Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 2 19:55:32 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 2 19:55:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc We had a good day for it Henry
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:02 2017] : DM: You had returned to Lakeside after being almost killed by a group of four trolls.
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:04 2017] : DM: The winter starts slowly, a few winds blowing in from the hills to the north and east. Within a month, however, Lakeside is besieged by continuous strong winds, first driving rain and then snow into any accessible space.
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:15 2017] : DM: The snow piles up around the buildings, drifting where it can, and turning fences into snow-covered walls. Outdoors work is cold, and necessarily brief; Eadfrid finds himself lucky to have started training the militia before the worst of the weather arrives.
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:32 2017] : DM: As the snow continues, training almost grinds to a halt, but the impetus is there, and each day sees a few brave souls drilling with their spears and bows.
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:40 2017] : DM: Cuichelm has taken the approach of staying indoors much more, starting off by enchanting a few items. He has to scrounge hard to find the necessary reagents, for Lakeside is not yet a great city, but he finds enough of the necessary components to carry on with his work.
[Wed Aug 2 19:56:48 2017] : DM: Alhandra works with him, her magic - though different from his own - filling in the gaps where he needs them, and making the project a bit easier. Adwulf, after taking one look at the books and lab equipment, mutters something about getting some fresh air, and is soon co-opted to help train the crossbowmen.
[Wed Aug 2 19:57:02 2017] : DM: The snowstorm passes after a couple of weeks, leaving the ground covered and the air cold, but the wind has died down. Eadfrid's plan picks up again, delayed a bit, but the shouts of squad commanders and the sound of crossbow bolts hitting targets echo across the town.
[Wed Aug 2 19:57:09 2017] : DM: Cuichelm begins designing a bridge, testing his ideas, including how to assemble the bridge on-site: it is much harder than building a wall, given the need to build across a river, not just along flat and solid ground. There is a small diversion, as Cuichelm leads a group to search for suitable timber; a site is identified nearby, and logging will start in the spring.
[Wed Aug 2 19:57:17 2017] : DM: Alhandra, meanwhile, works with Jhod to maintain the shrine, gradually cleaning the old fort and turning it from a rough, half-ruined shelter into a solid building with clean plastered walls. The wind still gets in through the gaps, but Jhod seems to accept that happily: after all, Erastil is a god of the wilderness, and the wind is part of nature.
[Wed Aug 2 19:57:29 2017] : DM: Springtime comes, crops are sown, and people begin their normal lives again. Soon, the little town is emptier, farmers heading out to the fields and foresters to the woodlands. The time has come to set out again...
[Wed Aug 2 19:58:57 2017] : DM: ooc "Holy prepared text, Batman!"
[Wed Aug 2 19:59:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 2 19:59:22 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Did you guys decide what item(s) you wanted me to craft?
[Wed Aug 2 19:59:41 2017] : Adwulf: ooc ah, tbh I've not thought about it at all
[Wed Aug 2 20:00:15 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc nope...
[Wed Aug 2 20:01:17 2017] : DM: ooc that's your homework then :-)
[Wed Aug 2 20:01:36 2017] : DM: ooc free magical items and you don't select them? Munchkin cards revoked! ;-)
[Wed Aug 2 20:01:46 2017] : Cuichelm:

I will also craft one of the following: belt of con, dex or strength +2; amulet of natural armour +1 *AND* cloak of resistance +1; cloak of resistance +2  - for Eadfrid and Adwulf (your choice, cost 2000 gp per item, except the amulet + cloak at 1500 gp).

[Wed Aug 2 20:02:05 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc erm
[Wed Aug 2 20:02:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I may have altered the chat window inadvertently there
[Wed Aug 2 20:02:53 2017] : DM: ooc nope - not too bad
[Wed Aug 2 20:03:24 2017] : DM: So, it's time to start exploring. If you want to identify logging sites, heading into the forest would be a good start.
[Wed Aug 2 20:03:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc money from our loot stash
[Wed Aug 2 20:04:16 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm assuming that we need several to supply the growth of the town
[Wed Aug 2 20:04:40 2017] : DM: ooc long-term, yes. Remember that each hex is around a hundred square miles.
[Wed Aug 2 20:06:16 2017] : Eadfrid: "West into the forest?"
[Wed Aug 2 20:06:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think that would be a good plan"
[Wed Aug 2 20:06:38 2017] : Adwulf: "Agreed"
[Wed Aug 2 20:07:05 2017] : Jhod: "Here, let me give you this blessing. It will last only a short while, but... it is better than nothing."
[Wed Aug 2 20:07:23 2017] : Jhod: Jhod gives each of you a Potion of Barkskin
[Wed Aug 2 20:07:35 2017] : Jhod: "I have had a long winter, like you."
[Wed Aug 2 20:09:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Thank you. I'm sure we'll put them to good use."
[Wed Aug 2 20:10:30 2017] : Jhod: As you set off to the west, the forest seems lighter now. The spring leaves are only just starting, giving the place a green canopy.
[Wed Aug 2 20:11:09 2017] : Eadfrid: What type of trees are they?
[Wed Aug 2 20:11:49 2017] : Jhod: Here, they are predominantly deciduous trees - Knowledge: Nature to identify them further (or Profession: Engineer to know a bit about which ones would be good for timber)
[Wed Aug 2 20:12:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(2) + 13] = 15
[Wed Aug 2 20:12:07 2017] : DM: ooc also, Knowledge: Nature to bribe the DM to make up more detail ;-)
[Wed Aug 2 20:12:33 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Aug 2 20:12:43 2017] : DM: Cuichelm recognises that some of the trees are quite slow-growing.
[Wed Aug 2 20:13:03 2017] : DM: They're good for very hard timber - much harder to work with, but can be quite long-lasting.
[Wed Aug 2 20:14:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "These would probably make good timbers for stronger structures"
[Wed Aug 2 20:14:15 2017] : Eadfrid: "Like bridges?"
[Wed Aug 2 20:14:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "Though they would also be good for extending the stockade"
[Wed Aug 2 20:14:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes, especially where minimal shaping is needed"
[Wed Aug 2 20:14:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "Their hardness makes them harder to deal with"
[Wed Aug 2 20:15:06 2017] : DM: ooc where's a druid when you need one?
[Wed Aug 2 20:15:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "But also things like the beams in roofs"
[Wed Aug 2 20:15:39 2017] : Adwulf: "Make a note of the place. We can send people back to check it later"
[Wed Aug 2 20:16:00 2017] : Adwulf: "Bound to be someone in the town who knows this stuff better than us"
[Wed Aug 2 20:16:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "We probably need some softer woods for more intricate work"
[Wed Aug 2 20:16:48 2017] : DM: Are you scouting around to identify particularly good areas to work, or just following the river?
[Wed Aug 2 20:17:37 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc may as well take a look around
[Wed Aug 2 20:17:51 2017] : DM: OK
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:00 2017] : DM: I'll need perception checks, please (2 each)
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:09 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm hands his potion of Barkskin to Eadfrid...
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:12 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(9) + 13] = 22
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:18 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(1) + 9] = 10
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:36 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't think that I'll need this. I don't intend to be in close combat"
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:43 2017] : DM: Adwulf puts his helm on backwards
[Wed Aug 2 20:18:58 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(5) + 13] = 18
[Wed Aug 2 20:19:14 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I swear, Adwulf rolls like a Flavourless Soul Sucker!
[Wed Aug 2 20:19:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm spots some trees, growing on the side of a hill, that look faster-growing: they are not too tall, quite slim, and they seem to shake in the slight breeze.
[Wed Aug 2 20:19:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 13] = 25
[Wed Aug 2 20:20:44 2017] : DM: These are aspens, and they're very useful for temporary or semi-permanent structures.
[Wed Aug 2 20:20:59 2017] : DM: Not recommended for something you expect to need in twenty years' time, though.
[Wed Aug 2 20:21:20 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm makes a note
[Wed Aug 2 20:21:39 2017] : DM: As you continue up-river, you start to hear voices. You can't work out exactly what they're saying, but it sounds like a lot of swearing from the tone.
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(7) + 13] = 20
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:12 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(7) + 9] = 16
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:20 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc what language does it sound like?
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:40 2017] : DM: ooc Linguistics roll, please, with a Perception check.
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:45 2017] : Cuichelm: Linguistics: [1d20(10) + 12] = 22
[Wed Aug 2 20:22:50 2017] : Adwulf: Linguistics: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26
[Wed Aug 2 20:23:09 2017] : DM: You suspect it's gnome, given some of the cadences in the speech.
[Wed Aug 2 20:23:13 2017] : DM: They're probably just around the bend in the river.
[Wed Aug 2 20:23:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid rides on towards the voices.
[Wed Aug 2 20:23:51 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf continues also
[Wed Aug 2 20:24:34 2017] : DM: You see a gnome, with a black eye and his helmet askew, standing on a rock by the river. He's jumping up and down and cursing agitatedly.
[Wed Aug 2 20:24:40 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm sticks with the others
[Wed Aug 2 20:24:53 2017] : DM: A group of other gnomes see you, and call out "Help! We're going to lose the wagon!"
[Wed Aug 2 20:25:20 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf looks for a wagon
[Wed Aug 2 20:25:38 2017] : Eadfrid: Eafrid moves closer, briskly, looking to see how he can assist.
[Wed Aug 2 20:25:39 2017] : DM: It's quite obvious which wagon they mean. There's a wagon in the middle of the river, apparently about to be swept downstream, with two half-panicked ponies still harnessed to it.
[Wed Aug 2 20:26:13 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 17 fort save to resist).
[Wed Aug 2 20:26:30 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm makes Eadfrid big
[Wed Aug 2 20:26:54 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid dismounts, grabs a rope from his pack and moves to the wagon.
[Wed Aug 2 20:27:15 2017] : DM: ooc we're in rounds, but in no particular order.
[Wed Aug 2 20:27:16 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Aug 2 20:28:00 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf quickly dismounts and gets a rope from his pack, just in case
[Wed Aug 2 20:28:40 2017] : DM: The ponies continue to struggle. Eadfrid and Adwulf are standing on the bank, a little bit upstream; Cuichelm is hanging back from the river and is still on his horse.
[Wed Aug 2 20:28:44 2017] : DM: Round 2.
[Wed Aug 2 20:29:18 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm rides closer
[Wed Aug 2 20:29:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "You could tie the rope to my horse's pommel?"
[Wed Aug 2 20:29:53 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm dismounts
[Wed Aug 2 20:29:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Aug 2 20:30:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc how quickly is the river moving and how deep does it look?
[Wed Aug 2 20:30:26 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc sorry. I was waiting to be told it was my turn.
[Wed Aug 2 20:30:47 2017] : DM: ooc it's almost shoulder-deep on a pony; probably a bit over waist height for Adwulf or thigh height for Eadrid.
[Wed Aug 2 20:31:12 2017] : DM: ooc sorry David, missed a line last time. Can you make a Strength check please?
[Wed Aug 2 20:31:17 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrd wades into the river towards the wagon.
[Wed Aug 2 20:31:31 2017] : DM: ooc @Adwulf: the river is flowing fast; you can see Eadfrid having to push upstream against it.
[Wed Aug 2 20:31:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Aug 2 20:32:09 2017] : DM: Eadfrid makes it look easy, and reaches the wagon. The ponies are half mad with fear, and you'll probably need to unhitch them before you can achieve much.
[Wed Aug 2 20:33:23 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid secures a rope to the wagon first, keeping hold of the other end.
[Wed Aug 2 20:33:25 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Aug 2 20:33:56 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf cheers from the shore
[Wed Aug 2 20:34:10 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Wed Aug 2 20:34:37 2017] : DM: OK. Round 3.
[Wed Aug 2 20:34:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "What's your plan Eadfrid?"
[Wed Aug 2 20:35:09 2017] : DM: ooc it's a move action to unhitch a pony.
[Wed Aug 2 20:35:24 2017] : Cuichelm: "Will the ponies get out OK if you unhitch them?"
[Wed Aug 2 20:35:28 2017] : DM: The wagon shifts a bit; it seems to be stuck in the mud but is at risk of being floated away.
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:12 2017] : Eadfrid: Unhitch the ponies and let them rescue them selves.
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can summon an elemental to help you hold the cart"
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "Good idea!"
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:49 2017] : DM: Eadfrid unhitches the ponies, one after the other. In their panic, they almost knock him over.
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:51 2017] : Cuichelm: Summon Monster II: Level 2 - Cuichelm begins a Summon spell.
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:55 2017] : DM: Strength check please Eadfrid.
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:58 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Aug 2 20:36:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Aug 2 20:37:50 2017] : DM: Eadfrid stumbles and is about to fall over. Reflex save...
[Wed Aug 2 20:38:22 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Aug 2 20:38:53 2017] : DM: Eadfrid catches himself before he falls. You're staggered for the next round, and can only take a standard action.
[Wed Aug 2 20:39:01 2017] : DM: The ponies flee... [1d2(2)] = 2
[Wed Aug 2 20:39:13 2017] : DM: They come towards you.
[Wed Aug 2 20:39:16 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Aug 2 20:39:35 2017] : DM: ooc towards the shore where everyone's standing, that is.
[Wed Aug 2 20:40:19 2017] : Adwulf: Awulf tries to intercept a pony as it comes ashore
[Wed Aug 2 20:40:32 2017] : DM: Combat Manoeuver check please Adwulf.
[Wed Aug 2 20:40:40 2017] : Adwulf: CMB: BAB + Str: [3 + 2] = 5
[Wed Aug 2 20:40:48 2017] : Adwulf: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 2 20:41:34 2017] : DM: Adwulf grabs the pony and manages to stop it escaping. It's still terrified, but he's got it restrained.
[Wed Aug 2 20:41:46 2017] : DM: Round 4. Eadfrid gets a standard action only this round.
[Wed Aug 2 20:41:49 2017] : Adwulf: ooc gotta run. back in about 10
[Wed Aug 2 20:42:02 2017] : DM: ooc we'll take a 10-minute break then
[Wed Aug 2 20:42:05 2017] : DM: ooc GAME PAUSE
[Wed Aug 2 20:52:48 2017] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Wed Aug 2 20:53:17 2017] : DM: GAME RESUME
[Wed Aug 2 20:53:23 2017] : DM: Round 4. Eadfrid gets a standard action only this round.
[Wed Aug 2 20:53:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Small Mud Elemental: Cuichelm completes his Summon Monster II spell - Augmented Small Mud Elemental (AC 16; HP 17; CMB+5 CMD 14; speed 20, burrow 10, swim 30) lasts for 4 rounds
[Wed Aug 2 20:54:18 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm conjures the elemental downstream and behind the cart to slow it from moving
[Wed Aug 2 20:54:32 2017] : Cuichelm: "Help stop cart from being washed away"
[Wed Aug 2 20:54:33 2017] : Eadfrid: With the ponies out of the way, Eadfrid begins to guide the wagon closer to the bank. Not pulling against the flow, but letting drift closer to the bank.
[Wed Aug 2 20:54:50 2017] : DM: Strength check, please. The elemental can make an Aid Another check.
[Wed Aug 2 20:55:20 2017] : Cuichelm: Str: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Aug 2 20:55:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Aug 2 20:56:39 2017] : DM: Between the two of you, you shift the wagon a bit. Its wheels are bogged down in the mud, which is all that had kept it from being washed downstream earlier.
[Wed Aug 2 20:56:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc The elemental is able to earth glide (10) and swim (30), and presumably picks a strategy to gain traction
[Wed Aug 2 20:57:29 2017] : DM: Eadfrid's enhanced size gives him the extra mass to stabilise the wagon, and it doesn't move downstream much, but equally it's not much closer to the bank. It's going to need more help.
[Wed Aug 2 20:57:31 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Aug 2 20:58:19 2017] : Adwulf: How far away is the cart?
[Wed Aug 2 20:58:35 2017] : DM: It's 30' away from you, midstream.
[Wed Aug 2 20:59:51 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf ties his rope to an arrow and shoots it at the wagon
[Wed Aug 2 20:59:54 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18, Damage: [1d6(5) + 2] = 7 HP.
[Wed Aug 2 21:00:30 2017] : Adwulf: Tie it to the wagon and I'll hitch it to Cuichelms horse
[Wed Aug 2 21:00:37 2017] : Adwulf: "Tie it to the wagon and I'll hitch it to Cuichelms horse"
[Wed Aug 2 21:00:46 2017] : DM: ooc nice
[Wed Aug 2 21:00:58 2017] : DM: ooc overcomes hardness as well, so it actually sticks in
[Wed Aug 2 21:01:05 2017] : DM: Round 5.
[Wed Aug 2 21:02:13 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc where are the ponies?
[Wed Aug 2 21:02:14 2017] : Eadfrid: Trying the same thing again
[Wed Aug 2 21:02:49 2017] : DM: ooc Adwulf just caught-and-released one; the other has fled into the forest.
[Wed Aug 2 21:02:58 2017] : DM: Four of the gnomes have run after them.
[Wed Aug 2 21:03:28 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can make the ground stonier, it may help get traction... but it will probably hurt"
[Wed Aug 2 21:04:06 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes or no?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:04:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "That will make it more stuck I think."
[Wed Aug 2 21:04:55 2017] : Cuichelm: "OK"
[Wed Aug 2 21:05:07 2017] : Eadfrid: "Need something to lift the wagon."
[Wed Aug 2 21:05:26 2017] : Eadfrid: "Or at least lighten it."
[Wed Aug 2 21:05:46 2017] : Adwulf: "Whats in the wagon?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:05:49 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't have anything for that"
[Wed Aug 2 21:05:51 2017] : DM: ooc Cuichelm summons a helium elemental
[Wed Aug 2 21:06:08 2017] : Jubilost: "Don't throw it away! That's our supplies!"
[Wed Aug 2 21:06:11 2017] : Eadfrid: What is the wagon carrying?
[Wed Aug 2 21:06:12 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it floats away before he can speak to it
[Wed Aug 2 21:06:42 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm pulls out a scroll
[Wed Aug 2 21:06:44 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - Cuichelm uses a scroll.
A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; DC 17 fort save to resist)

[Wed Aug 2 21:06:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "Adwulf, you're up"
[Wed Aug 2 21:07:15 2017] : DM: ooc it's carrying a lot of crates, boxes and so on.
[Wed Aug 2 21:07:19 2017] : Adwulf: "Ohhhhh"
[Wed Aug 2 21:07:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "You can unload while Eadfrid holds it"
[Wed Aug 2 21:08:17 2017] : Adwulf: "Godo idea"
[Wed Aug 2 21:08:21 2017] : Adwulf: "Good idea"
[Wed Aug 2 21:08:25 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Aug 2 21:08:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Aug 2 21:08:53 2017] : Eadfrid: Str check to hold the wagon steady
[Wed Aug 2 21:09:16 2017] : DM: Elemental, and Cuichelm's horse, can Aid Another
[Wed Aug 2 21:09:45 2017] : Cuichelm: Str: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Aug 2 21:10:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc that isn't an escaped sequence BTW ;-)
[Wed Aug 2 21:10:35 2017] : Cuichelm: [1d20(17)] = 17
[Wed Aug 2 21:10:46 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc horse, no idea of str
[Wed Aug 2 21:11:26 2017] : DM: Eadfrid gives a mighty heave, and with the elemental's help he breaks the wagon free of the mud. The rope tying it to the horse comes into play as the horse, startled, begins to move, pulling the wagon towards the shore.
[Wed Aug 2 21:11:32 2017] : DM: Adwulf sees the wagon begin to move.
[Wed Aug 2 21:11:47 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf wades out and lends a hand
[Wed Aug 2 21:11:57 2017] : Adwulf: Strength: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed Aug 2 21:11:58 2017] : DM: Strength check please (2 of them)
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:00 2017] : Adwulf: Strength: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:06 2017] : Adwulf: ooc oh ffs
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc +1 to those, and he has 8x mass
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:38 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I think adwulf is second worst rolling char I've ever played
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:46 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 2 21:12:53 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 2 21:13:09 2017] : DM: Adwulf makes it out to the wagon safely, but doesn't manage to help move it to shore very much.
[Wed Aug 2 21:13:18 2017] : DM: Round 5.
[Wed Aug 2 21:13:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Continue to pull the wagon to shore.
[Wed Aug 2 21:13:56 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Aug 2 21:14:26 2017] : DM: Elemental, horse and Adwulf can Aid Another
[Wed Aug 2 21:15:46 2017] : Cuichelm: Str: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Aug 2 21:15:52 2017] : Cuichelm: [1d20(10)] = 10
[Wed Aug 2 21:16:08 2017] : Adwulf: Strength: [1d20(19) + 3] = 22
[Wed Aug 2 21:16:43 2017] : DM: Adwulf heaves at exactly the right moment, and you drag the wagon into the shallows. It's still in the river, but it's on solid ground, and it isn't in danger any more.
[Wed Aug 2 21:17:18 2017] : DM: The gnomes gather round, thanking you cheerfully, while their leader stands on his rock. He's stopped swearing now.
[Wed Aug 2 21:17:22 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm urges the horse to pull
[Wed Aug 2 21:17:44 2017] : DM: ooc we're out of rounds now
[Wed Aug 2 21:17:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "Where are you folks heading? There's not much out here."
[Wed Aug 2 21:18:23 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries to make sure he doesn't stand on any wee gnomes while enlarged
[Wed Aug 2 21:18:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm takes out a parchment and pen and begins scribbling
[Wed Aug 2 21:19:30 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: Despite his somewhat bruised face, the gnome leader stands up straight on his rock and does his best to look Eadfrid in the eye. Eadfrid's extra height really gives him difficulty, though.
[Wed Aug 2 21:20:06 2017] : Cuichelm: "You are merchants?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:20:24 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "We are Explorers. My men should be returning soon with the ponies, and then there is no more danger this time. And if you think there's not much out here, then what are you doing here? And you're clearly very badly informed, because I have it on very good authority that there is an abandoned Dwarven outpost, somewhere of great historic and political interest."
[Wed Aug 2 21:20:43 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Do you extra-large humans not explore? Strange creatures, you are."
[Wed Aug 2 21:20:47 2017] : Adwulf: "Interesting"
[Wed Aug 2 21:20:53 2017] : Eadfrid: "Further to the west?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:21:31 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah, explorers. Then if you don't mind, that will be 160 gp for the wizard services and a similar amount for my friends' valiant efforts."
[Wed Aug 2 21:21:48 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "But allow me to introduce myself. I am Jubilost Narthropple, leader of this merry band, and Explorer Extraordinaire. It was I who mapped the ford to the east, the barrow in the hills, and I have my suspicions there is a village of sneaking kobolds in the hills north of that."
[Wed Aug 2 21:21:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "Those are standard rates. Though we are open to negotiate on payment in kind"
[Wed Aug 2 21:22:35 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "What?! You demand payment? You're not much of a hero, are you, elf? And none of you have names, or those that do lack the manners to give them."
[Wed Aug 2 21:22:58 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Normally I would start serving a feast in gratitude, but it seems that you are rather more mercenary than that."
[Wed Aug 2 21:23:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "I am Eadfrid."
[Wed Aug 2 21:23:26 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: Everything he says is fast and almost breathless, as if his mind works a lot faster than his mouth can keep up with.
[Wed Aug 2 21:23:33 2017] : Adwulf: "Oh, erm, I'm Adwulf"
[Wed Aug 2 21:23:43 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Well, Eadfrid, and Adwulf, it is a pleasure to meet you."
[Wed Aug 2 21:23:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "You prefer we let your goods float away with your ponies? "
[Wed Aug 2 21:24:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "My name is Cuichelm, and I am not mercenary but.."
[Wed Aug 2 21:24:50 2017] : Cuichelm: "We did incur losses"
[Wed Aug 2 21:25:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "As I said, payment can be in kind, such as information"
[Wed Aug 2 21:25:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "If it is of worth"
[Wed Aug 2 21:25:33 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "And Mr Grumpy Elf here, I am grateful to you and your friends. But manners cost nothing, as my grandmother always said, and he without manners will regret it in the end. Mind you, she normally said that just after I ignored her advice not to go exploring somewhere dangerous, but I say it just builds character. Don't you like building character? And what sort of information? You're not stealing my maps!"
[Wed Aug 2 21:26:00 2017] : Adwulf: "Whoa, slow down!"
[Wed Aug 2 21:26:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "humph, that word again... grumpy"
[Wed Aug 2 21:26:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "I merely recognise the value of services"
[Wed Aug 2 21:27:04 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "They have a value, but you're still grumpy about it."
[Wed Aug 2 21:27:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "Why have mapped the region to the east ourselves, so we don't need your maps."
[Wed Aug 2 21:27:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "I used up a scroll"
[Wed Aug 2 21:27:46 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "How about we trade? You show me the interesting things you've found, and I show you where there's interesting things that you don't know about?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:27:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "It costs money to replace"
[Wed Aug 2 21:28:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "I used up spells, we are now less prepared to defend ourselves"
[Wed Aug 2 21:28:26 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Well, normally I'd not even sell my maps, so consider that an offer."
[Wed Aug 2 21:28:46 2017] : Cuichelm: "That is the source of my... grumpiness.. as you call it"
[Wed Aug 2 21:29:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "What is the cost of your maps?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:29:42 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm turns to Adwulf
[Wed Aug 2 21:29:45 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: Diplomacy check please.
[Wed Aug 2 21:30:00 2017] : Cuichelm: and speaks quietly
[Wed Aug 2 21:30:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Aug 2 21:30:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + -2] = 13
[Wed Aug 2 21:30:36 2017] : Cuichelm: "You should probably continue this before I say something that we all regret"
[Wed Aug 2 21:31:25 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Normally... I'd start by charging four thousand, but since you saved my ponies, I'll go half price. And that's against my better judgment, since you don't seem like the friendliest people in the world."
[Wed Aug 2 21:31:33 2017] : Adwulf: "Jubilost, what my friend is trying to say is that we would welcome a trade, as long as the cost of his scroll is included"
[Wed Aug 2 21:32:30 2017] : Adwulf: "Although that is a little steep"
[Wed Aug 2 21:32:41 2017] : Adwulf: "2000gp for a look at your maps?? I dont think so"
[Wed Aug 2 21:33:18 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "He doesn't say it as efficiently as you do, Adwulf. And it's not just a look; it's an opportunity to copy them onto your own maps, and marvel at my superior cartography."
[Wed Aug 2 21:34:02 2017] : Eadfrid: "How about a map trade?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:34:36 2017] : Adwulf: "I'm sure they wont be as beautiful as yours but they are accurate"
[Wed Aug 2 21:34:49 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "One landmark for one? Hmm. You show me one first."
[Wed Aug 2 21:35:33 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: ooc Jubilost is particularly interested in hidden sites, and after a while he has made some annotations on your map.
[Wed Aug 2 21:36:44 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: ooc map should be updated now. There's 5 locations marked in red.
[Wed Aug 2 21:36:50 2017] : Adwulf: "Hmm, very interesting"
[Wed Aug 2 21:37:17 2017] : Eadfrid: "The abandoned keep is dwarfen?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:38:08 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "No, I don't think so. Too much of it above ground, and the stonework is not as good. My guess is that it dates to the last attempt by humans to settle these lands, or the one before that. Probably a century ago, not much more, given the relatively sound structure."
[Wed Aug 2 21:38:33 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "I haven't found any of the dwarven structures yet, sadly."
[Wed Aug 2 21:39:04 2017] : Adwulf: "Likely underground or in the mountains"
[Wed Aug 2 21:39:51 2017] : Eadfrid: (to the others) "Perhaps we should investigate this lizard king's lair. It's not very far from the town."
[Wed Aug 2 21:40:06 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "Yes, which is part of what makes this one so interesting. The real mountains are away to the east, of course, but they're notoriously dangerous, and the centaurs there do not take kindly to intrusions."
[Wed Aug 2 21:40:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "Centaurs?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:41:58 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "The Nomen Heights, they're called, and beyond the almost impassable ridge, it's the high plain where the centaur tribes live. There used to be a cyclops empire up there, but that was around the time of Old Thassilon, before Earthfall, and the Darkness - thousands of years ago."
[Wed Aug 2 21:42:17 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge History: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Aug 2 21:42:20 2017] : Jubilost Narthropple: "They keep to themselves, and won't bother you if you don't cross the ridge."
[Wed Aug 2 21:42:30 2017] : DM: ooc what is Cuichelm trying to recall?
[Wed Aug 2 21:42:50 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets not cross the ridge then"
[Wed Aug 2 21:42:52 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Earthfal, Old Thassilon, **The Darkness**
[Wed Aug 2 21:43:25 2017] : DM: ooc Old Thassilon was a continent-spanning empire, famously rich and powerful, that was destroyed by the decadence of their own wizard-kings.
[Wed Aug 2 21:43:58 2017] : DM: Earthfall is the name given to the cataclysmic event in which of a swarm of meteoroids impacted Golarion in -5293 AR.1 It resulted in the destruction of the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant, which were consumed by earthquakes and massive tidal waves, and the creation of the Inner Sea.
[Wed Aug 2 21:44:26 2017] : DM: the Age of Darkness was a long period after Earthfall, when dust clouds blotted out the sun.
[Wed Aug 2 21:44:46 2017] : DM: ooc Earthfall was almost exactly 10,000 years ago
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc OK, presumably Golarian caonon histoty
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:07 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc history
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc canon... grrr (wine)
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:29 2017] : DM: ooc yep
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:37 2017] : DM: ooc /me did the research ;-)
[Wed Aug 2 21:45:54 2017] : Adwulf: ooc have a cookie
[Wed Aug 2 21:46:11 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 2 21:46:16 2017] : Jubilost: "So, does that repay our debt? I am indeed grateful, despite Mr Grumpy Elf's lack of manners or a name."
[Wed Aug 2 21:46:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "My name is Cuichelm"
[Wed Aug 2 21:47:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "As you looked at our maps, you will have seen that we have created a new settlement to the East"
[Wed Aug 2 21:47:51 2017] : Jubilost: "Yes, I saw that."
[Wed Aug 2 21:48:01 2017] : Jubilost: "Is it an interesting place?"
[Wed Aug 2 21:48:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "You are welcome to trade, or visit our inn"
[Wed Aug 2 21:48:15 2017] : Cuichelm: "It is still small, but growing"
[Wed Aug 2 21:48:29 2017] : Eadfrid: "It was only founded last year."
[Wed Aug 2 21:48:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "And, of course, we are sometimes there"
[Wed Aug 2 21:49:00 2017] : Adwulf: "I think some trade would be welcome, and dont forget about Oleg tradepost to the north"
[Wed Aug 2 21:49:21 2017] : Cuichelm: "Whether you find us interesting is your judgement"
[Wed Aug 2 21:50:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "There is also a temple and a cleric permanently there, should you need those services"
[Wed Aug 2 21:50:19 2017] : Jubilost: "Well, if we find this outpost, we shall tell you that it is discovered, or perhaps you can read it in the journals of the University of Issia. Assuming scholarly publications reach your little establishment, of course."
[Wed Aug 2 21:50:41 2017] : Jubilost: "We do not often need a temple, but if we are in the area, we shall visit."
[Wed Aug 2 21:51:01 2017] : Jubilost: "If there is nothing else? Then I shall bit you all a very good afternoon, and thank you once more."
[Wed Aug 2 21:51:39 2017] : Adwulf: "Good luck, and be careful"
[Wed Aug 2 21:52:10 2017] : Jubilost: "The same to you!"
[Wed Aug 2 21:52:49 2017] : Cuichelm: "Fare you well, and better"
[Wed Aug 2 21:53:35 2017] : Eadfrid: "Safe travels."
[Wed Aug 2 21:53:53 2017] : DM: The gnomes gather up their goods, reload their wagon, and head off.
[Wed Aug 2 21:54:19 2017] : DM: ooc 600xp each for saving the wagon.
[Wed Aug 2 21:54:22 2017] : DM: GAME END