Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Dec 2 20:22:16 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Dec 2 20:22:49 2015] : DM: You defeasted a ship of river pirates, freed the enslaved rowers and sent them on their way with the pirate captain chained to the oars.
[Wed Dec 2 20:23:18 2015] : DM: You continue eastwards until you reach a military outpost at the base of the volcano.
[Wed Dec 2 20:24:02 2015] : Hildy: ooc rested, or same day?
[Wed Dec 2 20:24:31 2015] : DM: The captain of the Black Gull stops only long enough to let you and your horses disembark and then he continues his journey east.
[Wed Dec 2 20:25:16 2015] : DM: It's late and the sun is setting. The only inn, the "Leech and Swamp" does not look very inviting.
[Wed Dec 2 20:25:30 2015] : Hildy: "Cheery name!"
[Wed Dec 2 20:25:40 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn eyes up the Inn
[Wed Dec 2 20:25:53 2015] : Vaddyn: "Beats the ground I suppose"
[Wed Dec 2 20:26:49 2015] : Koro: "There is too much water around here."
[Wed Dec 2 20:27:37 2015] : DM: ooc same day
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:11 2015] : Hildy: "To be honest, after a few days doing basically nothing on the boat, I'm not tired"
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:28 2015] : Hildy: "Shall we continue to drier ground?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:28 2015] : Akiak: "A badly named inn is better than no Inn at all?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:34 2015] : Akiak: "Maybe..."
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:43 2015] : Koro: "Likewise. Shall we set off?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:28:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "I dont fancy going for a walk around here in the dark"
[Wed Dec 2 20:29:17 2015] : Akiak: "I don't either, although the idea of dry ground does sound tempting"
[Wed Dec 2 20:30:08 2015] : Vaddyn: "May as well have a look inside. It might be lovely"
[Wed Dec 2 20:30:10 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn walks up and goes through the door
[Wed Dec 2 20:31:46 2015] : Hildy: Hildy shrugs, ties up his horse and follows Vaddyn.
[Wed Dec 2 20:31:57 2015] : DM: The inn is mostly empty, a handful of bored, off-duty soldiers are drinking. The furnuture and decor are really shabby and the place smells of sweat and rust and mold.
[Wed Dec 2 20:32:40 2015] : DM: The innkeep in a wipes his hands on his filthy apron. "Whatcha want?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:33:04 2015] : Vaddyn: (muttering) "Or maybe it wont"
[Wed Dec 2 20:33:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "Have you any rooms?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:34:02 2015] : DM: "Aye, a silver piece a night per person."
[Wed Dec 2 20:34:12 2015] : DM: "Pay up front."
[Wed Dec 2 20:34:47 2015] : DM: He jabs a thumb towards a crooked stair case winding its way upstairs.
[Wed Dec 2 20:36:08 2015] : Akiak: Akiak looks at her companions
[Wed Dec 2 20:36:10 2015] : Vaddyn: (to the others) "What do you think?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:36:33 2015] : Akiak: "Not sure, to be honest. Or rather, because it does not reek of honesty"
[Wed Dec 2 20:37:49 2015] : Vaddyn: "Sure whats the worst that can happen?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:37:55 2015] : Koro (enter): 20:37
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:01 2015] : Koro: Booting '(10) Koro' from server...
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:02 2015] : Koro (exit): 20:38
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:12 2015] : Akiak: "That we don't sleep because we need to keep an eye open?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:14 2015] : Koro: ooc hopefully this will be more stable
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:19 2015] : Hildy: "Can't we do better outside?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:38:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lead on, Hildy"
[Wed Dec 2 20:40:02 2015] : Hildy: ooc what's the ground like outside?
[Wed Dec 2 20:40:41 2015] : DM: The outpost built on wooden pots sunk into the muddy bank of the river.
[Wed Dec 2 20:41:25 2015] : DM: There are duckboards between buildings but its still very muddy.
[Wed Dec 2 20:42:06 2015] : Hildy: ooc does it look any firmer further on?
[Wed Dec 2 20:42:49 2015] : DM: Outside the wooden pallisade the ground slopes upwards toward the volcano.
[Wed Dec 2 20:43:11 2015] : DM: The slopes of the volcano are heavily forested with only a few paths cut through the jungle.
[Wed Dec 2 20:43:20 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 2 20:43:58 2015] : Hildy: "OK, anyone good at looking for places to camp?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:44:08 2015] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Dec 2 20:44:18 2015] : Hildy: ooc me, apparently
[Wed Dec 2 20:44:50 2015] : Hildy: HIldy scans the area looking for the best direction to head to look for a good camping place
[Wed Dec 2 20:45:15 2015] : DM: You reckon uphill is the best direction to look, anything will be too swampy.
[Wed Dec 2 20:46:14 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:12 2015] : Hildy: Hildy leads his horse uphill for a way until the ground stops being swampy
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:36 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks around
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:38 2015] : Vaddyn: Survival: [1d20(10) + -1] = 9
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:44 2015] : Vaddyn: "Is this ok?"
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:47 2015] : Hildy: Once the ground is dry, Hildy looks for a good spot to throw his bedroll
[Wed Dec 2 20:47:54 2015] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Dec 2 20:48:16 2015] : DM: A large tree has fallen by the path, leaving a dry clearing.
[Wed Dec 2 20:48:46 2015] : Akiak: "Well at least there's sky above us"
[Wed Dec 2 20:49:02 2015] : Akiak: Akiak prepares her bedroll as well
[Wed Dec 2 20:49:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "We can tie the horses to the tree"
[Wed Dec 2 20:49:20 2015] : Akiak: "UI guess we'd need to keep an eye on things though. I'll take any shift
[Wed Dec 2 20:49:43 2015] : Hildy: "I don't think tents are needed in these climes unless the rain gets torrential"
[Wed Dec 2 20:49:57 2015] : Hildy: "I'll take first shift"
[Wed Dec 2 20:50:08 2015] : Koro: "And I the second."
[Wed Dec 2 20:50:22 2015] : Vaddyn: "I'll go last"
[Wed Dec 2 20:51:22 2015] : Akiak: "I'll take the one in between"
[Wed Dec 2 20:51:27 2015] : Akiak: ooc whichever one that is. )
[Wed Dec 2 20:51:45 2015] : DM: The night passes uneventfully
[Wed Dec 2 20:52:15 2015] : DM: Going up the volcano?
[Wed Dec 2 20:52:39 2015] : Koro: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 2 20:52:41 2015] : Akiak: ooc I guess.
[Wed Dec 2 20:53:20 2015] : Hildy: Hildy says his morning prayers.
[Wed Dec 2 20:53:20 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Its why we're here :)
[Wed Dec 2 20:53:31 2015] : Hildy: Rest: Regain 10 HP. [Wed Dec 2 20:53:39 2015] : Vaddyn: Rest: Regain 10 HP. [Wed Dec 2 20:53:48 2015] : Koro: Rest: Regain 10 HP. [Wed Dec 2 20:53:49 2015] : DM: You continue along the path, climbing steadily upwards. The trees begin to thin out and eventually stop. The ground a broken field of volcanic rocks and ash.
[Wed Dec 2 20:54:05 2015] : Hildy: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 HP
[Wed Dec 2 20:54:06 2015] : Hildy: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP
[Wed Dec 2 20:54:12 2015] : DM: A patrol stops you and then lets you pass having inspected your (forged) permits.
[Wed Dec 2 20:54:13 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I think some back dated healing would#ve taken place
[Wed Dec 2 20:54:25 2015] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 11 HP. [Wed Dec 2 20:54:52 2015] : Hildy: ooc I had loads of spells available for healing
[Wed Dec 2 20:55:20 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I had a few CLW available
[Wed Dec 2 20:56:39 2015] : DM: It takes all day to reach the caldera. The air is acrid and sulphourous and peering into the crater you seen the pool of magma far below. The molten rocks slowly bubbling as gasses escape.
[Wed Dec 2 20:57:16 2015] : DM: The wizard's laboratory is just a short distance away.
[Wed Dec 2 20:57:33 2015] : Koro: ooc I've forgotten all about the lab... sorry!
[Wed Dec 2 20:57:53 2015] : Hildy: ooc me too
[Wed Dec 2 20:57:54 2015] : DM: The squat tower of black basalt blocks is half ruin. Heavy blocks of stone block the entrace way.
[Wed Dec 2 20:58:40 2015] : DM: ooc there's a demon sealed in the lowest layer. You have the information necessary to renew the seals.
[Wed Dec 2 20:58:42 2015] : Hildy: ooc how much stone?
[Wed Dec 2 20:59:08 2015] : Koro: "This is a beautiful building, really. Sturdy and unadorned; it has a clear purpose."
[Wed Dec 2 20:59:10 2015] : DM: ooc around 20 tons of stones.
[Wed Dec 2 20:59:46 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, I could use magic to move some of this, maybe form an archway"
[Wed Dec 2 20:59:53 2015] : Hildy: "Let me see"
[Wed Dec 2 20:59:57 2015] : DM: The bulk of the laboratory is below the tower. You see windows and balconies opening out into the crater.
[Wed Dec 2 21:00:04 2015] : Vaddyn: "So whats the basic plan?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:00:53 2015] : Hildy: Hildy touches the stone, concentrating on shaping the stone that's in the way into a 5 ft high tunnel
[Wed Dec 2 21:01:01 2015] : Hildy: Stone Shape: Level 3 - Hildy forms a piece of stone into another shape (up to 20 cubic feet)
[Wed Dec 2 21:01:05 2015] : Koro: "I think, from what you have told me, that we enter the laboratory and seal the demon back into it. Of course, the alternative is to destroy the demon permanently."
[Wed Dec 2 21:02:02 2015] : Akiak: "Can we really do that?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:02:06 2015] : DM: Shaping the bedrock the tower is bult on?
[Wed Dec 2 21:02:14 2015] : Akiak: "I mean, I wouldn't know how."
[Wed Dec 2 21:03:01 2015] : Hildy: ooc I assumed that there was a door
[Wed Dec 2 21:03:17 2015] : Hildy: ooc I may have misunderstood
[Wed Dec 2 21:03:35 2015] : Hildy: ooc entranceway
[Wed Dec 2 21:04:17 2015] : DM: Half the tower has collapsed and is blocking the entraceway and the stairway down to the next level. Its all individual blocks.
[Wed Dec 2 21:04:53 2015] : Koro: ooc climb down the outside?
[Wed Dec 2 21:05:34 2015] : Hildy: ooc that being the case I'll save the spell
[Wed Dec 2 21:06:06 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hildy, could you summon some kind of beast to move the stone?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:06:11 2015] : Hildy: Hildy assesses the situation, and realises he can't resolve it
[Wed Dec 2 21:06:45 2015] : Hildy: "Nothing intelligent enough to understand, yet be strong enough to move these blocks"
[Wed Dec 2 21:07:11 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hmm, looks like we'll need to find another way in"
[Wed Dec 2 21:07:24 2015] : Hildy: ooc I don't have any idea about the scale of the problem DM
[Wed Dec 2 21:07:36 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves up to examine the stones
[Wed Dec 2 21:07:53 2015] : Akiak: "Let me go and take a look around. I'll try to be brief and go unnoticed."
[Wed Dec 2 21:08:13 2015] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(11) + 23] = 34
[Wed Dec 2 21:08:16 2015] : DM: Each block is a cubic foot and there's 100s of them blocking the way.
[Wed Dec 2 21:08:38 2015] : Akiak: Akiak goes around the building trying to spot another entrance
[Wed Dec 2 21:08:41 2015] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(18) + 15] = 33
[Wed Dec 2 21:08:50 2015] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 2 21:10:09 2015] : Hildy: ooc I have the real fire burning an we have coal :-)
[Wed Dec 2 21:10:14 2015] : DM: There's no one else around and the only other entrances are those opening out into the crater balconies on each level.
[Wed Dec 2 21:10:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "Find anything Akiak?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:11:17 2015] : Koro: ooc how heavy is a single block going to be? Hmm. 27000 cm3 blocks, 3gcm-3 density, => <90kg per block>
[Wed Dec 2 21:11:27 2015] : Koro: ooc how heavy is a single block going to be? Hmm. 27000 cm3 blocks, 3gcm-3 density, => less than 90kg per block
[Wed Dec 2 21:11:41 2015] : Akiak: "Doesn't look that there is any other way in"
[Wed Dec 2 21:11:55 2015] : Akiak: "Except through the crater"
[Wed Dec 2 21:12:01 2015] : Akiak: "Which does not sound very safe to me"
[Wed Dec 2 21:12:05 2015] : Koro: Koro tests the weight of one of the blocks, and lifts it aside
[Wed Dec 2 21:12:13 2015] : Koro: "If you guard me, I can clear these in time."
[Wed Dec 2 21:12:19 2015] : Vaddyn: "The whole area isn't excatly safe"
[Wed Dec 2 21:12:39 2015] : Hildy: ooc I lifted paving slabs with a greater volume than 1ft^3 and I probably have a strength of about 12 ;-)
[Wed Dec 2 21:13:29 2015] : Akiak: "Can we help you?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:13:33 2015] : Vaddyn: "Shall we just get lifting then?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:13:37 2015] : Akiak: "I have this feeling that we'd just hinder you"
[Wed Dec 2 21:13:40 2015] : Akiak: "Somehow"
[Wed Dec 2 21:13:54 2015] : Hildy: Medium Earth Elemental: Hildy completes his Summon Monster IV spell - Augmented Medium Earth Elemental (AC 18; HP 42; CMD 20, CMB +11; Fort +9, Ref +0, Will +4; Speed 20, plus burrow 20) lasts for 10 rounds
[Wed Dec 2 21:14:30 2015] : Hildy: HIldy instructs it in Terran to help move blocks to make a way into the entrance
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:08 2015] : Hildy: Hildy stands back and encourages the elemental to work hard for his minute of service
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:17 2015] : Koro (enter): 21:15
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:26 2015] : Koro: Booting '(11) Koro' from server...
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:27 2015] : Koro (exit): 21:15
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:42 2015] : Koro: ooc I haven't seen anything since my last line - was there a reply? (sorry :-( )
[Wed Dec 2 21:15:48 2015] : Hildy: ooc I have an earth elemental moving stuff for 1 minute
[Wed Dec 2 21:16:01 2015] : DM: The elemental can move around 1 block every 3 seconds. 20 blocks are cleared away.
[Wed Dec 2 21:17:00 2015] : Koro: Koro is also clearing blocks
[Wed Dec 2 21:17:21 2015] : Hildy: Small Earth Elemental: Hildy completes his Summon Monster II spell - Augmented Small Earth Elemental (AC 17; HP 15; CMD 15; speed 20, plus burrow 20) lasts for 10 rounds
[Wed Dec 2 21:17:53 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn starts shifting blocks
[Wed Dec 2 21:18:29 2015] : Hildy: Hildy instructs the smaller elemental, then helps
[Wed Dec 2 21:18:36 2015] : DM: After about 15 minutes work you clear enough blocks to reach the staircase leading down.
[Wed Dec 2 21:18:51 2015] : DM: The sun is just starting to set.
[Wed Dec 2 21:19:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "Phew. Lets get inside"
[Wed Dec 2 21:19:47 2015] : Hildy: ooc if it's tropical, that's probably only 7pm or so
[Wed Dec 2 21:20:00 2015] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 2 21:20:36 2015] : Hildy: "Agreed"
[Wed Dec 2 21:20:54 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks for somewhere to leave his horse
[Wed Dec 2 21:21:32 2015] : Hildy: Hildy hobbles it, for want of anything better to do then heads in
[Wed Dec 2 21:21:48 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn does likewise
[Wed Dec 2 21:21:55 2015] : Akiak: ooc hobbles?
[Wed Dec 2 21:22:33 2015] : DM: ooc tie the legs losely together so the horse can't run
[Wed Dec 2 21:23:25 2015] : Akiak: ooc thx
[Wed Dec 2 21:23:53 2015] : DM: You decend the black staircase into the entrace hall.
[Wed Dec 2 21:24:11 2015] : Vaddyn: Dancing Lights: Level 0 - Creates up to four lights, all within a 10-ft. radius area, within 150ft of the caster
[Wed Dec 2 21:24:17 2015] : Hildy: ooc it can also mean a more permanent cutting of the achilles, but not generally when referring to horses ;-)
[Wed Dec 2 21:24:57 2015] : DM: The tiles are cracked and warped, the colours faded and blackened with soot.
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:05 2015] : Koro: "This looks like there was a fire here.2
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:14 2015] : DM: The large windows onto the balcony and thick and discoloured with a metallic sheen. The double doors onto the balcony are metal and heavy with rust.
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:19 2015] : Hildy: Hildy lights a stone so that he can see where he's treading better
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:22 2015] : Hildy: Light: Level 0 - Causes a touched object to glow like a torch for 100 minutes
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:23 2015] : Koro: "Is there any current danger? Traps, magic or monsters?"
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:26 2015] : Koro: Perception: [1d20(12) + 14] = 26
[Wed Dec 2 21:26:46 2015] : Hildy: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed Dec 2 21:27:15 2015] : DM: Another set of stairs decend from the hallway to the next level. From below you hear the snuffling and clicking of claws. Some beast dwells beneath.
[Wed Dec 2 21:27:20 2015] : DM: GAME END