Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 6 19:46:59 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 6 19:47:55 2017] : DM: You had rescued Tig from the lizardfolk. Two of the lizard-people survived your attack, and you told them to flee and not cause a problem for Lakeside. The will-o-the-wisp that had been manipulating the tribe also escaped.
[Wed Sep 6 19:48:18 2017] : DM: Now, with Tig and with a single lizardfolk egg that you took from the empty village, you are returning to Lakeside.
[Wed Sep 6 19:48:56 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc We rested first though, right?
[Wed Sep 6 19:49:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm out of spells
[Wed Sep 6 19:49:05 2017] : DM: ooc yes, you did
[Wed Sep 6 19:49:27 2017] : DM: It's a couple of days' ride back, given the difficulty of crossing the swamp. Fortunately, you are not ambushed on the way; keeping Tig alive is enough of a challenge given his tendency to "explore" himself into trouble if left unattended.
[Wed Sep 6 19:50:21 2017] : DM: As you approach Lakeside, it's getting late in the evening; the light levels are low. There's no-one in the fields by now - they must all be in town already.
[Wed Sep 6 19:50:44 2017] : DM: The small town is subdued and quiet, and it seems that everyone fears that when you return, you will be bringing bad news.
[Wed Sep 6 19:51:19 2017] : DM: ooc Remind me to sort out XP after this session - I need to check where you are so far.
[Wed Sep 6 19:51:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Tig, which is your home?"
[Wed Sep 6 19:52:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc we only just leveled so no rush
[Wed Sep 6 19:53:39 2017] : Tig: "Doesn't everyone know? There's not so many houses you can't know everyone, look, that's Jan, and that's Marten and his wife, who's been talking to Wiglaf a lot since her husband's been up at the ferry, and Ma says it'll cause a problem, and..."
[Wed Sep 6 19:53:56 2017] : Tig: Tig rattles on for a bit but eventually reveals where his home is
[Wed Sep 6 19:54:10 2017] : Aldwulf: "We dont spend much time here, remember"
[Wed Sep 6 19:54:46 2017] : Tig: "My da says it's a shame to have heroes we never see. He says 'What's the good of heroes if they're always somewhere else?'"
[Wed Sep 6 19:54:49 2017] : Alhandra (enter): 19:54
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:11 2017] : Tig: ooc hi Del
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:11 2017] : Cuichelm: "Thankfully we should be able to get Wiglaf's husband back when I get the bridge up"
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:17 2017] : Tig: ooc you're back at the town
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Hi Del
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:24 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry for lateness. Too many kids, not enough husbands.
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:35 2017] : Tig: ooc Wiglaf's the guy talking to Marten's wife more than is appropriate.
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc Henry, you're insane.
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:43 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc heh
[Wed Sep 6 19:55:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "Ask you Da, what's the good of a hero who spends all their time in the pub?"
[Wed Sep 6 19:56:10 2017] : Alhandra: ooc who's Marten? He's one of the settlers or something.
[Wed Sep 6 19:56:31 2017] : Tig: ooc he's one of the guys who went to work the ferry
[Wed Sep 6 19:56:53 2017] : Alhandra: ooc right, thanks.
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:00 2017] : Tig: "You can ask him! We're here! I'd better sneak in, they'll be cross with me."
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "No, they wont'"
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:15 2017] : Tig: ooc Tig's about to dart off; you can restrain him if you want.
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:17 2017] : Aldwulf: "No way are you sneaking in!"
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:21 2017] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (5) Alhandra...
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:29 2017] : Aldwulf: Grabs Tig
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:33 2017] : Tig: Reflex save to grab him, please.
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "There will be repercussions, but they will be pleased that you are alive!"
[Wed Sep 6 19:58:39 2017] : Aldwulf: Reflex: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16
[Wed Sep 6 19:59:05 2017] : Tig: Aldwulf grabs Tig quickly, and stops him running off.
[Wed Sep 6 19:59:23 2017] : Aldwulf: "Someone want to knock on the door?"
[Wed Sep 6 19:59:47 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid knocks
[Wed Sep 6 20:00:10 2017] : DM: There's a short wait, and then Tig's father, Tanner, comes to the door.
[Wed Sep 6 20:00:37 2017] : Aldwulf: "I think we have something of yours"
[Wed Sep 6 20:00:49 2017] : Alhandra: "Yes, and it wiggles"
[Wed Sep 6 20:00:52 2017] : Tanner: "Does it have to... Tig! You found him! Come here boy, before I tie you to the fence like a goat that won't stop straying!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:01:50 2017] : Tanner: Tig runs over to his father and grabs him, tight, around the middle
[Wed Sep 6 20:02:29 2017] : Tanner: "Thank you! Where was he? We've tried to tell him before not to run off."
[Wed Sep 6 20:02:38 2017] : Alhandra: "awww. So there is a way to keep that kid steady"
[Wed Sep 6 20:02:51 2017] : Aldwulf: "We'll talk in the morning. I think he could do with a good nights sleep"
[Wed Sep 6 20:03:08 2017] : Aldwulf: "And come to think of it, so could we"
[Wed Sep 6 20:03:47 2017] : Tig: "What about Arthur? Da, they've got Arthur, and we're going to keep him and can he be my brother?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:04:02 2017] : DM: ooc "Arthur" is what Tig decided to call the egg
[Wed Sep 6 20:04:10 2017] : Aldwulf: "Urgh"
[Wed Sep 6 20:04:22 2017] : Tanner: "Who is Arthur?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:04:40 2017] : Aldwulf: Presents egg
[Wed Sep 6 20:04:45 2017] : Aldwulf: "This is Arthur"
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:03 2017] : Eadfrid: "Tig was captured by lizardfolk. 'Artur' ass the only one left in their camp."
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:08 2017] : Alhandra: ""Arthur-would-be" imight be a more appropriate name."
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:18 2017] : Tanner: "Arthur... " he shakes his head
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:27 2017] : Aldwulf: We didn't want to leave it to die
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:32 2017] : Aldwulf: "We didn't want to leave it to die"
[Wed Sep 6 20:05:34 2017] : Tanner: "Mairi!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:03 2017] : Tanner: After Tanner's shout, a worried-looking woman emerges from the back room of the little house; she rushes over and grabs Tig.
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:17 2017] : Aldwulf: "Tig wanted to keep it and raise it, however the decision is up to you both"
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:17 2017] : Tanner: "The boy wants us to keep an egg, now."
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:30 2017] : Aldwulf: "We made that very clear, Tig"
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:41 2017] : Mairi: "What's it going to eat? What if it tries to murder us all? We can't do that!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:06:42 2017] : Aldwulf: "We can keep it for now and let you sleep on it"
[Wed Sep 6 20:07:02 2017] : Aldwulf: "I'm sure emotions are running high now"
[Wed Sep 6 20:07:48 2017] : Mairi: "Please do!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:07:58 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(3) + 13] = 16
[Wed Sep 6 20:08:14 2017] : Tanner: "Now Mairi, we'd best let them go. We can take the boy to the inn tomorrow morning."
[Wed Sep 6 20:08:48 2017] : Aldwulf: "Good night Tig. See you tomorrow, assuming you haven't run off again"
[Wed Sep 6 20:09:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I was hoping to assuage her fears
[Wed Sep 6 20:10:34 2017] : DM: ooc you don't think of much you don't already know - Lizardfolk aren't inherently evil, but their marginal existence makes them realists.
[Wed Sep 6 20:10:37 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(15) + 0] = 15
[Wed Sep 6 20:10:48 2017] : DM: ooc it might be an interesting experiment to raise one in a civilised environment...
[Wed Sep 6 20:10:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lending a hand with second hand knowledge ;)
[Wed Sep 6 20:11:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think that a lizard raised in the community would not be a danger, and could be a great asset"
[Wed Sep 6 20:11:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "They are semi aquatic and could help with the waterways"
[Wed Sep 6 20:11:52 2017] : Mairi: "Really? But they took my boy!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:12:12 2017] : Aldwulf: "This one didn't"
[Wed Sep 6 20:12:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "And other humans do all sorts of terrible things"
[Wed Sep 6 20:12:21 2017] : Eadfrid: (Eadfrid can't think of a good counter argument.)
[Wed Sep 6 20:12:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "Barbarian hordes kill and maim without thought"
[Wed Sep 6 20:12:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "Are we all like that?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:13:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "Indeed a child raised away from them is not like that"
[Wed Sep 6 20:13:12 2017] : Mairi: "Of course not! But we have higher natures!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:13:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "Look, I'm an elf, and I don't take that standpoint with you"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:00 2017] : Alhandra: "Don't know. I like the idea of proving that love and care can win over nature. But I sure understand your reluctance"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't think that it helps anyone"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:22 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra chuckles at Culchem's last words
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:24 2017] : Alhandra: "Good point"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:24 2017] : Tanner: "Come, Mairi, we'll argue in the morning. For now, let's be glad."
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "Sleep on it"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:45 2017] : Aldwulf: "See you tomorrow at the Inn"
[Wed Sep 6 20:14:57 2017] : Alhandra: ooc "I've never treated you like a prostitute" - "Well, you just did" (TM)
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:11 2017] : Aldwulf: Aldwulf turns away with a wave
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:26 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc Pretty Woman?
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:32 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm follows
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:44 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc no, just an elf ;-)
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:51 2017] : DM: You return to the inn, and the innkeeper, a stout man named Eadmond, greets you.
[Wed Sep 6 20:15:54 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc ba-dum tish
[Wed Sep 6 20:16:11 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: ooc /me makes a note of all the new NPCs' names
[Wed Sep 6 20:16:38 2017] : Alhandra: ooc points to Bert for recognizing the quote ;)
[Wed Sep 6 20:16:53 2017] : Aldwulf: "Good evening, would you happen to have a few rooms?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:16:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you know, we could have built ourselves a house over the winter!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:16 2017] : Alhandra: "Hmm. AN idea. I needt o play with it though".
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:29 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "For you, of course we've got rooms, but it's been busier than usual recently."
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:31 2017] : Alhandra: "I like my freedome and having someone to blame for the mess"
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:35 2017] : Alhandra: *freedom
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:45 2017] : Alhandra: "Oh, that's good. Why?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:17:48 2017] : Aldwulf: "Business is good then?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:18:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Travellers?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:18:32 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "There's been travellers in town, coming and going, a bit of trade, and there's a quiet warrior man staying this last week. Says he's called Kundal, but didn't say much more than that.
[Wed Sep 6 20:18:40 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "Doesn't cause trouble though."
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:08 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "Is it bad news? You're here without the boy, but you don't look like you found a body."
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:15 2017] : Aldwulf: "Thats good to hear. We'll keep an eye out for this Kundal"
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "It might be good for the village to have someone strong on hand"
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:23 2017] : Aldwulf: "No, just delivered him home"
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:43 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "He's home? His parents were so worried. This news will travel fast!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:19:54 2017] : Aldwulf: "I presume his parents have tied him to the bed by now"
[Wed Sep 6 20:20:16 2017] : Alhandra: "Yes, I would have too though. This kid can't stay put"
[Wed Sep 6 20:20:26 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "Sit, sit. We'll bring dinner. Hob!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:20:59 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: A halfling runs out from the back of the inn, and Eadmond sends him to fetch plates of bread and cold meat
[Wed Sep 6 20:21:13 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "It's not much, but it's food."
[Wed Sep 6 20:21:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hot food is always welcome"
[Wed Sep 6 20:21:38 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "Should I wake the cook?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:21:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah, sorry"
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "To be honest, anything is better than rations"
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:09 2017] : Eadfrid: "Bread and cold meats is fine."
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "No need to wake the cook"
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:16 2017] : Eadfrid: "Better than trail rations!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:37 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "Then relax, and tell me what happened! Your usual rooms are ready."
[Wed Sep 6 20:22:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you have any broth or stew keeping bubbling?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:24:13 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "We shall see."
[Wed Sep 6 20:24:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 6 20:24:58 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: Hob is sent back to the kitchen again, and returns with four bowls of hot broth - barley cooked in bone-stock, with a few winter vegetables in
[Wed Sep 6 20:25:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Thankyou"
[Wed Sep 6 20:25:33 2017] : Aldwulf: "Oh, perfect!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:25:55 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "I'm sure we could do better than this if only we knew you were coming."
[Wed Sep 6 20:26:35 2017] : Aldwulf: "Tomorrow night then?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:26:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "No need to trouble yourself"
[Wed Sep 6 20:26:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "Bacon and sausages for breakfast?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:27:27 2017] : Eadmond the Innkeeper: "That we can manage."
[Wed Sep 6 20:27:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sounds grand"
[Wed Sep 6 20:27:47 2017] : DM: The next morning...
[Wed Sep 6 20:28:40 2017] : DM: At breakfast, Eadmond is true to his work and brings a heaped platter of cooked pig products. It's a heavy breakfast but, after days in the swamps, is very welcome.
[Wed Sep 6 20:29:19 2017] : DM: Before you've finished eating, the common room is rapidly filling up. Everyone has heard the news and, instead of going out to the fields, they've all come here to hear the story.
[Wed Sep 6 20:29:50 2017] : DM: The buzz of the crowd fades expectantly as you finish eating...
[Wed Sep 6 20:29:56 2017] : DM: ooc who's telling the tale?
[Wed Sep 6 20:30:10 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc The Bard
[Wed Sep 6 20:30:55 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc Alhandra? ;)
[Wed Sep 6 20:30:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Aldwulf is presumably the story teller
[Wed Sep 6 20:31:19 2017] : DM: ooc you lot really don't like talking, do you? :-)
[Wed Sep 6 20:31:38 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I would actually, but I was not there for most of the adventure!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:31:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I have a low charisma, and so does Cuichelm ;-)
[Wed Sep 6 20:32:01 2017] : Alhandra: ooc you dso don't Craig. lol.
[Wed Sep 6 20:32:08 2017] : Alhandra: ooc *so
[Wed Sep 6 20:32:08 2017] : Aldwulf: "So we took off towards the East as fast we could"
[Wed Sep 6 20:32:21 2017] : Aldwulf: "Hunting for clues and tracks as we went"
[Wed Sep 6 20:32:51 2017] : Aldwulf: "However the swamp is cold and unforgiving"
[Wed Sep 6 20:33:22 2017] : DM: ooc West.
[Wed Sep 6 20:33:32 2017] : Aldwulf: "So we took off towards the West as fast we could"
[Wed Sep 6 20:34:37 2017] : Aldwulf: "We knew however that there was a strange old house in the middle and thought that maybe Tig had wandered that way"
[Wed Sep 6 20:34:55 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: "You mean the Witch?!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:35:10 2017] : Aldwulf: "Aye, I guess thats who we mean"
[Wed Sep 6 20:35:29 2017] : Eadfrid: "Helpful woman, when asked politely. Wouldn't have found Tig without her."
[Wed Sep 6 20:35:34 2017] : Aldwulf: "Tig wasn't there, but she was able to help us out with a spell casting"
[Wed Sep 6 20:36:18 2017] : Aldwulf: "Not a chance! Doesn't much like being disturbed, but thats no crime"
[Wed Sep 6 20:36:23 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: "But they say she eats children!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:36:40 2017] : Aldwulf: "They are wrong! Very wrong"
[Wed Sep 6 20:37:26 2017] : Aldwulf: "With her help we found Tig, in the webbed hands of some lizardfolk"
[Wed Sep 6 20:37:57 2017] : Aldwulf: "Up we strode to their gate, and called out to them"
[Wed Sep 6 20:38:00 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: Collective gasp
[Wed Sep 6 20:38:29 2017] : Aldwulf: "At first they denied all knowledge, but with a little.. persuasion, they opened up"
[Wed Sep 6 20:39:11 2017] : Aldwulf: "Just as I untied Tig, their King came roaring out of his hut rallying his forces to attack"
[Wed Sep 6 20:39:32 2017] : Aldwulf: "By this time, Eadfrid was 12 feet tall, and just as well!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:39:45 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: "You can grow?! Show us!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:40:01 2017] : Alhandra: "not as easy as it sounds"
[Wed Sep 6 20:40:21 2017] : Aldwulf: "I fell, with a nasty blow to the head, but Tig held his nerve and Eadfrid covered us both time I was on my feet again"
[Wed Sep 6 20:40:23 2017] : Eadfrid: "It's just a spell."
[Wed Sep 6 20:41:10 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm nods as the story is told
[Wed Sep 6 20:41:31 2017] : Aldwulf: "The Battle ebbed and flowed, with Cuichelm hindering their forces, Eadfrid trying to batter them into submission, and myself nipping round the edges"
[Wed Sep 6 20:41:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc making L3 spell nodes, so a bit occupied
[Wed Sep 6 20:41:53 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: ooc np
[Wed Sep 6 20:42:06 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: ooc whisper me which spells you need - I may have them
[Wed Sep 6 20:42:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm done now
[Wed Sep 6 20:42:23 2017] : Aldwulf: "Cuichelm kept Tig safe and hidden with more magic, allowing us to wittle down their forces until the King was finally felled"
[Wed Sep 6 20:42:49 2017] : Voice in the Crowd: The crowd cheers
[Wed Sep 6 20:43:19 2017] : Aldwulf: "The last remaining Lizardfolk surrendered and we chased them from the stockade, with a threat of death if they returned"
[Wed Sep 6 20:43:29 2017] : Alhandra: "I do think though, that the hardest bit, was to hold on to the boy, he kept running away!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:43:58 2017] : Alhandra: ooc oops, keep this for later in the sotry lol
[Wed Sep 6 20:44:09 2017] : Aldwulf: "We thought that was the end of it, but as we investigated the area, we found the real story"
[Wed Sep 6 20:44:46 2017] : Aldwulf: "The Lizardfolk were under the influence of a mystical being, and it nearly damn well got us too"
[Wed Sep 6 20:45:18 2017] : Aldwulf: "Alas, in the end it escaped us. I just hope it stays away"
[Wed Sep 6 20:46:12 2017] : Aldwulf: "And that is pretty much that, although I'm sure Tig will have a few tales to tell"
[Wed Sep 6 20:46:23 2017] : Tig: "Wouldn't you run away too?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:46:33 2017] : Tig: Tig is incensed at Alhandra's description"
[Wed Sep 6 20:46:58 2017] : Aldwulf: "You held up well Tig. Nothing at all to be ashamed of"
[Wed Sep 6 20:47:03 2017] : DM: There's an immediate clamour, as everyone tries asking questions at once.
[Wed Sep 6 20:47:12 2017] : Aldwulf: "Except maybe for scaring your family half to death"
[Wed Sep 6 20:47:16 2017] : DM: "What if it comes back?" is the main one.
[Wed Sep 6 20:47:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "Then we deal with it"
[Wed Sep 6 20:48:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "We'll be headed further that way and we'll keep an eye out for it"
[Wed Sep 6 20:48:10 2017] : DM: Akiros has been listening silently, and now he steps forward.
[Wed Sep 6 20:48:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "We were very drained after fighting the lizards"
[Wed Sep 6 20:48:31 2017] : Akiros: "You've all heard the story, folks, and it's best to get back to the fields now."
[Wed Sep 6 20:49:02 2017] : DM: With a minimum of grumbling, he manages to clear the room, and comes over to join you.
[Wed Sep 6 20:49:09 2017] : Alhandra: "Hi there."
[Wed Sep 6 20:49:34 2017] : Akiros: "Thank you. Both for the rescue, and for telling the tale so well. It's not often we have a true storyteller in town."
[Wed Sep 6 20:49:54 2017] : Akiros: "A bit isolated out here, even for a small village like this."
[Wed Sep 6 20:50:09 2017] : Aldwulf: "I'm an amateur. You should hear the Professinal Bards at work. Its like you're really there"
[Wed Sep 6 20:50:42 2017] : Aldwulf: "You can almost smell the breath of whatever they were fighting"
[Wed Sep 6 20:50:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "I'm sure bards will come, always stories for them to find out here."
[Wed Sep 6 20:51:50 2017] : Akiros: "I've smelt the breath of a monster or two, and I don't want to repeat the experience!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:51:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, if you get one turn up, I'm sure we wouldn't mind them following us and emboldening us with their performance"
[Wed Sep 6 20:52:06 2017] : Akiros: Akiros, normally very serious, almost smiles at Aldwulf's joke.
[Wed Sep 6 20:52:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "The bards that is, not the monsters!"
[Wed Sep 6 20:52:25 2017] : Akiros: ooc Beat, beat, beat, beat the stupid monsters?
[Wed Sep 6 20:53:17 2017] : Alhandra: "Maybe it is our fate to be the tale of bards"
[Wed Sep 6 20:53:21 2017] : Alhandra: "We'll see"
[Wed Sep 6 20:54:16 2017] : Akiros: "So, do you have plans now? Thankfully, we have no further crisis for you."
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:02 2017] : Aldwulf: "A few days in town and then back on the road a expect"
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "There's some other interesting leads to follow up on from that dwarf explorer we met."
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:29 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc it wasn't a dwarf was it? gnome?
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:31 2017] : Akiros: ooc gnome!
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:48 2017] : Alhandra: "But I do want to rest"
[Wed Sep 6 20:55:54 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc looking for a former dwarven settlement?
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:00 2017] : Akiros: ooc correct.
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:24 2017] : Eadfrid: "I mean that gnome explorer looking for the dwarf ruins."
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:29 2017] : Akiros: "And the people have been talking about building a house for you, somewhere to stay when you visit the town."
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:39 2017] : Aldwulf: "I alwasy get those mixed up too"
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:56 2017] : Aldwulf: "Really? Thats too kind"
[Wed Sep 6 20:56:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "That would be nice, though we can always use the inn"
[Wed Sep 6 20:57:03 2017] : Akiros: "I suspect that after today it will be that or a statue in the centre of the village."
[Wed Sep 6 20:57:12 2017] : Aldwulf: "I'm sure they have far more important things to do"
[Wed Sep 6 20:57:40 2017] : Aldwulf: "Please not a statue"
[Wed Sep 6 20:57:46 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'd prefer that timbers were saved for building the bridge that I designed"
[Wed Sep 6 20:58:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "The sooner we get a safe and sturdy crossing on the river, the better"
[Wed Sep 6 20:58:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "And we can get the ferrymen back here"
[Wed Sep 6 20:58:26 2017] : Aldwulf: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 6 20:58:51 2017] : Akiros: "That reminds me. Did you find good timber upriver?"
[Wed Sep 6 20:58:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "we heard some disturbing rumours that could cause personal troubles from Tig"
[Wed Sep 6 20:59:13 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc err?
[Wed Sep 6 20:59:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "Oh..."
[Wed Sep 6 20:59:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "We found some very sturdy and strong trees to the West"
[Wed Sep 6 20:59:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm describes the location
[Wed Sep 6 21:00:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "They would make good support struts and piles"
[Wed Sep 6 21:00:31 2017] : Akiros: "Then we'll send our loggers there."
[Wed Sep 6 21:00:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "And would probably make excellent beams for the roofs in the village"
[Wed Sep 6 21:03:25 2017] : DM: ooc Anything more to talk about before you make plans for the next few days?
[Wed Sep 6 21:03:55 2017] : Cuichelm: "Akiros..."
[Wed Sep 6 21:04:17 2017] : Akiros: Yes?
[Wed Sep 6 21:04:23 2017] : Akiros: ooc "Yes?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:04:31 2017] : Cuichelm: "Before we leave, I have learned the magics required to fly for a few minutes"
[Wed Sep 6 21:04:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you see any use in me doing so from the village"
[Wed Sep 6 21:05:11 2017] : Cuichelm: "Perhaps I could see something from high up that may be a threat, or of interest"
[Wed Sep 6 21:05:51 2017] : Akiros: "That would be... a sight to see. If nothing else, you will at least see the lie of the land."
[Wed Sep 6 21:06:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc not sure why I asked him??!
[Wed Sep 6 21:06:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Now that I say it out loud, I'm not sure why I asked you"
[Wed Sep 6 21:06:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "It makes good sense"
[Wed Sep 6 21:06:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "I guess I was wary of using something new"
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:21 2017] : Akiros: "Then we will be ready. I am not sure how we can help if there is a problem."
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:25 2017] : Aldwulf: "We can try it they the Sun is at its highest"
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:27 2017] : Akiros: "Do not fly too high."
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:33 2017] : Cuichelm: "It may be worth letting the villagers know"
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:34 2017] : Aldwulf: "We can try it when the Sun is at its highest"
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:43 2017] : Akiros: ooc possibly because his name is a bit like Ikaros? ;-)
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:50 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yep
[Wed Sep 6 21:07:55 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't want to frighten anyone"
[Wed Sep 6 21:08:05 2017] : Cuichelm: "That's a good idea Aldwulf"
[Wed Sep 6 21:08:46 2017] : Cuichelm: "To be honest, on my first try I wll likely not venture too high anyway"
[Wed Sep 6 21:09:46 2017] : DM: The news is passed around and, the next day at noon, Cuichelm prepares for his first flight.
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:10 2017] : Aldwulf: "Cuichelm, take my helm. It help you spot things somehow"
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:11 2017] : DM: The villagers gather on the edge of the settlement, ready to watch.
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:35 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc +2 perception
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:37 2017] : DM: A small child asks, loud in the silence, "Where's his wings, Pa?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:47 2017] : DM: ooc brb - drink
[Wed Sep 6 21:10:49 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 6 21:11:11 2017] : Cuichelm: Fly: Level 3 - The subject can fly
The subject can fly at a speed of 60 feet and gains a +2 bonus on Fly skill checks (Duration = 5 minutes)

[Wed Sep 6 21:11:24 2017] : Cuichelm: Fly: [1d20(15) + 9] = 24
[Wed Sep 6 21:11:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 26 then
[Wed Sep 6 21:11:59 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm rises with Aldwulf's helmet on...
[Wed Sep 6 21:12:52 2017] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Sep 6 21:13:25 2017] : DM: What route are you flying? Climbing then descending?
[Wed Sep 6 21:13:48 2017] : Cuichelm: On noticing that he has a good handle on it, he rises about 600 feet
[Wed Sep 6 21:13:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:04 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc that takes 2 minutes up, 1 down
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:22 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc but I'll spend 1 minute looking around (taking 20)
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:27 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 14] = 34
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:34 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc +2 ;-)
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:40 2017] : DM: ooc OK - I think you can ascend at half speed, can't you?
[Wed Sep 6 21:14:45 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 6 21:15:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 60 ft fly speed, = 2 minutes up
[Wed Sep 6 21:15:19 2017] : DM: ooc I forgot it was 2 minutes. Oops.
[Wed Sep 6 21:15:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 30 seconds down
[Wed Sep 6 21:16:25 2017] : DM: ooc OK. You can realistically see... DC0 stuff, 360ft away. So anything on the ground you can't make out in detail.
[Wed Sep 6 21:16:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc taking 20 is 2 minutes, but still within my flight time
[Wed Sep 6 21:17:14 2017] : DM: Cuichelm doesn't see any approaching threats, but it's a new and interesting way to look at the land. He can see a lot of the surrounding terrain, including where the hills meet, and the rivers flow.
[Wed Sep 6 21:17:34 2017] : DM: The forest to the north and west is just a darker green smudge at this distance.
[Wed Sep 6 21:18:06 2017] : DM: The light breeze threatens to blow him off course, but he controls the descent to land with just a little stumble.
[Wed Sep 6 21:18:25 2017] : DM: The crowd applaud, as if this is just an exotic circus trick for their benefit.
[Wed Sep 6 21:18:35 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc like Iron Man after his first test flight? ;-)
[Wed Sep 6 21:18:40 2017] : DM: ooc yep.
[Wed Sep 6 21:18:56 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Hope I don't fall through the mansion roof!
[Wed Sep 6 21:19:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm reports what he saw, then retreats to his work area and draws
[Wed Sep 6 21:19:43 2017] : Cuichelm: Craft: Cartography: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16
[Wed Sep 6 21:20:01 2017] : DM: ooc what's everyone else doing while Cuichelm makes his notes?
[Wed Sep 6 21:20:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 6 21:21:24 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra is practicing archery at the back of the inn (or wherever appropriate)
[Wed Sep 6 21:21:46 2017] : Eadfrid: Not much. Depends on what else is going on in the village. If the militia are training Eadfrid will check up on them.
[Wed Sep 6 21:21:57 2017] : Aldwulf: Alwulf joins Alhandra
[Wed Sep 6 21:22:24 2017] : DM: Alhandra and Aldwulf join the militia for archery practice
[Wed Sep 6 21:24:49 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I never told you what I did during my spare time, but I haven't forgotten.
[Wed Sep 6 21:24:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc will get back to you ;)
[Wed Sep 6 21:24:56 2017] : DM: It's a pleasant way to spend the afternoon
[Wed Sep 6 21:25:00 2017] : DM: ooc cool :)
[Wed Sep 6 21:25:44 2017] : DM: Towards the evening, there's a bit of a commotion at the east edge of town, as people are coming in from the fields.
[Wed Sep 6 21:26:43 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Sep 6 21:26:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:03 2017] : Aldwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(7) + 10] = 17
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:21 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(17) + 14] = 31
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:43 2017] : DM: Aldwulf thinks it sounds like an incipient mob
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:53 2017] : DM: Cuichelm hears the word "Monster!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:27:59 2017] : Aldwulf: "Oh, somethings up"
[Wed Sep 6 21:28:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "Oh dear..."
[Wed Sep 6 21:28:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "Monster?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:28:15 2017] : Aldwulf: "Its the egg, isn't it?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:28:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "Possibly"
[Wed Sep 6 21:29:17 2017] : Eadfrid: "Better get over there."
[Wed Sep 6 21:29:20 2017] : DM: As you head to investigate, you see that the gate guard have stopped... not an egg, but a kobold
[Wed Sep 6 21:29:24 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid hustles.
[Wed Sep 6 21:29:48 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hmm"
[Wed Sep 6 21:29:49 2017] : Mikmek: "Mighty heroes! Help!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc is he from the cave?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:03 2017] : Mikmek: "Soft-pink-ones want to kill Mikmek!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:11 2017] : Aldwulf: "Whoa, whoa, whats going on?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:18 2017] : DM: ooc he's the one you rescued from being tortured by the mites.
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Hey back up everyone! The kobolds are our trading partners."
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Intimidate: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Sep 6 21:30:46 2017] : Tanner: "Kobold? You said the lizards took my boy!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:31:15 2017] : Tanner: Tanner is wary of Eadfrid, but equally, he's a father with a child to protect
[Wed Sep 6 21:31:27 2017] : Aldwulf: "This is Mikmek, he's a Kobold, not a lizardfolk"
[Wed Sep 6 21:31:48 2017] : Aldwulf: "His tribe are not our enemy"
[Wed Sep 6 21:31:52 2017] : Mikmek: "Sootscale Kobold", Mikmek says proudly.
[Wed Sep 6 21:31:58 2017] : Eadfrid: "lizardfolk are bigger and greener and live in the swamp. Kobolds are small and brown and live underground."
[Wed Sep 6 21:32:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "You're a human, I'm an elf, Aldwulf is a fetchling"
[Wed Sep 6 21:32:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "There are a lot of folk out there"
[Wed Sep 6 21:32:29 2017] : Mikmek: "Tribe invites mighty heroes to feast! Big feast in honour of mighty heroes!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:32:49 2017] : Mikmek: "Is tomorrow night. Mighty heroes come before soft-pink-ones tear Mikmek's head off?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:11 2017] : Tanner: ooc Diplomacy check please Cuichelm
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "A feast? Sure."
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:20 2017] : Cuichelm: Diplomacy: [1d20(5) + -2] = 3
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc heh
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:45 2017] : Tanner: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 6 21:33:58 2017] : Tanner: "Well, if he's under your protection..."
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:06 2017] : Tanner: Tanner subsides, grumbling
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:16 2017] : Aldwulf: "He doesn't need to be under our protection"
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:19 2017] : Alhandra: "I like the idea of a feast"
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:31 2017] : Aldwulf: "He is no threat to the town"
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:34 2017] : Aldwulf: Diplomacy: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:34 2017] : Alhandra: "what earns us the honor Mikmek?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:38 2017] : Aldwulf: ooc ffs
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:44 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc thankfully presumably a dc 0 (+ Tanner's cha mod!)
[Wed Sep 6 21:34:49 2017] : Alhandra: Diplomacy: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:02 2017] : Alhandra: "Really, he isn't a threat"
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:09 2017] : Mikmek: ooc yep
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:12 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:16 2017] : Alhandra: ooc we be bosses
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:40 2017] : Mikmek: "Sootscale tribe has first silver ready for trade and wants mighty heroes as guests of honour!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:46 2017] : Mikmek: ooc Sense Motive, everyone.
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Sense Motive: [1d20(17) + -1] = 16
[Wed Sep 6 21:35:59 2017] : Aldwulf: Sense Motive: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Sep 6 21:36:08 2017] : Alhandra: Sense Motive: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Sep 6 21:36:45 2017] : DM: He's on the up.
[Wed Sep 6 21:36:59 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19
[Wed Sep 6 21:38:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "Mikmek, what aren't you telling us?"
[Wed Sep 6 21:38:20 2017] : Aldwulf: "Sound good"
[Wed Sep 6 21:38:58 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra looks at Culchem funny, raising an eyebrow
[Wed Sep 6 21:39:32 2017] : DM: "Is true! Is big feast for mighty heroes! And Chief Sootscale has important news, and mighty heroes saved Sootscales from evil shaman Tartuk!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:40:00 2017] : DM: By now, the crowd have moved on from wanting to lynch Mikmek, but they're thoroughly entertained by him.
[Wed Sep 6 21:40:42 2017] : Mikmek: "Well, kobolds still have to hunt the meat for dinner, but will all be OK. Big feast tomorrow! Come now!"
[Wed Sep 6 21:40:48 2017] : DM: GAME END