Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 30 20:02:09 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 30 20:03:42 2016] : DM: You haev arrived in Koubla. After handing in your weapons at the harbour master's office you received permits permitting access to the town. Some of you concealed small weapons and smuggled them past the guards at the guard tower.
[Wed Mar 30 20:04:31 2016] : DM: You climbed the winding path and entered the town through Cliff Gate. You are standing in the market square busy with stall keepers and customers and well-diciplined armed patrols.
[Wed Mar 30 20:05:33 2016] : DM: You are here to deliver a message to Lady Basima who, as the sister of the ruler, Lord Harrad, is an important political figure.
[Wed Mar 30 20:05:44 2016] : DM: She can be found in her apartments in the castle.
[Wed Mar 30 20:07:34 2016] : Vaddyn: "May as well get rid of this letter as soon as possible"
[Wed Mar 30 20:08:55 2016] : Koro: "I agree."
[Wed Mar 30 20:09:17 2016] : Akiak: "Yes, then we can enjoy the city"
[Wed Mar 30 20:10:06 2016] : Vaddyn: "Bit of sightseeing while we are here"
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:00 2016] : DM: Merchants leading pack ponies and mules push past you.
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:12 2016] : Koro: "We do not want to be the messengers who are punished for the message, though."
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:29 2016] : Koro: "I suggest we identify our route out, should we need one."
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:28 2016] : Hildy: "As I stated yesterday, I can make us walk on air"
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:35 2016] : Vaddyn: "Well not all of us are the real messengers"
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:47 2016] : Hildy: "If someone can make us invisible, we should be sorted"
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:58 2016] : Vaddyn: "Should we all turn up together? May be suspicious if word got back"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:53 2016] : Vaddyn: "I can handle invisibilty, but only one at a time"
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:08 2016] : Hildy: "Is word likely to get back?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:29 2016] : Vaddyn: "I have no idea, Hildy. Just thinking of our options and risks"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:14 2016] : Akiak: "The question is whether it gets back faster than we do"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:30 2016] : Akiak: Akiak grins
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:54 2016] : Koro: "I think I should go in alone. You will need to give me a way of communicating, perhaps."
[Wed Mar 30 20:19:51 2016] : Hildy: ooc here's a walkie talkie!
[Wed Mar 30 20:20:35 2016] : Vaddyn: "The rest of us could pose as hired bodyguards"
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:23 2016] : Hildy: "That sounds plausible"
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:30 2016] : Koro: "That would work. I would quite enjoy giving orders, for once, if only for show."
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:49 2016] : Vaddyn: "Bodyguards, not servants!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:53 2016] : Hildy: ooc I know that there's a 'walkie talkie' type spell, but I can't remember it
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:59 2016] : Vaddyn: Message: Level 0 - Message: You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies from 10 creatures for 100 minutes
[Wed Mar 30 20:22:13 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc only medium range though
[Wed Mar 30 20:22:33 2016] : Koro: "Bodyguards still take orders. I would order nothing demeaning."
[Wed Mar 30 20:23:00 2016] : Vaddyn: "Oh you can order it, but dont expect me to obey"
[Wed Mar 30 20:23:04 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grins
[Wed Mar 30 20:23:55 2016] : Koro: "Shall we proceed? I suggest your spell, gentlemen, would work well in case we are separated."
[Wed Mar 30 20:24:36 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn actually casts it this time and describes its function to the others
[Wed Mar 30 20:25:28 2016] : Koro: "This is helpful. It is good to know I have friends at hand."
[Wed Mar 30 20:25:36 2016] : Koro: ooc I'm ready - is everyone else?
[Wed Mar 30 20:26:00 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc lead on
[Wed Mar 30 20:26:11 2016] : Hildy: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 30 20:26:19 2016] : Akiak: ooc ready
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:33 2016] : Koro: Koro follows the directions to Lady Basouma's house
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:45 2016] : Koro: ooc Basima - not bad
[Wed Mar 30 20:28:28 2016] : DM: The guards at the castle gates stop you.
[Wed Mar 30 20:28:39 2016] : Guard: "What's your business in the castle?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:28:52 2016] : Koro: "Good morning. I bear a message for personal delivery to the Lady Basima."
[Wed Mar 30 20:29:37 2016] : Guard: "Very well, you may present it to her secretary in her apartments in the 3rd floor."
[Wed Mar 30 20:29:45 2016] : Guard: The guard steps aside.
[Wed Mar 30 20:30:31 2016] : DM: Inside the castle ward, soldiers are drilling and training. A smith is shoeing some horses and other castle staff bustle about.
[Wed Mar 30 20:30:44 2016] : DM: The door to the central keep stands open.
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:41 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows Koro, watching warily
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:59 2016] : Vaddyn: brb
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:59 2016] : Koro: Koro strides confidently, trusting his bodyguards to keep him safe.
[Wed Mar 30 20:33:26 2016] : DM: The great hall is nearly empty. A few soldiers eating a late breakfast while a few staff sweep and clean.
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:00 2016] : Koro: "Will you direct me to Lady Basima's secretary, please?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:00 2016] : DM: You climb the stairs to the third floor where you are greated by an efficient secretary.
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:16 2016] : DM: "Please state your business with Lady Basima," she says.
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:20 2016] : Koro: Koro walks up to the nearest servant, and speaks confidently but politely
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:35 2016] : Secretary: ooc or we can do that first
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:59 2016] : Koro: ooc I'm happy to assume we just get there.
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:16 2016] : Koro: "I have a message for personal delivery. I come from "...
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:25 2016] : Koro: ooc what's the name of the capital city again? Moyamba?
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:30 2016] : Secretary: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:12 2016] : Secretary: "Please wait here a moment."
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:33 2016] : Secretary: She disappears into one of the rooms and you hear a brief muffled conversation.
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:05 2016] : Secretary: She returns and holds the door open. "She will see you now."
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:12 2016] : Koro: "Thank you."
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:19 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:30 2016] : Koro: Koro gathers his "guards" with a wave, and steps into the room.
[Wed Mar 30 20:38:51 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn walks in after Koro and scans the room
[Wed Mar 30 20:38:57 2016] : Hildy: Hildy is swept
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:07 2016] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:17 2016] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:18 2016] : Koro: ooc what do we know about Lady B?
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:24 2016] : Secretary: The room is austere and seated behind a large wooden desk is Lady Basima. Her hair tied in a bun and looking severe.
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:34 2016] : Koro: ooc I know we opened the letter, and it was a grovelling apology for losing the golem
[Wed Mar 30 20:40:15 2016] : Secretary: She looks to be around 30 to 40. She dressed in a military uniform.
[Wed Mar 30 20:40:53 2016] : Koro: Koro inclines his head lightly in respect, then holds out the letter in his right hand.
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:05 2016] : Koro: "I bring a message for you, my Lady."
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:25 2016] : Secretary: ooc It is common knowledge that Lady Basima's primary responsibilities are the logisitics of running the castle and town -- keeping the army equiped and fed etc.
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:02 2016] : Basima: She takes the letter and opens it, reading the brief contents. She frowns slightly.
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:34 2016] : Basima: She waves at the secretary who leaves.
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:53 2016] : Basima: "Do you speak with the authority of the Institute?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:43:49 2016] : Koro: "I am simply a messenger, my Lady, and have no knowledge of their dealings with you. I am trusted to deliver the message intact, however."
[Wed Mar 30 20:44:06 2016] : Koro: "I was to bring a crate to you, but the contents were damaged."
[Wed Mar 30 20:45:10 2016] : Basima: She frowns.
[Wed Mar 30 20:45:36 2016] : Basima: She writes a brief reply and seals it handing it to Koro.
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:11 2016] : Basima: "You will deliver this reply with your greatest speed and discretion I trust."
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:28 2016] : Koro: "Do you have any further instructions?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:45 2016] : Basima: "No, you are dismissed."
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:54 2016] : Koro: "A good day to you, then."
[Wed Mar 30 20:47:30 2016] : Koro: "Come, all."
[Wed Mar 30 20:47:39 2016] : Basima: As you turn to leave she asks: "Wait. Are you well armed?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:48:02 2016] : Koro: "We are not currently armed, given our permits, but all of us are competent."
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:45 2016] : Basima: "I have a task for a well armed group of discrete individuals. If you are interested, we meet in the old brewhouse in Brewery Lane at 10 o'clock in the evening."
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:51 2016] : Akiak: Akiak takes her time to look around the room as well
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:06 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(12) + 15] = 27
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:09 2016] : Koro: "Then I expect I shall see you there."
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:18 2016] : Koro: Koro leaves.
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:36 2016] : Hildy: HIldy follows
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:49 2016] : Koro: ooc brb - drink
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:56 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn also follows
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:04 2016] : Akiak: Akiak whispers
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:16 2016] : Akiak: "How do we get our weapons back?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:52:00 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good question"
[Wed Mar 30 20:53:16 2016] : DM: In the great hall, there's a map of the great hall laid out on one of the tables. Two people are discussing the costs of repairs while pointing at areas on it.
[Wed Mar 30 20:53:44 2016] : DM: ooc can everyone see the map?
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:03 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc the city map? yes
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:37 2016] : Koro: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 30 20:55:06 2016] : Akiak: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 30 20:55:53 2016] : DM: ooc you can consult the map for possible routes in.
[Wed Mar 30 20:56:20 2016] : Hildy: ooc I see a map of the city
[Wed Mar 30 20:56:35 2016] : Koro: "Where do the catacombs live?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:56:40 2016] : Koro: ooc lead. Not live.
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:31 2016] : Hildy: ooc I'm a bit confused...
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:33 2016] : DM: ooc who are you asking?
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:38 2016] : Hildy: ooc routes into where
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:47 2016] : Hildy: ooc ?
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:51 2016] : Koro: ooc I think the objective is to get our weapons into the city
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:56 2016] : Koro: ooc but I'm not sure.
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:57 2016] : DM: ooc to smuggle your weapons
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:03 2016] : DM: ooc if you want
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:18 2016] : Koro: ooc "would you deny an old man his staff?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:22 2016] : Hildy: ooc ah, I already have mine. They only have my MW battleaxe
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:22 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc Ahh, so leave and sneak back in
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:51 2016] : Hildy: ooc actually it's +1, but I don't really use it
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:53 2016] : Akiak: ooc why should we nsneak them in? Surely she could give us a permit?
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:29 2016] : Koro: ooc we didn't ask. I think we may wish to return to her.
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:49 2016] : Akiak: ooc when I was whispering, I was thinking we were still with her
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:49 2016] : Koro: ooc presumably we're actually discussing this IN character, quietly in a corner.
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:51 2016] : Akiak: ooc :D
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:04 2016] : Koro: "We should ask for a permit."
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:10 2016] : Akiak: "Yes, we should"
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:17 2016] : Koro: Koro returns to Lady Basima's apartments.
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:25 2016] : Akiak: "I was trying to look all servanty there, but I thought you would"
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:20 2016] : DM: Basima refuses, saying issuing an official permit would hardly be the level of discretion the job requires.
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:26 2016] : Koro: ooc :-p
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:36 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:37 2016] : DM: You can try a diplomacy roll to convince her otherwise.
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:50 2016] : Koro: "Is the job inside the city or outside? If outside, we will not need to trouble you."
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:11 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I had assumed Koro went back to see her on his own
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:25 2016] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, perhaps you can convince her?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:25 2016] : Koro: ooc I did
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:30 2016] : Hildy: ooc I hadn't assumed that
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:37 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc ok
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:39 2016] : Basima: "The job is with the town walls."
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:07 2016] : Hildy: ooc it's only Vaddyn without a weapon
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:14 2016] : Koro: "Then a permit would most definitely be of value to us. Is there perhaps someone else who can issue one?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:16 2016] : Koro: Diplomacy: [1d20(19) + 0] = 19
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:21 2016] : Vaddyn: "M'lady you did after all specify a well armed group. "
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:43 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc I dont really need one that much
[Wed Mar 30 21:05:16 2016] : Basima: "The Merchants Guild can provide permits."
[Wed Mar 30 21:05:34 2016] : Koro: "Then we shall speak to them, unless you feel they should be avoided."
[Wed Mar 30 21:05:45 2016] : Basima: "Very well."
[Wed Mar 30 21:06:35 2016] : Koro: Koro leads the way out again, and discusses the matter with his friends.
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:00 2016] : Koro: "So, do you wish to approach the Guild? I have little expectation that they will offer one simply."
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:12 2016] : Akiak: "Oh well"
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:16 2016] : Akiak: ooc what time is it?
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:22 2016] : Basima: Morning
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:34 2016] : Akiak: "We have all day to smuggle our weapon in if we really want to. Or buy new ones"
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:36 2016] : Vaddyn: "How badly do we need our weapons? I should be able to do without unless all goes wrong"
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:49 2016] : Akiak: "I have one also"
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:18 2016] : DM: ooc You'll need a permit to buy weapons
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:33 2016] : Koro: ooc Damn this city!
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:47 2016] : Koro: "As you know, material weapons are not a great concern to me."
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:19 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc would they have taken my whip?
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:38 2016] : DM: ooc No
[Wed Mar 30 21:10:02 2016] : Akiak: ooc lol @ permit
[Wed Mar 30 21:10:18 2016] : Akiak: "I don't need to go back"
[Wed Mar 30 21:10:42 2016] : Koro: "Then, I think, we are ready to proceed."
[Wed Mar 30 21:10:51 2016] : Vaddyn: "I say we just go as we are. Koro has his first, and I have my whip should it be required"
[Wed Mar 30 21:11:45 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc *fists
[Wed Mar 30 21:12:10 2016] : Hildy: "I have a concealed dagger, that protects me. I rarely use a weapon to fight"
[Wed Mar 30 21:13:34 2016] : DM: ooc Ok. Any plans until 10 o'clock this evening?
[Wed Mar 30 21:14:11 2016] : Vaddyn: "Shall we just take in the sights until this evening?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:14:25 2016] : Koro: "It would be good to learn the layout of the city."
[Wed Mar 30 21:14:37 2016] : Akiak: "Yes, that is a good idea"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:04 2016] : Akiak: Akiak spends the day wandering around the city, trying to find good places to hide, run, jump
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:05 2016] : Vaddyn: "Especially any escape routes"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:27 2016] : Akiak: "Yes"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:41 2016] : Hildy: HIldy searches for some good places to gain concealment
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:07 2016] : DM: All the gates are well guarded by well-disciplined guards. There are regular patrols.
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:11 2016] : Akiak: Akiak also spends as much time as she can (lunch, wandering at the market) listening to conversations, trying to learn anything more about the Lady Basima
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:33 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:41 2016] : Akiak: Knowledge Local: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:50 2016] : Akiak: ooc not sure what to roll
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:04 2016] : Koro: ooc Diplomacy if you're asking questions
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:42 2016] : DM: There are a number of alleyways and small courtyards squeezed between the old buildings of the town.
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:43 2016] : Akiak: ooc no I'm not.
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:23 2016] : DM: Lady Basima is highly regarded by the soldiers and watch officers as she keeps them well equiped and supplied.
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:27 2016] : Koro: "It is interesting to see what this objective is."
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:45 2016] : Koro: ooc also, when are we going to open up this personal correspondence?
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:48 2016] : Koro: ooc :)
[Wed Mar 30 21:20:02 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc surely outside the city
[Wed Mar 30 21:21:45 2016] : Koro: ooc agreed. I'm ready for the evening :)
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:40 2016] : Vaddyn: Message: Level 0 - Message: You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies from 10 creatures for 100 minutes
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:47 2016] : Vaddyn: "Just in case"
[Wed Mar 30 21:25:04 2016] : DM: Ok. At 10 o'clock of arrive outside a disused brewhouse in Brewery Lane.
[Wed Mar 30 21:25:14 2016] : DM: GAME END