Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 12 19:54:18 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 12 19:55:50 2014] : DM: Having learned more about the Lady of the Hunt and the the politics between the various factions of her fallen followers you decided to travel north into orc territory.
[Wed Nov 12 19:56:03 2014] : Miriam: ooc I love Affligem, especially the triples
[Wed Nov 12 19:56:57 2014] : Hildy: ooc random!
[Wed Nov 12 19:57:29 2014] : DM: You gathered supplies and equipment and headed out on the old millitary road, travelling west towards Fort Cutlass where you will turn north towards the large orc fortified encampment.
[Wed Nov 12 19:57:40 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc henry mentioned it a while back
[Wed Nov 12 19:57:42 2014] : Artur: ooc it's the beer I've been drinking, Craig
[Wed Nov 12 19:58:01 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc You'd know this if you weren't the last here :P
[Wed Nov 12 19:58:07 2014] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed Nov 12 19:58:15 2014] : Artur: "It is a long time since we travelled this road."
[Wed Nov 12 19:58:28 2014] : Hildy: ooc is Del actually here?
[Wed Nov 12 19:58:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "Indeed. I hadn't expected to travel it even again"
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:03 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc think she's semi-afk - packing for SF
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:17 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I'm here, yes ;)
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:26 2014] : Artur: "Was it not near here that we first met, all of you and I."
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:47 2014] : Miriam: ooc It's a great, Belgium trappist beer, hoppy and yeasty and fresh and wonderful
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:51 2014] : Hildy: "Indeed, and only shortly after I joined the team"
[Wed Nov 12 19:59:55 2014] : Vaddyn: "You are correct. An interesting night that was"
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:08 2014] : Artur: "A night of fire and blood, I think."
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:15 2014] : DM: The orc encampment is approximately 4km across and icy. Did you pack screws for your feet and harpoons?
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:24 2014] : Miriam: "As are most of your nights"
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:29 2014] : Aeleva: "Just really. Can you point me to many nights that haven't been fire and blood?
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:36 2014] : Aeleva: "Since all of us are together?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:42 2014] : Artur: "There is as little blood as I can achieve."
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:56 2014] : Miriam: "Unless I get there first"
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:56 2014] : Aeleva: "not complaining mind you. At least I haven't been bored"
[Wed Nov 12 20:00:59 2014] : Hildy: "More fire since Artur joined us"
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:02 2014] : Artur: ooc I didn't pack any cold-weather gear. Artur's going to melt as much of it as he can.
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:05 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva smiles
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:42 2014] : Hildy: ooc I have a cold weather outfit, but I (Craig) had no idea it would be cold
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:43 2014] : DM: ooc the orc camp is also called 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:52 2014] : Hildy: ooc ROFL
[Wed Nov 12 20:01:55 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc hehe
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:03 2014] : Hildy: "Is this road made of bones?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:05 2014] : Miriam: ooc I don't get it
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:06 2014] : Artur: "It is colder here than I like."
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:24 2014] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:38 2014] : DM: ooc check today's science news ;) ESA landed a probe of a comet.
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:43 2014] : Vaddyn: "It is getting chillier"
[Wed Nov 12 20:02:58 2014] : DM: ooc on a comet
[Wed Nov 12 20:03:12 2014] : Hildy: ooc I totally misunderstood and thought that it was a Gulag camp!
[Wed Nov 12 20:03:22 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 12 20:04:06 2014] : Aeleva: ooc That's tswo of us Craig. :D I heard the name on the radio a few hours ago so I thought it did ring a bell though
[Wed Nov 12 20:04:28 2014] : DM: You've been travelling for some hours when you pass a watch tower. The soldier on watch hails you.
[Wed Nov 12 20:04:59 2014] : Miriam: ooc I'll check it out, sounds wonderful! :)
[Wed Nov 12 20:05:01 2014] : DM: "Ho there!" he calls.
[Wed Nov 12 20:05:19 2014] : Vaddyn: "Hey! What news?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:05:32 2014] : Hildy: ooc is it one we've visited before?
[Wed Nov 12 20:05:41 2014] : DM: "You know anything about that group of warriors behind you on the road?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:05:54 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks over his shoulder
[Wed Nov 12 20:06:01 2014] : Hildy: "Huh?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:06:04 2014] : DM: ooc you'll have passed by it before but you've not met any of the current garrison.
[Wed Nov 12 20:06:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "Er, no. Do you?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:06:23 2014] : DM: From your position on the ground you don't see anything.
[Wed Nov 12 20:06:31 2014] : Miriam: "Where?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:07 2014] : Artur: "We saw none following us."
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:12 2014] : DM: "Five or Six of them. Looks like they're tracking."
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:18 2014] : Aeleva: "We didn't really look either"
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:26 2014] : Artur: Artur spins around, ready to cast a spell if necessary.
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:45 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva looks around to see if she can quickly get to some vantage point
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:45 2014] : Vaddyn: "Do they look like mercenaries?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:45 2014] : Miriam: "Tracking us? Perhaps we should wait for them and ask them about it."
[Wed Nov 12 20:07:49 2014] : DM: "Ah, maybe it's nothing. They ain't orcs."
[Wed Nov 12 20:08:13 2014] : Hildy: "Maybe we should wait here for them?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:08:51 2014] : Vaddyn: "Could it be our old... friends"
[Wed Nov 12 20:09:36 2014] : Artur: "The Green-Handed Fools?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:09:48 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thats one description"
[Wed Nov 12 20:10:25 2014] : Miriam: "We can take on 5 or 6."
[Wed Nov 12 20:10:56 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc did we rest?
[Wed Nov 12 20:11:05 2014] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 12 20:11:11 2014] : Artur: ooc I know I rested :-p
[Wed Nov 12 20:11:49 2014] : Vaddyn: (To the lookout) "Can you describe them?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:12:12 2014] : DM: "Too far away at the moment to tell."
[Wed Nov 12 20:12:30 2014] : Hildy: "Can we come up and take a look?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:12:34 2014] : DM: "Sure"
[Wed Nov 12 20:13:10 2014] : Hildy: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Nov 12 20:13:23 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(19) + 4] = 23
[Wed Nov 12 20:13:38 2014] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(14) + 13] = 27
[Wed Nov 12 20:13:55 2014] : DM: Hildy and Miriam and Aeleva climb the tower and look out to the east along the road.
[Wed Nov 12 20:14:30 2014] : DM: You see six gray figures in the distance travelling in a group.
[Wed Nov 12 20:16:41 2014] : Hildy: "Shall we wait here for them?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:06 2014] : Miriam: "This is as good a place as any, and better than most"
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:07 2014] : Vaddyn: "behind the tower?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:19 2014] : Hildy: "I was thinking atop"
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:20 2014] : DM: Aeleva identifies them as shadow azata of the kind you encountered before.
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:27 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks out to check if there is a better place in sight
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:27 2014] : Artur: Artur chats with Vaddyn "Not sure what they've seen from up there."
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:29 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:31 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(9) + 4] = 13
[Wed Nov 12 20:17:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "So, not the mercs. Very interesting"
[Wed Nov 12 20:18:38 2014] : Aeleva: "They look like Azatas"
[Wed Nov 12 20:18:48 2014] : Aeleva: "Those shadow azatas"
[Wed Nov 12 20:18:58 2014] : Aeleva: ooc without s I guess
[Wed Nov 12 20:19:04 2014] : DM: ooc better place for what, Miriram?
[Wed Nov 12 20:19:17 2014] : Hildy: "Hmm, so how do we deal with them?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:19:18 2014] : Miriam: ooc To wait for that group
[Wed Nov 12 20:19:25 2014] : Hildy: "Given what we have learned?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:19:33 2014] : DM: ooc the tower seems a pretty good place.
[Wed Nov 12 20:20:37 2014] : Miriam: ooc Which is frankly what I expected, but it never hurts to check :)
[Wed Nov 12 20:21:05 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I can't rmember which 'side' they are on. Do we expect them to attack?
[Wed Nov 12 20:21:33 2014] : Hildy: ooc they are weakly affiliated with the lady
[Wed Nov 12 20:21:40 2014] : Miriam: ooc Shadow sounds evil rather than good
[Wed Nov 12 20:21:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc but the last lot had been naughty
[Wed Nov 12 20:21:59 2014] : DM: You don't which faction these ones are.
[Wed Nov 12 20:22:07 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc thats what I thought
[Wed Nov 12 20:22:08 2014] : Artur: "I think we wait here, and challenge them."
[Wed Nov 12 20:22:45 2014] : Vaddyn: "How about some of us challenge them, and some hide, ready to attack"
[Wed Nov 12 20:23:12 2014] : Artur: [1d12(10)] = 10
[Wed Nov 12 20:23:17 2014] : Artur: ooc oops, sorry
[Wed Nov 12 20:23:37 2014] : Artur: "That might not meet all notions of honesty there ever were."
[Wed Nov 12 20:23:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "Honesty against shadow creatures?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:24:42 2014] : Hildy: "I don't know a lot about combat techniques, but itsn't that like a flanking party?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "Its a good technique by all accounts"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:26 2014] : Aeleva: "I'm always better at wielding my weapon when I have had time to study the ennmy and find their weak spot"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:29 2014] : Artur: "Honesty or honour. An ambush from the shadows. I have no objection."
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:36 2014] : Miriam: "I will go down and meet them on the road"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:40 2014] : Aeleva: "Although I doubt my rapier is fgoing to do anything much against shadows"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:45 2014] : Aeleva: "It's like piercing air"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:49 2014] : Artur: ooc they're not actual shadows
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:49 2014] : Vaddyn: "Of course, they may not be out to attack us"
[Wed Nov 12 20:25:55 2014] : Artur: ooc they're shadow azata.
[Wed Nov 12 20:26:13 2014] : DM: ooc they're not actual shadows. They're corporeal.
[Wed Nov 12 20:26:29 2014] : DM: ooc they bleed like you.
[Wed Nov 12 20:26:41 2014] : Aeleva: ooc ok, thanks. Put this on my non-arcana savvy account ;)
[Wed Nov 12 20:26:44 2014] : Hildy: ooc that sounds like a threat ;-)
[Wed Nov 12 20:27:00 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I ain't got time to bleed
[Wed Nov 12 20:27:12 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL@Vaddyn
[Wed Nov 12 20:27:23 2014] : Hildy: ooc I'm a god-damned sexual tyrranosaurus
[Wed Nov 12 20:27:48 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc great line
[Wed Nov 12 20:29:05 2014] : DM: ooc Can you position your miniatures where you will be waiting?
[Wed Nov 12 20:29:33 2014] : Vaddyn: oco are we watiing on the ground?
[Wed Nov 12 20:29:39 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur's on the tower, ready to attack from range.
[Wed Nov 12 20:29:45 2014] : Aeleva: ooc the square is the tower?
[Wed Nov 12 20:29:50 2014] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 12 20:30:13 2014] : Aeleva: ooc Can I hide at the foot of the tower?
[Wed Nov 12 20:30:18 2014] : Hildy: ooc juat you Vaddyn ;-)
[Wed Nov 12 20:30:22 2014] : Hildy: ooc just
[Wed Nov 12 20:30:42 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc seems a little restrictive
[Wed Nov 12 20:31:12 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc especially for those melee types among us
[Wed Nov 12 20:31:40 2014] : Miriam: From what direction are they coming?
[Wed Nov 12 20:31:42 2014] : DM: ooc you can hide on the roof, behind the parapet or on the ground.
[Wed Nov 12 20:31:46 2014] : DM: ooc from the east
[Wed Nov 12 20:32:35 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(8) + 21] = 29
[Wed Nov 12 20:32:37 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I'm most useful on the ground.
[Wed Nov 12 20:32:45 2014] : Miriam: ooc Keeping out of sight, if at all possible, until they're close
[Wed Nov 12 20:32:46 2014] : Aeleva: ooc if someone flanks with me.
[Wed Nov 12 20:32:50 2014] : Miriam: Stealth: [1d20(1) + -1] = 0
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:02 2014] : Miriam: ooc ROFLMAO
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:05 2014] : Artur: ooc "I think I just failed a check"
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:14 2014] : Aeleva: ooc that's like. PAINT ME RED LIKE A TARGET
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:19 2014] : Miriam: ooc Listen or SPot?
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:35 2014] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 16] = 33
[Wed Nov 12 20:33:42 2014] : DM: Miriam's polished armour glints in the sunlight.
[Wed Nov 12 20:34:25 2014] : Miriam: ooc Maintaining your breastplate is important you know, and shiny is good!
[Wed Nov 12 20:34:50 2014] : DM: Aeleva lurks behind the tower, out of sight.
[Wed Nov 12 20:35:09 2014] : DM: Hildy hunches down behind the parapet.
[Wed Nov 12 20:35:42 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn casually leans on the edge
[Wed Nov 12 20:35:42 2014] : Miriam: ooc Ah, well, I never planned to keep out of sight anyway, I just didn't want them to sneak up on me
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:29 2014] : DM: The azata approach, when they're about 300 ft away they stop and and point, they draw weapons, silvery scimitars or longbows.
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc brb Need tea, and lots of it
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:36 2014] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:38 2014] : Artur: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 9] = 24
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:39 2014] : Vaddyn: "WEll that answers that"
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:43 2014] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:43 2014] : Miriam: ooc OK, later
[Wed Nov 12 20:36:47 2014] : Miriam: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21
[Wed Nov 12 20:37:07 2014] : DM: ooc go get your tea
[Wed Nov 12 20:37:18 2014] : Miriam: ooc OK, thanks :)
[Wed Nov 12 20:37:19 2014] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(17) + 8] = 25
[Wed Nov 12 20:37:20 2014] : Aeleva: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8
[Wed Nov 12 20:38:07 2014] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Nov 12 20:39:16 2014] : Miriam: ooc Put the jug on, it'll take a couple of minutes before it comes to the boil
[Wed Nov 12 20:42:46 2014] : Hildy: ooc hello?
[Wed Nov 12 20:42:47 2014] : Shadow Bralani: The azata shift into swirling forms of mist and wind and glide forwards and a rapid pace.
[Wed Nov 12 20:43:19 2014] : Shadow Bralani: They're now 200 ft away and approx 10 ft above the ground.
[Wed Nov 12 20:43:23 2014] : DM: Artur?
[Wed Nov 12 20:44:06 2014] : Artur: Artur waits a moment, considering his best action.
[Wed Nov 12 20:44:23 2014] : Artur: ooc delaying action until Initiative 1
[Wed Nov 12 20:44:49 2014] : DM: Miriam?
[Wed Nov 12 20:45:30 2014] : Miriam: Miriam draws her bow, but waits with shooting until they start hostilities
[Wed Nov 12 20:45:43 2014] : Miriam: Done
[Wed Nov 12 20:46:19 2014] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Nov 12 20:46:40 2014] : Hildy: Hildy whispers "Are we assuming that they are hostile then?"
[Wed Nov 12 20:46:52 2014] : Vaddyn: "It really looks like it"
[Wed Nov 12 20:47:05 2014] : Hildy: [Wed Nov 12 20:47:26 2014] : Hildy: ooc err, sorry - looks like I have a node gone awry
[Wed Nov 12 20:47:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc I have no idea, but I prefer to be prepared
[Wed Nov 12 20:47:43 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn readies an action for them getting to about 150ft
[Wed Nov 12 20:48:00 2014] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Nov 12 20:48:04 2014] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Nov 12 20:48:23 2014] : Vaddyn: "If they're not hostile, they're going to be soon enough"
[Wed Nov 12 20:48:35 2014] : Hildy: Hildy stays low for now
[Wed Nov 12 20:48:39 2014] : Hildy: Blessing of Fervour: Level 4 - You grant a boon to up to 8 creatures, no 2 of which can be more than 30 feet apart. (Range: 45 feet; Duration: 8 rounds).
Each round, recipients can choose: