Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 15 20:06:43 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 15 20:06:55 2014] : Aeleva: ooc not sure if I like the sound of that...
[Wed Oct 15 20:07:16 2014] : Miriam: ooc But look at the cool maps! :-)
[Wed Oct 15 20:07:48 2014] : DM: Having spoken to Tomaz the wizard you learned of the Sealed Archived beneath the castle. Filled with wild magic from experiements gone wrong it may contain useful information about the Lady of the Hunt.
[Wed Oct 15 20:08:55 2014] : DM: You're starting in a dusty, dim cellar that hasn't see footsteps of many decades. The stout door is barred shut and lead seals with magical sigils have been placed upon the door.
[Wed Oct 15 20:09:53 2014] : DM: You're rested and fully healed.
[Wed Oct 15 20:10:34 2014] : Aeleva: Healing: Regain 1 HP. [Wed Oct 15 20:10:48 2014] : Vaddyn: HP Status 65 out of 65.
[Wed Oct 15 20:11:52 2014] : DM: What now?
[Wed Oct 15 20:12:32 2014] : Miriam: "Are we all ready? Who wants to open the door?"
[Wed Oct 15 20:12:36 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc didn't Tomaz say he would remove the magic sigils for us?
[Wed Oct 15 20:12:37 2014] : Hildy: HP Status 54 out of 71.
[Wed Oct 15 20:13:00 2014] : DM: ooc I think I said you could just break them yourself.
[Wed Oct 15 20:13:08 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc ok
[Wed Oct 15 20:13:24 2014] : Hildy: "Off you go Miriam"
[Wed Oct 15 20:13:33 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn steps aside
[Wed Oct 15 20:14:25 2014] : Miriam: Miriam steps forward and looks at the door
[Wed Oct 15 20:14:30 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Oct 15 20:14:36 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva keeps top the corner of the door, hiding.
[Wed Oct 15 20:14:53 2014] : Miriam: ooc Is there a lock?
[Wed Oct 15 20:14:57 2014] : DM: ooc since this map has wild magic you will need to be explicit about when you enter rooms so I can apply appropriate affects.
[Wed Oct 15 20:15:11 2014] : Miriam: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 15 20:15:14 2014] : DM: The door is barred but not locked.
[Wed Oct 15 20:15:39 2014] : Miriam: Miriam touches the bar, not moving it yet
[Wed Oct 15 20:16:12 2014] : DM: The old timber is rough to the touch. Nothing happens
[Wed Oct 15 20:16:30 2014] : Miriam: Miriam removes the bar
[Wed Oct 15 20:17:39 2014] : DM: Miriam lifts the bar. It's a little stiff and she knocks off the layer of dust and cobwebs.
[Wed Oct 15 20:17:54 2014] : Miriam: ooc Cough, cough
[Wed Oct 15 20:18:07 2014] : Miriam: "Step back, I am going to open it."
[Wed Oct 15 20:18:48 2014] : Miriam: Miriam tries to open the door, slightly, axe in one hand
[Wed Oct 15 20:19:15 2014] : Miriam: ooc Does it open inwards or outwards?
[Wed Oct 15 20:19:37 2014] : DM: Miriam pulls on the door, breaking the lead seals. There's a crackle and a faint smell of burning.
[Wed Oct 15 20:20:16 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn winces slightly
[Wed Oct 15 20:20:33 2014] : Miriam: "Of course there would be fire"
[Wed Oct 15 20:21:27 2014] : DM: The air flowing out of the opening is strangely fresh, not at all musty or damp.
[Wed Oct 15 20:21:28 2014] : Miriam: Miriam opens the door all the way and peers in
[Wed Oct 15 20:21:39 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Oct 15 20:21:42 2014] : DM: The burning smell from the broken seals quickly fades.
[Wed Oct 15 20:22:02 2014] : Miriam: ooc Ah, so that was where the smell came from
[Wed Oct 15 20:22:27 2014] : DM: You see a short corridor and then a room, the floor covered in heavy tomes, lying discarded on the floor.
[Wed Oct 15 20:23:05 2014] : Hildy: ooc is there a light source?
[Wed Oct 15 20:24:05 2014] : DM: The corridor and room are lit by small crystals in metal brackets on the walls.
[Wed Oct 15 20:24:17 2014] : Miriam: "This must be a librarian's nightmare"
[Wed Oct 15 20:24:36 2014] : Miriam: "Coming?"
[Wed Oct 15 20:24:44 2014] : Vaddyn: "I hope we're not going to have to read through every book we find"
[Wed Oct 15 20:25:11 2014] : Miriam: Miriam moves in
[Wed Oct 15 20:25:15 2014] : Aeleva: "Should we?"
[Wed Oct 15 20:25:43 2014] : Aeleva: "I guess we should"
[Wed Oct 15 20:26:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "I wonder how much magic there is down here"
[Wed Oct 15 20:26:15 2014] : Vaddyn: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Wed Oct 15 20:26:22 2014] : DM: As Miriam moves down the corridor she sees the room is an almost perfect cube, lined with large bookcases from floor to ceiling.
[Wed Oct 15 20:26:46 2014] : DM: The magic is extensive and the auras flutuate widly.
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:01 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva follows, keeping tot he shadows and looking around her to spot any potential traps.
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:13 2014] : Aeleva: Perception (Traps): [1d20(3) + 21] = 24
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:15 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ah, lots"
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:18 2014] : DM: Curiously there are discarded books lying on the ceiling and the walls.
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:19 2014] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(14) + 16] = 30
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:35 2014] : Hildy: Hildy tries to keep stealthy
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:40 2014] : Hildy: Stealth: [1d20(4) + 21] = 25
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:44 2014] : Aeleva: ooc lying on the ceiling? Am I reading this well?
[Wed Oct 15 20:27:54 2014] : DM: ooc yes.
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:01 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn picks up a book from the floor and tosses it up towards the ceiling
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:01 2014] : Aeleva: ooc k :)
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:05 2014] : Hildy: Hildy looks up and marvels
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:19 2014] : DM: Anyone stepped into the room yet?
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:27 2014] : DM: Hildy steps into the room...
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:30 2014] : DM: Random Gravity: [1d4(1)] = 1. 1 = West, 2 = Down, 3 = East, 4 = Up.
[Wed Oct 15 20:28:41 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc ahhh
[Wed Oct 15 20:29:02 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc sorry, was slightly behind there
[Wed Oct 15 20:29:04 2014] : DM: Suddenly he's pulled to one side skidding along the floor to land heavily against the bookcase.
[Wed Oct 15 20:29:23 2014] : Miriam: "What's happening?"
[Wed Oct 15 20:29:36 2014] : DM: Random Gravity: [1d4(2)] = 2. 1 = West, 2 = Down, 3 = East, 4 = Up.
[Wed Oct 15 20:30:07 2014] : DM: Vaddyn steps into the room and is surprised by Hildy tumbling past.
[Wed Oct 15 20:30:22 2014] : DM: Hildy, take [1d6(5)] = 5 falling damage.
[Wed Oct 15 20:30:37 2014] : Miriam: Miriam rushes in to help Hildy
[Wed Oct 15 20:30:42 2014] : DM: Random Gravity: [1d4(4)] = 4. 1 = West, 2 = Down, 3 = East, 4 = Up.
[Wed Oct 15 20:31:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "What the hell??"
[Wed Oct 15 20:31:26 2014] : DM: Miriam hurtles head first to the ceiling, smashing into it. [2d6(1,6)] = 7 fall damage.
[Wed Oct 15 20:31:47 2014] : Miriam: 7 Damage: Miriam takes 7 damage. [Wed Oct 15 20:31:57 2014] : Miriam: "What?"
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:17 2014] : Vaddyn: "I suppose this explains the books on the ceiling"
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:21 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva decides the corridor is safer somehow. She looks around the room intently, trying to hear/see/find a machine or something that could be at the origin of this magic
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:22 2014] : DM: Disturbed by your presense, the heavy books being to stir. flapping their leather covers and parchement papers.
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:31 2014] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:32 2014] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(5) + 17] = 22
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:39 2014] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:40 2014] : Miriam: Initiative: [1d20(10) + 8] = 18
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:40 2014] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:42 2014] : Aeleva: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Oct 15 20:32:54 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc wheres the fire-machine when you need it?
[Wed Oct 15 20:33:11 2014] : Hildy: 5 Damage: Hildy takes 5 damage. [Wed Oct 15 20:33:34 2014] : DM: ooc on the map are two views of the room. Top town (left) and looking from the South (right). C and F and Ceiling and Floor.
[Wed Oct 15 20:33:46 2014] : Aeleva: ooc yeah, just figured that :)
[Wed Oct 15 20:33:49 2014] : DM: ooc does everyone follow that the map shows?
[Wed Oct 15 20:34:07 2014] : Hildy: ooc sort of... trying to work it out
[Wed Oct 15 20:34:08 2014] : Miriam: ooc I do now :)
[Wed Oct 15 20:34:18 2014] : Hildy: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 15 20:34:24 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yep
[Wed Oct 15 20:34:55 2014] : Miriam: ooc It's now clear what C and F mean
[Wed Oct 15 20:35:02 2014] : DM: ooc Doh. Top down view is on the right, view from the south on the left!
[Wed Oct 15 20:35:24 2014] : Hildy: ooc I didn't even notice that you had transposed
[Wed Oct 15 20:35:58 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I assumed I just hadn't read it correctly
[Wed Oct 15 20:36:07 2014] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 0] = 12
[Wed Oct 15 20:36:34 2014] : Hildy: ooc used facing on the left map to point to my up
[Wed Oct 15 20:37:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc Great idea :)
[Wed Oct 15 20:38:23 2014] : DM: Five of the books are looking particular aggressive.
[Wed Oct 15 20:39:14 2014] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Oct 15 20:39:59 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Oct 15 20:40:02 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Oct 15 20:41:24 2014] : Vaddyn: done
[Wed Oct 15 20:41:30 2014] : DM: Aeleva?
[Wed Oct 15 20:42:12 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva points her bow at A, wondering if leather will be affected by arrows.
[Wed Oct 15 20:42:28 2014] : Aeleva: Shortbow +1: Attack 1: [1d20(9) + 12] = 21 - Damage: [1d6(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 15 20:43:10 2014] : Aeleva: done.
[Wed Oct 15 20:43:32 2014] : DM: Sneak attack. They're flat footed.
[Wed Oct 15 20:43:36 2014] : Hildy: ooc this is making my brain hurt ;-)
[Wed Oct 15 20:43:47 2014] : Miriam: ooc Flat footed books. KMAO
[Wed Oct 15 20:43:58 2014] : Aeleva: Sneak attack - befuddling strike: Damage: [4d6(6,2,4,5)] = 17 HP - Befuddling Strike: opponent takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls against me for [1d4(4)] = 4 round(s).
[Wed Oct 15 20:44:19 2014] : Aeleva: ooc yeah flat footed books does sound funky indeed.
[Wed Oct 15 20:44:43 2014] : Hildy: ooc and again for the 2nd arro
[Wed Oct 15 20:44:47 2014] : Hildy: ooc arrow
[Wed Oct 15 20:45:16 2014] : DM: You hit the book,
[Wed Oct 15 20:45:29 2014] : Aeleva: Sneak attack - befuddling strike: Damage: [4d6(1,6,4,5)] = 16 HP - Befuddling Strike: opponent takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls against me for [1d4(3)] = 3 round(s).
[Wed Oct 15 20:45:31 2014] : Aeleva: Sneak attack - befuddling strike: Damage: [4d6(1,3,3,1)] = 8 HP - Befuddling Strike: opponent takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls against me for [1d4(1)] = 1 round(s).
[Wed Oct 15 20:45:38 2014] : Aeleva: ooc ioops
[Wed Oct 15 20:45:44 2014] : Aeleva: done.
[Wed Oct 15 20:46:07 2014] : DM: Your arrows pierce the covers and the book lies still.
[Wed Oct 15 20:46:20 2014] : DM: Miriam?
[Wed Oct 15 20:46:53 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks around for a target, sees none near and swaps her axe for her bow
[Wed Oct 15 20:47:14 2014] : Miriam: ooc Can I still shoot something?
[Wed Oct 15 20:47:24 2014] : DM: ooc do you have quick draw?
[Wed Oct 15 20:47:27 2014] : Hildy: ooc you could walk to D
[Wed Oct 15 20:47:32 2014] : Miriam: ooc No
[Wed Oct 15 20:47:55 2014] : DM: You're also prone so you would have to stand up.
[Wed Oct 15 20:48:15 2014] : Miriam: ooc Forgot about that, getting up
[Wed Oct 15 20:48:39 2014] : Miriam: ooc Strike the previous actions
[Wed Oct 15 20:49:04 2014] : Miriam: Miriam gets up and walks towards D (2 move actions)
[Wed Oct 15 20:49:15 2014] : Miriam: Done
[Wed Oct 15 20:49:56 2014] : Miriam: ooc It is slightly confusing, isn't it?
[Wed Oct 15 20:50:14 2014] : Books: The books fly about the room striking Miriam (twice), Vaddyn, Hildy and Aeleva.
[Wed Oct 15 20:50:44 2014] : Aeleva: brb Emma's up
[Wed Oct 15 20:50:56 2014] : Books: Slam: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9; Hit: [1d6(4) + 3] = 7 damage .
[Wed Oct 15 20:50:58 2014] : Books: Slam: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23; Hit: [1d6(1) + 3] = 4 damage .
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:04 2014] : Books: Slam: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24; Hit: [1d6(1) + 3] = 4 damage .
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:06 2014] : Books: Slam: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20; Hit: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9 damage .
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:08 2014] : Books: Slam: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7; Hit: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9 damage .
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:26 2014] : Vaddyn: 4 Damage: Vaddyn takes 4 damage. [Wed Oct 15 20:51:42 2014] : Hildy: ooc miss (even with the prone penalty)
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:46 2014] : Books: 4 damage to Miriam. 4 to Vaddyn
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:53 2014] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Oct 15 20:51:56 2014] : Miriam: 4 Damage: Miriam takes 4 damage. [Wed Oct 15 20:53:00 2014] : Hildy: HIldy casts defensively
[Wed Oct 15 20:53:03 2014] : Hildy: Concentration: [1d20(7) + 13] = 20
[Wed Oct 15 20:53:07 2014] : Aeleva: back
[Wed Oct 15 20:53:11 2014] : Hildy: Blessing of Fervour: Level 4 - You grant a boon to up to 8 creatures, no 2 of which can be more than 30 feet apart. (Range: 45 feet; Duration: 8 rounds).
Each round, recipients can choose: