Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 5 20:09:09 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 5 20:09:58 2014] : DM: You're down in the Sealed Archives (now unsealed of course) and have defeated the lich wizard and her bound copper dragon and recovered her extensive library of texts.
[Wed Nov 5 20:11:01 2014] : DM: Many of them contains details of Serelith, the so-called Lady of the Hunt. A mysterious figure from legends who rides the country in times of peril gathering up mortal followers.
[Wed Nov 5 20:12:45 2014] : DM: One book in particular goes into her early history. As a High Lady of the Azata in the plane of Elysium, she champion the cause of greater involvement in troubles on other planes.
[Wed Nov 5 20:13:13 2014] : Hildy: "Hmm, sounds like someone fell, and fell hard"
[Wed Nov 5 20:13:41 2014] : DM: Aloof and content with their "perfect" lifestyle the other High Lords and Ladies conspired to banish Lady Serelith to the plane of shadow with her follows.
[Wed Nov 5 20:14:03 2014] : Vaddyn: "Pushed, more like"
[Wed Nov 5 20:14:56 2014] : DM: She and her falled Azata became the first of the Shadow Azata, in near constant conflict with the other Shadow plane denizins and with spliter groups of Shadow Azata.
[Wed Nov 5 20:16:20 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I'm not sure I understand.
[Wed Nov 5 20:16:24 2014] : Aeleva: ooc the last bit
[Wed Nov 5 20:16:50 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc kicked into shadow plane, and /very/ not welcome there?
[Wed Nov 5 20:17:37 2014] : Hildy: "She obviously survived when she got there"
[Wed Nov 5 20:17:45 2014] : Miriam: ooc She was a trouble maker, wanting to get involved with creatures on other planes, couldn't leave well enough alone
[Wed Nov 5 20:17:50 2014] : DM: Banished to the plane of shadows, she and her followers are regular battling with the natives of the shadow plane, for territory, trade rights or for self-preservation.
[Wed Nov 5 20:18:06 2014] : Aeleva: ooc k thanks
[Wed Nov 5 20:18:18 2014] : Miriam: "It seems she could use some help"
[Wed Nov 5 20:18:47 2014] : DM: If the that wasn't enough strife, the shadow azata splintered into different factions and there is much political infighting, assassinations and plotting and scheming.
[Wed Nov 5 20:19:30 2014] : Vaddyn: "I've never been one for politics. Always seems that whatever you do to try and help, you piss someone off"
[Wed Nov 5 20:20:19 2014] : DM: However, if the mortal plane she so wishes to protect and influence is particularly threatened, she manages to forge fragile alliances. Her position in the shadow plane secured (if somewhat shakily) she rides across the mortal plane, gathering mortal followers to form an army.
[Wed Nov 5 20:21:10 2014] : Hildy: "Hmm, this sounds less negative than one might have thought!"
[Wed Nov 5 20:22:27 2014] : Miriam: "She's a champion! I like that"
[Wed Nov 5 20:22:49 2014] : Vaddyn: "These books tell a tale of a person willing to risk their life for those in need"
[Wed Nov 5 20:25:04 2014] : Hildy: "Indeed..."
[Wed Nov 5 20:25:19 2014] : Hildy: "Though, it may be propaganda"
[Wed Nov 5 20:25:32 2014] : DM: There is more information in the books bit it refers to specific events in history and isn't directly relevant.
[Wed Nov 5 20:25:52 2014] : Aeleva: "I'm not sure I like her anyway"
[Wed Nov 5 20:25:59 2014] : Hildy: ooc brb - mouse batteries have died
[Wed Nov 5 20:26:22 2014] : Vaddyn: "True, I doubt the recently deceased would have held kept books painting her love in a bad light"
[Wed Nov 5 20:27:33 2014] : Hildy: ooc sorted
[Wed Nov 5 20:28:30 2014] : Hildy: "OK, shall we get these books upstairs to our sagely friend?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:28:48 2014] : Vaddyn: "Aye."
[Wed Nov 5 20:28:48 2014] : Hildy: "Let's pop them into a handy haversack or too"
[Wed Nov 5 20:28:53 2014] : Artur (enter): 20:28
[Wed Nov 5 20:29:01 2014] : Artur: ooc evening all, sorry I'm late
[Wed Nov 5 20:29:10 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc hi Henry
[Wed Nov 5 20:29:32 2014] : Hildy: "It's probably worth looking for any other books he might be grateful to us to bring back"
[Wed Nov 5 20:29:45 2014] : DM: ooc you'll want to read the latest log from earlier tonight for some important background
[Wed Nov 5 20:29:48 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc Henry: you've just died and we are looting your still warm corpse
[Wed Nov 5 20:30:05 2014] : Hildy: Hildy has a scour for any very interesting looking books
[Wed Nov 5 20:30:10 2014] : Hildy: Perception (Take 20): [20 + 5] = 25
[Wed Nov 5 20:30:14 2014] : Hildy: Spellcraft: [1d20(18) + 11] = 29
[Wed Nov 5 20:31:31 2014] : DM: There enough interesting books the Thomaz will likely send an assistant or two down to retrieve them all and catalog them.
[Wed Nov 5 20:32:34 2014] : Hildy: "Maybe he will come down himself now we've removed the lich"
[Wed Nov 5 20:32:43 2014] : Hildy: "OK, let's head back then"
[Wed Nov 5 20:32:43 2014] : Artur: Artur studies what he can
[Wed Nov 5 20:33:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "Should we warn him about the crazy book case room?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:33:11 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grins evilly
[Wed Nov 5 20:33:47 2014] : Artur: ooc whuh? Not fair! :)
[Wed Nov 5 20:34:35 2014] : Aeleva: "haha! I can imagine him turning around the room reading a book and not even noticing his head is upside down
[Wed Nov 5 20:34:43 2014] : Hildy: ooc you must have done that while we read about the lady of the hunt
[Wed Nov 5 20:34:44 2014] : Artur: "We know who she was, as well as who she is."
[Wed Nov 5 20:35:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "Is she gathering an army now? If so, to what purpose?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:36:30 2014] : Artur: "But those in the farmyard. They were fearing her. Not wanting her to find them killing."
[Wed Nov 5 20:36:50 2014] : DM: ooc Fayle Regan the scout reported that the orcs are fortifying. The orcs are her likely target.
[Wed Nov 5 20:37:10 2014] : Hildy: "Maybe they were from one of the weakly aligned factions?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:37:13 2014] : Artur: "Is she, then, a potential ally of ours?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:38:12 2014] : Hildy: "I think she could be, but this book may simply be a tissue of lies"
[Wed Nov 5 20:38:36 2014] : Artur: "Of course. So we should not go in without planning."
[Wed Nov 5 20:39:23 2014] : Hildy: "I think it worth giving Thomasz a couple of days with the books"
[Wed Nov 5 20:39:39 2014] : Vaddyn: "Either way, lets head back up"
[Wed Nov 5 20:40:02 2014] : Miriam: "Let me help you with the books"
[Wed Nov 5 20:40:04 2014] : Hildy: "He's very learned, and may be able to verify the veracity"
[Wed Nov 5 20:40:04 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn heads out the way he came in
[Wed Nov 5 20:40:14 2014] : Hildy: ooc books are in our haversacks already
[Wed Nov 5 20:40:20 2014] : DM: You head out of the Archives, negotiating the odd gravity room without difficulty.
[Wed Nov 5 20:41:54 2014] : Aeleva: "We're getting good at this"
[Wed Nov 5 20:42:06 2014] : Artur: "Practice is good for you.
[Wed Nov 5 20:43:20 2014] : DM: Thomaz is in his office as usual.
[Wed Nov 5 20:43:23 2014] : Artur: "I think that is all we need here. Let us present the books to Tomasz. I should like to study them also."
[Wed Nov 5 20:44:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "Hello Thomaz. We bring gifts"
[Wed Nov 5 20:44:58 2014] : Miriam: "Lots of books. I hope you like to read"
[Wed Nov 5 20:45:27 2014] : Hildy: Hildy pulls them out of his haversack
[Wed Nov 5 20:46:01 2014] : Thomaz: "Anything immediately useful?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:46:20 2014] : Artur: "Books about the Lady."
[Wed Nov 5 20:47:47 2014] : Thomaz: "What action do you recommend?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:47:56 2014] : Aeleva: "I wouldn't call that immediately useful"
[Wed Nov 5 20:48:10 2014] : Aeleva: "I am not sure actually"
[Wed Nov 5 20:48:38 2014] : Aeleva: "I can't make up my mind about whether she's all bad, somewhat bad, somewhat good or all good"
[Wed Nov 5 20:48:50 2014] : Artur: "I think our best approach is to treat her as a potential ally."
[Wed Nov 5 20:51:05 2014] : Thomaz: "Perhaps a mission into the plane of shadows?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:51:30 2014] : Artur: "That hass its dangers."
[Wed Nov 5 20:51:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "Sounds risky"
[Wed Nov 5 20:51:56 2014] : Miriam: "Life is risky"
[Wed Nov 5 20:52:14 2014] : Thomaz: "Yes, the Shadows is not a safe plane, but then neither is this one currently."
[Wed Nov 5 20:52:26 2014] : Artur: "Safety is in death, and I am not ready for that."
[Wed Nov 5 20:52:31 2014] : Hildy: "Domestos has revealed to me that travel to other planes will be granted to me very shortly"
[Wed Nov 5 20:52:40 2014] : Hildy: "Which may remove some risk"
[Wed Nov 5 20:53:02 2014] : Thomaz: "But, if the orcs are simply fortifying to defend against an attack from the Lady of the Hunt then perhaps we can simply maintain the status quo."
[Wed Nov 5 20:53:03 2014] : Hildy: "I would, of course, be able to take allies"
[Wed Nov 5 20:53:48 2014] : Thomaz: Thomaz sighs. "I am not equipped to make a proper judgement on this matter."
[Wed Nov 5 20:54:03 2014] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps we should see what the Orcs are up to for ourselves"
[Wed Nov 5 20:54:08 2014] : Artur: "Are the orcs worth defending?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:55:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "I doubt it"
[Wed Nov 5 20:55:22 2014] : Artur: "If we leave them to fall: they are no loss to us, I think."
[Wed Nov 5 20:57:17 2014] : Vaddyn: "Who knows what they keep in check though"
[Wed Nov 5 20:57:17 2014] : Miriam: "Orcs worth defending? They're worth fighting, in my opinion"
[Wed Nov 5 20:57:28 2014] : Hildy: "But the people that the lady takes to her cause?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:57:55 2014] : Hildy: "They will die, when it could be avoided"
[Wed Nov 5 20:58:41 2014] : Artur: "She harms all she uses?"
[Wed Nov 5 20:59:14 2014] : Thomaz: "The legends do say that none swept up by her cavalcade ever return."
[Wed Nov 5 20:59:34 2014] : Aeleva: "That sounds engaging"
[Wed Nov 5 20:59:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "Hmmm"
[Wed Nov 5 21:00:02 2014] : Artur: "They are not necessarily harmed."
[Wed Nov 5 21:00:16 2014] : Artur: "But perhaps we could negotiate."
[Wed Nov 5 21:02:32 2014] : Vaddyn: "Between a fallen god and some orcs? Good luck""
[Wed Nov 5 21:03:28 2014] : Artur: "Fallen angel, I think."
[Wed Nov 5 21:03:41 2014] : Artur: "I meant between her, and our people."
[Wed Nov 5 21:05:19 2014] : Thomaz: "One thing puzzles me..."
[Wed Nov 5 21:05:23 2014] : Vaddyn: "Still not going to be easy. We dont know what she wants"
[Wed Nov 5 21:06:18 2014] : Miriam (exit): 21:06
[Wed Nov 5 21:06:39 2014] : Miriam (enter): 21:06
[Wed Nov 5 21:07:00 2014] : Thomaz: "The orc tribes had gathered under the influence of the naga and the crown of power, but with the naga dead and the crown destroyed what does the Lady think she is protecting us from?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:07:25 2014] : Thomaz: "If anything it seems that her actions only escalate the situation."
[Wed Nov 5 21:07:56 2014] : Vaddyn: "That seems out of character given what we've read"
[Wed Nov 5 21:07:58 2014] : Thomaz: "Perhaps she has less altruistic motives? Living on the Plane of Shadows is bound to influence even a powerful Azata."
[Wed Nov 5 21:08:43 2014] : Miriam: "It's no use to speculate. How can we really find out about her motives?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:08:57 2014] : Aeleva: "Any way we can contact her?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:09:15 2014] : Aeleva: "Do these books hold any hint as to how we may talk to her?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:09:27 2014] : Aeleva: "Sometimes asking is the best way to understand one's motives"
[Wed Nov 5 21:09:34 2014] : Aeleva: "Or lack thereof ofor that matter"
[Wed Nov 5 21:10:44 2014] : Vaddyn: "So you think the Plane of Shadows may have been corrupted her?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:10:49 2014] : Vaddyn: "So you think the Plane of Shadows may have corrupted her?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:11:07 2014] : Thomaz: ooc You have an amulet that will allow a portal to be opened.
[Wed Nov 5 21:11:20 2014] : Thomaz: Tomaz shrugs. "I don't know. It's possible."
[Wed Nov 5 21:12:16 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thats ominous"
[Wed Nov 5 21:12:35 2014] : Hildy: ooc we have an amulet with a crystal that glows faintly purple
[Wed Nov 5 21:12:45 2014] : Hildy: ooc did we ever find out what it did?
[Wed Nov 5 21:13:31 2014] : Thomaz: ooc I'm sure I mentioned it opened a portal and was good for two uses (i.e., there and back again).
[Wed Nov 5 21:14:59 2014] : Artur: "I think we have our gate. There and back again. Are we ready to try?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:15:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm still not sure this is a good idea"
[Wed Nov 5 21:15:54 2014] : Hildy: "Is this very urgent?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:16:02 2014] : Hildy: "Can it wait a couple of days?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:16:14 2014] : Artur: "Either that or we speak to the orc leadership, as best they will listen to us."
[Wed Nov 5 21:16:19 2014] : Miriam: "What have we got to lose, except our lives?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:16:40 2014] : Aeleva: "Well, I happen to like mine"
[Wed Nov 5 21:16:43 2014] : Aeleva: "My life that is"
[Wed Nov 5 21:17:05 2014] : Hildy: ooc DM, can we assume that I used campaign time to make Vaddyn's and my own items?
[Wed Nov 5 21:17:36 2014] : Thomaz: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 5 21:17:45 2014] : Hildy: ooc as described in the making items section
[Wed Nov 5 21:17:47 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc \o/
[Wed Nov 5 21:17:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc TY
[Wed Nov 5 21:18:04 2014] : Hildy: "Oh, by the way Vaddyn, I finished this this morning..."
[Wed Nov 5 21:18:20 2014] : Hildy: "Here's the (insert item) you wanted!"
[Wed Nov 5 21:18:39 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thank you very much."
[Wed Nov 5 21:19:10 2014] : Hildy: ooc IIRC it was low enough DC that I couldn't fail the roll
[Wed Nov 5 21:19:13 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn deducts an appropriate amount from his own money and pays Hildy a small tip
[Wed Nov 5 21:19:24 2014] : Hildy: "No need Vaddyn"
[Wed Nov 5 21:19:36 2014] : Hildy: "If you must, give it to the poor"
[Wed Nov 5 21:19:59 2014] : Vaddyn: "Very well"
[Wed Nov 5 21:20:22 2014] : Hildy: "I'm ready to go"
[Wed Nov 5 21:20:40 2014] : Artur: "As am I."
[Wed Nov 5 21:20:47 2014] : Hildy: Hildy strokes the fabric of his new shirt
[Wed Nov 5 21:20:56 2014] : Vaddyn: "Would it be worth resting til the morning?"
[Wed Nov 5 21:21:09 2014] : DM: ooc did you decide where you're going?
[Wed Nov 5 21:21:33 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn slides his til-now rarely used sword into the fancy scabbard
[Wed Nov 5 21:21:58 2014] : Aeleva: ooc do we have moneyz?
[Wed Nov 5 21:22:32 2014] : Hildy: ooc nothing new
[Wed Nov 5 21:22:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc I had enough to make my item
[Wed Nov 5 21:23:47 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes a few hours to buy a couple of items
[Wed Nov 5 21:23:55 2014] : Artur: ooc I don't think we reached a firm conclusion - though the consensus looked like the Shadow Plane.
[Wed Nov 5 21:24:21 2014] : Aeleva: ooc did we sell the goods?
[Wed Nov 5 21:24:32 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I need some small stuff.
[Wed Nov 5 21:24:41 2014] : Hildy: ooc you mean the stuff only I keep track of ;-)
[Wed Nov 5 21:24:54 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Nov 5 21:25:04 2014] : Aeleva: ooc well but I keep track of your keeping track!
[Wed Nov 5 21:25:12 2014] : Hildy: ooc we haven't done anything with the stuff I've costed up
[Wed Nov 5 21:25:34 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I have 11 GP to my name.
[Wed Nov 5 21:25:40 2014] : Aeleva: ooc that's why I ask ;)
[Wed Nov 5 21:25:55 2014] : Artur: ooc Hildy's not a cleric, he's an accountant ;-)
[Wed Nov 5 21:26:02 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc have you a hole in your pocket??
[Wed Nov 5 21:26:04 2014] : ** Vaddyn found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Nov 5 21:26:22 2014] : Aeleva: ooc no, I'm well equipped :P
[Wed Nov 5 21:26:53 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Nov 5 21:27:25 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc Well at least you have a bow
[Wed Nov 5 21:27:34 2014] : Hildy: ooc if we can sell the stuff we all get 4800
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:01 2014] : DM: ooc you can sell it all
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:23 2014] : Aeleva: ooc wait a sec. There's a rapier!
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:26 2014] : Aeleva: tooc
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:30 2014] : Aeleva: ooc +2
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:44 2014] : Artur: ooc David, I'll be sending you an email with an item request for the future.
[Wed Nov 5 21:28:51 2014] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Nov 5 21:29:20 2014] : Aeleva: ooc how did I miss that?
[Wed Nov 5 21:29:35 2014] : Hildy: ooc no idea
[Wed Nov 5 21:29:49 2014] : Aeleva: ooc can I take it? :D
[Wed Nov 5 21:30:15 2014] : Hildy: ooc Did you also miss the armour?
[Wed Nov 5 21:30:35 2014] : Aeleva: ooc armour is not better than mine.
[Wed Nov 5 21:30:47 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I have a mithral shirt +2
[Wed Nov 5 21:30:54 2014] : Miriam: ooc Take the rapier
[Wed Nov 5 21:34:58 2014] : Aeleva: ooc ok, taking the rapier
[Wed Nov 5 21:38:41 2014] : DM: All prepped
[Wed Nov 5 21:38:42 2014] : DM: ?
[Wed Nov 5 21:38:49 2014] : Artur: ooc yep
[Wed Nov 5 21:38:55 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah
[Wed Nov 5 21:39:24 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn finally got himself a rod and an nice headband
[Wed Nov 5 21:39:34 2014] : Artur: ooc oo-er, mrs!
[Wed Nov 5 21:39:46 2014] : Hildy: ooc ready
[Wed Nov 5 21:40:37 2014] : Miriam: Ready
[Wed Nov 5 21:40:48 2014] : DM: Where to now?
[Wed Nov 5 21:42:46 2014] : Artur: ooc Orcs or Shadow Plane? :)
[Wed Nov 5 21:43:08 2014] : Miriam: ooc To the Lady!
[Wed Nov 5 21:43:27 2014] : Miriam: ooc How much money do we all get?
[Wed Nov 5 21:43:44 2014] : Hildy: ooc 4000 GP
[Wed Nov 5 21:44:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc Orcs? if all goes badish then we can skip out quickly to the shadow plane.
[Wed Nov 5 21:45:12 2014] : Miriam: ooc If? Don't you mean when?
[Wed Nov 5 21:45:14 2014] : Aeleva: ooc I'll get half that because I have so much stuff from the party loot
[Wed Nov 5 21:45:22 2014] : Artur: ooc sounds good - we can say "we've been spying on your enemies" to her
[Wed Nov 5 21:45:24 2014] : Aeleva: ooc you can share the 2000 CGP
[Wed Nov 5 21:45:55 2014] : Miriam: ooc You get stuff that makes you more useful to the party and that's fine by me
[Wed Nov 5 21:46:08 2014] : Aeleva: ooc yeah but I really have a LOT of stuff ;)
[Wed Nov 5 21:46:23 2014] : Aeleva: ooc DM likes my type ;)
[Wed Nov 5 21:46:49 2014] : DM: ooc I think it just coincidence.
[Wed Nov 5 21:47:06 2014] : DM: Looks likes it'll be orcs next week.
[Wed Nov 5 21:47:12 2014] : DM: GAME END