Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Thu May 18 20:03:18 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Thu May 18 20:03:56 2017] : DM: After defeating the troll, you are free to continue your journey to the old toll bridge
[Thu May 18 20:04:28 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I have a feeling we got there and were headed back ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:04:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it's not a troll bridge?
[Thu May 18 20:04:49 2017] : DM: ooc were you? Oh yes, you'd agreed to send a party out to repair the bridge.
[Thu May 18 20:04:52 2017] : DM: ooc nope :-p
[Thu May 18 20:05:10 2017] : DM: You return to the town, now named Lakeshore - descriptive, but unimaginative.
[Thu May 18 20:05:27 2017] : Akiros: "Welcome back!"
[Thu May 18 20:05:36 2017] : Akiros: Akiros greets you warmly
[Thu May 18 20:05:46 2017] : Akiros: "Did you have successful travels?"
[Thu May 18 20:05:55 2017] : Cuichelm: "We think that we have cleared the lands leading to the old toll bridge"
[Thu May 18 20:06:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "Is the new rope ferry ready?"
[Thu May 18 20:06:30 2017] : Cuichelm: "And do we have any volunteers to man it?"
[Thu May 18 20:06:44 2017] : Akiros: "We have enough to start. Leave it with us."
[Thu May 18 20:07:19 2017] : Akiros: "It is a peaceful life here, so far."
[Thu May 18 20:07:38 2017] : Akiros: "Long may it continue! Have you had much to do, to keep it that way?"
[Thu May 18 20:08:12 2017] : Alhandra: "We have had big to do, but not much"
[Thu May 18 20:08:16 2017] : Alhandra: "Or have we?"
[Thu May 18 20:09:18 2017] : Cuichelm: "There are still some areas nearby, but over the rivers that we have not explored"
[Thu May 18 20:09:43 2017] : Cuichelm: "What we have found so far, we have managed to handle"
[Thu May 18 20:09:44 2017] : Akiros: "Those would seem like the next steps. North or South? I have seen how many rivers cross your maps."
[Thu May 18 20:10:14 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, if the ferry is ready, we could use it to cross to the North"
[Thu May 18 20:10:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "It makes sense to ensure that the North bank is safe"
[Thu May 18 20:10:44 2017] : Akiros: "Then you can ride with the ferry crew, and help them install it."
[Thu May 18 20:10:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "Or explore the rest of the lake."
[Thu May 18 20:11:35 2017] : Cuichelm: "If anyone is headed up to Olegs's they could pass on the news that there is a ferry"
[Thu May 18 20:12:28 2017] : Akiros: "We can send a trade wagon up there."
[Thu May 18 20:12:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "I agree that the rest of the lake needs to be looked into Eadfrid, but we could potentially be putting in a ferry that leads straight into danger"
[Thu May 18 20:12:58 2017] : Akiros: "We have little enough to offer, but if there is anything you wish bought, we can sell some of the furs from the old fort."
[Thu May 18 20:12:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "We should ensure that the trade route is safe as we can"
[Thu May 18 20:13:24 2017] : DM: ooc I have also actually prepared the encounters to the North ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:13:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc omg this DM
[Thu May 18 20:13:42 2017] : Alhandra: ooc :P
[Thu May 18 20:13:50 2017] : Eadfrid: "Securing trade is important, to the north then
[Thu May 18 20:14:05 2017] : Akiros: "Do you need anything before you set off?"
[Thu May 18 20:14:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "Some rations?"
[Thu May 18 20:14:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc are we rested and healed?
[Thu May 18 20:15:09 2017] : Akiros: ooc you will be by morning
[Thu May 18 20:15:35 2017] : Akiros: "We will find food for you. Not all of it will keep, but something fresh might make a change for you."
[Thu May 18 20:16:29 2017] : Alhandra: [1d4(2)] = 2
[Thu May 18 20:16:35 2017] : Alhandra: Healing: Regain 2 HP. [Thu May 18 20:16:48 2017] : DM: Without much more conversation, you turn in for the night.
[Thu May 18 20:17:15 2017] : DM: The next day finally feels like summer has arrived: it's warm, with little wind, and there is not a cloud in the sky.
[Thu May 18 20:17:58 2017] : DM: It takes an hour to get everything ready: the wagon carrying the ferry, supplies and clothing for the two ferrymen, the oxen harnessed, and so on.
[Thu May 18 20:18:24 2017] : DM: You set off, and spend a long (and peaceful) day travelling with the excruciatingly slow wagon.
[Thu May 18 20:18:48 2017] : DM: After your mobililty on horseback, it feels like watching grass grow.
[Thu May 18 20:18:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "This is a change of pace"
[Thu May 18 20:19:26 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm looks like he is trying to be cheerful about something that frustrates him
[Thu May 18 20:19:37 2017] : Cuichelm: Bluff: [1d20(13) + -2] = 11
[Thu May 18 20:20:02 2017] : DM: ooc I need names for the ferrymen ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:20:20 2017] : Jan: "Used to a city, are ya?"
[Thu May 18 20:21:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "I like a bit of downtime when trolls and the like aren't trying to eat us."
[Thu May 18 20:21:08 2017] : Jan: "Trolls?!"
[Thu May 18 20:21:16 2017] : Jan: Jan suddenly seems worried
[Thu May 18 20:21:23 2017] : Jan: "You didn't say anything about trolls!"
[Thu May 18 20:21:40 2017] : Eadfrid: "There aren't any trolls any more."
[Thu May 18 20:21:41 2017] : Marten: "Nor to me!"
[Thu May 18 20:21:49 2017] : Cuichelm: "One troll..."
[Thu May 18 20:22:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "Not trolls"
[Thu May 18 20:22:06 2017] : Marten: "One. Don't they live in packs?"
[Thu May 18 20:22:23 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think you may be confusing them with dogs"
[Thu May 18 20:22:33 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:22:41 2017] : Marten: "Trolls are big and green. Dogs are small and brown. Not that bloody difficult!"
[Thu May 18 20:22:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "That's what I thought"
[Thu May 18 20:22:58 2017] : Alhandra: ooc on phone with my lawyer
[Thu May 18 20:23:07 2017] : Marten: ooc hope nothing's too wrong!
[Thu May 18 20:23:29 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Jimmy Wales again!
[Thu May 18 20:23:54 2017] : DM: You carry on northwards, following the river, and making notes on where a road might be easiest to build.
[Thu May 18 20:24:00 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Geography, please.
[Thu May 18 20:24:04 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Thu May 18 20:24:35 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Geography: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10
[Thu May 18 20:25:35 2017] : DM: The sun sets - it's time to make camp.
[Thu May 18 20:25:58 2017] : DM: The night is uneventful, and the next day looks like it's going to be even warmer.
[Thu May 18 20:26:16 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Geography: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8 (untrained: 8)
[Thu May 18 20:26:27 2017] : DM: After another day's travel, you return to the bridge.
[Thu May 18 20:27:06 2017] : DM: The sign, all that remains of what was there before, reads "Nettles' Crossing: 5 coppers: ring bell for service"
[Thu May 18 20:28:15 2017] : DM: ooc the red ones are NPCs, not enemies.
[Thu May 18 20:28:35 2017] : DM: The wreckage of the old bridge is still snarled up in the rocks downstream.
[Thu May 18 20:28:54 2017] : DM: The burned ruins of the little house have been a bit further overgrown.
[Thu May 18 20:28:59 2017] : DM: What's the plan?
[Thu May 18 20:29:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc help the ferrymen set up a semi-permanent camp...
[Thu May 18 20:29:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc then help to get the ferry in place?
[Thu May 18 20:29:51 2017] : DM: Appropriate skill checks for setting up camp, please :-)
[Thu May 18 20:29:57 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc then cross
[Thu May 18 20:30:00 2017] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(1) + -1] = 0
[Thu May 18 20:30:04 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Thu May 18 20:30:36 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24
[Thu May 18 20:31:15 2017] : DM: Cuichelm knows how to site the camp to be out of the way of wandering animals
[Thu May 18 20:31:24 2017] : DM: Including how to bury the midden heap
[Thu May 18 20:31:42 2017] : DM: ooc Eadfrid suggests building a camp in the river ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:32:19 2017] : DM: It takes you a couple of days to get the camp set up.
[Thu May 18 20:32:46 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc there are prehistoric settlements in the middle of lakes, it's not totally a stupid idea.
[Thu May 18 20:32:59 2017] : DM: ooc they usually had islands, right? ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:33:12 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm avoids memorizing spells until he thinks he needs one
[Thu May 18 20:33:40 2017] : DM: Nothing happens, much; there's a small rainshower when you discover the gaps in your canvas roof construction.
[Thu May 18 20:33:49 2017] : DM: It gives you a chance to fix them.
[Thu May 18 20:34:12 2017] : DM: You get the camp set up.
[Thu May 18 20:34:19 2017] : DM: Time to put the ferry in the water...
[Thu May 18 20:34:23 2017] : DM: As you do...
[Thu May 18 20:34:50 2017] : DM: A dead man, head twisted to one side, rises from the tangle of rubble downstream.
[Thu May 18 20:34:57 2017] : DM: He starts walking across the water towards you.
[Thu May 18 20:35:00 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc if it's ferry day I've memorized!
[Thu May 18 20:35:19 2017] : DM: ooc it is ferry day indeed.
[Thu May 18 20:35:33 2017] : DM: "You are not my tormentors. Who are you?"
[Thu May 18 20:36:26 2017] : Eadfrid: "Settlers. We're here to restore this crossing."
[Thu May 18 20:36:29 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(12) + 11] = 23
[Thu May 18 20:36:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm does not know anything about this undead.
[Thu May 18 20:36:59 2017] : DM: "This is my crossing. The Stag Lord tried to take it from me."
[Thu May 18 20:37:24 2017] : DM: "Why should I surrender it to you?"
[Thu May 18 20:37:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "The stag lord is dead."
[Thu May 18 20:38:08 2017] : DM: "Dead?"
[Thu May 18 20:38:17 2017] : DM: "How?"
[Thu May 18 20:38:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "See, our colleague here has his helm, and we have his bow"
[Thu May 18 20:38:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "We killed him and his bandits."
[Thu May 18 20:39:11 2017] : Cuichelm: "Our new settlement is in his old fort"
[Thu May 18 20:39:22 2017] : DM: "Will you throw his corpse into the river? Give me peace."
[Thu May 18 20:39:31 2017] : DM: "Give me... peace."
[Thu May 18 20:39:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc did we burn it?
[Thu May 18 20:39:58 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I think so
[Thu May 18 20:40:06 2017] : DM: ooc I thought you lost it as a zombie.
[Thu May 18 20:40:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "We burned his corpse as it came back as a zombie"
[Thu May 18 20:40:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "We can put the ashes upstream from here"
[Thu May 18 20:40:34 2017] : DM: "Burned. That is fitting."
[Thu May 18 20:41:01 2017] : DM: "Scatter him in the stream. Do this within a month, and your ferry can stay."
[Thu May 18 20:41:09 2017] : DM: "Otherwise..."
[Thu May 18 20:41:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "Will you allow us to use the crossing until then?"
[Thu May 18 20:41:25 2017] : DM: The undead ferryman lets the threat stay implicit
[Thu May 18 20:41:37 2017] : DM: ooc Diplomacy check, please.
[Thu May 18 20:41:49 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc bah!
[Thu May 18 20:41:53 2017] : Cuichelm: Diplomacy: [1d20(19) + -2] = 17
[Thu May 18 20:41:53 2017] : DM: ooc :-p
[Thu May 18 20:42:02 2017] : DM: "For a month. A month only."
[Thu May 18 20:42:03 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry
[Thu May 18 20:42:07 2017] : DM: ooc np
[Thu May 18 20:42:10 2017] : DM: ooc welcome back!
[Thu May 18 20:42:23 2017] : Alhandra: ooc what should I be doing?
[Thu May 18 20:43:00 2017] : DM: ooc talking to an undead ferryman, who said that the Stag Lord and his men were his "tormentors" - implying that they destroyed the crossing.
[Thu May 18 20:43:08 2017] : DM: ooc s/ferryman/bridge-keeper
[Thu May 18 20:44:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Hey, can you fetch us that wood over there? ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:44:22 2017] : DM: ooc good luck with that one ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:45:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "Are we doing to do what that undead said? Can we trust it?"
[Thu May 18 20:45:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm not sure"
[Thu May 18 20:45:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I did a knowledge religion roll, but not sense motive
[Thu May 18 20:46:14 2017] : DM: ooc you can do one now if you like
[Thu May 18 20:47:20 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Thu May 18 20:47:26 2017] : Eadfrid: Sense Motive: [1d20(20) + -1] = 19
[Thu May 18 20:47:37 2017] : Alhandra: Sense Motive: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15
[Thu May 18 20:47:39 2017] : DM: You get the impression that he means what he says.
[Thu May 18 20:48:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "He didn't give the same impression as the wight"
[Thu May 18 20:48:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ""He didn't attack for a start"
[Thu May 18 20:48:50 2017] : DM: "You have my offer.2
[Thu May 18 20:49:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "That's true."
[Thu May 18 20:49:02 2017] : DM: The undead sinks back under the river
[Thu May 18 20:49:30 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have a plan for putting the ferry in place"
[Thu May 18 20:49:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Can we get the stag lord's ashes though?"
[Thu May 18 20:49:54 2017] : DM: ooc I'll hand-wave that you can.
[Thu May 18 20:50:20 2017] : Cuichelm: "Well, some of them... from the communal pyre pit"
[Thu May 18 20:50:51 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc he never said to bring them upstream of him
[Thu May 18 20:51:39 2017] : Eadfrid: "Worth a try."
[Thu May 18 20:51:53 2017] : DM: ooc lawyering him might not be that well received ;-)
[Thu May 18 20:52:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have a plan for putting the ferry in place"
[Thu May 18 20:52:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can make these two fellows big to make them stronger, taller and less likely to be washed away"
[Thu May 18 20:52:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc is the river as strong as it looks in the picture
[Thu May 18 20:52:45 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ?
[Thu May 18 20:52:54 2017] : DM: ooc the river is indeed fast-flowing here.
[Thu May 18 20:53:13 2017] : DM: ooc you can see the rapids around the rocks, and there's a visible drop past the rubble.
[Thu May 18 20:53:41 2017] : Jan: "You want us to go in that?!"
[Thu May 18 20:54:14 2017] : Cuichelm: "Let's tie the ferry to the ropeway with a rope at either end that can be shortened after the ferry is in place"
[Thu May 18 20:55:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "It won't seem so scary once you are twice as tall and eight times as heavy"
[Thu May 18 20:55:58 2017] : Alhandra: ooc what does the ferry look lilke? Is this like a plank thing?
[Thu May 18 20:56:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "Eadfrid, maybe you would be better"
[Thu May 18 20:56:38 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc how strong is Alhandra?
[Thu May 18 20:56:49 2017] : Jan: ooc it's like a raft, but with small rails along the sides
[Thu May 18 20:56:58 2017] : Jan: ooc not as sophisticated as a boat
[Thu May 18 20:57:03 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sure, Big me up."
[Thu May 18 20:57:08 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 16 fort save to resist).
[Thu May 18 20:57:26 2017] : Alhandra: ooc thanks
[Thu May 18 20:57:33 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc how strong is Alhandra?
[Thu May 18 20:58:18 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm quite weak, so not suited to the job
[Thu May 18 20:58:49 2017] : DM: ooc Alhandra's strength is 14, from her node.
[Thu May 18 20:59:40 2017] : Cuichelm: Enlarge Person: Level 1 - A creature within 35 feet is doubled in size and increases eightfold in weight. Effects: +2 to Str; -2 to Dex; -1 to AC; reach increase by 5 ft; Melee weapons increase in size. (Duration: 4 minutes; Range: 35 feet; DC 16 fort save to resist).
[Thu May 18 21:00:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "Do you think you can manage it between you now?"
[Thu May 18 21:00:04 2017] : DM: Eadfrid and Alhandra are enlarged, but they'll need to act quickly to get the ferry in to the water in time.
[Thu May 18 21:00:33 2017] : DM: There's a small drop down to the water.
[Thu May 18 21:00:45 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry I am not sure what we're trying to do :(
[Thu May 18 21:00:45 2017] : DM: Are you still armoured before you climb in?
[Thu May 18 21:00:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it's tied with two ropes
[Thu May 18 21:01:12 2017] : DM: ooc you're trying to get the ferry set up. It needs to be tied to a rope on a loop
[Thu May 18 21:01:22 2017] : Alhandra: ooc k
[Thu May 18 21:01:30 2017] : DM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_ferry
[Thu May 18 21:01:41 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I would keep my armor I think
[Thu May 18 21:01:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc we would have planned before I cast the spell
[Thu May 18 21:02:09 2017] : DM: ooc yep
[Thu May 18 21:02:25 2017] : DM: ooc I'm not going to penalise you for the planning bit - just the execution if it goes wrong.
[Thu May 18 21:02:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid removes his armor.
[Thu May 18 21:02:45 2017] : DM: Once we're ready to go, you can tell me, and we'll get into timing it :)
[Thu May 18 21:03:50 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think armour off"
[Thu May 18 21:03:53 2017] : DM: You've tied the ropes on to the ferry
[Thu May 18 21:04:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "You need to be able to move easily"
[Thu May 18 21:04:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ok
[Thu May 18 21:04:49 2017] : Alhandra: "Makes sense"
[Thu May 18 21:05:03 2017] : Cuichelm: "Let's also put a safety rope loosely around your waist. You will expand so it needs to be loose"
[Thu May 18 21:05:25 2017] : Cuichelm: "We'll tie it to the ferry as it will get in the way anywhere else"
[Thu May 18 21:06:22 2017] : DM: ooc Intelligence check, please.
[Thu May 18 21:06:35 2017] : Cuichelm: Intelligence: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Thu May 18 21:06:43 2017] : Alhandra: Intelligence: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Thu May 18 21:06:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Intelligence: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu May 18 21:07:03 2017] : DM: Alhandra points out that tying you to the ferry puts you at risk of being washed away with it, if something goes wrong.
[Thu May 18 21:07:42 2017] : Alhandra: "This might not be ideal, we need to make sure that all is linked but also that we all get out of things easily if anything goes wrong"
[Thu May 18 21:08:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I already tied the ferry to the ropeway
[Thu May 18 21:08:33 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra thinks hard about her former life as a {{insert equivalent of girls scouts here}} a long long time ago, to remember strong but easily untied knots
[Thu May 18 21:08:36 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Thu May 18 21:08:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "That's why I tied the ferry to the ropeway"
[Thu May 18 21:08:52 2017] : DM: ooc Use Rope checks? ;-)
[Thu May 18 21:09:00 2017] : Alhandra: Escape Artist: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Thu May 18 21:09:02 2017] : Cuichelm: "As I said, we'll need to shorten the ropeway cables once it's in place"
[Thu May 18 21:09:18 2017] : Alhandra: "I can't remember those knots. Darn."
[Thu May 18 21:09:41 2017] : Alhandra: "Of course"
[Thu May 18 21:10:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid is standing around, not really understanding the plan but willing to go where instructed.
[Thu May 18 21:10:41 2017] : DM: OK, it sounds like there's a plan. Step 0 is the preparation - tying ropes, etc.
[Thu May 18 21:10:48 2017] : DM: Step 1 is Cuichelm enlarging you both.
[Thu May 18 21:10:54 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ferry is roped on two corners to the cable
[Thu May 18 21:11:05 2017] : DM: Step 2 is putting you, carrying the ferry, in to the water.
[Thu May 18 21:11:08 2017] : DM: Step 3?
[Thu May 18 21:11:08 2017] : Alhandra: ooc brb loo
[Thu May 18 21:11:11 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you two are roped to the ferry for safety
[Thu May 18 21:11:56 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc you put the ferry in place, get on and pull in the ferry ropes to secure it closer to the cable
[Thu May 18 21:12:07 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm not sure about the last bit ;-)
[Thu May 18 21:12:54 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc is there a wooden loop to go over the cable?
[Thu May 18 21:13:02 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc on the ferry?
[Thu May 18 21:13:34 2017] : DM: ooc there is not
[Thu May 18 21:13:53 2017] : DM: ooc there are anchor points where you can tie ropes to loop over the top cable
[Thu May 18 21:15:10 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ropes it is then
[Thu May 18 21:15:28 2017] : Cuichelm: "Is everyone happy with the plan?"
[Thu May 18 21:15:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'll count down until the spell wears off"
[Thu May 18 21:16:27 2017] : DM: ooc Delphine's stepped away; David is still here, I think
[Thu May 18 21:16:53 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid is nodding along.
[Thu May 18 21:16:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry. Back
[Thu May 18 21:17:11 2017] : DM: Is the plan a go?
[Thu May 18 21:17:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ready?"
[Thu May 18 21:17:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I'm not sure I visualize the plan as meta gamer, but I'm sure Craig does. So yeah
[Thu May 18 21:17:59 2017] : Alhandra: "Let's go"
[Thu May 18 21:18:09 2017] : DM: OK.
[Thu May 18 21:18:28 2017] : DM: Despite it being summer, the water is cold as you step in. Acrobatics checks, please, to get your footing in the water.
[Thu May 18 21:18:43 2017] : DM: Remember to deactivate your armour check penalties!
[Thu May 18 21:18:55 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc don't forget to add back your ACP
[Thu May 18 21:18:57 2017] : Alhandra: Acrobatics: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Thu May 18 21:19:00 2017] : Eadfrid: Acrobatics: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Thu May 18 21:19:10 2017] : Alhandra: ooc TPD
[Thu May 18 21:19:15 2017] : Alhandra: ooc total party drown
[Thu May 18 21:19:17 2017] : DM: Both of you wobble as you step in, but this close to the bank, you're OK
[Thu May 18 21:19:31 2017] : DM: If you're not careful, you risk falling over in the fast-flowing water.
[Thu May 18 21:20:20 2017] : DM: You can easily reach up and pick up the ferry. It's an awkward weight to carry, but feels light enough for now.
[Thu May 18 21:21:04 2017] : DM: You pass the rope over the top-cable; I need one of you to make a Dexterity (or Escape Artist) check to tie the rope on, please.
[Thu May 18 21:22:00 2017] : DM: Alhandra or Eadfrid?
[Thu May 18 21:22:13 2017] : Alhandra: ooc who has the highest dex?
[Thu May 18 21:22:20 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc mine's at 11
[Thu May 18 21:22:21 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I'm a 16
[Thu May 18 21:22:24 2017] : Alhandra: Dexterity: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Thu May 18 21:22:44 2017] : DM: Your fingers are larger than usual, and you fumble at the rope. Another try, please.
[Thu May 18 21:22:50 2017] : Alhandra: "Alhandra fumbles with the rope, hoping to tie it"
[Thu May 18 21:22:52 2017] : Alhandra: Dexterity: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Thu May 18 21:23:00 2017] : DM: Another?
[Thu May 18 21:23:22 2017] : Alhandra: "She tries again, without much luck. The water's too cold and her fingers are cold"
[Thu May 18 21:23:23 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let me help" (aid another)
[Thu May 18 21:23:25 2017] : Alhandra: Dexterity: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Thu May 18 21:23:26 2017] : Eadfrid: Dexterity: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Thu May 18 21:23:42 2017] : Alhandra: "Alhandra takes a big breath and sizes her own fingers, trying again"
[Thu May 18 21:23:46 2017] : Cuichelm: "You're getting to the half way point"
[Thu May 18 21:23:48 2017] : DM: This time, with Eadfrid steadying the ferry a bit more, Alhandra gets the knots tied up.
[Thu May 18 21:24:13 2017] : DM: The ferry is now anchored to the top-rope. You can feel the current tugging at it, even here near the bank.
[Thu May 18 21:24:57 2017] : DM: The ferry isn't designed to carry heavy (large) people, so getting on it would be a bad idea.
[Thu May 18 21:25:02 2017] : DM: Are you testing anything else?
[Thu May 18 21:25:17 2017] : DM: (Intelligence, or Knowledge: Engineering, checks please)
[Thu May 18 21:25:23 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Engineering: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17 (untrained: 10)
[Thu May 18 21:25:30 2017] : Cuichelm: Intelligence: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Thu May 18 21:25:33 2017] : Eadfrid: Intelligence: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Thu May 18 21:25:36 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Thu May 18 21:25:59 2017] : DM: Cuichelm points out that the current will be stronger mid-stream, and that testing the ferry there would be a good idea.
[Thu May 18 21:26:06 2017] : Alhandra: Intelligence: [1d20(9) + 0] = 9
[Thu May 18 21:26:56 2017] : DM: Are you testing the ferry mid-stream?
[Thu May 18 21:27:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc how can we test it?
[Thu May 18 21:27:54 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid hauls on the rope to bring the ferry out into the stream (making sure to stay upstream of it).
[Thu May 18 21:27:58 2017] : DM: ooc take it out when you're there to catch it if it goes wrong
[Thu May 18 21:28:13 2017] : DM: Acrobatics check, please
[Thu May 18 21:28:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc eek!
[Thu May 18 21:28:28 2017] : Alhandra: Acrobatics: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Thu May 18 21:28:45 2017] : DM: Alhandra manages to keep her footing
[Thu May 18 21:29:21 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu May 18 21:29:22 2017] : Eadfrid: Acrobatics: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Thu May 18 21:29:26 2017] : DM: ...
[Thu May 18 21:29:29 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc uh oh
[Thu May 18 21:29:30 2017] : DM: Reflex save, please!
[Thu May 18 21:29:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Thu May 18 21:29:39 2017] : DM: Eadfrid's foot slips on a loose rock.
[Thu May 18 21:29:58 2017] : DM: He catches his balance without putting too much strain on the ferry ropes.
[Thu May 18 21:30:24 2017] : DM: You see the top-rope sag alarmingly; there's a creak of rope under strain.
[Thu May 18 21:31:06 2017] : DM: Strength checks, please.
[Thu May 18 21:31:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Strength: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Thu May 18 21:32:06 2017] : DM: Eadfrid holds the ferry steady, gradually increasing the load on the rope without letting go of the ferry all at once.
[Thu May 18 21:32:18 2017] : DM: The rope creaks; you think you'll need to reinforce it soon.
[Thu May 18 21:32:28 2017] : DM: It will take more rope than you have with you.
[Thu May 18 21:32:29 2017] : Alhandra: Strength: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Thu May 18 21:32:45 2017] : DM: OK, I'm going to need 2 more acrobatics checks to get back to the bank, please.
[Thu May 18 21:32:55 2017] : DM: Cuichelm tells you that time is getting tight on the spell...
[Thu May 18 21:33:00 2017] : Alhandra: Acrobatics: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Thu May 18 21:33:01 2017] : Alhandra: Acrobatics: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Thu May 18 21:33:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + 0] = 2
[Thu May 18 21:33:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Acrobatics: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Thu May 18 21:33:29 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Thu May 18 21:33:44 2017] : DM: Alhandra makes it back in time.
[Thu May 18 21:34:04 2017] : DM: Eadfrid slips, and as he stumbles, he is still in the water when the spell wears off.
[Thu May 18 21:34:12 2017] : DM: Reflex save, please.
[Thu May 18 21:34:25 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2
[Thu May 18 21:34:31 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ouch.
[Thu May 18 21:34:54 2017] : DM: Eadfrid slips and falls.
[Thu May 18 21:35:23 2017] : DM: The safety rope comes into its own as Eadfrid is swept downstream.
[Thu May 18 21:35:30 2017] : DM: [2d6(3,6)] = 9 non-lethal damage
[Thu May 18 21:35:40 2017] : DM: Swim check, please.
[Thu May 18 21:35:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Swim: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Thu May 18 21:35:53 2017] : DM: Alhandra, Cuichelm: you can take actions to help if you want.
[Thu May 18 21:36:09 2017] : DM: Eadfrid makes a superhuman effort and keeps his head above water.
[Thu May 18 21:36:28 2017] : DM: The buffetting of the current, combined with the rope holding him to the ferry, almost drag him down.
[Thu May 18 21:36:34 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm gets to the bank with the two other guys and throws out a rope to Eadfrid
[Thu May 18 21:36:47 2017] : DM: Eadfrid: Reflex save to grab the rope.
[Thu May 18 21:37:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Thu May 18 21:37:26 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc all of your rollls may have an acp
[Thu May 18 21:37:35 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc no, they all suck
[Thu May 18 21:37:39 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 21:37:40 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 21:37:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Thu May 18 21:37:54 2017] : DM: Eadfrid misses the rope, and struggles to stand up. Another save, please.
[Thu May 18 21:37:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5
[Thu May 18 21:38:00 2017] : DM: ooc it's always Eadfrid in the water.
[Thu May 18 21:38:07 2017] : Alhandra: ooc can I try and get to thim? Is ther a safe way?
[Thu May 18 21:38:10 2017] : DM: Eadfrid slips again.
[Thu May 18 21:38:23 2017] : DM: ooc he's at the bottom of a small cliff. You'd need to make a climb check.
[Thu May 18 21:38:31 2017] : DM: Eadfrid takes [1d6(4)] = 4 non-lethal damage.
[Thu May 18 21:38:35 2017] : DM: Fortitude save, please.
[Thu May 18 21:39:08 2017] : Alhandra: Climb: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9
[Thu May 18 21:39:21 2017] : Eadfrid: Fortitude: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Thu May 18 21:39:30 2017] : DM: Alhandra can't quite find a safe way down, but she doesn't fall.
[Thu May 18 21:39:41 2017] : DM: Eadfrid survives the cold water, though his teeth start to chatter.
[Thu May 18 21:39:48 2017] : Cuichelm: Summon Monster II: Level 2 - Cuichelm begins a Summon spell.
[Thu May 18 21:39:55 2017] : DM: Another reflex save to catch the rope, Eadfrid.
[Thu May 18 21:40:34 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu May 18 21:40:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc seriously David :D
[Thu May 18 21:40:49 2017] : DM: Eadfrid can't quite manage it.
[Thu May 18 21:40:53 2017] : Cuichelm: Small Earth Elemental: Cuichelm completes his Summon Monster II spell - Augmented Small Earth Elemental (AC 17; HP 15; CMD 15; speed 20, plus burrow 20) lasts for 4 rounds
[Thu May 18 21:41:08 2017] : DM: ooc Earth? Not Water?
[Thu May 18 21:41:29 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm speaks in Terran to the elemental and asks it to stay wedged in the ground and pull the man to safety
[Thu May 18 21:41:41 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I don't speak aquan
[Thu May 18 21:42:11 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it can partially burrow, using the ground for stability
[Thu May 18 21:42:18 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Thu May 18 21:42:21 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc it doesn't breathe
[Thu May 18 21:42:28 2017] : DM: Eadfrid feels something grab his feet.
[Thu May 18 21:42:35 2017] : DM: Will save (DC5) not to panic.
[Thu May 18 21:42:46 2017] : DM: ooc he's going to roll a 1 ;-)
[Thu May 18 21:43:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Will: [1d20(11) + 0] = 11
[Thu May 18 21:43:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "What the...? This better be one of yours Cuichelm!"
[Thu May 18 21:44:04 2017] : DM: Eadfrid keeps his nerve, and the elemental soon drags you to the bank. With the help of a rope lowered from the top, Eadfrid is hauled - dripping wet and shivering - to the bank.
[Thu May 18 21:44:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "Oh my!"
[Thu May 18 21:44:47 2017] : DM: Well done all!
[Thu May 18 21:44:56 2017] : Eadfrid: "Your plan... needed some work..."
[Thu May 18 21:44:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "That was almost disastrous"
[Thu May 18 21:45:22 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is there a fire nearby, I'm soaked and freezing."
[Thu May 18 21:45:24 2017] : Alhandra: "Phew"
[Thu May 18 21:45:45 2017] : Cuichelm: "You should get the wet clothes off"
[Thu May 18 21:45:49 2017] : Alhandra: ooc "Well Eafrid, you rolled a hell of a lot really bad dice, so don't tell us the plan was bad!"
[Thu May 18 21:45:56 2017] : Cuichelm: "Here, take my blanket"
[Thu May 18 21:45:56 2017] : DM: It doesn't take long to get a fire going, and the bright sunlight helps
[Thu May 18 21:46:04 2017] : Alhandra: "Sorry about this"
[Thu May 18 21:46:09 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 21:46:25 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra makes some tea-like concoction"
[Thu May 18 21:46:43 2017] : DM: Eadfrid still feels bruised and a bit cold, but with some tepid tea and the sunlight, he doesn't feel that his bones are made of ice any more.
[Thu May 18 21:46:46 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid warms up by the fire.
[Thu May 18 21:46:48 2017] : Cuichelm: "I apologise if the plan was not so great, but I didn't hear any others"
[Thu May 18 21:46:58 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Thu May 18 21:47:05 2017] : Eadfrid: "Well, the ferry is in position so I guess it worked in the end."
[Thu May 18 21:47:54 2017] : Marten: "Not sure I want to be the first to cross on that thing."
[Thu May 18 21:48:35 2017] : Marten: "Who's going?"
[Thu May 18 21:48:57 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'm happy to try it"
[Thu May 18 21:49:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "But I got the impression that the cable needs to be reinforced first"
[Thu May 18 21:49:55 2017] : Marten: Cuichelm gets on the ferry and, without much difficulty, pulls himself across the river.
[Thu May 18 21:50:06 2017] : Marten: ooc it needs reinforcing, but not catastrophically.
[Thu May 18 21:50:18 2017] : Marten: ooc it'll work for now.
[Thu May 18 21:50:56 2017] : Marten: Cuichelm realises he's got something wrong, and comes back across to fetch Eadfrid.
[Thu May 18 21:51:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "Shall we investigate the other side on foot?"
[Thu May 18 21:51:33 2017] : Marten: After a few trips, shuttling two people across at a time, you get to the other side. Jan and Marten wave you off, and return to their camp.
[Thu May 18 21:52:54 2017] : DM: ooc heading to Oleg's, or upstream?
[Thu May 18 21:53:33 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let us explore the river bank."
[Thu May 18 21:53:52 2017] : DM: You set out exploring, taking your time to map out the hills.
[Thu May 18 21:54:32 2017] : DM: The next day...
[Thu May 18 21:54:37 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please!
[Thu May 18 21:54:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Thu May 18 21:54:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Thu May 18 21:55:19 2017] : DM: Cuichelm spots a little wooden sign over a crack in the hills.
[Thu May 18 21:55:33 2017] : DM: It reads "Oaktop Silver Mine"
[Thu May 18 21:56:02 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Thu May 18 21:56:08 2017] : Eadfrid: "Silver mine? Reckon there's any silver left in it?"
[Thu May 18 21:56:16 2017] : Cuichelm: "Silver mine eh?"
[Thu May 18 21:56:22 2017] : Alhandra: "Interesting, I don't think I've heard of this before"
[Thu May 18 21:56:32 2017] : Cuichelm: "Could be"
[Thu May 18 21:56:57 2017] : DM: ooc that map's meant to look like that; it's fog of war
[Thu May 18 21:57:15 2017] : DM: It's really dark inside.
[Thu May 18 21:57:38 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm gets out his ioun stone
[Thu May 18 21:57:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid lights a lantern
[Thu May 18 21:58:18 2017] : DM: The light reveals a short distance into the tunnel. There's a kobold sitting on a rock.
[Thu May 18 21:58:32 2017] : DM: He looks at you, leaps to his feet, and then hesitates.
[Thu May 18 21:58:45 2017] : Nakpik: "Wait! Nakpik wanna talk!"
[Thu May 18 21:58:47 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc it had better not have fire arrows.
[Thu May 18 21:58:57 2017] : Nakpik: ooc lol
[Thu May 18 21:59:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc :-)
[Thu May 18 21:59:13 2017] : Nakpik: ooc Oaktop, not Firewine ;-)
[Thu May 18 21:59:24 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc It didn't say Nashkel
[Thu May 18 21:59:53 2017] : Nakpik: "What you doing here? No big-folk here for years."
[Thu May 18 22:00:37 2017] : Eadfrid: "We're exploring the area. Do you mine here?"
[Thu May 18 22:00:55 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm narrows his eyes at the kobold
[Thu May 18 22:01:00 2017] : Cuichelm: Sense Motive: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Thu May 18 22:01:00 2017] : Nakpik: "Not mine. Home. Sootscale tribe home."
[Thu May 18 22:01:50 2017] : Alhandra: Sense Motive: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Thu May 18 22:01:55 2017] : Nakpik: "Need statue back. Mites stole it. You talk to shaman? Is maybe reward."
[Thu May 18 22:02:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "Mites again?"
[Thu May 18 22:02:28 2017] : Eadfrid: "Shall we?" (to the others)
[Thu May 18 22:03:33 2017] : Alhandra: "Where is the shaman?"
[Thu May 18 22:04:01 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(17) + 12] = 29
[Thu May 18 22:04:14 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Kobolds?
[Thu May 18 22:04:21 2017] : Nakpik: Nakpik leads you deep into the caverns, proudly showing you around the pits to the south.
[Thu May 18 22:04:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc What do I know?
[Thu May 18 22:04:36 2017] : Nakpik: ooc they're selfish, prone to building traps, sneaky and cowardly.
[Thu May 18 22:04:59 2017] : Nakpik: ooc they're not dishonest, though - lying seems to be more imaginative than the typical kobold.
[Thu May 18 22:05:17 2017] : Nakpik: ooc they often have delusions of grandeur, and can be flattered easily.
[Thu May 18 22:05:43 2017] : Nakpik: ooc the Sootscale tribe, if Nakpik is any indication, are so-called because they're black kobolds, a relative rarity.
[Thu May 18 22:06:44 2017] : Nakpik: "Shaman Tartuk? I has visitors!"
[Thu May 18 22:07:33 2017] : DM: A group of curious kobolds have followed you into the caves. The shaman himself, an unusual purple kobold, is wearing an ornate headdress, constructed of all sorts of scavenged materials.
[Thu May 18 22:08:18 2017] : Tartuk: "So. You are here to serve the Sootscales? Good. We have a war for you to fight."
[Thu May 18 22:08:22 2017] : Tartuk: GAME END