Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jun 28 19:42:50 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jun 28 19:42:51 2017] : Adwulf: damn it!
[Wed Jun 28 19:43:21 2017] : DM: You fought, and narrowly defeated, the kobold shaman.
[Wed Jun 28 19:43:56 2017] : DM: Mikmek, the kobold you rescued from the mites, ran off to fetch the chieftain.
[Wed Jun 28 19:44:15 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "You did it! Defeated terrible shaman!"
[Wed Jun 28 19:44:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "If he was so terrible, why didn't you deal with him before?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:45:22 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Old Sharptooth curses bad kobolds. Turning on shaman would make us bad kobolds."
[Wed Jun 28 19:45:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "Not if he was dead"
[Wed Jun 28 19:45:41 2017] : Adwulf: "So you let us nearly die to do your dirty work?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:46:11 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Not dirty work! Very clean job."
[Wed Jun 28 19:46:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm not sure you comprehend how the mind of a Kobold works Adwulf"
[Wed Jun 28 19:46:47 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Can... Chief Sootscale have Old Sharptooth now? Then kobolds will not be cursed."
[Wed Jun 28 19:46:59 2017] : Adwulf: "Mind? Pah!"
[Wed Jun 28 19:47:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't think that there would be any remorse either way"
[Wed Jun 28 19:48:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shaman has it"
[Wed Jun 28 19:48:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "Apparently he didn't like us touching it"
[Wed Jun 28 19:48:53 2017] : Chief Sootscale: Chief Sootscale goes to find the statue
[Wed Jun 28 19:49:11 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Old Sharptooth is sacred statue. Shaman Tartuk brought it."
[Wed Jun 28 19:49:42 2017] : Chief Sootscale: The kobold chief very seriously holds the little statue up above his head, looking at it solemnly: then he smashes it on the floor
[Wed Jun 28 19:49:54 2017] : DM: The kobolds gasp in shock.
[Wed Jun 28 19:50:22 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "See? Not dead. Not cursed! Old Sharptooth a lie."
[Wed Jun 28 19:51:31 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Jun 28 19:52:17 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Heroes can take old shaman's stuff."
[Wed Jun 28 19:52:23 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Kobolds do not want it."
[Wed Jun 28 19:52:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid moves to rifle through the stuff.
[Wed Jun 28 19:53:04 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah, well we may be able to find use for it"
[Wed Jun 28 19:53:14 2017] : Adwulf: "I'm still too weak to carry any of it"
[Wed Jun 28 19:53:17 2017] : Cuichelm: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed Jun 28 19:53:30 2017] : DM: There's a huge amount of stuff.
[Wed Jun 28 19:54:00 2017] : DM: There's a lot of worthless shiny objects, the sort of thing that only kobolds would value, but there's also some coin.
[Wed Jun 28 19:54:33 2017] : DM: 7,420 cp, 2,132 sp, 302 gp, a masterwork light metal shield, seven +1 flaming arrows, a pair of boots of elvenkind, and a book.
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:02 2017] : Adwulf: "Who has that healing wand?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:04 2017] : DM: Inside the book, there's a magical scroll.
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:13 2017] : Alhandra: "You mean this one?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:21 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc flaming arrows ;-) Did you add those or was the author a fan of BG?
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:28 2017] : Cuichelm: Read Magic: Level 0 - Can decipher magical inscriptions on objects for 40 minutes
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:37 2017] : DM: ooc I converted them from crossbow bolts :)
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:48 2017] : Adwulf: "Yes, Alhandra. Can you wave it about a bit please?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:55:56 2017] : Alhandra: "Certainly!"
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:06 2017] : Cuichelm: "Maybe use your healing aua?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:07 2017] : DM: While I remember, please roll a Fort save, Adwulf.
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc aura
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm also injured"
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:28 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:32 2017] : Cuichelm: HP Status 9 out of 24.
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:40 2017] : DM: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [2d6(3,5)] = 8 HP healing.
[Wed Jun 28 19:56:47 2017] : Cuichelm: Healing: Regain 8 HP. [Wed Jun 28 19:56:47 2017] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 8 HP. [Wed Jun 28 19:57:04 2017] : DM: Nothing bad happens to Adwulf.
[Wed Jun 28 19:57:17 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'm still down STR and CON from the big tick
[Wed Jun 28 19:57:17 2017] : DM: The scroll is a scroll of Fly.
[Wed Jun 28 19:57:29 2017] : DM: Lesser restoration: Level 2 - Lesser restoration dispels any magical effects reducing one of the subject's ability scores or cures [1d4(1)] = 1 points of temporary ability damage to one of the subject's ability scores..
[Wed Jun 28 19:57:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't have this spell"
[Wed Jun 28 19:57:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "I could put it into my spellbook later"
[Wed Jun 28 19:58:04 2017] : DM: Anyone reading the book?
[Wed Jun 28 19:58:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "What's the book?"
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:10 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "That is Shaman Tartuk's book. In mystical shaman language. Kobolds scared of it."
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "Let me take a look"
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:16 2017] : Cuichelm: Linguistics: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:24 2017] : DM: It's in Undercommon - do you speak it fluently?
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:28 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc no
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:31 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:45 2017] : DM: Cuichelm deciphers most of the text. It turns out to be a diary...
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:50 2017] : DM: ooc exposition time!
[Wed Jun 28 19:59:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "I may need some time to decipher this later"
[Wed Jun 28 20:00:21 2017] : DM: ooc I can tell you now - it makes the plot flow more cleanly.
[Wed Jun 28 20:00:49 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: The first entry:
[Wed Jun 28 20:00:50 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: Abomination! Cursed! Why this had to happen, when I was a perfectly respectable gnome, is beyond me. Bloody ogres. Bloody scroll.
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:02 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: Didn't even bloody mean to save the village; I was trying to surrender but got squashed by ogres instead. Village survived, lucky them, saved up for reincarnation spell - and then this. Kobold.
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:06 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: ====
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:15 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: What now? Left village, can't stand looks. Hate kobolds.
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:16 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: ====
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:28 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: Punish kobolds for it. Join tribe. Magic makes me a better shaman than any of them. This will work.
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:32 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: ====
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:40 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: Here's a better idea. These easily led fools can do my job for me. The village will pay. I take my tribe into battle.
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:42 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: ====
[Wed Jun 28 20:01:52 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: They all died. Need a new tribe. Village all dead as well; a good day.
[Wed Jun 28 20:02:07 2017] : Tartuk's Diary: ====
[Wed Jun 28 20:02:12 2017] : DM: There are some more entries in this vein, giving a clear view of Tartuk as a warped ex-gnome, who has made a habit of taking over and destroying kobold tribes, and murdering the occasional unwary gnome. He has a scroll tucked into the back of the journal; his notes indicate that he intends to use it to commit suicide when he is bored of life: fly up as high as he can, then fall to his death.
[Wed Jun 28 20:03:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm not clear on this"
[Wed Jun 28 20:03:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "As I say, I may need some time to decipher this later"
[Wed Jun 28 20:03:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc discretion at present
[Wed Jun 28 20:03:43 2017] : DM: ooc :)
[Wed Jun 28 20:04:24 2017] : Adwulf: "Take your time. I may be able to help"
[Wed Jun 28 20:05:15 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Heroes want any of the stuff? Then trade with Sootscales, not fight them. Heroes too strong for Sootscales, and too good."
[Wed Jun 28 20:05:46 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Sootscales grateful forever!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:06:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes, we'll take the coins and the magic stuff. And the book."
[Wed Jun 28 20:06:18 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets get out of here"
[Wed Jun 28 20:06:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "OK, let's go"
[Wed Jun 28 20:06:59 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Sootscales keep the rest? Heroes are generous as well as good!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:07:22 2017] : Eadfrid: "Keep that in mind when others from out tribe come to trade."
[Wed Jun 28 20:07:53 2017] : Chief Sootscale: "Sootscales trade good with humans. Trade very good."
[Wed Jun 28 20:08:33 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf sighs, rolls his eyes and heads for the exit
[Wed Jun 28 20:08:38 2017] : DM: To a chorus of grateful goodbyes, you set off from the kobold lair.
[Wed Jun 28 20:08:38 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid gathers up the stuff and heads off
[Wed Jun 28 20:08:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "Say not humans, but the folks from the lands outside the cave"
[Wed Jun 28 20:09:07 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm follows"
[Wed Jun 28 20:09:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "These boots help to improve acrobatic ability"
[Wed Jun 28 20:09:32 2017] : DM: The kobolds follow you out to the exit, carefully reminding you where the (very obvious) pit traps are.
[Wed Jun 28 20:09:39 2017] : DM: They stand and watch you ride away.
[Wed Jun 28 20:09:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "They may prove useful to one of you"
[Wed Jun 28 20:10:18 2017] : Adwulf: "They might be handy"
[Wed Jun 28 20:10:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "I don't think boots are enough to improve my acrobatics!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:11:10 2017] : DM: ooc I'll let you split up the loot later.
[Wed Jun 28 20:11:15 2017] : Adwulf: "Ha! Sure I'll take them then"
[Wed Jun 28 20:11:17 2017] : DM: ooc I've made a note.
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:05 2017] : DM: You head back to town, taking the time to camp overnight.
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:12 2017] : DM: A Fort save, please Adwulf.
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:18 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:30 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should probably get these ashes to where they need to go"
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:59 2017] : DM: Adwulf takes [1d6(1)] = 1 Strength damage from the disease he caught from the tick.
[Wed Jun 28 20:12:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc or go and get them and bring them back??
[Wed Jun 28 20:13:11 2017] : DM: ooc go and fetch them.
[Wed Jun 28 20:13:14 2017] : DM: Lesser restoration: Level 2 - Lesser restoration dispels any magical effects reducing one of the subject's ability scores or cures [1d4(4)] = 4 points of temporary ability damage to one of the subject's ability scores..
[Wed Jun 28 20:13:15 2017] : DM: Lesser restoration: Level 2 - Lesser restoration dispels any magical effects reducing one of the subject's ability scores or cures [1d4(4)] = 4 points of temporary ability damage to one of the subject's ability scores..
[Wed Jun 28 20:13:42 2017] : DM: Alhandra manages to cure Adwulf's weakness, combined with the rest, and after a few days in town he's back to normal.
[Wed Jun 28 20:14:18 2017] : Eadfrid: How's the settlement doing? Any significant developments in the past few days?
[Wed Jun 28 20:14:19 2017] : DM: ooc I'm assigning you bed rest for a week, with full-time care from Alhandra while Cuichelm does the translation.
[Wed Jun 28 20:14:36 2017] : Adwulf: ooc ok mum :)
[Wed Jun 28 20:14:49 2017] : DM: The settlement is definitely reaching the size where calling it a village is reasonable.
[Wed Jun 28 20:15:16 2017] : DM: There's something like a street across the middle, and a bit of an open square in the centre of the village.
[Wed Jun 28 20:15:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc how long did we have to get the ashes back?
[Wed Jun 28 20:15:39 2017] : DM: A larger-than-usual building on the square is being built, and looks like it might be an inn in future.
[Wed Jun 28 20:15:44 2017] : DM: ooc 1 month - you've used a week.
[Wed Jun 28 20:16:47 2017] : DM: Nothing much has happened, if by happened you mean "drastically gone wrong or needed heroic intervention".
[Wed Jun 28 20:17:01 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf is finally allowed out of bed
[Wed Jun 28 20:17:49 2017] : Akiros: "Feeling better, Adwulf?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:18:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Much!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:18:23 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16
[Wed Jun 28 20:18:41 2017] : Adwulf: "This place is coming along well. I didn't get to see much of when we arrived"
[Wed Jun 28 20:19:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "Looking forward to the inn opening!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:19:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'll have to try this spell again next week"
[Wed Jun 28 20:19:17 2017] : Adwulf: "Is that what its going to be?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:19:42 2017] : Akiros: "Yes, that it will. It seems more useful than a town hall, for now."
[Wed Jun 28 20:19:53 2017] : Akiros: "We may need a town hall in a few years' time, but not yet."
[Wed Jun 28 20:20:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "Somewhere for traders bringing supplies to rest and refresh."
[Wed Jun 28 20:20:04 2017] : Akiros: "Will you be staying in town long this time?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:20:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should probably see if there's anything that they need us to do, or help with, then get the ashes back to the river crossing"
[Wed Jun 28 20:20:42 2017] : Akiros: "We don't have anything urgent. More hands are always welcome, though."
[Wed Jun 28 20:20:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "We do have to quiet a restless spirit but it's not too pressing. Are there any tasks that require our attention."
[Wed Jun 28 20:21:18 2017] : Akiros: "We have heard about the haunt at the river. I think that is the most urgent."
[Wed Jun 28 20:21:29 2017] : Adwulf: "No time like the present"
[Wed Jun 28 20:21:38 2017] : Akiros: "A hunter mentioned seeing trolls, far to the south, but we managed to keep it quiet enough not to alarm the folk."
[Wed Jun 28 20:22:19 2017] : Akiros: "Jhod and I - we are mostly managing this place, between us, but I don't know how well we'd do in a crisis."
[Wed Jun 28 20:22:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "We haven't gone too far that way yet"
[Wed Jun 28 20:22:59 2017] : Akiros: "If you find anything, it would be good to know.
[Wed Jun 28 20:23:31 2017] : Cuichelm: "We did find a solitatary troll to the North a few weeks ago"
[Wed Jun 28 20:23:46 2017] : Adwulf: "or rather, it found us!"
[Wed Jun 28 20:23:51 2017] : Akiros: "To the North as well? This is alarming."
[Wed Jun 28 20:24:27 2017] : DM: ooc the dotted border is the settled area
[Wed Jun 28 20:24:42 2017] : Eadfrid: "There were no signs of any more trolls to the north."
[Wed Jun 28 20:25:06 2017] : Cuichelm: "We've also cleared out a mite lair, come to peaceful terms with some cave dwelling Kobolds North of the river and destroyed a wight to the South of itt"
[Wed Jun 28 20:25:23 2017] : Akiros: "A busy few weeks, then."
[Wed Jun 28 20:25:44 2017] : Akiros: "These rivers will, if we need them to, make the place easier to defend."
[Wed Jun 28 20:26:18 2017] : Eadfrid: "The kobold might be willing to trade baubles for silver from their mine."
[Wed Jun 28 20:26:38 2017] : Adwulf: "Oh, good idea"
[Wed Jun 28 20:26:44 2017] : Adwulf: "Wee nutters"
[Wed Jun 28 20:27:14 2017] : Akiros: "Then we will see what baubles we can bring here in trade."
[Wed Jun 28 20:28:20 2017] : Akiros: ooc is the blue line your planned route?
[Wed Jun 28 20:28:28 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm suggests a circular exploratory route
[Wed Jun 28 20:28:55 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc off the map? Into the greay wastes?
[Wed Jun 28 20:29:06 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 28 20:29:18 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc greay? When you can't decide whether grey or gray is correct.
[Wed Jun 28 20:29:23 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I read that as greasy
[Wed Jun 28 20:29:34 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm suggests an alternative
[Wed Jun 28 20:29:58 2017] : Akiros: ooc the greasy wastes are the mountains, and are reputed to be very dangerous lands.
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc are wa able to explore further East?
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:18 2017] : Akiros: "I wish you luck! This may be your last trip before the winter."
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Ah, then avoid :-)
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:35 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Red route?
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:37 2017] : Akiros: ooc you can explore that way; the actual OOC bit is that there's extra danger.
[Wed Jun 28 20:30:47 2017] : Akiros: ooc the red route is viable.
[Wed Jun 28 20:31:53 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm discusses the options with the others
[Wed Jun 28 20:31:54 2017] : Cuichelm: BRB
[Wed Jun 28 20:32:00 2017] : DM: ooc Just looking up what's in that area...
[Wed Jun 28 20:32:19 2017] : Eadfrid: "I suggest to the river and then due south to search for the trolls."
[Wed Jun 28 20:33:33 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should probably make sure that we can handle them"
[Wed Jun 28 20:33:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "They are susceptible to fire and acid"
[Wed Jun 28 20:34:33 2017] : Eadfrid: "We have some fire arrows."
[Wed Jun 28 20:34:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "There are weapon treatments that can imbue a weapon with such properties, but I do not possess the alchemy skill to make them myself"
[Wed Jun 28 20:34:41 2017] : Adwulf: "They'll be useful"
[Wed Jun 28 20:34:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes"
[Wed Jun 28 20:34:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "I do not know any alchemy either."
[Wed Jun 28 20:35:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Acid flasks may be available"
[Wed Jun 28 20:36:01 2017] : Akiros: "You can use torches in an emergency."
[Wed Jun 28 20:36:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "Not so great in combat, but useful if they are down already"
[Wed Jun 28 20:37:08 2017] : Akiros: "Exactly."
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:02 2017] : Eadfrid: "I only have a lantern."
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "May be worth grabbing some torches then"
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:36 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(20) + 12] = 32
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:36 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:37 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(17) + 12] = 29
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(3) + 12] = 15
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(15) + 12] = 27
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:39 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft: [1d20(16) + 12] = 28
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:46 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc writing scrolls
[Wed Jun 28 20:38:57 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc is there a place in the village to buy torches?
[Wed Jun 28 20:39:12 2017] : Adwulf: Intelligence: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Jun 28 20:39:12 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc we had a ton of stores in the caves
[Wed Jun 28 20:39:27 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc cellars
[Wed Jun 28 20:39:28 2017] : DM: ooc you can buy any mundane goods
[Wed Jun 28 20:39:44 2017] : DM: ooc anything up to 50gp is available with no difficulty.
[Wed Jun 28 20:40:06 2017] : Adwulf: "Hmm, instead of using the torches, could we wrap the heads of arrows in cloth and fire those?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:40:25 2017] : Adwulf: "With the cloth on fire obviously"
[Wed Jun 28 20:40:45 2017] : DM: ooc you can indeed.
[Wed Jun 28 20:40:53 2017] : DM: ooc you've used that technique before!
[Wed Jun 28 20:40:57 2017] : Adwulf: ooc thinking 'Incendiary arrows' from the pfsrd
[Wed Jun 28 20:41:05 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc does mundane items include alchemist's fire?
[Wed Jun 28 20:41:30 2017] : DM: ooc [1d3(1)] = 1 - 3 = yes
[Wed Jun 28 20:41:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 20 gp
[Wed Jun 28 20:41:46 2017] : DM: ooc you can buy [1d4(4) + 1] = 5 flasks
[Wed Jun 28 20:42:20 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf buys some Tindertwigs and incendiary arrows
[Wed Jun 28 20:42:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should take all 5 of these"
[Wed Jun 28 20:43:01 2017] : Adwulf: ooc limit on how many arrows are available?
[Wed Jun 28 20:43:06 2017] : DM: ooc ready to set off? (from a metagaming perspective, there's no trolls tonight, so we can do that offline)
[Wed Jun 28 20:43:24 2017] : DM: ooc you could buy a couple of hundred arrows.
[Wed Jun 28 20:43:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can create a minor acid attack as often as I like, but it's not very damaging"
[Wed Jun 28 20:43:57 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm buys all 5 alchemist's fire flasks
[Wed Jun 28 20:44:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Let's go"
[Wed Jun 28 20:44:13 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid buys 3 torches.
[Wed Jun 28 20:44:22 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf buys a dozen of the arrows and half a dozen tindertwigs
[Wed Jun 28 20:44:56 2017] : DM: You set off back to the tollbridge.
[Wed Jun 28 20:46:07 2017] : DM: The two keepers are still there, getting on with their jobs.
[Wed Jun 28 20:46:30 2017] : DM: They offer to ferry you across, but then the undead bridge-keeper rises from the water.
[Wed Jun 28 20:47:27 2017] : Davik Nettles: "You return. It has been... a long time."
[Wed Jun 28 20:48:21 2017] : Davik Nettles: "I was beginning to fear you had forgotten me."
[Wed Jun 28 20:49:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "Well we're here now."
[Wed Jun 28 20:49:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "We have the ashes, what exactly do you wish us to do with them?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:50:08 2017] : Davik Nettles: "Scatter them... across the water."
[Wed Jun 28 20:50:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm uses a potion of CMW for [2d8(7,7) + 3] = 17 HP. Potions remaining: 0.
[Wed Jun 28 20:50:45 2017] : Adwulf: "What will happen?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:50:46 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc oops, sorry
[Wed Jun 28 20:50:47 2017] : Davik Nettles: "Then he will be dead also."
[Wed Jun 28 20:51:01 2017] : Davik Nettles: "Truly dead, in fire and water, as I died."
[Wed Jun 28 20:51:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Can we scatter them from the bank?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:51:43 2017] : Davik Nettles: "That will work."
[Wed Jun 28 20:52:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shall I?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:52:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Jun 28 20:52:22 2017] : Cuichelm: "Or would either of you care to do so?"!
[Wed Jun 28 20:52:32 2017] : Adwulf: ooc unless something... interesting... is going to happen
[Wed Jun 28 20:52:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid stands ready, sword drawn.
[Wed Jun 28 20:53:08 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm heads for the bank with the ashes and casts them into the water, trying to get them as far in as he can
[Wed Jun 28 20:53:24 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf draws his bow
[Wed Jun 28 20:53:57 2017] : Davik Nettles: The wind catches the ashes, spreading them in a cloud like smoke across the water. The sun passes behind a cloud, and for a moment it feels much colder.
[Wed Jun 28 20:54:28 2017] : Davik Nettles: Davik walks across the water to the bank, and bows to you.
[Wed Jun 28 20:54:38 2017] : Davik Nettles: "Now I can rest..."
[Wed Jun 28 20:55:27 2017] : Davik Nettles: Suddenly, he collapses into water, splashing into the river and washing downstream.
[Wed Jun 28 20:55:33 2017] : DM: Perception checks please!
[Wed Jun 28 20:55:40 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(18) + 9] = 27
[Wed Jun 28 20:56:38 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Jun 28 20:56:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(16) + 13] = 29
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:06 2017] : DM: Adwulf spots something glittering in the wreckage downstream, where the old bridge has caught on the rocks.
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:12 2017] : DM: ooc Cuichelm spots it too.
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "What is that?"
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:36 2017] : Adwulf: "Hey, look down there"
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:50 2017] : Eadfrid: "Where? I don't see anything."
[Wed Jun 28 20:57:56 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf jogs towards it
[Wed Jun 28 20:58:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can have a friendly earth elemental go in and grab it"
[Wed Jun 28 20:58:21 2017] : DM: It's a long object, and it catches the light as the sun reappears from behind the clouds.
[Wed Jun 28 20:58:34 2017] : Cuichelm: Summon Monster II: Level 2 - Cuichelm begins a Summon spell.
[Wed Jun 28 20:58:39 2017] : Cuichelm: Small Earth Elemental: Cuichelm completes his Summon Monster II spell - Augmented Small Earth Elemental (AC 17; HP 15; CMD 15; speed 20, plus burrow 20) lasts for 4 rounds
[Wed Jun 28 20:59:03 2017] : DM: Cuichelm summons an elemental, which easily retrieves the object.
[Wed Jun 28 20:59:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I was typing my instructions!
[Wed Jun 28 20:59:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc :-)
[Wed Jun 28 20:59:27 2017] : DM: ooc :-p
[Wed Jun 28 20:59:37 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Jun 28 21:00:01 2017] : DM: It turns out to be a heavy sword, with a curious watery pattern along the blade, as if it is made of ice turned to steel.
[Wed Jun 28 21:00:14 2017] : DM: ooc it's a greatsword, for those who care.
[Wed Jun 28 21:00:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid moves for a closer look. "May I?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:00:58 2017] : DM: As Eadfrid touches the hilt...
[Wed Jun 28 21:01:13 2017] : DM: He finds it remarkably comfortable to hold.
[Wed Jun 28 21:01:27 2017] : Cuichelm: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed Jun 28 21:01:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft - Identify: [1d20(13) + 14] = 27
[Wed Jun 28 21:01:54 2017] : Eadfrid: "Good balance."
[Wed Jun 28 21:01:54 2017] : DM: It's easy for Cuichelm to analyse the sword; it's a +1 greatsword to be precise.
[Wed Jun 28 21:02:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "Looks like it's perfect for you Eadfrid"
[Wed Jun 28 21:02:59 2017] : Eadfrid: "Good edge."
[Wed Jun 28 21:03:05 2017] : Eadfrid: "A fine sword."
[Wed Jun 28 21:04:08 2017] : Eadfrid: "South to test this new blade against some trolls?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:04:17 2017] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Wed Jun 28 21:04:17 2017] : DM: Eadfrid claims the sword, and you set off exploring.
[Wed Jun 28 21:05:07 2017] : DM: It's easy to make it back to the river to the south, and the ford is simple to relocate.
[Wed Jun 28 21:05:38 2017] : DM: Despite the fact that it's late summer, and the weather has been warm for months, the river is very cold - it clearly flows down from the mountains to the east.
[Wed Jun 28 21:06:36 2017] : DM: ooc hopefully you can see the updated map.
[Wed Jun 28 21:06:45 2017] : DM: You spend a few days exploring south of the river, and find that there's yet another river further south.
[Wed Jun 28 21:07:57 2017] : DM: You set up camp for the night. Survival checks, please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:08:01 2017] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(13) + -1] = 12
[Wed Jun 28 21:08:03 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed Jun 28 21:08:55 2017] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(4) + 0] = 4
[Wed Jun 28 21:09:22 2017] : DM: You find somewhere up from the river, on dry ground, with nothing visible as a threat.
[Wed Jun 28 21:09:26 2017] : DM: Who's on watch?
[Wed Jun 28 21:09:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc first
[Wed Jun 28 21:09:47 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc second
[Wed Jun 28 21:09:54 2017] : Adwulf: ooc third?
[Wed Jun 28 21:10:10 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Alhandra is also about ;-)
[Wed Jun 28 21:10:24 2017] : DM: ooc yep. She's fourth.
[Wed Jun 28 21:11:20 2017] : DM: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Jun 28 21:11:28 2017] : DM: Adwulf, perception check please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:11:36 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(3) + 9] = 12
[Wed Jun 28 21:11:45 2017] : Adwulf: ooc pff
[Wed Jun 28 21:12:03 2017] : DM: Adwulf hears a faint noise in the distance.
[Wed Jun 28 21:12:28 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf strains to hear it again
[Wed Jun 28 21:12:37 2017] : DM: Perception check again please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:12:42 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(1) + 9] = 10
[Wed Jun 28 21:12:52 2017] : Adwulf: ooc egads
[Wed Jun 28 21:13:11 2017] : DM: It's still indistinct.
[Wed Jun 28 21:13:22 2017] : DM: Some time passes, then you hear something clearly.
[Wed Jun 28 21:13:40 2017] : DM: A woman's voice calls "Adwulf! Help!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:13:45 2017] : DM: Will save please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:13:59 2017] : Adwulf: Will: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19
[Wed Jun 28 21:14:49 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf stands up and starts walking towards the voice
[Wed Jun 28 21:15:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Zzzzz
[Wed Jun 28 21:15:19 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed Jun 28 21:15:29 2017] : DM: It's a dark night, and it's difficult to pick your way over the rocks, but you get closer to the voice.
[Wed Jun 28 21:15:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I only trance
[Wed Jun 28 21:16:11 2017] : DM: Cuichelm wakes up, and hears the voice.
[Wed Jun 28 21:16:21 2017] : DM: "Chuichelm! Help me!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:16:26 2017] : DM: Will save please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:16:59 2017] : Cuichelm: Will: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Jun 28 21:17:05 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc hosed
[Wed Jun 28 21:17:28 2017] : DM: Cuichelm also succumbs, and falls under a Suggestion to help the voice.
[Wed Jun 28 21:18:21 2017] : DM: ooc those are contour lines; Adwulf is walking uphill.
[Wed Jun 28 21:18:34 2017] : DM: Adwulf, you see a large creature looming out of the darkness.
[Wed Jun 28 21:18:49 2017] : DM: It has stag’s hooves, a lion’s body, and a badger’s head.
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:11 2017] : DM: As you get closer, it suddenly bites at you.
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:17 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:34 2017] : DM: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13 [2d6(6,5) + 7] = 18
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:48 2017] : DM: It misses. Initiative, please!
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:54 2017] : DM: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Jun 28 21:19:57 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Jun 28 21:20:30 2017] : DM: Adwulf is freed from the Suggestion, but Cuichelm is still compelled to help the voice.
[Wed Jun 28 21:20:44 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 1 + 2] = 12
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:12 2017] : DM: As Adwulf stumbles, the creature bites at him again, and its hooves lash out.
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:15 2017] : DM: [1d20(5) + 10] = 15 [2d6(3,4) + 7] = 14
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:27 2017] : DM: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21 [1d6(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:29 2017] : DM: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15 [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:40 2017] : DM: 5 damage as it catches you with a hoof.
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:46 2017] : DM: Eadfrid, Perception check please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:21:53 2017] : Adwulf: 5 Damage: Aldwulf takes 5 damage. [Wed Jun 28 21:22:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed Jun 28 21:22:27 2017] : DM: Eadfrid wakes up, hearing Adwulf yell in pain.
[Wed Jun 28 21:22:31 2017] : DM: Adwulf, your action.
[Wed Jun 28 21:23:39 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf backs off and moves back towards Cruichelm shouting at him to stop!
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:10 2017] : DM: Cuichelm gets another Will save.
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:30 2017] : Cuichelm: Will: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:35 2017] : Adwulf: ooc ffs
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:49 2017] : DM: Cuichelm still thinks Adwulf is attacking an innocent woman.
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:51 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Jun 28 21:24:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "Why aren't you helping?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:25:25 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm takes his ioun stone out as he can't see, then moves forwards
[Wed Jun 28 21:25:30 2017] : Adwulf: "Its not a woman, its a massive Lion badger thing!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:25:44 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf tried to grab him as he passes
[Wed Jun 28 21:26:19 2017] : Adwulf: CMB: BAB + Str: [3 + 2] = 5
[Wed Jun 28 21:26:29 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm stops as Adwulf grabs him
[Wed Jun 28 21:26:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "What are you doing, the woman needs help"
[Wed Jun 28 21:26:47 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:27:02 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Jun 28 21:27:08 2017] : DM: ooc that's Alhandra
[Wed Jun 28 21:27:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I think it's reasonable to stop if grabbed by a team mate
[Wed Jun 28 21:27:22 2017] : DM: ooc so do I
[Wed Jun 28 21:27:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "What the??!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:28:05 2017] : DM: Adwulf sees the monster rushing toward him. Eadfrid and Cuichelm can both see a large shape in the darkness, but can't see what it is.
[Wed Jun 28 21:28:16 2017] : DM: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14 [2d6(1,2) + 7] = 10
[Wed Jun 28 21:28:22 2017] : DM: ooc it misses again!
[Wed Jun 28 21:28:26 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jun 28 21:28:43 2017] : DM: It's dark, and you can't see much. You function as if blinded.
[Wed Jun 28 21:29:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Its attacking us!" (shouting)
[Wed Jun 28 21:29:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid moves towards the shape, drawing is sword.
[Wed Jun 28 21:29:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Ready an attack.
[Wed Jun 28 21:30:01 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Jun 28 21:30:45 2017] : DM: ooc that's a double move, given the darkness.
[Wed Jun 28 21:30:48 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jun 28 21:31:03 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc no readied attack then
[Wed Jun 28 21:31:33 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I have a light source
[Wed Jun 28 21:31:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc he can see via that
[Wed Jun 28 21:31:54 2017] : DM: ooc that's true
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:01 2017] : DM: You can both see the giant beast
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:07 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf steps back, drawing his baw and shoots
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:14 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8, Damage: [1d6(4) + 2] = 6 HP.
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:24 2017] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:32 2017] : DM: Adwulf completely misses.
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:43 2017] : DM: Alhandra...
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:47 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:50 2017] : DM: sleeps.
[Wed Jun 28 21:32:55 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Jun 28 21:33:44 2017] : Cuichelm: Step back
[Wed Jun 28 21:33:48 2017] : Cuichelm: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 5 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 15
[Wed Jun 28 21:33:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:34:16 2017] : DM: ooc looks like a picnic table :)
[Wed Jun 28 21:34:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc heh
[Wed Jun 28 21:34:38 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 28 21:34:42 2017] : DM: The creature turns to Eadfrid and starts biting and kicking and biting at him
[Wed Jun 28 21:35:00 2017] : DM: Bite: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18 [2d6(2,6) + 7] = 15
[Wed Jun 28 21:35:17 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19 [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jun 28 21:35:18 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12 [1d6(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Jun 28 21:35:29 2017] : DM: 4 damage
[Wed Jun 28 21:35:37 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jun 28 21:36:13 2017] : Eadfrid: 5ft step and attack
[Wed Jun 28 21:36:19 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1: [1d20(15) + 10] = 25; Hit: [2d6(2,6) + 9] = 17 damage.
[Wed Jun 28 21:36:25 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:36:37 2017] : DM: Eadfrid opens a big cut in its side.
[Wed Jun 28 21:36:47 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jun 28 21:37:16 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf circles around to get a clearer shot
[Wed Jun 28 21:37:31 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13, Damage: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 HP.
[Wed Jun 28 21:37:40 2017] : DM: Adwulf still misses.
[Wed Jun 28 21:37:43 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:06 2017] : DM: Alhandra...
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:08 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:14 2017] : DM: gradually wakes up.
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:20 2017] : DM: She stands up and looks around.
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:22 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hey, ALhandra! Wake up!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:40 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 16 fort save to resist).
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:44 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:38:54 2017] : DM: AoO:
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:02 2017] : DM: Bite: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30 [2d6(1,1) + 7] = 9
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:07 2017] : Cuichelm: [1d6(3)] = 3
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:12 2017] : Cuichelm: Image
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:17 2017] : DM: ooc lucky!
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:49 2017] : DM: The monster has abandoned its bluff, and it carries on trying to break through Eadfrid's armour.
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:55 2017] : DM: Bite: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13 [2d6(6,4) + 7] = 17
[Wed Jun 28 21:39:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yeah, crit would have ruined the line of my clothes
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:02 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21 [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:04 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25 [1d6(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:09 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20 [1d6(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:14 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc who did you enlarge?
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:20 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:34 2017] : DM: ooc 17 damage to Eadfrid.
[Wed Jun 28 21:40:57 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it's not even touch! I didn't need to close in
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:07 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:17 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(13) + 11] = 24; Hit: [3d6(4,4,1) + 10] = 19 damage.
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:24 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:34 2017] : DM: Eadfrid hits the monster again.
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:38 2017] : DM: It snarls in pain.
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:48 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jun 28 21:41:54 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf circles around, still trying to get a clearer shot
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:09 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8, Damage: [1d6(6) + 2] = 8 HP.
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:25 2017] : DM: Adwulf misses again...
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:28 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'm not even surprised
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:31 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:31 2017] : DM: [1d20(7)] = 7
[Wed Jun 28 21:42:39 2017] : DM: The arrow pings off Eadfrid's armour.
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:03 2017] : DM: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 3 minutes.
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:11 2017] : DM: Alhandra takes stock of the situation, and moves forward to cast a spell.
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:14 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:32 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm uses a wand of burning hands dealing [1d4(3)] = 3 HP fire damage in a 15 ft cone. Reflex DC 12 for half damage. Charges remaining: 2.
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc devastating!
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:54 2017] : DM: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Jun 28 21:43:58 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 5 ft step first
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:30 2017] : DM: The monster looks from side to side, and steps away from Cuichelm.
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:37 2017] : DM: It carries on chewing on Eadfrid.
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:45 2017] : DM: Bite: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19 [2d6(2,5) + 7] = 14
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:51 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25 [1d6(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:53 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9 [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 28 21:44:54 2017] : DM: Hoof: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16 [1d6(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:03 2017] : DM: 21 damage.
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:05 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:14 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword+1 (enlarged): [1d20(9) + 11] = 20; Hit: [3d6(5,1,5) + 10] = 21 damage.
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:17 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:52 2017] : DM: The monster is now badly injured.
[Wed Jun 28 21:45:54 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jun 28 21:46:47 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf keeps trying to shoot straight, cos he's going nowhere near that thing
[Wed Jun 28 21:46:50 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25, Damage: [1d6(3) + 2] = 5 HP.
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:05 2017] : DM: Adwulf finally makes his shot, and the monster turns to face him.
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:09 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:13 2017] : DM: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:19 2017] : Adwulf: "Shit"
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:25 2017] : DM: Alhandra steps up and casts a healing spell on Eadfrid.
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:29 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:36 2017] : Cuichelm: Magic Missile: Level 1 - Unerring missiles of force strike one or more targets (range 120 feet). Damage: [2d4(4,4) + 2] = 10.
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:41 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed Jun 28 21:47:52 2017] : DM: Cuichelm's barrage of missiles finally finishes off the monster.
[Wed Jun 28 21:48:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Phew!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:48:24 2017] : DM: Now that it's dead, Cuichelm still feels the need to go and find the woman who was calling for help.
[Wed Jun 28 21:48:29 2017] : Eadfrid: "What was that?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:48:46 2017] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Jun 28 21:49:01 2017] : Adwulf: "Hey, where are you going?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:49:17 2017] : Adwulf: "There is no woman, it was this thing!"
[Wed Jun 28 21:49:36 2017] : Eadfrid: "What woman?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:49:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "Are you sure?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:49:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "Maybe it killed her over there?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:03 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:05 2017] : Adwulf: "Yes, it attacked me when I got to it"
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:14 2017] : Cuichelm: "What is this weird thing?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:25 2017] : Adwulf: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:34 2017] : Adwulf: "dead"
[Wed Jun 28 21:50:43 2017] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Jun 28 21:51:05 2017] : DM: Cuichelm recognises the beast as a leucrotta
[Wed Jun 28 21:51:54 2017] : DM: it's a predator and mimic; it can change its voice to match whatever sound it chooses.
[Wed Jun 28 21:51:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "A leucrotta"
[Wed Jun 28 21:52:03 2017] : DM: It's probably claimed this area as its territory.
[Wed Jun 28 21:52:17 2017] : Adwulf: "Thats nasty"
[Wed Jun 28 21:52:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "I guess that could explain why I heard a woman, if you say that there isn't one here"
[Wed Jun 28 21:53:09 2017] : Eadfrid: "Are they solitary creatures? Or could there be mor eout there?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:53:28 2017] : DM: They sometimes hunt in packs."
[Wed Jun 28 21:53:45 2017] : DM: But rarely.
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:02 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's possible that there are more, but not likely"
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:26 2017] : Eadfrid: "Back to camp and double watch for the rest of the night."
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:36 2017] : DM: The rest of the night...
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:39 2017] : DM: [1d100(71)] = 71
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:45 2017] : DM: passes peacefully.
[Wed Jun 28 21:54:59 2017] : DM: In the daylight, you see the ridge rising to your east.
[Wed Jun 28 21:55:54 2017] : DM: There's only the corpse of the beast, not much else.
[Wed Jun 28 21:56:14 2017] : DM: As you carry on exploring... Perception checks please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:56:30 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(17) + 9] = 26
[Wed Jun 28 21:56:33 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(5) + 13] = 18
[Wed Jun 28 21:56:55 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Jun 28 21:57:17 2017] : DM: Adwulf spots a narrow valley between two rocks, with a cave in the back.
[Wed Jun 28 21:57:24 2017] : DM: It's probably the leucrotta's lair.
[Wed Jun 28 21:58:14 2017] : Adwulf: "Look. I hope there isn't another one at home"
[Wed Jun 28 21:58:21 2017] : Adwulf: "Shall we have a peek?"
[Wed Jun 28 21:58:28 2017] : Eadfrid: "Approach cautiously"
[Wed Jun 28 21:58:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, it may contain more of them, but it also may contain loot"
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:03 2017] : DM: Stealth check please.
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:10 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 13] = 20
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:24 2017] : DM: Adwulf approaches cautiously...
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:29 2017] : DM: Perception check.
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:33 2017] : Adwulf: Perception (with Helm): [1d20(11) + 9] = 20
[Wed Jun 28 21:59:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed Jun 28 22:00:05 2017] : DM: Adwulf approaches very cautiously and finds there's nothing to worry about.
[Wed Jun 28 22:00:05 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid is hanging back while adwulf scouts.
[Wed Jun 28 22:00:13 2017] : DM: He finds a small heap of loot.
[Wed Jun 28 22:00:42 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf goes back out and waves to the others to approach
[Wed Jun 28 22:00:55 2017] : DM: There's: a blue dragonhide breastplate, a matching blue dragonhide heavy shield, a tree feather token, an ivory comb (worth 50 gp), and 86 gp. The gold pieces are coated in a foul-smelling slime (the result of having passed through the leucrotta’s digestive system).
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ALhandra can probably create water
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:12 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:34 2017] : Adwulf: Appraise: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:35 2017] : DM: Alhandra casts a spell, washing the coins clean.
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "Wow, that tree feather token is possibly the worst way of using magic ever!"
[Wed Jun 28 22:02:52 2017] : DM: Adwulf identifies the ivory comb's value.
[Wed Jun 28 22:03:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "Apparently it's worth a fair amount to someone though"
[Wed Jun 28 22:03:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "What is it?"
[Wed Jun 28 22:03:45 2017] : DM: Cuichelm: what were you Knowledging?
[Wed Jun 28 22:03:55 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc the feather token
[Wed Jun 28 22:04:00 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Jun 28 22:04:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "It causes a giant oak tree to appear"
[Wed Jun 28 22:04:40 2017] : Adwulf: "is that it?"
[Wed Jun 28 22:04:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "Umm, yep"
[Wed Jun 28 22:05:47 2017] : Eadfrid: "Um. I'm sure that's useful to someone. A woodcutter perhaps?"
[Wed Jun 28 22:06:11 2017] : Adwulf: "how much is it worth?"
[Wed Jun 28 22:06:23 2017] : DM: ooc I'll award double xp for any encounter legitimately overcome with a tree feather token.
[Wed Jun 28 22:06:45 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc ooo, a challenge!
[Wed Jun 28 22:06:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "I don't wear armour or use shields, and I'm not so precious as to require an expensive comb, so nothing here is useful to me"
[Wed Jun 28 22:07:12 2017] : Adwulf: "Is that armour useful to you Eadfrid?"
[Wed Jun 28 22:07:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL @ Henry
[Wed Jun 28 22:07:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm not sure if I know its exact value
[Wed Jun 28 22:08:07 2017] : DM: ooc you'd need an Appraise check for that.
[Wed Jun 28 22:08:08 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc how does it compare to banded mail?
[Wed Jun 28 22:08:29 2017] : Adwulf: Appraise: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22
[Wed Jun 28 22:09:19 2017] : DM: ooc Adwulf knows that the feather token isn't worth much
[Wed Jun 28 22:09:27 2017] : DM: ooc you know the GP value
[Wed Jun 28 22:10:02 2017] : DM: ooc the armour is a MW breastplate; it's cheaper to add electricity resistance in future.
[Wed Jun 28 22:10:16 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc we can sell it for 200 gp
[Wed Jun 28 22:10:47 2017] : DM: ooc it may be useful for Alhandra.
[Wed Jun 28 22:11:18 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc the heavy shield should be
[Wed Jun 28 22:11:20 2017] : DM: ooc yep
[Wed Jun 28 22:11:28 2017] : DM: Which direction next?
[Wed Jun 28 22:12:48 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Jun 28 22:12:50 2017] : DM: GAME END