Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jan 4 20:00:29 2017] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jan 4 20:00:30 2017] : Adwulf: aye
[Wed Jan 4 20:00:56 2017] : DM: You explored some more of the Greenbelt, including finding the old sycamore tree where the mites make their lair.
[Wed Jan 4 20:01:35 2017] : DM: You were able to trade for Svetlana's ring, with some tindertwigs; when you returned, both Oleg and Svetlana were delighted.
[Wed Jan 4 20:02:34 2017] : DM: Apart from that, there was little to report: except you also found the hidden cache at the foot of an old dead tree.
[Wed Jan 4 20:03:11 2017] : DM: ooc Has everyone (a) leveled up and (b) decided what loot they want to keep? In particular, I'm looking at the MW dagger, the MW studded leather, and the +1 rapier.
[Wed Jan 4 20:03:45 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I've levelled.
[Wed Jan 4 20:04:07 2017] : DM: ooc guessing Eadfrid has no interest in such light weapons.
[Wed Jan 4 20:04:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Levelled. I'll take the rapier if noone else wants it
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:24 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I'm levelled. If no-one else wants the dagger, I'll take it
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:36 2017] : Guthmund: ooc +1 to attack is always useful
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:37 2017] : DM: ooc OK, someone please remember to update the wiki ;-)
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:42 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hit point roll
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:44 2017] : Adwulf: [1d8(8)] = 8
[Wed Jan 4 20:05:48 2017] : Adwulf: oco yes!
[Wed Jan 4 20:08:14 2017] : Oleg: "Thank you for returning Svetlana's ring. It... means a lot to us."
[Wed Jan 4 20:08:38 2017] : DM: Oleg is obviously uncomfortable talking about emotional stuff
[Wed Jan 4 20:08:51 2017] : Adwulf: "You are welcome"
[Wed Jan 4 20:09:14 2017] : ** Stag Lord found the F6 macro key **
[Wed Jan 4 20:09:24 2017] : Oleg: "Do you know what you will do next?"
[Wed Jan 4 20:11:06 2017] : Eadfrid: "Perhaps a final attack on the bandits, get rid of them once and for all."
[Wed Jan 4 20:11:21 2017] : Oleg: "That... would be very brave of you."
[Wed Jan 4 20:11:40 2017] : Oleg: "If you are ready... I am sure the world would be a better place without them."
[Wed Jan 4 20:12:04 2017] : Adwulf: "A good idea Eadfrid"
[Wed Jan 4 20:12:44 2017] : Adwulf: "Likely others will take their place eventually, but that is no reason to leave them be"
[Wed Jan 4 20:13:16 2017] : Oleg: "Are there any supplies, or equipment, that you need?
[Wed Jan 4 20:13:32 2017] : Guthmund: "Are we sure that we are ready for that?"
[Wed Jan 4 20:13:38 2017] : Svetlana: "I will give you food for the journey. Plenty of it."
[Wed Jan 4 20:14:11 2017] : Eadfrid: "Some healing potions would be useful."
[Wed Jan 4 20:14:12 2017] : Guthmund: "I would like a bow that can handle my strength, and preferably a better quality sword"
[Wed Jan 4 20:15:05 2017] : Oleg: ooc Oleg can supply those - loot total is added up on the wiki page.
[Wed Jan 4 20:16:55 2017] : Oleg: "Here. If you do not break it, I will buy it back from you if you need."
[Wed Jan 4 20:17:49 2017] : Oleg: "Ride safely!"
[Wed Jan 4 20:17:58 2017] : Guthmund: ooc what was that that he gave?
[Wed Jan 4 20:18:44 2017] : DM: ooc a composite longbow, a MW falchion, some healing potions - I will let you handle the details.
[Wed Jan 4 20:19:01 2017] : DM: ooc Svetlana provided enough rations for you - that's my way of hand-waving the food shopping ;-)
[Wed Jan 4 20:19:08 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Wed Jan 4 20:19:55 2017] : Guthmund: ooc +4 mod longbow is 500GP, mw falchion is 375 GP. That's 875 out of our loot of 1484 gp which seems a little one-sided
[Wed Jan 4 20:20:11 2017] : DM: ooc could take a +2 longbow for now, for example.
[Wed Jan 4 20:20:51 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I'll take the bow and leave the falchion
[Wed Jan 4 20:22:14 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Jan 4 20:22:51 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I'll take 2x CLW potion
[Wed Jan 4 20:22:59 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc 100 gp total
[Wed Jan 4 20:23:04 2017] : DM: ooc :-)
[Wed Jan 4 20:23:27 2017] : Adwulf: ooc how much for a Comp +2 shortbow?
[Wed Jan 4 20:23:59 2017] : Akiros: ooc 280, I think
[Wed Jan 4 20:24:10 2017] : Akiros: Akiros steps over
[Wed Jan 4 20:24:37 2017] : Akiros: "Is there any information you need? Beware of the basement: the old man in there is... crazed. And dangerous."
[Wed Jan 4 20:25:25 2017] : Guthmund: "Who is he?"
[Wed Jan 4 20:26:05 2017] : Akiros: "I do not know. The Stag Lord keeps him close. Perhaps an advisor."
[Wed Jan 4 20:26:40 2017] : Eadfrid: "Crazy people generally give good advise."
[Wed Jan 4 20:26:48 2017] : Eadfrid: "Crazy people don't generally give good advise."
[Wed Jan 4 20:27:08 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I'll take that bow
[Wed Jan 4 20:27:10 2017] : Akiros: "The Stag Lord is not one to listen to advice at all, I would have said."
[Wed Jan 4 20:28:40 2017] : Akiros: "But beware of him, in any event."
[Wed Jan 4 20:29:03 2017] : Guthmund: ooc 300gp for the +2 bow
[Wed Jan 4 20:29:33 2017] : DM: ooc ready to set off?
[Wed Jan 4 20:30:31 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc ye
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:11 2017] : Adwulf: ooc yup
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:21 2017] : Eadfrid: "We'll need a plan to get inside -- I'm not sure we can talk our way in again."
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:24 2017] : Guthmund: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:27 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf flexes his new bow
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:41 2017] : DM: You ride for three days across the wilderness, following the river, and crossing at the easy ford.
[Wed Jan 4 20:31:53 2017] : DM: As you approach, you have plenty of time to plan the attack.
[Wed Jan 4 20:32:05 2017] : DM: ooc if there's anything you would have asked Akiros, you can do so now.
[Wed Jan 4 20:32:12 2017] : Adwulf: "Might be worth watching the camp and seeing if anyone comes out that we can ambush"
[Wed Jan 4 20:32:28 2017] : Adwulf: "Thin the group a little"
[Wed Jan 4 20:32:32 2017] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 4 20:32:51 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc do we know numbers and guard rotations?
[Wed Jan 4 20:33:19 2017] : DM: ooc you know there are at least ten people in the fort
[Wed Jan 4 20:33:42 2017] : DM: ooc the Stag Lord, the old man in the basement, Auchs (the huge dumb guy), and seven other bandits
[Wed Jan 4 20:34:16 2017] : Adwulf: "Theres no way we can take on ten of them toe-to-toe"
[Wed Jan 4 20:34:33 2017] : DM: ooc you know there are usually three on watch (one on each of the watch towers), but that may be thinner now you have killed some.
[Wed Jan 4 20:34:46 2017] : Guthmund: "Sounds like a plan Adwulf"
[Wed Jan 4 20:35:43 2017] : DM: You set up watch on a hilltop near the bandit camp.
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:03 2017] : DM: Stealth checks, please.
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:11 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:13 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(14) + -1 + 1] = 14
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:13 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(11) + -1 + 1] = 11
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:21 2017] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(6) + -3] = 3
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:44 2017] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 3] = 23
[Wed Jan 4 20:36:59 2017] : DM: Eadfrid makes a couple of mistakes in his approach, and the bandits call out
[Wed Jan 4 20:37:08 2017] : Bandit: "What was that? Did you see something?"
[Wed Jan 4 20:37:25 2017] : DM: They haven't definitely spotted you yet, but they're on alert.
[Wed Jan 4 20:37:45 2017] : Guthmund: ooc did we split some loot money earlier? My char sheet has 387gp on it. If so I'll buy the falchion myself.
[Wed Jan 4 20:37:50 2017] : DM: ooc I'm assuming you've left the horses somewhere safe.
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:03 2017] : DM: ooc I don't know if you split it or if it's all just in the pot.
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Get down Eadfrid!"
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:20 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I could fail spectacularly at making a noise of a wild boar. but perhaps not.
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:22 2017] : Adwulf: ooc I know nothing of any split.
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:28 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid ducks.
[Wed Jan 4 20:38:39 2017] : Guthmund: ooc OK, money on sheet is probably bogus
[Wed Jan 4 20:39:06 2017] : DM: Luckily for Adwulf, the wind is blowing away from the bandit camp, and his command is inaudible.
[Wed Jan 4 20:39:35 2017] : DM: After a while, the bandits stop looking, and they go back to normal. It's obvious that sneaking up the path is going to be a challenge...
[Wed Jan 4 20:39:52 2017] : DM: But lying in ambush might work.
[Wed Jan 4 20:39:56 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please (2 each).
[Wed Jan 4 20:40:00 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13
[Wed Jan 4 20:40:01 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Jan 4 20:40:12 2017] : Adwulf: *whispers*"Lets take this very slowly
[Wed Jan 4 20:40:17 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Jan 4 20:40:17 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Jan 4 20:41:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 20:41:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Jan 4 20:41:13 2017] : DM: For the first day, none of the bandits leaves the fort. It seems they're not very industrious.
[Wed Jan 4 20:41:39 2017] : DM: It's uncomfortable work, keeping watch, but you manage it; overnight on the first night a soft rain begins to fall.
[Wed Jan 4 20:42:38 2017] : DM: In the cold and wet, you almost miss a pair of bandits riding out of the fort.
[Wed Jan 4 20:43:21 2017] : DM: Stealth checks, please. You can Aid Another (except for the last person), or Take 10, if you like.
[Wed Jan 4 20:43:58 2017] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(10) + -3] = 7
[Wed Jan 4 20:44:09 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries to give Eadrid some pointers
[Wed Jan 4 20:44:36 2017] : Adwulf: ooc normal stealth roll?
[Wed Jan 4 20:44:52 2017] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(15) + 3] = 18
[Wed Jan 4 20:44:52 2017] : DM: ooc yep
[Wed Jan 4 20:44:53 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24
[Wed Jan 4 20:45:21 2017] : DM: Adwulf helps Eadfrid and Guthmund conceal themselves better.
[Wed Jan 4 20:45:24 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(8) + -1 + 1] = 8
[Wed Jan 4 20:45:24 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(12) + -1 + 1] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 20:45:39 2017] : DM: As the two bandits ride along, one of them nudges his friend.
[Wed Jan 4 20:45:51 2017] : Bandit: "Hey, Norry, there's a man over there!"
[Wed Jan 4 20:46:05 2017] : Bandit: "Bloody right! Let's get him!"
[Wed Jan 4 20:47:10 2017] : DM: It's obvious they've spotted you, Eadfrid: please roll Initiative
[Wed Jan 4 20:47:13 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Jan 4 20:47:19 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 1 + 2] = 21
[Wed Jan 4 20:48:34 2017] : DM: ooc Adwulf and Guthmund also get to roll - sorry ;-)
[Wed Jan 4 20:49:05 2017] : DM: Adwulf, Guthmund: you can act in a surprise round if you like, or you can wait until the bandits are closer.
[Wed Jan 4 20:49:05 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Jan 4 20:49:54 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf stays concealed and waits for the victims to get closer
[Wed Jan 4 20:50:24 2017] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Jan 4 20:50:49 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund sets his bow
[Wed Jan 4 20:50:59 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Jan 4 20:51:00 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jan 4 20:51:12 2017] : Eadfrid: How far away am I?
[Wed Jan 4 20:51:31 2017] : Eadfrid: How far away from the camp are we?
[Wed Jan 4 20:52:19 2017] : DM: You're about 400' - close enough to see shapes of people moving about
[Wed Jan 4 20:53:10 2017] : Eadfrid: How far from the two bandits?
[Wed Jan 4 20:53:25 2017] : DM: Currently about 100'
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Pretend I've not been spotted, but reay an attack on the first to get in charging range.
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:36 2017] : Eadfrid: 40 ft.
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:39 2017] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:50 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc bluff check?
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Bluff: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Jan 4 20:54:58 2017] : DM: ooc that's a good choice :)
[Wed Jan 4 20:55:21 2017] : Bandit: The bandits ride closer, then shoot at Eadfrid
[Wed Jan 4 20:55:38 2017] : Bandit: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(6) + 2] = 8 - Damage: [1d8(7)] = 7 HP.
[Wed Jan 4 20:55:39 2017] : Bandit: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16 - Damage: [1d8(7)] = 7 HP.
[Wed Jan 4 20:55:49 2017] : DM: Guthmund?
[Wed Jan 4 20:56:37 2017] : Guthmund: 5 Ft step, then attack
[Wed Jan 4 20:56:43 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4, Rapidshot): Attack 1 - [1d20(10) + 3] = 13 Damage: [1d8(7) + 4] = 11 HP; [Wed Jan 4 20:56:48 2017] : DM: Bandit: AC = 13
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:04 2017] : DM: One hit, and the bandit falls off his horse.
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:07 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:07 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:39 2017] : Adwulf: 5ft step and attack
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:43 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20, Damage: [1d8(2) + 2] = 4 HP.
[Wed Jan 4 20:57:57 2017] : DM: A hit, but the bandit's only wounded. Eadfrid?
[Wed Jan 4 20:58:27 2017] : Eadfrid: How far away are they now?
[Wed Jan 4 20:58:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Looks like 60 ft
[Wed Jan 4 20:58:48 2017] : DM: ooc about 60', yes
[Wed Jan 4 20:59:13 2017] : Eadfrid: Runnable terrain?
[Wed Jan 4 20:59:21 2017] : DM: Yes
[Wed Jan 4 20:59:57 2017] : Eadfrid: Run towards the one off their horse, drawing my sword, try and use the horse as cover from the other if possible.
[Wed Jan 4 20:59:59 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Jan 4 21:00:06 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc Run means -2 to AC I think.
[Wed Jan 4 21:00:26 2017] : DM: The bandit wheels his horse around and starts galloping back towards the fort.
[Wed Jan 4 21:00:37 2017] : DM: ooc /me does some maths.
[Wed Jan 4 21:00:54 2017] : DM: Guthmund, you're at a range of 260'.
[Wed Jan 4 21:01:26 2017] : Guthmund: Move 30 ft and shoot.
[Wed Jan 4 21:01:29 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4): [1d20(16) + 5] = 21 Damage: [1d8(1) + 4] = 5 HP;
[Wed Jan 4 21:01:54 2017] : DM: ooc does that include the range increments?
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:03 2017] : Guthmund: ooc no
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:10 2017] : DM: Still a hit
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:25 2017] : DM: The bandit staggers in the saddle, but...
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:29 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:41 2017] : DM: ... falls off, landing on the ground
[Wed Jan 4 21:02:44 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jan 4 21:03:08 2017] : Guthmund: ooc falling damage?
[Wed Jan 4 21:03:23 2017] : Guthmund: ooc /me looks innocently at the DM
[Wed Jan 4 21:03:23 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf runs as far as he can towards the bandit
[Wed Jan 4 21:03:51 2017] : DM: [1d6(1)] = 1
[Wed Jan 4 21:04:15 2017] : Adwulf: ooc which I think puts me there
[Wed Jan 4 21:04:16 2017] : DM: Eadfrid? The bandit at your feet is unconscious; his horse has not yet fled.
[Wed Jan 4 21:04:52 2017] : Eadfrid: Mount the horse and chase after the one just downed.
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:09 2017] : DM: Ride check for a fast mount, please.
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:11 2017] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:25 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid falls face first.
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:27 2017] : DM: Eadfrid struggles into the saddle and sets off in pursuit.
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:27 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:37 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Wed Jan 4 21:05:58 2017] : DM: The bandit staggers to his feet, shouting "We're under attack!", but doesn't make it far before he collapses.
[Wed Jan 4 21:06:12 2017] : DM: You've taken down two bandits, but stealth is lost.
[Wed Jan 4 21:07:46 2017] : Guthmund: ooc the camp is aware of us?
[Wed Jan 4 21:07:46 2017] : DM: The bandits at the fort climb up onto the watchtowers, looking out at you; there's a lot of milling around and confusion.
[Wed Jan 4 21:07:51 2017] : DM: ooc yes, they are.
[Wed Jan 4 21:08:34 2017] : DM: A voice yells "Bloody sort it out! How many?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:08:45 2017] : Adwulf: ooc Would it be a good idea to run away at this point?
[Wed Jan 4 21:08:46 2017] : DM: It sounds like there's someone at least trying to take command.
[Wed Jan 4 21:08:57 2017] : DM: ooc You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment ;-)
[Wed Jan 4 21:09:02 2017] : Eadfrid: The gate is closed?
[Wed Jan 4 21:09:08 2017] : DM: Yes, the gate is closed.
[Wed Jan 4 21:09:55 2017] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid, retreats back to the others.
[Wed Jan 4 21:10:35 2017] : Adwulf: "We are definitely outnumbered"
[Wed Jan 4 21:11:15 2017] : Eadfrid: Retreat and set up an ambush for anyone who attempts to follow?
[Wed Jan 4 21:11:18 2017] : Eadfrid: "Retreat and set up an ambush for anyone who attempts to follow?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:11:19 2017] : Guthmund: "Yes, but they are now two fewer"
[Wed Jan 4 21:11:43 2017] : Guthmund: "I suggest we leave and come back another time"
[Wed Jan 4 21:12:10 2017] : Guthmund: "We've thinned their numbers further, but we'll struggle to lay siege"
[Wed Jan 4 21:12:30 2017] : Guthmund: "How about we look for that boar?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:12:38 2017] : Eadfrid: "Ok."
[Wed Jan 4 21:12:52 2017] : Adwulf: "I too think we should go. Its unlikely we would all survive an attack on that number"
[Wed Jan 4 21:12:57 2017] : DM: It doesn't take long - just a few minutes - before the gates to the fort creak open, and six bandits ride out.
[Wed Jan 4 21:13:10 2017] : Adwulf: "The boar sounds good. Lets get out of here"
[Wed Jan 4 21:13:14 2017] : DM: One of them is a huge man, carrying a small tree as a club.
[Wed Jan 4 21:13:28 2017] : DM: They set off down the road, headed for your position...
[Wed Jan 4 21:13:57 2017] : Adwulf: "Gulp"
[Wed Jan 4 21:14:32 2017] : Eadfrid: "Time to retreat!"
[Wed Jan 4 21:14:46 2017] : Guthmund: "Let's go"
[Wed Jan 4 21:14:58 2017] : DM: OK, ride checks please
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:05 2017] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(19) + -2] = 17
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:10 2017] : Adwulf: Ride: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:31 2017] : Guthmund: ooc mine should be +3
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:37 2017] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:54 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:55 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jan 4 21:15:59 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:00 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:00 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:01 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:14 2017] : DM: Three of the bandits fall behind, but the others are still on your trail
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:19 2017] : DM: Another ride check, please
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:27 2017] : Adwulf: Ride: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:36 2017] : Guthmund: ooc how far?
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:44 2017] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Jan 4 21:16:58 2017] : DM: ooc I'm doing this in 5-minute increments
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:01 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:03 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:04 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:07 2017] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(11) + -2] = 9
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:21 2017] : DM: There's now only one of the bandits still following you, but he's gaining on you quickly.
[Wed Jan 4 21:17:46 2017] : Adwulf: ooc how far behind are the others?
[Wed Jan 4 21:18:14 2017] : DM: ooc they'll catch up within a minute - still within sight range at this stage
[Wed Jan 4 21:18:43 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets keep riding. Perhaps we can draw this one further out and attack him"
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:02 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund stops and takes a shot at the close rider
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:07 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4): [1d20(12) + 5] = 17 Damage: [1d8(3) + 4] = 7 HP;
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:17 2017] : DM: A hit! A palpable hit!
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:19 2017] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:20 2017] : Guthmund: Then carries on
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:32 2017] : DM: The bandit falls off his horse, giving you time to escape into the forest.
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:35 2017] : Guthmund: ooc fall damage ;-)
[Wed Jan 4 21:19:39 2017] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Jan 4 21:20:03 2017] : DM: [1d6(4)] = 4
[Wed Jan 4 21:20:08 2017] : DM: ooc :-p
[Wed Jan 4 21:20:18 2017] : DM: You've escaped into the forest.
[Wed Jan 4 21:20:55 2017] : Guthmund: "I think I may have got that last one"
[Wed Jan 4 21:21:06 2017] : Guthmund: "He certainly tumbled"
[Wed Jan 4 21:21:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Nice shooting"
[Wed Jan 4 21:21:42 2017] : Guthmund: ooc my ride check had two acp penalties
[Wed Jan 4 21:22:00 2017] : Eadfrid: "A small squad just isn't suited to seiging forts."
[Wed Jan 4 21:22:20 2017] : Guthmund: "I agree"
[Wed Jan 4 21:22:25 2017] : Adwulf: "No, but thats a couple more rotting in the dirt"
[Wed Jan 4 21:22:36 2017] : Eadfrid: "We would need to raise a militia."
[Wed Jan 4 21:22:41 2017] : DM: ooc not actually in the forest, just further away in the hills.
[Wed Jan 4 21:24:15 2017] : DM: You're a day's ride away from the boar's lair; there's also an area unexplored on the way there.
[Wed Jan 4 21:24:20 2017] : Guthmund: "But we can probably hit them again"
[Wed Jan 4 21:24:34 2017] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 4 21:25:01 2017] : Adwulf: "Aye, a hit and run from time to time. Keep their numbers down, like the vermin they are"
[Wed Jan 4 21:26:07 2017] : Adwulf: "I dont think we've been in this region before. Shall we take alook around?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:26:13 2017] : Eadfrid: "Sure."
[Wed Jan 4 21:27:27 2017] : Guthmund: "It's a bit of their own medicine
[Wed Jan 4 21:27:42 2017] : DM: You take some time to explore. It's another region of the hills; you find several thickets of thorny plants, with white flowers. They are covered in spiderwebs.
[Wed Jan 4 21:27:44 2017] : Eadfrid: "Raiding the raiders, ha!"
[Wed Jan 4 21:28:26 2017] : DM: Knowledge: Nature, please.
[Wed Jan 4 21:28:48 2017] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Jan 4 21:29:07 2017] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Jan 4 21:29:34 2017] : DM: Guthmund recognises the plants as fangberries; their vicious thorns make harvesting a challenge, but the berries are very useful in healing potions. This would be more useful in autumn...
[Wed Jan 4 21:30:12 2017] : Guthmund: "Let's make a note of the location, someone will likely find the information useful"
[Wed Jan 4 21:30:26 2017] : DM: Apart from that, you map out the land, but there are no significant resources.
[Wed Jan 4 21:30:29 2017] : Adwulf: "Someone with hefty gloves"
[Wed Jan 4 21:30:31 2017] : DM: [1d100(15)] = 15
[Wed Jan 4 21:31:08 2017] : DM: [1d100(21)] = 21
[Wed Jan 4 21:31:33 2017] : DM: You see another herd of elk in the distance, but they don't attack.
[Wed Jan 4 21:32:40 2017] : DM: Next steps?
[Wed Jan 4 21:33:16 2017] : Guthmund: "On the the tuskgutter?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:33:29 2017] : Adwulf: "Aye"
[Wed Jan 4 21:33:53 2017] : DM: You ride further north, heading into the forest.
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "I wonder if that hunter had any luck?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:08 2017] : DM: It doesn't take you long to track down the giant boar's lair.
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:15 2017] : DM: Perception checks, please...
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:19 2017] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:31 2017] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Jan 4 21:34:33 2017] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Jan 4 21:35:32 2017] : DM: There's no sign that the boar is nearby...
[Wed Jan 4 21:35:51 2017] : Guthmund: Track: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19
[Wed Jan 4 21:36:18 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund dismounts and looks for signs of the beast
[Wed Jan 4 21:36:27 2017] : DM: Guthmund soon picks up its tracks, and then in a hollow in the forest, you find a badly-decayed body
[Wed Jan 4 21:37:02 2017] : DM: Heal checks, please.
[Wed Jan 4 21:37:17 2017] : Eadfrid: Heal: [1d20(20) + -1] = 19
[Wed Jan 4 21:37:21 2017] : Adwulf: Heal: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Jan 4 21:37:43 2017] : Guthmund: Heal: [1d20(14) + 1 + 0] = 15
[Wed Jan 4 21:37:55 2017] : Guthmund: ooc untrained
[Wed Jan 4 21:38:18 2017] : DM: Eadfrid points out a hideous gash on the body's leg, that looks like it could be a tusk wound.
[Wed Jan 4 21:38:34 2017] : Guthmund: ooc a human body?
[Wed Jan 4 21:38:47 2017] : Guthmund: "Is this that fella that told us about the boar?"
[Wed Jan 4 21:39:07 2017] : DM: The body is too decayed to tell, but that's your best guess.
[Wed Jan 4 21:39:12 2017] : DM: It looks like he didn't make it...
[Wed Jan 4 21:39:13 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets see if there is anything identifiable on the body"
[Wed Jan 4 21:39:26 2017] : Guthmund: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 6] = 26
[Wed Jan 4 21:39:37 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf has a rummage through the pockets and any backpack etc
[Wed Jan 4 21:40:16 2017] : DM: You find the old hunter's bow, and three finely-made arrows.
[Wed Jan 4 21:40:34 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc magic?
[Wed Jan 4 21:40:58 2017] : DM: ooc MW longbow, and three animal-bane arrows.
[Wed Jan 4 21:41:59 2017] : Adwulf: "Hopefully we'll have more luck"
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:05 2017] : DM: Guthmund manages to follow the tracks, and you...
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:11 2017] : DM: Initiative please!
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:15 2017] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 0] = 12
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:18 2017] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:20 2017] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 1 + 2] = 10
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:23 2017] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 3] = 16
[Wed Jan 4 21:42:35 2017] : Guthmund: ooc I'll hold onto those arrows if no-one minds
[Wed Jan 4 21:43:24 2017] : DM: Guthmund spots the giant boar through the forest.
[Wed Jan 4 21:43:47 2017] : Adwulf: ooc fine
[Wed Jan 4 21:43:59 2017] : Eadfrid: ooc I don't use a bow so sure.
[Wed Jan 4 21:44:10 2017] : DM: There's enough trees in the way that it's not an easy shot.
[Wed Jan 4 21:44:53 2017] : DM: The boar hasn't noticed you yet. Guthmund, you're up.
[Wed Jan 4 21:45:31 2017] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(13) + 3] = 16
[Wed Jan 4 21:45:53 2017] : DM: Perception: [1d20(20) + 1 + 7] = 28
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:00 2017] : Guthmund: stealthily move 60 ft
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:08 2017] : Guthmund: ooc or not
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:12 2017] : DM: As Guthmund approaches, the boar lifts its head and snorts.
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:22 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:44 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries the same
[Wed Jan 4 21:46:48 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 10] = 29
[Wed Jan 4 21:47:19 2017] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Jan 4 21:47:24 2017] : DM: Adwulf doesn't provoke any more of a reaction.
[Wed Jan 4 21:47:46 2017] : DM: The boar turns around and charges Guthmund.
[Wed Jan 4 21:48:10 2017] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27 - Damage: [1d8(8) + 7] = 15 HP.
[Wed Jan 4 21:48:17 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jan 4 21:48:20 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 15 damage. [Wed Jan 4 21:49:39 2017] : Eadfrid: Double move
[Wed Jan 4 21:49:40 2017] : Eadfrid: done
[Wed Jan 4 21:49:54 2017] : DM: Guthmund/
[Wed Jan 4 21:50:25 2017] : Guthmund: 5ft step and shoot (-2 to attack on both)
[Wed Jan 4 21:50:33 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4, Bane arrow): [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 Damage: [1d8(3) + 6 + 2d6(4,3)] = 16 HP;
[Wed Jan 4 21:50:35 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4, Bane arrow): [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 Damage: [1d8(7) + 6 + 2d6(2,3)] = 18 HP;
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:04 2017] : DM: Two hits, and the boar roars in pain as the arrows bite deep into its shoulder.
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:07 2017] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:07 2017] : Adwulf: ooc well...
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:11 2017] : Adwulf: 5ft step and attack
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:22 2017] : Adwulf: Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24, Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP.
Critical threat: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7, Damage: [6 + 2d8(2,4) + 4] = 16

[Wed Jan 4 21:51:24 2017] : Adwulf: Sneak Damage: [1d6(4)] = 4
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:41 2017] : DM: ooc not a critical
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:43 2017] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Jan 4 21:51:55 2017] : DM: Adwulf scores a good hit
[Wed Jan 4 21:52:19 2017] : DM: The boar attacks Guthmund again, in a blind fury
[Wed Jan 4 21:52:26 2017] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17 - Damage: [1d8(8) + 7] = 15 HP.
[Wed Jan 4 21:52:39 2017] : DM: And, fortunately for Guthmund, misses
[Wed Jan 4 21:52:40 2017] : Guthmund: miss
[Wed Jan 4 21:52:43 2017] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Jan 4 21:53:35 2017] : Eadfrid: 5 ft step and attack.
[Wed Jan 4 21:53:43 2017] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15; Hit: [2d6(4,5) + 6] = 15 damage.
[Wed Jan 4 21:53:48 2017] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Jan 4 21:54:11 2017] : DM: A miss - the boar fights on. Guthmund?
[Wed Jan 4 21:54:35 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund steps back and used the last bane arrow
[Wed Jan 4 21:54:39 2017] : Guthmund: Longbow (Comp +4, Bane arrow): [1d20(15) + 7] = 22 Damage: [1d8(1) + 6 + 2d6(5,3)] = 15 HP;
[Wed Jan 4 21:55:08 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund drops the bow and draws his falchion
[Wed Jan 4 21:55:11 2017] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Jan 4 21:56:17 2017] : DM: Another good hit, and the boar finally drops.
[Wed Jan 4 21:56:41 2017] : Eadfrid: "Nice shooting!"
[Wed Jan 4 21:56:47 2017] : Guthmund: "Thank goodness for those arrows!"
[Wed Jan 4 21:56:47 2017] : DM: It seems impossible for something to keep fighting when it's that badly wounded, but boars are known for their ferocity.
[Wed Jan 4 21:57:07 2017] : Adwulf: "Those arrows really seemed to hurt it!"
[Wed Jan 4 21:57:08 2017] : Guthmund: "They had far more to do with the result than my shooting, I'm sure"
[Wed Jan 4 21:57:14 2017] : Guthmund: "But thanks anyway"
[Wed Jan 4 21:57:53 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund sheaths his falchion and picks up the bow
[Wed Jan 4 21:58:20 2017] : Guthmund: ooc mightily glad I went for the comp +4 bow at the start of the session!
[Wed Jan 4 21:58:25 2017] : DM: There's little treasure to be found on a boar's body, of course, but there's some good meat.
[Wed Jan 4 21:58:30 2017] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Wed Jan 4 21:58:37 2017] : DM: This one is likely to be old and stringy, but what a story to tell!
[Wed Jan 4 21:58:39 2017] : DM: ooc :-)
[Wed Jan 4 21:59:14 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund pulls out the CLW wand
[Wed Jan 4 21:59:18 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(4) + 1] = 5 HP. Charges remaining: 46.
[Wed Jan 4 21:59:24 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 5 HP. [Wed Jan 4 21:59:28 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(5) + 1] = 6 HP. Charges remaining: 45.
[Wed Jan 4 21:59:34 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Jan 4 21:59:38 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(1) + 1] = 2 HP. Charges remaining: 44.
[Wed Jan 4 21:59:44 2017] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 2 HP. [Wed Jan 4 21:59:56 2017] : Guthmund: "That ought to do it"
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:03 2017] : Guthmund: "Is anyone else hurt?"
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:18 2017] : Eadfrid: No
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:23 2017] : Adwulf: "No, I think you held its attention very thoroughly"
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:25 2017] : DM: You've now been away from the bandit fort for three days; it'll be 5 days by the time you get back there. Are you heading to the fort or to Oleg's?
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:37 2017] : Guthmund: "I thought that I was a goner at one point"
[Wed Jan 4 22:00:53 2017] : Guthmund: "Shall we return to the camp?"
[Wed Jan 4 22:01:21 2017] : Adwulf: "Ok, but lets be extra careful this time. They'll likely be looking out for us"
[Wed Jan 4 22:01:42 2017] : Guthmund: "I'd suggest that we try to approach from a different direction, but I'm not sure what the river and lake allow us to do"
[Wed Jan 4 22:01:42 2017] : Adwulf: "I expect theres a good chance of an ambush"
[Wed Jan 4 22:01:45 2017] : Eadfrid: "I'll stay out of the way, well out of sight this time."
[Wed Jan 4 22:02:23 2017] : Guthmund: "We need you close enough... "
[Wed Jan 4 22:02:39 2017] : Guthmund: "You might want to have a try with the bow that we found"
[Wed Jan 4 22:02:43 2017] : Adwulf: "I'll scout a little ahead"
[Wed Jan 4 22:03:12 2017] : Eadfrid: "I could try the bow but I'd be most effective with my sword."
[Wed Jan 4 22:03:40 2017] : Guthmund: "Sure, but not if they are hundreds of feet away, or running away"
[Wed Jan 4 22:03:50 2017] : Eadfrid: "True."
[Wed Jan 4 22:03:58 2017] : Guthmund: "It's a good bow"
[Wed Jan 4 22:04:01 2017] : Eadfrid: "Are there any spare arrows?"
[Wed Jan 4 22:04:14 2017] : Guthmund: "I have some"
[Wed Jan 4 22:04:21 2017] : Adwulf: Adwulf hands over a few
[Wed Jan 4 22:04:35 2017] : Guthmund: Guthmund gives you 5 arrows
[Wed Jan 4 22:04:38 2017] : DM: You ride back to the bandit fort but, as you have seen before, there's only one gate. The other sides of the little hill are bare, and the bandits don't watch them as thoroughly as they do the path up to the gate.
[Wed Jan 4 22:05:02 2017] : Guthmund: "I can give you more if you need them, but this is more precaution than anything else"
[Wed Jan 4 22:05:48 2017] : Guthmund: ooc presumably the hunter had a quiver with normal arrows?
[Wed Jan 4 22:06:24 2017] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 4 22:06:28 2017] : DM: ooc 18 of them
[Wed Jan 4 22:07:53 2017] : DM: The fort is visible against the sunset, the bandits standing on watch, and they look extra vigilant for now.
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:01 2017] : Guthmund: "Take the quiver Eadfrid, it gives you somewhere to put the arrows"
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:26 2017] : Adwulf: "Lets wait for nightfall"
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:34 2017] : Guthmund: ooc nobody outside the fort?
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:42 2017] : DM: ooc nobody patrolling outside.
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:44 2017] : Guthmund: "Sure thing Adwulf"
[Wed Jan 4 22:08:46 2017] : DM: Night falls...
[Wed Jan 4 22:09:28 2017] : DM: 300xp each, for exploring, defeating bandits, and defeating Tuskgutter
[Wed Jan 4 22:09:31 2017] : Guthmund: "How about we fire some flaming arrows into the fort?"
[Wed Jan 4 22:09:53 2017] : DM: and... GAME END