Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 20 19:58:46 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 20 19:58:50 2017] : Alhandra: ready too I think ;)
[Wed Sep 20 19:59:27 2017] : DM: After returning Tig to the town, and enjoying your fame, Cuichelm soared up to look at the nearby terrain.
[Wed Sep 20 19:59:42 2017] : DM: He got a very good view of the hills and so on, but he didn't see anything approaching.
[Wed Sep 20 20:00:43 2017] : DM: It was the next day, just as you were preparing to set off exploring again, that there was a disturbance: Mikmek, the kobold, had turned up to invite you to a feast.
[Wed Sep 20 20:01:25 2017] : Mikmek: "Great heroes come to feast now? Chieftain and all tribe hoping to see heroes!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:01:36 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sure."
[Wed Sep 20 20:02:03 2017] : Aldwulf: "I love a good feast"
[Wed Sep 20 20:03:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "just one small question, what food do you eat in feasts?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:03:48 2017] : Mikmek: "Has all sorts of good foods! Roots and meats, and wild boars even for really big feast. Chief saved three boars for good feast!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:04:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sounds excellent! Lead the way Mikmek!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:04:59 2017] : DM: You all ride across country to the kobolds' cave.
[Wed Sep 20 20:06:06 2017] : DM: The sign, Oaktop Silver Mine, is still lopsided next to the entrance
[Wed Sep 20 20:06:22 2017] : DM: There's a smell of woodsmoke, and a savoury roasting smell, rising from the cavern.
[Wed Sep 20 20:06:30 2017] : DM: It does indeed smell like a feast.
[Wed Sep 20 20:06:44 2017] : DM: "Great heroes remember where the traps are?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:07:46 2017] : Mikmek: "No? This way then, left foots here and right foots here, and then NOT LIKE THAT"
[Wed Sep 20 20:07:52 2017] : Aldwulf: "Ok"
[Wed Sep 20 20:08:11 2017] : Mikmek: "No falling in pits. Spoils feast."
[Wed Sep 20 20:08:34 2017] : Eadfrid: Dexterity: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Sep 20 20:08:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid missteps...
[Wed Sep 20 20:08:51 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 20 20:09:28 2017] : DM: Mikmek leads you down into the caverns, and there, in the main hall, is a rather crowded room: Chief Sootscale and the tribe, and three boars roasting over the fire.
[Wed Sep 20 20:10:14 2017] : DM: The more surprising aspect of the scene is that there are four trolls there, lounging at their ease. Two of them look like every other troll you've seen, but the other two are bigger.
[Wed Sep 20 20:10:36 2017] : Alhandra: ooc didn't we sense motive and knwo something was fishy?
[Wed Sep 20 20:10:42 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I remember that from last time, right?
[Wed Sep 20 20:10:46 2017] : Aldwulf: "okaaaay"
[Wed Sep 20 20:11:01 2017] : DM: ooc you remembered that Mikmek wasn't telling you everything
[Wed Sep 20 20:11:23 2017] : DM: One of the bigger trolls has two heads, and he sits there arguing with himself.
[Wed Sep 20 20:11:46 2017] : DM: The other one looks far more confident, and he greets you as you come in.
[Wed Sep 20 20:12:15 2017] : DM: "The Heroes of Lakeside. A pleasure to meet you at last."
[Wed Sep 20 20:12:36 2017] : Chief Sootscale: The kobold chief looks a bit offended
[Wed Sep 20 20:12:48 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Welcome back, great heroes! Come to feast!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:13:11 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "You met King Hargulka yet? This King Hargulka."
[Wed Sep 20 20:13:16 2017] : Cuichelm: /w 4=I've cast false life on my familiar before we entered
[Wed Sep 20 20:13:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "Greetings Chief Sootscale, and King Hargulka."
[Wed Sep 20 20:14:03 2017] : Aldwulf: "An honour to meet you both"
[Wed Sep 20 20:14:45 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm nods
[Wed Sep 20 20:15:47 2017] : DM: The feast begins, everyone being presented with a large platter of roast meat. The trolls eat hungrily, crunching the bones as well.
[Wed Sep 20 20:16:01 2017] : DM: The conversation is a little stilted.
[Wed Sep 20 20:16:26 2017] : Chief Sootscale: The kobold chief looks a little awkward about the situation
[Wed Sep 20 20:16:40 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "King Hargulka here was telling Chief Sootscale about glorious opportunity for safety and profit. Why not explain it to mighty heroes?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:16:41 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra is on the lookout, not really able to acatch why she's feeling uneasy
[Wed Sep 20 20:17:17 2017] : Aldwulf: "Yes, do tell"
[Wed Sep 20 20:17:46 2017] : Eadfrid: Eafrid listens
[Wed Sep 20 20:17:49 2017] : Hargulka: Hargulka clears his throat (a sound loud enough to cause dust to shake off the cavern ceiling).
[Wed Sep 20 20:18:12 2017] : Hargulka: "I was explaining to the little Sootscales the danger of being beholden to a human empire."
[Wed Sep 20 20:18:54 2017] : Hargulka: "I am aware that you mean well by annexing the Sootscale Kobolds, but what you hope to accomplish by 'redeeming' them is nothing less than cultural genocide. Given enough time in your... empire, the Kobolds would lose their cultural identity. They are fierce dragons, not a mere... halfling variant. "
[Wed Sep 20 20:19:11 2017] : Hargulka: "What I offer the Sootscales is a chance for Kobolds to be Kobolds. They can continue trap-laying, and mining and scheming and rather than lose their cultural identity they can be beholden to me and still retain their... draconic heritage."
[Wed Sep 20 20:20:01 2017] : Aldwulf: "Beholden?? The Sootscales are not beholden to us"
[Wed Sep 20 20:20:27 2017] : Hargulka: "They view you as their heroes and protectors, but you will change them."
[Wed Sep 20 20:20:43 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Wed Sep 20 20:21:36 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid, more comfortable with a sword than with politics keeps quite for now.
[Wed Sep 20 20:22:20 2017] : Aldwulf: "That may be true, but we ask nothing from them except not causing trouble"
[Wed Sep 20 20:23:15 2017] : Hargulka: "How is not causing... trouble... any different from subjugating them, turning them into pawns of your little empire?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:24:32 2017] : Aldwulf: "Pawns? They are otherwise free to do as they like"
[Wed Sep 20 20:24:41 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc when did a small village turn into an empire?
[Wed Sep 20 20:25:09 2017] : DM: ooc it's a nascent kingdom
[Wed Sep 20 20:25:22 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra is trying to assess what the kobolds really think
[Wed Sep 20 20:25:27 2017] : Alhandra: Sense Motive: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15
[Wed Sep 20 20:25:35 2017] : DM: ooc there's some farms spreading out
[Wed Sep 20 20:26:15 2017] : DM: ooc whispered you a reply
[Wed Sep 20 20:26:21 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yes saw it.
[Wed Sep 20 20:26:53 2017] : Alhandra: "I guess well, I understand what you mean. I would hate to be part of bringing down a culture"
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:08 2017] : Alhandra: "Kobolds be kobolds sounds about right"
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:25 2017] : Alhandra: "but I am not sure what it is you are really proposing. Would you then be their ... well, chief of sorts"
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:28 2017] : Alhandra: "?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:34 2017] : Hargulka: "Then you agree to leave? Take your humans and elves and other... soft, pink creatures, and go."
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:45 2017] : Hargulka: "Flee back to your cities. This land is ours."
[Wed Sep 20 20:27:57 2017] : Alhandra: "Oh I haven't said that. And frankly I hate to be leaving when I've been invited to a feast"
[Wed Sep 20 20:28:14 2017] : Alhandra: "I am just wondering what the kobolds themselves might think"
[Wed Sep 20 20:28:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "Excuse me..."
[Wed Sep 20 20:28:25 2017] : Alhandra: "And what their wish might be"
[Wed Sep 20 20:28:36 2017] : Cuichelm: "You just changed the entire terms of the conversation"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "You were referring the the 'annexing' of the kobolds"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:16 2017] : Hargulka: "Your word-games mean nothing, elf."
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "But then, this just changed to 'You agree to leave'"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:33 2017] : Aldwulf: "We agree to nothing"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "and 'this land is ours'"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "These are not word games"
[Wed Sep 20 20:29:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "these are in fact your words, not mine"
[Wed Sep 20 20:30:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "You make your play quite clear"
[Wed Sep 20 20:30:32 2017] : Cuichelm: "To you, the kobolds are pawns in your empire building"
[Wed Sep 20 20:30:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "You will not molest them, but they are a buffer and vassals, and thus foot soldiers on your frontier"
[Wed Sep 20 20:31:42 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Kobolds are not vessels of anything!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:11 2017] : Cuichelm: Draconic"Vassals, my friend"
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:14 2017] : DM: Some sort of social skill check, please Craig
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:15 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf opens his mouth to reply, but then closed it again
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:23 2017] : Cuichelm: Diplomacy - Influence: [1d20(11) + 6] = 17
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:34 2017] : Chief Sootscale: Draconic "Oh. That."
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:51 2017] : Chief Sootscale: Chief Sootscale turns to Hargulka.
[Wed Sep 20 20:32:54 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid is itching to draw a sword and stab the troll. But thinks better of it.
[Wed Sep 20 20:33:35 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Heroes makes good point. Why kobolds not vassal?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:34:17 2017] : Hargulka: "Little Sootscales making mistakes. Humans and elfs not trustworthy. Trolls honest."
[Wed Sep 20 20:34:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "We offer trade and friendship. We have proven our honest dealings with the Sootscales"
[Wed Sep 20 20:35:28 2017] : Hargulka: ooc anyone else offering any arguments? More metaphorically pointed than literally ;-)
[Wed Sep 20 20:36:06 2017] : Aldwulf: "We helped without asking anything in return, except friendship"
[Wed Sep 20 20:36:14 2017] : Aldwulf: "... and peace"
[Wed Sep 20 20:36:37 2017] : Hargulka: ooc Peace, Reg?!
[Wed Sep 20 20:37:04 2017] : DM: Diplomacy check, please Aldwulf
[Wed Sep 20 20:37:19 2017] : Aldwulf: Diplomacy: [1d20(14) + 6] = 20
[Wed Sep 20 20:37:41 2017] : Alhandra: "I am still wondering what they think of this all, if you'd let them have a say?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:38:24 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Chief Sootscale has decided. Humans has been good and honest. Big scary troll is not taking over Sootscales!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:38:40 2017] : Chief Sootscale: The defiant tone is ruined by the little squeak at the end
[Wed Sep 20 20:38:57 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc the acqueduct?
[Wed Sep 20 20:39:10 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc *aqueduct
[Wed Sep 20 20:39:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Well said, Chief. You honour the Sootscales with your choice."
[Wed Sep 20 20:39:50 2017] : DM: Hargulka stands up abruptly.
[Wed Sep 20 20:40:05 2017] : DM: He bumps his head on the ceiling.
[Wed Sep 20 20:40:54 2017] : Hargulka: "Come, Nagrundi. Come, guards. Let us not waste any more time on these... lizards."
[Wed Sep 20 20:41:57 2017] : DM: The trolls stand up and push the kobolds aside as they march for the door.
[Wed Sep 20 20:42:10 2017] : Cuichelm: "And see how they respect your choice, Chief Sootscale"
[Wed Sep 20 20:42:47 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Kobolds is not buggers or vessels for any troll!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:42:49 2017] : Eadfrid: "You should look to your borders with the trolls, they do not look happy."
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "Keep your traps well maintained."
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have a feeling that we may find some of them waiting outside or nearby"
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "We would do well to be on our guard"
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:36 2017] : Aldwulf: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:46 2017] : Alhandra: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 20 20:43:57 2017] : DM: There's a sound of distant thumping as the trolls clumsily make their way out of the caverns.
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:09 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Feast is still good, right? Still tasty meat?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:28 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, I knew that MikMek was not telling us everything"
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes, let's get back to feasting."
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid tucks into the food.
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "But I'm glad that we were able to come as soon as he came for us"
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:53 2017] : Aldwulf: "This was a pretty hefty omission"
[Wed Sep 20 20:45:53 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Would mighty heroes come if Mikmek tells all details?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:46:02 2017] : Cuichelm: "Probably"
[Wed Sep 20 20:46:19 2017] : Eadfrid: "Trolls causing trouble? Almost certainly."
[Wed Sep 20 20:47:18 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Mighty heroes even defeat two trolls, and Nagrundi, and King Hargulka all at once? Mighty heroes are mighty indeed!"
[Wed Sep 20 20:47:54 2017] : Aldwulf: Alwulf looks at the others, a little worried
[Wed Sep 20 20:49:09 2017] : Eadfrid: "Are they not defeated, leaving in shame?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:50:32 2017] : Aldwulf: "Lets not eat too much folks. May have a little excercise when we leave here"
[Wed Sep 20 20:50:36 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Hargulka look angry to me."
[Wed Sep 20 20:50:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes, to me too"
[Wed Sep 20 20:51:22 2017] : Cuichelm: "Embarrassed in front of the Sootscales and his guards"
[Wed Sep 20 20:51:31 2017] : Cuichelm: "And with no alliance to show his people"
[Wed Sep 20 20:51:33 2017] : Alhandra: "I am not sure this is goin g to go down so easily"
[Wed Sep 20 20:51:47 2017] : Alhandra: "I would prepare for some kind of nvengenace or retaliation"
[Wed Sep 20 20:51:54 2017] : Alhandra: "And we should warn the village"
[Wed Sep 20 20:52:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "He left here in a weakened position, which may leave him open to overt acts of agression to recover face"
[Wed Sep 20 20:52:07 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "You go home after feast, then?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:52:17 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf nods around a leg of boar
[Wed Sep 20 20:52:33 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Not go without trading. Kobolds have boring silver. You have shiny things to trade?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:53:36 2017] : Eadfrid: "What shiny things do you want?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:54:28 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Stones and metal things. Stones for shiny treasures, and metal for detail parts. Clever blacksmithery bits."
[Wed Sep 20 20:55:45 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Mighty heroes bringing shiny things?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:14 2017] : Eadfrid: "We will pass on your request to the village."
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:30 2017] : Aldwulf: "Nothing at the minute. We were not expecting a trade session"
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "We have a couple of other items that you may be interested in"
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 2 decorated collars for lizards, quartz-studded: worth 50gp each
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:52 2017] : Aldwulf: "We will send a trade delegation from the village soon"
[Wed Sep 20 20:56:59 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc nice
[Wed Sep 20 20:57:04 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Malachite statuette of a dragon, worth 200gp
[Wed Sep 20 20:57:09 2017] : Chief Sootscale: Chief Sootscale looks them over carefully
[Wed Sep 20 20:57:34 2017] : Chief Sootscale: He approves of the collars, and puts them on across his chest, like bandoliers.
[Wed Sep 20 20:57:45 2017] : Chief Sootscale: The statuette gets a more suspicious look.
[Wed Sep 20 20:57:49 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Furs worth 300gp
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:08 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Is not magic statue like Old Sharptooth?"
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "I thought that you might like the dragon statue"
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:32 2017] : Cuichelm: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:35 2017] : Jhod: "If is not magic, then is good."
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:39 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc just in case!
[Wed Sep 20 20:58:53 2017] : Chief Sootscale: ooc it's not magic, and sorry about the accidental name macro
[Wed Sep 20 20:59:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "No, it's not magical"
[Wed Sep 20 20:59:05 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Statue good. Sits in safe place."
[Wed Sep 20 20:59:29 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "What is dead animals for? All food bits gone. Humans keep. Strange humans."
[Wed Sep 20 20:59:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "We also have... Jewelry"
[Wed Sep 20 20:59:56 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Jewelry and coin worth 1575gp
[Wed Sep 20 21:00:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "They are comfortable to sleep on Chief Sootscale"
[Wed Sep 20 21:00:22 2017] : DM: ooc he'll buy them at equal value in bullion silver.
[Wed Sep 20 21:00:28 2017] : DM: ooc everything except the furs.
[Wed Sep 20 21:00:37 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 20 21:01:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc that's not really a great trade ;-/
[Wed Sep 20 21:01:03 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Kobolds has better sleep-caves."
[Wed Sep 20 21:01:24 2017] : DM: ooc it's better than you'd get for the statuette and the collars.
[Wed Sep 20 21:02:14 2017] : DM: ooc and we're still at the silver standard for pennies, so it's actually fungible wealth.
[Wed Sep 20 21:02:21 2017] : Cuichelm: "Oh, I forgot this..."
[Wed Sep 20 21:02:23 2017] : Cuichelm: Coral crown worth 500gp
[Wed Sep 20 21:02:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "And these..."
[Wed Sep 20 21:02:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 4x silver amulet (worth 20gp each) - medallion with an image of a stag's skull.
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:08 2017] : Alhandra: ooc surely they don't want the silver?
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:20 2017] : Chief Sootscale: ooc they prefer the worked silver to the raw metal
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:26 2017] : Chief Sootscale: ooc they like the decoration
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:32 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ah ok
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:34 2017] : Chief Sootscale: ooc but they don't have much taste.
[Wed Sep 20 21:03:49 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Is good. Trades now. Then go warn human village!"
[Wed Sep 20 21:04:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc crown as well?
[Wed Sep 20 21:04:11 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:08 2017] : DM: Chief Sootscale puts the crown on the shelf, as a defensive wall around the dragon statuette. The pink of the coral, and the green of the malachite, clash horribly.
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:18 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:24 2017] : DM: ooc anything more to do here?
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:30 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc loot page is a little tidier
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:52 2017] : Aldwulf: "Lovely"
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:52 2017] : DM: ooc I'm envisaging the kobolds as the sort of people who would have flying plaster ducks on their wall.
[Wed Sep 20 21:05:57 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 20 21:06:34 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc snob ;-)
[Wed Sep 20 21:07:02 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid advises the Sootscales setting suitable watches for the troll border.
[Wed Sep 20 21:07:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "Right... let's just make preparations"
[Wed Sep 20 21:07:24 2017] : Cuichelm: Mage Armour: Level 1 - +4 armour bonus to AC. (Duration: 5 hours)
[Wed Sep 20 21:09:57 2017] : Alhandra: ooc we need like acid spells and things, I ahve none of those :(
[Wed Sep 20 21:10:14 2017] : DM: ooc clerics aren't as great at direct damage
[Wed Sep 20 21:10:20 2017] : DM: ooc better at buffs and summoning
[Wed Sep 20 21:10:28 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yeah, so buff spells it is
[Wed Sep 20 21:11:20 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc make the BSF and the glass cannon awesome... that's our job Del
[Wed Sep 20 21:11:33 2017] : DM: Are you going after the trolls, or just preparing in case they come for you?
[Wed Sep 20 21:11:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc preparing
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:02 2017] : Alhandra: ooc preparing
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:26 2017] : Eadfrid: Need to alert the village first
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:34 2017] : Eadfrid: Before chasing down any trolls.
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:42 2017] : DM: OK
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:48 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 21:12:57 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc I was assuming they might be right outside waiting on us
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:08 2017] : DM: You make your preparations, and it's evening by the time you're setting off.
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:26 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:27 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I delay my mage armour until we leave
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:33 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(4) + 14] = 18
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:36 2017] : Aldwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(13) + 10] = 23
[Wed Sep 20 21:13:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "Looks clear, but we should keep an eye out."
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:03 2017] : Aldwulf: "I can't see any. Anyone else?"
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:23 2017] : DM: As you press on, night falls.
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:26 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Sep 20 21:15:57 2017] : DM: It's still early summer, and it gets dark quickly.
[Wed Sep 20 21:16:03 2017] : DM: Are you stopping for the night.
[Wed Sep 20 21:16:14 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc how far to go?
[Wed Sep 20 21:16:28 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc if it's only a few hours we should press on I think.
[Wed Sep 20 21:16:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "OK"
[Wed Sep 20 21:17:23 2017] : DM: ooc it's about another 6 hours' ride.
[Wed Sep 20 21:17:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "I say we camp and press on at first light."
[Wed Sep 20 21:18:04 2017] : Aldwulf: "Yeah, proper watches though"
[Wed Sep 20 21:18:06 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 20 21:19:03 2017] : DM: ooc roll perception checks for the watches, please, while I fetch a drink
[Wed Sep 20 21:19:09 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(18) + 14] = 32
[Wed Sep 20 21:19:09 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Sep 20 21:19:43 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm leaves his familar with one of the others
[Wed Sep 20 21:19:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc who wants an extra set of eyes?
[Wed Sep 20 21:20:12 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc back
[Wed Sep 20 21:20:14 2017] : Aldwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(10) + 10] = 20
[Wed Sep 20 21:21:02 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm puts down what looks like a bird with teeth
[Wed Sep 20 21:21:28 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(20) + 3] = 23
[Wed Sep 20 21:21:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: Baldric (Familiar): [1d20(7) + 11] = 18
[Wed Sep 20 21:21:43 2017] : Aldwulf: "What is that?"
[Wed Sep 20 21:21:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc POP
[Wed Sep 20 21:22:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's my companion"
[Wed Sep 20 21:22:30 2017] : Cuichelm: "I've kept her hidden for a long time, but it's time she saw some of the world"
[Wed Sep 20 21:23:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "She can be very useful as another set of eyes"
[Wed Sep 20 21:23:14 2017] : DM: As Alhandra's on watch...
[Wed Sep 20 21:23:31 2017] : Alhandra: ooc noooooo lol
[Wed Sep 20 21:23:31 2017] : Aldwulf: "Ok then"
[Wed Sep 20 21:24:39 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I only need to trance for 4 hours...
[Wed Sep 20 21:24:42 2017] : DM: She notices a stench, like a rotting midden-heap.
[Wed Sep 20 21:24:58 2017] : DM: Cuichelm is still trancing at the moment
[Wed Sep 20 21:25:43 2017] : Alhandra: "Hmmmm"
[Wed Sep 20 21:25:48 2017] : DM: About 60' away, there's a large, amorphous shape in the darkness.
[Wed Sep 20 21:25:57 2017] : DM: It is slowly moving towards you.
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:10 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(6)] = 6
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:16 2017] : DM: Roll Initiative, please!
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:21 2017] : Aldwulf: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:24 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 1 + 2] = 15
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:34 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to make up what that sshape is while moving to wake her companiions
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16
[Wed Sep 20 21:26:41 2017] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:06 2017] : DM: ooc the red square is your campfire
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:28 2017] : DM: ooc the big red square is the monster.
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:38 2017] : DM: ooc Knowledge: Nature, please.
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:44 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(12) + 0] = 12
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc low light vision... knowledge?
[Wed Sep 20 21:27:57 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed Sep 20 21:28:06 2017] : DM: ooc you're still asleep until Alhandra wakes you
[Wed Sep 20 21:28:25 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Sep 20 21:28:50 2017] : DM: Alhandra, whom are you waking?
[Wed Sep 20 21:29:32 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry, I forgot
[Wed Sep 20 21:29:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Pathfinder elves don't trance and sleep 8 hours like everyone else
[Wed Sep 20 21:30:00 2017] : Alhandra: Wake up Eafrid and Aldwuf firsta s Cuclchem you said is in a trance?
[Wed Sep 20 21:30:08 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ah, ok
[Wed Sep 20 21:30:42 2017] : Alhandra: Waking culchem to look a tthe thing
[Wed Sep 20 21:30:47 2017] : Aldwulf: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Sep 20 21:30:54 2017] : DM: ooc in the surprise round, Alhandra goes to wake Cuichelm.
[Wed Sep 20 21:31:21 2017] : Cuichelm: "Wha..?"
[Wed Sep 20 21:31:21 2017] : DM: The shape moves closer, and you can begin to see that it looks like a mass of vines, covered in slime.
[Wed Sep 20 21:31:26 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:08 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra wakes everyone with a scream
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:12 2017] : Alhandra: "Alert!"
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:27 2017] : DM: Perception checks for Eadfrid and Aldwulf, please.
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:31 2017] : Alhandra: and another "Halt! who or what goes there?"
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:31 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Sep 20 21:32:34 2017] : Aldwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:03 2017] : DM: Eadfrid is a bit groggy, but both of you wake up.
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:18 2017] : DM: Done?
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:51 2017] : Cuichelm: Obscuring Mist: Level 1 - A 20 ft radius, stationary vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (20% miss chance). Those beyond have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Duration: 5 minutes
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Obscuring Mist: Level 1 - A 20 ft radius, stationary vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (20% miss chance). Those beyond have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Duration: 5 minutes
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Obscuring Mist: Level 1 - A 20 ft radius, stationary vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (20% miss chance). Those beyond have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Duration: 5 minutes
[Wed Sep 20 21:33:57 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc bah
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc can she cast
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ?
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:17 2017] : DM: ooc yes - Alhandra, you still have a standard action available
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:27 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry about the node typing
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:50 2017] : Alhandra: ooc can who cast?
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:53 2017] : DM: ooc you
[Wed Sep 20 21:34:56 2017] : DM: ooc yes - Alhandra, you still have a standard action available
[Wed Sep 20 21:35:05 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry, ok
[Wed Sep 20 21:35:52 2017] : Alhandra: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 5 minutes.
[Wed Sep 20 21:36:12 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Sep 20 21:36:13 2017] : DM: OK - Aldwulf?
[Wed Sep 20 21:36:39 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc do we know what it is yet?
[Wed Sep 20 21:36:50 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(4) + 13] = 17
[Wed Sep 20 21:37:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I got a 23 before :-P
[Wed Sep 20 21:37:41 2017] : DM: Cuichelm recognises it as a shambling mound - it's a plant-based scavenger
[Wed Sep 20 21:37:56 2017] : Aldwulf: "Is this thing dangerous?"
[Wed Sep 20 21:37:57 2017] : DM: eats anything dead, and isn't worried about creating more dead things if it's hungry
[Wed Sep 20 21:38:34 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf moves out of the creatures path
[Wed Sep 20 21:38:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes, and it's partial to elves"
[Wed Sep 20 21:39:27 2017] : Aldwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10, Damage: [1d6(5) + 2] = 7 HP.
[Wed Sep 20 21:39:32 2017] : Aldwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 20 21:39:47 2017] : DM: The arrow just sticks into the slime.
[Wed Sep 20 21:39:52 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Sep 20 21:40:43 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm stands up (move), and takes a 5 ft step
[Wed Sep 20 21:40:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Haste: Level 3 - Slows 2 creatures (no two greater than 30 ft apart). (Will save DC 19);
A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves and can take an extra attack at full BAB on a full attack (37 ft range; Duration = 5 rounds.)

[Wed Sep 20 21:41:08 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc not slows, obviously
[Wed Sep 20 21:41:10 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 20 21:41:30 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Sep 20 21:41:31 2017] : DM: ooc Eadfrid and Aldwulf are too far apart. Who's in and who's out?
[Wed Sep 20 21:42:07 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc damn
[Wed Sep 20 21:42:30 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Aldwulf is out
[Wed Sep 20 21:42:38 2017] : DM: Eadfrid? You're hasted.
[Wed Sep 20 21:42:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry, Eadfrid's attacks are more damaging
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:20 2017] : Eadfrid: Does haste make me faster?
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:29 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:37 2017] : Eadfrid: by 20 ft?
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc also missing from my node!
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Move and attack.
[Wed Sep 20 21:43:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1: [1d20(14) + 12] = 26; Hit: [2d6(6,2) + 12] = 20 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 21:44:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 20 21:44:23 2017] : DM: It slaps Eadfrid as he advances. [1d20(20) + 11] = 31 [2d6(1,4) + 5] = 10
[Wed Sep 20 21:44:38 2017] : DM: Critical? [1d20(15) + 11] = 26 [2d6(4,6) + 15] = 25
[Wed Sep 20 21:44:45 2017] : DM: 25 damage, and...
[Wed Sep 20 21:45:03 2017] : DM: CMB: [1d20(8) + 16] = 24
[Wed Sep 20 21:45:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Ouch!
[Wed Sep 20 21:45:16 2017] : DM: Eadfrid is grappled, and held in a slimy tentacle.
[Wed Sep 20 21:46:15 2017] : DM: The mound wraps its tentacles around Eadfrid and squeezes.
[Wed Sep 20 21:46:28 2017] : DM: It constricts him for [2d6(3,3) + 7] = 13 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 21:46:38 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 20 21:47:20 2017] : Eadfrid: 7 / 45 Hit Points
[Wed Sep 20 21:47:31 2017] : Alhandra: ooc oh, that lmakes my next move easy
[Wed Sep 20 21:48:08 2017] : Alhandra: ooc i suppose since he's grappled, that if I try to heal him from afar, I'm healing the crature as well?
[Wed Sep 20 21:48:26 2017] : DM: ooc it's not injured yet, so...
[Wed Sep 20 21:48:39 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you can move so that it isn't in your radius also
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:20 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels her energy to heal Eafrid
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:31 2017] : Alhandra: ooc (that attack from Eafrid did nothing???)
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:41 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [3d6(2,6,6)] = 14 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc he never got near it
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:51 2017] : DM: ooc Eadfrid got grabbed before he got there.
[Wed Sep 20 21:49:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc gotcha
[Wed Sep 20 21:50:14 2017] : DM: Aldwulf?
[Wed Sep 20 21:50:37 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf moves and shoots again
[Wed Sep 20 21:50:39 2017] : Aldwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20, Damage: [1d6(6) + 2] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 20 21:50:45 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc if you enlarge someone who's grappled, do they break free?
[Wed Sep 20 21:50:51 2017] : Aldwulf: done
[Wed Sep 20 21:51:06 2017] : DM: ooc I think it gives you a bonus but that's it.
[Wed Sep 20 21:51:21 2017] : DM: Aldwulf shoots the mound, finding a more vulnearable spot.
[Wed Sep 20 21:51:33 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Sep 20 21:51:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm tries to think of a solution to the issue
[Wed Sep 20 21:52:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm target's Eadfrid's body
[Wed Sep 20 21:52:40 2017] : Cuichelm: Grease: Level 1 - Covers a 10 foot square within 35 feet with grease for 5 rounds. DC 18 reflex save for all within the area, or fall prone.
[Wed Sep 20 21:52:47 2017] : Cuichelm: Grease (object): Level 1 - Covers an object within 35 feet with grease for 5 rounds. DC 18 reflex save for the holder of the object or someone trying to pick it up. Failure means that they drop it.
[Wed Sep 20 21:53:01 2017] : DM: ooc I think it gives +5 to Escape Artist checks, right?
[Wed Sep 20 21:53:13 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc err?
[Wed Sep 20 21:53:38 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc +10
[Wed Sep 20 21:53:43 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 20 21:53:46 2017] : DM: ooc yes, +10
[Wed Sep 20 21:54:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Was I dropped?
[Wed Sep 20 21:55:10 2017] : DM: ooc no, but you get +10 to escape while your armour is greased.
[Wed Sep 20 21:55:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Sep 20 21:55:28 2017] : Eadfrid: Try to wriggle free.
[Wed Sep 20 21:55:29 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Sep 20 21:55:53 2017] : DM: ooc you'll have better odds with a CMB check, surely?
[Wed Sep 20 21:56:04 2017] : DM: ooc since it includes your strength and BAB
[Wed Sep 20 21:56:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 20 21:56:39 2017] : Eadfrid: CMB: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12
[Wed Sep 20 21:56:49 2017] : DM: ooc better odds, but worse dice!
[Wed Sep 20 21:56:54 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc you're rolling like me!
[Wed Sep 20 21:57:12 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc +11 is better than +10.
[Wed Sep 20 21:57:15 2017] : DM: With the grease on his armour, Eadfrid is just able to slip out of the tentacles.
[Wed Sep 20 21:57:30 2017] : DM: ooc the +10 bonus also applies to CMB checks.
[Wed Sep 20 21:57:39 2017] : DM: ooc so long as they're to escape a grapple.
[Wed Sep 20 21:57:53 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc oh, ok
[Wed Sep 20 21:58:08 2017] : DM: ooc you have a move action available.
[Wed Sep 20 21:58:56 2017] : Eadfrid: Move away!
[Wed Sep 20 21:59:03 2017] : DM: Ok
[Wed Sep 20 21:59:20 2017] : DM: The mound charges clumsily after the nearest prey...
[Wed Sep 20 21:59:45 2017] : DM: [1d20(16) + 13] = 29 [2d6(6,3) + 5] = 14
[Wed Sep 20 21:59:56 2017] : DM: 14 damage to Aldwulf, and it tries to grab you...
[Wed Sep 20 22:00:00 2017] : DM: [1d20(6) + 16] = 22
[Wed Sep 20 22:00:02 2017] : Aldwulf: 14 Damage: Aldwulf takes 14 damage. [Wed Sep 20 22:00:03 2017] : DM: Grabbed.
[Wed Sep 20 22:00:05 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 20 22:01:53 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I'm thinking, jsut so you know lol
[Wed Sep 20 22:02:04 2017] : DM: ooc lol, OK
[Wed Sep 20 22:02:09 2017] : Alhandra: ooc wondering whether to try and harm the creature or heal Adwulf
[Wed Sep 20 22:03:07 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra takes a few steps to be in a good spot and make sure that the creature won't be healed.
[Wed Sep 20 22:03:20 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [3d6(4,2,1)] = 7 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 20 22:03:28 2017] : Alhandra: ooc doh
[Wed Sep 20 22:03:29 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Sep 20 22:03:36 2017] : DM: Aldwulf?
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:00 2017] : Aldwulf: Escape Artist: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:20 2017] : DM: Without the grease, the vines just grip too tightly for Aldwulf.
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:28 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:29 2017] : Aldwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "Eadfrid, do you want to go big, so that you can reach it?"
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc darn, freedom of movement is a lvl 4 spell :(
[Wed Sep 20 22:04:49 2017] : DM: ooc go big or go home?
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:08 2017] : Eadfrid: "Big!"
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:15 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 5 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 18 fort save to resist).
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:27 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:38 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:47 2017] : Eadfrid: Attack it from behind.
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:53 2017] : DM: ooc oo-er
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:57 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(17) + 12] = 29; Hit: [3d6(4,2,1) + 12] = 19 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 22:05:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:04 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:11 2017] : DM: A solid hit, and the plant-creature shudders
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:40 2017] : DM: It drops Aldwulf, and slams at Eadfrid
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:48 2017] : DM: [1d20(18) + 13] = 31 [2d6(6,5) + 5] = 16
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:55 2017] : DM: 16 damage, and grab
[Wed Sep 20 22:06:59 2017] : DM: [1d20(13) + 16] = 29
[Wed Sep 20 22:07:08 2017] : DM: It grabs hold of Eadfrid's leg.
[Wed Sep 20 22:07:10 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 20 22:07:41 2017] : Alhandra: ooc will it hold me too?
[Wed Sep 20 22:07:47 2017] : Alhandra: ooc if I get too close?
[Wed Sep 20 22:07:56 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc only if you ask nicely
[Wed Sep 20 22:08:00 2017] : DM: ooc it has a lot of tentacles and may be able to grab you. You don't know for sure.
[Wed Sep 20 22:08:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it's likely to hit, so yes
[Wed Sep 20 22:08:21 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra moves toward Eafrid to make him stronger, tyring to stay away from the thing
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:05 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc oops. I already had a +4 bonus applies to Str.
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:18 2017] : Alhandra: ooc so no Bull's strength?
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:19 2017] : DM: ooc from?
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you can move 40/60 ft depending on your base speed
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:38 2017] : Alhandra: Bull’s Strength: Level 2 - Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
[Wed Sep 20 22:09:57 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I was cheating. Sorry.
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:05 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:16 2017] : DM: ooc now you have your +4, though, right?
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:27 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I should have enlarge and bull's strength nodes to automate it
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:33 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:35 2017] : Alhandra: ooc heh
[Wed Sep 20 22:10:39 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:12 2017] : DM: Aldwulf? You've been dropped by the tentacle as it tried to bash Eadfrid.
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:27 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf drops his bow, draws his rapier and stabs
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:30 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I de keep reading that as testicle
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:30 2017] : Aldwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14 Damage: [1d6(1) + 3] = 4 HP.
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc *do
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:48 2017] : Aldwulf: +2 flank
[Wed Sep 20 22:11:58 2017] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Sep 20 22:12:07 2017] : Aldwulf: done
[Wed Sep 20 22:12:13 2017] : DM: The shambling mound turns Aldwulf's stab aside easily.
[Wed Sep 20 22:12:19 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Sep 20 22:12:39 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm casts a spell on Baldric
[Wed Sep 20 22:12:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Burning Gaze: Level 2 - Creature is subjected to a fiery gaze, taking [1d6(6)] = 6 damage [Wed Sep 20 22:13:03 2017] : Cuichelm: Baldric moves and gazes
[Wed Sep 20 22:13:29 2017] : DM: The spell doesn't do much to ignite the wet, slimy, rotting vegetation.
[Wed Sep 20 22:16:01 2017] : Game disconnected!
[Wed Sep 20 22:16:17 2017] : You must be a GM to use this feature
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:29 2017] : Locating server at www.craigchambers.org.uk:6774...
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:29 2017] : Game connected!
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:29 2017] : Eadfrid (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:31 2017] : Moving to room 'The Sootscale Caverns'..
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:31 2017] : Eadfrid (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:31 2017] : Server Administrator-> [Wed Sep 20 22:17:31 2017] : DM (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:31 2017] : Alhandra (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:32 2017] : Aldwulf (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:32 2017] : DM (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:32 2017] : Cuichelm (enter): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc hello?
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:44 2017] : DM: Booting '(4) DM' from server...
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:45 2017] : DM (exit): 22:17
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:48 2017] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (9) Eadfrid...
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:49 2017] : DM: ooc hi
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:49 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc hello
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:49 2017] : Alhandra: ooc am I still here?
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:52 2017] : DM: Eadfrid, you're up
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:56 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I'm back
[Wed Sep 20 22:17:57 2017] : DM: ooc yes, Del, you are
[Wed Sep 20 22:18:15 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ok, you got all booted? Did the internet stop crossing the channel for a while?
[Wed Sep 20 22:18:21 2017] : Eadfrid: Hack at the creature
[Wed Sep 20 22:18:24 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc just looking in on the game server
[Wed Sep 20 22:18:45 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(17) + 13] = 30; Hit: [3d6(1,3,5) + 13] = 22 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 22:18:50 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:07 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc nothing showing in the console
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:12 2017] : DM: Eadfrid manages a good hit, despite being held in a tentacle
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:31 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I got a bunch of booted/booting notice.
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:37 2017] : DM: The monster slams at both Eadfrid, and at Aldwulf
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:45 2017] : DM: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13 [2d6(3,5) + 5] = 13
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:47 2017] : DM: [1d20(18) + 11] = 29 [2d6(5,2) + 5] = 12
[Wed Sep 20 22:19:53 2017] : DM: 12 damage to Aldwulf
[Wed Sep 20 22:20:00 2017] : Aldwulf: 12 Damage: Aldwulf takes 12 damage. [Wed Sep 20 22:20:09 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 20 22:21:35 2017] : Alhandra: ooc /me does a little dance
[Wed Sep 20 22:21:54 2017] : Alhandra: ooc adwulf you're the most injured right?
[Wed Sep 20 22:22:05 2017] : Alhandra: ooc oh, yes, (just saw)
[Wed Sep 20 22:22:13 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc as usual
[Wed Sep 20 22:22:21 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra moves again, trying to place herself strategically
[Wed Sep 20 22:22:41 2017] : Alhandra: ooc here the thing could reach me yes?
[Wed Sep 20 22:22:45 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:01 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc she who dares, wins
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:07 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc :)
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:20 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yeah but if I get caught, we're in trouble, I'll try this or you'll die.
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:32 2017] : Alhandra: Cure Serious Wounds: Level 3 - Heals [3d8(4,4,4) + 5] = 17 HP
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:41 2017] : Alhandra: on Adwulf.
[Wed Sep 20 22:23:44 2017] : DM: ooc you can try casting defensively if you like, but you have to decide before I roll an AoO.
[Wed Sep 20 22:24:14 2017] : Alhandra: oh, yes.
[Wed Sep 20 22:24:46 2017] : DM: ooc you have to roll a concentration check to cast defensively...
[Wed Sep 20 22:25:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I thought this was in my node
[Wed Sep 20 22:26:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 1d20 + wis + level
[Wed Sep 20 22:26:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc + any other bonuses you may have (there are very few of these)
[Wed Sep 20 22:26:57 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc vs DC of 15 + 2x spell level
[Wed Sep 20 22:27:18 2017] : Alhandra: Cast defensively: [1d20(7) + 3 + 5] = 15
[Wed Sep 20 22:27:29 2017] : Alhandra: ooc uh oh.
[Wed Sep 20 22:27:41 2017] : DM: Alhandra loses the spell as she's too cautious against the waving tentacles.
[Wed Sep 20 22:27:42 2017] : DM: Aldwulf?
[Wed Sep 20 22:27:53 2017] : Aldwulf: Escape Artist: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Sep 20 22:28:11 2017] : Aldwulf: done
[Wed Sep 20 22:28:41 2017] : DM: Aldwulf is still stuck.
[Wed Sep 20 22:28:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Sep 20 22:29:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc how badly injured is it?
[Wed Sep 20 22:29:42 2017] : DM: ooc very badly
[Wed Sep 20 22:30:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Splintered Spear (Range 100 ft): [1d20(8) + 8] = 16 Damage: [1d6(5) + 5] = 10 HP . [Wed Sep 20 22:30:14 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc +1 for bless
[Wed Sep 20 22:30:20 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Sep 20 22:30:25 2017] : DM: Cuichelm does his best, but can't penetrate the thick "hide" of the monster.
[Wed Sep 20 22:30:27 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 20 22:30:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Hack away.
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:01 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(6) + 13] = 19; Hit: [3d6(2,6,2) + 13] = 23 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:24 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(10) + 13] = 23; Hit: [3d6(5,1,3) + 13] = 22 damage.
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:24 2017] : DM: ooc you're hasted, so you get another attack.
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:32 2017] : DM: ooc sorry, too quick ;-)
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:47 2017] : DM: Eadfrid cuts the monster in two, and it collapses in a stinking heap.
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:53 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'll count the second one as mine ;-)
[Wed Sep 20 22:31:58 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "Urg. Gross."
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:23 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let's move camp, well away from this thing."
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:25 2017] : Aldwulf: "Get it off me!"
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:36 2017] : DM: The stench stays with you.
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid pulls Aldwulf away.
[Wed Sep 20 22:32:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, despite compst heaps setting on fire, apparently these things are resistant"
[Wed Sep 20 22:33:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "I've heard that they do contain items from unfortunates that they have swallowed though"
[Wed Sep 20 22:33:44 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf grabs his bow as he dragged out
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid kicks apart the mound looking for anything of value.
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:09 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:24 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [3d6(6,4,6)] = 16 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:36 2017] : Aldwulf: "I'm covered in the stuff, so I might as we have a look inside it"
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:39 2017] : Aldwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(12) + 10] = 22
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:40 2017] : DM: There's not much to be found in the darkness.
[Wed Sep 20 22:34:53 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra heals as much as she can
[Wed Sep 20 22:35:03 2017] : Alhandra: anyone needs more form the wand?
[Wed Sep 20 22:35:11 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid lights a lantern.
[Wed Sep 20 22:35:16 2017] : Eadfrid: And has another look.
[Wed Sep 20 22:35:32 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc blowing himself up from the methane, right?
[Wed Sep 20 22:35:40 2017] : Aldwulf: "Oh, I always forget you lot can see very well"
[Wed Sep 20 22:36:01 2017] : DM: The creature doesn't have anything with it - any treasure it had kept was back at whatever passed for a lair.
[Wed Sep 20 22:36:42 2017] : Aldwulf: "I wonder if this encounter was a coincidence"
[Wed Sep 20 22:37:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "You think it might have been lured by the trolls?"
[Wed Sep 20 22:37:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "I doubt that it was sent by them"
[Wed Sep 20 22:37:37 2017] : Aldwulf: "If you say so Cuichelm. You know most about these things"
[Wed Sep 20 22:38:35 2017] : Alhandra: "Isnt that thing a thing of nature?"
[Wed Sep 20 22:38:49 2017] : DM: ooc where's the druid when you need one?
[Wed Sep 20 22:39:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can't be certain Aldwulf. It just seems unlikely"
[Wed Sep 20 22:39:16 2017] : Aldwulf: "ok"
[Wed Sep 20 22:39:26 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc is it near dawn?
[Wed Sep 20 22:39:52 2017] : DM: ooc it's about 2am
[Wed Sep 20 22:40:21 2017] : Aldwulf: "Lets get a bit more sleep"
[Wed Sep 20 22:40:49 2017] : DM: You recover from the attack, and find somewhere to rest - upwind - for a while.
[Wed Sep 20 22:41:03 2017] : DM: Not much more happens overnight.
[Wed Sep 20 22:41:34 2017] : DM: You wake up, and head back to town. Everything is quiet and peaceful...
[Wed Sep 20 22:41:38 2017] : DM: GAME END