Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Thu Mar 16 19:55:21 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Thu Mar 16 19:55:55 2017] : DM: You have defeated the bandits, even the old man in the basement who you suspect was the Stag Lord's father. Why he was in the basement, though, is a mystery.
[Thu Mar 16 19:56:35 2017] : DM: You found a huge amount of accumulated loot, and you loaded the most portable bits - gold, gems, etc. - onto the horses to make the trek back to Oleg's.
[Thu Mar 16 19:57:40 2017] : DM: On the way, you had an unpleasant evening when a stranger who asked to share your campfire turned out to be a werewolf. Adwulf and Eadfrid, on watch together, caught him trying to kill Guthmund in his sleep. After a bloody fight, you managed to kill him despite his near immunity to your weapons.
[Thu Mar 16 19:57:58 2017] : DM: Somewhat battered, you are continuing the journey to Oleg's...
[Thu Mar 16 19:58:01 2017] : DM: [1d100(62)] = 62
[Thu Mar 16 19:58:57 2017] : DM: [1d100(64)] = 64
[Thu Mar 16 19:59:02 2017] : DM: [1d100(24)] = 24
[Thu Mar 16 19:59:06 2017] : DM: [1d100(2)] = 2
[Thu Mar 16 19:59:20 2017] : DM: And without further ado, you make it back.
[Thu Mar 16 19:59:53 2017] : DM: It's late in the evening as you approach, having walked for well over twelve hours today, and you're all exhausted.
[Thu Mar 16 20:00:18 2017] : ** Stag Lord found the F6 macro key **
[Thu Mar 16 20:00:21 2017] : Adwulf: "I never thought I'd be so glad to see this old place"
[Thu Mar 16 20:00:30 2017] : Oleg: "Welcome back!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:00:39 2017] : Oleg: "Are you all well? You were gone a long time!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:00:55 2017] : Adwulf: "Feels like forever my friend"
[Thu Mar 16 20:01:05 2017] : Eadfrid: "The bandit problem took longer than expected to resolve."
[Thu Mar 16 20:01:08 2017] : Guthmund: "A room... and a bath... and then food and lots of drink!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:01:11 2017] : Oleg: ooc you've been away 12 days according to my campaign notes.
[Thu Mar 16 20:02:01 2017] : DM: ooc Alhandra: Heal check, please.
[Thu Mar 16 20:02:35 2017] : Alhandra: Heal: [1d20(17) + 2 + 0] = 19
[Thu Mar 16 20:04:02 2017] : DM: ooc see whisper ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:04:44 2017] : Alhandra: Hmm. You've been bitten and it's not good.
[Thu Mar 16 20:04:50 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I missed a session I think?
[Thu Mar 16 20:04:59 2017] : DM: ooc yes, you did.
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:02 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:10 2017] : Alhandra: "And that bite is infectious"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:18 2017] : DM: ooc that was the big violent one when they killed the old mad druid and got werewolfed.
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:26 2017] : Alhandra: "We need a specific herb to cure this"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:30 2017] : Adwulf: "Its itchy as hell"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:48 2017] : Alhandra: "Wolfsbane is the name of it"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:50 2017] : Guthmund: "I was also bitten"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:53 2017] : Alhandra: "But it's also poisonous"
[Thu Mar 16 20:05:59 2017] : Adwulf: "What?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:06:06 2017] : Alhandra: "Yes."
[Thu Mar 16 20:06:30 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is wolfsbane common?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:06:36 2017] : Alhandra: ooc so I leave you alone and you go being werewolved"
[Thu Mar 16 20:06:40 2017] : Alhandra: ooc seriously
[Thu Mar 16 20:06:52 2017] : DM: ooc yep, they do.
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:00 2017] : DM: ooc Knowledge: Nature.
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:04 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to remember her far away botany classes
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:10 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(8) + 0] = 8
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc clearly skipped class
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:31 2017] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(17) + 4] = 21
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:36 2017] : Alhandra: Guthmund surely you know what I am talking about?
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:50 2017] : Guthmund: "Yes, let me see"
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:52 2017] : Oleg: "Wait, are you all werewolves now? Does that mean I should start locking the bedroom door?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:07:53 2017] : Adwulf: "so the cure for the infection is to poison us?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:09 2017] : Alhandra: "I seem to recall it is common, but I'm not sure I know how to prepare it"
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:13 2017] : Adwulf: "I've no idea Oleg."
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:15 2017] : Guthmund: "That would stop us turning I guess"
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:22 2017] : Alhandra: "Oleg, not quite yet, but we'll see."
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:39 2017] : Adwulf: "Turning? Like that thing we killed?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:41 2017] : Alhandra: "Do you have a book, or an encyclopedia?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:08:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc where is Wikipedia when you need it
[Thu Mar 16 20:09:02 2017] : DM: ooc Just feed it to them and see what happens ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:09:09 2017] : Alhandra: ooc Alhandra gets her smartphone out and wikipedia's it
[Thu Mar 16 20:09:27 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I got 21 on Knowledge Nature roll DM
[Thu Mar 16 20:09:45 2017] : DM: ooc you got a whisper :-p
[Thu Mar 16 20:10:03 2017] : DM: ooc it's a low-growing plant, and this is a good habitat for it - rocky uplands.
[Thu Mar 16 20:10:06 2017] : Guthmund: "You know that it grows in rocky uplands, like around here"
[Thu Mar 16 20:10:21 2017] : Guthmund: ooc oops, trimmed that badly
[Thu Mar 16 20:10:29 2017] : DM: ooc it has purple flowers in springtime, but they might not be out this early in the year.
[Thu Mar 16 20:11:03 2017] : DM: ooc if there's any growing in sheltered spots, it might have flowered earlier due to the warmth, so that would be the easiest place to find it; otherwise you're looking for the leaf shape, which is more challengin.
[Thu Mar 16 20:11:35 2017] : Eadfrid: "We'd best get looking in the morning."
[Thu Mar 16 20:11:57 2017] : Adwulf: "How long have we got Alhandra?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:12:41 2017] : Alhandra: "Until the next full moon"
[Thu Mar 16 20:12:53 2017] : Adwulf: "When is that?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:12:53 2017] : Alhandra: "So two nights away I believe"
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "That's not a lot of time."
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:17 2017] : Adwulf: "No, its not"
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:27 2017] : Adwulf: "What happens if we dont get the cure?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:37 2017] : Alhandra: "It isn't". If worse comes to worse we can keep you safe and jailed until the full moon passes"
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:39 2017] : DM: ooc dooooom!
[Thu Mar 16 20:13:48 2017] : Alhandra: "But I'd rather work on finding this plant first"
[Thu Mar 16 20:14:23 2017] : Alhandra: "We might want to try and find it around here"
[Thu Mar 16 20:14:42 2017] : Kesten: As you finish your discussion, Kesten Garess - the guard captain at Oleg's - approaches.
[Thu Mar 16 20:14:44 2017] : Adwulf: "What about the preparation of the cure?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:14:54 2017] : Alhandra: "Oleg, a botany book, anything? I'd be more sure of myself if I had a prop"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:09 2017] : Alhandra: "Yeah, about that..."
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:18 2017] : Alhandra: Heal: [1d20(14) + 2 + 0] = 16
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:21 2017] : Oleg: "I don't have much by way of books, but Jhod might know something. Hey Jhod, over here!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:24 2017] : Guthmund: "I know what it looks like Alhandra"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:27 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to recall any kind of recipe"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:29 2017] : Guthmund: "I already said"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:29 2017] : Oleg: "You know about curing werewolves?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:40 2017] : Alhandra: "Oh you do? That's helpful"
[Thu Mar 16 20:15:51 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to recall any kind of recipe
[Thu Mar 16 20:16:16 2017] : Alhandra: "yes, sorry, I was trying to recall the handling recipe"
[Thu Mar 16 20:16:22 2017] : Alhandra: "I do remember it's hard to handle"
[Thu Mar 16 20:16:28 2017] : Alhandra: "and can be dangerous"
[Thu Mar 16 20:16:39 2017] : Alhandra: "Or maybe we can find a healer somewhere? Oleg?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:16:40 2017] : Jhod: "Well, you can put everything in their food, if you are trying to cure them by stealth..."
[Thu Mar 16 20:17:02 2017] : Jhod: ooc Jhod Kavken, the wandering priest who washed up at Oleg's, might be a good candidate ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:17:02 2017] : Adwulf: "Stealth wont be required"
[Thu Mar 16 20:17:14 2017] : Alhandra: "Oh, you know how to do this?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:17:55 2017] : Jhod: "Or you can make a tea of the leaves. Anything works, if the unfortunate - or malicious - individual concerned ingests enough of the herb."
[Thu Mar 16 20:18:19 2017] : Jhod: "The difficulty is judging the enough such that the recipient still has a chance to survive the poisoning.
[Thu Mar 16 20:18:34 2017] : Jhod: "I am told that around a third of cases succumb to the belladonna."
[Thu Mar 16 20:18:35 2017] : Adwulf: "Jhod. Guthmund and I have bitten. We would appeciate any help you can give us"
[Thu Mar 16 20:18:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is there any way to neutralize the poison but keep the benefits?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:04 2017] : Jhod: "Well, do you have the plant? I cannot do much without it; I am not blessed enough for that."
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:20 2017] : Adwulf: "We will find the plant!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:21 2017] : Alhandra: "Not yet"
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:32 2017] : Jhod: "And the poison, I believe, is the part that acts against the curse; the two dangers - if balanced correctly - battle each other instead of the victim's body."
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:50 2017] : Alhandra: "Right"
[Thu Mar 16 20:19:55 2017] : Alhandra: "All in the balance"
[Thu Mar 16 20:20:06 2017] : Jhod: "The side-effects can be... unpleasant. I would suggest dosing the patients near to the privy. Ideally a privy that others do not have to use for some time."
[Thu Mar 16 20:20:58 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks a little green at Jhod's suggestion
[Thu Mar 16 20:21:23 2017] : Adwulf: "Its got to better than the alterative, Guthmund"
[Thu Mar 16 20:22:34 2017] : Adwulf: "Its too dark to search for the plant now."
[Thu Mar 16 20:22:51 2017] : Kesten: As you finish your discussion, Kesten Garess - the guard captain at Oleg's - approaches.
[Thu Mar 16 20:23:01 2017] : Adwulf: "We should rest, tough I dare say I'll not sleep much"
[Thu Mar 16 20:23:17 2017] : Kesten: "Oleg tells me you have slain the bandits. Did you see my former colleague, Falgrim, among them?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:23:26 2017] : Kesten: When you answer yes, he continues.
[Thu Mar 16 20:24:12 2017] : Kesten: "That's good to know. He's dead, then? I will find some way to reward you. What weapons do you prefer? I can have something brought, if we do not have it on hand."
[Thu Mar 16 20:24:27 2017] : Kesten: Kesten offers you two MW weapons, or armour, between you.
[Thu Mar 16 20:25:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "A good quality greatsword would be good."
[Thu Mar 16 20:25:16 2017] : Kesten: "It shall be done."
[Thu Mar 16 20:25:35 2017] : DM: The night passes uneventfully for Alhandra and Eadfrid, but Adwulf and Guthmund are plagued by dreams of running after prey, and feeling the blood running over their jaws.
[Thu Mar 16 20:25:48 2017] : DM: Guthmund wakes up to find himself chewing the blankets frantically.
[Thu Mar 16 20:26:12 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund spits them out
[Thu Mar 16 20:26:28 2017] : Guthmund: "I need to get looking!"
[Thu Mar 16 20:26:40 2017] : Adwulf: "Yes"
[Thu Mar 16 20:26:43 2017] : DM: The next day, you set off early to explore.
[Thu Mar 16 20:26:51 2017] : Adwulf: "Tell me. Did you have... dreams?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:27:16 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I wouldn't mind a MW chain shirt
[Thu Mar 16 20:27:57 2017] : Adwulf: ooc unless anyone else needs something
[Thu Mar 16 20:28:49 2017] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Thu Mar 16 20:28:58 2017] : DM: Walking, to see the ground better, you begin searching for the right sort of area.
[Thu Mar 16 20:29:13 2017] : DM: Guthmund finds the terrain easily enough. Perception checks, please.
[Thu Mar 16 20:29:15 2017] : Guthmund: ooc fine by me, though not sure if Alhandra has received anything yer
[Thu Mar 16 20:29:18 2017] : Guthmund: ooc yet
[Thu Mar 16 20:29:20 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Thu Mar 16 20:29:23 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Thu Mar 16 20:30:06 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 20:30:14 2017] : Guthmund: ooc Adwulf has a +1 leather if you want it according to the wiki
[Thu Mar 16 20:30:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21
[Thu Mar 16 20:30:45 2017] : DM: Eadfrid manages to spot a plant matching Guthmund's description from the night before, and you soon harvest a good bunch of leaves.
[Thu Mar 16 20:30:55 2017] : Alhandra: ooc a +1 leather for me you mean?
[Thu Mar 16 20:31:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Adwulf didn't take that - already had a chain shirt
[Thu Mar 16 20:31:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Does this look like enough?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:31:38 2017] : DM: Within a couple of hours, you're back at Oleg's.
[Thu Mar 16 20:31:52 2017] : DM: ooc yes, Del - all yours :-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:31:56 2017] : Alhandra: ooc oh then maybe I should :)
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:06 2017] : DM: ooc I love the way we just hand-wave armour sizes.
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:21 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc the rules say magic armor is resizing.
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:40 2017] : Guthmund: ooc Leather isn't much use to Alhandra
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:42 2017] : Alhandra: ooc or not, won't it hinder my casting too much?
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:50 2017] : Alhandra: ooc and stuff?
[Thu Mar 16 20:32:57 2017] : DM: ooc you're a cleric, so you're all good.
[Thu Mar 16 20:33:12 2017] : Guthmund: ooc not at all, just you can wear much heavier with no penalty
[Thu Mar 16 20:33:29 2017] : Alhandra: ooc right
[Thu Mar 16 20:33:50 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yes, but i don't have much heavier right now.
[Thu Mar 16 20:34:12 2017] : DM: ooc take this and trade it in later :-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:34:53 2017] : DM: Back at Oleg's, you brew up a tea from the wolfsbane. The infusion smells sweet, but it's a nasty sweetness: like rotting flesh.
[Thu Mar 16 20:35:19 2017] : Adwulf: "How do we know how much to drink?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:35:32 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf gags at the smell
[Thu Mar 16 20:35:34 2017] : DM: Bravely, Guthmund and Adwulf take their mugs...
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:06 2017] : Guthmund: "Urgh"
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:17 2017] : Adwulf: "Good luck"
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:24 2017] : DM: You drink, and...
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:30 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf drinks
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:32 2017] : DM: Fortitude saves for the victims, please.
[Thu Mar 16 20:36:40 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:02 2017] : DM: Two each, in fact.
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:04 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:12 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc uh oh
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:20 2017] : Adwulf: ooc yeah
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:25 2017] : Guthmund: Fortitude: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:26 2017] : Alhandra: ooc uh oh indeed.
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:26 2017] : Guthmund: Fortitude: [1d20(18) + 4] = 22
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:33 2017] : DM: There's some good news and some bad news...
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:35 2017] : Alhandra: ooc TPK by way of tea ;)
[Thu Mar 16 20:37:53 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Tea PK
[Thu Mar 16 20:38:02 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc oh dear
[Thu Mar 16 20:38:04 2017] : DM: Adwulf drinks heartily, shuddering at the taste.
[Thu Mar 16 20:38:17 2017] : DM: He struggles to keep the drink down, but manages it.
[Thu Mar 16 20:38:30 2017] : DM: A couple of hours later, the trouble really starts...
[Thu Mar 16 20:39:07 2017] : DM: For [1d4(1) + 1] = 2 days, Adwulf is sufficiently weak (and ill) that he can barely leave his bed.
[Thu Mar 16 20:39:15 2017] : Guthmund: ooc Is it a fort save to make it to the privy or reflex?
[Thu Mar 16 20:39:20 2017] : DM: Even then, he's looking pretty thin and green.
[Thu Mar 16 20:39:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 20:39:36 2017] : DM: Meanwhile, Guthmund didn't seem to have as much trouble drinking the tea.
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:08 2017] : DM: He doesn't suffer as much from the side-effects: in fact, he just spends the afternoon hovering near the privy "in case", as he puts it.
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:19 2017] : DM: That evening, as the full moon rises...
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:21 2017] : DM: ...
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:22 2017] : DM: ...
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:22 2017] : DM: ..
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:23 2017] : DM: ..
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:24 2017] : DM: .
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:25 2017] : DM: .
[Thu Mar 16 20:40:35 2017] : DM: (ooc thought those were appropriate)
[Thu Mar 16 20:42:10 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund remains very restless
[Thu Mar 16 20:42:45 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf starts scratching behind his ear
[Thu Mar 16 20:42:52 2017] : Guthmund: He rips off his bedding, clawing at his skin and clothes
[Thu Mar 16 20:43:22 2017] : Guthmund: He begins a hacking cough, culminating in something distinctly like a howl
[Thu Mar 16 20:43:30 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf watches, unable to raise a hand
[Thu Mar 16 20:43:57 2017] : Guthmund: And breaks for the walls of the stockade, clearing them in an inhuman bound
[Thu Mar 16 20:44:33 2017] : Guthmund: More howling is heard, growing dimmer as it fades into the distance
[Thu Mar 16 20:44:45 2017] : Alhandra: ooc wait, surely we'd have prepared for this, and locked them away?
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:06 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc yeah, wasn't that the plan?
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:34 2017] : DM: ooc Plot reasons - i.e. Craig wanted to switch characters
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:42 2017] : DM: ooc :-p
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:43 2017] : Alhandra: ooc it was what I would have done"
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:46 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol :P
[Thu Mar 16 20:45:57 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc oh, ok
[Thu Mar 16 20:46:11 2017] : DM: ooc hence my frantically retconning those damned fort saves.
[Thu Mar 16 20:46:17 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 20:46:44 2017] : Guthmund: ooc should have 'rolled' them for us
[Thu Mar 16 20:46:54 2017] : DM: ooc yeah, but... I thought of that too late.
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:00 2017] : Alhandra: LOL
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "I guess that didn't work. Should we chase after him or hope he returns in the morning?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:21 2017] : Adwulf: "I can barely lift my head"
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:35 2017] : Alhandra: "Hope he returns, I am not entering a battle with him"
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:37 2017] : Adwulf: "Perhaps he will return"
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:38 2017] : Alhandra: "He will win'
[Thu Mar 16 20:47:55 2017] : Alhandra: "So either he makes it through the night and comes back, or he is doomed"
[Thu Mar 16 20:48:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "I hope he makes it."
[Thu Mar 16 20:48:46 2017] : Adwulf: "or he will kill himself rather than infect another"
[Thu Mar 16 20:49:11 2017] : Adwulf: "I'm not sure what I would've done in his situation"
[Thu Mar 16 20:49:28 2017] : Alhandra: "Well, he'd need to return to his human form first"
[Thu Mar 16 20:49:39 2017] : Alhandra: "I am sorry this didn't work"
[Thu Mar 16 20:49:55 2017] : Alhandra: "I promise to study this more closely just in case next time we're in a library"
[Thu Mar 16 20:50:12 2017] : Eadfrid: "You're not feeling the urge to run about and howl are you Adwulf?"
[Thu Mar 16 20:50:14 2017] : Adwulf: "You saved me Alhandra"
[Thu Mar 16 20:51:06 2017] : Alhandra: "I'm not sure I did. I think Jhod did"
[Thu Mar 16 20:51:07 2017] : Adwulf: "For that, I am grateful"
[Thu Mar 16 20:51:28 2017] : Alhandra: "But I will take your gratitude and I am glad you made it through"
[Thu Mar 16 20:51:48 2017] : Adwulf: "You saw the infection and what it meant. I assumed it would heal itself"
[Thu Mar 16 20:52:24 2017] : Adwulf: "I think I'll join you in that study session"
[Thu Mar 16 20:52:33 2017] : Alhandra: "True"
[Thu Mar 16 20:52:43 2017] : Alhandra: "That will be a pleasure"
[Thu Mar 16 20:52:53 2017] : DM: After a few days, during which time Adwulf recovers - gradually - and Oleg sends the news up the road to the North, that the bandits are defeated, the weather is beginning to warm up as spring really arrives.
[Thu Mar 16 20:53:21 2017] : DM: Travellers come and go, calling in at the trading post; Kesten and the other guards talk about moving on now that the bandits are dealt with.
[Thu Mar 16 20:53:57 2017] : Adwulf: "Bandits will return. They always do"
[Thu Mar 16 20:54:18 2017] : DM: The two ex-bandits, Tomas and Grigor, keep working hard: it seems they are glad just to have a job to do.
[Thu Mar 16 20:54:38 2017] : Alhandra: "They do, you are right. But it will take a while to take power and all"
[Thu Mar 16 20:54:45 2017] : Alhandra: "So we've earned everyone a bit of calm"
[Thu Mar 16 20:54:59 2017] : Alhandra: "Spring is back, and Guthmund isn't"
[Thu Mar 16 20:55:09 2017] : DM: One day, towards the end of the month, a group of traders arrive. They bring stock for Oleg to sell, and a traveller with them: unusually for this far north, he's an elf.
[Thu Mar 16 20:56:28 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc quick-elm?
[Thu Mar 16 20:56:45 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf is up and exercising to get his strength back
[Thu Mar 16 20:56:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc quick-helm
[Thu Mar 16 20:57:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Hail travellers"
[Thu Mar 16 20:57:42 2017] : Cuichelm: "Hail traders I come bearing a message from Restov"
[Thu Mar 16 20:57:44 2017] : Alhandra: ooc what is quick-elm?
[Thu Mar 16 20:57:59 2017] : Adwulf: ooc his name
[Thu Mar 16 20:58:10 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc or... not quite his name
[Thu Mar 16 20:58:45 2017] : Adwulf: ooc prompt: restov?
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:10 2017] : DM: ooc Restov is the capital city of southern Brevoy, the country to the north of the unclaimed wilderness you're exploring.
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc ty
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:27 2017] : DM: ooc That's where the charter to explore, do in bandits, etc. came from.
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:31 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm is very tall, though his height only further accentuates his slenderness
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:33 2017] : DM: ooc it's the Deus Ex Machina ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 20:59:54 2017] : Adwulf: ooc gotcha
[Thu Mar 16 21:00:03 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I don't know the message either... awaiting further info from the deus ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:00:26 2017] : Eadfrid: "You want to speak to Oleg, he runs this place. We're adventurers resting here a while, nto traders."
[Thu Mar 16 21:00:33 2017] : DM: ooc message up as an image: David, I really love this new feature - thank you!
[Thu Mar 16 21:00:58 2017] : DM: ooc the message was for the "charter-bearers" - Oleg directed Cuichelm to you lot.
[Thu Mar 16 21:01:04 2017] : Cuichelm: He is dressed in robes, but with a thick banded waistband around his midriff
[Thu Mar 16 21:01:25 2017] : Adwulf: "Colonists?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:01:53 2017] : DM: ooc let me know when you want the new charter up.
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 'your realm' !!
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:27 2017] : Adwulf: "Realm??"
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:41 2017] : DM: ooc the "token reward" is a promise to pay 4000gp in coin or goods.
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:42 2017] : Eadfrid: "Uh, Wait, what did that bit say again. "Our Realm?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:45 2017] : Alhandra: "A realm?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:50 2017] : Alhandra: "OK, I am confused, really"
[Thu Mar 16 21:02:51 2017] : Adwulf: "Wheres this new charter?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:03:18 2017] : DM: ooc being converted to PNG for display, is the real answer ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:02 2017] : Adwulf: "Am I understanding this correctly?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:11 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm hands over the charter
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:32 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I need to get it to support JPGs as well at some point.
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:36 2017] : Adwulf: "We now run this place??"
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:42 2017] : DM: ooc yes, you probably are understanding it correctly.
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:54 2017] : DM: ooc you get to establish a nation of your own...
[Thu Mar 16 21:04:55 2017] : Adwulf: ooc bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
[Thu Mar 16 21:05:16 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL @ Bert
[Thu Mar 16 21:05:41 2017] : Eadfrid: "There's got to some sort of catch, rulers aren't normally this generous with land are they?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:05:43 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc man, did I pick the wrong time to switch characters ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:05:49 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lost control there
[Thu Mar 16 21:05:56 2017] : DM: ooc it's not their land that they're giving away
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc nah, we'll need minions
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:06 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Nobility, anyone?
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:10 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(2) + 0] = 2
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:15 2017] : Alhandra: ooc nope
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:21 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:26 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nobility: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16 (untrained: 10)
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:42 2017] : Adwulf: Knowledge Nobility: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:49 2017] : Adwulf: ooc (untrained)
[Thu Mar 16 21:06:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "This land is not part of my country"
[Thu Mar 16 21:07:36 2017] : DM: None of you can quite work out what the game is, but you get the impression there's some complicated politics happening.
[Thu Mar 16 21:08:10 2017] : Cuichelm: "One can only assume that through your efforts you have earned the right to rule as a vassal state of Brevoy"
[Thu Mar 16 21:08:28 2017] : Alhandra: "Well, I'm not sure I want to rule"
[Thu Mar 16 21:08:38 2017] : Alhandra: "This said, I am curious to know what is on its way"
[Thu Mar 16 21:08:39 2017] : DM: ooc Cuichelm is totally going to get co-opted in as well, right? :-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:08:41 2017] : Cuichelm: "Allow me to be the first to congratulated you on your feats and your rewards"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:10 2017] : Adwulf: "Thanks, I suppose"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:28 2017] : Alhandra: "Yeah thanks"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:34 2017] : Alhandra: "Want a piece of that kingdom?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:38 2017] : Adwulf: "I have to admit that I'm not sure if this is a good thing"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:43 2017] : Alhandra: "Or whatever it's called?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:54 2017] : Alhandra: "I mean, I'm not sure I want it either"
[Thu Mar 16 21:09:56 2017] : DM: ooc if not you, then who else? :-D
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:00 2017] : Adwulf: "Thats a point. What shalll we call it?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:08 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have been sent here to help as there was intelligence that there was need of someone knowledgeable in the arcane arts."
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:47 2017] : Adwulf: "How about Guthmundia?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:50 2017] : Cuichelm: "I am your aide if you wish"
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:53 2017] : Adwulf: ooc :)
[Thu Mar 16 21:10:56 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 21:11:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Seems like we need surveyors more than wizards for this job."
[Thu Mar 16 21:11:49 2017] : Alhandra: "I am not sure what we need at all"
[Thu Mar 16 21:12:43 2017] : DM: ooc we have two options at this point: either you can rule the new kingdom yourselves, or we can keep it in the background, but you can be the "associated heroes" of the new kingdom.
[Thu Mar 16 21:12:59 2017] : DM: ooc I'm happy either way - just let me know which option you prefer.
[Thu Mar 16 21:13:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc a kingdom requires a king
[Thu Mar 16 21:13:41 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'm happy to abdicate day-to-day ruling to someone
[Thu Mar 16 21:13:53 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc otherwise it's something else.. oligarchy??
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:09 2017] : Alhandra: "yeah,, let's get a kingdom tenant"
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:11 2017] : DM: ooc yep. The Kingdom Building Rules allow for a "leader and significant advisors", e.g. treasurer, general, high priest, etc.
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:13 2017] : Alhandra: ooc sorry, taht was ooc
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:34 2017] : Alhandra: ooc let's get a kingdom consultant
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:37 2017] : Alhandra: ooc or something ;)
[Thu Mar 16 21:14:38 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 21:15:01 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc Grand Vizier always sounds tempting ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:15:03 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc out-source kingship/queenship to a foreign country.
[Thu Mar 16 21:15:08 2017] : DM: ooc you could totally run an entire game session "the search for a kingdom consultant"
[Thu Mar 16 21:15:12 2017] : Adwulf: "I'm not sure I'm fit to run a country."
[Thu Mar 16 21:15:14 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 21:16:06 2017] : DM: ooc since none of you has much of a CHA mod, the Ruler position would be the hardest to fill :-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:16:31 2017] : Eadfrid: "I think there would need to be a competent admintrator for this new realm."
[Thu Mar 16 21:16:33 2017] : DM: ooc that looks like a consensus - kingdom in the background, while you act as its elite strike force?
[Thu Mar 16 21:16:48 2017] : Adwulf: ooc yes from me
[Thu Mar 16 21:16:49 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yep
[Thu Mar 16 21:17:08 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 16 21:17:37 2017] : DM: ooc Craig?
[Thu Mar 16 21:17:50 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:06 2017] : DM: ooc OK. We'll continue, then.
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:07 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I'm not even part of the decision ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:08 2017] : Adwulf: "Cuichelm, We dont think we are fit to run a country. Do you think you could get us an administrator to run it?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:29 2017] : Cuichelm: "I can certainly send word back"
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:38 2017] : Adwulf: "At least until we come to term with this new situation"
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:44 2017] : Cuichelm: "Though it will likely take some days"
[Thu Mar 16 21:18:47 2017] : Adwulf: "Its a little overwhelming"
[Thu Mar 16 21:19:22 2017] : Adwulf: "Ok, in the mean time we can try to organise somewhere for them to rule from"
[Thu Mar 16 21:19:22 2017] : Alhandra: "Well, there wasn't a country yesterday"
[Thu Mar 16 21:19:31 2017] : Alhandra: "So I think we can have no copuntry for a few days more"
[Thu Mar 16 21:19:35 2017] : Eadfrid: "It's quite a shift from defeating bandits."
[Thu Mar 16 21:19:54 2017] : Adwulf: "Its been a busy few weeks"
[Thu Mar 16 21:20:38 2017] : DM: ooc you won't have a country for a month, while the first settlers arrive. Even then, you'll barely have enough for a village!
[Thu Mar 16 21:20:48 2017] : Alhandra: ooc ok :)
[Thu Mar 16 21:21:13 2017] : Cuichelm: "If you know of a suitable site that meets the brief, you could send craftsmen there with a guard escort to begin creating the basics of a capital"
[Thu Mar 16 21:21:13 2017] : Adwulf: "Oleg, would you object to people settling around here?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:21:21 2017] : DM: The first letter asked you to recommend where the capital should be - or at least, the first settlement.
[Thu Mar 16 21:21:48 2017] : Oleg: "We only bloody moved out here to get away from all those people", Oleg grumps.
[Thu Mar 16 21:21:53 2017] : Cuichelm: "Such a site would preferably have a fresh water source, preferably a spring or well"
[Thu Mar 16 21:22:25 2017] : Adwulf: "ok then, we'll have alook around for a better place"
[Thu Mar 16 21:22:31 2017] : Svetlana: "The water supply might not support more than a village: we only have the well, and I don't know how good it is."
[Thu Mar 16 21:22:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let's get the map out and have a look."
[Thu Mar 16 21:22:59 2017] : Svetlana: ooc ta-daaa
[Thu Mar 16 21:23:10 2017] : Adwulf: "I thought it best to ask since you have looked after us so kindly"
[Thu Mar 16 21:23:27 2017] : Cuichelm: "It looks like there are still quite a few unexplored areas"
[Thu Mar 16 21:23:38 2017] : Oleg: "Well, I'm glad you did. They can come by, but I'd rather not live in the middle of a damn town."
[Thu Mar 16 21:23:57 2017] : DM: ooc Knowledge: Geography, from those who've been around a while, might offer hints.
[Thu Mar 16 21:23:58 2017] : Adwulf: "What about near the old bandit camp?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:24:28 2017] : ** Adwulf found the F2 macro key **
[Thu Mar 16 21:24:46 2017] : Adwulf: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Thu Mar 16 21:24:52 2017] : Eadfrid: "Good secure location, running water,... and zombies."
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:09 2017] : Adwulf: "No, I meant the one in the forest"
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:37 2017] : Cuichelm: "Are you plannign on setting up an elven kingom?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:44 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc kingdom
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:58 2017] : Adwulf: "Running water, plenty of wood
[Thu Mar 16 21:25:59 2017] : Eadfrid: "Villages need wood for construction and firewood."
[Thu Mar 16 21:26:03 2017] : DM: ooc the one in the forest would need you to clear some land first, but could be good: but Eadfrid's suggestion also has merit, if you can ensure the zombies won't be a problem.
[Thu Mar 16 21:26:31 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 16 21:28:30 2017] : Eadfrid: "Adwulf I think your suggestion is better."
[Thu Mar 16 21:28:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I suggested the main bandit camp as a settlement last time!
[Thu Mar 16 21:29:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "Presumably the zombies are not innumerable?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:29:14 2017] : Adwulf: ooc nah, you're dead to us now
[Thu Mar 16 21:29:38 2017] : Cuichelm: "And such ground can be hallowed"
[Thu Mar 16 21:29:45 2017] : DM: ooc Craig's new character, relegated to NPC ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:31:52 2017] : Adwulf: "Cuichelm, we think this spot would be a good place for capital"
[Thu Mar 16 21:31:58 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Thu Mar 16 21:32:00 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf marks the map
[Thu Mar 16 21:32:33 2017] : Cuichelm: "I see."
[Thu Mar 16 21:32:40 2017] : DM: Cuichelm points out that dealing with zombies permanently can be done, since they only rise from dead bodies.
[Thu Mar 16 21:32:59 2017] : DM: ooc and a LE kingdom could totally use them as a defensive feature!
[Thu Mar 16 21:33:07 2017] : Cuichelm: "And these unexplored areas nearby don't concern you?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:33:07 2017] : Adwulf: "But perhaps we should do some more scouting around the area."
[Thu Mar 16 21:33:16 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc ooh, there's an idea
[Thu Mar 16 21:33:34 2017] : Adwulf: "Last time we were there it wasn't what we were checking it for"
[Thu Mar 16 21:33:59 2017] : DM: ooc you can choose the alignment of the kingdom - given your collective behaviour, I think N seems most likely.
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:04 2017] : Adwulf: "How long have we got before people start to arrive?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:05 2017] : Cuichelm: "I see that you have mapped a river. The water flows through the forest into this area?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:21 2017] : Adwulf: "We believe so"
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:33 2017] : Cuichelm: "Or is there an unmarked freshwater spring?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:41 2017] : DM: ooc the letter said one month before people start arriving. You can probably explore about 6 adjacent hexes in that time.
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:54 2017] : DM: ooc adjacent to each other, that is.
[Thu Mar 16 21:34:54 2017] : Cuichelm: "Personally I prefer my water less twiggy"
[Thu Mar 16 21:35:10 2017] : DM: ooc and my Twiggy less wet? ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:35:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc oh dear!
[Thu Mar 16 21:35:24 2017] : Adwulf: "Heres an idea. You seem to know what you are looking for so how about you accompany us on a little scouting trip?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:36:01 2017] : Cuichelm: "I assure you, my knowledge does not extend too much beyond a desire for a clean water source"
[Thu Mar 16 21:36:35 2017] : DM: ooc you can move the mini where you're exploring
[Thu Mar 16 21:36:38 2017] : Adwulf: "Nevertheless, how about it?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:36:47 2017] : Alhandra: "I suppose arable land might be a good idea too"
[Thu Mar 16 21:36:52 2017] : Alhandra: "and a supply for wood"
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "I was merely, though perhaps badly, trying to explain that I can see that the river runs for many miles through the forest and is not likely to be very suitable for drinking"
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:13 2017] : Alhandra: ooc /me tries to remember the basics of colonization, the game :P
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:20 2017] : Oleg: "Good luck, friends!" Oleg provides you with plenty of food for your exploration trip
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:31 2017] : DM: ooc lol, I always think of Civ at this stage :-)
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:34 2017] : Cuichelm: "I'd be happy to accompany you, if you don't find my presence too irksome"
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:49 2017] : Alhandra: "I don't know, do you plan to be irksome?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:52 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have sometimes been told that I am not very tactful"
[Thu Mar 16 21:37:58 2017] : Alhandra: "Because otherwise, the more the merrier"
[Thu Mar 16 21:38:09 2017] : Adwulf: "Perhaps you also will distract us from the recent loss of a friend"
[Thu Mar 16 21:38:11 2017] : Alhandra: "Ha! then we'll be fast friends!"
[Thu Mar 16 21:38:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "Though I'm not sure why that is a desired trait"
[Thu Mar 16 21:39:14 2017] : Cuichelm: "Looking at your map it looks like we could work our way all around the edges of the region"
[Thu Mar 16 21:39:41 2017] : Alhandra: "Sounds like a plan"
[Thu Mar 16 21:39:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "West or east?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:40:05 2017] : Cuichelm: "I have no preference."
[Thu Mar 16 21:40:35 2017] : Adwulf: "If we're worried about the river source, pehaps West would be a good choice"
[Thu Mar 16 21:40:40 2017] : Alhandra: "West"
[Thu Mar 16 21:40:52 2017] : DM: ooc /me looks up the encounters for West...
[Thu Mar 16 21:40:53 2017] : Eadfrid: "Very well, west it is."
[Thu Mar 16 21:41:00 2017] : Alhandra: "Just because and unless anyone has a better suggestion"
[Thu Mar 16 21:41:46 2017] : DM: ooc someone choose a hex, and I'll reveal it on the map...
[Thu Mar 16 21:42:12 2017] : Cuichelm: "It's not so much the source being a worry as that it has accrued a lot of detritus on its journey"
[Thu Mar 16 21:42:21 2017] : Alhandra: ooc yeah that one
[Thu Mar 16 21:43:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "Of course, any location can potentially be good for water"
[Thu Mar 16 21:43:36 2017] : Adwulf: ooc this is like Catchphrase
[Thu Mar 16 21:43:39 2017] : Cuichelm: "Dig deep enough, and magic can help here, and there's water"
[Thu Mar 16 21:43:48 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:16 2017] : DM: As you explore...
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:18 2017] : DM: [1d100(32)] = 32
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:20 2017] : DM: [1d100(19)] = 19
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:22 2017] : DM: [1d100(89)] = 89
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:25 2017] : Alhandra: ooc have we found the source?
[Thu Mar 16 21:44:48 2017] : DM: ooc yes, you have - it's a small muddy pond, up in the forest.
[Thu Mar 16 21:45:13 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Rejoice!
[Thu Mar 16 21:45:22 2017] : DM: There's a human skeleton, still wrapped in tattered clothes, with its leg caught in a vicious bear-trap.
[Thu Mar 16 21:45:47 2017] : Alhandra: ooc at the source?
[Thu Mar 16 21:45:58 2017] : Alhandra: ooc or just right there in the middle of nowhere?
[Thu Mar 16 21:46:21 2017] : DM: ooc in the forest.
[Thu Mar 16 21:46:30 2017] : Adwulf: "Alhandra, what do you make of this?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:46:43 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Thu Mar 16 21:46:52 2017] : DM: ooc back at the beginning of the campaign, you found a lot of traps near here.
[Thu Mar 16 21:46:58 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf gives it a good looking over
[Thu Mar 16 21:47:42 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Thu Mar 16 21:47:57 2017] : Alhandra: "not sure"
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:01 2017] : Alhandra: Survival: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:10 2017] : DM: ooc Heal, to deal with dead bodies etc.
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:13 2017] : Alhandra: "It's not even clear what kind of skeleton it is"
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:19 2017] : Alhandra: Heal: [1d20(11) + 2 + 0] = 13
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:30 2017] : Alhandra: ooc like that helps :'(
[Thu Mar 16 21:48:32 2017] : DM: There's not enough of the body left to tell when the man died, but it looks like it was within the last couple of months - and a couple of weeks ago at least, given the fact there's no meat left.
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:01 2017] : Alhandra: "Ideas as to what creature this is?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:12 2017] : Alhandra: ooc or are we sure it's a human?
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:24 2017] : DM: ooc humanoid, at least.
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:27 2017] : Adwulf: "Looks human to me"
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:31 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:34 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:45 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(10) + 12] = 22
[Thu Mar 16 21:49:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:18 2017] : DM: Cuichelm and Adwulf spot a small shape in the trees, about the size of a cat.
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:20 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:31 2017] : DM: It's a lizard with butterfly wings, like a small dragon.
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:39 2017] : Adwulf: "Whats that up there?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:40 2017] : DM: When he notices you watching him, he flutters down.
[Thu Mar 16 21:50:58 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(3) + 11] = 14
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:02 2017] : Perlivash: "I thought you lot had all died! I haven't seen you in aaaaages!"
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "You know this creature?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:23 2017] : Perlivash: "You remember meee, though, don't you? Except you, Mr Elfy, I haven't seen you before."
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "He's friendly."
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:40 2017] : Adwulf: "in a way"
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:44 2017] : Perlivash: "What about the grumpy one? Did he die? That's not him in the trap, I know that."
[Thu Mar 16 21:51:49 2017] : Cuichelm: "Thankyou Eadfrid"
[Thu Mar 16 21:52:04 2017] : Adwulf: "No, he didn't die, but he's no longer with us"
[Thu Mar 16 21:52:23 2017] : Perlivash: "Too grumpy. I knew it."
[Thu Mar 16 21:52:31 2017] : Perlivash: Perlivash nods, decisively.
[Thu Mar 16 21:52:33 2017] : Adwulf: "You may hear him howl on the full moon"
[Thu Mar 16 21:52:46 2017] : Alhandra: ooc we know this thing?
[Thu Mar 16 21:53:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc yeah, tricksy wee thing
[Thu Mar 16 21:53:08 2017] : Perlivash: ooc you met him (and his friend) near the beginning of the campaign. They played tricks on you until you caught them.
[Thu Mar 16 21:53:18 2017] : Perlivash: "Oooh! That sort of grumpy! We'll tie pinecones to his tail."
[Thu Mar 16 21:53:26 2017] : Perlivash: "Do you think he'd like that?"!
[Thu Mar 16 21:53:29 2017] : Eadfrid: "You know this forest well, and we don't want to get in your way. Where would you site a new village?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:54:30 2017] : Perlivash: "Villages don't live in forests, silly. Villages live in farms, where there's walky-people food, and all the best stuff isn't way up heeere!" Perlivash flaps off up into the canopy, then dives down, throwing a pinecone half-heartedly at Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 16 21:55:04 2017] : Eadfrid: "Not forest. Ok."
[Thu Mar 16 21:55:15 2017] : Perlivash: "See this walky-man? He liked setting traps, just to watch things die, and then... snap! And villages cut down trees, and that seems a bit mean."
[Thu Mar 16 21:55:35 2017] : Adwulf: "What about on the other edge of the forest?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:55:54 2017] : Perlivash: "Much better to go and plant houses near water. Lakes. Lake-fairies are really annoying, and if you could wind them up it would be really good."
[Thu Mar 16 21:56:06 2017] : Adwulf: "So he set all those traps?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:56:26 2017] : Cuichelm: "Ah, that brings us back to the larger stockade on your map"
[Thu Mar 16 21:56:29 2017] : Perlivash: "Yes he did. All of them, and this one. He should have watched where he was going more!"
[Thu Mar 16 21:56:34 2017] : Eadfrid: "Annoy the lake fairies. Ok."
[Thu Mar 16 21:57:12 2017] : Perlivash: "Yes. Throw stones in the lake. That always makes them cross, and then they try to get you, but they can't fly, so it's hilarious!"
[Thu Mar 16 21:57:26 2017] : Adwulf: "ok, so should we head down there and scout around?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:57:32 2017] : Alhandra: ooc lol@ AEafrid ticking off his list
[Thu Mar 16 21:57:47 2017] : Alhandra: "but were is there a lake?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:58:01 2017] : Perlivash: ooc the bandit fort is on the edge of a lake
[Thu Mar 16 21:58:07 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm says a greeting in draconic
[Thu Mar 16 21:58:36 2017] : Perlivash: ooc the map is... less clear where you haven't explored.
[Thu Mar 16 21:58:48 2017] : Perlivash: Perlivash looks blankly at Cuichelm
[Thu Mar 16 21:59:06 2017] : Perlivash: "I thought you were Mr Elfy, not Mr Dragony. Don't breathe fire, will you?"
[Thu Mar 16 21:59:17 2017] : Cuichelm: "Apologies, one likes to flex ones languages to keep them current"
[Thu Mar 16 21:59:22 2017] : Perlivash: And he flutters off again, gone as quickly as he appeared.
[Thu Mar 16 21:59:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc scout hexes in that order?
[Thu Mar 16 22:00:00 2017] : Adwulf: ooc could skip #1 for now
[Thu Mar 16 22:00:14 2017] : DM: ooc Delphine - the bandit fort is at the black star, right at the bottom of the map - you'll need to scroll it a bit.
[Thu Mar 16 22:00:36 2017] : Cuichelm: "We may as well make our way round through these areas almost on the way"
[Thu Mar 16 22:01:05 2017] : Cuichelm: "That way we will have mapped as much as possible"
[Thu Mar 16 22:01:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Do we have time if settlers are arriving?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:01:34 2017] : DM: ooc you've been out for 5 days so far - it's 1 day to explore a plains hex, 2 days for any other terrain.
[Thu Mar 16 22:01:51 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc settlers arrive in a month?
[Thu Mar 16 22:02:09 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 16 22:02:21 2017] : Cuichelm: "I think that we have time"
[Thu Mar 16 22:02:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc DM said 6 hexes
[Thu Mar 16 22:02:42 2017] : DM: ooc that was including travel time to get back to Oleg's :-)
[Thu Mar 16 22:02:51 2017] : Cuichelm: "The note was quite clear that exploration should be completed"
[Thu Mar 16 22:03:55 2017] : Adwulf: "We can cover the area around the site, and then do the rest later"
[Thu Mar 16 22:04:07 2017] : Alhandra: "Well, they kind of sprang this on us"
[Thu Mar 16 22:04:15 2017] : Alhandra: "So yes, let's do that"
[Thu Mar 16 22:04:35 2017] : Adwulf: ooc changing requirements too late in the project
[Thu Mar 16 22:04:54 2017] : DM: ooc yep - it's nice to be a customer for a change ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:10 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc ha
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:14 2017] : DM: As you head south, the journey is peaceful enough.
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:17 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I totally missed the statement about 6 hexes
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:36 2017] : DM: The former temple, though still ruined, is no longer as oppressive as it was before you lifted the curse on it.
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:40 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lucky you're not playing a witch
[Thu Mar 16 22:05:59 2017] : DM: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:05 2017] : DM: As you're exploring...
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:11 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:16 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:19 2017] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I worked it out in days and thought we could do them all!
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:29 2017] : Cuichelm: Perception: [1d20(8) + 12] = 20
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:48 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 22:06:59 2017] : DM: Adwulf and Cuichelm hear a high-pitched "yipping" sound
[Thu Mar 16 22:07:21 2017] : Adwulf: "Whats that?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:07:51 2017] : DM: ooc Craig - you're forgetting the travel time between them, and also that the brown hexes are hills not plains
[Thu Mar 16 22:08:47 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc OK, misunderstood
[Thu Mar 16 22:09:15 2017] : DM: As you follow the noises, you come to a clearing in the forest; there's a pit in the centre, and the noises are coming from the pit.
[Thu Mar 16 22:09:23 2017] : DM: Survival checks, please.
[Thu Mar 16 22:09:29 2017] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(17) + 0] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 22:09:31 2017] : Cuichelm: Survival: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu Mar 16 22:09:58 2017] : Alhandra: Survival: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Thu Mar 16 22:10:10 2017] : Alhandra: ooc puppies!
[Thu Mar 16 22:10:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(18) + -1] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 22:10:28 2017] : DM: Adwulf and Alhandra both know it's likely to be an animal in the pit trap, and Eadfrid points out that it sounds like a carnivore.
[Thu Mar 16 22:10:42 2017] : Adwulf: "Careful!"
[Thu Mar 16 22:11:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid takes a careful look into the pit
[Thu Mar 16 22:11:11 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf slowly inches towards the pit
[Thu Mar 16 22:11:19 2017] : DM: Reflex save please Eadfrid!
[Thu Mar 16 22:11:45 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Thu Mar 16 22:11:53 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc Eadfrid falls into the pit
[Thu Mar 16 22:12:02 2017] : Alhandra: ooc seriously? lol
[Thu Mar 16 22:12:10 2017] : Adwulf: ooc thats just careless
[Thu Mar 16 22:12:12 2017] : DM: As Eadfrid approaches, the soft earth at the edge of the pit collapses, and he slides - muddy but unharmed - into the pit.
[Thu Mar 16 22:12:37 2017] : DM: The animal, a striped creature about the size of a dog, pounces frantically, half-mad with hunger.
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:06 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8 (untrained: 8)
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:09 2017] : DM: Initiative, please.
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:13 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 1 + 2] = 17
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:15 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:16 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 3] = 9
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:23 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 16 22:13:49 2017] : DM: Eadfrid knows it's not a common animal; Cuichelm guesses it's a thylacine - a strange animal, a bit like a jackal, but adapted to temperate forests.
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:02 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:04 2017] : Cuichelm: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 10] = 11
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:05 2017] : Cuichelm: Talon: Celestial Eagle: 2 talons [1d20(7) + 3] = 10; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[1d20(4) + 3] = 7; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2] = 3 HP

[Thu Mar 16 22:14:15 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc node typing!
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:20 2017] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:36 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc I actually typed... Tasmanian tiger!
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:50 2017] : DM: Alhandra, you're first. You can see that Eadfrid's fallen in the pit, and there's a snarling sound as the animal pounces on him.
[Thu Mar 16 22:14:56 2017] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Thu Mar 16 22:15:41 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra assesses quickly how fragile the pit's edge is and approaches as much as she deems safe
[Thu Mar 16 22:15:47 2017] : Alhandra: And shoots.
[Thu Mar 16 22:15:55 2017] : DM: Brush Thylacine: AC = 16
[Thu Mar 16 22:15:59 2017] : Alhandra: ooc is the pit large enough that I can do this?
[Thu Mar 16 22:16:14 2017] : DM: ooc yes, it is - especially since it now has a sloping side
[Thu Mar 16 22:16:36 2017] : Alhandra: Longbow (30ft): [1d20(5) + 5] = 10 Damage: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5 HP;
[Thu Mar 16 22:16:42 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Thu Mar 16 22:16:57 2017] : DM: Alhandra narrowly misses Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 16 22:17:11 2017] : DM: Eadfrid? You're prone, and the striped animal is right next to you.
[Thu Mar 16 22:17:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Grapple the creature.
[Thu Mar 16 22:17:52 2017] : Eadfrid: CMB: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Thu Mar 16 22:18:04 2017] : DM: It gets an AoO as you try to grab it:
[Thu Mar 16 22:18:08 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14 - Damage: [1d6(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:18:17 2017] : DM: CMD: [10 + 6] = 16
[Thu Mar 16 22:18:34 2017] : DM: but you manage to take hold of its leg, and haul it off you a bit.
[Thu Mar 16 22:18:40 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Thu Mar 16 22:19:13 2017] : Cuichelm: Cuichelm holds out his hand and utters an incomprehensible word. Those looking see his hand become wooden looking as a shortspear extrudes from it
[Thu Mar 16 22:19:25 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc bold, dang
[Thu Mar 16 22:19:33 2017] : Cuichelm: Splintered Spear (Range 100 ft): [1d20(19) + 6] = 25 Damage: [1d6(4) + 5] = 9 HP . [Thu Mar 16 22:19:43 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Thu Mar 16 22:20:00 2017] : DM: The spear magically flies true, looking almost like Cuichelm's a druid.
[Thu Mar 16 22:20:20 2017] : DM: The thylacine snarls, and it's Adwulf's turn.
[Thu Mar 16 22:20:38 2017] : Adwulf: Not willing to shoot his friend, Adwulf moves into the pit and attacks
[Thu Mar 16 22:20:48 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10 Damage: [1d6(5) + 1] = 6 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:20:54 2017] : Adwulf: Done
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:26 2017] : DM: Adwulf doesn't help much, and in fact he just gives Eadfrid a distracting poke in the shoulder.
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:33 2017] : DM: It glances off Eadfrid's armour.
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:34 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:45 2017] : DM: The animal keeps snapping at Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:47 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(2) + 4] = 6 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 4] = 9 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:21:55 2017] : Adwulf: ooc should've shot him
[Thu Mar 16 22:22:32 2017] : DM: It gets its jaws latched on to his arm, holding tight to the armour. Eadfrid can feel the power behind the bite, but his arm - though gripped - is not injured.
[Thu Mar 16 22:22:35 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Thu Mar 16 22:23:24 2017] : Alhandra: Seeing that everyone's not being really effective, Alhandra tries to enhance their performance
[Thu Mar 16 22:23:26 2017] : Alhandra: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 2 minutes.
[Thu Mar 16 22:23:54 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 16 22:23:56 2017] : Alhandra: done.
[Thu Mar 16 22:24:54 2017] : Eadfrid: It has me grapped now, right?
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:24 2017] : DM: ooc no, that's just fluff
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:28 2017] : DM: You have it grappled.
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Oh, ok.
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Attempt a pin.
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:47 2017] : Eadfrid: CMB: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Thu Mar 16 22:25:52 2017] : Eadfrid: :(
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:05 2017] : Eadfrid: Release and stand-up (AoO).
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:16 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 4] = 9 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:38 2017] : DM: As Eadfrid stands up, he's vulnerable for a moment, and the thylacine bites his leg.
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:53 2017] : Alhandra: ooc guys, can you please quite the whole biting bit?
[Thu Mar 16 22:26:58 2017] : Alhandra: ooc thanks ;)
[Thu Mar 16 22:27:05 2017] : DM: 9 damage (AoO is resolved before the standing up, so your AC is 15 at the time)
[Thu Mar 16 22:27:07 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Thu Mar 16 22:27:11 2017] : DM: Cuichelm?
[Thu Mar 16 22:27:18 2017] : Cuichelm: Splintered Spear (Range 100 ft): [1d20(2) + 6] = 8 Damage: [1d6(4) + 5] = 9 HP . [Thu Mar 16 22:27:26 2017] : Cuichelm: Done
[Thu Mar 16 22:27:45 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc 1 ongoing bleed damage
[Thu Mar 16 22:28:28 2017] : DM: The wound bleeds a bit, but the second spear misses.
[Thu Mar 16 22:28:56 2017] : DM: ooc btw, I always assume you're shooting cautiously into melee, and therefore the target gets +4 to AC but you don't hit your allies.
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:06 2017] : DM: ooc if you want to take the risk, you have to say so explicitly.
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:08 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:09 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc agreed
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:16 2017] : Adwulf: ooc also agreed
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:28 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries to stab it
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:30 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16 Damage: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:29:36 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 16 22:30:12 2017] : DM: Adwulf manages to land a blow.
[Thu Mar 16 22:30:21 2017] : DM: The thylacine turns to bite this new threat.
[Thu Mar 16 22:30:32 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14 - Damage: [1d6(2) + 4] = 6 HP.
[Thu Mar 16 22:30:48 2017] : DM: Its wounds are distracting it, though, and it fails to get past Adwulf's guard.
[Thu Mar 16 22:30:50 2017] : DM: Alhandra?
[Thu Mar 16 22:32:04 2017] : Alhandra: Alhandra nocks an arrow and shoots into the pit
[Thu Mar 16 22:32:10 2017] : Alhandra: Longbow: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14 Damage: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7 HP;
[Thu Mar 16 22:32:15 2017] : Alhandra: Longbow (30ft): [1d20(6) + 5] = 11 Damage: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6 HP;
[Thu Mar 16 22:32:20 2017] : DM: A miss.
[Thu Mar 16 22:32:29 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 16 22:33:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Draw great sword
[Thu Mar 16 22:33:26 2017] : DM: ooc you have a MW greatsword now, remember - and Adwulf, you should update your armour when you get a moment.
[Thu Mar 16 22:33:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword, masterwork: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17; Hit: [2d6(5,4) + 4] = 13 damage.
[Thu Mar 16 22:33:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 16 22:33:49 2017] : DM: Eadfrid finally gets enough space to take a swing, and the animal is put out of its misery in one blow.
[Thu Mar 16 22:34:59 2017] : Eadfrid: "I was going to try and release it, but it was just too enraged."
[Thu Mar 16 22:36:05 2017] : Adwulf: "Oh well"
[Thu Mar 16 22:36:41 2017] : DM: You carry on exploring, and soon enough you reach the bandit fort.
[Thu Mar 16 22:36:41 2017] : Adwulf: "We should be on the lookout for more traps"
[Thu Mar 16 22:36:45 2017] : Alhandra: "Pfff. Hopefully there aren't too many of those enraged things around?
[Thu Mar 16 22:37:16 2017] : DM: The bodies have stopped smelling bad, and have mostly been picked clean by crows and other scavengers.
[Thu Mar 16 22:38:01 2017] : DM: The stash of tools and trade goods is still in the basement where you left it, and the swarms of spiders that the old druid summoned have not reappeared. There are only natural cobwebs down there.
[Thu Mar 16 22:38:39 2017] : Adwulf: "Oh that reminds me. Cuichelm, could you have a look at this helm?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:38:59 2017] : Cuichelm: "Sure"
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:02 2017] : Adwulf: "I'm a little unsure about wearing it until I know more about it"
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:06 2017] : DM: Exploring the area, you find that the fort is in a good location indeed: there's flat enough land around it to build houses; the river and the lake provide both water and a potential source of fish, and they might even become trade routes in time.
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:11 2017] : Cuichelm: Spellcraft - Identify: [1d20(11) + 13] = 24
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:16 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf hand over the Stag Lords helm
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:34 2017] : Alhandra: "Looking at it in this light, this seems like a good place for a capital"
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "Apart from the zombies."
[Thu Mar 16 22:39:48 2017] : Cuichelm: "Indeed"
[Thu Mar 16 22:40:19 2017] : Cuichelm: "They would need to be sorted"
[Thu Mar 16 22:40:48 2017] : Adwulf: "Alhandra, can you tell us where the zombies are?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:41:08 2017] : Alhandra: Detect Undead: Level 1 - Detect Undead in 60ft cone while concentrating for up to 2 minutes
[Thu Mar 16 22:41:28 2017] : Adwulf: "So, Cuichelm, what do you think? Safe or not?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:41:31 2017] : DM: The helm is powerful magic. It enables the wearer to see further and hear better, and gives them the ability to catch targets unawares. Details: http://wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk/wiki/Stag's_Helm
[Thu Mar 16 22:41:42 2017] : DM: Cuichelm doesn't know what the worry was about.
[Thu Mar 16 22:41:56 2017] : Adwulf: "Ok, thanks for that"
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:00 2017] : Cuichelm: "It certainly seems to be"
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:04 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf puts the helm on
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:09 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I wouldn't have detect evil prepared though.
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:21 2017] : Alhandra: ooc I don't think (but I'm super tired and can't think straight)
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:39 2017] : DM: ooc but you've been travelling for days, and you knew this was coming.
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:52 2017] : DM: ooc Adwulf: Fortitude save please ;-)
[Thu Mar 16 22:42:56 2017] : DM: ooc /me cackles
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:01 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I hate you
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:07 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:08 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:12 2017] : DM: ooc (no, not really - but I thought it would be fun to wind you up)
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:23 2017] : Cuichelm: ooc ROFL
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:24 2017] : Adwulf: ooc :/
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:34 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'll get you Gadget!
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:41 2017] : DM: Alhandra scans the area, and discovers that the undead aren't there at the moment - there is something stranger going on.
[Thu Mar 16 22:43:52 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Religion, please.
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:00 2017] : Adwulf: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Religion: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9 (untrained: 9)
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:22 2017] : Cuichelm: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:29 2017] : Alhandra: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:35 2017] : Alhandra: ooc SERIOUSLY
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:38 2017] : DM: Cuichelm is the only one with a theory.
[Thu Mar 16 22:44:58 2017] : DM: He suggests that maybe there are bodies that are getting turned into undead somehow.
[Thu Mar 16 22:45:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "Yes, but where have they gone?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:46:00 2017] : Adwulf: "and will they come back?"
[Thu Mar 16 22:47:43 2017] : DM: ooc you could find out... :-)
[Thu Mar 16 22:49:20 2017] : DM: As you debate what approach to take with the zombies, a voice says...
[Thu Mar 16 22:49:22 2017] : DM: GAME END