Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 9 20:08:39 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 9 20:09:14 2015] : DM: You're drifting downstream on a river barge, hired on as guards on the way to the city.
[Wed Sep 9 20:09:51 2015] : DM: It's late a night when you're woken by shouts of alarm. One of the crew, lantern in hand is point out across the dark waters.
[Wed Sep 9 20:10:18 2015] : Hildy: ooc we've not rested since the fight with the lady?
[Wed Sep 9 20:10:46 2015] : DM: ooc you've had enough rest on the barge
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:34 2015] : DM: A broad body of a creature surfaces and then sinks below the water.
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:43 2015] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:46 2015] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:47 2015] : Andrei: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 9] = 23
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:50 2015] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Sep 9 20:11:51 2015] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Sep 9 20:12:51 2015] : DM: Andrei?
[Wed Sep 9 20:13:19 2015] : Andrei: Andrei looks at the animal and tries to identify it
[Wed Sep 9 20:13:22 2015] : Andrei: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(15) + 19] = 34
[Wed Sep 9 20:13:37 2015] : Andrei: Andrei waits for the opportune moment
[Wed Sep 9 20:13:57 2015] : Andrei: ooc ready an action to cast a spell when the creature is next visible above the water.
[Wed Sep 9 20:14:09 2015] : Andrei: "Giant squid! Beware tentacles!"
[Wed Sep 9 20:14:13 2015] : Andrei: ooc done
[Wed Sep 9 20:14:21 2015] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Sep 9 20:14:30 2015] : Hildy: Summon Monster V: Level 5 - Hildy begins a Summon spell.
[Wed Sep 9 20:14:37 2015] : Hildy: Done
[Wed Sep 9 20:15:10 2015] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Sep 9 20:15:13 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Sep 9 20:15:34 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn readies himself for it surfacing again
[Wed Sep 9 20:15:35 2015] : Vaddyn: done
[Wed Sep 9 20:16:19 2015] : Giant Squid: The boat rocks violently.
[Wed Sep 9 20:16:24 2015] : Giant Squid: Reflex saves.
[Wed Sep 9 20:16:29 2015] : Vaddyn: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 10] = 22
[Wed Sep 9 20:17:25 2015] : Hildy: ooc I texted Del... She forgot it was Wednesday and was about to go to bed! She's not joining us.
[Wed Sep 9 20:17:42 2015] : Hildy: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19
[Wed Sep 9 20:17:43 2015] : Andrei: ooc lost my saves node - one min
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:03 2015] : Andrei: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:23 2015] : Giant Squid: You all keep your footing as the squid rams the barge.
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:24 2015] : Hildy: ooc +5 for a level 9 rogue?
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:36 2015] : Andrei: ooc wrong character name!
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:41 2015] : Hildy: ooc D'oh! Wizard
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:45 2015] : Artur: ooc :)
[Wed Sep 9 20:18:47 2015] : Giant Squid: Readied actions Andrei and Vaddyn?
[Wed Sep 9 20:19:07 2015] : Artur: Scorching Ray: Reach spell. Range = 200ft.
Ranged touch attack [1d20(2) + 7] = 9 deals [4d6(3,5,1,6) + 8] = 23 fire damage.
Second ray: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11 to hit, [4d6(2,1,1,3) + 8] = 15 damage.
Third ray: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13 to hit, [4d6(5,2,6,4) + 8] = 25 damage.

[Wed Sep 9 20:19:17 2015] : Vaddyn: Slow : Level 3 - 9 creatures within 45 feet are slowed Will save (DC 18) . SR:Yes Creatures affected by this spell are staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for decreased speed
[Wed Sep 9 20:19:39 2015] : Giant Squid: One ray misses.
[Wed Sep 9 20:20:18 2015] : Giant Squid: Will: [1d20(13) + 14] = 27
[Wed Sep 9 20:20:47 2015] : Giant Squid: Will: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Sep 9 20:20:56 2015] : Giant Squid: It is not slowed
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:07 2015] : Hildy: ooc I thought +14 seemed high :-)
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:13 2015] : Giant Squid: Tentacles lash out at Hildy
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:15 2015] : Giant Squid: Tentacle: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14; Hit: [4d6(1,6,4,5) + 3] = 19 damage. And grab.
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:22 2015] : Hildy: Miss
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:44 2015] : Giant Squid: Grapple: [1d20(4) + 22] = 26
[Wed Sep 9 20:21:56 2015] : Giant Squid: Artur?
[Wed Sep 9 20:22:03 2015] : Artur: ooc doesn't it have to hit in order to grapple?
[Wed Sep 9 20:22:07 2015] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 9 20:22:17 2015] : Artur: Artur takes aim and hurls some more rays of fire
[Wed Sep 9 20:22:20 2015] : Artur: Scorching Ray: Reach spell. Range = 200ft.
Ranged touch attack [1d20(15) + 7] = 22 deals [4d6(1,1,2,4) + 8] = 16 fire damage.
Second ray: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16 to hit, [4d6(4,3,4,5) + 8] = 24 damage.
Third ray: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12 to hit, [4d6(2,4,1,6) + 8] = 21 damage.

[Wed Sep 9 20:22:39 2015] : Artur: "Burn! Sea creature should not be in river!"
[Wed Sep 9 20:22:41 2015] : Artur: ooc done
[Wed Sep 9 20:23:10 2015] : DM: Artur sears the squid.
[Wed Sep 9 20:23:13 2015] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Sep 9 20:23:26 2015] : Hildy: ooc mmmm
[Wed Sep 9 20:23:38 2015] : Hildy: Large Water Elemental: Hildy completes his Summon Monster V spell - Large Water Elemental (AC 18; HP 84; CMB +16; CMD 29; Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +2; speed: walk 20, swim 90; Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Attack). Lasts for 9 rounds
[Wed Sep 9 20:24:14 2015] : Hildy: Slam: Small Air Elemental: [1d20(16) + 9] = 25; Damage: [1d6(6) + 5] = 11 HP
[Wed Sep 9 20:24:16 2015] : Hildy: Slam: Small Air Elemental: [1d20(10) + 9] = 19; Damage: [1d6(5) + 5] = 10 HP
[Wed Sep 9 20:24:49 2015] : Hildy: Searing Light - Level 3 - Deals [3d8(4,7,2)] = 13 damage, 140 ft range.)
[Wed Sep 9 20:25:21 2015] : Hildy: Hmm, needs a touch attack I think
[Wed Sep 9 20:25:38 2015] : Hildy: [1d20(19)] = 19
[Wed Sep 9 20:25:44 2015] : DM: The squid sinks beneath the water, its limp tentacles slipping of the barge deck.
[Wed Sep 9 20:26:09 2015] : DM: 2130 XP each
[Wed Sep 9 20:26:14 2015] : Artur: "Quick! That will feed the crew for a week."
[Wed Sep 9 20:26:41 2015] : Vaddyn: "It'll sink the barge surely"
[Wed Sep 9 20:27:10 2015] : Artur: "We might save some."
[Wed Sep 9 20:27:27 2015] : Artur: "Captain! Will your men want squid for their meal?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:27:46 2015] : Artur: "And Hildy, my friend, can your creature tell us if scavengers are approaching?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:27:48 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hildy, can your elemental rip off a tentacle or two?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:28:06 2015] : Captain: "Looks a bit tough and rubbery, leave it."
[Wed Sep 9 20:28:19 2015] : Captain: "We have plenty of supplies."
[Wed Sep 9 20:28:35 2015] : Artur: ooc In my country, we eat our defeated foes! :-)
[Wed Sep 9 20:30:01 2015] : Captain: "I've not heard of giant squid in this river for nearly 5 decades. I wonder what brought it upstream from the sea."
[Wed Sep 9 20:30:21 2015] : Vaddyn: "Something bigger?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:30:27 2015] : Artur: "There is likely some other problem. Why can we not find problems in dry land? Problems that burn?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:30:43 2015] : Captain: "Not a reassuring thought!"
[Wed Sep 9 20:31:09 2015] : Artur: "There is always problem where we go."
[Wed Sep 9 20:31:10 2015] : Vaddyn: "No, its not"
[Wed Sep 9 20:31:29 2015] : DM: The barge drifts on through the night, leaving the charred smell of squid behind.
[Wed Sep 9 20:31:47 2015] : Hildy: "I've heard it said that adventurers draw woes to formerly peaceful places"
[Wed Sep 9 20:31:55 2015] : Hildy: "We are perhaps a curse"
[Wed Sep 9 20:32:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "There is indeed an old curse - May you live in interesting times"
[Wed Sep 9 20:32:47 2015] : Captain: "That squid has already attacked several boats. I'm fortunate to have hired you on."
[Wed Sep 9 20:32:53 2015] : Vaddyn: "I forget who came up with it"
[Wed Sep 9 20:32:58 2015] : Artur: "Which comes first? I think adventurers follow problems, and perhaps problems of some sorts go where the adventurers are."
[Wed Sep 9 20:33:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "Either way, hanging round folk like us will lead to trouble"
[Wed Sep 9 20:33:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "But without us, the trouble could be worse"
[Wed Sep 9 20:33:46 2015] : Artur: "Perhaps the next problem will be more difficult than a squid. Or more edible."
[Wed Sep 9 20:35:00 2015] : Artur: "So what else will this river throw at us?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:36:20 2015] : Captain: During the day the barge drifts past a smoking volcano to the north before joining with another vast river at a mighty confluence. The currents jostle the boat and the captain has to concentrate to keep the barge clear of the other vessels at this busy junction.
[Wed Sep 9 20:37:12 2015] : Hildy: Hildy observes
[Wed Sep 9 20:37:20 2015] : Captain: You sail on through the night and by morning you see the towers and spires of Moyamba rising out of the river delta.
[Wed Sep 9 20:38:40 2015] : DM: The river is very busy here. All sorts of crafts moving up and down and across. Large barges laden with goods. Fishing boats trailing nets and swift courier vessels carrying important people or messages.
[Wed Sep 9 20:39:22 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 9 20:39:25 2015] : DM: It's a few hours before the captain has moored the large at the riverside docks where the river opens out into the sea.
[Wed Sep 9 20:39:38 2015] : DM: He pays your fee and bids you farewell.
[Wed Sep 9 20:39:44 2015] : Artur: Artur has been sitting on deck, watching the scenery but keeping out of the way
[Wed Sep 9 20:40:00 2015] : DM: The docks bustle with people, moving goods or hurrying on errands.
[Wed Sep 9 20:40:37 2015] : DM: Guards in squads of 4 stand watchfully from the shade of the numerous palm trees.
[Wed Sep 9 20:40:43 2015] : Hildy: ooc what was our fee?
[Wed Sep 9 20:41:21 2015] : DM: This district has many large warehouses and the impressive offices of the port authority.
[Wed Sep 9 20:41:29 2015] : DM: ooc checking the logs
[Wed Sep 9 20:42:38 2015] : DM: ooc 13 gold pieces each (3 days + 10 gold danger money)
[Wed Sep 9 20:42:43 2015] : Hildy: ooc thanks, and thanks for putting up the loot from the Lady
[Wed Sep 9 20:42:52 2015] : Hildy: ooc We're rich I tells ya!
[Wed Sep 9 20:42:55 2015] : Artur (enter): 20:42
[Wed Sep 9 20:43:03 2015] : Artur: ooc back. grr.
[Wed Sep 9 20:43:13 2015] : Artur: Booting '(12) Artur' from server...
[Wed Sep 9 20:43:14 2015] : Artur (exit): 20:43
[Wed Sep 9 20:44:22 2015] : DM: What do you do in this new, unfamilar city?
[Wed Sep 9 20:44:41 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Sep 9 20:45:01 2015] : Artur: Artur walks confidently over to a group of guards.
[Wed Sep 9 20:45:11 2015] : Artur: "We seek the University, please. Might you direct us?"
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:05 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes fills his senses with the sights, sounds and smells of the city
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:07 2015] : DM: The guard directs you to the university quarter. You can see its clock towers from here.
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:24 2015] : Artur: "Most kind."
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:48 2015] : Hildy: Hildy follows Artur
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:50 2015] : Artur: Artur tries to look confident and knowledgeable as he walks to the University
[Wed Sep 9 20:46:53 2015] : Artur: Bluff: [1d20(16) + 13] = 29
[Wed Sep 9 20:47:27 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows, trying to look nonchalant
[Wed Sep 9 20:48:58 2015] : Andrei (enter): 20:48
[Wed Sep 9 20:49:13 2015] : Andrei: Booting '(13) Artur' from server...
[Wed Sep 9 20:49:14 2015] : DM: You reach the university quarter. Students hurry to their lectures or set under shelter drinking tea.
[Wed Sep 9 20:49:14 2015] : Artur (exit): 20:49
[Wed Sep 9 20:49:30 2015] : Artur: ooc dammit! just crashed my laptop
[Wed Sep 9 20:49:58 2015] : DM: You see the university library building, the faculty of magic and the centre for mundane studies buildings around the main palm-shaded courtyard.
[Wed Sep 9 20:50:35 2015] : Artur: "Might we stop at the Faculty of Magic? I would like to speak to them."
[Wed Sep 9 20:50:52 2015] : Hildy: Hildy shrugs
[Wed Sep 9 20:50:58 2015] : Hildy: "Sounds fine to me"
[Wed Sep 9 20:51:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Fine with me"
[Wed Sep 9 20:52:05 2015] : DM: The main doors stand open.
[Wed Sep 9 20:52:08 2015] : Vaddyn: "Can't say they'll approve of my brand of magic. I've been called a faker before!"
[Wed Sep 9 20:52:28 2015] : Artur: ooc Artur will be looking to trade spell ideas, in particular looking for more ways of setting things on fire.
[Wed Sep 9 20:53:18 2015] : Artur: ooc can Artur teach them some exotic magic tricks in exchange for new spells?
[Wed Sep 9 20:53:25 2015] : DM: ooc sounds like a skill check and some time is required for that
[Wed Sep 9 20:54:14 2015] : Artur: ooc which skill? Spellcraft? or Arcana?
[Wed Sep 9 20:54:24 2015] : Artur: "Perhaps it would be better to come back later."
[Wed Sep 9 20:55:06 2015] : DM: ooc spellcraft
[Wed Sep 9 20:55:53 2015] : Artur: Spellcraft: [1d20(16) + 21] = 37
[Wed Sep 9 20:57:04 2015] : DM: ooc it will take a day. Do you want to do it now?
[Wed Sep 9 20:57:17 2015] : Artur: ooc Artur is keen to do so; he's going all academic at people
[Wed Sep 9 20:57:22 2015] : Hildy: "Let's find somewhere for us to rest"
[Wed Sep 9 20:57:46 2015] : Hildy: "I don't fancy hanging about here all day twiddling my thumbs"
[Wed Sep 9 20:57:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "Somewhere with a bed that doesn't pitch and roll"
[Wed Sep 9 20:58:10 2015] : DM: Ok, you leave Artur at the Faculty of Magic.
[Wed Sep 9 20:58:21 2015] : Artur: "You might try the markets. They have a good reputation."
[Wed Sep 9 20:58:23 2015] : Artur: Bluff: [1d20(19) + 13] = 32
[Wed Sep 9 20:58:40 2015] : Vaddyn: "We'll get you a room and come back for you later"
[Wed Sep 9 20:59:11 2015] : Artur: "Thank you!"
[Wed Sep 9 20:59:40 2015] : Hildy: Hildy cracks on with crafting in his room while Artur is busy
[Wed Sep 9 20:59:42 2015] : Artur: "Or, perhaps, you might think about that volcano. If I could harness that power, think what I could do!"
[Wed Sep 9 21:00:55 2015] : DM: You passed a decent looking inn on the way: The Silver Boot. Comfortable accomdation and good food and drink catering to merchants and other better off travellers.
[Wed Sep 9 21:01:17 2015] : Artur: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 9 21:01:51 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn enters the inn
[Wed Sep 9 21:02:09 2015] : Vaddyn: and walks up to the bar
[Wed Sep 9 21:02:38 2015] : Vaddyn: "My friends and I are looking for a few rooms"
[Wed Sep 9 21:03:48 2015] : Vaddyn: "Whats the going rate?"
[Wed Sep 9 21:03:49 2015] : Innkeep: "We have rooms available. 1 gold per night"
[Wed Sep 9 21:05:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "In that case I'd like 3 rooms please. I'll pay for 2 nights now, but we may be staying longer if thats ok"
[Wed Sep 9 21:05:10 2015] : Innkeep: "Very well."
[Wed Sep 9 21:05:14 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn hands over 6gp
[Wed Sep 9 21:05:32 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Del can sleep in the stables!
[Wed Sep 9 21:05:32 2015] : Hildy: ooc don't blow our barge fee! ;-)
[Wed Sep 9 21:06:40 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc what time is it and how busy is the inn?
[Wed Sep 9 21:06:58 2015] : Artur (enter): 21:06
[Wed Sep 9 21:07:04 2015] : Artur: Booting '(14) Artur' from server...
[Wed Sep 9 21:07:05 2015] : Artur (exit): 21:07
[Wed Sep 9 21:07:20 2015] : Innkeep: It's about 2pm. There are a few merchants and other travellers finishing off their meals in the common room.
[Wed Sep 9 21:09:01 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes a light lunch with a jug of local ale
[Wed Sep 9 21:10:17 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc where is Hildy? In his room?
[Wed Sep 9 21:10:26 2015] : Innkeep: That evening Artur returns from the university.
[Wed Sep 9 21:10:46 2015] : Hildy: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 9 21:11:21 2015] : Artur: "It is interesting. The Office of Protection is not altogether welcome. They hinder research."
[Wed Sep 9 21:11:35 2015] : Vaddyn: "How so?"
[Wed Sep 9 21:12:14 2015] : DM: Red tape
[Wed Sep 9 21:12:19 2015] : DM: Corruption.
[Wed Sep 9 21:12:36 2015] : Artur: "They interfere. They say things are not permitted."
[Wed Sep 9 21:12:51 2015] : Artur: "Not without... permission, and administration fees."
[Wed Sep 9 21:12:59 2015] : Artur: "Similar petty nuisances."
[Wed Sep 9 21:13:19 2015] : Vaddyn: "Incompetence or intentional?"
[Wed Sep 9 21:13:35 2015] : DM: Both
[Wed Sep 9 21:14:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "Any ideas who is behind it or what they can hope to gain?"
[Wed Sep 9 21:14:56 2015] : DM: ooc What's your next step going to be?
[Wed Sep 9 21:15:31 2015] : Artur: ooc going to rest, recover spells, and then go to speak to the OPMA.
[Wed Sep 9 21:15:48 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc OPMA?
[Wed Sep 9 21:16:02 2015] : DM: ooc Office for the Protection of Magical Antiquities
[Wed Sep 9 21:16:21 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc ahh.
[Wed Sep 9 21:16:28 2015] : DM: GAME END