Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Dec 3 20:14:37 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Dec 3 20:15:04 2014] : Hildy: ooc I presume that was to the C#, as I'd already said I was ready for the game
[Wed Dec 3 20:15:12 2014] : DM: You have crossed into the plane of shadows, ending up in a storeroom in the shadow castle in shadow Port Dagger
[Wed Dec 3 20:15:22 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc heh, yeah
[Wed Dec 3 20:15:56 2014] : DM: There you met Akiak who unlocked the door opening into the empty corridor.
[Wed Dec 3 20:17:12 2014] : Akiak: ooc well, I had a key. ;)
[Wed Dec 3 20:17:23 2014] : DM: You are familiar with the layout of the castle. The kitchens are above, then the great hall.
[Wed Dec 3 20:17:38 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(10) + 22] = 32
[Wed Dec 3 20:18:28 2014] : DM: Stairs then lead up to the living quarters of the commander (presumably the Lady's quarters here). A large adjcent tower is (on the material plane) the residence of Tomaz the court wizard but you don't know who might live there here.
[Wed Dec 3 20:18:56 2014] : DM: Below you are the dungeons and cells and below that are the ancient catacombs and crypts.
[Wed Dec 3 20:19:42 2014] : DM: Outside is the ward (courtyard) with the stables and smithy and barracks surrounding.
[Wed Dec 3 20:19:53 2014] : DM: Then there is the town itself and its encircling walls.
[Wed Dec 3 20:20:20 2014] : DM: ooc today is an opportunity to explore. Go!
[Wed Dec 3 20:20:58 2014] : Vaddyn: "May as well head up and look around"
[Wed Dec 3 20:21:13 2014] : Hildy: "Let's try to be quiet though"
[Wed Dec 3 20:21:13 2014] : Akiak: "We should indeed."
[Wed Dec 3 20:21:19 2014] : Vaddyn: "I doubt there will be much of interest in the cells and crypts"
[Wed Dec 3 20:22:10 2014] : Akiak: "OK, this I can tell you. There isn't.
[Wed Dec 3 20:22:49 2014] : Miriam: "No one imprisoned here?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:23:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "No one of interest anyway"
[Wed Dec 3 20:23:20 2014] : Akiak: "Yes, there are prisonners"
[Wed Dec 3 20:24:13 2014] : Hildy: "What sort of prisoners?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:24:37 2014] : Akiak: "Humans"
[Wed Dec 3 20:25:47 2014] : Akiak: "Maybe the Lady's cohort or something. I'm not sure what or who they are."
[Wed Dec 3 20:26:24 2014] : Akiak: "But...if I may ask. Why did you come here?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:26:25 2014] : Hildy: "Are they alive, or..?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:27:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "We are looking for information about the Ladys plans and... intentions"
[Wed Dec 3 20:27:15 2014] : Akiak: "Or?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:27:47 2014] : Akiak: "Ah, that. Well, I guess I was too. Got drawn into this...well. Hmpf."
[Wed Dec 3 20:28:11 2014] : Akiak: Akiak just mumbles at herself and seems a tiny bit angry
[Wed Dec 3 20:28:17 2014] : Akiak: "Anyway".
[Wed Dec 3 20:28:51 2014] : Akiak: "So I guess our goals meet somehow. I followed a shadow azata through and now I'm stuck here"
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:00 2014] : Akiak: "I suppose you have a way to get back?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:08 2014] : Hildy: "Two"
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:17 2014] : Akiak: "I just hope you'll be so kind as to let me use it too."
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:23 2014] : Hildy: "I can return us, but we have an item"
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:24 2014] : Akiak: "Oh, two. Even better."
[Wed Dec 3 20:29:36 2014] : Akiak: "Sounds good"
[Wed Dec 3 20:30:30 2014] : Miriam: "You are welcome to join us, but are you sure you want to? Our mission isn't without risk"
[Wed Dec 3 20:32:13 2014] : Akiak: "Well, stuck here, I can't do much anyway"
[Wed Dec 3 20:32:23 2014] : Akiak: "And risk is part of my life I guess"
[Wed Dec 3 20:32:27 2014] : Akiak: "So yeah, I'll join"
[Wed Dec 3 20:32:39 2014] : Akiak: "I have a few skills that I hope can be of use"
[Wed Dec 3 20:33:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "Excellent! Care to take the lead?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:33:46 2014] : Akiak: "Well, I don't really know the way much. I've been mostly stck in that storage room"
[Wed Dec 3 20:34:14 2014] : Hildy: "You only just found the key? Or it was necessary to remain there?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:34:59 2014] : Akiak: "It was on the door when I got in."
[Wed Dec 3 20:35:03 2014] : Akiak: "I took it with me"
[Wed Dec 3 20:35:41 2014] : Akiak: "But the city is really a replica of the one we nknow"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:02 2014] : Hildy: "So what made you stay in the cupboard? Are there patrols?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:09 2014] : Akiak: "Assuming you're familiar with Port Dagger
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:27 2014] : Akiak: "Well, let's say I was gathering my wits and formulating a plan"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:28 2014] : Vaddyn: "We've spent time there, but we're not natives"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:32 2014] : Akiak: "Never got too far"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:36 2014] : Akiak: "Then you appeared"
[Wed Dec 3 20:36:49 2014] : Akiak: Knowledge Local: [1d20(14) + 4] = 18
[Wed Dec 3 20:37:10 2014] : Akiak: "I know the city a bit. Any place you want to see in particular?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:38:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "We need information about the Lady and hopefully proof of her intentions in order to prevent a possible war"
[Wed Dec 3 20:38:31 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc is that correct?
[Wed Dec 3 20:38:35 2014] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 3 20:38:45 2014] : Miriam: "Smart, getting to know the lay of the land first, so to speak, before running around"
[Wed Dec 3 20:38:58 2014] : Akiak: "Sounds like a plan"
[Wed Dec 3 20:39:12 2014] : Akiak: "I'd suggest trying to find out what/who is in the big buildings"
[Wed Dec 3 20:39:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lucky we found you, as we dont have that luxury"
[Wed Dec 3 20:39:30 2014] : Akiak: ooc which luxury?
[Wed Dec 3 20:39:40 2014] : Akiak: ooc of knowing the city?
[Wed Dec 3 20:39:44 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc luxury of time to scout around
[Wed Dec 3 20:40:09 2014] : Hildy: "OK, any building in particular? What about Tomaz's tower?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:40:19 2014] : Akiak: ooc I didn't really have that, if that wasn't clear.
[Wed Dec 3 20:40:36 2014] : Vaddyn: "Yes, perhaps his shadow counterpart will be as helpful as he has been"
[Wed Dec 3 20:40:52 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc was just playing off what Miriam said
[Wed Dec 3 20:40:56 2014] : Akiak: "Yes, I was thinking the same"."Visit the big, or "prominent" buildings in the hope of finding out where the lady stays at"
[Wed Dec 3 20:43:16 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets head for the tower first"
[Wed Dec 3 20:43:46 2014] : Hildy: "OK, let's move... but quietly!"
[Wed Dec 3 20:43:52 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 22] = 36
[Wed Dec 3 20:44:02 2014] : Akiak: "Sure"
[Wed Dec 3 20:44:07 2014] : DM: You climb the stairs to the kitchens, passing through the deserted rooms until you reach the door to the main hall.
[Wed Dec 3 20:44:09 2014] : Vaddyn: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Dec 3 20:45:01 2014] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(15) + 21] = 36
[Wed Dec 3 20:45:09 2014] : DM: You hear people talking on the otherside. There are about 4 voices, hushed and speaking in celestial.
[Wed Dec 3 20:45:32 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc oh oh I know that
[Wed Dec 3 20:45:37 2014] : Miriam: Stealth: [1d20(1) + -1] = 0
[Wed Dec 3 20:46:12 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc they stop when miriam walks into the door :)
[Wed Dec 3 20:46:14 2014] : DM: Miriam rattles and clanks loudly. She wisely waits for the steathier people to give the all clear.
[Wed Dec 3 20:47:21 2014] : Voice 1: "The Lady gathers her forces and she will soon have the other factions."
[Wed Dec 3 20:47:40 2014] : Voice 2: "Yes, we must act soon."
[Wed Dec 3 20:48:14 2014] : Voice 2: Voice 3
[Wed Dec 3 20:48:56 2014] : Voice 3: "Before she has time to gather more mortals to her banner."
[Wed Dec 3 20:49:00 2014] : Akiak: brb loo
[Wed Dec 3 20:49:38 2014] : Hildy: Hildy listens intently... Not understanding a word
[Wed Dec 3 20:51:05 2014] : Akiak: ooc ?
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:03 2014] : Hildy: ooc Celestial
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:17 2014] : Voice 1: "We are agreed on the plan? Turn some mortals to act against her and her plan will be in ruins.""
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:24 2014] : Akiak: ooc do any of us understand that?
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:30 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn motions for the others that he is listening
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:32 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc me
[Wed Dec 3 20:52:35 2014] : Akiak: ooc k
[Wed Dec 3 20:53:05 2014] : Voice 3: "The mortals she has are already under her influence. Where will we find such?"
[Wed Dec 3 20:53:47 2014] : Voice 3: "We cannot travel to the material plane, she watches us too closely."
[Wed Dec 3 20:55:10 2014] : Voice 1: "I know of a way. Her Left Hand will aid us. I have leverage."
[Wed Dec 3 20:55:30 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has a puzzled look on his face
[Wed Dec 3 20:55:46 2014] : Voice 2: "Sssh. A servent approaches."
[Wed Dec 3 20:55:51 2014] : Hildy: Hildy has a more puzzled look on his face
[Wed Dec 3 20:56:14 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks around worriedly
[Wed Dec 3 20:56:15 2014] : DM: There is the sound of footsteps as the speakers begin to disperse.
[Wed Dec 3 20:58:32 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc where are the footsteps coming from?
[Wed Dec 3 20:59:18 2014] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(18) + 14] = 32
[Wed Dec 3 20:59:33 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks slightly bored
[Wed Dec 3 20:59:47 2014] : Akiak: ooc trying to slisten to footsteps
[Wed Dec 3 21:00:19 2014] : DM: The footsteps are moving away in different directions
[Wed Dec 3 21:00:46 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc ah, sorry thought the steps were of the servant
[Wed Dec 3 21:01:03 2014] : Akiak: ooc thought the same :)
[Wed Dec 3 21:01:08 2014] : DM: A quieter set approaches, with a clicking of claws.
[Wed Dec 3 21:01:37 2014] : Vaddyn: (whispers) "Hide"
[Wed Dec 3 21:02:48 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 22] = 42
[Wed Dec 3 21:02:48 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks around for somewhere to hide
[Wed Dec 3 21:02:54 2014] : Akiak: Akiak freezes and slowly dissolves in shadow
[Wed Dec 3 21:02:57 2014] : Akiak: Stealth (stationary for at least one round): [1d20(10) + 24] = 34
[Wed Dec 3 21:03:08 2014] : DM: The steps begin to move away again. Seems like the servant was just passing through.
[Wed Dec 3 21:03:14 2014] : Hildy: Hildy merges into the wall
[Wed Dec 3 21:03:15 2014] : Akiak: ooc assuming I can stay stationary for the equivalent of one round ;)
[Wed Dec 3 21:03:28 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn starts breathing again
[Wed Dec 3 21:04:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok, heres what I heard"
[Wed Dec 3 21:05:15 2014] : Miriam: Stealth: [1d20(5) + -1] = 4
[Wed Dec 3 21:05:17 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tells the others about the conversation
[Wed Dec 3 21:06:39 2014] : Miriam: "So there are people here that disagree with the Lady. We knew that already of course. But what are her intentions?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:06:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "So they are clearly against the Lady"
[Wed Dec 3 21:07:07 2014] : Hildy: "But which of the factions is trying to cause war?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:07:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "Of course until we know whats really going on, we can't know which side we are on"
[Wed Dec 3 21:08:08 2014] : Akiak: "Did I understand well that those are also trying to levy a human army of sorts"?
[Wed Dec 3 21:09:53 2014] : Vaddyn: "I think so, to oppose those that the Lady has gathered"
[Wed Dec 3 21:11:32 2014] : Vaddyn: "Do we risk entering the hall?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:11:51 2014] : DM: The great hall is quiet. It's probably safe to move on.
[Wed Dec 3 21:12:01 2014] : Hildy: "I think they left"
[Wed Dec 3 21:12:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets keep heading for the tower"
[Wed Dec 3 21:12:16 2014] : Hildy: "I doubt that they left any clues to help us though"£
[Wed Dec 3 21:12:29 2014] : Akiak: "This is kind of a complicated story, isn't it?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:12:44 2014] : Vaddyn: "No, I would assume anyone opposing the Lady here would be very careful"
[Wed Dec 3 21:14:06 2014] : DM: The way to the tower is clear and the climb the spiral stone stairs.
[Wed Dec 3 21:14:59 2014] : Hildy: "OK, does anyone want to sneak up the last bit and listen?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:15:01 2014] : DM: Through the narrow windows you can look out across the gray and gloomy town. Dim lights, faint orange glows in the gloomy fog.
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:08 2014] : DM: Anyone sneaking up?
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:29 2014] : Miriam: ooc Not me ;)
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:38 2014] : Akiak: ooc I'll do it.
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:42 2014] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(2) + 21] = 23
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:43 2014] : Vaddyn: "I think Akiak would be best"
[Wed Dec 3 21:17:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "Hold on"
[Wed Dec 3 21:18:00 2014] : Akiak: ooc Hildy is actually better at stealth than I am ;)
[Wed Dec 3 21:18:26 2014] : Vaddyn: Message: Level 0 - Mends [1d4(4)] = 4 points of damage on one object of up to 9 lbs
[Wed Dec 3 21:18:36 2014] : Vaddyn: oco whoops. need to fix that text
[Wed Dec 3 21:18:44 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc cast message on Akiak
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:00 2014] : Akiak: ooc lol.
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:05 2014] : Akiak: ooc what does message do?
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:17 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I can hear you whispering
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc handy for scouting
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:29 2014] : Miriam: ooc I love message!
[Wed Dec 3 21:19:58 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc actually, its 1 person/level so I cover all of us
[Wed Dec 3 21:20:10 2014] : Akiak: ooc cool
[Wed Dec 3 21:21:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Message: Level 0 - Message: You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies from 9 creatures for 90 minutes
[Wed Dec 3 21:21:10 2014] : Akiak: ooc Can I use a ninja trick?
[Wed Dec 3 21:21:31 2014] : Hildy: ooc slices fruit in half!
[Wed Dec 3 21:21:41 2014] : Akiak: ooc lol, no I won't use it forget it.
[Wed Dec 3 21:21:53 2014] : Akiak: ooc forgot it was round based.
[Wed Dec 3 21:23:07 2014] : DM: Akiak creeps up the final flight of steps.
[Wed Dec 3 21:23:17 2014] : DM: The door is closed.
[Wed Dec 3 21:23:20 2014] : Akiak: Alkiak goes forward, trying to describe the lay of the land
[Wed Dec 3 21:23:25 2014] : Akiak: ooc sorry
[Wed Dec 3 21:24:25 2014] : DM: Steath check
[Wed Dec 3 21:24:43 2014] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(2) + 21] = 23
[Wed Dec 3 21:24:50 2014] : Akiak: ooc geez.
[Wed Dec 3 21:25:10 2014] : DM: ok
[Wed Dec 3 21:26:41 2014] : DM: The door sits there quietly.
[Wed Dec 3 21:26:58 2014] : Akiak: ooc sorry, missed that
[Wed Dec 3 21:27:12 2014] : Akiak: Akiak whispers back to her companions
[Wed Dec 3 21:27:33 2014] : Akiak: "Door closed, I'm going to see if it's just closed or also locked"
[Wed Dec 3 21:27:51 2014] : Akiak: Akiak tries the door as quietly as she can.
[Wed Dec 3 21:27:53 2014] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(16) + 21] = 37
[Wed Dec 3 21:28:03 2014] : DM: The door is locked.
[Wed Dec 3 21:28:25 2014] : Akiak: ooc can the others communicate with me also?
[Wed Dec 3 21:28:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "ok, be careful"
[Wed Dec 3 21:28:54 2014] : Miriam: ooc No, it all goes through the spell caster
[Wed Dec 3 21:29:02 2014] : Akiak: "Door is locked, should I try and open it?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:29:12 2014] : Akiak: ooc that's what I meant, whether he can talk back to me
[Wed Dec 3 21:29:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "may as well"
[Wed Dec 3 21:29:39 2014] : Miriam: ooc He can whisper back at you, yes
[Wed Dec 3 21:29:49 2014] : Akiak: Disable device: [1d20(14) + 19] = 33
[Wed Dec 3 21:30:11 2014] : Akiak: Akiak first tries to probe for funky business around the door
[Wed Dec 3 21:30:21 2014] : Akiak: ooc that should have been a perception chek I guess?
[Wed Dec 3 21:30:29 2014] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 3 21:30:30 2014] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Dec 3 21:30:41 2014] : Akiak: trying to notice anything unusual about that door.
[Wed Dec 3 21:31:28 2014] : DM: The door has a unusually complex lock but there are no traps or other devices that you can detect.
[Wed Dec 3 21:31:39 2014] : Akiak: ok, trying to unlock it.
[Wed Dec 3 21:31:45 2014] : Akiak: ooc should I reroll?
[Wed Dec 3 21:32:24 2014] : DM: You pick the lock, the well oiled mechanism moving easily under your lockpicks.
[Wed Dec 3 21:33:02 2014] : DM: There are six levers and a pick guard to negotiate but you mange with ease.
[Wed Dec 3 21:33:16 2014] : Akiak: ooc wow
[Wed Dec 3 21:33:52 2014] : Akiak: Once done with the lock, Akiak explains to the other the nature of the lock
[Wed Dec 3 21:34:13 2014] : Akiak: whispering: "It's surely guarding something interesting, to be so intricate"
[Wed Dec 3 21:34:27 2014] : Vaddyn: "I have no idea what you are saying, but it sounds impressive"
[Wed Dec 3 21:35:38 2014] : Akiak: Akiak opens the door and looks around
[Wed Dec 3 21:35:43 2014] : Akiak: Stealth: [1d20(13) + 21] = 34
[Wed Dec 3 21:36:33 2014] : DM: The door swings open revealing a office with a large desk and on the left hand side many cabinets and drawers.
[Wed Dec 3 21:36:45 2014] : DM: The desk is stacked with folders of paper.
[Wed Dec 3 21:36:58 2014] : DM: On the right is a door (closed) leading to other chambers.
[Wed Dec 3 21:37:08 2014] : DM: Perception check.
[Wed Dec 3 21:37:15 2014] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Dec 3 21:37:38 2014] : DM: The room is quiet.
[Wed Dec 3 21:38:34 2014] : Akiak: Probing the other door to see whether it's locked and/or trapped
[Wed Dec 3 21:38:56 2014] : Akiak: before that, listening intently at what could be behind
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:06 2014] : Akiak: Perception: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:10 2014] : DM: You step into the room. The door closing behind you.
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:15 2014] : Hildy: "Is she in?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:23 2014] : Vaddyn: "Whats happening?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:32 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 22] = 27
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:46 2014] : Hildy: Hildy begins up the stairs
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:54 2014] : DM: "Tsk, tsk.someone says behind you."
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:56 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc of course I think the closed door will prevent the Message
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:57 2014] : Akiak: Akiak explains her surroundings
[Wed Dec 3 21:39:58 2014] : Hildy: ooc I was about to go up
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:02 2014] : DM: "Tsk, tsk" Someone says behind you
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:15 2014] : Akiak: Akiak turns around in a start"
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:19 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn starts following Hildy
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:21 2014] : Vaddyn: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 8] = 13
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:23 2014] : Akiak: Akiak turns around in a start
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:32 2014] : Spymaster: "Are you sure breaking into the Spymaster's chambers was all that wise?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:40:51 2014] : Akiak: Akiak manages a smile
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:09 2014] : Akiak: "Ah, darn, no it wasn't. I guess. But it's a pleasure to meet you"
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:13 2014] : Spymaster: The figure is cloaked in black with a deep hood. A black crow-like beak protruding out of the hood.
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:18 2014] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:36 2014] : Akiak: "Spymaster heh?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:49 2014] : Spymaster: It's voice is low and croaky. Reminding you somewhat of the call of a crow.
[Wed Dec 3 21:41:57 2014] : Akiak: Akiak is trying to make her conversation intelligible for Vaddyn
[Wed Dec 3 21:42:18 2014] : Akiak: "Well, what now?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:42:54 2014] : Spymaster: "Yes. Or perhaps the Left Hand of the Lady if you prefer. Or maybe Corvo to my friends. But I don't think you're a friend are you."
[Wed Dec 3 21:43:29 2014] : Akiak: "You tell me. I don't align that easily. Exspecially not if I don't know the people I am talking to"
[Wed Dec 3 21:43:43 2014] : Akiak: ooc does Vaddy hear what the guy says? Or just what I say?
[Wed Dec 3 21:43:44 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "An explanation perhaps. Or would you prefer my poisons?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:44:37 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc hmm, checking them spell description - "1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal (or a thin sheet of lead), or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks the spell"
[Wed Dec 3 21:44:57 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: ooc the door isn't that thick
[Wed Dec 3 21:45:01 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc so I should hear anything Akiak says
[Wed Dec 3 21:45:21 2014] : Akiak: "Well, the Left Hand of the Lady probably is the best person to ask for something that has been puzzling me all this time"
[Wed Dec 3 21:45:42 2014] : Akiak: "That is, the Lady's intentions with all these armies"
[Wed Dec 3 21:45:58 2014] : Akiak: "Or pseudo armies, I'm not sure"
[Wed Dec 3 21:46:09 2014] : Akiak: "So friend or foe, you have to tell me"
[Wed Dec 3 21:46:17 2014] : Akiak: "Because I really can't make up my mind"
[Wed Dec 3 21:46:37 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: He (or she?) laughs briefly, croakily. "You are bold, no subtly. Just ask for the information you seek."
[Wed Dec 3 21:47:33 2014] : Akiak: "Am I not dealing with one of the most powerful beings on this plane?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:47:45 2014] : Akiak: "And while I know how to sneak in the physical world"
[Wed Dec 3 21:47:50 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "And perhaps I'll tell you but before I do, please invite your associates up. I do so object to amatuer spies cluttering up my hallway."
[Wed Dec 3 21:47:55 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn races to the door and tries to open it
[Wed Dec 3 21:47:58 2014] : Akiak: "I like to be blunt enough in the realm of words. Saves time"
[Wed Dec 3 21:48:15 2014] : Akiak: "Heh. Of course you would have heard them."
[Wed Dec 3 21:48:18 2014] : Akiak: "As did I"
[Wed Dec 3 21:49:04 2014] : Akiak: "Please come in. In peace for now. It is not yet defined whether we've stumbled upon friend or foe"
[Wed Dec 3 21:49:11 2014] : Akiak: (to Vaddyn and crew"
[Wed Dec 3 21:49:16 2014] : Akiak: (to Vaddyn and crew)
[Wed Dec 3 21:49:29 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: Corvo moves over to his desk and sits down. resting his elbows on the top, bird-like clawed hands steepled. The right hand is withered and deformed.
[Wed Dec 3 21:49:35 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc when did we become your 'crew'? :P
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:07 2014] : Akiak: ooc lol
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:28 2014] : Akiak: "May I open the door?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:29 2014] : Miriam: ooc Or are we Vaddyn's crew now?
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:44 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: Corvo nods.
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:56 2014] : Akiak: Akiak goes to the door and opens it
[Wed Dec 3 21:50:57 2014] : Miriam: Miriam walks up, hand on axe, but weapon not drawn
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:25 2014] : Hildy: Hildy files in
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:29 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Oh dear. Did someone not tell you that all that armour is really not the attire for clandestine activities."
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:41 2014] : Hildy: "Who, me?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:48 2014] : Akiak: "He's alright"
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:51 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: (directly at Miriam)
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:51 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn walks in, bows his head briefly and looks for a chair
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:52 2014] : Hildy: "I have no idea what you mean"
[Wed Dec 3 21:51:56 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 22] = 36
[Wed Dec 3 21:52:10 2014] : Akiak: "It's her that's harder to conceal"
[Wed Dec 3 21:52:23 2014] : Akiak: Akiak points at Miriam, smiling
[Wed Dec 3 21:52:43 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Now that you're all here. Perhaps you care to explain what you are doing here?"
[Wed Dec 3 21:53:17 2014] : Miriam: "I'm not the hiding type, I'm more what you see is what you get."
[Wed Dec 3 21:53:23 2014] : Akiak: "If you don't lmind I'll hand the talking stick to others"
[Wed Dec 3 21:53:36 2014] : Akiak: "They surely will be more eloquent than I"
[Wed Dec 3 21:53:47 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Very well."
[Wed Dec 3 21:53:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "We are looking for information"
[Wed Dec 3 21:54:13 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Go on."
[Wed Dec 3 21:54:26 2014] : Vaddyn: "To be specific, information about The Lady, and her intentions on our Plane"
[Wed Dec 3 21:55:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "We have encountered her and seen the effects of her passing, which has caused concern"
[Wed Dec 3 21:55:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "We have also encountered... other denizens of the Shadow Plane"
[Wed Dec 3 21:55:52 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Pfff. That is hardly a secret. Her follows flock around her like birds, armed and armoured and baying for blood. Her mortal thralls gather in the ward just as eager to spill orc blood."
[Wed Dec 3 21:56:47 2014] : Vaddyn: "And yet, for all this, no-one really seems to know what she is doing"
[Wed Dec 3 21:57:03 2014] : Vaddyn: "or just as imporantly, why"
[Wed Dec 3 21:57:32 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "That is not so clear. What what can you offer in return."
[Wed Dec 3 21:57:34 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ultimately we seek to prevent a war between Human and Orc, neither of whom is in a position to fight one"
[Wed Dec 3 21:58:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "Precious little I fear, however this is not the first time today we have heard your name"
[Wed Dec 3 21:59:43 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: Corvo eyes you carefully for a while. Black, beady eye looking over each of you.
[Wed Dec 3 22:00:14 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Perhaps you can be a tool. You are clearly not without resources and skills."
[Wed Dec 3 22:00:58 2014] : Vaddyn: "Not a patch on yourself, apparently"
[Wed Dec 3 22:01:16 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "I have many tools available but recently I have found myself in need of something specific."
[Wed Dec 3 22:01:36 2014] : Hildy: "I don't mind being a tool, so long as our objectives align"
[Wed Dec 3 22:01:38 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Perhaps you will be that tool."
[Wed Dec 3 22:01:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "Go on"
[Wed Dec 3 22:02:03 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Excellent. I think that we can do business."
[Wed Dec 3 22:02:18 2014] : Miriam: "What are you asking, and what do you offer?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:03:06 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "As you may have guessed I am no azata fallen from the bright planes."
[Wed Dec 3 22:03:56 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "We Tengu ruled here many years ago and now I think it is time for the balance of power to shift."
[Wed Dec 3 22:04:47 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "You shall slay the Lady."
[Wed Dec 3 22:05:06 2014] : Akiak: "Well, talk about straightforward"
[Wed Dec 3 22:05:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "Well"
[Wed Dec 3 22:06:06 2014] : Vaddyn: "and how do you suggest we go about that?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:06:13 2014] : Hildy: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(8) + 0] = 8
[Wed Dec 3 22:06:48 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Something sharp and pointy between the ribs works well I find,"
[Wed Dec 3 22:07:19 2014] : Vaddyn: "I shall clarify - How do you suggest we do that without dieing"
[Wed Dec 3 22:07:42 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Oh. Well that will be more difficult."
[Wed Dec 3 22:09:07 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "I have been cultivating some of her rivals. They, ha, they think they a manipulating me."
[Wed Dec 3 22:09:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ah yes. I think we overheard some of them"
[Wed Dec 3 22:09:35 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "They will ask for a meeting on neutral ground and you will be their in ambush."
[Wed Dec 3 22:09:46 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "there in ambush"
[Wed Dec 3 22:11:05 2014] : Miriam: "Ambush? Us? Why would we want to do that?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:11:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "and what will killing them achieve?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:12:00 2014] : Hildy: "Or do they want a meeting with the Lady?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:13:02 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Precisely. The lady and her personal guard will be their. You, my tools, will strike and her blood will fuel the Tengu resistance."
[Wed Dec 3 22:14:07 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ah, so the rivals are meeting the Lady. I had thought they were meeting you. Now I understand"
[Wed Dec 3 22:14:32 2014] : Hildy: "So why should we kill her?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:14:48 2014] : Hildy: "We came for information, not to kill some demi-god"
[Wed Dec 3 22:14:59 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Because you are a tool and I direct you?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:15:13 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Would not her death resolve your problem?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:15:59 2014] : Akiak: "It might. Just with a large frustration of not really understanding the whys"
[Wed Dec 3 22:16:10 2014] : Vaddyn: "I imagine it would, however it seems a little more drastic than we had intended"
[Wed Dec 3 22:16:52 2014] : Hildy: "Are you saying that her intention is to foment war between Orcs and Humans?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:17:25 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "No. She cares not for orc nor human only maintaining her power here."
[Wed Dec 3 22:18:23 2014] : Akiak: "What does that have to do with anything on our plane?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:18:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "The Orcs are convinced that she is harnessed by the humans to kill Orcs"
[Wed Dec 3 22:18:40 2014] : Hildy: "So who is raising tensions on our borders?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:19:33 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "A good righeous war against those evil orcs is just what a wavering group of fallen celestial need to pretend they're no longer amongst the fallen."
[Wed Dec 3 22:20:06 2014] : Hildy: "Right, and never mind the ultimate price amongst the humans"
[Wed Dec 3 22:20:18 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: Corvo shrugs.
[Wed Dec 3 22:21:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm not sure we have any other real choice if we want to prevent the war"
[Wed Dec 3 22:23:00 2014] : Vaddyn: "May we discuss this in private?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:24:24 2014] : Akiak: "In private with a Spymaster in our surroundings?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:24:34 2014] : Akiak: "that's an interesting concept"
[Wed Dec 3 22:24:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "well, since you put it like that"
[Wed Dec 3 22:24:50 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Oh, I promise I won't listen." He grins.
[Wed Dec 3 22:24:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "What are eveyones opinions?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:25:59 2014] : Miriam: "Us acting as assassins? No!"
[Wed Dec 3 22:27:39 2014] : Hildy: "Ambush is not assassination"
[Wed Dec 3 22:28:04 2014] : Hildy: "But I have to agree, I'm not sure that Domestos would condone this course of action"
[Wed Dec 3 22:28:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "Seems to me we did something similar at a certain farm not too long ago"
[Wed Dec 3 22:28:10 2014] : Akiak: "I'm still lacking a good reason"
[Wed Dec 3 22:28:25 2014] : Akiak: "But then, I'm new enough to the party that my opinion does not count much"
[Wed Dec 3 22:30:17 2014] : Miriam: "At the farm we were preparing for people we *knew* were up to no good"
[Wed Dec 3 22:30:33 2014] : Miriam: "Now I don't see a good reason either"
[Wed Dec 3 22:30:41 2014] : Vaddyn: "As opposed to someone who is starting a war?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:32:06 2014] : Hildy: "And the ones that were up to no good were disobeying the Lady"
[Wed Dec 3 22:32:29 2014] : Miriam: "What do we know? I mean, really, honestly know?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:32:37 2014] : Hildy: "I'm still not convinced that she is not just achieving her ends in the wrong way"
[Wed Dec 3 22:32:44 2014] : Vaddyn: "I actually was referring to the looters we ambushed and killed"
[Wed Dec 3 22:33:50 2014] : Hildy: "I'm not convinced that killing her is our aim"
[Wed Dec 3 22:34:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "No, stopping the war is. Will killing here achieve this?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:35:22 2014] : Akiak: "probably one way or another"
[Wed Dec 3 22:35:36 2014] : Akiak: "but only if we're certain there's nobody else behind the war"
[Wed Dec 3 22:36:13 2014] : Hildy: "Exactly"
[Wed Dec 3 22:37:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "We have no way of knowing that"
[Wed Dec 3 22:38:03 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: ooc you could try to offer something else to Corvo to get the information he claims to have. Or perhaps you could leave and try something else?
[Wed Dec 3 22:39:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "I dont think we can help you Corvo. It just doesn't seem to sit right with us"
[Wed Dec 3 22:39:46 2014] : Hildy: "I'm not convinced that killing her is the right way."
[Wed Dec 3 22:40:21 2014] : Akiak: ooc not sure I understand "the information he claims to have"
[Wed Dec 3 22:40:24 2014] : Akiak: ooc :D
[Wed Dec 3 22:40:47 2014] : Akiak: "That may be the case, but sitting here and debating to death won't help us either"
[Wed Dec 3 22:40:50 2014] : Hildy: "Maybe she should just go back to her home plane?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:41:03 2014] : Akiak: "That would be an idea"
[Wed Dec 3 22:41:32 2014] : Hildy: "Face up to what she has done and take any retribution"
[Wed Dec 3 22:41:48 2014] : Hildy: "But how would we convince either side?"
[Wed Dec 3 22:42:41 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: "Ah. It appears my tools are more squeamish than I thought. That would be acceptable but she would need to be weakened, unconcious for us to make her cross to the plane."
[Wed Dec 3 22:43:15 2014] : Spymaster Corvo: GAME END