Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jun 22 20:07:59 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jun 22 20:09:04 2016] : DM: You recovered evidence incriminating Lady Basima and presented it to her brother Lord Harrad who had her imprisoned.
[Wed Jun 22 20:10:01 2016] : DM: In the process she released two greater shadows from which youy fled, leaving them to run amok in the castle killing many soldiers before being brought under control by local priests.
[Wed Jun 22 20:10:22 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc oops
[Wed Jun 22 20:10:35 2016] : DM: Afterwards you learned that the Vallinandrineze who had been helping you was a succubus.
[Wed Jun 22 20:11:42 2016] : DM: You decided to return back to Moyamba to continue to investigate and thwart the Institute (and to collect an overdue reward tied up in red tape.
[Wed Jun 22 20:12:23 2016] : DM: You hitch a ride on one of the many river barges sailing downstream to Moyamba.
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:04 2016] : Hildy: Hildy spends some time writing more Lesser Restoration scrolls
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:32 2016] : DM: After a few hours of slowly watching the surrounding jungle drift past as you relax on the deck you hear a yell from the captain's cabin.
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:35 2016] : Hildy: [1d8(5)] = 5
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:48 2016] : Vaddyn: "Whats that?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:52 2016] : Captain: "ARRGHH! A monster! Help!"
[Wed Jun 22 20:13:57 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn rushes to the cabin
[Wed Jun 22 20:14:11 2016] : Hildy: HIldy rushes too
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:17 2016] : Captain: You burst into the cabin to find a quasit perched on the captains table while the captain cowers in the corner.
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:30 2016] : Captain: "A demon!" he screams. "Kill it!"
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:40 2016] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:43 2016] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:46 2016] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 6] = 15
[Wed Jun 22 20:16:54 2016] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Jun 22 20:18:07 2016] : DM: ooc doh, waiting for others...
[Wed Jun 22 20:18:11 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 22 20:18:43 2016] : Quasit: "There you are! Do you know how difficult it is to gate onto a moving vessel?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:18:51 2016] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 22 20:19:23 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves into the room
[Wed Jun 22 20:19:41 2016] : Vaddyn: "Wait, you were looking for us?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:19:52 2016] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Jun 22 20:20:04 2016] : Quasit: "I bring an important message."
[Wed Jun 22 20:20:39 2016] : Vaddyn: "From whom?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:21:29 2016] : Quasit: "Vallinandrineze"
[Wed Jun 22 20:22:19 2016] : Vaddyn: "Captain, perhaps you should vacate your cabin for the moment while we deal with this"
[Wed Jun 22 20:23:01 2016] : Captain Tunstal: "I will not allow you to... to.. converse with demons on my ship!"
[Wed Jun 22 20:23:22 2016] : Captain Tunstal: "I want it gone right now!"
[Wed Jun 22 20:23:42 2016] : Vaddyn: "How long til we reach port?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:24:31 2016] : Captain Tunstal: ooc it's two days away
[Wed Jun 22 20:24:38 2016] : Hildy: ooc how fast does the barge move?
[Wed Jun 22 20:24:48 2016] : Hildy: ooc walking pace##?
[Wed Jun 22 20:24:52 2016] : Captain Tunstal: ooc yes
[Wed Jun 22 20:25:14 2016] : Hildy: Hildy walks into the room after hearing the captain's plea
[Wed Jun 22 20:25:42 2016] : Vaddyn: (To the quasit) "Meet us on the shore"
[Wed Jun 22 20:25:50 2016] : Hildy: "Captain, I have no liking for these things, but unfortunately we have become bound up with them in the pursuit of a pure cause"
[Wed Jun 22 20:26:04 2016] : Hildy: "We shall take our conversation off the ship"
[Wed Jun 22 20:26:11 2016] : Hildy: Air Walk (communal): Level 5 - The subjects can tread on air as if walking on solid ground.; Duration: 110 minutes divided by recipients.
[Wed Jun 22 20:26:22 2016] : Hildy: "Shall we?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:27:03 2016] : Hildy: HIldy walks above deack and walks up into the air above the ship
[Wed Jun 22 20:27:20 2016] : Quasit: The quasit goes invsible and then flies out the cabin to shore.
[Wed Jun 22 20:27:29 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows
[Wed Jun 22 20:28:05 2016] : Hildy: Hildy keeps ascending, ensuring that he remains at pace with the barge
[Wed Jun 22 20:28:20 2016] : DM: You meet on a ancient stone embankment, almost entirely hidden by vines and other jungle plants.
[Wed Jun 22 20:28:35 2016] : Hildy: ooc I'm up, not on the shore
[Wed Jun 22 20:28:40 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I'd been planning on Dimension dooring to the shore
[Wed Jun 22 20:28:52 2016] : Hildy: ooc I'm not losing the barge!
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:07 2016] : DM: Through the tree, a short distance away you can just see the top of a ancient stepped pyramid.
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:15 2016] : DM: ooc you can easily keep up with the barge.
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:18 2016] : Hildy: ooc ah, OK
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:30 2016] : Hildy: "Ooh, what's that?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:40 2016] : DM: The quasit
[Wed Jun 22 20:29:49 2016] : DM: reappears nearby
[Wed Jun 22 20:30:14 2016] : Quasit: "Ancient temple of serpent folk. Or that's what the message says."
[Wed Jun 22 20:32:13 2016] : Vaddyn: "So whats this message?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:33:08 2016] : Quasit: "Serpentfolk possibly colluding with Institute. Recommend investigating outpost at temple site."
[Wed Jun 22 20:34:00 2016] : Vaddyn: "This temple, here?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:34:08 2016] : Quasit: "Yes."
[Wed Jun 22 20:34:56 2016] : Vaddyn: "Its a bit inconvenient. We're still 2 days from port and the barge wont wait"
[Wed Jun 22 20:35:03 2016] : Hildy: Hildy rolls his eyes
[Wed Jun 22 20:35:14 2016] : Quasit: "I'm only messenger."
[Wed Jun 22 20:35:20 2016] : Hildy: "You do realise how manipulative this seems?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:35:58 2016] : Hildy: "Those stupid do-gooders will solve our turf war without us raising a finger"
[Wed Jun 22 20:36:12 2016] : Vaddyn: "Precisely"
[Wed Jun 22 20:36:45 2016] : Quasit: The Quasit shrugs and pops back to its home plane.
[Wed Jun 22 20:37:10 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn sighs and looks skywards
[Wed Jun 22 20:37:52 2016] : Hildy: "Well, what do you think?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:39:32 2016] : Vaddyn: "Well, we know the institute is up to its elbows in this, but I hate the idea of doing those demons bidding just becuase they click their cloven hoofs"
[Wed Jun 22 20:40:36 2016] : Hildy: "Well phrased"
[Wed Jun 22 20:40:47 2016] : Hildy: "We could do worse than to take a look"
[Wed Jun 22 20:41:03 2016] : Hildy: ooc at the adventure the DM has just laid out ;-)
[Wed Jun 22 20:41:18 2016] : Vaddyn: "Ok then. We should tell the Captain. You know how he worries"
[Wed Jun 22 20:41:21 2016] : DM: ooc I have a plan whether you investigate or not
[Wed Jun 22 20:41:55 2016] : Hildy: "Maybe we should go back, then return here?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:42:25 2016] : Vaddyn: "Back to town?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:42:47 2016] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Jun 22 20:43:03 2016] : Hildy: "I think so"
[Wed Jun 22 20:43:27 2016] : Vaddyn: "That would be alot more travelling. We're here now"
[Wed Jun 22 20:44:32 2016] : Vaddyn: "Unless you think we could find more info about this in town"
[Wed Jun 22 20:44:34 2016] : Hildy: ooc kids still awake... Is it mid-summer??
[Wed Jun 22 20:45:17 2016] : Hildy: "I think we should probably report in, then come back"
[Wed Jun 22 20:45:31 2016] : Vaddyn: "Ok then. Back to the barge then"
[Wed Jun 22 20:45:39 2016] : Hildy: "As you say, we may be able to prepare rather than charge straight into who know what"
[Wed Jun 22 20:46:10 2016] : Hildy: "OK, let's go"
[Wed Jun 22 20:46:18 2016] : Hildy: HIldy heads back
[Wed Jun 22 20:46:25 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows
[Wed Jun 22 20:47:13 2016] : DM: You return to the barge and resume your journey.
[Wed Jun 22 20:47:31 2016] : DM: After some two days you arrive in Moyamba docks.
[Wed Jun 22 20:48:12 2016] : DM: The sun is high in the sky and clouds are gathering, heralding an afternoon on heavy thunderstorms.
[Wed Jun 22 20:48:55 2016] : Vaddyn: "Shall we see about our overdue earnings?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:49:02 2016] : Hildy: ooc I can't remember what we were doing! Wasn't Koro on a mission?
[Wed Jun 22 20:49:15 2016] : Hildy: "Yes, let's head over there"
[Wed Jun 22 20:49:36 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I think so
[Wed Jun 22 20:49:37 2016] : DM: Yes. To deliver a message to Lady Basima.
[Wed Jun 22 20:49:47 2016] : DM: And then return with her reply.
[Wed Jun 22 20:50:27 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc will they pay out without Koro?
[Wed Jun 22 20:51:39 2016] : Hildy: ooc we were not party to the job
[Wed Jun 22 20:51:44 2016] : Hildy: ooc we need him
[Wed Jun 22 20:51:45 2016] : DM: The institute has received word of Lady Basima's arrest and mindful of the timing refuse to do any further business with Koro. He is show the door and asked to never return.
[Wed Jun 22 20:52:15 2016] : DM: They are being cautious rather than suspicious.
[Wed Jun 22 20:52:45 2016] : Hildy: "Well, let's see if the red tape has been cut yet"
[Wed Jun 22 20:53:17 2016] : DM: They payment has been approved and you collect your reward.
[Wed Jun 22 20:53:25 2016] : DM: ooc I forget how much it was.
[Wed Jun 22 20:53:47 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc 1 million gp
[Wed Jun 22 20:54:57 2016] : Hildy: ooc err??
[Wed Jun 22 20:55:10 2016] : Clerk: "Do you have form BC-3a?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:01 2016] : Vaddyn: "No, do you?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:31 2016] : Clerk: "Oh dear. I'm afraid you cannot collect your payment unless you present your copy of form BC-3a."
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:32 2016] : Hildy: "Yes, here is our copy"
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:42 2016] : Vaddyn: "Oh"
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:46 2016] : Clerk: "Ah. One moment please."
[Wed Jun 22 20:56:58 2016] : Hildy: "Not to worry Vaddyn, I kept it safe"
[Wed Jun 22 20:57:04 2016] : Clerk: The clerk leaves and returns a few minutes later with a heavy sack of coins.
[Wed Jun 22 20:57:07 2016] : Vaddyn: "That was lucky"
[Wed Jun 22 20:57:48 2016] : Clerk: "There you go. 50,000 gold pieces as stated. Please sign here... and here..." she says, pointing to form BC-6d.
[Wed Jun 22 20:58:51 2016] : Vaddyn: "More forms" (sigh)
[Wed Jun 22 20:59:06 2016] : Hildy: "Do we all need to sign?"
[Wed Jun 22 20:59:32 2016] : Clerk: "No, only one recipient's signature is required."
[Wed Jun 22 20:59:50 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn signs the damn form with a flourish
[Wed Jun 22 21:00:50 2016] : DM: GAME END