Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jun 29 20:39:04 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jun 29 20:39:15 2016] : Akiak: ooc I mean I'm here, but my stats aren't updated and pcgen isn't playing along
[Wed Jun 29 20:39:56 2016] : DM: You returned to Moyamba, encountering a quasit along the way who relayed a message that the serpentfolk in an ancient temple were dealing with the institute.
[Wed Jun 29 20:40:18 2016] : Akiak: ooc oh I missed that part.
[Wed Jun 29 20:40:28 2016] : DM: You decided to press on to Moyamba instead of investigating immediately.
[Wed Jun 29 20:42:01 2016] : DM: In Moyamba, Koro returned to the institute to report but news of Lady Basima's downfall had already reached them and Koro's association with the events meant he was no longer welcome.
[Wed Jun 29 20:42:33 2016] : Akiak: ooc institute was the one who hired him?
[Wed Jun 29 20:42:46 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jun 29 20:43:06 2016] : DM: You finally collected your reward from the department of magical something or other for your assistance in renewing the seals.
[Wed Jun 29 20:43:22 2016] : DM: Now you need to decide what to do next.
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:30 2016] : Vaddyn: "Lets find a tavern. I could do with a decent meal"
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:36 2016] : Akiak: ooc how much money did we get?
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:38 2016] : Hildy: "OK, I think we need to head back to that temple afterwards"
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:48 2016] : Hildy: "Via a library"
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:50 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc not much
[Wed Jun 29 20:44:53 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc honest
[Wed Jun 29 20:45:02 2016] : Akiak: ooc stingy DM
[Wed Jun 29 20:45:04 2016] : Hildy: ooc it's on the wiki
[Wed Jun 29 20:46:18 2016] : Vaddyn: "I think you're right Hildy. Its the only lead we have"
[Wed Jun 29 20:46:39 2016] : DM: ooc it was 50,000 gold pieces
[Wed Jun 29 20:47:20 2016] : Vaddyn: "Might be worth checking for information about it while we're in town"
[Wed Jun 29 20:47:20 2016] : Hildy: ooc plenty enough for some serious cure potions ;-)
[Wed Jun 29 20:47:25 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 20:47:32 2016] : Akiak: Healing: Regain 11 HP. [Wed Jun 29 20:48:04 2016] : DM: There's an extensive library at the college of magic (or whatever I called it -- I really need better notes :(.
[Wed Jun 29 20:48:42 2016] : Vaddyn: "Lets check the College Library"
[Wed Jun 29 20:48:50 2016] : Akiak: "Yes, makes sense"
[Wed Jun 29 20:50:15 2016] : DM: What sort of information re you looking for?
[Wed Jun 29 20:50:29 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc anything really
[Wed Jun 29 20:50:38 2016] : Hildy: ooc what the temple might be, why it is where it is
[Wed Jun 29 20:50:44 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc history, legends etc
[Wed Jun 29 20:50:53 2016] : Hildy: ooc what the temple might be. Why it is where it is.
[Wed Jun 29 20:51:24 2016] : Hildy: ooc Information on serpentfolk
[Wed Jun 29 20:51:40 2016] : Hildy: ooc who they might have as allies
[Wed Jun 29 20:51:58 2016] : Akiak: ooc which temple are we talking about?
[Wed Jun 29 20:52:19 2016] : Akiak: ooc I'm confused.
[Wed Jun 29 20:52:31 2016] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, I think that knowledge is your area, but I'll try to find information on the temple"
[Wed Jun 29 20:52:35 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc the one we didn't investigate last week
[Wed Jun 29 20:52:53 2016] : DM: The serpentfolk once ruled other the entire jungle from the Great Cliff on the north to the deep south where the now live. The had many cities each dominated by a prominent temple dedicated to one of their gods.
[Wed Jun 29 20:52:53 2016] : Akiak: ooc ah sorry
[Wed Jun 29 20:53:12 2016] : Hildy: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15
[Wed Jun 29 20:53:38 2016] : Hildy has sent you a tree node...
[Wed Jun 29 20:53:45 2016] : DM: Conflict with humans from the north drove them from their lands many hundreds of years ago.
[Wed Jun 29 20:54:15 2016] : Vaddyn: Knowledge History: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30
[Wed Jun 29 20:54:33 2016] : Akiak: Knowledge (untrained): [1d20(10) + 0] = 10
[Wed Jun 29 20:55:18 2016] : DM: The temple you're interested in is dedicated to the Godess Ssaa. Her portfolio is the sun and fire.
[Wed Jun 29 20:56:09 2016] : Hildy: ooc hmm, and here's me with celestial summons immune to cold, acid and electricity :-P
[Wed Jun 29 20:56:23 2016] : Hildy: ooc resistant, not immune
[Wed Jun 29 20:56:37 2016] : DM: The texts you find write about blood sacrifices and rituals to summon crreatures from the underworlds -- demons and devils.
[Wed Jun 29 20:56:38 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 20:57:13 2016] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Jun 29 20:57:33 2016] : DM: ooc snakes life to bask in the sun -- it's not because the DM is deliberately mean ;)
[Wed Jun 29 20:58:19 2016] : Akiak: ooc right...
[Wed Jun 29 20:59:07 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc not just...
[Wed Jun 29 21:00:27 2016] : DM: The library's history section is extensive and you can read much more background but find little that is directly relevant.
[Wed Jun 29 21:00:50 2016] : Hildy: "OK, I can help us with fire resistance"
[Wed Jun 29 21:01:19 2016] : Vaddyn: "There might not even be anything in there"
[Wed Jun 29 21:02:36 2016] : Akiak: "Why dod we want to get there anyway?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:02:53 2016] : Akiak: "Are we saving someone? Helping someone? Or just curious?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:02:55 2016] : Hildy: "it's the only lead we have on the devils"
[Wed Jun 29 21:03:13 2016] : Akiak: "Is it even a lead, I wonder?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:03:24 2016] : Hildy: "And the institute"
[Wed Jun 29 21:03:38 2016] : Hildy: "Well, it came from a source that I don't trust"
[Wed Jun 29 21:04:05 2016] : Vaddyn: "Nor I Hildy, but what else can we do?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:04:23 2016] : Vaddyn: "Presumably they have sources of information beyond our reach"
[Wed Jun 29 21:04:34 2016] : Vaddyn: "and I'd rather not think about what they are"
[Wed Jun 29 21:05:11 2016] : Hildy: "I have some spells that may help us"
[Wed Jun 29 21:05:23 2016] : Hildy: "I can ask Domestos for some guidance"
[Wed Jun 29 21:05:56 2016] : Vaddyn: "perhaps a few scrolls would be useful"
[Wed Jun 29 21:06:37 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc not sure which ones, though
[Wed Jun 29 21:07:35 2016] : Akiak: "I can't help you with this whole magic thing"
[Wed Jun 29 21:07:52 2016] : Akiak: "But I'll take anything that avoids me being completely burnt to crisp"
[Wed Jun 29 21:07:56 2016] : Akiak: "Been there, done that"
[Wed Jun 29 21:08:30 2016] : Hildy: "While you search for more information, I shall commune with Domestos"
[Wed Jun 29 21:08:52 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn continues looking...
[Wed Jun 29 21:09:10 2016] : Hildy: Divination: Level 4 - Provides a useful piece of advice in reply to a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity that is to occur within 1 week. The advice granted by the spell can be as simple as a short phrase, or it might take the form of a cryptic rhyme or omen. (Pass chance = 81%: [1d100(15)] = 15)
[Wed Jun 29 21:09:24 2016] : Vaddyn: "Oh well, not much left of use"
[Wed Jun 29 21:09:36 2016] : Hildy: Hildy asks Domestos the following:
[Wed Jun 29 21:10:02 2016] : Hildy: "Is investigating the temple something that will have an effect to the greater good?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:10:14 2016] : Hildy: "Overall"
[Wed Jun 29 21:11:12 2016] : DM: "Yes"
[Wed Jun 29 21:11:29 2016] : Hildy: "Well, if it's good enough for Domestos."
[Wed Jun 29 21:11:46 2016] : DM: ooc terrible question btw. Since you didn't ask whether it would be positive or negative...
[Wed Jun 29 21:11:46 2016] : Hildy: Hildy reports the response back to the team
[Wed Jun 29 21:12:01 2016] : Akiak: ooc uhoh
[Wed Jun 29 21:12:10 2016] : Hildy: ooc yes, I worded the entire thing badly
[Wed Jun 29 21:13:15 2016] : Hildy: "Is investigating, travelling to and eradicating evil at the ancient serpentfolk temple something that will have an positive effect to the greater good?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:13:49 2016] : Hildy: ooc Hildy had 20 minutes to muse his question. I had seconds
[Wed Jun 29 21:13:55 2016] : DM: ooc sure
[Wed Jun 29 21:14:13 2016] : DM: "Yes."
[Wed Jun 29 21:14:20 2016] : Hildy: ooc thanks :-)
[Wed Jun 29 21:14:24 2016] : Hildy: Hildy reports the response back to the team
[Wed Jun 29 21:15:47 2016] : Hildy: "I'm happy that by getting involved we are working to a greater purpose of good"
[Wed Jun 29 21:16:02 2016] : Hildy: "Better to act than to be paralysed into inaction"
[Wed Jun 29 21:16:33 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good, good. I've found nothing more here"
[Wed Jun 29 21:17:07 2016] : Vaddyn: "We should secure passage back, then get any equipment we need"
[Wed Jun 29 21:19:23 2016] : Hildy: "Yes. I can also take a look at anything you want enchanted"
[Wed Jun 29 21:19:25 2016] : DM: With the amount of river traffic, it's easy to find a vessel willing to take you to the temple.
[Wed Jun 29 21:20:44 2016] : Hildy: Hildy does some shopping and packs, ready for the trip
[Wed Jun 29 21:21:25 2016] : Akiak: Akiak is a bit sceptical
[Wed Jun 29 21:21:31 2016] : Akiak: "Your God answers?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:21:42 2016] : Akiak: "Oh well, if that's the case then let's go indeed"
[Wed Jun 29 21:22:07 2016] : Hildy: "Indeed"
[Wed Jun 29 21:22:50 2016] : Hildy: "I don't just create the energies that aid our adventures. It all flows from the cleansing power of Domestos"
[Wed Jun 29 21:24:33 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn buys some supplies
[Wed Jun 29 21:24:38 2016] : DM: ooc let me know once you're done shopping and crafting
[Wed Jun 29 21:24:48 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc how long have we got?
[Wed Jun 29 21:24:54 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc in game?
[Wed Jun 29 21:25:01 2016] : DM: ooc as long as you want
[Wed Jun 29 21:25:49 2016] : Akiak: ooc I am not shopping. I shopped at the meet I think.
[Wed Jun 29 21:26:01 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I'd like Hildy to upgrade a few things, but I suppose theres no rush.
[Wed Jun 29 21:26:20 2016] : Akiak: ooc unless we split the 50000?
[Wed Jun 29 21:26:26 2016] : Akiak: ooc then I'm reich or something :P
[Wed Jun 29 21:26:32 2016] : Akiak: ooc *rich
[Wed Jun 29 21:26:50 2016] : Hildy: ooc sure, we'd have split is into 12,500 each
[Wed Jun 29 21:27:23 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc can do that outside game time though
[Wed Jun 29 21:28:34 2016] : Hildy: ooc yes
[Wed Jun 29 21:28:45 2016] : Akiak: ooc ok.
[Wed Jun 29 21:30:10 2016] : DM: Sailing on then?
[Wed Jun 29 21:30:10 2016] : Vaddyn: "So if we're all ready, shall we depart?"
[Wed Jun 29 21:31:00 2016] : Hildy: "Yes, let's go"
[Wed Jun 29 21:32:03 2016] : DM: You board a Koubla-bound cargo barge and are soon sailing slowly upriver.
[Wed Jun 29 21:32:25 2016] : Akiak: ooc I am sailing, I am sailiiiiiiiing
[Wed Jun 29 21:32:46 2016] : DM: After about 2 days you are approaching the old stone jetty of the serpentfolk temple complex when...
[Wed Jun 29 21:32:49 2016] : DM: Perception checks
[Wed Jun 29 21:33:01 2016] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20
[Wed Jun 29 21:33:02 2016] : DM: [1d20(18) + 12] = 30
[Wed Jun 29 21:33:19 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(17) + 16] = 33
[Wed Jun 29 21:34:21 2016] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Jun 29 21:34:32 2016] : Akiak: ooc AGAIN?
[Wed Jun 29 21:34:46 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol. SO MANY REDS.
[Wed Jun 29 21:35:37 2016] : Hildy: ooc and THAT
[Wed Jun 29 21:35:53 2016] : DM: ooc All the As are the rowing crew. C is the captain
[Wed Jun 29 21:36:18 2016] : Akiak: ooc ha!
[Wed Jun 29 21:36:30 2016] : Akiak: ooc omg. I think I liked the little ones better than the big L
[Wed Jun 29 21:36:49 2016] : Hildy: ooc you need some neutral colour minis DM ;-)
[Wed Jun 29 21:37:35 2016] : DM: Akaik, you see something huge rising on through the water up ahead, just off the port bow. The midday sun glints off the shiny metal as the river water cascades from it. A huge toothed metal jaw opens...
[Wed Jun 29 21:37:48 2016] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Jun 29 21:37:52 2016] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25
[Wed Jun 29 21:37:55 2016] : Akiak: "Ahhhhh! There!"
[Wed Jun 29 21:38:00 2016] : Akiak: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 8] = 10
[Wed Jun 29 21:38:05 2016] : DM: [1d20(3) + 8] = 11
[Wed Jun 29 21:38:18 2016] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Jun 29 21:38:56 2016] : Hildy: "Come closer to me and I'll make us all able to air walk, just in case"
[Wed Jun 29 21:39:29 2016] : DM: Akiak, your surprise round
[Wed Jun 29 21:40:24 2016] : Akiak: Akiak readies her bow and not knowing what else to do, just shoots
[Wed Jun 29 21:40:44 2016] : Akiak: Shortbow+1: Attack: [1d20(7) + 16] = 23 - Damage: [1d4(2) + 2] = 4 HP.
[Wed Jun 29 21:40:53 2016] : Akiak: and then disappears.
[Wed Jun 29 21:41:02 2016] : Akiak: ooc or the other way around
[Wed Jun 29 21:41:09 2016] : Akiak: Akiak uses one point of ki - Ki points remaining 7 out of 8
[Wed Jun 29 21:41:31 2016] : Akiak: ooc disappearing first and then shooting.
[Wed Jun 29 21:42:05 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 21:42:28 2016] : DM: Your arrow bounced off the metal.
[Wed Jun 29 21:42:38 2016] : Hildy: Hildy steps closer to Akiak...
[Wed Jun 29 21:43:05 2016] : Hildy: "Akiak, touch me so I know where you are"
[Wed Jun 29 21:43:39 2016] : Hildy: Hildy then readies an action to cast Air Walk (Communal) when Vaddyn comes to us
[Wed Jun 29 21:43:43 2016] : Hildy: Done (for now)
[Wed Jun 29 21:43:51 2016] : Akiak: Akiak touches Hildy
[Wed Jun 29 21:44:08 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 21:44:15 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +3 competence bonus to attack and damage; +3 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Jun 29 21:44:25 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 21:44:27 2016] : Hildy: Air Walk (communal): Level 5 - The subjects can tread on air as if walking on solid ground.; Duration: 110 minutes divided by recipients.
[Wed Jun 29 21:46:04 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The clockwork construct swims closer
[Wed Jun 29 21:46:26 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc knowledge engineering?
[Wed Jun 29 21:46:44 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: It surges out of the water, opens its jaws and blasts forth a powerful jet of scorching steam at Akaik, Hildy and and unfortunate rower behind.
[Wed Jun 29 21:47:46 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Steam Breath: 60 ft line. [12d8(1,7,7,6,7,6,4,2,7,1,1,3)] = 52 fire damage (reflex DC 18 for [52 / 2] = 26)
[Wed Jun 29 21:47:47 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Steam Breath: 60 ft line. [12d8(1,6,8,8,7,7,4,8,2,6,5,5)] = 67 fire damage (reflex DC 18 for [67 / 2] = 33)
[Wed Jun 29 21:47:48 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Steam Breath: 60 ft line. [12d8(2,2,4,8,7,8,1,5,4,7,4,3)] = 55 fire damage (reflex DC 18 for [55 / 2] = 27)
[Wed Jun 29 21:47:53 2016] : Hildy: Reflex: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12
[Wed Jun 29 21:48:09 2016] : Akiak: Reflex: [1d20(13) + 16] = 29
[Wed Jun 29 21:48:15 2016] : Hildy: 67 Damage: Hildy takes 67 damage. [Wed Jun 29 21:48:26 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The rower is killed instantly, the steam blistering and searing his skin.
[Wed Jun 29 21:48:56 2016] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jun 29 21:49:08 2016] : DM: ooc knowledge: arcana for constructs I think
[Wed Jun 29 21:49:22 2016] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jun 29 21:49:31 2016] : Akiak: Akiak moves to the back of the boat.
[Wed Jun 29 21:50:30 2016] : DM: A clockwork leviathan. It has a lethal steam jet breath weapon and favours swallowing smaller creatures whole to grind them it its clockwork belly filled with superheated water.
[Wed Jun 29 21:50:47 2016] : Hildy: ooc Akiak was invisible
[Wed Jun 29 21:50:58 2016] : Akiak: ooc yes, but I was in the line of the thing.
[Wed Jun 29 21:51:08 2016] : Vaddyn: "Spread out, it might try to swallow us whole"
[Wed Jun 29 21:51:20 2016] : DM: It's hard exterior needs adamantine weapons to damage effectively (DR 10/adamantine).
[Wed Jun 29 21:51:30 2016] : Hildy: ooc umm
[Wed Jun 29 21:51:40 2016] : DM: Immune to fire, vulnerable to electricity
[Wed Jun 29 21:52:54 2016] : Akiak: ooc I can't do anything I think...
[Wed Jun 29 21:52:57 2016] : Akiak: 26 Damage: Akiak takes 26 damage. [Wed Jun 29 21:53:24 2016] : Akiak: ooc I have cold iron weapons, but no adamantine
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:22 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc crap, forgot I could do this for hildys save:
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:29 2016] : Vaddyn: Saving Finale (Immediate Action): Level 1 - With a flourish, Vaddyn ends his bardic performance to allow one creature to reroll a failed save
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:38 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 67 HP. [Wed Jun 29 21:54:43 2016] : Hildy: Reflex: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:44 2016] : DM: ooc Akiak, are you done?
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:46 2016] : Hildy: 67 Damage: Hildy takes 67 damage. [Wed Jun 29 21:54:57 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc you had one job!
[Wed Jun 29 21:54:58 2016] : Hildy: ooc thanks anyway ;-)
[Wed Jun 29 21:55:15 2016] : Hildy: Good Fortune: (immediate) You can reroll any one d20 roll that you have just made before [Wed Jun 29 21:55:24 2016] : Hildy: Reflex: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11
[Wed Jun 29 21:55:26 2016] : Akiak: ooc actually, I'm going to walk up and out
[Wed Jun 29 21:55:29 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 21:55:30 2016] : Akiak: ooc not on the boat
[Wed Jun 29 21:55:32 2016] : Hildy: ooc hah
[Wed Jun 29 21:56:17 2016] : Akiak: Akiak tries again with her bow to find a chink in the armor
[Wed Jun 29 21:56:23 2016] : Akiak: Shortbow+1: Attack: [1d20(1) + 16] = 17 - Damage: [1d4(3) + 2] = 5 HP.
[Wed Jun 29 21:56:29 2016] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Jun 29 21:56:36 2016] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jun 29 21:56:40 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 21:57:09 2016] : Hildy: Cure Critical Wounds: Level 4 - Heals [4d8(6,2,8,4) + 11] = 31 HP
[Wed Jun 29 21:57:20 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 31 HP. [Wed Jun 29 21:57:35 2016] : Hildy: Cold Ice Strike: Level 6 - Swift action - a 30 ft long line of ice shards deals [11d6(5,3,1,1,1,3,3,2,2,2,2)] = 25 HP damage. Reflex Save (DC 22) to take 12 damage and avoid being knocked prone.)
[Wed Jun 29 21:58:16 2016] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30
[Wed Jun 29 21:58:59 2016] : Hildy: Hildy puts some distance between himself and the deck (10 ft up)
[Wed Jun 29 21:59:11 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 21:59:12 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 21:59:15 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +3 competence bonus to attack and damage; +3 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Jun 29 21:59:30 2016] : Vaddyn: Haste : Level 3 - 11 creatures within 50 feet are Hasted for 11 rounds. One extra Attack (Full attack only); +1 Attack; +1 Dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
[Wed Jun 29 21:59:38 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:00:27 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The leviathan swims closer, surges up again and blasts another jet of steam at Vaddyn and another rower.
[Wed Jun 29 22:00:52 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Steam Breath: 60 ft line. [12d8(7,3,2,8,5,1,6,2,7,8,8,5)] = 62 fire damage (reflex DC 18 for [62 / 2] = 31)
[Wed Jun 29 22:00:53 2016] : Vaddyn: Reflex: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Jun 29 22:01:08 2016] : Vaddyn: 31 Damage: Vaddyn takes 31 damage. [Wed Jun 29 22:01:10 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Another rower is scalded to death
[Wed Jun 29 22:01:36 2016] : DM: The captain shouts order to turn starboard and row.
[Wed Jun 29 22:02:11 2016] : DM: The crew is panicked and does not comply, opting to cower down.
[Wed Jun 29 22:02:16 2016] : DM: Akaik?
[Wed Jun 29 22:04:15 2016] : Akiak: Akiak takes advantage of her position above the thing to try and see if there are other ways than weapons that might hurt the thing
[Wed Jun 29 22:04:36 2016] : DM: ooc disable device skill check
[Wed Jun 29 22:04:37 2016] : Akiak: ooc getting closer and looking for a valve, something I could break/rturn, whatever
[Wed Jun 29 22:04:48 2016] : DM: ooc excellent idea, btw!
[Wed Jun 29 22:04:57 2016] : Akiak: Disable device: [1d20(2) + 22] = 24
[Wed Jun 29 22:05:02 2016] : Akiak: ooc RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
[Wed Jun 29 22:05:13 2016] : Akiak: ooc yeah, I was a bit at a loss.
[Wed Jun 29 22:05:30 2016] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jun 29 22:06:05 2016] : DM: You spot a value, spewing steam, perhaps this related to the steam jet.
[Wed Jun 29 22:06:26 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 22:06:35 2016] : Hildy: Summon Monster VI: Level 6 - Hildy begins a Summon spell.
[Wed Jun 29 22:06:38 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:06:42 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 22:07:51 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves up taking him out of the line of the rowers
[Wed Jun 29 22:08:20 2016] : Vaddyn: Glitterdust: L2 - Blinds those it lands on and outlines invisible creatures - 10 ft radius, 210 ft range. DC 17 Will save to negate blindness; duration - 11 rounds. SR: No.
[Wed Jun 29 22:08:25 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (24) rounds left today
[Wed Jun 29 22:08:27 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:08:28 2016] : DM: Will: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Jun 29 22:09:34 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The leviathan crashes down on the barge and snaps at one of the rowers, biting her in half.
[Wed Jun 29 22:09:50 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The barge dips below the water briefly, taking on water.
[Wed Jun 29 22:10:50 2016] : DM: The crew are in full panic now and abandon ship, diving into the water and frantical swimming away.
[Wed Jun 29 22:11:04 2016] : DM: The captain shouts curses at his fleeing crew.
[Wed Jun 29 22:11:28 2016] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jun 29 22:12:34 2016] : Akiak: Akiak looks better to see if she can find an angle to attack that particular piece of the monster.
[Wed Jun 29 22:13:06 2016] : Akiak: ooc s/looks better/gets closer
[Wed Jun 29 22:13:32 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(16) + 16] = 32
[Wed Jun 29 22:13:45 2016] : DM: ooc you can make a disable device check to try and damage the valve.
[Wed Jun 29 22:14:04 2016] : Akiak: She then tries to kick it with all her might to damage it
[Wed Jun 29 22:14:06 2016] : Akiak: Disable device: [1d20(5) + 22] = 27
[Wed Jun 29 22:14:48 2016] : DM: The pressure release valve snaps off from the sharp, well-placed kick. There's a sudden blast of steam...
[Wed Jun 29 22:14:51 2016] : DM: Reflex save.
[Wed Jun 29 22:14:58 2016] : Akiak: Reflex: [1d20(15) + 16] = 31
[Wed Jun 29 22:15:46 2016] : DM: You dodge out of the way of the steam explosion. And when the steam clears you see a signficant rupture in the shell of the construct.
[Wed Jun 29 22:15:50 2016] : DM: [5d6(1,5,6,1,3)] = 16 damage.
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:08 2016] : Akiak: ooc I take 16 damage? Or it does?
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:12 2016] : DM: ooc it does
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:15 2016] : Akiak: ooc k.
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:23 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:24 2016] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:42 2016] : Hildy: 1d3: Hildy completes his Summon Monster VI spell - [1d3(1)] = 1 Summon Monster V creatures summoned
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:49 2016] : Hildy: ooc bah
[Wed Jun 29 22:16:54 2016] : Hildy: Bralani Azata: Hildy completes his Summon Monster V spell - Augmented Bralani Azata (AC 20 (T14,FF16), 80 HP (DR 10/Cold Iron or Evil); CMB +14; CMD 28; Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +6; Immune to Electricity and Petrification; Resist Cold & Fire (10); SR 17; Blind-Fight). Lasts for 11 rounds.
[Wed Jun 29 22:17:06 2016] : Hildy: Bralani - Lightning Bolt: Level 3 - A streak of lightning deals [6d6(1,3,5,6,4,2)] = 21 HP damage in a 120 ft line. Reflex save (DC 15) for 10 HP damage.
[Wed Jun 29 22:18:08 2016] : Hildy: Hildy moves closer to everyone else
[Wed Jun 29 22:18:17 2016] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Wed Jun 29 22:18:26 2016] : Dice error: invalid character '.5'
[Wed Jun 29 22:18:44 2016] : DM: The lightning bolt is is effective.
[Wed Jun 29 22:19:07 2016] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [6d6(1,6,2,2,6,2)] = 19 HP healing.
[Wed Jun 29 22:19:16 2016] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 19 HP. [Wed Jun 29 22:19:21 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:19:25 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 22:19:31 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 19 HP. [Wed Jun 29 22:19:54 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes a step back
[Wed Jun 29 22:19:57 2016] : Vaddyn: Good Hope : Level 3 - 11 creatures within 210 feet gain +2 Morale bonus on Attacks, Damage, Saves and Skill checks for 11 minutes. (Attack and Damage stack with Inspire Courage)
[Wed Jun 29 22:20:08 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (23) rounds left today
[Wed Jun 29 22:20:10 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:20:45 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The leviathan opens its jaws and aims at Vaddyn for another jet of steam...
[Wed Jun 29 22:20:47 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc oops, forgot to upgrade my maintain node
[Wed Jun 29 22:21:17 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: ... but there's on a puff of steam, its steam reservior having been irrepairibly damaged by Akaik's attack.
[Wed Jun 29 22:21:59 2016] : DM: The captain rages impotently at his crew and the clockwork.
[Wed Jun 29 22:22:04 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 22:22:18 2016] : Hildy: Bralani - Lightning Bolt: Level 3 - A streak of lightning deals [6d6(6,1,4,4,6,3)] = 24 HP damage in a 120 ft line. Reflex save (DC 15) for 12 HP damage.
[Wed Jun 29 22:22:23 2016] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Jun 29 22:22:46 2016] : Hildy: Moment of greatness: Level 1 - Hildy doubles morale bonuses (e.g. bardsong) in a 50 ft burst for a single roll of the ally's choosing. (duration: 11 minutes)
[Wed Jun 29 22:22:55 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:23:00 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 22:23:31 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+3 competence bonus to attack and damage; +3 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (22) rounds left today
[Wed Jun 29 22:23:37 2016] : Vaddyn: Glitterdust: L2 - Blinds those it lands on and outlines invisible creatures - 10 ft radius, 210 ft range. DC 17 Will save to negate blindness; duration - 11 rounds. SR: No.
[Wed Jun 29 22:23:42 2016] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(1) + 11] = 12
[Wed Jun 29 22:23:49 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:14 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: It dives under the water.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:18 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: Reflex: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:31 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: And shakes off the blindness.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:57 2016] : Akiak: ooc where is the bardsong hidden?
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:06 2016] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:11 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc hidden?
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:15 2016] : Akiak: ooc in the nodes that is
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:16 2016] : DM: Perception check to spot it under the water.
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:18 2016] : Hildy: ooc that should be will shouldn't it DM? +5
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:28 2016] : DM: Will: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:30 2016] : DM: Will: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:50 2016] : DM: Still blind
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:51 2016] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed Jun 29 22:25:58 2016] : Akiak: Akiak tries to see the thing
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:00 2016] : Hildy: ooc so am I ;-)
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:01 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(1) + 16] = 17
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:10 2016] : DM: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:17 2016] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(5) + 10] = 15
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:21 2016] : DM: It's trashing about under the barge
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:44 2016] : Akiak: "Careful! It's under the barge!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:26:59 2016] : Akiak: Akiak readies an arrow, just in case
[Wed Jun 29 22:27:05 2016] : Hildy: ooc Del, what do you mean? I have a toggle that turns it on and off
[Wed Jun 29 22:27:08 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 22:27:09 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc thats a hell of a spot to see it under the barge!
[Wed Jun 29 22:27:37 2016] : DM: ooc it's thrashing about violently and it's huge and only just underneath
[Wed Jun 29 22:28:02 2016] : Hildy: Hildy delays, as does the Bralani
[Wed Jun 29 22:28:18 2016] : Hildy: If it shows up, we'll go
[Wed Jun 29 22:28:22 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:28:42 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 22:29:27 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn backs away
[Wed Jun 29 22:29:37 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+3 competence bonus to attack and damage; +3 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (21) rounds left today
[Wed Jun 29 22:29:55 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:30:52 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: The leviathan attacks the barge, slamming into it and grinding away at the timbers with its jagged underbelly. The barge shudders and creaks -- it's not built for such rough treatment.
[Wed Jun 29 22:31:03 2016] : DM: Akaik?
[Wed Jun 29 22:31:05 2016] : DM: Will: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Jun 29 22:31:13 2016] : DM: ooc also not blind any more
[Wed Jun 29 22:31:59 2016] : DM: Akaik?
[Wed Jun 29 22:32:32 2016] : DM: ooc you can shoot into the water with an extra range increment.
[Wed Jun 29 22:32:50 2016] : Akiak: Shortbow+1: Attack: [1d20(18) + 18] = 36 - Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Wed Jun 29 22:32:57 2016] : DM: Hit, sneak attack
[Wed Jun 29 22:33:12 2016] : DM: Two hits
[Wed Jun 29 22:33:41 2016] : Akiak: Sneak attack: Damage: [5d6(3,2,1,2,5)] = 13 HP
[Wed Jun 29 22:33:42 2016] : Akiak: Sneak attack: Damage: [5d6(6,2,5,4,1)] = 18 HP
[Wed Jun 29 22:33:49 2016] : DM: [7 + 13 - 10] = 10
[Wed Jun 29 22:33:57 2016] : DM: [13 + 18 - 10] = 21
[Wed Jun 29 22:34:07 2016] : Akiak: ooc it would be minus 1 because of range increment, but I guess that works anyway
[Wed Jun 29 22:34:18 2016] : DM: It's looking pretty badly damaged now.
[Wed Jun 29 22:34:20 2016] : Akiak: ooc wait
[Wed Jun 29 22:34:52 2016] : Akiak: [2d6(4,5)] = 9
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:02 2016] : Hildy: ooc you are hasted
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:03 2016] : Akiak: ooc sneak is 6d6
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:31 2016] : DM: Third attack from the haste
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:37 2016] : Akiak: Shortbow+1: Attack: [1d20(6) + 18] = 24 - Damage: [1d4(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:38 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc haste, good hope, Courage
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:42 2016] : DM: Miss
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:50 2016] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jun 29 22:35:56 2016] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 29 22:36:15 2016] : Hildy: ooc +6 to that attack - good hope, + moment of greatness
[Wed Jun 29 22:36:34 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc and +5 damage
[Wed Jun 29 22:36:46 2016] : Hildy: ooc sorry +4
[Wed Jun 29 22:37:44 2016] : Hildy: The Bralani transforms into a shifting vortex [Wed Jun 29 22:38:14 2016] : Hildy: He hovers, waiting to attack
[Wed Jun 29 22:38:33 2016] : Hildy: Sound Burst - Level 2 - Deals [1d8(6)] = 6 sonic damage in a 10 ft radius, 50 ft range. Subjects are stunned unless they pass a Fort save of DC 18; duration - Instantaneous.)
[Wed Jun 29 22:38:45 2016] : DM: Fortitude: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jun 29 22:38:52 2016] : Hildy: Hildy tries to depth charge it
[Wed Jun 29 22:38:55 2016] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:02 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:13 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc still underwater?
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:16 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:40 2016] : Vaddyn: Sound Burst - Level 2 - Deals [1d8(6)] = 6 sonic damage in a 10 ft radius, 50 ft range. Subjects are stunned unless they pass a Fort save of DC 17; duration - 1 round.)
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:45 2016] : DM: Fortitude: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:55 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+3 competence bonus to attack and damage; +3 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (20) rounds left today
[Wed Jun 29 22:39:59 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries Hildys trick
[Wed Jun 29 22:40:03 2016] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 29 22:40:36 2016] : DM: Immune to stun
[Wed Jun 29 22:41:12 2016] : Clockwork Leviathan: It surfaces underneath one of the crew, swallowing him.
[Wed Jun 29 22:41:30 2016] : DM: Readied attacks from Bralani
[Wed Jun 29 22:42:58 2016] : Hildy: Bralani Azata - Whirlwind Blast: Ddealing [3d6(1,4,3)] = 8 HP damage to all in a 20 ft line. DC19 reflex save for 4 HP damage.
[Wed Jun 29 22:43:11 2016] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(18) + 11] = 29
[Wed Jun 29 22:43:28 2016] : Hildy: ooc doesn't touch his SR
[Wed Jun 29 22:43:34 2016] : Hildy: ooc DR
[Wed Jun 29 22:43:59 2016] : DM: The blast rips of some of the damaged plating.
[Wed Jun 29 22:44:30 2016] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jun 29 22:45:08 2016] : Akiak: Akiak moves a bit closer and aims again at the chink in the plating
[Wed Jun 29 22:45:20 2016] : Akiak: Shortbow+1: Attack: [1d20(20) + 18] = 38 - Damage: [1d4(2) + 4] = 6 HP.
Critical hit: [1d20(4) + 18] = 22, Damage: [6 + 1d4(2) + 4] = 12 HP
[Wed Jun 29 22:45:24 2016] : Akiak: Sneak attack: Damage: [6d6(1,5,2,6,3,4)] = 21 HP
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:03 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc dont forget good hope (+2)
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:14 2016] : Akiak: +2 for good hope :)
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:31 2016] : DM: Akiak's arrow hits a critical point and there's a a loud grinding *ker-SPRONG* and the clockwork leviathan falls to pieces. The metal plates and gears sinking swiftly to the bottom of the river.
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:42 2016] : Akiak: ooc \o/
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:45 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc phew!
[Wed Jun 29 22:46:46 2016] : DM: 6400 XP each.
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:13 2016] : Hildy: ooc Yay
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:19 2016] : Akiak: ooc this was insane.
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:24 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc yup
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:26 2016] : DM: As it falls apart and sinks you see the big, black thumping heart of a demon deep within it.
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:32 2016] : Hildy: ooc in a really good way!
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:51 2016] : DM: The crew are still panicked and swimming for shore.
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:54 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn rushes after the remaining sailors to urge them to return
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:55 2016] : Hildy: "Looks like we're headed the right way"
[Wed Jun 29 22:47:56 2016] : Akiak: "Oh no, another one of those. I thought we were rid of them"
[Wed Jun 29 22:48:06 2016] : Akiak: "Indeed it does"
[Wed Jun 29 22:48:19 2016] : Hildy: Hildy helps Vaddyn
[Wed Jun 29 22:48:37 2016] : DM: The crew is rescued and returned to the barge. The captain is unhappy.
[Wed Jun 29 22:48:37 2016] : Hildy: ooc Wow I had time on my hands! My Bralani node turns the scimitar icon red when in whirlwind form and makes the slam and blast ones green... and vice-versa for human form.
[Wed Jun 29 22:48:46 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 22:49:08 2016] : Hildy: The Bralani whirlwind solidifies into humanoid form [Wed Jun 29 22:49:18 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 22:49:29 2016] : captain: "That's the last time I offer passage to your sort! My barge is ruined and many of my crew is dead!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:49:49 2016] : Akiak: "Excuse me? We had nothing to do with this thing!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:49:53 2016] : Vaddyn: "Dont blame us!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:50:05 2016] : captain: "I've brought you to where you wanted to be. Now get off my ship and don't come back!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:50:06 2016] : Akiak: "Without us you might have died"
[Wed Jun 29 22:50:07 2016] : Vaddyn: "I didn't see you or any of the crew stand up to it!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:50:10 2016] : captain: ooc diplomacy check
[Wed Jun 29 22:50:34 2016] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(2) + 19] = 21
[Wed Jun 29 22:51:00 2016] : Akiak: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Jun 29 22:51:10 2016] : Vaddyn: "They all swam for their lives... from a water-bound monster!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:51:13 2016] : Captain: The captain is mollified and accepts that without you there, the barge would most likely be sunk
[Wed Jun 29 22:51:22 2016] : Vaddyn: "You're lucky any of you survived!"
[Wed Jun 29 22:51:40 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I'm wearing out my ! key here
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:12 2016] : Hildy: Hildy heads below and tries to help.
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:14 2016] : Hildy: Mending: Level 0 - Mends [1d4(1)] = 1 points of damage on one object of up to 11 lbs
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:15 2016] : Akiak: ooc à la Facebook !!!!!!!!
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:18 2016] : Hildy: Mending: Level 0 - Mends [1d4(3)] = 3 points of damage on one object of up to 11 lbs
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:27 2016] : Vaddyn: Mending: Level 0 - Mends [1d4(3)] = 3 points of damage on one object of up to 11 lbs
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:27 2016] : Vaddyn: Mending: Level 0 - Mends [1d4(1)] = 1 points of damage on one object of up to 11 lbs
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:32 2016] : Hildy: ooc doesn't work on boats :-)
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:37 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc indeed!!!!!11111
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:40 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:51 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc We're gonna need a bigger boat
[Wed Jun 29 22:52:58 2016] : Captain: Hildy and Vaddyn patches up some of the timbers so it doesn't leak quite so much but there's too much damage to structural timbers to fully repair it with such a minor spell.
[Wed Jun 29 22:53:26 2016] : Hildy: "Give me 10 minutes to pray, captain"
[Wed Jun 29 22:53:39 2016] : DM: The barge limps onwards to Koubla, slowly.
[Wed Jun 29 22:53:56 2016] : Hildy: Hildy calls for a spell from Domestos into a spare slot
[Wed Jun 29 22:54:02 2016] : Hildy: Make Whole: Level 2 - Repairs [5d6(1,5,4,4,2)] = 16 points of damage to an object.
[Wed Jun 29 22:55:06 2016] : DM: It's improved but will still need time in a dry dock to be fully repaired. The captain thinks it should make it to Koubla at least now.
[Wed Jun 29 22:55:44 2016] : Vaddyn: "I suppose we'll be parting company Captain. "
[Wed Jun 29 22:55:47 2016] : Hildy: "OK gang, we should head to this temple"
[Wed Jun 29 22:56:12 2016] : DM: You part on good terms.
[Wed Jun 29 22:57:08 2016] : DM: At the stone embankment you notice a very clear set of deep scratches in the mossy and overgrown stonework, as if a huge metal construct had recently been launched from the shore.
[Wed Jun 29 22:57:16 2016] : Vaddyn: "Hmmm"
[Wed Jun 29 22:57:20 2016] : Hildy: ooc who knew?
[Wed Jun 29 22:57:52 2016] : Hildy: "Well, looks like our aquatic friend came this way"
[Wed Jun 29 22:57:55 2016] : DM: A path, recently trambled and travelled head into the jungle towards the stepped pyramid and the rest of the complex.
[Wed Jun 29 22:58:00 2016] : DM: GAME END