Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 4 20:09:26 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 4 20:10:34 2015] : DM: You travelled to some islands in the delta and found and defeated the vampire mermaid who had killed one of the dock workers. With the crime solved the workers will get back to work and the river barges will again be able to sail.
[Wed Nov 4 20:10:46 2015] : DM: What do you do now?
[Wed Nov 4 20:11:58 2015] : Vaddyn: "As much as I could do with a good nights sleep, I'm tempted to just get out of this den of corruption as soon as possible"
[Wed Nov 4 20:12:34 2015] : Hildy: "I agree Vaddyn"
[Wed Nov 4 20:13:01 2015] : Hildy: "I used a lot of spells there, but I have a lot of lower level ones remaining"
[Wed Nov 4 20:14:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Speaking of which, I would appreciate a little of your healing powers"
[Wed Nov 4 20:14:32 2015] : Akiak: "I could do with a bit of healing I guess"
[Wed Nov 4 20:14:35 2015] : Akiak: "Same here"
[Wed Nov 4 20:15:40 2015] : Hildy: "OK, how badly injured are you both?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:15:46 2015] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [5d6(6,3,3,6,4)] = 22 HP healing.
[Wed Nov 4 20:15:56 2015] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:16:01 2015] : Akiak: not too bad
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:06 2015] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [5d6(3,6,2,2,1)] = 14 HP healing.
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:11 2015] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 14 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:16:12 2015] : Akiak: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:16:23 2015] : Akiak: "Thanks, that helped"
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:25 2015] : Hildy: Hildy uses a scroll of CLW for [1d8(3) + 1] = 4 HP. Charges remaining: 46.
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:27 2015] : Hildy: Hildy uses a scroll of CLW for [1d8(4) + 1] = 5 HP. Charges remaining: 45.
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:37 2015] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:16:39 2015] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 5 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:16:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ahhh, much better my friend"
[Wed Nov 4 20:16:57 2015] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 22 HP. [Wed Nov 4 20:17:08 2015] : Vaddyn: "Shall we see about gaining passage?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:17:22 2015] : Hildy: "Yes, let's head back"
[Wed Nov 4 20:17:42 2015] : Hildy: "We'll need to speak to the dockers anyway"
[Wed Nov 4 20:18:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Should we bring them the corpse?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:19:10 2015] : DM: ooc the docker leader is Julio Fernando
[Wed Nov 4 20:20:22 2015] : Hildy: ooc is there a corpse?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:20:36 2015] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Nov 4 20:20:56 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc oh aye, forgot that
[Wed Nov 4 20:20:58 2015] : Hildy: "We can take the coffin splinters if you think it will help us"
[Wed Nov 4 20:21:04 2015] : DM: ooc you defeated the vampire while it was in gaseous form so it turned instantly to dust, dropping it's equipment
[Wed Nov 4 20:21:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "No"
[Wed Nov 4 20:22:10 2015] : Akiak: "I'm glad this went well. I definitely don't like undead anything"
[Wed Nov 4 20:22:22 2015] : Vaddyn: "Nor I Akiak."
[Wed Nov 4 20:24:36 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc did we secure return transport back to town or are we on our own?
[Wed Nov 4 20:24:41 2015] : DM: Back at the riverside docks...
[Wed Nov 4 20:24:59 2015] : Julio: "How goes your investigation?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:26:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Good news Julio. We have despatched the killer"
[Wed Nov 4 20:27:06 2015] : Julio: "Who was the murderer?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:27:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "It was a foul undead, a Vampire"
[Wed Nov 4 20:27:40 2015] : Julio: "A vampire?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:28:02 2015] : Julio: "But vampires don't like running water."
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:18 2015] : Vaddyn: "Indeed, however this monstrosity seems to have originally a mermaid"
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "Indeed, however this monstrosity seems to have originally been a mermaid"
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:24 2015] : Akiak: "that one was a mermaid"
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:28 2015] : Akiak: "So it seems to have coped"
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:41 2015] : Vaddyn: "How such a thing comes to exist is beyond me"
[Wed Nov 4 20:29:47 2015] : Julio: "A mermaid vampire? You expect me to believe that? That's perposterous!"
[Wed Nov 4 20:30:07 2015] : Hildy: "Well, we have some pieces of its coffin"
[Wed Nov 4 20:30:17 2015] : Akiak: ooc anyone had their smartphone and took a pic?
[Wed Nov 4 20:30:18 2015] : Hildy: "You are also welcome to examine the cave"
[Wed Nov 4 20:30:40 2015] : Hildy: "We ask for no reward, and only wish for you all to be safe"
[Wed Nov 4 20:32:00 2015] : Julio: "Hmm. Well, there are strange creatures in the world. Very well, we shall return to work."
[Wed Nov 4 20:33:25 2015] : Vaddyn: "That is good to hear, Julio."
[Wed Nov 4 20:34:10 2015] : Julio: Jului stands on a box and calls out to the striking workers, telling them they can return to work, the monster is killed.
[Wed Nov 4 20:35:30 2015] : Akiak: "A minute ago he didn't believe us, and now that we ask for no reward, he does"
[Wed Nov 4 20:35:35 2015] : Vaddyn: "One last thing Julio. Could you direct us to a decent captain who could give us passage back up river?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:35:39 2015] : Akiak: "That's what I call gratitude"
[Wed Nov 4 20:35:56 2015] : Akiak: Akiak mutters to herself
[Wed Nov 4 20:37:35 2015] : Hildy: "We have the items from the monster as reward enough"
[Wed Nov 4 20:37:40 2015] : Julio: "I suggest Captain Xavier of the Black Gull, I beleive you have spoken to him already."
[Wed Nov 4 20:37:52 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thank you"
[Wed Nov 4 20:38:12 2015] : Hildy: "We can either sell them and split the proceeds or if anyone wants any of them..."
[Wed Nov 4 20:38:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "and dont forget the knowledge of a good deed done, a death avenged and an evil removed from this world"
[Wed Nov 4 20:38:39 2015] : Akiak: "I agree, we need no reward, it's just out of principle"
[Wed Nov 4 20:38:55 2015] : Akiak: "It's the attitude I don't like, but I'll get over it"
[Wed Nov 4 20:39:02 2015] : Akiak: "I don't need any of those items"
[Wed Nov 4 20:39:06 2015] : Akiak: ooc I think? ;)
[Wed Nov 4 20:39:48 2015] : Vaddyn: "Nothing of interest to me Hildy. Lets sell them and get out of here"
[Wed Nov 4 20:41:30 2015] : Julio: ooc they're easy to sell at the shops and worksops in the market district
[Wed Nov 4 20:43:36 2015] : DM: Captain Xavier is on the deck on his barge, keeping a eye on the cargo being unloaded and loaded.
[Wed Nov 4 20:43:49 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc is the mountain up river or down river?
[Wed Nov 4 20:44:03 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn approaches the barge
[Wed Nov 4 20:44:12 2015] : Hildy: ooc the wisdom headband may be useful to stop Koro failing his will saves :-/
[Wed Nov 4 20:44:23 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Nov 4 20:44:26 2015] : Akiak: ooc heh
[Wed Nov 4 20:44:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ho, Captain, permission to come aboard?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:45:14 2015] : Xavier: "Aye. I hear you got the dockers back to work."
[Wed Nov 4 20:45:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "Indeed, one of theirs had been killed"
[Wed Nov 4 20:47:30 2015] : Vaddyn: "We tracked the killer to her lair and removed an evil from the world"
[Wed Nov 4 20:47:35 2015] : Xavier: "So what can I do for you?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:48:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "We have completed our business in the city and wish to book passage back to the mountain"
[Wed Nov 4 20:48:32 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are you headed that way?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:48:55 2015] : Xavier: "It so happens that I am. A shipment of suppies to the lakeshore garrisons."
[Wed Nov 4 20:49:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "What do you say then?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:50:03 2015] : Hildy: "We require berth for four people and four horses"
[Wed Nov 4 20:51:15 2015] : Xavier: "The river to the east can be dangerous. I'll waive the fee if you agree to provide security."
[Wed Nov 4 20:51:24 2015] : Vaddyn: "Done"
[Wed Nov 4 20:51:37 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn holds out his hand
[Wed Nov 4 20:51:58 2015] : Xavier: Xavier shakes it.
[Wed Nov 4 20:52:06 2015] : Xavier: "We'll be underway in the hour."
[Wed Nov 4 20:52:13 2015] : Akiak: "Thanks"
[Wed Nov 4 20:53:24 2015] : DM: In a hour, the barge is cast off from the docks and is underway. First with oars and then the simple square sail is stepped.
[Wed Nov 4 20:53:38 2015] : Hildy: "Can your folks load our horses?"
[Wed Nov 4 20:53:50 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb phone
[Wed Nov 4 20:55:39 2015] : DM: In another couple of hours Xavier is looking through his telescope and curses. He looks agitated.
[Wed Nov 4 20:55:47 2015] : DM: perception checks
[Wed Nov 4 20:56:54 2015] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(10) + 15] = 25
[Wed Nov 4 20:57:10 2015] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(14) + 9] = 23
[Wed Nov 4 20:57:51 2015] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Nov 4 20:59:01 2015] : Akiak: "i can see a ship"
[Wed Nov 4 20:59:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "As can I. Look suspicious"
[Wed Nov 4 20:59:37 2015] : Hildy: "Is this a bad sign?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:00:01 2015] : Xavier: "Custom's cutter"
[Wed Nov 4 21:00:17 2015] : Xavier: "They might pass us by but..."
[Wed Nov 4 21:00:24 2015] : Hildy: "And that's bad because..?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:00:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Customs? Should we be worried about them?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:01:03 2015] : Xavier: "No, of course not. Nothing but legitimate supplies on this barge."
[Wed Nov 4 21:01:11 2015] : Xavier: Xavier frowns.
[Wed Nov 4 21:01:15 2015] : Xavier: Sense motive checks
[Wed Nov 4 21:01:19 2015] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Nov 4 21:02:12 2015] : Akiak: Sense Motive: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15
[Wed Nov 4 21:03:19 2015] : Hildy: Sense Motive: [1d20(11) + 10] = 21
[Wed Nov 4 21:04:21 2015] : Hildy: "OK, so why are you sweating so much and worried about a legitimate search?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:04:39 2015] : Vaddyn: "Is there something you're not telling us Captain?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:05:33 2015] : Akiak: "Not square with the customs maybe? Past infractions?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:05:35 2015] : Xavier: "Perhaps best if you do not know anything. Plausible deniability."
[Wed Nov 4 21:05:43 2015] : Akiak: "Sounds good."
[Wed Nov 4 21:05:51 2015] : Akiak: "I'll take that"
[Wed Nov 4 21:06:07 2015] : Xavier: "Everything on the manifest has had all its fees fully paid up."
[Wed Nov 4 21:06:12 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm"
[Wed Nov 4 21:06:29 2015] : Hildy: Hildy decides to sit in his cabin for a bit
[Wed Nov 4 21:06:58 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn smiles, rolls his eyes and goes for a walk around deck
[Wed Nov 4 21:07:12 2015] : DM: The cutter draws closer over the next hour until it is within hailing range.
[Wed Nov 4 21:07:34 2015] : Hildy: "I was going to go to my cabin, but it occurs to me that you could use some luck"
[Wed Nov 4 21:07:38 2015] : DM: "Lower your sails and heave to!" some shouts out.
[Wed Nov 4 21:08:03 2015] : DM: "Prepare to be boarded!"
[Wed Nov 4 21:08:39 2015] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, it might be helpful if anyone searching is fascinated by something else"
[Wed Nov 4 21:08:49 2015] : DM: Xavier curses and mutters to one of the crew. "Hide that 'special' crate. We can't let them find it or they'll arrest us all."
[Wed Nov 4 21:09:16 2015] : Hildy: HIldy follows the man hiding the crate and touches him before he hides it
[Wed Nov 4 21:09:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets see Hildy."
[Wed Nov 4 21:09:23 2015] : Hildy: Bit of Luck: Hildy touches a creature giving it a bit of luck. For the next [Wed Nov 4 21:10:09 2015] : Hildy: Hildy then returns to the deck looking relaxed
[Wed Nov 4 21:10:37 2015] : DM: The crate is stashed behind some planking and the planks a quickly hailed back over it.
[Wed Nov 4 21:12:15 2015] : DM: The captain orders the sail lowered and the anchor deployed. The cutter pulls up alongside. Around 20 well armed marines are standing crossbows at the ready at the side.
[Wed Nov 4 21:12:31 2015] : DM: A line is thrown across the the two crafts a pulled close.
[Wed Nov 4 21:12:50 2015] : DM: The custom's official jumps down onto the Black Gull's deck.
[Wed Nov 4 21:13:10 2015] : DM: "Manifest, shipping license," she barks at the captain.
[Wed Nov 4 21:13:34 2015] : DM: She looks them over.
[Wed Nov 4 21:14:07 2015] : DM: "Xavier, I'm sure I've heard that name before.... "
[Wed Nov 4 21:14:44 2015] : Hildy: ooc professor
[Wed Nov 4 21:14:46 2015] : DM: "Let's see, rice. blankets, two crates of swords."
[Wed Nov 4 21:15:36 2015] : DM: "All seems in order."
[Wed Nov 4 21:15:41 2015] : DM: She points at...
[Wed Nov 4 21:15:45 2015] : DM: Akiak
[Wed Nov 4 21:15:54 2015] : DM: "Who there. What's your business on this vessel?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:16:03 2015] : DM: ooc "You there..."
[Wed Nov 4 21:16:26 2015] : Akiak: "I am just seeking passage"
[Wed Nov 4 21:16:38 2015] : DM: "To where?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:17:24 2015] : Akiak: "We're adventurers and we all travel together"
[Wed Nov 4 21:17:31 2015] : Akiak: "Adventuring"
[Wed Nov 4 21:17:51 2015] : DM: "Hmm. Your license, please?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:18:22 2015] : Akiak: "My license?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:18:30 2015] : Hildy: "It's here Akiak"
[Wed Nov 4 21:18:47 2015] : Hildy: Hildy presents the license from Raven
[Wed Nov 4 21:19:08 2015] : DM: She scrutanizes it. "That all seems in order."
[Wed Nov 4 21:19:18 2015] : Akiak: "Ah that. Sorry, I got confused"
[Wed Nov 4 21:19:27 2015] : Akiak: "Thanks Hildy"
[Wed Nov 4 21:21:41 2015] : DM: She turns to leave and then suddenly stops. "Xavier, Xavier... I remember where I've seen that name. Suspected in that medicine smuggling ring we broke up last year."
[Wed Nov 4 21:22:18 2015] : DM: She calls to four others on the cutter. "Search this ship from bow to stern. Tear it appart if you have to."
[Wed Nov 4 21:22:42 2015] : Vaddyn: "Medicine smuggling??"
[Wed Nov 4 21:23:07 2015] : DM: Four marines jump down onto the barge and start methodically searching the ship. Looking through crates and opening barrels. Rapping on the planks and testing for hidden compartments.
[Wed Nov 4 21:23:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "Surely medicine exists only to help people. Why would it be considered contraband?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:23:43 2015] : DM: "The evasion of export duties is a serious crime."
[Wed Nov 4 21:24:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "But I'm sure the good Captain has paid his debt to society and to consider him guilty again is unfair"
[Wed Nov 4 21:24:37 2015] : DM: "The "Control of Medical Substance Act" imposes a considerable export duty to ensure the city is always well supplied with essential medicines for its population."
[Wed Nov 4 21:24:56 2015] : DM: ooc Diplomacy check
[Wed Nov 4 21:25:01 2015] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(7) + 19] = 26
[Wed Nov 4 21:26:21 2015] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Nov 4 21:26:43 2015] : DM: ooc doing anything about the marines searching the vessel? They might find the hidden stash.
[Wed Nov 4 21:27:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "But I'm sure you know your job Captain."
[Wed Nov 4 21:27:33 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn walks off vaguely in the direction of the concealed container
[Wed Nov 4 21:28:25 2015] : Vaddyn: Once near the location he sits on a convenient crate
[Wed Nov 4 21:28:34 2015] : Hildy: Hildy goes into another part of the ship and hides
[Wed Nov 4 21:28:40 2015] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 26] = 31
[Wed Nov 4 21:29:05 2015] : Hildy: ooc if marines come nearby, I will appear from the shadows and walk back on deck
[Wed Nov 4 21:29:23 2015] : Hildy: ooc attempting to make them concentrate on a different area
[Wed Nov 4 21:29:35 2015] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Nov 4 21:30:08 2015] : DM: ooc Vaddyn, what's your plan?
[Wed Nov 4 21:30:41 2015] : DM: ooc Akiak, trying anything?
[Wed Nov 4 21:32:18 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc try to persuade them to search somewhere else, if that fails I'll try to Suggest that they wont find anything here
[Wed Nov 4 21:32:52 2015] : DM: ooc Bluff check
[Wed Nov 4 21:33:10 2015] : Akiak: Akiak is trying to look around and is ready to do something to divert attention if needed
[Wed Nov 4 21:33:17 2015] : Vaddyn: Bluff: [1d20(3) + 19] = 22
[Wed Nov 4 21:33:21 2015] : Akiak: ooc look around as in "keeping an eye of where the search is going"
[Wed Nov 4 21:33:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "Theres nothing here lads. Where would you hide it?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:34:21 2015] : DM: The marine starts prodding at the recently nailed planks but soon gives up and moves to where Hildy is lurking.
[Wed Nov 4 21:34:43 2015] : DM: After about a hour the marines stop searching and report that they've found no contraband.
[Wed Nov 4 21:35:13 2015] : DM: The official looks suspicious still but with nothing to act on she is forces to return to her vessel and leave.
[Wed Nov 4 21:36:00 2015] : DM: Xavier is relieved and soon has the barge underway again.
[Wed Nov 4 21:36:02 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn watches them leave with thinly veiled contempt
[Wed Nov 4 21:37:26 2015] : Vaddyn: "Is there nothing more to this place than corruption and bureaucracy?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:37:40 2015] : Akiak: Akiak breathes again.
[Wed Nov 4 21:38:01 2015] : DM: "You learn to work around it."
[Wed Nov 4 21:38:12 2015] : Akiak: "INdeed, they seem to be the pillars on which this region lies"
[Wed Nov 4 21:38:20 2015] : Hildy: "Before we discuss our fee for our part in this charade, I'd like to ask you about your profits on medicines and for whom they are intended"
[Wed Nov 4 21:39:43 2015] : Hildy: "My point being, that I performed as I did with the expectation that the products help others, not just line your pockets"
[Wed Nov 4 21:40:26 2015] : Akiak: "indeed. "
[Wed Nov 4 21:40:32 2015] : DM: "They sold or orginary people in need. The profits are considerable so I will advance you a sum of 400 gold pieces for your assistance."
[Wed Nov 4 21:40:50 2015] : DM: ooc "...to ordinary..."
[Wed Nov 4 21:41:24 2015] : Vaddyn: "I think I would rather you simply lowered your prices to those in need"
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:15 2015] : DM: "Very well."
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:24 2015] : DM: Sense motive
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:28 2015] : Hildy: "Indeed, I agree Vaddyn"
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:32 2015] : Hildy: Sense Motive: [1d20(1) + 10] = 11
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:33 2015] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:37 2015] : Hildy: ooc hah
[Wed Nov 4 21:42:59 2015] : Akiak: Sense Motive: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Nov 4 21:44:06 2015] : Vaddyn: brb
[Wed Nov 4 21:44:10 2015] : Akiak: "I am pretty sure hXavier won't be doing any of that. Unless maybe we put some kind of control in place?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:44:28 2015] : Akiak: "Look at his smug smile here"
[Wed Nov 4 21:44:34 2015] : DM: "You doubt my honour? I am offended."
[Wed Nov 4 21:44:50 2015] : Akiak: "We've just saved your skin, and I've seen how scared you were of those customs people"
[Wed Nov 4 21:45:06 2015] : Akiak: "I don't doubt your honor, I doubt your word"
[Wed Nov 4 21:45:40 2015] : Akiak: "Giving us 400 GP is getting away with little pain in comparison to what those people would have done to your business"
[Wed Nov 4 21:46:28 2015] : Akiak: "So. Since we won't be here to control the prices you will apply, we need to find a better solution"
[Wed Nov 4 21:46:59 2015] : Akiak: ooc sorry, this should have read: "Giving us 400 GP would have been getting away..."
[Wed Nov 4 21:47:15 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Nov 4 21:47:20 2015] : Akiak: "And by nodding your consentment to our request, you've just saved yourself 400 GP"
[Wed Nov 4 21:47:32 2015] : Akiak: "So, yes, allow me to doubt your word"
[Wed Nov 4 21:48:02 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks grimfaced after Akiak's speech
[Wed Nov 4 21:48:02 2015] : DM: Diplomacy check
[Wed Nov 4 21:48:17 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc nice speech :)
[Wed Nov 4 21:48:36 2015] : Akiak: Diplomacy: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Nov 4 21:50:31 2015] : Akiak: "And allow me to discuss with my friends here how to proceed."
[Wed Nov 4 21:51:13 2015] : DM: "The prices paid by the healers are not set by me, I simply transport the goods. The traders set the prices which are beyond my control."
[Wed Nov 4 21:52:42 2015] : Akiak: "Which I would be willing to believe"
[Wed Nov 4 21:53:15 2015] : Akiak: "But we need some way of our helping your smuggly business is going to do some good in the end"
[Wed Nov 4 21:53:28 2015] : Hildy: "I know little of the mercantile economy"
[Wed Nov 4 21:53:46 2015] : Akiak: "Let us continue our journey for now, and let us come up with a creative siolution".
[Wed Nov 4 21:53:50 2015] : Hildy: Hildy huddles with the others
[Wed Nov 4 21:54:03 2015] : Akiak: "If worse comes to worse, we can always go to the customs and tell them how you fooled us?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:54:22 2015] : Akiak: "Plausible deniability, remember?"
[Wed Nov 4 21:54:24 2015] : Hildy: "I suggest a large fee, which we donate to a temple as a grant for purchasing medical supplies"
[Wed Nov 4 21:54:37 2015] : Akiak: Akiak takes some time to discuss with her friends
[Wed Nov 4 21:54:41 2015] : Vaddyn: "An excellent idea Hildy"
[Wed Nov 4 21:55:13 2015] : Akiak: "I'm fine with this"
[Wed Nov 4 21:55:21 2015] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, I think that you will need to ascertain a reasonable fee level"
[Wed Nov 4 21:55:56 2015] : Hildy: "I think his initial offer was, as Akiak stated, not really damaging his profit"
[Wed Nov 4 21:56:27 2015] : Hildy: "I don't wish for him to lose his profits, but for us to take away say, a quarter as our fee"
[Wed Nov 4 21:56:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "Let me see the medicine we have helped smuggle"
[Wed Nov 4 21:57:08 2015] : DM: Appriase check
[Wed Nov 4 21:57:18 2015] : DM: ooc assuming that sill exists as a skill...
[Wed Nov 4 21:57:28 2015] : Hildy: ooc for some reason it does
[Wed Nov 4 21:57:35 2015] : Vaddyn: Appraise: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Nov 4 21:57:43 2015] : Hildy: ooc about as used as profession (blah)
[Wed Nov 4 21:58:03 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn examines the contents of the crate
[Wed Nov 4 21:58:26 2015] : Hildy: ooc although Dan had Profession (Painting)
[Wed Nov 4 21:59:03 2015] : DM: The value of the good on the open market would be about 5000 gp. 2000 of that is profit by the distributor, 1000 gp of profit for the courier.
[Wed Nov 4 21:59:32 2015] : Koro (enter): 21:59
[Wed Nov 4 21:59:40 2015] : Koro: ooc /me is lurking
[Wed Nov 4 21:59:45 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Koro...
[Wed Nov 4 22:01:53 2015] : Akiak: ooc so we'll stop talking ;)
[Wed Nov 4 22:02:30 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn imforms the others of his appraisal
[Wed Nov 4 22:02:32 2015] : Koro|Lurking: ooc :) I'm in a hotel in Darmstadt with extra-poor wifi
[Wed Nov 4 22:03:28 2015] : Hildy: "There is a concern that he could just up his asking price, making the distributor also do this"
[Wed Nov 4 22:03:28 2015] : Akiak: ooc you could be here with extra mega poor wifi.
[Wed Nov 4 22:04:03 2015] : Hildy: Hildy scratches his head
[Wed Nov 4 22:04:22 2015] : Hildy: "This trading business makes my head hurt"
[Wed Nov 4 22:04:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps his offer of 400gp was sufficient"
[Wed Nov 4 22:06:07 2015] : Akiak: "Should we up it a bit to show that we've thought about it?"
[Wed Nov 4 22:06:15 2015] : Vaddyn: "500gp?"
[Wed Nov 4 22:06:23 2015] : Akiak: "Let's say 600 GP for one time"
[Wed Nov 4 22:06:37 2015] : Vaddyn: "ok then"
[Wed Nov 4 22:06:39 2015] : Akiak: "Or 500", that would be half of his profit.
[Wed Nov 4 22:07:20 2015] : Hildy: "500"
[Wed Nov 4 22:07:36 2015] : Akiak: "ok"
[Wed Nov 4 22:07:55 2015] : Akiak: "remember thought that this is for this one time"
[Wed Nov 4 22:08:30 2015] : Akiak: "So even half his profit is not the end of hthe world compared to prison and such"
[Wed Nov 4 22:08:42 2015] : Akiak: "I'd say we should even hask him"
[Wed Nov 4 22:09:01 2015] : Akiak: "how much he values what we did for him, after we tell him what we'll do with the money"
[Wed Nov 4 22:09:16 2015] : Akiak: "And if worse comes to worse, we ask for 500 GP"
[Wed Nov 4 22:09:33 2015] : Hildy: "Is Vaddyn going to be better at such a conversation?"
[Wed Nov 4 22:09:41 2015] : Hildy: "He's very persuasive"
[Wed Nov 4 22:10:06 2015] : Hildy: "He probably thinks we're as crooked as him2
[Wed Nov 4 22:10:11 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok then"
[Wed Nov 4 22:10:13 2015] : Akiak: "probably, yes, I'm not very good at this"
[Wed Nov 4 22:10:40 2015] : Hildy: "So as far as he's concerned we're just getting our squeeze"
[Wed Nov 4 22:11:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "Captain, Xavier we are not convinced that 400 will cover our... silence in this matter"
[Wed Nov 4 22:11:38 2015] : DM: Diplomacy check
[Wed Nov 4 22:11:42 2015] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 19] = 30
[Wed Nov 4 22:12:01 2015] : Vaddyn: "we feel that a little more... persuasion would help"
[Wed Nov 4 22:12:59 2015] : DM: "Would a 500 gp donation be acceptable?"
[Wed Nov 4 22:13:35 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn ponders the offer for a few seconds
[Wed Nov 4 22:13:38 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hmmmmm"
[Wed Nov 4 22:14:09 2015] : Vaddyn: "Very well captain, you have a deal"
[Wed Nov 4 22:14:17 2015] : DM: ok
[Wed Nov 4 22:15:16 2015] : DM: The rest of the day passes uneventfully and the captain anchors for the night just of the bank.
[Wed Nov 4 22:15:20 2015] : DM: GAME END