Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 6 20:09:36 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 6 20:10:24 2016] : DM: After Hildy took guidance from his diety you decided to return to the ancient temple to investigate what the serpent folk are doing.
[Wed Jul 6 20:11:04 2016] : DM: You were attacked by a clockwork leviathan which nearly sunk the boat after killing a number of crew. It now lies in pieces at the bottom of the river.
[Wed Jul 6 20:11:22 2016] : Koro: ooc I missed the last two weeks - are we on a new adventure?
[Wed Jul 6 20:11:37 2016] : DM: The captain was initially not impressed with the loses but you convinced him that without you there it would have gone even worse.
[Wed Jul 6 20:12:55 2016] : DM: You are now on the old overgrown stone jetty looking at the recent marks from the leviathan launch. To the east you see the stepped pyramind at the center of the complex.
[Wed Jul 6 20:13:01 2016] : DM: What next?
[Wed Jul 6 20:13:52 2016] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [6d6(1,1,4,5,6,5)] = 22 HP healing.
[Wed Jul 6 20:13:58 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Jul 6 20:14:14 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has a look at the launch marks
[Wed Jul 6 20:14:20 2016] : Vaddyn: Survival: [1d20(17) + -1] = 16
[Wed Jul 6 20:14:27 2016] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Jul 6 20:14:34 2016] : DM: They're fresh, maybe 2 days old.
[Wed Jul 6 20:15:52 2016] : Koro: "Can we track these back to where the thing was built?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:16:03 2016] : Vaddyn: "Do we want to?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:16:27 2016] : Akiak: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Jul 6 20:16:31 2016] : Koro: "If its creators are hostile to us, better we attack them now."
[Wed Jul 6 20:18:13 2016] : Vaddyn: "The tracks probably lead to the temple"
[Wed Jul 6 20:19:27 2016] : Hildy: "I'm going to assume that they lead back to the evil temple..."
[Wed Jul 6 20:19:38 2016] : Hildy: "But I could be wrong of course"
[Wed Jul 6 20:19:43 2016] : Koro: "Then let us go and see if we can knock on the door."
[Wed Jul 6 20:19:53 2016] : Akiak: "now... while that thing is not in theri possession anymore and they don't have time to create another as terrible"
[Wed Jul 6 20:20:49 2016] : Vaddyn: "Lets go then"
[Wed Jul 6 20:21:05 2016] : Vaddyn: Vadydn looks about for a path of some sort
[Wed Jul 6 20:21:20 2016] : DM: There's a well trodden path leading east
[Wed Jul 6 20:22:27 2016] : DM: As you walk east you pass by ruined buildings, little more than low walls, smothered in trees and ferns and thick mosses.
[Wed Jul 6 20:23:30 2016] : DM: The path opens out into a clearing cut into the new growth, wooden scaffolding and crates of supplies are stacked around the place.
[Wed Jul 6 20:23:53 2016] : Vaddyn: "More activity here than I was expecting"
[Wed Jul 6 20:23:53 2016] : DM: A lone serpentfolk is moving around the crates.
[Wed Jul 6 20:23:59 2016] : DM: Steath checks.
[Wed Jul 6 20:24:05 2016] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(8) + 27] = 35
[Wed Jul 6 20:24:07 2016] : Vaddyn: Stealth: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17
[Wed Jul 6 20:24:41 2016] : Koro: Stealth: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Jul 6 20:24:49 2016] : Koro: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:11 2016] : DM: Koro steps on a branch. The serpentfolks looks up, startled and...
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:16 2016] : DM: perception checks.
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:20 2016] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:23 2016] : Koro: Perception: [1d20(20) + 15] = 35
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:28 2016] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:32 2016] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jul 6 20:25:50 2016] : Koro: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:03 2016] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:11 2016] : Akiak: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 8] = 23
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:24 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(20) + 16] = 36
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:42 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(1) + 24] = 25
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:47 2016] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Jul 6 20:26:57 2016] : Koro: ooc my node isn't leveled up :-( oops!
[Wed Jul 6 20:27:51 2016] : DM: You see the serpentfolk look up and to your left. You see a wooden lookout tower with a bell hanging from a post at the top.
[Wed Jul 6 20:28:49 2016] : DM: [1d20(15) + 9] = 24
[Wed Jul 6 20:30:20 2016] : DM: The serpentfolk drops a tool on the ground and dashes for the lookout tower. Scrambling up the ladder.
[Wed Jul 6 20:30:23 2016] : DM: Koro?
[Wed Jul 6 20:31:05 2016] : Koro: ooc was that a surprise round? Or was it the first normal round?
[Wed Jul 6 20:31:40 2016] : DM: Normal rounds
[Wed Jul 6 20:32:00 2016] : Koro: ooc OK
[Wed Jul 6 20:32:08 2016] : Koro: ooc delay until after Vaddyn
[Wed Jul 6 20:32:13 2016] : Koro: "Make me faster!"
[Wed Jul 6 20:32:57 2016] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jul 6 20:34:31 2016] : Akiak: Akiak looks around to see if she can find a place to hide
[Wed Jul 6 20:34:39 2016] : Akiak: And then decides to disappear
[Wed Jul 6 20:34:45 2016] : Akiak: Akiak uses one point of ki - Ki points remaining 6 out of 8
[Wed Jul 6 20:35:25 2016] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jul 6 20:35:53 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jul 6 20:36:19 2016] : Hildy: Hildy touches Koro
[Wed Jul 6 20:36:27 2016] : Hildy: Freedom of Movement *: Level 4 - You or a creature you touch move and attack normally for the duration of the spell (works vs. grapple, web etc.; Duration: 110 minutes).
[Wed Jul 6 20:36:45 2016] : Hildy: Hildy delays his move until after Vaddyn
[Wed Jul 6 20:38:11 2016] : DM: ooc you can't split a turn like that.
[Wed Jul 6 20:38:42 2016] : DM: ooc because tracking that would drive a DM mad! Mad! MAD!!!!
[Wed Jul 6 20:38:54 2016] : Akiak: ooc mad maybe?
[Wed Jul 6 20:40:51 2016] : Hildy: OK, I'll just move
[Wed Jul 6 20:40:53 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jul 6 20:41:01 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jul 6 20:41:11 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grabs Koros shoulder and casts a spell
[Wed Jul 6 20:41:12 2016] : Vaddyn: Dimension Door : Level 4 - Vaddyn Teleports himself and up to 3 willing people up to 840 ft
[Wed Jul 6 20:41:46 2016] : Vaddyn: done
[Wed Jul 6 20:41:58 2016] : DM: Koro?
[Wed Jul 6 20:42:33 2016] : Koro: ooc are we just above the serpentfolk?
[Wed Jul 6 20:43:07 2016] : DM: ooc I assume Vaddyn teleported you don't to the top of the platform on the same level as the serpentfolk
[Wed Jul 6 20:43:27 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah, just wanted to arrive right in its scaly face
[Wed Jul 6 20:43:53 2016] : Koro: Koro decides that the simple approach is best
[Wed Jul 6 20:44:06 2016] : Koro: ooc one moment
[Wed Jul 6 20:44:50 2016] : Koro: Koro uses a swift action to gain the Boar Style, Boar Ferocity, and Boar Shred feats for one minute.
[Wed Jul 6 20:44:52 2016] : Koro: Boar Style: Full Attack: Attack: [1d20(14) + 23] = 37 - Damage: [2d8(3,7) + 10] = 20 HP.
[Wed Jul 6 20:45:23 2016] : Koro: ooc also an extra attack [1d20(7) + 13] = 20 [2d8(6,3) + 10] = 19
[Wed Jul 6 20:45:29 2016] : Koro: Intimidate: [1d20(3) + 15] = 18
[Wed Jul 6 20:45:33 2016] : Koro: ooc done
[Wed Jul 6 20:46:05 2016] : DM: Koro's first punch lands on the serpent's face smashing the glasses perched on its scaly nose.
[Wed Jul 6 20:46:34 2016] : DM: The second hits in its chest cracking ribs and sending the poor serpent tumbling to the ground, quite dead.
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:03 2016] : Koro: "Well, I think that prevented the alarm being raised for now."
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:11 2016] : Koro: Koro is barely breathing hard
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:37 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc this is when we see the sign on the bell "Ring it loud when new friends arrive!"
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:40 2016] : Hildy: Hildy takes a look around the clearing...
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:48 2016] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Jul 6 20:47:55 2016] : Vaddyn: "That quick enough for you Koro?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:48:40 2016] : Koro: "Very good; thank you. But perhaps our next action should be to disable the bell."
[Wed Jul 6 20:48:46 2016] : DM: There's no one else nearby it seems.
[Wed Jul 6 20:49:25 2016] : Vaddyn: "Indeed. "
[Wed Jul 6 20:49:59 2016] : DM: Cutting down the bell is easy work.
[Wed Jul 6 20:51:08 2016] : Koro: "So, shall we advance?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:51:14 2016] : Vaddyn: "Lead on"
[Wed Jul 6 20:51:30 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn climbs down and rejoins the others
[Wed Jul 6 20:51:44 2016] : Koro: Koro prepares to continue.
[Wed Jul 6 20:51:49 2016] : Hildy: "Perhaps a little scouting from here on in?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:52:36 2016] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, can you allow us to communicate at range?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:52:37 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good idea"
[Wed Jul 6 20:52:58 2016] : Vaddyn: Message: Level 0 - Message: You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies from 11 creatures for 110 minutes
[Wed Jul 6 20:53:18 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn casts enough for all
[Wed Jul 6 20:53:25 2016] : Hildy: "Thanks"
[Wed Jul 6 20:53:45 2016] : Koro: "So, Akiak, will you take the lead?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:53:45 2016] : Hildy: "Akiak, shall we?"
[Wed Jul 6 20:53:51 2016] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 27] = 34
[Wed Jul 6 20:54:02 2016] : Akiak: "Yes"
[Wed Jul 6 20:54:15 2016] : Akiak: Akiak goes forward
[Wed Jul 6 20:54:22 2016] : Akiak: ooc are we still in rounds?
[Wed Jul 6 20:54:48 2016] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Jul 6 20:54:55 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 24] = 43
[Wed Jul 6 20:55:00 2016] : DM: You advance on the temple
[Wed Jul 6 20:55:03 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(10) + 16] = 26
[Wed Jul 6 20:55:43 2016] : DM: It's a large structure made of but blocks of pale gray stone.
[Wed Jul 6 20:56:05 2016] : DM: The path way leads to an ornate entrance.
[Wed Jul 6 20:56:38 2016] : DM: The entrance is blocked by a shimmering wall of light. There is one one else in sight. You hear sibilent chanting from inside.
[Wed Jul 6 20:57:15 2016] : Vaddyn: Spellcraft: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15
[Wed Jul 6 20:57:31 2016] : Akiak: ooc are we going the way I put my mini?
[Wed Jul 6 20:57:56 2016] : Hildy: Spellcraft: [1d20(3) + 19] = 22
[Wed Jul 6 20:57:56 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 6 20:58:17 2016] : DM: You do not recognize the magic.
[Wed Jul 6 20:59:49 2016] : Hildy: "Well, what do we make of this?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:00:50 2016] : Koro: "I do not like it."
[Wed Jul 6 21:00:52 2016] : Vaddyn: "No idea, but I'm guessing its to keep people out"
[Wed Jul 6 21:01:44 2016] : Koro: "What happens if we touch it? Or throw a stone through it?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:01:59 2016] : Hildy: "I have no idea"
[Wed Jul 6 21:02:11 2016] : Hildy: "we could search for other entrances?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:03:03 2016] : Koro: "Let us do so quickly."
[Wed Jul 6 21:03:08 2016] : Vaddyn: "Ok"
[Wed Jul 6 21:03:46 2016] : DM: You circle round the temple, the going to slow because of the tangle of the undergrowth (unless you're all packing freedom of movement).
[Wed Jul 6 21:03:52 2016] : Akiak: Akiak looks around for other entrances, possibly not warded
[Wed Jul 6 21:04:23 2016] : DM: Round the back of the temple is a small entrace, choked with rubble with large trees growing out of it.
[Wed Jul 6 21:05:11 2016] : Hildy: ooc my power doesn't work against standard vegetation
[Wed Jul 6 21:05:23 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc does the rubble look clear-able?
[Wed Jul 6 21:05:59 2016] : Hildy: ooc the trees might prove more problematic
[Wed Jul 6 21:06:14 2016] : Koro: ooc Koro can sunder them :)
[Wed Jul 6 21:06:20 2016] : Hildy: "Can anyone see a narrow way through?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:06:40 2016] : Hildy: "I can maybe stretch the gap by shaping the stone"
[Wed Jul 6 21:07:15 2016] : Koro: "Let us try lifting the debris away."
[Wed Jul 6 21:07:25 2016] : Koro: Koro sets to work.
[Wed Jul 6 21:07:40 2016] : Hildy: Hildy aids Koro
[Wed Jul 6 21:07:41 2016] : DM: The blocks of stone are large and heavy but you being clearing them away.
[Wed Jul 6 21:08:13 2016] : Vaddyn: "If this fails I could try using the same spell I used earlier to get us inside, but I have no idea if it will penetrate that barrier"
[Wed Jul 6 21:08:25 2016] : DM: It's slow work and after half an hour you cleared enough that a small person might wriggle through the gap.
[Wed Jul 6 21:08:40 2016] : Hildy: "I assumed that the barrier was noly only on the door"
[Wed Jul 6 21:08:43 2016] : Koro: ooc small or Small? :-)
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:00 2016] : DM: ooc Small
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:01 2016] : Akiak: Akiak helps moving some stones, and tris to look in and get in as soon as it's beig enough for here
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:06 2016] : Hildy: Hildy tries to widen the gap to allow the rest of us in
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:10 2016] : Hildy: Stone Shape: Level 3 - Hildy forms a piece of stone into another shape (up to 21 cubic feet)
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:11 2016] : Akiak: ooc the TYPOS!
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:18 2016] : DM: Stealth check
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:30 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(2) + 24] = 26
[Wed Jul 6 21:09:42 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(16) + 16] = 32
[Wed Jul 6 21:10:18 2016] : DM: You squeeze betwen the tree trunk and stones and enter a low, narrow passageway, the floor covered in loose sand and gravel that crunches softly underfoot.
[Wed Jul 6 21:10:46 2016] : DM: It's dark but you see the light of many lanterns ahead.
[Wed Jul 6 21:11:05 2016] : DM: There does not appear to be a barrier here.
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:01 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc stealth from all of us?
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:04 2016] : Koro: "Are you through?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:07 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 24] = 29
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:14 2016] : Akiak: "I am through, I see light"
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:25 2016] : Akiak: ooc ah no, not through I guess
[Wed Jul 6 21:12:56 2016] : DM: ooc you can carry on down the passageway if you wish for a better look.
[Wed Jul 6 21:13:45 2016] : Akiak: yes, pressing on
[Wed Jul 6 21:14:04 2016] : DM: Stealth check
[Wed Jul 6 21:14:11 2016] : Akiak: Akiak presses on into the small passage, scratching herself against wall and stones
[Wed Jul 6 21:14:12 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 24] = 43
[Wed Jul 6 21:14:17 2016] : Akiak: ooc :P
[Wed Jul 6 21:16:10 2016] : DM: Akiak makes it all the way to the opening into the temple, a vast vaulted chamber paved with fine marble. A gold sun takes pride of place in the center of the floor.
[Wed Jul 6 21:18:02 2016] : Akiak: Looking and etching as much of the layout of the room as I can in my mind, to tell others
[Wed Jul 6 21:18:07 2016] : DM: Around the edge are: 2 clockwork soldiers flanking a hooded and robed figure leaning on a crooked staff, two brutish-looking serpent folk standing guard on either side of the opposite entrace and 5 other serpent folk arranged around the sun symbol chanting. Their leader holding a scepter high over its head.
[Wed Jul 6 21:18:09 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(13) + 16] = 29
[Wed Jul 6 21:19:38 2016] : DM: The sun symbol glints in the lamplight.
[Wed Jul 6 21:21:18 2016] : DM: There's nothing else noteworthy.
[Wed Jul 6 21:21:45 2016] : Koro: ooc I have to go for 10 minutes - back soon!
[Wed Jul 6 21:22:11 2016] : Akiak: ooc pause? Then I fcan go for a cig :P
[Wed Jul 6 21:22:27 2016] : DM: GAME PAUSE
[Wed Jul 6 21:33:10 2016] : Akiak: ooc back
[Wed Jul 6 21:35:48 2016] : Koro: ooc back
[Wed Jul 6 21:35:53 2016] : DM: GAME RESUME
[Wed Jul 6 21:36:12 2016] : Koro: "Akiak? What can you see?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:37:36 2016] : Akiak: Akiak comes back and explains what she saw
[Wed Jul 6 21:37:54 2016] : Hildy: ooc did my stone shape increase the aperture?
[Wed Jul 6 21:39:32 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 6 21:39:48 2016] : Koro: "You go first; I am less silent than you."
[Wed Jul 6 21:39:53 2016] : Hildy: ooc enough for the rest of us to get in?
[Wed Jul 6 21:40:01 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 6 21:40:07 2016] : Hildy: "We should prepare"
[Wed Jul 6 21:41:13 2016] : Akiak: "Yes"
[Wed Jul 6 21:41:13 2016] : Hildy: "I can get some mud elementals to attack at the far end, leaving us time to cast some enhancment spells and we'll be less noticed as we enter"
[Wed Jul 6 21:41:24 2016] : Akiak: "There are a lot of them"
[Wed Jul 6 21:41:55 2016] : Hildy: "how far away to the other side?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:43:36 2016] : Vaddyn: "Akaik, I can make you invisible and still able to attack if you want?"
[Wed Jul 6 21:43:54 2016] : Akiak: ooc Akiak discusses length and distance in meters. Hildy is confused :P
[Wed Jul 6 21:44:04 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc hehe
[Wed Jul 6 21:44:27 2016] : Hildy: "OK, let's start"
[Wed Jul 6 21:44:34 2016] : Akiak: I think I am good Vaddyn, I can do that on my own. Keep the spell ready in case I need it later.
[Wed Jul 6 21:44:40 2016] : Akiak: "I think I am good Vaddyn, I can do that on my own. Keep the spell ready in case I need it later."
[Wed Jul 6 21:44:58 2016] : Hildy: ooc I'll count the rounds
[Wed Jul 6 21:45:03 2016] : Vaddyn: "ok"
[Wed Jul 6 21:45:43 2016] : DM: GAME END