Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 26 19:44:05 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 26 19:44:59 2015] : DM: You've just exited the portal from the Shadow Plane onto a rocky slope of rough volcanic rocks and spare, spiny plants.
[Wed Aug 26 19:45:41 2015] : DM: Below you, at th ebase of the volcano, stretching out around you is a dense carpet of jungle.
[Wed Aug 26 19:46:10 2015] : DM: Far to the north and south you see mighty cliffs, many 100s of meters tall.
[Wed Aug 26 19:46:58 2015] : DM: In the distance to the east is a vast inland sea or ocean.
[Wed Aug 26 19:47:25 2015] : DM: To the west at the top of the volcano is a squat structure in black basalt blocks.
[Wed Aug 26 19:48:27 2015] : DM: The air is slightly sulphourous and warm, dark clouds gather overhead. From the position of the sun it's around noon.
[Wed Aug 26 19:48:35 2015] : DM: ooc what next?
[Wed Aug 26 19:48:42 2015] : Vaddyn: "I am very happy to be out of that place"
[Wed Aug 26 19:48:54 2015] : Vaddyn: "Everything here just feels more... real"
[Wed Aug 26 19:49:27 2015] : Akiak: "It does, doesn't it?"
[Wed Aug 26 19:49:39 2015] : Vaddyn: "Not very nice in this location, mind"
[Wed Aug 26 19:49:43 2015] : Akiak: "Strange feeling. I am glad to be out too, especially since I was not sure I would *ever* get out"
[Wed Aug 26 19:49:56 2015] : Akiak: "But where have we landed exactly?"
[Wed Aug 26 19:50:10 2015] : Akiak: Knowledge Local: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Aug 26 19:50:18 2015] : Hildy: ooc presumably we looted the corpse of the Lady of the Hunt?
[Wed Aug 26 19:50:23 2015] : Akiak: Akiak tries to find her bearings
[Wed Aug 26 19:52:31 2015] : Hildy: "I suggest that we loot the lady's body and head downslope"
[Wed Aug 26 19:52:56 2015] : Vaddyn: "Good idea. I dont like the air here"
[Wed Aug 26 19:53:11 2015] : Hildy: "I'm not sure we should attempt to assault a demon without knowing what it is. It's likely to pulverise us"
[Wed Aug 26 19:54:07 2015] : Hildy: Hildy searches the Lady's body
[Wed Aug 26 19:54:27 2015] : Hildy: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 6] = 26
[Wed Aug 26 19:55:25 2015] : Akiak: "I can't be really sure, but this looks like Tototarift"
[Wed Aug 26 19:55:57 2015] : Akiak: "As far as I remember, this valley still has active volcanoes"
[Wed Aug 26 19:56:02 2015] : Hildy: Hildy continues searching, not recognising the name
[Wed Aug 26 19:56:10 2015] : Vaddyn: "How active?"
[Wed Aug 26 19:56:14 2015] : Hildy: "Really??"
[Wed Aug 26 19:56:35 2015] : DM: You've already felt a minor earthquake
[Wed Aug 26 19:56:59 2015] : Hildy: ooc Hildy was aiming for incredulous... I thought the area was smoking
[Wed Aug 26 19:57:41 2015] : Akiak: "yes, really. I don't think we want to linger here"
[Wed Aug 26 19:57:43 2015] : DM: The volcano smokes and rumbles behind you.
[Wed Aug 26 19:57:52 2015] : Akiak: "We want to go nNorth though"
[Wed Aug 26 19:58:04 2015] : Akiak: Survival: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Aug 26 19:58:16 2015] : Akiak: Akiak tries to make out where they are
[Wed Aug 26 19:58:34 2015] : Hildy: "Those cliffs shouldn't be too problematic with the right spell"
[Wed Aug 26 19:59:02 2015] : DM: The cliffs are about 20-30 miles away.
[Wed Aug 26 19:59:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are you sure thats where we need to go?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:00:18 2015] : Akiak: "I'm sure it's North, but I'm not sure where NOrth is"
[Wed Aug 26 20:00:24 2015] : Hildy: "What's that way?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:00:52 2015] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Aug 26 20:00:54 2015] : DM: ooc you can tell which way is north from the sun.
[Wed Aug 26 20:01:13 2015] : Akiak: ooc ah ok lol
[Wed Aug 26 20:01:35 2015] : Akiak: "I'd say North is "safe-ish", as this valley lies to the South of town"
[Wed Aug 26 20:01:46 2015] : Akiak: "But how far we are and how off we are, I really can't tell"
[Wed Aug 26 20:01:47 2015] : Hildy: "Which town?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:02:17 2015] : Hildy: "I guess you could mean all the town we know"
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:04 2015] : Hildy: "With a day's rest I could put us into another plane, then back again... I can be accurate to within 500 miles..."
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:19 2015] : Akiak: "500 miles is a long way"
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:30 2015] : DM: In the distance, close to the edge of the jungle you see 3 horse riders.
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:40 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok then, lets start by getting off this volcano before it explodes"
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:41 2015] : Akiak: "and I'm guessing it's what separates us from the next town"
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:51 2015] : Akiak: "Or ask those people"
[Wed Aug 26 20:04:57 2015] : Hildy: "Not ideal, but maybe we're farther away from Port Dagger already?
[Wed Aug 26 20:05:07 2015] : Akiak: Akiak quickly takes the lay of the land to spot places to hide
[Wed Aug 26 20:05:12 2015] : Akiak: Akiak quickly takes the lay of the land to spot places to hide
[Wed Aug 26 20:05:35 2015] : Hildy: ooc I looted the corpse and stuffed *anything* useful or valuable in a handy haversack
[Wed Aug 26 20:05:45 2015] : DM: There's not much cover on the slopes. The rocks and spiny bushes are all too small.
[Wed Aug 26 20:05:51 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looted the corpse and stuffed *anything* useful or valuable in a handy haversack
[Wed Aug 26 20:06:08 2015] : Hildy: "Let's ride to meet them"
[Wed Aug 26 20:07:38 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn leads the party
[Wed Aug 26 20:07:38 2015] : Hildy: HIldy mounts up.
[Wed Aug 26 20:07:39 2015] : DM: The riders spot you and stop in a line. As you get closer you see they're all in uniform of green and yellow. They wear large, wide-brimmed hats and carry light lances.
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:11 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn rides casually trying to look friendly
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:15 2015] : DM: "Halt!", squad leader calls out. "Present your permit."
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:44 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hello! What permit?
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:46 2015] : Hildy: Hildy whispers "Oh, great... Here we go again"
[Wed Aug 26 20:08:53 2015] : Akiak: "Yep"
[Wed Aug 26 20:09:39 2015] : Hildy: Hildy holds up his magic symbol. Blue and red, with bright white writing.
[Wed Aug 26 20:09:49 2015] : DM: "This is a restricted zone, only licensed adventures are permitted on the volcano. The erruption is imminent."
[Wed Aug 26 20:09:51 2015] : Hildy: "I only have this seal of my god"
[Wed Aug 26 20:10:12 2015] : Vaddyn: "In that case, maybe we shouldn't be hanging around"
[Wed Aug 26 20:10:25 2015] : Hildy: "Is anyone doing anything about the demon causing the erruption?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:11:00 2015] : Akiak: "Licensed adventurers? Interesting."
[Wed Aug 26 20:11:19 2015] : DM: "Licensed adventures are permitted to attempt to subdue the demon. Please present your permit or we shall escort you from the volcano>"
[Wed Aug 26 20:11:20 2015] : Akiak: "in any case, we would be on our way, if we were sure which way that is"
[Wed Aug 26 20:11:50 2015] : Akiak: "I am not understanding you well I think. Volcano or demon?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:11:53 2015] : Akiak: "Or both?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:12:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "We have just arrived here, by magical means. We did not know about requiring Licenses"
[Wed Aug 26 20:12:55 2015] : DM: "Then folllow us to the outpost where you may purchase the required licenses."
[Wed Aug 26 20:13:09 2015] : Vaddyn: "How long will that take?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:13:24 2015] : Hildy: "To be honest, we're looking to leave the mountain anyway"
[Wed Aug 26 20:13:42 2015] : DM: "One hour of riding."
[Wed Aug 26 20:13:50 2015] : Akiak: "Let us go?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:13:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "Then lets go"
[Wed Aug 26 20:16:11 2015] : DM: After an hour of riding you reach a small output on the edge of the jungle. A small clearing dotted with tents, duckboards providing pathways over the ground.
[Wed Aug 26 20:16:59 2015] : DM: There are maybe half a dozen soldiers in green and yellow and some 10 or some assorted other people.
[Wed Aug 26 20:17:57 2015] : Akiak: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 26 20:18:37 2015] : DM: A road of worn stones leads east and west from this outpost.
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:04 2015] : DM: The squad leader points to the largest tent in the center. "Get your permit from the official within."
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:05 2015] : Hildy: ooc East to the inland sea, West to the volcano?
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:23 2015] : Hildy: "Do we need one if we don't plan to go back?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:37 2015] : DM: ooc you went do the north slope, west leads deeper into the jungle.
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:51 2015] : Akiak: ooc is there a map I don't see?
[Wed Aug 26 20:20:55 2015] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Aug 26 20:21:12 2015] : Akiak: ooc ok just making sure
[Wed Aug 26 20:21:12 2015] : DM: ooc well yes, but it's on a piece of paper in front of me ;)
[Wed Aug 26 20:21:22 2015] : Akiak: ooc lol!
[Wed Aug 26 20:21:24 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Aug 26 20:21:27 2015] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 26 20:22:13 2015] : DM: The squad leaves to resume their patrol. The other people here look at your with wary curiosity.
[Wed Aug 26 20:22:36 2015] : Hildy: "Is there a store here?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:22:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "I assume there's no welcoming Inn around, either"
[Wed Aug 26 20:23:05 2015] : DM: There looks like there's a travelling merchant with basic supplies.
[Wed Aug 26 20:23:17 2015] : Hildy: "We could probably do with at least finding out about where we are, and if we are expected to purchase a pass retrospectively"
[Wed Aug 26 20:23:30 2015] : Hildy: ooc err, retroactively
[Wed Aug 26 20:23:53 2015] : Hildy: ooc unless we just plan on thinking about buying one ;-)
[Wed Aug 26 20:24:39 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps that merchant can help us with with directions"
[Wed Aug 26 20:24:59 2015] : Hildy: "OK, let's at least ask some questions... Like where the hell are we, and why are they taxing people who are helping them."
[Wed Aug 26 20:25:41 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc unless there is a big You Are Here sign
[Wed Aug 26 20:26:01 2015] : Merchant: "You looking for some supplies before tackling the volcano and the demon?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:26:21 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps. Looking for information first"
[Wed Aug 26 20:26:47 2015] : Merchant: "yes?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:27:04 2015] : Vaddyn: "Do you have any maps of the area?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:27:34 2015] : Merchant: "Yes. 1 gold a copy."
[Wed Aug 26 20:28:15 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hmm, ok"
[Wed Aug 26 20:28:38 2015] : Merchant: The merchant pull out a map.
[Wed Aug 26 20:29:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "So, are they really charging people to try and stop the eruption?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:30:00 2015] : Merchant: It's titled Totoka Rift and shows the jungled area between the ocean to the west and the lake to the east. Two principle settlements are marked.
[Wed Aug 26 20:30:16 2015] : Akiak: ooc and it's on your desk :P
[Wed Aug 26 20:30:40 2015] : Akiak: "they are. And apaprently charging too for anything that might help them stop the eruption"
[Wed Aug 26 20:30:54 2015] : Merchant: Moyamba to the west and Koubla on the cliff to the north.
[Wed Aug 26 20:31:15 2015] : Hildy: "Any idea what lands are to the North, beyond?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:31:25 2015] : Vaddyn: "That sounds crazy"
[Wed Aug 26 20:31:38 2015] : Hildy: "Beyond, Koubla?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:31:50 2015] : Merchant: "The Dust Sea."
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:10 2015] : Hildy: "I don't think we're anywhere near Port Dagger"
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ever hear of a place called Port Dagger?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:44 2015] : Merchant: "Doesn't sound familar?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:55 2015] : Hildy: "Is there a wizard, or college nearby where we could get a teleport spell?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:33:14 2015] : Akiak: Akiak tries to remember any of those names.
[Wed Aug 26 20:33:21 2015] : Akiak: Knowledge Local: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Aug 26 20:33:40 2015] : Merchant: "Moyama or Koubla but they're some 40 miles away by road and river barge."
[Wed Aug 26 20:33:50 2015] : Hildy: "We have problems to fix wherevere home is"
[Wed Aug 26 20:34:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Which is the biggest of the two towns?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:34:08 2015] : Hildy: "Or we could just have a look around here"
[Wed Aug 26 20:34:36 2015] : Hildy: "Is anyone else sorting the volcano out?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:34:45 2015] : Merchant: "Moyama is bigger, a port city with trade from the whole world passing through."
[Wed Aug 26 20:35:16 2015] : Merchant: "The merchant waves his hand around the camp. Lots are trying, no idea if any will succeed."
[Wed Aug 26 20:36:41 2015] : Akiak: "ok, there's a price to try, but surely there's a reward?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:36:53 2015] : Vaddyn: "How many have come through here, trying?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:37:34 2015] : Merchant: "I think two groups have travelled up the volcano so far."
[Wed Aug 26 20:37:55 2015] : Merchant: "There's a very big reward."
[Wed Aug 26 20:38:15 2015] : Vaddyn: "How big?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:39:35 2015] : Merchant: "50,000 gold coins."
[Wed Aug 26 20:40:42 2015] : Akiak: "Excuse me?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:40:54 2015] : Akiak: Akiak gasps
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:05 2015] : Akiak: "OK, that is a lot. What's the fee?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:07 2015] : Hildy: "OK, that's sizeable"
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:15 2015] : Hildy: "How much is the permit?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:39 2015] : Hildy: ooc :-)
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:59 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc dollar signs in the eyes
[Wed Aug 26 20:41:59 2015] : Merchant: "I think it's a 1000 gold per person."
[Wed Aug 26 20:42:31 2015] : Akiak: "ok, that is sizeable too".
[Wed Aug 26 20:42:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "The adventurers are almost paying for the prize themselves"
[Wed Aug 26 20:42:42 2015] : Akiak: "But can you tell us a bit lmore about what is known?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:43:26 2015] : Hildy: "It's more than I have, and we only have a small amount in the kitty"
[Wed Aug 26 20:43:38 2015] : Merchant: "I don't know much, The seals of the demon's prison must be renewed or the demon will break free and the volcano will erupt."
[Wed Aug 26 20:44:04 2015] : Merchant: "The demon is sealed in the bottom of some old wizard's laboratory."
[Wed Aug 26 20:44:05 2015] : Akiak: "Ah, so I was right, both volcano and demon are linked"
[Wed Aug 26 20:44:32 2015] : Akiak: "I have enough money for almost all of us, I think, if we aim at participating in this crazy venture"
[Wed Aug 26 20:44:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "I can cover my own. Are we thinking of doing this?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:02 2015] : Akiak: "May I remind you that we've just faced quite a nasty thing? We need to rest, at the very least"
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:03 2015] : Hildy: ooc out of type, but I almost said...
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:24 2015] : Hildy: ooc "Maybe we wait until they are desperate enough not to charge us"
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:30 2015] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:32 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc hehe
[Wed Aug 26 20:45:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "How long do they think until the demon breaks free?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:46:02 2015] : Akiak: "I am of a mind to just go away myself."
[Wed Aug 26 20:46:21 2015] : Akiak: "It's not like we just escaped that harpy woman to get back into some demon's hands"
[Wed Aug 26 20:46:24 2015] : Hildy: "I dislike being charged for such a task, and my misgiving about the demon mincing us still stands, but perhaps we should seek to stop this?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:46:24 2015] : Merchant: "Perhaps two to three weeks. I'm not really sure."
[Wed Aug 26 20:46:42 2015] : Akiak: "How far is the nearest town?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:48:13 2015] : Merchant: "Moyama."
[Wed Aug 26 20:48:32 2015] : Merchant: Moyamba about 40 miles west"
[Wed Aug 26 20:48:48 2015] : Merchant: "Take about 3 days by road and barge."
[Wed Aug 26 20:48:55 2015] : Akiak: "OK, so I suggest we go to Moyamba and rest there"
[Wed Aug 26 20:49:07 2015] : Akiak: "And then think about this some more"
[Wed Aug 26 20:49:33 2015] : Hildy: "I'd like to find out more first"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "I'm not 3 days travel each way is very restful"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:17 2015] : Akiak: "You do have a point"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:25 2015] : Hildy: "If the demon is powerful enough to do this to the earth, I'm not sure we'll ever be up to the job."
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:31 2015] : Akiak: "but staying here, we might as well tackle the thing"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:42 2015] : Akiak: "because it might erupt at any time"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:54 2015] : Hildy: "Maybe the other teams are much more experienced than us"
[Wed Aug 26 20:50:57 2015] : Akiak: "If we go, at least we can make a decision away from pressure"
[Wed Aug 26 20:51:10 2015] : Akiak: "And Hildy has a point too"
[Wed Aug 26 20:51:13 2015] : Hildy: "Let's go and enquire in the other hut"
[Wed Aug 26 20:51:59 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thank you sir. We may be back to buy some supplies"
[Wed Aug 26 20:52:36 2015] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 26 20:54:19 2015] : Clerk: The clerk looks up from a wobly table as you enter the tent.
[Wed Aug 26 20:54:40 2015] : Clerk: "You here for a license? 1000 gold per adventurer."
[Wed Aug 26 20:55:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "That seems little expensive considering the time left"
[Wed Aug 26 20:55:24 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are you trying to put people off?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:55:34 2015] : Clerk: "Please make all complaints in writing to the central office."
[Wed Aug 26 20:56:25 2015] : Vaddyn: "Where is the Central office?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:56:39 2015] : Clerk: "The office for the Regulation of Adventurers and Mercenary Companies in Moyamba"
[Wed Aug 26 20:56:47 2015] : Hildy: "We could just complain by walking away"
[Wed Aug 26 20:56:59 2015] : Clerk: The clerk shrugs.
[Wed Aug 26 20:57:21 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are there so many adventurers willing to risk their lives that they can be charged to help?"
[Wed Aug 26 20:58:06 2015] : Hildy: "Is there any information about what is actually required? We may not even be capable.2
[Wed Aug 26 20:59:14 2015] : Clerk: The clerk finds a piece of paper and reads from it.
[Wed Aug 26 21:00:00 2015] : Clerk: "Enter the laboratory. decend to the lowest level, renew seals on demon prison. Threat within laboratory: unknown."
[Wed Aug 26 21:00:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "How many levels?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:00:34 2015] : Hildy: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(11) + 0] = 11
[Wed Aug 26 21:00:52 2015] : Hildy: "I know nothing about sealing demons."
[Wed Aug 26 21:01:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are there instrictions for renewing the seals?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:01:56 2015] : Akiak: "That's succint to say the least"
[Wed Aug 26 21:01:56 2015] : Clerk: "I do not have that information. You may inquire at Moyamba university, Office for the Protection of Magical Antiquities."
[Wed Aug 26 21:02:19 2015] : Clerk: "There are further instructions for renewing the seals, available for a fee."
[Wed Aug 26 21:02:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "What is the fee?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:02:45 2015] : Clerk: "25 gold pieces."
[Wed Aug 26 21:03:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "Is there any other information available, free or otherwise?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:03:28 2015] : Hildy: "Is there any great risk if this volcano erupts?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:03:36 2015] : Clerk: "I do not have any further information."
[Wed Aug 26 21:03:56 2015] : Hildy: "Or is it so remote that this can be treated as some sort of game that you use to charge the gullible?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:00 2015] : Akiak: "I see a pattern here"
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:18 2015] : Hildy: "I'm not sure I have time for these people"
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:23 2015] : Clerk: "This location is sparely inhabited by nomadic groups. Loss of life is expected to be low."
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:38 2015] : Akiak: "ok, so no stakes, really?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:50 2015] : Hildy: "And nomads don't count, right?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:04:56 2015] : Vaddyn: "Apparently not"
[Wed Aug 26 21:05:12 2015] : Akiak: "Right. I'm not liking this one bit"
[Wed Aug 26 21:05:16 2015] : Clerk: "The majority of the nomadic groups have moved away."
[Wed Aug 26 21:05:34 2015] : Hildy: "I suggest we leave these fools to their folly"
[Wed Aug 26 21:05:57 2015] : Akiak: "why would you even give a reward for this then, if you consider noone's life is at stake?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:06:12 2015] : Akiak: "and such a reward at that"
[Wed Aug 26 21:06:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "What do you expect the Demon to do once free?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:06:23 2015] : Hildy: "We didn't just kill the lady of the hunt to start playing at being heroes"
[Wed Aug 26 21:06:55 2015] : Clerk: "I do not have that information. You may enquire further at the Office for the Projection of Magical Antiquites."
[Wed Aug 26 21:07:51 2015] : Vaddyn: "(To Clerk)Thank you for your time. (H & A)Lets talk about this outside"
[Wed Aug 26 21:08:19 2015] : Akiak: "Yes. Indeed, thank you for your time"
[Wed Aug 26 21:08:53 2015] : Akiak: "But out of curiosity, I would like to buy the further instructions, please"
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:05 2015] : Akiak: Akiak takes 25GP out of her purse
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:10 2015] : Hildy: Hildy shakes his head and lets out a big sigh
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:34 2015] : Hildy: "I grow weary of this place already"
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:45 2015] : Hildy: "I feel so alien"
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:56 2015] : Akiak: She takes the instructions and goes out
[Wed Aug 26 21:09:59 2015] : Hildy: HIldy follows Vaddyn
[Wed Aug 26 21:10:15 2015] : Akiak: "I do too. I reiterate my wish to go to a town and take some time there."
[Wed Aug 26 21:10:56 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok, out options are: stay here and get licenses or head to Moyamba and try to figure out what is going on and where we are"
[Wed Aug 26 21:11:48 2015] : Akiak: "Yes."
[Wed Aug 26 21:13:09 2015] : Vaddyn: "Something stinks here and its not just the Volcano"
[Wed Aug 26 21:13:26 2015] : Akiak: "Yep"
[Wed Aug 26 21:13:46 2015] : Akiak: "Well, I've bought the instructions, to get a kpeek at them and see how far what looks like a scam is going"
[Wed Aug 26 21:13:58 2015] : Akiak: ooc what's in there?
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:01 2015] : Hildy: "I'm astonished that such an important matter is being treated so trivially"
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:22 2015] : Clerk: A detailed list of ingredients, incantations and the precise procedure.
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:30 2015] : Clerk: ooc Arcana skill check.
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:41 2015] : Hildy: "Can I take a look?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:45 2015] : Clerk: ooc or Spellcraft
[Wed Aug 26 21:14:45 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thats what bothers me. A demon could be free to roam the country and they are doing this?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:15:11 2015] : Vaddyn: "I'll have a look when you are done"
[Wed Aug 26 21:15:32 2015] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 20: As a standard action, Vaddyn takes 20 on his next knowledge roll.
[Wed Aug 26 21:15:34 2015] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: LoreMaster: [20 + 9] = 29
[Wed Aug 26 21:15:38 2015] : Clerk: ooc GAME PAUSE
[Wed Aug 26 21:16:19 2015] : Hildy (exit): 21:16
[Wed Aug 26 21:16:22 2015] : Akiak: "sure, go ahead"
[Wed Aug 26 21:16:37 2015] : Hildy (enter): 21:16
[Wed Aug 26 21:16:42 2015] : Akiak: "sure, go ahead"
[Wed Aug 26 21:16:54 2015] : Hildy: ooc flexirpg just froze up on me as I typed
[Wed Aug 26 21:17:52 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks, but does not comprehend the arcane instructions
[Wed Aug 26 21:18:17 2015] : Vaddyn: "This all looks pretty reasonable given the situation. A lot like other binding rituals"
[Wed Aug 26 21:18:39 2015] : Vaddyn: "Doesn't tell us anything really, unless we actually try them"
[Wed Aug 26 21:21:03 2015] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Hildy...
[Wed Aug 26 21:21:34 2015] : DM: ooc what next?
[Wed Aug 26 21:21:35 2015] : Vaddyn: "I think we should head to Moyamba. We can investigate at the university about this demon"
[Wed Aug 26 21:22:01 2015] : Vaddyn: "Based on what we find out, we either try to get home or come back here"
[Wed Aug 26 21:22:28 2015] : Akiak: "I've been saying this all along"
[Wed Aug 26 21:22:35 2015] : Akiak: "let us go"
[Wed Aug 26 21:22:46 2015] : Hildy: "OK. We need someone who can teleport us. This travelling on foot is getting wearisome"
[Wed Aug 26 21:23:25 2015] : Hildy: Hildy gets on his trusty horse and prepares to ride off
[Wed Aug 26 21:23:33 2015] : DM: ooc the trip to Moyamba is mostly by river barge.
[Wed Aug 26 21:24:08 2015] : Akiak: "Let us siee how best to get there"
[Wed Aug 26 21:26:28 2015] : DM: The old road after about two miles ends at a stone Jetty beside a wide river
[Wed Aug 26 21:27:00 2015] : DM: Barges lazily drift down stream or sail upstream with large square sails.
[Wed Aug 26 21:27:28 2015] : DM: An approaching barge sees you on the jetty and steers closer.
[Wed Aug 26 21:27:34 2015] : Hildy: "OK, Vaddyn, do you think that you could barter us a good passage for a reasonable price?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:27:41 2015] : DM: "Up or down?!" yells the captain of the vessel.
[Wed Aug 26 21:27:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "Heading for Moyamba"
[Wed Aug 26 21:28:52 2015] : DM: This barge is heading downstream and the captain shouts orders and the barge steers towards the jetty. It slows and stops and the crew tie up the vessel.
[Wed Aug 26 21:29:09 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Adventurers, aye?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:29:41 2015] : Vaddyn: "Aye. Trying to figure out whats going on here. Know anything about it?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:30:10 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Don't know much beyond the river."
[Wed Aug 26 21:30:24 2015] : Hildy: Hildy whisper to Vaddyn "We need to take the horses too"
[Wed Aug 26 21:31:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "I'm sure thats enough for any man. How much for passage for us and our horses?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:31:51 2015] : Captain Gorath: "You looking for a hire? There's been reports of trouble ahead and I could use a few swords on board."
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:07 2015] : Hildy: "I only have a battleaxe"
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:16 2015] : Hildy: Hildy grins
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:19 2015] : Vaddyn: "We can handle ourselves"
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:24 2015] : Captain Gorath: "So long as it's sharp, that's fine by me."
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "Whats the pay?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:32:57 2015] : Hildy: "I also bring powerfully good luck"
[Wed Aug 26 21:33:03 2015] : Captain Gorath: "1 gold per day plus board and transport for you and your horses."
[Wed Aug 26 21:33:23 2015] : Captain Gorath: "10 gold if your weapons are needed."
[Wed Aug 26 21:33:37 2015] : Hildy: Hildy whisper to Vaddyn "We keep and loot from attackers"
[Wed Aug 26 21:33:38 2015] : Akiak: "Works for me, I'd say"
[Wed Aug 26 21:33:49 2015] : Akiak: "Kind of a nice change after all of the money we've been asked to give"
[Wed Aug 26 21:34:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "We also get any thing left behind by attackers"
[Wed Aug 26 21:34:55 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Sure"
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:01 2015] : Vaddyn: "You have a deal"
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:07 2015] : Hildy: Hildy smiles
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:08 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn holds out his hand
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:15 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Come aboard."
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:40 2015] : Hildy: HIldy dismounts and leads his horse...
[Wed Aug 26 21:35:55 2015] : Hildy: "How do we get them aboard?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:36:16 2015] : Captain Gorath: The crew help with the horses and you're soon drifting down the tree-crowded river.
[Wed Aug 26 21:37:31 2015] : Captain Gorath: The captain is talkative, pointing out the native birds and animals in the tress and river. Brightly coloured parrots, noisy monkeys and river dolphins and crocodiles.
[Wed Aug 26 21:37:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "Captain, can you tell us anything about the trouble you expect?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:38:55 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Some sort of beast in the river. Killed a crew on another barge, swept her right of with a tentacle."
[Wed Aug 26 21:39:16 2015] : Vaddyn: "Tentacle?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:39:37 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hildy, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:39:38 2015] : Captain Gorath: "Not heard of the like in all my years travelling on these rivers. Well, except in all the stories you hear."
[Wed Aug 26 21:40:03 2015] : Akiak: "This seems to be quite a dangerous region. Demon here, tentacled creature tehre"
[Wed Aug 26 21:40:11 2015] : Akiak: "Not fun traveling those parts"
[Wed Aug 26 21:40:49 2015] : Hildy: "Look, I sent that other one to the plane of fire, not here!"
[Wed Aug 26 21:40:57 2015] : Vaddyn: "Are you sure?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:41:08 2015] : Hildy: Hildy laughs
[Wed Aug 26 21:42:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Reckon you can do the same with this one?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:42:36 2015] : Hildy: "It was my intention... I can't be certain, but if the destination was random... than would be a bit chilling"
[Wed Aug 26 21:43:30 2015] : Hildy: "If I didn't get to choose, then if I used it to take us, we could end up in any plane."
[Wed Aug 26 21:43:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "Could something have gone wrong?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:44:19 2015] : Hildy: "I think it went where I sent it. I don't recall it feeling wrong, but it's the only time I've used the spell"
[Wed Aug 26 21:44:33 2015] : Hildy: "I could try the same again"
[Wed Aug 26 21:44:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "Maybe they are more common than we think"
[Wed Aug 26 21:44:48 2015] : Hildy: "Though not until after rest."
[Wed Aug 26 21:45:10 2015] : Hildy: "I used the spell today to bring back Miriam"
[Wed Aug 26 21:45:15 2015] : Captain Gorath: After some 4 hours of sailing, night falls. The crew affix lamps and the barge continues on through the night. The chirping of the night insects loud in the still air.
[Wed Aug 26 21:45:27 2015] : Hildy: "Do we set a watch?"
[Wed Aug 26 21:45:43 2015] : Hildy: Light: Level 0 - Causes a touched object to glow like a torch for 90 minutes
[Wed Aug 26 21:46:24 2015] : Captain Gorath: The crew will keep watch.
[Wed Aug 26 21:46:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets get some rest"
[Wed Aug 26 21:47:22 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks for his bunk
[Wed Aug 26 21:47:26 2015] : Captain Gorath: GAME END