Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 16 21:00:00 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 16 21:00:58 2016] : DM: You are on your way to Koubla on a river barge. You just defeated a attack by an anaconda and a snakefolk wizard riding a metal bird
[Wed Mar 16 21:01:13 2016] : DM: Your journey continues.
[Wed Mar 16 21:01:44 2016] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [5d6(1,4,3,2,3)] = 13 HP healing.
[Wed Mar 16 21:01:50 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 13 HP. [Wed Mar 16 21:01:54 2016] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [5d6(5,5,4,4,1)] = 19 HP healing.
[Wed Mar 16 21:01:54 2016] : DM: As the journey draws to a close you see the great cliffs ahead, the crenalated walls of the small city silhouetted against the sky.
[Wed Mar 16 21:01:59 2016] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 19 HP. [Wed Mar 16 21:02:15 2016] : DM: The river tumbles of a great waterwall, the distant roar of which can be heard.
[Wed Mar 16 21:03:00 2016] : DM: It's dusk by the time the barge draws into the docks on the edge of the lake at the base of the falls.
[Wed Mar 16 21:03:52 2016] : DM: The city down here is all warehouses and small shops and guest houses catering to the river boat crews.
[Wed Mar 16 21:04:04 2016] : Koro: "So do we deliver our letter tonight, or wait for the morning?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:04:20 2016] : DM: You see a narrow path zig-zagging up the steep cliff-side to the city above.
[Wed Mar 16 21:04:52 2016] : Akiak: ooc what time is it?
[Wed Mar 16 21:04:57 2016] : DM: A carriage creaks up the inline on a pulley and wire system to the Koubla fortress.
[Wed Mar 16 21:04:59 2016] : DM: Dusk
[Wed Mar 16 21:05:46 2016] : DM: Across the river you see a small stone jetty leading to a ornate stone entrance set into the cliff.
[Wed Mar 16 21:06:21 2016] : DM: The crew point this out as the entrace to the extensive catacombs tunnelled for miles into the cliff and under the city.
[Wed Mar 16 21:07:30 2016] : DM: You disemark onto the dockside, and the crew begin unloading their cargo
[Wed Mar 16 21:07:33 2016] : DM: What now?
[Wed Mar 16 21:08:09 2016] : Koro: ooc just checking, we're here to deliver a letter to Lady ...?, who was supposed to receive a clockwork soldier.
[Wed Mar 16 21:08:10 2016] : Koro: ooc it was the clockwork soldier with the demon heart, that we accidentally broke.
[Wed Mar 16 21:08:19 2016] : Koro: ooc is that correct?
[Wed Mar 16 21:08:35 2016] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 16 21:09:03 2016] : Koro: "Do we wish to find a room overnight, or wait until the morning?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:09:39 2016] : Akiak: "A room would be good"
[Wed Mar 16 21:10:17 2016] : Hildy: "Sure, let's rest for tonight"
[Wed Mar 16 21:13:08 2016] : DM: There are various shabby looking guest houses along the waterfront and a rough looking Inn called the Undercliff Inn situated at the base of the cliff.
[Wed Mar 16 21:13:09 2016] : Koro: "There must be an inn near the dock."
[Wed Mar 16 21:13:12 2016] : Hildy: Hildy looks for a reasonable looking guest house
[Wed Mar 16 21:13:34 2016] : Koro: "I do not care about its quality, too much. We are likely dangerous enough not to be robbed."
[Wed Mar 16 21:14:48 2016] : DM: Down a side street a reasonable looking guest house with rooms available.
[Wed Mar 16 21:16:16 2016] : Hildy: Hildy settles into the house and asks about food and drink
[Wed Mar 16 21:16:49 2016] : Koro: Koro stretches out his muscles after the time on the boat
[Wed Mar 16 21:17:06 2016] : DM: The Undercliff Inn is mentioned but there are also numerous street vendors of assorted foods along the docks.
[Wed Mar 16 21:18:30 2016] : Koro: "Street food will suffice for me. The Undercliff did not look worth the difficulty."
[Wed Mar 16 21:19:20 2016] : Hildy: "Agreed. Let's get something to eat, then retire"
[Wed Mar 16 21:19:28 2016] : Akiak: "Sounds good"
[Wed Mar 16 21:20:49 2016] : DM: After an eventful night you awake to a misty dawn.
[Wed Mar 16 21:21:45 2016] : DM: The docks are already busy with workers loading and unloading cargo. Tying boxes and bundles onto the backs of lines of donkeys and mules for the climb up the cliff.
[Wed Mar 16 21:23:11 2016] : DM: What next?
[Wed Mar 16 21:23:33 2016] : Koro: "Do we deliver our letter directly? It may, at least, affect our future plans here."
[Wed Mar 16 21:23:43 2016] : Akiak: Akiak works aout a bit and takes a hearty breakfast
[Wed Mar 16 21:23:51 2016] : Akiak: "Not sure."
[Wed Mar 16 21:24:33 2016] : DM: ooc The letter is for Lady Basima.
[Wed Mar 16 21:24:46 2016] : Koro: "We have no other contacts here, or objectives."
[Wed Mar 16 21:24:50 2016] : Hildy: "I guess we need to find out where she resides"
[Wed Mar 16 21:25:08 2016] : Koro: "Perhaps asking for directions, and something of a character background, would be wise."
[Wed Mar 16 21:25:12 2016] : Hildy: HIldy looks for a friendly looking temple
[Wed Mar 16 21:25:14 2016] : Hildy: HP Status 86 out of 86.
[Wed Mar 16 21:25:50 2016] : DM: There are no temples in this part of the city
[Wed Mar 16 21:27:19 2016] : DM: The way up the cliff is guarded by a squard of disiplined and professional looking soldiers. They are carefully checking the paperwork of everyone going up.
[Wed Mar 16 21:27:53 2016] : Koro: "We should, I think, learn more about this. I believe you do not have the appropriate paperwork."
[Wed Mar 16 21:27:55 2016] : DM: The cable lift is similarly guarded and it seems on the most important people and goods get to use it.
[Wed Mar 16 21:29:59 2016] : Koro: "Do we talk our way past, sneak our way past, or try to find some papers?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:31:14 2016] : Koro: Koro leads the way to the Undercliff Inn
[Wed Mar 16 21:31:34 2016] : Koro: ... and orders a drink
[Wed Mar 16 21:31:37 2016] : Akiak: ooc ?
[Wed Mar 16 21:31:57 2016] : DM: The Inn is quiet at this time of day.
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:07 2016] : Hildy: "We can just air walk up there"
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:31 2016] : Koro: "That would be one option."
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:35 2016] : Hildy: "That doesn't preclude archers or boiling pitch"
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:37 2016] : Barkeep: "You trying to get into the city?" (the bar keep asks with idle curiosity)
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:45 2016] : Koro: ooc trying to interact with some NPCs since it was so quiet ;-)
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:46 2016] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 16 21:32:55 2016] : Koro: "That wouldn't be a bad thing."
[Wed Mar 16 21:33:23 2016] : Akiak: "It seems heavily guarded, and people are showing passes. Who gets in and out?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:33:54 2016] : Barkeep: "Need a merchant pass or a visa. They like their security up there."
[Wed Mar 16 21:34:03 2016] : Akiak: "Why is that?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:34:15 2016] : Barkeep: He shrugs
[Wed Mar 16 21:34:39 2016] : Koro: "I think why is not our question. I think we should ask who can provide us with a pass."
[Wed Mar 16 21:36:28 2016] : Barkeep: "The merchants guild provides the passes. The visas you gotta apply for those. Fill out a form at the harbour master's office."
[Wed Mar 16 21:36:46 2016] : Koro: "Forms. It is always paperwork."
[Wed Mar 16 21:36:49 2016] : Koro: "I thank you."
[Wed Mar 16 21:37:09 2016] : Koro: Koro leaves a tip for the barman, and sets off.
[Wed Mar 16 21:37:22 2016] : Hildy: "OK then"
[Wed Mar 16 21:38:49 2016] : Koro: "The merchants or the visa?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:39:03 2016] : Barkeep: The guild house is in the upper city.
[Wed Mar 16 21:39:26 2016] : Koro: ooc so that makes that easier!
[Wed Mar 16 21:39:33 2016] : Koro: "To the harbourmaster!"
[Wed Mar 16 21:39:53 2016] : Akiak: "Yes, I guess that's our option"
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:06 2016] : DM: You are required to fill out forms with the names, occupation and purpose of visit.
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:16 2016] : DM: What do you fill in?
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:28 2016] : Koro: ooc hmm... to lie or not to lie.
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:41 2016] : Koro: Name: Koro.
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:49 2016] : Koro: Occupation: Confidential Courier.
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:58 2016] : Akiak: Name: Akiak Somethingorother
[Wed Mar 16 21:41:59 2016] : Koro: Purpose of Visit: Delivery.
[Wed Mar 16 21:42:06 2016] : Akiak: ooc rofl
[Wed Mar 16 21:42:14 2016] : Akiak: ooc how confidential is that ;)
[Wed Mar 16 21:42:40 2016] : Akiak: Occupation: Handywoman, delivery gal
[Wed Mar 16 21:43:01 2016] : Akiak: Purpose of visit: Accompanying delivery
[Wed Mar 16 21:43:04 2016] : Hildy: Hildy Landstom, Purveyor of holy water, seeking new customers
[Wed Mar 16 21:45:18 2016] : DM: The form also asks if you have: "spied for the enemy", "transported contraband", or "are a member of a prohibited organization".
[Wed Mar 16 21:45:35 2016] : Hildy: ooc yes, yes and yes
[Wed Mar 16 21:45:39 2016] : DM: The clerk advises you to check "No" for all these questions.
[Wed Mar 16 21:45:46 2016] : Hildy: Hildy does so
[Wed Mar 16 21:45:53 2016] : Koro: Koro follows the advice
[Wed Mar 16 21:46:09 2016] : Akiak: ooc it's the United States of...
[Wed Mar 16 21:46:32 2016] : DM: The visa application will take 1 day to process and you should return the following day.
[Wed Mar 16 21:46:37 2016] : Akiak: Akiak checks no everywhere
[Wed Mar 16 21:47:48 2016] : DM: ooc skip ahead?
[Wed Mar 16 21:47:51 2016] : Koro: yes
[Wed Mar 16 21:48:00 2016] : Hildy: Yes
[Wed Mar 16 21:49:04 2016] : DM: The following day your return to the office. The clerk informs you that the visa applications are successful but on condition that as you are unaffiliated with an approved mercenary company that all weapons and armour must be left behind.
[Wed Mar 16 21:49:41 2016] : Clerk: "They rules are there for the security and safety of the citizens of Koubla. I'm afraid they cannot be altered."
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:07 2016] : Koro: "I will leave behind what I have."
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:16 2016] : Koro: Koro hands over his two daggers
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:21 2016] : Akiak: "Hm. So mercenaries can come here too? And they have the right then to carry their weapons?"
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:37 2016] : Akiak: "Good, I'll leave my weapons here"
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:40 2016] : Clerk: "If they are members of an approved company, yes."
[Wed Mar 16 21:50:51 2016] : Clerk: ooc stealth check to conceal any weapons
[Wed Mar 16 21:51:26 2016] : Akiak: Akiak leaves her bow and one of her wakizashis.
[Wed Mar 16 21:51:58 2016] : Akiak: and tries to keep another one stashed away under her traveling gear
[Wed Mar 16 21:52:09 2016] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 23] = 37
[Wed Mar 16 21:52:46 2016] : Hildy: Hildy hands over his battleaxe, but hides his defending dagger
[Wed Mar 16 21:52:51 2016] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(15) + 26] = 41
[Wed Mar 16 21:53:10 2016] : Clerk: You are handed receipts for your items.
[Wed Mar 16 21:54:01 2016] : Hildy: ooc not that I've ever stabbed anything with it anyway!
[Wed Mar 16 21:54:42 2016] : Clerk: Paperwork in hand you head to the checkpoint and the path up the cliff.
[Wed Mar 16 21:55:07 2016] : DM: The soldiers check the paperwork, give you a brief search and wave you on.
[Wed Mar 16 21:56:09 2016] : DM: The climb up is step and long and after about an hour you reach the top, passing through the outer wall you enter a busy market place in the square outside the fortress.
[Wed Mar 16 21:56:22 2016] : DM: GAME END