Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 28 20:00:51 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 28 20:01:25 2016] : DM: You finally caught the annoying fey who had been playing pranks on you.
[Wed Sep 28 20:02:10 2016] : DM: You had a conversation with them, didn't quite convince them to help, but agreed to clear out some traps in order to earn their assistance.
[Wed Sep 28 20:02:43 2016] : DM: That went well, and nobody stumbled into a trap: but you encountered a group of bandits, who almost killed everyone again.
[Wed Sep 28 20:03:01 2016] : DM: Alhandra heals everyone for [1d6(6)] = 6.
[Wed Sep 28 20:03:45 2016] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:03:49 2016] : DM: Perlivash, the faerie dragon, turned Guthmund invisible for long enough to drive off the bandits.
[Wed Sep 28 20:04:09 2016] : Adwulf: "What happened??"
[Wed Sep 28 20:04:13 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:04:17 2016] : Perlivash: "You do seem to make a habit of nearly dying. Are you sure you want to stay here? It's quite dangerous sometimes."
[Wed Sep 28 20:04:47 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, we have a job to do. Even if we struggle to do it"
[Wed Sep 28 20:05:09 2016] : Adwulf: "We shall not cower in fear"
[Wed Sep 28 20:05:12 2016] : Perlivash: Perlivash is sitting on the branch of a tree, head turned upside-down on the end of his long neck, looking at you quizzically
[Wed Sep 28 20:05:13 2016] : Eadfrid: "I could do with some better armor."
[Wed Sep 28 20:06:19 2016] : Perlivash: "Well. There's lots of bandits. I don't know how many you've killed, but the two who ran off will warn the others."
[Wed Sep 28 20:06:34 2016] : Perlivash: "I can tell you where they camp, if you like, but it's dangerous."
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:03 2016] : Eadfrid: "Information is always useful."
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:06 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps we should retreat, and rest for now"
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:13 2016] : Guthmund: "Is there anything suitable on these fellows Eadfrid?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:16 2016] : Perlivash: "Well. Their camp is southeast of here."
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:35 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm still pretty injured"
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:44 2016] : Perlivash: ooc they just have leather armour.
[Wed Sep 28 20:07:57 2016] : Perlivash: ooc Who's tracking loot?
[Wed Sep 28 20:08:30 2016] : Guthmund: ooc umm
[Wed Sep 28 20:08:41 2016] : Adwulf: ooc err
[Wed Sep 28 20:08:53 2016] : Perlivash: ooc we can deal with that later :-)
[Wed Sep 28 20:09:13 2016] : Guthmund: ooc what else do they have?
[Wed Sep 28 20:09:40 2016] : Guthmund: Ranger's focus off (1 remain):
[Wed Sep 28 20:09:47 2016] : Perlivash: ooc longbows, arrows, short swords, rations, small amounts of coin
[Wed Sep 28 20:09:53 2016] : Guthmund: ooc sorry, that should not print to screen
[Wed Sep 28 20:10:39 2016] : Perlivash: "We can watch while you sleep. We promise not to turn you green."
[Wed Sep 28 20:10:59 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund scowls at them
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:13 2016] : Eadfrid: "Green might me good for camoflage."
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:15 2016] : Perlivash: "You'd look less obvious in green."
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:27 2016] : Guthmund: ooc wouldn't Alhandra have a few more channels available?
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:30 2016] : Perlivash: ooc the fighter gives the ranger lessons on camouflage :-)
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:37 2016] : Perlivash: ooc probably: [1d6(2)] = 2
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:40 2016] : Perlivash: ooc probably: [1d6(6)] = 6
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:47 2016] : Perlivash: ooc she's out of them now.
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:53 2016] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 2 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:11:54 2016] : Perlivash: ooc I'm totally handwaving that part!
[Wed Sep 28 20:11:57 2016] : Adwulf: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:12:03 2016] : Guthmund: ooc 3 + cha mod
[Wed Sep 28 20:12:11 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 2 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:12:18 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Sep 28 20:12:33 2016] : Guthmund: "Thanks Alhandra"
[Wed Sep 28 20:12:49 2016] : Perlivash: ooc she gets 3 when I'm NPCing her, then.
[Wed Sep 28 20:12:57 2016] : Perlivash: "Oooh, that tingles!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:13:08 2016] : Perlivash: Perlivash turns around on the branch
[Wed Sep 28 20:14:02 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm feeling ready to fight on"
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:01 2016] : Perlivash: "Well, it's quite a long way there. It's more than a day's walk."
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:17 2016] : Perlivash: "If you hurry you might catch those bandits who ran away."
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:28 2016] : Eadfrid: "That would be a good idea."
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:40 2016] : Adwulf: "I feel much better now. Lets get them!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:51 2016] : Guthmund: Track: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:10 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund fails
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:15 2016] : Perlivash: "I'll be nearby."
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:52 2016] : Perlivash: "Are you sure about going after the bandits? There's other interesting things in the forest."
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:03 2016] : Perlivash: Perlivash keeps chattering
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:39 2016] : Guthmund: "Like what?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:53 2016] : Adwulf: "Do tell"
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:01 2016] : Perlivash: "Ooh, all sorts of things."
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:33 2016] : Perlivash: "There's giant frogs, and an old temple with a mad bear, and there's radishes."
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:39 2016] : Guthmund: "If we don't go after the bandits we may find the farmstead that we left has been razed and the farmers killed"
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:11 2016] : Perlivash: ooc trading post, but yes :)
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:17 2016] : Perlivash: "That would be bad."
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:20 2016] : Eadfrid: "We certainly don't want those two to alert the others>"
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:25 2016] : Adwulf: "True, lets go after them"
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:36 2016] : Perlivash: ooc is anyone else trying to track them?
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:17 2016] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:19 2016] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(1) + -1] = 0
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:22 2016] : Eadfrid: No
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:26 2016] : Adwulf: ooc well
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:38 2016] : Perlivash: "Well, we'd better just go for the camp, and race them!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:48 2016] : Adwulf: "Lead on"
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:22 2016] : Guthmund: "I assume that you know where the camp is?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:25 2016] : DM: You can get there directly, and you have two options. You can either proceed steadily or try to catch the bandits early.
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:45 2016] : Perlivash: "Of course. Faerie dragons know everything."
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:57 2016] : Adwulf: "Lets go, we dont want them to reach camp and alert it"
[Wed Sep 28 20:22:11 2016] : Eadfrid: "Better hurry if we're to catch them."
[Wed Sep 28 20:22:54 2016] : Guthmund: "I'd rather we caught up with those other two first"
[Wed Sep 28 20:23:14 2016] : DM: Does everyone have speed 30'?
[Wed Sep 28 20:23:17 2016] : Guthmund: "The camp will be easier to attack with two fewer bandits and if they are not alerted"
[Wed Sep 28 20:23:31 2016] : Adwulf: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 28 20:23:37 2016] : Guthmund: ooc no, I have scale mail
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:01 2016] : DM: ooc or you have horses, but that will be more difficult in the forest.
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:11 2016] : Guthmund: ooc isn't Adwulf a little person?
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:00 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc speed 20 I think
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:17 2016] : Adwulf: ooc Fetchling - 30ft
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:19 2016] : Guthmund: "We stand a better chance of catching up on horseback... Maybe we can bypass these two and take out the camp before they arrive?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:25 2016] : DM: ooc OK. If you're not riding, you won't catch them.
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:45 2016] : DM: I'll assume you're riding. I'll need everyone to roll a Perception and a Ride check, please.
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:48 2016] : DM: [1d100(85)] = 85
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:52 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10
[Wed Sep 28 20:26:12 2016] : Adwulf: Ride: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Sep 28 20:26:17 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:24 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc sorry, loading char to check ride skill
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:30 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:34 2016] : Guthmund: Ride: [1d20(17) + -2] = 15
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:19 2016] : DM: Guthmund has a near miss with a hole he didn't spot, but manages to stay in the saddle when his horse swerves.
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:37 2016] : Eadfrid: Ride: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:55 2016] : DM: Adwulf is aware enough to see what's going on, and is ready for all the bumps.
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:10 2016] : DM: Eadfrid falls, and takes [1d6(5)] = 5 non-lethal damage.
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:10 2016] : DM: You ride for 8 hours, and the horses are getting tired, when Perlivash calls a halt.
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:46 2016] : Perlivash: "Shhhh! It's just near here. Follow that track up from the riverside, and it's about a tree's height away."
[Wed Sep 28 20:31:01 2016] : Perlivash: ooc Knowledge: Nature to try to convert that distance into sensible units.
[Wed Sep 28 20:31:18 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5 (untrained: 5)
[Wed Sep 28 20:31:47 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Sep 28 20:31:58 2016] : Adwulf: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Sep 28 20:32:32 2016] : Perlivash: Guthmund and Adwulf reckon it's about 120-180ft. Eadfrid says they're wrong, and it's about 500ft, but he is outvoted.
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:15 2016] : DM: Is anyone scouting ahead, or are you going in blind?
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:37 2016] : Guthmund: "Can you take a look Adwuld?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:44 2016] : Adwulf: "Aye"
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:57 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf moves forward slowly
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:00 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(15) + 1 + 5] = 21
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:23 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(16) + -1 + 1] = 16
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:24 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(12) + -1 + 1] = 12
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:26 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(1) + -1 + 1] = 1
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:26 2016] : DM: Perception: [1d20(10) + -1 + 1] = 10
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:36 2016] : DM: Two Stealth checks please, Adwulf.
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:38 2016] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 9] = 26
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:39 2016] : Adwulf: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 9] = 14
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:59 2016] : DM: Adwulf gets close to the camp, and..
[Wed Sep 28 20:35:08 2016] : DM: Perception check please!
[Wed Sep 28 20:35:13 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:10 2016] : DM: He doesn't have time to see much, when a voice calls "Come out with your hands in the air, and we won't kill you."
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:23 2016] : DM: Perception checks for Eadfrid and Guthmund please.
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:29 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:43 2016] : DM: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:57 2016] : Perlivash: "There's trouble! He's been spotted!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:02 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf slowly stands up, hands visible
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:04 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:10 2016] : Perlivash: Perlivash flees into the forest
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:16 2016] : Guthmund: "Let's go..."
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:43 2016] : Eadfrid: "Uh... ok."
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:47 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund begins to run towards Adwulf
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:57 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid follows.
[Wed Sep 28 20:39:41 2016] : DM: Adwulf can see a woman, wearing leather armour and carrying two hatchets, sitting by the fire.
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:06 2016] : DM: There's a small clearing where the bandits have felled some trees.
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:12 2016] : DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:14 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:17 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:19 2016] : Adwulf: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:32 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 1 + 2] = 16
[Wed Sep 28 20:42:12 2016] : DM: ooc Guthmund?
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:29 2016] : DM: In round 1, Guthmund and Eadfrid are running up the hill.
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:31 2016] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:11 2016] : Adwulf: ooc how sturdy is the greenery between me and A?
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:31 2016] : DM: ooc there's not much cover. It's tall trees, and they've left a line of sight to the river.
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:37 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:43 2016] : Adwulf: ooc 5ft squares?
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:47 2016] : Guthmund: ooc sorry, called away
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:48 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:51 2016] : DM: ooc no problem
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:58 2016] : DM: ooc I was just worried I'd lost connection!
[Wed Sep 28 20:45:34 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries to get behind a tree and draw his sling
[Wed Sep 28 20:45:35 2016] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:08 2016] : Kressle: "Kill him, boys!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:18 2016] : Kressle: Two arrows fly at Adwulf.
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:23 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(6) + 2] = 8 - Damage: [1d8(8)] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:24 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9 - Damage: [1d8(4)] = 4 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:41 2016] : Kressle: Both miss. Perception check to spot where they came from.
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:45 2016] : Adwulf: Perception: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Sep 28 20:47:01 2016] : Kressle: You spot two bandits on platforms, up in the trees.
[Wed Sep 28 20:47:30 2016] : Kressle: The platforms are about 20' up, and there's rope ladders leading down from them.
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:14 2016] : Kressle: Eadfrid, your turn. You can see Adwulf ahead of you, but can't see any enemies yet.
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:35 2016] : Eadfrid: Catching up with Adwulf
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:37 2016] : Adwulf: ooc would I have time to shout a warning?
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:40 2016] : Eadfrid: Double move
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:44 2016] : Kressle: ooc yes.
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:55 2016] : Adwulf: "Look out! to you right"
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:06 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:10 2016] : Kressle: Guthmund?
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:32 2016] : Guthmund: ooc perception? They moved
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:43 2016] : Kressle: ooc you don't have line of sight
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:58 2016] : Kressle: ooc Eadfrid can roll Perception
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:21 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:27 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund follows Adwulf, keeping an eye out, drawing sling as I move
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:48 2016] : Guthmund: ooc single move, if I still see nothing I continue
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:02 2016] : Kressle: ooc sounds good, Perception please
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:06 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:18 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:41 2016] : Kressle: Guthmund doesn't spot anything; Eadfrid has spotted B1 and A.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:16 2016] : Kressle: The bandits continue shooting at Adwulf.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:18 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(19) + 2] = 21 - Damage: [1d8(7)] = 7 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:19 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5 - Damage: [1d8(8)] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:27 2016] : Kressle: Hit, 7 damage.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:33 2016] : Adwulf: 7 Damage: Aldwulf takes 7 damage. [Wed Sep 28 20:52:38 2016] : Kressle: The leader stays where she is.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:39 2016] : Adwulf: "Argh"
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:45 2016] : Kressle: "You'd better surrender, boy!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:48 2016] : Kressle: Adwulf?
[Wed Sep 28 20:54:26 2016] : Adwulf: ooc hmmm
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:02 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf tries to hit A
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:08 2016] : Adwulf: Sling: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14 Damage: [1d4(4) + 2] = 6 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:14 2016] : Kressle: Kressle: AC = 15
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:22 2016] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:25 2016] : Kressle: Miss, but she looks offended that you even tried.
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:42 2016] : Kressle: Eadfrid, you're up. You can see A and B1.
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:11 2016] : Eadfrid: Running and jumping over the river.
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:31 2016] : Kressle: ooc it's quite shallow here. I'll need an Acrobatics check, please (DC is 5)
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:43 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc or maybe not -7 on jumping
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:58 2016] : Kressle: ooc it's to keep your footing on the streambed.
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:58 2016] : Eadfrid: [1d20(19) - 7] = 12
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:15 2016] : Kressle: Eadfrid makes it across easily.
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:35 2016] : Eadfrid: Running towards Kressie and drawing my greatsword
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:40 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:55 2016] : Kressle: Perception check, please, then Guthmund is up.
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:58 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Sep 28 20:59:05 2016] : Kressle: You spot B2 as well.
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:00 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:30 2016] : Kressle: Guthmund spots B1.
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:39 2016] : Kressle: You can see that Eadfrid charged off ahead.
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:40 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks about briefly
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:50 2016] : Guthmund: ooc is that the one to the SW?
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:08 2016] : Kressle: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:31 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund moves to get a clear shot
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:36 2016] : Guthmund: Sling: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10 Damage: [1d4(2) + 4] = 6 HP;
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:41 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:42 2016] : Kressle: ooc miss
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:59 2016] : Kressle: The bandits change their targets. First attacks Guthmund, second attacks Eadfrid.
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:01 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6 - Damage: [1d8(8)] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:02 2016] : Kressle: Longbow: Attack: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17 - Damage: [1d8(1)] = 1 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:09 2016] : Kressle: Eadfrid takes 1 damage.
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:23 2016] : Kressle: "This one's mine!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:39 2016] : Kressle: The leader shouts as she steps forward to attack Eadfrid
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:46 2016] : Kressle: Full Attack: Handaxes: Attack: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 3] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 21:03:23 2016] : Kressle: With one axe in each hand, she manages to hit Eadfrid hard. He's lucky it's her weaker side.
[Wed Sep 28 21:03:29 2016] : Kressle: ooc wait a moment - is Eadfrid human?
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:08 2016] : Eadfrid: Yes
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:12 2016] : Kressle: 8 damage
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:19 2016] : Kressle: Adwulf?
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:37 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf moves in a little closer, sticking to what cover there is before trying the sling again
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:42 2016] : Adwulf: Sling: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14 Damage: [1d4(4) + 2] = 6 HP.
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:48 2016] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:48 2016] : Kressle: Kressle: AC = 15
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:55 2016] : Kressle: Another miss.
[Wed Sep 28 21:05:03 2016] : Kressle: Eadfrid, you're up.
[Wed Sep 28 21:06:11 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(20) + 6] = 26; Hit: [2d6(4,5) + 6] = 15 damage.
Critical threat: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18; Hit: [15 + 2d6(6,6) + 6] = 33 damage

[Wed Sep 28 21:07:03 2016] : Kressle: With a desperate swing, Eadfrid cuts the leader in two.
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:08 2016] : Kressle: ooc nice time for a critical!
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:14 2016] : Adwulf: ooc indeed
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:30 2016] : Eadfrid: (shouting to the remaining bandits) "Now its your turn to surrender!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:31 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:36 2016] : DM: Guthmund?
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:46 2016] : Guthmund: Sling: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 Damage: [1d4(1) + 4] = 5 HP;
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:00 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund slings ineffectually
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:10 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:27 2016] : DM: ooc one moment
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:40 2016] : DM: One bandit looks at the corpse of his leader (both halves), then throws down his bow.
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:57 2016] : DM: ooc B2, near the fire-pit, surrenders.
[Wed Sep 28 21:10:08 2016] : DM: Intimidate check please, Eadfrid.
[Wed Sep 28 21:10:31 2016] : Eadfrid: Intimidate: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:12 2016] : DM: The other bandit looks worried, and attempts to flee.
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:21 2016] : DM: Dexterity: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:34 2016] : DM: He stumbles as he scrambles down the rope ladder, and falls prone at the bottom.
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:50 2016] : DM: Adwulf?
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:17 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf moves to check that Guthmund is ok
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:46 2016] : Adwulf: "Where'd the other one go?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:47 2016] : Adwulf: Done
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:59 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:13 2016] : Guthmund: "He fell over coming down"
[Wed Sep 28 21:15:21 2016] : Adwulf: "Ha, Eadfrid chopped the leader in two"
[Wed Sep 28 21:15:37 2016] : Guthmund: "Nice work Eadfrid!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:15:56 2016] : DM: You capture the two bandits without difficulty.
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:10 2016] : Bandit: "Don't hurt me!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:19 2016] : Guthmund: ooc dangit, I was going to do some cold blooded shit ;-)
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:32 2016] : Bandit: ooc ;-)
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:55 2016] : Bandit: "We surrender!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:03 2016] : Bandit: "Yes, we do!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:11 2016] : Guthmund: "Can you read?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:50 2016] : Bandit: "Never needed to, did I?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:55 2016] : Guthmund: "It doesn't matter I can read it to you..."
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:06 2016] : Guthmund: "You get to choose sword or rope"
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:27 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid searches the camp
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:29 2016] : Guthmund: "I don't mind either way"
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:42 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc how many people looks like stayed here?
[Wed Sep 28 21:19:32 2016] : Bandit: ooc there's ten bedrolls present.
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:21 2016] : Eadfrid: "Where is everyone else?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:31 2016] : Bandit: "They're out on jobs."
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:41 2016] : Bandit: "The boss kept us busy."
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'm trying to work out how many we already killed. Two running back here, some dead at the farm, some last week
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:15 2016] : Eadfrid: "Boss won't be doing that anymore."
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:26 2016] : Bandit: ooc you killed 4 at the farm and 4 last week; you overtook the 2 running back here but haven't killed them.
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:36 2016] : Bandit: "No! If you spare us, we'll help you."
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:43 2016] : Bandit: "We can't help you if we're dead!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:51 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund is studying the charter...
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:56 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf pokes through the remains of the leader for treasures
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:02 2016] : Bandit: ooc the charter does say unrepentant banditry, so if they repent you are allowed to spare them.
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:14 2016] : Guthmund: "What I'm wondering is what constitutes unrepentant banditry"
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:29 2016] : Bandit: ooc Studded leather, two MW handaxes, four daggers, and a potion of CLW.
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:38 2016] : Guthmund: ooc just what I was pondering DM
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:08 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm not much of a one for temples, so repentance is not really my field of expertise"
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:36 2016] : Adwulf: "I suppose it depends whether you think they are repenting, or are just bargaining for their lives"
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:45 2016] : Bandit: "I repent! Ummm... does that mean I don't want to do it again? I just want a good dinner, and to be alive to eat it!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:49 2016] : Bandit: "Me too!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "Perhaps they could sign up for the army or something?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:31 2016] : Guthmund: "Would you want them in your unit?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:49 2016] : Bandit: "That sounds dangerous. Can't we just be farmers or something? Or traders?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:53 2016] : Adwulf: "Not behind me anyway"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:59 2016] : Guthmund: "I suppose that they are better at fighting than the average bread thief"
[Wed Sep 28 21:26:16 2016] : Adwulf: "Decent with a bow, at least"
[Wed Sep 28 21:26:48 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund turns sarcastic
[Wed Sep 28 21:26:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes, the penalty for banditry is freedom to become a farmer"
[Wed Sep 28 21:27:12 2016] : Guthmund: "Or to become rich as a trader"
[Wed Sep 28 21:27:17 2016] : Bandit: "What do you need us to do? Just spare us!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:27:45 2016] : Guthmund: "See, my dilemma is, I don't understand what repentance really is"
[Wed Sep 28 21:27:56 2016] : Guthmund: "But I do understand what banditry is"
[Wed Sep 28 21:28:26 2016] : Bandit: "We can tell you where the treasure stash is. "
[Wed Sep 28 21:28:45 2016] : Adwulf: "Oh, now thats something I can understand"
[Wed Sep 28 21:28:47 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund raises an eyebrow
[Wed Sep 28 21:29:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 28 21:29:34 2016] : Bandit: "And you can take out that bloody drunk who calls himself the boss."
[Wed Sep 28 21:31:07 2016] : Bandit: "If we tell you where he is, will you let us live?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:31:15 2016] : Guthmund: "So this woman was not the boss?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:31:20 2016] : Adwulf: "I thought we had just killed your boss"
[Wed Sep 28 21:31:20 2016] : Eadfrid: "Who did I slice in half then if she wasn't the boss?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:31:47 2016] : Bandit: "She was the boss here, not the big boss. That was Kressle."
[Wed Sep 28 21:33:35 2016] : Bandit: "The big boss is a monster of a man, calls himself the Stag Lord."
[Wed Sep 28 21:33:48 2016] : Bandit: "Look, Kressle's got one of his amulets."
[Wed Sep 28 21:33:50 2016] : Guthmund: "I have a feeling that giving up your boss may be considered repentance"
[Wed Sep 28 21:34:04 2016] : Guthmund: "Especially when you also give up the loot"
[Wed Sep 28 21:34:07 2016] : Adwulf: "I didn't see an amulet"
[Wed Sep 28 21:34:09 2016] : Eadfrid: "Aye."
[Wed Sep 28 21:34:20 2016] : Bandit: Sure enough, she's wearing an amulet with an image of a stag's skull
[Wed Sep 28 21:34:27 2016] : Bandit: ooc I just forgot to mention it :-p
[Wed Sep 28 21:35:05 2016] : Bandit: "He never misses with his bow!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:35:18 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf rolls the top half of the corpse over and find the amulet lying in the pool of blood
[Wed Sep 28 21:35:25 2016] : Adwulf: "Here it is"
[Wed Sep 28 21:35:30 2016] : Other Bandit: "And he's got that creepy helm, looks like a stag's skull."
[Wed Sep 28 21:35:46 2016] : Bandit: "That's not a helm, that's his face!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:36:08 2016] : Adwulf: "A skull face?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:36:34 2016] : Bandit: "Like he said, it's creepy. I'm not getting closer than I have to."
[Wed Sep 28 21:36:35 2016] : Eadfrid: "Uh... What is he?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:36:42 2016] : Guthmund: ooc now I'm thinking General Grievous
[Wed Sep 28 21:36:45 2016] : Bandit: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 28 21:37:42 2016] : Bandit: "He's got other camps, and he sends someone here to collect the cut."
[Wed Sep 28 21:37:57 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, so where is this loot?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:38:19 2016] : Bandit: "See the tarp? Look under the food. Keeps it safer."
[Wed Sep 28 21:38:48 2016] : Bandit: ooc there's a tarpaulin under the platform; under it are some rolled-up tents, some food supplies etc., and right at the bottom, some treasure.
[Wed Sep 28 21:38:53 2016] : Guthmund: "Do you know where these other camps are?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:39:32 2016] : Bandit: ooc loot: 321 sp, 90gp, a pair of silver earrings worth 150 gp, a wooden music box worth 90 gp, three crates of furs and hides worth 50 gp per crate, and a polished wooden case of potent greenish herbal liquor. There are still eight bottles with liquor left in them, each worth 20 gp.
[Wed Sep 28 21:39:37 2016] : Guthmund: ooc do we have a map that they could mark?
[Wed Sep 28 21:40:19 2016] : Bandit: ooc you have an outline, but they're not very literate.
[Wed Sep 28 21:41:05 2016] : Bandit: "Follow this river all the way down, and you'll come to the fort. It's well-defended though."
[Wed Sep 28 21:41:53 2016] : Guthmund: "I think we need to confer"
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:15 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund nods to Eadfrid and Adwulf
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:26 2016] : Bandit: "We'll make sure no-one steals your treasure."
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:29 2016] : Eadfrid: "Are they securly tied?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:47 2016] : Eadfrid: "We also need to keep an eye out for the other two that may return."
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:50 2016] : Adwulf: ooc survival?
[Wed Sep 28 21:42:55 2016] : Guthmund: "Better make sure of their ties"
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:19 2016] : Bandit: ooc yep.
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:23 2016] : Adwulf: "We'll keep them in sight anyway"
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:24 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:24 2016] : Adwulf: Survival: [1d20(9) + 0] = 9
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:33 2016] : Bandit: ooc they're not going anywhere.
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:34 2016] : Adwulf: "Seems ok to me"
[Wed Sep 28 21:43:53 2016] : Guthmund: When done Guthmund stands aside and whispers
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:11 2016] : Guthmund: "I'm willing to say that they have repented banditry, but that commutes the death sentence"
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:21 2016] : Eadfrid: "Agreed."
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:26 2016] : Guthmund: "I doubt that it means no punishment"
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:40 2016] : Adwulf: "Sounds reasonable"
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:42 2016] : Guthmund: "My thought is that we should perhaps brand them"
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:48 2016] : Guthmund: ooc :-)
[Wed Sep 28 21:44:52 2016] : Adwulf: ooc ha
[Wed Sep 28 21:45:03 2016] : Adwulf: "Brand them? What with?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:45:11 2016] : Eadfrid: "And send them on their way with nothing but their clothes."
[Wed Sep 28 21:45:36 2016] : Eadfrid: "The word "grass". They'd never try to join a bandit group with that."
[Wed Sep 28 21:45:55 2016] : Guthmund: "Sounds reasonable Guthmund. Adwulf, how about that skull amulet?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:46:09 2016] : Guthmund: "That shows who they worked for"
[Wed Sep 28 21:46:45 2016] : Adwulf: "You assume that bandits can read, Eadfrid"
[Wed Sep 28 21:46:52 2016] : Eadfrid: "Good point."
[Wed Sep 28 21:47:00 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf takes out the amulet and examines it
[Wed Sep 28 21:47:18 2016] : Guthmund: "On the cheekbone"
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:06 2016] : Adwulf: "Ouch!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:17 2016] : Guthmund: "It needs to be visible"
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:25 2016] : Bandit: ooc what alignments are people?
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:28 2016] : Adwulf: ooc would the amulet work as a brand?
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:32 2016] : Guthmund: ooc TN
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:41 2016] : Adwulf: ooc one moment
[Wed Sep 28 21:48:42 2016] : Bandit: ooc if you heated it enough.
[Wed Sep 28 21:49:25 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc Neutral Good
[Wed Sep 28 21:49:45 2016] : Adwulf: ooc TN
[Wed Sep 28 21:49:50 2016] : Guthmund: ooc As a 20th century liberal I'm uncomfortable with this, but I feel it's entirely appropriate in the setting
[Wed Sep 28 21:49:51 2016] : Bandit: ooc I think branding them is Lawful, not necessarily Good.
[Wed Sep 28 21:50:29 2016] : Bandit: ooc DM
[Wed Sep 28 21:50:43 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc Eafrid views it as a compromise, a necessary evil. Better than a summary execution.
[Wed Sep 28 21:50:46 2016] : Bandit: In the background, the bandits are sitting quietly, watching the paths
[Wed Sep 28 21:50:49 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'd agree Henry
[Wed Sep 28 21:51:26 2016] : Adwulf: "Better get some wood on that fire then"
[Wed Sep 28 21:51:51 2016] : Guthmund: "So, do we wait for the other two before we do this, then brand any remaining alive?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:52:41 2016] : Adwulf: "Lets do these two. You never know what will happen tomorrow"
[Wed Sep 28 21:53:01 2016] : Eadfrid: "I'll stand watch, from one of the platforms."
[Wed Sep 28 21:53:17 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid climbs up the one closest to camp.
[Wed Sep 28 21:53:48 2016] : DM: The view from the top is clear; it's been cunningly set up.
[Wed Sep 28 21:53:51 2016] : Guthmund: "It will probably take two of us to hold them"
[Wed Sep 28 21:54:52 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund checks the ropes again, and lashes the bandits to separate logs on the ground
[Wed Sep 28 21:54:58 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Sep 28 21:55:30 2016] : Guthmund: "We have discussed the death sentence and we believe that you have repented"
[Wed Sep 28 21:55:49 2016] : Bandit: Fearfully, the bandit says "What are you doing?!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:55:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Therefore the sentence of death for banditry is commuted"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:02 2016] : Guthmund: "But such should not go unpunished"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:06 2016] : Bandit: "What's that mean?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:15 2016] : Bandit: "What are you doing?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:21 2016] : Guthmund: "We think that you should bear a mark for the remainder of your days"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:24 2016] : Bandit: The panic is rising in his voice
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:29 2016] : Guthmund: "You are to be branded"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:33 2016] : Bandit: "I've already got scars!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:34 2016] : Adwulf: Adwulf stokes the fire getting it good and hot
[Wed Sep 28 21:56:47 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I feel very wrong!
[Wed Sep 28 21:57:07 2016] : Bandit: ooc lol, if you felt this was LG I'd be a bit worried about the next meet :-)
[Wed Sep 28 21:57:19 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I'd be so dead in a medieval world
[Wed Sep 28 21:57:24 2016] : Adwulf: ooc hehe
[Wed Sep 28 21:57:39 2016] : Bandit: The bandits scream as you brand them, and sit sobbing afterwards. The marks are not distinct, but are very obvious.
[Wed Sep 28 21:58:04 2016] : Guthmund: "You may leave with your clothes only"
[Wed Sep 28 21:58:22 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I feel a bit sick
[Wed Sep 28 21:58:41 2016] : DM: "Can we have some food to take with us?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:58:48 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 28 21:58:59 2016] : DM: "And is there somewhere we can go?2
[Wed Sep 28 21:59:35 2016] : Adwulf: "Try the trading post you have apparently raided a few times. They might take pity on you"
[Wed Sep 28 21:59:36 2016] : Guthmund: "I'd suggest you find a port and join the navy, or enlist"
[Wed Sep 28 21:59:52 2016] : DM: ooc no ports near here - it's a landlocked region.
[Wed Sep 28 22:00:10 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ah, I probably wouldn't have said that then ;-)
[Wed Sep 28 22:00:18 2016] : Guthmund: "Good suggestion Adwulf"
[Wed Sep 28 22:00:35 2016] : Guthmund: "So you have paper?"
[Wed Sep 28 22:00:41 2016] : Guthmund: ooc Do
[Wed Sep 28 22:00:51 2016] : DM: "No paper. No need for it, is there?"
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:06 2016] : Adwulf: "A note to the traders?"
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:09 2016] : Guthmund: ooc anyone else?
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:11 2016] : Bandit: The bandits now seem sullen instead of helpful.
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:13 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:26 2016] : Guthmund: "We could use one of the charters"
[Wed Sep 28 22:01:34 2016] : Guthmund: "And write in charcoal"
[Wed Sep 28 22:02:29 2016] : Guthmund: "We are not monsters, but banditry had to be punished"
[Wed Sep 28 22:03:00 2016] : Guthmund: ooc are the charters restricted items? i.e. only given to specific people?
[Wed Sep 28 22:03:05 2016] : DM: What does the note say? Something like "Please give us a job, we are innocent ex-bandits"? ;-)
[Wed Sep 28 22:03:30 2016] : DM: ooc There are four groups chartered; yours has responsibility for this region. There are others to the east and west.
[Wed Sep 28 22:04:05 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund peels some bark from a tree to write a note
[Wed Sep 28 22:04:07 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Sep 28 22:04:26 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund then writes in charcoal...
[Wed Sep 28 22:04:32 2016] : DM: ooc shame, I was going to have a lot of fun with that charter!
[Wed Sep 28 22:04:41 2016] : Adwulf: "Perhaps we could write 'Branded by your friends. Do with as you will' "
[Wed Sep 28 22:05:13 2016] : Eadfrid: "Please look after this bear."
[Wed Sep 28 22:05:20 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund writes as Adwulf dictates
[Wed Sep 28 22:05:35 2016] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 28 22:06:06 2016] : Adwulf: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 28 22:06:14 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund finishes with "They seek a new life and to make amends. Do not be too harsh"
[Wed Sep 28 22:06:40 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund then signs our names
[Wed Sep 28 22:06:48 2016] : DM: The bandits take the note, and walk away, occasionally touching their injured cheeks.
[Wed Sep 28 22:07:05 2016] : Guthmund: "Wrap it so that it does not smudge or get wet!"
[Wed Sep 28 22:07:21 2016] : DM: GAME END