Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 7 20:07:43 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 7 20:07:53 2015] : Hildy: ooc Henry, no spoilers!
[Wed Oct 7 20:08:14 2015] : DM: You have completed the proving tunnels and have been escorted back to Raven.
[Wed Oct 7 20:08:51 2015] : Koro: ooc Spoilers: they bake stuff!
[Wed Oct 7 20:09:09 2015] : Raven: "Your performance in the Proving Tunnels was acceptable. Now we can discuss business."
[Wed Oct 7 20:09:28 2015] : Koro: "I wonder how many times you have to replace those golems. Does it not become costly?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:10:51 2015] : Raven: "Most recruits are defeated by the golems and they sustain minimal damage."
[Wed Oct 7 20:11:11 2015] : Koro: "Do the golems stop attacking?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:11:56 2015] : Raven: "Once the threat is neutralized, yes."
[Wed Oct 7 20:12:38 2015] : Vaddyn: "So most people dont pass the test"
[Wed Oct 7 20:12:41 2015] : Koro: "Huh. So sitting there and being beaten unconscious would have been a viable tactic. This is not something I had expected."
[Wed Oct 7 20:13:23 2015] : Raven: "Defeat teaches them to be less cocky and reckless. A valuble lesson."
[Wed Oct 7 20:14:14 2015] : Koro: "Yes, true. But do you not now fear we will be cocky and reckless? None of your tests has yet defeated us."
[Wed Oct 7 20:14:19 2015] : Hildy: "That one that rolled on the floor constantly provided some amusement"
[Wed Oct 7 20:14:51 2015] : Raven: "You're experienced and competent."
[Wed Oct 7 20:15:23 2015] : Koro: ooc rolled on the floor? Have aI forgotten something?
[Wed Oct 7 20:16:09 2015] : Raven: ooc the grease spell
[Wed Oct 7 20:16:54 2015] : Raven: "As you may know we are in the business of aquisitions and trade. One of the many things we trade in is information."
[Wed Oct 7 20:17:33 2015] : Raven: "There is a mail carriage arriving tomorrow and I require a certain letter contained within it."
[Wed Oct 7 20:18:04 2015] : Hildy: Hildy frowns
[Wed Oct 7 20:18:15 2015] : Koro: ooc ah yes
[Wed Oct 7 20:18:16 2015] : Raven: "I mean a mail barge"
[Wed Oct 7 20:18:28 2015] : Hildy: "Why not wait for the barge to arrive and have it delivered?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:19:27 2015] : Raven: "The letter is addressed to... someone else."
[Wed Oct 7 20:19:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ahhh"
[Wed Oct 7 20:19:54 2015] : Vaddyn: "How will we find the letter amongst all the others?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:06 2015] : Raven: "You shall have the details once you have agreed to the task."
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:11 2015] : Hildy: Hildy frowns again
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:32 2015] : Raven: "Suffice it to say the letter is address to one this city's esteemed councilors."
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:38 2015] : Akiak: "Hmmm."
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:45 2015] : Koro: "Will your acquisition of this letter harm anyone who does not deserve it?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:21:57 2015] : Akiak: "Will the letter be returned?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:22:26 2015] : Raven: "The letter will be subject to... negotiation on its value."
[Wed Oct 7 20:22:45 2015] : Akiak: Gain 14 temporary HP. [Wed Oct 7 20:22:47 2015] : Akiak: Healing: Regain 14 HP. [Wed Oct 7 20:22:53 2015] : Akiak: ooc sorry
[Wed Oct 7 20:23:06 2015] : Akiak: 14 Damage: [Wed Oct 7 20:23:13 2015] : Akiak: ooc now.
[Wed Oct 7 20:23:21 2015] : Akiak: "I see"
[Wed Oct 7 20:24:38 2015] : Raven: "Is this task disagreeable to you? I sense some unease perhaps."
[Wed Oct 7 20:25:24 2015] : Vaddyn: "I'm not sure we have any real choice"
[Wed Oct 7 20:25:39 2015] : Hildy: "I am uncomfortable with the task. I would prefer reassurance that the recipient is a bad sort"
[Wed Oct 7 20:25:55 2015] : Koro (enter): 20:25
[Wed Oct 7 20:26:09 2015] : Koro: Booting '(4) Koro' from server...
[Wed Oct 7 20:26:10 2015] : Koro (exit): 20:26
[Wed Oct 7 20:26:53 2015] : Hildy: "I am interested in Koro here's question about the harm this may cause"
[Wed Oct 7 20:27:12 2015] : Koro: ooc what did I miss? Saw nothing after my last line.
[Wed Oct 7 20:27:14 2015] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, there is always a choice"
[Wed Oct 7 20:27:29 2015] : Raven: "The letter is for Councillor Cesar Avena. Corrupt and decadent like almost all the council."
[Wed Oct 7 20:27:53 2015] : Akiak: "Yes, there has to be some kind of certainty that we're not working to actively harm people I guess"
[Wed Oct 7 20:27:56 2015] : Vaddyn: "Oh I know that Hildy, but if we want what we want then..."
[Wed Oct 7 20:28:35 2015] : Raven: "You will harm Avena's purse and that is all."
[Wed Oct 7 20:30:27 2015] : Akiak: "OK. That sounds..."
[Wed Oct 7 20:30:37 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, on balance to help our mission to rid the region of this demon, I think that I can live with that."
[Wed Oct 7 20:30:45 2015] : Akiak: Sense Motive: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26
[Wed Oct 7 20:31:47 2015] : Koro (enter): 20:31
[Wed Oct 7 20:31:56 2015] : Koro: Booting '(6) Koro' from server...
[Wed Oct 7 20:31:57 2015] : Koro (exit): 20:31
[Wed Oct 7 20:32:01 2015] : Koro: ooc ffs
[Wed Oct 7 20:32:05 2015] : Koro: ooc hotel wifi :(
[Wed Oct 7 20:32:17 2015] : Raven: ooc ugh!
[Wed Oct 7 20:32:22 2015] : Akiak: "Well, I guess I can live with this."
[Wed Oct 7 20:33:12 2015] : Vaddyn: "We are agreed then?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:33:33 2015] : Vaddyn: "One letter in a whole barge is going to be difficult."
[Wed Oct 7 20:33:44 2015] : Koro: "We could, of course, deliver the barge."
[Wed Oct 7 20:34:07 2015] : Koro: ooc Tamal's baby photos!
[Wed Oct 7 20:34:20 2015] : Vaddyn: "Probably more noticable. I doubt Raven would like that"
[Wed Oct 7 20:34:38 2015] : Raven: "The barge is heavily guarded and may not be the best target."
[Wed Oct 7 20:34:42 2015] : Hildy: ooc Henry! Secure that shit!
[Wed Oct 7 20:35:02 2015] : Raven: ooc huh?
[Wed Oct 7 20:35:16 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc someone on BGGO?
[Wed Oct 7 20:35:22 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc GBBO
[Wed Oct 7 20:35:24 2015] : Koro: ooc yep
[Wed Oct 7 20:35:55 2015] : Koro: "Then where will the delivery be easy to target? Do you know if it will be delivered to the home or the office?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:05 2015] : Raven: "I also require some discretion in this matter. Stealing the whole mail delivery would attract too much attention."
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:17 2015] : Akiak: "Heh. I can imagine that."
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:29 2015] : Akiak: "How is the mail delivered?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:32 2015] : Koro: "But flamboyance can be its own reward."
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:34 2015] : Akiak: "Is it handed in personally?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:42 2015] : Koro: Koro raises an eyebrow
[Wed Oct 7 20:36:48 2015] : Raven: "It will be delivered by personal carriage to Avena's residence within the city."
[Wed Oct 7 20:37:11 2015] : Hildy: "Is the letter likely to be under special guard or segregated into high priority mail on the barge?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:37:18 2015] : Raven: "The councillor is a cautious man and his mail carriage takes an unpredictable route."
[Wed Oct 7 20:38:25 2015] : Raven: "The carriage usually has two of his personal guard and the driver."
[Wed Oct 7 20:39:24 2015] : Akiak: ooc brb I hear kids noises ;)
[Wed Oct 7 20:39:39 2015] : Raven: ooc if I miss a question please reask it.
[Wed Oct 7 20:40:07 2015] : Vaddyn: "So you've no idea of the route at all?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:40:52 2015] : Raven: "We have been unable to determine the route, However, we know it must cross one of the bridges to reach the councillor's residence."
[Wed Oct 7 20:41:24 2015] : Koro: ooc how many bridges are there? Koro presumably knows.
[Wed Oct 7 20:41:26 2015] : Raven: "But there is a complication: this bridge is guarded by a squad of city guards at all times."
[Wed Oct 7 20:41:44 2015] : Raven: ooc um. at least 1?
[Wed Oct 7 20:41:51 2015] : Koro: "I think the city guards might need to face a distraction."
[Wed Oct 7 20:42:12 2015] : Vaddyn: "How many in this squad?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:42:27 2015] : Koro: ooc I wasn't sure if she meant "it will cross this one particular bridge" or "one of the bridges in the city, but it could be one of three options"
[Wed Oct 7 20:42:44 2015] : Raven: ooc one specific bridge
[Wed Oct 7 20:42:45 2015] : Akiak: ooc understood as henry did
[Wed Oct 7 20:42:47 2015] : Hildy: "We can handle a distraction... A few dinosaurs could run past them making a scene"
[Wed Oct 7 20:43:18 2015] : Koro: "Yes. Can you order the dinosaurs to attack, but not kill?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:43:43 2015] : Raven: "Is there any further information you require?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:43:45 2015] : Akiak: "heh". Then what we need is some kind of way to find the letter quickly
[Wed Oct 7 20:44:05 2015] : Akiak: "invisibility and stealth can take care of the sneaking in, but how do we find the ONE letter"
[Wed Oct 7 20:44:07 2015] : Akiak: "I wonder"
[Wed Oct 7 20:44:42 2015] : Raven: "The letter will be sealed with a plain seal, on fine quality paper. It will likely be scented with lilac."
[Wed Oct 7 20:45:01 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, good point Koro!"
[Wed Oct 7 20:45:15 2015] : Akiak: "OK, so we need a fine nose"
[Wed Oct 7 20:45:52 2015] : Koro: "Perhaps a dinosaur. Do dinosaurs smell well?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:46:55 2015] : Akiak: "Wait, you'd expect a donosaur to find the letter?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:47:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "I don't think thats a good idea"
[Wed Oct 7 20:47:54 2015] : Koro: ooc brb - final judging time!
[Wed Oct 7 20:50:16 2015] : Hildy: "I think Akiak is probably far better for that Job"
[Wed Oct 7 20:50:26 2015] : Vaddyn: "I think I will be able to find it."
[Wed Oct 7 20:50:32 2015] : Akiak: "I could indeed see myself in this role"
[Wed Oct 7 20:50:40 2015] : Hildy: "I suspect Koro was trying to be amusing"
[Wed Oct 7 20:51:02 2015] : Koro: "Agreed. Then we distract the guard, and perhaps disable any others; we guard Akiak while she sneaks in to retrieve the letter."
[Wed Oct 7 20:51:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "I can transform myself into a creature with excellent smelling"
[Wed Oct 7 20:51:17 2015] : Koro: "Can you disguise us so we are not easily followed away from the scene?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:53:53 2015] : Vaddyn: "Which bridge will it pass?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:54:15 2015] : Raven: Raven indicates on a map of the city
[Wed Oct 7 20:54:59 2015] : Koro: ooc... they have a winner!
[Wed Oct 7 20:55:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "So we distract the guards, ambush the carriage and find a single letter? Sounds easy"
[Wed Oct 7 20:55:54 2015] : Akiak: ooc I guess to sdistract the guard we can just rturn TV on at the time of GBBO's announcement for the winner
[Wed Oct 7 20:56:00 2015] : Koro: ooc :-p
[Wed Oct 7 20:56:01 2015] : Hildy: ooc thank goodness no-one is lawful ;-)
[Wed Oct 7 20:56:02 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc ooooh
[Wed Oct 7 20:56:06 2015] : Akiak: "Not easy. But doable"
[Wed Oct 7 20:56:43 2015] : Koro: "Our escape concerns me. If we are identifiable, no-one will trust us in the city again. We will become a liability."
[Wed Oct 7 20:57:57 2015] : Hildy: "Let me have a think about that..."
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:08 2015] : Vaddyn: "We only arrived recently. Would recognise us?"
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:12 2015] : Akiak: "Yes, agreed"
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:15 2015] : Hildy: "I always save some spell casting capacity for contingency"
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:21 2015] : Akiak: "They might not "recognise us as such"
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:30 2015] : Akiak: "But will be able to point us out afterwards"
[Wed Oct 7 20:58:33 2015] : Akiak: "Maybe"
[Wed Oct 7 20:59:28 2015] : Raven: ooc the mail doesn't arrive until tomorrow
[Wed Oct 7 20:59:33 2015] : Hildy: "one option is some form of supernatural darkness"
[Wed Oct 7 21:02:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "Interesting, but that could cause us problems as well"
[Wed Oct 7 21:02:16 2015] : Koro: "That would also hinder us."
[Wed Oct 7 21:03:40 2015] : Hildy: "Yes, but it's an option"
[Wed Oct 7 21:03:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "although I may also be able to negate that disadvantage for myself"
[Wed Oct 7 21:04:13 2015] : Akiak: "The question is whether we really need to all go together"
[Wed Oct 7 21:04:41 2015] : Akiak: "I find a little distraction, stalling the mail carriage and one or two of us searching might do the trick"
[Wed Oct 7 21:04:49 2015] : Akiak: "How big is the carriage?"
[Wed Oct 7 21:04:51 2015] : Hildy: "To be honest, I wonder if Vaddyn couldn't be distraction enough by himself?"
[Wed Oct 7 21:05:00 2015] : Raven: ooc think stagecoach
[Wed Oct 7 21:05:09 2015] : Vaddyn: "Well, I didn't want to be the one to suggest that, Hildy"
[Wed Oct 7 21:05:14 2015] : Koro: "True. An alternative would be that we pick up the carriage's route after the bridge, and follow it from there."
[Wed Oct 7 21:05:32 2015] : Hildy: "Make himself look different, then use some of his charms to fascinate them"
[Wed Oct 7 21:06:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps I could distract the guards long enough for you board the carriage and find the letter"
[Wed Oct 7 21:09:10 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc slightly at a loss for ideas here
[Wed Oct 7 21:09:34 2015] : Raven: ooc I don't think you need anything too complicated.
[Wed Oct 7 21:10:10 2015] : Koro: ooc Fascination?
[Wed Oct 7 21:10:12 2015] : Raven: ooc even basic disguises would work
[Wed Oct 7 21:10:30 2015] : Akiak: ooc but aren't we agreeing on something?
[Wed Oct 7 21:10:49 2015] : Akiak: ooc ie. Vaddyn distracts, I go and look?
[Wed Oct 7 21:11:18 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc am I fascinating the bridge guards or the carriage guards?
[Wed Oct 7 21:11:36 2015] : Raven: ooc aren't the dinosaurs distracting the bridge guards?
[Wed Oct 7 21:11:53 2015] : Hildy: ooc no dinos
[Wed Oct 7 21:11:57 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc thats not a sentence I ever thought I'd see written down
[Wed Oct 7 21:12:11 2015] : Hildy: ooc something we can communicate with
[Wed Oct 7 21:14:14 2015] : Hildy: "So, my suggestion is that Vaddyn distracts the city guards"
[Wed Oct 7 21:14:34 2015] : Hildy: "Then we get a creature we can communicate with to menace the coach"
[Wed Oct 7 21:15:00 2015] : Hildy: "Meanwhile Akiak nips inside the coach, invisible and grabs the letter"
[Wed Oct 7 21:15:24 2015] : Akiak: "Sounds good."
[Wed Oct 7 21:15:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok then"
[Wed Oct 7 21:15:36 2015] : Akiak: "The only unknown here is how long it will tell me to find the letter"
[Wed Oct 7 21:16:05 2015] : Hildy: "Koro could even come to the coach guards help, while actually not helping and just being a distraction"
[Wed Oct 7 21:16:51 2015] : Vaddyn: "Be the hero. Nice"
[Wed Oct 7 21:16:59 2015] : Koro: "I could indeed."
[Wed Oct 7 21:17:03 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb need a lemsip
[Wed Oct 7 21:18:02 2015] : Hildy: "Thankfully I have been studying Terran for a few weeks, and I think I can tell a mud elemental what to do"
[Wed Oct 7 21:19:05 2015] : Akiak: "Sounds good"
[Wed Oct 7 21:20:05 2015] : Raven: ooc sounds like a plan
[Wed Oct 7 21:20:07 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Oct 7 21:20:37 2015] : Raven: ooc I'm tired and I've had bit of crappy week. Do you mind if we end it here?
[Wed Oct 7 21:20:46 2015] : Hildy: ooc No problem
[Wed Oct 7 21:20:59 2015] : Akiak: ooc I'm good. We actually have a plan ;)
[Wed Oct 7 21:21:03 2015] : Koro: ooc nor do I
[Wed Oct 7 21:21:13 2015] : Koro: ooc I may be a little late next week, but will def. be online.
[Wed Oct 7 21:21:23 2015] : Raven: GAME END