Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 7 20:09:38 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 7 20:10:09 2016] : DM: You've ambushed the bandits, and saved Oleg & Svetlana from having to hand over their stock as "taxes".
[Wed Sep 7 20:10:40 2016] : DM: They've offered you somewhere to stay whenever you need it, and a ready market for goods you need to sell.
[Wed Sep 7 20:11:03 2016] : DM: You were talking about going out to track down the bandits, given the clues you managed to get out of their leader.
[Wed Sep 7 20:11:11 2016] : DM: Other options would be to start exploring the area.
[Wed Sep 7 20:11:32 2016] : DM: ooc I've emailed you all a map - hexes are 12 miles (19km) across.
[Wed Sep 7 20:12:33 2016] : DM: The bandit leader said the camp was "near the edge of the woods, to the west".
[Wed Sep 7 20:12:39 2016] : DM: What's the plan/
[Wed Sep 7 20:12:40 2016] : DM: ?
[Wed Sep 7 20:13:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "We need to decide what to do about our captive. He gave us some useful intel."
[Wed Sep 7 20:13:31 2016] : DM: ooc he was killed trying to escape.
[Wed Sep 7 20:13:37 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I thought that
[Wed Sep 7 20:14:45 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc oh yes, sorry
[Wed Sep 7 20:15:06 2016] : Eadfrid: "I suggest we head west and at least scout out this bandit camp."
[Wed Sep 7 20:17:38 2016] : Guthmund: "That sounds like a good start"
[Wed Sep 7 20:18:07 2016] : DM: ooc can I have a mini please? Doesn't need to be anything in particular.
[Wed Sep 7 20:18:22 2016] : Guthmund: "Let's see if their tracks head straight back there"
[Wed Sep 7 20:18:51 2016] : Alhandra: "How many swould be left? 5, 6 maybe?'
[Wed Sep 7 20:19:18 2016] : Oleg: "There's six that we've seen that you haven't stopped already."
[Wed Sep 7 20:19:57 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Sep 7 20:20:17 2016] : DM: The bandits didn't make too much effort to cover their tracks, and you ride out into the morning.
[Wed Sep 7 20:20:24 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid follows Guthmund's lead.
[Wed Sep 7 20:21:27 2016] : DM: It's a long journey, made slower by the time taken to follow the tracks, but after a few hours you see the edge of the forest ahead of you.
[Wed Sep 7 20:21:38 2016] : DM: [1d100(15)] = 15
[Wed Sep 7 20:21:43 2016] : Guthmund: "My suggestion was to hang this corpse at the edge of the woods"
[Wed Sep 7 20:22:26 2016] : DM: You see some wild animals in the distance, but nothing threatening.
[Wed Sep 7 20:22:30 2016] : Guthmund: "It might give pause to some of the bandits"
[Wed Sep 7 20:22:44 2016] : DM: OK, did anyone bring rope?
[Wed Sep 7 20:23:09 2016] : Eadfrid: "I have rope if you need it Guthmund."
[Wed Sep 7 20:23:53 2016] : DM: Hanging the bandit should be easy enough, but the branch breaks soon after you get the corpse up.
[Wed Sep 7 20:24:01 2016] : Alhandra: ooc we're carrying the rcorpse along?
[Wed Sep 7 20:24:16 2016] : Alhandra: "Oh, that won't work"
[Wed Sep 7 20:24:21 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I have rope too
[Wed Sep 7 20:24:51 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Sep 7 20:25:10 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund searches for a good sturdy branch
[Wed Sep 7 20:25:38 2016] : DM: The branches all look sturdy.
[Wed Sep 7 20:25:56 2016] : DM: On the second attempt, you hang the bandit again, but a shower of pinecones lands on your head.
[Wed Sep 7 20:26:14 2016] : Guthmund: ooc why would I hang him from a pine tree??
[Wed Sep 7 20:26:25 2016] : DM: ooc because it's a pine fores.
[Wed Sep 7 20:26:28 2016] : DM: ooc forest.
[Wed Sep 7 20:26:34 2016] : Guthmund: ooc ah!
[Wed Sep 7 20:27:20 2016] : Guthmund: ooc no conspicuous deciduous trees?
[Wed Sep 7 20:27:23 2016] : DM: ooc nope.
[Wed Sep 7 20:27:37 2016] : Alhandra: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 7 20:27:39 2016] : DM: ooc not nearby, anyway. The forest spreads away to left and right.
[Wed Sep 7 20:27:53 2016] : DM: ooc anyway, you walk under a pine tree on your way to hang him.
[Wed Sep 7 20:28:03 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund changes tack and pegs out the body
[Wed Sep 7 20:28:26 2016] : DM: [1d100(35)] = 35
[Wed Sep 7 20:28:29 2016] : DM: ... nothing happens.
[Wed Sep 7 20:29:08 2016] : DM: The bandit is pegged to the ground.
[Wed Sep 7 20:29:22 2016] : Alhandra: ooc pegs out?
[Wed Sep 7 20:29:42 2016] : DM: ooc wooden pegs in the ground, tie the bandit's hands/feet to the pegs.
[Wed Sep 7 20:30:42 2016] : Guthmund: "OK, not quite so obvious, but he may be stumbled upon"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:01 2016] : DM: What's the plan? There's forest ahead of you, and to the left and right.
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:02 2016] : Guthmund: "I wasn't anticipating a woods consisting entirely of pine trees"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:03 2016] : Alhandra: "LMaybe we could add a post of sorts"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:09 2016] : Alhandra: "To attract attention?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:19 2016] : Guthmund: "A bonfire?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:31 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra looks around for a dead long branch
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:40 2016] : Alhandra: ooc no a post/ sign
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:45 2016] : DM: There's a few dead branches.
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:50 2016] : Alhandra: "No, a sign"
[Wed Sep 7 20:31:56 2016] : Alhandra: "A beacon for others to find him"
[Wed Sep 7 20:32:03 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes, but a bonfire is more likely to attract attention"
[Wed Sep 7 20:32:25 2016] : Guthmund: "Perhaps they will send some people to investigate"
[Wed Sep 7 20:32:43 2016] : DM: As Guthmund mentions fire, the wind changes, and some water falls from the trees above.
[Wed Sep 7 20:32:56 2016] : Guthmund: "Then, we either take them on, or take on the camp and pick up the others afterwards?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:33:13 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Sep 7 20:33:40 2016] : DM: ooc looking for anything in particular?
[Wed Sep 7 20:33:57 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks at the trees, wondering if anything is odd
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:05 2016] : DM: There's nothing to see.
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:07 2016] : Eadfrid: "Looks like rain?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:12 2016] : DM: They just look like normal trees.
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:14 2016] : Guthmund: "Probably"
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:34 2016] : DM: The sky is clear and blue; the water was probably rain trapped in the trees.
[Wed Sep 7 20:34:45 2016] : Guthmund: "So, do we light a fire in the hope to draw in some bandits?2"
[Wed Sep 7 20:36:34 2016] : Alhandra: "Hmmm. THat was not exactly what I had in mind"
[Wed Sep 7 20:37:00 2016] : Eadfrid: "Worth a try, thin them out bit by bit."
[Wed Sep 7 20:37:09 2016] : Alhandra: "I was more about trying to draw attention in line with what you had said"
[Wed Sep 7 20:37:14 2016] : Alhandra: "But maybe it is an idea"
[Wed Sep 7 20:37:23 2016] : Guthmund: "I think that we should probably try something to do it Eadfrid"
[Wed Sep 7 20:37:24 2016] : Alhandra: "I don't care much either way"
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:04 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund looks for deadwood to create a fire
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:09 2016] : Guthmund: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:14 2016] : Eadfrid: "But we don't want to set fire to the whole forest. Better set it up outside."
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:26 2016] : DM: Without much difficulty, Guthmund finds some dry-ish wood.
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:28 2016] : Guthmund: "Yes, I meant in the grass outside"
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:30 2016] : Alhandra: "right"
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:34 2016] : Alhandra: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 7 20:38:53 2016] : DM: I'm going to need a survival check, please, to find somewhere that won't set the whole countryside on fire.
[Wed Sep 7 20:39:14 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 20:39:18 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund creates a bonfire some 50 metres away from the edge of the woods
[Wed Sep 7 20:39:56 2016] : Guthmund: "It doesn't need to be hot, as long as it stays on fire"
[Wed Sep 7 20:40:10 2016] : DM: The ground is wet enough that it's easy to find somewhere safe.
[Wed Sep 7 20:40:19 2016] : Guthmund: "We want it noticeable to try to get them to investigate"
[Wed Sep 7 20:40:31 2016] : DM: The fire gets started, and soon enough there is a thin column of smoke. It's probably visible from around a mile away.
[Wed Sep 7 20:40:43 2016] : Guthmund: "Once we have it going, some of these turves on top should do the trick"
[Wed Sep 7 20:41:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Then we can hide in the trees and ambush anyone coming to investigate"
[Wed Sep 7 20:42:27 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid goes and hides (badly) in the woods, away from the trail the other bandits took.
[Wed Sep 7 20:42:39 2016] : DM: The fire is now putting up a good column of smoke, but no bandits appear for over an hour.
[Wed Sep 7 20:42:43 2016] : DM: ooc how long are you waiting?
[Wed Sep 7 20:43:06 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to hide some place that might be a vantage point
[Wed Sep 7 20:43:26 2016] : Alhandra: Stealth: [1d20(14) + -2] = 12
[Wed Sep 7 20:43:53 2016] : Alhandra: ooc never mind, it's +3
[Wed Sep 7 20:43:58 2016] : Guthmund: Stealth: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 20:44:13 2016] : Guthmund: ooc what time is it?
[Wed Sep 7 20:44:58 2016] : DM: ooc it's now around 4pm.
[Wed Sep 7 20:45:04 2016] : DM: ooc "mid-to-late afternoon"
[Wed Sep 7 20:45:39 2016] : Guthmund: "Shall we wait until nightfall?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:45:50 2016] : Guthmund: "Then decide what to do if no-one comes?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:46:33 2016] : DM: [1d100(63)] = 63
[Wed Sep 7 20:46:39 2016] : Eadfrid: "yes"
[Wed Sep 7 20:46:59 2016] : Eadfrid: Stealth: [1d20(2) + -3] = -1
[Wed Sep 7 20:47:03 2016] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Sep 7 20:47:15 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 20:47:24 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 20:49:01 2016] : DM: ooc Del, did you get my whisper?
[Wed Sep 7 20:49:30 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 7 20:49:57 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed Sep 7 20:50:03 2016] : Alhandra: "Don't move Eadfrid, those leaves fallen on you have managed to conceal you better"
[Wed Sep 7 20:50:41 2016] : DM: You wait until nightfall, but nothing happens. Perhaps the bandits live too far away.
[Wed Sep 7 20:51:59 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra keeps an eye on the fire from afar to make sure it keeps burning
[Wed Sep 7 20:52:24 2016] : Guthmund: "Psst"
[Wed Sep 7 20:52:44 2016] : Guthmund: "Well hidden everyone, but it doesn't look like my plan paid out"
[Wed Sep 7 20:52:46 2016] : DM: The fire is still burning, gently, and giving off smoke.
[Wed Sep 7 20:53:23 2016] : Alhandra: "Indeed it does not"
[Wed Sep 7 20:53:28 2016] : Alhandra: "New plan?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:53:37 2016] : Eadfrid: "It was worth a try, may as well camp here and move on in the morning."
[Wed Sep 7 20:53:46 2016] : DM: It's getting dark, and the nights are not warm at this time of year.
[Wed Sep 7 20:53:46 2016] : Alhandra: "I say we leave this man here and go ahead in the morning"
[Wed Sep 7 20:54:23 2016] : DM: Who's on watch?
[Wed Sep 7 20:54:45 2016] : Eadfrid: "i'll take first watch"
[Wed Sep 7 20:55:23 2016] : Guthmund: "I know it didn't pay out, and maybe it is foolish, but we could use the fire to keep us warm?"
[Wed Sep 7 20:55:37 2016] : Guthmund: "We can see better out there than in here"
[Wed Sep 7 20:56:25 2016] : DM: [1d3(3)] = 3
[Wed Sep 7 20:56:36 2016] : DM: Who was on second watch?
[Wed Sep 7 20:57:05 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I'll take any
[Wed Sep 7 20:57:16 2016] : Eadfrid: ooc Rolled a three I think no one wants third ;)
[Wed Sep 7 20:57:39 2016] : DM: ooc Alhandra gets it. Perception check, please.
[Wed Sep 7 20:57:55 2016] : Alhandra: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 2] = 22
[Wed Sep 7 20:57:59 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Sep 7 20:58:06 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yeah, that
[Wed Sep 7 20:58:18 2016] : DM: Alhandra doesn't notice anything unusual, and nothing comes near the fire.
[Wed Sep 7 20:58:23 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra dozes off in the night
[Wed Sep 7 20:59:04 2016] : DM: The morning comes, and you all wake alive and unharmed.
[Wed Sep 7 20:59:08 2016] : DM: What's the plan?
[Wed Sep 7 20:59:10 2016] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 7 20:59:39 2016] : Eadfrid: "Onwards to the bandit camp."
[Wed Sep 7 21:00:15 2016] : Guthmund: "I can't think of anything else"
[Wed Sep 7 21:00:18 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra takes some time to pray at the crack of dawn
[Wed Sep 7 21:00:24 2016] : Alhandra: "Neither can I"
[Wed Sep 7 21:01:42 2016] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Sep 7 21:01:56 2016] : DM: Which way are you going? The tracks are much harder to follow in the forest.
[Wed Sep 7 21:03:32 2016] : Eadfrid: West? Trying to follow the tracks as much as possible
[Wed Sep 7 21:03:57 2016] : DM: OK. Survival check, please.
[Wed Sep 7 21:04:00 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 21:04:14 2016] : DM: [1d100(79)] = 79
[Wed Sep 7 21:04:14 2016] : Alhandra: Survival: [1d20(19) + 2] = 21
[Wed Sep 7 21:04:57 2016] : DM: Guthmund and Alhandra keep the trail for a while, leading deeper into the forest, but suddenly you turn a corner and the tracks vanish into a patch of grease.
[Wed Sep 7 21:05:20 2016] : Eadfrid: Survival: [1d20(5) + -1] = 4
[Wed Sep 7 21:05:32 2016] : DM: There's no tracks coming out the other side of the patch.
[Wed Sep 7 21:05:33 2016] : Eadfrid: "Grease?"
[Wed Sep 7 21:05:49 2016] : Eadfrid: "That's rather odd."
[Wed Sep 7 21:05:57 2016] : DM: It looks like fat from cooking meat.
[Wed Sep 7 21:06:45 2016] : Alhandra: "Was that where the camp was?"
[Wed Sep 7 21:07:04 2016] : DM: The grease patch is ten fee t across.
[Wed Sep 7 21:07:27 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 21:07:45 2016] : DM: There's no signs of a camp, and it's only an hour's ride from where you slept last night.
[Wed Sep 7 21:08:00 2016] : Guthmund: Gutmund moves around it slowly and tries to pick up the trail
[Wed Sep 7 21:08:05 2016] : Guthmund: Survival: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Sep 7 21:08:31 2016] : DM: Despite a thorough search, there are no more tracks nearby. It looks like the trail has gone cold.
[Wed Sep 7 21:09:20 2016] : Alhandra: "Those are damn good bandits, for vanishing into thin air"
[Wed Sep 7 21:09:31 2016] : DM: ooc or appearing from thin air.
[Wed Sep 7 21:09:43 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra scratches her head, wondering what could have happened
[Wed Sep 7 21:10:26 2016] : DM: The grease suddenly vanishes.
[Wed Sep 7 21:10:39 2016] : Eadfrid: "That grease must have been magical."
[Wed Sep 7 21:10:48 2016] : Eadfrid: "There must be a wizard nearby."
[Wed Sep 7 21:11:00 2016] : DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Sep 7 21:11:03 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 21:11:14 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Sep 7 21:11:46 2016] : DM: Neither of you spots anything.
[Wed Sep 7 21:11:53 2016] : DM: (or hears, smells, etc.)
[Wed Sep 7 21:12:05 2016] : Alhandra: ooc /me wants a copy/paste feature for nodes
[Wed Sep 7 21:12:06 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, I'm not sure what our options are"
[Wed Sep 7 21:12:22 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Sep 7 21:12:41 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund stands still and observes
[Wed Sep 7 21:12:43 2016] : Guthmund: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Sep 7 21:13:36 2016] : Alhandra: "Shhh"
[Wed Sep 7 21:13:41 2016] : Alhandra: "I've heard something"
[Wed Sep 7 21:13:55 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra points to the tree tops
[Wed Sep 7 21:14:08 2016] : DM: Knowledge: nature, please.
[Wed Sep 7 21:14:26 2016] : Guthmund: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Sep 7 21:14:54 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Sep 7 21:15:11 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 7 21:15:37 2016] : Alhandra: ooc rahhh I can't find it lol
[Wed Sep 7 21:15:51 2016] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 7 21:15:54 2016] : Alhandra: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Sep 7 21:16:04 2016] : DM: None of you recognises the sound
[Wed Sep 7 21:16:04 2016] : Alhandra: ooc geez. Too many nodes
[Wed Sep 7 21:16:33 2016] : DM: The noises stop, and nothing much happens.
[Wed Sep 7 21:17:07 2016] : Guthmund: "Well, something is up there"
[Wed Sep 7 21:17:14 2016] : Guthmund: "Probably not the bandits"
[Wed Sep 7 21:17:18 2016] : Eadfrid: "There's something odd going on here that's for sure."
[Wed Sep 7 21:17:35 2016] : Guthmund: Shall we proceed in the same direction in the hope of picking up the trail?"
[Wed Sep 7 21:17:52 2016] : DM: Suddenly, there's a noise in the undergrowth, a loud roar.
[Wed Sep 7 21:19:20 2016] : DM: The horses whinny in fear.
[Wed Sep 7 21:20:22 2016] : DM: It happens again, the other side of you.
[Wed Sep 7 21:20:39 2016] : DM: Then everything goes quiet.
[Wed Sep 7 21:20:46 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid draws his greatsword.
[Wed Sep 7 21:21:39 2016] : Guthmund: Will: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 21:21:57 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to make sense of the terrain and of the noise
[Wed Sep 7 21:22:30 2016] : DM: The noise doesn't make any sense in the forest: it sounded like no creature from these lands.
[Wed Sep 7 21:22:40 2016] : Guthmund: "I think we should move, we seem to be flanked"
[Wed Sep 7 21:23:10 2016] : Eadfrid: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 7 21:23:49 2016] : DM: Heading onwards in the same direction?
[Wed Sep 7 21:24:19 2016] : Alhandra: "Let's go"
[Wed Sep 7 21:24:49 2016] : Eadfrid: Yes
[Wed Sep 7 21:25:15 2016] : DM: You continue riding, and after a couple of hours you're deep in the woods.
[Wed Sep 7 21:25:34 2016] : DM: the trail had turned a bit south.
[Wed Sep 7 21:26:38 2016] : DM: After a while, you still haven't found any sign of bandits. It looks like better directions are needed, or you could follow the edge of the forest and trust that the bandit told you the truth.
[Wed Sep 7 21:27:44 2016] : Eadfrid: "This isn't getting us anywhere. What was it the bandit told us? Follow the edge of the forest?"
[Wed Sep 7 21:29:11 2016] : Guthmund: "Hmm, yes maybe"
[Wed Sep 7 21:29:23 2016] : Alhandra: "I can't remember for the life of me"
[Wed Sep 7 21:29:44 2016] : DM: ooc DC6 Intelligence check for a DM hint :)
[Wed Sep 7 21:29:52 2016] : Guthmund: "What are these tracks we're following then?"
[Wed Sep 7 21:30:04 2016] : DM: ooc you've lost the tracks by now.
[Wed Sep 7 21:31:20 2016] : DM: The exact wording was "West of here, on the edge of the forest."
[Wed Sep 7 21:32:52 2016] : Eadfrid: "Better return to the forest's edge and head north"
[Wed Sep 7 21:33:56 2016] : Alhandra: "I think that makes sense, because otherwise we'll just spend days and days going"
[Wed Sep 7 21:33:56 2016] : DM: As you ride...
[Wed Sep 7 21:34:00 2016] : DM: [1d100(73)] = 73
[Wed Sep 7 21:34:49 2016] : DM: Nothing much happens. You follow the edge of the forest, back to your fire, with no incident - and no sign of a bandit camp.
[Wed Sep 7 21:35:01 2016] : DM: The fire is still smouldering.
[Wed Sep 7 21:36:29 2016] : DM: The forest edge curves around; you came to it at the closest point to Oleg's.
[Wed Sep 7 21:36:59 2016] : DM: You eventually find an abandoned campsite, with an old firepit, but nothing much there except...
[Wed Sep 7 21:37:03 2016] : DM: Perception please!
[Wed Sep 7 21:37:06 2016] : DM: [1d4(2)] = 2
[Wed Sep 7 21:37:06 2016] : Eadfrid: Perception: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:01 2016] : Alhandra: ooc my perception node is gone! o.O
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:11 2016] : Guthmund: Perception: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:15 2016] : DM: ooc roll a d20
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:29 2016] : DM: Eadfrid and Guthmund see two large shapes moving in the undergrowth.
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:39 2016] : Alhandra: Perception: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed Sep 7 21:38:47 2016] : Alhandra: ooc so weird.
[Wed Sep 7 21:39:10 2016] : DM: Alhandra sees them as well. They spot you, too, and they rush out to attack!
[Wed Sep 7 21:40:18 2016] : DM: ooc can I have two enemies and your minis, please, and initiative rolls.
[Wed Sep 7 21:40:20 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 0] = 9
[Wed Sep 7 21:40:35 2016] : Guthmund: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Sep 7 21:41:13 2016] : Alhandra: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Sep 7 21:41:25 2016] : Eadfrid: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 1 + 2] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 21:41:40 2016] : DM: Alhandra, you're up. You can't quite see what the creatures are.
[Wed Sep 7 21:42:35 2016] : Alhandra: ooc are wild animals usually evil?
[Wed Sep 7 21:42:41 2016] : DM: ooc usually N
[Wed Sep 7 21:42:56 2016] : DM: it has to have Int 3+ before it's capable of evil.
[Wed Sep 7 21:43:11 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I see
[Wed Sep 7 21:43:53 2016] : DM: ooc it could still be hostile though.
[Wed Sep 7 21:45:02 2016] : Alhandra: Bless: Level 1 - Alhandra and all allies within a 50-ft. burst gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 1 minutes.
[Wed Sep 7 21:45:26 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra chants and casts a spell
[Wed Sep 7 21:45:29 2016] : Alhandra: done.
[Wed Sep 7 21:45:30 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 7 21:45:55 2016] : Eadfrid: What do they look like?
[Wed Sep 7 21:46:21 2016] : Eadfrid: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5 (untrained: 5)
[Wed Sep 7 21:46:36 2016] : DM: Heavy, solid creatures, but Eadfrid can't see them well enough to recognise them
[Wed Sep 7 21:47:29 2016] : Eadfrid: Eadfrid stands between the others and the creatures and readies an attack on the first creature to get in range.
[Wed Sep 7 21:47:54 2016] : Eadfrid: Done
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:10 2016] : DM: The boars rush out, and attack.
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:27 2016] : DM: Eadfrid's attack, please.
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:30 2016] : DM: Boar: AC = 14
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:34 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13; Hit: [2d6(5,1) + 6] = 12 damage.
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:40 2016] : Eadfrid: +1 for bless
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:53 2016] : DM: Eadfrid lands a solid blow, but the boar keeps coming.
[Wed Sep 7 21:48:57 2016] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18 - Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10 HP.
[Wed Sep 7 21:49:17 2016] : Eadfrid: "Argh!"
[Wed Sep 7 21:49:43 2016] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(14) + 6] = 20 - Damage: [1d8(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Wed Sep 7 21:49:57 2016] : DM: The other one attacks Guthmund. Guthmund, you're next.
[Wed Sep 7 21:50:13 2016] : Guthmund: Hit
[Wed Sep 7 21:50:20 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 8 damage. [Wed Sep 7 21:50:54 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund draws his falchion and slashes at the beast
[Wed Sep 7 21:51:20 2016] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26 Damage: [2d4(2,2) + 8] = 12 HP
Critical threat: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28, Damage: [12 + 2d4(1,1) + 8] = 22 HP; Ranger's Focus;

[Wed Sep 7 21:51:34 2016] : DM: ooc nice!
[Wed Sep 7 21:51:49 2016] : DM: The boar is cut open from head to toe, but keeps fighting.
[Wed Sep 7 21:52:02 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 7 21:52:05 2016] : Guthmund: ooc eek!
[Wed Sep 7 21:52:54 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra makes sure she takes a few steps back before she appeals to Erestil
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:15 2016] : Alhandra: ooc is there any way I can make a channel energy without healing the boars?
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:34 2016] : Guthmund: ooc only with the selective channeling feat
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:37 2016] : DM: ooc yes, you can, but you'll need to judge the distance correctly. I'll need an Int check.
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:43 2016] : Alhandra: ooc or moving will not allow me to chanel?
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:44 2016] : DM: ooc she can get the range exactly right.
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:47 2016] : Alhandra: *channel
[Wed Sep 7 21:53:54 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yeah, I was going for the exact range
[Wed Sep 7 21:54:00 2016] : DM: ooc you can move first, but it's hard to judge in combat.
[Wed Sep 7 21:55:37 2016] : Alhandra: ooc yes, probably too random...
[Wed Sep 7 21:56:11 2016] : DM: ooc you could heal one of the melee types, or you could try summoning.
[Wed Sep 7 21:56:31 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra starts chanting.
[Wed Sep 7 21:56:57 2016] : Alhandra: ooc going for the summon.
[Wed Sep 7 21:57:04 2016] : DM: Eadfrid?
[Wed Sep 7 21:57:26 2016] : Eadfrid: Eafrid tries to kill the boar before it kills him.
[Wed Sep 7 21:57:29 2016] : Eadfrid: Greatsword: [1d20(11) + 6] = 17; Hit: [2d6(1,4) + 6] = 11 damage.
[Wed Sep 7 21:57:50 2016] : DM: It's a good hit, and this boar is now also badly injured.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:03 2016] : DM: Staggering, the boars attack.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:06 2016] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16 - Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12 HP.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:08 2016] : DM: Gore: Attack: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19 - Damage: [1d8(2) + 4] = 6 HP.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:17 2016] : DM: Eadfrid and Guthmund, respectively.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:29 2016] : DM: ooc ouch.
[Wed Sep 7 21:58:42 2016] : Alhandra: ooc TPK on second day. Pretty cool.
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:02 2016] : Alhandra: ooc now I need a suimmon and all I have is a wooly rhino. ^^
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:03 2016] : Eadfrid: Gored brutally, Eafrid falls (-10)
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:19 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund takes 6 damage. [Wed Sep 7 21:59:22 2016] : DM: Guthmund?
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:26 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund bleeds
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:29 2016] : Guthmund: [1d20(12)] = 12
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:40 2016] : Guthmund: and bleeds some more
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:42 2016] : Guthmund: Done
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:46 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I am a failed cleric.
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:47 2016] : DM: Alhandra?
[Wed Sep 7 21:59:54 2016] : DM: ooc you can still save them!
[Wed Sep 7 22:00:05 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I break my spell and channel?
[Wed Sep 7 22:00:17 2016] : Guthmund: ooc finish it, then channel
[Wed Sep 7 22:00:19 2016] : DM: ooc the spell finishes, then you can channel.
[Wed Sep 7 22:00:30 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra summons.... something
[Wed Sep 7 22:01:02 2016] : Guthmund: ooc there are a couple of summon 1 nodes in the level 1 spells
[Wed Sep 7 22:01:30 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I don't see them
[Wed Sep 7 22:01:41 2016] : DM: ooc viper?
[Wed Sep 7 22:01:47 2016] : Guthmund: ooc but we never really play this low level normally so I never made many
[Wed Sep 7 22:02:01 2016] : Alhandra: ooc I need something that's gonna kill those boars. Won't eagle do it faster?
[Wed Sep 7 22:02:14 2016] : DM: ooc the summon only lasts 1 round
[Wed Sep 7 22:02:35 2016] : Alhandra: ooc well, kill one boar at least.
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:09 2016] : DM: ooc I'd just roll a quick attack for something.
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:12 2016] : Alhandra: An eagle appears and attacks (which looks the most beaten up?)
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:15 2016] : DM: ooc don't fret the nodes.
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:24 2016] : DM: ooc Guthmund did a bit more damage.
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:25 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I think I took the summons out of the tree - mine are augmented
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:47 2016] : Alhandra: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Sep 7 22:03:52 2016] : Alhandra: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:00 2016] : Alhandra: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:05 2016] : Alhandra: 2 talons one bite?
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:06 2016] : DM: one hit.
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:29 2016] : Alhandra: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:44 2016] : DM: The boar is bleeding very badly now.
[Wed Sep 7 22:04:55 2016] : DM: Alhandra, your actual go.
[Wed Sep 7 22:05:22 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra tries to assess how far she is and pappeals to Erastil
[Wed Sep 7 22:05:28 2016] : Alhandra: Intelligence: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Wed Sep 7 22:05:32 2016] : Alhandra: ooc omg
[Wed Sep 7 22:05:37 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [1d6(3)] = 3 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 7 22:05:50 2016] : DM: ooc... [1d2(1)] = 1 - 1 is too close, 2 is too far away
[Wed Sep 7 22:06:01 2016] : Guthmund: ooc we rested - I should be +1 HP
[Wed Sep 7 22:06:08 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 1 HP. [Wed Sep 7 22:06:17 2016] : DM: Everyone, including the boars, gains 3HP
[Wed Sep 7 22:06:20 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I also stabilised last round
[Wed Sep 7 22:06:33 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 3 HP. [Wed Sep 7 22:06:48 2016] : DM: Eadfrid? I think you're unconscious but stable.
[Wed Sep 7 22:06:49 2016] : Alhandra: ooc what was that about the +1HP?
[Wed Sep 7 22:07:07 2016] : Eadfrid: Yes.
[Wed Sep 7 22:07:09 2016] : Guthmund: ooc I forgot to gain 1 HP after resting
[Wed Sep 7 22:07:12 2016] : Eadfrid: on -7
[Wed Sep 7 22:07:50 2016] : DM: The boars rush off, now that the people between them and the deeper forest have been knocked down.
[Wed Sep 7 22:08:00 2016] : DM: Guthmund gets an AoO, if he wants to take it.
[Wed Sep 7 22:08:08 2016] : Guthmund: Falchion: [1d20(11) + 8] = 19 Damage: [2d4(1,2) + 8] = 11 HP; Ranger's Focus; Bless
[Wed Sep 7 22:08:25 2016] : DM: The boar dies, cut almost in half.
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:06 2016] : Alhandra: ooc dinner!
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:14 2016] : DM: Combat's over - and you survived!
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:18 2016] : Guthmund: Guthmund gets unsteadily to his feet
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:37 2016] : Guthmund: ... then checks Eadfrid
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:42 2016] : Guthmund: Heal: [1d20(16) + 1 + 0] = 17
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:43 2016] : Guthmund: Heal: [1d20(13) + 1 + 0] = 14
[Wed Sep 7 22:09:44 2016] : DM: 200xp each.
[Wed Sep 7 22:10:00 2016] : DM: Eadfrid is badly injured, but is not in immediate danger.
[Wed Sep 7 22:10:53 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra looks around, trying to assess fif the boar is really gone.
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:01 2016] : DM: The boar is gone.
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:17 2016] : Alhandra: and runs to help her companions
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:26 2016] : Guthmund: "Can you do anything more for Eadfrid?"
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:32 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [1d6(4)] = 4 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:45 2016] : Alhandra: Alhandra channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [1d6(1)] = 1 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 7 22:11:56 2016] : Alhandra: omg what a waste.
[Wed Sep 7 22:12:00 2016] : Alhandra: ooc sorry :)
[Wed Sep 7 22:12:12 2016] : DM: A quiet voice says "Oh dear. We weren't watching."
[Wed Sep 7 22:12:18 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Sep 7 22:12:23 2016] : Guthmund: Healing: Regain 1 HP. [Wed Sep 7 22:12:46 2016] : DM: Another voice, slightly higher-pitched, says "And whose fault was that? You were looking for another prank, and they nearly got killed!"
[Wed Sep 7 22:12:51 2016] : Alhandra: "I'm drained. I'd need to rest some"
[Wed Sep 7 22:12:58 2016] : DM: GAME END