Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 5 20:06:40 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 5 20:07:12 2016] : DM: You have tracked the bandits to their camp, and - largely thanks to Eadfrid's swordsmanship - captured two of them alive.
[Wed Oct 5 20:07:52 2016] : DM: The leader, a woman named Kressle, died abruptly when Eadfrid cut her in two.
[Wed Oct 5 20:08:52 2016] : DM: The other bandits were not particularly to their "big boss", a man referred to as the Stag Lord. They gave out some information about him.
[Wed Oct 5 20:09:06 2016] : DM: ooc I've recapped the information on the campaign wiki page at http://wiki.davidvrabel.org.uk/wiki/The_Stolen_Land
[Wed Oct 5 20:09:20 2016] : DM: The boss, Kressle, reports to a bandit called the Stag Lord. All his officers wear amulets with an image of a stag's skull.
[Wed Oct 5 20:09:28 2016] : DM: The Stag Lord is a drunk, and not popular with his followers, but they don't dare go against him.
[Wed Oct 5 20:09:36 2016] : DM: He's a dead shot with a bow ("Never misses!") and either his helm or his face - the two bandits disagreed - is like a stag's skull.
[Wed Oct 5 20:09:45 2016] : DM: His fort is downriver, on the shore of the lake.
[Wed Oct 5 20:10:16 2016] : DM: For now, you have branded the two bandits and sent them off to Oleg's.
[Wed Oct 5 20:10:56 2016] : Eadfrid: I am keeping watch from one of the platforms. I think there are two bandits on their way here.
[Wed Oct 5 20:10:59 2016] : Guthmund: "I suggest that we head back to Oleg's once we have intercepted those two bandits that ran away"
[Wed Oct 5 20:11:08 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol @ died abruptly when cut in two
[Wed Oct 5 20:11:21 2016] : Guthmund: "We can see what we can trade for all of this bandit gear"
[Wed Oct 5 20:11:21 2016] : DM: It's early morning; you rode overnight. You could set up an ambush here, or you could try to intercept them on the way here.
[Wed Oct 5 20:11:53 2016] : Guthmund: "They won't be expecting us here, so this seems like a good place to catch them"
[Wed Oct 5 20:12:02 2016] : Eadfrid: "I have clear lines of sight from up here, I suggest an ambush."
[Wed Oct 5 20:12:34 2016] : Eadfrid: "Anyone good at ranged want to take my place?"
[Wed Oct 5 20:13:28 2016] : Guthmund: "I am OK with a bow or sling"
[Wed Oct 5 20:13:37 2016] : Guthmund: "I can stand up there"
[Wed Oct 5 20:14:51 2016] : DM: Having ridden all night, it's quite tiring to stay up.
[Wed Oct 5 20:14:53 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid decends to take up position behind a tree.
[Wed Oct 5 20:14:59 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund ascends to a platform and lays out a bunch of arrows, his sling and some stones
[Wed Oct 5 20:15:19 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund then keeps an eye out, trying to stay awake
[Wed Oct 5 20:15:49 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I'm sorry I'm not sure where we are?
[Wed Oct 5 20:16:04 2016] : DM: ooc you're at the bandit camp.
[Wed Oct 5 20:16:10 2016] : Guthmund: ooc no map
[Wed Oct 5 20:16:11 2016] : DM: ooc one moment and I'll get the map set up.
[Wed Oct 5 20:18:07 2016] : DM: The bandits are likely to approach from the North.
[Wed Oct 5 20:19:08 2016] : DM: OK, for those staying awake, I'll need a CON check please
[Wed Oct 5 20:19:12 2016] : DM: [1d6(6)] = 6
[Wed Oct 5 20:19:40 2016] : Guthmund: Constitution: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed Oct 5 20:20:13 2016] : DM: In fact, I'll need two CON checks each please
[Wed Oct 5 20:20:19 2016] : Alhandra: Constitution: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Oct 5 20:20:20 2016] : Alhandra: Constitution: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Oct 5 20:20:28 2016] : Alhandra: ooc wow.
[Wed Oct 5 20:21:13 2016] : Guthmund: Constitution: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 5 20:21:13 2016] : Eadfrid: Constitution: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed Oct 5 20:21:14 2016] : Eadfrid: Constitution: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Oct 5 20:21:42 2016] : DM: Guthmund and Eadfrid are Fatigued by the time the bandits come into view.
[Wed Oct 5 20:21:56 2016] : DM: They're not making any effort to sneak up, so you can attack when you want to.
[Wed Oct 5 20:23:07 2016] : DM: How close do you let them get?
[Wed Oct 5 20:23:21 2016] : Alhandra: ooc can I cure some of the fatigue by some healing check or something?
[Wed Oct 5 20:23:33 2016] : DM: ooc no, it's basically sleep deprivation
[Wed Oct 5 20:23:49 2016] : Alhandra: ooc /me needs a "power nap" spell
[Wed Oct 5 20:24:03 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid readies a charge (40 ft range).
[Wed Oct 5 20:24:54 2016] : DM: You won't be able to charge across the stream
[Wed Oct 5 20:25:18 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund is waiting for about 30 ft range
[Wed Oct 5 20:25:58 2016] : DM: Alhandra, when are you planning to attack?
[Wed Oct 5 20:26:00 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Look up "nap stack" !
[Wed Oct 5 20:26:25 2016] : Guthmund: ooc it's higher level, but it does this kind of thing.
[Wed Oct 5 20:26:58 2016] : Alhandra: ooc omg I lost my pcgen character :'(
[Wed Oct 5 20:27:38 2016] : DM: ooc :(
[Wed Oct 5 20:27:57 2016] : Guthmund: ooc is there a tree backup? Last_good.xml?
[Wed Oct 5 20:29:15 2016] : Alhandra: ooc no no tree is good
[Wed Oct 5 20:29:18 2016] : Alhandra: ooc it's pcgen
[Wed Oct 5 20:29:26 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I'll survive, I hve a paper copy
[Wed Oct 5 20:29:50 2016] : Alhandra: oo cjust I need to redo it all :)
[Wed Oct 5 20:30:14 2016] : DM: Alhandra, when are you planning to attack?
[Wed Oct 5 20:30:25 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ah, I misread the PCGEN bit
[Wed Oct 5 20:31:40 2016] : Alhandra: ooc As soon as I see them in range of my longbow. But before that I want to boost us all.
[Wed Oct 5 20:31:45 2016] : Alhandra: ooc we know that they're coming right
[Wed Oct 5 20:31:58 2016] : DM: ooc yes, you know they're coming
[Wed Oct 5 20:32:13 2016] : DM: ooc but once they're within bowshot, if you start casting spells they'll probably hear you
[Wed Oct 5 20:32:24 2016] : Guthmund: ooc we don't know when they are coming
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:09 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yeah but a bless spell is super short at this level, so I probably can't fdo better than that
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:17 2016] : Alhandra: ooc ie. wait till I see them and scast.
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:34 2016] : Alhandra: ooc Eafrid is super far.
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:37 2016] : Alhandra: ooc :(
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:48 2016] : Alhandra: ooc or not
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:52 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:55 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc lurking under the tree with the others
[Wed Oct 5 20:33:57 2016] : DM: OK. Alhandra casts Bless, once the bandits are visible.
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:04 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(12) + -1 + 1] = 12
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:04 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(17) + -1 + 1] = 17
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:18 2016] : DM: One of the bandits says "What's that?"
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:30 2016] : DM: Initiative, please.
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:32 2016] : Alhandra: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 1 minutes.
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:33 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:37 2016] : Guthmund: ooc when she does that I woudn't hang around
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:39 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 1 + 2] = 8
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:40 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Oct 5 20:34:57 2016] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Oct 5 20:35:17 2016] : Alhandra: ooc when I cast bless?
[Wed Oct 5 20:35:24 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 5 20:36:14 2016] : Guthmund: ooc i.e. as soon as she's done I'd shoot
[Wed Oct 5 20:36:48 2016] : DM: Alhandra casts Bless, then Guthmund and Eadfrid get to act, then the bandits go first in the first full round. You have a surprise round action, Guthmund. The bandits are (10*[6d4(4,3,4,3,1,2)] = 17) ft away
[Wed Oct 5 20:36:54 2016] : DM: ooc 170ft
[Wed Oct 5 20:37:18 2016] : Alhandra: ooc brb I'm gonna get a beer, even if that means I'll fall asleep :P
[Wed Oct 5 20:37:24 2016] : DM: ooc OK :)
[Wed Oct 5 20:37:36 2016] : DM: Guthmund, your shot
[Wed Oct 5 20:37:57 2016] : Guthmund: Longbow: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20 Damage: [1d8(4) + 0] = 4 HP;
[Wed Oct 5 20:38:11 2016] : DM: Bandit: AC = 13
[Wed Oct 5 20:38:21 2016] : DM: Hit, despite the long range. The bandit yells.
[Wed Oct 5 20:38:24 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Readying a charge when one gets in range
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:12 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:21 2016] : DM: OK. Round 1.
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:29 2016] : DM: The bandits dive behind trees.
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:39 2016] : Alhandra: ooc are we up or at ground level?
[Wed Oct 5 20:39:44 2016] : DM: Alhandra's turn. You can no longer see the bandits.
[Wed Oct 5 20:40:00 2016] : DM: ooc Guthmund is up on the platform; Eadfrid is at ground level.
[Wed Oct 5 20:40:19 2016] : Alhandra: I'm on the platform as well.
[Wed Oct 5 20:41:23 2016] : Alhandra: ooc fgrrr just deleted what I typed
[Wed Oct 5 20:41:39 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra starts casting a spell in the direction where she last saw the bandits
[Wed Oct 5 20:42:03 2016] : DM: ooc which spell?
[Wed Oct 5 20:42:05 2016] : Alhandra: Summon monster I
[Wed Oct 5 20:42:08 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 5 20:42:26 2016] : DM: OK. Guthmund? The bandits are now behind trees.
[Wed Oct 5 20:43:25 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund delays until he can see one
[Wed Oct 5 20:43:56 2016] : DM: Eadfrid? The bandits have not approached at all.
[Wed Oct 5 20:44:21 2016] : Eadfrid: Using the trees and bushes as cover, Eadfrid advances.
[Wed Oct 5 20:44:36 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 5 20:44:40 2016] : DM: OK, stealth check please.
[Wed Oct 5 20:44:52 2016] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(7) + -3] = 4
[Wed Oct 5 20:45:01 2016] : DM: Eadfrid steps on a dry branch.
[Wed Oct 5 20:45:46 2016] : DM: The bandits start running away. Guthmund can take a shot (effectively as a readied action) if he wants.
[Wed Oct 5 20:45:57 2016] : Guthmund: Longbow: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 Damage: [1d8(3) + 0] = 3 HP;
[Wed Oct 5 20:46:19 2016] : DM: A miss. Alhandra, your summoned monster appears 30' away from you.
[Wed Oct 5 20:46:30 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund drops the bow, then drops from the platform.
[Wed Oct 5 20:46:35 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 5 20:47:00 2016] : Alhandra: It's an eagle and I tell it to find the bandits.
[Wed Oct 5 20:47:25 2016] : DM: OK. It flies off after the bandits.
[Wed Oct 5 20:47:29 2016] : Alhandra: ooc what is E1?
[Wed Oct 5 20:47:40 2016] : DM: ooc I see no E1.
[Wed Oct 5 20:47:52 2016] : Alhandra: ooc near Eafrid
[Wed Oct 5 20:48:01 2016] : DM: ooc that's S1 - your summon
[Wed Oct 5 20:48:11 2016] : Alhandra: ooc S1 sorry, map was smaller
[Wed Oct 5 20:48:16 2016] : Alhandra: ooc looked like an E
[Wed Oct 5 20:49:31 2016] : DM: You get to act as well
[Wed Oct 5 20:50:27 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra is going off the platform in the direction of the bandits
[Wed Oct 5 20:50:29 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 5 20:50:39 2016] : DM: OK. Guthmund?
[Wed Oct 5 20:50:41 2016] : Alhandra: hiding behind trees and all
[Wed Oct 5 20:51:02 2016] : Alhandra: Stealth: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Oct 5 20:52:07 2016] : Guthmund: ooc presumably I dropped last time?
[Wed Oct 5 20:52:11 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 5 20:53:00 2016] : Guthmund: Move 20 ft with sling in hand and then attack
[Wed Oct 5 20:53:04 2016] : Guthmund: Sling: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24 Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10, Damage: [7 + 1d4(4) + 4] = 15 HP; Bless

[Wed Oct 5 20:53:18 2016] : DM: A miraculous hit, especially at that range.
[Wed Oct 5 20:53:26 2016] : DM: Guthmund drops one of the bandits.
[Wed Oct 5 20:53:27 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:03 2016] : Eadfrid: Hmm. Too many bushes in the way to charge.
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Not fast enough to catch them.
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:26 2016] : Eadfrid: Throwing Axe: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4; Hit: [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 damage.
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:26 2016] : DM: ooc "Bandits are stupid. Throw rocks at them."
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:28 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I don't think my node includes bless
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:36 2016] : Eadfrid: The axe misses.
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:42 2016] : Eadfrid: Moving closer first
[Wed Oct 5 20:54:54 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Oct 5 20:55:11 2016] : DM: The surviving bandit carries on running away.
[Wed Oct 5 20:55:26 2016] : DM: The eagle, that might have been able to catch him, disappears as the spell ends.
[Wed Oct 5 20:55:46 2016] : DM: What speed do people have?
[Wed Oct 5 20:56:11 2016] : Guthmund: ooc 20 f
[Wed Oct 5 20:56:55 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc 20 ft
[Wed Oct 5 20:56:59 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Oct 5 20:57:13 2016] : Alhandra: ooc 30ft
[Wed Oct 5 20:57:26 2016] : DM: OK - are you chasing the bandit on your own?
[Wed Oct 5 20:57:58 2016] : Alhandra: yes, going after him and shooting an arrow.
[Wed Oct 5 20:58:41 2016] : Alhandra: Longbow: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6 Damage: [1d6(5) + 0] = 5 HP;
[Wed Oct 5 20:58:47 2016] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 5 20:58:56 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Oct 5 20:59:12 2016] : DM: The bandit keeps running, and unless you can come up with a miracle, you lose him among the trees.
[Wed Oct 5 20:59:29 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I can't :)
[Wed Oct 5 21:00:08 2016] : DM: The bandit gets away.
[Wed Oct 5 21:00:36 2016] : Eadfrid: "Well, one fewer bandit at least."
[Wed Oct 5 21:00:45 2016] : Guthmund: "We can try to track the last one after some rest"
[Wed Oct 5 21:00:56 2016] : DM: 50xp each; what's the plan? rest here or back to Oleg's, or something else?
[Wed Oct 5 21:01:08 2016] : Alhandra: ooc wI want a feature to "search in tree" :)
[Wed Oct 5 21:01:36 2016] : DM: ooc brb - getting a drink. I'll let you plan stuff.
[Wed Oct 5 21:02:42 2016] : Guthmund: "Let's rest here, then see if we can pick up his trail. If not, we can head back to Oleg's"
[Wed Oct 5 21:02:43 2016] : Eadfrid: We need to rest at least. The camp might be counter-attacked.
[Wed Oct 5 21:04:02 2016] : Alhandra: Yes.
[Wed Oct 5 21:04:14 2016] : Eadfrid: "A good plan Guthmund."
[Wed Oct 5 21:05:10 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm exhausted, can I take second or third watch?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:05:23 2016] : Alhandra: "Sure, I feel fine, I'll take first watch"
[Wed Oct 5 21:05:33 2016] : Eadfrid: I'll take 2nd
[Wed Oct 5 21:05:51 2016] : DM: Alhandra takes first watch.
[Wed Oct 5 21:05:53 2016] : DM: [1d100(17)] = 17
[Wed Oct 5 21:06:13 2016] : DM: Nothing happens all day, and you wake up feeling refreshed.
[Wed Oct 5 21:06:34 2016] : DM: It's not as easy to sleep during the day as at night, but you manage it.
[Wed Oct 5 21:06:49 2016] : DM: It's now late afternoon. There's enough light to track the bandit.
[Wed Oct 5 21:07:03 2016] : Eadfrid: 5 / 12 Hit Points
[Wed Oct 5 21:07:17 2016] : Guthmund: Track: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Oct 5 21:08:23 2016] : DM: You don't catch the bandit before nightfall.
[Wed Oct 5 21:08:52 2016] : DM: Weather: [1d10(8)] = 8
[Wed Oct 5 21:09:28 2016] : DM: It's a fine night, and the moon helps you see, but I'm going to need another Survival check please. The bandit has headed around to the south.
[Wed Oct 5 21:10:10 2016] : Guthmund: Track: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Oct 5 21:10:33 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Merveilleux
[Wed Oct 5 21:10:36 2016] : DM: Guthmund loses the trail quite thoroughly.
[Wed Oct 5 21:11:15 2016] : DM: What's the next time?
[Wed Oct 5 21:11:19 2016] : DM: ooc next plan?
[Wed Oct 5 21:11:42 2016] : Alhandra: Survival: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:07 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to find the trail again.
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:16 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, it's too dark to see any more tracks. He's possiblly stopped for the night. Let's wait here and rest again until morning"
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:19 2016] : Alhandra: "I'd suggest we go back to Oleg if we can't find this man's trail"
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:31 2016] : Guthmund: "if there's no sign, then head to Oleg's"
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:37 2016] : Alhandra: "Or that"
[Wed Oct 5 21:12:52 2016] : Eadfrid: "Ok"
[Wed Oct 5 21:13:46 2016] : DM: You rest overnight. Are you setting watches?
[Wed Oct 5 21:13:53 2016] : Guthmund: ooc sure
[Wed Oct 5 21:13:57 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 5 21:13:59 2016] : DM: [1d100(94)] = 94
[Wed Oct 5 21:14:04 2016] : Alhandra: "Should I take first watch again?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:14:06 2016] : DM: Nothing much happens.
[Wed Oct 5 21:14:07 2016] : Eadfrid: 2nd
[Wed Oct 5 21:14:14 2016] : Guthmund: ooc presumably Alhandra heals Eadfrid first
[Wed Oct 5 21:16:03 2016] : DM: You wake up in the morning, ready to search for the bandit's trail.
[Wed Oct 5 21:16:14 2016] : Guthmund: Track: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Oct 5 21:16:19 2016] : DM: Survival checks, please - Alhandra and Eadfrid can aid another.
[Wed Oct 5 21:16:49 2016] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(16) + -1] = 15
[Wed Oct 5 21:16:53 2016] : Alhandra: Survival: [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Oct 5 21:17:52 2016] : DM: You try your best, but can't quite spot the trail. You're now out in the woods, and you have the opportunity to explore or head to Oleg's. Your horses are already heavily burdened with loot.
[Wed Oct 5 21:18:25 2016] : Eadfrid: "Time to return and re-equip."
[Wed Oct 5 21:18:44 2016] : DM: [1d100(93)] = 93
[Wed Oct 5 21:18:44 2016] : DM: [1d100(48)] = 48
[Wed Oct 5 21:18:45 2016] : Guthmund: "Agreed"
[Wed Oct 5 21:19:14 2016] : Alhandra: "I think so too"
[Wed Oct 5 21:19:24 2016] : Alhandra: "We've thinned their ranks some"
[Wed Oct 5 21:19:28 2016] : DM: It's a long ride back, and it's late evening the following day when you make it back to Oleg's.
[Wed Oct 5 21:20:09 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Oct 5 21:20:47 2016] : DM: The trading post is much as you left it. There's a man on watch on the South rampart.
[Wed Oct 5 21:21:35 2016] : DM: He waves as you approach.
[Wed Oct 5 21:22:06 2016] : DM: "Welcome, travellers. What is your business at Oleg's?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:22:34 2016] : Guthmund: "We're friends of Oleg"
[Wed Oct 5 21:22:45 2016] : Eadfrid: "Trade and rest."
[Wed Oct 5 21:22:57 2016] : DM: "Names?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:04 2016] : DM: "And welcome, to all of you."
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:17 2016] : Guthmund: Sense Motive: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:29 2016] : Eadfrid: "Eafrid."
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:30 2016] : DM: He's an honest guard.
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:32 2016] : Eadfrid: "Eadfrid."
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:39 2016] : Guthmund: "Guthmund"
[Wed Oct 5 21:23:55 2016] : Alhandra: "Alhandra"
[Wed Oct 5 21:24:29 2016] : DM: "I am Willem. The boss is inside; it's my shift up here."
[Wed Oct 5 21:24:38 2016] : DM: "Head on in, and introduce yourselves."
[Wed Oct 5 21:25:42 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid dismounts and enters, leading his horse.
[Wed Oct 5 21:25:46 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund rides in
[Wed Oct 5 21:25:58 2016] : Guthmund: Then dismounts
[Wed Oct 5 21:26:42 2016] : Oleg: Oleg comes bustling out. "Welcome back, friends! How have you fared these days in the wilderness?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:27:03 2016] : Oleg: He's distinctly less brusque than when you first met him.
[Wed Oct 5 21:27:08 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we almost got killed several times, but we all still seem to be alive"
[Wed Oct 5 21:27:30 2016] : Eadfrid: "Well we're still alive, but we've killed several bandits."
[Wed Oct 5 21:27:39 2016] : Alhandra: "I think we thinned the bandit population some"
[Wed Oct 5 21:28:32 2016] : Oleg: "Did you send the two who arrived here?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:28:43 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes"
[Wed Oct 5 21:28:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Were they of any use?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:29:17 2016] : Oleg: "We've got them locked in the stable. Kesten didn't know if it was a trick, and I wasn't going to argue."
[Wed Oct 5 21:29:43 2016] : Guthmund: "We marked them as a punishment"
[Wed Oct 5 21:29:56 2016] : Guthmund: "But it kind of reduces their ability to get work"
[Wed Oct 5 21:30:24 2016] : Oleg: "Yes, it would at that. Hey, Kesten, can you come over a moment?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:30:30 2016] : Guthmund: "They seem to want to earn their way, so we thought that you might give them a break"
[Wed Oct 5 21:30:52 2016] : Kesten: Another man, stocky and muscular, comes out of the trading post's main building.
[Wed Oct 5 21:31:11 2016] : Alhandra: ooc how did you mark them?
[Wed Oct 5 21:31:14 2016] : Kesten: He's wearing armour and carrying a sword.
[Wed Oct 5 21:31:25 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund recounts the story
[Wed Oct 5 21:31:30 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc branded with staglord amulet
[Wed Oct 5 21:31:47 2016] : Alhandra: ooc ok
[Wed Oct 5 21:32:06 2016] : Kesten: "That's your work? Well, what sort of activity did you have in mind for them?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:33:15 2016] : Guthmund: "They know how to fire a bow"
[Wed Oct 5 21:33:32 2016] : Kesten: "And you'd trust former bandits with a bow?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:33:34 2016] : Guthmund: "But you may not want to trust them with weapons just yet"
[Wed Oct 5 21:33:57 2016] : Guthmund: "To be fair, I felt a bit sorry for them"
[Wed Oct 5 21:34:12 2016] : Guthmund: "Whatever work you have"
[Wed Oct 5 21:34:58 2016] : Guthmund: "If not, then turn them away. But banditry is an easy life to fall back into and I figured you might prefer them on the inside, pissing out"
[Wed Oct 5 21:35:14 2016] : Oleg: "We'll find them something to do. And a hot meal."
[Wed Oct 5 21:35:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Sometimes all a man needs is a chance to show his worth"
[Wed Oct 5 21:36:31 2016] : Kesten: "If you have caught two, perhaps you can bring in one more."
[Wed Oct 5 21:36:47 2016] : Eadfrid: "What for?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:37:08 2016] : Kesten: "A man who used to work for me. Robbed us while we slept, and ran."
[Wed Oct 5 21:37:39 2016] : Alhandra: "Hmm Hopefully he's not one of those who are still there. Dead."
[Wed Oct 5 21:38:04 2016] : Guthmund: "If so I doubt that he'll be missed"
[Wed Oct 5 21:38:20 2016] : Kesten: "But we have not been introduced." He glares at Oleg briefly. "I am Kesten Garess. The man I seek is..."
[Wed Oct 5 21:39:29 2016] : Kesten: He rummages in his coat, and fishes out a grubby sketch. The face is well-enough drawn, and it doesn't look like any of the bandits you've killed.
[Wed Oct 5 21:39:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Can't say that I recognise him"
[Wed Oct 5 21:40:06 2016] : Kesten: "Well, if you find him, bring him in alive if you can. I can arrange a reward - some fine weapons, for example."
[Wed Oct 5 21:40:07 2016] : Alhandra: "No, I don't think we've crossed paths"
[Wed Oct 5 21:40:25 2016] : Eadfrid: "Can we keep the sketch?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:15 2016] : Kesten: "Keep it if you will. Bring it back to me if you cannot find him."
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:25 2016] : Kesten: ooc Knowledge: Nobility, please.
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:31 2016] : Guthmund: "We'll certainly keep an eye out"
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:32 2016] : Alhandra: ooc as if :P
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:35 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Oct 5 21:41:48 2016] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Oct 5 21:42:09 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 5 21:42:10 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nobility: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9 (untrained: 9)
[Wed Oct 5 21:42:23 2016] : Kesten: None of you have heard of him.
[Wed Oct 5 21:42:36 2016] : Kesten: "Thank you. Is there anything else, Oleg?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:42:59 2016] : Oleg: "Nothing. Thank you."
[Wed Oct 5 21:43:40 2016] : Oleg: "Well, you've met our new captain of the guard. Arrived a day after you did, and seemed disappointed there was less to do."
[Wed Oct 5 21:44:33 2016] : Alhandra: "Heh"
[Wed Oct 5 21:44:41 2016] : Oleg: "He's a good man, if not very cheerful."
[Wed Oct 5 21:44:42 2016] : Alhandra: "Well, we could have used a hand I guess"
[Wed Oct 5 21:44:57 2016] : Alhandra: "He seems to be keen on finding this man"
[Wed Oct 5 21:45:28 2016] : Oleg: "Aye, that he is. He and his men are mercenaries, and they don't like betrayal."
[Wed Oct 5 21:45:40 2016] : Alhandra: "I see"
[Wed Oct 5 21:45:42 2016] : Oleg: "They'll take an honest fight."
[Wed Oct 5 21:46:23 2016] : Oleg: "So, did you find it? Svetlana's ring?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:46:25 2016] : Alhandra: "Yeah, but the awhole stab in the back thing is probably not their thing"
[Wed Oct 5 21:46:47 2016] : Oleg: "She's been hoping for it, ever since you ambushed Happs and his men."
[Wed Oct 5 21:47:18 2016] : Guthmund: "I don't think that we found any rings"
[Wed Oct 5 21:47:28 2016] : Eadfrid: "We've only found some earrings."
[Wed Oct 5 21:47:55 2016] : Guthmund: "We were hoping to trade pretty much everything we found. If it's there it's yours"
[Wed Oct 5 21:48:21 2016] : Guthmund: "There was one bandit that escaped us, and it's possible that he has it"
[Wed Oct 5 21:48:24 2016] : Oleg: Oleg takes a look through, and gives you a valuation on the goods, but the ring isn't there.
[Wed Oct 5 21:49:19 2016] : Oleg: "A shame. Still, what were you hoping for in exchange?"
[Wed Oct 5 21:49:28 2016] : Oleg: ooc I'll work out the value offline :)
[Wed Oct 5 21:49:45 2016] : Eadfrid: "I could use some better armor."
[Wed Oct 5 21:50:27 2016] : Guthmund: "I wouldn't mind replacing this heavy armour for a breastplate. I know that one was too expensive before, but I'm not sure quite how much one costs"
[Wed Oct 5 21:50:40 2016] : DM: "Let's see what we can do."
[Wed Oct 5 21:50:47 2016] : DM: GAME END