Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Thu Mar 2 19:51:47 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Thu Mar 2 19:53:04 2017] : DM: You have defeated the Stag Lord and his bandits, and now you are exploring his fort. As Adwulf takes the great skull-shaped helm from the bandit lord's head, he gasps
[Thu Mar 2 19:53:14 2017] : Adwulf: "Gasp"
[Thu Mar 2 19:53:41 2017] : DM: The man's face is badly scarred, and twisted: it looks like he was burned horribly, many years ago.
[Thu Mar 2 19:54:05 2017] : Adwulf: "I hope the helm didn't cause this"
[Thu Mar 2 19:54:50 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is the helm magical?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:55:13 2017] : Adwulf: "I've no idea"
[Thu Mar 2 19:55:29 2017] : Adwulf: "Slightly wary of putting it on now"
[Thu Mar 2 19:55:30 2017] : DM: There are scars across the man's shoulders and arms, and down his chest as well.
[Thu Mar 2 19:55:55 2017] : DM: It looks like, if the scarring is from the helm, it's survivable at least.
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:07 2017] : DM: ooc Can clerics cast Detect Magic?
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:10 2017] : DM: ooc :-)
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:17 2017] : Guthmund: "I reckon his bow is better than mine. Here Eadfrid, have mine and I'll have his"
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:35 2017] : Guthmund: ooc if they selected it as an orison then yes
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:49 2017] : Eadfrid: "Thanks,"
[Thu Mar 2 19:57:11 2017] : DM: Alhandra takes a look at the helm, and announces that it is indeed enchanted
[Thu Mar 2 19:57:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "A good bow proved useful today."
[Thu Mar 2 19:57:24 2017] : Eadfrid: "Maybe not put it on just yet."
[Thu Mar 2 19:57:58 2017] : Adwulf: "Maybe I'll wait a day"
[Thu Mar 2 19:58:35 2017] : DM: Apart from that, you explore the fort. The owlbear hoots and screeches from inside its cage.
[Thu Mar 2 19:59:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "What do we do with that beast? Looks dangerous."
[Thu Mar 2 19:59:28 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please!
[Thu Mar 2 19:59:37 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:00:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:00:31 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:01:11 2017] : Guthmund: "I'm not sure that we should let it loose"
[Thu Mar 2 20:01:15 2017] : DM: You all spot some strange scribbles on the walls in the central area.
[Thu Mar 2 20:01:25 2017] : Guthmund: "Although the one we saw in the forest let us alone"
[Thu Mar 2 20:01:42 2017] : DM: It's on the fragments of ancient plaster that still, in places, cling to the stonework.
[Thu Mar 2 20:01:57 2017] : Adwulf: What are these?
[Thu Mar 2 20:02:15 2017] : Eadfrid: "Looks old."
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:05 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks, but has little understanding of scribbles so does not pay much attention
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:06 2017] : DM: Linguistics check, if you like ;-)
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:15 2017] : Adwulf: Linguistics: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:29 2017] : Adwulf: ooc good old single rank
[Thu Mar 2 20:04:28 2017] : DM: Adwulf takes a look, and reckons the writing's very old - more than a century, looking at the bits of visible handwriting - but it's clearly graffiti and not very legible at that.
[Thu Mar 2 20:04:52 2017] : DM: Presumably either the original inhabitants, or the people who lived here after the fort was first abandoned, liked drawing on the walls.
[Thu Mar 2 20:04:58 2017] : DM: This place clearly has a long history.
[Thu Mar 2 20:05:23 2017] : Adwulf: "I dont think it means much, but this place is clearly very very old"
[Thu Mar 2 20:06:15 2017] : Adwulf: "Perhaps the skeletons were the original inhabitants"
[Thu Mar 2 20:06:45 2017] : DM: ooc zombies :-p
[Thu Mar 2 20:07:11 2017] : Guthmund: "They still had flesh, so not likely"
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:38 2017] : Guthmund: "So what do we do about the owl-bear?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:57 2017] : Guthmund: "And what about this mad fella?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:58 2017] : Eadfrid: "Are they tameable?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:08 2017] : Adwulf: "I think we either let it go, or kill it. Leaving it to starve is cruel"
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:16 2017] : DM: ooc Knowledge: Nature for Eadfrid
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:20 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21 (untrained: 10)
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:24 2017] : Guthmund: "I don't know. They are magical, not really my remit"
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:10 2017] : DM: Eadfrid thinks he's heard stories of tame owlbears, but can't remember any details.
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:14 2017] : Adwulf: "The thing thats bothering me, is why is it here in the first place?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:55 2017] : Adwulf: "Unless anyone can think of a good reason to keep one as an unwilling pet"
[Thu Mar 2 20:11:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "No."
[Thu Mar 2 20:12:38 2017] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19
[Thu Mar 2 20:12:55 2017] : Guthmund: ooc sorry, kids were being dicks
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:04 2017] : DM: Guthmund points out that they're trainable as cubs, but not as adults
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:20 2017] : DM: In the absence of a plan to keep the owlbear, you have to make a decision... there's a rope over the other side of the courtyard that clearly opens the rough portcullis
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:36 2017] : Guthmund: "We could just let it go free"
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:43 2017] : Adwulf: "I vote let it go"
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:51 2017] : Guthmund: "I'm not aware that they are inherently evil"
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "We're far away from any settlement, it shouldn't endanger anyone."
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:04 2017] : Guthmund: "Though this one may now have a hatred of people"
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:27 2017] : Guthmund: "Let's let it go, and if it attacks, then we'll have to kill it"
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:52 2017] : Eadfrid: "Aye"
[Thu Mar 2 20:15:42 2017] : Guthmund: "I suggest we make the way out obvious, and stay out of reach/sight once we open the cage"
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:04 2017] : Adwulf: "Yes"
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:13 2017] : DM: ooc randomly selected letter for my "large mini" :-)
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:18 2017] : Adwulf: ooc where is the rope pulled from?
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:33 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid makes sure the main gate is fully open.
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:37 2017] : Guthmund: ooc is there anything we can use to corrall the creature towards the main gate?
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:45 2017] : DM: ooc I've put Adwulf next to the rope.
[Thu Mar 2 20:17:07 2017] : DM: You could drag beds and crates around to make a rough wall.
[Thu Mar 2 20:18:00 2017] : Guthmund: ooc 3 beds?
[Thu Mar 2 20:18:15 2017] : DM: ooc you can find enough things to barricade where you've drawn the lines
[Thu Mar 2 20:18:43 2017] : Guthmund: "We can leave a gap in the North-East one and pull it to close the gap after we open the cage"
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:06 2017] : Guthmund: "Unless the rope can be pulled from behind the North-West one?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:11 2017] : DM: ooc there IS an upstairs if you want to use it.
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:20 2017] : DM: The rope won't reach over to the west.
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid takes position by the gates, behind the barricades, ready to close the gate once the beast has left.
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:47 2017] : DM: Adwulf could squeeze into the store-room behind the wall, where the owlbear probably wouldn't be able to reach him.
[Thu Mar 2 20:20:08 2017] : Adwulf: ooc 'probably'
[Thu Mar 2 20:20:15 2017] : Guthmund: "Adwulf, Ill pull the rope, get ready to help me heave the bed to close the gap"
[Thu Mar 2 20:20:23 2017] : Guthmund: "Ready?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:20:23 2017] : DM: ooc I wouldn't be a DM if I didn't let you worry!
[Thu Mar 2 20:20:48 2017] : Adwulf: "Ok. I'm ready"
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:16 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund heaves the rope as quickly as he can and steps to close the barrier afterwards
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:17 2017] : DM: You pull the rope...
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:22 2017] : DM: Initiative checks please!
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:27 2017] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:30 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:32 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:04 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 1 + 2] = 22
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:29 2017] : DM: Adwulf is a little slow to react.
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:32 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:39 2017] : Guthmund: ooc can I move with the rope, i.e. walk towards the gap as I pull it?
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:47 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:51 2017] : Eadfrid: Readying an attack.
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:52 2017] : Eadfrid: done.
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:00 2017] : DM: Trigger condition?
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:36 2017] : Eadfrid: Melee range
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:43 2017] : DM: OK
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:45 2017] : Eadfrid: and attacking
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:52 2017] : DM: Guthmund, it's a Strength check to close the barrier on your own.
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:54 2017] : Guthmund: ooc phew!
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:59 2017] : Guthmund: Strength: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15
[Thu Mar 2 20:24:28 2017] : DM: The barricade creaks over to one side.
[Thu Mar 2 20:24:41 2017] : DM: The owlbear steps out of its pen, then rushes for the exit.
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:11 2017] : DM: Alhandra has led the horses away, to keep them out of danger.
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:32 2017] : Guthmund: ooc naturally... avoiding the zombie graveyard too no doubt ;-)
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:32 2017] : DM: The owlbear runs out into the forest, deciding that these strange humans are not worth bothering with.
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:41 2017] : DM: ooc *towards* the forest.
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "Phew."
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:06 2017] : Guthmund: "I didn't much want to kill it"
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:21 2017] : DM: ooc XP will be added up later.
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:25 2017] : Adwulf: "Me neither, but you never know how it would react"
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:38 2017] : Guthmund: "Absolutely"
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:45 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets close the gate"
[Thu Mar 2 20:27:13 2017] : DM: The only thing left in the fort, as far as you know, is the old mad man in the basement.
[Thu Mar 2 20:27:18 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid pushes the gate closedand drops the bar in place.
[Thu Mar 2 20:27:21 2017] : Guthmund: "So, do we still have this mad person to think about?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "I guess we should go talk to him."
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:22 2017] : Adwulf: "I suppose so"
[Thu Mar 2 20:29:34 2017] : DM: Heading down into the basement?
[Thu Mar 2 20:29:37 2017] : Guthmund: "Let's hope his madness is not infectious"
[Thu Mar 2 20:29:42 2017] : Guthmund: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 2 20:30:21 2017] : DM: Who's going first, and what are you doing about light?
[Thu Mar 2 20:31:06 2017] : DM: ooc brb - drink
[Thu Mar 2 20:31:40 2017] : Adwulf: "Can either of you see in the dark?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:31:53 2017] : Eadfrid: No
[Thu Mar 2 20:31:55 2017] : Guthmund: "Nope"
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:14 2017] : Eadfrid: "No, there must be a lantern around somwehere." (he says, looking around)
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:14 2017] : Adwulf: (sigh) "I'll go first then"
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:23 2017] : Guthmund: "I have one"
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:45 2017] : Guthmund: ooc actually I have several torches
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:56 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf slowly walks down the stairs, looking for the mad man
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:58 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund ignites a torch"
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:03 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund ignites a torch
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:23 2017] : Guthmund: "You are right though, there should be some lanterns here"
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:08 2017] : DM: ooc there are lanterns around as well
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:19 2017] : DM: Perception please, Adwulf.
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:30 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:34 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund follows Adwulf
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:41 2017] : Adwulf: ooc still not wearing the helm
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:48 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid lights a lantern and follows.
[Thu Mar 2 20:37:36 2017] : Adwulf: "Keep that lantern back a bit. Dont want to scare him"
[Thu Mar 2 20:37:37 2017] : DM: Adwulf doesn't see anything in the cellar...
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:02 2017] : DM: There are dark recesses though, where the old man could be.
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:06 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid keeps his distance
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:35 2017] : Adwulf: "Adwulf carefully looks in each recess"
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:42 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I have dark vision btw
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:49 2017] : Guthmund: ooc ah!
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:11 2017] : DM: ooc OK... you don't see much, but suddenly a giant ant comes scuttling out of the corner.
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:19 2017] : Adwulf: ooc suddenly realised I hadn't made that clear
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:28 2017] : Adwulf: "Argh!"
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:34 2017] : DM: Initiative, please!
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:40 2017] : Adwulf: Intimidate: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:47 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 1 + 2] = 12
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:56 2017] : Adwulf: ooc wrong I
[Thu Mar 2 20:40:03 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(3) - 1] = 2
[Thu Mar 2 20:40:39 2017] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:01 2017] : DM: Guthmund, you hear Adwulf shout "Argh" from the basement.
[Thu Mar 2 20:42:46 2017] : Guthmund: Move into the room, dropping my torch onto the floor and drawing my sword
[Thu Mar 2 20:42:59 2017] : Guthmund: ooc move and action?
[Thu Mar 2 20:43:22 2017] : DM: Surprise round, so just a single action
[Thu Mar 2 20:43:25 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 20:43:27 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:13 2017] : Eadfrid: Down into the basement, place the lantern on the floor and draw my sword.
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:30 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:39 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 20:45:28 2017] : Adwulf: ooc If I moved onto the bottom of the stairs would I have a clear shot?
[Thu Mar 2 20:45:56 2017] : DM: ooc it would be tricky, given where Eadfrid and Guthmund are, but you would have line of sight.
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:09 2017] : Adwulf: ooc nah then
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:19 2017] : Guthmund: ooc move above me?
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:34 2017] : Adwulf: draw bow and move
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:43 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:49 2017] : DM: The ant scuttles forward and attacks Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:02 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 2] = 8 HP, and the target is grappled. "

[Thu Mar 2 20:47:20 2017] : DM: The ant grabs Eadfrid in its pincers.
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:26 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please!
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:33 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:35 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:36 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(20) + 6] = 26
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:08 2017] : DM: Guthmund hears some faint noises in the basement, like someone casting a spell, but almost growled.
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:12 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:59 2017] : Guthmund: "Someone is casting a spell, but it sounds odd... Like growling"
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:05 2017] : Eadfrid: Drop my sword, draw an axe and hack away at a mandible.
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:19 2017] : DM: Giant Ant: AC = 15
Speed=50', climb 20'
Darkvision 60'

[Thu Mar 2 20:49:22 2017] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18; Hit: [1d6(4) + 4] = 8 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:36 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:45 2017] : DM: The ant flinches but doesn't let go.
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:49 2017] : DM: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:21 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund steps out of Adwulf's way and hacks at the thing
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:32 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7 Damage: [2d4(1,2) + 9] = 12 HP; Power attack;
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:39 2017] : Guthmund: And misses
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:42 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:05 2017] : DM: Hmm. Critical miss, on a target grappling your ally. Reflex save DC 10, please, to avoid hitting Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:20 2017] : Guthmund: Reflex: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:28 2017] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:40 2017] : DM: Guthmund fumbles, but manages to turn the blade aside before he strikes Eadfrid instead of the ant.
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:46 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:46 2017] : Eadfrid: "Hit the ant! Not me!"
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:01 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf draws an arrow and shoots
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:03 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17, Damage: [1d8(5) + 2] = 7 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:21 2017] : Adwulf: Done
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:33 2017] : DM: Adwulf follows Eadfrid's advice, and puts an arrow into the ant.
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:51 2017] : DM: The ant holds on to Eadfrid, and tries to sting him.
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:54 2017] : DM: Sting: Attack: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6 - Damage: [1d4(2) + 2] = 4 HP, plus poison. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(2)] = 2 Strength damage.

[Thu Mar 2 20:53:04 2017] : DM: ... but it misses.
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:24 2017] : DM: Spider Swarm: AC = 17
Speed=20', climb 20'
Darkvision 60', Tremorsense 30'

[Thu Mar 2 20:53:38 2017] : DM: A swarm of spiders sweeps doen from the ceiling.
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:52 2017] : Guthmund: ooc bloody mad druids
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:20 2017] : Adwulf: "More bloody insects"
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc (yes, I know)
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:31 2017] : Guthmund: ooc not that Guthmund knows that of course
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:42 2017] : DM: [1d6(3)] = 3
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:43 2017] : DM: Swarm damage... Adwulf:
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:55 2017] : DM: Swarm damage... Eadfrid [1d6(3)] = 3
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:00 2017] : DM: Guthmund [1d6(3)] = 3
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:06 2017] : Adwulf: 3 Damage: Aldwulf takes 3 damage. [Thu Mar 2 20:55:10 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 3 damage. [Thu Mar 2 20:55:25 2017] : DM: and I need a Fort save from everyone, please.
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:33 2017] : Guthmund: Fortitude: [1d20(2) + 4] = 6
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:41 2017] : Guthmund: ooc ouch
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:43 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:56 2017] : DM: Guthmund takes [1d2(1)] = 1 Str damage.
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Fortitude: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:35 2017] : DM: And, clambering along the ceiling then dropping down to attack Guthmund, a wolverine bites at him!
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:47 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(2) + 8] = 10 - Damage: [1d4(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:54 2017] : DM: Miss.
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:58 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:17 2017] : Eadfrid: Swig a healing potion. [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:31 2017] : Eadfrid: And hack at the ant
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:34 2017] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe (melee): [1d20(18) + 6] = 24; Hit: [1d6(6) + 4] = 10 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:55 2017] : DM: A good hit, and the ant dies, letting go of Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 2 21:00:22 2017] : DM: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 21:00:36 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund steps, then attacks the wolverine
[Thu Mar 2 21:00:48 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24 Damage: [2d4(4,4) + 7] = 15 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8, Damage: [15 + 2d4(4,4) + 7] = 30 HP; Power attack;

[Thu Mar 2 21:01:15 2017] : DM: ooc a good time for it!
[Thu Mar 2 21:01:18 2017] : DM: Nugrah the Decrepit: AC: 12; Low-light Vision 60'; Scent; Speed 40', 40' Climb
[Thu Mar 2 21:01:41 2017] : DM: The wolverine snarls in pain.
[Thu Mar 2 21:02:02 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 21:02:07 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf steps to the side and shoots
[Thu Mar 2 21:02:23 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20, Damage: [1d8(7) + 2] = 9 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:02:53 2017] : DM: A good hit.
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:10 2017] : Adwulf: Done
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:23 2017] : DM: The spiders continue attacking.
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:36 2017] : DM: Adwulf:
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:38 2017] : DM: Swarm: Damage: [1d6(5)] = 5 HP, and the target is distracted (DC11 Will save to use skills; DC20+spell level to cast).
Poison: Fort DC 11 or take [1d2(2)] = 2 Strength damage.

[Thu Mar 2 21:03:43 2017] : DM: Eadfrid:
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:46 2017] : DM: Swarm: Damage: [1d6(3)] = 3 HP, and the target is distracted (DC11 Will save to use skills; DC20+spell level to cast).
Poison: Fort DC 11 or take [1d2(2)] = 2 Strength damage.

[Thu Mar 2 21:03:51 2017] : Adwulf: 5 Damage: Aldwulf takes 5 damage. [Thu Mar 2 21:03:59 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:05 2017] : Adwulf: ooc dammit
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:28 2017] : DM: The wolverine, cornered, bites and claws at Guthmund.
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:30 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15 - Damage: [1d4(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:31 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12 - Damage: [1d6(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:32 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(5) + 8] = 13 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 4] = 9 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:41 2017] : DM: He fends it off.
[Thu Mar 2 21:05:00 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:25 2017] : Eadfrid: 5 ft step and the kick the lantern I left on the ground so it breaks, spilling burning oil on the swarm.
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:41 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:55 2017] : DM: OK, [1d6(5)] = 5 fire damage to the swarm.
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:06 2017] : DM: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:11 2017] : Adwulf: ooc nice idea
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:37 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund steps, then attacks the wolverine
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:40 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8 Damage: [2d4(3,4) + 7] = 14 HP; Power attack;
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:46 2017] : DM: Miss.
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:51 2017] : Guthmund: ooc but is inherently rubbish
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:57 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:10 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:16 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf moves and shoots
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:18 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(19) + 4] = 23, Damage: [1d8(2) + 2] = 4 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:29 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:42 2017] : DM: A hit.
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:51 2017] : DM: ooc shouldn't that be 1d6 damage for a shortbow?
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:12 2017] : Adwulf: ooc possibly...
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:28 2017] : DM: The wolverine backs away into the tunnel.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:37 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28 - Damage: [1d4(1) + 4] = 5 HP.
Critical hit: [1d20(2) + 8] = 10, Damage: [5 + 1d4(3) + 4] = 12 HP

[Thu Mar 2 21:09:40 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27 - Damage: [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:42 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(15) + 8] = 23 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 4] = 10 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:54 2017] : DM: 20 damage to Guthmund.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:59 2017] : Adwulf: ooc fixed
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:23 2017] : Guthmund: ooc how can it back through my occupied square?
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:41 2017] : Guthmund: ooc it would need to bullrush me
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:43 2017] : DM: ooc 5ft step around the corner, but that's probably blocked.
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:57 2017] : DM: The spiders pursue Adwulf and Eadfrid, biting at any exposed skin.
[Thu Mar 2 21:11:01 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 5 damage. [Thu Mar 2 21:11:04 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 5 damage. [Thu Mar 2 21:11:07 2017] : DM: Swarm: Damage: [1d6(2)] = 2 HP, and the target is distracted (DC11 Will save to use skills; DC20+spell level to cast).
Poison: Fort DC 11 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Thu Mar 2 21:11:07 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 10 damage. [Thu Mar 2 21:11:10 2017] : DM: Swarm: Damage: [1d6(4)] = 4 HP, and the target is distracted (DC11 Will save to use skills; DC20+spell level to cast).
Poison: Fort DC 11 or take [1d2(2)] = 2 Strength damage.

[Thu Mar 2 21:11:17 2017] : Adwulf: 2 Damage: Aldwulf takes 2 damage. [Thu Mar 2 21:12:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Fortitude: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:20 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:21 2017] : Eadfrid: Noooo
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:31 2017] : DM: Eadfrid, you're up. And down 2 Str.
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:53 2017] : Eadfrid: Step forward and attack the wolverine.
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:06 2017] : DM: The spiders begin dissipating, heading off into dark corners, as the spell ends.
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:08 2017] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe (melee): [1d20(6) + 5] = 11; Hit: [1d6(2) + 3] = 5 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:16 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:23 2017] : DM: Nugrah the Decrepit: AC: 12; Low-light Vision 60'; Scent; Speed 40', 40' Climb
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:29 2017] : DM: A miss.
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:32 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:41 2017] : DM: ooc Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:43 2017] : DM: ooc oops
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:52 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf shoots again
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:55 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(2) + 4] = 6, Damage: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:03 2017] : Adwulf: Limply
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:05 2017] : DM: Another miss.
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:15 2017] : DM: ooc Guthmund, stabilisation check (sorry to miss you out!)
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:32 2017] : Guthmund: [1d20(16)] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:38 2017] : DM: Guthmund stops bleeding.
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:52 2017] : DM: The wolverine turns on Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:54 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc have a stabilitzation node. which you don't need anymore...
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:58 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(17) + 8] = 25 - Damage: [1d4(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:00 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(1) + 8] = 9 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 4] = 10 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:01 2017] : DM: Claw: Attack: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:06 2017] : DM: 8 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:09 2017] : Guthmund: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:12 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc 1 HP left
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:16 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:20 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I might need it in a minute
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:22 2017] : DM: The wolverine is badly injured.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:26 2017] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe (melee): [1d20(20) + 5] = 25; Hit: [1d6(4) + 3] = 7 damage.
Critical threat: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10; Hit: [7 + 1d6(4) + 3] = 14 damage

[Thu Mar 2 21:15:32 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:56 2017] : DM: Eadfrid cuts it deeply, and it begins to stagger.
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:00 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:04 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11, Damage: [1d6(6) + 2] = 8 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:11 2017] : Adwulf: ooc ffs!
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:19 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:31 2017] : DM: The wolverine bites Eadfrid once more...
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:33 2017] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(10) + 8] = 18 - Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:49 2017] : DM: And then, exhausted, it falls over and dies.
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:26 2017] : DM: ooc (it was at 0 HP; it took an action; its rage ended; and it lost the HP)
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:29 2017] : Guthmund: ooc that node works great David. Just needed to change Con to con
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:45 2017] : DM: Eadfrid, stabilisation please.
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:02 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Adwulf rolls vs temptation to loot his 'colleagues' 'corpses'
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:04 2017] : Eadfrid: I'm on 1 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:21 2017] : DM: ooc sorry, I was looking at Adwulf's AC.
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:43 2017] : Adwulf: ooc so was I!
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:49 2017] : DM: Combat over; Guthmund is unconscious in a heap, but there's nothing else moving down here. Just a few normal spiders.
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:06 2017] : Adwulf: ooc and some burning oil on the floor
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:10 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I have CLW potion on my belt
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:24 2017] : DM: ooc the CLW potion isn't moving :-p
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:30 2017] : Eadfrid: Eafrid takes the potion and feeds it to Guthmund. [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:06 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund wakes up from his slumbers
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:13 2017] : Adwulf: "Well that was unexpected"
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:13 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 4 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:20:41 2017] : DM: The wolverine turns back into an ancient human, half-starved and clad only in dirty rags.
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "What the..?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:35 2017] : Guthmund: "Hmm, I've heard of this"
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:47 2017] : Guthmund: "I think that druids can do this"
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:01 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(7) + 1] = 8 HP. Charges remaining: 39.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:07 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 8 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:22:12 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(8) + 1] = 9 HP. Charges remaining: 38.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:18 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 9 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:22:33 2017] : Guthmund: "Here you go Eadfrid"
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:37 2017] : Adwulf: "Wouldn't mind some of that healing too"
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:38 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(7) + 1] = 8 HP. Charges remaining: 37.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:40 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(6) + 1] = 7 HP. Charges remaining: 36.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:49 2017] : Guthmund: "Adwulf"
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:52 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(3) + 1] = 4 HP. Charges remaining: 35.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:53 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(5) + 1] = 6 HP. Charges remaining: 34.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:55 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(1) + 1] = 2 HP. Charges remaining: 33.
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:56 2017] : Adwulf: "Those spiders were nasty"
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:03 2017] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 4 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:23:06 2017] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:23:08 2017] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 2 HP. [Thu Mar 2 21:23:15 2017] : Adwulf: "Perfect, thanks"
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:24 2017] : DM: ooc are you all fighting over the potion of Lesser Restoration? ;-)
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:49 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I'll wait it out.
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:56 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc only +2 down
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:59 2017] : Adwulf: ooc same
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:02 2017] : DM: Now that you have time to look around, you see a vast stash of stolen goods.
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:10 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets see what we have down here"
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:35 2017] : Eadfrid: Eafrid looks for clues that might explain what the druid was doing down here.
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:47 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I'm only 1 down
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:27 2017] : DM: There's furs, tools, weapons, armour, metal ingots (mostly iron), and a heavy chest full of coin. There's too much to carry everything back to Oleg's in one go.
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:51 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc tamed owlbear as a beast of burden.
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:57 2017] : Adwulf: "I wonder how long they've been gathering this? Must've been years"
[Thu Mar 2 21:26:36 2017] : DM: As you investigate the fort, Eadfrid finds a battered notebook.
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:21 2017] : DM: In it are the Stag Lord's half-formed plans for building his "empire", and references to "the old man" and "a bond of blood".
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:41 2017] : DM: The references to the old man are split between loathing and protectiveness.
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:02 2017] : Guthmund: "His mad father perhaps?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:17 2017] : DM: The best guess you can find is that the old mad druid was the bandit lord's father, though why he was locked in the cellar is still a mystery.
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:40 2017] : Eadfrid: "I guess we'll never know the full story."
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:44 2017] : DM: ooc and a prize for Craig! :-)
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:59 2017] : DM: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Perhaps it runs in the family. The Stag Lord wasn't exactly sane either"
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:21 2017] : Guthmund: "What are we going to do with this stuff?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:56 2017] : Guthmund: "Perhaps bury the coin chest out of the way, and lug the rest back to Oleg's"
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:19 2017] : Guthmund: "He's probably got more immediate use for the gear"
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:48 2017] : Adwulf: ooc are there any more horses in the fort?
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:54 2017] : Guthmund: "An alternative might be to set up as another trading post"
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:17 2017] : Guthmund: "We're far enough from Oleg's to not poach on his business"
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:38 2017] : Eadfrid: "Is there anyone to trade with out here?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:45 2017] : DM: ooc there were two horses you've captured.
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:47 2017] : Guthmund: "It would be worth seeing if he agrees with us"
[Thu Mar 2 21:32:09 2017] : DM: Eadfrid: you've not seen anyone around except the bandits, and there's no roads or anything.
[Thu Mar 2 21:33:31 2017] : DM: Loading up the horses?
[Thu Mar 2 21:34:03 2017] : Guthmund: "OK, perhaps a bad idea... I just thought it might be easier than lugging all this stuff"
[Thu Mar 2 21:34:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 21:34:40 2017] : Eadfrid: "Let's load the goods up and get it to Oleg's. He's better at the commerce stuff than I would be anyway."
[Thu Mar 2 21:34:40 2017] : Guthmund: "Shall we bury the coin chest, or take that with us and hope to recover the other stuff at a later date?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:04 2017] : Guthmund: "We can probably take more if we walk with the horses"
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:25 2017] : Guthmund: Appraise: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:48 2017] : Guthmund: ooc trying to work out the most valuable stuff (other than coins)
[Thu Mar 2 21:36:01 2017] : DM: The particularly valuable items are the coins and a sack of stolen jewelry.
[Thu Mar 2 21:36:26 2017] : DM: It will be harder to sell all at once, of course, but with time Oleg will be able to get a good price for it.
[Thu Mar 2 21:36:57 2017] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:48 2017] : DM: You get all of the portable loot upstairs then, a while later once Alhandra has returned, you load it onto the horses.
[Thu Mar 2 21:39:18 2017] : DM: Which route are you taking back?
[Thu Mar 2 21:39:41 2017] : Guthmund: ooc we probably need to go back to a decent ford
[Thu Mar 2 21:39:55 2017] : Guthmund: ooc possibly as far back as the old bandit camp
[Thu Mar 2 21:40:08 2017] : DM: ooc there are two that you know of: one at the junction of the rivers, and one at the old camp.
[Thu Mar 2 21:40:50 2017] : Guthmund: ooc just follow upstream until we see a safe place to stop
[Thu Mar 2 21:40:56 2017] : Adwulf: ooc agreed
[Thu Mar 2 21:40:58 2017] : Guthmund: ooc err, cross
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:38 2017] : DM: You set off early the next morning, and make your way upstream.
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:55 2017] : DM: You ride for a day...
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:57 2017] : DM: [1d100(24)] = 24
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:59 2017] : DM: [1d100(29)] = 29
[Thu Mar 2 21:42:12 2017] : DM: And nothing much happens; you reach the site of the old bandit camp.
[Thu Mar 2 21:42:51 2017] : DM: You could camp here, or you could keep riding.
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:18 2017] : Guthmund: ooc aren't we walking so that the horses can carry more?
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:28 2017] : DM: ooc yes, sorry.
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:31 2017] : Guthmund: "Shall we stop here for the night?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:43 2017] : DM: ooc you make it to the ravine where the old bridge was.
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:44 2017] : Adwulf: "Dont think I fancy going on in the dark"
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:53 2017] : DM: It's tough going in the hills on foot.
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:04 2017] : Guthmund: "Let's rest here"
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:08 2017] : Eadfrid: "Camp here."
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:54 2017] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:02 2017] : DM: You light a campfire at evening, and before long you see a man approaching from the distance.
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:10 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks for a good place to camp
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:57 2017] : Wanderer: "Ho, the fire!"
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:00 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf draws his bow warily
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:29 2017] : Eadfrid: "Hello, stranger."
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:41 2017] : Wanderer: "Might I join your camp for the night?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:57 2017] : Guthmund: Sense Motive: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Sense Motive: [1d20(6) + -1] = 5
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:07 2017] : Adwulf: Sense Motive: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:10 2017] : Wanderer: The man is on foot, wearing leather armour and carrying a bow
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:18 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sure."
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:21 2017] : Guthmund: "There is safety in numbers"
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:35 2017] : Wanderer: He settles down gratefully, unrolling his bedroll.
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:08 2017] : Wanderer: "What brings you to these parts? And have you not heard of the bandits?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:19 2017] : Adwulf: "We've heard of them"
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:05 2017] : Eadfrid: "We might have seen a few bandits here and there."
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:30 2017] : Wanderer: "Then you are brave and lucky. They do not leave many alive."
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:37 2017] : Wanderer: [1d20(6) + 2] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:41 2017] : Adwulf: "You seem to be ok"
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:00 2017] : Wanderer: Guthmund and Adwulf feel that something is slightly off about the stranger
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:05 2017] : Wanderer: Perception checks, please.
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:10 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:22 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:47 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund remains on the alert
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:48 2017] : Wanderer: You can't quite tell what it is.
[Thu Mar 2 21:51:18 2017] : Wanderer: "I have some dried meat I can add to the rations, if you will. Consider it a gift for the fire."
[Thu Mar 2 21:51:26 2017] : Guthmund: "No thanks"
[Thu Mar 2 21:51:57 2017] : Wanderer: "Suit yourself."
[Thu Mar 2 21:52:18 2017] : Wanderer: The man starts eating the dried meat, chewing vigorously and enthusiastically.
[Thu Mar 2 21:53:53 2017] : Wanderer: ooc who's on watch?
[Thu Mar 2 21:53:57 2017] : Adwulf: "What brings you round here?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:45 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'll take first
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:58 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund tries to discretely tell the others of his misgivings about the stranger
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:02 2017] : Wanderer: "I'm a traveller, not a settler. I move across the hills, never in the same spot twice."
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:16 2017] : Wanderer: "I prefer my own company most nights."
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:49 2017] : Guthmund: "But not tonight?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:51 2017] : Eadfrid: "Where are you travelling to?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:56:29 2017] : Wanderer: "Travelling over to Pitax, now. There's good hunting in the woods."
[Thu Mar 2 21:56:52 2017] : Wanderer: "Not much settlement, either."
[Thu Mar 2 21:58:00 2017] : Wanderer: "And tonight, it feels like a bad night to be abroad. Just a feeling in my bones."
[Thu Mar 2 21:58:50 2017] : Wanderer: "Still, do you want to turn in? I'm happy to take a watch."
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:07 2017] : Adwulf: "No thanks, I've got this one"
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "No need the 4 of us have a routine."
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:38 2017] : Guthmund: "Rest easy"
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:42 2017] : Wanderer: "Suit yourselves."
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:56 2017] : Wanderer: The man tucks him self into his bedroll, and starts snoring loudly.
[Thu Mar 2 22:00:28 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund whispers to the others
[Thu Mar 2 22:00:59 2017] : Guthmund: "I suggest we double our watches, we can always rest longer tomorrow or at Oleg's"
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Agreed"
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:23 2017] : Adwulf: "Agreed"
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:36 2017] : Guthmund: "I'll sit with Adwulf first"
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:18 2017] : Wanderer: [1d4(2)] = 2
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:22 2017] : Guthmund: "One set of eyes on him, another on the surroundings"
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:27 2017] : Wanderer: Perception checks for Adwulf and Eadfrid, please.
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:36 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:52 2017] : Adwulf: ooc great pair we are
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:18 2017] : Wanderer: Neither of you notices when, a while after he stops snoring so loudly, the stranger gets up out of his bed.
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:35 2017] : Wanderer: He sneaks over to where Guthmund is sleeping...
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:43 2017] : Wanderer: One more perception check, please!
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:47 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:59 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:07 2017] : Wanderer: Adwulf hears a sword being drawn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Hey!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:36 2017] : Wanderer: Initiative, please.
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:40 2017] : Wanderer: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:43 2017] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:49 2017] : Wanderer: ooc my node is corrupted - having to do this the hard way.
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 1 + 2] = 7
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:58 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Thu Mar 2 22:05:20 2017] : Wanderer: Guthmund rolls aside, waking up at Adwulf's shout. The stranger is standing over Guthmund, sword drawn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:16 2017] : Wanderer: The man snarls in the moonlight, and his form twists, becoming more like a wolf.
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:26 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:28 2017] : Guthmund: ooc being expectant of trouble, my weapon is nearby and I'm in my armour (no buckler though)
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:42 2017] : Eadfrid: Draw my sword and attack.
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:45 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11; Hit: [2d6(3,2) + 4] = 9 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:54 2017] : Guthmund: ooc no silver though!
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:55 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:11 2017] : Werewolf: The man dodges easily.
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:27 2017] : Werewolf: He grins. "You'll have to try harder."
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:29 2017] : Werewolf: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:51 2017] : Adwulf: Draw bow move and shoot
[Thu Mar 2 22:08:06 2017] : Adwulf: ooc no
[Thu Mar 2 22:08:17 2017] : Adwulf: Draw rapier and flank
[Thu Mar 2 22:08:25 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25 Damage: [1d6(2) + 1] = 3 HP.
Critical threat: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22, Damage: [3 + 1d6(6) + 1] = 10 HP

[Thu Mar 2 22:08:44 2017] : Werewolf: A good hit, but it barely leaves a scratch.
[Thu Mar 2 22:08:45 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:29 2017] : Guthmund: Grab falchion and stand, chopping at him
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:46 2017] : Werewolf: Attack of opportunity:
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:52 2017] : Guthmund: ooc yup
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:55 2017] : Werewolf: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13 [1d8(7) + 6] = 13
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:00 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26 Damage: [2d4(2,3) + 7] = 12 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13, Damage: [12 + 2d4(2,3) + 7] = 24 HP; Power attack; Flanking;

[Thu Mar 2 22:10:06 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:07 2017] : Werewolf: Miss. He swings too hard, and leaves himself open.
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:20 2017] : Werewolf: ooc he missed, not you.
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:45 2017] : Werewolf: The werewolf keeps focusing on Guthmund.
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:52 2017] : Werewolf: Longsword: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7 [1d8(4) + 6] = 10
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:07 2017] : Werewolf: Bite: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21 [1d6(4) + 1] = 5
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:18 2017] : Werewolf: Critical? [1d20(11) + 1] = 12 [1d6(2) + 6] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:35 2017] : Werewolf: He bites Guthmund. 5 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:46 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:49 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18; Hit: [2d6(1,3) + 4] = 8 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:01 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:18 2017] : Werewolf: A miss. Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:21 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 5 damage. [Thu Mar 2 22:12:25 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14 Damage: [1d6(5) + 1] = 6 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:34 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:36 2017] : Werewolf: Miss. Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:43 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(20) + 7] = 27 Damage: [2d4(3,1) + 7] = 11 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11, Damage: [11 + 2d4(4,4) + 7] = 26 HP; Power attack; Flanking;

[Thu Mar 2 22:12:56 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:00 2017] : Werewolf: Another hit, but not quite as deep a cut as you would expect.
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:04 2017] : Guthmund: ooc keep missing the confirm
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:16 2017] : Werewolf: The werewolf, having injured Guthmund, turns to attack Eadfrid.
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:22 2017] : Werewolf: Longsword: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12 [1d8(5) + 6] = 11
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:26 2017] : Werewolf: Bite: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10 [1d6(6) + 1] = 7
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:43 2017] : Werewolf: ... but Eadfrid sidesteps easily.
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:49 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7; Hit: [2d6(6,1) + 4] = 11 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:21 2017] : Eadfrid: Reflex: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:25 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid badly mistimes his swing.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:29 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:37 2017] : Werewolf: ooc the reflex save is only when grappled.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:44 2017] : Werewolf: ooc too much randomness otherwise, I think.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:46 2017] : Werewolf: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:50 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12 Damage: [1d6(2) + 1] = 3 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:57 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:59 2017] : Werewolf: ... and Adwulf misses.
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:14 2017] : Werewolf: ooc remember you get Sneak Attack damage when flanking - you should have rolled it earlier, I think.
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:18 2017] : Adwulf: Sneak Damage: [1d6(2)] = 2
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:19 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:25 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21 Damage: [2d4(4,3) + 7] = 14 HP; Power attack; Flanking;
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:26 2017] : Adwulf: ooc always forget that
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:42 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund lands another heavy blow, taking advantage of e
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:49 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid and Adwulf distracting the enemy.
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:59 2017] : Werewolf: The werewolf turns on Adwulf.
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:05 2017] : Werewolf: Longsword: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14 [1d8(6) + 6] = 12
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:10 2017] : Werewolf: Bite: [1d20(19) + 1] = 20 [1d6(6) + 1] = 7
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:19 2017] : Adwulf: 7 Damage: Aldwulf takes 7 damage. [Thu Mar 2 22:16:22 2017] : Werewolf: He bits Adwulf, leaving a nasty wound.
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:24 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:34 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(14) + 6] = 20; Hit: [2d6(5,3) + 4] = 12 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:47 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid finally connects, leaving another cut.
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:48 2017] : Werewolf: Adwulf?
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:18 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10 Damage: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:21 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:26 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund?
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:27 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15 Damage: [2d4(4,3) + 7] = 14 HP; Power attack; Flanking;
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:32 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:10 2017] : Werewolf: The werewolf, seeing that Eadfrid is the only uninjured one, tries again.
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:13 2017] : Werewolf: Longsword: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25 [1d8(2) + 6] = 8
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:17 2017] : Werewolf: Bite: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7 [1d6(2) + 1] = 3
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:27 2017] : Werewolf: Critical? [1d20(9) + 6] = 15 [1d8(1) + 6] = 7
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:33 2017] : Werewolf: 8 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:35 2017] : Werewolf: Eadfrid?
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:03 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23; Hit: [2d6(5,6) + 4] = 15 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:41 2017] : Werewolf: Adwulf? The werewolf is now injured.
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:48 2017] : Adwulf: Seeing his attacks doing nothing, Adwulf attempts to help Guthmund (Aid Another)
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:52 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24 Damage: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:58 2017] : Adwulf: done
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:05 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund has an opportunity to strike.
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:08 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12 Damage: [2d4(1,1) + 7] = 9 HP; Power attack; Flanking;
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:14 2017] : Guthmund: ooc boo!
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:18 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:18 2017] : Werewolf: ... but he fails to capitalise.
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:44 2017] : Werewolf: The werewolf turns on Guthmund again, snapping at his face as he tries to dart past.
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:00 2017] : Werewolf: Bite: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10 [1d6(5) + 1] = 6
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:07 2017] : Werewolf: You each get an AoO.
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:12 2017] : Adwulf: Rapier +1: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24 Damage: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 HP.
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:17 2017] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26 Damage: [2d4(4,1) + 7] = 12 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21, Damage: [12 + 2d4(2,2) + 7] = 23 HP; Power attack; Flanking;

[Thu Mar 2 22:21:25 2017] : Guthmund: ooc Get in!
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:58 2017] : Werewolf: Guthmund cuts the stranger down, leaving him lying in a pool of blood.
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:20 2017] : Eadfrid: "Knew he was a shifty character."
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:31 2017] : Werewolf: ooc boom boom
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:57 2017] : Werewolf: I'm going to need fortitude saves from Adwulf and Guthmund, please.
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:57 2017] : Adwulf: "Crazy Wolverine-men?? Shifty Wolf-men?? What is going on?!
[Thu Mar 2 22:23:03 2017] : Adwulf: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:02 2017] : Guthmund: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 4] = 13
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:18 2017] : Guthmund: ooc that doesn't look too good!
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:27 2017] : Werewolf: ooc :-)
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:57 2017] : Adwulf: "Biting is just nasty"
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:02 2017] : Guthmund: ooc Awooooo!
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:10 2017] : DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully, and you wake up in the morning ready for the rest of the journey back to Oleg's.
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:25 2017] : DM: The wounds itch as they heal, but everything seems to be fine.
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:45 2017] : Guthmund: Heal: [1d20(17) + 1 + 0] = 18
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:55 2017] : Guthmund: ooc untrained
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:10 2017] : DM: Heal: [1d20(13) + 2 + 0] = 15
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:43 2017] : DM: Alhandra points out that a werewolf's bite can be dangerous, and that speaking to the priest when you get back to Oleg's would be a wise move...
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:50 2017] : DM: GAME END