 2006] : (4) Lia: "I'll wait inside"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That might be a wise move, Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:42 2006] : (1) Taniel: Taniel heads outside.
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:44 2006] : (4) Lia: Lia readies her sicke and steps from the trapdoor
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:45 2006] : (2) Dan: "Everyone ready?"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "REady"
[Thu Apr 13 22:56:57 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Ready"
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:01 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc I ma on the side of the hinges, ie. behind the trap fdoor
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:08 2006] : (4) Lia: "Ready"
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:09 2006] : (5) Adrin: Adrin readies himself
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Standing beside the trapdoor
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan closes the main doors and looks for a locking mechanism
[Thu Apr 13 22:57:57 2006] : (1) Taniel: On the inside of the door is a handle that turns, it's a bit stiff.
[Thu Apr 13 22:58:14 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan turns it as hard as he can
[Thu Apr 13 22:58:36 2006] : (1) DM: The handle turns 90 degrees and their a squeal of metal and a dull click.
[Thu Apr 13 22:59:42 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you've locked the front door, what next?
[Thu Apr 13 22:59:42 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc where dthe dull click, by the door or on the trapdoor?
[Thu Apr 13 22:59:48 2006] : (4) Lia: ooc ah ok
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:01 2006] : (1) DM: The noises came from the front door.
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:10 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Lets try the trapdoor now"
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:20 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra tries to open the trpadoor again
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:25 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:26 2006] : (1) DM: The trapdoor doesn't budge.
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:37 2006] : (1) DM: No matter how hard or long you pull on it for.
[Thu Apr 13 23:00:49 2006] : (2) Dan: "Err, OK, Maybe that wasn't the release for the trapdoor then"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:01 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'll just reopen this"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:07 2006] : (4) Lia: "it seems not"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:16 2006] : (5) Adrin: "Worth a try though"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "It was worth a try"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:24 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan unlocks and reopens the door
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:36 2006] : (5) Adrin: "We should head back to the village while it is still light"
[Thu Apr 13 23:01:41 2006] : (2) Dan: "Looks like I was wrong Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:07 2006] : (1) Taniel: "You could come back tomorrow with some tools."
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:17 2006] : (4) Lia: "I think that is the idea, yes"
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:19 2006] : (2) Dan: "perhaps we should all accompany you back to the palisade with the prisoners, and come back tomorrow with the crowbar?"
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:24 2006] : (1) Taniel: "But we must head back now while it's still light."
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Lead the way, Taniel"
[Thu Apr 13 23:02:52 2006] : (1) Taniel: Two hours later...
[Thu Apr 13 23:03:16 2006] : (1) Taniel: You return to the village. The prisoners are secured in a hut.
[Thu Apr 13 23:04:26 2006] : (1) Taniel: ooc I think we'll end it there.
[Thu Apr 13 23:04:29 2006] : (1) Taniel: GAME END