Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jan 28 20:02:34 2015] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jan 28 20:03:53 2015] : DM: Recruited in the army you were tasked with tracking down 4 escaped tengu slaved. You found two menaced by monsters and rescued them. Then, with the corpses of the two that perished and a solid story you convinced the plantation owner that all the slaves were dead, eaten by monsters.
[Wed Jan 28 20:04:29 2015] : DM: Impressed by the head of the shadow behir you were dispatched back to camp to report and for further orders.
[Wed Jan 28 20:05:09 2015] : Hildy: ooc I think we started back
[Wed Jan 28 20:05:43 2015] : DM: You are now reporting to the company commander, Lieutenant Holt.
[Wed Jan 28 20:06:15 2015] : Holt: "Report," he snaps impatiently.
[Wed Jan 28 20:07:10 2015] : Vaddyn: "Sir, we were tasked with finding four escaped slaves..."
[Wed Jan 28 20:07:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hopwever when we found them they were being eaten by a Behir"
[Wed Jan 28 20:08:14 2015] : Vaddyn: "We killed it and a couple of smaller beasts and returned with evidence of the dead"
[Wed Jan 28 20:08:33 2015] : Akiak: "not a pretty sight this"
[Wed Jan 28 20:08:49 2015] : Holt: "You killed a behir? There's a job for monster hunters like you if you're interested."
[Wed Jan 28 20:09:31 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps. What are the details?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:09:32 2015] : Artur (enter): 20:09
[Wed Jan 28 20:09:38 2015] : Artur: ooc evening all
[Wed Jan 28 20:09:42 2015] : Artur: ooc sorry I'm late
[Wed Jan 28 20:10:45 2015] : Holt: "A giant serpent is attacking fisherfolk along the river. We're all getting sick of eating mushrooms so this beast needs to be killed so the fisherfolk can get back to work."
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:00 2015] : Hildy: Hildy remains quiet, thinking of the greater good
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:06 2015] : Hildy: (The Greater Good)
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:16 2015] : Artur: ooc The Greater Good!
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:17 2015] : Holt: ooc lol
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:34 2015] : Vaddyn: "We'll look into it, Sir"
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:38 2015] : Artur: "Serpents do not burn well. Can you eat its flesh?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:11:46 2015] : Hildy: ooc :-)
[Wed Jan 28 20:12:12 2015] : Akiak: "IWith a little bit of luck, a sea serpent would taste of grilled fish?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:12:20 2015] : Holt: "You'll want some live bait, pick up the tengu traitor that was captured this morning from the stockade."
[Wed Jan 28 20:12:22 2015] : Hildy: "It's certainly different to mushrooms"
[Wed Jan 28 20:12:29 2015] : Miriam: "We will do what we can."
[Wed Jan 28 20:13:15 2015] : Hildy: Hildy scowls
[Wed Jan 28 20:13:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "Yes Sir, Good idea"
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:02 2015] : Vaddyn: "Best get to it. Good day sir"
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:08 2015] : Vaddyn: [1d20(6)] = 6
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:14 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc oops
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:26 2015] : Holt: "Dismissed."
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:40 2015] : Miriam: "Sir"
[Wed Jan 28 20:14:53 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn turns and walks out
[Wed Jan 28 20:15:16 2015] : Hildy: Hildy follows stiffly
[Wed Jan 28 20:15:29 2015] : Hildy: Once out of earshot...
[Wed Jan 28 20:15:40 2015] : Vaddyn: "I know Hildy, I know"
[Wed Jan 28 20:15:52 2015] : Akiak: ooc heh
[Wed Jan 28 20:16:03 2015] : Hildy: "I'm not happy with this, unless we can make out he was eaten, but set him free"
[Wed Jan 28 20:16:18 2015] : Artur: "How can we bait the thing? I am not volunteering myself."
[Wed Jan 28 20:16:39 2015] : Miriam: "We weill take him with us anyway. With us he has a better change than here."
[Wed Jan 28 20:16:43 2015] : Vaddyn: "Do you really think I would feed alive slave to a serpent???"
[Wed Jan 28 20:16:53 2015] : Hildy: "I know a whole camp of slaves has to be tackled in the right way, but I don't have infinite patience"
[Wed Jan 28 20:17:02 2015] : Hildy: "No, of course not"
[Wed Jan 28 20:17:19 2015] : Hildy: "I meant that we wouldn't bring him back"
[Wed Jan 28 20:17:48 2015] : Miriam: "Bait gets eaten. It's the best excuse anyone could hope for."
[Wed Jan 28 20:18:01 2015] : Akiak: "Makes sense"
[Wed Jan 28 20:18:17 2015] : Miriam: "No one will doubt that story"
[Wed Jan 28 20:18:25 2015] : Vaddyn: "Just need to make sure no one sees"
[Wed Jan 28 20:19:00 2015] : Vaddyn: "Right, lets get this captive and see what he or she knows"
[Wed Jan 28 20:19:11 2015] : Hildy: "Remember that they will want a beak"
[Wed Jan 28 20:19:32 2015] : Hildy: "I'm sure that you can bluff that one though"
[Wed Jan 28 20:19:33 2015] : Miriam: "Not if we bring them a serpent's head"
[Wed Jan 28 20:20:08 2015] : Artur: "The serpent was too destructive in its feeding. They will take that for an answer."
[Wed Jan 28 20:20:33 2015] : Vaddyn: "Swallowed whole I imagine"
[Wed Jan 28 20:21:40 2015] : DM: The stockade is just up ahead. A bored looking woman in scruffy and battered armour guards it.
[Wed Jan 28 20:22:29 2015] : Miriam: "Hello"
[Wed Jan 28 20:22:44 2015] : Guard: "Whacha want?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:22:51 2015] : Vaddyn: "Lt Holt sent us for the captive"
[Wed Jan 28 20:23:17 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc after three goes at spelling it, I gave and went for 'Lt'
[Wed Jan 28 20:23:33 2015] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Jan 28 20:23:46 2015] : Guard: "Holt sent you? 'right I'll fetch the bugger out then."
[Wed Jan 28 20:23:53 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thank you"
[Wed Jan 28 20:24:18 2015] : Miriam: "Highly appreciated"
[Wed Jan 28 20:24:31 2015] : Guard: She unbars the stockade gate steps inside and hauls out a bound tengu. He struggles useless and glare definately.
[Wed Jan 28 20:25:29 2015] : Miriam: "Thank you. Right, let's go."
[Wed Jan 28 20:25:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "Bring him, Miriam"
[Wed Jan 28 20:26:15 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn heads off looking for somewhere secluded"
[Wed Jan 28 20:26:33 2015] : Miriam: Miriam grabs the prisoner, not gently, but not hurting him either, and drags him over.
[Wed Jan 28 20:26:38 2015] : Guard: The path to the river winds through the tree ferns and is deserted.
[Wed Jan 28 20:27:10 2015] : Vaddyn: "Looks quiet enough here
[Wed Jan 28 20:27:13 2015] : Miriam: "Your last moments can at least be useful."
[Wed Jan 28 20:27:13 2015] : Vaddyn: "Looks quiet enough here"
[Wed Jan 28 20:28:07 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes out his water bottle and offers it to the tengu
[Wed Jan 28 20:28:19 2015] : Vaddyn: "Thirsty?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:28:37 2015] : DM: The tengu nods warily.
[Wed Jan 28 20:29:04 2015] : DM: Hands bound behind his back he cannot take the bottle.
[Wed Jan 28 20:29:05 2015] : Miriam: "Sit down, please. This might take some time."
[Wed Jan 28 20:29:21 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn carefully tips the bottle so he can have a drink
[Wed Jan 28 20:29:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "So what got you into this trouble?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:22 2015] : DM: "I say nothing." he says definantely.
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:47 2015] : Hildy: ooc is he physically injured?
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:52 2015] : Miriam: "You don't trust us. Fair enough."
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:53 2015] : Hildy: Heal: [1d20(16) + 5 + 0] = 21
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:54 2015] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Jan 28 20:30:54 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok, how about if I said we could maybe help you?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:31:07 2015] : DM: "What sort of trick is this?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:31:52 2015] : Vaddyn: "No trick. Miriam, please cut the bindings on his hands"
[Wed Jan 28 20:31:57 2015] : Miriam: "No trick."
[Wed Jan 28 20:32:22 2015] : Akiak: "We don't do this kind of tricks"
[Wed Jan 28 20:32:28 2015] : Miriam: "Sure. Just don't run away, you don't want us to chase you."
[Wed Jan 28 20:32:41 2015] : Akiak: "Freedom is not exactly something you play with"
[Wed Jan 28 20:32:58 2015] : Vaddyn: "We have been given you to use as live bait to help kill the Serpent in the river, so you haven't much to lose by telling us"
[Wed Jan 28 20:33:04 2015] : Miriam: "And you will need to be bound again when we leave here, for as long as we're in sight."
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:08 2015] : DM: The tengu stretches and flexes his unbound hands but still looks at you distrustfully.
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:23 2015] : DM: "I will still tell you nothing."
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:41 2015] : Miriam: "No skin of my nose"
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:47 2015] : Vaddyn: "Ok, it doesn't really change anything. I was just curious"
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:55 2015] : Akiak: ooc what do we want him to tell us exactly?
[Wed Jan 28 20:34:58 2015] : Miriam: "Hungry?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:35:14 2015] : Miriam: ooc Just making conversation
[Wed Jan 28 20:35:20 2015] : Akiak: ooc k
[Wed Jan 28 20:35:30 2015] : DM: "Yes."
[Wed Jan 28 20:35:32 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Our enemies traitor may know somethign useful
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:02 2015] : Hildy: Hildy shows the Tengu his holy symbol
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:08 2015] : Miriam: "How about you tell us about this place? And what do you know about the serpent?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:12 2015] : Hildy: "Do you know this symbol?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:13 2015] : Vaddyn: "As I said Holt wants us to use you as live bait, but we're not going to do that"
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:16 2015] : DM: ooc saying you're going to feed him to a serpent seems on odd way of getting information from a potential ally...
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:56 2015] : Hildy: ooc 3 people talking to him at once :-/
[Wed Jan 28 20:36:57 2015] : DM: "I do not know the symbol and I am glad I will not be serpent bait today." he hestitates. "My name is Pica."
[Wed Jan 28 20:37:33 2015] : Hildy: "The symbol is that of my god... My god is a god of good, and of freedom"
[Wed Jan 28 20:37:40 2015] : Hildy: "I despise slavery"
[Wed Jan 28 20:37:55 2015] : DM: "Then why do you work for Her?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:37:58 2015] : Hildy: "Yet we have to infiltrate the cam"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:02 2015] : Hildy: ooc camp
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "We dont, not really"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:23 2015] : Vaddyn: "We want to get close to her, for other reasons"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:27 2015] : Hildy: "We cannot take down the system without doing it properly"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:36 2015] : DM: "Then we are... allies?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:40 2015] : Miriam: "I get we're confusing you. My remark earlier was meant for other ears than yours. We're not going to use you as bait, but people here need to think we are."
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:44 2015] : Vaddyn: "I hope so"
[Wed Jan 28 20:38:57 2015] : Miriam: "We're not enemies, at any rate"
[Wed Jan 28 20:39:06 2015] : Pica: "Then allow me to return to the resistance. I have much information for them."
[Wed Jan 28 20:39:09 2015] : Hildy: "We helped two of your kind escape earlier"
[Wed Jan 28 20:39:47 2015] : Hildy: "And we brought the two bodies of those that had died back to your folk, rather than desecrate their bodies for the beaks"
[Wed Jan 28 20:39:57 2015] : Hildy: "We are not the enemy"
[Wed Jan 28 20:40:30 2015] : Pica: "Then you will let me go?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:40:50 2015] : Vaddyn: "Yes, but not yet"
[Wed Jan 28 20:41:11 2015] : Vaddyn: "We need them to think you were killed or they will hunt you down"
[Wed Jan 28 20:41:17 2015] : Hildy: "If we let you go before we kill the serpent, it will be known that we did so"
[Wed Jan 28 20:41:19 2015] : Miriam: "For now we need each other to get our of here safely"
[Wed Jan 28 20:41:29 2015] : Pica: "Very well."
[Wed Jan 28 20:41:38 2015] : Hildy: "Can we contact your resistance group on the way?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:42:31 2015] : Pica: "No. The camp is distant, deeper in the forest."
[Wed Jan 28 20:44:04 2015] : Akiak: ooc I need chocolate
[Wed Jan 28 20:44:19 2015] : Artur: "Then let us hunt a serpent, and you can return to the camp once it is dead."
[Wed Jan 28 20:44:46 2015] : Vaddyn: "We'll need to tie you up again, but not tightly"
[Wed Jan 28 20:44:58 2015] : DM: Pica agrees.
[Wed Jan 28 20:45:52 2015] : DM: You head off again reaching the river bank. A wooden jetty stretches out over the muddy bank and into the gray water.
[Wed Jan 28 20:46:09 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn wraps the ropes around his wrists and tucks the ends in
[Wed Jan 28 20:46:38 2015] : Hildy: "Miriam, you are most likely to need to get close"
[Wed Jan 28 20:46:46 2015] : Hildy: "Come here a second..."
[Wed Jan 28 20:46:51 2015] : Hildy: Freedom of Movement: Level 4 - You or a creature you touch move and attack normally for the duration of the spell (works vs. grapple, web etc.; Duration: 90 minutes.
[Wed Jan 28 20:47:13 2015] : Hildy: "That should see you walk freely in this mud"
[Wed Jan 28 20:47:28 2015] : Artur: "See if we can lure it out of the water. It will be at a disadvantage then."
[Wed Jan 28 20:47:38 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks about to see if anyone is around
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:07 2015] : DM: The river bank is empty of people.
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:20 2015] : Hildy: "Is this serpent likely to have an energy attack?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:20 2015] : Miriam: "So where is it?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:32 2015] : DM: knowledge: arcana check.
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:33 2015] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(3) + 12] = 15
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:41 2015] : Artur: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(1) + 19] = 20
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:47 2015] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(5) + 9] = 14
[Wed Jan 28 20:48:48 2015] : Miriam: Miriam thinks about it
[Wed Jan 28 20:49:43 2015] : DM: Without knowing what type of serpent it is you don't know exactly. But most normal serpents do not. Perhaps a giant tengu-eating one also does not?
[Wed Jan 28 20:49:53 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 28 20:50:07 2015] : Hildy: "I guess we can wait and see"
[Wed Jan 28 20:50:51 2015] : Artur: "So, how do we bait this thing out? Can we create an illusion of our friend here?"
[Wed Jan 28 20:51:13 2015] : Vaddyn: "Yeah, I was thinking of doing that"
[Wed Jan 28 20:51:52 2015] : DM: ooc have a miniature for the illusion.
[Wed Jan 28 20:51:59 2015] : Vaddyn: "Can make any noise though, so not sure how good it will be"
[Wed Jan 28 20:52:17 2015] : Artur: "It is probably easier if we base the illusion on a real creature. I should be able to make some small sounds, like those of a creature splashing in panic."
[Wed Jan 28 20:52:22 2015] : Artur: ooc Ghost Sound: yay.
[Wed Jan 28 20:52:28 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perfect"
[Wed Jan 28 20:52:55 2015] : Vaddyn: "We could base ourselves ont he jetty and have it splash up and down the muddy bank"
[Wed Jan 28 20:54:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hopefully it will come out of the water a little"
[Wed Jan 28 20:54:08 2015] : DM: ooc Position your miniature please.
[Wed Jan 28 20:54:35 2015] : Hildy: Hildy touches the Tengu, Miriam and Akiak
[Wed Jan 28 20:54:37 2015] : Hildy: Remove Fear: Level 1 - Creature gains a +4 morale bonus against fear effects. (duration: 10 minutes; range 47 feet; 3 Creatures affected)
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:02 2015] : Miriam: ooc Nice touch!
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:06 2015] : Akiak: ooc are the posts posts behind which you can hide?
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:29 2015] : Vaddyn: "Nice idea Hildy"
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:32 2015] : Vaddyn: Remove Fear: Level 1 - Vaddyn grants 3 creatures +4 morale bonus vs Fear and suppresses all fear effects for 10 minutes .
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:33 2015] : Akiak: ooc those on the jetty?
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:33 2015] : Hildy: ooc That's one of my domain spells, I have it every frickin day but I have never used it!
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:42 2015] : DM: The posts stick up around 2 m above the deck of the jetty and they're about 1 m in diameter.
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:51 2015] : Vaddyn: "Vaddyn covers the rest of the party"
[Wed Jan 28 20:55:59 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn covers the rest of the party
[Wed Jan 28 20:56:01 2015] : Artur: In which case I'll be a bit closer to the front
[Wed Jan 28 20:56:09 2015] : Akiak: ooc ok, so yes for a halfling I guess.
[Wed Jan 28 20:56:19 2015] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:03 2015] : Akiak: Akiak is hiding behind a post, looking at the end of the jetty
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:14 2015] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(11) + 21] = 32
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:33 2015] : Akiak: ooc I guess I'm not moving tso using this one:
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:35 2015] : Akiak: Stealth (stationary for at least one round): [1d20(6) + 24] = 30
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:37 2015] : DM: Miriam are you in position?
[Wed Jan 28 20:57:54 2015] : Hildy: Hildy hides behind the pillar
[Wed Jan 28 20:58:01 2015] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 24] = 41
[Wed Jan 28 20:58:19 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn pulls a wand out of his back
[Wed Jan 28 20:58:20 2015] : Miriam: ooc Yes, I am
[Wed Jan 28 20:58:26 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn waves the wand and a shimmering shield appears granting +4 AC for 1 minute.
[Wed Jan 28 20:58:43 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc crappy duration for a pre-buff
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:17 2015] : DM: The illusion wallows about in the mud. Nothing happens immediatly as you wait.
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:24 2015] : DM: You wait...
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:24 2015] : Miriam: Miriam holds on to her axe as she scans the water
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:29 2015] : DM: ooc for how long?
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:37 2015] : Hildy: ooc it's cast at level 1 :-(
[Wed Jan 28 20:59:43 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah
[Wed Jan 28 21:00:14 2015] : Miriam: "Dinner is served! Come and get it!"
[Wed Jan 28 21:00:26 2015] : Artur: Artur keeps his illusory sound going, mimicking someone splashing in terror
[Wed Jan 28 21:00:27 2015] : Hildy: ooc there it is... on the right!
[Wed Jan 28 21:00:44 2015] : Akiak: ooc it's huge! /me runs
[Wed Jan 28 21:00:55 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Look out, its coming right for us
[Wed Jan 28 21:01:14 2015] : DM: Vaddyn's spell runs out...
[Wed Jan 28 21:01:37 2015] : Vaddyn: "Hmm"
[Wed Jan 28 21:01:40 2015] : DM: Doesn't look like the illusion is working.
[Wed Jan 28 21:01:58 2015] : Artur: "Who is our best swimmer?"
[Wed Jan 28 21:02:03 2015] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps we need someone in the water"
[Wed Jan 28 21:02:20 2015] : Miriam: "Want me to go out there?"
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:02 2015] : Vaddyn: "How well can you swim?"
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:09 2015] : Hildy: "You're best, as the spell I cast means you can walk in mud and water like air"
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:22 2015] : Miriam: "Well enough not to drown in there"
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:36 2015] : Hildy: "Don't go over your head!"
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:44 2015] : Miriam: ooc But can I still swim?
[Wed Jan 28 21:03:46 2015] : DM: The river is deep, the banks falling away steeply.
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:08 2015] : Hildy: ooc I'm not sure... Gut feeling is no
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:18 2015] : Miriam: Miriam ties a rope to a post, the other end in the water, just in case she needs to get out fast.
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:23 2015] : Artur: ooc I'd think you can, as it's freedom of movement
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:29 2015] : Hildy: ooc although buffs don't normally have negative effects
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:31 2015] : DM: ooc if the water offers no resistance swimming is impossible.
[Wed Jan 28 21:04:49 2015] : Hildy: ooc it's magic, not physics though
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:08 2015] : Miriam: Miriam jumps in the water
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:13 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc hold on
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:21 2015] : DM: *Splash*
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:43 2015] : DM: Miriam sinks rapidly. The water here is well over 3 m deep
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:52 2015] : Miriam: Swim: [1d20(11) + 9] = 20
[Wed Jan 28 21:05:59 2015] : Akiak: ooc yay! Dreadful DM is on a roll :P
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:05 2015] : Hildy: ooc just walk out
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:10 2015] : DM: Suddenly...
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:15 2015] : Artur: ooc ...
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:16 2015] : Sea Serpent: Bite: [1d20(11) + 23] = 34; Hit: [4d8(4,1,5,7) + 22] = 39 damage and grab.
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:18 2015] : Akiak: ooc ...
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:32 2015] : Hildy: ooc freedom
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:36 2015] : Artur: ooc fortunately the grab doesn't apply :)
[Wed Jan 28 21:06:57 2015] : Sea Serpent: She feels massive jaws shut tight around her biting down hard. She slips free from the jaws.
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:14 2015] : Hildy: ooc you can move at your normal speed to get your head above water
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:29 2015] : Hildy: ooc are we aware?
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:35 2015] : Miriam: 39 Damage: Miriam takes 38 damage. [Wed Jan 28 21:07:46 2015] : Sea Serpent: The rest of you see the murky water surge aboiut 25 ft away from the jetty.
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:53 2015] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:57 2015] : Artur: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:59 2015] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Jan 28 21:07:59 2015] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:01 2015] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:03 2015] : Miriam: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:10 2015] : Akiak: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:23 2015] : Hildy: ooc 5, 6, 7, 8, 9!
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:30 2015] : Akiak: ooc I am going to be so useless in this...
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:38 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc wow
[Wed Jan 28 21:08:38 2015] : Artur: ooc I suspect I will too...
[Wed Jan 28 21:09:15 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc Boil the river dry!!!!
[Wed Jan 28 21:09:55 2015] : DM: Artur? All you can see is the bow wave from the serpent beneath the murky waters.
[Wed Jan 28 21:09:57 2015] : Artur: Artur recognises that fire will not be as useful underwater
[Wed Jan 28 21:09:59 2015] : Miriam: ooc Maybe we should have used the prisoner as bait ;)
[Wed Jan 28 21:10:10 2015] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed Jan 28 21:10:37 2015] : Artur: ooc delay until after Miriam
[Wed Jan 28 21:10:44 2015] : DM: Akiak?
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:02 2015] : DM: ooc is everyone going to do that?
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:04 2015] : Akiak: ooc you tied the rope to the post right?
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:13 2015] : Miriam: ooc Yep
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:31 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc I was going to cast a spell
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:36 2015] : Hildy: ooc not me
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:37 2015] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:44 2015] : Akiak: Akiak goes to the post that has the rope and hides behind it, ready to help out Miriam to get out
[Wed Jan 28 21:11:55 2015] : Akiak: ooc which one is it?
[Wed Jan 28 21:12:20 2015] : DM: ooc left?
[Wed Jan 28 21:12:22 2015] : Miriam: ooc The front left one
[Wed Jan 28 21:12:33 2015] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 21] = 35
[Wed Jan 28 21:12:40 2015] : Akiak: done.
[Wed Jan 28 21:12:46 2015] : DM: Readying a action to pull?
[Wed Jan 28 21:13:17 2015] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jan 28 21:13:24 2015] : Akiak: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 28 21:13:32 2015] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Jan 28 21:13:35 2015] : Vaddyn: Confusion: Level 3 - Confuses creatures in a 15 ft. radius burst (Will save DC 18) to negate;
Confused creatures actions are determined at the start of their round. (190 ft range; Duration = 9 rounds.)

[Wed Jan 28 21:13:55 2015] : Vaddyn: ooc centred on serpy
[Wed Jan 28 21:14:00 2015] : DM: Will: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8
[Wed Jan 28 21:14:04 2015] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jan 28 21:14:32 2015] : DM: The serpent wasn't deep enough to avoid the spell.
[Wed Jan 28 21:14:47 2015] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jan 28 21:15:15 2015] : Hildy: Hildy moves at 1/2 speed to retain his (visual) stealth
[Wed Jan 28 21:15:51 2015] : Hildy: Blessing of Fervour: Level 4 - You grant a boon to up to 9 creatures, no 2 of which can be more than 30 feet apart. (Range: 47 feet; Duration: 9 rounds).
Each round, recipients can choose: