Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 9 20:00:14 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 9 20:00:19 2016] : DM: ooc it's been a couple of weeks...
[Wed Nov 9 20:00:27 2016] : Adwulf: ooc recap?
[Wed Nov 9 20:01:19 2016] : DM: At Jhod Kavken's request, you found the abandoned temple to Erastil, deep in the forest. It was guarded by an insane grizzly bear, that you defeated; this turned out to be the cursed former priest of the temple.
[Wed Nov 9 20:01:59 2016] : DM: Jhod was able to translate the pictograms and inscriptions on the cave wall; they told the story of how the former keeper had lost faith and sacrificed a bear to "anything that would listen".
[Wed Nov 9 20:02:19 2016] : DM: The temple is no longer cursed, and is quite a pleasant clearing, with a pool of fresh, clear water.
[Wed Nov 9 20:02:39 2016] : DM: ooc FYI: I'm keeping campaign notes here http://wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk/wiki/The_Stolen_Land
[Wed Nov 9 20:03:24 2016] : Jhod: "What will you do now? I... I think I will stay here a day; this place deserves better than to be forgotten."
[Wed Nov 9 20:03:45 2016] : Jhod: Jhod no longer looks quite as world-weary as when you first met him at Oleg's.
[Wed Nov 9 20:04:06 2016] : Guthmund: "Would you need us to escort you back?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:04:19 2016] : Guthmund: "We could explore this area and return for you"
[Wed Nov 9 20:05:02 2016] : Jhod: "I do not think I would need it, but the company would be welcome."
[Wed Nov 9 20:05:42 2016] : Jhod: ooc Exploring a forest hex takes two days, but you've already spent some of the time in this area.
[Wed Nov 9 20:05:48 2016] : Adwulf: ooc what time of day is it?
[Wed Nov 9 20:06:38 2016] : Jhod: ooc it's getting late in the day: dusk will arrive soon.
[Wed Nov 9 20:06:54 2016] : Guthmund: "If you wish company and can spare time to spend longer here, we ideally need a few days"
[Wed Nov 9 20:07:14 2016] : Adwulf: "Its getting late we should make camp here and explore tomorrow"
[Wed Nov 9 20:07:33 2016] : Eadfrid: "Yes."
[Wed Nov 9 20:07:58 2016] : Jhod: "I will wait here. The forest will not trouble me."
[Wed Nov 9 20:08:08 2016] : DM: Are you setting up camp for the night?
[Wed Nov 9 20:08:16 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf begins setting up camp
[Wed Nov 9 20:08:52 2016] : DM: Who's on watch?
[Wed Nov 9 20:08:53 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid takes first watch
[Wed Nov 9 20:09:16 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf takes last
[Wed Nov 9 20:10:00 2016] : Guthmund: ooc hmm, which do I take ;-)
[Wed Nov 9 20:10:06 2016] : DM: [1d2(1)] = 1
[Wed Nov 9 20:10:20 2016] : DM: Guthmund takes second, and Jhod offers to take a third watch.
[Wed Nov 9 20:11:08 2016] : DM: [1d4(2)] = 2
[Wed Nov 9 20:11:20 2016] : DM: Halfway through Guthmund's watch... Perception check, please!
[Wed Nov 9 20:11:57 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Nov 9 20:12:46 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund watches, weapons close to hand
[Wed Nov 9 20:12:50 2016] : DM: Through the increasing rain, Guthmund spots a large shape, lumbering through the forest. It is the size of a bear, but its arms are... strange.
[Wed Nov 9 20:13:18 2016] : DM: It stands up on its hind legs, huge eyes staring at the dying fire, and reaches out to each side.
[Wed Nov 9 20:13:38 2016] : DM: Feathers below its arms reveal it to be an owlbear; it stares at Guthmund but does not approach.
[Wed Nov 9 20:14:07 2016] : Guthmund: Wild Empathy: [1d20(14) + -1] = 13
[Wed Nov 9 20:14:23 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund attempts to appear friendly
[Wed Nov 9 20:14:55 2016] : DM: The owlbear stares back at Guthmund. It's in the edge of the trees, around 60' away, but it's not moving any closer.
[Wed Nov 9 20:15:46 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund picks up his weapons and moves into shadow
[Wed Nov 9 20:15:50 2016] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed Nov 9 20:16:02 2016] : DM: [1d20(7) + 12] = 19
[Wed Nov 9 20:16:33 2016] : DM: The owlbear continues watching Guthmund, its head turning to follow him. It stands there watching for almost an hour, then walks off into the forest.
[Wed Nov 9 20:18:00 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund resumes his watch, keeping an eye for its return
[Wed Nov 9 20:18:03 2016] : DM: The rest of the night passes without incident, and a slow light breaks through the steady rain. It's a cold, wet morning, but it is morning.
[Wed Nov 9 20:18:46 2016] : Adwulf: "Well Guthy, it didn't come back"
[Wed Nov 9 20:18:55 2016] : Guthmund: ooc remind me not to try to make a wild animal friendly again - at a DC20 check with -1 mod all I can do is piss them off
[Wed Nov 9 20:19:02 2016] : DM: ooc :)
[Wed Nov 9 20:19:16 2016] : Guthmund: "Guthy?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:19:28 2016] : Adwulf: "No?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:19:31 2016] : Guthmund: "I was galled Gudda in my youth"
[Wed Nov 9 20:19:53 2016] : Adwulf: "Gudda it is then"
[Wed Nov 9 20:20:06 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Guthy is not very Norse/Anglo Saxon :-P
[Wed Nov 9 20:20:11 2016] : DM: ooc is that as in "Fat Gudda"?
[Wed Nov 9 20:20:16 2016] : DM: ooc :-p
[Wed Nov 9 20:20:57 2016] : Guthmund: "Anyway, it did not seem interested in us"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:04 2016] : Guthmund: "So I let it be"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:08 2016] : Jhod: "A peaceful night. When will you return?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:20 2016] : DM: Also, Knowledge: Nature checks, please.
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:21 2016] : Adwulf: "Not sure I would've had the nerve for that"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:23 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:31 2016] : Eadfrid: "Two days, is that acceptable?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:36 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2 (untrained: 2)
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:43 2016] : Adwulf: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:46 2016] : Guthmund: "I'd say 4 days Eadfrid"
[Wed Nov 9 20:21:57 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ok"
[Wed Nov 9 20:22:01 2016] : DM: Guthmund knows that owlbears are bloodthirsty killers, and it would be unusual for one not to attack.
[Wed Nov 9 20:22:05 2016] : Guthmund: "That gives us time to look at the forest to the Soth"
[Wed Nov 9 20:22:13 2016] : Guthmund: South
[Wed Nov 9 20:22:27 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I guess I forgot that last night
[Wed Nov 9 20:22:52 2016] : DM: ooc :)
[Wed Nov 9 20:23:00 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund does not mention the fact to his companions, lest they think him a total greenhorn
[Wed Nov 9 20:23:30 2016] : Jhod: "I will see you in four days, then. If the owlbear did not attack, perhaps this is a safe place."
[Wed Nov 9 20:23:53 2016] : DM: ooc when you're ready, move the mini - remember South is down and right on this map, if that's the way you're going.
[Wed Nov 9 20:24:00 2016] : Guthmund: "You may want to ensure that it cannot get to you overnight"
[Wed Nov 9 20:24:12 2016] : Guthmund: "It may have been scared by our numbers"
[Wed Nov 9 20:24:50 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I meant the bottom two green hexes
[Wed Nov 9 20:24:54 2016] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed Nov 9 20:26:23 2016] : DM: The ground slopes downhill, and the terrain is not easy. A steady rain continues to fall, though it is not as heavy as it was in the early morning.
[Wed Nov 9 20:26:53 2016] : DM: As you explore, the forest is...
[Wed Nov 9 20:26:56 2016] : DM: [1d100(9)] = 9
[Wed Nov 9 20:27:32 2016] : DM: ... quiet, though you hear a lot of rustling in the undergrowth. Something, at least, is not deterred by the rain: but it is not immediately hostile.
[Wed Nov 9 20:28:37 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Nov 9 20:28:40 2016] : DM: You find nothing of particular interest the first day, but you do see that the forest thins out to the south, and the hilly terrain continues without trees.
[Wed Nov 9 20:28:55 2016] : DM: Are you camping in the forest or in the open overnight?
[Wed Nov 9 20:29:30 2016] : Eadfrid: "Camping in the open seems safer to me."
[Wed Nov 9 20:29:53 2016] : Adwulf: "I agree"
[Wed Nov 9 20:30:00 2016] : DM: ooc same watch order as last night?
[Wed Nov 9 20:30:04 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 9 20:30:33 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Nov 9 20:30:45 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I have no idea, does Guthmund?
[Wed Nov 9 20:30:54 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 9 20:31:11 2016] : DM: ooc Guthmund can see arguments either way.
[Wed Nov 9 20:31:16 2016] : DM: During Eadfrid's watch...
[Wed Nov 9 20:31:21 2016] : DM: Perception check, please!
[Wed Nov 9 20:31:33 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Nov 9 20:32:58 2016] : DM: Eadfrid sees a man watching the party. He's making no effort to hide, but he's not coming any closer; he seems wary.
[Wed Nov 9 20:33:15 2016] : DM: It's dusk, but the rain has cleared, so visibility is OK. Not great, but OK.
[Wed Nov 9 20:33:38 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid raises a hand in friendly greeting.
[Wed Nov 9 20:33:56 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc what does he look like? armed? armor?
[Wed Nov 9 20:34:11 2016] : DM: ooc he has a bow on his back, and is not heavily armoured.
[Wed Nov 9 20:34:26 2016] : DM: The man waves back, and takes a cautious step forward.
[Wed Nov 9 20:34:34 2016] : DM: "A good evening to you!" he calls.
[Wed Nov 9 20:34:42 2016] : Eadfrid: "Welcome!"
[Wed Nov 9 20:34:57 2016] : Eadfrid: "Are you out here hunting?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:35:16 2016] : DM: "I am. Might I join you?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:35:19 2016] : Guthmund: ooc presumably as it's only dusk we are all awake, but perhaps preparing food etc.
[Wed Nov 9 20:35:23 2016] : Eadfrid: "Sure."
[Wed Nov 9 20:35:36 2016] : DM: ooc yes, and with these two shouting at each other you're definitely awake now ;-)
[Wed Nov 9 20:35:51 2016] : DM: The man walks over, and sits on a nearby rock.
[Wed Nov 9 20:36:12 2016] : Eadfrid: "Are you familar with this area?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:36:21 2016] : Adwulf: "What are you hunting?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:36:35 2016] : Vekkel: "More than some, less than others, I'd guess. Name's Vekkel. Who are you lads?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:37:07 2016] : Vekkel: Now that he's close, you see that Vekkel is older than most people live to in the wilderness: his hair and beard are more grey than white.
[Wed Nov 9 20:37:21 2016] : Vekkel: "I'm out for Tuskgutter. You know the story?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:37:46 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Nov 9 20:37:53 2016] : Eadfrid: "Eadfrid. I've not heard of Tuskgutter."
[Wed Nov 9 20:37:58 2016] : Guthmund: "It doesn't sound familiar"
[Wed Nov 9 20:38:13 2016] : Adwulf: "Do tell"
[Wed Nov 9 20:38:30 2016] : Vekkel: "It's a boar, but not just any boar. Bigger, and meaner, than most."
[Wed Nov 9 20:38:41 2016] : Vekkel: He looks at you, each in turn
[Wed Nov 9 20:38:57 2016] : Vekkel: "Those faces say you've seen boars before, if I'm reading them right."
[Wed Nov 9 20:39:23 2016] : Eadfrid: "Aye. Even regular boars are fierce."
[Wed Nov 9 20:39:35 2016] : Eadfrid: "Not sure I'd want to meet a meaner one."
[Wed Nov 9 20:39:59 2016] : Adwulf: "Can rip you open with a shake of their head"
[Wed Nov 9 20:40:02 2016] : Guthmund: "Would this be a dire boar?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:40:13 2016] : Guthmund: "Like... something primal?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:40:16 2016] : Vekkel: "Then keep to the north; I've been tracking him and I think his lair's south."
[Wed Nov 9 20:40:44 2016] : Guthmund: "We are trying to map this region"
[Wed Nov 9 20:40:50 2016] : Vekkel: "I don't think so. Just a bigger, meaner one. Like you meet bigger, meaner men: don't mean they're all orcs."
[Wed Nov 9 20:41:00 2016] : Guthmund: "How much further South?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:41:16 2016] : Vekkel: "You've got a job on you, then, and I hear the swamps to the west change every time it rains."
[Wed Nov 9 20:41:28 2016] : Vekkel: "He's no more than five mile from here."
[Wed Nov 9 20:42:56 2016] : Adwulf: "We're going no further south for now"
[Wed Nov 9 20:43:00 2016] : Vekkel: "You can do some of your mapping, but I'm not guaranteeing you won't blunder into him. Best come back in a month; I'll be dead or he will."
[Wed Nov 9 20:43:26 2016] : Eadfrid: "Good luck in your hunt!"
[Wed Nov 9 20:44:00 2016] : Adwulf: "We'll keep our wits about us. Thanks for the warning"
[Wed Nov 9 20:44:32 2016] : Vekkel: "Then good luck in yours."
[Wed Nov 9 20:44:46 2016] : Adwulf: "Good hunting, Vekkel"
[Wed Nov 9 20:44:59 2016] : DM: The old hunter wanders off into the dusk, to make his own camp.
[Wed Nov 9 20:45:39 2016] : DM: Nothing troubles you overnight; you hear the normal sounds of the wilderness: your horses shuffling in their sleep, an owl hooting and its mate responding, and then the birdsong before dawn.
[Wed Nov 9 20:46:14 2016] : DM: The sun rises, and the hills rising to the east are backlit in gold. It looks like being a beautiful day.
[Wed Nov 9 20:46:17 2016] : Guthmund: "After the trouble we had with boars previously, let's hope that we avoit this beast"
[Wed Nov 9 20:46:30 2016] : Eadfrid: "West into the swamps?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:47:16 2016] : Adwulf: "Towards them anyway"
[Wed Nov 9 20:48:14 2016] : DM: As you continue west, the ground sinks lower, and starts becoming soggy underfoot. It's not a true swamp, not yet, but it is definitely wetter than the rest of the forest.
[Wed Nov 9 20:48:34 2016] : Adwulf: "At least its not still raining"
[Wed Nov 9 20:48:42 2016] : Guthmund: ooc did we finish the last hex?
[Wed Nov 9 20:48:56 2016] : DM: ooc close enough for government work ;-)
[Wed Nov 9 20:49:27 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund tries to remember everything he learned about swamps, bogs, marshes and fens
[Wed Nov 9 20:49:30 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Nov 9 20:50:17 2016] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Nov 9 20:50:20 2016] : DM: There are small puddles in between tree roots; Guthmund points out that where there are full-sized trees, there are unlikely to be any patches so soft as to be dangerous: unless you have to run fast, in which case the mud can be slippery or slow you down.
[Wed Nov 9 20:51:08 2016] : DM: As the forest thins, you see a pair of ruined buildings. The stone walls around the edges still stand, but there are no roofs, and the doors have long since rotted.
[Wed Nov 9 20:51:32 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid takes a cautious look around the buildings.
[Wed Nov 9 20:51:42 2016] : Adwulf: "I wonder how people lived in the swamp"
[Wed Nov 9 20:51:43 2016] : Eadfrid: "What did these used to be? Homes?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:52:42 2016] : DM: As you approach the buildings, a frog-like humanoid steps out in front of you. It holds its hands up, one a badly-healed, mangled mess.
[Wed Nov 9 20:52:56 2016] : DM: In accented Common, it croaks "Truce! Truce!"
[Wed Nov 9 20:52:58 2016] : Guthmund: "Maybe it was not always so wet"
[Wed Nov 9 20:53:15 2016] : Eadfrid: "Truce."
[Wed Nov 9 20:53:18 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks appraisingly at it
[Wed Nov 9 20:53:19 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf looks around for others
[Wed Nov 9 20:53:46 2016] : DM: ooc I'm not sure which Knowledge skill for Monstrous Humanoids, so give me something you think is realistically applicable.
[Wed Nov 9 20:54:15 2016] : Adwulf: Knowledge Dungeoneering: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18
[Wed Nov 9 20:54:22 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Dungeoneering: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Nov 9 20:54:37 2016] : Adwulf: ooc closest I can think of
[Wed Nov 9 20:54:39 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Wed Nov 9 20:54:51 2016] : Eadfrid: "What hurt you?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:55:19 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(9) + 4] = 13
[Wed Nov 9 20:55:26 2016] : Guthmund: ooc it's nature apparently
[Wed Nov 9 20:56:08 2016] : DM: The boggard looks at Eadfrid, not understanding.
[Wed Nov 9 20:56:08 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Nov 9 20:56:11 2016] : DM: "You go."
[Wed Nov 9 20:56:55 2016] : Adwulf: ooc I've no Nature training so wouldn't know it
[Wed Nov 9 20:57:11 2016] : DM: "Me." The boggard points at the buildings and the patch of swamp, and repeats himself: "ME."
[Wed Nov 9 20:57:18 2016] : DM: ooc one moment
[Wed Nov 9 20:57:29 2016] : Adwulf: "This is your home?"
[Wed Nov 9 20:57:59 2016] : DM: "You go."
[Wed Nov 9 20:58:11 2016] : Eadfrid: (quietly to the others) "Boggards are cruel and violent even to their own kind."
[Wed Nov 9 20:58:53 2016] : Adwulf: "We just want to look around a bit and then we will leave"
[Wed Nov 9 20:59:09 2016] : DM: "You go."
[Wed Nov 9 20:59:18 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund scowls at being ordered by this ugly creature
[Wed Nov 9 20:59:20 2016] : Eadfrid: "Look, then go."
[Wed Nov 9 20:59:26 2016] : DM: The boggard does not act as if he understands your words.
[Wed Nov 9 20:59:38 2016] : DM: "You go. Me. Boggard. Me."
[Wed Nov 9 21:00:02 2016] : Adwulf: "Who has the healing wand?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:00:39 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps if we heal its hand it will let us map the region"
[Wed Nov 9 21:00:49 2016] : Eadfrid: "Anyone speak boggard?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:00:50 2016] : DM: ooc I'm assuming it's the one of you who can use it - i.e. Guthmund
[Wed Nov 9 21:01:11 2016] : Guthmund: "Why would it do that"
[Wed Nov 9 21:01:21 2016] : Guthmund: "And why would we do that?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:01:46 2016] : Guthmund: "Eadfrid, that's a no from me, disgusting thing"
[Wed Nov 9 21:02:04 2016] : Adwulf: "So we leave or fight it then?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:02:11 2016] : DM: ooc you can try using Bluff to communicate via sign-language, etc., or you can attack, or you can leave, or you can come up with some new approach that I haven't thought of yet :-)
[Wed Nov 9 21:02:35 2016] : Adwulf: ooc I forgot Craig was playing an asshole :)
[Wed Nov 9 21:02:51 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid puts his hand on his sword hilt and moves agressively forward.
[Wed Nov 9 21:02:56 2016] : Eadfrid: Intimidate: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Nov 9 21:03:27 2016] : DM: ooc I've got to work out what the DC should be... one moment.
[Wed Nov 9 21:03:58 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf takes Eadfrids lead and nocks an arrow, but does not aim
[Wed Nov 9 21:04:20 2016] : DM: ooc Aid Another check please, Adwulf
[Wed Nov 9 21:04:52 2016] : Adwulf: Shortbow: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4, Damage: [1d8(5) + 0] = 5 HP.
[Wed Nov 9 21:05:08 2016] : Adwulf: Intimidate: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Nov 9 21:05:18 2016] : Adwulf: oco sorry, wasn't thinking
[Wed Nov 9 21:05:38 2016] : DM: ooc normally this requires a minute of conversation, according to the rules, so I'm going to apply a -4 penalty; the boggard gets a +4 bonus because he's defending his home, and the base DC is 13 (10 + WIS + HD)
[Wed Nov 9 21:05:53 2016] : DM: ooc so with the assistance from Adwulf, that's (barely) a success.
[Wed Nov 9 21:06:13 2016] : DM: The boggard steps back, out of the way, though he glares at Eadfrid.
[Wed Nov 9 21:06:19 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I don't think I'd help
[Wed Nov 9 21:06:35 2016] : DM: "Truce die."
[Wed Nov 9 21:06:48 2016] : DM: The croak, as much as a croak can be, is a sullen mutter.
[Wed Nov 9 21:06:53 2016] : Guthmund: "Truce or you die"
[Wed Nov 9 21:07:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 9 21:07:44 2016] : Eadfrid: Looking around to asses numbers, defenses and anything of value/use.
[Wed Nov 9 21:08:58 2016] : DM: As Eadfrid walks between the two surviving buildings, he sees a large toad-like creature; it is almost the size of a horse, with huge tusks jutting from its upper jaw.
[Wed Nov 9 21:09:14 2016] : DM: A noxious slime exudes from its back, but it just watches him.
[Wed Nov 9 21:09:35 2016] : DM: The boggard croaks at it, clearly speaking, but it continues to watch.
[Wed Nov 9 21:09:35 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund examines the area
[Wed Nov 9 21:09:45 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Nov 9 21:10:03 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Nov 9 21:10:14 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9
[Wed Nov 9 21:10:28 2016] : DM: Eadfrid recognises the creature as a slurk; they are often found in swamps, and some boggards use them as mounts.
[Wed Nov 9 21:10:29 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf keeps an eye on the Boggard
[Wed Nov 9 21:11:08 2016] : DM: Neither Guthmund nor Eadfrid sees anything of interest; just a solitary boggard and its pet living in a swamp.
[Wed Nov 9 21:11:37 2016] : Eadfrid: "Nothing here. Shall we leave?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:11:42 2016] : DM: The boggard stomps off into the smaller building.
[Wed Nov 9 21:11:50 2016] : Adwulf: "Ok"
[Wed Nov 9 21:12:22 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks after the Boggard to see what it is up to before following the others
[Wed Nov 9 21:12:25 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Nov 9 21:12:46 2016] : DM: The boggard has gone to fetch a weapon, but when it sees you leaving, it does not attack.
[Wed Nov 9 21:12:54 2016] : DM: "You GO!" it croaks, loudly.
[Wed Nov 9 21:13:49 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf keeps glancing back as they leave
[Wed Nov 9 21:14:02 2016] : Guthmund: "Touchy fellow for someone with nothing"
[Wed Nov 9 21:14:22 2016] : DM: ooc "Those who have nothing often have the most to lose."
[Wed Nov 9 21:14:37 2016] : DM: ooc /Mysterious Old Man.
[Wed Nov 9 21:14:57 2016] : Adwulf: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 9 21:15:00 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc heh
[Wed Nov 9 21:15:54 2016] : DM: Camping overnight? I'll need Survival checks, please, to find a suitable campsite.
[Wed Nov 9 21:16:07 2016] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(17) + -1] = 16
[Wed Nov 9 21:16:50 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed Nov 9 21:17:01 2016] : DM: Eadfrid finds somewhere dry, and points out water marks that indicates any flash-floods are likely to bypass the site.
[Wed Nov 9 21:17:37 2016] : DM: Guthmund notices that there's a rotten tree right next to the site, that could fall over in a strong wind, and soon you find somewhere similar that's even safer.
[Wed Nov 9 21:17:57 2016] : Adwulf: "We should be on alert tonight. That Boggard was not happy with us"
[Wed Nov 9 21:18:08 2016] : DM: Perception checks for each watcher, please.
[Wed Nov 9 21:18:11 2016] : Eadfrid: "Yes."
[Wed Nov 9 21:18:12 2016] : DM: [1d3(1)] = 1
[Wed Nov 9 21:18:14 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8
[Wed Nov 9 21:18:21 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(9) + 4] = 13
[Wed Nov 9 21:19:12 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Nov 9 21:19:22 2016] : DM: None of you notices anything overnight.
[Wed Nov 9 21:19:29 2016] : DM: The night is cold, without cloud cover, but at least it is dry.
[Wed Nov 9 21:19:32 2016] : Adwulf: ooc I said ALERT!
[Wed Nov 9 21:19:58 2016] : Guthmund: ooc alert and perceptive are not the same thing!
[Wed Nov 9 21:20:10 2016] : DM: In the morning, you wake to find a late frost everywhere, and your horses are shivering badly from the cold.
[Wed Nov 9 21:20:38 2016] : DM: The animals are in no fit state to be ridden.
[Wed Nov 9 21:20:50 2016] : Adwulf: ooc well we dont have an Alertion skill
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:00 2016] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:04 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund kicks himself for his inability to spot basic weather and its effects on their animals :-P
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:23 2016] : Adwulf: "Can we walk them for a while?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:25 2016] : DM: ooc I'm guessing he was cold and didn't notice the horses suffering
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:42 2016] : DM: Adwulf: Handle Animal check, please.
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:53 2016] : Adwulf: Handle Animal: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:55 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I don't have mind and reality warping magic, but that stuff should be my bread and butter
[Wed Nov 9 21:21:59 2016] : Adwulf: ooc untrained
[Wed Nov 9 21:22:04 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I should at least get a check
[Wed Nov 9 21:22:16 2016] : Adwulf: ooc I was asking Gudda
[Wed Nov 9 21:22:23 2016] : Guthmund: Handle Animal: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Nov 9 21:22:31 2016] : DM: ooc yeah, true, but it's not a serious penalty for failure, so I'm not going to be too picky ;-)
[Wed Nov 9 21:23:20 2016] : DM: The horses warm up with gentle exercise, their breath forming clouds in the cold air, and by late morning you are exploring again. You complete your maps, and head back to the northeast to find Jhod still at the old temple.
[Wed Nov 9 21:23:50 2016] : Guthmund: ooc eviscerated
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:09 2016] : Jhod: ooc ...?
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:13 2016] : Jhod: ooc that came out of nowhere!
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:24 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Jhod, by the Owlbear
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:27 2016] : Jhod: ooc oh, right
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:31 2016] : Adwulf: ooc ahh
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:33 2016] : Jhod: ooc sorry, completely didn't get it!
[Wed Nov 9 21:24:44 2016] : Jhod: "Welcome back! I was expecting you early in the day, not late, but I do not mind."
[Wed Nov 9 21:25:03 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I guess context is helpful ;-)
[Wed Nov 9 21:25:10 2016] : Eadfrid: "No owlbears?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:25:27 2016] : Jhod: "None that I saw. There was a wolf, but it just watched for a while."
[Wed Nov 9 21:25:48 2016] : Jhod: "That was... two nights ago? I feel at peace here."
[Wed Nov 9 21:26:01 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps this place has a calming effect on all creatures"
[Wed Nov 9 21:26:10 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ready to return to Oleg's?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:26:20 2016] : Adwulf: "It would explain the owlbears actions"
[Wed Nov 9 21:26:25 2016] : Guthmund: "That's a good suggestion Adwulf"
[Wed Nov 9 21:26:56 2016] : Jhod: "It could be. Or perhaps it is... well, it is a sacred place to Erastil, and perhaps he now guards it as he did once before."
[Wed Nov 9 21:27:05 2016] : Jhod: "I do not think we shall know for sure."
[Wed Nov 9 21:27:14 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps not."
[Wed Nov 9 21:27:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Isn't that the same thing, just cause versus effect?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:28:29 2016] : Jhod: "It could well be, Guthmund."
[Wed Nov 9 21:28:46 2016] : Jhod: "I am ready to ride, but I think I should like to return here, some time."
[Wed Nov 9 21:29:14 2016] : DM: The journey back to Oleg's is peaceful, despite another heavy rainstorm.
[Wed Nov 9 21:29:20 2016] : Adwulf: "If you do, it seems you would be safe enough"
[Wed Nov 9 21:29:43 2016] : DM: The sight of the trading post, with its sturdy walls and dry roof, is welcome.
[Wed Nov 9 21:29:55 2016] : Adwulf: ooc more rain? are we exploring Ireland?
[Wed Nov 9 21:29:55 2016] : Guthmund: "We have the areas to the West to investigate"
[Wed Nov 9 21:30:16 2016] : DM: ooc it's more of a continental climate, and spring is the rainy season.
[Wed Nov 9 21:30:18 2016] : Guthmund: "We could return here at some point and look to the West"
[Wed Nov 9 21:30:26 2016] : DM: As you ride in, though, Svetlana comes rushing out.
[Wed Nov 9 21:30:47 2016] : Svetlana: "They... came back!" she cries.
[Wed Nov 9 21:30:58 2016] : Adwulf: "Who?"
[Wed Nov 9 21:31:15 2016] : Svetlana: "They came in the night, the bandits, and they took Oleg! What are we going to do?!"
[Wed Nov 9 21:31:20 2016] : DM: GAME END