Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 30 20:25:29 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 30 20:25:41 2015] : Hildy: ooc ready
[Wed Sep 30 20:26:18 2015] : DM: You are in Moyamba with Councillor Amos Hernandez, who you rescued from a Snake people ambush.
[Wed Sep 30 20:27:23 2015] : DM: Amos is displeased with the Office for the Protection of Magical Antiquities and has said he's going to find an "alternate" permit from a less than official source.
[Wed Sep 30 20:27:54 2015] : DM: You're in the sewers and tunnels controlled by the Night Birds, a powerful underground organization within the city.
[Wed Sep 30 20:28:17 2015] : DM: You've just defeated (but not killed) the adult blue dragon guardian.
[Wed Sep 30 20:28:53 2015] : DM: Someone has agreed to lead you to their leader (having recognized Amos who is owed a favour). That leader is the "Raven".
[Wed Sep 30 20:30:16 2015] : DM: You are lead deeper into the ancient tunnels until you reach a large caverous room bustling with people hurrying back and forth with papers and goods.
[Wed Sep 30 20:30:40 2015] : DM: The vaulted ceiling is supported by many stout pillars and stacked between then are crates of goods.
[Wed Sep 30 20:31:07 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, I never expected this sort of place down here!"
[Wed Sep 30 20:31:50 2015] : Koro: ooc Bakeoff is massively tense this week
[Wed Sep 30 20:31:56 2015] : DM: You are directed to a raised platform overlooking the floor where someone stands, leaning on the railings looking down at the workers below.
[Wed Sep 30 20:32:00 2015] : Koro: "There are many things beneath the City, my friend."
[Wed Sep 30 20:32:23 2015] : DM: She is cloaked in a light, black cloak, trimmed in feathers. This must be Raven.
[Wed Sep 30 20:32:39 2015] : Hildy: ooc shh! That's for tomorrow night Henry!
[Wed Sep 30 20:32:52 2015] : DM: She occasional turns to others to sign papers or issue curt orders.
[Wed Sep 30 20:33:36 2015] : DM: Amos heads for the platform.
[Wed Sep 30 20:33:42 2015] : DM: Do you follow?
[Wed Sep 30 20:33:54 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows
[Wed Sep 30 20:34:09 2015] : Koro: Koro also follows
[Wed Sep 30 20:34:30 2015] : Hildy: Hildy tags along with the others
[Wed Sep 30 20:34:40 2015] : Akiak: ooc ditto
[Wed Sep 30 20:35:45 2015] : Amos: "I have need of your aid, the OPMA is being foolish again and I require a permit. I understand you can provide one?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:36:12 2015] : Raven: "Of course. You understand this will conclude our business and settle our debt?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:37:37 2015] : Amos: "Yes, I will return to my home and wait. But before I do I would like to introduce some resourceful and competent adventurers. They defeated a snake-folk ambush that nearly ended my life."
[Wed Sep 30 20:38:22 2015] : Raven: (turning to you) "Interesting... And what do you want? And (more importantly) what do you have to offer?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:38:41 2015] : Koro: "We offer skills, not goods."
[Wed Sep 30 20:38:53 2015] : DM: Amos thanks you once more and says you should look him up when you're next available. He then leaves.
[Wed Sep 30 20:39:02 2015] : Raven: "Of course, what skills?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:39:40 2015] : Vaddyn: "well, we bested your Guard"
[Wed Sep 30 20:39:46 2015] : Akiak: "Many, of different kinds"
[Wed Sep 30 20:39:53 2015] : Akiak: "And yes, that"
[Wed Sep 30 20:40:01 2015] : Koro: "I cannot speak for my companions, you understand, but I myself am something of a... negotiator. Direct negotiation."
[Wed Sep 30 20:40:25 2015] : Raven: "I am glad you did not kill the guardian. They are so very expensive."
[Wed Sep 30 20:40:52 2015] : Koro: "So very impolite, though. It is a boastful fool."
[Wed Sep 30 20:40:58 2015] : Hildy: "So, you have seen us best your guardian"
[Wed Sep 30 20:41:12 2015] : Raven: "I have heard the reports of course."
[Wed Sep 30 20:41:50 2015] : Raven: "So what do you want?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:42:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "We are interested in those Permits that Amos discussed"
[Wed Sep 30 20:43:00 2015] : Raven: "And I have in mind a... job... that you may do in exchange."
[Wed Sep 30 20:43:28 2015] : Vaddyn: "Go on"
[Wed Sep 30 20:43:37 2015] : Koro: "Tell us. This may be worthwhile for both of us."
[Wed Sep 30 20:43:42 2015] : Raven: "But first there is the matter of the Proving. Something I require for every employee and contractor."
[Wed Sep 30 20:44:44 2015] : Koro: "And how many candidates die in the Proving?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:44:47 2015] : Raven: "An obstacle course if you will, designed to test your skills, your creativity and your teamwork."
[Wed Sep 30 20:45:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "Unusual"
[Wed Sep 30 20:45:48 2015] : Raven: "Nightjar," she calls out to someone nearby. "Lead our prospective guests to the Proving Tunnels. Let them make use of the guest quarters if they wish."
[Wed Sep 30 20:46:05 2015] : Raven: "We will speak further once you are Proven."
[Wed Sep 30 20:46:19 2015] : Hildy: Hildy raises an eyebrow
[Wed Sep 30 20:46:36 2015] : Akiak: "Interesting. And scary some too"
[Wed Sep 30 20:46:49 2015] : Hildy: "Are we about to be covered in yeast?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:46:57 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc lolo
[Wed Sep 30 20:47:06 2015] : Koro: Koro looks sideways at Hildy
[Wed Sep 30 20:47:13 2015] : Koro: "Is this some jest of your people?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:47:32 2015] : Hildy: "Just a pun"
[Wed Sep 30 20:47:55 2015] : Hildy: "Bread is 'proven', to make it rise"
[Wed Sep 30 20:48:02 2015] : DM: Nightjar leads to some spartan guest quarters, points you in the direction of the Proving Tunnel entrance and hands you a basic map (see above).
[Wed Sep 30 20:48:21 2015] : Hildy: Rest: Regain 9 HP. [Wed Sep 30 20:48:39 2015] : Koro: "Then your bread must be strange indeed. Bread that floats in the air? I am happy with mine on a plate."
[Wed Sep 30 20:48:49 2015] : Hildy: ooc no map here
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:04 2015] : Akiak: ooc you don't see the amazing map?
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:05 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I can see it
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:08 2015] : Akiak: ooc crap
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:17 2015] : Akiak: ooc it's fancy!
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:30 2015] : Hildy: ooc I'll try exiting and re-entering
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:39 2015] : Hildy (exit): 20:49
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:42 2015] : Hildy (enter): 20:49
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:55 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (19) Hildy...
[Wed Sep 30 20:49:58 2015] : Hildy (exit): 20:49
[Wed Sep 30 20:50:10 2015] : Hildy (enter): 20:50
[Wed Sep 30 20:50:28 2015] : Hildy: ooc still no map
[Wed Sep 30 20:50:47 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (21) Hildy...
[Wed Sep 30 20:50:51 2015] : DM: Any change?
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:01 2015] : Hildy: ooc I now have gridlines
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:18 2015] : DM: What version are you using?
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:29 2015] : Hildy: 1.94.2
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:44 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I'm on 1.94.1
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:50 2015] : DM: That version is buggy. Downgrade to 1.94.1
[Wed Sep 30 20:51:56 2015] : Hildy: ok
[Wed Sep 30 20:52:02 2015] : DM: (I've fixed it and I really should release it...)
[Wed Sep 30 20:52:02 2015] : Hildy (exit): 20:52
[Wed Sep 30 20:52:33 2015] : DM: Koro, you can see the map, yes?
[Wed Sep 30 20:52:56 2015] : Koro: yes
[Wed Sep 30 20:52:58 2015] : Koro: ooc sorry
[Wed Sep 30 20:53:23 2015] : Akiak: ooc 1.94.1 here indeed
[Wed Sep 30 20:53:37 2015] : Hildy (enter): 20:53
[Wed Sep 30 20:53:44 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (22) Hildy...
[Wed Sep 30 20:53:54 2015] : Hildy: ooc Aha, a map!
[Wed Sep 30 20:54:03 2015] : DM: ooc cool
[Wed Sep 30 20:54:25 2015] : DM: ooc I'll let you plan a bit. Let me know when you're ready to start
[Wed Sep 30 20:55:19 2015] : Akiak: ooc brb need chocolate
[Wed Sep 30 20:55:21 2015] : Koro: "Our first task, it seems, is to climb this wall. Then we have a short rest, before we must swim. The climb, perhaps I should lead; I think it comes more naturally to me."
[Wed Sep 30 20:55:58 2015] : Koro: "Are any of you... enthusiastic swimmers?"
[Wed Sep 30 20:56:32 2015] : Vaddyn: "I have a spell that will help me swim"
[Wed Sep 30 20:56:52 2015] : DM: ooc you can use any means to get through, spells, skills, etc.
[Wed Sep 30 20:57:03 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Alter Self
[Wed Sep 30 20:57:29 2015] : Koro: "But I think we must all pass."
[Wed Sep 30 20:57:32 2015] : Akiak: ooc start is at the bottom?
[Wed Sep 30 20:58:01 2015] : Koro: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 30 20:58:02 2015] : DM: ooc Start is on the left, there is a top down view and a side view of the tunnels.
[Wed Sep 30 20:58:04 2015] : Akiak: ooc ah no sorry, hadn't seen the side/top thing
[Wed Sep 30 20:58:24 2015] : Hildy: "The water will not be a problem... My free movement field will allow us all to pass"
[Wed Sep 30 20:58:26 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps I could trail a rope and attach it at the other end"
[Wed Sep 30 20:59:07 2015] : Akiak: akiak seems relieved as Hilday says that
[Wed Sep 30 20:59:29 2015] : Hildy: "If you can hold your breath for 130 feet of normal walking"
[Wed Sep 30 20:59:46 2015] : Akiak: 'I should be able to do that I hope. BUt I'm frail and all"
[Wed Sep 30 21:00:13 2015] : Koro: "I confess I prefer not to swim. There is more life in the river than I care to deal with in person."
[Wed Sep 30 21:00:40 2015] : Akiak: "I can probably do the beam thing without much problem. Depending whether there are traps about it or not"
[Wed Sep 30 21:00:45 2015] : Koro: "But at least we have a plan. For the first two obstacles."
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:06 2015] : Koro: "The beam, also, will not be difficult for me. How do we help those of us in armour?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:07 2015] : Akiak: "I could take a rope across so the less agile of us can help themselves with it?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:25 2015] : Koro: "It would be a good safety aid, I agree."
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:27 2015] : Vaddyn: "Do we know what is at the bottom of the pit?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:55 2015] : DM: No
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:57 2015] : Hildy: "Who amongst us is strongest?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:01:57 2015] : Akiak: "Good question, that's probably something we need to find out before we venture on the beam"
[Wed Sep 30 21:03:04 2015] : Koro: "If you mean sheer ability to lift, then I venture to suggest myself as a candidate."
[Wed Sep 30 21:03:07 2015] : Hildy: "I will give them the free movement spell, so that they can operate independently of my field"
[Wed Sep 30 21:03:25 2015] : Hildy: Freedom of Movement *: Level 4 - You or a creature you touch move and attack normally for the duration of the spell (works vs. grapple, web etc.; Duration: 90 minutes).
[Wed Sep 30 21:03:26 2015] : Akiak: "Well, that definitely wouldn't be me"
[Wed Sep 30 21:03:52 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 30 21:04:07 2015] : Akiak: Akiak fumbles in her bag
[Wed Sep 30 21:04:34 2015] : Akiak: "I actually bought a potion of spider climb a few days ago. This should help for the first wall"
[Wed Sep 30 21:04:44 2015] : Koro: "It is, perhaps, the last two chambers that concern me most. The first is merely a room; the second has a small pit."
[Wed Sep 30 21:04:53 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, it looks like the water is in a 5 foot high passage, some of us will have to stoop, but we should still pass as though walking in through a normal tunnel"
[Wed Sep 30 21:05:15 2015] : Koro: "Wait, Akiak, before you try that. If I climb with a rope, I should be able to lift each of you in turn."
[Wed Sep 30 21:05:21 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Sep 30 21:05:28 2015] : Koro: "If there is a problem, then perhaps we use your potion."
[Wed Sep 30 21:05:39 2015] : Hildy: ooc were we given the plan before we rested?
[Wed Sep 30 21:05:47 2015] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 30 21:06:07 2015] : Hildy: "I can solve the first problem with a spell"
[Wed Sep 30 21:06:52 2015] : Akiak: "Koro, that works for me"
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:01 2015] : Vaddyn: "Koro, take this ring. It will help you should you fall"
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:05 2015] : Akiak: ooc what class are you again?
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:10 2015] : Koro: "Thank you. Shall we begin?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:13 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc ring of featherfall
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:19 2015] : Koro: ooc brawler - like a fighter/monk hybrid
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:28 2015] : Akiak: ooc ah I remember now
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:31 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn slips a ring off his finger and gives it to Koro
[Wed Sep 30 21:07:49 2015] : Koro: Koro slips the ring on his finger, then leaps high into the air, and laughs as he drifts down.
[Wed Sep 30 21:08:59 2015] : Koro: ooc ready? I am.
[Wed Sep 30 21:09:55 2015] : Hildy: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:02 2015] : Vaddyn: "No time like the present"
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:05 2015] : Hildy: "I have a plan for the pit room"
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:13 2015] : Vaddyn: "Care to share it?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:30 2015] : Akiak: ooc brb Emma calls
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:31 2015] : Hildy: "I can make us all walk on the air as if it were land"
[Wed Sep 30 21:10:52 2015] : Vaddyn: "Nice"
[Wed Sep 30 21:11:46 2015] : Koro: "That will be very helpful."
[Wed Sep 30 21:13:05 2015] : Koro: ooc ready to begin when Delphine's back?
[Wed Sep 30 21:15:04 2015] : Akiak: ooc back
[Wed Sep 30 21:15:34 2015] : Raven: Ready to start the Proving?
[Wed Sep 30 21:15:36 2015] : Koro: Yes
[Wed Sep 30 21:17:03 2015] : Akiak: "It seems we are. Can we ask questions?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:17:14 2015] : Raven: No
[Wed Sep 30 21:17:18 2015] : Akiak: "OK"
[Wed Sep 30 21:17:33 2015] : Hildy: "I was a little uncertain about holding my breath, so I have also prepared a spell to allow us all to breathe underwater"
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:01 2015] : Koro: Koro takes a rope, and begins to climb
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:14 2015] : Koro: Climb: [1d20(18) + 17] = 35
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:24 2015] : DM: The wall is 50 ft high and made of brick.
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:40 2015] : DM: Koro easily starts the climb.
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:45 2015] : DM: Another climb check.
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:50 2015] : Koro: Climb: [1d20(12) + 17] = 29
[Wed Sep 30 21:18:58 2015] : DM: Koro reaches the top.
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:11 2015] : DM: ooc sorry, your mini still says A.
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:17 2015] : Koro: "That was not too bad."
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:21 2015] : Koro: ooc no problem :)
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:40 2015] : DM: You hear the rushing of the fast following water in the tunnels ahead
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:44 2015] : Koro: Koro lowers one end of the rope, ready to pull the others up.
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:46 2015] : Akiak: ooc oh, I only see my mini
[Wed Sep 30 21:19:57 2015] : Akiak: ooc I suppose that's not normal?
[Wed Sep 30 21:20:08 2015] : Hildy: ooc I see 4 minis
[Wed Sep 30 21:20:28 2015] : Akiak: ooc brb then
[Wed Sep 30 21:20:32 2015] : Akiak (exit): 21:20
[Wed Sep 30 21:20:49 2015] : Akiak (enter): 21:20
[Wed Sep 30 21:20:58 2015] : Akiak: ooc yep, that fixed it
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:18 2015] : Hildy: Hildy shouts up
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:33 2015] : Hildy: "Koro, I warn you that I am terrible at climbing"
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:35 2015] : Koro: "Take the rope! I will lift you!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:49 2015] : Hildy: "Who is next?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:53 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (23) Akiak...
[Wed Sep 30 21:21:56 2015] : Koro: ooc strength 22 has to be good for something, right? :)
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:09 2015] : Akiak: "Akiak takes the rope"
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:11 2015] : Akiak: "I'll go"
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:24 2015] : DM: Climb check and Str check from Koro
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:33 2015] : Akiak: ooc I'l m a halfling, he probably lifts me up in a sec ;))
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:39 2015] : Akiak: Climb: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12 (add 2 with climber's kit)
[Wed Sep 30 21:22:53 2015] : Akiak: ooc or not lol*
[Wed Sep 30 21:23:28 2015] : Hildy: ooc Hildy + gear = 173 lbs
[Wed Sep 30 21:23:47 2015] : Koro: STR: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:11 2015] : Koro: ooc Max light load = 173 lbs
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:21 2015] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:27 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc well
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:28 2015] : DM: Koro easily assists Akiak up
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:41 2015] : Koro: ooc I wanted to use the 19 on Hildy :-p
[Wed Sep 30 21:24:59 2015] : Koro: Koro tosses the ring down to Vaddyn, to use next
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:13 2015] : Akiak: "Thanks"
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thanks"
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:18 2015] : Koro: ooc does a ring of feather falling fall like a feather? Or like a ring?
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:29 2015] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:37 2015] : DM: The ring drifts slowly downwards.
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:38 2015] : Akiak: ooc I can help Koro I suppose? Not that this will help much?
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:43 2015] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 30 21:25:50 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn slips the ring back on and ties the the end of the rope round his waist
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Here I come"
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:07 2015] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:17 2015] : Koro: STR: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:41 2015] : Koro: ooc with the ring, there's no peril - so can we effectively take 20?
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:53 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc pretty much
[Wed Sep 30 21:26:59 2015] : DM: Koro lets the rope slip and Vaddyn drifts down slowly to try again..
[Wed Sep 30 21:27:06 2015] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Sep 30 21:27:09 2015] : DM: After a short while everyone makes it the top.
[Wed Sep 30 21:27:34 2015] : Hildy: "Well, that was a change to the last time!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:27:44 2015] : Hildy: "Go team!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:27:51 2015] : DM: The water in the tunnel is a turbulent torrent, racing through a metal grill just below the ladder down into the water.
[Wed Sep 30 21:28:14 2015] : Hildy: "OK, I suggest that Koro scouts ahead after I have cast the breathing spell"
[Wed Sep 30 21:28:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thats a pretty fierce flow"
[Wed Sep 30 21:28:27 2015] : Hildy: Water Breathing: Level 3 - Touched creatures are transmuted and can breathe water freely. Duration 18 hours divided by recipients.
[Wed Sep 30 21:28:34 2015] : Koro: "That will work for me."
[Wed Sep 30 21:28:50 2015] : Hildy: ooc Koro already has the freedom of movement spell
[Wed Sep 30 21:29:17 2015] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Sep 30 21:29:43 2015] : Koro: Koro climbs down the ladder, and experiences the strange feeling of water flowing smoothly into and out of his lungs. It is not pleasant.
[Wed Sep 30 21:30:03 2015] : Koro: ooc moving through the water, unless there's any hostile lifeforms
[Wed Sep 30 21:30:09 2015] : Koro: ooc or unlife-forms, etc.
[Wed Sep 30 21:31:05 2015] : DM: You move easily through the water, the flow parting around you as if it wasn't there. After some turn you reach another grate and ladder out.
[Wed Sep 30 21:31:14 2015] : DM: There is nothing hostile in the water.
[Wed Sep 30 21:31:52 2015] : Koro: Koro returns and briefs the others
[Wed Sep 30 21:32:03 2015] : Koro: "It is safe. Come, follow; we will soon be through this tunnel."
[Wed Sep 30 21:32:14 2015] : Hildy: "OK, thst doesn't sound any more complex than anticipated"
[Wed Sep 30 21:32:48 2015] : Koro: ooc everyone following?
[Wed Sep 30 21:32:50 2015] : Hildy: I will drop into the water after Koro, you should all follow after me"
[Wed Sep 30 21:32:58 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok"
[Wed Sep 30 21:33:05 2015] : Hildy: Liberation: You can move normally regardless of effects that impede movement, as if you were affected by Freedom of Movement. This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies.
[Wed Sep 30 21:33:41 2015] : Hildy: Hildy waits for signs of Vaddyn and Akiak
[Wed Sep 30 21:34:01 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn jumps into the torrent
[Wed Sep 30 21:34:02 2015] : Hildy: Freedom's Call (Su): Hildy emits a 30-foot aura of freedom. All confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken conditions are suppressed for allies while in the aura. (standard action; maintain = free action) (8 rounds remaining).
[Wed Sep 30 21:34:43 2015] : Akiak: Akiak does not look very comfortable, but she follows nonetheless
[Wed Sep 30 21:35:09 2015] : DM: With the aid of Hildy's magic it takes no time to walk through the tunnel and out the otherside.
[Wed Sep 30 21:35:33 2015] : Koro: "I suggest we avoid breathing water if we can. It is strange and unpleasant. Much better to drink it, I feel."
[Wed Sep 30 21:35:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Splth. That was horrible!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:35:54 2015] : Hildy: Freedom's Call (Su): Hildy maintains the 30-foot aura of freedom. All confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken conditions are suppressed for allies while in the aura. (maintain = free action) (7 rounds remaining).
[Wed Sep 30 21:36:25 2015] : Hildy: ooc 2 rounds of each power used up
[Wed Sep 30 21:36:58 2015] : DM: ooc I make it 3 rounds to traverse the water tunnel at 30 ft speed.
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:10 2015] : Koro: "So, how do we handle this beam? Walking carefully, I think, there will be no trouble; yet that green sludge is not appealing."
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:15 2015] : Koro: ooc are you timing us now?! :-p
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:15 2015] : Hildy: ooc OK DM
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:23 2015] : Hildy: Freedom's Call (Su): Hildy emits a 30-foot aura of freedom. All confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken conditions are suppressed for allies while in the aura. (standard action; maintain = free action) (6 rounds remaining).
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:47 2015] : Hildy: ooc sorry, I meant to 'preview' that, but accidentally sent it again!
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:47 2015] : DM: As you reach the ledge in the next room you see two clockwork mechanical crossbow turrets on the opposite ledge. The whirr and click...
[Wed Sep 30 21:37:51 2015] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:01 2015] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:07 2015] : Akiak: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:14 2015] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:15 2015] : Akiak: "Ah. Damn."
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:26 2015] : Koro: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:28 2015] : DM: [1d20(13) + 10] = 23
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:29 2015] : Koro: ooc boom!
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:41 2015] : Akiak: ooc don't use up your good dice for initiative!
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:44 2015] : Akiak: ooc ;)
[Wed Sep 30 21:38:51 2015] : Koro: ooc I'm hiding the grey one.
[Wed Sep 30 21:39:48 2015] : DM: Looking down into the pit you see it the bottom is filled with a slimy, thick mud. It doesn't look very pleasant.
[Wed Sep 30 21:39:53 2015] : DM: Koko?
[Wed Sep 30 21:40:35 2015] : DM: Koro, sorry!
[Wed Sep 30 21:40:46 2015] : Hildy: "So, what's with the crossbows?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:40:55 2015] : Koro: Koro runs out onto the beam, trying to cross before the turrets can fire
[Wed Sep 30 21:41:01 2015] : Koro: ooc this might be a bad idea...
[Wed Sep 30 21:41:01 2015] : DM: Acrobatics
[Wed Sep 30 21:41:15 2015] : Koro: Acrobatics: [1d20(8) + 17] = 25
[Wed Sep 30 21:41:39 2015] : Koro: ooc is that to move at full speed or half speed?
[Wed Sep 30 21:42:08 2015] : DM: ooc you can choose... full speed is obviously harder.
[Wed Sep 30 21:42:29 2015] : Koro: ooc full speed
[Wed Sep 30 21:43:01 2015] : DM: Koro runs across the beam, it looks like he nearly loses his balance at one point but he does make it.
[Wed Sep 30 21:43:17 2015] : DM: ooc just!
[Wed Sep 30 21:43:50 2015] : DM: Perception check
[Wed Sep 30 21:43:55 2015] : Koro: ooc done - I think that's a 60' long beam (must be some very stiff material if it's supporting its own weight)
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:05 2015] : Koro: [1d20(14) + 13] = 27
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:27 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc or its magical
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:30 2015] : DM: You notice that the turrent have switches on them. They are currently in the "On" position.
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:50 2015] : DM: The turrets fire at Koro
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:53 2015] : DM: Rapid Fire Turret: [1d20(8) + 22] = 30; Hit: [1d10(2) + 4] = 6 damage.
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:54 2015] : DM: Rapid Fire Turret: [1d20(16) + 22] = 38; Hit: [1d10(6) + 4] = 10 damage.
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:55 2015] : DM: Rapid Fire Turret: [1d20(15) + 22] = 37; Hit: [1d10(8) + 4] = 12 damage.
[Wed Sep 30 21:44:56 2015] : DM: Rapid Fire Turret: [1d20(6) + 22] = 28; Hit: [1d10(10) + 4] = 14 damage.
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:04 2015] : Koro: "Switches!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:08 2015] : Akiak: ooc ouch
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:08 2015] : Hildy: ooc holy shit!
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:31 2015] : Koro: ooc AC is 29
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:41 2015] : DM: 3 hits for [6 + 10 + 12] = 28 damage
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:51 2015] : DM: and a reflex save since you're still on the beam.
[Wed Sep 30 21:45:52 2015] : Koro: "I think I distracted them!"
[Wed Sep 30 21:46:02 2015] : Koro: ooc isn't it an acrobatics check/
[Wed Sep 30 21:46:06 2015] : DM: ooc or that
[Wed Sep 30 21:46:24 2015] : Koro: [1d20(20) + 17] = 37
[Wed Sep 30 21:46:35 2015] : Koro: ooc that's what you use a 20 for :)
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:06 2015] : DM: Koro keeps his balance even as he dodges the forth bolt.
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:12 2015] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:26 2015] : Akiak: Akiak uses one point of ki - Ki points remaining 6 out of 7
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:39 2015] : Akiak: Akiak turns invisible
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:42 2015] : Hildy: "I'm staying here for now"
[Wed Sep 30 21:47:50 2015] : Akiak: "Yes, do"
[Wed Sep 30 21:48:42 2015] : Akiak: And runs the length of the beam to the turrets to meet Koro
[Wed Sep 30 21:48:50 2015] : Akiak: Acrobatics: [1d20(8) + 20] = 28
[Wed Sep 30 21:49:14 2015] : Akiak: before she starts on the beam, she tells the others to stay put
[Wed Sep 30 21:49:22 2015] : DM: Akiak runs aross the beam
[Wed Sep 30 21:49:30 2015] : Vaddyn: "Looks like Koro and Akiak have this in hand"
[Wed Sep 30 21:50:14 2015] : DM: ooc done?
[Wed Sep 30 21:50:48 2015] : Akiak: done if I can't reach the on/off buttons, yes.
[Wed Sep 30 21:50:55 2015] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Sep 30 21:51:44 2015] : Hildy: Hildy retreats down the corridor and raises his shield in defense
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:01 2015] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:04 2015] : Koro: ooc dragons call you a coward if you do that :-p
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:05 2015] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:14 2015] : Hildy: "Get behind me for now Vaddyn"
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:15 2015] : DM: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:33 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn backs down the tunnel
[Wed Sep 30 21:52:49 2015] : Hildy: ooc Total defence action for me (+4 ac)
[Wed Sep 30 21:53:08 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn waves the wand and a shimmering shield appears granting +4 AC for 1 minute.
[Wed Sep 30 21:53:10 2015] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Sep 30 21:53:11 2015] : DM: Koro?
[Wed Sep 30 21:53:25 2015] : Koro: ooc what action to flip the switch?
[Wed Sep 30 21:53:32 2015] : Koro: ooc and do I believe the switch? :-p
[Wed Sep 30 21:54:10 2015] : DM: The switches are awkward to reach and will take a move action.
[Wed Sep 30 21:54:19 2015] : Koro: Koro dives for the switch on the left turret
[Wed Sep 30 21:54:30 2015] : Koro: ooc 5-ft step and a move action to flip the switch
[Wed Sep 30 21:54:47 2015] : DM: *whirrroooo......* the turrent powers down
[Wed Sep 30 21:55:09 2015] : Koro: Koro steps into the tunnel, out of the line of fire
[Wed Sep 30 21:55:19 2015] : Koro: ooc done
[Wed Sep 30 21:56:06 2015] : DM: ooc technically you can't 5ft step and move in the same turn, but I'll alllow it here.
[Wed Sep 30 21:56:30 2015] : Koro: ooc good point - thanks, though :)
[Wed Sep 30 21:56:31 2015] : DM: The turret whirrs back and forth, seeking a target.
[Wed Sep 30 21:56:55 2015] : DM: ooc basically I see no reason why you can't split a move to flip a switch in the middle.
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:08 2015] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:23 2015] : Akiak: Akiak does the same to the right turret and reappears as she does so
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:34 2015] : DM: The 2nd turret also powers down.
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:42 2015] : Hildy: ooc it's not an atack, so you're still invisible
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:51 2015] : Akiak: ooc oh, ok.
[Wed Sep 30 21:57:55 2015] : Hildy: ooc attack
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:00 2015] : Akiak: ooc Akiak never reappeared ;)
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:21 2015] : Vaddyn: "Its gone a bit quite out there"
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:26 2015] : DM: ooc end of rounds. Hildy and Vaddyn how are you getting across?
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:29 2015] : Hildy: "How confident are you about that beam Vaddyn?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:39 2015] : Akiak: "Ah right, I forgot about this"
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hmmm"
[Wed Sep 30 21:58:52 2015] : Akiak: "Want me to bring a rope across?"
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:10 2015] : Hildy: "We can air walk across. I memorised the spell, and we may as well use it"
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:12 2015] : Koro: "Perhaps a rope would help. We could anchor it to one of the turrets."
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:25 2015] : Hildy: "We may find it useful in the next challenges too"
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:30 2015] : Akiak: "we might needtwo ropes tied together"
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:36 2015] : Hildy: Air Walk (communal): Level 5 - The subjects can tread on air as if walking on solid ground.; Duration: 90 minutes divided by recipients.
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:37 2015] : Akiak: "Or that"
[Wed Sep 30 21:59:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets go then Hildy"
[Wed Sep 30 22:00:06 2015] : Hildy: Hildy steps into the air, and walks across the gap
[Wed Sep 30 22:00:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "This is even wierder than the water"
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:07 2015] : DM: The next room is empty, with large stone flags and a brick walls and arched roof, like the rest of the tunnels.
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:29 2015] : Koro: "I suspect there is a trap here. Or some invisible foe. It is not like our friends to make this easy."
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:45 2015] : Akiak: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:48 2015] : Akiak: "Let me see"
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:51 2015] : Vaddyn: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Wed Sep 30 22:01:53 2015] : Hildy: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magical auras within 60ft
[Wed Sep 30 22:02:07 2015] : DM: Nothing magical
[Wed Sep 30 22:02:37 2015] : Koro: ooc perception, from our ninja? :)
[Wed Sep 30 22:03:30 2015] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(15) + 14] = 29
[Wed Sep 30 22:04:17 2015] : Akiak: Looking around from afar, and using my Light Steps to enter the room while looking for traps and such
[Wed Sep 30 22:04:38 2015] : Akiak: "At 6th level, a ninja learns to move while barely touching the surface underneath her. As a full-round action, she can move up to twice her speed, ignoring difficult terrain. While moving in this way, any surface will support her, no matter how much she weighs. This allows her to move across water, lava, or even the thinnest tree branches. She must end her move on a surface that can support her normally. She cannot move across air in this way, nor can she walk up walls or other vertical surfaces. When moving in this way, she does not take damage from surfaces or hazards that react to being touched, such as lava or caltrops, nor does she need to make Acrobatics checks to avoid falling on slippery or rough surfaces. Finally, when using light steps, the ninja ignores any mechanical traps that use a location-based trigger.
[Wed Sep 30 22:05:07 2015] : Akiak: ooc or doesn't that work on normal ground? It shouild lol
[Wed Sep 30 22:05:32 2015] : Hildy: ooc the last bit is the relevant bit for traps on normal ground
[Wed Sep 30 22:05:40 2015] : Akiak: ooc yeah, thought so
[Wed Sep 30 22:05:52 2015] : Akiak: "Haha!"
[Wed Sep 30 22:05:56 2015] : Akiak: "Here it is"
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:18 2015] : Akiak: Akiak moves away from the center of the room and points
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:26 2015] : Akiak: "I suspect a pressure sensitive trap thing"
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:31 2015] : Akiak: "Let's see"
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "I still can't see it"
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:47 2015] : DM: Disable device check
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:48 2015] : Vaddyn: "Can we go around it?"
[Wed Sep 30 22:06:51 2015] : Koro: "Do you know what it does? Of should we simply bypass it?"
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:10 2015] : Akiak: "Let me try and understand it"
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:11 2015] : Hildy: "If you want to set it off, to see what it is, perhaps vaddyn could summon a small beast?
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:12 2015] : Akiak: Disable device: [1d20(12) + 20] = 32
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:27 2015] : Akiak: Trying to find and understand the mechanism
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:31 2015] : Koro: ooc is summoning monsters into a trap an evil act?
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:35 2015] : DM: Akiak locks the pressure plate mechanism so it doesn't trigger and is safe to walk on.
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:47 2015] : Hildy: ooc not if you summon an evil monster??
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:51 2015] : Akiak: "There, it should be ok. Just don't go through the center"
[Wed Sep 30 22:07:53 2015] : Akiak: "Just in case"
[Wed Sep 30 22:08:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "I dont think so. Its not like they actually get hurt"
[Wed Sep 30 22:08:29 2015] : Hildy: Hildy walks through the room 5 feet above the floor, just in case
[Wed Sep 30 22:08:44 2015] : Koro: Koro skirts the trap
[Wed Sep 30 22:09:08 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows Hildys lead
[Wed Sep 30 22:10:05 2015] : DM: The next room has sets of steps leading into a lowered area with two alcoves.
[Wed Sep 30 22:10:34 2015] : Hildy: ooc 1, 3 and 4
[Wed Sep 30 22:10:38 2015] : DM: In the alcoves are two large pottery statues
[Wed Sep 30 22:10:58 2015] : DM: Knowledge: Arcana checks
[Wed Sep 30 22:10:58 2015] : Koro: "I suspect they are rather dangerous."
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:11 2015] : Akiak: "I'm not liking this one bit either"
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:20 2015] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:20 2015] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll [Wed Sep 30 22:11:22 2015] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: LoreMaster: [10 + 9] = 19
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:34 2015] : Akiak: "Trying to spot the more down to earth traps"
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:41 2015] : Akiak: "Just in case"
[Wed Sep 30 22:11:48 2015] : DM: This room appears to be clear of traps
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:11 2015] : DM: Vaddyn the statues aren't familar to you.
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:32 2015] : Hildy: Sanctuary: Level 1 - Hildy wards a creature from attacks. (Duration: 9 rounds; DC 17 Will save to attack)
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:32 2015] : Hildy: Sanctuary: Level 1 - Hildy wards a creature from attacks. (Duration: 9 rounds; DC 17 Will save to attack)
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:39 2015] : Koro: "Hildy, might I trouble you for some healing, please?"
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:40 2015] : Hildy: ooc node typing!
[Wed Sep 30 22:12:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "They dont mean anything to me"
[Wed Sep 30 22:13:09 2015] : Akiak: ooc they are red! With circles! They're evil! I know it!
[Wed Sep 30 22:13:19 2015] : Cerndrik: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [5d6(3,3,6,5,2)] = 19 HP healing.
[Wed Sep 30 22:13:50 2015] : Cerndrik: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(1) + 5] = 6 HP
[Wed Sep 30 22:13:56 2015] : Koro: "Thank you!"
[Wed Sep 30 22:14:11 2015] : DM: ooc where did Cerndrik come from?
[Wed Sep 30 22:14:21 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Sep 30 22:14:25 2015] : Hildy: ooc I pressed F2 to change a node name
[Wed Sep 30 22:15:03 2015] : Koro: "Shall we walk out, then, and be ready if they attack?"
[Wed Sep 30 22:15:21 2015] : Koro: "I shall wait; I can bring them down quickly if you encounter trouble."
[Wed Sep 30 22:16:16 2015] : Hildy: Detect Evil: Level 1 - Detect Evil in 60ft cone while concentrating for up to 9 minutes
[Wed Sep 30 22:16:30 2015] : Vaddyn: "Dont be too confident Koro"
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:20 2015] : DM: The statues are not evil
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:24 2015] : Hildy: Hildy steps into the room and rises to 10 feet up, scanning the statues
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:30 2015] : Koro: "I have an idea for what would help."
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:36 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn places a hand on Koros shoulder and casts a spell
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:38 2015] : Vaddyn: Blur - Level 2 - Subject touched becomes blurred and gains 20% concealment for 9 minutes
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:39 2015] : DM: The statues stir into life as you enter the room.
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:42 2015] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:46 2015] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(4) + -1] = 3
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:47 2015] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:54 2015] : Koro: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13
[Wed Sep 30 22:17:56 2015] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Sep 30 22:18:44 2015] : Akiak: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 8] = 19
[Wed Sep 30 22:19:12 2015] : Hildy: ooc I don't have a Hildy mini in my flexi
[Wed Sep 30 22:19:44 2015] : DM: ooc I really need to improve the miniature handling -- its really rubbish
[Wed Sep 30 22:19:49 2015] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Sep 30 22:19:55 2015] : Akiak: ooc this has to be some kind of alliteration
[Wed Sep 30 22:20:03 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Sep 30 22:20:09 2015] : Akiak: "I don't have a Hildy Mini in my FLexi! lalalala"
[Wed Sep 30 22:20:18 2015] : Akiak: ooc sorry, this should have been ooc
[Wed Sep 30 22:20:29 2015] : Vaddyn: Grease: Level 1 - Covers a 10 foot square within 45 feet with grease for 9 rounds. DC 18 reflex save for all within the area, or fall prone. SR: No.
[Wed Sep 30 22:21:00 2015] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed Sep 30 22:21:02 2015] : Vaddyn: Placed under H
[Wed Sep 30 22:21:06 2015] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Sep 30 22:21:15 2015] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Sep 30 22:22:26 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc what is the stretched T?
[Wed Sep 30 22:22:36 2015] : Akiak: Akiak uses one point of ki - Ki points remaining 5 out of 7
[Wed Sep 30 22:22:48 2015] : DM: ooc Hildy floating
[Wed Sep 30 22:22:54 2015] : Akiak: Akiak disappears and gets into the room to take a look
[Wed Sep 30 22:22:55 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc ahh
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:13 2015] : Hildy: ooc hence my comment about a Hildy mini
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:15 2015] : Akiak: done
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:24 2015] : DM: Koro?
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:32 2015] : Koro: Koro shifts his skill, and gains the benefit of two feats ready to act
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:36 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I completely missed that entire exchange
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:47 2015] : Koro: ooc gaining Pummelling Style and Pumelling Charge for 1 minute.
[Wed Sep 30 22:23:57 2015] : Koro: Koro takes a defensive stance
[Wed Sep 30 22:24:17 2015] : Koro: ooc standard action to "fight defensively" - like a half version of Total Defense?
[Wed Sep 30 22:24:27 2015] : Koro: ooc also stepping down the steps
[Wed Sep 30 22:24:29 2015] : Koro: done
[Wed Sep 30 22:24:34 2015] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Sep 30 22:24:46 2015] : Hildy: Blessing of Fervour: Level 4 - You grant a boon to up to 9 creatures, no 2 of which can be more than 30 feet apart. (Range: 47 feet; Duration: 9 rounds).
Each round, recipients can choose: