Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 19 20:01:02 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 19 20:02:00 2016] : DM: You spent most of a week exploring, nearly got eaten by a spider, and returned to Oleg's. There was a new man there, someone you'd not met before, who introduced himself as Jhod Kavken.
[Wed Oct 19 20:02:57 2016] : Jhod: "You must be the adventurers I've been hearing about."
[Wed Oct 19 20:03:07 2016] : Jhod: "Jhod Kavken."
[Wed Oct 19 20:03:32 2016] : Eadfrid: "What have you heard?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:04:01 2016] : Jhod: "Oleg tells me you drove off bandits, and you're exploring the area. I... need some help in that regard."
[Wed Oct 19 20:04:15 2016] : Eadfrid: "Go on."
[Wed Oct 19 20:04:27 2016] : Adwulf: "More bandits?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:04:41 2016] : Jhod: "There is a lost temple of Erastil. Somewhere to the South, I think: but it is in the forest.
[Wed Oct 19 20:05:02 2016] : Jhod: "There is a large bear guarding it, but... something seems wrong about the bear."
[Wed Oct 19 20:05:22 2016] : Guthmund: "In what way?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:05:50 2016] : Jhod: "I do not know. My... information is incomplete."
[Wed Oct 19 20:06:08 2016] : DM: He pauses frequently, as if he's trying to think of exactly the right words.
[Wed Oct 19 20:06:11 2016] : Adwulf: "You've not seen it?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:06:19 2016] : Jhod: "Not myself, no."
[Wed Oct 19 20:07:05 2016] : Eadfrid: "Where did you hear this from then?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:07:15 2016] : Jhod: "Word spreads among the priesthood."
[Wed Oct 19 20:07:37 2016] : Jhod: "I am, myself, a cleric of the Hunter God."
[Wed Oct 19 20:08:39 2016] : Adwulf: Sense Motive: [1d20(2) + 6] = 8
[Wed Oct 19 20:09:00 2016] : Guthmund: Sense Motive: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 19 20:10:02 2016] : Eadfrid: "I'm not familar with Erastil. Describe this god to me."
[Wed Oct 19 20:10:58 2016] : Adwulf: "While this is outside the remit of our Charter, I would be willing to investigate"
[Wed Oct 19 20:11:06 2016] : Guthmund: "This all sounds a bit fantastical"
[Wed Oct 19 20:11:11 2016] : Jhod: ooc is that a bluff and a test? Or is Eadfrid living in a cave?
[Wed Oct 19 20:11:51 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc Well, I don't know who he/she is...
[Wed Oct 19 20:11:58 2016] : Jhod: ooc :)
[Wed Oct 19 20:12:06 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc is my character supposed to know?
[Wed Oct 19 20:12:14 2016] : Jhod: ooc I think as a major god, Eadfrid would have heard a little.
[Wed Oct 19 20:13:21 2016] : Jhod: ooc Erastil is the god of hunters and hunted; he's worshiped by farmers, hunters and tradesmen
[Wed Oct 19 20:13:37 2016] : Jhod: ooc in legend, he's credited as having created the first ever bow.
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:00 2016] : Adwulf (enter): 20:14
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:06 2016] : Adwulf: Booting '(1) Adwulf' from server...
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:07 2016] : Adwulf (exit): 20:14
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:21 2016] : Adwulf: ooc sorry, big blue screen
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:36 2016] : Jhod: "Erastil is the Lord of the Bow, Old Deadeye. He taught men to hunt; taught them to till the land, and watches over those who live in the wilds."
[Wed Oct 19 20:14:57 2016] : Jhod: "He guards us and guides our shot."
[Wed Oct 19 20:15:20 2016] : Jhod: ooc welcome back.
[Wed Oct 19 20:15:33 2016] : Eadfrid: "Oh, that god. When you said you needed help I assumed that a priesthood of hunters wouldn't need our help to kill a bear."
[Wed Oct 19 20:15:58 2016] : Jhod: "The temple is lost; finding it is the start."
[Wed Oct 19 20:16:08 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm not much of a one for gods, but he's sort of my god I guess"
[Wed Oct 19 20:18:16 2016] : Guthmund: ooc hello?
[Wed Oct 19 20:18:24 2016] : Adwulf: "So where would we find this bear?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:18:25 2016] : Eadfrid: Diplomacy: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Wed Oct 19 20:18:53 2016] : Jhod: "The temple is in the forest. Beyond that... I have only seen it in visions."
[Wed Oct 19 20:19:04 2016] : Adwulf: "Visions?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:19:06 2016] : Jhod: "A recurring... dream. Pulling me South."
[Wed Oct 19 20:19:53 2016] : Adwulf: "So, this could all be just a dream"
[Wed Oct 19 20:20:05 2016] : Jhod: "It did not feel like a dream."
[Wed Oct 19 20:20:05 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we're mapping this area, so it's presumably not out of our way"
[Wed Oct 19 20:20:16 2016] : Jhod: ooc Intelligence checks, please.
[Wed Oct 19 20:20:30 2016] : Eadfrid: Intelligence: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Oct 19 20:21:01 2016] : Adwulf: Intelligence: [1d20(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Oct 19 20:21:17 2016] : Jhod: Eadfrid remembers the pseudodragon, Perlivash, mentioning an "old temple" that might be more interesting than the bandit camp.
[Wed Oct 19 20:21:23 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf wipes away some drool
[Wed Oct 19 20:22:00 2016] : Eadfrid: "We did hear about a temple, although the information did come from a rather unreliable fey."
[Wed Oct 19 20:22:37 2016] : Jhod: "That is more detail than I can offer."
[Wed Oct 19 20:23:20 2016] : Jhod: "Can you find this fey again?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:23:34 2016] : Adwulf: "It tends to find us"
[Wed Oct 19 20:23:41 2016] : Guthmund: Intelligence: [1d20(3) + 0] = 3
[Wed Oct 19 20:24:02 2016] : Jhod: "Where does it find you?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:24:46 2016] : Adwulf: "Usually in trouble"
[Wed Oct 19 20:24:50 2016] : Jhod: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 19 20:25:43 2016] : Eadfrid: "What sort of terrain is the temple in?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:25:46 2016] : Adwulf: "It seemed fond of the trees"
[Wed Oct 19 20:26:19 2016] : Jhod: "The temple is in deep forest, with a great rock behind it."
[Wed Oct 19 20:27:46 2016] : Adwulf: "We could head south, via the forest and see if we get 'found'. If not we keep going and look for the temple and the bear"
[Wed Oct 19 20:28:04 2016] : Eadfrid: "Sure"
[Wed Oct 19 20:28:28 2016] : Guthmund: "Sounds like an idea"
[Wed Oct 19 20:28:46 2016] : Adwulf: "So we're all agreed?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:28:53 2016] : DM: OK, which way are you exploring? And riding or walking?
[Wed Oct 19 20:29:45 2016] : Adwulf: ooc have the colours of the areas any significance?
[Wed Oct 19 20:29:57 2016] : DM: ooc yes, there's a key on the wiki :-p
[Wed Oct 19 20:30:05 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc light green plains, dark green forest, brown hills
[Wed Oct 19 20:30:08 2016] : DM: ooc light green is plains, dark green is forest, brown hills
[Wed Oct 19 20:30:12 2016] : DM: ooc I type too slowly
[Wed Oct 19 20:30:16 2016] : Adwulf: ooc cheers
[Wed Oct 19 20:30:35 2016] : DM: You all set off riding. Are you exploring as you go?
[Wed Oct 19 20:31:08 2016] : DM: ooc or was it walking?
[Wed Oct 19 20:31:19 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Riding I guess
[Wed Oct 19 20:31:21 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc I suggest horses and exploring
[Wed Oct 19 20:31:46 2016] : Adwulf: ooc agreed
[Wed Oct 19 20:31:56 2016] : DM: [1d100(56)] = 56
[Wed Oct 19 20:32:03 2016] : Adwulf: ooc no rush to find this place
[Wed Oct 19 20:32:06 2016] : Guthmund: ooc did we buy the CLW wand? If so, with what? I bought a new breastplate last week but I have no idea how we split up the loot money :-/
[Wed Oct 19 20:32:18 2016] : DM: ooc you bought it; I took it out of party funds
[Wed Oct 19 20:32:45 2016] : DM: [1d100(54)] = 54
[Wed Oct 19 20:33:03 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'm confused as to whether I can use it, or if it needs a UMD check until I get spells
[Wed Oct 19 20:33:16 2016] : DM: It's on your spell list, so I think you're Ok.
[Wed Oct 19 20:34:00 2016] : DM: As you explore the forest, not much happens. Eventually, as you're heading into a glade near evening, the two fey swoop out of the trees and perch in front of you.
[Wed Oct 19 20:34:11 2016] : Tyg-Titter-Tut: "Hello!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:34:33 2016] : Tyg-Titter-Tut: "Perlivash said he'd seen you still alive, but I thought you might have got killed by now."
[Wed Oct 19 20:34:34 2016] : Guthmund: ooc seems odd, but UMD mentions nothing about casting spells higher than your level in PF
[Wed Oct 19 20:34:49 2016] : Tyg-Titter-Tut: ooc wands aren't spell completion, they're spell trigger.
[Wed Oct 19 20:35:01 2016] : Adwulf: "Sorry to disappoint, but we're ok"
[Wed Oct 19 20:35:18 2016] : Perlivash: "I'm not disappointed; I won the bet!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:35:21 2016] : Perlivash: The ps
[Wed Oct 19 20:35:47 2016] : Perlivash: The pseudodragon turns a little loop over Adwulf's head.
[Wed Oct 19 20:35:51 2016] : Adwulf: "We're quite happy about it too"
[Wed Oct 19 20:36:06 2016] : Perlivash: "So what are you looking for this time? There's no more mean bandits for you."
[Wed Oct 19 20:36:27 2016] : Eadfrid: "A temple and an odd bear."
[Wed Oct 19 20:36:27 2016] : Adwulf: "We're looking for an old Temple"
[Wed Oct 19 20:36:45 2016] : Perlivash: "I told you that was more interesting than silly bigginses."
[Wed Oct 19 20:37:06 2016] : Perlivash: Tyg sighs, and hands over a small coin.
[Wed Oct 19 20:37:10 2016] : Perlivash: "Won another bet!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:37:26 2016] : Adwulf: "Maybe you were right then. What can you tell us about it?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:37:36 2016] : Tyg: "What's it worth? Can you... sing?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:03 2016] : Adwulf: "Not according to my family"
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:03 2016] : Guthmund: "How much do you bet?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:31 2016] : Tyg: "We bet shiny things."
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:36 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund begins a bawdy tuneless noise
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:42 2016] : Guthmund: "Pretty good huh?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:48 2016] : Tyg: ooc Perform check, please!
[Wed Oct 19 20:38:55 2016] : Guthmund: Perform: [1d20(20) + -2] = 18
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:12 2016] : Guthmund: ooc err!
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:15 2016] : Tyg: "That's better than I expected!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:38 2016] : Perlivash: "Even I can listen to that, and I don't like singing."
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:44 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks surprised at himself
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:54 2016] : Eadfrid: "Hidden talent there Guthmund!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:39:56 2016] : Tyg: "I'll help you, even if Mr Grumpy won't."
[Wed Oct 19 20:40:39 2016] : Tyg: "Follow me!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:40:58 2016] : Tyg: Tyg flies off, quickly, darting from tree to tree.
[Wed Oct 19 20:41:19 2016] : DM: You can try to keep up, or you can ride in the same general direction at a safer pace. Your choice?
[Wed Oct 19 20:41:57 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf moves off at a nice safe pace
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:12 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid sticks with the othes.
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:13 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund keeps at a steady pace
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:21 2016] : Guthmund: "Hoi, we can't all fly"
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:28 2016] : DM: ooc Diplomacy check, please.
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:34 2016] : Guthmund: "Our horses will break their legs"
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:37 2016] : Guthmund: Diplomacy: [1d20(17) + -2] = 15
[Wed Oct 19 20:42:59 2016] : Tyg: "You're nearly as boring as bandits, sometimes. What do you do for fun? Clean your toenails?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:43:33 2016] : Tyg: Tyg seems a bit put out, but takes up a more sedate pace.
[Wed Oct 19 20:43:44 2016] : Tyg: Much more sedate...
[Wed Oct 19 20:44:31 2016] : DM: After a very slow journey, including an overnight stop at which Guthmund is pestered to sing almost all night, you find yourselves in a dark, overgrown hollow in the forest.
[Wed Oct 19 20:44:41 2016] : DM: [1d100(87)] = 87
[Wed Oct 19 20:44:42 2016] : DM: [1d100(81)] = 81
[Wed Oct 19 20:45:21 2016] : DM: Nothing tries invading your camp, and Tyg leads you to a small clearing.
[Wed Oct 19 20:45:54 2016] : Tyg: "It's just over there!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:46:04 2016] : Adwulf: "The Temple?"
[Wed Oct 19 20:46:20 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund dismounts and ties his horse to a tree
[Wed Oct 19 20:46:28 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Oct 19 20:46:43 2016] : Tyg: Tyg whispers, points to the west, and quickly flies up into the canopy. From a distance, you hear her voice "Keep careful! It's scary!"
[Wed Oct 19 20:47:07 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid dismounts and draws his sword.
[Wed Oct 19 20:47:30 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf also dismounts and ties up his horse
[Wed Oct 19 20:47:47 2016] : Adwulf: "I'll scout ahead"
[Wed Oct 19 20:47:52 2016] : DM: ooc one moment
[Wed Oct 19 20:47:55 2016] : DM: ooc fixing a map
[Wed Oct 19 20:49:00 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ooh!
[Wed Oct 19 20:51:05 2016] : DM: The thick tangle of brambles gives way into a large clearing in the woods, its border partially defined by ruined stone pillars. The western face of the clearing is dominated by a looming, upthrust ridge of rock, nearly 300 feet across and rising to a moss-topped height of 100 feet at the center. The side of this towering boulder facing the clearing has been carved in the likeness of an immense elk, its antlers drooping down from its weathered face to frame a 50-foot wide cave entrance. A flight of stone steps leads up to this cave entrance from the forest clearing—both the steps and elk face feel quite old and are thickly encrusted with layers of moss. A 50-foot-long oval pool sits in the middle of the clearing, its waters thick with algae.
[Wed Oct 19 20:51:52 2016] : DM: A huge bear, twice the height of a man, lumbers out of the cave and roars.
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:12 2016] : DM: It shakes its head, as if hearing a strange noise.
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:22 2016] : DM: Initiative please!
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:26 2016] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:29 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:30 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 1 + 2] = 19
[Wed Oct 19 20:52:54 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 0] = 4
[Wed Oct 19 20:53:03 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 19 20:54:22 2016] : Eadfrid: Advancing cautiously
[Wed Oct 19 20:54:32 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 19 20:54:34 2016] : DM: OK, stealth check please.
[Wed Oct 19 20:55:38 2016] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(4) + -3] = 1
[Wed Oct 19 20:55:42 2016] : DM: And Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 19 20:55:44 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(7) + 1 + 5 - 2] = 11
[Wed Oct 19 20:56:03 2016] : DM: The bear's head lift and it looks, blearily, at Eadfrid
[Wed Oct 19 20:56:06 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund moves slowly forwards, sticking to cover and drawing his bow.
[Wed Oct 19 20:56:20 2016] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Oct 19 20:56:58 2016] : DM: The bear turns to look at Guthmund
[Wed Oct 19 20:57:13 2016] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Oct 19 20:57:23 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf draws his bow and also moves forward slowly
[Wed Oct 19 20:57:31 2016] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(10) + 9] = 19
[Wed Oct 19 20:57:36 2016] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Oct 19 20:57:59 2016] : DM: The bear lumbers forward, slowly, but you can see the power in its muscles...
[Wed Oct 19 20:58:33 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 19 20:59:06 2016] : Eadfrid: Does it look like it's going to attack?
[Wed Oct 19 20:59:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24
[Wed Oct 19 20:59:31 2016] : DM: It looks slightly hesitant, but more and more hostile as it approaches.
[Wed Oct 19 21:00:25 2016] : Eadfrid: Move forwards and attack.
[Wed Oct 19 21:00:31 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25; Hit: [2d6(3,2) + 6] = 11 damage.
Critical threat: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25; Hit: [11 + 2d6(3,6) + 6] = 26 damage

[Wed Oct 19 21:00:38 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 19 21:00:47 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ouch!
[Wed Oct 19 21:01:03 2016] : Adwulf: ooc thats some fancy hittin
[Wed Oct 19 21:01:04 2016] : DM: The bear roars in pain. Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 19 21:01:48 2016] : Guthmund: Seeing Eadfrid move in, Guthmund drops the bow and charges, drawing his falchion focusing his skills on the bear.
[Wed Oct 19 21:02:00 2016] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(17) + 9] = 26 Damage: [2d4(1,4) + 11] = 16 HP; Power attack; Charging; Ranger's Focus;
[Wed Oct 19 21:02:05 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Oct 19 21:02:19 2016] : Adwulf: ooc is the pool raised or flush to the ground?
[Wed Oct 19 21:02:35 2016] : DM: ooc the pool is flush to the ground
[Wed Oct 19 21:02:46 2016] : Adwulf: ooc ty
[Wed Oct 19 21:03:14 2016] : DM: hit; The bear is badly injured. Adwulf?
[Wed Oct 19 21:03:20 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf circles around to his right and shoots
[Wed Oct 19 21:03:37 2016] : Adwulf: Shortbow: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10, Damage: [1d8(6) + 0] = 6 HP.
[Wed Oct 19 21:03:43 2016] : Adwulf: done
[Wed Oct 19 21:04:05 2016] : Adwulf: ooc feeling a little inadequate now
[Wed Oct 19 21:04:33 2016] : DM: Miss! Arrow soars off into the distance, drooping sadly.
[Wed Oct 19 21:04:47 2016] : DM: The bear roars in pain, clawing at the two warriors in front of it.
[Wed Oct 19 21:04:52 2016] : DM: Claws:
Attack: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12 - Damage: [1d6(4) + 3] = 7 HP.
[Wed Oct 19 21:04:55 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25 - Damage: [1d6(2) + 3] = 5 HP.
Critical hit: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8, Damage: [5 + 1d6(1) + 3] = 9 HP

[Wed Oct 19 21:05:08 2016] : DM: 4 damage to Guthmund, 5 to Eadfrid.
[Wed Oct 19 21:05:11 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 19 21:05:28 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 4 damage. [Wed Oct 19 21:05:56 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21; Hit: [2d6(4,5) + 6] = 15 damage.
[Wed Oct 19 21:06:00 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 19 21:06:25 2016] : DM: ... The bear growls, deep and low, as it falls.
[Wed Oct 19 21:06:47 2016] : Guthmund: "I hope that was the right thing to do!"
[Wed Oct 19 21:07:11 2016] : Adwulf: "It certainly looked agressive"
[Wed Oct 19 21:07:34 2016] : DM: It makes an almost human sigh of relief, and then collapses in on itself. It transofrms into an incredibly old human man, with a look of peace in his eyes: he then withers to a skeleton then crumbles to dust.
[Wed Oct 19 21:07:37 2016] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 19 21:07:48 2016] : Adwulf: "What was that??"
[Wed Oct 19 21:07:51 2016] : DM: ooc Should've sent a dragon
[Wed Oct 19 21:08:12 2016] : Guthmund: "I have no idea!"
[Wed Oct 19 21:08:36 2016] : Eadfrid: "A curse of some kind?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:08:43 2016] : DM: ooc he's still making hot chocolate
[Wed Oct 19 21:08:52 2016] : DM: ooc I'm just being a pain
[Wed Oct 19 21:09:06 2016] : Adwulf: "He looked almost... glad to die"
[Wed Oct 19 21:09:46 2016] : Guthmund: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 19 21:10:13 2016] : DM: ooc it's not my fault he started making hot chocolate with frothy milk
[Wed Oct 19 21:10:41 2016] : DM: ooc and I'm still DETERMINED to send a dragon before you finish this story
[Wed Oct 19 21:12:03 2016] : Adwulf: "We should tell that priest about this when we get back"
[Wed Oct 19 21:12:37 2016] : Adwulf: "Speaking of which should we have a look around here or just go back now? He only wanted us to find the place"
[Wed Oct 19 21:12:46 2016] : DM: ooc I'm sure he'll be very interested, it's not every day a bear turns out to be a human with some sort of curse
[Wed Oct 19 21:12:50 2016] : Guthmund: "He crumbled to dust... What the hell does that mean?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:13:24 2016] : Guthmund: "No point wandering off when presumably the exciting stuff is inside"
[Wed Oct 19 21:13:29 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf pokes around in the dust, looking for anything that might identify the man
[Wed Oct 19 21:13:32 2016] : Guthmund: ooc what sort of rogue are you??
[Wed Oct 19 21:13:42 2016] : DM: ooc judging by the instruction manual you shouldn't wonder off just yet
[Wed Oct 19 21:13:47 2016] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 19 21:15:19 2016] : Adwulf: ooc a legally appointed one with a charter and stuff :P
[Wed Oct 19 21:15:26 2016] : Adwulf: "Good point Guthy. Lets see what we can see"
[Wed Oct 19 21:16:14 2016] : Adwulf: ooc nothing in the bone dust then?
[Wed Oct 19 21:17:01 2016] : Guthmund: Gutmund retrieves his bow before slowly moving towards the temple, eyes peeled for anything else
[Wed Oct 19 21:17:14 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Oct 19 21:17:31 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc I think we should wait for Henry to get back.
[Wed Oct 19 21:17:35 2016] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Oct 19 21:17:46 2016] : DM: There is nothing on the old man's remains
[Wed Oct 19 21:18:14 2016] : DM: As he dies, the darkness lifts from the shrine, and the waters in the pool grow fresh and clear.
[Wed Oct 19 21:19:12 2016] : DM: The cave itself is shallow, and may have been used as a store-room when the temple was still in use.
[Wed Oct 19 21:19:18 2016] : Adwulf: "I think that answers a few questions"
[Wed Oct 19 21:19:25 2016] : Eadfrid: "Does it?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:19:29 2016] : DM: It is no longer a corrupted shrine, but is not a true temple.
[Wed Oct 19 21:20:26 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund spends some time examining the walls
[Wed Oct 19 21:20:29 2016] : Guthmund: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Oct 19 21:20:37 2016] : Adwulf: "Looks very much like there was a curse in place"
[Wed Oct 19 21:20:50 2016] : DM: There are some ancient carvings, at least a century old.
[Wed Oct 19 21:20:56 2016] : DM: Knowledge: Religion may be useful.
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Religion: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:13 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'm sure it nay
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:17 2016] : Guthmund: ooc may
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:24 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(20) + 0] = 20
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:38 2016] : DM: Eadfrid recognises some of them as characteristic of the worship of Erastil.
[Wed Oct 19 21:21:45 2016] : Adwulf: ooc someones getting good rolls tonight
[Wed Oct 19 21:22:29 2016] : DM: He can't tell how old they are, except by the weathering of the rock.
[Wed Oct 19 21:23:24 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid explores around place, looking for anything unusual or out of place.
[Wed Oct 19 21:23:27 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9
[Wed Oct 19 21:23:47 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf does the same
[Wed Oct 19 21:23:49 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Oct 19 21:23:59 2016] : DM: Apart from the obvious age damage to the columns, and the steps, you find nothing.
[Wed Oct 19 21:24:57 2016] : Eadfrid: "I thought we might find something that shows what went on here."
[Wed Oct 19 21:25:02 2016] : Eadfrid: "But I guess not."
[Wed Oct 19 21:25:23 2016] : Eadfrid: "Guthmund, those carvings tell you anything?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:25:37 2016] : DM: Guthmund did turn up a set of carvings that look like they follow a sequence, but without more knowledge of the faith of Erastil they are hard to interpret.
[Wed Oct 19 21:26:01 2016] : Guthmund: "There seems to be a sequence, but it's lost on me"
[Wed Oct 19 21:26:25 2016] : Guthmund: "We'd need a cleric of some sort, and they seem to be a bit short on supply"
[Wed Oct 19 21:26:34 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ;-)
[Wed Oct 19 21:26:37 2016] : DM: ooc ;-)
[Wed Oct 19 21:27:06 2016] : DM: ooc you do have an NPC cleric available...
[Wed Oct 19 21:27:44 2016] : Eadfrid: "Perhaps we should return and report what we've found."
[Wed Oct 19 21:27:48 2016] : DM: ooc are you exploring further, or returning to Oleg's, or something else?
[Wed Oct 19 21:28:28 2016] : Adwulf: "May as well head back. We're not going to learn anything more here"
[Wed Oct 19 21:28:46 2016] : DM: [1d100(18)] = 18
[Wed Oct 19 21:28:48 2016] : DM: [1d100(34)] = 34
[Wed Oct 19 21:28:53 2016] : Adwulf: "The priest may want us to come back with him"
[Wed Oct 19 21:29:23 2016] : Guthmund: "Sure, he'll probably want to look at the place"
[Wed Oct 19 21:29:24 2016] : DM: The ride back is uneventful, and you return to Oleg's in good spirits.
[Wed Oct 19 21:29:29 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 19 21:29:41 2016] : Jhod: "You are back earlier than I expected! Is it close? Did you find it?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:30:11 2016] : Adwulf: "We found it, and the bear"
[Wed Oct 19 21:30:21 2016] : Jhod: Some of Jhod's earlier reserve has dissipated
[Wed Oct 19 21:30:36 2016] : Jhod: "The bear. What of it? Did you find what was... wrong?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:30:48 2016] : Adwulf: "The place was overgrown and a bit dank looking"
[Wed Oct 19 21:30:58 2016] : Guthmund: "It wasn't a bear, or not really"
[Wed Oct 19 21:31:14 2016] : Guthmund: "It may have been someone in wildshape"
[Wed Oct 19 21:31:28 2016] : Guthmund: ooc presumably a ranger knows about such things
[Wed Oct 19 21:31:35 2016] : Jhod: ooc knows of, that's for sure ;-)
[Wed Oct 19 21:32:15 2016] : Jhod: "A... curse, perhaps? What happened? Did you find the history?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:32:17 2016] : Eadfrid: "The place was cursed. Killing the bear-man seemed to lift it."
[Wed Oct 19 21:32:29 2016] : Adwulf: "There were some carvings, but they didn't mean much to us. Presumably you could decipher them, though"
[Wed Oct 19 21:32:46 2016] : Jhod: "Will you escort me there?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:34:07 2016] : Guthmund: "Are you paying for guides?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:34:30 2016] : Jhod: "I can... not offer you gold. Healing, though: that I can help with."
[Wed Oct 19 21:34:37 2016] : Jhod: "It seems a dangerous life you lead."
[Wed Oct 19 21:34:58 2016] : Adwulf: "It certainly is"
[Wed Oct 19 21:34:58 2016] : Guthmund: "Sounds reasonable. I could do with some right now actually."
[Wed Oct 19 21:35:07 2016] : Eadfrid: "Aye"
[Wed Oct 19 21:35:50 2016] : Jhod: Jhod casts a few spells, and you set off again.
[Wed Oct 19 21:35:56 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Oct 19 21:36:09 2016] : Guthmund: HP Status 12 out of 12.
[Wed Oct 19 21:36:14 2016] : Jhod: Back at the temple, you show Jhod the carvings, and he starts reading them.
[Wed Oct 19 21:36:41 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Spontaneous heal spells... He's not evil then ;-)
[Wed Oct 19 21:37:08 2016] : Jhod: "These... show a... story. Loss of faith. Look! Colony failing, trolls and monsters killing, prayer...
[Wed Oct 19 21:37:35 2016] : Guthmund: "What sort of colony?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:37:41 2016] : Jhod: "He... no! That... He brought the bear here, and sacrificed it."
[Wed Oct 19 21:37:54 2016] : Jhod: "To gain aid... not from Erastil."
[Wed Oct 19 21:38:00 2016] : Jhod: "I think the god cursed him."
[Wed Oct 19 21:38:55 2016] : Jhod: "There have been attempts to settle these lands before. KI do not know much of the history."
[Wed Oct 19 21:39:23 2016] : Guthmund: "Someone put in a lot of effort on this place"
[Wed Oct 19 21:39:40 2016] : Jhod: "Which other god would you venerate in the wilds?"
[Wed Oct 19 21:39:43 2016] : Adwulf: "By the looks on his face as he died, I think he learned his lesson"
[Wed Oct 19 21:39:43 2016] : Guthmund: "Surprising that they sacrificed to something else"
[Wed Oct 19 21:40:03 2016] : Jhod: Jhod asks the question as if it shouldn't need asking.
[Wed Oct 19 21:40:39 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund shrugs
[Wed Oct 19 21:40:48 2016] : Guthmund: "Not my area"
[Wed Oct 19 21:41:00 2016] : Jhod: "I think this could be a holy place again, if ever people lived here."
[Wed Oct 19 21:41:02 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc as in there is an obvious answer or Jhod doesn't think there is an answer?
[Wed Oct 19 21:41:16 2016] : Jhod: ooc he thinks there is no other god you would venerate.
[Wed Oct 19 21:42:19 2016] : Jhod: "There is nothing to do today, though. A temple without worshippers is as sad as the funeral of a child."
[Wed Oct 19 21:42:49 2016] : Eadfrid: "Still bandits in in the area, I don't think anyone will settle here until they are gone."
[Wed Oct 19 21:43:07 2016] : Jhod: "That is true."
[Wed Oct 19 21:43:23 2016] : Guthmund: "I've heard people can spontaneously come up with their own gods, or demons can pose as them"
[Wed Oct 19 21:43:40 2016] : Guthmund: "But as I say, it's not really my thing at all"
[Wed Oct 19 21:43:57 2016] : Jhod: "The temple will abide, though."
[Wed Oct 19 21:44:27 2016] : Jhod: "Thank you. I feel... better now."
[Wed Oct 19 21:44:37 2016] : Jhod: Jhod sighs, as if relaxing.
[Wed Oct 19 21:45:52 2016] : DM: GAME END