Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed May 24 20:03:15 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed May 24 20:03:18 2017] : Eadfrid: yep
[Wed May 24 20:03:39 2017] : Alhandra: yep, I might need to step away at times.
[Wed May 24 20:04:02 2017] : Alhandra: ooc and I am swamped as I spent three hours on the phone an hour ago, so just saying.
[Wed May 24 20:04:25 2017] : DM: You all followed the kobold, Nakpik, deep into the old mine. He proudly showed you past the pit traps, and into the chamber of the shaman, Tartuk.
[Wed May 24 20:05:01 2017] : DM: The walls of this cavern are decorated by a rickety wooden frame formed from clean-cut branches lashed together with gut and twine. Banners cut from two-foot-wide strips of old blankets and horsehides hang from floor to ceiling, covering much of the walls. The sloppily painted banners bear dozens of primitive icons and mystic symbols. A large cauldron filled with bubbling red liquid boils in the center of the room.
[Wed May 24 20:06:10 2017] : Tartuk: "Well, Nakpik, what have you brought me this time?"
[Wed May 24 20:06:34 2017] : Tartuk: Tartuk is very unusual - he's not black like the rest of the tribe; instead, his scales are a deep purple colour.
[Wed May 24 20:07:22 2017] : Tartuk: "Who are you, large ones? Why have you come to the caverns of the Sootscales?"
[Wed May 24 20:07:48 2017] : Tartuk: Tartuk does his best to make his voice booming and impressive. By kobold standards, it works.
[Wed May 24 20:07:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "We are exploring the area."
[Wed May 24 20:08:16 2017] : Tartuk: The raven on Tartuk's shoulder looks at Eadfrid.
[Wed May 24 20:08:34 2017] : Tickbiter the Raven: "Why? Whyyy?"
[Wed May 24 20:09:03 2017] : Eadfrid: (Eadfrid doesn't answer the raven.)
[Wed May 24 20:09:50 2017] : DM: The kobolds chatter excitedly. They seem very impressed by the talking bird.
[Wed May 24 20:10:25 2017] : Tartuk: "My bird has a good question. Why are you exploring, and why did Nakpik think you should be invited into the Sootscale Caverns?"
[Wed May 24 20:11:53 2017] : Eadfrid: "People have settled by the lake and wish to know about the area. You would have to ask Nakpik why he invited us in."
[Wed May 24 20:12:35 2017] : Tartuk: "Nakpik. You know the rules. Why did you see fit to break them this time?"
[Wed May 24 20:12:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "We are keen to ensure that the area is safe, and to establish trade links"
[Wed May 24 20:12:51 2017] : Nakpik: Nakpik looks terrified
[Wed May 24 20:13:16 2017] : Nakpik: "Big people can help with war! Help win back sacred statue! Bring Old Sharptooth back to tribe!"
[Wed May 24 20:13:40 2017] : Nakpik: He squeaks, seeming even more pathetic than the usual kobold after the impressive shaman
[Wed May 24 20:14:54 2017] : Eadfrid: "We may be able to assist given more details."
[Wed May 24 20:15:06 2017] : Tartuk: The shaman sighs
[Wed May 24 20:16:25 2017] : Tartuk: "I had hoped to resolve this more calmly, but, since you are here..."
[Wed May 24 20:17:21 2017] : Tartuk: "The mites have stolen the sacred statue of Old Sharptooth. Without it, the Sootscales will wither and die, their scales fading, turning yellow and soft, and then they will bleed out through their naked skins. It will not be pleasant."
[Wed May 24 20:17:39 2017] : Alhandra: ooc didn't the little kobold ask us to take down the sahman? I can' t rememebr
[Wed May 24 20:17:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "We have dealt with mites before"
[Wed May 24 20:17:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Haven't we?
[Wed May 24 20:18:19 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc they weren't very friendly. I recall
[Wed May 24 20:18:27 2017] : DM: ooc yes, at the old sycamore tree to the north
[Wed May 24 20:18:44 2017] : DM: ooc the little kobold asked you to talk to the shaman, not kill him ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:18:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc have we already got the statue and discarded it?
[Wed May 24 20:19:23 2017] : DM: ooc nope
[Wed May 24 20:19:28 2017] : DM: ooc I'd not be that evil ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:19:37 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Wed May 24 20:19:43 2017] : DM: ooc you traded with the mite for Svetlana's ring, that they'd stolen from the bandits
[Wed May 24 20:20:05 2017] : DM: ooc the impression you gather is that they're thieving little sods, and tend to tell people to go away.
[Wed May 24 20:21:03 2017] : Tartuk: "And were the mites friends of yours?"
[Wed May 24 20:21:14 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm not sure if that was Guthmund or Cuichelm :-/
[Wed May 24 20:21:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc hand wave
[Wed May 24 20:21:34 2017] : Cuichelm: "We parted on good terms"
[Wed May 24 20:21:42 2017] : Eadfrid: "No. They're no friends of ours. They dont' seem the type to be anyone's friends."
[Wed May 24 20:21:58 2017] : Tartuk: ooc think it was Guthmund ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:22:49 2017] : Tartuk: "They are no friends of the Sootscales. This theft is far beyond the usual petty nuisance they manage. Will you destroy them for us? They will not coexist with your people, your lake-side town."
[Wed May 24 20:23:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "Can the same be said of you people?"
[Wed May 24 20:24:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "You ask us to kill an entire colony"
[Wed May 24 20:24:47 2017] : Tartuk: "You have met the mites. They steal what they can, and stab half of the rest. They are as spiteful and cruel as goblins."
[Wed May 24 20:25:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "How can we know that you don't plan similar actions?"
[Wed May 24 20:25:40 2017] : Tartuk: "We ask only to be left our caverns, our mines; the Sootscales will keep our bargain. And now you have seen our defenses; you will be able to walk in unhindered and unchallenged."
[Wed May 24 20:25:59 2017] : Tartuk: The shaman shoots a glare at Nakpik, who cowers even more
[Wed May 24 20:26:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc mwahahaha
[Wed May 24 20:26:08 2017] : DM: ooc :-p
[Wed May 24 20:26:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think that Nakpik senses that we are not a threat... so far"
[Wed May 24 20:27:18 2017] : Tartuk: ooc Intimidate check, please.
[Wed May 24 20:28:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it wasn't meant to be athreat
[Wed May 24 20:28:56 2017] : Tartuk: oocOK
[Wed May 24 20:29:13 2017] : Tartuk: "That is true. He does have that sense."
[Wed May 24 20:29:27 2017] : Tartuk: Tickbiter the Raven caws in agreement; it sounds like a laugh.
[Wed May 24 20:29:50 2017] : Tartuk: "So, will you recover the statue for us? You can leave the mites alive, if you wish."
[Wed May 24 20:30:22 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm looks to the others
[Wed May 24 20:30:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "It seems a reasonable request. We know they're thieves."
[Wed May 24 20:31:30 2017] : Cuichelm: "Given the leeway to decide on their fate, I have no reservations"
[Wed May 24 20:32:04 2017] : Tartuk: "And you?" Tartuk turns to Alhandra "You are the silent one, I see. Do you agree with your companions?"
[Wed May 24 20:33:29 2017] : DM: ooc Delphine's a bit busy, so we'll take it as read that Alhandra passes the interrogation ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:34:02 2017] : Tartuk: "You will know the sacred statue when you see it. Go, with our wishes for luck, and return victorious."
[Wed May 24 20:34:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "What if they've stolen several statues. What makes yours unique?"
[Wed May 24 20:35:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "I've heard a lot about what we can do for you..."
[Wed May 24 20:36:09 2017] : Tartuk: "Old Sharptooth is carved of a strange white stuff - not wood, not stone - and is a crouching devil in form.2
[Wed May 24 20:36:24 2017] : Cuichelm: "Why should we help you?"
[Wed May 24 20:37:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "A crouching devil does not seem like the sort of god that I think of as an ally, nor those that worship one"
[Wed May 24 20:37:50 2017] : Tartuk: "If you help us, the Sootscales will provide what silver we can mine, for trade with your people. You farm, we mine. It is easier for us: you can bring us treasures we would not see nearby, and we can give you the metal your people desire."
[Wed May 24 20:38:24 2017] : Tartuk: "Old Sharptooth is only a devil in form. It is the meaning inside that is sacred. Do not defile Old Sharptooth!"
[Wed May 24 20:39:18 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sounds fair to me."
[Wed May 24 20:39:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "The town needs friendly neighbours"
[Wed May 24 20:39:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "I agree to your terms"
[Wed May 24 20:40:08 2017] : Tartuk: "Then the bargain is sealed. The tribe awaits your return."
[Wed May 24 20:40:15 2017] : DM: The kobolds cheer.
[Wed May 24 20:41:15 2017] : DM: ooc anything more before you set off?
[Wed May 24 20:41:53 2017] : DM: ooc I clearly need to update the overland map!
[Wed May 24 20:42:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you have anything to trade now?"
[Wed May 24 20:42:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "Perhaps any items that you know are valued outside, but that you don't place value on"
[Wed May 24 20:42:39 2017] : DM: "The Sootscales have some silver, but do you wish to trade it now? It is heavy, and will hinder you in your efforts."
[Wed May 24 20:42:46 2017] : DM: ooc Sense Motive check
[Wed May 24 20:42:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed May 24 20:43:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc \o/
[Wed May 24 20:43:10 2017] : Eadfrid: Sense Motive: [1d20(6) + -1] = 5
[Wed May 24 20:43:16 2017] : DM: ooc hmm
[Wed May 24 20:43:57 2017] : DM: You both get the impression that he doesn't actually have much silver to trade, and is stalling you so the kobolds can mine some while you're away.
[Wed May 24 20:44:28 2017] : Eadfrid: "We have nothing to trade right now."
[Wed May 24 20:45:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, let's see what you have when we return"
[Wed May 24 20:45:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "Presumably the statue is worth trading"
[Wed May 24 20:45:33 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shall we go?"
[Wed May 24 20:45:38 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes."
[Wed May 24 20:46:28 2017] : DM: You set off across this hills, your earlier exploration coming in handy.
[Wed May 24 20:46:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shall we head on a circuitous path?"
[Wed May 24 20:47:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "North-East, then West?"
[Wed May 24 20:48:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Might be best not to be seen coming from the kobold's cave."
[Wed May 24 20:48:51 2017] : DM: ooc are you exploring along the way?
[Wed May 24 20:48:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "That's a good point, though I referred only to getting a little more exploration in"
[Wed May 24 20:49:14 2017] : Eadfrid: "Oh, sure."
[Wed May 24 20:49:29 2017] : DM: ooc ticking off another hex?
[Wed May 24 20:49:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc this and North-East hex
[Wed May 24 20:50:06 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed May 24 20:50:51 2017] : DM: As you explore to the northeast...
[Wed May 24 20:51:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc had a barbecue and a couple of ciders tonight... currently head dancing to Caro Emerald
[Wed May 24 20:51:08 2017] : DM: ooc nice
[Wed May 24 20:51:22 2017] : Alhandra: ooc back sorry!
[Wed May 24 20:51:30 2017] : DM: ooc no problem
[Wed May 24 20:51:37 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry for being back? ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:51:47 2017] : DM: ooc the plan is to explore another hex (to the northeast), then head west to the Mites' Lair
[Wed May 24 20:52:29 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol, no :P
[Wed May 24 20:53:09 2017] : DM: The river continues, and you find a ford that will be a good crossing point, though it's a good twenty miles upstream from the toll bridge.
[Wed May 24 20:53:50 2017] : DM: as you explore the river, you see a strange creature moving in the water...
[Wed May 24 20:53:56 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please!
[Wed May 24 20:54:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed May 24 20:54:23 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed May 24 20:54:23 2017] : DM: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed May 24 20:54:34 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed May 24 20:54:39 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc FFS! after all our efforts :-D
[Wed May 24 20:54:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc oh wow, I'm blind and deaf and all
[Wed May 24 20:55:12 2017] : DM: ooc I actually have a node for this one! Woo!
[Wed May 24 20:55:37 2017] : Alhandra: ooc geez.
[Wed May 24 20:55:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm can see it looks like a small dragon, about the size of a large dog
[Wed May 24 20:56:24 2017] : DM: It is a deep green colour, long and sinuous, and greenish vapour drifts up from its nostrils.
[Wed May 24 20:56:30 2017] : DM: Initiative, please...
[Wed May 24 20:56:33 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 0 + 2] = 15
[Wed May 24 20:56:37 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 10] = 26
[Wed May 24 20:57:02 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed May 24 20:57:12 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Gah! a 1
[Wed May 24 20:58:02 2017] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed May 24 20:58:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "Dragon, thingy... just there. Not sure of what exactly... mental block"
[Wed May 24 20:58:12 2017] : DM: Cuichelm doesn't know what it is.
[Wed May 24 20:58:12 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 2] = 21
[Wed May 24 20:58:12 2017] : DM: OK, Cuichelm first.
[Wed May 24 20:58:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc where are we?
[Wed May 24 20:59:06 2017] : DM: ooc lining up the grid lines is a faff ;-)
[Wed May 24 20:59:11 2017] : DM: ooc I added you to the left of the map
[Wed May 24 20:59:28 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc did we already have a fight today?? Just the ferry launch
[Wed May 24 20:59:49 2017] : DM: ooc it's been a couple of days - you've been exploring around a hundred square miles on foot.
[Wed May 24 21:00:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "Embiggen Eadfrid?"
[Wed May 24 21:01:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "Aye, it's a handy spell."
[Wed May 24 21:01:03 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 16 fort save to resist).
[Wed May 24 21:01:16 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm moves
[Wed May 24 21:01:27 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Wed May 24 21:01:29 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I don't like water things.
[Wed May 24 21:01:32 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I just don't.
[Wed May 24 21:01:38 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed May 24 21:02:01 2017] : DM: The dragon-creature dives off its island, swimming powerfully across to attack Cuichelm.
[Wed May 24 21:02:38 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc gulp!
[Wed May 24 21:02:39 2017] : DM: ooc node error. Boo.
[Wed May 24 21:02:39 2017] : Alhandra: ooc are we not all together?
[Wed May 24 21:02:46 2017] : DM: ooc Cuichelm moved.
[Wed May 24 21:02:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I moved
[Wed May 24 21:03:02 2017] : Alhandra: ooc geez, don't move when I haven't done the whole pass spells ;)
[Wed May 24 21:03:15 2017] : DM: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8 [1d8(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed May 24 21:03:31 2017] : DM: Its jaws miss Cuichelm, snapping on air.
[Wed May 24 21:03:46 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed May 24 21:04:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc sorry, that's something that used to annoy me as Hildy
[Wed May 24 21:05:20 2017] : Eadfrid: Advance and throw an axe.
[Wed May 24 21:05:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9; Hit: [1d6(1) + 5] = 6 damage.
[Wed May 24 21:05:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed May 24 21:05:44 2017] : DM: Eadfrid misses the dragon, and Alhandra has a chance to act.
[Wed May 24 21:06:52 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed May 24 21:06:57 2017] : Alhandra: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 4 minutes.
[Wed May 24 21:07:05 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed May 24 21:07:06 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Wed May 24 21:07:17 2017] : Cuichelm: Step back
[Wed May 24 21:07:19 2017] : Cuichelm: Colour Spray: Level 1 - A 15 foot cone of coloured light bursts from Cuichelm's hand. DC 16 will save for all within the area.
[Wed May 24 21:07:26 2017] : DM: Will: [1d20(1) + 2 + 3] = 6
[Wed May 24 21:07:58 2017] : DM: The dragon stops moving for a moment, shaking its head and blinking frantically.
[Wed May 24 21:08:00 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed May 24 21:08:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc presumably just stunned
[Wed May 24 21:08:08 2017] : DM: ooc it's stunned and blinded - not unconscious.
[Wed May 24 21:08:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Advance and attack.
[Wed May 24 21:08:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword, masterwork (enlarged): [1d20(8) + 11] = 19; Hit: [3d6(4,6,5) + 9] = 24 damage.
[Wed May 24 21:08:55 2017] : Eadfrid: +1 for bless.
[Wed May 24 21:08:56 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed May 24 21:08:57 2017] : DM: Eadfrid cuts the little dragon in half.
[Wed May 24 21:08:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you go girl!
[Wed May 24 21:09:01 2017] : DM: It dies.
[Wed May 24 21:09:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "OK. Next question... was it alone?"
[Wed May 24 21:09:56 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ok, we didn't even get wet
[Wed May 24 21:10:07 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed May 24 21:10:10 2017] : DM: Perception checks
[Wed May 24 21:10:15 2017] : Eadfrid: "What sort of creature was that?"
[Wed May 24 21:10:16 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(9) + 13] = 22
[Wed May 24 21:10:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(15) + 3] = 18
[Wed May 24 21:10:34 2017] : DM: Neither of you spot any more of them.
[Wed May 24 21:10:54 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Arcana to identify it.
[Wed May 24 21:11:06 2017] : DM: ooc brb power cable
[Wed May 24 21:11:07 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(13) + 12] = 25
[Wed May 24 21:11:20 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ?
[Wed May 24 21:11:44 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed May 24 21:12:15 2017] : DM: Now that he has a specimen (if a somewhat damaged one!) Cuichelm is able to identify the creature as a tatzlwyrm.
[Wed May 24 21:12:50 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah. A {one of them
[Wed May 24 21:13:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah. A {one of them}"
[Wed May 24 21:13:22 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc me neither
[Wed May 24 21:13:26 2017] : DM: It's related to dragons, but - with only two legs - it hunts more like a serpent, grabbing and strangling, and breathing poison into its victim's faces.
[Wed May 24 21:13:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm probably had a lucky escape.
[Wed May 24 21:14:00 2017] : Alhandra: "ouch, this sound slike a nastiez"
[Wed May 24 21:14:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think that we were lucky that Eadfrid managed to eviscerate it so quickly"
[Wed May 24 21:14:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "And remind me not to run off into danger"
[Wed May 24 21:14:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "I was lucky it missed me"
[Wed May 24 21:14:57 2017] : Eadfrid: "Poisonous you say? Could thing it's dead!"
[Wed May 24 21:15:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc is its corpse worth anything?
[Wed May 24 21:15:57 2017] : DM: They typically hunt alone, or in pairs; the flesh is not worth very much as it's rank and poisonous. If you can find its den, there might be treasure there - like true dragons, they are hoarders - but they also hide their dens and roam far and wide when hunting.
[Wed May 24 21:16:06 2017] : Alhandra: "I am amzed at the sometimes narrow escapes we have from seemingly harless creatures, and how easy swe seem to get way fom others that should really be a challenge"
[Wed May 24 21:16:10 2017] : Alhandra: "Luck is a strange thing"
[Wed May 24 21:16:24 2017] : Alhandra: "Or fate, or whatever our god has devised that decides these things"
[Wed May 24 21:16:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "Indeed"
[Wed May 24 21:17:02 2017] : Cuichelm: "Fate is a fickle friend"
[Wed May 24 21:17:47 2017] : Cuichelm: "So, looking at this place, it may be suitable for carts to cross"
[Wed May 24 21:18:15 2017] : Eadfrid: "Useful since the ferry can't handle carts."
[Wed May 24 21:18:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "We can direct swift traffic to the ferry, slow and heavy traffic to the ford"
[Wed May 24 21:18:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "Provided we have cleared this place of dragons"
[Wed May 24 21:19:52 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm looks for obvious signs of a regular route to and from this area
[Wed May 24 21:19:54 2017] : Eadfrid: "Should we search for their nest?"
[Wed May 24 21:19:56 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19
[Wed May 24 21:20:06 2017] : DM: There's no obvious tracks.
[Wed May 24 21:20:19 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc or less obvious
[Wed May 24 21:20:37 2017] : DM: It looks like the monster came here for hunting, but it may well have swum half the distance.
[Wed May 24 21:20:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes Eadfrid"
[Wed May 24 21:20:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "It may have treasure"
[Wed May 24 21:21:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Upstream or down?"
[Wed May 24 21:21:27 2017] : DM: ooc how long are you spending in the search? And how far are you travelling?
[Wed May 24 21:21:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc up?
[Wed May 24 21:21:59 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc half a day, upstream?
[Wed May 24 21:22:30 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc sure
[Wed May 24 21:22:30 2017] : DM: OK
[Wed May 24 21:22:38 2017] : DM: Three perception checks, please
[Wed May 24 21:22:46 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed May 24 21:22:47 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed May 24 21:22:47 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed May 24 21:23:06 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(13) + 13] = 26
[Wed May 24 21:23:07 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(15) + 13] = 28
[Wed May 24 21:23:09 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(1) + 13] = 14
[Wed May 24 21:23:40 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed May 24 21:23:41 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed May 24 21:23:41 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(15) + 3] = 18
[Wed May 24 21:24:08 2017] : DM: You eventually find the lair, which is a set of branches arranged to create a little shelter.
[Wed May 24 21:24:32 2017] : DM: Inside it is...
[Wed May 24 21:24:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc a gaping maw!
[Wed May 24 21:25:14 2017] : DM: not much, apart from a hoard of shiny objects. The majority of them are broken bits of glass, worthless trinkets, etc.
[Wed May 24 21:25:26 2017] : DM: Some, however, might be valuable.
[Wed May 24 21:25:40 2017] : DM: It doesn't take long to collect the potentially valuable bits, and collect them for selling later.
[Wed May 24 21:26:02 2017] : Cuichelm: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed May 24 21:26:08 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc as you do
[Wed May 24 21:26:21 2017] : DM: None of it is magical.
[Wed May 24 21:26:23 2017] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed May 24 21:29:58 2017] : DM: ooc back
[Wed May 24 21:30:26 2017] : DM: Anything more here, or setting off?
[Wed May 24 21:31:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "Bit disappointing. Head to the mites now?"
[Wed May 24 21:31:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes"
[Wed May 24 21:31:52 2017] : Alhandra: "It definitely does not tailor to the beast"
[Wed May 24 21:31:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "The hoard may be disappointing, but the ford is pure gold"
[Wed May 24 21:32:28 2017] : DM: You set off again, to the old sycamore tree where the mites live. The entrance tunnel, as you remember, drops ten feet straight down in to the darkness.
[Wed May 24 21:32:38 2017] : DM: Are you sneaking up, or going in boldly
[Wed May 24 21:33:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "What is our plan with the mites?"
[Wed May 24 21:33:43 2017] : Eadfrid: "Not sure. Don't really know what's down there."
[Wed May 24 21:33:53 2017] : Eadfrid: "Could try bargining with them perhaps?"
[Wed May 24 21:34:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "What do we have to bargain with?"
[Wed May 24 21:34:31 2017] : Cuichelm: "And what do we know about these things?"
[Wed May 24 21:34:42 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Knowledge ?
[Wed May 24 21:34:43 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Nature
[Wed May 24 21:34:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(5) + 12] = 17
[Wed May 24 21:35:45 2017] : DM: Cuichelm knows they're fey, not truly natural creatures, and that they're malicious little monsters who like little better than torturing small animals.
[Wed May 24 21:36:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hmm, nasty buggers"
[Wed May 24 21:37:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "I've had some experience with other fey"
[Wed May 24 21:37:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "They treat these creatures like rats.. Not welcome, kill them where possible"
[Wed May 24 21:37:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "They are more cruel than rats though"
[Wed May 24 21:38:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "Perhaps the kobolds were not wrong"
[Wed May 24 21:38:49 2017] : Eadfrid: "Still, I'm not happy with killing unless they cause a problem."
[Wed May 24 21:39:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc cuichelm uses a laser pointer and calls in a bunker buster
[Wed May 24 21:39:59 2017] : DM: ooc and destroys the statue :-p
[Wed May 24 21:40:01 2017] : Alhandra: ooc not fair
[Wed May 24 21:40:34 2017] : Cuichelm: "Given what I now recall, I'm way more inclined to agree with the kobolds"
[Wed May 24 21:40:42 2017] : DM: So, sneaking or going in boldly?
[Wed May 24 21:40:48 2017] : Cuichelm: "We had no compunction in killing the troll"
[Wed May 24 21:40:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "Or the dragon"
[Wed May 24 21:41:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "Thinking creatures is different."
[Wed May 24 21:42:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "Yes, they are often more cruel"
[Wed May 24 21:42:19 2017] : DM: ooc trolls can think.
[Wed May 24 21:42:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "Unthinking creatures generally kill for food"
[Wed May 24 21:42:59 2017] : Alhandra: "What are we doing? Should we just move on or try to sneak in?"
[Wed May 24 21:43:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm happy to go with ambush"
[Wed May 24 21:44:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "But Eadfrid may want to offer some opportunity to show that they are not irredeemable"
[Wed May 24 21:45:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "No... An ambush is the safer course."
[Wed May 24 21:45:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "I was able to learn a new spell recently..."
[Wed May 24 21:46:09 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can summon a swarm, such as I believe attacked you in the cellar in the bandit camp"
[Wed May 24 21:46:10 2017] : Alhandra: "Oh really, is a good one?"
[Wed May 24 21:46:28 2017] : Alhandra: "ah that comes in handy because it is basically taking care of tour foes' attention"
[Wed May 24 21:46:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "Perhaps I can send some spiders down their hole to attack them?"
[Wed May 24 21:46:57 2017] : Alhandra: "I was thinking about that too, actually"
[Wed May 24 21:47:19 2017] : DM: ooc nasty :-)
[Wed May 24 21:47:32 2017] : DM: ooc Summon Swarm?
[Wed May 24 21:47:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "As long as I concentrate they remain, doing damage"
[Wed May 24 21:47:40 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Wed May 24 21:47:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc bunker buster ;-)
[Wed May 24 21:48:09 2017] : DM: ooc beware - there is small print...
[Wed May 24 21:48:27 2017] : DM: ooc DC10 Knowledge: Arcana to know what it is.
[Wed May 24 21:48:32 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc light blue touch paper and stand well back
[Wed May 24 21:48:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc they attack the nearest creature
[Wed May 24 21:48:54 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed May 24 21:49:34 2017] : Cuichelm: "We would need to stand well away while it is active"
[Wed May 24 21:49:46 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed May 24 21:49:46 2017] : DM: Cuichelm realises that, once he's summoned the swarm, he will have no control over it - it will just attack the nearest living thing.
[Wed May 24 21:49:58 2017] : Cuichelm: "The swarm seeks out the nearest creature, friend or foe"
[Wed May 24 21:50:02 2017] : Alhandra: ooc how can you have knowledge + 12 at level 4 is beyond me :/
[Wed May 24 21:50:58 2017] : DM: ooc 4 ranks, +3 class skill, +5 modifier
[Wed May 24 21:51:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc that
[Wed May 24 21:51:37 2017] : DM: ooc where are you casting it from?
[Wed May 24 21:51:39 2017] : Eadfrid: "That sounds risky."
[Wed May 24 21:51:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can cast it from 45 feet away"
[Wed May 24 21:52:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "It can only move 20 feet"
[Wed May 24 21:52:14 2017] : Alhandra: "Will it then go against spiders?"
[Wed May 24 21:52:34 2017] : DM: ooc there's the big tree
[Wed May 24 21:52:49 2017] : Alhandra: ooc or is this a spiderswarm? is there such a thing?
[Wed May 24 21:52:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "If we hang back and it starts to come towards us, I will stop maintaining it, and it will disappear before it gets to us"
[Wed May 24 21:52:56 2017] : DM: ooc yes, it's a swarm of spiders
[Wed May 24 21:53:07 2017] : Alhandra: "more importantly, will we be close enough to the mites that it will chooset hem as targets"
[Wed May 24 21:53:40 2017] : Cuichelm: "We lose nothing if it doesn't work"
[Wed May 24 21:54:04 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc said someone who missed something important ;-)
[Wed May 24 21:54:14 2017] : Cuichelm: Intelligence: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed May 24 21:54:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc he's cleverer than me and has had fewer drinks
[Wed May 24 21:54:33 2017] : Eadfrid: "Ok."
[Wed May 24 21:54:34 2017] : DM: ooc there's nothing apart from that to go wrong
[Wed May 24 21:54:48 2017] : Cuichelm: "Happy?"
[Wed May 24 21:55:53 2017] : DM: In the early morning light, Cuichelm casts his spell, summoning a swarm of hungry spiders.
[Wed May 24 21:56:53 2017] : DM: ooc /me has to work out a ruling...
[Wed May 24 21:57:40 2017] : DM: The spiders scurry around the entrance to the tunnels, looking for prey.
[Wed May 24 21:57:55 2017] : DM: They waver, torn between some options...
[Wed May 24 21:58:35 2017] : DM: ooc 1 = down the tunnel...
[Wed May 24 21:58:39 2017] : DM: [1d2(1)] = 1
[Wed May 24 21:59:01 2017] : DM: They dart down the tunnel, heading after some prey, but you don't know what.
[Wed May 24 21:59:04 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc phew!
[Wed May 24 21:59:06 2017] : DM: Perception checks.
[Wed May 24 21:59:09 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(20) + 3] = 23
[Wed May 24 21:59:15 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed May 24 21:59:24 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(13) + 3] = 16
[Wed May 24 21:59:44 2017] : DM: Alhandra and Cuichelm hear some high-pitched screams.
[Wed May 24 21:59:53 2017] : DM: They go silent quickly.
[Wed May 24 22:00:05 2017] : DM: After a few moments, there's another scream.
[Wed May 24 22:00:34 2017] : DM: Then, smoke begins rising from the tunnel. It looks like the mites have found the idea of burning the spiders.
[Wed May 24 22:00:56 2017] : DM: How many have died, though, is a mystery.
[Wed May 24 22:01:21 2017] : DM: With the tunnels softened up, but alerted, you can decide whether to go in - or whether to wait, and ambush again...
[Wed May 24 22:01:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shall we venture in now?"
[Wed May 24 22:02:16 2017] : Alhandra: "Can we send scouts in the form of other creatures? Doe sit even make sense?"
[Wed May 24 22:02:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes. While they're disoriented."
[Wed May 24 22:03:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can do so"
[Wed May 24 22:03:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can send in an earth or mud elemental"
[Wed May 24 22:03:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "They can burrow and I can speak to them to explain a plan"
[Wed May 24 22:03:39 2017] : DM: You set yourselves up to drop down the tunnel. As you get ready, the smoke from below stops.
[Wed May 24 22:04:02 2017] : DM: Everything goes quiet for a moment; the calm before the storm.
[Wed May 24 22:04:06 2017] : DM: GAME END