Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 9 19:50:18 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 9 19:51:35 2017] : DM: Having rescued some gnome explorers - or their wagon at least - you learned that there's a "Lizard King's Lair" to the west of Lakeside, not much more than a day's ride away.
[Wed Aug 9 19:51:54 2017] : DM: You decided to deal with this immediately, and headed back to Lakeside.
[Wed Aug 9 19:52:19 2017] : DM: When you get there, the guards on watch wave to you, then shout "They're back!"
[Wed Aug 9 19:52:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm has a think about what a 'Lizard King' might be
[Wed Aug 9 19:52:48 2017] : DM: A couple of townsfolk rush in from the fields near the town.
[Wed Aug 9 19:52:57 2017] : Adwulf: "Oh, whats up?"
[Wed Aug 9 19:53:17 2017] : Myra Tannersen: "It's my boy! He's missing!"
[Wed Aug 9 19:53:39 2017] : Myra Tannersen: "He's always off exploring, wants to find new things and new places, but it's been days and he's not back!"
[Wed Aug 9 19:53:39 2017] : Eadfrid: "Where was he last seen?"
[Wed Aug 9 19:53:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(11) + 6] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 19:54:07 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc no Knowledge: Local!!
[Wed Aug 9 19:54:17 2017] : Myra Tannersen: "Out to the west - in the forest"
[Wed Aug 9 19:54:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "North of the river?"
[Wed Aug 9 19:54:53 2017] : Myra Tannersen: "No, across the river, where it's swampy"
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:11 2017] : Adwulf: "Hmmm"
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:29 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm looks at the others
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "We'd best take a look as fast as possible."
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "Agreed"
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:52 2017] : Adwulf: "LEts go"
[Wed Aug 9 19:55:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc when did we last rest?
[Wed Aug 9 19:56:10 2017] : DM: ooc it's late evening now; you had a good night's sleep before the encounter with the gnomes.
[Wed Aug 9 19:56:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I don't want to metagame my spell selection... OK, no change from when we met the gnomes
[Wed Aug 9 19:56:53 2017] : Adwulf: "Its going to be dark soon, better get going"
[Wed Aug 9 19:57:12 2017] : Eadfrid: "What's your boy's name?"
[Wed Aug 9 19:57:28 2017] : Adwulf: "and what does he look like?"
[Wed Aug 9 19:58:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc and would he fit in an oven in a gingerbread house?
[Wed Aug 9 19:58:28 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc there is that witch's hut in that direction.
[Wed Aug 9 19:58:28 2017] : Myra Tannersen: "Thank you! He's called Tig - his real name's Tanner, like his dad and his dad before him. Everyone calls him Tig. He's small, about ten years old, blond hair, curly."
[Wed Aug 9 19:58:29 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 9 19:58:40 2017] : DM: ooc it would have to be a very large oven.
[Wed Aug 9 19:59:08 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Cuichelm looks for breadcrumbs
[Wed Aug 9 19:59:21 2017] : Cuichelm: "Onwards then"
[Wed Aug 9 19:59:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm turns his horse, looking for the river crossing
[Wed Aug 9 19:59:59 2017] : DM: ooc where are you heading to?
[Wed Aug 9 20:00:16 2017] : Eadfrid: "Try and pick on the trail on the river bank?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:00:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "Sure"
[Wed Aug 9 20:00:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc is the witch's hut in the swampy section?
[Wed Aug 9 20:00:50 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 9 20:01:15 2017] : Cuichelm: when no-one else is around
[Wed Aug 9 20:01:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "I assume we're all thinking of the witch?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:01:33 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes..."
[Wed Aug 9 20:01:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "You never know, she may just have helped a lost boy"
[Wed Aug 9 20:01:59 2017] : Adwulf: "sadly"
[Wed Aug 9 20:02:33 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm doesn't look like he believes that for a moment
[Wed Aug 9 20:03:00 2017] : DM: OK. You ride into the swamp. It's getting seriously dark.
[Wed Aug 9 20:03:20 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf dismounts and looks for clues or tracks
[Wed Aug 9 20:03:25 2017] : DM: Perception check, please.
[Wed Aug 9 20:03:32 2017] : Adwulf: Follow Clues Talent: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 20:03:59 2017] : DM: It's far too dark, and the ground is swampy and doesn't hold tracks well. You know you're not going to be able to find anything tonight.
[Wed Aug 9 20:04:05 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid stays out of the way.
[Wed Aug 9 20:04:22 2017] : Adwulf: "Grounds too soft and its getting dark"
[Wed Aug 9 20:04:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let's press on to the witch, we can return and look for clues in the morning."
[Wed Aug 9 20:04:45 2017] : Adwulf: "Was just about to suggest that"
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:09 2017] : DM: OK. Survival checks please. I need a nominated leader and two Aid Anothers.
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc moonlight, starlight?
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:25 2017] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(10) + -1] = 9
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:27 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Adwulf has darkvision?
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:34 2017] : Adwulf: ooc and low light
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:39 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(17) + 13] = 30
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:45 2017] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Wed Aug 9 20:05:48 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Aug 9 20:06:04 2017] : Adwulf: ooc well aren't we all the great survivalists
[Wed Aug 9 20:06:18 2017] : DM: Assuming the person with the highest modifier makes the lead roll, that's an untrained 18.
[Wed Aug 9 20:06:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I was about to say the same... frail old elf, best survivor?
[Wed Aug 9 20:07:25 2017] : DM: Cuichelm manages to find a true path, and you don't fall into any deep pits, though there's more luck than judgment.
[Wed Aug 9 20:07:56 2017] : DM: You make it to the witch's hut a bit after midnight. There's a thin moon in the sky, shedding just a bit of light.
[Wed Aug 9 20:08:23 2017] : DM: The hut is deserted, but she's replaced the scarecrow in the "garden".
[Wed Aug 9 20:08:31 2017] : Eadfrid: "Um."
[Wed Aug 9 20:08:45 2017] : Adwulf: "Shall we try the gate this time?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:08:56 2017] : DM: ooc I only just came up with the scarecrow but it seemed to fit.
[Wed Aug 9 20:08:56 2017] : Eadfrid: "Not liking the look of that scarecrow."
[Wed Aug 9 20:09:15 2017] : DM: You circle round the fence to the gate. There's a bell next to it.
[Wed Aug 9 20:09:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, do we announce ourselves and ask if she's seen *this* boy?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:10:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc hold up a small photo of John Connor
[Wed Aug 9 20:10:24 2017] : Adwulf: ooc just picturing that scene
[Wed Aug 9 20:10:35 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 9 20:11:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid rings the bell, then steps away
[Wed Aug 9 20:11:44 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf also backs up
[Wed Aug 9 20:12:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc did either of you pick any crafted items?
[Wed Aug 9 20:12:45 2017] : Adwulf: ooc yes, but I forgot which ones
[Wed Aug 9 20:12:46 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc +2 cloak of resistance
[Wed Aug 9 20:13:06 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I need to remove some cash from the kitty
[Wed Aug 9 20:13:47 2017] : DM: The scarecrow turns to look at you.
[Wed Aug 9 20:13:52 2017] : Adwulf: ooc think I was going cloak as well
[Wed Aug 9 20:14:04 2017] : DM: You didn't notice it move, but somehow it's between you and the house.
[Wed Aug 9 20:14:10 2017] : Adwulf: "What the..."
[Wed Aug 9 20:14:25 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(3) + 13] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 20:14:26 2017] : DM: after a while, an old woman's voice yells from the hut.
[Wed Aug 9 20:14:34 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Go away! It's after midnight!"
[Wed Aug 9 20:15:00 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Normal people are sleeping!"
[Wed Aug 9 20:15:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Cuichelm, remembering his shortcomings, keeps quiet
[Wed Aug 9 20:16:12 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sorry to bother you, but we're looking for a missing boy. Have you seen him?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:16:47 2017] : The Old Beldame: "So you come and bother an old woman in the middle of the night. Why? Go away. And I haven't seen any boys."
[Wed Aug 9 20:17:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Sense Motive: [1d20(17) + -1] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 20:17:08 2017] : Adwulf: Sense Motive: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Aug 9 20:18:19 2017] : Adwulf: "Sorry to have bothered you, have a nice night"
[Wed Aug 9 20:18:28 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Don't come back!"
[Wed Aug 9 20:18:31 2017] : Adwulf: "Nice scarecrow"
[Wed Aug 9 20:19:05 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets keep looking"
[Wed Aug 9 20:19:28 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should probably wait outside until morning"
[Wed Aug 9 20:19:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "She may be able to help"
[Wed Aug 9 20:20:14 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets camp a bit further away though. No sense annoying her even more"
[Wed Aug 9 20:20:49 2017] : Eadfrid: "Ok"
[Wed Aug 9 20:20:53 2017] : DM: Survival checks to find somewhere to camp.
[Wed Aug 9 20:20:58 2017] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 20:21:00 2017] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(9) + -1] = 8
[Wed Aug 9 20:21:39 2017] : DM: Eadfrid's approach is to poke bits of ground with a stick until he finds a dry one.
[Wed Aug 9 20:22:22 2017] : DM: Adwulf's slightly more analytic approach finds somewhere dry and safe, and you set up camp. It's difficult to light a fire in the swamp - are you doing so?
[Wed Aug 9 20:22:37 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 20:22:51 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc how cold is it?
[Wed Aug 9 20:22:58 2017] : Eadfrid: "If Tig is nearby, he might see a fire."
[Wed Aug 9 20:23:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Light: Level 0 - Causes a touched object to glow like a torch for 40 minutes
[Wed Aug 9 20:23:09 2017] : DM: ooc it's cold but not freezing.
[Wed Aug 9 20:23:09 2017] : Adwulf: "Good point"
[Wed Aug 9 20:23:28 2017] : Cuichelm: Prestidigitation: Level 0 - Perform simple magical effects for 1 hour. e.g. Slowly lift 1 pound of material; Colour, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round; Chill, warm, or flavor 1 pound of nonliving material.
[Wed Aug 9 20:24:01 2017] : DM: With the aid of a bit of magic, you make a comfortable enough camp-site.
[Wed Aug 9 20:24:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc love that spell
[Wed Aug 9 20:24:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm makes the spell create a load of friction on kindling,
[Wed Aug 9 20:25:36 2017] : DM: ooc where are you finding kindling in a swamp?
[Wed Aug 9 20:26:10 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc Dried reeds
[Wed Aug 9 20:26:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc err faggots on our horses??
[Wed Aug 9 20:26:31 2017] : DM: ooc fair enough. I'll let it ride :)
[Wed Aug 9 20:26:34 2017] : DM: You start the fire.
[Wed Aug 9 20:26:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc obviously removed first ;-)
[Wed Aug 9 20:27:06 2017] : DM: In the middle of the night...
[Wed Aug 9 20:27:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'll be walking in my sleep
[Wed Aug 9 20:27:21 2017] : DM: Perception check from Eadfrid, please.
[Wed Aug 9 20:27:28 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19
[Wed Aug 9 20:27:54 2017] : DM: Eadfrid spots a few horrid shapes moving in the darkness.
[Wed Aug 9 20:28:04 2017] : DM: They look like they're attracted by the firelight...
[Wed Aug 9 20:28:17 2017] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 9 20:31:45 2017] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Aug 9 20:33:18 2017] : DM: ooc can everyone see the map?
[Wed Aug 9 20:33:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 9 20:33:47 2017] : Adwulf: ooc no background, just some blue squares
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:01 2017] : DM: ooc those are the particularly wet bits
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:32 2017] : DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:35 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:38 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(10) + 0 + 2] = 12
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:49 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Aug 9 20:34:57 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Aug 9 20:35:04 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Aug 9 20:36:15 2017] : Eadfrid: "Get up everyone! Under attack!"
[Wed Aug 9 20:36:29 2017] : Eadfrid: Move forwards, ready an attack.
[Wed Aug 9 20:36:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Aug 9 20:36:52 2017] : DM: Perception checks from Adwulf and Cuichelm, please.
[Wed Aug 9 20:37:01 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(14) + 13] = 27
[Wed Aug 9 20:37:04 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(4) + 9] = 13
[Wed Aug 9 20:37:43 2017] : DM: You both wake up
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:02 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(14) + 13] = 27
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc what can I see? Low light vision
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:21 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:24 2017] : DM: The shapes scuttle forward.
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:37 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:42 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:54 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1: [1d20(6) + 11] = 17; Hit: [2d6(6,6) + 10] = 22 damage.
[Wed Aug 9 20:38:57 2017] : DM: They're giant spiders.
[Wed Aug 9 20:39:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ooh, lined up for a line attack!
[Wed Aug 9 20:39:29 2017] : DM: Two of them fall in the swampy patches, and get delayed; the others surround Eadfrid and start biting at him.
[Wed Aug 9 20:39:38 2017] : DM: ooc were you fully armoured for your watch?
[Wed Aug 9 20:39:43 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 0] = 5 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(2)] = 2 Strength damage.

[Wed Aug 9 20:39:45 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 0] = 6 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Aug 9 20:39:45 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 9 20:39:51 2017] : DM: ooc both miss.
[Wed Aug 9 20:40:02 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Aug 9 20:40:31 2017] : DM: You were awakened by Eadfrid's shout, and see five giant spiders heading towards you.
[Wed Aug 9 20:40:37 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc did my readied attack hit?
[Wed Aug 9 20:40:56 2017] : DM: Giant Spider: AC = 14
[Wed Aug 9 20:41:06 2017] : DM: ooc sorry, forgot it was readied
[Wed Aug 9 20:41:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm crawls forwards (1/2 speed?"
[Wed Aug 9 20:42:06 2017] : DM: Crawling is at 1/4 speed, I think
[Wed Aug 9 20:42:26 2017] : DM: yep
[Wed Aug 9 20:42:40 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc still OK I think
[Wed Aug 9 20:42:42 2017] : Cuichelm: Colour Spray: Level 1 - A 15 foot cone of coloured light bursts from Cuichelm's hand. DC 17 will save for all within the area.
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc on C, D and E
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc not E, out of range
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:25 2017] : DM: Will: [1d20(19) + 0 + 1] = 20
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:26 2017] : DM: Will: [1d20(8) + 0 + 1] = 9
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:39 2017] : DM: D is affected, but isn't unconscious.
[Wed Aug 9 20:43:45 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Aug 9 20:44:14 2017] : Adwulf: Unarmoured, Adwulf grabs his bow and shoots from the ground
[Wed Aug 9 20:44:24 2017] : Adwulf: ooc at D
[Wed Aug 9 20:44:32 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(18) + 6] = 24, Damage: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 HP.
[Wed Aug 9 20:44:49 2017] : DM: A hit, and injures the unconscious one.
[Wed Aug 9 20:44:50 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Aug 9 20:45:06 2017] : Adwulf: ooc D is stunned?
[Wed Aug 9 20:45:33 2017] : Adwulf: Sneak Damage: [2d6(1,5)] = 6
[Wed Aug 9 20:45:44 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc do B and C count as adjacent?
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:11 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:22 2017] : Eadfrid: Cleave on B then C.
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31; Hit: [2d6(1,6) + 10] = 17 damage.
Critical threat: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30; Hit: [17 + 2d6(6,2) + 10] = 35 damage

[Wed Aug 9 20:46:31 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28; Hit: [2d6(5,6) + 10] = 21 damage.
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:48 2017] : Adwulf: ooc wow
[Wed Aug 9 20:46:54 2017] : DM: B dies horribly. C dies slightly less horribly.
[Wed Aug 9 20:47:28 2017] : DM: Spider D is stunned. Spider E scuttles off into the darkness, deciding that this is a less easy meal than it had thought.
[Wed Aug 9 20:48:20 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc me?
[Wed Aug 9 20:48:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc can I see E?
[Wed Aug 9 20:48:37 2017] : DM: ooc yes, and no
[Wed Aug 9 20:48:40 2017] : DM: ooc sorry
[Wed Aug 9 20:48:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm stands using the light of the fire to see like daylight
[Wed Aug 9 20:49:24 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc any sign?
[Wed Aug 9 20:49:30 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed Aug 9 20:49:46 2017] : DM: ooc only the tracks, fast fading in the swamp
[Wed Aug 9 20:49:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hmm, gone"
[Wed Aug 9 20:50:16 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm absent mindedly lifts an arm and points it at D
[Wed Aug 9 20:50:21 2017] : Cuichelm: Splintered Spear (Range 100 ft): [1d20(7) + 9] = 16 Damage: [1d6(6) + 5] = 11 HP Bless; . [Wed Aug 9 20:50:27 2017] : DM: Dead.
[Wed Aug 9 20:50:35 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc no bless of course
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:06 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf scans the area for the one that ran
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Wisdom: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:08 2017] : Cuichelm: Worker Ant: Cuichelm completes his Summon Monster II spell - Giant Worker Ant (AC:15, T:10, F:15; 18 HP; CMD 13; Darkvision 60; Scent; Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5) lasts for 4 rounds
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:14 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc grrr
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc node typing
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:21 2017] : DM: The fleeing spider is a long way away.
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:34 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well spotted Eadfrid"
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:44 2017] : Adwulf: "and well killed"
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "Indeed"
[Wed Aug 9 20:51:55 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb. back in 5
[Wed Aug 9 20:52:09 2017] : Eadfrid: "I hope those spiders didn't find Tig."
[Wed Aug 9 20:52:32 2017] : DM: ooc if they did, there'd just be a skeleton and some skin somewhere...
[Wed Aug 9 20:52:38 2017] : DM: (and clothes)
[Wed Aug 9 20:52:51 2017] : DM: ooc brb - 5 min
[Wed Aug 9 20:56:01 2017] : Cuichelm: HP Status 10 out of 12.
[Wed Aug 9 20:56:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc oops
[Wed Aug 9 20:56:21 2017] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Aug 9 20:57:07 2017] : DM: Plans?
[Wed Aug 9 20:57:27 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc continue to rest?
[Wed Aug 9 20:57:55 2017] : Eadfrid: Not much we can do tuntil morning, then try and pick up the trail.
[Wed Aug 9 20:58:44 2017] : DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully
[Wed Aug 9 20:58:53 2017] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Wed Aug 9 20:59:36 2017] : DM: The morning dawns, and you're on an island near a bunch of spider corpses.
[Wed Aug 9 21:00:06 2017] : Adwulf: "I hate those things"
[Wed Aug 9 21:00:36 2017] : DM: You can see the witch's hut in the near distance, about quarter of a mile away.
[Wed Aug 9 21:00:55 2017] : Adwulf: "Think its worth asking her for help?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:04 2017] : Cuichelm: Octopus - Tentacles (Grab): [1d20(20) + 3] = 23 vs AC or grappled.
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:04 2017] : Cuichelm: Octopus - Tentacles (Grab): [1d20(19) + 3] = 22 vs AC or grappled.
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Octopus - Tentacles (Grab): [1d20(9) + 3] = 12 vs AC or grappled.
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:12 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Grrrr
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:16 2017] : Adwulf: ooc god damn it Craig!!! :)
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:18 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:34 2017] : DM: ooc Feature Request: node typing lock switch.
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:36 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't see why not, I'd help"
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:37 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let's split up. I'll go back to the hut, you two search the bank for clues."
[Wed Aug 9 21:01:58 2017] : Adwulf: "You sure thats a good idea?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:02:14 2017] : Eadfrid: "Time may be running out for Tig."
[Wed Aug 9 21:02:51 2017] : DM: OK. Perception checks for Cuichelm and Adwulf, please.
[Wed Aug 9 21:02:54 2017] : Adwulf: "True, lets go check the river bank"
[Wed Aug 9 21:02:55 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I never activate a node with space intentionally
[Wed Aug 9 21:03:08 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(8) + 9] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 21:03:32 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc and I don't search nodes by typing either (intentionally)
[Wed Aug 9 21:03:49 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(1) + 13] = 14
[Wed Aug 9 21:03:49 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I would never think of doing either of those either
[Wed Aug 9 21:04:22 2017] : DM: Neither Adwulf nor Cuichelm finds any tracks. A mundane search probably isn't going to do it.
[Wed Aug 9 21:04:56 2017] : Adwulf: ooc what if we search with style and panache?
[Wed Aug 9 21:05:04 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc divination is an opposition school for me
[Wed Aug 9 21:05:19 2017] : DM: ooc Are you a bard? Or a Dashing Swordsman?
[Wed Aug 9 21:05:36 2017] : DM: Eadfrid: you approach the witch's hut. The scarecrow is watching you.
[Wed Aug 9 21:05:40 2017] : Adwulf: "There nothing here. Lets see how Eadfrid is getting on"
[Wed Aug 9 21:06:54 2017] : Eadfrid: Ring the bell and wait
[Wed Aug 9 21:07:16 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Who is it?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:07:42 2017] : Eadfrid: "Eadfrid, Ma'am. I'm looking for a lost boy, 10 years old called Tig."
[Wed Aug 9 21:07:56 2017] : The Old Beldame: Diplomacy check, please.
[Wed Aug 9 21:07:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Aug 9 21:08:42 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Haven't seen him. Are you one of that lot from last night?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:09:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes, I'm sorry to have disturbed you earlier. But the forest is a dangerous place for a small boy."
[Wed Aug 9 21:10:02 2017] : The Old Beldame: "You panicked, didn't you boy? Panicking doesn't help."
[Wed Aug 9 21:10:17 2017] : The Old Beldame: "But he's not here and hasn't been. You'll have to keep looking."
[Wed Aug 9 21:10:47 2017] : Eadfrid: "Do you have any advise on where to start looking perhaps?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:11:35 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Looking where the boy is might be a good start."
[Wed Aug 9 21:11:43 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Wed Aug 9 21:11:49 2017] : The Old Beldame: ooc she sounds grumpy and unhelpful, but not hostile.
[Wed Aug 9 21:11:56 2017] : The Old Beldame: ooc she's still shouting at you from her hut.
[Wed Aug 9 21:12:58 2017] : Eadfrid: "Um, yes. Perhaps I could come in? Talking would be easier than all this shouting."
[Wed Aug 9 21:13:28 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Hmm. Wipe your feet on the doormat, then."
[Wed Aug 9 21:14:28 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid enters the yard/garden through the gate, keeping a wary eye on the scarecrow he approaches the door.
[Wed Aug 9 21:14:30 2017] : The Old Beldame: The scarecrow watches as you approach the house.
[Wed Aug 9 21:14:58 2017] : The Old Beldame: The hut is dark inside, and a large pot of something is simmering over a fire.
[Wed Aug 9 21:15:17 2017] : The Old Beldame: The woman is old and ugly - very ugly.
[Wed Aug 9 21:15:24 2017] : The Old Beldame: Apart from that, she seems normal enough.
[Wed Aug 9 21:15:24 2017] : Eadfrid: "What are you cooking for breakfast?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:16:10 2017] : The Old Beldame: "S'not breakfast. Potions."
[Wed Aug 9 21:16:19 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Too many damn fevers in this swamp."
[Wed Aug 9 21:16:30 2017] : The Old Beldame: "But enough of that. Why did you come here?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:16:57 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is there any way you can help in the search for Tig. His parents are very worried."
[Wed Aug 9 21:17:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Perhaps you have some potions to help with searching?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:17:32 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Parents usually are. When you're my age you see enough people die that one more or less stops worrying you."
[Wed Aug 9 21:17:50 2017] : The Old Beldame: "And potions ain't for searchin'."
[Wed Aug 9 21:17:58 2017] : The Old Beldame: "You need spells for that. You boys got a wizard?
[Wed Aug 9 21:18:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes, we do."
[Wed Aug 9 21:18:23 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Well, why ain't he spellin' you an answer?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:19:14 2017] : Eadfrid: "I don't think he knows the right spells."
[Wed Aug 9 21:19:35 2017] : Eadfrid: "Do you do spells as well as potions?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:20:00 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Well, shouldn't he learn them? Bloody wizards always talking about how they can cast any spell they needs, and then you actually want one of them, and they don't know the right spells."
[Wed Aug 9 21:20:04 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Yes, I do."
[Wed Aug 9 21:20:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "What would you want in exchange for a casting?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:21:37 2017] : The Old Beldame: "How about... You get me some black rattlecaps, and try not to die before you pay?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:21:46 2017] : The Old Beldame: "And don't break any more of my scarecrows."
[Wed Aug 9 21:22:18 2017] : The Old Beldame: "They're mushrooms, before you ask."
[Wed Aug 9 21:22:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I wondered if that would come up!
[Wed Aug 9 21:22:31 2017] : The Old Beldame: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 9 21:22:33 2017] : Eadfrid: "Don't worry, we won't be messing with your scarecrows again!"
[Wed Aug 9 21:22:43 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Good. They're not easy to make."
[Wed Aug 9 21:23:24 2017] : Eadfrid: "And we can search for these black rotten caps as well. Do they grow locally?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:24:40 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Rattlecaps, not rotten. Other side of the lake. I'll show you where. Be careful, it's not the safest endeavour."
[Wed Aug 9 21:25:26 2017] : Eadfrid: "We're used to danger. Can we find the boy first?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:26:08 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Yes, yes. Go and sit over there, and keep quiet."
[Wed Aug 9 21:26:14 2017] : DM: Switching back to outside...
[Wed Aug 9 21:26:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid does as he's told.
[Wed Aug 9 21:26:53 2017] : DM: You've had a good search, but found nothing. Eadfrid is in the hut, and has been for a while.
[Wed Aug 9 21:26:58 2017] : Adwulf: "Hmm, no sign of Eadfrid. Thats either good or bad"
[Wed Aug 9 21:27:11 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19
[Wed Aug 9 21:27:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "You know what, I'm not sure she's not just some old recluse who doesn't like people much"
[Wed Aug 9 21:27:49 2017] : Adwulf: "Scarecrow looks passive enough, so thats a good sign"
[Wed Aug 9 21:28:02 2017] : Adwulf: "What about the scarecrow?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:28:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Thats impressive"
[Wed Aug 9 21:28:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "A valid defence of her garden from the likes of the spiders"
[Wed Aug 9 21:28:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "I didn't say she had no power"
[Wed Aug 9 21:28:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "But she's never seemed malign"
[Wed Aug 9 21:29:27 2017] : Adwulf: "True. Even though we killed her last scarecrow"
[Wed Aug 9 21:29:32 2017] : Cuichelm: "I know I've vaccilated on my stance"
[Wed Aug 9 21:30:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "ButI said in the village she may help"
[Wed Aug 9 21:30:58 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc vacillate (stupid vaccinate making me get it wrong)
[Wed Aug 9 21:31:34 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets hope so."
[Wed Aug 9 21:31:46 2017] : DM: Back inside...
[Wed Aug 9 21:31:56 2017] : DM: ooc and now I've looked up the divination spells available!
[Wed Aug 9 21:32:40 2017] : Adwulf: ooc nice
[Wed Aug 9 21:34:01 2017] : The Old Beldame: The old woman casts a complicated spell, and stares into the surface of her simmering cauldron.
[Wed Aug 9 21:34:15 2017] : The Old Beldame: She mutters to herself, waving her hands through the steam.
[Wed Aug 9 21:34:56 2017] : The Old Beldame: She pauses, and then shouts at Eadfrid.
[Wed Aug 9 21:35:00 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Got him!"
[Wed Aug 9 21:35:17 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Well, you'll have to go and get him, but that's what your big muscles and your shiny sword are for."
[Wed Aug 9 21:35:48 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid gets up to look. "Where is he?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:36:16 2017] : The Old Beldame: "Go west, follow the swamp, until you find the river. There's an island. He's on the island. Can't see much more."
[Wed Aug 9 21:36:31 2017] : The Old Beldame: "You're lucky I've got this. He's alive. Don't know how much longer."
[Wed Aug 9 21:36:57 2017] : Eadfrid: "Thank you, we will return with your mushrooms as soon as possible."
[Wed Aug 9 21:37:04 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid exits.
[Wed Aug 9 21:37:50 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf looks up expectantly as Eadfrid appears at the door
[Wed Aug 9 21:38:22 2017] : Eadfrid: "We go west, until a river with an island. He's there."
[Wed Aug 9 21:38:31 2017] : Eadfrid: "Alive."
[Wed Aug 9 21:38:39 2017] : DM: ooc remember that West isn't "left" on this map.
[Wed Aug 9 21:39:19 2017] : Adwulf: "No time to waste"
[Wed Aug 9 21:39:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Ah.. *remember*
[Wed Aug 9 21:39:38 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I didn't at all
[Wed Aug 9 21:39:40 2017] : DM: ooc lol!
[Wed Aug 9 21:40:15 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's into uncharted territory, but let's go"
[Wed Aug 9 21:40:19 2017] : DM: ooc that arrow looks mighty questworthy!
[Wed Aug 9 21:40:47 2017] : DM: ooc the arrow points west
[Wed Aug 9 21:40:55 2017] : Adwulf: ooc needs a big yellow exclamation mark
[Wed Aug 9 21:41:07 2017] : DM: You set out, and find there's another, smaller, lake below the main one.
[Wed Aug 9 21:41:38 2017] : DM: There's an island over the far side of it, but it's not in a river, and it's not to the west of the witch's hut.
[Wed Aug 9 21:41:50 2017] : DM: Going to the island or keeping on?
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "That's not the right island."
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Ok"
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I wasn't in the hut...
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc instructions say go west... end statement
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:55 2017] : DM: ooc Eadfrid shared the news.
[Wed Aug 9 21:42:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc follow the swamp
[Wed Aug 9 21:43:06 2017] : DM: "We go west, until a river with an island. He's there."
[Wed Aug 9 21:43:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "We follow the swamp until we reach a river, right?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:43:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "I agree Eadfrid"
[Wed Aug 9 21:44:07 2017] : DM: You carry on, and find the mouth of a river.
[Wed Aug 9 21:44:52 2017] : DM: Heading upstream a little, you spot an island in the river, where it starts to widen.
[Wed Aug 9 21:45:08 2017] : Adwulf: "This looks more like it"
[Wed Aug 9 21:45:50 2017] : DM: The ground is swampy, and it's going to be a challenge to get there without any boats.
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:19 2017] : Adwulf: "How on earth did he get over there on his own?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:39 2017] : Eadfrid: "TIG!" shouts Eadfrid.
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:42 2017] : DM: ooc Knowledge: Nature, or maps.
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:51 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(17) + 0 + 1] = 18
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 13] = 25
[Wed Aug 9 21:46:53 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(20) + 0 + 1] = 21
[Wed Aug 9 21:47:23 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5 (untrained: 5)
[Wed Aug 9 21:47:43 2017] : Adwulf: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Aug 9 21:47:48 2017] : DM: Cuichelm knows that lizardfolk frequently live in swamps, and this matches the location of the Lizard King's Lair.
[Wed Aug 9 21:48:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well we wanted to find the Lizard King's lair..."
[Wed Aug 9 21:48:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's possible that we found it"
[Wed Aug 9 21:48:56 2017] : DM: A low, muddy hummock protrudes from the middle of the widening river, surrounded by a palisade of outward-facing, sharpened wooden stakes. Inside, tendrils of smoke rise from a handful of mounds clustered around a single larger mound. A simple wooden gate on the eastern side of the hummock seems to be the only entrance to the fortified island.
[Wed Aug 9 21:49:06 2017] : DM: ooc (forgot I had a canned description)
[Wed Aug 9 21:49:25 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I don't think I would have shouted if I'd seen the pallisades
[Wed Aug 9 21:49:30 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Aug 9 21:50:35 2017] : DM: Plans for the approach?
[Wed Aug 9 21:51:26 2017] : Adwulf: "Doesn't look friendly"
[Wed Aug 9 21:51:35 2017] : Eadfrid: "The direct approach?"
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:12 2017] : DM: Perception checks please
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes, but we tend to sink in water"
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:17 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(8) + 13] = 21
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:19 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(9) + 9] = 18
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:28 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:37 2017] : DM: You all hear a scream of terror
[Wed Aug 9 21:52:45 2017] : DM: It sounds like a child
[Wed Aug 9 21:53:00 2017] : Adwulf: "Well!"
[Wed Aug 9 21:54:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm keen to press on, but we need to get to the island"
[Wed Aug 9 21:54:34 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Geography: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Aug 9 21:54:36 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc how deep and fast is the river?
[Wed Aug 9 21:54:57 2017] : DM: ooc it's muddy; you can't see the bottom.
[Wed Aug 9 21:55:01 2017] : DM: It's not flowing very fast.
[Wed Aug 9 21:55:39 2017] : Adwulf: "I can't see how"
[Wed Aug 9 21:56:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid removes his armor, "I'll swim across with a rope."
[Wed Aug 9 21:56:11 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Aug 9 21:56:17 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc or not
[Wed Aug 9 21:56:34 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc dc 5 for easy?
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:01 2017] : DM: No progress.
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:05 2017] : DM: DC 10 for calm water.
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:27 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc how many checks?
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:32 2017] : DM: two please.
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Aug 9 21:57:38 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:02 2017] : DM: OK, another one please.
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:07 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc what foul river borne infection do I pick up as I sink?
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:09 2017] : DM: You sank underwater, but managed to recover.
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:09 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:13 2017] : DM: Eadfrid manages to swim out to the island.
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:17 2017] : DM: Fortitude save please.
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:22 2017] : Eadfrid: Fortitude: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Aug 9 21:58:33 2017] : DM: Eadfrid doesn't catch Weil's Disease.
[Wed Aug 9 21:59:05 2017] : DM: You can see the palisade. It's about 8' high, but the tops of the stakes are sharpened, so climbing over would not be a pleasant experience.
[Wed Aug 9 21:59:12 2017] : Eadfrid: Securing the rope and keeping an eye out on the compound.
[Wed Aug 9 21:59:14 2017] : DM: Are you near the gate or at the other end?
[Wed Aug 9 21:59:21 2017] : DM: or at the side?
[Wed Aug 9 21:59:33 2017] : Eadfrid: The side if the gate can be reach from there
[Wed Aug 9 22:00:13 2017] : DM: Yes, it can.
[Wed Aug 9 22:00:13 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Weils disease takes a couple of days to onset, but it's one of those diseases that has it all ;-)
[Wed Aug 9 22:00:17 2017] : DM: ooc map is there, but it's up from where you're probably looking.
[Wed Aug 9 22:01:06 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc recenter the map button is handy
[Wed Aug 9 22:01:14 2017] : DM: ooc oh yes.
[Wed Aug 9 22:01:36 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(1) + 0 + 1] = 2
[Wed Aug 9 22:01:36 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(12) + 0 + 1] = 13
[Wed Aug 9 22:01:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Near the gate, just around the corner.
[Wed Aug 9 22:02:14 2017] : DM: OK. Eadfrid manages to attach the rope to the palisade.
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:02 2017] : DM: Cuichelm and Adwulf: are you crossing too?
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:18 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf hauls himself across
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes, using the rope
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:45 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc check required?
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:47 2017] : DM: OK. You're next to the gate.
[Wed Aug 9 22:03:54 2017] : DM: ooc Swim, DC 0.
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:00 2017] : Cuichelm: Swim: [1d20(11) + -2] = 9
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:02 2017] : Cuichelm: Swim: [1d20(14) + -2] = 12
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:12 2017] : Adwulf: "Here's your armour"
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:19 2017] : Adwulf: Swim: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:20 2017] : Adwulf: Swim: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc needs rolling for me ;-)
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:51 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 9 22:04:56 2017] : DM: You get there fine
[Wed Aug 9 22:05:05 2017] : DM: What's the plan?
[Wed Aug 9 22:05:16 2017] : Eadfrid: "Kick the gate in and charge?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:05:45 2017] : Lizardfolk: Perception: [1d20(1) + 0 + 1] = 2
[Wed Aug 9 22:05:46 2017] : Lizardfolk: Perception: [1d20(3) + 0 + 1] = 4
[Wed Aug 9 22:05:55 2017] : Lizardfolk: ooc these guys can't roll!
[Wed Aug 9 22:06:44 2017] : Cuichelm: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 4 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 15
[Wed Aug 9 22:07:58 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc no one has a better plan?
[Wed Aug 9 22:08:10 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc not really
[Wed Aug 9 22:08:34 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I hadn't planned spells beyond basic stuff
[Wed Aug 9 22:08:35 2017] : Lizardfolk: ooc could talk to them...
[Wed Aug 9 22:08:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc though I do have some new tactics
[Wed Aug 9 22:08:58 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf listens for more screams
[Wed Aug 9 22:09:19 2017] : Eadfrid: "Or maybe we should knock first?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:09:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you want me to make you bigger?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:09:56 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes."
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:02 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's a tactic that may intimidate them, even if we don't fight"
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 17 fort save to resist).
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid bangs on the gate.
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:44 2017] : Adwulf: "I'll talk"
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:50 2017] : Lizardfolk: Eadfrid's (enlarged) head pokes up above the parapet. He can see a collection of low mounds and, more importantly, the two lizardfold guards just inside the gate can see him.
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:54 2017] : Adwulf: "You be ready to hit if required"
[Wed Aug 9 22:10:58 2017] : Lizardfolk: "Who iss it?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:11:18 2017] : Adwulf: "We are searching for a lost child"
[Wed Aug 9 22:11:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid waits for Adwulf to do the talking
[Wed Aug 9 22:11:19 2017] : Lizardfolk: The lizardfolk's voice is scratchy and hissing, and it's quite hard to understand
[Wed Aug 9 22:11:33 2017] : Lizardfolk: "Who loses child?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can translate their tongue if needed"
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:11 2017] : Adwulf: "Shhh"
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "Probably better than they speak common"
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:36 2017] : Adwulf: *whispers*I can spaek it, but dont want them to know just in case"
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:45 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm shrugs
[Wed Aug 9 22:12:51 2017] : Adwulf: "He wandered away from town"
[Wed Aug 9 22:13:20 2017] : Adwulf: "We were told he might be here"
[Wed Aug 9 22:13:33 2017] : Lizardfolk: ooc Diplomacy check please.
[Wed Aug 9 22:13:37 2017] : Adwulf: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Aug 9 22:14:08 2017] : Lizardfolk: "What child? Giant human child who sspeakss from belly?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:15:44 2017] : Adwulf: "He is small with curly yellow hair"
[Wed Aug 9 22:16:08 2017] : Lizardfolk: "You... no. Too dangerous. Go."
[Wed Aug 9 22:16:27 2017] : Adwulf: "We are not dangerous.
[Wed Aug 9 22:16:44 2017] : Lizardfolk: "Too dangerouss to you."
[Wed Aug 9 22:16:47 2017] : Adwulf: "If you open the gate you will see how small I am"
[Wed Aug 9 22:16:59 2017] : Adwulf: "Who is dangerous?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:17:37 2017] : Lizardfolk: "Chief has your child. Go now. Too late for child."
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:11 2017] : Adwulf: "If the child is in danger we will come for him"
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:11 2017] : Cuichelm: cuichelm whispers
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:12 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc can I see what's going on inside?
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:17 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 2: "Shh! Not tell!"
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:29 2017] : DM: ooc Yes, you can. There's not much going on right now.
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:35 2017] : DM: Not other lizardfolk outside.
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "Tell him that there is a new town, the boy is from there"
[Wed Aug 9 22:18:59 2017] : Adwulf: "There is a new town, to the East. The boy is from there"
[Wed Aug 9 22:19:06 2017] : Cuichelm: "If he does not return, then there will be problems"
[Wed Aug 9 22:19:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "If he does, we can start to trade, be peaceful"
[Wed Aug 9 22:19:35 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "Chief not caress about your townss."
[Wed Aug 9 22:19:38 2017] : Adwulf: "The townsfolk will come for him if he does not return"
[Wed Aug 9 22:19:47 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "Lizardfolk not need trades."
[Wed Aug 9 22:20:01 2017] : Adwulf: "He will care if hundreds come seeking revenge"
[Wed Aug 9 22:20:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "And we have oysters, pearls, fish caught with nets"
[Wed Aug 9 22:20:40 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "What iss hundredsss?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:02 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: ooc someone make a skill check please. Bluff for Cuichelm, Intimidate for Adwulf.
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:16 2017] : Adwulf: *In Draconic* "Hundreds"
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:20 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm whispering to Adwulf
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:21 2017] : Adwulf: Intimidate: [1d20(16) + 7] = 23
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:35 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: The lizardfolk look at each other, worried.
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid glowers over the wall (assist).
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Intimidate: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Aug 9 22:21:58 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "Quick. Quiet. Inside. Child at back corner, near spirit hut."
[Wed Aug 9 22:22:00 2017] : Adwulf: *In Draconic* "And they know how to fight"
[Wed Aug 9 22:22:14 2017] : DM: The guards unlock the gate, and you're inside...
[Wed Aug 9 22:22:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm walks in
[Wed Aug 9 22:22:54 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf walks in
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:00 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm says in Draconic...
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:01 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid follows
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:03 2017] : Adwulf: *In Draconic* "Where"
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:22 2017] : Cuichelm: "You don't want to trade, but you don't know the benefits"
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "We can both thrive."
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:45 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "No talking. Quiet. There. Near hut. Take and go."
[Wed Aug 9 22:23:49 2017] : Adwulf: *Common* I should be quieter on my own.
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:00 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: The guard is whispering and looking terrified.
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "Why did you keep the boy?"
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:21 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf runs over to Tig and whispers...
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:49 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf quietly runs over to Tig and whispers...
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:53 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 1: "Meat is meat."
[Wed Aug 9 22:24:55 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 12] = 29
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:04 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 2: "But scaring is not good."
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:11 2017] : Lizardfolk Guard 2: "Eat fast. Better flavour."
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "Speaking people are not food"
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:30 2017] : DM: As Eadfrid unties the boy...
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:35 2017] : Adwulf: "Come with me if you want to live"
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "Learn fast... hundreds of fighters"
[Wed Aug 9 22:25:46 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 9 22:26:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc excellent reflective reference
[Wed Aug 9 22:26:34 2017] : Adwulf: ooc :)
[Wed Aug 9 22:26:43 2017] : DM: A lizardfolk pokes its head out of one of the huts, and shouts at the guards.
[Wed Aug 9 22:27:07 2017] : DM: In Draconic "What are you doing? No outsiders! To arms!"
[Wed Aug 9 22:27:11 2017] : DM: GAME END