Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Feb 11 19:49:41 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Feb 11 19:50:18 2015] : DM: You were tasked with dispatching a sea serpent that was feeding on the tengu fishermen. A captured rebel tengu was offered as bait.
[Wed Feb 11 19:51:45 2015] : DM: You released the rebel and defeated the serpent, banishing it to a hell plane.
[Wed Feb 11 19:52:22 2015] : Miriam: "So how are we going to explain there are no remains?"
[Wed Feb 11 19:52:53 2015] : Pica: "You have proven yourself allies of the tengu. You should visit our nearby outpost if you wish to aid us further."
[Wed Feb 11 19:52:58 2015] : Vaddyn: "We burnt it to cinders and the remains washed away?"
[Wed Feb 11 19:54:09 2015] : Hildy: "Just explain what I did?"
[Wed Feb 11 19:54:37 2015] : Hildy: "Telling as much of the truth as possible is usually the best optionĀ£"
[Wed Feb 11 19:54:44 2015] : Vaddyn: "Do we want them to know we have that ability?"
[Wed Feb 11 19:54:57 2015] : Hildy: "Hmm, I see your point"
[Wed Feb 11 19:55:12 2015] : Hildy: "It floated away"
[Wed Feb 11 19:56:55 2015] : Akiak: "Do we not want them to know? I mean showing a bit of power helps. Maybe."
[Wed Feb 11 19:58:36 2015] : Vaddyn: "True, but this is the key to our plan"
[Wed Feb 11 20:00:04 2015] : Hildy: "I'm not sure if my plan will work without first weakening her magical defences"
[Wed Feb 11 20:00:48 2015] : Vaddyn: "How do we do that?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:01:19 2015] : Hildy: "There are spells to lower spell resistance"
[Wed Feb 11 20:01:28 2015] : Hildy: "I think"
[Wed Feb 11 20:02:04 2015] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 20: Vaddyn takes 20 on his next knowledge roll.
[Wed Feb 11 20:02:06 2015] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: LoreMaster: [20 + 9] = 29
[Wed Feb 11 20:02:18 2015] : DM: Yes. There are such spells.
[Wed Feb 11 20:03:21 2015] : Vaddyn: "Maybe our new allies can help"
[Wed Feb 11 20:03:51 2015] : Vaddyn: "They have presumably more experience of our target"
[Wed Feb 11 20:04:38 2015] : DM: Or at least I thought there were such spells but I can't them right now...
[Wed Feb 11 20:04:38 2015] : Hildy: "I hope so, she's beyond us without some other way of weakening her"
[Wed Feb 11 20:04:55 2015] : Hildy: ooc yeah, it may be just feats
[Wed Feb 11 20:05:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Pica, where is your outpost?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:05:32 2015] : DM: "Go west along the river and across the swamp. There is a walkway."
[Wed Feb 11 20:05:45 2015] : Miriam: "We need all the knowledge we can get, to even know whether or not a fight is in order."
[Wed Feb 11 20:06:25 2015] : DM: ooc Vaddyn floated the idea of using diplomacy last time.
[Wed Feb 11 20:06:30 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok, I hope we will see you there. Now we should report back"
[Wed Feb 11 20:08:06 2015] : DM: Pica waves good bye and disappers into the forest.
[Wed Feb 11 20:09:21 2015] : Hildy: "OK, what's our story?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:11:44 2015] : Vaddyn: "After a tremendous battle, our fire wizard managed to hit a vital spot that ignited something causing it to burn to ash in a few minutes"
[Wed Feb 11 20:13:43 2015] : Hildy: "You're pretty persuasive, and it sounds feasible"
[Wed Feb 11 20:13:49 2015] : DM: You return the camp and report. The commander accepts your story at face value and sends a runner out to instruct the fishermen and women to resume their work.
[Wed Feb 11 20:14:55 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: "Your next assignment is to locate the rebel outpost where the rebel spies are based."
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:11 2015] : Hildy: "Hold on a second"
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:13 2015] : Akiak: ooc rebels are the tengu?
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:20 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: ooc yes
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:20 2015] : Hildy: "That was no mean feat..."
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:33 2015] : Hildy: "We're a bit battered"
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:44 2015] : Hildy: "Do you have any healing items?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:49 2015] : Hildy: "And we need to rest"
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:57 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: Diplomacy check.
[Wed Feb 11 20:15:59 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks surly
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "We really need to rest"
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:08 2015] : Hildy: Diplomacy: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "You said yourself that no-one had ben able to rid you of the beast. It wasn't easy"
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:28 2015] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(7) + 19] = 26
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:29 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: Diplomacy check.
[Wed Feb 11 20:16:54 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: The lieutent looks like he's about to shout at Hildy.
[Wed Feb 11 20:17:14 2015] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 11 20:17:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "Come now, we've had a tough day"
[Wed Feb 11 20:18:02 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: "Hmph. You would be more effective when fully rested and I do have other squads out on patrol already. Very well. Commence your search along the river bank in 8 hour. Dismissed."
[Wed Feb 11 20:18:02 2015] : Miriam: Miriam yawns and slouches, looking really tired
[Wed Feb 11 20:18:34 2015] : Miriam: "Sir"
[Wed Feb 11 20:18:57 2015] : Hildy: HIldy whispers to Vaddyn... "Do we get paid here?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:19:19 2015] : Vaddyn: (whispers back) "Lets not push it today"
[Wed Feb 11 20:19:24 2015] : Hildy: ... "We just did them a massive service"
[Wed Feb 11 20:19:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets go"
[Wed Feb 11 20:20:21 2015] : Hildy: Hildy goes and finds their billet
[Wed Feb 11 20:21:03 2015] : Hildy: "Miriam are you still injured?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:21:05 2015] : Hildy: Cure Moderate Wounds: Level 2 - Heals [2d8(6,5) + 9] = 20
[Wed Feb 11 20:21:21 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: You find a large tent, currently unoccupied.
[Wed Feb 11 20:21:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "I agree we shouldn't be be a walkover. I think its worth demanding payment in the morning before patrol"
[Wed Feb 11 20:22:27 2015] : Miriam: HP Status 87 out of 90.
[Wed Feb 11 20:22:31 2015] : Hildy: "OK, you know best in these situations"
[Wed Feb 11 20:22:49 2015] : Miriam: "I'm fine, but I could do with a rest."
[Wed Feb 11 20:23:13 2015] : Hildy: "And I appreciate that I almost blew it there, but we can't appear too goody-goody, even if that is where our hearts lie"
[Wed Feb 11 20:23:34 2015] : Hildy: Hildy rests
[Wed Feb 11 20:23:45 2015] : DM: 8 hours later.
[Wed Feb 11 20:23:58 2015] : Miriam: HP Status 87 out of 90.
[Wed Feb 11 20:24:05 2015] : Miriam: Rest: Regain 9 HP. [Wed Feb 11 20:24:29 2015] : Miriam: "Breakfast!"
[Wed Feb 11 20:24:37 2015] : Akiak: Akiak uses one point of ki - Ki points remaining 4 out of 7
[Wed Feb 11 20:25:06 2015] : Vaddyn: "I wouldn't be too excited about the food here Miriam. I think it might be mostly mushroom"
[Wed Feb 11 20:25:19 2015] : Akiak: Akiak has been out for a while, looking around and sdoing her morning jog across rooves and streets
[Wed Feb 11 20:25:28 2015] : Miriam: "No matter what it tastes like, we need food."
[Wed Feb 11 20:25:33 2015] : Akiak: ooc Assassin's creed style :P
[Wed Feb 11 20:25:44 2015] : DM: Breakfast is mushrooms, on mushroom bread with mushroom tea.
[Wed Feb 11 20:26:07 2015] : Hildy: Rest: Regain 9 HP. [Wed Feb 11 20:26:09 2015] : Miriam: ooc Goody!
[Wed Feb 11 20:26:57 2015] : Hildy: "I preferred this mushroom breakfast wi'out mushrooms"
[Wed Feb 11 20:27:14 2015] : Miriam: "My father would be able to make this taste good"
[Wed Feb 11 20:28:43 2015] : Hildy: "Any meat woulf make it better to be honest"
[Wed Feb 11 20:28:49 2015] : Hildy: Hildy grins
[Wed Feb 11 20:28:57 2015] : Akiak: "I am just a bit sick of mushrooms already"
[Wed Feb 11 20:29:02 2015] : Akiak: "And I haven't been here that long"
[Wed Feb 11 20:29:06 2015] : Akiak: "Oh well."
[Wed Feb 11 20:29:32 2015] : Vaddyn: "Eat what you can. You'll be glad of it later"
[Wed Feb 11 20:29:37 2015] : Miriam: "No wonder they wanted to be able to fish again"
[Wed Feb 11 20:29:54 2015] : Hildy: Hildy eats
[Wed Feb 11 20:30:50 2015] : Hildy: Hildy fills up some ewers, drinks his fill, then washes.
[Wed Feb 11 20:30:53 2015] : Hildy: Create Water: Level 0 - generates up to 18 gallons of wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water
[Wed Feb 11 20:31:47 2015] : Hildy: "OK, I am ready"
[Wed Feb 11 20:31:58 2015] : Hildy: "I can do that as often as anyone would like"
[Wed Feb 11 20:32:21 2015] : Miriam: "Clean water is good, thank you"
[Wed Feb 11 20:32:33 2015] : Vaddyn: "Yes please"
[Wed Feb 11 20:32:36 2015] : Miriam: Miriam eats, drinks and washes.
[Wed Feb 11 20:33:14 2015] : DM: Where to now?
[Wed Feb 11 20:33:31 2015] : Miriam: "What are we doing now?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:33:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "I think we should go see about getting paid"
[Wed Feb 11 20:33:47 2015] : Hildy: "So, are we going to see what the pay is for killing a giant sea monster?
[Wed Feb 11 20:34:15 2015] : Hildy: "Agreed"
[Wed Feb 11 20:35:11 2015] : DM: You find the lieutenant.
[Wed Feb 11 20:35:35 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: "What are you doing here. Get out there and search for that output."
[Wed Feb 11 20:36:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "Well .. Sir, we were wondering what the pay rate was for the work we are performing"
[Wed Feb 11 20:37:00 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: "You get paid at the end of the week like everyone else."
[Wed Feb 11 20:37:56 2015] : Vaddyn: "When is that, and what are we likely to receive?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:38:28 2015] : Lieutenant Holt: "But I am authorized to pay a 4000 gp bonus for the serpent. See the cashier for payment", he says, handing over a paper authorizing the payment."
[Wed Feb 11 20:38:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thank you"
[Wed Feb 11 20:38:59 2015] : Akiak: "Thank you indeed."
[Wed Feb 11 20:39:26 2015] : Hildy: Hildy looks somewhat mollified
[Wed Feb 11 20:39:52 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn exits
[Wed Feb 11 20:40:44 2015] : DM: You collect your payment.
[Wed Feb 11 20:40:48 2015] : DM: What next?
[Wed Feb 11 20:41:00 2015] : Hildy: "Let's see if we can find this camp"
[Wed Feb 11 20:41:02 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets go see about finding that camp"
[Wed Feb 11 20:41:16 2015] : Vaddyn: oc :)
[Wed Feb 11 20:41:30 2015] : DM: Following Pica's directions?
[Wed Feb 11 20:41:45 2015] : Miriam: "See about getting rations and stuff first?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:42:21 2015] : Hildy: Once out of camp
[Wed Feb 11 20:42:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets see if we can find out where the other patrols are"
[Wed Feb 11 20:42:34 2015] : Hildy: "We nay be being watched or followed"
[Wed Feb 11 20:43:04 2015] : Hildy: "We must make sure that we both look serious in our search, but also don't head straight there"
[Wed Feb 11 20:43:24 2015] : Miriam: "Let's wander aimlessly for a while"
[Wed Feb 11 20:43:44 2015] : DM: Whilst you were in Holt's tent you saw the map of the area with the search areas marked out. Each patrol has a well defined area and you think your area is closed to where the outpost is.
[Wed Feb 11 20:44:55 2015] : DM: You crisscross the forest for a while before you reach the edge of a swampy area.
[Wed Feb 11 20:45:47 2015] : Miriam: ooc Nice!
[Wed Feb 11 20:46:17 2015] : Hildy: ooc some of us were treated to a preview last week :-P
[Wed Feb 11 20:46:37 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc well la de da
[Wed Feb 11 20:46:51 2015] : Hildy: ooc still reminds me of the Crystal Maze :-)
[Wed Feb 11 20:47:20 2015] : DM: You look out across the swamp the tree ferns sticking out of the murky water, the clouds of yellowish gas bubbling up from the water.
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:00 2015] : DM: There's a wooden walkway stretching across the water but only a few bits of it remain.
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "This look unpleasant"
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:24 2015] : DM: A small boat is half sunk into the muddy bank.
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:39 2015] : Hildy: ooc how big is the small boat?
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:42 2015] : DM: You see things moving slowly in the water
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:58 2015] : DM: The boat is about 10 ft across and 20 ft long.
[Wed Feb 11 20:48:59 2015] : Akiak: "Why am I not liking this?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:49:05 2015] : DM: ooc scroll down map to see.
[Wed Feb 11 20:49:24 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lets check the boat"
[Wed Feb 11 20:50:21 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to haul the boat onto land
[Wed Feb 11 20:50:39 2015] : DM: The tendrils of the yellowish gas drifts closer and the acrid smell makes you cough and your eyes water.
[Wed Feb 11 20:50:50 2015] : DM: The boat is stuck fast into the mud.
[Wed Feb 11 20:50:55 2015] : DM: Strength check.
[Wed Feb 11 20:51:01 2015] : Vaddyn: Strength: [1d20(19) + 3] = 22
[Wed Feb 11 20:51:17 2015] : Hildy: "If we can get it out, I can pray for a spell to mend it"
[Wed Feb 11 20:51:39 2015] : DM: Vaddyn heaves on the boat, there's a wet sucking sound as the boat becomes to unstick itself and then...
[Wed Feb 11 20:51:45 2015] : Miriam: "You want to take a boat? To go over that?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:51:59 2015] : Miriam: Miriam glares at the water and the boat
[Wed Feb 11 20:52:00 2015] : DM: *Crack* the piece of half-rotten wood comes away and Vaddyn lands on is arse.
[Wed Feb 11 20:52:24 2015] : Akiak: "Oy!"
[Wed Feb 11 20:52:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ow. I think its beyond mending"
[Wed Feb 11 20:52:39 2015] : Hildy: "OK, I can fix it, then we pull it out"
[Wed Feb 11 20:52:46 2015] : Akiak: "You can?"
[Wed Feb 11 20:53:06 2015] : Akiak: Akiak looks ceptically at Hildy
[Wed Feb 11 20:53:13 2015] : Akiak: *sceptically
[Wed Feb 11 20:53:32 2015] : Hildy: "Possibly"
[Wed Feb 11 20:53:58 2015] : Akiak: "Magic and Faith do have their perks it seems."
[Wed Feb 11 20:54:36 2015] : Hildy: "I can also cast a spell that would envelope the boat to keep the gases out as we cross"
[Wed Feb 11 20:54:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "Very nice"
[Wed Feb 11 20:54:49 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 11 20:55:09 2015] : Akiak: "This sounds great"
[Wed Feb 11 20:55:28 2015] : Hildy: "I need 15 minutes"
[Wed Feb 11 20:55:58 2015] : Hildy: Hildy moves back from the water by 30 feet, settles down and prays"
[Wed Feb 11 20:56:03 2015] : Hildy: Hildy moves back from the water by 30 feet, settles down and prays
[Wed Feb 11 20:56:39 2015] : Akiak: Akiak moves just a bit along the jetty/path, to try and see further. She's particularly careful not to walk on rotten wood or planks
[Wed Feb 11 20:56:50 2015] : Miriam: Miriam contemplates setting the boat on fire
[Wed Feb 11 20:56:58 2015] : Akiak: ooc trying to see where the path goes.
[Wed Feb 11 20:57:11 2015] : DM: You can't see very far with all the gas blocking the view.
[Wed Feb 11 20:57:18 2015] : Hildy: After 15 minutes Hildy returns
[Wed Feb 11 20:57:22 2015] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(16) + 14] = 30
[Wed Feb 11 20:57:33 2015] : Hildy: "OK, let's start with the boat"
[Wed Feb 11 20:57:40 2015] : Hildy: Make Whole: Level 2 - Repairs [5d6(3,4,6,5,4)] = 22 points of damage to an object.
[Wed Feb 11 20:58:16 2015] : DM: The edge of the swamp looks about 200 ft away.
[Wed Feb 11 20:58:59 2015] : DM: You also see creatures moving about in the water, fat black leaches, and shoals of small, pale fish.
[Wed Feb 11 20:59:17 2015] : DM: Hildy repairs the boat.
[Wed Feb 11 20:59:29 2015] : Akiak: Akiak comes back to shore
[Wed Feb 11 21:00:26 2015] : Miriam: "Didn't he talk about a functional walkway? Why are we taking a boat?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:00:26 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:09 2015] : Hildy: "My plan is to cast a Wind Wall spell on that goes around the edges of the boat..."
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:31 2015] : Hildy: "Normally it goes on the land, so it may just stay still"
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:34 2015] : DM: Knowledge: planes check
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:36 2015] : Vaddyn: "Can we still breathe if you do that?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:50 2015] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Planes: [1d20(17) + 9] = 26
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:51 2015] : Hildy: "But my hope is that it anchors to the boat"
[Wed Feb 11 21:01:57 2015] : Hildy: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(10) + 0] = 10
[Wed Feb 11 21:02:10 2015] : Hildy: "Yes Vaddyn"
[Wed Feb 11 21:03:20 2015] : Hildy: "Shall we try?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:03:32 2015] : Vaddyn: "Miriam, I think I recall hearing something about the shadow plane, this place"
[Wed Feb 11 21:04:02 2015] : Vaddyn: "Things tend to decay and collapse much quicker here.THis bridge may have been ok yesterday or the day before"
[Wed Feb 11 21:04:14 2015] : Hildy: ooc I'm probably not bright enough to point out that you could push something over the wind wall at the back and fashion a crude baffle to drive us via air
[Wed Feb 11 21:04:41 2015] : DM: ooc wind wall is stationary wrt a frame of reference which may be the boat (the land after all is whizzing along through space so its not stationary either).
[Wed Feb 11 21:04:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thats why everything looks old and tarnished"
[Wed Feb 11 21:04:57 2015] : Hildy: ooc it would only need to deflect some to the back to propel us
[Wed Feb 11 21:05:10 2015] : Hildy: "OK, are we trying my plan?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:05:15 2015] : Miriam: "Hm, another reason to not like it here"
[Wed Feb 11 21:06:12 2015] : DM: How are you going to paddle the boat? There are no oars.
[Wed Feb 11 21:06:17 2015] : Hildy: "It will only last for about a minute and a half, but maybe us passing through will disturb the banks enough to clear"
[Wed Feb 11 21:06:45 2015] : Akiak: "Hmmm. Wouldn't the boat decay as soon as we get on it then Vaddyn?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:06:47 2015] : Hildy: ooc I want to air boat drive us, but Hildy is really not bright enough to think of it
[Wed Feb 11 21:07:01 2015] : Hildy: ooc Just like Gentle Ben
[Wed Feb 11 21:07:04 2015] : Akiak: "Or does your magic keep the boat whole for the journey?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:07:09 2015] : Vaddyn: "I dont think its that quick, just quicker than we are used to"
[Wed Feb 11 21:07:35 2015] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 11 21:09:15 2015] : Hildy: ooc hello?
[Wed Feb 11 21:09:24 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc elo
[Wed Feb 11 21:09:49 2015] : Vaddyn: "Dont we need paddles, or oars?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:10:10 2015] : Hildy: "I guess so. Are there none in the boat?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:10:14 2015] : DM: No
[Wed Feb 11 21:10:28 2015] : Vaddyn: "Damn"
[Wed Feb 11 21:10:36 2015] : Hildy: "We could skiff from the back, but that still needs one oar"
[Wed Feb 11 21:11:09 2015] : Hildy: "I could have a water elemental push us"
[Wed Feb 11 21:11:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "You're using alot of spells, Hildy"
[Wed Feb 11 21:11:51 2015] : Hildy: "Err, yes... It's what I do"
[Wed Feb 11 21:11:53 2015] : Miriam: "Could we find something like a pole?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:12:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "I know, I use them too. Just pointing out that you can only cast so many"
[Wed Feb 11 21:12:31 2015] : Hildy: "I'm not a great thinker, but my domestos -given arsenal is in my spells"
[Wed Feb 11 21:13:05 2015] : DM: There are trees that could be felled and cut into standard issue 10 ft poles.
[Wed Feb 11 21:13:26 2015] : Hildy: "I don't see anyone else coming up with any solutions, so I make suggestions of what I could do"
[Wed Feb 11 21:14:14 2015] : Hildy: Intelligence: [1d20(20) + 0] = 20
[Wed Feb 11 21:14:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "And the ideas are great"
[Wed Feb 11 21:14:48 2015] : Hildy: "Hey, how about we use my shield to push the wind wall out at the back and push the boat forwards?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:14:55 2015] : Miriam: Miriam looks for a suitable tree
[Wed Feb 11 21:15:10 2015] : Vaddyn: "Will that work? You know more about the spell than I do"
[Wed Feb 11 21:15:15 2015] : DM: that would work
[Wed Feb 11 21:15:20 2015] : Hildy: "It would need someone strong to do it, and you'd need to angle the shield to steer"
[Wed Feb 11 21:16:03 2015] : Hildy: "Miriam, do you think that you could do that?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:16:16 2015] : Miriam: "Do what?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:16:26 2015] : Miriam: Miriam is eyeing some trees
[Wed Feb 11 21:16:26 2015] : Hildy: ooc umm
[Wed Feb 11 21:16:41 2015] : Hildy: ooc I only mentioned it 3 times
[Wed Feb 11 21:17:34 2015] : Miriam: ooc I read that, but Miriam was preoccupied
[Wed Feb 11 21:17:49 2015] : Hildy: ooc Hildy sits down and sings a song about gold
[Wed Feb 11 21:18:40 2015] : Miriam (enter): 21:18
[Wed Feb 11 21:18:52 2015] : DM: ooc it might be in character to ask for a forth repitition but it slows the game down, let's assume she heard it.
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:15 2015] : Hildy: ooc It feels like I'm talking to fill a gap in the conversation
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:20 2015] : Miriam (exit): 21:19
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:26 2015] : Hildy: ooc is anyone else playing?
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:38 2015] : Miriam: ooc Sorry about that, that was not my intention
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:42 2015] : Miriam: Miriam gets back to the others and gets informed of the plan
[Wed Feb 11 21:19:45 2015] : Miriam: "Sure, I can do that"
[Wed Feb 11 21:20:07 2015] : Akiak: ooc yes, but I'm not even sure I understand what you want to do :)
[Wed Feb 11 21:20:30 2015] : Hildy: ooc I described it 3 times
[Wed Feb 11 21:21:15 2015] : Hildy: "Do we think that this will work?"
[Wed Feb 11 21:21:15 2015] : Miriam: ooc He creates wind, I catch it with a shield and use it to propel the boat
[Wed Feb 11 21:21:17 2015] : Akiak: ooc yes, but I am still not understanding fully what does what.
[Wed Feb 11 21:21:22 2015] : Akiak: ooc ok
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:04 2015] : Hildy: "Miriam pushes my shield into the wind wall a little, creating an outward push that pushes us forwards"
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:05 2015] : Miriam: "Let's do it"
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:09 2015] : DM: You pile into the boat and Hildy casts his spells.
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:14 2015] : Hildy: "I have no idea how much it will push"
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:28 2015] : DM: Miriam uses her shield...
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:33 2015] : DM: Strength and dexterity checks.
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:34 2015] : Miriam: Miriam holds the shield in both hands
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:35 2015] : Hildy: Hildy unbuckles his shield and passes it to Miriam
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:39 2015] : Hildy: Bit of Luck: Hildy touches a creature giving it a bit of luck. For the next [Wed Feb 11 21:22:43 2015] : Miriam: Strength: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:45 2015] : Miriam: Dexterity: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:54 2015] : Miriam: [1d20(7)] = 7
[Wed Feb 11 21:22:55 2015] : Miriam: [1d20(11)] = 11
[Wed Feb 11 21:23:13 2015] : Miriam: ooc So the 20 and 16 stand
[Wed Feb 11 21:23:18 2015] : DM: The boat moves forwards a bit clumsily but Miriam steers it away from the trees.
[Wed Feb 11 21:23:19 2015] : Hildy: ooc yes
[Wed Feb 11 21:23:59 2015] : DM: The movement attracts all the creatures in the water and the swarm the ship. The small pale fish leaping, snapping with needle-like teeth.
[Wed Feb 11 21:24:16 2015] : Miriam: "This is trickier than I thought"
[Wed Feb 11 21:24:26 2015] : DM: The toxic gases part around the boat and you soon reach the opposite bank.
[Wed Feb 11 21:24:47 2015] : DM: 1000 XP each.
[Wed Feb 11 21:24:52 2015] : Vaddyn: "Glad we didn't try to swim"
[Wed Feb 11 21:24:56 2015] : Hildy: "Hildy breathes a massive sigh of relief"
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:05 2015] : Hildy: ooc in 3rd person
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:11 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc can't help but think Hildy deserves the bulk of that XP"
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:12 2015] : Hildy: Hildy breathes a massive sigh of relief
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:27 2015] : Akiak: "Well, I have to say, I am impressed"
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:32 2015] : Hildy: Hildy buckles his shield back on
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:41 2015] : Akiak: "that is some good magic you wield here"
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:42 2015] : Miriam: "Well done, Hildy"
[Wed Feb 11 21:25:49 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn slaps Hildy on the back
[Wed Feb 11 21:26:02 2015] : Akiak: "Hat down"
[Wed Feb 11 21:26:06 2015] : Akiak: "And thank you"
[Wed Feb 11 21:26:35 2015] : Miriam: Miriam happily exchanges shield for axe
[Wed Feb 11 21:26:45 2015] : Hildy: "I seem to have been unusually inspired"
[Wed Feb 11 21:27:09 2015] : DM: ooc yeah, the wind wall was clever.
[Wed Feb 11 21:27:50 2015] : Hildy: ooc I was more pleased with thinking of using it as thrust :-)
[Wed Feb 11 21:28:06 2015] : Akiak: ooc that was the hardest thing to get for me :)
[Wed Feb 11 21:28:09 2015] : Miriam: "It's not just the magic, it's how you use it. And you're very creative."
[Wed Feb 11 21:28:15 2015] : DM: You continue the search, heading deeper into the forest.
[Wed Feb 11 21:28:56 2015] : Hildy: ooc 1st rule of clerics... Thou shalt save spell slots for contingency
[Wed Feb 11 21:29:03 2015] : Hildy: ooc 2nd rule of clerics... Thou shalt save spell slots for contingency
[Wed Feb 11 21:29:16 2015] : DM: After another hour your reach a cleared around surrounding a lake. THree massive, ancient tree ferns stand in the center of the lake, towering over the surrounding forest.
[Wed Feb 11 21:29:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "This look significant"
[Wed Feb 11 21:29:51 2015] : Hildy: "Indeed"
[Wed Feb 11 21:30:11 2015] : Miriam: Miriam looks up at the ferns
[Wed Feb 11 21:30:17 2015] : DM: From the fern cover on the edge you safely survey the outpost. The wooden platforms built arround the massive trunks, the rope walkways. The lookout posts manned by tengu watchers.
[Wed Feb 11 21:30:32 2015] : Miriam: "I never saw any this large"
[Wed Feb 11 21:30:39 2015] : DM: A single, narrow wooden walkway leads from the shore to the first of the platforms.
[Wed Feb 11 21:30:58 2015] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24
[Wed Feb 11 21:31:12 2015] : Akiak: ooc now I am map lost. Are we on this map still?
[Wed Feb 11 21:31:27 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn waves to the watchers
[Wed Feb 11 21:31:39 2015] : DM: You also see on the opposite a group of mercenaries also surveying the output at a safe distance.
[Wed Feb 11 21:32:09 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc scratch the wave on seeing the merc
[Wed Feb 11 21:32:44 2015] : DM: The five are equiped with assorted weaponry and it looks like a least one of them may be a spell caster.
[Wed Feb 11 21:32:49 2015] : DM: GAME END