Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jan 27 19:46:25 2016] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jan 27 19:47:56 2016] : DM: You rested after defeating the clockworks and restoring the remaining 3 seals. Hildy has just performed the Hallow ritual and you're ready to leav.
[Wed Jan 27 19:48:12 2016] : DM: When...
[Wed Jan 27 19:48:33 2016] : DM: There's a crackle of energy and 4 people appear in the room.
[Wed Jan 27 19:48:39 2016] : DM: Spellcraft check.
[Wed Jan 27 19:48:47 2016] : Hildy: Spellcraft: [1d20(2) + 19] = 21
[Wed Jan 27 19:48:53 2016] : Vaddyn: Spellcraft: [1d20(2) + 8] = 10
[Wed Jan 27 19:50:33 2016] : Koro: ooc not rolling as I'm untrained
[Wed Jan 27 19:51:38 2016] : Akiak: ooc same here.
[Wed Jan 27 19:51:53 2016] : DM: Two of the figures are wearing the official dress of the the Ministry for the Protection of Magical Antiquities
[Wed Jan 27 19:52:06 2016] : DM: The other two are armored guards in similar livery.
[Wed Jan 27 19:53:19 2016] : Koro: "Oh, how good to see you!"
[Wed Jan 27 19:53:34 2016] : Laurita Flavia: "You there! State your business immediately! This area is restricted by the Ministry for the Protection of Magical Antiquites!"
[Wed Jan 27 19:54:13 2016] : Vaddyn: "I think we were saving lots of lives. I think"
[Wed Jan 27 19:54:33 2016] : Hildy: Hildy gets out the team's warrant to secure the demon
[Wed Jan 27 19:54:35 2016] : Laurita Flavia: (to her companion) "Valerioo, Check the status of the seals immediatley"
[Wed Jan 27 19:54:58 2016] : Laurita Flavia: ooc Valerio
[Wed Jan 27 19:54:59 2016] : Hildy: "We're here performing a service for the region"
[Wed Jan 27 19:55:02 2016] : Vaddyn: "The seals, at least the ones that are left are ok... now"
[Wed Jan 27 19:55:12 2016] : Laurita Flavia: "Hmmpf" (she checks over the permit)
[Wed Jan 27 19:55:51 2016] : Laurita Flavia: "The permit appears to be valid."
[Wed Jan 27 19:56:26 2016] : Valerio: "Three of the seals are broken beyond restoration. These amatuers must have bungled the task."
[Wed Jan 27 19:56:54 2016] : Koro: "They were destroyed by an enemy; some clockwork automata. You can see the debris there."
[Wed Jan 27 19:57:08 2016] : Koro: Koro points to the impressively-smashed clockwork soldiers
[Wed Jan 27 19:57:19 2016] : Laurita: She inspects the wreckage
[Wed Jan 27 19:57:41 2016] : Vaddyn: "Its not all there, mind. We threw some of through the portal to disrupt it"
[Wed Jan 27 19:57:43 2016] : Hildy: "What exactly was your plan in our absence, given that this is essentially a bounty mission?"
[Wed Jan 27 19:57:44 2016] : Laurita: "These are new contructions. How did they get here?"
[Wed Jan 27 19:58:17 2016] : Laurita: "A portal, you say? Opened by who?"
[Wed Jan 27 19:58:24 2016] : Hildy: "If we had not arrived, coincidentally at the same time as the destructive machines, your seals woulf be gone now"
[Wed Jan 27 19:58:35 2016] : Akiak: "No idea."
[Wed Jan 27 19:58:47 2016] : Vaddyn: "We're not sure, but they wore symbols suggesting they were servants of..."
[Wed Jan 27 19:58:54 2016] : Laurita: ooc Kariborn
[Wed Jan 27 19:59:04 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc ty
[Wed Jan 27 19:59:22 2016] : Vaddyn: "ah, now let me see... hmmm.... Kariborn"
[Wed Jan 27 19:59:36 2016] : Vaddyn: "Does that name mean anythign to you?"
[Wed Jan 27 19:59:45 2016] : Laurita: "Kariborn? I do not believe you. They are a well respected institution back in Moyamba."
[Wed Jan 27 20:00:41 2016] : Vaddyn: "Well its up to you what you beleive, but we know what we saw"
[Wed Jan 27 20:00:42 2016] : Koro: "Whether you believe it or not, it is still true."
[Wed Jan 27 20:00:42 2016] : Laurita: "They contribute generously to the Ministry."
[Wed Jan 27 20:00:52 2016] : Koro: Koro folds his arms and looks unimpressed.
[Wed Jan 27 20:01:23 2016] : Vaddyn: "There was a minion who was maintaining the portal, and a Master who was summoning mechanical reinforcements when we disrupted them"
[Wed Jan 27 20:01:45 2016] : Hildy: "I'm sure that helps to keep you from auditing their activities"
[Wed Jan 27 20:02:28 2016] : Laurita: She frowns.
[Wed Jan 27 20:02:32 2016] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps a little searching around their offices might turn up some more debris like this"
[Wed Jan 27 20:03:10 2016] : Hildy: "Or some of the projectiles we threw through the portal to close it"
[Wed Jan 27 20:03:29 2016] : Laurita: "Your suggestion has been duly noted and will be incorporated into a full investigation into this incident."
[Wed Jan 27 20:04:36 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good to hear. We have protected the area as best we could, however the other seals should be repaired as soon as possible"
[Wed Jan 27 20:05:17 2016] : Laurita: "Three seals are sufficient to ensure safely. I suppose we are greatful for your timely assistance."
[Wed Jan 27 20:05:37 2016] : Laurita: She returns your permit
[Wed Jan 27 20:05:41 2016] : Vaddyn: (bows) "You are welcome"
[Wed Jan 27 20:05:47 2016] : Hildy: "You're a day late by the way"
[Wed Jan 27 20:06:08 2016] : Laurita: "This area is now retricted to Ministry personel only. You should leave."
[Wed Jan 27 20:06:09 2016] : Hildy: "We're only still here as I have hallowed and dimensional anchored this room"
[Wed Jan 27 20:06:30 2016] : Hildy: "You'll need to walk down the corridor to teleport out"
[Wed Jan 27 20:06:55 2016] : Laurita: "Very well, I suppose that was a sensible precaution."
[Wed Jan 27 20:07:17 2016] : Akiak: ooc she's getting on my nerves. :D
[Wed Jan 27 20:08:00 2016] : Laurita: "Hmmm. I guess you're not the usual sort of wannabe adventurers the MInistry usually gives out permits to."
[Wed Jan 27 20:08:12 2016] : Vaddyn: "Indeed. Now if you dont mind we'll be leaving as requested"
[Wed Jan 27 20:08:13 2016] : Hildy: "I'm assuming that we can rely on you as witness when we claim the bounty"
[Wed Jan 27 20:08:20 2016] : Koro: "Might you teleport us back to the City as well, please? This would save us time, and allow us to be more efficient."
[Wed Jan 27 20:09:42 2016] : Laurita: "Valario, would you teleport them back to the Ministry? I suppose they have been helpful."
[Wed Jan 27 20:09:53 2016] : Vaddyn: "Very kind of you"
[Wed Jan 27 20:10:43 2016] : Koro: "Indeed. Our horses will be grateful of the rest, also."
[Wed Jan 27 20:11:18 2016] : Valerio: Valerio heads up the stairs to the next room to prepare the teleportation.
[Wed Jan 27 20:11:35 2016] : Vaddyn: "Oh yes we should collect the horses"
[Wed Jan 27 20:11:41 2016] : Hildy: "I'm not sure that they plan on taking our horses"
[Wed Jan 27 20:11:52 2016] : Valerio: "Apologies for calling you amatures earlier. Laurita is correct is saying you're not the usual sort we deal with."
[Wed Jan 27 20:12:18 2016] : Hildy: "Perhaps we should collect our gear from them and let the horses go?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:12:23 2016] : Akiak: "No harm done. Apologies accepted"
[Wed Jan 27 20:12:54 2016] : Valerio: "I shall pass on your concerns about the Kariborn Institute but I the upper brass will quash any investigation I'm afraid."
[Wed Jan 27 20:13:21 2016] : Koro: "Perhaps an unofficial investigation, of which you can deny knowledge, would be more appropriate."
[Wed Jan 27 20:13:21 2016] : Vaddyn: "Sadly, that doesn't surprise me"
[Wed Jan 27 20:13:27 2016] : Hildy: "Thanks for the change of mind. Not many people will admit that their initial analysis was wrong."
[Wed Jan 27 20:15:07 2016] : Hildy: ooc are they taking our horses?
[Wed Jan 27 20:15:49 2016] : Valerio: "I'm afraid I cannot teleport your horses."
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:03 2016] : Hildy: Hildy goes to set his horse free, and packs its livery, barding and saddlebags in the handy haversack.
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:10 2016] : Akiak: "Then we'll let them free"
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:24 2016] : Akiak: Akiak does the same
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:27 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good idea Hildy. I hope they fair well"
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:38 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn does likewise
[Wed Jan 27 20:16:57 2016] : Hildy: ooc what's the life expectancy of a domesticated war trained horse in savannah/jungle? ;-)
[Wed Jan 27 20:17:32 2016] : Valerio: "I shall relay a message for the local garrison to collect your horses and ship them back to Moyamba."
[Wed Jan 27 20:17:41 2016] : Akiak: "Not sure about them faring well, but for now, it's farewell"
[Wed Jan 27 20:18:05 2016] : Akiak: "Oh you can do that? Thanks a bunch. You're quite a decent chap Valerio"
[Wed Jan 27 20:18:11 2016] : Vaddyn: "That would be appreciated Valerio"
[Wed Jan 27 20:18:27 2016] : Valerio: "Ready?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:18:48 2016] : Koro: "I am ready."
[Wed Jan 27 20:19:03 2016] : Vaddyn: "Hit it"
[Wed Jan 27 20:19:08 2016] : Akiak: "Yep"
[Wed Jan 27 20:19:32 2016] : Hildy: "yes"
[Wed Jan 27 20:20:21 2016] : Valerio: Valerio casts the spell and moments later you arrive back in Moyamba, in the courtyard of the Ministry."
[Wed Jan 27 20:21:20 2016] : Koro: "Ah, it is good to be back in civilisation."
[Wed Jan 27 20:22:27 2016] : Valerio: "I must attend to other matters, but if you need any assistance try and get word to me via my office."
[Wed Jan 27 20:22:32 2016] : Valerio: "Farewell"
[Wed Jan 27 20:22:42 2016] : Vaddyn: "Thank you Valerio. Farewell"
[Wed Jan 27 20:23:05 2016] : Hildy: "Thanks"
[Wed Jan 27 20:23:49 2016] : Vaddyn: "Now, lets see if we can get that bounty"
[Wed Jan 27 20:24:27 2016] : Valerio: ooc can anyone remember what it was worth?
[Wed Jan 27 20:24:42 2016] : Akiak: ooc millions, surely
[Wed Jan 27 20:24:49 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc oodles at least
[Wed Jan 27 20:24:54 2016] : Koro: ooc yep. Millions, and a load of XP too.
[Wed Jan 27 20:24:54 2016] : Valerio: ooc hmmm
[Wed Jan 27 20:25:01 2016] : Hildy: ooc Nope, I don't think it was that much though
[Wed Jan 27 20:25:06 2016] : Akiak: ooc oh and free gear
[Wed Jan 27 20:25:14 2016] : Koro: ooc I think it was actually around 10k GP
[Wed Jan 27 20:27:14 2016] : Valerio: ooc looking through logs
[Wed Jan 27 20:27:44 2016] : Valerio: ooc 50k gold
[Wed Jan 27 20:28:01 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to get his bearings and heads off hopefully in the direction of the Ministry
[Wed Jan 27 20:28:20 2016] : Valerio: You're in the central courtyard, there are signs to the finance office.
[Wed Jan 27 20:28:31 2016] : Vaddyn: "Ah ha!"
[Wed Jan 27 20:29:10 2016] : Hildy: ooc I just found that too :-)
[Wed Jan 27 20:29:32 2016] : Hildy: ooc August 26th. I was worried it might have been at the meet
[Wed Jan 27 20:30:04 2016] : Akiak: [1d100(39)] = 39
[Wed Jan 27 20:30:16 2016] : Akiak: ooc sorry, wrong mouse click
[Wed Jan 27 20:30:36 2016] : Akiak: ooc 50k? That's pretty good!
[Wed Jan 27 20:30:52 2016] : Accoutant: (A bored looking cllerks looks up as you enter the finance office)
[Wed Jan 27 20:30:55 2016] : Accoutant: "What?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:31:23 2016] : Vaddyn: "Good day, we are here to collect the bounty"
[Wed Jan 27 20:31:36 2016] : Hildy: "Hmm, I think you may have mistaken us for street urchins"
[Wed Jan 27 20:31:57 2016] : Accoutant: "You have form BC-2b?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:32:10 2016] : Vaddyn: "I have no idea"
[Wed Jan 27 20:32:16 2016] : Hildy: ooc is that from Paranoia?
[Wed Jan 27 20:32:35 2016] : Koro: "We are willing to complete the form. More importantly, we have witnesses."
[Wed Jan 27 20:33:06 2016] : Accountant: "He hands a piece of paper over. Fill in this form get it signed by an official of the Ministry authorizing the payment."
[Wed Jan 27 20:33:21 2016] : Vaddyn: "Ok."
[Wed Jan 27 20:33:35 2016] : Hildy: Hildy looks at it, mystified by beaurocracy
[Wed Jan 27 20:33:42 2016] : Vaddyn: "Looks like we need to take Valerio up on his offer of assistance right away"
[Wed Jan 27 20:33:49 2016] : Akiak: "Yes"
[Wed Jan 27 20:34:37 2016] : Vaddyn: "Excuse me, we are looking for the office of a cerain Valerio. Could you point us in the right direction?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:34:49 2016] : Vaddyn: (to the accountant)
[Wed Jan 27 20:35:03 2016] : Accountant: You are directed to his office.
[Wed Jan 27 20:35:29 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn approaches the office door and knocks
[Wed Jan 27 20:35:34 2016] : Valerio: "Oh form BC-2b I see, I forgot about that. I'll gladly sign it."
[Wed Jan 27 20:35:45 2016] : Vaddyn: "Great. Thanks again."
[Wed Jan 27 20:36:07 2016] : Akiak: "Thank you Valerio. You definitely are the decent chap"
[Wed Jan 27 20:36:09 2016] : Vaddyn: "The beaurocracy in this place is staggering"
[Wed Jan 27 20:36:11 2016] : Valerio: Valerio fills in the details and signs the form. Authorizing the payment of 50,000 gold pieces.
[Wed Jan 27 20:36:19 2016] : Vaddyn: "I'm stunned anything ever gets done"
[Wed Jan 27 20:36:39 2016] : Akiak: "Maybe it doesn,'t, and that's how this whole mess with the seals came to be"
[Wed Jan 27 20:37:00 2016] : Valerio: "It will come at no surprise that it took a message from the monitoring department 2 days to reach me office."
[Wed Jan 27 20:37:34 2016] : Vaddyn: "It would be funny were it not so serious a matter"
[Wed Jan 27 20:37:42 2016] : Akiak: "Ever considered the adventurnig life Valerio? I'm pretty sure you'd have a lot of fun"
[Wed Jan 27 20:38:04 2016] : Akiak: ooc adventurning might bhave been an interesting word ;)
[Wed Jan 27 20:38:28 2016] : Valerio: "A bit too risky for me, I think."
[Wed Jan 27 20:38:56 2016] : Akiak: "it all depends on the company, you know"
[Wed Jan 27 20:39:02 2016] : Akiak: Akiak smiles
[Wed Jan 27 20:39:14 2016] : Akiak: "If you have time at some point, I'll buy you a beer"
[Wed Jan 27 20:39:39 2016] : Valerio: "I would be glad to, when my duties permit."
[Wed Jan 27 20:40:09 2016] : Hildy: ooc flirting!
[Wed Jan 27 20:40:36 2016] : Akiak: ooc I feel for the guy, he has to work with this Laurita harpy"
[Wed Jan 27 20:40:40 2016] : Akiak: ooc :P
[Wed Jan 27 20:41:21 2016] : Valerio: ooc back to the accountant?
[Wed Jan 27 20:41:38 2016] : Vaddyn: "Well, best get on. Bye again"
[Wed Jan 27 20:41:54 2016] : Hildy: Hildy observes the silver-tongued ninja girl
[Wed Jan 27 20:42:01 2016] : Vaddyn: "I bet theres another form to fill in"
[Wed Jan 27 20:42:05 2016] : Hildy: "Yes, let's go"
[Wed Jan 27 20:42:25 2016] : Vaddyn: "Here you go. Form form BC-2b completed and signed"
[Wed Jan 27 20:43:22 2016] : Accountant: He takes the form and retreats to an adjacent office..
[Wed Jan 27 20:43:32 2016] : Accountant: ...time passes...
[Wed Jan 27 20:43:40 2016] : Accountant: ...the minutes tick away...
[Wed Jan 27 20:43:56 2016] : Hildy: "Has he absconded with our reward?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:21 2016] : Hildy: "I suppose it's a lot of gold to carry, whether he has or not!"
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:24 2016] : Vaddyn: "Not without filling out another form"
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:25 2016] : Akiak: "Who knows?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:37 2016] : Akiak: Akiak laughs
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:40 2016] : Akiak: "Yeah"
[Wed Jan 27 20:44:58 2016] : Accountant: After about 10 munites he returns...
[Wed Jan 27 20:45:12 2016] : Accountant: ... with another form: BC-3a all filled out.
[Wed Jan 27 20:45:38 2016] : Accountant: "Allow 10 to 15 working days for your claim to be processed and return with your copy of form BC-3a."
[Wed Jan 27 20:45:46 2016] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn is suffering from equal parts amusement and frustration
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:04 2016] : Vaddyn: "10 to 15 days????"
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:06 2016] : Hildy: "Huh?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:06 2016] : Koro: "Thank you. We shall not starve in the meanwhile."
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:29 2016] : Akiak: "Or shall we?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:36 2016] : Hildy: Hildy is from the mountainous wilds, and not used to beaurocracy
[Wed Jan 27 20:46:44 2016] : Accountant: "I don't make the rules."
[Wed Jan 27 20:47:37 2016] : Vaddyn: "Everyone claims that, but someone must"
[Wed Jan 27 20:47:53 2016] : Accountant: *shrug*
[Wed Jan 27 20:48:30 2016] : Accountant: ooc what next?
[Wed Jan 27 20:49:02 2016] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 27 20:49:07 2016] : Koro: "I suggest we investigate the saboteurs. At least then we are being productive."
[Wed Jan 27 20:49:28 2016] : Vaddyn: "Lets go get an ale and some lodgings while we consider out options"
[Wed Jan 27 20:50:09 2016] : Accountant: You return to the Silver Boot.
[Wed Jan 27 20:51:57 2016] : Hildy: Hildy relaxes in the inn
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:00 2016] : Akiak: "We could take a week holidays"
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:03 2016] : Akiak: "Or two"
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:07 2016] : Vaddyn: "or three"
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:25 2016] : Akiak: Akiak takes a nap, refreshes and goes down.
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:44 2016] : Akiak: She actively listens to conversation, hoping for Valerio to show up
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:52 2016] : Vaddyn: "So the first question is - do we stay in town and wait, or leave and come back?"
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:57 2016] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:58 2016] : Koro: "I would rather find something to do. I do not take well to idleness."
[Wed Jan 27 20:52:58 2016] : Akiak: Sense Motive: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16
[Wed Jan 27 20:53:07 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc hehe
[Wed Jan 27 20:53:32 2016] : Akiak: ooc trying to understand who does what, what the whole deal might be with Kariborn"
[Wed Jan 27 20:54:20 2016] : Vaddyn: "Do we want to mess with this Kariborn? Someone so high up in the ministry could cause a lot of problems for us"
[Wed Jan 27 20:54:29 2016] : DM: "The Kariborn Institute doesn't come up in the conversations at the inn, which are mostly about trade."
[Wed Jan 27 20:54:54 2016] : Koro: "I think it would be good to speak to our friends at the University. They may know what is relevant."
[Wed Jan 27 20:55:01 2016] : Koro: ooc I'm thinking of Artur here :-)
[Wed Jan 27 20:55:20 2016] : Koro: ooc of course I should have said "your friends"...
[Wed Jan 27 20:55:44 2016] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 27 20:56:43 2016] : DM: ooc Think I'll wrap it up here.
[Wed Jan 27 20:56:46 2016] : Hildy: "Hmm, Artur hasn't been there for long, but he may be able to help us"
[Wed Jan 27 20:56:46 2016] : DM: GAME END