Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 12 20:11:09 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 12 20:11:46 2016] : DM: ooc this is the first time Bake Off has made us literally laugh out loud.
[Wed Oct 12 20:11:51 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid adjusts his new suit of armor. "Not the best but better than the last set."
[Wed Oct 12 20:12:05 2016] : Guthmund: ooc don't spoil! We watch it after the game
[Wed Oct 12 20:12:14 2016] : DM: ooc no spoilers :)
[Wed Oct 12 20:13:08 2016] : DM: You cleared out the bandit camp, and returned to Oleg's. There were now some guards, led by Kesten Garess. He offered a reward for capturing his former colleague, a thief and presumed bandit.
[Wed Oct 12 20:13:59 2016] : DM: Other requests you have open are to find Svetlana's ring, hunt down any more bandits, and explore the region.
[Wed Oct 12 20:14:35 2016] : DM: You know that the main bandit camp is downriver from the camp you found, but that it's in quite a defensible site.
[Wed Oct 12 20:14:38 2016] : DM: Do you have a plan?
[Wed Oct 12 20:14:53 2016] : DM: It's currently late evening.
[Wed Oct 12 20:15:09 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I plan to become a better fighter before taking on the next camp!
[Wed Oct 12 20:15:33 2016] : Eadfrid: "We should kill the bandit king but I do not think we are powerful enough to do so yet. The satellite camps were difficult enough."
[Wed Oct 12 20:17:27 2016] : Guthmund: "I agree Eadfrid"
[Wed Oct 12 20:17:39 2016] : Eadfrid: "Perhaps we should explore and see what other troubles affect this region?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:17:45 2016] : Guthmund: "I should like to hone my skills somewhat before we attempt that"
[Wed Oct 12 20:19:16 2016] : Alhandra: "I would like to learn a bit more about tapping into my powers in combat too"
[Wed Oct 12 20:19:25 2016] : Alhandra: "I feel I'm not being very useful so far"
[Wed Oct 12 20:19:57 2016] : Guthmund: "Perhaps exploring the area with traps?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:20:19 2016] : DM: ooc that's the area you've already explored thoroughly
[Wed Oct 12 20:20:26 2016] : Guthmund: "Or into the woods"
[Wed Oct 12 20:20:27 2016] : DM: ooc you can tell because it looks artistic :-)
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:17 2016] : Alhandra: ooc exploring with traps?
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:23 2016] : Alhandra: oooc I'm not following your thoughts here
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:35 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc the grey are unexplored?
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:36 2016] : DM: ooc the left-hand area "Where the traps were"
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:43 2016] : DM: ooc yes - grey = unknown terrain
[Wed Oct 12 20:21:50 2016] : DM: ooc light green = plains
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:02 2016] : DM: ooc dark green = forest
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:14 2016] : Alhandra: ooc what are the traps?
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:17 2016] : Guthmund: "We could look into the forest near where we left the bandit body"
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:20 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I missed that.
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:40 2016] : DM: ooc yes - there was an area of the forest with some really nasty traps, set up to catch humans as well as animals
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:46 2016] : DM: ooc you cleared them all out.
[Wed Oct 12 20:22:52 2016] : Eadfrid: "Sure"
[Wed Oct 12 20:23:18 2016] : Guthmund: "OK. I guess horses will only be a nuisance in the woods"
[Wed Oct 12 20:23:34 2016] : Guthmund: "We should probably leave them here as it's not too far"
[Wed Oct 12 20:24:13 2016] : Guthmund: "But a night in a bed would not go amiss first"
[Wed Oct 12 20:24:42 2016] : Alhandra: "I would go for a bed too"
[Wed Oct 12 20:24:47 2016] : DM: Svetlana cooks a good meal for all of you, and in the morning you set off.
[Wed Oct 12 20:24:57 2016] : Guthmund: ooc how big is each hex?
[Wed Oct 12 20:25:25 2016] : DM: ooc each hex is... *looks it up* 12 miles across
[Wed Oct 12 20:25:32 2016] : DM: ooc that's about 20km
[Wed Oct 12 20:26:17 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc that's a lot of ground to survey
[Wed Oct 12 20:26:29 2016] : Guthmund: ooc about 4 hours' walk at a moderate pace to the dead bandit
[Wed Oct 12 20:26:58 2016] : DM: ooc yes, but remember you're in armour now
[Wed Oct 12 20:27:06 2016] : DM: ooc it'll be about 5 hours to the dead bandit.
[Wed Oct 12 20:28:01 2016] : Guthmund: "So, riding or walking?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:28:12 2016] : Eadfrid: "Riding I'd say"
[Wed Oct 12 20:28:24 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, i'm happy either way."
[Wed Oct 12 20:28:56 2016] : Guthmund: "Let's take a less direct route so that we can scout out this area a little more"
[Wed Oct 12 20:29:24 2016] : Guthmund: "It may take us a little longer, but it means we leave Oleg's that bit more safe"
[Wed Oct 12 20:29:38 2016] : DM: ooc the hex around Oleg's is already mapped.
[Wed Oct 12 20:30:09 2016] : Guthmund: ooc D'uh!
[Wed Oct 12 20:30:32 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'm clearly not getting it ;-)
[Wed Oct 12 20:30:33 2016] : Alhandra: "Sounds good to me. I like the idea of learning to know the region better"
[Wed Oct 12 20:30:51 2016] : Guthmund: "Ignore that, let's just get there!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:31:00 2016] : Eadfrid: "I wonder if we'll meet those fey again."
[Wed Oct 12 20:31:00 2016] : Alhandra: "Might actually come in handy some day"
[Wed Oct 12 20:31:09 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund heads out
[Wed Oct 12 20:31:17 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid rides out
[Wed Oct 12 20:31:51 2016] : DM: You ride across the plains; the weather is cloudy but dry. After a couple of hours, as you approach the edge of the forest, you hear a lot of flies buzzing around the body of the bandit. The corpse is otherwise undisturbed, but it smells pretty bad.
[Wed Oct 12 20:32:52 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ug."
[Wed Oct 12 20:33:10 2016] : Eadfrid: "I think we should bury the body."
[Wed Oct 12 20:33:15 2016] : DM: ooc are you doing anything about the body, or leaving it for scavengers? It's been chewed a bit.
[Wed Oct 12 20:34:30 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, let's do it"
[Wed Oct 12 20:34:43 2016] : Guthmund: "Do you have a spade? If not it will have to be a cairn"
[Wed Oct 12 20:35:17 2016] : Eadfrid: "No spade."
[Wed Oct 12 20:35:18 2016] : DM: It takes a couple of hours to build a cairn, and apart from some flies, you see no other animals.
[Wed Oct 12 20:36:03 2016] : DM: Afterwards, you head into the woods, and begin exploring.
[Wed Oct 12 20:37:14 2016] : DM: You spend all afternoon systematically working across the region, identifying important features and what little tracks there are. Night falls, and day breaks, without incident.
[Wed Oct 12 20:38:17 2016] : DM: The following morning, you continue exploring: and towards lunchtime, you come across a clearing. There is a thick carpet of green leafy plants, somewhat trampled and chewed upon.
[Wed Oct 12 20:38:39 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Oct 12 20:38:46 2016] : DM: The culprits are there as well: four kobolds, lying and groaning and clutching their bellies, are slumped in the middle of the patch.
[Wed Oct 12 20:38:58 2016] : Kobold: "Our patch! Go way!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:08 2016] : Eadfrid: "Patch of what? Leaves?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:14 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Kobold nip?
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:24 2016] : Kobold: The kobold's scratchy, high-pitched voice sounds slightly over-fed
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:35 2016] : Kobold: "Radishes."
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:41 2016] : Kobold: The kobold speaks with great emphasis.
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:50 2016] : Kobold: "Now go away or we fight you!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:39:59 2016] : Alhandra: "Fight for radishes? Really?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:40:08 2016] : Eadfrid: "I don't think we're really interested."
[Wed Oct 12 20:40:12 2016] : Kobold: "Better than normal radishes."
[Wed Oct 12 20:40:38 2016] : Guthmund: "I think not. We're looking about. Keep yourselves to yourselves and we'll all be just fine"
[Wed Oct 12 20:40:53 2016] : Kobold: "Go 'way then."
[Wed Oct 12 20:41:07 2016] : Kobold: The other kobolds groan feebly in agreement
[Wed Oct 12 20:42:18 2016] : Eadfrid: (quietly to the others) "I think these might not be normal radishes"
[Wed Oct 12 20:42:32 2016] : Alhandra: wh: "Really?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:42:36 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund shrugs
[Wed Oct 12 20:43:25 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid, overcome with curiousity attempts to sneakily pick a radish.
[Wed Oct 12 20:43:30 2016] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(5) + -3] = 2
[Wed Oct 12 20:43:36 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(18) + -1 + 7] = 24
[Wed Oct 12 20:43:51 2016] : Kobold: "Thieves!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:43:57 2016] : Kobold: ooc "Hates them we does!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:02 2016] : Kobold: Initiative, please.
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:03 2016] : Eadfrid: "No! I picked it for you."
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:13 2016] : Kobold: OK, a Bluff check.
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:14 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:15 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid offers the radish.
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:22 2016] : Eadfrid: Bluff: [1d20(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:30 2016] : Kobold: Wisdom: [1d20(14) + -1] = 13
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:41 2016] : Kobold: "Liars and thieves!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:42 2016] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:45 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 1 + 2] = 10
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:48 2016] : Kobold: ooc Initiative is definitely on now :-)
[Wed Oct 12 20:44:50 2016] : Kobold: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:09 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc sorry everyone, but this was funnier than walking away
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:26 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol, schon ok
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:27 2016] : Kobold: The kobolds stagger to their feet and grab their spears. One of them hurls a sling stone at David.
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:30 2016] : Kobold: Sling: Attack: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14 - Damage: [1d3(3)] = 3 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:38 2016] : Kobold: ooc at Eadfrid!
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:41 2016] : Alhandra: "Hey!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:45 2016] : Kobold: ooc straight through the fourth wall ;-)
[Wed Oct 12 20:45:47 2016] : Guthmund: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 12 20:46:03 2016] : Kobold: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 12 20:46:15 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc map?
[Wed Oct 12 20:46:21 2016] : Alhandra: ooc no metagaming DM, whatever beef you have bwith David should not transpire in the game :P
[Wed Oct 12 20:46:35 2016] : Kobold: ooc no real need for a map - it's a small clearing about 25' across
[Wed Oct 12 20:47:44 2016] : Alhandra: ooc that's a lot of people for such a small clearing ;)
[Wed Oct 12 20:48:27 2016] : Kobold: ooc maybe 35' across.
[Wed Oct 12 20:48:37 2016] : Kobold: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 12 20:49:27 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to quiet the kobolds by drawing her bow and looking menacing
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:06 2016] : Kobold: ooc Intimidate check please?
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:12 2016] : Alhandra: [1d20(6)] = 6
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:27 2016] : Kobold: The kobolds are unimpressed. Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:34 2016] : Alhandra: "Come now, we're bigger!"
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:39 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 12 20:50:57 2016] : Guthmund: Gutmund pulls his sling from his belt and tosses a stone at D
[Wed Oct 12 20:51:08 2016] : Guthmund: Sling: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 Damage: [1d4(4) + 4] = 8 HP;
[Wed Oct 12 20:51:19 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Oct 12 20:51:47 2016] : Kobold: Miss. The kobolds charge, screaming in Draconic. It's probably good that you can't understand them.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:12 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4 - Damage: [1d6(4) + -1] = 3 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:13 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(4) + -1] = 3 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:17 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(5) + -1] = 4 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:24 2016] : Kobold: Sling: Attack: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15 - Damage: [1d3(1)] = 1 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:47 2016] : Kobold: Two of them charge Eadfrid, and both miss; Alhandra also turns aside a spear, while Guthmund dodges a sling stone.
[Wed Oct 12 20:52:48 2016] : Kobold: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:30 2016] : Eadfrid: Slicing
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:34 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9; Hit: [2d6(6,3) + 6] = 15 damage.
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:37 2016] : Eadfrid: Or not.
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:40 2016] : Eadfrid: Done.
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:53 2016] : Kobold: Eadfrid also misses, so it's Alhandra's turn.
[Wed Oct 12 20:53:57 2016] : Kobold: Kobold: AC = 14
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:17 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra nocks an arrow and shoots
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:21 2016] : Alhandra: Longbow: [1d20(19) + 3] = 22 Damage: [1d6(3) + 0] = 3 HP;
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:34 2016] : Kobold: The kobolds try to poke you with spears as you do so.
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:36 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12 - Damage: [1d6(6) + -1] = 5 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:37 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(1) + -1] = 0 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:43 2016] : Kobold: ...but both miss.
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:48 2016] : Alhandra: ooc wait, I'll take a 5 ft step back?
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:55 2016] : Alhandra: ooc or no need ;)
[Wed Oct 12 20:54:57 2016] : Kobold: The kobold dies.
[Wed Oct 12 20:55:00 2016] : Kobold: Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 12 20:55:29 2016] : Guthmund: Gutmund drops his sling, sraws his falchion and attacks C
[Wed Oct 12 20:55:36 2016] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18 Damage: [2d4(4,2) + 9] = 15 HP; Power attack;
[Wed Oct 12 20:55:55 2016] : Kobold: The kobold dies, rather more spectacularly.
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:08 2016] : Guthmund: Then steps forward
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:10 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:25 2016] : Kobold: The two remaining kobolds look at their dead comrades, and...
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:42 2016] : Kobold: even more enraged, they keep attacking.
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:51 2016] : Kobold: Spear: Attack: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17 - Damage: [1d6(4) + -1] = 3 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:56:54 2016] : Kobold: Sling: Attack: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10 - Damage: [1d3(1)] = 1 HP.
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:18 2016] : Kobold: Eadfrid's new armour proves its worth; he will feel the bruise but knows it could have been worse.
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:21 2016] : Kobold: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:26 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22; Hit: [2d6(3,6) + 6] = 15 damage.
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:36 2016] : Eadfrid: And move to B
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:38 2016] : Kobold: Another death, just as messy as the last one.
[Wed Oct 12 20:57:45 2016] : Kobold: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:00 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc and I stood in the way of the bow user. oops.
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:09 2016] : Kobold: ooc that's the joy of it all!
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:16 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra moves to see better and shoots
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:26 2016] : Alhandra: Longbow: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17 Damage: [1d8(6) + 0] = 6 HP;
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:53 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 12 20:58:54 2016] : Kobold: And the last kobold dies.
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:16 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid puts his sword away and eats a radish.
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:27 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we did day they didn't need to bother us"
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:35 2016] : Eadfrid: "Let's see what all the fuss was about."
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:36 2016] : Guthmund: "Is it any good?"
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:51 2016] : Kobold: The radish has a really good flavour: crisp texture, peppery and rich tast.
[Wed Oct 12 20:59:54 2016] : Kobold: ooc taste.
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:03 2016] : Eadfrid: "Nice."
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:11 2016] : Alhandra: "So? Worth dying for?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:12 2016] : Kobold: It's obvious that these are indeed better than your average radish.
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:25 2016] : DM: ... but probably not worth violence.
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:36 2016] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 12 21:00:40 2016] : Eadfrid: "They're nice, but they're not that nice."
[Wed Oct 12 21:01:30 2016] : Alhandra: "ok, this was...interesting"
[Wed Oct 12 21:01:51 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra looks closer at the kobolds, trying to understand where they came from
[Wed Oct 12 21:02:15 2016] : Guthmund: "I don't like radishes anyway"
[Wed Oct 12 21:02:36 2016] : Alhandra: ooc and finds one of them with a ring around its finger. The rings faintly glows and as she takes it, she hears in her head. MY PRECIOUSSSS RADISSSHHHHH
[Wed Oct 12 21:02:38 2016] : Guthmund: "Still, this blood will help make the land more fertile than ever"
[Wed Oct 12 21:03:00 2016] : Guthmund: "Do they have anything of value?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:03:06 2016] : Guthmund: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Oct 12 21:03:25 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund searches the bloody corpses
[Wed Oct 12 21:03:45 2016] : DM: There's not much to take home: a couple of copper coins, and some scraps.
[Wed Oct 12 21:04:08 2016] : DM: ooc Sarah feels betrayed that I'm not making you all fight a dragon.
[Wed Oct 12 21:04:11 2016] : ** Alhandra found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Oct 12 21:04:53 2016] : DM: ooc scraps of shiny metal, etc.
[Wed Oct 12 21:05:26 2016] : Guthmund: "I guess there are the spears too"
[Wed Oct 12 21:05:57 2016] : DM: You have now explored another part of the Greenbelt; what's the next step? It's about lunchtime.
[Wed Oct 12 21:06:04 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes them, wraps them in cloth and stashes them on the horse
[Wed Oct 12 21:07:59 2016] : DM: ooc to the South (the currently grey area) the land rises into rolling hills
[Wed Oct 12 21:08:10 2016] : Eadfrid: "South into the hills?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:08:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "Or east to the plains?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:09:14 2016] : Guthmund: "Shall we look around the old bandit camp?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:09:31 2016] : Guthmund: "We may find our 'friend' has returned"
[Wed Oct 12 21:10:17 2016] : Alhandra: "Isn't that really far?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:10:22 2016] : Eadfrid: "Seems unlikely"
[Wed Oct 12 21:10:44 2016] : DM: ooc the old bandit camp, where the star is, will take you less than half a day's ride.
[Wed Oct 12 21:10:57 2016] : DM: ooc it's around a full day to explore a hex fully, if you're riding.
[Wed Oct 12 21:11:08 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we're close by anyway, and there's money to be made for mapping out the area"
[Wed Oct 12 21:11:39 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm not set on it though"
[Wed Oct 12 21:11:39 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ok"
[Wed Oct 12 21:12:15 2016] : DM: ooc do we have a decision? West to the old bandit camp?
[Wed Oct 12 21:12:42 2016] : Alhandra: "Fine"
[Wed Oct 12 21:13:11 2016] : Guthmund: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 12 21:13:17 2016] : DM: [1d100(55)] = 55
[Wed Oct 12 21:13:40 2016] : DM: You ride across to the old camp, but there's no obvious sign of the surviving bandit - or any other bandits.
[Wed Oct 12 21:13:44 2016] : DM: The site looks abandoned.
[Wed Oct 12 21:14:14 2016] : DM: Survival checks, please?
[Wed Oct 12 21:14:40 2016] : Guthmund: ooc track, or survival?
[Wed Oct 12 21:14:45 2016] : DM: ooc Survival.
[Wed Oct 12 21:14:47 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Oct 12 21:15:07 2016] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(12) + -1] = 11
[Wed Oct 12 21:15:08 2016] : DM: Guthmund is confident that no humanoids have been here since you left.
[Wed Oct 12 21:16:48 2016] : DM: ooc coloured in some areas, forest and hills
[Wed Oct 12 21:16:55 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, let's look around this area a bit more"
[Wed Oct 12 21:18:42 2016] : DM: You explore the area, and find the river flows from north to south (blue line incoming)
[Wed Oct 12 21:19:50 2016] : DM: To the west, the ground becomes wetter, and more marshy.
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:04 2016] : DM: [1d100(43)] = 43
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:17 2016] : DM: Nothing much happens as you explore the area.
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:20 2016] : Guthmund: ooc it flows *into* the hills?
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:22 2016] : DM: But another day passes.
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:45 2016] : DM: ooc the hills are a downward slope; you're in a high-altitude region.
[Wed Oct 12 21:20:57 2016] : Guthmund: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 12 21:21:27 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we know which way to go to find the bandit camp"
[Wed Oct 12 21:21:46 2016] : Guthmund: "Hills or more woods?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:22:17 2016] : Eadfrid: "East to the hills for a change."
[Wed Oct 12 21:23:22 2016] : Alhandra: "As long as there are no clearings. And no radishes..."
[Wed Oct 12 21:23:58 2016] : DM: The hills are rolling terrain; they cause you enough backtracking and difficulty that it would clearly take a lot longer to cross the area.
[Wed Oct 12 21:24:02 2016] : DM: [1d100(91)] = 91
[Wed Oct 12 21:24:02 2016] : DM: [1d100(95)] = 95
[Wed Oct 12 21:24:15 2016] : DM: It takes two days of exploring...
[Wed Oct 12 21:24:24 2016] : DM: I'm going to need some Perception checks, please.
[Wed Oct 12 21:24:51 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Oct 12 21:25:25 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26
[Wed Oct 12 21:25:57 2016] : DM: Eadfrid spots a crack in a rocky crag; it's wide enough to walk in and dark inside, but the entrance is a bit overgrown.
[Wed Oct 12 21:26:08 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Oct 12 21:26:24 2016] : Eadfrid: "A cave"
[Wed Oct 12 21:26:37 2016] : Eadfrid: "Might be worth checking out."
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:09 2016] : Alhandra: "My experience is that it's never "worth" entering an unknown cave"
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:19 2016] : Alhandra: "It might be interesting. Daring. Challenging."
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:24 2016] : Alhandra: "But hardly "worth""
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:28 2016] : Alhandra: "Let's goo"
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:37 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra smiles
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:42 2016] : Alhandra: ooc s/goo/go
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:52 2016] : DM: ooc who's leading?
[Wed Oct 12 21:27:53 2016] : Guthmund: "I think it sounds interesting"
[Wed Oct 12 21:28:03 2016] : Guthmund: "I can lead if you like"
[Wed Oct 12 21:28:19 2016] : Eadfrid: "Very well."
[Wed Oct 12 21:28:21 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund lights his lantern
[Wed Oct 12 21:28:47 2016] : Alhandra: "I'll stay at the back"
[Wed Oct 12 21:29:01 2016] : DM: Guthmund heads in, and the crack leads down underground.
[Wed Oct 12 21:29:07 2016] : Guthmund: ooc can Alhandra cast light?
[Wed Oct 12 21:29:12 2016] : DM: It opens up a little, forming a small cave.
[Wed Oct 12 21:29:43 2016] : DM: A few bats swoop around, startled by the light, but are no threat.
[Wed Oct 12 21:30:14 2016] : DM: The cave wall opposite the entrance sparkles a little.
[Wed Oct 12 21:31:01 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc any other exits?
[Wed Oct 12 21:31:29 2016] : DM: ooc nope.
[Wed Oct 12 21:31:44 2016] : DM: It's a dead end, but it's the only cave you've found so far.
[Wed Oct 12 21:31:58 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Oct 12 21:32:21 2016] : DM: ooc Appraise, or Knowledge: Dungeoneering, would be useful here.
[Wed Oct 12 21:32:24 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund searches for anything that might be more than it appears to be
[Wed Oct 12 21:32:28 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(13) + 0] = 13
[Wed Oct 12 21:32:36 2016] : Guthmund: Appraise: [1d20(2) + 0] = 2
[Wed Oct 12 21:33:38 2016] : Alhandra: Appraise: [1d20(5) + 0] = 5
[Wed Oct 12 21:33:44 2016] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(12) + 0] = 12
[Wed Oct 12 21:33:57 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 21:34:05 2016] : Eadfrid: Appraise: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Oct 12 21:34:18 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Dungeoneering: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21
[Wed Oct 12 21:34:27 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc untrained
[Wed Oct 12 21:35:00 2016] : DM: Eadfrid has a suspicion about the glitter; it might be worth coming back here in future; but right now he's not sure what it means.
[Wed Oct 12 21:35:32 2016] : Eadfrid: "Should tell a geologist about this cave."
[Wed Oct 12 21:36:11 2016] : Guthmund: "A what?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:36:16 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ;-)
[Wed Oct 12 21:36:20 2016] : DM: ooc :-D
[Wed Oct 12 21:36:51 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, nothing interesting here"
[Wed Oct 12 21:36:57 2016] : Guthmund: "Shall we leave?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:37:06 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund moves out
[Wed Oct 12 21:37:07 2016] : DM: You leave the cave, and find the horses where you left them.
[Wed Oct 12 21:37:51 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol @ geologistwhat?
[Wed Oct 12 21:37:57 2016] : DM: Which way are you heading?
[Wed Oct 12 21:38:00 2016] : Alhandra: "Uneventful at best"
[Wed Oct 12 21:38:07 2016] : Alhandra: "I guess it was worth it"
[Wed Oct 12 21:38:31 2016] : Alhandra: "Let's head to the unvisited hexagon
[Wed Oct 12 21:38:48 2016] : Alhandra: "Let's head to the unvisited hexagon"
[Wed Oct 12 21:39:22 2016] : Guthmund: ooc the unvisited what? :-)
[Wed Oct 12 21:39:40 2016] : DM: You travel East, completing your circuit back towards Oleg's.
[Wed Oct 12 21:39:41 2016] : Guthmund: "Which area?"
[Wed Oct 12 21:40:07 2016] : DM: ooc where I've moved the marker?
[Wed Oct 12 21:40:28 2016] : Alhandra: "Anywhere we haven't been before"
[Wed Oct 12 21:40:47 2016] : DM: ooc you've been out for several days; I'm assuming you're heading back for new rations.
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:01 2016] : DM: ooc and maybe a bath...
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:15 2016] : DM: [1d100(57)] = 57
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:36 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, it's been fairly uneventful"
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:45 2016] : DM: The hills rise onto a plateau, and you begin to realise just how high the land here is.
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:50 2016] : DM: As you explore...
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:55 2016] : DM: ooc Perception checks please!
[Wed Oct 12 21:41:59 2016] : Guthmund: "I'd hoped we might find something"
[Wed Oct 12 21:42:02 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Oct 12 21:42:33 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(15) + 7] = 22
[Wed Oct 12 21:42:51 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:16 2016] : Alhandra: Attacks:
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:18 2016] : DM: [1d3(1)] = 1
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:21 2016] : Alhandra: Obscuring Mist: Level 1 - A 20 ft radius, stationary vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (20% miss chance). Those beyond have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Duration: 1 minutes
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:22 2016] : Alhandra: Obscuring Mist: Level 1 - A 20 ft radius, stationary vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (20% miss chance). Those beyond have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Duration: 1 minutes
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:28 2016] : Alhandra: ooc sorry!
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:39 2016] : DM: Guthmund is suddenly leapt upon by an enormous spider!
[Wed Oct 12 21:43:50 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4 - Damage: [1d6(2) + 0] = 2 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Oct 12 21:44:13 2016] : DM: It mistimes its leap and lands the other side of the track. Initiative, please.
[Wed Oct 12 21:44:15 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Oct 12 21:44:23 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Oct 12 21:44:26 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 1 + 2] = 16
[Wed Oct 12 21:44:33 2016] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Oct 12 21:44:45 2016] : DM: Eadfrid, you're next.
[Wed Oct 12 21:45:02 2016] : DM: You're all currently mounted, so I'll need Ride checks at times.
[Wed Oct 12 21:45:30 2016] : DM: Guthmund needs to make a ride check now, please, as his mount rears in terror.
[Wed Oct 12 21:45:51 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I thought we had opted for foot from the get go?
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:07 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16; Hit: [2d6(6,6) + 6] = 18 damage.
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:11 2016] : DM: ooc no, you went for horses, because of the distances involved.
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:13 2016] : DM: Giant Spider: AC = 14
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:26 2016] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(8) + -2] = 6
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:34 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 12 21:46:52 2016] : DM: Guthmund stays in the saddle, but his horse runs away.
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:04 2016] : DM: Guthmund injures the spider badly, and it hisses and turns to bite him.
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:09 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16 - Damage: [1d6(1) + 0] = 1 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Oct 12 21:47:17 2016] : ** DM found the F12 macro key **
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:20 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Eadfrid
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:35 2016] : DM: ... but his armour turns the bite aside. It's providing value for money.
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:37 2016] : DM: ooc yes.
[Wed Oct 12 21:47:39 2016] : DM: ooc that.
[Wed Oct 12 21:48:12 2016] : DM: The spider is badly injured; Alhandra, you're next.
[Wed Oct 12 21:48:35 2016] : DM: I need a ride check from Eadfrid and one from Alhandra, please.
[Wed Oct 12 21:48:50 2016] : Alhandra: Ride: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Oct 12 21:48:58 2016] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 12 21:49:28 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to unmount as fast as she can.
[Wed Oct 12 21:49:31 2016] : DM: Eadfrid failed to get his horse to behave, and it won't approach the spider.
[Wed Oct 12 21:49:40 2016] : DM: Alhandra falls on her backside, but without injuring herself.
[Wed Oct 12 21:49:45 2016] : DM: Guthmund? Ride check, please?
[Wed Oct 12 21:50:14 2016] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(3) + -2] = 1
[Wed Oct 12 21:50:29 2016] : DM: Guthmund's horse carries on legging it.
[Wed Oct 12 21:50:50 2016] : DM: The spider turns to the nearest target, and tries to bite Alhandra's horse.
[Wed Oct 12 21:50:54 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18 - Damage: [1d6(4) + 0] = 4 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Oct 12 21:51:35 2016] : Alhandra: Fortitude: Zephyr [1d20(2) + 6] = 8
[Wed Oct 12 21:51:42 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 12 21:52:19 2016] : DM: The horse runs away, and the spider tries to catch it as it goes.
[Wed Oct 12 21:52:20 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(10) + 1] = 11 - Damage: [1d6(4) + 0] = 4 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Oct 12 21:52:41 2016] : DM: ooc summons are loose horses
[Wed Oct 12 21:52:50 2016] : Alhandra: ooc ?
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:02 2016] : DM: ooc your action
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:12 2016] : DM: ooc you dismounted, and your horse has started running away
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:14 2016] : Alhandra: oc I didn't understand your sentence about summons
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:29 2016] : DM: ooc on the map
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:31 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc the S1 mini is your horse
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:35 2016] : Alhandra: ooc ah ok, sorry.
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:50 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra takes a 5 ft step back and prepares her bow
[Wed Oct 12 21:53:58 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 12 21:54:46 2016] : DM: Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 12 21:55:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc my horse is frightened?
[Wed Oct 12 21:55:04 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 12 21:55:11 2016] : Guthmund: ooc what are my options?
[Wed Oct 12 21:55:35 2016] : DM: ooc you can make Ride checks to try to control your horse; you can try to dismount (Ride check to not fall)
[Wed Oct 12 21:55:59 2016] : DM: ooc you can try to shoot at the spider as your horse flees underneath you, but I doubt that's going to go well :-)
[Wed Oct 12 21:56:05 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund tries to control the horse
[Wed Oct 12 21:56:07 2016] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(9) + -2] = 7
[Wed Oct 12 21:56:39 2016] : DM: The horse keeps running, but Guthmund eventually stops it.
[Wed Oct 12 21:56:50 2016] : DM: ooc I should have done this E/W!
[Wed Oct 12 21:56:52 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 21:57:13 2016] : DM: Your horse is not fleeing, but you'll need to make a Ride check to get it to go closer.
[Wed Oct 12 21:57:34 2016] : Eadfrid: Dismount and attack.
[Wed Oct 12 21:57:36 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21; Hit: [2d6(6,2) + 6] = 14 damage.
[Wed Oct 12 21:57:52 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 12 21:58:41 2016] : DM: The spider is badly injured, and turns to attack Eadfrid.
[Wed Oct 12 21:58:42 2016] : DM: Bite: Attack: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8 - Damage: [1d6(1) + 0] = 1 HP. "
Poison: Fort DC 14 or take [1d2(1)] = 1 Strength damage.

[Wed Oct 12 21:58:48 2016] : DM: It misses.
[Wed Oct 12 21:58:52 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 12 21:59:29 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra shoots
[Wed Oct 12 21:59:40 2016] : Alhandra: Longbow (30ft): [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3 HP;
[Wed Oct 12 22:00:15 2016] : DM: Miss. Guthmund? Your horse is now under your control again.
[Wed Oct 12 22:00:44 2016] : Guthmund: Gutmund turns and moves back towards the spider
[Wed Oct 12 22:01:02 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 22:01:08 2016] : Guthmund: ooc double move for a horse is?
[Wed Oct 12 22:01:30 2016] : Guthmund: ooc 100 ft
[Wed Oct 12 22:01:50 2016] : DM: ooc more-or-less.
[Wed Oct 12 22:02:04 2016] : DM: ooc I'm just going to say you're back in "sensible range".
[Wed Oct 12 22:02:05 2016] : Guthmund: As he approaches Guthmund tries to hit with a sling bullet
[Wed Oct 12 22:02:08 2016] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(15) + -2] = 13
[Wed Oct 12 22:02:15 2016] : Guthmund: Sling: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16 Damage: [1d4(2) + 4] = 6 HP; Power attack;
[Wed Oct 12 22:02:54 2016] : Guthmund: ooc power attack doesn't do anyhting to that attack BTW, just forgot to change the node
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:03 2016] : DM: The bullet flies fast...
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:11 2016] : DM: [1d2(1)] = 1 - 1=Eadfrid
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:29 2016] : DM: And at exactly the wrong moment, Eadfrid shifts: and the bullet bounces off his armour.
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:32 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:36 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19; Hit: [2d6(3,1) + 6] = 10 damage.
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:40 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:43 2016] : DM: Eadfrid kills the spider.
[Wed Oct 12 22:03:56 2016] : Alhandra: "Thanks!"
[Wed Oct 12 22:04:06 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra runs after her horse
[Wed Oct 12 22:04:09 2016] : Guthmund: "I think that I need to learn how to ride a horse!"
[Wed Oct 12 22:04:14 2016] : DM: It doesn't take long to round up Alhandra's horse, but I'm going to need another Fort save or two please.
[Wed Oct 12 22:04:54 2016] : Eadfrid: "Yeah, a skill I have also neglected."
[Wed Oct 12 22:05:10 2016] : Alhandra: "Seems we all do"
[Wed Oct 12 22:06:15 2016] : DM: Alhandra, can you roll Fort saves for your horse, please?
[Wed Oct 12 22:06:51 2016] : Guthmund: "Good job killing the spider Eadfrid"
[Wed Oct 12 22:06:54 2016] : Alhandra: Fortitude: Horse [1d20(12) + 6] = 18
[Wed Oct 12 22:06:55 2016] : Alhandra: Fortitude: Horse [1d20(13) + 6] = 19
[Wed Oct 12 22:06:56 2016] : Alhandra: Fortitude: Horse [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Oct 12 22:07:14 2016] : Alhandra: ooc how many do you need?
[Wed Oct 12 22:07:21 2016] : DM: ooc that's done
[Wed Oct 12 22:07:43 2016] : DM: The horse is only a little weakened by the poison.
[Wed Oct 12 22:07:53 2016] : DM: Nearby, you can see the trapdoor spider's burrow.
[Wed Oct 12 22:08:39 2016] : DM: It's a burrow, going straight down into the ground, and the webs around it form a cunning camouflage.
[Wed Oct 12 22:08:48 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund tries to sneak up to the burrow
[Wed Oct 12 22:08:50 2016] : DM: They are laden with bits of grass and twig.
[Wed Oct 12 22:08:51 2016] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed Oct 12 22:08:52 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid gives the burrow a poke with the sword in case there is another one in there.
[Wed Oct 12 22:09:07 2016] : DM: The burrow is about 5' across, and goes straight down.
[Wed Oct 12 22:09:39 2016] : DM: There's a lot of webbing, and it would be easy to climb in, but there's no other spiders.
[Wed Oct 12 22:09:50 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra brings back her horse and steadies it
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:08 2016] : Alhandra: "I don't like spiders. At all."
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:19 2016] : Eadfrid: Taking a good look for any loot inside.
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:22 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(15) + 7] = 22
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:36 2016] : Guthmund: "Alhandra, can you cast the light spell like the clerics in my local temple could?"
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:42 2016] : Eadfrid: Climving inside if necessary
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:47 2016] : Eadfrid: climbing
[Wed Oct 12 22:10:49 2016] : DM: Climb check please.
[Wed Oct 12 22:12:16 2016] : Eadfrid: Climb: [1d20(14) + 4] = 18
[Wed Oct 12 22:12:53 2016] : Alhandra: Light: Level 0 - Causes a touched object to glow like a torch for 10 minutes
[Wed Oct 12 22:12:59 2016] : Alhandra: "I can"
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:09 2016] : Guthmund: "Drop it down the hole for Eadfrid"
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:12 2016] : DM: Eadfrid makes it down without difficulty. Among the dessicated corpses is a bandit, still in his (rather battered) armour, carrying a short sword and some coins, but of more interest is a crude map.
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:42 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:43 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra, having cast the lspell on a piece of wood, throws it down the hole
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:51 2016] : Eadfrid: I exit, carrying the discoveries and giving the map a good look.
[Wed Oct 12 22:13:52 2016] : DM: It shows a dry dead tree on a hill, with an X drawn by the base.
[Wed Oct 12 22:14:06 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ooo. A treasure map!"
[Wed Oct 12 22:14:25 2016] : Alhandra: "Nice"
[Wed Oct 12 22:14:30 2016] : DM: You haven't seen a tree like it, but there may be something interesting there... wherever there is.
[Wed Oct 12 22:15:28 2016] : Eadfrid: "Something to keep an eye out for."
[Wed Oct 12 22:16:36 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes"
[Wed Oct 12 22:16:41 2016] : DM: You ride back to Oleg's without incident, and settle in for the night. When you get there, there's a reward waiting for you for the reduction in banditry so far, and the wand you asked Oleg to order has also arrived.
[Wed Oct 12 22:17:15 2016] : DM: With the traders came another man, who introduces himself as Jhod Kaven. He brings news...
[Wed Oct 12 22:17:17 2016] : DM: GAME END