Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 23 20:00:53 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 23 20:01:03 2016] : DM: ooc can someone do a recap for Delphine please?
[Wed Nov 23 20:01:57 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yes please :)
[Wed Nov 23 20:02:01 2016] : Guthmund: We've continued exploring
[Wed Nov 23 20:02:19 2016] : Guthmund: Discovered an old temple, and a friendly NPC cleric
[Wed Nov 23 20:02:47 2016] : Guthmund: Got back from mapping to find that the guy in the fort has been kidnapped
[Wed Nov 23 20:03:17 2016] : Guthmund: Found that is was an elaborate trap to get us to kill someone in the main bandit camp
[Wed Nov 23 20:03:52 2016] : Guthmund: But we had to take the job as we were otherwise powerless to save the guy
[Wed Nov 23 20:04:05 2016] : Guthmund: We've made it to the bandit camp
[Wed Nov 23 20:04:39 2016] : DM: ooc "Guy in the fort" == Oleg, who runs the trading post :)
[Wed Nov 23 20:04:40 2016] : Alhandra: ooc trap from who?
[Wed Nov 23 20:05:29 2016] : Eadfrid: The stag lord's 2nd in command.
[Wed Nov 23 20:07:05 2016] : DM: The former second-in-command, Dovan, wants you to kill the current second-in-command, Akiros.
[Wed Nov 23 20:07:24 2016] : Alhandra: ok
[Wed Nov 23 20:07:33 2016] : DM: Dovan said that if he does not receive proof within ten days, he will start returning Oleg to his wife, a piece at a time.
[Wed Nov 23 20:07:40 2016] : DM: Dovan is not a very nice man.
[Wed Nov 23 20:08:59 2016] : DM: You haave arrived at the bandit camp, and come up with a plan.
[Wed Nov 23 20:09:39 2016] : DM: The last bit of discussion is on the wiki (http://wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk/wiki/The_Stolen_Land, under "Campaign Diary")
[Wed Nov 23 20:09:51 2016] : Guthmund: sorry, my account may hav been a bit brief
[Wed Nov 23 20:10:10 2016] : DM: As you approach the fort, a horn sounds
[Wed Nov 23 20:10:16 2016] : DM: baaaaaAAARRRPP!
[Wed Nov 23 20:11:01 2016] : DM: It's obvious you've been spotted. Nothing happens, yet, and as you reach the gates, a voice calls down "Who are you lot, then?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:11:58 2016] : Adwulf: "By the bloody bones of St Gilmorg, who wants to know?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:12:21 2016] : DM: "Well, I haven't bloody seen you before, 'ave I?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:12:40 2016] : Adwulf: "Not likely"
[Wed Nov 23 20:12:50 2016] : DM: There's a sound of someone stomping down rickety stairs, and then the gate rattles as it is unbarred, and then it opens.
[Wed Nov 23 20:12:59 2016] : Alhandra: ooc brb need to say good night to kids
[Wed Nov 23 20:13:26 2016] : DM: The bandits' fort lies open to you, and in front of you is a man with singularly bad hygiene. He smells.
[Wed Nov 23 20:14:03 2016] : DM: "Name's Jeb. They call me Dirty Jeb, 'cos I don't fight fair."
[Wed Nov 23 20:14:18 2016] : DM: He says this with some pride, and is clearly unaware of his nickname's real meaning.
[Wed Nov 23 20:15:04 2016] : Adwulf: "I'll keep it in mind"
[Wed Nov 23 20:15:26 2016] : DM: "So, like I said, 'oo are you lot and wot are you doin' 'ere?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:16:13 2016] : Adwulf: "Names Wulf. Joined up with Kressie a few weeks back"
[Wed Nov 23 20:16:39 2016] : DM: Jeb looks impressed
[Wed Nov 23 20:16:51 2016] : DM: "Not many dare call her that."
[Wed Nov 23 20:16:51 2016] : Guthmund: "She said we had potential"
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:06 2016] : DM: Bluff check, please - Guthmund can aid another.
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:17 2016] : Adwulf: "Not to her face anyhow!"
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:22 2016] : DM: Wisdom: [1d20(14) + -1] = 13
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:24 2016] : Adwulf: Bluff: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:29 2016] : Guthmund: Bluff: [1d20(16) + -2 + 0] = 14
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:55 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid is keeping quiet for now.
[Wed Nov 23 20:17:57 2016] : DM: "Well, what brings you here? Kressle was working away from here, I heard."
[Wed Nov 23 20:18:57 2016] : Adwulf: "She sent us back this way, mopping up anything left. Reckoned we needed to call in here"
[Wed Nov 23 20:19:04 2016] : DM: In the background, several other bandits are ambling about; the fort is a ramshackle place built around the ruins of an old stone building.
[Wed Nov 23 20:19:10 2016] : DM: "Got any loot?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:19:29 2016] : Dirty Jeb: ooc I set up name macros to make this easier and then forgot to use them!
[Wed Nov 23 20:19:54 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund gives him a look
[Wed Nov 23 20:20:06 2016] : Adwulf: "Got a bit. Drank a bit of it, and then lost some on that damn bridge!"
[Wed Nov 23 20:21:06 2016] : Dirty Jeb: "You didn't bloody fall in, did you? And you're talking potential? Anyway, if you're drinking the boss' booze, there'll be trouble. I want to watch this."
[Wed Nov 23 20:21:26 2016] : Dirty Jeb: He turns to look over his shoulder, trying to spot someone
[Wed Nov 23 20:21:50 2016] : Adwulf: "Damn thing collapsed under one of the horses. Barely stopped it getting swept away"
[Wed Nov 23 20:22:37 2016] : Adwulf: (to guthmund) "Hand me one of those Liquor bottles"
[Wed Nov 23 20:22:44 2016] : Dirty Jeb: "You mean you came down the wrong side of the river?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:23:03 2016] : Dirty Jeb: Jeb is no longer calling someone over, but he's almost falling over laughing
[Wed Nov 23 20:23:36 2016] : Adwulf: "Aye. I think someone was having a laugh when they told us how to get here"
[Wed Nov 23 20:23:59 2016] : Dirty Jeb: Bluff check please :)
[Wed Nov 23 20:24:06 2016] : Adwulf: Bluff: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Nov 23 20:24:08 2016] : Guthmund: Bluff: [1d20(18) + -2 + 0] = 16
[Wed Nov 23 20:24:37 2016] : Guthmund: "Apparently the ground was 'firmer' on this side"
[Wed Nov 23 20:24:47 2016] : Dirty Jeb: "Yeah, probably right. Anyway, that booze. Better tell the boss, or at least let someone else tell him. Hey, Akiros!"
[Wed Nov 23 20:25:04 2016] : Dirty Jeb: The last two words are said in a shout
[Wed Nov 23 20:25:15 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid makes careful note of who Akiros is.
[Wed Nov 23 20:25:26 2016] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Nov 23 20:25:35 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Nov 23 20:25:47 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Nov 23 20:26:05 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Nov 23 20:26:14 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19
[Wed Nov 23 20:26:21 2016] : DM: ooc welcome back Delphine :)
[Wed Nov 23 20:26:40 2016] : DM: ooc I have added a mini near the gates.
[Wed Nov 23 20:27:20 2016] : DM: You all hear a hooting sound, like the owlbear you saw in the woods. It's coming from behind the bars you can see ahead and to the right.
[Wed Nov 23 20:27:22 2016] : Alhandra: ooc sorry I've been back all this time ;)
[Wed Nov 23 20:27:32 2016] : DM: ooc that's down and left on the map.
[Wed Nov 23 20:28:56 2016] : Adwulf: "Whats that hooting noise? An Owl"
[Wed Nov 23 20:29:15 2016] : DM: A greying man pokes his head out of the building beyond. He looks up at Jeb.
[Wed Nov 23 20:29:39 2016] : Akiros: "Who's shouting now?" he asks, unimpressed, as he walks over.
[Wed Nov 23 20:30:06 2016] : Akiros: "Jeb, you've left the bloody gates open. Shut those. And how long have you been talking to visitors when anyone could have walked in?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:30:48 2016] : Akiros: "Right, you lot must be new. Why are you here, instead of at your camp?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:31:36 2016] : Adwulf: "Kressie sent us off raiding. Reckoned we should call in here"
[Wed Nov 23 20:32:20 2016] : Akiros: "Just calling in, with no invitation? You're brave or you're fools. Which is it?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:33:13 2016] : Guthmund: "She gave us some booze to bring"!
[Wed Nov 23 20:33:16 2016] : Adwulf: "I'd like to think we're not fools"
[Wed Nov 23 20:33:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "I think we might not have been brought up to speed on all the rules."
[Wed Nov 23 20:33:49 2016] : Akiros: "Well, hand it over, and I'll take it to the boss. He ran out two days ago and he's had the shakes ever since."
[Wed Nov 23 20:34:24 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf retrieves the bottles and hands them over
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:04 2016] : Akiros: Akiros takes the liquor and goes back into the building at the back of the fort. There's a joyful cry, then a groan; Akiros reappears shortly afterwards.
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:24 2016] : Akiros: "Well, you've made his day. Here, he sent a bonus for you."
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:33 2016] : Akiros: Akiros hands over 20gp
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:51 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ta"
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:58 2016] : Adwulf: "Nice to be appreciated"
[Wed Nov 23 20:35:59 2016] : Akiros: "Anything more you need, or are you back to your raiding?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:36:10 2016] : Akiros: ooc Sense Motive, please.
[Wed Nov 23 20:36:22 2016] : Adwulf: Sense Motive: [1d20(18) + 6] = 24
[Wed Nov 23 20:36:54 2016] : Adwulf: "Wouldn't mind a few days rest here"
[Wed Nov 23 20:37:27 2016] : Adwulf: "Some eejit gave us bad directions to here and we had to cross that rickety bridge"
[Wed Nov 23 20:37:53 2016] : Adwulf: "Damn thing collapsed. Lost some provisions and nearly a horse"
[Wed Nov 23 20:38:25 2016] : Akiros: "Well, you can doss down. Make yourselves a space in the yard."
[Wed Nov 23 20:38:40 2016] : Akiros: He indicates the central area of the fort.
[Wed Nov 23 20:39:05 2016] : Akiros: "And stay away from the boss; he won't be pleased if you interrupt his drinking."
[Wed Nov 23 20:39:35 2016] : Adwulf: "Got it. How many are here at the minute?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:39:48 2016] : Adwulf: "Dont want to step on anyones toes"
[Wed Nov 23 20:39:58 2016] : Akiros: ooc sorry, forgot to follow up on the Sense Motive roll.
[Wed Nov 23 20:42:01 2016] : Akiros: "There's enough of us. The boss, me, Auchs - don't touch his toys - Ayles, Jeb, Cragger, Falgrim, Fat Norry, Jex... Topper... yeah, that's it. Dovan's off out somewhere with the other lads."
[Wed Nov 23 20:43:07 2016] : DM: Ayles and Cragger both wave as they're mentioned; they're currently lounging in the yard. There's space for a couple more bedrolls if you squeeze. Ayles is obviously brother to Dirty Jeb.
[Wed Nov 23 20:43:44 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf returns the greetings
[Wed Nov 23 20:44:16 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund eyes everyone suspiciously
[Wed Nov 23 20:44:56 2016] : Akiros: "Anything else? If not, don't start any fights, don't wake the boss, don't let Beaky out, don't feed the freak, and don't wake the zombies."
[Wed Nov 23 20:45:18 2016] : Adwulf: "Right, ok... wait.. Zombies??"
[Wed Nov 23 20:45:26 2016] : Guthmund: "Huh?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:45:45 2016] : Eadfrid: "Who's Beaky?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:46:51 2016] : Akiros: "Zombies on the hillside, so stick to the path if you're outside. Beaky's the monster with the beak. Boss keeps it as a pet for some reason. Eats twice what Fat Norry does, or more, and smells worse than Jeb."
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:07 2016] : Akiros: ooc did people get the whispers?
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:20 2016] : Adwulf: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:24 2016] : Guthmund: not me
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:30 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc no
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:32 2016] : Guthmund: ooc not me
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:40 2016] : Alhandra: I did
[Wed Nov 23 20:47:42 2016] : Alhandra: ooc
[Wed Nov 23 20:48:48 2016] : Akiros: ooc Guthmund and Eadfrid are exempt ;-)
[Wed Nov 23 20:49:29 2016] : Akiros: Akiros turns and walks away. He goes to sit outside the Stag Lord's room, picks up his sword, and starts sharpening it."
[Wed Nov 23 20:49:55 2016] : Ayles: ooc ...
[Wed Nov 23 20:49:57 2016] : Ayles: ...
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:13 2016] : Adwulf: "Right, lets find somewhere to sit"
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:14 2016] : Ayles: "So, you lot going to join us for a game of cards?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:34 2016] : Ayles: "Budge up, Cragger."
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:38 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra signals she won't
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:39 2016] : Guthmund: "I wanna find somewhere for my bed before it gets dark"
[Wed Nov 23 20:50:54 2016] : Alhandra: "Yes, I'll join you Guthmund"
[Wed Nov 23 20:51:02 2016] : Eadfrid: "Sure, what's the stake?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:51:08 2016] : Guthmund: "Anyway, last time I played cards I lost the shirt on my back"
[Wed Nov 23 20:51:17 2016] : Ayles: "Grab a patch of floor, there's enough for everyone. And why aren't you joining, lady?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:51:21 2016] : Adwulf: "I never have any luck with cards"
[Wed Nov 23 20:51:37 2016] : Cragger: "Pretty lady", the other bandit leers in agreement.
[Wed Nov 23 20:52:08 2016] : Ayles: "Stakes are what you can afford, or what you can't, but don't trust Jex, he'll never pay up."
[Wed Nov 23 20:52:14 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra gives Ayles, and then Cragger, a cold look
[Wed Nov 23 20:53:04 2016] : Ayles: "Reckon she thinks she's too good for you, Cragger."
[Wed Nov 23 20:53:27 2016] : Cragger: "She'd choose me over you, or your brother!"
[Wed Nov 23 20:53:37 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid puts up 50 sp as a stake.
[Wed Nov 23 20:53:56 2016] : Alhandra: "I'd choose neither of you, if I can avoid it"
[Wed Nov 23 20:54:37 2016] : Cragger: "Well, Ayles, there's your option. Don't give her a choice, take what you want.2
[Wed Nov 23 20:54:42 2016] : Eadfrid: "Deal, Ayles."
[Wed Nov 23 20:54:55 2016] : Ayles: "Later, boy, we're having a chat with the lady."
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:00 2016] : Alhandra: "Take what he wants?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:08 2016] : Alhandra: "I don't think so"
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:26 2016] : Ayles: ooc Intimidate check, please
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:28 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:45 2016] : Alhandra: In a flash, Alhandra has her dagger out and near the nearest bandits privates
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:49 2016] : Alhandra: Intimidate: [1d20(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Nov 23 20:55:58 2016] : Guthmund: GUthmund is watching for concealed weaponry coming into play
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:06 2016] : Ayles: "We can both flash knives, dearie."
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:16 2016] : Alhandra: "Is that all you can flash? How quaint?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:23 2016] : Alhandra: ooc minus the last ?
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:27 2016] : Ayles: Ayles looks unimpressed, but then it's not his balls in danger.
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:42 2016] : Alhandra: "Is that all you can flash? How quaint."
[Wed Nov 23 20:56:54 2016] : Cragger: "Got more to show than you have, ain't I?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:57:22 2016] : Cragger: Cragger also doesn't seem bothered. "You haven't got the balls to do it."
[Wed Nov 23 20:57:36 2016] : Alhandra: "I have none, but then it's the trade of my gender. Seems you don't have much either, what with talking a lady down and all"
[Wed Nov 23 20:57:43 2016] : DM: A couple more bandits have ambled over and are watching with interest.
[Wed Nov 23 20:58:03 2016] : Ayles: "She's talking fancy, Cragger. You goin' to stand for that?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:58:12 2016] : DM: ooc anyone else interfering?
[Wed Nov 23 20:58:50 2016] : Alhandra: "And look at all of them"
[Wed Nov 23 20:58:56 2016] : Alhandra: "Doing nothing, letting him talk"
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:21 2016] : Alhandra: "And here I thought bandits had at least a hint of courage, if none of politeness and gentlemanship"
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:26 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf watches, ready to jump in if things get nasty
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:32 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm intrigued. Is this the way you fellas talked to Kressle?"
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:41 2016] : Alhandra: "I was going to ask the same"
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:45 2016] : Eadfrid: "Stop being a dick Cragger and play some cards."
[Wed Nov 23 20:59:56 2016] : DM: ooc Bluff check, please, Guthmund
[Wed Nov 23 21:00:02 2016] : Guthmund: Bluff: [1d20(14) + -2 + 0] = 12
[Wed Nov 23 21:00:15 2016] : Alhandra: "My take is he's afraid of your card playing skills"
[Wed Nov 23 21:00:20 2016] : Guthmund: "I bet she'd have eaten you up"
[Wed Nov 23 21:00:37 2016] : DM: One of the watching bandits calls out "Yeah, we did, but she cut Topper's hand off"
[Wed Nov 23 21:01:00 2016] : DM: Jeb laughs, and Cragger goes red.
[Wed Nov 23 21:01:11 2016] : Alhandra: "Oh, sorry, you're telling me I am aiming my dagger at the wrong eappendage?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:01:21 2016] : Cragger: "You're not bloody worth it anyway", he blusters.
[Wed Nov 23 21:01:42 2016] : Fat Norry: "Yeah, girl, it's his hand he's really in love with!"
[Wed Nov 23 21:01:59 2016] : DM: The bandits roar with laughter, as Cragger storms off into the dusk.
[Wed Nov 23 21:02:02 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra chuckles
[Wed Nov 23 21:02:13 2016] : Alhandra: "If this all wasn't offensive, I'd probably have a good laugh"
[Wed Nov 23 21:02:49 2016] : Ayles: "OK, Eadfrid's in. Who else?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:03:07 2016] : Alhandra: ""Actually, now that the ones with dirty hands are gone, I shall join too"
[Wed Nov 23 21:03:24 2016] : Ayles: Ayles proceeds to deal cards, cheating outrageously, and the bandits all argue over the rules.
[Wed Nov 23 21:04:31 2016] : DM: The bandits seem to have accepted Alhandra as "just another bandit"
[Wed Nov 23 21:04:59 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid doesn't care about winning, a plays a bit carelessly.
[Wed Nov 23 21:05:07 2016] : Alhandra: ooc this was actually fun. (fwiw, Henry did warn me this was coming ;))
[Wed Nov 23 21:05:18 2016] : DM: As the evening wears on, the card game fizzles out. Despite the complexity of the game, only half the 20gp bonus is frittered away.
[Wed Nov 23 21:05:23 2016] : DM: ooc glad you enjoyed it :)
[Wed Nov 23 21:05:30 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra takes her time to learn about the guys, their quirks and all
[Wed Nov 23 21:05:41 2016] : Adwulf: ooc :)
[Wed Nov 23 21:07:52 2016] : DM: ooc I listed the bandits at the fort for you: http://wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk/wiki/Bandits
[Wed Nov 23 21:08:17 2016] : DM: ooc Akiros (the lieutenant), and Auchs, are not on the list - they'll come in later.
[Wed Nov 23 21:08:42 2016] : DM: Are you doing anything overnight, or shall we pick up in the morning?
[Wed Nov 23 21:09:43 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf secures his belongings and settles down for the night
[Wed Nov 23 21:09:49 2016] : Eadfrid: During the night, Eadfrid is going to check on where Akiros is.
[Wed Nov 23 21:10:02 2016] : Eadfrid: Looking for a opportunity.
[Wed Nov 23 21:10:12 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund puts all his stuff in the pack under his head
[Wed Nov 23 21:10:19 2016] : DM: Akiros is sleeping to the south, in the area marked by the red X.
[Wed Nov 23 21:12:24 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf notices Eadfrid moving and follows
[Wed Nov 23 21:12:28 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc Does a silent kill look likely?
[Wed Nov 23 21:12:48 2016] : Guthmund: ooc It looks hugely suspicious
[Wed Nov 23 21:12:48 2016] : Adwulf: (whispering) "hey"
[Wed Nov 23 21:13:01 2016] : DM: ooc not obviously - he's sleeping, but the bandits will notice if you try to leave in the middle of the night
[Wed Nov 23 21:13:42 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid backs away to think of another plan
[Wed Nov 23 21:13:59 2016] : Adwulf: "Eadfrid, come for a walk?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:14:33 2016] : Eadfrid: "Sure."
[Wed Nov 23 21:14:48 2016] : Adwulf: "Not sure if its my imagination or not, but I'm not sure Akiros is too happy here"
[Wed Nov 23 21:14:58 2016] : Adwulf: ooc all whispers
[Wed Nov 23 21:15:30 2016] : Adwulf: "Talking at the gate, I got the impression he'd like out. Just something in his manner"
[Wed Nov 23 21:16:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "Dunno. I don't think he's impressed with the boss."
[Wed Nov 23 21:17:03 2016] : Adwulf: "Don't blame him"
[Wed Nov 23 21:17:17 2016] : Adwulf: "Maybe we can talk to him"
[Wed Nov 23 21:17:44 2016] : Eadfrid: "Then what?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:18:05 2016] : Adwulf: "If he's wanting out, maybe we can fake his death."
[Wed Nov 23 21:18:38 2016] : Adwulf: "He goes on his way, we get Oleg back"
[Wed Nov 23 21:18:58 2016] : Eadfrid: "That sounds good to me."
[Wed Nov 23 21:19:51 2016] : Adwulf: "We'd need to get him alone. Risky to talk in camp in case we're wrong. Could end up with everyone after us"
[Wed Nov 23 21:20:20 2016] : Eadfrid: "Yeah, Perhaps suggest a hunting trip for some fun tomorrow?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:21:05 2016] : Adwulf: "Nice idea. Lets get some sleep and mention it in the morning"
[Wed Nov 23 21:21:59 2016] : DM: ooc got a plan?
[Wed Nov 23 21:22:04 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid turns in for the night (as far from Dirty Jeb as possible).
[Wed Nov 23 21:22:30 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc I think we have a plan.
[Wed Nov 23 21:22:31 2016] : Adwulf: ooc hunting trip, talk to Akiros, fake death
[Wed Nov 23 21:22:56 2016] : Adwulf: ooc or ... hunting trip, talk to Akiros, kill him
[Wed Nov 23 21:23:32 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc yep
[Wed Nov 23 21:24:01 2016] : DM: The morning comes, and the weather is overcast but dry.
[Wed Nov 23 21:24:11 2016] : DM: How are you going to approach Akiros?
[Wed Nov 23 21:24:20 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund checks his stuff for missing bits
[Wed Nov 23 21:24:44 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I know nothing of the plan, but I'm terrible at conversation anyway
[Wed Nov 23 21:25:21 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf wanders around camp looking for Akrios
[Wed Nov 23 21:25:44 2016] : DM: Nothing is missing - it seems that thievery between bandits is not common here.
[Wed Nov 23 21:26:03 2016] : DM: Akiros is still sat outside the Stag Lord's room, still sharpening his sword.
[Wed Nov 23 21:26:07 2016] : DM: He looks morose.
[Wed Nov 23 21:26:09 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid checks his gear, sharpens his sword and throwing axes.
[Wed Nov 23 21:26:47 2016] : Adwulf: "Mornin'"
[Wed Nov 23 21:27:26 2016] : Akiros: "Well observed."
[Wed Nov 23 21:27:30 2016] : Akiros: "What do you want?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:27:53 2016] : Adwulf: "We were thinking of a little hunting trip. Thought you might want to join us"
[Wed Nov 23 21:28:06 2016] : Adwulf: "You look like you could use the distraction"
[Wed Nov 23 21:28:22 2016] : Akiros: "What do you plan to hunt?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:28:59 2016] : Adwulf: "Dunno. Whats common round here?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:29:03 2016] : Eadfrid: "Heard about a monstrous boar roaming these woods."
[Wed Nov 23 21:29:35 2016] : Akiros: "Tuskgutter? Are you mad? Still, it's as good a way to die as any."
[Wed Nov 23 21:29:41 2016] : Akiros: ooc Diplomacy checks, please.
[Wed Nov 23 21:29:52 2016] : Eadfrid: Diplomacy: [1d20(10) + 1] = 11
[Wed Nov 23 21:30:14 2016] : Alhandra: Diplomacy: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Nov 23 21:30:24 2016] : Alhandra: ooc maybe I can help? ;)
[Wed Nov 23 21:30:36 2016] : Adwulf: Diplomacy: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed Nov 23 21:30:41 2016] : Akiros: "Ach, there's nothing to do here anyway. Let's go."
[Wed Nov 23 21:32:02 2016] : DM: It takes most of the day to ride to where the boar lives, and you have plenty of time to talk to Akiros. He doesn't start any conversation.
[Wed Nov 23 21:32:46 2016] : Adwulf: "So whats got you down, Akiros? Thats not a bad setup you've got. I've seen worse"
[Wed Nov 23 21:33:57 2016] : Akiros: ooc Diplomacy check, please. You're trying to get him to open up about information that could harm him if revealed to the wrong people.
[Wed Nov 23 21:34:04 2016] : Adwulf: Diplomacy: [1d20(10) + 1] = 11
[Wed Nov 23 21:34:19 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc wheres a bard when you need one.
[Wed Nov 23 21:34:34 2016] : Alhandra: Diplomacy: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Nov 23 21:34:51 2016] : Akiros: "What sort of worse have you seen?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:35:02 2016] : Akiros: ooc let Alhandra do the talking, her dice are weighted ;-)
[Wed Nov 23 21:35:06 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra is engaging with him on the more human front. She's a woman after all :P
[Wed Nov 23 21:35:24 2016] : Adwulf: ooc her womanly wiles
[Wed Nov 23 21:35:49 2016] : Alhandra: "I hear you talk of death and it make me sad. Why are you looking at it to closely?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:36:33 2016] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 23 21:37:05 2016] : Akiros: "Have you been in this... business... long?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:37:24 2016] : Alhandra: "The business of banditism you mean? No, not long"
[Wed Nov 23 21:37:52 2016] : Alhandra: "Aren't you a seasoned bandi yourself?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:37:56 2016] : Alhandra: *bandit
[Wed Nov 23 21:38:41 2016] : Akiros: "Long enough. Mostly I can fight. You'll learn. It's hollow. Get out while you can, girl, before they brand you and there's no road back."
[Wed Nov 23 21:39:28 2016] : Alhandra: "There is never a road back. But there is always a way forward. And always a bend in the road"
[Wed Nov 23 21:39:54 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc is there magic that can remove brands?
[Wed Nov 23 21:40:15 2016] : Alhandra: ooc what are brands?
[Wed Nov 23 21:40:23 2016] : Akiros: ooc Hmm. Sufficiently advanced healing magic, e.g. Regeneration, would do it - possibly a lower-level spell.
[Wed Nov 23 21:40:36 2016] : Alhandra: "ooc ah some kind of cattle marking thing?
[Wed Nov 23 21:40:37 2016] : Akiros: ooc it's a mark burned into the skin, like a tattoo but made with heat.
[Wed Nov 23 21:40:45 2016] : Alhandra: ooc gotcha
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:00 2016] : Akiros: "A bend in the road."
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc as imprinted on Milady DeWinter
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:19 2016] : Alhandra: "Yes, a different road to travel than the one you think is in front of you"
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:36 2016] : Alhandra: "Take me for example. I should be dead. But I survived"
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:47 2016] : Alhandra: "Took one of these side paths thidden from view"
[Wed Nov 23 21:41:51 2016] : Akiros: Intimidate: [1d20(3) + -1 + 7] = 9
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:01 2016] : Akiros: ooc sorry, wrong node
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:02 2016] : Alhandra: "and here I am, instead of some gallow or tree I should be hanging from"
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:32 2016] : Alhandra: "The brand is just a physical thing. You can find a way around it. It's your soul that counts"
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:37 2016] : Akiros: "And you tell me there's a bend in the road ahead? There's always an end to the road."
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:39 2016] : Adwulf: ooc back
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:40 2016] : Alhandra: "And if you want out, I am sure there are ways"
[Wed Nov 23 21:42:54 2016] : Akiros: "Is this some kind of trap?!"
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:04 2016] : Alhandra: "Of course, there is an end. Heh. We'll all die."
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:11 2016] : Akiros: Akiros swings his horse off to one side, and draws his sword
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:19 2016] : Akiros: He does not attack, just stands ready
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:21 2016] : Alhandra: "A trap? Wow man, you're really on edge here!"
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:24 2016] : Alhandra: "No trap from me"
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:39 2016] : Alhandra: "Sorry if I made you feel that way, i'll stop right now"
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:56 2016] : Akiros: ooc Diplomacy, please.
[Wed Nov 23 21:43:59 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra shows both her hands and starts to move away
[Wed Nov 23 21:44:01 2016] : Alhandra: Diplomacy: [1d20(17) + 0] = 17
[Wed Nov 23 21:44:15 2016] : Akiros: ooc wouldn't you be a bit paranoid if you were a bandit, working for a volatile drunk, and wanting a way out?
[Wed Nov 23 21:44:23 2016] : Alhandra: ooc oh yes ;)
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:06 2016] : Alhandra: "Again, sorry if you felt threatened"
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:09 2016] : Akiros: "So. You come from Kressle, who is believed dead. You bring drink for the boss. You invite me out hunting. You talk of a way out. Who are you?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:12 2016] : Alhandra: "Wasn't my intention"
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:29 2016] : Akiros: There's a new intensity in Akiros' voice. Alhandra has shaken him out of his apathy.
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:37 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra smiles.
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:41 2016] : Eadfrid: "We're not bandits."
[Wed Nov 23 21:45:58 2016] : Adwulf: "We have a mutual aquaintance
[Wed Nov 23 21:46:00 2016] : Adwulf: "We have a mutual aquaintance"
[Wed Nov 23 21:46:03 2016] : Eadfrid: "We're not here to kill you either."
[Wed Nov 23 21:46:09 2016] : Alhandra: "We're the bend. And had to bend the rules to get here"
[Wed Nov 23 21:46:53 2016] : Akiros: "So. Who sent you?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:46:55 2016] : Akiros: Intelligence: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:11 2016] : Akiros: "Dovan. He wants you to kill me, yes?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:23 2016] : Adwulf: "In one!"
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:36 2016] : Guthmund: "That's what he wanted, though I daresay he wants you gone from the camp"
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:40 2016] : Eadfrid: "Yes, but we'd rather kill him but can't just yet."
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:45 2016] : Akiros: ooc you lot are really shitty assassins ;-)
[Wed Nov 23 21:47:56 2016] : Akiros: "Why not? He is just a man."
[Wed Nov 23 21:48:13 2016] : Guthmund: "He hold a friend hostage"
[Wed Nov 23 21:48:42 2016] : Guthmund: "We could not kill him without the friend being killed first"
[Wed Nov 23 21:48:55 2016] : Akiros: "That is more trouble. So. How do you save your friend?"
[Wed Nov 23 21:49:09 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm sure you know his methods better than us"
[Wed Nov 23 21:49:17 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol@shitty assassins
[Wed Nov 23 21:49:45 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc we need his amulet or something to show he's dead, right?
[Wed Nov 23 21:50:02 2016] : Adwulf: "We're hoping that he'll actually keep his word and release him. Dont really have any choice in the matter"
[Wed Nov 23 21:50:08 2016] : Akiros: ooc I can't remember exactly what Dovan asked for... I think he said "proof" but wasn't specific.
[Wed Nov 23 21:50:24 2016] : Akiros: "Don't trust him. He will want someone to torture."
[Wed Nov 23 21:51:33 2016] : Adwulf: "We dont, but couldn't do anything about it.. yet"
[Wed Nov 23 21:53:31 2016] : Akiros: "So. Here is an idea. You give him me, alive. You bind my hands loose. He gives your friend back, then we attack."
[Wed Nov 23 21:53:56 2016] : Eadfrid: "I can go along with that."
[Wed Nov 23 21:54:20 2016] : Guthmund: "To be honest, I can't see any reason why you would ask us to do that other than to get a chance to kill him"
[Wed Nov 23 21:54:56 2016] : Alhandra: Sense Motive: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Nov 23 21:54:57 2016] : Akiros: "Perhaps it is time I did the right thing, again."
[Wed Nov 23 21:55:02 2016] : Guthmund: "If you did this, we could try to help you to get some kind of pardon"
[Wed Nov 23 21:55:31 2016] : Alhandra: "We can't promise anything. But I promise to go out of my way to give you that sidepath"
[Wed Nov 23 21:55:59 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra puts a hand on Akiros' shoulder
[Wed Nov 23 21:56:03 2016] : Alhandra: "Perhaps it is indeed time"
[Wed Nov 23 21:56:04 2016] : Akiros: "Then we do it."
[Wed Nov 23 21:56:54 2016] : DM: A minor side-quest note: Akiros mentioned a bandit called Falgrim, who is wanted for stealing from the mercenaries who now guard Oleg's trading post. Bringing him in alive would be a useful achievement.
[Wed Nov 23 21:58:15 2016] : Adwulf: "If we just leave now, it could arouse suspicion"
[Wed Nov 23 21:58:26 2016] : Guthmund: ooc when did he mention him? In the camp?
[Wed Nov 23 21:58:41 2016] : DM: ooc yes - in the run-down of the bandits who were there.
[Wed Nov 23 21:58:59 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps returning to the fort and leaving more... officially would be better"
[Wed Nov 23 21:59:57 2016] : Akiros: "Yes."
[Wed Nov 23 22:00:07 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ok."
[Wed Nov 23 22:00:41 2016] : Adwulf: "Whats our story for you coming with us"?
[Wed Nov 23 22:01:16 2016] : DM: You return to the fort, and Akiros puts Auchs in charge. Auchs is a giant of a man, almost seven foot tall and broad with it, but he is clearly a simpleton. Akiros tells him "You listen to Fat Norry, right?"
[Wed Nov 23 22:03:37 2016] : DM: It's been a good day's hunting. The following day, you set out early to head back to the hut where Dovan is waiting. Akiros shows you a better place to cross the river, where the two streams join and the water is shallow, and the journey is peaceful.
[Wed Nov 23 22:03:45 2016] : DM: All too soon, the hut comes into view...
[Wed Nov 23 22:04:33 2016] : DM: 400xp each for infiltrating the bandit fort, recruiting Akiros, and generally being awesome*.
[Wed Nov 23 22:04:43 2016] : DM: *: except at assassination. Where you still suck.
[Wed Nov 23 22:04:46 2016] : DM: GAME END